Dungeons & Raids

30 Jun Luchelle's Raid Leadership Guide Hi folks, Here’s my few years’ worth of accumulated wisdom on raid leadership, gathered from observing and leading casual social raiding right up to Cutting Edge raiding. This used to be sticked in “Raid and Guild Leadership”, but alas got deleted along with that entire subforum :-( so here’s a re-post. This is not a manual. I don’t talk much about exactly what loot system you should use, or how to come up with tactics. What I’ve tried to do here is give you a framework for thinking about how you run your team. I want to spark the right questions in your mind, not provide all the answers. Every raid team is different, after all, and the right answers are those that work for you and your team. Should I raid lead? A raid leader is… well, a leader. So, step one, go and Google “attributes of a good leader”. Plenty of articles on this, and you should strive to check most of these boxes. Most fundamentally, to be a leader, you need to be someone that people want to follow. Someone that people are happy to put their faith in. Think about raid leaders you’ve raided with before - who earned your trust, and why? I’ll bet the ones that came to mind were confident positive approachable good communicators. There’s a few additional attributes specific to WoW, though, that good raid leaders have in common. Personal skill. You don’t have to be the best player on your team, but you’d better not be the worst. You’ll struggle to earn the respect of your team if they’re carrying you. Tactical nous. You’ll need to be able to devise your own tactics. Adopting what other teams do will work to a point, but your team is different, and at some point, you’ll find a situation where everyone else’s tactics don’t work for you. Class knowledge. You need to know what your team brings to the table in order to craft tactics specific to them. Good, fast judgment. Which boss should we tackle next? Do we need to reset for more gear? Two or three healers? Is this recruit good enough? Call the wipe or persevere? You’ll be making lots of decisions, often quickly and under pressure, so you’d better make good ones. You can delegate some of this. If you don’t know all the healer cooldowns, for example, you can assign a healing leader to take control of that aspect. You can solicit everyone’s input into tactics choices. So if you’re a bit short in these areas, don’t worry too much. If you lose your cool at the first wipe, though, or you quickly feel down when you encounter problems, or you’re not an effective communicator, or you’re not comfortable taking charge… raid leadership possibly isn’t for you. You also need a certain amount of authority, or at least autonomy, within your guild. You don’t have to be the guild master. However: Personally I think it’s important that you’re at least an officer. This is partly so that you can implement your own decisions, like inviting your recruits; partly so that you can easily discuss issues like personnel problems with the rest of the officer team; and partly so that you have some built-in authority from the start. If you’re not the guild master, you need an understanding with the guild master that the raid team is your show to run. GMs who interfere too much in raid leadership can cause problems. But I also recommend that there’s someone people can talk to if they have an issue they’re unwilling to discuss directly with you. Even if you’re really friendly and approachable, you’ll find that occasionally someone has an issue with something you do and they’re not comfortable talking to you about it. Having a mediator figure available is a great way to get them to open up in such scenarios. This is especially important if you’re the guild master, as it could otherwise seem to them as if they have no other option. Building the team Vision I said above that “you need to be someone that people want to follow”. But I skipped the most important part of that: for people to follow you, you need to be headed in the direction they want to go! The most important ingredient for success is a clear vision of what “success” looks like. What kind of team do you want to build? Are you going to be a team that races for server firsts? A learning team for new raiders? A home for ex-hardcores who can only raid twice a week now? An all-inclusive social team? A mature “we totally understand if you have a kid-related emergency” team? Perhaps there’ll be a more extreme element of your team identity - an all-female team, perhaps, or an all-druid team (hi Monsterbaby). Try to think in advance about how your ideal team would handle common issues. What would you do if you had a raider who was consistently underperforming, for example? Live with it? Offer friendly advice? Bench until he/she improves? Boot from the team? What about someone who’s often late? What about someone who’s unprepared? Or argues with you unconstructively? The answer to these questions, and many similar ones, form part of the picture of what your ideal team looks like. Recruitment Once you’ve got that picture crystal clear, then you can go about finding the right people. The right people are obviously those who fit your vision, but they also need to agree with your vision. If yours isn’t going to be the type of team that