Demon Hunter

23 Feb Demon Hunter - Havoc in Legion 7.0.3 Welcome, To all new Demon Hunters! This Thread is purely related to Havoc speciliazation, Which is a melee dps Specialization. My intentions of this thread, is purely for all of you Demon Hunters, to take part, in the Demon Hunter Dps discussions, for the upcoming expansion. Many Thanks to all of the Beta Demon Hunter Testers, The people at Icyvein, and the people at other various of Demon Hunter sources :) Should you have more questions, you could Refer them to me, at my btag. Btag: Koukaiian#2509 ... 1.1 Stats Stat Weights Our current stat weights vary depending which final talent is selected. This means that you will likely have to run two sets of gear to be effective in all situations. If the choice is between two equal pieces the choice of the Fel Barrage piece will often be more beneficial, as pure single target encounters are far more rare than multi-target encounters. Chaos Blades ... Fel Barrage ... A more in-depth look at these weights can be found here. Please remember, your individual stat weights will vary. For optimal damage you will need to sim your own character. http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...t_weights.html Gems and Enchants These will vary depending on your stat distribution. Crit will, in general, be a strong choice but diminishes in value if your haste or versatility lag too far behind crit or each other. For best results you should sim your character before gemming or enchanting in-game, as always. Food will follow the same pattern. Havoc Demon Hunters will use the Flask of the Seventh Demon and Potion of Deadly Grace.Stalliona45 23 Feb
08 Apr 2017 Demon Hunter - Vengeance Guide (Reference Tool) THIS GUIDE WILL BE UPDATED FOR FUTURE PATCHES - THIS GUIDE IS CURRENTLY OPTIMIZED FOR PATCH 7.1 This is a Simple Guide with only the most basic information. I will not go in-depth in the guide it self, but write it so it can be used as a reference sheet. Press CTRL+F and find the info you need! This guide is an adaption of Munkkys guides and is based off the Wowhead guide, MMO-C guide, Icy-Veins and the Vengeance Discord Channel Discussions. INDEX: - Stat Priority - Potions and enchants - Talents - BIS Gear List - BIS trinket list - Legendaries - Relic priority - Misc - References Stat Priority: We have 3 different stat priorities: ... POTIONS: Unbending for Survivability Prolonged Power for Trash Old War for Bosses ENCHANTS: Mark of the Heavy Hide for neck survival Mark of the Satyr for neck dps Binding of Versatility For rings - Raiding Binding of Mastery for rings - M+ Binding of Agility for cloak TALENTS: Level 99: Agonizing Flames will be the best for AoE and can be for ST. Level 100: Feast of Souls for Single Target, Fallout for AoE Survival (primarily in dungeons), Burning Alive for higher level Mythic+ Dungeons Level 102: Felblade for Learning/"surv", Flame Crash for DPS Level 104: Soul Rending is the go to, Feed the Demon can be used for Smoother Damage Taken, requires Fallout to max the benefit, Fracture is for ST DPS only Level 106: Quickened Sigils for Easier CC, Sigil of Chains for higher level dungeons/when it fits your group (this is a preference row) Concentrated Sigils for max DPS unless you have the Legendary bracers Level 108: Fel Devastation for Burst DPS/Burst Healing, Spirit Bomb for Smoother Healing and can be better for DPS if you feed into it. Level 110: Last Resort is the go to, Nether Bond for situational raid utility, and good for M+ with Necrotic , Soul Barrier extremely situational talent, only for when you have constant non spiky damage, ideally from multiple sources. BIS Gear list BIS Gear isnt a "thing" since they added War/titan forged. A general rule of thumb is to focus on main stats, but if a item is +10 ilevels, its better regardless of stats. This does not always apply for rings and necks. BIS List PRE-RAID Use this list to optimize your bonus rolls.  Kraken Hide Helm - Helya - Maw of Souls  Strand of the Stars - Advisor Melandrus - Court of Stars  Steelgazer Hide Mantle - Dargrul - Neltharion's Lair  Mainsail Cloak - King Deepbeard - Eye of Azshara  Tranquil Bough Vest - Archdruid Glaidalis - Darkheart Thicket  Compact Trifold Wristbands - Millificent Manastorm - Violet Hold  Guileful Intruder Handguards Patrol - Captain Gerdo - Court of Stars  Taut Halyard Waistband - King Deepbeard - Eye of Azshara  Warden's Martial Greaves - Cordana Felsong - Vault of the Wardens  Tunnel Trudger Footguards - Ivanyr - The Arcway  Band of Crystalline Bone - Shivermaw - Violet Hold  Braided Silver Ring - King Deepbeard - Eye of Azshara BIS List Emerald Nightmare  Cowl of Fright - Emeriss  Cursed Beartooth Necklace - Ursoc  Otherworldy Leather Mantle - Il'gynoth  Gossamer-Spun Greatcloak - Elerethe Renferal  Scarred Ragefang Chestpiece - Ursoc  Wristwraps of Broken Trust - Elerethe Renferal  Dreamsculptor's Gloves - Il'gynoth  Lifeless Buckled Girdle - Nythendra  Repulsive Leathery Pants - Xavius  Stained Maggot Squishers - Nythendra  Dreadful Cyclopean Signet - Il'gynoth  Mindrend Band - Ysondre BIS List Trials of Valor  Cowl of Fright - Emeriss  Sea Fan Pendant - Guarm  Otherworldy Leather Mantle - Il'gynoth  Mantle of the Victorious Dead - Odyn  Helbeast Skin Tunic - Guarm  Sky-Valiant's Wristguards - Odyn  Gloves of Issued Challenge - Odyn  Strand of Whelk Shells - Guarm  