Monk

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
16 Jun [Guide] Windwalker PvE - 7.2.x Guide Windwalker 7.1 Legion PvE First of all, this basic guide is primarily made for raiding. If you are looking for an more in-depth guide make sure to check out http://www.peakofserenity.com ! 1) General information about the Windwalker 2) Stats 3) Talents 4) Artifact Weapon 5) Builds 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns 6) Playstyle 7) Defensive Cooldowns 8) Legendaries 9) Addons 10) Consumeables and Item Enhancements 10.1) Gems 10.2) Enchants 10.3) Potions 10.4) Food 10.5) Flasks 1) General information The Windwalker Monk is an Energy and Chi based highly mobile melee, that has incredible abilities to do high burst in both type of encounters : Singletarget and AoE! Cooldown and Energy management is deciding your „skill“ level. 2) Stats Agility>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility>Haste Agility is still alot better than any other stat so you will most likely go for most ilvl It is the best if you sim yout weights to be completely sure whats your best stat! 3) Talents 15: Chi Wave: (40yd range, 15s cd) does a decent amount of damage but most important about this choice is that it does reset HIT COMBO (90 Talent) 15: Eye of the Tiger: (passive): Tiger Palm also applies a dot to the target, that does damage and heals you (pretty much only useable in Serenity to make it "easier" and sort of get the Chi Wave damage during Serenity) 30: Tiger’s Lust: (20yd range, 30s cd) increases a friendly target’s movement speed by 70% for 6s and removes all roots and snares. I really like this choice since you can remove some damaging debuffs with it but any choice here is fine since ist personal preferance! 30: Chi Torpedo: (replaces Roll): An enhanced roll, that has increased range and gives you movement speed afterwards 45: Energizing Elixir: (1min cd) instantly refilling all of your Energy and Chi 60: Leg Sweep: (45s cd) stuns all enemies in a 5yd circle around you for 5s 75: Healing Elixir: (30s recharge, 2charges) heals you for 15% of your maximum health, triggers automatically if you drop below 35% health Also a preference choice depending on the encounter but overall this is probably the best choice since it is always usefull. 75: Dampen Harm (1.5m CD) Reduces damage taken by 20%-50% for 10s. Depending on incoming attack. 90: Hit Combo: (passive) each sucessive strike, that triggers your mastery in a row grants 2% increased damage for 8s, stacking up to 8 times (16% dmg increase) 90: RJW: (1Chi, AoE) : Does AoE damage over time, applies Spinning Crane Kick stacks to 4targets hit 90: Xuen (3min cd) Summons Xuen which does high damage to up to 3 targets at once, lasts 45s 100:Whirling Dragon Punch (Same CD as FoF) Does good AoE and ST damage, can only be used when RSK and FoF are on cooldown 100: Serenity (replaces SeF, with 8s duration): Increases your damage by 45% and reduces the cooldown of your Chi consumers by 50% and makes them free. (only recommended when you got atleast legendary Bracers, a lot better with Chest+Bracers and if you are an advanced ww player) 4) Artifact Weapon You want to skill your weapon counter-clockwise since it offers the best minor traits. When you hit the 3rd golden trait (Crosswinds) you can get Good Karma which helps alot with your defense in every situation since it buffs your Touch of Karma. With the new traits you want to get the new golden first, then FoF>RSK Traits in relics: #1 Fists oft he Wind (5% Fists of Fury damage) #2 Rising Winds (5% Rising Sun Kick damage) Could change due to recent changes, yet to test !! will update ASAP 5) Builds At the moment there are 2 viable build which are Storm, Earth, and Fire : high burst AoE, moderate ST , but offers really good sustained AoE Serenity : Insane burst AoE, highest ST (due to Legendary Chest), lower sustain AoE than SEF 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns Serenity or Storm, Earth, and Fire (both 1.5min cd, you want to use SeF on pull, and to every ToD and Serenity on CD except you need to place your dmg somewhere special i.e Star Augur last phase) Touch of Death( 2min cd, also on cd) 6) Playstyle First rule : never use an ability twice in succession since you will lose the damage increase of your mastery AND drop Hit Combo which is an even bigger damage loss! Opener with Serenity : You want to use this macro (you need to have 2Cho and no GCD for it to work!) #showtooltip Serenity /cast Serenity /cast Rising Sun Kick FIXED, but you can still use it to gain about 0.1s more uptime on serenity or even more, depending on how fast you usually click Serenity+RSKTP->ToD-Macro->RSK->SotW-RSK-BoK-SCK-RSK->BoK-SCK-RSK->BoK->SCK->FoF !ADVANCED! DOES ONLY WORK WITH BL TP->ToD->Serenity Macro (RSK) -> SotW -> RSK -> FOF -> RSK (cancels FoF) -> BoK -> SCK -> RSK -> BoK -> SCK -> RSKWajoba40 16 Jun
