Dungeons & Raids

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
24 Sep Luchelle's Raid Leadership Guide Hi folks, Here’s my few years’ worth of accumulated wisdom on raid leadership, gathered from observing and leading casual social raiding right up to Cutting Edge raiding. This used to be sticked in “Raid and Guild Leadership”, but alas got deleted along with that entire subforum :-( so here’s a re-post. This is not a manual. I don’t talk much about exactly what loot system you should use, or how to come up with tactics. What I’ve tried to do here is give you a framework for thinking about how you run your team. I want to spark the right questions in your mind, not provide all the answers. Every raid team is different, after all, and the right answers are those that work for you and your team. Should I raid lead? A raid leader is… well, a leader. So, step one, go and Google “attributes of a good leader”. Plenty of articles on this, and you should strive to check most of these boxes. Most fundamentally, to be a leader, you need to be someone that people want to follow. Someone that people are happy to put their faith in. Think about raid leaders you’ve raided with before - who earned your trust, and why? I’ll bet the ones that came to mind were confident positive approachable good communicators. There’s a few additional attributes specific to WoW, though, that good raid leaders have in common. Personal skill. You don’t have to be the best player on your team, but you’d better not be the worst. You’ll struggle to earn the respect of your team if they’re carrying you. Tactical nous. You’ll need to be able to devise your own tactics. Adopting what other teams do will work to a point, but your team is different, and at some point, you’ll find a situation where everyone else’s tactics don’t work for you. Class knowledge. You need to know what your team brings to the table in order to craft tactics specific to them. Good, fast judgment. Which boss should we tackle next? Do we need to reset for more gear? Two or three healers? Is this recruit good enough? Call the wipe or persevere? You’ll be making lots of decisions, often quickly and under pressure, so you’d better make good ones. You can delegate some of this. If you don’t know all the healer cooldowns, for example, you can assign a healing leader to take control of that aspect. You can solicit everyone’s input into tactics choices. So if you’re a bit short in these areas, don’t worry too much. If you lose your cool at the first wipe, though, or you quickly feel down when you encounter problems, or you’re not an effective communicator, or you’re not comfortable taking charge… raid leadership possibly isn’t for you. You also need a certain amount of authority, or at least autonomy, within your guild. You don’t have to be the guild master. However: Personally I think it’s important that you’re at least an officer. This is partly so that you can implement your own decisions, like inviting your recruits; partly so that you can easily discuss issues like personnel problems with the rest of the officer team; and partly so that you have some built-in authority from the start. If you’re not the guild master, you need an understanding with the guild master that the raid team is your show to run. GMs who interfere too much in raid leadership can cause problems. But I also recommend that there’s someone people can talk to if they have an issue they’re unwilling to discuss directly with you. Even if you’re really friendly and approachable, you’ll find that occasionally someone has an issue with something you do and they’re not comfortable talking to you about it. Having a mediator figure available is a great way to get them to open up in such scenarios. This is especially important if you’re the guild master, as it could otherwise seem to them as if they have no other option. Building the team Vision I said above that “you need to be someone that people want to follow”. But I skipped the most important part of that: for people to follow you, you need to be headed in the direction they want to go! The most important ingredient for success is a clear vision of what “success” looks like. What kind of team do you want to build? Are you going to be a team that races for server firsts? A learning team for new raiders? A home for ex-hardcores who can only raid twice a week now? An all-inclusive social team? A mature “we totally understand if you have a kid-related emergency” team? Perhaps there’ll be a more extreme element of your team identity - an all-female team, perhaps, or an all-druid team (hi Monsterbaby). Try to think in advance about how your ideal team would handle common issues. What would you do if you had a raider who was consistently underperforming, for example? Live with it? Offer friendly advice? Bench until he/she improves? Boot from the team? What about someone who’s often late? What about someone who’s unprepared? Or argues with you unconstructively? The answer to these questions, and many similar ones, form part of the picture of what your ideal team looks like. Recruitment Once you’ve got that picture crystal clear, then you can go about finding the right people. The right people are obviously those who fit your vision, but they also need to agree with your vision. If yours isn’t going to be the type of team that will take action