Sucker-Scarred Leggings - Guarm  Moccasins of Silent Passage - Guarm  Dreadful Cyclopean Signet - Il'gynoth  Mindrend Band - Ysondre BIS Trinkets Trinkets varie a LOT based on the use, and the stats. We have a wide assortment of trinkets, each with a good specific niche. A-Tier Darkmoon Card: Immortality Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 601 (Will be nerfed in 7.1.5 - hotfixed dec. 6, change pending) Valor Medal of the First War (Will be nerfed in 7.1.5 - hotfixed dec. 6, change pending) B-Tier Bloodthirsty Instinct Unstable Arcanocrystal Shivermaw's Jawbone Majordomo's Dinner Bell C-Tier Grotesque Statuette (can be good with high ilevel on specific fights) Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (Is B-tier in fights with high uptime) Coagulated Nightwell Residue Writhing Heart of Darkness Infernal Alchemist Stone Impenetrable Nerubian Husk Legendaries Legendaries can be seperated into two groups; best for raiding, and best for dungeons. Below they are listed for each; ranked BEST to WORST (Best first) Legendaries BiS list for Raiding Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison Cloak of Fel Flames Kirel Narak The Defiler's Lost Vambraces Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Cinidaria, the Symbiote Sephuz's Secret Runemaster's Pauldrons Legendaries BiS list for Dungeons Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison Kirel Narak = The Defiler's Lost Vambraces Cloak of Fel Flames Sephuz's Secret Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Cinidaria, the Symbiote Runemaster's Pauldrons Relic priority For relics, higher ilevel is ALWAYS the best choice. Only use the below list for EQUAL ILEVEL RELICS. Below is listed BEST to WORST, BEST first. For DPS: Aura of Pain (Single Target and AoE) Honed Warblades (Single Target) Fiery Demise (Single Target Burst) For Survivability: Devour Souls Embrace the Pain Aldrachi Design Will of the Illidari MISC Like i wrote first, this guide should be used as a reference tool; a quick "look up" for the most needed info. I will keep the guide updated in future patches. This post is based on guides by, and approved by Munkky. PATCH 7.1.5 is expected in January, with some small nerfs and big buffs. We can expect our Meta to be much stronger, making Fueled by Pain and Meta stronger, giving us space to choose other talents. Also adjustments to health, armor, 10% less physical dmg taken on base, and 10% less physical dmg mitigated with spikes among the changes. Weak Auras: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1984610-Demon-Hunter-Weak-Auras-Thread Demonhunter Discord: The Fel Hammer: https://discord.gg/zGGkNGC Maradum: https://discord.gg/CtNnryx Laste resort vs. Soul barrier argument: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dySNnqz0dReQaLdNMd7rbRHaFAc0F-4ZC1xsZUdFZRM/edit Feel Free to ask any questions below, ill do my best to reply to them all ASAP References and usefull links: http://www.wowhead.com/vengeance-demon-hunter-guide http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2015447-Munkkys-Vengeance-Demon-Hunter-Guide http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2066274-Vengeance-FAQ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I-mZzYd6LgLmDbp7a3Qzvfsmh59U1IR_dhlpUyRk9cU/preview#heading=h.lwmlezsz87if http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/vengeance-demon-hunter-pve-tank-guide Smørholm35 08 Apr 2017
1h Deaths in the starting zone? What am I missing? I seem to be dying continuously! Can barley complete 1 quest without dying 2-3 times. As soon as I get aggro'd by more than 1 I might aswell stop trying. I only have a couple skills so it can't be the rotation. Any help appreciatedMolfinos1 1h
4h Havoc sustain destroyed in BfA, need advice It seems like I now have to choose between having sustain or DPS. I've basically followed the icy-veins guide, but it's not working for me (guide: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-easy-mode). Solo PvE isn't much of a problem, but as soon as it's more intense like a world quest boss, I no longer recover even a fraction of what I used to. Even during an invasion point (big one) I nearly died and was unable to regain health during metamorphosis. In Legion I relied a lot on Demonic Appetite, but as they've moved it together with Blind Fury, I have no clue what to pick... I enjoyed Legion DH a lot as casual player and I enjoyed being able to solo stuff if I managed to use the right skills, but this kind of killed it for me. How should I proceed with talents?Linaori0 4h
5h Updated tank Hello fellows tanks. Here we got our updated talents and skills. Mostly I do M+ keystones. So after testing a few builds i came to this decision. So far i found out 2 builds for M+ and here they are 1-2-1-2-3-2-1 and 1-2-1-2-3-3-3 At 1st build it's pretty much same build we used to play in Legion, BUT fracture was redesigned and it replaces shear and have 4 sec CD (depends on haste). It still possible to pick fracture in talents, but with my current stats I am haste hungry to use it. However we still can pick fracture after hitting the cap of haste. So currently I came to 2 ways of sorting haste hungry situation 1st feel the gap with throw glaive 2nd f*ck it, at 120 will see how it goes with haste XD 2nd build diff is last 2 talents. Soul barrier was redesigned also and now it is very funny and strong combination of Soul barrier + Fell devastation. We got a free absorb shield + frontal AOE heal/dps ability. about raiding i am confused right now but theory-craft is next: 1(3?) -1-2-2-1(2)-3-3 In general my opinion so far is - our stat priority will be changed for M+ keystones Haste-Crit/Mastery-vers Haste will be main stat for reducing CD on Spikes and other abilities like fracture, immolation aura and throw glaive. Crit still gives us parry. whats is nice. I do like our Legion crit situation. Mastery is waaay strong now after redesign. Vers - i dont see so far vers in M+ However it is still theory-craft. No ideas how it ll b on 120 cause of Azurite armor buffs and what choices we will get in there. Whats ur opinions and theory-crafts so far?Йудзи2 5h