will take action when someone repeatedly fails at something, that’s absolutely fine, but you need everyone on the team to have the same patience and understanding. If your goal is to clear tiers with only two nights a week of raiding, that’s absolutely fine, but someone who spends every waking hour in game is likely to get bored and leave, even though you get there in the end. If you recruit people who aren’t right for your team, then even if you have a short-term gain, you lose out in the long run. At best, you’ll have to replace them eventually when they realise that they’re in the wrong guild for them. At worst… well, we’ve all heard stories of teams destroyed by someone leaving and taking half the team with them, right? That’s what happens when there’s a significant mismatch in expectations. So, make it totally clear what people who join your team are in for, and put some effort into figuring out whether they’re a good match for you. How do you actually do it? Well, different approaches work best for different teams, but common options include posting in trade chat on your server, or using forums such as http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874708/ to either browse “looking for guild” ads or post your own “looking for players” ad. For example, you can see my ad at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715481665 to get a feel for what I’m on about. While I’m here, a quick note on forums: if you have a standard spiel that you copy-paste into every LFG thread of the right class, you’re doing it wrong. Take some time to read their post to make sure they’re actually what you’re looking for. Then take some more time to craft a personal reply to explain to them why you’re what they’re looking for. Otherwise, you’re telling them straight away that you don’t particularly care about them - which is either going to put them off, or leave you with a team full of people who don’t particularly care about your guild either. Composition What should your team consist of in terms of characters? I can’t say much here because it massively depends on your goals. Social teams will typically care almost exclusively about the people, not the classes. Those with a laser focus on progression will expect players to have multiple geared chars so they can pick the ideal composition for each fight. And this is a much-discussed topic elsewhere! What I will say is: You should have a target team size that reflects the commitment you demand. There’s no point saying “we understand that real life comes first!” and then having a Mythic team with exactly 20 people in it - if you’re not going to insist on 100% attendance, you need standby players available. Equally, if you sell people on consistent raiding, you’ll annoy them if you have far more players than you need and regularly rotate them out. For most levels of raiding, the player really is more important than the class. If you have the luxury of being picky about classes, though, variety will increase your options - and be aware that Mythic raids are sometimes designed on the assumption that a raid has all classes available. Don’t be surprised when we see fights that are significantly harder if you don’t have ability X. Plan ahead. If you know your main tank is on holiday for most of August, don’t wait until he’s gone to think about how to handle that.Luchelle23 30 Jun
30 Jun Mythic Keystone Dungeons at 7.2 Launch With the release of Patch 7.2, we’re increasing the difficulty of (and rewards from) Mythic Keystone Dungeons. To help you prepare, we’d like to provide some clarity on what those changes entail. After Patch 7.2 has been released, the minimum item level of the rewards found in the end-of-run chests will be as follows: Mythic 2-3: 870 Mythic 4-5: 875 Mythic 6-7: 880 Mythic 8-9: 885 Mythic 10+: 890 (Note: bosses in Mythic Dungeons run with no Keystone active will drop item level 865 gear.) The minimum item level of the rewards in the weekly Challenger’s Bounty chest (found in your Order Hall) will be based on the highest difficulty Mythic Keystone dungeon you cleared that week, as follows: Mythic 2: 875 Mythic 3: 880 Mythic 4: 885 Mythic 5: 890 Mythic 6: 890 Mythic 7: 895 Mythic 8: 895 Mythic 9: 900 Mythic 10+: 905 So, if you clear a Mythic dungeon using a level 6 Keystone after the patch is released, you’ll see gear of at least item level 880 at the end of the run, and will get a piece of gear with an item level of at least 890 in your weekly chest. Keep in mind that the difficulty of the dungeons themselves is increasing to match these rewards. As we transition from Patch 7.1.5 to Patch 7.2, you’ll get a lower-level Keystone with the reset this week than you may otherwise be expecting. This is due to the increase in difficulty of these dungeons in Patch 7.2. For example, if you completed a level 9 Keystone in patch 7.1.5 and then were given the usual level 6 Keystone next week, that’d actually be an increase in difficulty. To avoid this, we’re making these adjustments for this week only to reduce the level of Keystone you receive based on what you’ve completed this week: Mythic 2-8: level 2 Keystone Mythic 9-10: level 3 Mythic 11: level 4 Mythic 12: level 5 Mythic 13-14: level 6 Mythic 15: level 7 (each difficulty level above 15 increases next week’s Keystone level by 1) As to the gear you’ll find in your weekly chest, its item level will still be based on the highest dungeon you complete this week, but the rewards will be based on the new 7.2 scaling. To put it more directly: completing a Keystone dungeon of difficulty 10 or higher this week will result in a reward with a minimum item level of 905 in your next weekly chest, which is the current maximum reward in Patch 7.2. We hope this helps clear the air on what you can expect from Mythic Keystone dungeons next week, as well as what you’ll find waiting for you in your Challenger’s Bounty chest. Good luck!Lore27 30 Jun
