Dungeons & Raids

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
24 Sep Luchelle's Raid Leadership Guide Hi folks, Here’s my few years’ worth of accumulated wisdom on raid leadership, gathered from observing and leading casual social raiding right up to Cutting Edge raiding. This used to be sticked in “Raid and Guild Leadership”, but alas got deleted along with that entire subforum :-( so here’s a re-post. This is not a manual. I don’t talk much about exactly what loot system you should use, or how to come up with tactics. What I’ve tried to do here is give you a framework for thinking about how you run your team. I want to spark the right questions in your mind, not provide all the answers. Every raid team is different, after all, and the right answers are those that work for you and your team. Should I raid lead? A raid leader is… well, a leader. So, step one, go and Google “attributes of a good leader”. Plenty of articles on this, and you should strive to check most of these boxes. Most fundamentally, to be a leader, you need to be someone that people want to follow. Someone that people are happy to put their faith in. Think about raid leaders you’ve raided with before - who earned your trust, and why? I’ll bet the ones that came to mind were confident positive approachable good communicators. There’s a few additional attributes specific to WoW, though, that good raid leaders have in common. Personal skill. You don’t have to be the best player on your team, but you’d better not be the worst. You’ll struggle to earn the respect of your team if they’re carrying you. Tactical nous. You’ll need to be able to devise your own tactics. Adopting what other teams do will work to a point, but your team is different, and at some point, you’ll find a situation where everyone else’s tactics don’t work for you. Class knowledge. You need to know what your team brings to the table in order to craft tactics specific to them. Good, fast judgment. Which boss should we tackle next? Do we need to reset for more gear? Two or three healers? Is this recruit good enough? Call the wipe or persevere? You’ll be making lots of decisions, often quickly and under pressure, so you’d better make good ones. You can delegate some of this. If you don’t know all the healer cooldowns, for example, you can assign a healing leader to take control of that aspect. You can solicit everyone’s input into tactics choices. So if you’re a bit short in these areas, don’t worry too much. If you lose your cool at the first wipe, though, or you quickly feel down when you encounter problems, or you’re not an effective communicator, or you’re not comfortable taking charge… raid leadership possibly isn’t for you. You also need a certain amount of authority, or at least autonomy, within your guild. You don’t have to be the guild master. However: Personally I think it’s important that you’re at least an officer. This is partly so that you can implement your own decisions, like inviting your recruits; partly so that you can easily discuss issues like personnel problems with the rest of the officer team; and partly so that you have some built-in authority from the start. If you’re not the guild master, you need an understanding with the guild master that the raid team is your show to run. GMs who interfere too much in raid leadership can cause problems. But I also recommend that there’s someone people can talk to if they have an issue they’re unwilling to discuss directly with you. Even if you’re really friendly and approachable, you’ll find that occasionally someone has an issue with something you do and they’re not comfortable talking to you about it. Having a mediator figure available is a great way to get them to open up in such scenarios. This is especially important if you’re the guild master, as it could otherwise seem to them as if they have no other option. Building the team Vision I said above that “you need to be someone that people want to follow”. But I skipped the most important part of that: for people to follow you, you need to be headed in the direction they want to go! The most important ingredient for success is a clear vision of what “success” looks like. What kind of team do you want to build? Are you going to be a team that races for server firsts? A learning team for new raiders? A home for ex-hardcores who can only raid twice a week now? An all-inclusive social team? A mature “we totally understand if you have a kid-related emergency” team? Perhaps there’ll be a more extreme element of your team identity - an all-female team, perhaps, or an all-druid team (hi Monsterbaby). Try to think in advance about how your ideal team would handle common issues. What would you do if you had a raider who was consistently underperforming, for example? Live with it? Offer