Demon Hunter

08 Apr Demon Hunter - Vengeance Guide (Reference Tool) THIS GUIDE WILL BE UPDATED FOR FUTURE PATCHES - THIS GUIDE IS CURRENTLY OPTIMIZED FOR PATCH 7.1 This is a Simple Guide with only the most basic information. I will not go in-depth in the guide it self, but write it so it can be used as a reference sheet. Press CTRL+F and find the info you need! This guide is an adaption of Munkkys guides and is based off the Wowhead guide, MMO-C guide, Icy-Veins and the Vengeance Discord Channel Discussions. INDEX: - Stat Priority - Potions and enchants - Talents - BIS Gear List - BIS trinket list - Legendaries - Relic priority - Misc - References Stat Priority: We have 3 different stat priorities: ... POTIONS: Unbending for Survivability Prolonged Power for Trash Old War for Bosses ENCHANTS: Mark of the Heavy Hide for neck survival Mark of the Satyr for neck dps Binding of Versatility For rings - Raiding Binding of Mastery for rings - M+ Binding of Agility for cloak TALENTS: Level 99: Agonizing Flames will be the best for AoE and can be for ST. Level 100: Feast of Souls for Single Target, Fallout for AoE Survival (primarily in dungeons), Burning Alive for higher level Mythic+ Dungeons Level 102: Felblade for Learning/"surv", Flame Crash for DPS Level 104: Soul Rending is the go to, Feed the Demon can be used for Smoother Damage Taken, requires Fallout to max the benefit, Fracture is for ST DPS only Level 106: Quickened Sigils for Easier CC, Sigil of Chains for higher level dungeons/when it fits your group (this is a preference row) Concentrated Sigils for max DPS unless you have the Legendary bracers Level 108: Fel Devastation for Burst DPS/Burst Healing, Spirit Bomb for Smoother Healing and can be better for DPS if you feed into it. Level 110: Last Resort is the go to, Nether Bond for situational raid utility, and good for M+ with Necrotic , Soul Barrier extremely situational talent, only for when you have constant non spiky damage, ideally from multiple sources. BIS Gear list BIS Gear isnt a "thing" since they added War/titan forged. A general rule of thumb is to focus on main stats, but if a item is +10 ilevels, its better regardless of stats. This does not always apply for rings and necks. BIS List PRE-RAID Use this list to optimize your bonus rolls.  Kraken Hide Helm - Helya - Maw of Souls  Strand of the Stars - Advisor Melandrus - Court of Stars  Steelgazer Hide Mantle - Dargrul - Neltharion's Lair  Mainsail Cloak - King Deepbeard - Eye of Azshara  Tranquil Bough Vest - Archdruid Glaidalis - Darkheart Thicket  Compact Trifold Wristbands - Millificent Manastorm - Violet Hold  Guileful Intruder Handguards Patrol - Captain Gerdo - Court of Stars  Taut Halyard Waistband - King Deepbeard - Eye of Azshara  Warden's Martial Greaves - Cordana Felsong - Vault of the Wardens  Tunnel Trudger Footguards - Ivanyr - The Arcway  Band of Crystalline Bone - Shivermaw - Violet Hold  Braided Silver Ring - King Deepbeard - Eye of Azshara BIS List Emerald Nightmare  Cowl of Fright - Emeriss  Cursed Beartooth Necklace - Ursoc  Otherworldy Leather Mantle - Il'gynoth  Gossamer-Spun Greatcloak - Elerethe Renferal  Scarred Ragefang Chestpiece - Ursoc  Wristwraps of Broken Trust - Elerethe Renferal  Dreamsculptor's Gloves - Il'gynoth  Lifeless Buckled Girdle - Nythendra  Repulsive Leathery Pants - Xavius  Stained Maggot Squishers - Nythendra  Dreadful Cyclopean Signet - Il'gynoth  Mindrend Band - Ysondre BIS List Trials of Valor  Cowl of Fright - Emeriss  Sea Fan Pendant - Guarm  Otherworldy Leather Mantle - Il'gynoth  Mantle of the Victorious Dead - Odyn  Helbeast Skin Tunic - Guarm  Sky-Valiant's Wristguards - Odyn  Gloves of Issued Challenge - Odyn  Strand of Whelk Shells - Guarm  Sucker-Scarred Leggings - Guarm  Moccasins of Silent Passage - Guarm  Dreadful Cyclopean Signet - Il'gynoth  Mindrend Band - Ysondre BIS Trinkets Trinkets varie a LOT based on the use, and the stats. We have a wide assortment of trinkets, each with a good specific niche. A-Tier Darkmoon Card: Immortality Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 601 (Will be nerfed in 7.1.5 - hotfixed dec. 6, change pending) Valor Medal of the First War (Will be nerfed in 7.1.5 - hotfixed dec. 6, change pending) B-Tier Bloodthirsty Instinct Unstable Arcanocrystal Shivermaw's Jawbone Majordomo's Dinner Bell C-Tier Grotesque Statuette (can be good with high ilevel on specific fights) Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (Is B-tier in fights with high uptime) Coagulated Nightwell Residue Writhing Heart of Darkness Infernal Alchemist Stone Impenetrable Nerubian Husk Legendaries Legendaries can be seperated into two groups; best for raiding, and best for dungeons. Below they are listed for each; ranked BEST to WORST (Best first) Legendaries BiS list for Raiding Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison Cloak of Fel Flames Kirel Narak The Defiler's Lost Vambraces Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Cinidaria, the Symbiote Sephuz's Secret Runemaster's Pauldrons Legendaries BiS list