16m mythic keystones is it just me or do you find the higher mythics really not fun to do? do you no find its not about skill its about how good the healer and tank are? do you not find its just rush and nuke and little skills? ok sorry to sound boring and bring vanilla into play but i remember running instances without timers but the whole thing was about crowd control and planning the battle. i found some of these instances tense and so exciting. the rogue would sap, the hunter would trap, the mage would sheep etc. why could we not have mythic plus's something like this? maybe give the mobs bigger health pools and more damage. or is it just me that hates the rush rush rush???Jodar9 16m
23m Change the name of Random Heroic to Random Karazhan Every single time i decide to do a "random" heroic for the AP bonus, i end up with either upper or lower kara. I mean its a cool instance and all but it would be nice to see something else than that. I really think there should be a way to exclude dungeons from the random heroic queue like you are able to do with battlegrounds.Figgis2 23m
1h [BUG] Mistress Sassz'ine dissapearing during fight As I cannot post on the bug report forum in the US forums I will post it here, as some more could have encoutered this bug. Our whole raid team has logged bug reports in-game. So just posting it here to let you all know this can happen. Who: Xiantivia (+ Knights of Ni raid team) Where: Anachronos EU, Heroic Tomb of Sargaras, Mistress Sassz'ine encounter When: 27th of July 2017 @ 22:47 Server Time What: Around the moment where phase 3 should kick in Mistress Sassz'ine just dissapeared and as in after a wipe not much later. How: Happened the 2nd time for us in +/- 20 pulls and we have no idea what caused it.Xiantivia0 1h
1h Best race for Horde warrior ? Hello there everyone. I have a boost available and I have figured out I will boost a fury warrior. My faction is gonna be horde and I will mostly do PvE. My question is, what race should I play ? I am thinking about the Pandaren, for the food buff and because I like the aesthetics, especially with certain sets. But I need another opinion as I don't have a big experience with PvE and I don't know which race has better racials etc.Zentsu3 1h
2h Min Raid iLvl I need a minimum overall of 825 to use raid finder. How can i get better items? I seem to be stagnated in terms of better loot. Almost no quest gives me better ones. I would like to avoid buying gear... Ps: I just started the world quest introduction (friendly honour with some factions)Monkeydhugo5 2h
9h Activity counter? How bout it, you would need like 100 hits per raid boss to be loot worthy? This could do sometin for against afkers and bots? Ofcourse that number needs to be adjusted for every fight and healers have their own thingy...Damios0 9h
9h Trying to finish ICC25 alone, but stuck in same party. I was doing ICC25 on normal, helping doing achievement for Glory. But no matter what I am stuck in same party. Is there anything I am missing? I though if I leave party and change difficulty for myself to Heroic, I will be alone. The same way people share lockouts with other characters. Perhaps I misunderstood that system...Кроурейн1 9h
12h Poor behaviour from Spectral Thurible(Trinket) In its current form it is aiming towards the enemy that procced it and shoots a projectile that will damage anyone in front and behind of the enemy, as it should. Depending on how close you are standing, the projectile can pass through the target and continue to travel up to what seems like 30-40 yards. This isnt problematic if it were to function like most other trinkets such as the Detoriated Construct Core that does not damage enemies outside combat. It does not however, and it is a ninjapulling machine inside dungeons and will be the result of many wipes. Although i havent experienced this many times, there also seems to be a bug where you sometimes pull enemies behind you aswell. Which has only happened with the Spectral Thurible equipped.Rustibus1 12h
16h Heal for raid and mythic Hello, i go a new main, i think in a heal but i dude... Whats is more easy for raid and mythic? And best? ThanksGannîcus12 16h
18h KJ obelisks management tutorial Hey there, As I've seen so much player struggling at managing obelisks, I've made a very quick tutorial which presents two mental techniques to better understand and handle them. Since english is not my mother tongue, there may be some mistakes, sorry about that. Hope it helps you, please let me know if you find this useful :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mva6m9yd0jh6wpa/kj_obelisks_management_en.pdf?dl=0 JazeJazhe0 18h
