Monk

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
2d Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx331 2d
5d [Guide] Windwalker PvE - 7.1.5! Guide Windwalker 7.1 Legion PvE First of all, this guide is primarily made for raiding. Talent and Legendary choices can vary depending on your activity (raiding, pvping mythic+ , etc) 1) General information about the Windwalker 2) Stats 3) Talents 4) Artifact Weapon 5) Builds 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns 6) Playstyle 7) Defensive Cooldowns 8) Legendaries 9) Addons 10) Consumeables and Item Enhancements 10.1) Gems 10.2) Enchants 10.3) Potions 10.4) Food 10.5) Flasks 1) General information The Windwalker Monk is an Energy and Chi based highly mobile melee, that has incredible abilities to do high burst in both type of encounters : Singletarget and AoE! Cooldown and Energy management is deciding your „skill“ level. 2) Stats Agility>Mastery(40%)>Critical Strike>Versatility>Haste After 40% Mastery crit is as good as Mastery 3) Talents 15: Chi Wave: (40yd range, 15s cd) does a decent amount of damage but most important about this choice is that it does reset HIT COMBO (90 Talent) 30: Tiger’s Lust: (20yd range, 30s cd) increases a friendly target’s movement speed by 70% for 6s and removes all roots and snares. I really like this choice since you can remove some damaging debuffs with it but any choice here is fine since ist personal preferance! 45: Energizing Elixir: (1min cd) instantly refilling all of your Energy and Chi 60: Leg Sweep: (45s cd) stuns all enemies in a 5yd circle around you for 5s 75: Healing Elixir: (30s recharge, 2charges) heals you for 15% of your maximum health, triggers automatically if you drop below 35% health Also a preference choice depending on the encounter but overall this is probably the best choice since it is always usefull. 75: Dampen Harm (1.5m CD) Reduces damage taken by 20%-50% for 10s. Depending on incoming attack. 90: Hit Combo: (passive) each sucessive strike, that triggers your mastery in a row grants 2% increased damage for 8s, stacking up to 8 times (16% dmg increase) 90: RJW: (1Chi, AoE) : Does AoE damage over time, applies Spinning Crane Kick stacks to 4targets hit 90: Xuen (3min cd) Summons Xuen which does high damage to up to 3 targets at once, lasts 45s 100:Whirling Dragon Punch (Same CD as FoF) Does good AoE and ST damage, can only be used when RSK and FoF are on cooldown 4) Artifact Weapon You want to skill your weapon counter-clockwise since it offers the best minor traits. When you hit the 3rd golden trait (Crosswinds) you can get Good Karma which helps alot with your defense in every situation since it buffs your Touch of Karma. Traits in relics: #1 Fists oft he Wind (5% Fists of Fury damage) #2 Rising Winds (5% Rising Sun Kick damage) / Power of a Thousand Cranes (3% Spinning Crane Kick damage, for AoE) Fist damage is only better for cleave fights compared to RSK, but i would still stick with alteast 2 FoF relics and maybe 1 RSK relic in your weapon. 5) Builds At the moment there is 1 viable build which are Storm, Earth, and Fire : high burst AoE, high singletarget , but offers really good sustained AoE 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns Serenity or Storm, Earth, and Fire (both 1.5min cd, you want to use SeF on pull, and to every ToD) Touch of Death( 2min cd, also on cd) 6) Playstyle First rule : never use an ability twice in succession since you will lose the damage increase of your mastery AND drop Hit Combo which is an even bigger damage loss! Opener with Serenity : Fyling Serpent Kick (prefight)-> Chi Wave (on pull)-> Tiger Palm-> Touch of Death + Serenity(wait for the GCD before using Sernity!) -> Rising Sun Kick -> Fists of Fury -> Rising Sun Kick -> Spinning Crane Kick ->Strike of the Windlord -> Spinning Crane Kick -> Rising Sun KickWajoba33 5d
03 Feb [Guide] Brewmaster - Get rolling with the Brews Introduction I decided to make this guide to help those who want to play Brewmaster in legion and bring more clarity to the spec. What will this guide include? -A quick understanding how abilities synergize and how they function. -How to appropriately gear up your Brewmaster so you don't feel like a wet sponge. - Make you understand how each stat benefits the BrM so you can build around it to suit your play-style. -Bring you closer to enlightenment to how amazing and complex this spec is. Abilities and Core Mechanics Brewmaster is a leather wearing tank that specializes in dodging and delaying damage through a mechanic called Stagger. With the use of brews Brewmaster are able to delay more damage into stagger and get rid of a percentage of damage currently in stagger. With the use of of certain abilities Brewmasters are able to reduce the time needed for a brew to ready again. The Brews Our core abilities here are IronSkin Brew which delays a further 40% of damage taken into stagger and Purifying Brew that clears 50% of damage currently in stagger. These two abilities share charges with each other and is important to learn how to balance the use of these respective brews. Fortifying Brew gives you a buff for 15 sec, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, increasing the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 20%, and