Battlegrounds

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
13 Nov Feedback: Epic Battlegrounds Greetings, You may have noticed we've been doing some updates to Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest recently. Our goals with these changes are to both improve the gameplay experience in these battlegrounds and to also design them around a longer duration format. We feel that with the longer match length, players have more room to switch strategies in a match, change from offense to defense a few times, etc. to provide a, well, more epic experience. With that, we're looking to you to give us feedback on these changes. Here are some of the changes recently (through hotfixes, so they are very recent): Alterac Valley Increased the number of Reinforcements by 100. The NPCs health and damage will match the players level and gear, which will result in a more consistent difficulty. Isle of Conquest Increased the number of Reinforcements by 100. Increased the health of the walls significantly. Increased the damage the Siege Engine, Demolishers, Glaive Throwers and Keep Cannons deal against players. (The Seige Engine in particular will now be pretty scary!) Increased the siege damage dealt by the Siege Engine and Demolisher. (The Ram ability will deal a lot of damage in particular) The Refinery and the Quarry now generate Reinforcements more frequently. Increased the health of the "bosses". We welcome your feedback! Please focus your feedback on the gameplay in the map, in particular the pacing, balance of different mechanics etc. Thank you!Taepsilum32 13 Nov
08 Nov Conquest Rewards Adjustment - Oct. 24 We've adjusted some of the Conquest rewards for Arena & Rated Battlegrounds. Now, when you Rated Battleground ends in defeat, depending on how closely you lost (how near to the winning team in points/flag captures/etc.), you can gain 20-40 Conquest. Additionally: 2v2 – First win of the day rewards 35 Conquest; additional wins rewards 25 Conquest (was 10). Rated Battlegrounds – First win of the day rewards 150 Conquest (was 100); additional wins reward 100 Conquest (was 65). Rewards for 3v3 and unrated Battlegrounds have not been changed.Aerythlea2 08 Nov
01 Aug Prestige Guide: Rewards and Advice After many weeks of playing legion, some people still have no idea about the possible prestige rewards. Therefore I am making a detailed list of the prestige rewards. After this list, I will say something about the possibilities to farm honor. If anyone has something to add (or change), please reply to this thread. Rewards: An honor level will reward you with new honor talents, gold (normally 200 gold and 2000 gold between honor level 48-49) and artifact power. These are the basic rewards. The prestige rewards will follow below. Prestige 0+50 rewards the alliance enthusiast. It is a companion and it can use emotes such as "Alliance enthusiast admires you". If you want to know how it looks, click the following link: http://imgur.com/a/CtII0. You will also receive the achievement Top Honors (10 achievement points). As a side note: since a recent hotfix we no longer use a ‘’prestige button’’. Therefore you instantly jump to the next prestige once you achieve honor level (x+)50. That is why prestige 0+50 and prestige 1 are pretty much the same now. However, you will still notice the difference at 17+50, because prestige 1 has not been released yet. Prestige 1+0 rewards your first badge. If you want to look how your badge looks like (and the other badges), use the following link: http://imgur.com/a/eKoaz. You can find this badge next to your characters portrait. Prestige 1 also rewards you with the achievement First Step into a Larger World (10 achievement points). Prestige 1+50 rewards The Victor’s Spoils. This is an artifact skin. If you want to find out how it looks, check out this link: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/balance/AvbTI7A. Select your class, specialization and check out the fourth weapon and the first skin. The other three skins are for higher prestige levels. This reward is part of an achievement: Fighting With Style: War-Torn. You will also receive the achievement The Prestige (10 achievement points). Prestige 2+0 rewards your second badge. It also rewards you with the achievement Here We Go Again (10 achievement points). Prestige 2+50 rewards an honorable pennant. If you want to know how it looks, check out this link: http://imgur.com/a/ci2ZB. Prestige 3+0 rewards your third badge. It also gives you with the achievement Third Time’s The Charm (10 achievement points). Prestige 3+50 rewards you with a mount: the prestigious bronze courser. If you want to know how it looks, check out the following link: http://imgur.com/a/movsQ. Prestige 4+0 rewards your fourth badge. It also gives you the achievement For Prestige (10 achievement points). Prestige 4+50 rewards you with the title ‘the Honorable (name)’. This was the final prestige rank for legion season one. Since season two there are 4 new prestige ranks. Prestige 5+0 rewards your fifth badge. It also gives you the achievement Alive for Five (10 achievement points). Prestige 5+50 rewards you with a crest of heroism. This is your second artifact skin from prestige. It is also part of the achievement Fighting With Style: War-Torn. Prestige 6+0 rewards you with your sixth badge. It also gives you the achievement The River Six (10 achievement points). Prestige 6+50 rewards you with the dutiful squire. It is a companion and it makes a (very annoying) sound when you summon it. If you want to know how it looks like, click the following link: http://imgur.com/a/8Qt0T. Prestige 7+0 rewards you with your seventh badge. It also gives you the achievement Slayin’ to Seven (10 achievement points). Prestige 7+50 rewards you with the prestigious pennant. This item looks exactly the same as the honorable pennant and it has the same buff as the honorable pennant. I still hope this is a bug, because it is very disappointing right now. Prestige 8+0 rewards you with your eighth badge. It also gives you the achievement Don’t Hate, Grind to Eight (10 achievement points). Prestige 8+50 rewards you with the ivory prestigious courser. If you want to know how it looks, check out the following link: http://imgur.com/a/wetmx. This is the final prestige rank for legion season 2. Prestige 9+0 rewards you with your ninth badge. If you want to know how it looks, check out this link: http://imgur.com/a/aMEdK. You will also receive the achievement Hell, It's About Nine (10 achievement points) Prestige 9+50 rewards you with the title ‘The Prestigious (name)’. This is the final prestige rank for legion season two. Unfortunately, this reward is bugged and it is not possible to use this title. EDIT: blizzard has posted a list of the new prestige rewards (up to prestige 17). Therefore I will simply show the link instead of updating this list: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20732235/pvp-rewarding-prestigeGlamía24 01 Aug
10 Oct PvP Disqualification Policy Update As part of our continued efforts to combat cheating and unfair play in World of Warcraft, we’ve recently made a change to our policies regarding PvP disqualifications. As of the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch, any player who is found to have engaged in unfair practices that result in their disqualification from end-of-season PvP rewards will also have their ability to queue for rated PvP matches immediately revoked. This restriction will continue through the remainder of the season in which they were disqualified, which includes the current “Post-Season” available until Battle for Azeroth launches. This change is intended to minimize the impact that disqualified players have on those who are playing legitimately while the PvP season continues, and is just one aspect of our ongoing commitment to upholding the competitive integrity of World of Warcraft PvP.Lore22 10 Oct
15 Nov Sick of assa rogues. There's too many in every BG. Metasheeping at its finest. Muh stunlock and DR spam and still kill everyone with Vendetta and dots. No brain required. Me make mistake? Me press vanish or blind. Oh I made another mistake by getting TOO CLOSE to AoE or got Dotted!, I'm destealth! Help! Better pick Subterfuge! :o Cool spec. Cool damage.Casseh9 15 Nov
15 Nov Can you lower the god damn damage in PVP? Start healing a guy at 70%, he dies BEFORE I CAN CAST A FLASH HEAL.Mindbox15 15 Nov
15 Nov max level bg cant release anyone else who plays bg in lvl 120 and cant release corpse when you have died?Tjockisjakt3 15 Nov
15 Nov How do you feel now about templates? Kind of curious what your thoughts are now. My opi would be: It wasn't a great system as it was but if you could tweek your stats I think it would far better than what we have nowMaerlin18 15 Nov
15 Nov Restro shamans They good for rated bgs or no?Ohbyru4 15 Nov
15 Nov Horde lose 1:4 This is my BG experience lately. It can't happen only to me. Say what you want.Jaguaryokota34 15 Nov
14 Nov The "Alterac Valley" Problem,Can It Be Fixed? First things first, I actually like this battleground, but finding I have not been enjoying it the last few months. I think it's safe to guess I'm not the only person feeling this way about the battleground at the moment. I know many people are sick of the playstyle that many Russian and premade groups use where they make choke points and farm honor kills. Rather than moan about them, does this battleground need changing to reduce the honor kill farm techniques that are making people slowly hate this battleground ? Let's try to keep it constructive and free of blaming these groups, let's try and look at what could be done by Blizzard to change this battleground or if there are any strategies that groups are missing.Xenions17 14 Nov