15 Jun Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx429 15 Jun
19 Apr [Guide] Brewmaster - Get rolling with the Brews Introduction I decided to make this guide to help those who want to play Brewmaster in legion and bring more clarity to the spec. What will this guide include? -A quick understanding how abilities synergize and how they function. -How to appropriately gear up your Brewmaster so you don't feel like a wet sponge. - Make you understand how each stat benefits the BrM so you can build around it to suit your play-style. -Bring you closer to enlightenment to how amazing and complex this spec is. Abilities and Core Mechanics Brewmaster is a leather wearing tank that specializes in dodging and delaying damage through a mechanic called Stagger. With the use of brews Brewmaster are able to delay more damage into stagger and get rid of a percentage of damage currently in stagger. With the use of of certain abilities Brewmasters are able to reduce the time needed for a brew to ready again. The Brews Our core abilities here are IronSkin Brew which delays a further 40% of damage taken into stagger and Purifying Brew that clears 50% of damage currently in stagger. These two abilities share charges with each other and is important to learn how to balance the use of these respective brews. Fortifying Brew gives you a buff for 15 sec, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, increasing the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 20%, and reducing all damage you take by 20% and is our major defensive ability on a 7 min CD Talented- Black Ox Brew: When used instantly refills your Energy, and restores your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges. It has a 90 second CD Abilities that shorten the CDs of your Brews Like any Drunk fighter trying get more brews, you obviously Keg Smash and Tiger Palm anything in your way for more delicious brews, YUM! Keg Smash dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Tiger Palm: Damages the target and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 1 sec. The section above named "The Brews" is all the cooldowns that are affected by Keg Smash and Tiger Palm. So with perfect play you could reduce the cooldown of Fortifying Brew down to 3.5 minutes which is half of its original time. This synergy between Keg Smash , Tiger Palm and Brews is the core mechanic of Brewmasters Core Passive Abilities Stagger: delaying 40% of Physical damage and turning it into stagger and taking that damage over the next 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at half effectiveness. This is mechanic is what the Brewmasters is built around and with the talent High tolerance we can increase from this from 40% to 50% Stagger. Our Mastery is: Elusive Brawler grants a stacking dodge chance increase each time you are hit by an attack until you dodge an attack, and also passively increase attack power. This is one of our best average physical damage reduction abilities and should not be ignored. Celestial Fortune: You have a chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed. This affects your healing and healing done onto you by a healer. This also works for Absorbs. Gift of the Ox: When you take damage equal to your maximum health , you summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for (750% of Attack power). Damage is this statement refers to damage taken before absorbs and stagger. ( DR reduces damage taken before absorbs/stagger i.e 100dmg, 20%DR =80 dmg which is used to calculated GotO) The ability Expel Harm collects all of your Healing Spheres, and damages the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Which is a nice ability if you don't want to move around to collect your healing spheres.Swifthorn97 19 Apr
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