friendly advice? Bench until he/she improves? Boot from the team? What about someone who’s often late? What about someone who’s unprepared? Or argues with you unconstructively? The answer to these questions, and many similar ones, form part of the picture of what your ideal team looks like. Recruitment Once you’ve got that picture crystal clear, then you can go about finding the right people. The right people are obviously those who fit your vision, but they also need to agree with your vision. If yours isn’t going to be the type of team that will take action when someone repeatedly fails at something, that’s absolutely fine, but you need everyone on the team to have the same patience and understanding. If your goal is to clear tiers with only two nights a week of raiding, that’s absolutely fine, but someone who spends every waking hour in game is likely to get bored and leave, even though you get there in the end. If you recruit people who aren’t right for your team, then even if you have a short-term gain, you lose out in the long run. At best, you’ll have to replace them eventually when they realise that they’re in the wrong guild for them. At worst… well, we’ve all heard stories of teams destroyed by someone leaving and taking half the team with them, right? That’s what happens when there’s a significant mismatch in expectations. So, make it totally clear what people who join your team are in for, and put some effort into figuring out whether they’re a good match for you. How do you actually do it? Well, different approaches work best for different teams, but common options include posting in trade chat on your server, or using forums such as http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874708/ to either browse “looking for guild” ads or post your own “looking for players” ad. For example, you can see my ad at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715481665 to get a feel for what I’m on about. While I’m here, a quick note on forums: if you have a standard spiel that you copy-paste into every LFG thread of the right class, you’re doing it wrong. Take some time to read their post to make sure they’re actually what you’re looking for. Then take some more time to craft a personal reply to explain to them why you’re what they’re looking for. Otherwise, you’re telling them straight away that you don’t particularly care about them - which is either going to put them off, or leave you with a team full of people who don’t particularly care about your guild either. Composition What should your team consist of in terms of characters? I can’t say much here because it massively depends on your goals. Social teams will typically care almost exclusively about the people, not the classes. Those with a laser focus on progression will expect players to have multiple geared chars so they can pick the ideal composition for each fight. And this is a much-discussed topic elsewhere! What I will say is: You should have a target team size that reflects the commitment you demand. There’s no point saying “we understand that real life comes first!” and then having a Mythic team with exactly 20 people in it - if you’re not going to insist on 100% attendance, you need standby players available. Equally, if you sell people on consistent raiding, you’ll annoy them if you have far more players than you need and regularly rotate them out. For most levels of raiding, the player really is more important than the class. If you have the luxury of being picky about classes, though, variety will increase your options - and be aware that Mythic raids are sometimes designed on the assumption that a raid has all classes available. Don’t be surprised when we see fights that are significantly harder if you don’t have ability X. Plan ahead. If you know your main tank is on holiday for most of August, don’t wait until he’s gone to think about how to handle that.Luchelle24 24 Sep
6m Best range class for mythic + Hi all as title says I want to know what's Best range class for mythic + . I have every class at 110 so that's no issue and I enjoy all classes but what range class exceeds in mythic + ? Atmo I'm torn between ele sham and a Mage (spec not yet decided) but I'm open to play any range class as I get my enjoyment in game from doing well and I know any class can do well when played right but lol, I'm willing to put time in to learn. Thanks in advanceSomeoné0 6m
