Dungeons & Raids

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
13h Luchelle's Raid Leadership Guide Hi folks, Here’s my few years’ worth of accumulated wisdom on raid leadership, gathered from observing and leading casual social raiding right up to Cutting Edge raiding. This used to be sticked in “Raid and Guild Leadership”, but alas got deleted along with that entire subforum :-( so here’s a re-post. This is not a manual. I don’t talk much about exactly what loot system you should use, or how to come up with tactics. What I’ve tried to do here is give you a framework for thinking about how you run your team. I want to spark the right questions in your mind, not provide all the answers. Every raid team is different, after all, and the right answers are those that work for you and your team. Should I raid lead? A raid leader is… well, a leader. So, step one, go and Google “attributes of a good leader”. Plenty of articles on this, and you should strive to check most of these boxes. Most fundamentally, to be a leader, you need to be someone that people want to follow. Someone that people are happy to put their faith in. Think about raid leaders you’ve raided with before - who earned your trust, and why? I’ll bet the ones that came to mind were confident positive approachable good communicators. There’s a few additional attributes specific to WoW, though, that good raid leaders have in common. Personal skill. You don’t have to be the best player on your team, but you’d better not be the worst. You’ll struggle to earn the respect of your team if they’re carrying you. Tactical nous. You’ll need to be able to devise your own tactics. Adopting what other teams do will work to a point, but your team is different, and at some point, you’ll find a situation where everyone else’s tactics don’t work for you. Class knowledge. You need to know what your team brings to the table in order to craft tactics specific to them. Good, fast judgment. Which boss should we tackle next? Do we need to reset for more gear? Two or three healers? Is this recruit good enough? Call the wipe or persevere? You’ll be making lots of decisions, often quickly and under pressure, so you’d better make good ones. You can delegate some of this. If you don’t know all the healer cooldowns, for example, you can assign a healing leader to take control of that aspect. You can solicit everyone’s input into tactics choices. So if you’re a bit short in these areas, don’t worry too much. If you lose your cool at the first wipe, though, or you quickly feel down when you encounter problems, or you’re not an effective communicator, or you’re not comfortable taking charge… raid leadership possibly isn’t for you. You also need a certain amount of authority, or at least autonomy, within your guild. You don’t have to be the guild master. However: Personally I think it’s important that you’re at least an officer. This is partly so that you can implement your own decisions, like inviting your recruits; partly so that you can easily discuss issues like personnel problems with the rest of the officer team; and partly so that you have some built-in authority from the start. If you’re not the guild master, you need an understanding with the guild master that the raid team is your show to run. GMs who interfere too much in raid leadership can cause problems. But I also recommend that there’s someone people can talk to if they have an issue they’re unwilling to discuss directly with you. Even if you’re really friendly and approachable, you’ll find that occasionally someone has an issue with something you do and they’re not comfortable talking to you about it. Having a mediator figure available is a great way to get them to open up in such scenarios. This is especially important if you’re the guild master, as it could otherwise seem to them as if they have no other option. Building the team Vision I said above that “you need to be someone that people want to follow”. But I skipped the most important part of that: for people to follow you, you need to be headed in the direction they want to go! The most important ingredient for success is a clear vision of what “success” looks like. What kind of team do you want to build? Are you going to be a team that races for server firsts? A learning team for new raiders? A home for ex-hardcores who can only raid twice a week now? An all-inclusive social team? A mature “we totally understand if you have a kid-related emergency” team? Perhaps there’ll be a more extreme element of your team identity - an all-female team, perhaps, or an all-druid team (hi Monsterbaby). Try to think in advance about how your ideal team would handle common issues. What would you do if you had a raider who was consistently underperforming, for example? Live with it? Offer friendly advice? Bench until he/she improves? Boot from the team? What about someone who’s often late? What about someone who’s unprepared? Or argues with you unconstructively? The answer to these questions, and many similar ones, form part of the picture of what your ideal team looks like. Recruitment Once you’ve got that picture crystal clear, then you can go about finding the right people. The right people are obviously those who fit your vision, but they also need to agree with your vision. If yours isn’t going to be the type of team that will take action when someone repeatedly fails at something, that’s absolutely fine, but you need everyone on the team to have the same patience and understanding. If your goal is to clear tiers with only two nights a week of raiding, that’s absolutely fine, but someone who spends every waking hour in game is likely to