8h Momentum didn't count Vengeful Retreat!! Why? i just noticed that Momentum is only count the 2 Fel Rush not vengeful retreat, we didn't take seriously on Fel Mastery (since it is on same tier with Trail of Ruin). What do you think guy? is it meh or WTF blizz why you doing this???!Mègazia1 8h
9h Chaos Theory Legos Effect Since blizz remove our Chaos Blade. can we still take advantage from it? we use a lot blade dance now (if you take first blood and trail of Ruin talent). P.S Chaos Theory legos effect is Blade dance has a 10% chance to grant you chaos blade for 6sec.Mègazia1 9h
9h Havoc Dh Bfa PvP Issues As a dh we lose base aoe stun skill and if you pick 1 target stun you cant have a slow/snare skill. Can you imagine melee char without snare. Bm can kite you all year lol. Also you gave master's call back to bm for extra snare cleanse while they overpowered mobile. We lose 2 charge of throw glaive we lose all ranged damage skills (fel barrage 8 yard range now, bloodlet gone, glaive throw dmg nerfed to the ground). Imprison cd nerfed 15 sec to 45 sec. I have no idea how we can catch and stay just for a while (im not expecting %100 stay time ofc but this is ...) on healer monk, healer druid, mage, any hunter or other mobile ranged class. Also our ranged interrupt nerfed to 10 yard range from 20 yard and mastery movement speed nerfed too, so we have only 2 charge of fel rush and most of time you have to burn 2 charge of it for catch ranged and without slow its tottaly meaningless. And last problem our 2 burst skill tottaly interruptable. Eye beam 2 sec channel, fel barrage 3 sec! channel now.(some 1 can say casters always has this problem but first im melee spec and second i have to cast fel barage from melee yard so i have zero chance to avoid pummel in my face) They have 30sec and 1 min cd, None of them slow or stun enemy and has longer cd then monk's fist of fury. And fof stuning enemies too. Do you think is this normal ??? Tl:dr havoc dh's dmg almost %100 melee now and we lose stun and snareSolidari13 9h
11h Rate the DH name above you! 1-10 should do a fine work! Let's start with meDathedr433 11h
13h DH PvP Streamers Hi Just returned after a 3 year break, albeit on a MacBook, but enjoying/maining my DH I was wondering if there's any high level DH PvP that stream or post YouTube content? Thanks!Felie1 13h
23h Rate The Transmog Above You II Last post reached it's limit.Xávius318 23h
1d DH WINGED FORM are we going to get wings for flight form in bfa blizzard? please...Demonjuice16 1d
1d Dark Slash Animation Well I'm a demon hunter, going truth the dammm demon hunter ritual to absope its power, to turn the fel as a weapon against my enemy. I can live with the fire as a vengeance, but purple!?!?!?! at lest give us a glyth to turn it to fel and/or Fire animation.Mudkíng0 1d
1d Vengeance DH Self-Sustain Query Hi all, I am currently deciding a main for BFA, on a toss up between DK and DH, I was wondering what the self sustain is like on DH, i've not actually tanked mythics on this guy before so just wondering from people who have experience please be aware this is NOT a "help me choose my class" thread, cheers all!Valfur2 1d
1d Demon Hunter flight form - why not? First of all, this is merely a suggestion for something down the line that I feel would be appropriate for the class to have. Just for kicks, to entertain the idea of it. Demon Hunters have big 'ol wings on their back as we all know, yet they can't be used for flight which seems like a missed opportunity to me. There is even a PvP talent that allows you to switch into Demon Form and fly about for a while. So how about a skill (through a quest perhaps) which, at the push of a button (cast-time would be fine if unbalanced for whatever reason, but instant would be preferable) shoots the Demon Hunter up in the air (imagine an upwards Fel Rush), leaving a patch of fel fire in their wake, activates Demon Form (could be glyphed to retain elf form?) and allows them to fly around as though mounted. Can only be used outdoors etc. Obviously this wouldn't be a priority seeing as how the class still has some issues to address (Fel Rush disconnect, anyone?) but the class mounts are coming up and I was frankly surprised they didn't go this route with the Demon Hunter one. Thoughts?Sethira9 1d
2d Throw Glaive animation I think it's kind of weird that Throw Glaive doesn't use your equipped appearance, but the warglaive of azzinoth model instead. The only exception to this rule is if you have deathwalker or the vengeance hidden skin equipped, in which case that model is used. I really wish Blizzard would fix this, and make Throw Glaive throw whatever model you have equipped. Heck, I'd be OK if it showed your equipped model even if you have a sword/axe/dagger transmog.Inanis2 2d
