Battlegrounds

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
16 Apr Prestige Guide: Rewards and Advice After many weeks of playing legion, some people still have no idea about the possible prestige rewards. Therefore I am making a detailed list of the prestige rewards. After this list, I will say something about the possibilities to farm honor. If anyone has something to add (or change), please reply to this thread. Rewards: An honor level will reward you with new honor talents, gold (normally 200 gold and 2000 gold between honor level 48-49) and artifact power. These are the basic rewards. The prestige rewards will follow below. Prestige 0+50 rewards the alliance enthusiast. It is a companion and it can use emotes such as "Alliance enthusiast admires you". If you want to know how it looks, click the following link: http://imgur.com/a/CtII0. You will also receive the achievement Top Honors (10 achievement points). As a side note: since a recent hotfix we no longer use a ‘’prestige button’’. Therefore you instantly jump to the next prestige once you achieve honor level (x+)50. That is why prestige 0+50 and prestige 1 are pretty much the same now. However, you will still notice the difference at 17+50, because prestige 1 has not been released yet. Prestige 1+0 rewards your first badge. If you want to look how your badge looks like (and the other badges), use the following link: http://imgur.com/a/eKoaz. You can find this badge next to your characters portrait. Prestige 1 also rewards you with the achievement First Step into a Larger World (10 achievement points). Prestige 1+50 rewards The Victor’s Spoils. This is an artifact skin. If you want to find out how it looks, check out this link: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/balance/AvbTI7A. Select your class, specialization and check out the fourth weapon and the first skin. The other three skins are for higher prestige levels. This reward is part of an achievement: Fighting With Style: War-Torn. You will also receive the achievement The Prestige (10 achievement points). Prestige 2+0 rewards your second badge. It also rewards you with the achievement Here We Go Again (10 achievement points). Prestige 2+50 rewards an honorable pennant. If you want to know how it looks, check out this link: http://imgur.com/a/ci2ZB. Prestige 3+0 rewards your third badge. It also gives you with the achievement Third Time’s The Charm (10 achievement points). Prestige 3+50 rewards you with a mount: the prestigious bronze courser. If you want to know how it looks, check out the following link: http://imgur.com/a/movsQ. Prestige 4+0 rewards your fourth badge. It also gives you the achievement For Prestige (10 achievement points). Prestige 4+50 rewards you with the title ‘the Honorable (name)’. This was the final prestige rank for legion season one. Since season two there are 4 new prestige ranks. Prestige 5+0 rewards your fifth badge. It also gives you the achievement Alive for Five (10 achievement points). Prestige 5+50 rewards you with a crest of heroism. This is your second artifact skin from prestige. It is also part of the achievement Fighting With Style: War-Torn. Prestige 6+0 rewards you with your sixth badge. It also gives you the achievement The River Six (10 achievement points). Prestige 6+50 rewards you with the dutiful squire. It is a companion and it makes a (very annoying) sound when you summon it. If you want to know how it looks like, click the following link: http://imgur.com/a/8Qt0T. Prestige 7+0 rewards you with your seventh badge. It also gives you the achievement Slayin’ to Seven (10 achievement points). Prestige 7+50 rewards you with the prestigious pennant. This item looks exactly the same as the honorable pennant and it has the same buff as the honorable pennant. I still hope this is a bug, because it is very disappointing right now. Prestige 8+0 rewards you with your eighth badge. It also gives you the achievement Don’t Hate, Grind to Eight (10 achievement points). Prestige 8+50 rewards you with the ivory prestigious courser. If you want to know how it looks, check out the following link: http://imgur.com/a/wetmx. This is the final prestige rank for legion season 2. Prestige 9+0 rewards you with your ninth badge. If you want to know how it looks, check out this link: http://imgur.com/a/aMEdK. You will also receive the achievement Hell, It's About Nine (10 achievement points) Prestige 9+50 rewards you with the title ‘The Prestigious (name)’. This is the final prestige rank for legion season two. Unfortunately, this reward is bugged and it is not possible to use this title. EDIT: blizzard has posted a list of the new prestige rewards (up to prestige 17). Therefore I will simply show the link instead of updating this list: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20732235/pvp-rewarding-prestigeGlamía23 16 Apr