for Dungeons Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison Kirel Narak = The Defiler's Lost Vambraces Cloak of Fel Flames Sephuz's Secret Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Cinidaria, the Symbiote Runemaster's Pauldrons Relic priority For relics, higher ilevel is ALWAYS the best choice. Only use the below list for EQUAL ILEVEL RELICS. Below is listed BEST to WORST, BEST first. For DPS: Aura of Pain (Single Target and AoE) Honed Warblades (Single Target) Fiery Demise (Single Target Burst) For Survivability: Devour Souls Embrace the Pain Aldrachi Design Will of the Illidari MISC Like i wrote first, this guide should be used as a reference tool; a quick "look up" for the most needed info. I will keep the guide updated in future patches. This post is based on guides by, and approved by Munkky. PATCH 7.1.5 is expected in January, with some small nerfs and big buffs. We can expect our Meta to be much stronger, making Fueled by Pain and Meta stronger, giving us space to choose other talents. Also adjustments to health, armor, 10% less physical dmg taken on base, and 10% less physical dmg mitigated with spikes among the changes. Weak Auras: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1984610-Demon-Hunter-Weak-Auras-Thread Demonhunter Discord: The Fel Hammer: https://discord.gg/zGGkNGC Maradum: https://discord.gg/CtNnryx Laste resort vs. Soul barrier argument: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dySNnqz0dReQaLdNMd7rbRHaFAc0F-4ZC1xsZUdFZRM/edit Feel Free to ask any questions below, ill do my best to reply to them all ASAP References and usefull links: http://www.wowhead.com/vengeance-demon-hunter-guide http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2015447-Munkkys-Vengeance-Demon-Hunter-Guide http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2066274-Vengeance-FAQ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I-mZzYd6LgLmDbp7a3Qzvfsmh59U1IR_dhlpUyRk9cU/preview#heading=h.lwmlezsz87if http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/vengeance-demon-hunter-pve-tank-guide Smørholm35 08 Apr
05 Apr Demon Hunter - Havoc in Legion 7.0.3 Welcome, To all new Demon Hunters! This Thread is purely related to Havoc speciliazation, Which is a melee dps Specialization. My intentions of this thread, is purely for all of you Demon Hunters, to take part, in the Demon Hunter Dps discussions, for the upcoming expansion. Many Thanks to all of the Beta Demon Hunter Testers, The people at Icyvein, and the people at other various of Demon Hunter sources :) Should you have more questions, you could Refer them to me, at my btag. Btag: Koukaiian#2509 ... 1.1 Stats Stat Weights Our current stat weights vary depending which final talent is selected. This means that you will likely have to run two sets of gear to be effective in all situations. If the choice is between two equal pieces the choice of the Fel Barrage piece will often be more beneficial, as pure single target encounters are far more rare than multi-target encounters. Chaos Blades ... Fel Barrage ... A more in-depth look at these weights can be found here. Please remember, your individual stat weights will vary. For optimal damage you will need to sim your own character. http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...t_weights.html Gems and Enchants These will vary depending on your stat distribution. Crit will, in general, be a strong choice but diminishes in value if your haste or versatility lag too far behind crit or each other. For best results you should sim your character before gemming or enchanting in-game, as always. Food will follow the same pattern. Havoc Demon Hunters will use the Flask of the Seventh Demon and Potion of Deadly Grace.Stalliona44 05 Apr
25m Starting a new DH for PvP what are the minuses? Pluses like mobility, damage and survivability are clear to me. So the minuses are the lack of team utility, and no root breaker?Зоябист6 25m
11h Rate the Transmog Above You Well, since it exists in many forums, why not also for Demon Hunters? Rate the transmog of the poster above you from 0 to 10. Lord Illidan knows the way.Mudari425 11h
11h Rate the DH name above you! 1-10 should do a fine work! Let's start with meDathedr289 11h
16h Eye Beam annoyances 1. You can't cancel Eye Beam by moving. Having to press ESC to move out of boss mechanics or getting used to a stopcasting keybind just for Eye Beam is pretty annoying. It seems like back in the Legion Alpha when they changed Eye Beam to not be castable while moving, what they actually did was disable movement while casting. A very minor upside to this is that you can still cast it while jumping/falling, but I'd much rather have the cancel on movement. 2. When you start an Eye Beam cast, your character spends almost half the cast changing into the Metamorphosis form and does all the damage in the second half. This makes the move feel very laggy to me. Since Havoc AOE could use a buff anyway, maybe skip the startup animation and give it more ticks instead.Abend8 16h
