How many copies have been sold?

StarCraft II General
According to Wikipedia it was 4.5 million by the end of 2010. How many have the become since then?
Over 9.000
Weren't it 4.5 million by February 2011?
04/10/2011 20:23Posted by danielcw
Weren't it 4.5 million by February 2011?

What did I say 2 posts above yours, lol? I am curious about current sales.
05/10/2011 18:37Posted by VoidPower
What did I say 2 posts above yours, lol?

I know what you said. I am just saying that the numbers you quote from Wikipedia may be wrong.
Only includes actually hard copy sales, not online or subscription based (e.g. Korea, Russia), but gives you an idea of the trend line.

Note it looks like sales slowed down a lot but when you consider the scale (millions) there are still quite a few copies sold each month.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/13820/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/

Not Blizzard figures of course but closest I could find. (And these chartz are very often inaccurate, just to give you an idea. You can probably extrapolate that if it was 4.5 mio in feb it will be about 5 mio now).
Does anyone have an idea wether HotS sales will be larger/smaller than WoL?
07/10/2011 10:43Posted by ShadowStar

lol what kind of question is that?
According to VGChartz (I would say a more accurate source of data than Wikipedia) SC2 has sold about 3.3M copies in comparison to the original Starcraft's ~ 11.3M copies.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/13820/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/

I would guess that HotS sales will be ~ 30%-60% of SC2 sales depending on the reviews.

Darkheart
As I said Darkheat VGchartz doesn't account for online sales. I guess most people that installs the trial version and then buys a key after will not get a hard copy for instance. Korea and Russia etc. also don't have hard copies as they are subscription based (I think).

Also they can't sell more HotS than WoL as you need 1 to play the other :)

07/10/2011 10:43Posted by ShadowStar

Larger? It's an expansion.... How could it be larger.

XD