3h Any plans to reduce number of pets? It's absurd to have your screen filled with pets nameplates, drowning out players nameplates. Any plans to actually reduce the number of pets in BGs?Mindbox9 3h
3h Why only the 10v10 BG's appear in random? I miss Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, etc. :( I can understand why Alterac Valley for example is never done, because most players probably block it in their selection, but they can't block ALL battlegrounds with many players... It's fun to play BG's after 11 years (last played in TBC), and I think it's good that you have way more HP now compared to damage, and I even like the fact that kills don't give you rewards so you can focus on the missions... But man, are the same few BG's getting boring. (Also, the fact that the losing team gets nothing, except for XP is not something I am fond of)Lysende1 3h
7h New viable tanks BFA? Or only DH again. In BFA... i really wonder, tanks in PvP currently are so badly designed on so many levelsRaznys1 7h
11h Make throwing a BG A bannable offense. Have a lot more points than horde so we can win with just one, lose WW; "Guys, we can win with just LH, all defend LH" What happens? 8 people run to WW. We lose LH.Thyx4 11h
13h Tarren Mill Brawl permanent pls! Please add this weeks brawl to the game permanently! with the hk farmers having their perfect playground, there are no more hk farm premades in av/ioc and the quality of the random bgs has increased a lot with all zergers being busy playing brawls!Spack11 13h
16h Random BG Queue Without Healers I've just had a bg with no healers on either side and I honestly found it way more amusing than the opposite. Does anyone else wish there was a separate queue (maybe even a temporary brawl) where people cannot queue as healers? Possibly not even as tanks. Most of the games have about two healers on both sides so when you collide with the enemy there's usually a snooze fest where you're just hitting a brick wall. You are then forced to coordinate with other dpsers and zerg down one of the healers and I really feel it is way more strategic when there are dpsers only. This way it's not about quickly dishing out your damage in order to take them out during the burst window, but instead you'd take time to kite, cc, even fall back a little bit to eat, use offheals etc. Anyone else feel the same? I mean healing is perfectly fine in arenas and rated stuff, but at least having a temporary option to play random BGs with dpsers only would give people the taste for something a bit different (and a lot more interesting and strategic in my opinion).Thornyel18 16h
1d Pvp..how is it enjoyed? So..i decided to try pvp again after a while of not even dare touching it. The first thing i experience...i get destroyed by a discipline priest, who seem to be more dps than actual dps...then i get repeatedly hounded by some rogue and some warriors... Yeah i think i'll lay pvp to rest once again, how can anyone enjoy this? is there something i'm missing?Liannia18 1d
1d Enjoyable pvp story episode 1 Playing my pirate rogue, that I hadn't played in months (e.g. I am not good). I got thrown into Twin Peaks, down 0-1, with 2 minutes left in game. Both teams already had opposing flags across the map when I spawned into the game. Around 7+ of my team were already on the offensive, so I thought for a moment, 'hmm, defend, or just ride forward??' Knowing the defending is often playing to lose, I just rode forward. With each stride of my mount, our soldiers were falling. By the time I was across, our forces were all dead. I immediately stealthed, going straight down the middle, then immediately up the ramp, since I anticipated they would be pitched up there on the balcony. As time was winding down, around 20 seconds by now, as I was passing my fallen comrades corpses, and 7-8 enemy players defending, I knew there was no time for waiting or elaborate planning. I had to strike, and it was all falling into place. With each step forward that I took, I saw the enemy team, dispersing, moving towards where I had entered, away from their DH tank flag carrier. I though to myself, I got a chance! 13 stacks! He still had 2 in his line, but they were not on top of him. Pop! 1. Plunder armor 2. Cloak of shadows, riposte. 3. Burst! 4. Click flag 1-1 5. I Died. Last five seconds of game expire. We win!!!!Jalisco0 1d