when someone repeatedly fails at something, that’s absolutely fine, but you need everyone on the team to have the same patience and understanding. If your goal is to clear tiers with only two nights a week of raiding, that’s absolutely fine, but someone who spends every waking hour in game is likely to get bored and leave, even though you get there in the end. If you recruit people who aren’t right for your team, then even if you have a short-term gain, you lose out in the long run. At best, you’ll have to replace them eventually when they realise that they’re in the wrong guild for them. At worst… well, we’ve all heard stories of teams destroyed by someone leaving and taking half the team with them, right? That’s what happens when there’s a significant mismatch in expectations. So, make it totally clear what people who join your team are in for, and put some effort into figuring out whether they’re a good match for you. How do you actually do it? Well, different approaches work best for different teams, but common options include posting in trade chat on your server, or using forums such as http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874708/ to either browse “looking for guild” ads or post your own “looking for players” ad. For example, you can see my ad at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715481665 to get a feel for what I’m on about. While I’m here, a quick note on forums: if you have a standard spiel that you copy-paste into every LFG thread of the right class, you’re doing it wrong. Take some time to read their post to make sure they’re actually what you’re looking for. Then take some more time to craft a personal reply to explain to them why you’re what they’re looking for. Otherwise, you’re telling them straight away that you don’t particularly care about them - which is either going to put them off, or leave you with a team full of people who don’t particularly care about your guild either. Composition What should your team consist of in terms of characters? I can’t say much here because it massively depends on your goals. Social teams will typically care almost exclusively about the people, not the classes. Those with a laser focus on progression will expect players to have multiple geared chars so they can pick the ideal composition for each fight. And this is a much-discussed topic elsewhere! What I will say is: You should have a target team size that reflects the commitment you demand. There’s no point saying “we understand that real life comes first!” and then having a Mythic team with exactly 20 people in it - if you’re not going to insist on 100% attendance, you need standby players available. Equally, if you sell people on consistent raiding, you’ll annoy them if you have far more players than you need and regularly rotate them out. For most levels of raiding, the player really is more important than the class. If you have the luxury of being picky about classes, though, variety will increase your options - and be aware that Mythic raids are sometimes designed on the assumption that a raid has all classes available. Don’t be surprised when we see fights that are significantly harder if you don’t have ability X. Plan ahead. If you know your main tank is on holiday for most of August, don’t wait until he’s gone to think about how to handle that.Luchelle24 24 Sep
1h Time to remove ID from non-current mythic raids Once again it's worth mentioning that having an ID for non-current mythic raids is a horrible restriction, especially for us who can't do raids with a guild. I come from pugging Emerald Nightmare mythic on my new demon hunter, ending after 3 bosses because people can't avoid a web on the ground and decide to get angry and leave, causing us who were there for a full run to get locked without the possibility of continuing since nobody wants to join and get locked. Even if you won't remove the oppressive restriction of ID on current mythic raids for us who can't raid with a guild - just because of world first, realm first or whatever which could be easily solved in other ways - then at least remove the restriction once the raid is not the latest one anymore. This time the elitists can't downvote me. :PArnathon2 1h
1h Antorus, the burning Throne "Guide" Hey, I made a spreadsheet quite a while ago that explains some mechanics of the upcoming raid. Some of you might find it useful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GOravoL0UeFraylKLLMWUtBspKB5F3mMgA1HWhs8hLc/edit?usp=sharing short link: bit.ly/newraid There's also some weakauras in there that I started making back in July 27th. (ptr tested them and so on) Cya!Causese1 1h
1h PUG idiots Why are folk so toxic in instances. Cleared a plus 8 NL with my BDK - final boss we wiped, and my fault apparently because a mechanic I cannot interrupt, can do nothing about, does a pitifully small amount of AoE damage (100k per step) The guy complaining died twice as much as anybody else, did only 11% total damage, no healing, no interrupts, no mitigation. Yet he is the one abusing the tank who died once, and did most of the healing (for himself) It struck me that this is just now getting 4eally bad, he suggested he had a 930+ BDK and he would avoid the knockback with Boneshield - really I can’t be bothered with this PUG thing again I don’t think - I even got complained at for pulling the random mobs to score 100% - cocksMumandarmus0 1h
