14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
19 Feb Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition 19 Feb
16 Jun [Guide] Windwalker PvE - 7.3.x ANTORUS Guide Windwalker 7.3 Legion PvE First of all, this basic guide is primarily made for raiding. If you are looking for an more in-depth guide make sure to check out ! 1) General information about the Windwalker 2) Stats 3) Talents 4) Artifact Weapon 5) Builds 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns 6) Playstyle 7) Defensive Cooldowns 8) Legendaries 9) Addons 10) Consumeables and Item Enhancements 10.1) Gems 10.2) Enchants 10.3) Potions 10.4) Food 10.5) Flasks 1) General information The Windwalker Monk is an Energy and Chi based highly mobile melee, that has incredible abilities to do high burst in both type of encounters : Singletarget and AoE! Cooldown and Energy management is deciding your „skill“ level. 2) Stats Agility>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility>Haste Agility is still alot better than any other stat so you will most likely go for most ilvl It is the best if you sim yout weights to be completely sure whats your best stat! 3) Talents 15: Chi Wave: (40yd range, 15s cd) does a decent amount of damage but most important about this choice is that it does reset HIT COMBO (90 Talent) 15: Eye of the Tiger: (passive): Tiger Palm also applies a dot to the target, that does damage and heals you (pretty much only useable in Serenity to make it "easier" and sort of get the Chi Wave damage during Serenity) 30: Tiger’s Lust: (20yd range, 30s cd) increases a friendly target’s movement speed by 70% for 6s and removes all roots and snares. I really like this choice since you can remove some damaging debuffs with it but any choice here is fine since ist personal preferance! 30: Chi Torpedo: (replaces Roll): An enhanced roll, that has increased range and gives you movement speed afterwards 45: Energizing Elixir: (1min cd) instantly refilling all of your Energy and Chi 60: Leg Sweep: (45s cd) stuns all enemies in a 5yd circle around you for 5s 75: Healing Elixir: (30s recharge, 2charges) heals you for 15% of your maximum health, triggers automatically if you drop below 35% health Also a preference choice depending on the encounter but overall this is probably the best choice since it is always usefull. 75: Dampen Harm (1.5m CD) Reduces damage taken by 20%-50% for 10s. Depending on incoming attack. 90: Hit Combo: (passive) each sucessive strike, that triggers your mastery in a row grants 2% increased damage for 8s, stacking up to 8 times (16% dmg increase) 90: RJW: (1Chi, AoE) : Does AoE damage over time, applies Spinning Crane Kick stacks to 4targets hit 90: Xuen (3min cd) Summons Xuen which does high damage to up to 3 targets at once, lasts 45s 100:Whirling Dragon Punch (Same CD as FoF) Does good AoE and ST damage, can only be used when RSK and FoF are on cooldown 100: Serenity (replaces SeF, with 8s duration): Increases your damage by 45% and reduces the cooldown of your Chi consumers by 50% and makes them free. (only recommended when you got atleast legendary Bracers, a lot better with Chest+Bracers and if you are an advanced ww player) 4) Artifact Weapon You want to skill your weapon counter-clockwise since it offers the best minor traits. With the new traits you want to get the new golden first, then FoF>RSK Traits in relics: You want to check whats in the crucible and then go after this "tier" list! 5) Builds At the moment there are 2 viable build which are Storm, Earth, and Fire : high burst AoE, low ST , but offers really good sustained AoE Serenity : Insane burst AoE, highest ST , lower sustain AoE than SEF 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns Serenity or Storm, Earth, and Fire (both 1.5min cd, you want to use SeF on pull, and to every ToD and Serenity on CD except you need to place your dmg somewhere special i.e Star Augur last phase) Touch of Death( 2min cd, also on cd) 6) Playstyle IMPORTANT! never use an ability twice in succession since you will lose the damage increase of your mastery AND drop Hit Combo which is an even bigger damage loss! Opener with Serenity : You want to use this macro to minmax your dps: #showtooltip Serenity /cast Serenity /cast Rising Sun Kick FIXED, but you can still use it to gain about 0.1s more uptime on serenity or even more, depending on how fast you usually click Serenity+RSKSerenity Makro (RSK) -> SotW -> RSK -> BoK -> SCK -> BoK -> RSK -> BoK -> SCK -> BoK -> RSK -> FoFWajoba40 16 Jun
