Petition: Rally point should "attack-move" not "move"!

StarCraft II General
At the moment, if you set a rally points, units you produce will get a "move" command to that rally point as soon as they're produced. If enemies intercept them, they will carry on moving to the target rather than engage and fight back.

In many of my games, both me and my opponents have had this feature cause a detrimental loss of forces, as while defending a base, even if the rally point is in the base, the unit's inaction while being attacked takes a terrible toll.

Penalizing players for not micromanaging mundane tasks does not improve the game. A game is supposed to be fun, not a chore. There are plenty of ways for rewarding skilled players already.

A person whose base is being attacked is already in panic mode and has to do a ton of work to try to defend it. It makes absolutely no sense to add even more failure points to base defending.
Agreed, it took me quite a while to realize they weren't attack moving :/

So many men dead... War is hell. /drama
A game is supposed to be fun, not a chore.

hehe you haven't played a blizzard game before have you? ;)

anyway, there's no use in 'petitioning' here.

IMO a choice of attack move or normal move would be better
Attack-move rally point ability comes back as an additional option to move rally point with patch 1.1. L2read patch notes.

Link?

Because it doesn't say anything here:

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/554901

I was just about to say the same thing. Can u link please? :) But i want an official text, not some random comment on the patchnotes that says that :)

Anyway, would be useful yes
Haha, this would be awful.

Well, for me it would be.

I rally to my other units mostly (not always but it suits me to rally to my army *most* of the time) and that means I'd have Marauders killing my Tanks or Marines or whatever. :D

I say keep it as is.
Yea but if u have to types of rally, u can use either one u see fit for what u are doing ;)
i was thiking the same thing today! it should be on attack move
i miss the attack move rallypoint in that was in the beta. now i need to left and right click on my buildings so i can remove the rallypoint then i get attacked
I imagine someone accidently waypointin SCV's to the enemies base.

This wont happen. Petitions are 'frowned upon'
Agree.
Yeah or make it toggleable. I didnt like it at all when they changed that.
I too would like to see the rally point move as an attack move.
Attack-move rally point ability comes back as an additional option to move rally point with patch 1.1. L2read patch notes.

cool source bro
Still no sign of any 1.1 patch notes, or any indication this issue will be addressed
I will be much better if it was attack move....
It's the same thing as with overlord not pooping creep by default.
There's no reason it shouldn't be the other way around but don't expect them to change this.
They also removed wireframe casting because... that made spawning larvae way too ergonomic and we can't have that.