Monk

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
23 Oct Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx500 23 Oct
21 Apr [Guide] WW PvE 8.0 Since my first guide was not really in depth i wanted to create a more in depth guide, and i don't have enough placeholders for that This guide is pretty similar to the German version from Shadlii/Yilwi, so if you are active in that forum, you might recognize the layout. 1 - Best way to get Help 1. Read the complete guide, and the bonus parts on peakofserenity.com if you are new/unsure 2. Post on the character you need help/add a link to that character so we can see your gear/talents etc. 3. Give us information about your problems, the easiest way to do that is via warcraftlogs! 4. Always be polite! Even if you have an other opinion than the person that is trying to help you or discusses with youWajoba13 21 Apr
19 Apr 2017 [Guide] Brewmaster - Get rolling with the Brews Introduction I decided to make this guide to help those who want to play Brewmaster in legion and bring more clarity to the spec. What will this guide include? -A quick understanding how abilities synergize and how they function. -How to appropriately gear up your Brewmaster so you don't feel like a wet sponge. - Make you understand how each stat benefits the BrM so you can build around it to suit your play-style. -Bring you closer to enlightenment to how amazing and complex this spec is. Abilities and Core Mechanics Brewmaster is a leather wearing tank that specializes in dodging and delaying damage through a mechanic called Stagger. With the use of brews Brewmaster are able to delay more damage into stagger and get rid of a percentage of damage currently in stagger. With the use of of certain abilities Brewmasters are able to reduce the time needed for a brew to ready again. The Brews Our core abilities here are IronSkin Brew which delays a further 40% of damage taken into stagger and Purifying Brew that clears 50% of damage currently in stagger. These two abilities share charges with each other and is important to learn how to balance the use of these respective brews. Fortifying Brew gives you a buff for 15 sec, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, increasing the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 20%, and reducing all damage you take by 20% and is our major defensive ability on a 7 min CD Talented- Black Ox Brew: When used instantly refills your Energy, and restores your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges. It has a 90 second CD Abilities that shorten the CDs of your Brews Like any Drunk fighter trying get more brews, you obviously Keg Smash and Tiger Palm anything in your way for more delicious brews, YUM! Keg Smash dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Tiger Palm: Damages the target and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 1 sec. The section above named "The Brews" is all the cooldowns that are affected by Keg Smash and Tiger Palm. So with perfect play you could reduce the cooldown of Fortifying Brew down to 3.5 minutes which is half of its original time. This synergy between Keg Smash , Tiger Palm and Brews is the core mechanic of Brewmasters Core Passive Abilities Stagger: delaying 40% of Physical damage and turning it into stagger and taking that damage over the next 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at half effectiveness. This is mechanic is what the Brewmasters is built around and with the talent High tolerance we can increase from this from 40% to 50% Stagger. Our Mastery is: Elusive Brawler grants a stacking dodge chance increase each time you are hit by an attack until you dodge an attack, and also passively increase attack power. This is one of our best average physical damage reduction abilities and should not be ignored. Celestial Fortune: You have a chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed. This affects your healing and healing done onto you by a healer. This also works for Absorbs. Gift of the Ox: When you take damage equal to your maximum health , you summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for (750% of Attack power). Damage is this statement refers to damage taken before absorbs and stagger. ( DR reduces damage taken before absorbs/stagger i.e 100dmg, 20%DR =80 dmg which is used to calculated GotO) The ability Expel Harm collects all of your Healing Spheres, and damages the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Which is a nice ability if you don't want to move around to collect your healing spheres.Swifthorn97 19 Apr 2017
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