19 Apr [Guide] Brewmaster - Get rolling with the Brews Introduction I decided to make this guide to help those who want to play Brewmaster in legion and bring more clarity to the spec. What will this guide include? -A quick understanding how abilities synergize and how they function. -How to appropriately gear up your Brewmaster so you don't feel like a wet sponge. - Make you understand how each stat benefits the BrM so you can build around it to suit your play-style. -Bring you closer to enlightenment to how amazing and complex this spec is. Abilities and Core Mechanics Brewmaster is a leather wearing tank that specializes in dodging and delaying damage through a mechanic called Stagger. With the use of brews Brewmaster are able to delay more damage into stagger and get rid of a percentage of damage currently in stagger. With the use of of certain abilities Brewmasters are able to reduce the time needed for a brew to ready again. The Brews Our core abilities here are IronSkin Brew which delays a further 40% of damage taken into stagger and Purifying Brew that clears 50% of damage currently in stagger. These two abilities share charges with each other and is important to learn how to balance the use of these respective brews. Fortifying Brew gives you a buff for 15 sec, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, increasing the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 20%, and reducing all damage you take by 20% and is our major defensive ability on a 7 min CD Talented- Black Ox Brew: When used instantly refills your Energy, and restores your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges. It has a 90 second CD Abilities that shorten the CDs of your Brews Like any Drunk fighter trying get more brews, you obviously Keg Smash and Tiger Palm anything in your way for more delicious brews, YUM! Keg Smash dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Tiger Palm: Damages the target and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 1 sec. The section above named "The Brews" is all the cooldowns that are affected by Keg Smash and Tiger Palm. So with perfect play you could reduce the cooldown of Fortifying Brew down to 3.5 minutes which is half of its original time. This synergy between Keg Smash , Tiger Palm and Brews is the core mechanic of Brewmasters Core Passive Abilities Stagger: delaying 40% of Physical damage and turning it into stagger and taking that damage over the next 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at half effectiveness. This is mechanic is what the Brewmasters is built around and with the talent High tolerance we can increase from this from 40% to 50% Stagger. Our Mastery is: Elusive Brawler grants a stacking dodge chance increase each time you are hit by an attack until you dodge an attack, and also passively increase attack power. This is one of our best average physical damage reduction abilities and should not be ignored. Celestial Fortune: You have a chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed. This affects your healing and healing done onto you by a healer. This also works for Absorbs. Gift of the Ox: When you take damage equal to your maximum health , you summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for (750% of Attack power). Damage is this statement refers to damage taken before absorbs and stagger. ( DR reduces damage taken before absorbs/stagger i.e 100dmg, 20%DR =80 dmg which is used to calculated GotO) The ability Expel Harm collects all of your Healing Spheres, and damages the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Which is a nice ability if you don't want to move around to collect your healing spheres.Swifthorn97 19 Apr
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h Monk healing? (Low level) So, I'm level 37 now, and I've been doing dungeons when I can for the bonus xp. Up until now my healing hasn't been great, but the last dungeon I did (Wicked Grotto), for some reason kicked my !@#. People kept dying, the tank kept going low and had to heal himself a bit, and I was trying my best. My effuse did pitiful healing. My Enveloping mist + soothing mist wasn't able to keep up either. When my cocoon is down i'm basically healing with a wet sponge. Does it get better? Am I doing something wrong? I use all my heals over time + soothing mist generally, and effuse spam when it gets tricky +the hots.Baldumb1 1h
2h Viable Monk Arena Comps S7? Hey all, Im struggling to find a list of strong arena comps for MW and WW. Does anyone have list?Nayfu0 2h