8h LFG Doesn't Seem to Get Us in All the Dungeons Hey there. My group is having an interesting problem. We're currently in Outland, early 60s and we can't seem to enter all the dungeons we have unlocked in the LFG. In "Specific Dungeon" I can see 6 options up to Auchenai Crypts. But so far, out of maybe 10 dungeons, probably more, we've done 5+ times Hellfire Ramparts and since level 62 or so we've been getting Blood Furnace a few times as well. Why never get any of the Auchenai or Coilfang instances. We're all the same level at all times, currently at 63. This is very, very boring. But also doesn't feel correct? Is this how it's supposed to be? When are we going to be offered Coilfang and Auchenai?Voidarrow4 8h
15h Is it too late for M+? First of all I haven't been tanking in this expansion very much. I just came back to game and before that I played mostly resto druid. Now I think I'd love to get back with tanking what I've been doing for many expansions. First of all I know my ilv is not the best but it is something. Also it is quite hard to get very much better without good procs or farming in Argus. This means that raids and M+ are only way to go now. Raiding would require too much currently so I thought M+ could be a thing to go. Now is it already too late? I see a lot of groups with ridiculous ilv requirements (like 930+) and I get that they just want to rush with good gear everything through. I have mostly been looking something around +8. Is it too much or not enough for my ilv? Also people seem to have quite clear tactics. I don't know them and by watching videos it is quite clear that I can't remember all of it on one go. Do people get horrible mad if we can't make it for 3 boxes and instead doing smaller pulls and so on?Brunswick14 15h
19h Removal of Set Bonuses So... I've just been having an interesting discussion with my guild regarding the removal of set bonuses from raid gear in Battle for Azeroth. I, personally, think it is a good change; I'd be interested to hear everyone else's views though...Harpér11 19h
1d If someone ques as DPS... ...do not assume them to be anything else! Tank is the guy with shield icon. DPS is the guy with red sword icon. Healer is + icon. If someone asks "am i tank now" and you tell them "yes" then NO they are NOT because the tank is still within the group, and cowardly stands behind dps. If you don't tank, because you qued as dps, you get a kick. Nobody didn't give you any chances to talk about it! SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!Jacaru20 1d
1d Ulduar 10m Flame Leviathan, Vehicles no scale Tried two vehicles, chopper n siege engine (need achiev with those!) n the vehicles didn't scale with my hunter (iLvl 917). Used to kill him super fast but now vehicles do hardly any damage, he crushes them..Donteatmeplz4 1d
1d Can Rogues soak Armageddon Hail @Kil Jaeden ? Hey Guys, My Question is whether Rogues can actually soak the big ones @ Jaeden, whether its with elusivness cloak or the passive. Some guys tell me rogues can others say rogues can't. Only Peeps who know it for sure pls :D Thx for the answersRîsîng11 1d
2d Emeriss a bit too OP? https://imgur.com/ugjdpqe This was taken at 50%. He spawns WAY too many shrooms, chain stunned once you get hit by the moving thing, constant swirlies under you, breath debuff even if you dont stand infront. This guy is on steroids compared to the other dragons...Chocolates1 2d
2d Unable to reset instances. As the topic says, I am unable to reset instances in-game. This is only the case with mythic dungeons and mythic+ dungeons and only affects one of my characters (Ravtanden). To make my problem clear I will continue with some examples: I've run Seat of the Triumvirate on mythic difficulty this week and therefore I'm (loot)saved to the instance. If i enter the instance I will spawn just before the entrance leading to the last boss. Scenario1: I have a keystone for Seat of the Triumvirate +15. Normally I would right click my portrait, select "Reset all instances", enter the dungeon and put in my keystone. On this character though, I'm sent to the aforementioned location in the instance everytime i go inside as I for some reason is unable to reset the instance. Solution? Backtrack through the instance and put in the key. Scenario2: I have a keystone for Seat of the Triumvirate +15, but I want to run on +12 and therefore need to "bump down the key". This is done in a few simple steps: - Enter Seat of the Triumvirate - Put in Keystone level 15 - Leave instance - "Reset all instances" The keystone will now be Seat of the Triumvirate level 14. Rince and repeat for keystone level 12. Now this aint possible for me either as i can't reset the instance. If i follow the mentioned steps I will get right back into Seat of the Triumvirate level 15 in progress. To make sure this aint the correct "behavior" of instances I tested the exact same scenarios on my death knight and had no problems at all. I contacted a GM in-game with my issue and we ran tests for more than one hour and he even played my character to test it out. We didn't find any solutions and eventually he gave up. He suggested that I should report this as a bug through the in-game system, while also admitting that this most likely wouldn't get any respons and/or attention as its a very uncommon bug and that bug reports only are looked into if they are reported by a large amount of players (which in this case, it wont). Furthermore he suggested that i submitted my problem here on the forums. Can you please help me or put me in contact with someone who's able to help? EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did all this with all addons disabled and I also deleted my cache folder. These things shouldn't be affecting the issue though as it only occurs on one character and the GM also confirmed that it was a bug attached to the character and nothing on my end as he had the same problem when logged into it.Ravtanden2 2d