17h MAKE EM FLY I haven't played my Demonhunter for very long, but I noticed some things that the DH (in my opinion) still misses. First of all, a thing many people have already complained about: Make the option availabe to show the wings permanently. Via Glyphe, Menu, Transmog or whatever. Some people would LOVE this feature, me included. Maybe give us a bit more options to personalize the wings, like not just changing the color, but this is something I just personally wish for. The last point, and also the most obvious one: Make them use their wings properly! They are wings after all! Giving some classes additional abilities to fly is nothing new, look at Druids and Monks. They can fly without mount but the dude with wings can't? Or look at Worgen, they can literally be their own mount; why not give Demonhunters that ability too? They could normally glide everywhere, and once the unlocked flying the could just hop into the air and fly away, like druids can (I'd say outside of battle, maybe not even giving them too much speed boost, because the are buffed anyway)Apathylon6 17h
17h [Veng] Fracture / Soul Cleave Hi there, Got a question about using fracture or soul cleave when dealing with multiple targets. According to the tooltips, it seems Soul Cleave does more damage on 2 targets. So when I'm not in need of healing/more soul fragments, should I stop using fracture on 2+ targets? Asking because Icy Veins only suggests using soul cleave for healing.Déntro10 17h
1d DH's are kind of boring? I'm not 110 yet but almost, and I think the playstyle is so boring, the fun is metamorphing and blowing people up but it's on a pretty lon cooldown, off meta, most of the gameplay seems kind of bland and ''meh''...I dunno But as for power, its very strong, the actual playstyle is kind of lacking I thinkLockvd22 1d
1d State of 7.3 DH(Dps) Well.... I guess I am not the only one wondering what the f*** will DHs be doing in the next patch seeing its less than 2 weeks away, no changes for us at the PTR and the T21 set bonuses remain the same. We're pretty mediocre right now with T20 which is far far better in terms of fury generation than T21, which has been an issue for a long time. The problem with T21 is that it forces us to play a Spec that has manny issues if used for single target, let alone a viable raid spec. Seeing as this set encourages haste stacking(which is only good as a stat if we are playing with FB and T20) I cant help but despair that we would be even below tanks in terms of dps in the next patch. Right now, we're in the middle in the meters in terms of ST but our AoE is a JOKE to be honest, since after we use FotI and Eye Beam its a "meh" state for the next minute in terms of AoE. If no changes happen we would be at the very bottom I feel.Silmarilien20 1d
1d Cinidaria over Chaos theory ?? I waas looking some webs ,and there then is written that chaos is our 2nd best leg (after ring). Ok but, few people told me that in pratice Cinidaria is much better ,and chaos theory is only usefull if u have more than 35 % haste (which without meta is not possible .. ). I runned with both of them and for now i dont see any big difference . So is the cloak any good or the proc is too low for that ?Themountainn7 1d
1d Spirit bomb vs Razor spikes So... I wanted to test out the spirit bomb build and compare it to my standard build but since blizz is full of bugs i couldn't make it as the mob "despawned" on my second attempt at razor spikes build. Thing is I felt around 10-15% more DPS single target and ended at 140 stacks on training dummy around 30 min fight. My HPS was nice 200k+, my DTPS was around 150k and damage around 500kdps With razor spikes build i had around 450k dps around 140k HPS and 90k DTPS (he despawned near 100 stacks) So 2 question for those of you who tried out; What is better survival wise? And another question; I felt i got painbringer proc more often with spirit bomb build; Is it fixed proc or per soul consumed?Aldrachi16 1d
3d candrael's charm? I've already completed my campaign and have AK 25, so I'm not sure what else there is to do? And is there any easier way of farming for the item?Ñýx7 3d
3d Havoc DPS talent distribution Hello there dear people, I have returned to the game after very long time and frankly, I am little bit lost... I also went through some of the videos and guides, however I still do not know how to distribute my talents - to be honest I like Metamorphosis and Eye Beam combo...But as I checked all the advices and tips, I found out, its not the best way to go - or at least according to community/players. Currently, the regular build for Havoc is 2,2,2,3,3,1,1 am I correct? Is this the best option to use or is there any other solid build for Demonic as well? I just want to say, that I am primarily focued on PvE and Questing... I dont like PvP. I would really appreciate your valuable input and some nice opinions, tips and guides :) Thank you very much.Aerlhein5 3d