get bored and leave, even though you get there in the end. If you recruit people who aren’t right for your team, then even if you have a short-term gain, you lose out in the long run. At best, you’ll have to replace them eventually when they realise that they’re in the wrong guild for them. At worst… well, we’ve all heard stories of teams destroyed by someone leaving and taking half the team with them, right? That’s what happens when there’s a significant mismatch in expectations. So, make it totally clear what people who join your team are in for, and put some effort into figuring out whether they’re a good match for you. How do you actually do it? Well, different approaches work best for different teams, but common options include posting in trade chat on your server, or using forums such as http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874708/ to either browse “looking for guild” ads or post your own “looking for players” ad. For example, you can see my ad at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715481665 to get a feel for what I’m on about. While I’m here, a quick note on forums: if you have a standard spiel that you copy-paste into every LFG thread of the right class, you’re doing it wrong. Take some time to read their post to make sure they’re actually what you’re looking for. Then take some more time to craft a personal reply to explain to them why you’re what they’re looking for. Otherwise, you’re telling them straight away that you don’t particularly care about them - which is either going to put them off, or leave you with a team full of people who don’t particularly care about your guild either. Composition What should your team consist of in terms of characters? I can’t say much here because it massively depends on your goals. Social teams will typically care almost exclusively about the people, not the classes. Those with a laser focus on progression will expect players to have multiple geared chars so they can pick the ideal composition for each fight. And this is a much-discussed topic elsewhere! What I will say is: You should have a target team size that reflects the commitment you demand. There’s no point saying “we understand that real life comes first!” and then having a Mythic team with exactly 20 people in it - if you’re not going to insist on 100% attendance, you need standby players available. Equally, if you sell people on consistent raiding, you’ll annoy them if you have far more players than you need and regularly rotate them out. For most levels of raiding, the player really is more important than the class. If you have the luxury of being picky about classes, though, variety will increase your options - and be aware that Mythic raids are sometimes designed on the assumption that a raid has all classes available. Don’t be surprised when we see fights that are significantly harder if you don’t have ability X. Plan ahead. If you know your main tank is on holiday for most of August, don’t wait until he’s gone to think about how to handle that.Luchelle24 13h
48m Myth+ tank advice Hello, folks! My firends and me are going to run a static Myth+ party. 3 guys are dd+ heal and me as a tank. The problem is our healer (monk) is a low skilled one. Particulalry, he's a bit slow in reacting to inc damage. We all try to compensate this (he's our bro after all). On my end, I'm struggling on which tank to main for 5 man for better impact - Paladin or DK. I'm interesed which one is less spiky and more forgiving in a "slow healer+average tank" comp? Thank you!Mariar4 48m
1h Why the need for Simcraft? Ok, so let me first say that I've used Simcraft since the beginning of the expansion and have recently moved over to using Raidbots as despite the queue time it's still faster than running a Sim on my own PC. I use Simcraft to generate my Pawn strings and to see if a new item is actually an upgrade. Because stat weights are so complex, doing something like this without a dedicated program is quite a headache and therefore any help with this is greatfully received. But, why should we have to do this at all? It seems a bit odd to me that we don't have any system built into the game that immediately signposts whether the item you just picked up is actually an upgrade for your character. Whilst the stats may look good on paper, and even with an up to date Pawn string it may look like your shiny new item is better than what you already have, but it's not until simming that you find out it isn't. On top of that, people are hoarding gear of a similar ilevel due to the constant changing stat weights. Myself and my guildies have rows and rows of gear in our bags or in our banks because by combining different items you could find yourself a little more dps. As a BM hunter, we do not have BiS legendaries, so without simming it's very difficult to know what our best legendary combinations are at any given time. Also, with constant changes or upgrades to the rest of our gear, we have to keep simming different combinations of legendaries to find an optimal setup each time something changes. Now I know I don't HAVE to do all this, but in order for me to try to make the best of my character, and in respect to the other players I raid with, I feel I should be doing all I can to ensure my gear and damage are at their best. All the guides that you read will give you a stat priority, but the better ones say that it's something to give you an idea but for the true priority you have to sim. If you don't sim, the liklihood is that your stats are all over the place (despite following the guide) and your dps is much lower than it could be. Raid nights can be a real pain too. If I get a drop in a raid, unless I know for sure that it's a BiS item or that the ilevel increase is going to be an upgrade despite the stats being a bit off, then I have to keep it to sim it later. This means that gear that could potentially be passed to a guild mate, gets left in people's bags until they have simmed it. At that point you are either happy it's an upgrade or you are ruing the fact you didn't pass it on to a fellow raider. The problem is, many people are doing this on a weekly basis, which means that gear that could benefit someone else is probably getting vendored or left in someone's bag or bank in the hope that after picking up another drop somewhere, the item might be usable due to the slight shift in stat weights. Anyone else get frustrated about these things or is it just me?Sairen8 1h