1d SotA achievement stack Alright, cheers for this awful bg to be removed! Now my last struggle is to get those 100 wins.. So, I got 84 wins on my ally, and 44 wins on my horde.. Any chance of these to stack when BFA hits, so I can get my deserved 100 wins? I've spend 2 evenings now with 5 hours of gameplay each, only to go from 78 to 84 wins on my ally... yes the struggle is real. Please bliz <3Banderaaz0 1d
1d Stop crying about russians. Pin This, ty. Its pathetic, its useless and its absolutely baseless. Full group of russians = Not a premade. Okay? Good. 10 man group of russians that run into your group when you try to run past = NOT a premade. Not unfair. Its a clever strategy. Russians wipe your group? = Not laghack. Not some super pro dota bot. Not cheats. They are just better or you are bad or your teammates are. 40 man russians camp at Galvangar on horde = Not bots. Not exploit. Not unfair. Its smart. If you run into them as alliance and begin feeding you're brainless and should begin thinking like a human being. 40 man russians recap as alliance whilst horde zergs north, leaving 1 dude to defend towers = Not bots. Not lag hackers. not cheaters. They play well and do the smart thing. If you wont play well you'll lose for being bad or your team is having zero proper communication at all. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5 man russian premade in Warsong Gulch Scenario INCORRECT reaction = Omfg. GG WP. its over. Let them win. They are russians :DDD GIve up. They are cheating and lagging. Look at their movement. Totally bots. Totally. Omg. CORRECT reaction = Whatever. Kill healers. help Flag carrier get back, kill EFC, CC healers, do proper damage and we'll win. GG WP. The EU casual pvp playerbase is infested with misinformation and crying. For a very long time its been these 2 examples Nr 1: horde always loses / Alliance always loses. Nr 2: Ally only win AV. Horde sucks because Balinda. Its monumentally idiotic and does nada but spread misinformation and demoralize the group. If people recap and communicate. Cap mines, assist in defence horde has every bit the same chance in winning as alliance. Problem is noobs zerg rush and pray to Green Jesus theyll be successful. STOP IT. use your brains. I'm astronomically sick to death of queueing for a BG and fight whoever. Only to see a russian group and immediately begin tapping my foot, waiting for some dude to begin crying and making excuses how he's getting absolutely massacred ... NOT because he's bad... but because the russians are always using cheap tricks and such. Its so dumb. And Blizz ain't fixing anything because they know its bull!@#$ that people whine about how russians are being the Anti-Christ. Are there cheaters? Sure. On EU side too. Many. That doesn't mean all russians or germans are these pro super cheating teams. It means you think they are... and then you get scared. You begin thinking its all pointless. And then you give up and lose the match. Stop it... grow a spine and begin communicating with your team, work together, kill healers, chase EFC, stop pointless midfighting hitting the WRONG target. Whoever does this, premade or not WINS THE MATCH. Its that simple. And last note. If you cry about laghack and whatever in a 40v40 scenario when you actively rush into a camping 40 man russian horde group at Galvangar, you're only asking for lag to happen. Its been like this since 2005 and it still to in AV, IOC and Tarren MIll vs Southshore scenario. Blame blizz for the lag. Not the russians. The end. Stop complaining and demoralizing groups. Im sick to death of your excuses. Same goes to horde groups in AV. Stop complaining and begin to recap.Hellscreãm35 1d
1d Gj matchmaking YEEAHHHHH...5 healers vs 0 healers in WSG! Thats like -50 %! The other day we had 12 vs 4 healers in AV - how is that even possible?? What a great matchmaking system!Scumbanana3 1d
1d DH abusing TWIN PEAKS I am sick of these russians rly they are abusing every single rbg!Please do something about this.I have pictures to prove if some gm contact me!Unclëfëstër3 1d
1d Ban russian premades from BG's Thx Blizzard. PS : stop ignoring EU players.Twinkle28 1d
2d Report name is ridiculous Hello! I'm a ganker, and I gank quite a lot in STV on my resto druid name of Trolltreepig, but people keep reporting name no matter what I choose and this is the 7th time in about 2 weeks where I get forced a name change. Could an employee at Blizzard answer me as to why this system seems to be automated? Trolltreepig is not offensive in any way, it's readable, I don't see how this breaks any rules.Littstygg26 2d