14 Nov BG - honour points I just finished a temple of Kotmogu. No death, 19 honorable kills - highest score as 5 other team members 1st horde healer 1 orb possesion from start to end - 2nd highest score on Victory points As a result I have 359 honour gained - I am the one before last of the wining faction. 8 team members have above 500 honour gained. I have no clue why my honour gained is nearly 30% lower than others. Are there any rational explanations to scoring system ?Toutankarton4 14 Nov
14 Nov how is bg community? nice to meet bad trolls who tries to insult you. ignores you so you cant write to them but they continue trying to 'insult' you. has it happened to anyone else? i especially love golag-quel'thalas and shockz-stormscale. well shockz more since he was abit more creativeTjockisjakt9 14 Nov
14 Nov Quick question about legacy PvP weapon sets Okay, so it costs 80 Marks of Honor to buy a complete legacy PvP weapon appearance set. My question is, does it matter which character I'm using to buy it? For example, if I do it with my druid, will I get the swords and axes, too?Lysende1 14 Nov
14 Nov Same language teams Can someone tell me why I consistently face teams in random BG's that are all from realms speaking the same language? It can be Russian realms (as it mostly is) or German realms, either way, they have a clear advantage. They all speak the same language! Why can't I select which language groups I wish to team with? I can or could block certain BG's so why not certain languages? For example, I play on an English speaking realm so when I queue for a random BG, why cant I play exclusively with players who only wish to play with others speaking the same language? I fell that my game play suffers terribly due to the fact that I am in teams where a minority of them speak the same language as myself, especially as I chose to play on an English speaking realm!Dairyproduce2 14 Nov
14 Nov Let Russians match with other Russians Remove them, we (me and a lot of other players) have lag because of them. Players should instant leave when they join a BG and see them. It will be good if they fight each other since there wont be any lag between them. THANKS.Pruciuxtia7 14 Nov
14 Nov Blizzard all you care is for is money ye? So GOD DAMN tired of handing you cash and you obviously dont give a !@#$, You never take a break and wonder why ppl leave this rat infested game? 23 min in Queue for a so called EPIC BG, Wohoo i come in 2 healers holy paly and disc priest and no tank this offcourse VS russians. Do you ppl really enjoy that %^-*ing mix? As you can imagine we have like no !@#$ing heals, holy pala with 1 aoe heal more or less and the disc. we failed hardcore after 10mins i leave due to its NOT %^-*ing playable and i get 15 min !@#$ timer for doing so. I have a family aswell you think i can spend all frigging day for a BG? 23mins wait 10mins of really WORTHLESS play 15min Deserter timer ---------------------------------------------- 48mins of %^-*ing horse !@#$ is what WoW game me today, I dont even dare to queue once more but for the post i did awsome down to 19mins queue maybe i get in at 21mins now then. Seriously shape the hell up, your queue system sucks donkey balls and tbh only pisses me off and makes me hate the game.Lifesavior7 14 Nov
13 Nov Losing all battle in a day! Today in this cursed Friday i have started from morning to win some battlegrounds and i won exp(meaningless honor). I have lost today from 15 battle all of them,sometimes i lost at only few points,sometimes at a long ride,but still counts as lost,so no conquest from battlegrounds for today. What the....it's going on?it's so damn hard to win one battle without losing another,is the terrain and the playstyle made to favourize horde, i am feeling like all the conquest and honor are there to bee picked up by horde and we just pray because someone intended to do with alliance to bee weak. Horde always receive an extra healer always have more healers then ally,or it's also about choosing people for same battle. Example: Alliance to get 5 people under 40 or 30 honor and horde 4 people with 500-600 honor,experience is speaking ,i have seen how sometimes i get in battlegrounds with low pvp only to demoralize the whole team while the horde get gladiators and all kind of rated pvpers ,only to have them for winning. Too many things are unfair in battlegrounds,but this is a problem that will force the alliance to join less and less battlegrounds,because it's frustrating to lose all the time,it makes you quit the battlegrounds for good. Remember : Without Alliance there will never bee horde battlegrounds.Ileador14 13 Nov