5d MW Monk - Counteract magic Hey there! I would like to ask about the Counteract Magic ( https://www.wowhead.com/spell=202428/counteract-magic ) PVP talent. Do you have any list about the abilities (maybe grouped by class) which trigger this counteract magic talent? For example: Warlock: - Corruption - Agony - Unstable Affliction ... I searched the whole internet and can't find anything like this... Just I'm courious about the class / DoT 's (I dont really know the all classes). For example I'm not sure, that rogue's nightblade (shadow dmg) / rupture (its simply bleed so guess not) / envenom (nature dmg) / deadly poison (nature dmg) triggers counteract magic etc.. Thanks!Treckóvics2 5d
5d Which Race Mistweaver PvP Hello Folks i definately want to Main a MW Monk for Arenas and have a hard time deciding which Race i want to play. Is Dark Iron Dwarf good enough or is Orc a must have? I guess Human CD on Insignia is too long after using Stun racial. Playing not serious...like 2100ish range... Appreciating your input Thanks!Vapegodxxl7 5d
6d Rate The Transmog Above Because old topic was filled to full, there's another one.Cryptshaolin75 6d
6d Freshly dinged brewmaster needs advise about UI/Addons Good day, I just dinged 120 and i want to go tank. I would love some help regarding a decent UI and addons. Many thanks for your assistanceKiefjebzz7 6d
6d NEW windwalker 8.1 PVP ONLY talent changes these changes are fresh and only for pvp talents, and keep in mind that they might change them up more, they have removed some and put some new to the honor talents pvp. (Reverse Harm) replaces Vivify. Heals a friendly target for 8% of their maximum health, and causes 100% of the amount healed to instantly be dealt to the nearest enemy as Nature damage within 5 yards. cost 40energy, instant - 10yard range. and Generate 1 Chi (Turbo Fists) Passive fists of Fury now deals full damage to all targets hit, reduces all targest movement speed by 90%, and you parry all attacks while channeling fist of fury. this talent replaced the normal fist dmg reduction talent we have now. (Alpha Tiger) Passive Attacking new challengers with Tiger palm fills you with the spirit of Xuen, granting you 30% haste for 8sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 sec per target. (Wind Waker) Passive When you or allies with your Windwalking are snared, the snare is instantly removed and they become immune to snares for 4 sec. this effect cannot occur more than once every 30 sec per target. (Pressure Points) Passive Touch of Death also applies Fatal Wounds to the target, and if the target dies from Touch of Death's damage or with Touch of Death active, the cooldown is reset. Fatal wounds - Healing effects received reduced by 50% for 4 sec. this talent looks like sharpen, but worse:) those are the 5 new pvp talents we got, also they removed the CD increase on Flying serpent kick when you pick up (Ride the Wind) talent, which is a buff. so FSK is only 25 sec like legion. (Grapple Weapon) is also buffed bit, the CD was 1min, now on PTR its 45 sec. this is fresh new changes of 10/10/2018 comment below what you think of the changes, and if you think blizzard really trying to make WW fun and viable again in pvp. I really liked the Expel harm mop version, (reverse harm), you can sit behind pillar and stack CHI, and the heal is instant, and it does dmg, same style as mop except this one can heal others too, but only 10yards, but still seems fun. this replaces control the mist btw. its not there anymore.Rezuz39 6d
6d Looking for Brewmaster guide Hello fellow monks, I'm loving my brewmaster more and more and what to get better and better at it, For now im running low mythic keys and looking for groups of the apropiate ilvl so not to rush them. I've studied the guides on peakofserenity and icy veins. But i'm looking for a decent video guide. In the past i found that those helped me more then written guides. Any suggestions of a guide that is worth watching? Or any other progress tips on starting tanking.Bogpaw0 6d
6d Best tank class for M+ of these options? Hi If I'm too noob to learn to tank on a Demon Hunter for M+ 10-11 in time and I give up learning it, which class is the best pick of a Protection Paladin or a Brewmaster Monk? And before you say "Roll DK" well... That is also an option but leveling a new character RN is not an option :P Please help me.Watchmetrap9 6d