2d DH and Warmode is scary For someone who is 80% occupied with PvP, I can honestly say that I know what I'm doing in PvP. Having said that, I am quite worried about Warmode.... Despite the fact that we have our moments of success, DH is not exactly a strong 1v1 class. We are leather wearers and actually quite squichy. So I think classes like rogues, paladins, locks and many other will rape us in a 1v1 moment. We are fast and will be able to run if needed, but who likes running right? Locks have crazy heals, paladins have bubble + crazy heals + lay on hands, rogues have crazy dps ( expect many rogue groups with 2 or more ), and so on ... What you guys think?Satÿr13 2d
3d Our weapons in BFA So I was looking at the loot table for Uldir and noticed only the second boss drops 1 warglaive. Are we going to be equipping swords/axes now if we can't get warglaives or decent weapons? I feel like DHs should only equip warglaives as it's so iconic for the class. What do you think?Bladepro1 3d
3d Moggin Havoc Gaives on Vengeance? Anybody knows if we will have the option to mog havoc artifact skins onto vengeance spec in BFA?Slythzer4 3d
5d What do you think about BFA DH? I think as most of DH players do, removal of traits and legendaries is going to make this class feel boring and empty playing it. I came back to wow after a long time and I fell in love with it again with DH. I hope they wont make it more boring and empty. Also I find the nerf to the damage for DH is way more than the other specs got...Eotrix4 5d
6d Macro for casting sigil underneath me Hi, I know there is a talent for it, but i dont want to waste that because sigil of chains is too good not to choose. I' m looking for a macro that autocasts the selected sigil underneath me. I cant seem to find anything on the internet. Can anyone help me?Dimihunter7 6d
6d nova is a 4 sec stun tried in beta on pvp realm not sure about pve yet maybe to put it in line with monk stun from 3 to 5 feels good to have 2 good stuns in pvp and now maybe u take slow too if u need it only pvp still 2sec stun in pveVooker0 6d
11 Jul Auto Glide Is there a way to disable Glide from space bar? It really annoys me, I''d prefer to have it on different keybind. Not that I don't have free binds on DH ;PZbir13 11 Jul
10 Jul Demon Hunter - AoE Cleave Fun Spec Hi guys. I just wanted to share a fun build i've been having fun with in Mythic+. I only have 940 ilvl but i would love to see a pro using this build and see the results! I can only do around 1 200 000 DPS with my gear (in Mythic + AoE heavy environments such as Eye of Azshara or Darkheart Thicket) The Build Legendaries: Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers: Throw Glaive deals 25% increased damage for each enemy hit. and Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice: Fel Rush deals 10% increased damage for each target hit. Talents https://i.imgur.com/nFTm62l.png Playstyle Basically you want to use Fel Rush, which gives you momentum buff to use Throw Glaive or Fel Barrage. Prioritize Fel Rush when there are a lot of enemies. The combo when there are a lot of enemies is: Fel Rush > Throw Glaive (x2) > Fel Rush > Fel Barrage > Blade Dance > Fury of The Illidary > Eye Beam (all AoE damage) Wait for when you have 2 stacks of Throw Glaive to use Fel Rush > Throw Glaive (x2) My results with 940 item level in Eye of Azshara https://i.imgur.com/rQHGVpc.png I just wanted to share this play style. Is not optimal but is really funny seeing Fel Rush doing the most damage :D If possible, could a pro player with great item level show the full potential of this build and post Damage Meter? I know im asking for too much... But my "Roleplaying self" feels like a kid again :DShadowpunk3 10 Jul
10 Jul VDH Soul Fragment spawn time? Hey guys. I've been playing some on my VDH in legion to test the spec. The only thing I can really complain about (imho) is the delayed spawntime for Soul Fragments. On live If I have 3 fragments out and use Fracture I will get 1 frag instantly (as show on UI), and the 2nd one with a second delay. What happens if I use Fracture -> Spirit Bomb instanly is that I will get a 4 frag bomb off and then gain my fifth frag after the bomb. I'm fairly sure you all know what I'm talking about. HOWEVER. On the beta no matter how much I test I always get off a 5 frag bomb after pressing Fracture. Is this fixed? Is it because the beta realms are laggy? (im in EU, 180ms on beta servers). I've tried to google my way to a patchnote where they say that they've reduced the spawn delay considerably. But I have found nothing. Is the only thing keeping me from playing VDH fixed? Or are the beta servers lying to me?Biqbox2 10 Jul
08 Jul Hidden artifact appearance (question) Good evening fellas, I'v already gotten the hidden appearance on my DH about more than a year ago, and all the other tint/colors are unlocked but now i noticed that when switch tank spec i can pick any colors off of it besides the basic tint, which is the starter one(green one). Any idea why the first one is locked or how to fix this ? I appreciate your help with this. :) ! MoeMôe3 08 Jul