5d Demon Hunter Arena Disconnect Bug? Hi All, When I play my Demon Hunter in arena I frequently disconnect if I get stunned as I double jump. I also disconnect a lot when I Fel Rush off the edge of the Dalaran Sewers Map. Is this a known bug? Or am I suffering from some issues on my end? This does not occur on any of my other characters, i.e. this Shaman. Thanks.Benqts2 5d
5d Demon Blades vs Demon's Bite: Pointing out the obvious Look, it really is as simple as follows. One way requires constant usage, continuous use of every single gcd, the other does the opposite and is the lazy mans version where it happens automatically. It is quite obvious that the non-lazy version which requires the highest skill and effort should also theoretically perform slightly above the automated lazy mans version. Nothing else than that. If the lazy mans version is meant to also be better, then you might as well make it baseline because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is not a choice. I didn't even mention that the lazy mans version also is mechanically superior in that your gcd's are ready to fully optimize your other abilities.Asheem47 5d
12 Aug Give Demon Hunters a 3rd Spec The reasons given original about why Demon Hunters did not have a third spec was utterly ridiculous and a cop out, there are plenty of ideas out there that can give the Demon Hunter a unique 3rd spec, here a re a few ideas: 1.) 2 handed focused DPS 2.) Demon form Focused DPS 3.) Dot damage focused DPS These are only a few that i can think of just off the top of my head. My point being that leaving the Demon Hunter with only 2 spec makes it feel and literally looks incomplete. There are other classes with two DPS specs so there is zero reason not to give Demon Hunters one, stop being so lazy and treating your player base like a bunch of idiots. End pointless rant.Priamos24 12 Aug
10 Aug DEMONHUNTER FOR DRAENEI Well whyt should I say, only one race on each side being able to play Demonhunters is pretty !@#$ if you don't like any onf these two. So I thought about which races should also be able to be demonhunters; Draenei is obvious, what Horde race would you like most to see as a demonhunter? (I'm voting for Trolls because they kinda look like ugly elves or Orcs because they often also have strong relationships with the burning legion)Apathylon16 10 Aug
10 Aug Havoc : Stats vs iLvl Hey guys I've had a quick look around and couldn't find any answers so thought i'd ask here. Havoc's best stats is crit now i primarily pvp but would like to do the mage tower quest and a little bit of pve. For pve should i pick the 865+ ilvl gear with crit or just stack the pvp ilvl gear with very little crit?Bamxx5 10 Aug
10 Aug How I would make havoc DH better ! Hello fellow Demon Hunters ! Introduction Few words of introduction. You can skip if you don't care, there is not gameplay related talk here. Who ? French (sorry for every misspelling, or weird sentences ;) ) Veteran (Vanilla player) High end raider (far from top end, but not a casual player ^^) Playing Havoc DH and Vegeance DH since Legion pre patch Why ? I love Demon Hunter I love game design I feel like 7.3 should try something different. 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.5, 7.2 and 7.2.5 failed to deliver changes DH needed. I need to get it off my chest ! Changes In my opinion the global design of Demon Hunters IS FINE ! :) (and changing the global design should not be aimed for patchs but new extensions) The major changes should come from talents and how they could better impact our rotation. Note that I will try to numerically adjust things to feel credible but it is noting accurate and I won't touch on Artefact weapon or legendaries. Dropped talents I think a lot of player agreed and ask for those (at least partially) : Felblade (FB) baseline. Not a talent anymore. The goal is to dynamise the fury generation to every talent builds and allow to create interaction between FB and other talents Demon Blades (DB) baseline. Not a talent anymore, but tweaked : Does not replace Demon's Bite Does less damage and generate less furyThe goal is to keep those moment of great feeling where your procs (DB and Chaos Strike (CS) refunds) allow you to frenetically spam spenders but suppress down time thanks to keeping Demon's Bite in your rotation. Those 2 talents made baseline act on the fury generation, one of our main issue. To summarize the new fury generation changes : DB and CS refunds add the random layer in our fury generation. You cannot control them and they add the surprise element without adding too much complexity. FB adds the semi-random layer. You can choose when to use it, even if you don't control the procs (It is where good players can make the difference). Demon's Bite fury generation should be flat at 25 (because you already have you random generation layer) and is our purely controlled fury generation spell. Last be not least we have currently 2 talent rows that add fury generation. Now that 2 talents from those rows are baseline, it is too much. After my talent changes only 1 will remane Talent revamp 99 row : Fury generation row Fel Mastery : this talent is used in a momentum and none demonic build i.e. It is not used... But with some other talent tweaks and a bit of love, it could be a strong talent. My change would be : it also gives Fel Rush a third charge. (old)Felblade : replaced by Prepared from 100 row. I would slightly change it : generate 50 fury over 10 sec (down from 100) and reset the cooldown of Felblade. Blind Fury : no change. 