2h End of Mythic Antorus ranged bias Am I the only one noticing and having a problem with this? There is just one single fight in the entirety of Antorus where it is useful to be a melee, and pretty much every fight at the end gives massive advantage to being ranged, and it gets worse and worse the farther in you get. I understand that, as a mythic guild, you have to stack classes, so I'm not complaining as in "I can't do this", but rather as in "I think this is unfair". Let me unpack that. Garothi Worldbreaker: Not a huge difference, but range are near the middle of the map and don't have to run as far when the boss transitions. Felhounds: Here it's actually good to have a mix due to the "Venn diagrams", a we like to call them, we you have to stack, and ranged have a hard time on the fire side. Fair enough. High Command: This advantage is short-lived though. It makes little difference, but when bats spawn on the "wrong side", it's easier for ranged to cleave them. Melee risk tripping mines on the way there. Portal Keeper: Imps can spawn inside the shadow explosion. Ranged are much better at dealing with this. Eonar: Bats are an important part of the fight and only ranged can kill them. While you can bring a good mix and do well, you're probably better off with a range heavy comp. Imonar: Ranged can stand still when they get hit by sleep canisters, melee need to react very fast by contrast Kin'garoth: Ranged don't have to stop DPS when orb rolls in, melee often do. It's harder to see bombs from melee due to being able to see less around a circle when close to it Varimathras: Melee must stop DPS entirely when hit by plague, ranged do not. In addition, not bringing enough range will ruin your ability to kill the add. You need only one rogue to deal with the spear Coven: Loads and loads of mechanics that restrict movement to such a degree that melees just don't work. Most kills are done with less than 4 melee, because they simply don't work. World first had no melee at all. Aggramar: If the raid has less than 10 ranged, the melee just can't live. 10 range does include ranged healers, but if you have paladins and monks, you gotta sit melee. By contrast, there is no mechanic which makes you have to take less range. Argus: Not sure on this one yet. There is like one boss that punishes you for taking too few melee, and every other boss either works fine whatever or requires you to take more ranged. You almost never get punished for taking too many ranged. This is especially problematic in that there are more melee than ranged classes in the game. It just feels kind of silly. Can I request of Blizzard to make melee a little more useful in BfA?Ishayoe5 2h
4h Weird Raid Lockout Issue Hiya, So sometimes I run old raids with friends, then when we get to the boss that drops a mount, we leave the raid and ungroup. We then re-enter the raid solo and down the boss so we all get a chance at the mount drop. However, recently this hasn't been possible and even though we aren't in a group, we end up in the instance together again. Who ever the raid leader was is the only person who get to kill the boss and the others get booted out. We've tried resetting the instance, logging in and out, leaving the instance for a few hours, all to no avail :-/ Is this not possible anymore? Any help is awesome thanks :)Minimynx1 4h
4h Can we, please, get LF normal Raids? So much time wasted while waiting for a group for Normal Antorus ... Declined, declined, declined ... They want curve or 930/940 + gear. I have ilvl 933 on this alt and 937 on main but usually that doesn't help. Why can't we have LF normal tool as we have LFR? Ilvl requierements should be 920/925 or something around that. My main is itlvl 937 and it takes me few days to find a group (usually i need to wait until sunday/monday lol). Let Heroic and Mythic raiders organized their groups, ok? I just don't get it why i have to wait so long for a normal raid ... And no, i am not planning to join some hardcore guild, i am a casual player.Uland21 4h
5h Replace M+ score with an ingame system Enough is enough ! I do +15 key every week , i do not raid no more , i do not need a site to tell others if i am good or not ! People do not understand that at this time 7.3.5 you actually need people to be 950 for an in time clear of any lvl 15 key ( given that they know how dungeons are ) . Prevent WOWlogs from updating our info without our permissions at least , and make an ingame system that shows others our performance on different affixes Highest LVL on each affixes , how many times , clear time , DPS /HPS , loot then an overall performance score P.S. i do +15 lvl key each Week , on 3 tanks ( Pala , warr , and DK ) , Still i find it very difficult to get in a group cause WOWlogs says i am not WORTHY !Metalhoof23 5h
5h Northrend timewalking mob scaling failed This stuff is all over the place man. There's bosses with 800k-1M hp, which seems to be a good spot for them to die at a reasonable pace. Then there's bosses that are way beyond that. Third boss in Halls of Lightning has 1.8M hp, and the last boss in Pit of Saron has a whopping 4.6M hp. And i know in PoS you have slightly higher item level gear, but with the new gear scaling, that in no way compensates for 4-5 times higher hp compared to other bosses. I rather not have a mini-raid boss in my dungeon group that takes 4-5 minutes to kill.Gogeta15 5h