2d 1v1 PVP Balance,Strongest 1v1 Okay ladies and gentleman what I wish to ask here is wow 1v1 pvp balanced at all? Or are there certain counterclasses that you can not beat.Given ofc that both of the players are same skill level and geared the same. For me actually 1v1 pvp is very important beacause I like to role play with my character and want to be the strongest in the game,now ofc im not the best and I don't mind losing to higher skilled players in that case I just say to myself il learn from this and get better. But what happens when you lose to a player for example of a lower skill level just because his spec counters yours so badly? Thats basicly a huge downer for me,almost enough to stop playing wow altogether. So what is your opinion on wow 1v1 pvp balance we can call it Duel,open world pvp or in bg when you are left 1v1 with some player? Do all classes stand chance against everything else,is it all skill level ?Or are there situations where no matter how good you are,you are just countered? IF that is true then do you see any class being able to 1v1 every other class.When I say this I mean just to have a fair chance of winning to all other specs or is there always a spec that can counter you? What do you think of this situation,I belive blizzard should fix counter play classes and give everyone fair duel chances that relly on skill not "HA my class eats you"...Brokensoul5 2d
2d Templates in BFA / 8.0 Hello everyone, I've watched several YouTube videos that demonstrated that templates remain in BFA. However, i have not seen definitive proof that enchants / gems etc work or do not work. I usually stay very up to date on my WoW news, but apparently I've misunderstood some prior information. Does anyone have a character on the PTR already and can test if there are any changes to the current way templates work? Does principles of war still work exactly the same way? Here is one of the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeA3dJWD1Ok He shows how his mastery drops from 30% to 9% as soon as he attacks the PVP target dummyKantaze6 2d
2d New PVP Idea - Cities Hi all, So this is a comment I saw on US server and thought...what a great idea. Is this something that the EU community would play? City PVP Battlegrounds - Horde vs Alliance, Horde vs Horde, Alliance vs Alliance matchup's - Randomised Concept Teams of 20 or 30 or 40 players attack the same city to claim it as a bonus PVP questing hub with unique PVP rewards. Both teams start at the main entrance gates, alleviating the "oh but their route to the flag" or whatever excuse people come up with, and battle it out to gain entry into the city first. Thereafter all, and I mean ALL buildings in the city must be captured by one team. (Every building that can be entered at least). Inside the building is a flag (or whatever suits your fancy) that must be capped similar to the towers in AV and must be controlled for a limited time amount, once your team has capped it for that time period it gets flagged as a score point/resource/buff (or all of the above..or uhmm... left) to boost your team to victory. Once the city has been won by your team, the 20/30/40 players who were in your team has a access portal to that city for a week or month (dependent on quest requirements) to gain access to quests that must be completed in normal PVP (arena/BG's etc), world PVP for exclusive gear, mounts, titles transmogs etc that still does not compete with rated PVP rewards but is a nice to have. Achievements can be similar to "For The Horde" with drilled down achievements like capping 100 buildings etc. No NPC boss, no tanks or healers (well this can be debated) just pure PVP. I would even go so far as to say no CC's, stuns or any ability that can de-activate an enemy should be disabled. Just damage output and glorius deaths! *Note: Well the last paragraph is just me dreaming:)Avaè3 2d
2d Brawls are complete !@#$ What a pointless experience a 'Brawl' Is. Most people get about 20fps and if you not a warlock or a dot range champ its utterly boring... even more so for melee. Trash.Loonsta17 2d
2d 10game played 10defeat as alliance It was probably my fault every single time because i can't share informations with my teammate because i'm silenced it was also the case for every single one of my team mates that never shared a single !@#$ing information tooAdelphine5 2d