13 Nov Queue times again I know queueing for anything bigger than 5-man in the middle of the night is anything from 1 hour to next day. In legion and other previous expansions we could see a more real estimated queue time like 45 mins to 1 hour to unestimated queue time. In BfA: - At 2am I joined a queue for an epic bg. Expected queue time: 12 mins. - 45 mins later I switched to ally mercenary due to no luck on horde side. Expected queue time: 8 mins. 2 hours and 9 mins later: Expected queue time 8 mins (merc ally). Still no epic bg. This is like on the phone "You're no #1 in the queue and next in line. Please hold on" *music* for the next 3 hours. So don't you feel a little stupid, Blizzard? I feel you're pissing on my back. Pardon my french... Give me the real queue times back. Now.Multiproc6 13 Nov
13 Nov NO MORE RUSSIANS. THANKS. I don't want EVER again to be in a BG with a bunch of Russian players and have a foe down to 10% and can't kill him due to "OUT OF RANGE". You are simply ruining the already f**** up PvP experience to all of us.Moanah140 13 Nov
13 Nov 2018 btw Warriors, dh, rogues, rogues, rogues, rogues, rogues and rogues and...mmmm....rogues and more rogues. You have a great personality boys. Do you really enjoy playing what has more damage at the moment or what you see in the videos? because I see 6 rogues per bg, 4 warriors, things like that ... it's unfortunate the quality of game in bgs of legion / bfa. Enjoy cancer.Boostedrogue5 13 Nov
13 Nov Aspirant shoulders and breastplate Do these two items have any sort of requirement to drop? I haven't seen them once and I did a fair share of BGs and opened a handful of airdrops in warmode. I only want them for transmog really...and as Blizzard already said that we will not be able to buy these old sets as soon as the current season ends I rather farm them now then wait even longer.Rivelia4 13 Nov
13 Nov Battleground maps old enough Should refresh the bg maps, i think these old enough to revamp. Always same tactic on both side nothing more. Need some mission more capture base, moving/more object or something which improve the boring gameplay. (New textures and skin not solve this problem) + need seclude the spawn points, rouge dh ect earn easily and make spawnkill...Warkokk0 13 Nov
13 Nov Rank BG healers pls :) After years of healing raids, and getting slightly bored, Im looking in the direction of PvP. I have several healers leveled, so I would like your input on whos the better for BGs, and hopefully some personal opinions on why. 1: 2: 3: 4: 5: I like lists :)Betalex2 13 Nov
12 Nov IoC rewards victory to losing team Blizzard explain this one! Just got out of IoC where we turned a game around and won, but game says we lost... We were about to beat them on reinforcements after wiping them on our boss. They had 15ish reinforcements left, and then we breached their wall which seem to lose them 50 reinforcements, instantly landing them on -36. Score board pops up and says they WON. Game lasted 47 minutes. They did NOT kill our boss. Proof: check out reinforcements, lack of conquest reward and reaction in chat https://imgur.com/a/o4kYnySTamba5 12 Nov
12 Nov Implement penalties to people Who whine about healing and then run away from healers who are getting locked in place. Ban them from typing in chat. Ban them from BGs. Ban them from the game. MAKE THEM HAVE TO BE AWARE OF THEIR SURROUNDINGS BEFORE EVER STEPPING INTO GROUP CONTENT AGAIN.Mindbox2 12 Nov
12 Nov Reduce Honor for Honor Levels Like for real reduce it 8800 for 1 level they are like 500 honor levels by now it will take 1 zilion years to get it and also reduce the dmg on Demolishers on Isle of Conquest it 2 shots you!!!Blackforce3 12 Nov
11 Nov Looking for new Class for PvP content Hi guys! I'm not PvE player, because this type of content for me is just for Story, so not a fan of M+. I'm looking for DPS (and sometimes Heal maybe) class for PvP (really love BGs and want to try Arenas) and a bit of casual Raids. I've already tried Shaman (120), Priest (113), Monk (120). Shaman - I like the fantasy of this class but heal spec looks slow for BG and I just can't. Ele spec is so great for animations, but I fill really weak when playing him. Priest - currently I'm leveling him and it looks a lot of fun, but there is something that always makes me look for another class. Tryed a bit to heal with it and I'm confused with this playstyle :D Monk - nice heal spec. Tank/DPS - not my style My friend also let me play his Boomkin and it's great, cuz I really like this DoT damage and defenses that he has. Currently I'm looking for DK, Paladin, Druid. Any help? In every game I stick to characters that can have summons, have good aoe, some sort of DoT damage and good defence/heals. For example, in Diablo, I really like Crusaders and Necromancers. I'm sure, if DK had heal spec (no jokes about BDK pls), I would defently play him, but as far as I know, DK is not in the good state.Денззилшрум0 11 Nov
