Never give up!

StarCraft II General
Was gonna title the thread "Never back down", but refrained, for legal reasons.

We all have those games where it's quite clearly game over, but the defeated insists on trying to rebuild from scratch vs an opponent who has an untouched base and units all over the place.

So, played a 1v1 yesterday, got rushed and taken out really early. I'm sure I could have prevented it if I didn't have a lapse in concentration, notice it so late and then doing lazy micro.

However, instead of quitting then and there, I decided to stick around with the CC, burning barracks and scv I had left, just because... didn't think I had a chance in hell of winning, so just wanted to try something new and to not give the rusher the speedy game he was going for.

I ended it turning the tables on him:
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=147694
Just goes to show that people who use cheese have no idea how to play the game. At 15 mins you beat him with 5 marines an 1 reaper. :-?

p.s. scout next time, and wall in faster.
Heh, a friend of mine labeled this type of loss to someone who you thought was eliminated as "The post-imperial syndrome".

What this syndrome says is that a person who manages to mostly overcome his opponent but does not finish him off risks becoming sloppy in his play and lose even with the great advantage he had before.

The term was first used after a SC1 match in which he completely dominated the map in a 3 player FFA with countless expansions, and yet lost to the other two who only had perviusly barely escaped with a Command Centre to an island. It was funny as hell :)
Just goes to show that people who use cheese have no idea how to play the game. At 15 mins you beat him with 5 marines an 1 reaper. :-?

p.s. scout next time, and wall in faster.

Haha yea, he ididn't play great. One could suggest he was possibly one of those players following a cheese tactic from the "rush tactics for dummies" handbook, and after that he didn't know what to do.

Yea I played stupidly at start. If I even kited him with my reaper I would have fended him off.

Heh, a friend of mine labeled this type of loss to someone who you thought was eliminated as "The post-imperial syndrome".

What this syndrome says is that a person who manages to mostly overcome his opponent but does not finish him off risks becoming sloppy in his play and lose even with the great advantage he had before.

The term was first used after a SC1 match in which he completely dominated the map in a 3 player FFA with countless expansions, and yet lost to the other two who only had perviusly barely escaped with a Command Centre to an island. It was funny as hell :)

Lol yea sometimes you get too cocky and just start taking the pee, playing Starcraft Sims, meanwhile your enemy in a hide-away base is secretly massing and army to crush you're unprepared civilisation.
Sounds like what I do every single game. x)
Wether I win or lose; Each of my opponents know that it's a -massive- pain in the ass to root out a zerg infestation, no matter how much stuff you have. :P Nearly turned around a game like't as well. Not quite there yet, tho'. :<
I agree on this matter. Don't give up until you are truly defeated. I too once managed to turn a near-certain loss into a lucky win.

There was one game when I didn't surrender after my army and main base were destroyed, instead I tried to survive as long as possible and my opponent called it "lame retarded". So much for sportsmanship, I have every right to continue my game even when I'm beyond the hope of winning.