12 Nov Ww new core Hi, 1st of all this is not a topic where i explain how they should rework monk. I was just bored and i tried to imagine a new core for ww and i decide to share it in the forum. Base resources: 100 energy and a max of 15 chi. Same mastery. Jab: strike the enemy in front of you for X damage and apply mark of the white tiger. Cost: 20 energy Fist of the white tiger: strike the enemy in front of you for X damage and generates 2 chi. If the target has mark of the white tiger on him it will trigger a chi weave in front of you dealing X damage to all enemy in a cone but generate 1 chi and consume the mark. Cost: 30 energy Rising Sun kick: kick opponent in front of you dealing X damage and riduce healing effects on that target. Apply mark of the red crane in the target Cost: 20 energy Blackout kick: kick opponent in front of you dealing X damage, generate 2 chi. Consume mark of the red crane on the target to deal X% extra damage but generate 1 chi. Chi burst: you conjure a burst of energy in front of you dealing X magic damage to all enemy in front of you and knocking enemy players back. Cast time: 1.5 sec Cost: 2 chi Fists of fury: strike 1 enemy with 5 punches that X damage to the target. Any hit will teleport to the target back. The target must have both marks on him to be targetted. Cost: 30 energy and 1 charge of trascendence Channel time: 4 seconds Chi blast: conjurer a devastating explosion of chi on all targets with both marks on dealing X damage. Damage increased by X for each chi consumed Cost: all chi Mobility spells: Roll: removed Tiger’s lust: same Trascendence: teleport behind your target and make your next spell free of energy cost. Can be used while channeling or casting. 2 charge 20 second cooldown Astral form: same effect of actual trascendence. Put the clone and switch Cooldowns: Serenity: enter in an elevate state of mind making all your spells cost no energy and your gcd lowered to 1 second. Last 1 second per chi consumed. Cannot generate chi during serenity. Cost: all chi remain Storm earth and fire: summon 2 clones behind 2 nearby targets. After 2 seconds you and your clones trigger a chi explosion dealing X aoe damage and marking all target hit with both your mark of the white tiger and mark of the red crane for 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown clones disappear after burst. Ascension: elevate your body and your physical capability instantly regenerate 50 energy and increase energy regeneration by 2 energy per second for 10 seconds. 1 min cooldown and 2 chi Summon xuen, the white tiger: summon an effigy of xuen to fight with you for 20 seconds dealing nature damage. 1 minute cooldown Defensive Karma: all damage taken by the monk are also taken by the target as magical damage up to a 50% of monk max health Diffuse magic: same Dampen harm: reduce all physical damage taken by 30% for 12 seconds. Cost: 5 chi 30 second cooldown Talent in the same row of diffuse magic Expel harm: heal the monk for X. Cost: 1 chi and 30 energy Swift reflexes: enhance reflexes beyond any limit allow you to dodge any attack physical or magical for X Seconds. while channeling this you cannot control your character or using any other ability. Cost: all chi, last 1 second x chi consumed Cc Paralisys: same Ring of peace: removed Leg sweep removed Chi weave: unleash a weave of chi in front of you knocking back anyone (enemies and allies) in a cone Disable: same Strenght of the white tiger: consume up to 5 chi to make your next damaging spell stun the target(s) for 1 second for each chi consumed 45 second cooldown It’s just a core, no talents (so no tod execute at 10% i would like it but more as honor talent). Enjoy itLaksi0 12 Nov
12 Nov Mistweaver 8.1 Mistweaver 8.1 guys? Same? worse? better?Monkdonald1 12 Nov
12 Nov MW monk need help. Hey Guys. My first question is which build is the best for raiding and which for m+ How too heal in raid scenarion and how to handle “holy crap” situations in m+ and in raiding. Whats trinkets i should use?. I already read Icyveins guide but i feel like it for beginer players and yea its realy good for normal and Raid finder . But for hc and high m+ keys i feel a big hole in their guides Thanks for the answers .Ncro2 12 Nov
11 Nov Some Windwalker thoughts Was thinking about Windwalker recently a bit and came to some interesting ideas i want to share with you guys its based both on PvP and PvE. Feel also free to add your ideas, because that's what the Thread should be used for. But also would i love to hear opinions to my changes: Fortifying Brew made baseline. Fists of Fury Stun effect made baseline in PvP and PvE to a maximum to 4 players/monsters (means only 4 people can get stunned at once) Inner Strength made a baseline passive spell and now has also a 10% dodge effect when stacked to 5. Healing Elixirs moved to the place of Inner Strength Storm,Earth and Fire removed. Instead of Tigereye Brew added (30-35% damage and healing increase 2 stacks 90 second CD). Serenity removed. Paralysis Cooldown to 30 seconds. Touch of Karma now has a 100% absorption again in PvP combat however in PvE it has a 50% absorb and deals 100% of its damage in both scenarios. Touch of Death is now an Execute useable at 10% health in PvP Combat and still acts the same in PvE like now. Crackling Jade Lightning Damage increased by 150% Magic Diffusion