2h Embarassing: Blizzard's reply to Babylonius Greetings fellow Windwalkwers. This is the time where i usually check US + EU forums about any possible new hotfix regarding WW. Babylonius, one of the best WW monk out there, author of www.peakofserenity.com and much much more, made a very accurate post with proof beyond this world, that WW is underperforming since ages. Check out here Blizzard's reply: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/6j2wwk/wow_class_design_ama_june_2017/djbfwzi/?context=3 This pretty much shows that Blizz is totally avoiding to give a straight answer. They either want WW to be dead last always, or they simply dont know how to fix the class. If its the latter then i m not surprised. The recent nerfs proved us right but they just dont admit it. They ask for feedback and they get it. Yet they chose to ignore every kind of data we provide, and proceed with nerfs. We justified why WW needs to be buffed with logs from the top monks out there. Dont tell us the usual excuse u gave out regarding BrMs about being very strong tanks and a tricky class/spec to play and you are sad that the comminuty cannot fathom its power, because if you do let me ask you this: If BrM was so strong why have you buffed its armor/stamina like 2-3 times since then ? Simple. Because later on you realized that it actually wasnt. Some additional survivability was actually missing. As i said earlier we justified why WW needs a buff with logs. If you tell us the same excuse its like telling the top WWs out there that they dont know how to play their class. Personally i m really disappointed from this reply. I dont know if they are trying to buy some time, but the final result is making the class way less appealing that it already is to the public. I main monk/WW since MoP's Day 1. I was rank 1-5 in every boss in MoP when i was raiding in hardcore guilds but damn me Bab's intel is accurate as hell. They ignored the poor guy right into his face. This kind of replies will distant players from the class. There is nothing to feel bad about. You are a hero to us Babs. After such a useless and non promising reply they clearly give me the idea to believe they dont want to improve the class at all. I m 95% closer in forsaking my monk with 1 of my alts. 1 less dedicated WW for you Blizz, and more will follow. And just to make things clear: " You make the Monk class to be the least played.. "Eñzzo10 2h
6h Touch of Karma and Legendary I am still fresh to this spec, esp. this skill and now this legendary. I read its good but how do I use this? Damage os done mostly to tanks so I use this on raid wide dmg skills a bit uses? Or e.g. in MoS does it work on this AoE dmg Helya throws left or right?Pandarzo4 6h
18h WW in arena Xunamate has WW representation up considerably from 7.2. I know they had some small buffs in the patch but also had a few nerfs from what I saw (such as fof dmg). Is there a reason for the increase in rep, is it just certain comps or are they starting to get better?Skallion8 18h
1d Brewmaster Monk Ale Barrel back piece!! Blizzard, please create an item that Brewmasters can wear permanently on their back, or at the very least can transmog their back piece with, to look like an ale barrel! We needs it, we wants it, we must has it!! I know their are toys and stuff but they last like a minute with an hour cool down! Heck, even a toy with a ten minute up time and a one minute cool down that we can wear on our backs or even carry under our arm that isn't holding our artifact weapon would do.. Please! :)Obokai3 1d
1d All Monks important- upvote this! No not this topic of mine, but this on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/6j2wwk/wow_class_design_ama_june_2017/djb2i21/ If you don't have a reddit account- make one and upvote it (click the ^ symbol on the left of the comment). The more upvotes this comment from babylonius gets, the highest up it will be in the overall thread, and the most likely the devs notice it and therefore respond.Monkmode3 1d