7h Mythic+ good class? Heya. I want to start doing mythic+, haven't done one since start of Legion. But I don't know which what class I want to do it with. What classes (preferly dps) is good for m+? The one's I have now at 110 is: DH Pala Sham Warr Druid Hunter Any of these good to start gearing up and running m+ with? ps. all of them are equally fun/geared (except for DH zzzz)Drakelito10 7h
8h Classic Dungeons and Sunder Armor Hello , i wanted to talk about a classic dungeons mechanic that is scaled poorly to an extent of outright stupidity. Sunder Armor - It is designed to REDUCE you'r armor by some value stacking in power.Now the reality is : 1 STACK - ALL ARMOR GONE , literally at that point a clothie would take the same damage as you. Please fix this.Regnever0 8h
12h Ulduar Timewalking - Small group viable? So the bluepost for Ulduar Timewalking says assemble a group of 1-30 players... How well does it scale for small groups? There's around 8 of us hoping to do it but some are worried we need a minimum of 10 people. Thoughts?Úlairi2 12h
16h Please Do Something with Mythic+ Leavers Guys, Developers, please read this! It's not a championship. The Mythic+ isn't a championship. It's a game mode for players, but these players can't invite another player for the leavers spots, and these leavers demolish other gameplayers a lot of times in mythic+ dungeon runs. These leavers left the dungeons a lot of times without reasons or with an unfair reason, and it's a really really !@#$ thing for that players, who just want to have fun in this game. It's a really annoying thing, and the orderly players can't do anything with this. Just The Developers can solve this problem! We can't. We just can give an idea maybe, because, this problem is still unresolved after a year. I have an idea, a really simple idea. If you can figure out something else, it's ok, but need to fix this problem. So my simple idea: If a player leave mythic+ dungeon: stop the timer; teleport characters to entrance, to start point; use the wall to fence off the dungeon; and let invite other player to the leaver's spot. And after when the new player come in to dungeon, the key owner can restart the timer from that point where stopped it, and the party can continue the gameplay with pleasure. It's not a championship and the most players like me want to enjoy the gameplay even with unknown players, and it's a simple solution, but it's a solution. Please thinking about it or on similar solutions, and fix this problem as soon as possible, because it's a huge problem for players who want to enjoy the game. If a Forum Maintainer can offer something to the developers attention, please do it with this post. Thank you very much for who can help to resolve this problem. Best Regards, a player who want to enjoy mythic+ runs even with unkown people.Thottee13 16h
17h I.level requirements for raids and mythics so the way i see it gearing up past 920 your only option is raids norm and over and to do mythics+10? but why is it that every single group for these things are asking for people with i levels well above that. the fact i need to be 950ilevel and have curve to participate in a normal ant raid is silly how am i meant to raise my level from 920 to 935 and up if everybody will only accept higher people for the raids and dungeons where i can actually get drops that are 930 etcHoraxi11 17h
1d Herald of the Titans 7.3.5 I googled this achievement and one of the results was "not possible anymore since Algalon now has 25 million hp with 7.3.5". Why cant we have fun, Activizzard?Dall11 1d
1d Way to CHEAT ilvl / curve / score requirement Figured out how to cheat when people ask for ilvl / curve / score for groups . . . . . ''''''' Make your own group''''''' Cant believe none has thought of this before (how long before blizz fix???) And best bit is, you can invite other people with no ilvl / curve / score and glide your way to success!Zevlovex7 1d
2d Ulduar no more 25? I know I had to switch to 25 so that the mount drops, but now it always switches 10. Does yogg-saron still drop the mount if I do it on 10?Solemnasar1 2d
2d CoEN Unlocked in BfA? Greetings, I was wondering whether Cathedral of Eternal Night will be automatically unlocked on your alts, when you'll be leveling through Legion? I have already completed every storyline in Legion on my Paladin. But currently I'm lvling my alt Shaman, and if I wanted to queue for CoEN it's locked and it says... I don't mind doing the questline again but in the future it would be nice if it was account-wide unlocked and accesible for all your alts. When leveling to lvl 120 we will go through Legion zones again and also spam dungeons, so I think it's fair to have every dungeon unlocked in Legion when BfA comes. Edit: correcting grammar mistakes.Zarthus3 2d