2h [Pvp] Diffuse magic and Lock's UA Hi, i restarted to play my mw monk at the early end of this season (After literally One wod ending end one extension without playing it) And i noticed a strange effect with the diffuse magic talent; Is it normal to get a blanket from instable affliction while using this talent? I'ts not supposed to be a dispell, juste a magic damage reducer which also redirect a certain amount of the damage to the caster, but its absolutely not a dispell Why tf do i take a blanket like i dispelled the ua? As i remember during wod i was using this talent against most dot based comp like Wls or Shadowplay, boomie/sp, etc etc and never faced this problem Thanks in advance for your feedbacks boisFeyrís0 2h
3h Brewmaster Hai, So i come here to you with a question. During mists of pandaria i had a lot of fun and could actually do well with brewmaster, both the stats all being good and the functionality of brewmaster i really enjoyed. Even at the start of warlords it was decent. However, when legion’s prepatch hit, i noticed something horrific. Suddenly purifying brew was a seperate stack ability along with another ability, it no longer cleared away anywhere near enough stagger, there now was this clunky useless new ability called blackout strike..and i suddenly found myself without an aoe aside from an unreliable TALENT, and a comparitively high-cd aoe in keg smash. Can someone tell me if brewmaster has improved in any way or is it still the trainwreck that it was at the start of legion..i’m seriously hoping for an overhaul in bfa? ..i used to love the spec...Now i’m forced to heal, which i wouldn’t mind if Mw wasn’t so ineffective, since i dispise windwalker and brewmaster got halfway through a trash compactor.Lilynnia5 3h
3h Cosmetic Barrel Back Piece!! Please!! Can Monks get a cosmetic back piece that we can use either as a toy like the Highmountain war harnesses or as an item we can use to transmog our capes into ale barrels!! Please? It would be ideal if it worked like the Highmountain War Harnesses and it would look amazing on Brewmasters!! We've been wanting a barrel themed back piece since Monks were introduced! Please add this in as a vendor item or something in BfA?Raphaelus1 3h
18h What was MoP MW like? As far as I remember they were supposed to attack to heal and I remember some people yelling about how healers were supposed to focus their resources only on healing until the monk healer would then teach them a lesson that attacking was key for MW. I'm wondering what the spec was like. Did it have a mechanic similar to discipline's attonement? Was it easier or harder than today's discipline? Why was it changed to the more traditional healer being a caster in the backline? Did people complain about its style? Did Blizzard change it to everybody's surprise? I'm genuinely curious what it was like, I didn't play monk until Legion launch. ThanksTzaeroth6 18h
21h BM no longer best lving spec? So, I read at a lot of places that I should level with Brewmaster, which I was glad about because I plan it to be my main spec in the end game. But I don't find it sufficient because the damage is not high enough to kill enemies as fast as I could with the windwalker spec and I can't pull as many mobs to compensate. Also, it suck that tiger palm and keg smash use the same resource. I may be playing it wrong but what do you guys think is the best spec to level? If it is brewmaster, could you explain what I'm doing wrong? I just die every time I pull more then three enemies and they all die really slow.Lerquir8 21h
1d Monk champions Since I've just hit 110, can someone tell me which champions should I use for missions and also who should I use as a bodyguard?Aenarios1 1d
1d Mistweaver Hidden Artifact Abillity I was wondering if anyone ever discovered what the hidden artifact abillity was for mistweavers. I couldn't find it confirmed anywhere but that might be me being stupid.Classbhero2 1d
2d Anyone else not enjoying Crane PvP? Hate the playstyle on fistweaving, just wondering if any others have the issue?Swishyqt4 2d
2d [BFA] Thoughts about mystic touch in 3v3 Currently on the alpha, monks gained mystic touch, aka expose armour, which is a raid-wide buff that makes a target take 5% more physical damage. I have some concerns about adding this to monks. First of all, I have to add here that I'm a mistweaver player, I can imagine most windwalker players feel rly good about getting a spell that'll allow them and their teammates to do 5% more physical damage though these concerns also apply to them. I'm scared this'll push us towards certain comps too much, my favourite comp to heal in BFA so far was probably DH/Boomie, neither of which would benefit from mystic touch, and windwalker also had ww/mage, ww/lock and even in a way, ww/dk bcus a lot of dk damage isn't physical. Melee cleaves are fine, but I don't want that to be the only comp I'm gonna be