11 Nov Constructive thinking about Honor and Alterac Dear players and Blizzard, I play Warcraft from its beginnings, and i'm a fan of the Blizzard world. I would have many things to write, many of them positive, really. With this my first message, however, I want to make a constructive criticism towards the state of the PVP and specifically the epic battlegrounds and honor points. I play for the Alliance from the first day, for a sense of belonging and lover of the Alliance Lore. But I do not think I'm a fanboy, I respect the other faction and I never attacked a horde below my level or once dead. I love the pvp. Warmode always active, I like leading the battlegrounds and fighting in Alterac Valley. In BfA there are some things that should, in my opinion, be improved. I hope to receive constructive answers and not to read messages not related to the discussion, thanks in advance. The situation of the conquest points, normal bg, quest warmode, is good, I like how you get the conquest gear and the variety of bg for 10/15 people. Normal Bg in which you enter quickly and the percentage of wins is balanced between the two factions. The wrong notes, however, are the follows: 1) honor points: completely useless. I do not even notice receiving them. If they disappeared from the game, nothing would change. Is it so wrong to think of having a prize progression as for the conquest? Example: every 500 conquest a piece of gear 355, every 3000 honor (because it accumulates much faster) a piece of gear 340. Pieces of gear honor for every specialization of your character (i play retribution, but the 340 could happen to me also holy or protection). In my opinion it would be much more stimulating to continue doing bg after the first daily win, and try new specializations. 2) Alterac Valley: My God. What happened to this incredible and historic battlefield? In spite of what we read in various interviews, the reality is that now it has turned into meaningless BG. 90% of the time (and I play so many, the stat you have) the horde faction (and be clear, it is not their "fault") is massed all (30-35 characters out of 40) close to the bottleneck tower / graveyard IB. Impossible to go forward. Because they are just a few meters away from gy, we are far away. Impossible stealing the gy, 'cause it's a bottleneck subject to aoe damage. It is not a "fault" of the horde players, they simply understood how to use a battlefield flaw. In fact, the great majority of games end with all Alliance Towers up, Balinda alive and Dun Baldar as quiet as Christmas evening. Our resources simply end. Inevitably before the horde ones, because we are being forced to move from that one narrow space. Yesterday, the last AV I made, about 80 alliance players, during 40 minutes of useless battle, left before the end. 80! Better 15 minutes of deserter than 30 against a bottleneck. Notice: the problem is not the duration of the bg, years ago lasted 1 hour or more. Objectively, for the Horde, what sense today have burn the towers, Balinda and Dun Baldar? No one. So it means that we have a problem in the gameplay. We have lost over the years some historical elements of this beautiful battleground, please do not completely distort it. As things stand now, you could take away every Towers and Captains and leave us 40vs40 alone on the snowy field. But this is not Alterac. Solutions? A) change the map near the bottleneck? (after all, the Aliance narrow is much further north) B) to win the battle it is mandatory to kill the opponent captain? C) to win the battle it is mandatory to occupy the opposing base? D) to enter the opposing base we must open a "big gate" and this will come down only by burning first two towers? Possibilities there can be many and all enhance the experience. Today AV is no longer AV. I hope I have been helpful, thank you for your attention. DúnedainDúnedain1 11 Nov