2h KillJaeden HC after NC .... Is still a !@#$% to kill ! Who ever said that Nether Crucible will be a soft nerf to this fight was clearly mistaken . By the looks of it , this boss fight will remain very hard due to its very punishing mechanics , yet blizzard did not even bother to look into it yet !Metalhoof27 2h
2h You have been removed from the group. and got 30 minute deserter... tanking a CoS random HC, big pulls, mobs die quickly, nooe dies, noone says anything, and I'm kicked. they weren't from the same guild as far as I could tell so is this another of those bugs where the server disbands groups or are people just being autistic again?Annaconda9 2h
2h Why do people expect 900Ilvl for Tomb on normal mode I have not been able to find an answer for this queston online, i might be asking it wrong. But the thing is, ToS Normall drops 900+ Item level gear. So why do raid leaders set the minimum item level too 900-910 to join? If you're already 900 item level, then what's the point in doing that raid? you'll only be getting gear that's the same or worse then what you are carrying now. why not make the min item level 880 so that people can do that raid to level up to 900Ilvl. Thanks!Rexdamax77 2h
2h On Recount Only ToS Raiding For some reason unknown to me but my numbers are varied to other players not sure why though. I tried reinstalling it but it hasn't made a difference. Any help would be great.Mitler3 2h
2h Na'zak the Fiend world boss spawn can any one actuall rember when he was last spawned on eu?Beaves2 2h
4h Reroll guild interested in doing all the older raids Hey guys, Me and a few other people (around 15 person for now) have decided to start over with a fresh new guild with only rerolls, to re-discover the full WoW experience. We would like to play the older raids (Vanilla / TBC / LK etc...) along our leveling phase, and we were wondering, since we'll not be 40 or 25, if there is a recommended "guideline for the levels" in these raids, like this example : - You can solo or duo any Myst of Pandaria raid, if you are level 110. - You can solo a lvl 60 raid if you are lvl 80. - Etc... What we'd like is some general guideline for 10-15 people, that would give us something like : - You are 10 people, you can do Molten core at level 65-70 - You are 10 people, you can do Icecrown at lvl 85 - Etc... Do any of you has any recommandation ? Thanks in advance !Tirianaa3 4h
4h Is my raid lock bugged? So this is what happened: I entered FL 10n, I've killed Beth, Rhyolit and Alysra; then I took a way to Shannox. I didn't see him (I forgot that I have to summon him) so I tried to re-enter this instance (on same difficulty) but there was only a one message - "You are ineligible to participate in at least one encounter in this instance because you are already locked to an instance in which it has been defeated". "Ohh wtf" I thought. So I switched to 10h, same problem. Maybe 25h? Again.. But I was able to enter 25n. Okay, fine...But there was another problem. The bosses i've killed on 10n, were killed on 25 aswell. ?? Idk. I just wanted to do 10h/25h for transmogs, but now I can just wait for resets. Is this a bug or i fkd up something? I know that some players had similar problem, and the other ones could make all 4 difficulties in one sesion.Haylash5 4h
11h Personal Loot - Screws up classic transmog runs Hey, I don't normally post here since I'm not one quick to complain... But since the latest patch all loot in classic dungeons (And I assume it's the same for TBC+) has been set to personal loot. Meaning I can't get any loot that doesn't suit any of my specs, so I can't collect stuff like staves and off-hand items, and I assume intellect plate items don't drop either (Speculation, perhaps they do, no idea). I like to collect transmog, I like to run classic dungeons and raids to collect every possible appearance, but now I can't unless I have someone with me like a mage so staves can drop. I would like to have the default loot option, so that anything can drop, no matter the spec. And this apparently undocumented change kinda pisses me off since I like to clear old dungeons every now and then. I was wondering if there's more people out there who share my opinion about this and would like to have this reverted, or atleast give us the option to set loot rules in old dungeons.Marweinicus4 11h
1d Best dps class for mythic + hello everyone , I want to make a dps class to specifically focus on high mythic + . I want to know whats your guys/girls opinion on this? I like both range and melee so I don't mind which just want something that's an all round great class/spec for mythic + thanks in advance :) ps. I no people will say depends on gear, skill level, and what u want to play ect but just want ppls opinions on it.Bankaltone9 1d