1d Brewmaster and Windwalker I think monk is the only class in the game that has one of the best subclasses and one of the worst subclasses in the game. Brewmaster is seen as one of the best tank spec in the game (on par with bear) While Wind Walker is one of the worst DPS spec in the game. Why there is such a huge difference in power here? Who in the balance team made Wind Walker so bad that people are being kicked out of the groups with short note "reroll bye" while Brewmasters are welcomed in every guild? Okay, I get it. Not every spec can be on the top because this is impossible for everyone to be 1st place but what the hell? There are countless posts of people whining about Wind Walkers being bad DPS class and yet nothing happens. Things like this makes people unsub and then eventualy come back if their class is viable again or simply never come back again because nobody wants to be treated poorly just because they play class they like.Murtysh2 1d
2d Mistweaver monk artifact quest HELP! Is there some kinda trick to completing the quest I cannot do the last boss for the life of me everyone is too hard to heal, does anyone have any advice. Im really new to healing in general.Zenmooism13 2d
2d Helm of the somber gaze Hey all, I have the monk tier set helm and for some reason since the patch the appearance has changed to a completely different helm with the same name. Even on the appearance viewer the helm shows wrong.... has anyone else noticed this or do they have a fix or is it because blizz?Rudy0 2d
2d Will WW be viable dps? After 7.2.5?Wiindloord40 2d
2d Infuriating bug Soothing mist has been removed from my action bar every time I log in, which means that if I forget to add it at the start of a bg, I'm caught without it at the start of a fight and have to rely on being kept up by any other healers on our team while I open the Spellbook and add it to the bar, which can lose the whole bg, since some ppl just go afk if the 1st fight is lost. I have submitted a bug report but felt like posting it here too, as it's such an annoying bug. It even got removed from the action bar after I finished a bg just now. Are we really expected to manually add it to the action bar at the beginning of every single bg? That's so not cool.Bobbett0 2d
2d Lost my raid spot for Tomb as WW monk Shame that blizzard hates monks so much. Has been the most fun class i have played in years but sadly I have been kicked out of the raid team for mythic progress in Tomb and told reroll or don't come, since the team doesn't have a spot for a melee that does less ST than a tank in a raid with very few adds. In an expansion like this where alts and rerolling is harder than it has ever been, blizz putting monks in a situation like this is simply unfair. Our offspecs are garbage and being nerfed as well so I have had to rush a mage just to keep my spot, and I hear similar things from many people who have just had to ditch their monk.Lupercàl10 2d
2d Your opinion about our class mount? I personally think it is awesome, love the fact that it can talk lol. The whole questline was also great imo, very "grandmasterish". But I would also like to hear your opinion, so do u like our mount? :)Liao18 2d
2d WW, Blackout kick 3 sec CD?! What, since when?Sveh0 2d
3d Mw stats So I got 33% critical and 10% versa but my haste is only 10% should I stack a bit more haste?Xinwu1 3d
3d MW Revival question I've completed my artifact traits, so my Revival CD has been reduced by 40 seconds, but in Tomb last night it was back to a 3 min cooldown. Anyone else experienced this?Greensleaves0 3d
3d Fastest class in game now? I just wonder, is it feral druids, WW, or DH, regarding mobility and walking speed? It used to be always druids, but now I wonder. For what I've seen could be DH with stack mastery or WW with talents, but there seems to be no consensus. Regarding fun I'm just leveling my monk for first time and surprised it could be more fun that it seemed at first...and I know they just got nerfed. Used to feral druids, but I like a class that can move faster at all times.Tóxicity6 3d
3d WW aoe question to windwalker aoe do you have to go around hitting every mob in the pack for your spinning crane kick to do dmg or are there ways around it. thinking of doing some mythics with my monk alt but i just cant find anything that answers my questionGrifftalo5 3d
4d Is the new Legendary Ring that bad? (MW) So i managed to get the ring earlier and decided to look up its viability on Icy-Veins but it said its the worse legendary for MW Monks, But from what i can tell it will allow me to choose one of the mana preserving talents. Ive always found MW Monks use up alot more mana than other healers so i assumed this would be one of the better legendarys for MW Monks, I know they've had some buffs recently so you dont use your mana as fast but i havent really healed since the buffs. Anyone else got the ring yet? Whats your thoughts on it? Its my 2nd legendary for my Monk so ill be using it regardless.Zaryá2 4d
