Monk

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
5d Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx495 5d
21 Apr [Guide] WW PvE 8.0 Since my first guide was not really in depth i wanted to create a more in depth guide, and i don't have enough placeholders for that This guide is pretty similar to the German version from Shadlii/Yilwi, so if you are active in that forum, you might recognize the layout. 1 - Best way to get Help 1. Read the complete guide, and the bonus parts on peakofserenity.com if you are new/unsure 2. Post on the character you need help/add a link to that character so we can see your gear/talents etc. 3. Give us information about your problems, the easiest way to do that is via warcraftlogs! 4. Always be polite! Even if you have an other opinion than the person that is trying to help you or discusses with youWajoba13 21 Apr
19 Apr 2017 [Guide] Brewmaster - Get rolling with the Brews Introduction I decided to make this guide to help those who want to play Brewmaster in legion and bring more clarity to the spec. What will this guide include? -A quick understanding how abilities synergize and how they function. -How to appropriately gear up your Brewmaster so you don't feel like a wet sponge. - Make you understand how each stat benefits the BrM so you can build around it to suit your play-style. -Bring you closer to enlightenment to how amazing and complex this spec is. Abilities and Core Mechanics Brewmaster is a leather wearing tank that specializes in dodging and delaying damage through a mechanic called Stagger. With the use of brews Brewmaster are able to delay more damage into stagger and get rid of a percentage of damage currently in stagger. With the use of of certain abilities Brewmasters are able to reduce the time needed for a brew to ready again. The Brews Our core abilities here are IronSkin Brew which delays a further 40% of damage taken into stagger and Purifying Brew that clears 50% of damage currently in stagger. These two abilities share charges with each other and is important to learn how to balance the use of these respective brews. Fortifying Brew gives you a buff for 15 sec, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, increasing the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 20%, and reducing all damage you take by 20% and is our major defensive ability on a 7 min CD Talented- Black Ox Brew: When used instantly refills your Energy, and restores your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges. It has a 90 second CD Abilities that shorten the CDs of your Brews Like any Drunk fighter trying get more brews, you obviously Keg Smash and Tiger Palm anything in your way for more delicious brews, YUM! Keg Smash dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Tiger Palm: Damages the target and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 1 sec. The section above named "The Brews" is all the cooldowns that are affected by Keg Smash and Tiger Palm. So with perfect play you could reduce the cooldown of Fortifying Brew down to 3.5 minutes which is half of its original time. This synergy between Keg Smash , Tiger Palm and Brews is the core mechanic of Brewmasters Core Passive Abilities Stagger: delaying 40% of Physical damage and turning it into stagger and taking that damage over the next 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at half effectiveness. This is mechanic is what the Brewmasters is built around and with the talent High tolerance we can increase from this from 40% to 50% Stagger. Our Mastery is: Elusive Brawler grants a stacking dodge chance increase each time you are hit by an attack until you dodge an attack, and also passively increase attack power. This is one of our best average physical damage reduction abilities and should not be ignored. Celestial Fortune: You have a chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed. This affects your healing and healing done onto you by a healer. This also works for Absorbs. Gift of the Ox: When you take damage equal to your maximum health , you summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for (750% of Attack power). Damage is this statement refers to damage taken before absorbs and stagger. ( DR reduces damage taken before absorbs/stagger i.e 100dmg, 20%DR =80 dmg which is used to calculated GotO) The ability Expel Harm collects all of your Healing Spheres, and damages the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Which is a nice ability if you don't want to move around to collect your healing spheres.Swifthorn97 19 Apr 2017