1d Seat of the Triumvirate So first impressions? Heres mine: Ran a normal mythic. Just felt it was annoying and purple. Small adds constant spawning just annoying, not fun or hard just annoying and un-fun. Cant really tell where trash packs start or ends, just a purple blur... On higher keys I guess this is new Cath? Annoying, running back and forth, talking and other !@#$. 1/5Lofar30 1d
1d Kael'thas phase time bug When battling Kael'thas from the raid The Eye there is a very annoying phase where you just wait 2 minutes without doing anything. It happens after you kill the weapons of his commanders. I am doing the raid every week and find it very annoying to deal with it every single time. I think it would be great if it gets fixed because i am sure that many people are doing the raid frequently trying to take Ashes of Al'ar and that i am not the only one annoyed by this bug.Sodar1 1d
1d Unfair PUG Discipline due to KJ Fight Mechanics Hello, Following the introduction of patch 7.3, I started playing shadow priest again partly because of the revised animations and partly because of the enjoyable playstyle. Until now, things have been going smoothly although I have noticed some consistent problems with the class. This mainly has to do with average DPS for single targets but that is not the topic of this discussion. The topic is the heroic KJ fight. It's dreadful to PUG as a SP. Why? Because PUGs rely so much on DPS and HPS charts. In fact, it it sort of the soul of PUGS really. Mostly you'll be playing with people you don't know or haven't played with before and no matter how well you try to make yourself valuable as a player by focusing on dishing out DPS and doing the mechanics right sometimes it just isn't enough. Take the KJ fight for example. You do a very respectable DPS of 800-900K P1 (given my current 927 gear). Then intermission happens. And oh boy! You sure hope everything goes smoothly and you won't wipe first try. Which almost never happens with KJ HC yet. So intermission comes into play, and boss takes 99% reduced damage. You are a SP. You still have dots on KJ. They last a looong time. You are a SP. You look at the graph. And your eyes are watering. Because your dps is now at best around 500k-600k. And worst, no amount of skill will change that. Unless you make it to the last phase, your dps will almost always be amongst the last ones. So, as usual you get the boot. And honestly, it kinda hurts. Especially considering you were actually doing your best. I honestly think this mechanic should be fixed ASAP because it affects the gameplay in an undesirable way for certain classes. Why unfair? It's easy. On the DPS charts classes with short duration or no DOTS have a huge advantage on this fight. And that is even if other classes are playing well. The only fix to this is either make KJ immune or cleanse the DOTS when he goes into intermission. Please consider this! It would bring about some quality of life for some of us and remove some of the inherent unfairness... Let me know your opinions as well in the comments below! Are some of you struggling with this as well? Many thanks in advance! *Extra note* Not everyone will immediately kick you out of a PUG of course, but it does happen more often then not. It is just the way PUGS work, if the raid is wiping people will complain. Since most times its not that obvious who, pardon my french, f****** up, people will look at the DPS and start replacing for fear of raid disbanding. There is like a peer pressure for this to happen. This is especially true for when there are big gaps in output. For KJ, you only start to be noticeable in p3 on the meter. The rest of the time you're really just average at best. Add intermission into play, and it looks as if you're sleeping on the keyboard compared to other people. KJ is really an edge case when it comes to this type of situations. My main concern really is still the fact that this KJ intermission phase does not accurately reflect the DPS of some classes. This leads to them being undervalued. * the Extra Extra note* This post isn't about the SP as a class not being able to perform well. If that's what you have understood then you have not been paying attention. This post is about the intermission phase misleading the performance of DOT based classes as opposed to no DOT or short duration DOTs classes. If all raid leaders were knowledgeable about this issue, there would not be an issue in the first place. However, that is not the case. To some of you this might seem like a small issue. And frankly it is. However, since Antorus is not up yet we are still left to progress through ToS. Furthermore if you do not have a guild and are merely PUGing every week then you will be bothered by this as well. It's very easy to say you're better off in another group, but it doesn't really work like that. PUGs are very competitive. Who would you rather have in your raid? People doing top notch DPS or some people who apparently do half that?Hogosh16 1d