2d Deserter debuff after getting kicked? I was tanking an LFG Utgarde Pinnacle run earlier on my level 79 orc warrior. Before we even got to the first boss, (to make this short) I basically ran off quickly to loot something so that I could complete one of the quests. As a result of this, one of the DPS died. I got kicked from the dungeon for this, fair enough it was pretty !@#$ty of me, however I do not think it is fair that I receive a 30 minute ban from using the LFG system... I mean we didn't wipe, and we continued as normal (until I got kicked). Surely the deserter debuff is for those who exhibit toxic behaviour and leave dungeons early? And why can it be abused like this? I don't blame the others for kicking me, it just seems like a stupid system to me... Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?Jinyuzenho6 2d
3d Endgineer omegaplugg guide (how we killed it) Killed this hidden boss yesterday with an about 940 avg group. And holy hell it was difficult. Going into a fight that was released in 7.1, we didn't think that it would be such a big problem. But it really was. This is a tutorial of some sort since we weren't able to find that much useful material on the matter. So quickly how you summon him: kill the last boss in gnomergan and go to the first pillar on the left as you enter the room, behind it will be a small button you'll have to press. This will summon the boss. Now to the killing part. We read up that you can stop the bombs from flooding permanently if you press the red buttons on the pillars in the right order when the fight begins, but after multiple tries we had zero luck with other people's patterns, and since there were a lot of different button patterns online, we concluded that the buttons and their order is generated randomly for each group, which we didn't bother to trinker with. But if you can manage to find the right pattern and shut off the bombs, the rest of the fight shouldn't be too hard. So what we did instead was that our brewmaster monk (you need a brewmaster or another really high mobility tank + healer for this strat!!) Pulled the boss with our shaman healer, and would start kiting the bombs and the boss together on the edges of the room while the rest of the group waited outside the room from a safe distance so we wouldn't get aggro. Once 40 bombs had spawned (which is the limit, this is important and more about it soon) the rest of the group would run in and take the boss. We had two tanks, me being the other one on my blood dk (which is an awesome choice by the way). Now what's supposed to happen is that the tank should get aggro from every single bomb that they're kiting so that the healer can join the others. BE SURE NOT TO KILL ANY BOMBS OR THEY'LL RESPAWN AND RUIN THE FIGHT! Just damage them until you have the aggro preferably with one aoe from afar (they can't reach you at any point or it's a wipe again). Also a note for the healer: the reason why you're kiting with the tank and not wait like the rest is that the boss will sometimes give one player a dispellable dot called static, which has to be dispelled ASAP or it's going to kill you (one tick hit my 940 bdk for 5m). This is why a healer must be there running with the tank. If you got the first part right, the most difficult task should be over. At this point the other tank should be kiting all the bombs on the edge alone while the 4 others handle the boss. The boss itself is rather simple, but also very dangerous. He comes with multiple cone attacks directed at the tank which must be dodged (tank the boss away from the others). One small line, a bigger cone, a huge cone covering one side entirely and one big circle thats also huge and goes 360. Pref ranged dps here because they can still outrange the attack, while melee cannot. Tank should use a slight defensive here (each attack hit me for 5-7m). Then he has a rocket barrage type of an attack, where he spawns a load of small circles which must be dodged (don't know how much these hit for, but probably a ton so don't get hit). Then he has a dispellable dot which I mentioned before, healer must pay attention to this or someones going to die. The last move that the boss has is that when he reaches 50% health, he is trying to cast a heal that will heal him back to 100% no matter how low he is. THIS CANNOT GO THROUGH! The cast is about 1.5 secs so good reactiontime is a must. We assigned myself and the healer to interrupt the cast and I suggest you have an interrupt rotation as well, one interrupt is not going to cut it. And that's basicly the whole fight. The hardest part is to get all the bombs to aggro the monk and to make sure the bombs don't die or blow up. Healer should be either a druid or a shaman, we used the latter. And to those who think that they can just nuke the boss, no you can't. He had about 326m hp which isn't too much, but there's only about 5-10 seconds to kill him before you die if you try this. And that's it. The boss is very difficult, either harder or at least on par with mythic maiden which we were progressing on the same day (6% wipe, damn). And now you might ask, why should we overcome this great challenge? Well, the answer is simple. You get a dank lepergnome toy which allows you to be a lepergnome 24/7! 10 min buff, 10 min cd. What more could you ask for? At least that was enough motivation for us to struggle for 1.5 hours on the boss. Hope this guide helped someone/will help someone in the future.Lidlmage2 3d