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h BIG fixes for BFA PVP WW NEEDED First off to me i am Cutiepie i main Windwalker since the middle of MOP and i am gonna explain you how to fix WW for BFA PVP since it needs a huge overhaul. Some know me as "2s tryhard" or something but in the end i mastered Windwalker almost to perfection and can play it flawlessly in every bracket (2s/3s/rbg) So i try to "bless" you with my suggestions and fixes how it has to be done. Ill go first with overall changes and then to the fixes. I did already a thread for whole 2 hours but our good old forums deleted the whole post on i spent 2 hours for nothing so ill be quicker and the post won't be that long because i explained and was basically studying every fix i would do for Windwalkers in BFA right now to improve it and im tilted right now. 1. Pruning: WW actually got pretty decent off with the Pruning hammer this time like it was in Legion but now our actually MOST important spells got REMOVED. Healing elixirs This one a part of our defensive makes us especially squishy now and makes Windwalker feel dull and dumb to play there was no reason behind to remove it at all because it didn't make any sense expect damaging the windwalker specc this removal is also a big part of why we feel so weak right now in defensive because losing a 30% heal on a 1 minute cd with having even the chance to time it right with smaller portion of heals (15%) makes Windwalker more vulnerable than a Mage without Armor. Strike of the Windlord This one is actually not a huge loss because we got even if its cheap and low a replacement for that spell i won't miss it that much because it also just lasted 1 expansion but it also feeled satisfying and good to press because it felt like having Tigereye Brew again for the amounts of damage Strike did. Fists of Fury Stun At this point i don't get it anymore. Blizzard knew it would destroy windwalkers and then removing it without any replacement is poor and horrible balancing. It is a core ability of the Windwalker specc since MOP and it wasn't ever a problem since then it is like removing Moonfire for Druids. Windwalker feels due to this change now absolutely horrible to play and it has to change asap in 8.1 if possible no IT HAS. Other than that there's nothing WW had to fear of the prune hammer. 2. Gameplay Sorry but Windwalker feels awkward, unfinished and terrible to play in PvP but also somewhat in PvE there are huge changes needed i will list below later. Blackout Kick overnerfed and Fists of Fury not even worth using in PvP is a huge Problem. Apart from that you feel like you are just somewhat not even a worse Warrior right now and just a blackout kick and tigerpalm spam specc which is not healthy at all despite it making our mastery also useless in PvP. Utility, CC and Mobility/Self healing removal makes playing Windwalker now self questionable as why would i play Windwalker now and not Arms Warrior when it does spam everything better has better survivability better utility and better damage? I play against players and i basically have to work for to do damage while they do huge amounts damage of AI controlled things and spammable instant damage this is not fair in any case. Meanwhile i am thinking "HELLO WHAT DID ACTUALLY DAMAGE ME??" "WHY IS THEIR HEALTH BAR NOT DROPPING BUT MINES??" WW is like not even anymore feared when you see a WW you instantly think of an freewin and thats bad. 3. Mobility Flying Serpent Kick travel flight reduced by 25% Transendence CD increased to 45 Seconds I mean at that point i dont get blizzard serious anymore this were like with FOF Stun removal the most useless fixes you could have done in World of Warcraft. Transendence being now such on a high CD makes it almost feel crippling and useless and makes our defensive much worse so there are huge fixes needed. Meanwhile FSK nerf is not that huge and noticeable so it can stay. 4. CC Paralysis CD Increased to 45 seconds Leg Sweep CD increased to 1 minute FoF stun completly removed. At this point this also hurts our defensive and utility ESPECIALLY our utility, i don't literally know what to say to these changes it's so useless and unneeded big fixes has to come to either to them.Cutîepie18 1h
5h Windwalker pvp help Hi, After swift roundhouse nerf I feel lost. I'm rookie at pvp but I could do some impact with serenity and 3 SR. Now I feel useless. Could someone with 2k+ rating as windwalker give some tips? What setups are good for 2v2, which traits works at current state or should I just focus on ilvl?Kotarò1 5h
6h WW Monk for PvE content? I read a lot of whine of WW Monk in PvP but if you don’t give a *biip* about Arena and mainly focus on PvE content, how are WW really then? If you like me really love the mobility of the WW Monk and don’t go for server first Mythic kill, but just raid 2 times a week clearing Heroic Uldir and some Mythic tries does it really matter that much? When not raiding we are trying to push Mythic+ Keys but again not super duper hardcore. I also have a DK and Paladin but they are boring AF. I like how fast and mobile the Monk is. And I love how fast they are when doing WQ’s etc. in World content. So again. For my way to play the game how bad is the WW Monk really? I still see some WW doing just fine when you are not looking at World first dps ranks, so I guess for semi casual/hardcore game play they are fine?Icetea10 6h