3d Battlemaster achievement and title Everybody knows that cometh BfA the beloved BG known as "Strand of the Ancients" is going to retire (rip) and more that likely "Master of Strand of the Ancients" and all related achievements will become FoS. What's going to happen to "Battlemaster" achievement and title tho? One of its requirements is "Master of Strand of the Ancients" so what's going on?Gazzuso4 3d
3d DH Flag bugging in Twin Peaks So what are you going to do about retarded DH double jump bugging flag in Twin Peaks?Spikorevival1 3d
3d Do Hunters have a counter class? I guess there is no melee (DH maybe?) who can 1 vs 1 a BM or MM Hunter (kiting abilities are just insane), but what about casters? Any caster who can 1 vs 1 a Hunter? Warlock maybe?Animron19 3d
3d BFA an opportunity to tackle AFKERs/Leavers BFA needs a more robust system against the most selfish, useless players that exist - leavers and afkers. We've all heard the nonsense excuses before - "other players are bad" "pointless to waste time" "what if blah blah". All of it is only ever designed to excuse their own selfishness, uselessness and the fact that they leech of other players and make it impossible to make comebacks.Jimbot0 3d
3d LF teams or friends for rbgs So finally decided to do in this toon 3v3 2200, want to learn more in ratted battlegrounds cr 1800. Have discord and voice also straight hands, so looking any viable mature company. Add me martynas#2121Nympuke6 3d
4d russian premade "problem" solved. sorta after talking to a gm today, it seems the reason we always see russian premades is because teams are all made up from the same language server. either, english, french, german, spanish, russian or italian. now i believe i read somewhere that italian and spanish are mixed in with english. so why cant this be done with the other 3 language servers? though i have never seen a german or french premade. so they are not always "premades". blizz just takes them all from the same language server. though sometimes they may be a team of 5 from the same server/guild.Vintoleth9 4d
4d Russian invasion on EU servers ??? Since 2-3 days, there is an insane amount of russians in random battlegrounds. Today, on 20 BG, 17 were against russians (16 defeats). What is happening ?Twinkle9 4d
4d Honor level 400 reward is... In BfA, for grinding 400 honor levels you get... A BATTLE PET!!! Honor Player vs. Player Honor Level 400 Reach Honor Level 400. 10 points. Account Wide. . Pet Reward: Vicious Crustacean Combatant. 10 points. Account Wide. Blizzard didn't listen to us. We asked for better rewards and they give us battle pets...Subtleknife4 4d
4d Random BG rotation?? Why does there seem to be no rotation to queueing up for a random bg. I get temple of kotmogu so many times I'm sick of it and if I queue up with a group of friends we get temple of kotmogu 5,6,7 times in a row. Not to mention silvershard mines.... It’s bad! The original bg's were the best! I never get sick of those. We should get those more and these new ones less. Sorry, just a rant. But is there no way to do some kind of rotation so u don't get the same one over and over and over? :cSophiã2 4d
5d ideas to make pvp better? AS THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION, this is related to random bgs. 1) if you leave a bg you get a longer debuff, even maybe a day. this does not apply if you afk. real like stuff happens. 2) honor is not awarded until the end of the game. this way if you leave before the end, you get 0 honor. 3) if you join a team late, say, after 5 mins have expired, or 50% of the objective is done, you get a small bonus, maybe 5% bonus honor. 4) remove ally bonus honor. it is silly now that they have had it constantly since whenever it was introduced. if it hasn't "helped them get into pvp" by now, it never will. 5) review how honor is calculated. ally can lose and still get the same, or more honor as the winning horde team. i have only noticed this once where they get more. horde lost p1 of SotA, but defended all of P2 and ALL of the ally team, except 1, got more honor than the horde. i know part of this is due to the bonus honor, but still, how can you get more for losing?!? 6) certain maps where one team has an advantage, like ally in AV, just move back the start gates. you dont mess with the map, but can make it fairer. 7) mix players. no players all from 1 language server ever again. 8) review all abilities, perma stun/slow is just a pain. this coming from a class that relys on perma stuns to kill most things!! same with increased speed abilities like pala/dk passive. 