2d Mythic HFC Would it be possible for a hunter to solo/two man mythic HFC (Hellfire Citadel) and at what ilvl?Cinduriel4 2d
2d Argus The Unmaker How do you determines where he would smash the Cone of Death? :-)Elefier5 2d
2d Hfc gold on tier bosses with PL I've been trying to collect tmog from hfc, but i've found that with personal loot tier bosses always drop gold in all difficulties. This is especially annoying when trying to get appearances for drops in lfr since you can't switch to group loot. Is there a way around this bug?Zrin2 2d
2d The status of vanilla raids after 7.3.5? So me and my sister just reached level 60, and now since the classic dungeons and raids don't scale anymore, we thought we'll soon try 2-manning the classic dungeons and raids. I have quite a lot of concerns, though, since the new additions to 7.3.5 seems to have tons of unintended consequences. For example, the forced personal loot thing. From what I understand, it means that even if we kill a boss in a 5-man dungeon, there is 60% chance that neither of us get anything. This sounds terrible, feels unfair to have less overall loot dropped if we have less players. I've seen people here complain about transmog collections, has this been fixed, or is there some kind of workaround? For example, we'd really like to do Blackrock Depths, since that dungeon is basically not in the LFD system (only two very short sections of it, which don't even cover any of the quests), but it's be a bummer if most bosses just didn't give any loot at all. And what about raids such as Molten Core? There was an official post from Blizzard that they didn't intend to make transmog runs harder, has this been fixed? Currently, at what level will be we able to complete the vanilla raids? 70? 80? Also I wonder what loot system applies to raids...Lysende0 2d
2d Why do miss, parry and dodge still exist in raids? I somewhat understand the parry and dodge mechanics so that it melee actually have to think where they're standing in a boss fight that doesn't have frontal cleave attacks but the miss mechanic is just completely rng and makes no sense to existGoriel5 2d
2d Dear tanks in daily heroic We all want to get this daily grind out of the way as soon as possible. To achieve this, here's what I would recommend (and what I do on my alts): Pull 1-3 packs of trash at a time Give them a couple good smacks to keep aggro (if they end up on casters, it will slow down the kill time considerably) Give them a stun or a slow, so they don't move out of ground AoE, and casters can finish them off (most can't cast their most efficient spells while on the move). Ideally, DPS should help with this Move on to the next pack while DPS finishes these off, optionally bringing them back towards the DPS if it takes too long Pull boss when done with trash Here's what will NOT speed things up: Run straight to the first boss, without hitting the trash at all Have half the DPS and healer locked out of the fight because they've been stunned/slowed/killed Have the other half of the DPS unable to kill the boss because they are stunned/slowed/killed by the trash mid-boss fight Slowly solo the boss with the small amount of dps you do as tank, taking several minutes instead of 30s Big thanks to all the amazing tanks out there that provide us with fast, safe runs on a daily basis!Nanethiel21 2d
3d Timewalking +920 loot? Wouldn´t it be fair that loot in timewalking dungeons should give higher ilvl now when they are same difficulty as a mytic +10? Timewalking raids give +930 ilvl on the loot and so should the dungeons also do now! Only reason to do timewalking is the the chest you get for weekly quest. And that extremly small chanse on the mount. So wouldt it be right that you get loot that fits difficulty that timewalking dungeons have now?Morbidkiller9 3d
3d Revert Dungeons now ! 80+ impossible every time almost without fail, with the reduced stats and inflated health pools it is like we are back in 4.0 cata again except without the tactics or intellegence involved. Basically everything takes an absolute century to kill, and it ends up wth a tank or healer dying and the whole group disbanding. And if you DO manage to get through a MOP/Cata Dungeon ? be prepared to spend legit up to an hour doing them... Who thought this change would be 'fun' ? There is no 'Difficulty' it is just the fact everything has so much bloat it is virtually impossible to finish any of them.Helterskeltr7 3d