1d Rated Mythic+ in next expansion! The mythic+ dungeons implement in WoW has been of huge success. It has not only been exciting playing it, but potentially being a watching friendly eSport, it was much needed addition for the future of the game. It however needs to be worked on following its success. The current setup isn't enough for it to give that focused excitement if you're not playing in the highest of levels. Failing a +4 or a +13-key isn't costly enough for the sake of it being exciting enough to succeed. Therefore I suggest the implement of rated mythic+. The setup for rated mythic+ can of course be of plenty different types, but one I think of would look similar to this: Every player from 8.0 starts at mythic 0, with a successful run granting a +1 run. Note that keys isn't in this idea, since I think players should be forced to play the variety of dungeons instead of deleting keys of dungeons they're not finding fun or easy enough. When you're ranked for a Mythic +1, you'll only be able to find players with the similar rank – as in normal/heroic dungeon finder. For each level of the Mythic you're playing, you're required to win at least 4 out of 5 runs to proceed to the next level. If you fail to win more than one run out of five, you're relegated to the one level below the one you were on. If you were to leave a current run, you're banned for X amounts of hours and the team's eventually failed run won't count. There's plenty of good things out of this setup: – Each mythic run counts, people will play more serious regarding what level. – People won't be able to be boosted in level 10 keys as soon as they reache 110, or tricking people that they are worthy enough playing +10 due to ilvl. – There won't be an issue with people leaving a current run without consequences. -- Of course the current way with keys should still be a thing if you want to play specific dungeons and/or with friends – but they won't be counted/rated.Taurlicious0 1d
2d Good healer V Bad healer 4 dummies I see a lot of people correlating low HPS with bad healing, which in some cases is true but I'd say most is not. Healing is not DPS'ing so high HPS doesn't mean good healing, as if there is no damage to be healed then there is gonna be 0 HPS, whereas if there are enemies there will always be damage to be done. I say this because any body can play a healer, decide to play holy priest and then spam flash heal to top the HPS charts but what people don't realise is that, this person is also topping overheal charts, is always OOM, is always having to drink after every pull/ fight and isn't dispelling. So next time you're in a raid and someone isn't doing great HPS but one person is demolishing everyone by 400k maybe look a little bit deeper into it, because even though that person is saving the raid atm, if it comes to a bit further into the boss and everyone is taking high raid wide damage and that 1 healer is OOM then that could be a problem.Goodfeels18 2d
2d TW Gate of the setting sun bombs Is it normal for the crosslike bombs on the first boss to almost instantly kill non tanks? Or was there some error in the scaling of the damage vs player health?Eosferon4 2d
3d So I wanna tank but.... I am so conflicted about which tank to pick? From start off I can say I am not going for druid as I am not to much into the shapeshifting part of it :) And I dont have a monk, so would hate to start leveling one up atm :) That being said I feel like I wanna go with either: Death Knight, Paladin or Demon Hunter. Which is more reliable in M+ ? And what are the pros and cons on the different picks in your opinion?Skovkonfetti16 3d
3d How to solo 25 man in scalable raids ? Hello, When entering scalable raids solo, i default to the 10 man version, with very limited loot drops. How does one get access to the 25 man version (again, solo) ? Thanks!Shalod6 3d
4d kick from instance, instance error hi everyone i want to share this befor more people come and whine that they are being kick from LFG etc etc. doing a long story short my Guild with 5 people did the timewalk weekly and one of our guys got kickout from the shado pan monastery for no reason. we tried summon him and it did work. however when we encuonter the boss the same guy got ported again so we summoned him inside the instance when we were out of combat. after that it have´t been a single problem get. so i hope this might help someone that Think he got kicked for no reasonSneék2 4d
4d Leavers in My+ Can we just post here the printscreens and the nickname of the players that leave our group just to log out and then log in in 5-min to join another group?! Yes, I am pissed but since Blizzard doesn't do anything (I always use the reportt option but I see no follow up), it seems an obvious choice.Sighuman49 4d
5d Current, Realistic requirements for a M+15? Hey, came back to the game about a month ago from a pre nighthold hiatus and am in the process of trying to climb up the M+ ladder purely to achieve the transmog appearance skin for completing a m+15. Successfully tanked my first +9 yesterday relatively comfortably and am keen to smash my way through to 15 ASAP. What sort of ilvl should i look at having prior to pushing to 10+ and beyond? I'm currently at 920, AL 59 and I have seen everything from no requirements to 930 and higher listed which makes it hard to get a general idea for what is the widely accepted minimum. I see the odd groups asking for food, potions and flasks. Is this really important or just posturing? Am kinda skint at the moment so buying food and pots for mythics that end up failing is a fast way to empty the bank. Am using defiled augments but not much more atm. A large number of people seem to be checking wow progress. What exactly are they checking for? My Score is still low as i have only cycled the same 5 or so dungeons due to them being easier and simply because i know them. Is having 12 +10 runs on say, DHT really inferior to having 1 +10 run in every other dungeon for doing a DHT +15? Any advice appreciated, Thanks.Azeila17 5d
5d Mimiron's head For Mimiron's head to drop, can you skip the first few bosses by using the teleporter or do you need to finish the whole raid? I know it requires it to be on hard-mode but not sure if there's anything elseMuginson4 5d
6d Nightbane still drops 875 ilevel? Can any Dev tell me why Nightbane's loot table has not had ilvl increase?Rikudó4 6d