8h Monk buff dispel Just wondering which abilities to watch out for the most when using serenity and/or Touch of Karma. Early popped all of my CD's like a nub in arena and ended up having them stripped xdShrequana1 8h
8h Monk streamers? Does anyone know of any mainly monk streamers or even YouTubers? Gonna be roll one for an alt :)Fairmead2 8h
8h Forcing Windwalkers to reroll. 19/09 R.I.P WW Monks.Kahl11 8h
9h What was wrong with Legion monk? I have played monk for a long time but for BFA i simply can't get into it. Feels way to clunky compared to previous versions. So i wonder why they changed it from Legion? Was it just for the sake of change?Lorthaeras3 9h
9h What am I doing wrong? What am I doing wrong? I have been asking myself this question for 3 weeks now and even after looking on a ton of forums and websites dedicated to WW Pvp I still havent found the answer. Somehow, I am doing my rotation how, even though it seems in line with what the recommendation is. Here is my pvp rotation (without burst): Tiger Palm, RSK, Tiger palm, Blackout, Tiger Palm, blackout x2, repeat. My rotation with burst is: ToD, Trinket, Blackout Kick x2, RSK, repeat Please help. I really need it.Escobar4 9h
9h Goblin Monks? When Goblins get their model update, could they also get to be Monks? Lorewise, it makes as much sense as Gnome Monks (which are available to play since Monks released). They already have the animations ready, as seen by using a toy making you a goblin. Balance wise, considering Goblins have Rocket jump, it still isn't even comparable to Void Elves who can also be monks, who can use their racial as a second Transfer.Fridochfröjd3 9h
12h Best race for MW monk? Best lorewise or best looking or best performancePeaceleaf12 12h
16h Seeking WW advice (logs included) Hi all. I was wondering if someone could take a look at my latest logs from Uldir and give me any feedback on what to improve on. The reason I ask is that in our raid we had another WW alongside me who did more single-target damage than me despite being in a more aoe-focused build. Looking closer they appeared to get a lot more abilities off than I did despite me fully utilising Touch of Karma when they didn't. Any advice you can give would be greatly appeciated :) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FdvK3hmJ6ZAM9bPj#fight=27Midnightfist4 16h
17h PvP WW is over (Windwalker) Swift Roundhouse: Damage bonus reduced by 55% Only thing which did keep us somewhat viable have fun all sitting in trash tier for the next months until they acknowledge it that ww's without it are worth a piece of trash.Cutîepie14 17h
20h ww monk is bad in pvp This class in its current state is in game just so others can have fun owning its butt. Its so horrible it hurts. Fix it.Hardpaw8 20h
1d BrM Leveling Hello fellow Monks! After finding out that I am not overly keen on Demon Hunter tanking, I decided to level this monk up with the intention of tanking raids & mythic + for my guild, however, I feel insanely squishing for the past few levels in levelling dungeons. Is this normal? I'm guessing it becomes smoother intake of damage once all talents have been unlocked & Passive? Would I just be better off levelling as WW until I'm closer to end-game? Can't quite figure out of its the class or the scaling of Wrath dungeons & content. Many thanks all :)Maozen5 1d
1d Interested in Monk - Some Basic Questions? Hey there! I am looking into a possible alt (given the state Prot Warrior is in it might be faster to reroll than) and the idea of projecting my willpower into demon-shattering punches really appeals to me right now. I have never properly played Monks before however, so I am interested in having some starting questions answered for me. For context, I am not a high-level mythic raider by any stretch of the imagination, and am more interested in RP, PvP and maybe normal/HC raiding if I can get said monk geared enough. So, questions for lovely chi-infused people: 1) Is there a particular race which does best with Monk in PvP? I am only interested in the Horde, and have a particular eye on Orc/Mag'har. 2) Are your weapons used for anything or are they entirely cosmetic at this point? I remember jab used to be a thing in WoD but haven't really played since then. 3) How is Windwalker doing in PvP at the moment, is it viable / relatively easy to use? I'm normally used to arms and havoc. 4) Which spec is best for levelling if I'm mainly looking into quests? I would assume WW but I don't know how good its sustain is. 5) What utility does the class have that an outsider might not be aware of? Any help you can give would be really appreciated! :) Edit: And other things I just thought of I guess - 6) How is Brewmaster doing? At the moment it seems to be the favoured tank and if I do raid, it'll be as BM. 7) Are there any fun monk glyphs? Warrior is criminally underserved in that respect.Synvash6 1d