now correctly sends all Magic spells to the orginal Caster. It's a bug which is probably around since Legion but wasn't really looked at because it was mostly used as defensive tool. I believe the last time i succesfully reflected something back was in WoD. I am talking about Roots/nova etc not Dots. Big Changes: WoD/MoP Storm, Earth and Fire added as level 100 talent slot. When Storm Earth and Fire is used the Damage of Spinning Crane Kick and Fists of Fury is decreased by 40% (Single Target damage unaffected). (It will be the go to talent with Cleave damage where you WILL use Rising Sun Kick FoF and Blackout Kick to cleave because of that the AoE nerf) Because it adds a straight 40% damage increase if you can cleave succesfully and making SEF interesting again. Hurricane Strike added back as level 100 Talent. It doesn't anymore hit other targets only the primary target. Spiritual Focus removed. The thought behind these changes are that Hurricane Strike will be the go to talent for Single Target damage, Whirling Dragon Punch will be the go for AoE situations and SEF for Cleave situations. Pretty balanced 100 Talent tier in my opinion. This would be the nail to make Windwalker fun and interesting again at least for me.Cutîepie12 11 Nov
11 Nov MW pvp, way of the crane/mana tea macro Hi all, New to monk pvp and im playing around with Way of the Crane. I keep forgetting to use Mana Tea before I pop Crane, and am wondering if there is a macro for it. I have tried: #showtooltip Way of the Crane /cast Mana Tea /cast Way of the Crane This just leads to my tea being used with no crane, maybe something to do with the globals. Any ideas?Bonoxidee2 11 Nov
09 Nov swift roundhouse 55% nerf :(Daffon21 09 Nov
09 Nov Can't hide other weapons. If I have maces I can't actually hide them from the back right? EDIT: okay it seems it's impossible without fist weapons, can't hide sword,axe, mace. stupid game.Shushss0 09 Nov
09 Nov Windwalker in 8.1? First off, I completely understand that elemental, enhancement and perhaps mm hunters deserve a big look in 8.1 but I wholeheartedly believe that windwalkers are in such a desperate place maybe even more so since atleast in PvP all shamans specs are performing quite well while monks are doing really bad. Is there any plans to help out Windwalkers in 8.1? I think they're not in a very good place in PvP and in PvE they could use a revamp as well. I don't want to suffer this much and only play my rogue. Everything a WW has to offer, you'll do better in arena with bringing a rogue/dh/feral. What's the Windwalker's niche? I just want to know if there's any plans at all? Suggestions: 1. Fist stun should return. It was removed in early legion only to be brough back soon. Why repeat this? 2. Healing elixirs and/or Karma heals as baseline or talent. 3. Paralysis max 30 sec cd. I can't stress how bad 60 sec feels for something that used to be 15 sec. 4. Hurricane Strike as a talent. 5. Tigereye Brew as main dps CD (it seems most monks preferred this to SEF/Serenity). It was also extremely unique. 6. This is heavily requested: Damage shifted away from ToD And ToK to Fists of Fury and RSK. 7. We don't need an execute like ToD currently is, it going back to 10% execute would be far better than how it currently works. That's just off the top of my head. I also think WW monks suffer from having to spend far too many globals before doing damage. It needs several CD's to be removed from the GCD in order to feel more smooth like for example how smooth Sub rogues feel. Positive things. Just keep ring of peace, it's one of the most fun abilities ever. I didn't enjoy Sub rogue in Legion until they got a revamp. But I also don't think I want to play "this" version of WW for a year just to wait for better times. I enjoyed WW because of the control and burst. I'm not so sure I want to go DH just to do that because I really love the aesthetics of monks. But I can't justify maining it when it just doesn't bring anything to my team. SIncerely, KilliKillibrew12 09 Nov
09 Nov Soothing mist channeling issue Hi! Sometimes when I'm casting soothing mist and I'm spamming my enveloping mist/surging mist, my soothing mist just randomly stops casting. Like I'm interrupting my own channel but I have no idea how since I'm not moving, using any macros, or pressing escape at all. Has anyone else encountered this and/or has any ideea why this could happen? Thanks.Fourtwentyo5 09 Nov
08 Nov WW needs OPS traits to be competitive After the massive Aoe nerf, open palm strikes buffs FoF significantly and makes it very strong in Aoe, there's also the trait that gives critical strike bous if FoF hits 3 or more targets, but OPS is overall the best for single target+AoeLockhero5 08 Nov