11 Nov Battlegrounds: expectations vs reality Pre-120 lvl experience Preparation Expecation: Im just gonna queue up, since it's not about eq but the skill you've got. Reality: BiS items on your level, potions, food + 40 other consumables from star wars - total cost ~ several millions of gold. Gameplay Expectations: Tactics, fair gameplay, much fun, respect. Reality: Raid boss warrior leaps into our group throwing an explosive something from star wars that takes 90% of every guy in the battleground. Gets killed after a minute long 1vs10 unfair (for us) pvp, meanwhile /spit on everyone he kills. What's next on a menu? God-like disc priest. Bet my !@# that he's got all the power Sargeras has. If you don't 30s chain cc him, don't even bother to scratch him with your pityful numbers you call "damage", as he'll just /laugh at you. And so on, and so on. Dunno whos idea was it to make PVP gear based, but he's probably mentally disabled or delusional. Open world PVP - fine, let the whiners have it... but Instanced pvp? MA GAWD <facepalm>Oblech5 11 Nov
11 Nov random bgs with premade russian groups you cannot win if you see them. stop big premade groups cos its ruining the game. plus i think most of them are cheating. seeing one of the slowests classes in the game out run a dh is not normalScubahunta36 11 Nov
11 Nov Sp skill Blizzard u can buff sp, ok. But pls...PLS no more dog!@#$ cc okay? Holy fck, randoms backpedalers doing 929283838383929119202939 random cc. Jesus buy hands. I also want my fear not to break with the damage. Sons of %^-*!es...Kléy0 11 Nov
10 Nov Disc Priests - Sort them out They're far too OP and tanky at the moment, they're like the gods of healers. Is anything going to happen to them or are they going to stay broken?Versorius14 10 Nov
10 Nov Why am I still getting fish when I win a BG? As title. Can we get some proper rewards, please? PS: return PvP gear vendors and kill RNG.Obilot8 10 Nov
10 Nov rbg 1.5 mmr fighting 2k teams all day being 1.5 mmr fight boosted rbg 2k teams 5 in row will this ever get fixed ?Diåblõ4 10 Nov
10 Nov Twinking Why do some people twink? Is it because they are REALLY bad pvpers at max level? or Is it because they are worthless members of society and the only way to feel good about themselves is by killing regular players?Kipam5 10 Nov
10 Nov WSG and AB remastered & new brawl I would rather have two new bgs than a remaster. Better than nothing I guess. YOU CAN NOW PLAY AGAINST AI BOTS AT AB BRAWL (Arathi Comp Stomp) HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I guess real players must be too intimidating for roleplayersZetioun6 10 Nov
10 Nov Battlemaster Achive unobtainable I know there are threads on this before BfA release. Now that BfA is released and Strand of the Ancients BG is removed, the Master of SotA achive on the Battlemaster achieve should be removed.. but it isn't. Master of SotA is still a requirement in order to get Battlemaster achievement and when clicking on that part on Battlemaster it just brings you to Legacy, PvP tab. Is this gonna get removed from Battlemaster achievement or are we gonna see Battlemaster be unobtainable for real?Tòràk1 10 Nov
09 Nov Exclude maps! Was told to ask this question here and not in General! Why can't we exclude maps which we do not wanna play in battlegrounds? There are 4 that I really hate to play.Legíonella1 09 Nov
09 Nov 29 Twink PVP (BG and arena) guild recruiting. Guild name: TwoShot Realm: Outland EU Faction: Horde TwoShot is a level 29 Twink guild for horde players alike, we are recruiting any and all players for the 20-29 bracket and will try to help the newer players in this bracket. We will be running daily premade Bg's aswell as dungeon runs to farm gear to ensure that our guild members have the biggest advantage. We are aiming to become the biggest 29 twink guild on the server, and eventually on EU. We are slowly filling our guildbank with consumables for players to increase the skillgap in the 20-29 bracket pvp. TLDR ○ We are an Horde based guild on the server Outland. ○ We will be running daily premade Bg's to farm honor and gear from lootboxes. ○ Help and support will be avaliable to both new and experienced players via dungeons and consumables. ○ Players with both experience in the 20-29 bracket and players without expereince are welcome. ○ We have high levels in the guild that can help with dungeon boosting, and the northerend frag belt enchant. - *If you are interested in joining our guild, or just interested in doing some battlegrounds/arena's in this bracket, please contact me on Battle.net. I will be checking these constantly and hope to see you all soon! GM-Jonzie#2734 Officer-ads#2640Lukebtw0 09 Nov