08 Jul Nerf DH in air combat (Sentinel's eternal refuge) This is insane, whenever the expansion released this dumb feature never got removed.This is the problem in particular - sentinel's eternal refuge whisp form -> throw the glaives and hit once or twice -> fall down and by the time they fall they drop into the whisp form again and repeat.How is this still allowed?There is no chance for any class to beat this in any way.The dude was probably a few item levels above me which didn't matter and he kept flying up and down and throwing glaives left and right, and by the time I landed on the ground to actually have a chance to fight him I was at 30% hp.Isn't there a chance for Blizzard to disable mid air combat for a class that can't die from falling (glide)?The leggo feet make it easier but they can still mount up down there and fly up, throw the glaive and you end up bleeding to death at some point so they are in advantage in every way possible.There's no way I'm the only one who encountered this.6 08 Jul
07 Jul How to make a DH? What is required to make DH except the expansion?Khalediv4 07 Jul
07 Jul DH in BfA Hello people, I'm here for advice. I've been maining DH for about half of this expansion and gotta say I really love it, mostly for double jump/glide, mobility and fast-paced gameplay. However, there are some issues I have that make question if I should stick with the DH after Legion. I am mostly semi-casual player now and I like to play with a class that fits the theme, is lore-friendly and can be utillized in many ways. I'm thinking about swtching to monk or warrior for BfA. Well Warrior because he always fits everything, its is default WoW character, it will always look good and be very playable in Zandalar, its just never a bad choice. Monk well, they are similar to DHs in many ways (mobility, meele dps) but I always liked the idea of being able to heal and maybe some day switch to healer, and monks give me that option. Im a little noob rn, I'm not really up-to-date with WoW stuff (im a player since TBC, but I've grown up during this time and now real life is dominating WoW so I'm rather casual - treat me as a noob). I just wonder if you could tell me something about DHs and maybe give me some advice? Thanks in advance!Sobieskiy0 07 Jul
07 Jul Dc on dash and BFA (WOW51900319) Hello fellow DH, Since the begining of Legion, I sometimes got disconnect when dashing/double jumping (have to say it's more often on bg/arena but it can happen in mm+/raid aswell). code error : WOW51900319 First of all I would like to know if I'm the only one to get thoses or is it something you guys experience sometimes too ? And secondly, for BFA betatesters, have you experience it on the beta ?Yipah1 07 Jul
06 Jul Momentum stacks on beta lol amazing 10 sec momentum lololol.Glaivedancer1 06 Jul
04 Jul My Demon Hunter died to Boredom Hello, I have been playing my Demon Hunter since Legion pre-expansion patch, I have enjoyed it for a year and a half, I was proud to top DPS charts of my guild on many occasions, I was always sought after for high Level Mythic + and I got my +15 artefact skin really early, I didn't care about the only single viable talents choice at the begining, I didn't care about being forced to chose a talent that I hated because of a set bonus, I didn't care about fel rush disconnecting me on a boss fight, or eye beam failing to do its full damage ... at the early months. One day I went back to my holy paladin, I picked up some talents and went to Tomb of Sargeras, it was fun, a week later, I picked different talents, it was still fun, days later my guild asked me to go Retribution, it was even more fun ! It was the day I looted the Vision of Aman'Thul that got me really mad, I alt-f4 right after the legendary popped up, I hated myself, it was the first time I killed Argus the Unmaked with my paladin. As if it was a sign to go and play my paladin more ... My paladin was created 11 years ago. Don't get me wrong I don't hate my Demon hunter, I only think I need a third spec, so I can switch to when the other spec is not enough. <3Möè17 04 Jul
04 Jul Havoc Stat Prio BfA I can‘t find anything about it. Has anyone of you testet?Alexisren4 04 Jul
03 Jul Where do we fit in after Legion? I am big on lore and love the whole RPG style of WoW. So I am curious, after the Legion has been vanquished and Ilidan no longer with us, where do we fit into the story? This has always been my issue with 'hero classes.' How do they assimilate? I'd like to hear your take on it.Lorsellius16 03 Jul
02 Jul Havoc Mage Tower I'm a bit late to the demon hunter party, is it possible to do the havoc demon hunter mage tower in these few lockouts that we have left with the gear I currently have? I don't have time to grind anymore, but I could find time for a bit of mage tower when it's up. So basically, what is the level of difficulty for the demon hunter? I tried it only couple of times, managed to pass the teleport phase once or twice with a bit worse gear than I currently have (which is not perfect but better). I would enchant it of course, and buy consumables, what are the preferred buffs?Alphesto22 02 Jul