07 Nov Troll or BElf MW So, I’ve dinged 30 on my Troll, and I like some of the racials, but I get this nagging feeling that I might be missing out on what a BElf offers. I’m aware 3% mana return in AT isn’t exactly something to shout about, but it could serve well in clutch OoM situations. That AoE purge for high keys sounds beautiful, too. I will say, I do prefer the Troll aesthetic, but I’m aware that doesn’t get you optimal performance, which is ultimately what I’m after. Any experiences or thoughts appreciated.Richysimmons6 07 Nov
07 Nov Brewmaster Stagger? Hi guys, a quick question. I'm not adept with monk tanking though I enjoy it a lot. I read a lot of guides and do what they tell me. Though my question is... is it my fault, or the healer's, if I die to (green) stagger?Ep8 07 Nov
06 Nov WW Feelsbad I Really main monk since MoP the different playstyle way far i would love to bring back Tigerseye brew increase my dmg and heals and put fortifying brew as a baseline Touch of karma changes on pvp its not a big deal... Reverse harm really a bad move since its replaces Vivify... I dont know what to say we lack survivability.. Really needs a buff we lack stuns we lack heal we lack dmg alot of cds feelsbadman.Fulk5 06 Nov
06 Nov MW vs Rdriud (M+) Hello guys what do you think is the best option for M+ (in order to push +10+++) MW or RDruid? ThanksTotematico11 06 Nov
04 Nov BIG fixes for BFA PVP WW NEEDED First off to me i am Cutiepie i main Windwalker since the middle of MOP and i am trying to gonna explain you how to fix WW for BFA PVP since it needs a huge overhaul badly in many scenarios. I reached 3.1k in 2v2 and around 2.7k in 3s got glad in first season of legion b4 i quitted, some know me also as 2s Tryhard, but in the end i mastered Windwalker almost to perfection and can play it flawlessly in every bracket (2s/3s/rbg) So i try to "bless lul" you with my suggestions and fixes how it has to be done in my sight. Personally. Ill go first with overall changes and then to the fixes. I did already a thread for whole 2 hours but our good old forums deleted the whole post on i spent 2 hours for nothing so ill be quicker and the post won't be that long because i explained and was basically studying every fix i would do for Windwalkers in BFA right now to improve it and im tilted right now. 1. Pruning: WW actually got pretty decent off with the Pruning hammer this time like it was in Legion but now our actually MOST important spells got REMOVED. Healing elixirs This one a part of our defensive makes us especially squishy now and makes Windwalker feel dull and dumb to play there was no reason behind to remove it at all because it didn't make any sense expect damaging the windwalker specc this removal is also a big part of why we feel so weak right now in defensive because losing a 30% heal on a 1 minute cd with having even the chance to time it right with smaller portion of heals (15%) makes Windwalker more vulnerable than a Mage without Armor. Strike of the Windlord This one is actually not a huge loss because we got even if its cheap and low a replacement for that spell i won't miss it that much because it also just lasted 1 expansion but it also feeled satisfying and good to press because it felt like having Tigereye Brew again for the amounts of damage Strike did. Fists of Fury Stun At this point i don't get it anymore. Blizzard knew it would destroy windwalkers and then removing it without any replacement is poor and horrible balancing. It is a core ability of the Windwalker specc since MOP and it wasn't ever a problem since then it is like removing Moonfire for Druids. Windwalker feels due to this change now absolutely horrible to play and it has to change asap in 8.1 if possible no IT HAS. Other than that there's nothing WW had to fear of the prune hammer. 2. Gameplay Sorry but Windwalker feels awkward, unfinished and terrible to play in PvP but also somewhat in PvE there are huge changes needed i will list below later. Blackout Kick overnerfed and Fists of Fury not even worth using in PvP is a huge Problem. Apart from that you feel like you are just somewhat not even a worse Warrior right now and just a blackout kick and tigerpalm spam specc which is not healthy at all despite it making our mastery also useless in PvP. Utility, CC and Mobility/Self healing removal makes playing Windwalker now self questionable as why would i play Windwalker now and not Arms Warrior when it does spam everything better has better survivability better utility and better damage? I play against players and i basically have to work for to do damage while they do huge amounts damage of AI controlled things and spammable instant damage this is not fair in any case. Meanwhile i am thinking "HELLO WHAT DID ACTUALLY DAMAGE ME??" "WHY IS THEIR HEALTH BAR NOT DROPPING BUT MINES??" WW is like not even anymore feared