20h Spectral Thurible bugged or horribly designed The Spear of Anguish created by the Trinket "Spectral Thurible" is shot in a very, very long and uninterrupted line. It will damage anything in its way, including mobs behind its target, and including mobs that are not in combat with you. This is resulting in a borderline unusable trinket, especially in m+ situations, where the proc ends up pulling additional packs most of the time. I refuse to believe this is its intended behavior, no matter how well I try to position, there's always going to be the mob that moves slightly (charges, tank moving out of the sanguine, etc.) and ends up misplacing the spear, and all you can do is slowly watch it pierce through the next pack of mobs and wipe your group. Rather frustrating to have to stop using the BiS trinket for my spec because of such a blatant flaw in its design. I hope it's a bug, and I hope it gets fixed soon.Demribs3 20h
20h Mythic + reward to low on +15.. Hello guys, Am I wrong or has the end of run reward for +15 always been the same as the raid hc level loot? In 7.2.5 hc gives 915 but +15 only gives 910 ? It seems very low to get 910 loot when max is 955. Do you know if they will buff it to 915 or any information about this? Im not talking about the weekly chest, rather the end of run reward. Mythic + is now harder than ever also, seems kind strange to nerf the loot how many items you get and ALSO the ilevel compared to raiding? ThanksRedemptiion18 20h
21h Tos Advise Hi guys there are just 1 or 2 mechanics I dont understand in TOS the 1st is at kil'Jaden when you need to look for Illidan Stormrage and found him must you stand in the green pool around him or just near him. Second one is at Demonic Inquisition where he casts Echoing Anguish as I understand when the boss gives you this debuff you must run away somewhere where there is no other players around and must be dispelled.Bientjie5 21h
22h Kill Jaden not a team effort. WoW raids is suppose to be about roles and class mechanics and abilities that should carry the raid through the fight till u succeed in killing the boss, but at the moment the 1 player fail penalty (soak) have rendered all those abilities and different rolls to Zero = wipe which i find odd considering game design. i hope Blizz re-consider this and re evaluate the boss mechanics.Druidhan8 22h
23h Cathedral and Karazhan balancing issues So I have been meaning to make this thread for a while now. Let me start off with an example of this imbalance: This week when I received my key on my 929 IL Healer main, it was a Cathedral +14 key. I decided I wanted to get rid of it quickly so I poked my tank friend who is 927 IL. We then listed the group, clearly advertising that we're doing a +14 Cathedral keystone. No one signed for 20 minutes... With a tank and healer already in group. Mind you, usually we instantly get groups for dungeons when we make them, due to being a tank and healer. So this brings me to the topic: Is Cathedral AND Karazhan just slightly overtuned? (By slightly I mean A LOT). These dungeons have already been nerfed multiple times, yet people are scared of doing them. One of the reasons, I believe, are the damage differences in the dungeons. The massive damage output that a healer has to deal with on the last boss in Cathedral has no comparison in any other dungeon. Doing a +15 cathedral feels like doing a +20. The same goes for Karazhan. The bosses in here are miles stronger than in any other dungeon. To fix this, I'd suggest lowering the numbers by a fair amount. Maybe make the scaling on the new dungeons different from how the others work, simply to make it more fair. This is especially important with the new Mythic+ dungeon competition that Blizzard just started advertising for, and I really think that it's important that the dungeons are at least comparable when doing the same keystone levels. Thank you.Livari35 23h
23h Can Rogues soak Armageddon Hail @Kil Jaeden ? Hey Guys, My Question is whether Rogues can actually soak the big ones @ Jaeden, whether its with elusivness cloak or the passive. Some guys tell me rogues can others say rogues can't. Only Peeps who know it for sure pls :D Thx for the answersRîsîng5 23h
1d Which healer for M+? I am kinda lost in the chase of which is the best healer for M+ atm. My question can be put fairly simple: Is all healers as good as any other right now, or is it still Hpala which rates best in higher keys?Sallíe14 1d
1d Bring Back the Old CM I've now waited patiently to see if Blizzard would bring back the old challenge mode system in Legion but it seems to be a topic they don't wanna mention. I've played wow since Vanilla and done both PVP and PVE yet i haven't seen such a great content as Challenge Mode was. It was a place where Item level wouldn't matter but your skills and the knowledge of your class was the true power. Don't get me wrong, M+ are a great content as it makes it possible to gear up as 5 man instead of being forced to do Raid pugs. But i miss the true challenge where everyone was balanced quite well and a casual player could have a chance to be as good or better than a Mythic Raider because of the equality of items and the competition was great, not weekly based. Help me bring some focus on this topic so Blizzard will at least consider bringing back their greatest content back again.. Best regards Elebie, an old challenger who truely miss the good old days <3Elebie4 1d