1d It's over boys https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/400839738443038720/491903663208660992/81bf955e7e07cb1242e902d5f6164fe7.png?width=998&height=677 PepeHands </3Winterchi2 1d
1d swift roundhouse 55% nerf :(Daffon18 1d
1d Way of the crane macro Hi, is there a way to create a macro that when i use way of the crane in pvp it swaps to my second action bar page (and pref when it ends it puts me back at 1º action bar). If not, how do you have all the abilities in keybinds? Tyvm in advanceChucksilva1 1d
1d Darkmoon Faire: Fathoms I was merely wondering If anyone has tried using it as a Brewmaster (or any tank in general). I reckon it’s somewhat nerfed on tanks (as all proc based trinks are, even for disc). But is it a noticable difference wearing it as tank, If you wanna provide some more DPS?Kimjongkung3 1d
1d WW buffs Hotfixes - September 17th Blizzard compensated by buffing ww other trait, blizzard logic works like this, Nerf (Windwalker) Swift Roundhouse: Damage bonus reduced by 55% Buff (Windwalker) Iron Fists: Required targets reduced to 3 go monks, you are fineRezuz3 1d
1d Buy Darkmoon trinket now? Hi. Due to IRL stuff I have just recently started BfA and I picked up my Monk as main. I’m about to migrate server and change faction which I why I can’t log my char to post from. My goal for BfA is to push M+ dungeons keys with 3-4 of my friends and if I have the time (family first) some Heroic raiding. No Mythic progress what so ever. We do take the M+ push serious though so I want to uptimize my char what I can. I’m currently 345 and climbing and when you say WW Monk which I mainly will be, you can’t deny looking closer at the Darkmoon Deck: Fathoms. I read and hear it’s almost BiS trinket for us and no Mythic Uldir trinket beats it, but is it still worth buying when we are almost one month in BfA? I think it’s about 100,000 gold and I know it’s not a lot but since I’m not sitting on a fortune I’d rather ask here before clicking on “Buy out” Thanks! :)Watchmetrap3 1d
2d Blizz does it again- ww nerf So they nerfed Swift Roundhouse damage by 55%. It was one of the only 2 things keeping us competitive in DPS and in PvP. In pvp because it was the only kind of reliable way to do some damage besides dispellable touch of karma. The problem that pisses me off extremely much is not that they nerfed it, but that they didn't give anything back to make up for it. So basically yet again we receive a huge dmg nerf with no buffs to compensate just cauae sims show monks do good dps. What a small indie company joke.Verbathius13 2d
2d MW moan My game time runs out in 4 days and was hoping to get 2.1 on my human mw in 2v2 before then, but I'm stuck at 2000-2050. I can't beat the rogues, everyone is telling me to change to orc but I ain't doing that. I cancelled my sub because of how bad human mw are to survive now. I have this habbit where I check-pvp the enemy dps in 2v2 and nearly all the rogues that have beaten all have and I'm swear down only 2k exp in 2's and 3's and it's an account they have had for years and they lose more than they win in 2v2 with hundreds of games played at 2k. And throughout mop, wod and legion I could own glads and last forever in 2v2 on my mw. Is there any tips on how I can survive the second stun of a rogue as a human without trinket? (DON'T SAY TURN ORC, I'm sick of hearing that). I play with a dh so he can sue darkness and imprison to help peel but its' not enough they always end up getting me in a 5 sec stun when he's too far away or when we have 0 defencives not even imprison. Never struggled this much before, shoud l give up on trying to get 2.1 since I only play with people from LFG and human mw seems useless unless you play with a rank 1 dps. It's embarassing struggling at 2k.Capitalpop2 2d
2d Soothing mist - Dispelable? Im curious to know if this is a flaw/bug or if it's by design. Is Soothing Mist supposed to be dispellable? When I heal a target, and he gets dispelled by a mage specced for spellsteal. I'm then required to start using soothing again then be able to start healing again. Personally I don't find that engaging and would like to know if this is a bug or if I should make a suggestion for monk changes.Pancakezlolz2 2d
2d Mastery: Combo Strikes and Memory Loss Hi there fellow Monks, I've switched to Monk from Druid this expansion because I hate myself, and have run into a minor problem while DPSing. I have a condition which occasionally results in short term memory loss. With most classes, this is not an issue as a fight will usually not require me to keep anything on the table besides my position and what's coming up next to dodge, but as a Windwalker, I have to remember what my last ability was for the purposes of Mastery: Combo Strikes. Is there a way to make an addon like TellMeWhen show me what my last ability was? If not, are there addons that already do this? Failing that, I'll go and have an attempt at my own. Somewhat related question: For the purposes of Mastery: Combo Strikes, Is there anything that doesn't count towards being your last move? I assume using trinkets doesn't count, but is it only things that are on the GCD that count? Would roll count as a different ability? What about Spear Hand Strike?Jianhua2 2d