when you see a WW you instantly think of an freewin and thats bad. 3. Mobility Flying Serpent Kick travel flight reduced by 25% Transendence CD increased to 45 Seconds I mean at that point i dont get blizzard serious anymore this were like with FOF Stun removal the most useless fixes you could have done in World of Warcraft. Transendence being now such on a high CD makes it almost feel crippling and useless and makes our defensive much worse so there are huge fixes needed. Meanwhile FSK nerf is not that huge and noticeable so it can stay. 4. CC Paralysis CD Increased to 45 seconds Leg Sweep CD increased to 1 minute FoF stun completly removed. At this point this also hurts our defensive and utility ESPECIALLY our utility, i don't literally know what to say to these changes it's so useless and unneeded big fixes has to come to either to them.Cutîepie21 04 Nov
04 Nov What warranted all the WW nerfs going into BfA? Show me on this gnome where that evil ww monk "touched" you. Try removing kidney shot and see what would go down? The rogue world would fall hard. Just because less than 1% plays monks doesn't mean they should be abused like this. I would love to play my monk in 3s but why when rogue can do the same job just a lot better in every single aspect? The 8.1 ww changes are interesting but you know what we really want :) KilliKilligrew8 04 Nov
02 Nov Fist Weapon animation ? What's up with the constant sheating and drawing of fist weapons during combat ? It just plainly looks retarded and makes me lose my fun with the spec tbh. For some weird ''smart AAA studio reason X'' Tiger Palm makes you sheathe the weapon and auto attacks make you draw it again.. It's also be nice if fist weapons could just constantly display (also out of combat) as it's not really a weapon in that sense that is being sheathed in the first place..Riyana0 02 Nov
02 Nov New PTR Nerfs Nerfing FoF's damage by 20% when it already does 0 damage. Does this mean it's getting stun back in an upcoming build? If it's not getting the stun back this is the dumbest change i have ever seen.Weyo10 02 Nov
31 Oct ww monk vs frost mage hi i want to ask about ww monk and frost mage 1-which better on st ? 2-which better on aoe ? 3-which do most dmg frost mage or ww monk?Saraphen1 31 Oct
31 Oct why nerf WW more? i dont play a monk but im still really confused about these nerfs happening to them almost constantly. From what i can see Demon hunters can do everything a monk can do but better, they have better AoE because of the spinning crane kick changes and spinning crane kick stacks are bugged at the moment anyway (dropping off for no reason or just not applying) yet they nerf WW AoE even more. It does not help much that none of the spec development team even plays a monk so they're essentially just making blind changes to a spec and not fixing the downfallsTransendance1 31 Oct
30 Oct More incoming nerfs in 8.1 https://www.wowhead.com/news=287352/patch-8-1-ptr-27826-class-changes-elemental-shaman-feral-druid-talents-and-taunt "Good Karma changes for Windwalker Monks." So we need buff on a lot of things / tools back, what do they do ? JUST CHANGE GOOD KARMA LOL. Prepare for incoming super nerf to good karma so people won't use it anymore offensively, while getting absolutely no significant buff in return, what a f**king joke Blizzard I swear.Verbathius24 30 Oct
28 Oct some question about monk hi how are you guys as every one know ww monk suck on pvp atm so i want to know how it will be in pvp 8.1 after changes ? specialy with reverse harm+touch of karma heal+new pvp talents i can do good dmg but want to know how is survivability in 8.1 (pvp) ? is ww monk will be viable again?Nelvya7 28 Oct
27 Oct How is monk leveling experience? Hey guys new to game been leveling different alts to try and get a feel for them, favouite ones being fury warrior and fire mage for that burst dmg being fun. Never seen any monks about, are they fun? Also not sure what race would be cool for them.Udderthunder11 27 Oct
27 Oct Read monk is dead Read monk is dead read monk is dead read monk is dead read monk is dead read monk is dead read monk is dead read monk is dead read monk is deadSickdope16 27 Oct
26 Oct this is for all healers, help Hey, so this kinda goes out to all healers. Is anyone else having problems with the tanks mass pulling and not listening to advice or calls of OOM. Am getting abit sick of taking the blame for tanks just charging in to instances pulling huge groups and not even using there own CDs then quiting as they couldnt get enough heals. Am now where near the best healer am still learning, but please stop giving the healer abuse. I had one tank who mass pulled then decided to drag them to the boss to start the fight. All praise to the tanks though that notice your new and take it abit easier. Its really putting me off healing groups. So is this just me or is it something that all healers have and i just have to deal with it? and will it get better or worse in heroic? btw, the best healers ave came across are pallys and monks. They seem to listen when i ask them to slow down.Ashvale21 26 Oct