6d Combat res required for high mythic + For me the mythic + system we got in legion is the greatest succes of this expansion. I love the fact that u can always challenge yourself to do a certain dungeon on a higher difficulty. With the recent mythic + dungeon invitational i was curious to see what group compositions would be prevelant. Although i already knew one aspect would be of great importance, combat res. I mainly run with a group that the majority of the time has no combat res because of the classes we decided to play. There were many moment were we could have completed a key in time if only we had that combat res. That combat res is a big factor in making a group for high mythic + u can see on https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus_score_proving/eu This is where they track teams trying to qualify for the blizzard mythic+ invitational. Every high end group runs 2 combat resses u need to scroll very far down untill u find a group with 1 combat res and even way way way further to find a group with none. In this game three classes provide a combat res Deathknight, Druid, Warlock (not counting BMhunter did not see many of those on wowprogress). So the first 2 spots are always filled by 2 of those 3 classes and then 3 spots are remaining for the other 9 classes in this game. In pvp certain spells are disabled to keep it balanced. I see mythic + as the pve area of the game to be competitive in, but instead of disabling combat res, can there be an item added to the game that allows other classes to "combat res" a fallen partymember. Just like "drums of fury" is helping out groups that do not have a class that provides bloodlust. Combat res as it is in the game is such a dominant factor it influences groupcomposition to a high degree and this does not seem fair for the 9 other classes in the game.Blessox20 6d
18 Sep Catedral Wait times are long and succes rate is low compared to other dungeons. Basically if i get that key, i feel im basically screwed for the the rest of the week And m+ is te only part of the game i enjoy. Why cant they let us downgrade our key and get a random different dungeon ?Adnai6 18 Sep
18 Sep M+ DPS Pick Hey All, Hoping for a bit of advice from people really. I am looking for an alt to be doing mythic+ with and trying to decide what has the most viability from a dps & utility perspective. I have the following classes at 110 and happy to try any spec: - Shaman - Rogue - Demon Hunter - Death Knight Depending where I read each website says something different so thought where else best to go and speak to the actual people. Looking for a class/spec that can handle most weeks/affixes. Appreciate any help/advice CheersThomo7 18 Sep
17 Sep Tyrannical Hyrja on higher keys So I was doing this at +12 earlier on my Brewmaster alt and our group gets stuck on Hyrja. This is how we do it (and fail) -Start on Holy side -I wait a few seconds after she casts Shield of Light on me before swapping sides (usually I go when it's 7 seconds left until her next special attack (eye of the storm or sanctify), and then I move her. This seems to help the healer a bit on eye of the storm, as she has fever Mystic Empowerment stacks when she is channeling it. -When Eye of the Storm is over, I move her back to Holy side after Shield of Light cast. Now the problem is basically if everyone is not at close to max HP all the time people are getting oneshotted from Arcing Bolt, even if we spread out to avoid spell bouncing. But it still hits too damn hard. Sometimes you get lucky and she targtes someone with full HP, but relying on luck to kill a boss just seems dumb. Our group is around 920-925ilv with 60+ traits and we haven't really had much issues on other keys in the same range. The problem is not me surviving, but dps or healer getting oneshotted unless they are topped. Any changes we should do on our strat, or is Hyrja simply overtuned? Other bosses around this level are not problematic.Petergrippín4 17 Sep
17 Sep Mythic Dungeon Invitational feedback Overall I really enjoyed this event and I see great potential in the future. It's pretty cool that Blizzard are bringing new formats into e-sports. I think the casters did a good job, and I'm sure that they will get even better once they get more used to this new format. I do however feel that the viewing experience needs some improvements to make it more enjoyable to watch and track what's going on. -The UI in general needs to contain more info. HP bars only is too minimalistc and I would like to see things like cooldown tracking (like you have in the arena spectator UI). Maybe a death counter for each player as well. -A quick rundown of talents on each team before a run starts. Also, put a spec icon next to their HP bar. -The camera work felt a bit off. The detached camera works pretty well in arenas, but in dungeons I felt like the camera was way too often just lagging behind or at an angle where I can barely see what is going on. I would prefer if the view would cycle more between different player to see their POV, and less of the cinematic style that often made me miss what was actually going on during the runs. These are things I would like to see in the future.Petergrippín0 17 Sep
17 Sep The M+ invitational So !@#$ing cool lol.I really enjoyed the CoS run - MR vs LSJ.Spité5 17 Sep
15 Sep Not sure if this is the right forum part But, anyway, I have decieded to play this here DH, as tank (yes I know that I am going to recieve complaints ) and I pretty much suck at it atm, but I am getting the hang of it, albeit slowly. Now to my (stupid) question, DBM - Deadly Boss Mode addon, following that one as a tank, I would guess is not very good? Is there an addon solely for the tank role or do I have to do trial and error (aka learning by doing) once I achieve ilv 825 and can start with PuG raids?Dulak8 15 Sep
