Starcraft Movie Saga

StarCraft II General
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
22/01/2013 16:40Posted by Gizmo
A movie would be so freaking awsome!

i cant deny that :)
I think we should let CrainyCreation develop his imagination.
28/01/2013 21:45Posted by AlexOdhin
I think we should let CrainyCreation develop his imagination

eh... sceptical. Though it was quite impressive "amateur" work they did, i would never let em make any offical starcraft movie.

i have tried to get another reply from Robert Clotworthy (voice of Jim Raynor), but i only got his vote on a starcraft movie... still, its quite amazing i got a response from Jimmy himself :D

I hope this thread will remain active til LotV are done, maybe the push from our fans can make blizz consider a starcraft movie ;)
I don't think the SC universe is that good for a movie. Just because Blizzard makes epic stuff in games does not mean they will be as epic at making movies. Think of the Halo project. There was plans on making a movie for that too, but nothing came out of it.

However, I think a series of short movies could absolutely make it. Problem is that it has to be linked to some form of payment. Perhaps, in the future, this could be where game-movies would find their niche: shorter movies, a bit like cutscenes or machinima.

But a full length movie...? No, dont think so...
It won't be very different than Star Wars. It'll be a combination of SW, Predator, Alien and Starship Troopers. Anyways as much as I love the cutscenes in SC a movie won't be better than a ingenious sequel as either RTS or another video game genre.
Funny how u mention james cameron, he is the perfect director for a starcraft movie he is absolutly essential if its ever gonna be done.... it has to be him !
29/01/2013 20:39Posted by AlexOdhin
a movie won't be better than a ingenious sequel as either RTS or another video game genre.

quite possibly, but it took blizzard 12 years before WoL saw the day of light, sure they got time to make a movie inbetween also...? :P

i guess many ppl think i got a bit "fired up" (FIREBAT!!!), by the intro cinematic to HotS, but no.
Sure, the cinematics are great, blizzard are known for em ofc, but the lore is what interest me more. i think the game got a great story all the way from the original to our current WoL, BW is my favorite though. and i think that would also be the foundation to a potential movie, or a 10 episode short series.
I wanna see how Raynor and Kerrigan got "hooked up" before the zerg came, and bring old heroes back, like Fenix, Stukov, Duke, DuGalle... u name it. nerdchills :D
30/01/2013 21:30Posted by Hubro
quite possibly, but it took blizzard 12 years before WoL saw the day of light, sure they got time to make a movie inbetween also...? :P

Or they could just speed up the making of the games instead.

Sure, the cinematics are great, blizzard are known for em ofc, but the lore is what interest me more.

Then why do you want a film? The most likely outcome is that it shows us lore we already know of.

and i think that would also be the foundation to a potential movie, or a 10 episode short series.

Exactly.
why do i want a movie? is that a question or is it retorical? ofc i want a movie, why wouldnt i, 2 hours of awesomeness, or 10x 45-50 minutes episodes.

we alrdy know the lore, but i rather enjoy a good movie instead of reading books, no way im gonna read LotR f.ex.
Sure, a movie, why not?

...as long as the writing is not done by Blizz them self... this whole story retconning and new, cheesy "villain speeches" we got in WoL and Diablo 3 is creepy.

Oh, and don't let J.J. Abrahams do it... two "Star" franchises are quite enough...
Good movie is better than a bad book. You just need a great director to do it :). I hope blizzard knows it.
31/01/2013 00:58Posted by Hubro
2 hours of awesomeness

Do you honestly believe so?
01/02/2013 16:17Posted by Mikal
Do you honestly believe so?

du er så pessimistisk Mikal... jeg ville digget en starcraft film, samme pokker hvor negativ du kan være.

Warcraft got a director finally... maybe if we are lucky, we will se Warcraft movie in 2015, prob. not any earlier. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/?ref_=sr_1
02/02/2013 22:37Posted by Hubro
du er så pessimistisk Mikal... jeg ville digget en starcraft film, samme pokker hvor negativ du kan være.

By all means, stay positive. Much better than being a negative prick like me.
;3

A heck of a perfect in all aspects negative prick, that is.
It would have to be a trilogy and that would make it even more special.
MUST HAVE STARCRAFT MOVIE OR MY LIFE WILL BE INCOMPLETE!
when i see the trailer for heart of the swarm im yust like " there are missing one part, the part when they say the release date of the god dame movie"
yust look at the story, what a fantasy its yust amazing. but maybe protoss could be a bit more *involved.

*i dont know how to spell it.
that movie has to come
YES want a movie !!!
about 100 replies and 1000 viewers since i created this thread, including getting response from Robert Clotworthy (voice of Jim Raynor) on twitter. awesome :D

know its under a month till the expansion release, but all i can think about is the last expansion with the protoss, cuz i doesnt rly like to play as zerg.

anyways, hope ppl keep posting.

wich actors do you ppl think a potential movie of starcraft, should have?

Sylvester Stallone as Raynor :P