100 row : The new Row Demonic Appetite (DA) : it is the only talent left in this row. This row should not give fury generation tools, so I would change DA to make souls give you 5% increase damage on your next Eye Beam (EB), maximum 5 stacks, instead of giving you fury (the talent still let you generate souls with CS). Then I let you imagine 2 new talents that give you more damage in this row ! :) 102 and 104 rows Those rows are fine to me. Only Chaos Cleave could be tweaked to make it better and more interesting 106 row Momentum : I would like to change it, I think with increased duration, but it's mean buffing Nemesis Fel Eruption (FE) : Everyone agree that FE need changes, mine would be: FE consume 10 up to 100 fury and deal increased damage for each fury consumed Maybe a decrease cooldown to 20 sec, but I am not fully sure if it is necessary It is a short 10 yards AOE. Your character jumps into the air (with wings flapping) and falls down to the ground erupting Fel that impal surrounding enemies. The stun is kept. Nemesis : Unchanged. Buff if Momentum is buffed 108 and 110 rowsThose are fine. I would like a tweak with Demonic : At the moment you can extend your Metamorphosis by only 8 sec. I think you should not cap how many time Eye Beam can extend Metamorphosis but only the maximum duration of the buff (around 40 sec). Being able to keep Meta up for 2 min should be the encouraged behavior in my opinion. Conclusion My changes try to adress 2 main issues : Fury Generation and underwhelming Talents, coupled with the feeling that DB and FB should be part of the DH base kit. I hope you enjoyed it and will discuss it furthermore. AmazyAmazy7 10 Aug
09 Aug Infernal Strike Hi i just noticed a small change to the infernal strike ability . The targeting circle is much smaller than before .Its driving me crazy. Can pls some other veng dh confirm it,so i know if its on other characters and is some kind of bug, or if it did change just for me ? ThxKragos4 09 Aug
09 Aug How to improve my DPS? My ilvl is around 900 , but i feel my DPS is a bit off considering my gear... My avg DPS is around 700 - 800k in raids ( TOS normal) ( Depends much on who i am with ) // 1m - 2m DPS ( smashing all CDs at the same time) I feel i doing really little damage compared to others - who can always can keep up a steady 1mill DPS the whole fight..(raid bosses) Stats: 36% Crit 16% Haste 41% Mastry 4% versality My Rota on bosses : Metamorphosis + Chaos Blades + Nemesis ( all in 1 macro) --> Spam Chaos Cleave Strike and use --> Felblade / Blade Dance (when i start to drop furry , "or when glowing" or when Chaos Strike is CD) - use Throw Glaves // when everything is CD / low furry / far away * Uses Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Furry Of illidari when off CD // - I dont' use much pots/food - could be that? - Could be that my crit is to low? * So what should i start fixing?Zeastria6 09 Aug
08 Aug Demon Blades worth it? Is demon blades worth taking if i have low haste? And how can i get hasty? :DDemonpenguin1 08 Aug
08 Aug Coming back to DH? Or fresh class? Hi guys, Just coming back after making a few Alts and realising I don't have enough time to do suramar, start balance of power and get weapon appearances etc.. all over again So I was wondering if raddons is still kinda needed for demonic as I don't have it and whether you think even coming back to my DH is a good idea at all??? Or should I just jump ship before 7.3 begins???? Thanks!!Gazbo1 08 Aug
07 Aug Is Havoc viable for pushing keys and raiding? TitleDiehauser2 07 Aug
07 Aug Stick to my main or....? Just here to ask people's thoughts on the DPS spec of the DH, I just ran ToS and saw crazy numbers from a demon hunter. Fight with KJ started and he was doing 2.2 million! Like wtf!? So how is the play style? Is it cool down based or just a simple rotation? Is it fun (for you)? And how does it compare to the WW monk?Carason8 07 Aug
07 Aug Highest DH World in 3s and 2s Q&A Hi guys, Im here to help you guys reach your goals on your Demon Hunter. If its 2k for the elite set or 2.4 or Gladiator. Feel free to ask me anything. Currently I'm 2803cr #5 overall in 2v2 and 2925 in 3s #20. Last season I achieved 3015cr. Ask me anything about the class not random stupid questions ^_^ - Tren.Trenacetate32 07 Aug
07 Aug Havoc shafted for PvE balance Only 1 boss in mythic ToS logs with a havoc in top 100. KJ hc entire top 100 arms warrior. Like i think this must be an all time low for top balance? At least i think the bottom isn't entirely fallen out, but at the top wow things are not at all balanced. I don't think i can recall seeing such clear representation of the same classes ever.Asheem11 07 Aug