1d Trinket charts for all dps specs Hey ho, from now on you can find charts for all trinkets for all specs under the following link. https://bloodmallet.github.io/ As a member of StormEarthAndLava (Guide for elemental shamans) I'm creating trinket charts on a regular basis. The charts list all available trinkets by their expected dps-value. But now I went ahead and did the same for all dps-specs with the help of SimulationCraft. As I suspect, that I'm not the only one looking for a quick overview on trinkets, I published the charts on the aforementioned page. I'd love to see your feedback, impressions and ideas for improvements. I want this page to be as accessible as possible. Yours sincerely, Blood(y) I posted this in NEW/RETURNING PLAYER QUESTIONS & GUIDES first, but was told here would be a more appropriate place. :) I'd love to see your feedback.Bloodmallet6 1d
1d LFR parceling, seriously? Short version: stop dividing the content into bit sizes just to drag it out. i doubt there are many people who are interested in this sort of model. OK, so in recent months i've reduced my WoW activity, my previous guild fell apart, etc etc. end of story, i am now an LFR "raider". my problem with the place is not the laughable ease in which it is cleared (mostly due to way overgeared players and raiders burning the place down) or even the rush mentality and go go go crowd associated with it. my problem is with the parceling blizzard has made of LFR. specifically with the last split. 2 bosses for the 3rd wing of lfr just so you can delay the full LFR clear by another 2 weeks? this last wing on lfr takes about 15 minutes to clear. i do no object to the speed (after all, i have limited time slots to play in) but this feels like an obvious delay tactic so that the majority who do not raid normal+ not burn through the content. and it's done in such a hilariously obvious fashion that it adds to the insult. i am not looking for quantity of content, i am looking for quality, and parceling like that is nothing short of insulting. this whole patch has been nothing short of delay delay delay and gating everything behind timed constraints to make it seem longer. kindly stop that, if you can't have quantity of content, at least maintain quality. all you're encouraging right now is a frame of mind in which people will sub for a month at the end of a patch, see the content, then unsub for 3-4 months until the next patch.Ashwillow1 1d
1d Suggestion about em bonus loots! I mean the ones that usually tanks and healers get from joining lfr when their portrait is glowing yellow.... Okay, so what if it required you to hit boss upon the spec that you qued as to get that extra loot? not as dps, you shouldnt get anytin if youre in wrong spec when boss comes, i know ninjapulls happen allways but then you shouldnt que for any other role than just that one you are actually going to play, multiple role que is fail desing tbhDamios4 1d
2d Mythic + Leavers Okay so i've been playing alot of Mythic + dungeons recently, and i've experienced that people begin leaving before we are done. That means that i would usually lose a level of my keystone AND the player that left didn't get any penalty. SO i would like that people who leave mythic + before the dungeon is finished would get a penalty Or if any of you have a better option for this pls leave it under this post -Yeziel Resto druidYeziel16 2d
2d no wonder no one want to tank for pugs Yes, this is a rant. I swear to god, i was in a GOOD mood this morning. before i started tanking some low level m+ runs. between people who pull "for you" because "you're going to slow", people who "oops ran into that pack", people who won't interrupt, people going afk in the middle of a m+, people who can't seem to know what to do (and won't take any advice on how to) and to top it all off, act rudely toward me just because "it doesn't matter" and "it's just low level mythic" and "lolz". i'm going back to tanking for my friends, who at least i can communicate with on TS and not get stressed with. and who i know aren't douchebags.Ashwillow88 2d
2d Mythic progression frustration due to wowchecker I'm a healer, due to having to take a few months off because of work commitments my ilevel fell and my myth score too, I'm in a small guild with levelling up people and like the guild I'm with so have to pug for progression. Problem is anybody can get to my ilevel in days and the majority actually are so it's left me stuck in a rut... To get an invite to a plus 15 you have to had completed one in time as every elitist !@#$%^- checks wow progress or expects you to have 930 ilevel to make it easier for their lazy *!@ even though they already have the gear, For me this is ruining the game and making it frustrating and no fun at all. I've spent half a Saturday getting declined when all I want is a chance..When will you learn that by giving these elitist jerks the information on the characters you are ruining the game Blizzard? wow progress is your baby and you alone are responsible for many good players not being able to progress which is part of the enjoyment of the game, we don't all have time to run a million mythics to get the +18000 or whatever they ask for scores like these elitist children or students without jobs do or have guilds that haven't got lives. Do you at all remember the millions of subs you had before ilevel and stat sheets as people would actually get a chance to play? Have you thought that is where you may be going wrong. I myself am on Eve this afternoon and we all know how frustrating that can be, but at least I'm having fun.Lashia15 2d
