Starjeweled Elite mode tips??

Custom Maps and Arcade
Ok, i just spend over 11 hours straight trying to complete the bejeweled arcade game against an ELITE A.I.

I tried so many different things, So far I've had the most succes with 3 ultralisks healing them up but i just can't seem to do it. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it? I tried looking on internet ofcourse, but I keep getting directed to the INSANE difficulty, instead of the ELITE difficulty.
Nvm, finished it this morning, extreme lucky streak. Tanks & ghosts combo, and locking in ultra's he send at you
1. Wait him to produce first !
2. Counter the unit he produce just to push a bit !
3. Mutas = The Key ! ( counter vs 6 units ) and not that expensive
4. Use The Lock !

N.B: I complete that achievement today ! U need a lot of nerves and luck to get it ! I get if after 100-200 trys spend like 2-3 days . But i am not that good enough in tetris ! :D
Got this achiev, this morning on my NA account. Can verify that ghosts and a few tanks worked much better for me than pure tank or tank and colossus.
My tips would be, ideally let him open first, if its an ultra, muta, roaches go straight into ur ghosts, if its a colossus go banshee and then next 1000 resources go ghosts.

Basically on ur big push u want a large group of ghosts mixed with marines, and then 3 or 4 tanks behind. use ur 'x' (lock down) on any colossus.

Once you are halfway through destroying his base, if you have a lot of units there still focus on locking and storming his units to continue the push, otherwise if you are about to get pushed back save up and repeat the starting process.

Also in terms of jeweling you need big bursts of energy when you are starting your push. trickling in units wont work. Over all its fine to have less energy in the game than comp, (i had about 10% less) because you can outplay it with strategy, but you must have massive streaks on your pushes to overwhelm it.
After months of trying to beat this one on and off, I finally did it today!

I found ultras got me the furthest when getting two at the start and trying to keep them healed. One time I got to two slivers of life on his base when a huge burst came out and eventually killed me.

I was just about to go to bed after some 1v1 and 2v2, but I thought let's give it one more go. I got a very lucky jewel streak - right when I got to almost 1000, and making two ultras, I got one of those chains going, which meant I actually made 3 ultras almost together. The board still looked good and I was able to heal up all three of them right up to the temple. They cleared the entire mission in 2:34!! By that time there was a horde of marines closely following.

I was on 4470 energy and the AI was on 5280. The one cannon was actually still on yellow health when the temple fell.

Man, am I glad I got this and don't have to keep at it anymore ;)
I got this today, but I cheated though. The moment I connect 3 jewels I pause the game and look what can I connect next. I did this and created 3 ultras and healed them all the way through while pausing to see what can I connect next. :D

I hope this helps :D
I did this about last week, luckily it was my first try in a few years. Mass ghosts pretty much counter every unit in the game save for colossus, since the snipe ability is just overpowered. 45 damage to any biological unit can take out even ultralisks.
In the event that you lose momentum to immortals or colossus push, you just counter with some air, then save for ghosts again.
Ghosts are pretty much the best unit in the game vs AI since they can't 1 shot storm them
Try hydra-colossus or mutalisk-colossus after countering first wave
Yeaa!! I made it! :D
I think the better choice is to use Ultralisks with healing and ghosts!
25/08/2014 00:03Posted by Muta
I got this today, but I cheated though. The moment I connect 3 jewels I pause the game and look what can I connect next. I did this and created 3 ultras and healed them all the way through while pausing to see what can I connect next. :D

I hope this helps :D

This is actually the answer, even pausing for perfect jewelling basically still is bit difficult to beat the ai, you should be able to be ahead by about 5-15% energy with the pause method and then you have to be VERY thoughtful about your counters and then bring out the counter to what counters your current frontline, so usually its 2 ultralisks, then 2 or 4 ghosts depending what you can afford, and then healing. If you can afford it you can try a siege tank but always try and keep 250 energy for the heal, if you get pushed back and the enemy is clumping a bit and can afford a storm that is good too. if the enemy tries a mass zealot for your ultras, put out a collosus if you have enough for a heal after too just in case because keeping the ultras alive is most important.