Let's talk keyboards!

Multiplayer Discussion
Hello there ladies and gentlemen,

Lately, I've been thinking about buying a new keyboard because I'm in desperate need of one.
My old one is.. let's just say, old..

I'm going to buy a razer one, just because I like the brand and because I like their products.
After being at gamescom and testing all of those games with razer keyboard I fell in love with both the Deathstalker and the Blackwidow keyboards.

I'm wondering what you guys think is the best keyboard to play strategy games with. I heard that people like mechanical keyboards a lot. But on the other hand I like the look of the Deathstalker more.

I would like to know your opinion about it. And for those who know, how easy is it to remove the keys from the Deathstalker and/or Blackwidow to clean it?
Do they break easily?

Thanks in advance guys!
Kind regards, Insannik.
i got a steelseries 6gv2 and it got black cherry mx switch!
Cherry mx swtich is used aswell at the Razer blackwidow as i know ( blue once though)
since its the same system it should be same easy to remove the keycaps.

why going for razer? hmm its opinion based. i want to change from my steelseries 6gv2 black to a zowie celeritas with red cherry mx switch or i might give a try to the blue switches for the black i just need to use so much power, getting tired easy, idk what the progamer use. but i have to say that the 6gv2 is a pretty good keyboard although its pretty high (distance from where you rest ur hands to the keys might give people pain in the ankle.

i apologize for my bad english since its not my native language, and hope you can still understand the information i wanted to provide you based on my opinion and experience.

you better take a look on the layout of the keyboard ( how far are the keys from each other (can i easily press them) etc but never take a keyboard because it looks cool cause of lighting n !@#$.

razer blackwidow and blackwidow ultimate difference is just LED! nothing else and thats like 30 euro more?... never worth it
If you will have keyboard only for gaming i would recomend you keyboard without numerical block. That way, the keyboard is shorter so you have your hands closer together, which is more natural.

But i wouldn't recommend Razer keyboards. The make very good mice (Deathadder <3), and other stuff, but in keyboards they really suck IMO. I have very good experience with Ducky keyboards, but they pruducts are reather hard to get in Europe, and are quite expansive. Quite good keyboards are also Cooler Master keybords.
I have bought yesterday:

CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate (brown)

I would recomend any Quickfire keyboard (TK, Ultimate, Rapid) on switches you prefer.
I do not like to hear clicky sound so i chosed brown over blue,
Get on my !@#$ing level kids; https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=540

Stay hard
THE best all rounder is Gigabyte Osium Anti-Ghosting Multi-Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
But i also brought the razer ultimate edition because i wanted mx cherry blue keys.

The only problem with mechanical keyboards I tend to find is that they don't supply a stepped caps lock key!!
I have bought yesterday:

CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate (brown)

I would recomend any Quickfire keyboard (TK, Ultimate, Rapid) on switches you prefer.
I do not like to hear clicky sound so i chosed brown over blue,

Got the CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate (brown) aswell, really love that keyboard
Ducky shine are very good mech keyboards.
07/12/2013 16:07Posted by Insannik
I'm wondering what you guys think is the best keyboard to play strategy games with.

*THUNDERSTORMS AND DUBSTEPPPBBPB*

Razer, CMstorm, Deathstalker... BAH I SAY! All inferior products just not worthy to THE ULTIMATE GAMER!!!

Why not buy the real DEAL designed by the best HARDCORE gamers out there?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR4SPXG147Q

PURE mechanical! AWESOME response! EASY to use! BEST in test! Class S!!! Money well spent.

(It only work for protoss though)
Same, CM storm quickfire pro. Can't complain. I guess you can get it keypadless, depending on what else you use the keyboard for.

I've had razer keyboards..but honestly, they were quite buggy so for me personally I won't be going razer again. I have a razer mouse however and it's performed flawlessly for nearly 2 years now.
Also have the 6gv2. It's a really good keyboard, although people seem to agree that the cherry black keys are somewhat not suited to starcraft. I find it perfect though. It's built like a tank, and can take a beating, after a PvZ ;)