3d Mythic Gul'dan mount after 7.35 Will the mythic Gul'dan mount still have a 100% chance to drop even after Antorus raid releases until the end of expansion? Cheers.Mayth1 3d
4d (Hunter) Halls of Valor solo Mythic FENRYR MISSING! I do not know if this is a bug or not, but I went solo mythic Halls of Valor for purpose to tame Fenryr. I soloed Hymdall and Fenryr, got them both but when I defeated Fenryr his tameable version did not spawn in the cave. I did everything right according to guide, dungeon was on mythic, it took me couple of hours to do this and multiple tries but at the end THIS HAPPENED. Anyone knows what this is about? Have i just lost my time? i submitted ticket and reported bug waiting for response, but i just want to know if anyone else encountered this and found any solution.Cheyen1 4d
4d Hibernation Crystal any class that would benefit the most out of a titanforged one?Bajspackare0 4d
4d ToS was terrible (Opinion) I am just here to post my opinion about the Tomb of Sargeras. Let me just first say, this raid is my least favorite raid in the game, I didn't think anything could top Heart of Fear and boy was I wrong. I don't know what to say except, the ToS experience really sucked for me, there was absolutely nothing to like in the raid: - Only 1 boss doesn't have a soak mechanic -The adds are annoying as hell. Every single trash pack in the raid is annoying, especially the ones leading up to The Desolate Host. - The bosses are so uninteresting and Fallen Avatar was disappointing. I expected so much when it came to fighting the Avatar of Sargeras, and we just got Ragg 2.0, if I should call it that, cause unlike Ragg, Fallen Avatar did not have a single fun mechanic. - I don't mind a fel themed raid. But the Tomb taught me one thing. Stars and Fel don't go really well together. Hellfire Citadel is the perfect example of what a fel themed raid should look like, and Tomb really failed to deliver on that part. Overall, I'm glad ToS's days are coming to an end soon. Every raid since the launch of Legion was great, each one better than the other, and Tomb just screwed the really good momentum Legion raids had going. I wish, and I hope Antorus turns out to be great.Klitto0 4d
4d Karazhan(Old) - Chess Event - No king. Hi I just returned to soloing old stuff and got stuck with chess event. I noticed it doesn't play even nearly as smooth as beginning of the Legion. My main issue is that I can't leave king, I take control of the king, button to exit on my bars isn't working. I couldn't exit the king. So with me trying to get out, so I could move other pieces, I choose to dismiss him and that de-spawned him. Which means I am now in endless chess match. Exiting raid doesn't fix it. Logging out and back in outside raid didn't fix it. Encounter seems to be fully stuck. I can't do anything, there are no pieces on my side, I am still pacified, so only thing I can do is to leave instance. Here is screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoW-CV6WLHbUriLwloGVb1e18qkk Another thing I would like to add is that it seems like event got some tweaks in kind of a bad way, it used to be bit luck based, but I would usually be able to win it by simply controlling the king and buffing troops. Seems to me like something changed, because this no longer works. Seems like clerks also heal less, while enemy warchief is getting plenty of healing. And I don't think that old event needed boost in challenge... Because I lost like 3 times before I got stuck. I usually would win it in first try. So some tweak here would be nice, since it is suppose to be trivial content now. Or at least option to reset the encounter, like surrender option at echo. Or maybe just some other way to control units or giving same AI as enemy to our units in solo mode would also work. Character: Shadowpawss Realm: Magtheridon P.S. Waiting seems to not be helping either. After death, I didn't feel like running back, but based on that Medivh keeps cheating after I enter instance, probably means encounter didn't end. :-DShadowpawss7 4d
4d "IT'S JUST LFR" Starting to be annoying phrase really... So if its just lfr then what are you doing there? To get starting gearset and chance for legendaries ofc and its a learning curve for new players...Damios10 4d
5d Legacy Raids Loots nerfed ? Hello Today I decided to clean Soo MM as always for the mount, but i'm only having one loot per boss. I've been running soo every week for a while now and I always had 4/5 items per boss. Anyone with the same issue ? regardsWesko1 5d
6d Curve to ToS What Curve should i link to participate in ToS HC ? I can't find anything they need :( Thanks!Ноткеу9 6d