2d Low level healing so harsh? or was it my faul? Sorry for my bad english. I have been watching some resto druids on Twitch and liked the class so much that i wanted to try one for myself. I did some research on Youtube and downloaded some healers addons. I have been leveling all day and it went fine, no wipes in the lowers lvl dungeons, untill level 45 and 15 minutes ago in Stratholme. I was in grp with a mage and a warrior tank and two more people who didnt say anything. The mage started to attack one grp while the tank just run towards another grp of mobs in the other direction. I had to run from the mage and the tank to try keep them alive but they died and the rest of the grp wiped. I was then called a noob and they told me that i suck and all that. They told me to uninstall wow and never play it again. I was really enyoing playing this druid untill now 15 minutes ago but those other players really made me so sad so i might just delete the druid and start a dps or maybe stop playing wow for a few days. I tried my best to keep them alive but when the mage went the other way and the tank continued the other direction it wasnt that easy. I tried to keep them both up :/ They kinda destroyed my good feeling of playing wow again because i though i was finally playing a class i could play alot at max level. I have many characters, but only dps classes. My questein is.. is healing a unthankfull job? I dont want to play a game and be called bad names when i actually try to do my best. Again sorry for my english.Oksestruts8 2d
3d Low Level Dungeons & Pull-Toxicity Hello, I'm a returning player, just coming back from a roughly 3 month break or so, and decided to begin levelling a new character. Of course, I'm choosing the most efficient strategy for dungeons, and tanking while levelling. However, lately, I've noticed most of my dungeons. being a case of "hurry up lol" - to the point you're barely able to loot the mobs, to the point where people would even pull bosses. It's rather frustrating to queue up as a tank and not be able to do your role properly, even after politely asking them to stop ninjapulling. This has been the case in 5/6 of my latest dungeons, the only one where it wasn't the case was a Blackfathom Deeps run I did earlier today, which was surprisingly pleasant compared to the other ones. I think the attitude that dungeons should be hurried to that degree is toxic, and bad for the game overall. It also undermines the point of even doing dungeons for the newer player. Why have a Tank/Healer/3 DPS system in the first place, when it just teaches you that the roles literally don't matter? I'd like everyone else's thoughts on this as well.Chaliniara25 3d
3d M+ karma What is m+ karma score shown on wowprogress ?Ellyene3 3d
5d Maw 1rst boss w/ skittish How do you do this boss on high m+ with skittish/tyrannical? You can't dps him down before the skellie phase because of tyrannical and then in skellie phase the tank can't aggro the adds because of skittish so they just run around one shooting everyone. Seems like an impossible fight IMO. Has anyone found a way to deal with it?Gitmox8 5d
5d WoD Transmog Challenge Mode Hey Guys, i havent played the Expansion WoD. started@ Legion. I wanted to have the Sunblade transmog on my rogue. Soo....uhm how can i unlock this challenge mode or even do it? Cause i cant activate or there aint even a tab or i am too stupid to find it-.- So i cant set the dungeon mode to challenge mode what i have to do. Can someone plz help me out with this. Thx in advance!!Pvybz2 5d
5d OldSchool Raid Enemy HP/Damage Multiplier? So, BT timewalking was.. an experience.. not too shabby, we had fun as a guild. Problem is it fits into that same old "slightly-too-easy" TW category. So it lead me to remember the best memories I have in wow are going back an expac or two with my bestest wow buddy (buddies) and progressing them as a duo (or trio), having to come up with abstract methods to deal with certain mechanics (Like kiting R.o.S up and down the ramp to LoS the casts in p2) This felt really rewarding and is what I miss the most. We didn't care about the loot, just the experience. Nowadays, our damage is ramped up so much that wiping through old raids is nowhere near as fun anymore and is typically just an annoyingly long run to the end boss that holds the mount - or whatever it is we're chasing - while racing to be the first to get the 1-shot off on our way through each boss. In turn, this lead me to wonder about just an optional HP/damage multiplier (similar to M+) that would literally just multiply all enemy hp or damage to a level that we can set our own challenge. many raids have had a buff applied that nerfs them after the content (ICC in particular that you could turn on and off by talking to varian), would it be possible to reverse said buff and increase their stats instead? Keep the loot the same, it's not about that at all. Sure the balancing would probably be a little (waaay) off on certain mechanics - but that's just more fuel for abstract thinking. This over legacy servers in my humble opinion.Tricell0 5d