01 Jul DH 2s build in 3s I’ve been running fel barrage but switched to demonic for 2s for the greater pressure. However it means I don’t get the burst of fel barrage or chaos blades. My healer often runs out of mana before I can get a kill and he tells me it is because healing burst damage is more mana intensive than pressure damage (I don’t heal so I take what he says as read). Healer is a priest btw. Should I be sticking with demonic or trying a more burst orientated build? I don’t think my healer would survive long enough to utilise chaos blades/nemesis. Also with demonic should I be taking demonic appetite? Thanks in advanceAllíum0 01 Jul
30 Jun DH TANK, need advice and tips I need someone to take a look and advice me on use of spells and rotations for more dps. Anything i use wrong or forget to use? im new as DH-tank and i want someone that knows the class to correct my wrongs :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlI2uAXdZA&t=214sElarenna5 30 Jun
30 Jun Demon Hunters kinda suck as a class concept Now I'm not saying that Demon Hunters aren't cool, because they are! I mean who doesn't want to play as their own version of rule 63 Illidan? I do, as you can see. But that's exactly where the problem lies. Demon Hunters aren't really a class, the way the original 9 (and to some extend the other 2) classes are, they're pretty much just Illidan impersonators. When you create a Warrior, you don't just make a reskin of Garrosh or Varian, even though you could, if you wanted. But Warriors can be a million different things. A knight, a blademaster, a barbarian, a warden, even a spell-breaker if you want, your imagination is the limit. Same goes for Hunters and Rogues, those are such basic and flexible archetypes you can do almost anything with them. Priests and Paladins are different classes entirely, depending on what race you play. Not to mention some classes can change their whole identity just by respecing, shadow/holy Priest would be the best example. Druids are getting a similiar treatment with Kul Tiran and Zandalari druids, which are independent of the mainstream druids who follow Cenarius, there's variety, and so Druid characters don't feel like you just play a Malfurion ripoff. Not All Mages are Khadgar, not all Shamans are Thrall, and so on. Monks are a litte worse, but that's because Blizz decided all monks have to be Pandarian monks. But you can still RP outside of that, as there are monks and brewmasters outside of Pandaria. And even though DKs are all former Arthas' servants, they still come from different backgrounds, and have little in common besides the use of necromancy (and having glowing eyes, i guess). Unless you make a male pandaren monk with a straw hat, or male human DK with long white hair, DKs and monk characters have their own personal identity, and don't feel like Chen/Arthas cosplay clubs. But Demon Hunters are literally just Illidan. There is nothing more to the class. You can't even pretend you're anything else, because as a DH, your backstory is predetermined. You are Illidan's student from Black Temple, and you were molded to look like him, and trained to fight like he does. There is nothing beyond that. The most you can do to differentiate yourself from him, is by playing a BE female, but you're still an Elf with warglaives and messed up eyes, that grows wings and horns. And There are only 2 specs within the class, one of which exists more because of game mechanics, than for flavour/lore reasons. That just further proves how little there is to the premise of a Demon Hunter. I mean heck, you are called a Demon Hunter. DEMON Hunter. You were trained to hunt demons, you hunt demons. That's all that defines your character, that's all you are. And sure, it's a cool concept, but the problem is, the class makes little sense outside of the context of the expansion it was introduced in, which of course, was demon themed. How is the class going to function in the future expansions, where the Legion, and by extension all demons, no longer exist, or at least aren't a serious threat anymore? Imagine if Cataclysm introduced a class "Dragon Hunter", or "Zombie Slayer" in WotLK. Sounds cool, but that's not enough to create a class around. Dragons and Undeads haven't been a threat for a long time now. The problem here is, that Demon Hunters, as a faction, aren't defined by who they are but who they are fighting against. Paladins are serving the Light, their job is to protect the Light. So whoever threatens it, be it orcs, undeads, demons, or just common bandits, it makes sense for the Paladins to deal with. Not for specialists like the Demon Hunters, who may be out of job very soon. Heck, even their leader retired after the Legion was dealt with. Demon Hunters are proffesional Dodo hunters in a world where Dodos are extinct. I hope i made my point by now, moving on, let's talk about some solutions. Well the first idea I've had, way before Legion, was not to introduce Demon Hunters in the first place, but instead give us a more 'broad' class, that would include the concept of a demon hunter, but wasn't limited to just that. Maybe a mix of Demon Hunters, Shadow Hunters, Wardens and even Spell-breakers, they all use glaives, but have vastly different themes. Maybe even too different to create a unified class, but remember that both Blood Knights and Sunwalkers are technically Paladins, and they got noting to do with eachother. Of course it's too late for that, Demon Hunter is a Class and that isn't changing. They were too iconic not to implement, and some mishmashed glaive-wielder wouldn't be a satisfying replacement. They could also reopen the Black Temple