3d Raid debuffs are missing? (SoO etc) last week i helped a 90 guildie run SoO mythic. i do all my MoP+ raid farming on a 930~ rogue, but thought, im 905~ should be no issue. the whole place felt slow, especially the first boss. but when we got to Galakras, i could not knock her down before our faction leaders were killed. i thought it was another bug connected to the leveling issue recently. we wiped about 10 times, then i noticed that the mobs had no debuff. (-30% hp and damage or whatever). i have gone into SoO today on mythic and 10N and the debuff is not there. i found a post on american forums saying that debuffs have gone or are not granting the debuff on MoP and WoD content. Is anyone else having this issue? can a dev escalate this please as i am sure this effects lots of people and am surprised why i cant find any EU post on it. i have left a bug report, but i dont know how fast those are acted upon.Phillcollins0 3d
3d Best mage spec? Title sais it all, recently returned to the game and just wondering which mage spec is the best for dungeons/raids? Many thanks :)Chitty4 3d
3d Daily heroics - thoughts on healers joining as dps? I'm feeling a bit torn about this, as I see the pros and cons of both. On my shaman, I go Elemental. My Healing Surge does 1M+ crit heals regularly, so I am fairly confident I can keep someone alive if they take a lot of damage, even in DPS spec (though I will switch for some dungeons, like Seat, or if we struggle in any way - never happened). On my monk, I normally go Mistweaver. I don't feel my Effuse does enough healing if I sign up as WW, so I wouldn't be able to save someone if needed. I still go kick stuff, and do at least 500k dps, while keeping Renewing Mists flowing (people never need more than that). What are your thoughts on this? If you see me as dps on my shammy, do you think "damn, no healer, now I gotta pull extra carefully and slow us down"? If you see me as heal on my monk, do you think "damn, actually on healing spec, gonna be so slow"?Lainathiel25 3d
3d [7.3.5] No loot from 5-man Dungeons Hello Everyone Since the patch you can not change the loot type from personal loot in any 5-man dungeon. This is a huge problem since you can not farm transmogs which are not appropriate to your class/specialization. This was the case in some dungeon before the patch however now if you go soloing in any 5-man dungeon there is a chance to get a loot from a boss kill use to be one fix loot/boss. Here are some nice example; I did 4 full ZG heroic runs: There are 6 bosses in ZG I got 4 loot from the 4 full runs. Before the patch you get 24-28 loot from the 4 run since the last boss could drop 2 loot in the same time. Blizzard made transmogfarming impossible. Just imagine you have 1 day lockout on a heroic dungeon and now it didn't even drop loot, nice joke but April 1. is far away. Please spread the word hope we can change this.Buffmonk31 3d
4d Timewalking Raid You should make it possible to find new ppl for the raid as it is in a normal raid cus atm its a waste of time when ppl start leaving and going offline and u need to disband and make whole new raid just to continue the time walking raidPicollus1 4d
4d Dungeon deserter for being kicked?! Every timewalking week it's the same nonsense. What exactly causes this issue, punishing players for the choices of others?Levey3 4d
4d Great, Blizz made all dungeon loot personal, buuuut.... It doesn't really help us transmog hunters when there's still a chance that you don't get a drop at all when soloing. The draw from this would be that you're guaranteed a piece of loot from the boss you just killed that will fit with your loot spec, but if there's a chance nothing drops, then the benefit this change could have made is kinda null and void.Megapala8 4d
4d DPS AFK in Dungeon Finder - lose tank Every. Single. Time. You sit in queue for 15 minutes. A DPS is afk. You return to queue with a healer, 3 dps, and no tank, when the tank had accepted. What is up with this? Is this "working as intended?" I've heard explanations of "well maybe the tank was in a group with the AFK dps" - 3 times in a row, which is what is happening with my Priest on the other screen right now? 3 invitations, 3 accepted tanks, 3 AFK dps, 3 returns to queue without a tank. Is there any point in hoping that maybe, just maybe, Blizzard will fix this ridiculousness?Gwyna3 4d
4d About the stat template in Timewalker I can't tell wether this is a result of the new levling scaling or if this has been going on longer but today when I did the 5 timewalker dungeons for the weekly quest, I realized why they're not fun anymore. It's because of the stat template. I'm used to having 39% haste but in TW I get a measly 18%. That's terrible since pretty much every ability I have are casts. Demonology Warlock relies heavily on haste and to reduce it to half of what I usually have makes it incredibly boring to play.Zeldaedvin1 4d