4d Zen-Pilgrimage: return not working? Seems like Zen-Pilgrimage isn't working anymore since 7.2.5? can't return to location?Jêêss7 4d
4d BRM, are you keeping yours or rerolling? I switched from Horde and decided to try a brewmaster for the first time. I started this guy from one, and i just completely fell in love with this spec! If I go back on my guardian Druid - bored... Prot pala - bored. Even my DPS chars is less fun for me. Brm just got under my skin, and it is the most fun spec I have ever played. BUT... Reading both on US forum and here about the changes makes me stall, especially because I am newly dinged. Are they destroying our viability? Is it worth to put in the work, grind and enter the RNG lottery and Leggo chase? My intention with this one was to main it, go for especially M+, but now I am unsure. Not because I wanna be OP or FotM (guess picking monk in the first place proves that) I am just worried if we will be worthless. Are you keeping yours or rerolling? If you hadn't put in all that investment that some of you have.. would you then reroll? I am really not sure what to do. So far I just placed him in his order hall, and started another char to main, just to be safe in case BRM gets destroyed. But I miss my monk :(Rokurou14 4d
5d should i use serenity with legendary bracers ? i got the legendary bracers for ages but only now found out it changes with serenity. should i change talents ? i never really got to use serenity on any expansion.Wushupanda3 5d
5d Rate The transmog above I wanna see some new Transmog :DXúén230 5d
5d Are stats still the same for MW? is it haste/mastery for dungeons while crit and versa for raiding? all the stuff i see even from mistytea says crit and versa doesnt even mention anythin about dungeons btw, HURRAH for the buff so good :DKaméhameha1 5d
5d Arena comps for MW As the title says whats gucci right now i cant seem to google my way to it.Voidblossom5 5d
5d Essence font buggs out on 2nd stack of TFT?? Hey guys, now I don't know if I'm losing my mind or reading something wrong, but has anyone noticed that if you use Essence font on your 2nd stack of thunder focus tea ( talent "Focused Thunder" ) that the 100% channel speed increase doesn't happen? As long as you use Essence Font as the first ability after TFT, the channel will be 100% faster, but if you use it as a 2nd empowered ability, the channel time will remain as it normally is.Ihealforcash5 5d
5d Dealing with mana in raid healing Hey, So I'm pretty good at healing. My guild praises my healing prowess in raids and I'm usually the top healing in PvP or LFR. However... I run out mana so quickly (I know this is a problem with Monks); I'm wondering how do you guys manage your mana during a lengthy fight? I have taken to using Leytorrent Potions but it's only enough for a few good heals.Frapuccino2 5d
5d Sustainability of MW in 7.2 Hello! This is my second character, but the first one I'm taking seriously in terms of stat priority, gear etcetera. My first ever WoW character was a hunter who, well, sucked. I didn't really know what I was doing and found the class difficult to manage. Because of this, I couldn't really get into Legion content proper, so now I only really use them to get transmogs from old raids. I'm really enjoying playing a MW, and feel I'm getting pretty good at it. However, I'm worried that, come Legion, I'm going to run into the same issues as my hunter and be completely flimsy. I'm wanting to focus on PvE (World Quests, specifically) but I'd love to get into raiding once I'm properly geared. TL;DR is MW okay for solo PvE in Legion, or am I better off re-rolling for a speciality that can take more damage, like Brewmaster? I'm new(ish) to the game so I apologise if I got anything wrong here. Thanks for any help. :~)Jinyue2 5d
5d WW trait "Fists of the wind" The WW trait "Fists of the wind" increases the damage done of FoF by 5 % with each point.But the problem is that when i level the trait and i check the tooltip FoF does the same damage.Is the trait working as intendet and does it actually increase the damage done of FoF even if its not showing it in the tooltip.Quadpulse3 5d