reducing all damage you take by 20% and is our major defensive ability on a 7 min CD Talented- Black Ox Brew: When used instantly refills your Energy, and restores your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges. It has a 90 second CD Abilities that shorten the CDs of your Brews Like any Drunk fighter trying get more brews, you obviously Keg Smash and Tiger Palm anything in your way for more delicious brews, YUM! Keg Smash dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Tiger Palm: Damages the target and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 1 sec. The section above named "The Brews" is all the cooldowns that are affected by Keg Smash and Tiger Palm. So with perfect play you could reduce the cooldown of Fortifying Brew down to 3.5 minutes which is half of its original time. This synergy between Keg Smash , Tiger Palm and Brews is the core mechanic of Brewmasters Core Passive Abilities Stagger: delaying 40% of Physical damage and turning it into stagger and taking that damage over the next 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at half effectiveness. This is mechanic is what the Brewmasters is built around and with the talent High tolerance we can increase from this from 40% to 50% Stagger. Our Mastery is: Elusive Brawler grants a stacking dodge chance increase each time you are hit by an attack until you dodge an attack, and also passively increase attack power. This is one of our best average physical damage reduction abilities and should not be ignored. Celestial Fortune: You have a chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed. This affects your healing and healing done onto you by a healer. This also works for Absorbs. Gift of the Ox: When you take damage equal to your maximum health , you summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for (750% of Attack power). Damage is this statement refers to damage taken before absorbs and stagger. ( DR reduces damage taken before absorbs/stagger i.e 100dmg, 20%DR =80 dmg which is used to calculated GotO) The ability Expel Harm collects all of your Healing Spheres, and damages the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Which is a nice ability if you don't want to move around to collect your healing spheres.Swifthorn96 03 Feb
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
45m Monk Cloud Jump its only fair to give monk a cloud when he jump in midair so he can double jump and save his self from falling dmg. i swear all my monk deaths is from falling dmg all classes have something to counter that except monks and as martial art he have more right to double jump than demon hunters triple jump. alright now i'm outMcfurious3 45m
1h MW Monks desperately need a second look Hey there all, This thread is mainly for visibility. I realize it may come off as cross-linking, but with all the Mage, DK and such threads about how "the world is ending my top tier class is somehow being nerfed!" I believe reminder posts of this sort are a necessity in order to direct attention to actual constructive feedback. With that out of the way, let's get to the meat of the topic - Mistweaver Monks really, really need a few more pairs of Dev eyes on them before 7.1.5 releases and it's too late to make big changes before Nighthold. First off - our lack of representation in top-tier raiding and our general status as "one of the last played specs" should already give you an idea that there may be a problem to address. But, I digress, maybe everyone just hates being Zen, drinking tea and the color green so is viability really the culprit? Well, since Sims are discouraged when it comes to presenting numbers, let's look at a log statistic instead: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#metric=hps&dataset=99&itemleveldisplay=scaled&timespan=1000&aggregate=amount As you can see, one of our leading issues is that we, much akin to Windwalkers, scale awfully with gear. Being a spec that absolutely hates Haste and Mastery (stats very prevalent on Raid gear and spec-specific legendaries) and instead completely relies on Versa/Crit for raid numbers should already send up some red flags and imply that the former are probably undertuned. We started out as about equal to other healers during EN, but, as time went on, our numbers have barely moved up while others have gained significant and meaningful increases from higher ilvls. And that's not the whole issue - even barring bad stat scaling - let's say that Versa/Crit isn't often found in Raids, so maybe we just don't have the gear, although most of us have ran hundreds of M+ to get it and the results are the same - our spec has multitudes of in-built flaws. I won't go into too much detail as one of the posts I linked below does that much better than I could, but here's a tl;dr: We have 0 raid utility - even our melee interrupt was pruned. Our Raid CD is laughably weak, a Golden Trait is REQUIRED to make it come close to even being recognized as a cooldown. Our Artifact Ability has 0 synergy with our spec or traits and is too restrictive to ever be useful - accumulate charges over 2 min, apply a 2 sec cast to increase its effect, cast another 2 sec cast and have 3 million healing go into overheal because everyone else doesn't rely on a 4 second cast time