4d Ulduar Weapons Can we make it so Ulduar TW doesn't drop weapons? At least for Legion...Wonker0 4d
5d Mogu'shan Vaults Elegon lockout bug Since 7.3.5 a 4/6 (Elegon and Will of the Emperor alive) Mogu'shan 25man normal lockout will isntead give you a 4/6 (Spirit kings and Will of the emperor alive) lockout. Which would be impossible since you need to have killed Spirit kings in order to even reach Elegon. As mentioned, this has occoured to me since the release of 7.3.5, before the patch this lockout worked just fine. Today after the reset a ran the instance to get a new 4/6 lockout and the same bug still happened.Girbo3 5d
5d Ulduar 25m yo , anyone else cant switch to uldar 25m ? i keep getting 10m even if i have it set on 25m and i always think its visual bug so i try to kill first boss and it drops 10m items and i cant go for my god damn mount. its like this at least MonthAtrata2 5d
5d Daily heroic dungeon 60% karazan 20% cathedral 20% seat of triumvirate I think 1 year passed since last time I got neltharion's lair or DHT while queueing for daily hc. I do them every day on 8 chars but I only get those 3. Is it some broken algorithm?Metalnutz3 5d
5d Kick abuse So I was just running a heroic daily dungeon on my 955 resto druid with a friend who was playing Warlock, we were put in a group with two under-geared dps and a frost dk queued as tank who didn't bother changing spec. Realizing it was gonna be slow I just started chain-pulling the majority of DHT in travel form while the lock followed me with blazing rush. When suddenly, the DK piped up and told me to slow down ( keep in mind, me and the warlock were pulling all the dps and tanking and I was keeping the other 3 guys at 100% aswell) When I told him it was heroic and to calm down he instead made some dumb remark and promptly vote kicked me after we were already at the 4th boss... This is not to mention that the warlock who I was with didn't even get a say in the matter, but somehow the two dead weights did tl;dr - why is the system for kicking in group finder so bad and shouldn't it be fixed?Kang18 5d
5d BFA Question gear/hp Hi guys, with the next expansion how will it works in the old raids/dgs with the new hp,ilvl etc It's quite strange cuz seems that 110 will have better stats than 120, did blizz mentiioned already something about this?Shinøby2 5d
6d Scaling older raids with ilvl With the recent implementation of scaling in the 1-100 zones I got thinking: Wouldn't it be great if older raids would scale aswell? When a new patch/raid tier get's released it always renders the old one obsolete because we get better gear and our power increases. Sure you still can run older raids but with a higher ilvl it's not as challenging as before (And I hate that) So I thought, wouldn't it be cool if older raids scale with our ilvl? That way older raids would always be challenging regardless of player level or ilvl. But what about transmog and mount runs you ask? Well instead of making the scaling permanent Blizz could make it optional and add it to the Timewalking Events. I know that we already got Black Temple and Ulduar but I want a Timewalking mode for all previous raids. Granted I don't know how much work it takes to get the scaling right but it would be awesome.Kazanjo0 6d
6d Why Twinks Ruin the Game Bit of a rant, but I need to understand something here and I can't really adequately convey my point of view without ranting. So I just got kicked from an end zone dungeon on a character I'm leveling because I complained about the level 100/101 twink Enhancement Shaman that was supposedly a healer. Now why I complain is that, in this specific case, he pulled so much that 3 of us died, I wasn't even among them, but he and I managed to clear the mobs anyway. So he wasn't really do spectacular damage which, if you're going to cheese the queue and run healer or tank role as a DPS, I expect that you'll top meters or do enough damage so as to be able to negate the possibility of anyone dying which he clearly did not. So he's literally cheesing and then failing to perform even if, in this case, he had 860+ ilvl pieces and a legendary of some sort, and this is my main gripe with this sort of thing; I literally can't stand when people can be so arrogant as to cheese the queue by selecting tank or healer roles and then playing as a DPS meanwhile failing to perform in such a way as to compensate the lack of support in terms of holding agro or facilitating heals, but I'm told that I should be glad for the free boost and that it "makes the dungeon go faster." Well, in this case, 3 of us died no fewer than twice per person, and time was spent individually resurrecting the people that died; that doesn't seem particularly efficient or fast to me, and pointing this out, not out of frustration due to the deaths exactly (because I didn't die) but out of frustration that, if the aim was to boost the dungeon run and get it done faster, he failed in the most embarrassing way gets me kicked then I need to understand, in what possible world, do I deserve the kick while he goes on freely and without reprimand? I just need to understand where and how calling people who are cheesing things, and failing to perform deserves a kick, and why I should be grateful for the "free boost" in such cases where people die because the so-called booster can't actually boost effectively.Cuddlewaffle13 6d