viable in just because I bring this boring 5% extra damage utility. The only reason I'm currently viable in various comps is because of wotc anyway, and getting a 5% physical damage buff makes me scared that in BFA we'll only be viable for one thing as well. I can imagine for WW that not applying it to your other partner is fine, because you still gain the benefit but I'm scared that considering 5% is a pretty nice chunk overall when playing with 2 partners, I'm going to be locked into melee cleaves. It's too early to say for sure, because who knows what else we might get in terms of utility but I hope that the rest of Mistweaver's design in BFA isn't going to be pushing us more into double melee cleaves.Pashtrak0 2d
3d Please add Zandalari Troll Monks :) Dear Blizzard Developers and Game Designers, i am playing Monk since the very first hour of their release in mop. before that i played the shaman as my main. the monk was always fun to play even tho he didnt top meters or whatever. as a monk player mybiggest wish besides being once not as bad as everyone thinks we are^^, is becoming a Zandalari Troll. I mean... im tire of the Bloodelf model in Legion^^ and i also think that the Zandalari Troll fits it lore wise.Fluffyshinni2 3d
3d Show me your funny monk names! <--------- I like my dwarf monk's name!Hayabooza230 3d
4d Rate The transmog above I wanna see some new Transmog :DXúén430 4d
13 Mar Zen Flight, Blizzard please Hello, i made a similar post some time ago and i'm trying my luck, our luck, again. My request is very simple, blizz please make zen flight to act like a slow fall, or glide when in combat. It would fit monk fantasy very well and add a ton of fun into our class and it's not gonna affect others or make monks op or unbalanced. Ever since i started this class i dreamed about jumping with Flying serpent kick and then slow fall from Lumber Mill to Blacksmith, and not having to use a goblin glider wich is not very "monkish". Thank you, and sorry if i made grammar mistakes.Chryz2 13 Mar
10 Mar Mist monks in arena I usually follow what goes on in 3v3 on xunamate and recently have been seeing alot of mist monks playing with tanks in 3v3. I also saw all the mist monks above 3k rating were all with tanks when getting there. In a way it has made me sad to see the only way a mist monk coudl get to 3k like the other healers was to play with a tank. They really do feel like the lack luster healer no one wants in 3v3. I main a mist monk and got 2.4 this season for the 1st time in legion with a uh dk and ww monk and they both kept saying they prefer to be with a rsham for purge and other things they could benefit from. Most dps would rather go with any other healer besides mist monk because they don't bring as much cc or dmg reduction defencives like other healers do. Look at these charts, mist monks are hardly played, in season 1, 2 and 3 they were in the middle and equal to all other healers. And don't mention holy priests, I'm talking class here, and discs are over a thousand 3 times as much as monks. Why did blizz make them a rated bg healer only, I hate rbg's.Capitalpop0 10 Mar
10 Mar Lightforged cant be monks Makes sense especially after Jedhins and punching draeneis there..:/Azkalakir2 10 Mar
09 Mar [bm] Gai Plin's (waist) bis anywhere? Hi there, Got most of the brewmaster legendaries and I'm running wrist & stagger ring when looking for defensive legendaries. Recently got the waist (purify healing you by 25% of purified stagger damage) and was wondering if there are any scenario's where you would pick waist over wrist/ring.Blurberry0 09 Mar
09 Mar Petition to bring OUR mistweaver back. Perhaps it's just me who is salty, but I can't fathom how they could turn the wod/legion mistweaver that relied on pre-planning and thought into our current itteration. The gameplay litteraly boils down to: Use your RnM on cd, use your poor mans wildgrowth on cd, and then spam vivify untill your fingers bleed. Where's the preplanning? Where's our delicious 10-15 man uplifts? It felt rewarding and promoted good gameplay in my opinion, with clever use of RnM/TfT you could reward yourself with "mini" revivals every 45 second. Am I the only one who miss this playstyle? Am I alone? If not, please sign this petition, perhaps blizzard will listen if we're lucky. <3Hokke4 09 Mar