combo to pick up a target. Our mana costs are insanely high - Soothing Mist is the culprit here and, at this point, a lot of us are fine with it getting completely removed so that it can stop being used as an excuse for having inefficient spells. Having an abhorrently inefficient "fistweaving" talent as our only way of returning mana only further contributes to this issue. As someone said in another thread "at this mana cost, these spells should still be generating Chi". We have no real instant cast healing - this might come off as pretentious, but the problem is two-fold. Having no instants both means that: 1. we're close to (barring using a Thunder Focus Tea inefficiently) useless while moving, something that is odd for a class with this much mobility and 2. we can't pick-up/emergency heal a low % target - our best bet is doing the aforementioned 4 sec cast combo which requires buildup and is usually too slow We have very close to 0 choices when picking talents. Many specs share this problem, but not to the extent that we do. It's even more saddening when our actual popular talent choice usually isn't even strong - it just sucks the least. That's some of our issues in a nutshell - if you'd like to read some more detailed feedback regarding our problems, check here: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614541750?page=1 (for general issues) and here http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752235870 (for our bad stat scaling) (cont)Chàgataí148 1h
4h Brew help please! No I do not have a drinking problem. I have just begun NH progression on this character and crawling towards my 35/4set/ilevel but I having some issues with stagger on a few bosses in particular. So far the main culprit is botanist during p2. My stagger is building up so fast and I am looking for some answers in my play style. I usually use a combination of blackout combo and iron skin to build up a big stagger before purifying it off. Should I be using my charges instead to just keep clearing stagger instead of using iron skin? I bounce between yellow and red constantly and am struggling with brew cooldowns to clear in time. Thank youSombresong5 4h
5h Mistwalk Removed? Hey guys, Does anybody have any info on if Mistwalk has been removed? I was reading the US forums and came across a post (which didn't give much information) saying its not there in the PTR. Could this possibly just be an error on Blizzard's part? If it is getting removed then i'm done with my Monk and maybe even the game itself. It was the single most fun ability (in my opinion) and I loved it. To remove it is ridiculous! This isn't some sort of threat as 1 sub cancelled means nothing to an 11million player base, i'm just really frustrated and sick of these stupid extreme pvp nerfs that seem to happen every 2 weeks. Best regards,Jahaira1 5h
9h Possibly very dumb question regarding enchants So... Google hasn't really been any help with this, unfortunately. I have a question regarding enchants and off-specs. Here's the situation; since Legion launched I've raided on my Demon Hunter, playing both tank and DPS. I never really ran into this issue on her as both DH specs use the same agility enchant on their cloak, and the tank spec can get by with the DPS enchant on neck. All well and good. However, I have recently rerolled to raid with friends on Horde (My DH being Alliance). Their team needed DPS, and preferably with a healer off-spec as well. As I quite like both Windwalker and Mistweaver, I went and geared up this Monk here. But now I run into an issue that I didn't have to face before, that being enchants for different specs. My main spec is Windwalker, so I obviously want to use my best gear there. But then I wonder, how much of a stat loss are healing enchants for Mistweaver worth? Case in point, for my neck slot I currently have an 895 Stormcharged Choker and an 885 Zealous Timestone Pendant. As far as the item itself goes, both my specs are better off with the first. So should I heal with a DPS enchant on the better neck, or is it worth using the slightly worse item so I can use a healing enchant instead? I wonder the same about cloak enchants, though that's currently a non-issue as I only have one proper cloak available anyway.Tyrinne0 9h
10h New Brewmaster needs your help Hi guys, I have a few questions for my brewmaster monk since I really really want to reroll on it for progress raiding, so if you could help me that'll be great! So here it goes: 1) What are the recommended stats? Something like 30% mastery, 15-20% haste, 25% crit & 5% versatility? 2) Could you guys recommend me a lets say top 4 trinkets for BrM for progress raiding? And some situations for their usage? 3) Best legendaries? I just got the stagger ring :D. Should I pray for the waist now since it's a damn good combination or for the chest? Thank you!Sunsset8 10h
10h Monk Master Race All hail the monk master race!Microft4 10h
