StarCraft II Editor Questions

Custom Maps and Arcade
Prev 1 6 7 8
You seem to act like Blizzard even posts in their own threads anymore...
Hey, I'm having serious problems with getting the editor to start. directly after the editor loads it wants me to login i enter my email and password and press connect, the computer thinks for about 0,1 second and then says some information is wrong i kept trying on 2 different computers in different times of the day and always the same fail message. I run it on a brand new Imac and have a 6-8 mbit/s internet connection. this is the first time I've ever tried to open the editor. does any1 have a clue or have the same problem? and BTW is there any better place to ask this question? it seems like blizzard doesn't give any help about the editor. ty for answer.
Would it be able for Blizzard to implement a standardised "hero mode" or "wc3 mode" which automaticly includes some of the game basics from wc3 Experience hero levels (the standrd leveling curve in regards to getting skill levels nad every unit give some amounth of xp with an included number of hero chars whit the same general size etc. i really think this is one of the issues with ppl not making more custom maps (the genereal custom game lobby system is offc also to "blame" but having thise "mode" would really make it alot easier to start making diffrent types of map for a less experienced map maker.

It might be posible to include whilereeasing Blizzard DOTA due to all the heroes being included and i expect the leveling system using those fundamental rules.

Hoep this is possible!

Best regards.
jo
Hi. I'm having a couple of bugs with texturing. The first one is when I'm using the Smudge Tool. It used to be my favourite tool but now I get this strange pattern when using it.
http://i.imgur.com/EuE9Q.jpg

The other bug is when I'm using Add Texture with Very Fast Speed. I used to be able to use 1-10 increment and hold down for very smooth and precise brushing. But now when I use Very Fast Speed, it doesn't matter if I have 1 or 255 increment, it's basically the same and it's hard to do any detailed work.

I believe both these bugs appeared after the 1.5 patch but I'm not sure.
Would it be able for Blizzard to implement a standardised "hero mode" or "wc3 mode" which automaticly includes some of the game basics from wc3 Experience hero levels (the standrd leveling curve in regards to getting skill levels nad every unit give some amounth of xp with an included number of hero chars whit the same general size etc. i really think this is one of the issues with ppl not making more custom maps (the genereal custom game lobby system is offc also to "blame" but having thise "mode" would really make it alot easier to start making diffrent types of map for a less experienced map maker.

It might be posible to include whilereeasing Blizzard DOTA due to all the heroes being included and i expect the leveling system using those fundamental rules.

Hoep this is possible!

Best regards.

A hero leveling system is already implemented, a few examples of maps who use it or slightly modified versions of it are AoS and Footmen.
Wow... this thread is very confusing. If I would try to answere some questions I doubt anyone would know what I'm answering too.

The idea of making this thread is good though... but I doubt this way of putting it out is...

;)
Wow... this thread is very confusing. If I would try to answere some questions I doubt anyone would know what I'm answering too.

The idea of making this thread is good though... but I doubt this way of putting it out is...

;)

Well you can quote the question you answer to ;)

Like this one:

How do I enable advanced AI difficulty settings in a custom map?

I made a s coustom 1v1 map with data changes to the unti values and abilities, I can play vs the computer but I can't chose any difficulty above "very easy".

My changes are that grave the standard AI should not work anymore....
I have a question!

I'm trying to make a custom mission, and I wanna set all of the gateway, robotics facility and stargate units to their Aiur versions from LotV, but whenever I try to warp one in in-game, it warps in a normal Zealot or Stalker instead of a Dragoon. I've done switched the buttons in the consoles for all three buildings, and I also changed which unit should be warped in in the Abilities Tab for Data, but it still doesn't work. How to fix this?
So i have a problem regrading the use of H.O.T.S. and L.O.T.V. as I can't seem to be able to find them directly and the when I tried punting mods that required H.O.T.S. and L.O.T.V. or that had units form them SC2 editor teals me this:
"Heart of the Swarm license is needed to load required dependencies."
"Legacy of the Void license is needed to load required dependencies."

Which I have both on SC2 and have i have completed the majority of the story.

I am sorry if there is a simple way to include the in my map that i did not find.
If that is the case sorry for taking up your time.