2d Rate The Transmog Above Because old topic was filled to full, there's another one.Cryptshaolin46 2d
2d Touch of Karma, its identity and how to fix it So Touch of Karma has been an integral part of Windwalkers since their creation. It's simple, enemy tries to damage you, enemy gets punished for it by getting hit for the same amount. Good stuff. What this meant in PvE was that monks have an interesting risk/reward mechanic going on. They could either purposefully take damage to increase their DPS by a small amount, but be out of a defensive cooldown that could save their life later - or hold it until they were near death or when the raid was taking heavy damage to take some pressure off the healers, while still getting a nice little bonus in damage. So far so good. WWs would always try to find ways to squeeze as much damage as they could out of this ability, which was completely fine, because it rarely did any significant amount of damage, so often holding it was the safer choice. Dead monks do no damage. In Legion, we had two additions: first, the artifact trait that also healed the monk for damage they absorbed in Karma, effectively having an extra health bar during the ability and encouraging use while low on HP. It gave monks an excellent sustain not tied to the choice between Healing Elixirs or an extra defensive. The other is the legendary that increased the absorb (and thus damage) for ToK. Arguably broken, but so were many, many other legendaries for windwalkers and other specs alike, and not always the obvious number one choice in Legion. Now we're in BfA. The heal from ToK is gone with the artifact being removed, and we also lost Healing Elixirs. At this point, we're a spec in a hybrid class without reliable sustain. Paladins and Shaman, for example, get their heal free every once in a while, but ours is tied to a PvP talent. This is an issue because now our only heal/sustain is tied to the temporary absorb from Touch of Karma. Luckily we have Good Karma, increasing this absorb from 50% to 100% of our HP. As we all know, this is a blessing and a curse, as we are now forced to use our only baseline defensive and absorb to be competitive in DPS, doing about 8-15% of our damage, depending on raid encounter. The risk/reward mechanic I mentioned earlier worked because using the cooldown offensively was rewarded with a slight DPS boost at the cost of not having your defensive available when you might need it most. But over 10% of our damage is simply too much to ignore, too much to hold ToK for. We have to actively seek out sources of damage, which arguably can be seen as an extra layer of mechanics for monks, but ultimately an unhealthy playstyle. We stand in fire, we taunt bosses, we soak the big hits, we put ourselves straight into harm's way and take large risks, both leaving us without a baseline defensive and sometimes straight up dead, just to remain competitive with everyone else who doesn't have to do all these things while getting to keep their defensives. This is not what ToK, or Windwalkers are about. It hurts us, it hurts the raid whose monk drops dead because he had to stand in that fire for damage and then got smacked with something else unexpectedly, or who has nothing to keep himself alive because he used his only sustain to not fall behind. Of course, everyone picks Diffuse/Dampen to remedy this issue but those are often reserved for periods of raidwide damage rather than personal defense. Continued belowNightforge8 2d
2d Need some MW guidance So I admit that I have no idea what am I doing wrong with MW healing. I've read peak of serenity guide, the icy veins guide, watched tons of YouTube videos of people healing mythics but I'm still struggling with keeping people alive. A few min ago I tried waycrest manor +2 and during triad encounter I barely kept my team alive. I kept thunder focus tea and renewing mists on CD 24/7 and still all I could do was spamming vivify and still people were not topped off… I however did not blanket entire team with enveloping mists. Was that the thing I did wrong? I used essence font when party-wide damage came rolling in and then healed the party with vivify.. However I analyze it, I end up thinking vivify spamming is the only real answer to keeping team alive. I used to main rdudu so I'm no stranger to healing, but at +2 I barely had to do anything and now I can barely keep my team alive.Chithingy2 2d