06 Aug Lord of War I thought I'd make an appeal to my fellow Demon Hunters for help with this. I'm looking for players to help que for this event... So I had a main with the same name and class and spec as this character, level 110. It was my pride and joy, my only character...But from the moment of his creation I had planned to get the Lord of War title. The only thing is I had no idea you couldn't que for it at level 110. Given the choice, whether to play a corrupt and failing main, or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw against ones destiny... What was a player to do.... But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate; and thus defy the tyrannous stars. So I deleted my main and started again with this new character. After a day of farming treasures and rares in Draenor I was able to make a level 3 garrison with a level 3 gladiators sanctum. I am one step away from getting this title that I have given so much for... The only problem is not enough people are queing for it. If you are able to help fill the numbers we need in the que, with a level 100 character, please add my btag Basch#2341 I've sacrificed everything, what have you given?Kylâr0 06 Aug
05 Aug what kinda dps spec is havoc? I find it really hard to understand for the most part as i can say that ranged abilities mostly do more damage than the mele ones. Eye Beam, Fel Barage, Throw Glaive, Rain from above. I'm surprised they did not give you a ranged stun as well. So was havoc meant to be a ranged spec or mele? did blizzard screwed it up? I mean it is in fact a mele class with very good mobility, gap closers and survivability but c'mon now, as for a mele you should not do most of your damage with ranged abilities right? you can say that Enhancement and Unholy are the same but yet they dont have that many ranged abilities nor the mobility.Dwây4 05 Aug
03 Aug Artifact Weapon Won't Change Appearance EDIT: Issue now resolved. Hello there. When playing on my Demon Hunter on the Havoc specialisation, using the Twinblades of the Deceiver, my weapons won't change their physical appearance when using the Cursed Forge in the class order hall to select a different appearance skin that is already unlocked. When looking at the character tab, the artwork for the weapons do change, but the physical appearance does not. They'll change on the forge when I select them, but as soon as I exit the forge, they revert back to the default appearance, as though the selected appearance was locked. This is despite the fact that the appearances I try to select are in fact unlocked. If I change specialisation to Vengeance, automatically equipping the Aldrachi Warblades, they automatically change their appearance to the appearance I selected, that my Twinblades of the Deceiver refuses to change to. However, as soon as I switch back to Havoc, my Twinblades revert right back to the default appearance. I've tried switching specs, relogging, but nothing is fixing the issue. Please help. Thank you.Orcishdk7 03 Aug
03 Aug stats dh vengance Hello, i see in ice veins stats dh for dungeos say Agility>Mastery>Versatility>Haste>Critical Strike and for Survivability say Agility>Versatility>Mastery >= Haste>Critical Strike. i am confused, ¿You who use? i play mostly raid and mithyc+, very thanksGannîcus5 03 Aug
02 Aug Thoughts on my progress so far? http://imgur.com/a/JeTHT 32 hours of gameplay at level 98-109 73 hours of gameplay at level 110 First character. Created this one as the result of a boosted level 100 Warlock.Vayñe3 02 Aug
02 Aug Vengeance in pvp (arena mostly) questions Hey there, total legion pvp noob here. I recently returned and decided to take a closer look at dh and actually enjoyed pvp while playing vengeance a lot (i didn`t like instanced pvp at my rogue at all ) and got couple of questions. 1) PvP talents: Relentless or medallion? Are Solitude and Unending hatred usefull? Are there any way to instantly stop Demonic trample (not searching it`s buff icon and right-clicking it), like, pressing it again to stop it? Are there any talents i should avoid? 2) Is it okay that i can`t kill healers at all? Shoudn`t their mana not be able to regen or something, i don`t see their mana lowering, like, at all, which doesn`t make sense. 3) What to do with frost mages? I can`t even properly get to them.Аманорэ7 02 Aug
01 Aug Fel Tome in order hall bugged. I've noticed often times I can't summon the demon in the order hall. Either the Fel Tome isn't there at all, or I simply can't right-click it. This seems to happen whenever someone else other than myself summons the demon and kills it before I participate. For example, I did some stuff in dalaran, I come to the order to complete some follower missions and in the meanwhile, other players are killing a demon. I haven't participated at all, neither am I grouped with those people. Hell, I didn't even use the portal to the "demon summoning lair". But for some odd reason, it still flags me as if I already killed it for the day and got my loot. Once, the book was there, but I couldn't click it. So I managed to group up with other people and have someone else summon it. I tanked the fight, while grouped with the "summoner" , and nada. Couldn't even loot it, because some people killed a demon while I was upstairs. Anyone else experiencing this? And has there been any word from Blizz that they are aware of the bug? Thanks!Kormaec1 01 Aug