26 Oct Pally or Blood Dk with Mistweaver Hello all you healing monks out there. I have a friend leveling a mistweaver to heal me as a tank exclusively for mythic+ while I leveled blood dk and prot pally to 120, and can't choose between the two. I am actually curious as a mistweaver which one of those two tanks are easier for you to heal overall. I know that blood dk is amazing at self sustain but paladins do have alot of mitigation in the bag. Thoughts?Alysra6 26 Oct
26 Oct Rate the monk name above you! I haven't seen this in a while, start with me =)Alokén0 26 Oct
26 Oct Rate the monk tmog above you! Start!Hodradox16 26 Oct
25 Oct 8.1 class changes Check spriest Changes for 8.1 haha, blizzard making big changes for alot of classes and for ww? Same !@#$ hahaRezuz3 25 Oct
25 Oct WW Monk feedback Hello, I'm not a long-time veteran, i've started playing wow "proper way" 2 weeks before pre-patch for bfa, meaning that at a time i had this character at 120 and ready for low m+ and lfr. Won't be touching on my experience back then - instead, i want to focus on a WW monk state right now. PVE and SR situation After long chain of nerfs and buffs (??) WIndwalker has withstood since the BFA launch, i've finally found my place in the meta. I got nerfed without actual in-game warning (this is crazy for me), and man was THAT a nerf - going from 2.5k damage for 3-stacking to 400 damage without any warning felt like a slap in the face. Had to change all my talents - that was the hard-hitter for me, since i'm still relatively new, i had to change my buttons alot, rotation, addons. But then it settled down to what i have now, and i'm here to tell you about how i feel playing ww right now at the time of progression on Mythic Zek'voz. PVE; Raiding I consistently dish out top/semi-top dps in our guild runs on the fights that are not absurdly unfavorable for melee (trend i noticed within Uldir), these are also the fights where i can get full profit of my Karma damage and WWs privelege of staying on target at all times, which feels really good. But on fights like Vectis, where i can't use Karma to damage at all, i fall to the middle of the meter, however the fight still flows very nicely indeed. I'm happy with what i have in raiding right now, looking forward to get 3-stacked Open Palm strikes this week and maybe show a better performance. PVE; M+ This is where WW, in my opinion, shines the most. With WDP+S,EaF+FoF i am THE DAMAGE in my party, top damage on packs, and if the cooldowns are up, confident and competitive damage on bosses, challenging warlocks and hunters, and, given the nature of the boss fight, i'm either much better or worse, which i like. WW brings ALOT of utility with RoP, which i speced in on a necrotic week just to try it out and boy was my tank happy whenever i dropped it :D Also WW is super hard to kill under pack pressure or unfortunate boss encounter due to karma/chosen defensive in 75 lvl tier. Flexible cooldowns and insane target swithc damage+mastery make WW an absolute joy to play in M+ for me, with some talent choices to make. PVP Pvp is something i always enjoyed in the games i played before wow, and, eventually, me and my friend shaman decided to give it a shot, it was a blast, we got to 1400 from 0 in 2v2s in one night, which i am very proud of even now! But then the nerf hit me hard, SR was gone, i had to switch builds, switch gear, playstyle... That was a pretty big hit to take, and with new talents came the new problems, here are some of them: GCD everywhere I've noticed that my new opener (SEaF+Xuen+Berserking+Trinket) takes 2-3 seconds, oh boy wait a second that's how much my 1m cd stun lasts! Oh i lack energy in pvp since i have to slow/paralyze/detox alot more than in pve, but my Energizing elixir is on GCD, just like my EVERYTHING, i never noticed in pve but here it just kills me, i feel like a WW1 Cannon getting ready to shoot, and when i do shoot, everybody can see the slow metal ball flying towards them, the ball's name is Touch of Death, also known as "press defensive buddy this is my only source of damage anyway". Unreliable sources of damage While in pve my kit on SOME bosses is perfect and i can make most of it, like on taloc or mother, in pvp Karma is, well, a bad bubble really. If they really want to kill me, they will even through karma. and if the fight flows normally, they just wont hit me, whil i hit them like a wet noodle. The ONLY scenario where my karma is of use, is against 2 dps trying