academy and let all races be a Demon Hunter. Then at least being Illidan lookalike won't be your only choice when rolling a DH. They could start at level 55 or 65 (so it makes sense for them to be in outland) and have a different starting scenario than what we currently have. This would be ideal if you ask me, anything to expand the class beyond just Illidan, but it would require quite a bit of effort. As every race would need their own set of DH skins and customizations (tatoos, horns, eyebands) + metamorphosis forms. It's just too much work, if they haven't done that when the class was relevant, they never will. I mean, what's the point of training more Demon Hunters when the legion is already defeated? (that goes back to DH being a weak class concept). So we can forget that. So what can be done realistically? Nothing, Demon Hunter just isn't as strong class concept as the other ones. It was fine for a single WC3 Hero with 4 abilities, but it's too little for a fully fleshed out WoW class. Maybe not even because DH is a bad class idea on it's own, but because the others are so good, and it just doesn't live up to them. Unless Blizz is fine with heavily altering the class - which i doubt, the only thing they can do is to make Demon Hunter's lack of variety stand out a little less... How? By adding more classes like this. Embrace the idea of "micro-classes", and follow up Demon Hunters with Necromancers, Dragon Knights, Shadow Hunters, Spell-Breakers, heck, maybe make Sunwalkers a proper class. Anything that would otherwise make people say "But class X already does something similiar", because what is a Demon Hunter if not a mix between Warlock and Rogue? If we are getting flooded with Allied Races that are heavily based on already existing races, why not do the same with classes? Tl;dr Demon Hunters aren't a strong enough archetype to be a class on it's own. They are one trick dogs who have no identity of their own, outside of what was already defined by Illidan. And nothing can be done to fix that at this point, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal if we got more one-note classes like that. So I guess what i'm saying is, give us "Allied Classes"?Deande7 30 Jun
27 Jun This made me mad Not an attack on DH's. It's not your fault. But you honestly cannot refute what was said below as being some ridiculous changes. Posted from Arena section. I thought it fit better here. I am not an only arena player. I have cleared full mythic prior to the nerfs and I do PvP on ocassion only currently 2200 in 3s. This is both a PvE and a PvP related topic. It all started with this long drawn out quote from a player I met on the Beta, please excuse his language. It goes into talk about PvE and PvP, it's a long quote but bare with me: "I am so sick and tired of things like this man: Warlock has unique and cool meta during WOD. Said ability is taken and given to the new class. Alright, I can understand that, they make a lame excuse like "it fits DH better" or "2 classes can't have meta and since it fits DH better they should have it." All honesty, that is bull!@#$ to me not just for Lore and the fact warlocks have had it before but ok. They know this is bull%^-* but w/e we'll let it slide... I continue throughout my day chill, playing DK/Ele/Warlock and my Warrior on the beta. Then all of a sudden the bomb drops. I try to tank a dungeon.(PvE omegalul) And the most bull!@#$ thing that should solidify how dumb some of these talent row ability placements are. I'll give you an example from Blood: You can't pick Purgatory. Like ever. The unique Blood only ability. You can never pick it. But then what is the funniest thing ever happends man, DH has purgatory but an improved version of it. And I checked their last row. They literally always pick it. ALWAYS. And it is an improved version from the DK one. It heals you to 30 or 40% instantly instead of having to outheal the purgatory. LMAO. Not to mention the Purge which was taken from DK and given to DH. Like what? They are literally a turbo speed class that has a Purge to remove your BOP or w/e on top of playing BELF (arcane torrent is a purge now) and you cannot get away???" When I read that, I literally wanted to scream. Let's break it down like this: They homogenize the classes more and more and instead of fixing this, this is what they do. So ultimately this is what DH has in BFA: Please do correct me if I am wrong, but as it stands: DH tank has purgatory (improved version). Both specs are faster than rogues, they have multiple raid utilities through their toolkit including darkness and an incap. (Remember bridge fight in Argus aka. Immonar) on mythic. They are good at surviving and they have leech. Like what? On a sidenote I posted on my DK because it had something to do with the topic. I play my warrior more than my DK. But my DK is technically more progressed so I figured it's my "main" or w/e.Artíficial2 27 Jun
25 Jun DH invisible fist weapons Could there be a way to make demon hunters transmog fist weapons to be invisible and actually use their "claws" as weapons? i think it would be a good fresh change.Dimonjuice8 25 Jun
16 Jun Demon Hunter DPS Hey all. So I started using simcraft to max out my DPS with my DH, but I am a little bit confused. So I got a much higher ilvl legs, my current one is 895 the new one is 935. Simcrafted pawn says I should swap them, simcraft theoretical DPS says I should swap them because it shows more DPS, yet in real life testing on a training dummy, I get more DPS when I am using the 895 ilvl legs. So how is this possible?Allaran5 16 Jun