31 Jul Should I create AND main a Demon Hunter? Hello there guys! I am a person who cant decide for classes easily, but Demon Hunters looks like its fits my playstyle very good! I have grown tired of my rogue and they got kind of boring because I couldn't jump around much etc... Now Demon Hunter is looking the best for me. But I also have a Hunter at 107, Warlock at 104 and Mage at 81. These are other classes I'm thinking of but Demon Hunter is probably the thing im gonna pick for now. I would appreciate comparisons to the other classes I wrote, too though (MAINLY ROGUE). I want to play DPS so these are questions for the DPS spec! Do they have good burst? Are they fun (subjective, I know)? What makes them so fun in your opinion? Good in Soloing dungeons? Demanded in Raids and M+ (This isnt that important tho). Thanks for the help!Roguren9 31 Jul
31 Jul DH BURST ON THE POINT Hy i want to Show you how fine the DH work in a Triple DPS Comp It´s based on hard singletarget burst I Play with Nemesis and Chaosblades The Cr of the Games are 1800 - 2000 In this Video we kill all Heal Specs , 3 Monks 3 druids ........... Hope you have fun with it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeGqfrCxwesIlíldán0 31 Jul
31 Jul Wierd BiS calculation? Hi guys... what do you think about this BiS calculation? it´s completly different from what you´ll find in any guide. http://i.imgur.com/VuV6OeZ.jpgLightstalkér5 31 Jul
31 Jul Companion app Korva and Stheno Hello fellow Demonhunters! Im using the companion app frequently and it seems like i cant use the items that are created by korva and stheno (and pherhaps meatball didnt test it yet) il the app... Am I just to stupid to find it or did Blizzard not implement a feature for this? Would be a shame, i love the app its rly helpfull but if i cant use the champions with their full potential cause i cant use these items thats kinda crap...Lûzifer2 31 Jul
31 Jul Demonic: Crit>Mastery>Haste/Versatility still good? Hello, From what I saw online, due to Chaos Blades no longer scalling with Mastery, the stats priority changed and Mastery is pretty useless. I was wondering if it is the same came for Demonic Build and why as you don't use Chaos Blades and Mastery still increases you damage. So far, My damage from chaos-based abilities is increased by 27% and I have bad gear. I have 41% Crit and 27% Mastery, with 7% Haste and 7% Versatility. I think that Mastery is still powerful on the demonic build, as with the same gear, you deal about 10k less damage using the demonic (based on a dps sim report) posted over here. I think that with mastery instead of versatility/haste, you would deal more damage. Abilities empowered by Mastery (Which are used the most in the Demonic Build; the only ability not empowered that is used what so ever is Vengeful Retreat, but you only use it to proc the Momentum talent): -Eye Beam -Chaos Strike -Chaos Nova -Fel Rush Abilities not empowered by Mastery: -Vengeful Retreat -Throw Glaive -Blade Dance -Demon's Bite What do you think? Can someone give me an explanation why Haste/Versatility is better than Mastery on the Demonic build? I don't play WoW for a long time and this change has got me confused as I currently don't see the use of the new stat priority on the Demonic build. I can see it for the Chaos Blades build, but not for the Demonic one.Vayñe1 31 Jul
30 Jul Heroic Maiden of Vigilance Hammer Solo Hey guys in heroic ToS to solo the maiden's hammer of creation or destruction will empower wards suffice? or do i have to use meta/equip an anti magic dmg trinket? just wondering for next weeks raid :PGlaivy2 30 Jul
30 Jul Gear Advice for LFR Farming Hello, I would like to know if the following items are good enough for a Demon Hunter this patch. I looked for Critical mostly, along with Haste/Versatility, leaving out Mastery as much as possible. Also, I went for the 4-piece bonus for the tier. I want to get those items before jumping into ToS and Farm for the BiS items from there. The list is below. Please give me any tips you can. I'm not the best WoW Player ever. When Nighthold was the best, there was a different stats path (Critical>Mastery>Haste>Versatility). Now with the Mastery change, it is the worst. So, I created my own gear list to get in ToS and farm for the gear I want here. Head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=138378/mask-of-second-sight&bonus=3514:1472 Neck: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140898/radiant-string-of-scorpid-eyes&bonus=3445:1497 Shoulders: http://www.wowhead.com/item=138380/shoulderguards-of-second-sight&bonus=3514:1472 