6d did they add monk buff on EU ????? Did they add the monk buff on EU ???i cant see them in hotfixes can you guys Classes Casting Heroic Leap, Infernal Strike, Metamorphosis, or Grappling Hook while rooted will no longer consume the cooldown. Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator) Windwalker Blackout Kick damage increased by 8%. Rising Sun Kick damage increased by 8%. Tiger Palm damage increased by 8%.Raígor0 6d
6d Staying WW or rerolling? The nerf was pretty hard on us, are you guys going to stick with it or reroll to something more viable? I myself am not a raider so im totally fine with sticking with it but i would like to hear others opinions, especially if your a raider.Gonrund6 6d
6d Hello, I wish to learn more about your utility Hey! So I don't know alot about your class and specs on the utility side and what it offers in a raid. I figure it a good thing to know if you guys have anything special utility that could be called out during a fight! Is there a few abilities/talents for each spec that people should know of? So far what I know on top of my head is Life Cocoon Thanks in advance!Alempa5 6d
6d WW ... Haa .. Haa It was fun on day one of Legion .. Run around AE stun everything around .. Then the nurfs started .. Today the spec is crap in raids and crap in PvP .. Players teams even burst through Karma hahah R.I.P. WWGimriz4 6d
18 Jun Discuss the new monk legendary headpiece And what legendaries you would use instead and when you would use this over other legendaries. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151811/the-wind-blowsTastefull4 18 Jun
18 Jun No point playing WW in hardcore guilds Most hardcore guilds use loot council for optimal loot distribution and honestly, why would you give a 940 titan forged piece to a monk ever when you can give it to a DH, or a Rogue for example. The same with trinkets, this tier CoF would have been given always to warriors, then rogues/DH, Monks would be the least priority on that. Of course there are successful monks like Conjugate, Notxes, Shadli who probably are exempt from this rule but generally speaking, unless you are an officer or really respected in your guild, there's no reason to actually give a WW loot over almost any other class. If you are taking raiding serious you could roll just about any other melee class and be better off.Monkmode0 18 Jun
17 Jun The Brewmaster t20 change 17/06/2017 Hello. I want to give my feedback on this change and my concerns with it going forward. I personally really don't enjoy mechanics that RNG for tanks as it creates a bad taste of getting the power when you don't need it vs having control of that power. E.G old special delivery proccing a load before an add phase on a boss and not proccing for the extra damage on the adds. It's even worse when that rng benefits mintigation. I'd like to offer an alternative p4 design to benefit the now lowered proc chance of the orbs while still offering power when we need it, similar to the other tank set bonuses. My idea is to have the orbs we spawn create an absorb shield = to a percentage of the total amount of healing the orbs do that are triggered by expel harm. That way it still keeps with the idea of the set bonus' easing off on that need to purify while removing the horrible rng element of the clenses. I've not been able to test out the strength of the changes since this game before the majority of the playerbase has been able to use the set bonus in NM/HC. but if it turns out that it's pretty solid then d/m but I feel that if the set bonus feels really bad and isn't all that great I think this idea would be fun to play with.Neukmonk1 17 Jun
17 Jun 60% chance this T20 nerf is outrageous So, I don't want to discuss the need to nerf the bonus specifically. It may well be too strong. However what is outrageous is the lack of testing that's going into this nerf. From 100 to 40% is a huge nerf and I dare say there's nowhere near enough data to justify such a change, given that it wasn't changed during the PTR phase. What's more, this change compounds the awkwardness of the ISB cap. I can't help but think Blizzard are blindly chopping at Brewmaster on this change after its still top tier. The ISB cap is acceptable with the old %. This new % is going to be awful with the ISB cap. I want to know what basis Blizzard have for this since no added data has been gathered since patch launch.Chuggerknøt1 17 Jun