6d Moonkin Hatchlings & Demonic Inquisition Playing Demonic Inquisition with the (non-off-clickable) Boomkin Hatchlings, who will last for 5 more days. It's absolutely epic to see my 5 little friends charge into bosses and just moonfire spamming... except for one thing: they kinda trigger boss effects that are triggering from pets... I'm a guardian druid and due to the AOE-like behaviour off my abilities... boomkins kinda go everywhere; as they follow the "assist" pet-AI... which means on demonic inquisition (M)... I kinda have 5 fast attacking pets on the wrong target... Result: insta-full corruption... worst of all: the adds spawning on inquisition tend to go there too and evade... also had a few harjatan insta-despawn on pulls... In other words: mini boomkins are fun but a bit buggy! Update: and now they are also resetting sisters...Rheahs3 6d
6d Beyond Heroic raiding Hi, In my opinion, the current raiding model has a big problem: the gap between Heroic and Mythic raiding. Normally, PvE guilds are either Normal/Heroic oriented or Mythic oriented, but there is (almost) nothing in the middle. The differences are simply huge, and it's not just the difficulty itself. Switching from a flexible raid to a fixed group size can be a dramatic change to many guilds (especially if they are less than 20 people). Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with how Mythic raiding works, but today many of us are just stuck on Heroic. We just need a way to go a step back once we overgear the current Heroic raid, so we are able to run challenging content without the need of changing our whole philosophy as guild. My proposal is to add Heroic+ raiding modes in a similar way that we have Mythic+ dungeons, but with a different approach: in this case, the Item level of the raid members would de decreased by a percentage (1-2% for example) per difficulty step, and the loot item level would be increased in some amount. This way, the whole experience would be kept intact. Bosses would be harder to defeat but there would be still some margin for gearing up for them. Probably, some adjustments would be needed to prevent a bad interaction with Mythic raiding, but nothing that could not be solved.Jolugon8 6d
6d Manners? Lets make this properly clear, saying "I NEED THIS", isint asking! This is announcing, that either we do this or kick, so yea, big differ.... agree? i dont mind doing extras in dungeons if ppl just actually asks for it...Damios2 6d
15 Nov Do we need a new Raid Difficulty Model? I just would like to start a discussion about the current raid difficulty model and possible improvements for Battle for Azeroth. I personally feel that four raid and to lesser extent dungeon modes is just killing the raid experience. What raid boss is supposed to be this unique entity but when you kill it on LFR, normal, heroic and maybe mythic every week it just devalues the boss, make it more stale and gets boring very fast. This also brings up the endless heroic split runs for the more hardcore players which is just a recipe for getting burnt out. This similar type model existed since WotLK which I feel it it is time for a change Looking at various raid representation stats and logs most people eventually do some kind of heroic content. People over time have become more skilled and in general skill levels have been greatly increased hence why the raid content is getting much more difficult. Blizzard stated numerous of times that they balance other raid difficulties around heroic mode. I just feel that if no normal mode existed, normal mode level players will just switch to heroic, they maybe struggle a bit and progression will be slower but they eventually get better. My proposition is that similar to ulduar raid model where you will only have one mode (which is tuned for current heroic mode level) and the option for the more hardcore players is to toggle mythic level mode while inside the raid similar to pressing the red button on Mimiron encounter and various other forms of this type of mechanic. If you kill a boss on standard level then you are saved on both difficulties so you have options per boss to either do standard or try hardmode. This would essentially kills heroic split runs and also require guilds to make decisions per boss level, try and progress on hardmode or just kill boss on standard and gear up. I also feel that and I know this will never happen but public raid testing is another big reason that is killing the feeling of epicness when you first see a raid boss and making raid progression race more boring. There are many guides way before even the raid is released which just kinda spoils the fun(how many of you hate when raid leader says go read a fatboss guide for next boss); if none has done that boss on live, there should no guide for it, blizzard please!!! This would make raiding more dynamic than just following pre-built strats and maybe encourage you to create your own strats that suits your guild more. Anyway, let me know how you feel about the current 4 difficulty raid model and do you agree with the changes I proposed?Paperkut6 15 Nov
14 Nov Antorus raid requirements Hi there, Just wondering what you guys think would be sensible raid requirements for Antorus on both Normal and HC difficulty; DPS/HPS requirement and ilvl... We normally give a rough idea for our guild before every raid is released, but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information online on Antorus... Would be interested to hear what people think. Thanks!Elaheh13 14 Nov