6d Crossrealm mythic Antorus Hello, I want to ask when we get crossrealm raiding for Antorus content? We are farming heroic for weeks but our roster of ppl resides in two realms, so we can even start mythic, if we would get 20 ppl. I cant imagine we will continue farming heroic for another 7 months. Thanks for answerGebiksgoddes10 6d
6d Scaling to tbc/wotlk dungeons playing as a 59-60 holy priest in the nexus. my tank was level 68 with 26k hp and my flash heals were healing for 2k at both 59 & 60. there still seems to be some issue with scaling. even going from 59 (392 intellect) to 60 (395 intellect) surely this cant be correct going into a 'new expansion' bracket. wearing full heirlooms and piece in every slot.Vívíí0 6d
12 Feb Loot locked in LFR without getting loot. Hey so, I've experienced this issue, that if you get locked outside the boss fight in LFR, you get loot locked for that boss once it's killed, but you will not receive any loot, nor will other players be able to trade their loot till you. This has happened to me, this lockout, with 2 bosses in Tomb of Sargeras. People pull the boss before we can run inn and so we get locked out, and therefore also get loot blocked. There was also another shaman in my group who wanted to trade me the belt drop he got from Sisters of the Moon, but he couldn't because I wasn't directly inn the fight (locked outside when running back from the dead), but I got no loot from the boss itself, yet I am officially loot locked in LFR on that boss. Is this supposed to be a feature, or is it a bug? Because it's annoying as !@#$ and demotivating.Spoekels0 12 Feb
11 Feb Has Saprish on Seat got a bug? Fairly sure that Saprish is supposed to share HP with the Cat and Shadewing, but at least three times now we have killed one before the others. We even killed Saprish first on one of the pulls and got the completion for it, and then had to finish up his bird and cat which had relatively large amounts of hp left :S Anyone encountered this bug? or have they just changed the fight and not updated the dungeon journal?Keébz3 11 Feb
11 Feb 7.3.5 Ulduar Raid Lockout Hello! Today I tried farming for Mimiron's Head, as I usually do, by having one character beat all the bosses up to Yogg, and then using that characters lockout to get my alts up to Yogg without needing to run Ulduar. This doesn't seem to be possible anymore, I don't get the window saying that I'm entering an instance in progress. Could anyone confirm whether this is this case? I don't really mind doing the instance with every alt, it's not that long after all, but it's a minor inconvenience. Apologies if this has already been mentioned or asked - I couldn't find any information about this anywhere.Gallonis25 11 Feb
11 Feb Do Dungeons also level with you? I preface this question by saying that I have come back to WoW after a couple of months away. (New job + moving house = no time) So while I am vaguely aware of all the new updates, I have little in-depth info. I am aware that now zones level with you so if I was to enter say Desolace at level 45 the mobs would be around my level. This would continue until I got to level 60. What I would like to know is if this is also the case with the mobs in dungeons? That is, if I were to go into a low level dungeon, The Deadmines for example, would the mobs be in the level 15 or level 45? Is the cap also level 60?Hikaon2 11 Feb
10 Feb Help a m8 out Hello there stranger, Recently got back into wow and not really enjoying melee as I used to so....I've been thinking about ranged (or Rogue lol?) What are your, the forums suggestions for a fun class that can easily succeed in mythic + and do well in raids? So far I've been thinking about Warlock or Boomkin but I'm open for suggestions. I have noo idea which class is doing well and which aren't, so please enlighten me! Which class is recommended for me, bare in mind that I can't play more than casually because of my job! XOHectik5 10 Feb
10 Feb People instantly leaving 60+ dungeon. Whenever I find a group for a dungeon, someone, mostly tanks, leaves a dungeon in a few seconds after arrival. It happens not even often, it happens nearly every time. What's going on?Sarylei8 10 Feb