2d Brewmaster in BFA Good morning, https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763796282 Since I don't have beta access I started to find useful feedback from US portal regarding brewmasters in bfa... If you enjoy tanking this class/spec - then I suggest you to read the above thread from US forums... I just want to ask Blizzard: For what this punishment?Ripdream10 2d
2d Mages... ...are a pain in my bottom. Or forehead, depending on if I'm running towards or away. Our mobility is one of our defensives, but we have no baseline root removal & even if we do talent into one, Mages have a plethora of slows. Then it hit me (in the forehead, while I was perma slowed, cold & alone), that ToK only has a 20y range, so thats a second useless defensive. Inner Strength / CtM are useless if we can't connect to generate chi. We can't burst (FoF doesn't hold target) & leg sweep / ToK / ToD are rendered useless with a trinket/root/blink. I realise they're (very well) designed to counter melee and I realise I need to 'get good' so I'm asking you, Grandmasters, to impart some ancient wisdom on this humble grasshopper. I realise I could talent into Yu'lons Gift, Tigers Lust & Ride the Wind to possibly counter in Arena, but I'd rather not roll with a Mage-countering-setup in every BG I'm in. Is it possible to counter Mages without being talented into it? Even with Escape Artist I'm struggling & the other Gnomes are laughing at me.Gnomechomsky1 2d
4d MW in 2v2 Good? Or... Okay since now in BFA mw monks are the only healer with 0 defencives at all in stuns, we used to have healing elixir proccing on it's own but now nothing. Well I find rogues kill me all the time after they force my trinket. This has never ever been an issue before and I mained MW monk ever since mop and every expan. Now it seems in order for a mw monk to get anywhere in 2v2 they have to be with amazing dps, and honestly I don't have that. I don't get to play with any glads. Also I've noticed in 2v2 nearly all the mw monks are orc and a few human, I'm a human. So I have a trinket and no shortened stun, i don't want to change faction again for racial :/ The only problem for me are rogues nothing more Can blizz just make healing elixir proc automatically when you're low again, it was the only thing we had to survive stuns and now we got nothing. I won't even get into 3v3 where I can't survive through alot of pressure.Capitalpop11 4d
4d Islands expedition change ? Hello, Before, in islands expeditions, I was able to complete the specials NPC quests with my abilities instead of using the special item. For example, I could use my dispel on the poisoned NPC instead of finding the antidote, or I could use my heals on the wounded NPC... Last time I tried, it didn't work. I didn't saw any change to it in fixes notes. Can someone confirm it changed, or is it still working and I suddenly forgot how to click ? :)Hinkypunk1 4d
4d Blizzard refuses to buff WW monk In the past few weeks I've watched the notes in hope that WW gets buffed even a little, but every single time there's nothing about them, it's like we don't even exist. More so, they even nerfed meridian strikes trait, instead of buffing with something. Meanwhile feral gets its 50th buff next week and rogue/hunter gets dmg nerfed by 5%, which tickles them, so they'll still stay top DPS in anything. Nice job blizzard.Verbathius27 4d
5d Roll To Monk !? Hello Monks. Thinking on rerolling from dk since blizz letting us rot away, and wanted to ask before that how Monks doing in the arena ATM ? best comps for both 2v2 and 3v3 ? Mostly interested in pvp on both mw and ww but ww first.Kordruk1 5d
6d Invoke Chi-Ji still bugged after a full expansion Title. We need more bug reports on this, this bug makes the talent far too unreliable to use at times. It's been around since Legion launch and very infuriating. It's more rare in everyday gameplay but happens very frequently in specific places. For example the M.O.T.H.E.R fight in Uldir, if Chi-Ji's target goes through the wall, he bugs out as usual and instead of healing, just starts walking next to you like a hunter pet until you retoggle his pet bar ability and put him back in assist mode instead of defensive (which he is in by default as summoned, and this setting is not saved).Dalanna2 6d
6d How to make monks a little bit more fun. Hello Blizzard This is not a post about how bad ww are in pvp or how we want back our utility and survivability. You know that we want that. This post is about class flavor and how to make the game more fun for monk players. I come back with another post about zen flight and i'm asking again: please make zen flight act like a glide or even a slow fall when in bg's or in combat in general. Pls we need this. We are a class with agility like rogue, or feral, or dh and we don't have any prevention for fall damage. It will fit the monk so well and it's not gonna be op or something. PLS PLS PLS. It will add so much flavor to the class.Chryz8 6d