14 Nov Curve req for fresh ToS HC.. hahahaha! Okey .. LFP - ToS Fresh HC! LINK CURVE! Give me ONE good reason why curve is needed for killing first bosses. ONE good reason! Wish you all a wonderful weekend :) \\,,//(-_-) Live long and prosper!Kalqulated25 14 Nov
14 Nov Loop of Raiding I dont want to sound like a crybaby but i had enough of this. So as every expansion things became hard for players who didnt have time for grinding from beginning. Anyways the dilemma and the cancer of raid groups ; Curve. How does one supposed to get an achivement to get in raids which you get in raid? Does every player who came to party a bit late should boost himself? I have a wee bit lowgear but have brains to follow orders from raid leaders. Just because i dont have cash to boost myself (heroic tos selfplayed is about 250 euros on trusted boostsites btw) why my game experience should be nasty? How can i solve this ?Thysale10 14 Nov
14 Nov M+ gear increased in ilvl when raid is out? Hello all I was wondering if the gear from M+ will increase to keep in line with the raid tier? I am currently just running M+ dungeons but some buddies have told me not to bother. the gear ilvl will increase like it did when ToS release. I have no idea if this is true. Can anyone confirm? Thank youBajblink4 14 Nov
12 Nov Gearing Up! I am currently trying too gear up before next tier is released and im looking for people to do dungeons, raids (ToS preferably), rares and treasure farming on Argus. im currently ilvl 890. If you are intrested, feel free too add me Giovanni#2979Riculez1 12 Nov
11 Nov Guldan mythic personal mount drop qustion post moved to generalXerothar0 11 Nov
11 Nov Throne of thunder Raid finder I want to kill Horridon, to find Spaulders of dinomancy (In Raid finder mode) Lorewalker Han sent me to Throne of Thunder, BUT I enter with Tortos, and from there I cant go back to Horridon. Is it possible to join the Throne of thunder from the beginning in Raid Finder Mode?Flitwik4 11 Nov
10 Nov Dragon Soul LFR Was wondering if i should post to this existing thread, https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615094621#post-1 but i guess that would be a necro, so made a new one. The issue is the same though. Continuing from a post I made on mmo-champion: (ref: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2331740-Dragon-Soul-LFR ) I have been running LFR version of Dragon Soul voor 4 weeks now, and in that time i have gotten 30 fail bags, a trinket and 1 item. And I'm not the only one. In order to complete the LFR set it means i'm likely to have to run this instance for many months in the current loot system in LFR. The Heroic and Normal sets are easy to acquire these days. There is no need for the LFR version to be that horrendously difficult? There is no coins either. Changing it to the SoO system where you just get 1 drop from a boss would be very welcome, even with duplicates. You'd still be running many weeks to get your transmogs, but it would be achievable. Thanks for reading.Xaana1 10 Nov
10 Nov Why no Penalty for leaving M+ I'm not particularly bothered by people leaving Normal Dungeon Parties or Battlegrounds, you can get replacements fairly quickly. Yet, people get punished (I believe 15 mins for leaving a BG and even 30 mins for deserting a Dungeon Group or Raid). For my Mythic+ Group, I cannot get a replacement if somebody leaves, which usually results in failing to complete the Dungeon.. wasting everybody's time and degrading my key. So for leaving BGs, Dungeons and Raids (for which you can get replacements) you get an up to 30 min lock to queue for those again but leaving a M+ Dungeon is totally fine. How do you justify that, there is not the slightest logic in this. There are sick people out there who take joy in leaving the group the moment you activate your keystone.. others play completely reckless because they know you can't replace them and if you say anything they go mental in chat and then leave the party. And of course, never question anything the Tank does.. he will tell you 'Shut up or I'll leave!' .. I believe a good amount of Tanks even have a Macro for that line. In almost all other Games i play you face an appropriate form of punishment for intentionally wasting people's time, a bit disappointing to see that your sense of justice is anything but just.Dèéna26 10 Nov
10 Nov How does mythic+ score work? Been trying to find an answer to how your mythic+ score (on wowprogress) is calculated, the FAQ section of the website seems to be down. is it the higher the dungeon the more points? is time factored in to it? is there an optimal difficulty to farm to increase your score / should I avoid anything below a certain difficulty? thanks if anyone knowsZevlovex10 10 Nov
10 Nov BFA Raiding suggestion I have been playing WoW since Vanilla and would like to suggest an improvement for Raiding in BFA. In Blizzon it was announced that there will be 1 raid at start which will be at the Horde zone. What I remember from BC, WoTLK, CATA and even Pandaria we had the option on chosing mutliple raids per tier which prevented people getting burned out. What suggest is that adding mutliple raids per tier, the second tier does not have to have lots of bosses but it will be nice to plan raid A on Wednesday and Raid B on Thursday. What do you suggest?Kutsál6 10 Nov