09 Mar Monks new Animations? So, hello. I put this post up just to know what the comunity thinks about this idea and how viable is it really. I was wondering what are the chances that monks (specially windwalkers) may get new combat style animations. I mean stances and autoattacks. Now they like a "tai chi" look alike fighting stance (forgive me if I misplace the fighting style xD) and I was wondering if they could get "muai thai" similar fighting styles as a customization option. For example, have the option of having autoattacks using the same "bone structure" as Kharazim in hero of the storm. Or is it to complacated? I ask this because after all windwalkers monks fight with thier fist and although you can transmog swords and axes you never really "fight" with them. I thought of this idea as an option you like upright orcs. PD: sorry for any miss spelling, english is not my mother tongue.Alekz6 09 Mar
05 Mar bad dmg ww monk hi im 950ilvl and have very bad dmg after play around 1hour on hc antorus,i recorded this video (about my stats) what the problem?Saraphen16 05 Mar
05 Mar 8.0 - (Mistweaver specific) The future for us Hi All, As we know Antorus is the last raid for 7.X and there is probably (defiantly) already some 8.0X stuff going on at blizzard. We started off Legion for Emerald nightmare to Nighthold in a pretty bad place above HC modes, where mana was always a problem, and Essence font was your only friend in the world. And everyone was talking about needed changes for MW (mistweavers) to be made 'great again' (ReM ReM UPLIFT MoP style! ) What actually happened was that we had some skills re-balanced in SP (spell power) %, and had essence font re-addressed, but actually saw us in a better place for the rest of Legion and viability for non-world 1st positions If there was ever a time to re-address what we have as our toolkit it will be a 8.0 so i ask you - what do you want your 8.0 Mistweaver to be! Please keep the discussion Friendly and Positive, reading posts full of hate does not help with class developmentZandalr22 05 Mar
05 Mar Is Brewmaster bad on low levels or am I? I literally pull 2-3 mobs and die so fast that the healer, no matter how good he is can't outheal the damage I take. I use my Ironskin Brew and Blackout Combo all the time, I even pick my healing spheres from Gift of the Ox when I can. So, please, tell me what am I doing wrong or is the spec just bad on low levels?Llouthe2 05 Mar
03 Mar [BrM]Haste values? I've seen a few Haste values floating around, and I have no idea which I should be going for assuming no iLevel sacrifices. I've seen: 14.3% haste for GCD-locked 2TP rotation 8% haste as the minimum value for a 3TP rotation 10% haste for a 3TP rotation to not become energy starved 14.3% is the one I see talked about most, but I'm struggling to wrap my head around why it's better than 3TP rotations. I believe a 2TP rotation at 14.3% provides the greatest number of brews, but is lower DPS and comes at opportunity costs of other "preferential" stats. It's also a very exact threshold, with even slightly less Haste ruining the whole purpose, and anything higher being completely wasted. Which should I be aiming for, assuming no Agility/Stamina/iLevel sacrifice? FWIW, I'm currently on ~9% and notice I'm sometimes need to use Black Ox Brew for energy.Angaraz1 03 Mar
03 Mar Help monk tank I'm leveling my nightborne and void elf both monk. Since I wanted fast leveling and get unlock gears. I don't have levels so long time. Yes, friend talked me blizz changed dungerons now like vanilla harder. I was very DPS main, when first time tank.... Now my one monk 60lvl. But, I noticed 59lvl+ came harder tank. I died fast when boss hit me. Once I move as dodge so much. Healer talked me "Stop move" I'm confused.... Healer can't hel me when I much move. I tried read icy-veins page. I'm stupid tank...Redde1 03 Mar
03 Mar Brewmaster trinkets choice Hi brewthers, Decided to come back on my monk for 2018. But i’m a bit confiused about trinkets for tanking. I acutally have these : - apocalypse drive 945ilvl - IMO deck 900 - astral alchemist stone 935 - eye of farg’h 915 I’m mostly tanking mythic + Which should i equip ? Thanks in advance !Synhto3 03 Mar
03 Mar 4set vs Stats Hi guys, Question, I'm struggling between the choice of equipping a piece to complete my 4 set bonus vs a piece with higher stats. The choice is between a 955 Titanforged chest(see armory) and the Chest of Chi'ji at 930. The bonus is imo worth it, but those 25 ilevels have a pretty bit stat difference. -550 crit, -750 agility, -450 mastery. What do you guys think? Is the loss of stats worth it? How do you guys deal with these type of choices? ThanksYanma3 03 Mar
02 Mar [BFA] Strike of the Windlord Is that ability going to remain in monks arsenal in BFA? Anyone knows yet? Rumors? Speculations? Anything?! I am considering building a new monk with one of the new races for preparation to main in BFA, but that skill is such an invaluable burst tool in our kit, I dont know if I could live without it. Is it going away? Please no! I found some info about shamans (ele) keeping Stormkeeper artifact ability and Paladins(ret) for Wake of Ashes as a talent to spec into, they plan on doing this for monks as well?Hawkage9 02 Mar