9) if a team outnumbers the other, the last player to enter on the team with the greater number gets a debuff that freezes them. they cant move, act, or be damaged. also, give them a visual like the tank buff in Argus, where they grow very large and shiny, so people know he is not attackable. 10) balance healers. if a team outnumbers another with healers, a vote ui comes up to let them select which healer has to change to dps. or, just force change the last healer to join to become a dps. 11) i dont know if there is a bot problem in randoms? if so, this needs to be looked at. 13) make a "proving ground" for each bg. i know this will not be liked, i HATED having to do proving grounds for each alt in WoD but some people really do not seem to know what to do in a bg. make retroactive exemptions though, like if you have done the "win 100 of X bg" achiev, or you have a rated bg achiev, or something like that. 14) give rewards that reward pvpers, but do not flood bg's with pver's that are "forced" to do it for whatever reason like bonus waking essence, or AP or such like. also make it so that high end raiders cant flatten pvpers by having mythic gear. BUT also pvp gear needs to be viable in pve, at least to a degree. obviously "balance" the classes, but thats nigh impossible now. any other ideas?Vintoleth15 5d
5d No premades in random BGs I love my casual random BG but russian premades are destroying all the fun of it. Or allow only max 3 players in a group for random BG's so people can still play together or just qeue up groups with others groups only... It's so simple...Lasona50 5d
5d WE WANT RANKED SOLO QUEUES! Enough said! I'm sick of spending half of my gametime to look for mates ! This is removing all the fun of the game and it made me quit 3 times! Please Blizzard ! Add a ranked solo queue for BGs with rating!Jazzjin11 5d
5d A really thought through forum post Tried to post about Southshore here but since Blizzard can't get their lazy asses to fix the forums it got deleted when I posted it so now I'm just writing this in anger. Don't send people into a losing Southshore Brawls, Blizzard. I have really good arguments as to why you should not do it. Since you just went ahead and deleted my post you're just gonna have to trust me I have a lot of compelling arguments. Don't send people into losing Southshore Brawls. Do not send people into losing Southshore Brawls. Don't !@#$ing delete this post like you did the last one I made. Do not delete this %^-*ing post you have used your quota of deleting posts on one that was mild mannered and polite so don't !@#$ign touch this. Do not send people into losing Southshore Brawls. Just don't do it. Do not. Don't.Sinvara0 5d
5d 2400+ mmr Rbg exploit https://imgur.com/a/4hAxUJb Demon hunter on the mountain outside of the map. lost 2 times against this team at 2400 mmr . 00:09 8/6/18 Warsong Gulch -11 00:54 8/6/18 Twin Peaks -14 -25 points total.Stormenson4 5d
6d Tutorial to teach your players how to PVP Blizz. Stop being apathetic and letting players figure stuff out themselves. Begin treating your players for what most are = Noobs that dont do rated PVP, normal or heroic raiding let alone mythic, nor high mythic +. I'm sick to death of entering battlegrounds and seeing the following: 8 players vs 8 players. All hitting the wrong targets. Dps nuking DPS, healers are freecasting. Nothing happens. Whilst 1-2 players are actually going for objective. Flag carrier = Me, makes it all the way back to base, then waits. Does anyone hit the healer? No. Does the mid fighting stop? barely. Does my team suddenly get wiped and then 7 ally run in and rek me. And the teams response is always one of the following = Its just a game. Whatever. Stop telling me what to do. Or they flat our quit the match because they can't be bothered to learn. And this !@#$ even carries over into mythic + and raiding. Its everywhere. But this is about PVP this time. This isn't fun. This isn't entertaining. Must I really go 5 man premade at all times? Your pvp system is too advanced for the intellect of your average player to figure out. And it doesn't help that you can't remotely accept that and thus make it all worse. How about you, Blizz, make a mandatory tutorial for players that explains how your game works. Because if you want your casual bgs to remain the friendly, easy to opt in mode for everyone and their dog... you can't just let it remain the wild west that it is. Please stop being so cautious and just recognize that you got REALLY awful players playing this game and try to make them better instead of hoping they will. I mean honestly... Game masters. Devs... do you really wanna enter a battleground yourself? And experience this ? Doesnt it annoy