09 Nov Fix the Aqwuatic Technician bug! As soon as they are attacked they start to swim down instead of towards you. God forbid if you use attacks like charge, then you are stucked on some kind of under-map-platform and the only way to get out is to use things like heartstone and fly/travel aaaaall the way back. Takes respeccing, timing and a frustrating amount of patience to kill them off before they disappear. Also I've been trying to post this topic many maaaany times giving an error 500 so Fix the forums too while you're at it.Synergy2 09 Nov
09 Nov Mythic + leaderboard bugged This is getting really irritating right now. Last week it didn't counted my 3 runs for Arcway, Maw and Eye. Now it is not showing my Cathedral run. I mainly do and enjoy mythic + runs. That's nearly the only reason I play this game these days and as all know if you want to enter a mythic + high key, it is required and very normal to have experience about it. But how can I show my experience while leaderboard is only showing top 100 runs of your server ? Isn't there a way to show your character's true progress at mythic + in game for everyone to see ?Nérdrage11 09 Nov
08 Nov Warlord Parjesh, Crashing Wave ability Looking for tips on how to handle this on Mythic+ mode, there seems to be no indication of how to "correctly" tank this? It hits me twice, for <x> (Mythic 14, 4.4million x 2 damage (depends on mythic mode.) on higher Mythic+ I find it often just "one shots" (two shots in the same second) - and there's almost nothing I can do about it, other times he just casually glides over me and I avoid both, there seems to be nothing I can do as a tank- short of a 2+ minute cooldown. and I obviously can't spam those, but he can spam his wave, if dps is low, he can get as many as 4-5 of them off. As a paladin, any tips? and no you can't run away/side step, he turns with you until his cast bar is done, and by then it's killing you instantly.Humio6 08 Nov
08 Nov Reward from mythic+ chest when Antorus launches The reward from a mythic+ 10 is currently 935. Will this be scaled up when Antorus opens and will the difficulty of the dungeons be adjusted again?Dandex4 08 Nov
07 Nov Dungeon scaling Hi is there Also gonna be dungeon scaling with the Mew lvl system and howQbex1 07 Nov
07 Nov Auto Spec Change in LF I think it would be great if our spec would change automaticly to the spec we have been accepted when we join to the group of LFR & LFD as it is done in PvP. In my case I do quests as a DPS and I do que to timewalking and events. By the time my loading screen is done we are already in combat and I can’t change my spec fast enough.Kutsál8 07 Nov
07 Nov Ilvl raid performance Is there any adoon that can track my raid dps performance live?Iknok2 07 Nov
07 Nov Dungeon Finder I left this game for over a year for many reasons one of them being the dungeon finder, being a nightmare to play in, well i came back and i was doing some dungeons, when i came across 4 apparent friends, 1 of whom was boosting the other 3, i didn't get to kill the first boss and got no loot because i died on the way to it because this individual ran through mobs and didn't kill any, same thing happened at second boss i had asked him to wait so i could get at least a hit on the boss but all i got was a mouth full, i have screen shots btw, of the convo if any blue wants to see, they kick me and i get a 15 min cooldown, the 15 mins is nothing but it's the principle, it's time blizz ended boosting in the DF, if you want to boost your mate then great, but don't treat others using the DF like !@#$.Arech1 07 Nov
07 Nov This dungeon vote the kick system is bad Few days ago i got kicked without reason make me really mad. So last 2 days me and another friend trying to figure out how this system work. Basicly if you in dungeon 5/3 of ppl wanna kick you. they can. Everything is normal until here. Me and my friend que a dungeon tonight i was healing everything vent normal. And i told her vote to kick me and give them a reason "noob" and baam u just get kicked. this system is !@#$ and should change most of time ppl just say yes. I dont care if i got kicked. But after then you cant que for 10 min is really reason to stop playing game? why i cant play a game i pay monthly becos of some dumbasses kick me way so unfair ?Tryheal15 07 Nov
07 Nov Raid Rewards!? So, im wondering why there arent options to choose once you complete a raid, will you get either gear/relics/currency/crafting materials "BLOODS", just like you can choose by questing? Could be lesser rng this way? If you are already geared then you could just raid for the superior gold loot? How bout it?Damios1 07 Nov
07 Nov I am the tank Stop pulling for God's sake. Or if you're going to pull, PULL THE MOBS TO MEKatïa62 07 Nov
06 Nov Artifact power drops I am not 100% sure how this work so i am asking. When im raiding usually when i dont get a gear drop an artifact power token appears after each raid boss dies. Today i was doing the first 3 bosses of heroic tomb and had chosen loot spec as arcane while playing fire and no artifact power items dropped, it is because of the different between loot spec/current spec or just RNG?Ralphë2 06 Nov