09 Nov Looking For 10v10 BG Team for Rated PvP Hi all, my names Mahir, I and a paladin friend of mine are trying to get rank 1400+ in rated PvP so we can get that lovely hippo mount, we require a team to help with this and would enjoy the challenge that comes with the rank, we are hard workers and are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to achieve the rank required and beyond. If you are willing to help us please content me via Battle Net Mahir#2313 I know it might be allot to ask, and truth be told I’m still learning how to PvP, or at least not suck too much. Thank you in advance and please be nice! Kind regards, MahirMahír1 09 Nov
09 Nov What gear to use Warlord's trophy on? So I was surprised to see that this week we don't actually get a piece of gear from the conquest thing, but an item that upgrades one of the Dread Gladiator stuff to ilvl 370. This is fine and dandy, but because of the RNG nature of the game I have no idea what should I use it on. I mean, I'd hate to use it on something, and soon after that, getting another 370 gear piece from the warfront or the world quest, which for some reason give 370 gear also for far less work. Is there a slot which is more worth it? Since world quests can give 370 azerite gear, and not the others, I assume I shouldn't use the Warlord's trophy on Azerite gear, but what about the rest? Is there anything we can't get from warfronts, for example?Lysende4 09 Nov
09 Nov Ban Premades from Random BGs As the title says. I think people making premades to go into random Battlegrounds should be stopped. Simple reason is that it ruins PvP casual battlegrounds for the casual players. I enjoy doing Bg's but im not the most social player in the world and dont have the capabilities to gather a group to do this together with so good thing for me there is the randsom battlegrounds where you can que up solo and get to do some PvP. Now i understand you cant win every game nor do i expect this to happen, i dont get upset when i lose either. However what does upset me is when i continually run into premade groups in the random battlegrounds. This varies from complete premades , which im sorry to say is almost 99% of the time with Russians, who other than having a premade army hardly do the bare minimum to secure their victory only to waste the remaining time grinding out the opposite team for honor kills to the point that you are so demotivated that you never want to play a random battleground in your life again. Other times it also happens you get premade groups that are not made up of a full premade but lets say for example in Warsong Gulch that 7/10 enemy players are from a premade group. Once again it leads to the same problem, your stuck facing a enemy who is used to playing as a single unit and there is just no one of beating them. Because face it when youre team consists of 10 random players fighting again 7 to 10 players who regurlarly play together you are at a extreme disadvantage. My suggestion therefore is that when you que to random battleground you can only have a maximum of 3 people in your group. This way you can still play together with some friends and it doesnt create a unfair advantage to the enemy team. If you want to do a premade its fine, but this is what Rated Battlegrounds have been designed for. But it just feels that these people keep crushing random battleground with premades because they dont want competition, they just want to crush a team which is made up of random players, most of which are casuals with low tier gear or pvp skill.Völlund242 09 Nov
09 Nov Sup with the queue times? 15 minutes for a normal BG 20 minutes for an epic BG I'm fine with waiting a couple of minutes but damn. inb4 vanilla q timesDeluxo11 09 Nov
08 Nov Isle of Conquest cannons bugging out I've noticed when playing Isle of Conquest that, after a while; vehicle turrets(both on towers, vehicles, glaive throwers, airship cannons) will cease to function. As in I can enter them, press the fire button; have it flash and activate the GCD, but nothing actually happens. This usually happens a bit after the halfway mark in long games rather consistently. In short games it never happens. When it happens, the bug is permanent until the game itself ends. Has anyone had similar experiences? And if so, how did you solve it?Menhuun1 08 Nov