11h Sheath your Fist Weapons - WW Monk Dear Blizzard, I want to bring a "minor" issue, that isn't that minor at all. I'm talking about the Windwalker monk Fist Weapons. In an expansion, where the focal point are these Artifact weapons and they are your strongest link to the Story and Atmosphere ... having them hidden (in your pockets?) in the vast majority of time (when you are out of combat) is damn inappropriate and annoying! I understand the idea that some fist weapons you can hide in your pockets, but these are Artifacts with legendary power and this one especially infused with the power of the Wind lord .... How do you put these in your pockets exactly? You should sheath them on your belt, or at least on your back .... Please blizzard, don't bring such a big immersion breaker in your expansion that is the most focused on immersion ... Bump and thumb up fellow monks, to bring this to their attention!Tuskchi43 11h
13h new mistweaver so really enjoy playing this class, but sometimes in dungeons i cant keep the tank alive i mean i keeping renewing mist up, and enveloping mist and then effuse but tank still ends up dying is it my fault or is the tank taking to many mobs? im sick of getting moaned at when i feel im doing everything i can at this point in timeChojii4 13h
15h Rate The transmog above I wanna see some new Transmog :DXúén149 15h
1d GulDan - bonds of fel Can this ability, along with empowered bonds of gel, be completely negated by using transcendence to where you were before the knock back? I tanked this on normal last Week and used transcendence each time to see if I would take damage. I forgot to check my damage taken for the fight before I logged but at the time I didn't appear to be taking damage from it :/.Phooey0 1d
1d MW in PvP. Your favorite Transcendence plays! Hi! I love Transcendence. I think it's a very innovative take on healer mobility and even though some consider it underused by even higly-ranked monks (mostly in PvE), I still think of it as invaluable. I want to hear about your favorite Transcendence plays. Memorable plays, good places to transfer in arenas or BGs, strategy, all of it! My personal favorites are the WSG flag room roof, BS healing buff in house and ToK center pit > out of pit transfers. Hopefully we can share and learn some tricks :DVens7 1d
1d COF OVERNERF for WW monks Did you guys at blizzard do any REAL USE TESTING OF COF before making RIDICULOUS nerf of the proc for WW monks ?! Not retarded sims that does not take into consideration tons of stuff but real tests ?Ragebrew38 1d
1d "Green Mist" transmog for MW monk. Made this transmog from WoD pvp gear, some NH and EM gear. http://imgur.com/a/eq3Pv First one I'm proud of, so I thought I'd share :DVens3 1d
1d Brewmaster - Hidden Appearance feedback Im a brewmaster male pandaren, and just recived the hidden artifact looking. Anyone who have this or saw this thinks this fits really bad on male pandaren? I mean as idle, my panda holds the staff at the middle, making the keg almost in my body at the back, and it looks really stupid. If i start walking, its gone worse. The whole keg flinging to/in my body, cant even see it while moving. My advice is to make it bigger to make it further from my back OR shift it backwards in his hand as hold it a little at the bottom - this moves the keg a bit further at the back. Either way is good, but i think something should be made about it - i have concerns about the other keg lookings as well. Apart from classic looks, all will flinging in my body. Just saw a Tauren with the staff, omg their staff is soo big. EDIT: Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/X24BhkaHezw34 1d
1d Just a thought As most classes now have some pretty useful abilities in dungeons, whether it be a BL or a CR, why don't we give monks a CR? Here's my thought, since we have touch of death, why don't we get a "Touch of Life" ability where we poke our allies back to life, gimmicky i know but it would be hilarious.5 1d
1d Ancient Mistweaver Art talent not a baseline ability? Why is Ancient Mistweaver Art talent not a baseline ability? or at least a teir talent so every monk can chose to have it if they want. Why is that talent so far up the honor talent tree when it used to be the normal baseline ability. I hate the new gameplay of the monk, and the mistweavers used to be my favorite healers in pandaria and draenor. This 1 ability can change everything. Why not let us have it? The new mw is so boring. It used to be the most unique healer in the game.Micasim0 1d
2d Is it worth playing WW? Hello everyone, I've been considering rolling a monk and I really enjoy their playstyle so I was wondering how their performance is. Logs show that they have very high overall damage in raids but low-ish boss damage. I'd say this means strong aoe and weak single target. The question is, is it enough to be allowed into raids? Also, are they strong in mythic+ ? Most if not all of my gearing process is doing mythic+. It's my main end game activity and I sometimes step out of LFR to do some normal raiding. Up to heroic if I have the gear for it. Never mythic though. So considering this is the content that I do, would you recommend me a WW monk?Ulfrahn9 2d
2d Monk vs Paladin tank Hey there, I can't decide which of those 2 tanks I want to main. I like both of them gameplay wise but I really wonder how they do at higher level content. Mostly looking at m+ and not so much about raiding. Not in a guild right now but I might pug nm nh/hc en later. How are those two tanks in higher m+? (As I assume everything is fine for the lower lvls) How good can they handle stuff on their own, as in dungeons without a healer or staying alive when the healer died? How is their damage? Right now my monk feels like a paper tank, even in normal mythics, but that might get better with better gear?Blurberry5 2d