Back: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140855/dreadlords-tattered-wingcover&bonus=3518:1502 Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=138376/tunic-of-second-sight&bonus=3514:1472 Wrists: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140889/bracers-of-impossible-choices&bonus=3518:1502 Hands: http://www.wowhead.com/item=138377/gloves-of-second-sight&bonus=3514:1472 Waist: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140919/high-shadow-councilors-wrap&bonus=3519:1507 Legs: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140908/trousers-of-cultivation&bonus=3518:1502 Feet: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140860/stutterstep-treads&bonus=3445:1497 Finger: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140906/ring-of-exclusive-servitude&bonus=3518:1502 Finger: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140896/ring-of-braided-stems&bonus=3518:1502 Trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/convergence-of-fates&bonus=3518:1502 Trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=140794/arcanogolem-digit&bonus=3445:1497Vayñe5 30 Jul
30 Jul Cast sequence macro help please Hi All, I'm looking to make a cast sequence for the following skills in the same order left to right Nemesis - Chaos Blades - Fury of the Illidari - Specter of Betrayal I made something like this /castsequence reset=2 Nemesis, Chaos Blades, Fury of the Illidari, Specter of Betrayal But only Nemesis and Chaos blades are being casted. Fury of the Illidari and specter are not being casted. can you please help. CD of the following skills nemesis - 2 mins Chaos blades - 2 mins Fury of the Illidari - 1 min Specter of Betrayal - 45 secsBlindrush1 30 Jul
30 Jul Vengeance Received a nerf again :( Vengeance Demon Spikes Demon Spikes physical damage reduction increased to 12% (was 10%). Fracture Fracture damage decreased by 5%. Spirit Bomb Spirit Bomb damage decreased by 10%. i think it is totally a nerf... sprit bomb decrease by 10% is painful.. i don't think vengeance SB is so powerful and yet, they still get a nerf..Mègazia18 30 Jul
30 Jul Few simple changes to "fix" vengeance Theory: Essentially the idea is to make it possible to have permanent uptime on demon spikes so long as you are actively using your rotation which can give us the stability and way to adjust us that we need. To compensate, we probably need to reduce the power of demon spikes. We also need some overall slight buff which will also help us out against magic damage and physical spikes alike. Does this not address all our core problems and brings us in line? - reason your answer. Solution: - Make Fracture baseline - Make Feed the demon baseline and adjust values so that with roughly 85% of potential ideal rotation will be enough for permanent uptime of Demon spikes - Reduce the power of demon spikes so that we are not overpowered considering 100% uptime - Increase Demonic wards from 55% to 70% increased stamina - Additional 2 talent choices are needed to fill the remaining spots. I would suggest simple ones initially - one focused around soul cleave could be an idea. If you fill in these two choices with some random trash numbers improvement on existing abilties it could be done for 7.3 instead of waiting a full expansion of painful DH balance because you don't wanna rush making 2 new talents.Asheem3 30 Jul
29 Jul Did they nerf infernal strike? radius seems smaller than it used to beÐevilangel2 29 Jul
28 Jul Is it worth being a tank? Good afternoon, I love my dh tank but I do not stop to see nerf, is it really worth investing time in? Would it be better to switch to another? My interest are only raid and myth, I do not want to be rejected for being dh, what do you think? thank you very much to allGannîcus5 28 Jul
28 Jul Demon's Bite for Chaos Build? Hi, Im new to Havoc and have started working on my rotation whilst trying to get my gear sorted since leaving Vengeance. When I take demon blades I feel like sometimes Im fury starved and without a button to press. But when I stay with demons bite I've always got a way to generate fury, sometimes in a burst when it also resets felblade. Given the synergy between demon's bite and felblade for fury generation, I was hoping someone could explain why demon's blades is considered the stronger option? ThanksAeónz2 28 Jul
27 Jul stats dh tank help me please Hello, i am a new dh tank :D i am very happy with this pj, it´s my main :D, i have a question, i only job in mithyc+ and raid, what are stats? in ice veins say for dungeons, agility>mastery>versatility>haste> and for last critical strike, this is correct? too say for survivability, Agility> Versatility>Mastery =Haste>Critical Strike. what is best? i am very new in tank and i am very lost... very thanks for all, and sorry for my english, i am spanishGannîcus9 27 Jul
25 Jul 2v2 rated arena comp So I want to start playing pvp and my friend too he plays windwalker monk and i play havoc. Is this team comp decent enough or we will terribly lose every game? And if so, what class should i switch to?Turtledemon1 25 Jul