15 Sep Dark marks on Avatar Our casual guild is currently progressing heroic Avatar. We've had a fairly smooth run up till now, but have run into some problems on Avatar. Phase 1 isn't an issue. It's phase 2 that is, specifically the dark marks. The damage doesn't seem to scale very well with group size and we're having problems soaking them. The first two are O.K, we have personals etc but the third set on-wards is a problem. The issue seems to be that unless everyone is at least 80/85% health, we die. Due to our smaller raid size, we either have the extra healer or loose boss DPS. Is there any good tacts. for smaller raid sizes on this phase?Ignatia16 15 Sep
14 Sep Lagg in raids So... Everything works outside of raids, theres no lagg or delay. Jumping into mythic tos, thrash goes fine without any lagg or delay. Pull Goroth, delay kicks in, abilties come in, delay comes in, damage appears 4 seconds after cast. Can't cast spells, it's delayed with 4 seconds. Is it just the Blizzard servers that's outdated that causes this aswell as the fps drops in a few zones (heard this from loads of people), aswell as the 5 year dalaran loading screen? Edit: Harjatan dosen't even cast his second Unchcked Rage for the eggs. This feels great, on reset day... Losing a fkin day for progressSuor3 14 Sep
14 Sep Old Karazhan 'Echoes of Medivh' changed? I did this the other night and I haven't bothered soloing this event for real until now. I figured I'll give it a go, normally the king just ends up dead for me. xD Jumped into the King and moved him out then just stood in one spot and had the Warchief come over and whacked him repeatedly. He (the king) was apparently self healing so he dropped to like 50% health and then up to 70%, lather, rince repeat. So I guess my question is if this is a new thing or if I was just lucky?Ofensor1 14 Sep
14 Sep Is this a good plan? Hey all, I want to get back into Mythic raiding. I started doing it during nighthold but I encountered a few problems 1: Lack of gold for consumables etc. I ended up buying wow tokens 2: AP grind. Hopefully this will be removed in a future expac but I basically took a break due to IRL then lost the motivation to play due to the grind to get back up to where I was. 3: I've only ever played 1 spec of 1 class. Many mythic guilds require you to know all your specs. My old guild did not but I noticed members that could obviously had it easier (more opportunities to do guild dungeon runs and so on). So my solution is to avoid guilds altogether and just focus at "gitgud". This will include setting up a bunch of characters to give me access to all professions so I can make all my own consumables and whatnot. I'll also begin to collect gear for my main's offspecs and learn each spec to the best standard I can. This will probably last until the next expac (I know that sounds strange) but in Legion I don't think it's possible for me to Mythic raid with the AP grind and so on. Obviously I'll still heroic raid but using pugs.Rotbreath5 14 Sep
14 Sep no wonder no one want to tank for pugs Yes, this is a rant. I swear to god, i was in a GOOD mood this morning. before i started tanking some low level m+ runs. between people who pull "for you" because "you're going to slow", people who "oops ran into that pack", people who won't interrupt, people going afk in the middle of a m+, people who can't seem to know what to do (and won't take any advice on how to) and to top it all off, act rudely toward me just because "it doesn't matter" and "it's just low level mythic" and "lolz". i'm going back to tanking for my friends, who at least i can communicate with on TS and not get stressed with. and who i know aren't douchebags.Ashwillow140 14 Sep
14 Sep Why are the droprate so low in mythic+ Higher mythic+ requires higher individual skills than raiding but yet the the rewards is lower and droprates of items is superlow I spent tons of time chasing a trinket for a demon hunter of mine, probably around 15 runs and I only saw it once that ofc didnt go me Why is mythic+ so unrewarding compared to raiding, where it would feel strange to spend the same amount of time to get the items I wantChopps33 14 Sep
14 Sep No bonus roll on Mistress Allurandel (Greater Invasion) I've done this five times today, on my Paladin, Monk, Priest, Demon Hunter and now Rogue. All of my characters except my Rogue (despite having 3 seals on her character) was able to reroll on Mistress Allurandel for a second shot at 930+ loot. For some reason, she was not. Another rogue in my group (I doubt it's class-specific, I think we're just a mouthy kind of class) pointed out that they weren't able to reroll and got a bit huffy about it. And rightfully so. Despite having seals, we weren't able to utilize our bonus roll and now we have to wait an entire week for a second chance? I really don't know what's going on here. Why were my other characters eligible to bonus roll but my rogue was not? Keep in mind she still got AP so it's not like I did this earlier and just forgot that I had done it. If I had done it earlier I wouldn't have got anything, and I was also still progressing through the quest which requires you to complete a Greater Invasion Point. Anyone else encountered this bug? I opened a ticket but I don't know if this is something they can help with.Ilandrin2 14 Sep