2d What could I improve? As the topic suggests I'd like to hear people bounce some ideas or suggestions on what I could potentially improve with my current gear or spec. I had intended this to be a support alt to cover guild tanking requirements, but find myself playing it more than I anticipated.Bruiseleaf3 2d
3d Windwalker Transmogification, why remove our options? In all expansions Monks where able to transmog Fistweapons into any weapon we could wear that fit the slot, like One handed Swords, Maces and Axes. For what reason was that feature removed in Legion? I really don't se any reason for it, just makes us less viable to play around with transmogs which for me is a huge deal since it came out. I do se the point if animations was a part of it, now when they are updated. But a quick fix should fix that?Nievah6 3d
3d Fu Zan animations stops once tmogged. The Brewmaster Artifact weapon has this "Hold Staff" Idle when standing or walk/running. But the animation stops working once you transmog it in to some other staff. Is this intentional? :(Sunáo3 3d
4d Black Ox Statue - Windwalker Why?.... is this even a talent for WW?Lovesheep3 4d
4d Serenity nerf in 7.1.5 Check out this post from the US forums: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752197915 Personally I find this very disheartening considering they haven't done anything to help our sustain damage.Girlrilla47 4d
4d How is monk at getting around? Lets say a raid like Firelands, loads of trash, open space. How quickly can a windwalker get from pack to pack? or get from Rhyolith to Beththilac?Vaardruna4 4d
5d Mistweaver solo Is it fun or a pain like my shaman healer? Since there is a lot soloing to be done, i am looking for a healer class thats actually fun to solo...Thundertoe6 5d
5d SEF images can be knocked up ? So i was doing an eye m+ and we got to last boss. Everything was cool until i woke the dog up by shouting "what the actual !@#$!" as i observed my images free falling back to earth after being knocked up in the air. I was under the impression they were immune to those kind of mechanics, is this meant to happen? if so bliz should change the tool tip to say "will, on occasion, do %^-* all." I'm not even salty, the whole things was actually quite funny.Euçlid0 5d
5d WW monk bis legendary's/Items Ok so, today i was lucky enough to get my 5th legendary on my monk wich is a dps legendary aswell. Main confusion is that askmrrobot bis items say's that bis legendary for a ww monk should be The emperor's Capacitor ( chest ) and katsuo's eclipse ( boots). But then again Drinking horn cover from what i know is the go legendary cause of the fix Storm, earth, and fire ability and it should be used with Katsuo's eclipse. I already got DHC and Katsuo's eclipse, and right now i was stupiditly lucky to get The emperor's capacitor... So in the end wich combination should i go for ? Emperator/Katsuo's ? Or DHC/Katsuo's ? And base on the items i have as ring, belt, neck, trinket... what options should i go for? Cause appearently Askmrrobot seems to be a lil bit to high for our bis items :DZangetssu4 5d
6d Help with WW dps in raids So, looks like my dps sucks in raids, and i'm wondering if someone can help me find the problem, cause i've been kicked out of raid 3 times already cause of low dps. Total raid dmg is not that bad, but single boss fight is 300k on best days. ilvl: 885 traits: 38 crit:30 haste:20 mastery: 35 versatility: 6 I understand that my trait lvl is low and versatility (by icy veins guide), but items with haste wont stop dropping... By watching videos and reading guides, i'm assuming that my rotation is ok. Any advice would be helpful.Walkingkeg3 6d
6d FIX MONKS MISTWEAVERS 4 Things need to change for monks pve. -MANA CONSUMPTION DECREASE (They could place a mana regen boost at haste stats for example- like the energy regen of the other 2 specs ww and bm[or just decrease the mana cost of the spells.) -MASTERY REWORK : Mastery is kinda useless right now and it is better used with haste because u need to spam spells in order to heal more with gust of mists, which leads to mana starvation because of the high mana consumption of the spells. (They could simple make all spells having benefit from ''gust of mists'', instead of only 4 spells, or simply make a completely new mastery like - ''gain percentage of the heal with mastery as mana'' or ''every-time monk cast a spell one of the other spells gains an extra boost in healing'' or ''giving a shield to the primary target every time you cast a spell [stacking up to 4-5 times]'' or ''for fistweaving every time you deal damage the group is healed or gains a shield or removed the cool-downs of some of the heals''. There are so many things they could do but they just do NOT. -SPELLS BOOST/REWORK: BOOSTING: I'm not saying that they should buff all spells at the same time but they should do some of them(just some thoughts). _ ''Soothing mist'' should be like 200-300% more healing not 75% as it is now. _''Vivify'' also 75-100% more heal. _''Enveloping mist'' is