remove this swarm host

Multiplayer Discussion
I mean why do you even brought this nonesene to the game.

You are wining a game and then in a !@#$ing small map you can't even use your mobility to kill zerg static defense

they already have bull%^-* static defense

enough man/

leave this game if yiu can't balance.
thıs game ıs bull !@#$ ever
Dude, you keep creating these topics over and over. Just give up already, if you don't like it so much. Didn't you leave 4 times already?
Also there isn't much care for eu forums. I still wonder why there is even different forums for eu and us when it's basicly same what it comes to discussion. Only that nobody really cares what happens here.
You can just play WoL, if you don't like HotS.

Go to Options > Gameplay, you should find a setting there which can turn it back to WoL level.

Which i found more balanced and some of the changes HotS introduced aren't that good.

Widow Mines > Can be OP in huge numbers
Toss having even more air units > Great, that's what we need in team games.. even more toss air.

Swarmhost.. it's kinda meh.. it's a very expensive unit only useful if the enemy doesn't seems to be able to find the host. (hint: use detection)
isnt swarmhost 1 of the only answer beside mutalisk to really threaten a turtle toss? beside several hydra all ins?
Swarm host is a boring unit that makes for boring siege games. It should be changed some way. Mutas is not boring, just OP :)
I don't like swarm host they need to be removed. Give hydra more hp instead
No i want that swarm host to be removed.
15/12/2013 19:37Posted by separhim
No i want that swarm host to be removed.

I must say I kind of agree with this. I don't really see a gap in the Z army that needed to be filled with that unit. I also don't see why they had to introduce widow mines either. Sure new units create new possibilities, but damn, what is so exciting about watching 2/3 of your lings get one-shot in an instance. Also SH can be really OP in certain scenarios. And Tempest? Wasn't the idea behind it to deal with mutas? Instead they made it a siege artillery, as if Toss didn't have enough viable options already.

I honestly think they are just trolling us big time here. If only they listened to what the people who actually play the game told them.
16/12/2013 07:00Posted by Martines
And Tempest? Wasn't the idea behind it to deal with mutas? Instead they made it a siege artillery, as if Toss didn't have enough viable options already.

Phoenix were buffed with the range upgrade in WoL and got one additional base range in HotS, and maybe they thought it would be too good against vikings I don't know.
SH is very much needed vs toss and not gonna go away, dont get your hopes up.

toss is slowest in metagames adjustements, simply because of the mindset of most toss players; which is hang back undisturbed and then try and force your will on others.

well, you better factor in the existance of SH in the future, its not rocket science howto beat them....probably inconvienent though for the average toss play style; sorry bout that
17/12/2013 10:13Posted by lemming
SH is very much needed vs toss and not gonna go away, dont get your hopes up.

Althought I don't think it is needed, since most pro matches are decided nowadays before the swarm host could do things, I think it's just an extremely boring unit, spoken in game design.
17/12/2013 12:23Posted by separhim
Althought I don't think it is needed, since most pro matches are decided nowadays before the swarm host could do things

watching goms gstl, i do see it quite a few times; though i cant argue the first part of your argument.
I think it's just an extremely boring unit, spoken in game design.

that is about taste and probably argueable on numerous levels, i wouldnt disagree on that. without the SH however, skytoss would be unbeatable though. its not the late game air that deals the finishing blow, but storms. without the ebb and flow of an SH battle, high templar would shred everything. in my personal opinion and experience only ofc :)

SH can be excellent at keeping templars at bay while at the same time being vulneable to them as well (flank/drops etc)
17/12/2013 17:49Posted by lemming
watching goms gstl, i do see it quite a few times; though i cant argue the first part of your argument.

A lot of matches now ends in all-ins generally hitting before swarm hosts or the swarm hosts number is too small to hold it.

that is about taste and probably argueable on numerous levels, i wouldnt disagree on that. without the SH however, skytoss would be unbeatable though. its not the late game air that deals the finishing blow, but storms. without the ebb and flow of an SH battle, high templar would shred everything. in my personal opinion and experience only ofc :)

SH can be excellent at keeping templars at bay while at the same time being vulneable to them as well (flank/drops etc)

They can hold skytoss of pretty handily, however it doesn't make the unit less boring and tend to make matches longer then necessary, mainly because the zerg has to wait for the protoss to make a move.