to burst me while my healer is polyed, sure, there it's very nice. Another surprise for me was the fact that SEaF spirits can be feared, how nice is that. When i get feared, if i really want to get this damage in, i will trinket, if i want to protect my healer - i also will. My spirits also will do this! but they won't get out of fear for some reason. Haven't done "research" for Xuen, but i won't be surprised if he is also a little puss who can be feared. All that means my 2.5 main Damage abilities are UNRELIABLE SOURCE OF DAMAGE. Pvp talents are interesting but none of them actually deals damage, unless it's some kind of gimmick like TIger style. CC..? It feels like everybody (and i mean that) got more cc than me. is that a class fantasy? WW got 1 good aoe stun with 1m cd and 3 sec duration with optional talent i will never take, and a paralysis. a Sap with 45s cooldown for 4 seconds, yeah. It just sucks to pvp as a ww.Arbooze5 25 Oct
24 Oct Another WW nerf 8.1 Enemies take now from your Touch of Death damage equal to 35% of your maximum health (was 50% before) Worth mentioning though: Touch of Karma now redirects 75% of the damage instead of 100% (means it still absorbs up to 50% of your maximum health but now does less damage) 4% overall damage buff. Also PvP: Honor talent rework: Touch of Death now instantly kills any target at 10% health or below. But overall it looks more like a nerf considering in PvP we won't probably take the new ToD, so it means we'll continue to play with a bad ToD in PvP (instead they make it baseline my god) now even worse in 8.1. And in PvE, i don't know exactly ToD damage and ToK damage nerfed heavily and only a 4% overall buff seems too low could have been at least 15% or more. https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/Cutîepie3 24 Oct
23 Oct Whirling Dragon Punch is annoying Whirling Dragon Punch is a talent on the last row for WW monk, and while the interaction it has with other spells is kinda nice, the most annoying thing ever is that it makes you jump. I can't dodge anything if I'm jumping, making me die for no other reason than cuz that spell made me, like, double jump. I hate it. I know it kinda makes sense from a flavor point of view but damn it. Anyone got any solution for this? Or maybe Blizzard could get that thing out altogether. The jumping I mean. Or am I actually missing something about the class and that jumping mechanic is useful somehow?Sunseven9 23 Oct
23 Oct Is anyone enjoying WW? Constantly looking through both EU and NA forums. Haven't seen 1 post/thread for weeks where anyone's enjoying the spec? Is anyone actually pulling in decent numbers in pvp too? Got a war/rogue/dh/monk all 350-365. WW is the worst for me in PvE and PvP. I'm absolutely loving brew and MW though. For some reason blizz isn't acknowledging there's a problem with WW at all. So is it just whiney people on forums? Is anyone enjoying/pulling in good numbers with WW?Brewschoco25 23 Oct
22 Oct Best MW monk PvP talents https://youtu.be/0e5tygtkoNM I hope this helps.Retrosak0 22 Oct
20 Oct 2 hander for WW? Levelling a Monk at the moment. Why is it that WW prefer dual wield exactly? What would be the downside of using an agility polearm or stave?Shallin6 20 Oct
20 Oct WW Trinkets Hello Fellow Monks! Even though I have been asked to heal now (MW are good fun so thats ok) I still need help with my main and favorite spec WW. Every site tends to have different rankings for trinkets. I use Fathoms as it seems most WW Monks do but don't know what goes with it really. I have Vanquished Tendril of G'huun 370 Frenetic Corpuscle 350 Construct Overcharger 350 If someone could help out that would be great. Thanks.Metsuko1 20 Oct
20 Oct New Azerite trait with 8.1 PTR Build 28151 ... https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievements-and-class-changes-new-azerite-blood-dk-neMystisk6 20 Oct
20 Oct Polearms for WW please :( I can't be the only one finding it really weird that Blizzard all of the sudden decided that WW monks should not use two handed weapons? I mean, in D3 monks use either 2x 1handed weapons or a 2handed weapon - why can we not get that choice now? I for one strongly prefer two handed weapons in almost all cases (exclusions being something like rogues) - and I was looking forward to using a 2handed weapons this expantion for my monk. I mean, can anyone explain why we're suddenly restricted to axes (!?), swords and fist weapons as WW? I started playing monk last expantion, so I don't know for certain, but am fairly sure I saw WW monks running around with polearms in MoP - so why can't we do that now? Last expa we we're locked to our artifact weapons... Fair, but now our FoF won't work unless we use 1h weapons :( Does anyone know why Blizzard made it this way?Dezeption9 20 Oct