5d dh o druid tank hello, i am new, and i have a question, i just do raid and mithyc, i dude druid or dh, which is easier? is bad dh?thanksGannîcus7 5d
6d Best tank in 7.25? Which class is the best tank at the moment? I'm coming back from a break, leaning towards druid or DH?Brie16 6d
6d Mythic+ weekly chest is frustrating with bad RNG I feel like the mythic+ weekly chest loot is very frustrating if you have bad RNG and pull an item that is effectively worth the vendor price. This happens waaaay too often in my opinion - may that be a relic with terrible trait, out-of-place trinket or item same slot as your BiS legendary or TF tier piece you managed to get. All week long effort, farm, group finding, coordination, mastering the top level content and the reward is ...52 gold? Frustrating. How I would like it to be fixed? Two options comes to my mind: A) Option to re-roll the item you got as some cost (seal perhaps?) B) Choose 1 of 3 items offered I think both options would give meaningful and interesting choice every week in addition to reducing the impact of bad RNG on the gearing process. Since it is weekly reward, it only makes sense for it to be good and desirable no matter how (un)lucky one is. Your thoughts on this matter?Shanill7 6d
6d Enemy aoe abilities still broken So when 7.2 first hit there was something that broke a lot of aoe abilities that enemies did, Elisande, gul'dan being the biggest ones and they were reported fixed. This is however not the case in a lot of dungeons and you still see it happen randomly at gul'dan, so whats up with that. Off the top of my head the abilities include but are not limited to: -First boss in cos, aoe stun (cone behind and front) animation being 90 degrees in wrong spots randomly. -First phase gul'dan eyes from the add (still). -Vault of wardens before the first boss. Fel infused furies cast fel gaze which randomly stops spinning and just hits one or more people constantly. - Grimewalker in maw of souls. Cast animation bugs to different direction instead of going in front where the damage is. These are just the ones off the top of my head. Anyone else have similiar issues or just my groups?Jayparade0 6d
21 Jul Im tired Can you nerf Kil'jaeden HC For idiots Can you nerf Kil'jaeden for iq -5 people Im tired of this boss already on heroic i got 550 whipes bought 7 wowtokens now can you nerf him already... Im bored of him and paladins papper tanking that can't even tank him or idiots that cant stand in the swirls or people just dpsing boss dieing in ph1 can you stop makeing only 1 boss hard in each raid tier and will you address paladin's papper tanking and Kil'jeaden's idiot phases? Is money an issue? Or are you just out of ideas blizzard // Im not angry just tierd of raiding for only one boss each raid tier that is unkillabole with noobsHarry40 21 Jul
20 Jul Throne of the Tides, what's wrong with the map? I'm sure, you had a little giggle while creating this map.. http://quickdungeon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Throne-of-the-Tides-Dungeon-Map3.jpg There's nothing sexual about this. -.^ I mean, sure the one who created this drawing of the dungeun must have had his fun. ... .. Is this intentional Blizzard? Or is it just me who saw this, and thought... "Well that sure is interesting". -.^ ??Nixena8 20 Jul
20 Jul LFG Tool - A thought. Too keep things short, I've been lucky across my characters with the LFG tool and groups formed by it, it's a good tool for forming groups no questions about it. But(there always has to be one), my wife has been less lucky with healers dropping the group straight after getting the item they want, be it a quest one or gear. This places the group in a bind, given there are just so many healers/tanks in queue at an given moment, and rarely do they want to jump into a partly cleared instance. As I recall the abuse with the LFG tool kicking and randomly inviting other people caused this in the first place, but my question is, why not open up for invites when people just up and leave of their own free will? I'd gladly jump in to help my wife finish the darn instance, but I can't because the LFG tool doesn't want me and there's no way to invite me because of the "LFG PuG must die by the LFG Tool". I'm sure Blizzard can put a small check inte the line of code that governs this, if the player got kicked, well tough luck. But if the player up and left of their own free will, inviting a friend or guildie shouldn't be blocked off. Anyone else feel that this has been an issue for them? Or is it just a case of pug life?Kadar0 20 Jul
20 Jul Lerngion... Seriously, everything in this expansion is RNG based, classes/drops/Titanforging/procs/legendaries/specific legendaries/keystone drops/keystone loot chest etc. Seriously, im just about done with all this RNG bs, it just cannot be right nor fair that some people are getting lucky and are instantly bis geared where as others are getting the same crappy items every week, im done with WoW if this trend continues, i am sick and tired of Blizzard not responding to the wishes of the players.Reavx8 20 Jul