you? Exhaust you? You have the power to try and fix that. I only have the power to type what to do which doesn't really matter when your players tunnel vision and ignore chat. GREAT. Theres a damn reason most people aren't doing high end content. Because the learning curve is basically: GIt gut or GTFO. And when you then make a mode availalbe for all where players that gave up on that join... its a total disaster. Please encourage your players to get better via a good pvp tutorial. Stop being so damn uncaring. Its only making content so cancerous for tryhards like myself who actually wanna win but 4 times out of 10 end up in absolutely horrible groups that have no wish to win, no desire to try, no skill to apply and no motivation to bother doing anything.... but to click Queue and get carried. Its embarassing how you're handling this and how people are getting actively worse at PVP because of how "balancing" classes is making it absolutely mandatory to hit bloody healers. You do it for your other games. Overwatch for instance. Got a tutorial once you start. Or starcraft. There is a good balance between the singleplayer elements and multiplayer there. But wow's PvP is pure RNG matchmaking in the wild west. Chaos. And thats why you see people complain about russians and premade so often. Fix the root of the problem. Encourage players to learn how to and what to hit. Thank you.Hellscreãm1 6d
6d healer for bfa trying to pick a healer for pvp in bfa. mostly interested in BGs and less in arenasSmokeshak12 6d
6d Do Russians play Alliance? I have 2 Horde 110 and i don't remember if i have ever fought vs Alliance Russian team. As Alliance (have 5 Alliance 110) i face them many times on Horde's side, so my question is: why Russians don't play Alliance, at least not in PvP? Or is this just my "bad luck" when i am on Horde? Why this obsession with Horde? Do you really hate so much playing a "good" guys? :PTul2 6d
6d Demonic combatants PvP gear, help Relatively new to the game been playing a few weeks now. Recently dove into Battlegrounds for the first time and really enjoyed it. Getting my first win i received a "Demonic Combatants Plate Helm" as a reward. I now want the other pieces but cant find anywhere how to obtain them. Did i just get super lucky with the drop and need to win more or can i purchase them somewhere? Thanks in advance for advice.Kairiit2 6d
13 Jun Random BG group compositions After being on a BG farming spree for the past few days, I have noticed a trend in the group compositions. More often than not, Horde get more healers than Alliance almost regularly. No healers on the Alliance team and 2+ on the Horde team. I have witnessed several games where our team had no healers and Horde had 4. This is totally absurd. What are you supposed to do? By the time you kill one healer, your team is almost completely dead and the rest of the Horde team just casually finishes you off. Some people proposed having two healers be mandatory for the BG to start, though I disagree. The only thing that needs to happen is to have the same number of healers on both teams. Even if the queue times become longer, I really don't care. I would rather wait for the teams to be equal than wait 10 minutes for the BG to end. I don't want to join a BG and know that it's over before the gates even open, simply because I see two healers on the opposing team and zero on ours.Chocolates4 13 Jun
13 Jun low level pvp From level 10 to around 60, the survival hunter destroys fun in pvp leveling,one shot everyone :s I know that the balance doesnt exist at low level, but there, the guys are not playing wow but pacman or pve (pig in durotar :p) with a hunter survival. and you have bg with 40-50% hunter survival in the team(20-29s) poor new player who discovers wow :sKeban10 13 Jun
13 Jun Stop queuing us with Russian please Those games are one-sided and boring, a total waste of our time. I'd rather wait a few more minutes than playing with them.Lyndïa4 13 Jun
13 Jun Can't use Ivory Feather in Seething Shore Hi, I tried to use my Ivory Feather item in the Seething Shore battleground yesterday, but I got the error message "You are in the wrong zone". I found a hotfix note from March 20th that said "Ivory Feather can now be used in the Seething Shore battleground", but apparently that hotfix hasn't worked for me? Is this a known bug?Sheday0 13 Jun
