"There is no way to disable unit skins."

Multiplayer Discussion
There is no way to disable unit skins. If your opponent is using special unit skins, such as funky overlords, zerglings with extra wings, special supply depots, etc., you will always see them on your client.

Is this information correct?
At present yes.

On an interesting side note, your name is pretty awesome :)
Thanks, that's really helpful!

I'll hold off on buying HotS then, until they decide to do something about that.
Wait, so you are not going to buy HotS because some people want to have the cool other units available? They do nothing at all for the game.
Wait, so you are not going to buy HotS because some people want to have the cool other units available? They do nothing at all for the game.

Yes, that is correct.
16/04/2013 08:34Posted by Cesspool
Wait, so you are not going to buy HotS because some people want to have the cool other units available?

They aren't other units though. They are different skins that are banned in some tournaments for very good reasons.
Myself and many other master level players are all complaining about how difficult it is to count lingbane numbers because the wings of the raptorling skin makes it very hard to count lings, and also hide banelings in some cases depending on the camera angle.
It's stupid to have a skin which makes the game more difficult just because your opponent got to level 30 and decided to put a skin on.
This information is correct - and no one would ever be capable to disable them.

It is 100% sure.
16/04/2013 23:00Posted by Deathstroke
This information is correct - and no one would ever be capable to disable them.

It is 100% sure.

Make a checkbox if you want to allow skins or not. Players with the same choice should be paired.

- I can't believe skins has been going on for more than 5 years now. Imagine chess with fancy chess pieces, or Brood War with skins......