08 Nov Some thoughts on gear in PvP TL:DR This is just a thread discussing what I've heard about whether or not and how much gear matters in PvP and how it might be possible to work out precisely how much enhancements matter in PvP. If you know the answer to this already, please share. Details I've been thinking a bit about what I've heard about whether or not and how much gear matters in PvP and here are my thoughts. Firstly, I watched a video in which the author comments on tests people have made on this by getting someone into a group and then using a given damage ability. Both players report the number they see on their screen. The numbers are not the same and the lower the ilvl of the character on the receiving end of the damage, the lower the damage, so clearly there is some scaling of gear in PvP (or more likely scaling of damage). Now the author of the video goes on to say that it isn't that gear doesn't matter, but that it doesn't matter as much as it does in PvE. The reasons it matters at all, he says are 1. The stats of the gear itself are not actually changed (it's the damage that is changed) and so enhancements are not scaled down. As such, higher ilvl gear will have better enhancements and so a player with higher ilvl will have greater damage potential. For example, a player that uses Crit will have higher Crit and so their abilities will Crit more often, thus increasing dps; 2. A player who stacks Azerite traits will have the benefit of these traits and so this also means gear matters in PvP in that a player with stacked traits will be able to do more dps than a player who doesn't, all else being equal; 3. Healing is not affected by the ilvl of the recipient and so gear matters way more for healers than for dps. Now one thought about this is how this affects the stats page in a bg. If the dmg done depends on the ilvl of the player attacked then, theoretically at least, the reason that players A's dmg is less than player B's could be, at least in part, due to the fact that, on average, they may have been attacking players with lower ilvl gear. This is not that important to me, but I thought I'd mention it. On average though, I think one would expect the ilvl of players attacked to be fairly similar for all players, so I think this is a minor point. More importantly I was thinking about how to find out more about how damage scales in PvP. If the author of the above video is correct, then it seems straight forward to establish how much crit matters in PvP. Let's compare players with 40 and 35% crit. Suppose players do 100k damage before crit is applied. Then they do 135k and 140k in total. Thus the 2nd player does 140/135 = 28/27 times the damage of the first, so they do 1/27 = roughly 3.7% more damage. Now what about Haste? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a player with 5% more Haste will do dmg 5% quicker and therefore do 5% more dmg. Fairly easy. What about Versa though? This just increases damage, but we have seen that damage is scaled down, so the question we need to answer is whether or not this scaling is applied before or after the Versa increase is applied. It might be possible to check this by testing with players again (ideally with players who have all stats the same apart from Versa, but even if they don't, it might be possible to work it out by first calculating the supposed effect of other enhancements and then deducing the affect of Versa from the numbers observed and calculations for the other enhancements). Mastery should be similar to Versa. Now there may be complications, i.e. Crit may increase the dmg of Fire mages more than other class/specs and I'm not saying I will try and perform these tests, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. of course Blizzard could just clarify how all this works, which would be nice. Anyway, feel free to comment and discuss.Yeshuagave2 08 Nov
08 Nov What benefit underlies BGs at this point? Spamming battlegrounds is by far one of the best things about World of Warcraft. I could certainly understand it not rewarding high-end gear seeing as how anybody could participate in them regardless of qualification, but bringing such a great part of the game to the point where it's so ridiculously disproportionate in terms of reward (8 CP per win after the daily for an over-half-hour affair, which isn't even worth it for the first win granting 40) relative to other activities just seems maddeningly unreasonable to me. The least battlegrounds could do is serve as a platform that's used to quickly and casually cap conquest for those who like to lock themselves into a certain rating and only get one rated win in their bracket every week for the PvP chest, but being as useless as they are, literally nobody queues to play them and as a result, the queues are unbearably long. Why miss out on such an incredible feature? Could this be clarified to me, perhaps, by a representative?Qoeu5 08 Nov
07 Nov Season 1 PVP gear Anyone know if once season 1 ends will we still be able to buy the transmog from season 1 as usual for most other expansions?Linkx0 07 Nov
07 Nov make Rated bgs draw if its even mkay? if a wsg ends 0/0 - 1/1 - 2/2 make it a draw cant be real its the guys that get the last flag, pretty stupid, same with Twin Peaks, what is the idea with letting them win even when its a draw?.Dropsteps0 07 Nov