6d Voice of Ban-Lu Does anyone know who the voice actor for Ban-Lu is? I can't find it anywhere.Nazwyn1 6d
6d Isn't it time for Storm, Earth, and Fire to go? Storm, Earth, and Fire was introduced in 5.2 to help our cleave. It was a bit clunky, and got reworked in legion to be our dps cooldown. In 7.0 it was really buggy, got some fixes for 7.1 but it is still not working properly. I think SEF has had its time, Blizzard has tried to make it work but at the end of the day it's clunky and very annoying to deal with. The clones sometimes fails to copy the ability. They get easily CCed. You can't position them ideally for Fists of Fury or Spinning Crane Kick. Don't even get me started on PvP. Not to mention but we don't really need this ability for its AoE potential. My "suggestion" would be to remove SEF altogether and replace it with Legion alpha tigereye brew. Increases damage and healing by 30% for 15 sec. 1-1.5 min cooldown, 2 charges. Of course the numbers are subject to change. I believe this alone can fix some issues the class has. Not all, like the overreliance on our Touch of Death and Touch of Karma, which is easily fixable. But to be honest I find SEF more annoying. Please just remove this ability. It alone is killing my will to play the monk class, and I love the monk and want to continue. But with SEF I don't see how I can. What do you guys think?Indoriil9 6d
6d Monk or DH Tank for Mythic+? Hey guys, i played rogue till now. But I have not enough time for raiding because I am a dad now :-) and my itemlvl falls back because of this. I am.new at the tank role and I have both tanks (monk/dh) on lvl 120 and I like both on their own way. Pre bfa all pros said dk and dh are the mythic+ tanks. But is this the truth? I often read in the dh forum that dh feels squishy and monk raises up the ladder. So what do u guys think is the better mythic+ tank in the long run? Thx for ur opinions. GreetingsJochen6 6d
6d Shut up Ban-lu! After I got my class mount ,the talking old tiger, I noticed that he randomly says some voicelines. But I was wondering if you can make him shut up..Lóuhi11 6d
6d How can you even QQ about WW? http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html I don't get it??? Every single Mythic Dungeon I have ran with a WW they were absolutely top dps'ing. Seran (Sodapoppin's friend) also rapes the meters. Both on trash AOE and on boss ST? What's all about with the whine?Medínah43 6d
14 Sep MW in 3v3 Just curious why are mw just so bad in 3v3 but sort of okay even good in 2v2. I mean look at the charts on xunamate, 2v2 mw - 1228 3v3 mw - 646 (also considering the number 1 healer in 3v3 is discs - 4196). https://xunamate.com/charts But I've watched some mw monk glad streamers and they all agree mw aren't great in 3v3 agaisnt hard pressure comps. In 2v2 my mw feels equal to other healers, but in 3v3 it's awful, theres so much dmg and pressure my mana goes down so fast, faster than the other healers it would seem. What can blizz do to make them more viable in 3v3 without making them too op in 2v2? (although it's not like blizz cares if a certain class is op for weeks on end, just look at discs and the amount of people playing them compared to other healers in 2v2 disc priests - 6250 and the next healer down is 2406, the amount of all other healers in 2v2 added together equals up to the amount of discs in 2v2).Capitalpop4 14 Sep
13 Sep "Continue your training - Master Cheng" quest Hello, Today I wanted to finally finish my training on Peak of Serenity but i'm already after the Legion invasion and when im trying to do "Continue your training - Master Cheng" quest Master Cheng says: "No, I'm the other Cheng. No relation.". Any suggestions? Or it's just not possible to finish trainings after invasion?Grasshöpper4 13 Sep
13 Sep Experienced monks and paladins! Help me decide Hey guys. Trying to decide on my horde character. Due to irl commitments I can only manage to have two characters in bfa. One in alliance (resto druid) and one in the horde. As my resto druid is finished and I'm thinking about changing the style I started to look into new class to hit 120 with. I have both monk and paladin on 110 but can't decide what to focus on next. I'm not interested in tanking. Toon will be focused on healing both in pve (mainly hc raids and average m+) but I also want to play some pvp with my mate rogue (not necessarily as a healer). I know that there's as many opinions as there's players but I'll take my shot. So TLDR: My dear paladin and monk friends, tell me if you'd recommend your class to complete stranger in bfa and why! If you wouldn't, also do tell! Thanks a bunch!Slajtx6 13 Sep
12 Sep Combo and You Got a question needs clarifying. - Is it possible to track is you have the "combo buff" - Do ALL abilities count as new ones? e.g. if I enable racial between 2 BK - will it count?Vurk6 12 Sep