13 Jun Introducing my first PvP Video Hi Guys, since classic I'm playing random BGs and I love them, it became a beloved hobby. I know that I'm not the best player and that's not what the video is about. And since a few weeks I'm interestet in creating videos. So it was absolutely logically for me to combine these two things and that lead to this Video: https://youtu.be/wqaE6VWN_CQ Battleground: Twin Peaks Purpose: having fun/entertainment feat.: ele shaman (in the Video is a very nice kick from him at 6:42, he kicks the eFC from the map xD) If you want to please write what I could do to make the Video nicer, more entertaining or what isn't that nice for you etc.., your are welcome! greetings Candir! :)Candir1 13 Jun
12 Jun RBG Cheaters & bug users in high MMR Hello friends I do not have any hard feelings about anyone in this bracket, but it does get frustrating to face people cheating or abusing bugs against you in order to win games, because otherwise they most likely wouldn't. Sometimes they do it against teams they're winning against already, just to win faster and be able to queue again. Anyhow people from this bracket might join this thread and either give their zero value opinion/spam or contribute some clips Examples of both using programs and bugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCjrb5EDOXw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taGfvcKxvf8 Only made this thread to see if Devs, GMs or even these green MVP people read this as the same people have been cheating almost daily manipulating the ladder without any consequences. If Devs don't read in EU forums you might aswell just publish download links to lag tools to make it even, because GMs already don't bother helping. Some bugusers got a 3 day ban after increasing their rating by a good hundred or more and most of them gaining rating like this didn't receive any suspensions as they did not buguse themselves, but let others do it for them. honorable mention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1De1ORfLCURidleyx11 12 Jun
12 Jun Interrupts affecting only healing spells & cc Casters are looking in a very bad shape come BfA. With 100% melee uptime, they are expected to facetank, exception being arcane mages. Since the main justification for the dozens of melee stuns, silences and interrupts is because otherwise healers would be unkillable, why not make them affect only healing spells, cc with a casting time and maybe leeching spells (like drain life and vampiric touch). Spells like shadowbolt, solar wrath, firebolt, etc... would be spared. It would be a good solution to balance casters vs melee in any scenario. Since they have nerfed caster mobility and retained the melee one, as well as the fact that casting spells nowadays deal the same damage as melee abilities, it would only seem fitting to bring these issues to a balance.Morbidius26 12 Jun
12 Jun RET / DH / DK / Warrior FOTM again in BFA If you're playing a caster, be prepared to get destroyed again and again.Twinkle13 12 Jun
12 Jun German "ZERG Stamm" vs Russian Premade on IoC Nice game, boys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxrruuVLI0 Interested in joining the "ZERG Stamm"? Join us! https://blizzard.com/invite/jy70MTERm On the road since Cataclysm, we defeated all premades there were until today multiple times. Of course we did lose some games too. *Russian PoV due to us not having a streamer *We are specifically sniping other AV/IoC premades when they are playing to have more interesting battlesNelythia5 12 Jun
12 Jun PvP without Russian premades ??? Is there any PvP server that will not match you with russians, i'm sick to play against them, I don't have time to play (2 months kid) so I wan't my time played to be fun, and playing against russian premades is not fun.Oahaha46 12 Jun
12 Jun Rant about pvp (and how to make it better) So, as many people have pointed out before, PVP isnt the most balanced thing in the game :P. The human racials and sometimes the matchmaking isnt fair. I just played a BG and my team had all dps except for 1 healer. The enemy team had 3 healers 1 tanks and the rest dps. That on top of them having the human PVP racial, did not make it better. I feel as if both arenas and BG's are severly inbalanced for the horde. ------------------------------ Suggestions to make it better. Make each team have the same roles every BG (not a problem in arenas) fx. 3 healers, 1 tank and the rest dps on both teams. Nerf Human PVP racial (and maybe even buff some horde races racials. ------------------------------- I feel as if this needs to be addresed ASAP, espacially since war mode is coming out in BFA. And i think it would die, if the Horde would be trampled by the human racials. Thanks for reading, and please speak your mind in the comments!Odder0 12 Jun