fine as it is or they could give it an extra 10-20% boost on its passive (which gives 40% healing to other healing spells). _''Effuse'' 100-300% more healing _''Sheilun's Gift'' instant cast. _''Renewing mist'' 100% spread to 1-2 more injured allies. _''Essence Font'' 100-200% more healing or gives passively increase to other healing spells by 3-10% OR decrease it's mana consumption from 90.000 to 30.000. (it's not like it is healing anything) _''Revival'' cool-down reduction or increasing the hp/armor or magic-resistance by 3-7% (one of the three) REWORK: _''Soothing mist'' healing 3-5 members instead of 1. _''Renewing mist'' 100% spread to 1-2 more injured allies or give a small shield to prime target. _''Vivify'' when cast applies renewing mist to allies healed or small shield. -TALENTS REWORK: _''Summon Jade Serpent Statue'' should heal the same amount with soothing mist. _''Mana tea'' should give -no mana cost to all healing spells for 10 seconds- instead of 50% of spell mana cost for 10 seconds. (They could make a new talent as well). I do not understand why monks have to struggle to heal their dungeon or raid group. We are always the first to run out of mana and if we are careful not to run out of mana we will not heal as we should. BLIZZARD PLEASE STOP IGNORING US AND FIX!!! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?????? :DDreythus3 6d
6d 7.1.5 PTR MW Monk Feedback Hey all, hope everyone is well. Just wanted to start a discussion on MW Monks on the 7.1.5 PTR. As a whole, Monks are the least played class in the game and I feel because of this we entered Legion with Blizzard having very little feedback from the original alpha/beta solely because there weren't enough people playing our class. I'd like to start off by saying that I am actually overall happy with the way MW has turned out in Legion and I really enjoy playing my class, so please don't think the ideas I've mentioned are a form of me or the monk community in general trying to complain in any way, but mainly to bring into light the problems that have been echoed by many good players who just wish for our class to be on an even footing with the rest of the healers in game. I will be basing most of my feedback in regards to Mythic raiding and high end Mythic+ dungeons, because neither ourselves or any other healer class has any reason to complain about their character in Heroic content, it is simply too easy and no matter what talents you take and how sub-optimally you play , you can't fail. I'd like to point out that I am not asking for all of these aspects to be fixed, but even if 1 or 2 of the key points were looked into and improved upon, we would have a much better quality of life as healers. Firstly, the most important thing, our mana consumption. It is without a shadow of a doubt too high. This is a problem that is constantly being echoed by every MW I have spoken to, be it on these forums, discord, other forums and in podcast discussions. I am very happy that as healers in general (well, most of us) mana is now something we have to think about again. The WoD style of eternal mana, press what you want, when you want and never give a second thought to your resource was boring and as a long time healer in the game I genuinely always enjoy having to control my mana and balance my play around it, however for MW monks at the moment it is a joke. Sure, if the other healers we are competing against had the same issue as ourselves and the playing field was even, I wouldn't mind so much, but watching H.Paladins spam to their hearts content and laughing off that they never ever look at their mana bar, or seeing R.Shamans gain insane amounts of mana back through Resurgence it worries me that very little thought has been put into this process during the design of Legion. In a Mythic raid, for us to be able to compete with other healers, the vast majority of us are doing absolutely everything we can just to get a leg up in the form of always having either the DMF trinket or the Alchemy Trinket.Always taking mana tea(which helps a small amount but nowhere near enough). Always asking for a blessing from our paladins, and worst of all, absolutely NEEDING the use of Innervate and Symbol of hope. NEEDING 2/3 innervates a fight just to be able to compete with other healers is not fun gameplay. By Needing, I don't mean that we need the innervates just to be able to perform, but in order to perform to the same level as the other healers. If we want to push our healing, then yes, innervates become absolutely necessary. Our spells cost way too much for the return that they give. This is a huge problem among the MW community and the first thing all of us point to when it comes to discussing the weakness of our class. The other healers simply do not have this problem to the extent we do, that is not just my opinion either, but one echoed by other healers in my raid team and the raid teams of other guilds I've spoken to. The biggest culprit really is Soothing Mist. It is obvious that blizzard have balanced our mana around SM, however in a mythic raiding environment, it is absolutely useless. What we going to do, spend 5-10 secs channelling a TINY heal into our target instead of healing the raid that is in desperate need of healing? This