13 Sep Help with healing M+ bursting Hey guys so I have been trying to do some M+ but really struggling with bursting affix no dmg then when it start ticking gets to like 5 and their heath goes down so fast(i know thats how it suppose to work but its like i cant even keep up with the dmg). I spam aoe heals but then need to regen mana constantly sometimes 1 person dies and i feel like i'm doing really badly. Is there something specific you got to do to heal through it or something ? i feel like i'm missing something obvious.Dodgymonk31 13 Sep
13 Sep Sylvanas <Snip!>. If you ever encounter this DK wannabe tank, trust me, avoid him. So he tanked my Lower Khara +10. 926 visible ilvl tank, I was like, right! This is great. Let's go for it. So it was all fun and games, +10 mob pulls every damn time until the boss (keep in mind it's bursting), this guy was playing it out like it was a Mythic World Quest run. First boss drops. He carries on with his outrageous pulls (I'm not even joking, 10 mobs was an understatement), then we wipe on some trash, well not a wipe, 3 people die, including him. He says good night and I quote "this is just not working out", and leaves. Well of course it's not working out when you have 12 Bursting stacks mate. The end. #vent. #<Snip!>Hleriny3 13 Sep
13 Sep Urgent advice for raids/dungeons Hey guys, I recently got back into WoW after a 5 year hiatus. So obviously I have no idea how raids and dungeon work now. Advice from friends was to just level up super fast and them join then however I fear going into high level dungeons and raids with virtually no experience. I've tried out a couple of dungeons whilst levelling and it didn't go too great. I really feel like I'm lacking in confidence, and kinda trying to avoid them (which I know I shouldn't do). Any friendly advice? Things I should be doing etc. ? Currently levelling as unholyAstrick9 13 Sep
12 Sep Trying to solo SoO heroic - stoped by a door So after defeating malkorok, i went down futher when i discovered this massive ironbound door. It has the green tool notice locked. Am i suppose to click on something ? Thanks for the info, cheersShirrel2 12 Sep
12 Sep What did you do to VOW Blizzard?! so on mythic + especially at a (the dungeon i tried it on mythic+ for the first time this patch) +8 the demon hunter's new ability basically globalled the dps. First boss despawned twice (despawned 3 times on normal when i cleared it for dk quest) , sound effects were cutting out during encounter and sometimes the adds were not in line of sight despite we were ontop of them as melee Anyone else get this!?Makarg12 12 Sep
12 Sep Grouping during Invasion Points? I find it a bit strange that during these Invasion Point raids, we don't automatically get put into group(s) when we zone in. Even the addons like WQGF don't add you to groups - So with this in mind, are people going through the LFG panel and making pre-mades before doing Invasion Points? It is an issue if you're a DPS and don't have any self-healing, it all gets a bit manic with all the AoE and the healers don't have you on their bars obviously to monitor you.Scorchit2 12 Sep
12 Sep It's another 10man thread I understand a full 10-man raiding tier to run concurrently with 20 mythic is no longer viable; in terms of practicality and development of the raiding scene in this game. But can we not be thrown a bone and maybe go back to the days of old when raids were released with different player counts. So 20M is the norm; and M+ is supposed to be the "casual progression" filler; but 20-man in a lot of ways is literally killing the late night scene. 6-10PM or similar is still the meta raid time; but shiftworkers are becoming more and more common; we simply can't find guilds and being someone who has generally always following late-night raiding (11PM-Midnight raid starts); the way it holds you back from getting somewhere you want to be in this game is obscene. There are very few late-night guilds progressing mythic because they cannot get a 25-man roster together (20 with 5 to spare). It's a similar position to what Paragon had; but at least they had the option of going international. For us in late night guilds we have always fallen back on the 10-man option where possible to ensure the best roster for pushing hard content. We no longer have this fall-back. The end result is almost every late night guild is a clown fiesta. Because you find yourself filling your roster with anyone and everyone just so you have enough to meet the raid numbers. You can help and nurture these players to becoming better all you want; but if any other <Insomnia> members read this thread you understand me when I say some people simply can't be taught. TLDR - I'm not asking for difficult 10-man raiding to be what it used to; since the way the fights are designed it's not possible. But it'd be nice to have something to progress on other than mythic+ that'd still be relative to the game's story. Inb4 "that's what heroic is for"Zhaela2 12 Sep
11 Sep Will Breaker/Moroes Fight The "Will Breaker" ability of Lord Crispin Ference on Moroes fight in lower Karazhan has a terrible animation. We need it to be more visibile. Have a nice day.Wdqw5 11 Sep
11 Sep M+ Karazhan Still too hard. With Tyrannical like crazy. Nerf the bosses. Like Medivh is a bad !@# there too hard.Rózsomák11 11 Sep
11 Sep Maiden of Vigilance - Trouble With Hammers I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me - I'm having trouble with the hammer mechanic on Maiden of Vigilance in ToS. Specifically, I taunt immediately when I see the hammer of <my infusion> pop up, but about a third of the time she snaps back towards the other tank at the end of the cast. Is that because the other tank is being stupid enough to taunt off me, or am I doing something wrong?Kirija11 11 Sep