28 Feb About monks. theres no point me asking Questions based on Raw numbers or if Monks are viable in BFD, likelihood is u guys wont have those answers as no one has those answers, however I do have a Question. In the start of this expansion, Monks started out in a good place and were amazing in Mythic+... but during the expansion monks fell forums displayed Hatred towards the terrible Scaling and blizzard being unwilling to fix these issues. there were bugs among the monks Skillset and this forum was A mass of rage against blizzard Ignoring the class and not fixing the issues. I look now.. and no ones angry at balance?.. Logs show monks performing pretty damn well. I'm curious Has the Scaling problems been fixed? or was this just bandaid buffed?.. I'm asking mainly because MM Hunter on alpha, the direction their taking the class doesn't appeal to me.. they're keeping em AoE Based with very little to do in ST SItuations but use Aim shot and the animations are dull... combined with the fact Ur just gonna be bunnyhopping around throwing arrows at weird !@# angles. Survivals the only one peaking my interest and because the instant backlash blizzard would get from the community if they felt like they had to be a Melee Hunter to Max out their DPS... I find it to be quite likely Survival hunter wont be what People will be wanting but rather the BM or MM Hunters. so looking at the changes on videos etc etc from the Alpha accessed Players.. Retribution paladins are getting some really nice changes.. and Windwalker monks seem to not being revamped but improved upon. and was curious to what peoples opinons are on monks now..Sinstre9 28 Feb
28 Feb Will Zandalari be able to be monks. I know that theres this thing about the datamining saying Zandalari cant be monks. however, would blizzard really release this race without monks?... its Litterally... gonna be the ONLY Race in the entire game not to get monk, which seems really silly.. Dark iron dwarfs as far as said CAN Be monks... so it'd see huge if We're one down in that class balance given how long blizzard has maintain this balance of what races can be what classes. I do kinda hope they can.. I would like to play a Zandalari monk :oSinstre5 28 Feb
26 Feb Mistweavers in battlegrounds Hey, I haven't played wow for a few years, and was wondering how Mistweaver PVP work in pvp. Like, for all healingclasses I know from experience how they work in PVP (where they're weak against, mobility, whether they cast alot, the kind of cc they have etc) But I was wondering how Mistweavers work in PVP, as I'm intended to play mostly battlegrounds and I noticed they seem to be quite good for that(kinda like rdruids?) So could someone give me a runthrough?Norb1 26 Feb
24 Feb Newbie Monk I'm a noob monk (lvl 42) and have enjoyed the playstyle very much (i played a rogue in classic, many years ago) and i have a few questions! I play as WW almost entirely (with MW if i want to dungeon quick) and my story so far: I've completed the gnome starting zone, Loch Modan, Westfall, and now doing Wetlands. 1. Is their any good/fun zones that anyone recommends prior to 60? 2. i've heard 60-80 is a grind, is this true & what can i do to ease this? 3. Is their anything else i should be doing whilst leveling to make my character perform better at 110? 4. When/how to i get flying mounts? Additionally, i've done dungeons once each (occasionally more if they're fun) as the quests are a nice bump of exp/items and i've got enough rep for the 16slot bags from each vendor (panda/gnome/ironforge/stormwind).Blitze1 24 Feb
23 Feb Struggling with WW DPS Hey guys, Hope this doesnt turn into one of these "oh god another noob" threads :p I am seriously struggling with WW dps. I mainly raid and WW in my group pull 1M dps easy, if not way more. I am keeping stuck at 900k. I perform the rotations well, no double actions, CDs up at all times etc. And I've been playing WoW for many years, so I know how to play. Plus the fact that I see other monks not having this problem, so it doenst seem like a class issue. My gear is currently at 930, but I dont really see the impact on my dps. And I doubt it's solved by gemming/enchanting. The boost isnt that big. Anyone any advice? Or noticing the same? Thanks YanmaYanma16 23 Feb