17 Jun Vivify, Essence Font and Gift in Arena. How and when do you use these spells. For me it feels like behind-the-pillar options but is it worth casting Vivify on yourself to heal the others and perhaps save some mana with TFT? What about Gift in the same situation?Sodasquirter1 17 Jun
17 Jun WW is not dead Windwalker is not dead in mythic+s and it might even still be good in raiding. If you get removed from a raid spot, a pug etc etc its either because your not good at the spec or the people removing you are idiots. Windwalker is very good at on demand AOE, end of story. I realize that fists of fury did get kind of !@#$ed up but your not paying attention to what else is happening here. Blizzard are trying to buff WW single target damage, and they did that. Damage of most abilities were increased by 10%, which is awesome, we needed that. Your all paying attention to the fists of fury nerf, and your not even recognizing that our single target got buffed pretty well. We are still good at AOE and we are better at single target, please acknowledge that, because it is true.Gonrund3 17 Jun
16 Jun WW monk stats % Hello guys! I've got a question about stats for WW monk in 7.2.5. I'm not sure how many % for mastery max. should i have? I'm on 40% mastery atm, 35% crit and 9% haste (i'm focusing on single target fight). Should i take as much as possible mastery? Thanks for your feedback :)Negewedh1 16 Jun
16 Jun MW 7.2.5 So anyone else excited for our changes? Just been reading up on them, love the change to essence font and buffs to other abilities and the overall reduction of mana costXinwu4 16 Jun
16 Jun BrM Special Delivery or RJW? damage seems off... Since the whole reshuffle, I've been messing about with ST and AoE builds, and I kind of came across something that just felt so Meh to me I wondered if anybody else noticed this... So, Ignoring the poor old Ox, I know he's buffed but wanting to keep it between RJW and SD ok. Taking SD leaves that frustration of energy starvation so far down the rotation where you'r waiting for about 8 secs ish for Black Ox Brew to Refill feeling more clunky, and to top it off, the SD Kegs are flying all over, but not seeming to push some nice deeps anymore. (I know it was nerfed, but maybe too much?) Meanwhile RJW is added to the rotation, which now actually makes it all a bit smoother I have to admit, and believe it or not, there's no energy starvation, the rotation fits, but the mind-bender... I do more ST damage.... using an AoE build on a ST! The SD Single Target build I use gear with decent haste on it, about 18-20% (High I know, but I have experimented and it was niche for me personally) the AoE one, I'm using about 12% haste, never out of energy, and I just don't get it - I'm doing more deeps than SD build on a Single Target using RJW! I have also tried using the same gear sets etc on both rotation builds too, just to test it, same results with both gear sets. I know "tuning is needed" etc etc etc but this seems way off the mark, not to actually mention, I reckon I'm about 60-90k down on deeps from previous patch... Can anyone relate?! or is it just post patch trauma setting in?!Vortéks4 16 Jun
16 Jun Tigereye Brew - exact numbers? Need some info on this, the spell tooltip says one... the aura active says another. Tooltip - "Damage of your strikes are reduces, but bypass armor." Aura active - "All your attacks deal nature damage" Need some info blizzard... it's like stupid to have no insight on the spell. What I tested: I believe the damage is reduced by 20% (tried to test it but it variates) and since the armor reduction is different for each class due to different armor percent numbers.Sveh7 16 Jun
15 Jun Massive WW PvP Buffs (June 13 Hotfixes) Windwalker Template Versatility increased from 100% to 120%. Template Haste increased from 175% to 200%. Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755726564 gg back to being broken againTomtànks5 15 Jun
15 Jun Tigereye Brew is back! http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/247483-tigereye-brew#24163-24218 Thoughts?Rake17 15 Jun
14 Jun PVP - MW in 7.2.5 Hey folks!! I'm looking into picking up my MW Monk as I like to switch between 2 healing classes. I play PVP almost exclusively, and I was wondering what you guys think about MW in 7.2.5? Personally I do think there is a lot of potential. Curious to hear. Thanks palsHugebubble2 14 Jun