20 Jul Legacy raid difficulty reset bug Has anyone else found this bug? The bug i'm talking about is when you set the difficulty outside the raid (25 HC in this case), and when you get to a boss and you kill it, and the difficulty has, for some reason, been reset to 25 normal. I have had this happen to me several times when doing ICC to farm invincible, and all of these times i've lost the opportunity to do Lich KIng in the desired difficulty, even though I set the difficulty outside. It might be related to doing Ulduar right before, and the difficulty not updating properly, since Ulduar doesn't have an heroic difficulty, but since it is not the first time i encountered this bug, i always check before entering the instance, but apparently, that is still not enough. I only saw that the difficulty was reset when looting Marrowgar and the items weren't heroic, which means that another week was lost, even though I checked the difficulty before entering.Ihavenobuffs1 20 Jul
19 Jul Fallen avatar and kiljaeden lag Every week on wednesdays when we get to fallen avatar and kiljaeden the server lags up, flames dont go out, multiple beams get activated on fallen and give him energy, same thing happens on kiljaeden with server freezing up and then releasing with all the abilities at once... its been there since launch and still is.. on kazzak at least, needs to be fixxedGeowar0 19 Jul
19 Jul Timewalking Black Temple Timewalking Black Temple even was too short. Why waste insanely long content on short event?Fabu0 19 Jul
19 Jul Timewalking BlackTemple lockout i had a premade group and we killed all bosses up to teron gorefiend, and then the reliquary of souls. still had to do gurtogg. but my internet shut down and when i came back i was locked out and couldnt joint a timewalking black temple anymore. blizzard cucked me. i want to finish it so bad but i cant. please fix this bug. or change it if its not even a bug.Idarizrio3 19 Jul
19 Jul My Black Temple TW experience (Thanks Blizz) Joined a group excited to take a nostalgic trip down the halls of Black Temple.. only to be kicked out of the raid after first boss with a /rw from leader "mwhahaha so long suckers" .. Was a good first boss fight. Really enjoyed it. Well done Blizz for putting the lockout in there and not allowing anyone to rejoin another group. Really helpful. Impressive work with the timewalking system, really looking forward to other raids. Need to kill more first bosses and get locked out. Good job.Meetyoutoo12 19 Jul
19 Jul Lockout of BT TImewalk hotfix July 12 Hotfixes Bonus Event [With realm restarts in each region] Players who have obtained different raid lockouts are now able to group together and queue for Black Temple Timewalking. is that mean, that we are only locked on loot now and we can go again ?Mikedan7 19 Jul
19 Jul Timewalking Black Temple reset? I was too lazy to search the forums, so I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I tried to go back to Illidan to fight him with an 8/9 curve, with an exclusive 8/9 curved team, but it seemed like everything was reset when we joined the raid, is this normal? Do we have to do something specific to avoid this? Or is my only choice to redo the whole raid again, cause that took almost 4 hours last time, not including illidan of course.Northlick4 19 Jul
19 Jul BT TW fail made me not reaching my Tmog Goal Even tho my time is limited this is the very thing ive been waitng for since i heard about it. Now due to BT not being LFR style. Ive tried and tried and tried and still not yet been able to eve nreach illidan. My time is limited but ive taken time to do this. And becuase ppl keep leaving ang bosses reseting after you leave. Well.... We wouldt even have this problem if we where able to just replace people... Please blizzard i beg you, let us invite ppl :(Faruxx5 19 Jul
19 Jul Black Temple TW Lockout Hello, Can somebody explain me how this works? Yesterday i did first 2 bosses with a PuG which disbanded after, so i made another group, queued up and the raid started from the 2nd boss, so my save seemed to work. We went to illidan and we stopped there. Today i decided to continue from where i left but it seems i only get fresh starts, even thou i and the rest of the group are saved 8/9 we still get fresh instance. How does this work? How can i make it to continue from where i left?Axecity9 19 Jul
19 Jul M+ Tournament Qualification Rules We have some questions about the upcoming qualification for the M+ Tournament. The current information about this topic is not very informative. Competition requires a baseline at which all competitors are starting more or less under the same circumstances. This is not given if you don't apply some restrictions in terms of the usable gear in the qualification process. A lot of people are interested in the upcoming M+ challenge, but not all of them are (very) successful (mythic) raiders. Even the best M+ only group won't have any chance, if a line-up of very good mythic raiders putting some effort in M+ with 20 more item levels and premium trinkets in their bags. I wouldn't call it a competition, if it's already predetermined by gear what sort of players will rule the ladders. (gg.dohteM#)Metroidprime3 19 Jul