23 Feb BFA so far MW : - They don't give us back the old soothing mist (still a PvP talent) - Still no mana tea - Chi isn't back as a ressource WW : - No tigereye brew - Hurricane strike is back ! It's renamed "Cyclone strikes" So far still no hype for me, as the core gameplay mechanics of my class which made me love it so much is still pruned...It's early alpha so there's still hope, I guess. :/Srav15 23 Feb
22 Feb Chillest Class Ever... And I love you all.Brizz4 22 Feb
22 Feb Transmog issues...just pandaren? Hello fellow monks. Please help me get to the bottom of something. Since forever I have this crippling issue with belts. I play a pandaren and all the cool belts I can transmog prevent the bottom part of the tabard from showing. It's like he tucked it into his pants or something and it ruins the look. The same thing happens when I'm wearing a 1 piece "dress" type of robe, like the ones from Draenor. For a more specific example, none of the belts from this expansion's monk tier sets lets me see the bottom part of the tabard. Is this something affecting only pandaren? I'm looking for input from monks of different races. In order to test it personally I would have to level another monk to 110 in order to be able to transmog those belts :/ Thanks in advance, any help is apreciated.Dawgfu2 22 Feb
21 Feb best leveling spec in legion hello! i just hit 100 on my monk, but am wondering, wich spec is most ideal for leveling? brewmaster or ww?Bananadeath4 21 Feb
21 Feb Question about specs So I'm leveling a monk who I intend to play as a brewmaster because I love tanking, however, upon occasion I would also like switch over to mistweaver because I also like healing a lot. I doubt stats really matter while leveling but I wondered if switching around will cause problems gear-wise later on. How does that work in high level play? Should I just stick to the brewmaster spec or would I be able to be an effective healer in agility based gear? Or should I spend resources on intellect based gear? Wouldn't that be a waste and make me less effective at my main role? How'll that work?Lerquir1 21 Feb
20 Feb new races for the monk, any good? I was going to lvl up every possible class for NEs. But now we have Velfs. So I was considering them instead. I am not convinced though. If you compare their racials //// I really don't think the Velfs can beat the racials of NEs. Am I wrong? I would be happy to hear your thoughts about it because it would be the class/race combination I would spend my free 110 boost on. *I have a panda monk* (horde)Konneil4 20 Feb
19 Feb Can't track Enveloping Mist on PvP raid frames Hello, if I cast an enveloping mist let's say in a dungeon, I can see the enveloping mist as well as my renewing mist on raid frames. When I do BGs, I can see only the renewing HoT on raid frames, but not the enveloping mist. I use Ancient Mistweaver Arts talent in PvP, which makes my enveloping mist instant. I believe it has something to do with it. Please, advise how to track enveloping mist on raid frames in PvP while using the above specified talent. Thank you.Khyrmiru2 19 Feb
19 Feb [Possible Bug] Gale Burst bonus Hey guys! I've been doing tests for more than an hour now, and no matter how many times I tried, Gale Burst never provided the correct amount of bonus damage to Touch of Death. I've spent a lot of time making manual calculations, and I have a really strong feeling that Blizzard might've nerfed Gale Burst to 5% without letting us know. For more info and detailed proofs, please check this out: I would like your opinion guys on this! Cheers, JadeJadefists0 19 Feb
19 Feb The hozen and the cream pie Hello , It's been a few months since Ban Lu promised to tell me the story of hozen and cream pie ... I wait for this story with impatience and wonder when I would be entitled, because I can not say that I eat too much bread or ask me if it's still far away he does not tell me much :(Omgkittymeow7 19 Feb
19 Feb can u kill someone without using ur big CDs ? alot of ppl say ww monks only deal dmg during the big cooldowns is that true ? i want to make a monk but that doesn't seem fun to me ps : i play battleground thanksOnecake6 19 Feb
18 Feb BFA Paralysis nerf Paralysis Incapacitates the target for until cancelled. Limit 1. Damage will cancel the effect. Limited to 1 target. 3% of Base Mana / 20 Energy / 20 Energy / 3% of Base Mana. 20 yd range. Instant. 15 sec cooldown. 60 sec cooldown. 60 sec cd on para will turn ww into legion arms warrior 2.0Balia8 18 Feb
18 Feb Mute Ban Lu/Monk Mount - Addon I found this addon on the US Monk forum and thought it would be useful to post here because i know i have come here looking for a way to mute our lovely mount whose endless quotes may get annoying after a while, enjoy! ... 18 Feb