never happens. In most Mythic fights, SM is around 1-2% of my total healing done, please just remove it, its not needed, it makes balancing our class harder for you and constricts us from ever getting anything good in the fear that we would be op just for having SM in our toolkit already. Its a boring mechanic, its not fun or engaging and does nothing to promote players who play our class to get better. Secondly I would like to talk about our ability to increase our healing for a short amount of time. As a MW monk, regardless of what you do, you are always healing for the same amount. There are no Paladin Wings, no tree form, no apotheosis, no Ascendence/Cloudburst totem/Heroism. We have no way of pushing out that extra amount of HPS in a short window to be able to stabilise the group when things get hairy. The best we can hope for is that the Alchemy Trinket or Heightened Senses proc at exactly the right time when they are needed to give us a short term intellect buff, but they are both items that are available to all healers.Aernoth47 6d
6d T20 Boni released http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6341-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23578 ... Can only speak for WW but the 4 set seems underwhelming. Should be the next 2 RSK, so that it always waves between RSK and FoF.Partial4 6d
6d Male draenai monks........... Never seen one, please post below so can amuse myself by looking at a space goat monk please :)Requiemx53 6d
6d Just a meh ninja legendary Got my third legendary yesterday from the daily cache - Unison Spaulders. Much quicker than getting my second one. Maybe raids bump the luck way higher or I got lucky with the dice. I was more surprised by the drop, that excited as I didn't recalled that name among "somewhat usable" MW legendaries. So now I have free 50% SM autocaster for topping players taking little damage. It seems better than Shelter of Rin which I'll try to replace with like a chest set piece from NH. Eye of Collidus will stay for now, big balls have some value, maybe forth legendary will be better ;) Petrichor, Prydaz or Velen pls... Aren't those yellow items supposed to be awesome and jaw breaking, rewarding to get? And there is a bug with Shelter of Rin. From my debugging and careful stacktrace analysis it's called Sheilun's Gift ;)Bigkeg2 6d
16 Feb WTF is wrong with MW As the title say, re posting this from MMO-CHAMPION, Credit to Avada Kedavra. I am a MW main, in a mythic prog guild. Now that that's out of the way here's my gripe. I am looking at just the top 100 parses for NH M and seeing how many monks are listed. Skorpyron: 0/100 Chronomatic Anomaly: 2/100 Trilliax: 0/100 Spellblade Aluriel: 3/100 Tichondrius: 4/100 Star Augur Etraeus: 0/13 Krosus: 0/100 High Botanist Tel'arn: 4/100 Grand Magistrix Elisande: 0/3 Gul'dan: no parses so of the available 716 parses for all of the mythic NH top 100 logs, 13 of them are monks. 13 of 716 parses how can this be if the running statement right now is "all healers are really quite balanced". Now this can partly be blamed on MW being the least played healing class and there aren't many parses for the later bosses yet, but there is a HUGE disparity here. Am I reading the numbers incorrectly? Am i crazy for thinking this is !@#$ed up?Hóv8 16 Feb
16 Feb Returning WW player, looking for advice. Heya, just leveled my old WW 1-2 weeks or so ago, and I'm still in the gearing process for him. Anyways, I'll get to the point, any specific trinkets I should look for? Just got a warforged CoF from the weekly cache and I've seen the other thread on the class forum about how CoF was overnerfed, but I'm not sure how much or if I should discard it all together. Also one last question, what are the stats cap? I know that I should be going for tons of mastery, any haste or crit cap? Thank you.Heizhu1 16 Feb
15 Feb Windwalker RBG's, how to make it work? Dear monk brethren, does anyone have some tips or experiences with playing as a WW in RBG's? I know that to get rating, it's easy to just spec Mistweaver and be invited into teams much higher than your current CR. I've been doing that, and even though I suck #ss as a mistweaver, I still manage to do fine up to 2.2k. But it's just very boring to me and I bet there are many others who, like me, would just like to play as a Windwalker. Even if that means playing at below 2k forgood. So let's ignore the fact that MW is better, we already know this. Instead, let's deal with the issues we'll face: - getting invited in decent RBG groups - being more usefull than the other 'meta' classes It is the second part that I'm most interrested in hearing from you guys. What would be our decisive role, how would we go about playing it, what do we do in teamfights, and how do we spec for it? Keep in mind, that people at this rating greatly overestimate the values of topping damage meters. As a raidleader I would be more interrested in our winrate and if a ww can bring down a healer which leads to the rest of our team being able to wipe the opposing team, I could care less about the ww's damage total. So taking an AoE spec isn't necessarily the best option for us (questionmark). I have the option of joining a RBG guild that casually play at around 1700-2100 mmr. If I can show them that we win more when we take me as a WW (and possibly a good targetcaller), I don't have to deal with the getting invited problem as much. But before I play the 'WW are viable, I will show you'-card, I'd like to hear from you and improve myself first. So, any tips?Omnignome5 15 Feb