13 Jun Talent change (blind fury) Eye Beam generates "35" 40 Fury every sec. and its duration is increased by 50%. Havoc Demon Hunter - Level 99 Talent. So more overcapping? Or are they gonna change max fury?Bumroo1 13 Jun
10 Jun Making dh my new main,couple of questions. hey there fellow wow players. im really liking my dh,melee wise i always liked fast paced type of classes but my ret pala feels to slow and i could never get used to playing a rogue...just didnt feel right. but oh man dh is so much fun,definitely he is my new main :) couple of questions thou: -havent leveled my tanking artifact since im playing havoc but just in case should i just unlock the traits? i dont plan in tanking but maybe one day i will give it a try. -the whole purple orb mechanic is the only thing im not to fond about,havoc's dont have any way of getting them automatically right? and if we dont are there any plans in bfa for changing that mechanic? -guilty pleasure: anyone else uses Vengeful Retreat as a means of fast travel? i mean for me i always end up using dash then turning around and perform a backwards flip with Vengeful Retreat. i always use this whenever im indoors and i cant use my mount hehe. -is dh supposed to be this spiky? not a complaint but sometimes dmg seems beh and then others its like wam bam thank you maam type of thing ;) so i was just wondering if this was just me or if the class is like that? that's about it,thanks in advance folks. cheersPinhead5 10 Jun
10 Jun Am I really the only one who is worried ... Am I really the only one who is worried about the future of DH's especially in BfA ? - Demonic form being nerved big time -reduced life leech by a !@#$ lot & super long cooldown - Having to choose between slow or stun, where the obvious answer is that in PvP you need the slow - Loosing a lot of other tools also, plenty more to go around Anyone who plays alpha can confirm they are in a good state both PvE as in PvP, from what i've seen till now PvE is okeish but PvP is bad.Ayurox13 10 Jun
09 Jun Havoc DH changes in BfA I see that some people said DH is in a good spot in BfA, but when I checked the changes in wowhead I can't really... agree? So leech is reduced in Soul Rending's metamorphosis to a whooping 20% from previously being 70%. Wow. Nemesis being on the GCD Chaos Blades removed from the game... which gave you 30% damage increase for 18 seconds and 150% increased damage on auto attack with chaos damage. Momentum nerfed. Changed from 20% damage increase for 4 seconds after using fel rush and 20% for 4 seconds after using vengeful retreat (for a total of 40% for 4 seconds) to a whooping 15% for 6 seconds with fel rush and 100 fury for vengeful retreat. Demonic Appetite nerfed from 35 to 30 fury per soul fragment Chaos Nova doesn't stun anymore, but instead disorientates???? Thanks. We had a lot of stuns being a Demon Hunter, so please remove one of the few ones we had. Now you have to pick a talent (Fel Eruption) to actually get a proper stun. Thanks, blizz! The artifact ability being removed is a huge negative for us as well. More than other classes since DH has been dependent on that ability since the very start. The only 2 good things I see in these changes are: Fel Mastery that increases your fel rush damage by 100% and the new talent Dark Slash. Nothing else.Ðiáblø22 09 Jun
09 Jun DH Population Hi all, So with DKs, they quickly rose to be the most popular class in the game and still hold that to this day. I was expecting DHs to go the same way, but according to the wow Pop websites I've looked at, it seems as though they are underplayed! Any idea on why?Traegar12 09 Jun
08 Jun Number of DHs at 110 Hello, I was wondering about starting to play DH but I don't like playing a class that everyone rolls, therefore I'm asking if there are a lot of DHs you guys see in endgame pvp and pve. I know that according to RealmPop its the most represented class at 110, but do people play it or they went back to their original classses? ThanksSengó27 08 Jun
08 Jun dh without blindfold is there a way i can remove my blindfold and just have normal eyes without the glow effect i saw couple of guys like thatAurelious6 08 Jun
07 Jun Other Demon Hunter Races? Hi! Im wondering if any of the new races will have the Demon Hunter class? I know the demon hunters story only resolves around night elves and blood elves, but i find this class so repelling. Ive never found a class that ive liked this much, so to see other races with it too would be awesome! Are there no other races that might be connected to elves in some way, or make it playable for nightborne and void elves? I hope atleast one more race would be able to play this ^_^ Seems odd to have only two out of so many races that can play this one class ^_^ <3 <3 <3Mechnoìa10 07 Jun
05 Jun Dh Pvp Help for newbi Hello Guys, Im new with dh pvp can u help me with some advice or give me some good guide. Im knda noob with dh yet. How i use skills proberly . When i should use dash and vt. , when use aoe skills like eye beam etc. I have only a small clue how it should work . So i need every help i got. Thanks You Guys For Helping Me!Necrodin2 05 Jun