15 Feb People underestimate Drape of Shame I often see people say that their 900 ilvl cloak is better than drape, or that their 2 or 4 set is better than drape. But sadly, drape alone is better than your 4 set or any other cloak in the game. The only cloak that's better than drape is a higher iLvl drape, or something like a 925 iLvl crit+vers cloak with leech. I wish I could use another cloak or some kind of set bonus but sadly I cannot. Drape>2/4setNesella8 15 Feb
15 Feb Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch Lets just talk about how bad this legendary is, it is completely useless on just about every single boss, no matter the raid, it'd be much better if it halved the cooldown on ToD or something similar enough. At the moment that and the ring is completely useless for the most part. if there are any other monks who feel the same could you come up with any ideas on how to resolve this legendaries issue.4 15 Feb
15 Feb Pls help our monk tank to stay in raid Ok so here’s the problem. We got an 880 monk tank and an 895 paladin. Our paly is able to spend a lot more time online, so she was able to get a lot of good stuff out of M+ dungeons. Our monk on the other hand can’t do that due to his job situation. Now, those 15 ilvl difference cause serious aggro issues. Tank swaps are failing, so our paly tank dies and sometimes we even wipe because of this. This is increasingly frustrating for our monk and he’s considering to step aside and leave for a better tank. But right now we don’t have a proper substitute, plus of course we don't want to lose him as a person. Our paly tried to only use auto hits, but this way her survivability goes down south. Her dps is consistantly 50-100% higher than our monk’s. Now I don’t have any clue of monk tanks (nor paladin tanks). But those dmg differences sound a bit high to me to only trace them back to 15 ilvl. I know 15 ilvl is uge, but maybe there’s something else going on?!? Our monk: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/destromath/Wendelin/simple Our paladin: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/destromath/Hallinior/simple Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nhvKraFmZ4JNjgCd Any comments and help appreciated (and may it boil down to "get better gear")Stampfy5 15 Feb
15 Feb WW - Windwalking passive not active in dungeons I've done about 15 HC's now. As it's difficult to track movementspeed nowadays I cannot tell if the buff works or not. This concerns me as it's the only reason we'll be a viable melee choice (especially with the legendary) Has anyone been able to test whether it works as intended or if it's actually disabled in dungeons / raids (or bugged)? In the outdoor world, the buff is on at all times, in dungeons the buff is non-existant. (Blizzard standard UI buff frames).Spooh1 15 Feb
15 Feb Stat weight Brewmastet Hey, I'm new to tanking with monk and i reallt like it alot. Now with he new gear system it harder to know with gear is better. Now i using spawn to see which gear is better. But there are so many spawn string (default from pawn, noxxic) but they all have diferent stat prio's Is there a way to set pawn to chose a better item but still keep. 22% haste 34% Mastery Keep in mind i don't have 22% haste and 34% mastery but i would love to. I hope someone can help to set me up with proper pawn set upArnø4 15 Feb
15 Feb Pairing the legendaries, BrM Hey all, I have the 2 legendary belts, the chest and the boots. Right now I am using the healing belt and the chest. My problem is that I don't feel that much healing from the belt even if I am in higher mythics with red stagger. In the recount it seems okay, but in practice...well Idk. But using the legendary chest+boots would give me almost twice more Fort Brews and we know what mode that gives us... GODMODE! The legendary chest is an obvious choice. To be honest I would pair it with the boots to get more 20% dmg mitigation and a lot of dodge. I just simply can't decide. Could you tell me your experiences, please? Also, if anyone has any idea whats the point in using the other belt (above 90% hp of mobs we deal more dmg and heal ourselves) I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advanced!Kharun2 15 Feb
14 Feb Jade serpent statue or invoke chi-ji Would you prefer Jade serpent statue or invoke chi-ji if you have this legendary http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/137073 I am really confused it is like buffing shooting mist.Shanyuann25 14 Feb
14 Feb WW/priest 2v2 I'm currently playing 2's with a friend and wanted to ask about burst/sustain. Typically I try to get 6+ stacks of Transfer the Power before popping SEF and bursting. If ToD is close to coming off CD (30 seconds or less) I will hold off, the same for Xuen, Leg Sweep and if TtP is at low stacks. Am I right to be holding back on bursting for hear CD's or should I be popping SEF pretty much on CD to keep pressure and only worrying about CD's when going for big kill with Xuen?Vidalia0 14 Feb