Monk

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Apr Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx407 21 Apr
19 Apr [Guide] Brewmaster - Get rolling with the Brews Introduction I decided to make this guide to help those who want to play Brewmaster in legion and bring more clarity to the spec. What will this guide include? -A quick understanding how abilities synergize and how they function. -How to appropriately gear up your Brewmaster so you don't feel like a wet sponge. - Make you understand how each stat benefits the BrM so you can build around it to suit your play-style. -Bring you closer to enlightenment to how amazing and complex this spec is. Abilities and Core Mechanics Brewmaster is a leather wearing tank that specializes in dodging and delaying damage through a mechanic called Stagger. With the use of brews Brewmaster are able to delay more damage into stagger and get rid of a percentage of damage currently in stagger. With the use of of certain abilities Brewmasters are able to reduce the time needed for a brew to ready again. The Brews Our core abilities here are IronSkin Brew which delays a further 40% of damage taken into stagger and Purifying Brew that clears 50% of damage currently in stagger. These two abilities share charges with each other and is important to learn how to balance the use of these respective brews. Fortifying Brew gives you a buff for 15 sec, increasing your current and maximum health by 20%, increasing the damage you delay with Stagger by an additional 20%, and reducing all damage you take by 20% and is our major defensive ability on a 7 min CD Talented- Black Ox Brew: When used instantly refills your Energy, and restores your Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges. It has a 90 second CD Abilities that shorten the CDs of your Brews Like any Drunk fighter trying get more brews, you obviously Keg Smash and Tiger Palm anything in your way for more delicious brews, YUM! Keg Smash dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 4 sec. Tiger Palm: Damages the target and reduces the remaining cooldown on your Brews by 1 sec. The section above named "The Brews" is all the cooldowns that are affected by Keg Smash and Tiger Palm. So with perfect play you could reduce the cooldown of Fortifying Brew down to 3.5 minutes which is half of its original time. This synergy between Keg Smash , Tiger Palm and Brews is the core mechanic of Brewmasters Core Passive Abilities Stagger: delaying 40% of Physical damage and turning it into stagger and taking that damage over the next 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at half effectiveness. This is mechanic is what the Brewmasters is built around and with the talent High tolerance we can increase from this from 40% to 50% Stagger. Our Mastery is: Elusive Brawler grants a stacking dodge chance increase each time you are hit by an attack until you dodge an attack, and also passively increase attack power. This is one of our best average physical damage reduction abilities and should not be ignored. Celestial Fortune: You have a chance equal to your critical strike chance to be healed for an additional 65% of the amount healed. This affects your healing and healing done onto you by a healer. This also works for Absorbs. Gift of the Ox: When you take damage equal to your maximum health , you summon a Healing Sphere visible only to you. Moving through this Healing Sphere heals you for (750% of Attack power). Damage is this statement refers to damage taken before absorbs and stagger. ( DR reduces damage taken before absorbs/stagger i.e 100dmg, 20%DR =80 dmg which is used to calculated GotO) The ability Expel Harm collects all of your Healing Spheres, and damages the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed. Which is a nice ability if you don't want to move around to collect your healing spheres.Swifthorn97 19 Apr
11 Mar [Guide] Windwalker PvE - 7.2.x Guide Windwalker 7.1 Legion PvE First of all, this basic guide is primarily made for raiding. Talent and Legendary choices can vary depending on your activity (raiding, pvping mythic+ , etc) If you want a more in-depth guide check out Walkingthewind.com ! 1) General information about the Windwalker 2) Stats 3) Talents 4) Artifact Weapon 5) Builds 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns 6) Playstyle 7) Defensive Cooldowns 8) Legendaries 9) Addons 10) Consumeables and Item Enhancements 10.1) Gems 10.2) Enchants 10.3) Potions 10.4) Food 10.5) Flasks 1) General information The Windwalker Monk is an Energy and Chi based highly mobile melee, that has incredible abilities to do high burst in both type of encounters : Singletarget and AoE! Cooldown and Energy management is deciding your „skill“ level. 2) Stats Agility>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility>Haste Agility is still alot better than any other stat so you will most likely go for most ilvl It is the best if you sim yout weights to be completely sure whats your best stat! 3) Talents 15: Chi Wave: (40yd range, 15s cd) does a decent amount of damage but most important about this choice is that it does reset HIT COMBO (90 Talent) 30: Tiger’s Lust: (20yd range, 30s cd) increases a friendly target’s movement speed by 70% for 6s and removes all roots and snares. I really like this choice since you can remove some damaging debuffs with it but any choice here is fine since ist personal preferance! 45: Energizing Elixir: (1min cd) instantly refilling all of your Energy and Chi 60: Leg Sweep: (45s cd) stuns all enemies in a 5yd circle around you for 5s 75: Healing Elixir: (30s recharge, 2charges) heals you for 15% of your maximum health, triggers automatically if you drop below 35% health Also a preference choice depending on the encounter but overall this is probably the best choice since it is always usefull. 75: Dampen Harm (1.5m CD) Reduces damage taken by 20%-50% for 10s. Depending on incoming attack. 90: Hit Combo: (passive) each sucessive strike, that triggers your mastery in a row grants 2% increased damage for 8s, stacking up to 8 times (16% dmg increase) 90: RJW: (1Chi, AoE) : Does AoE damage over time, applies Spinning Crane Kick stacks to 4targets hit 90: Xuen (3min cd) Summons Xuen which does high damage to up to 3 targets at once, lasts 45s 100:Whirling Dragon Punch (Same CD as FoF) Does good AoE and ST damage, can only be used when RSK and FoF are on cooldown 4) Artifact Weapon You want to skill your weapon counter-clockwise since it offers the best minor traits. When you hit the 3rd golden trait (Crosswinds) you can get Good Karma which helps alot with your defense in every situation since it buffs your Touch of Karma. With the new traits you want to get the new golden first, then FoF>RSK Traits in relics: #1 Fists oft he Wind (5% Fists of Fury damage) #2 Rising Winds (5% Rising Sun Kick damage) Fist damage is only better for cleave fights compared to RSK, but i would still stick with alteast 2 FoF relics and maybe 1 RSK relic in your weapon. 5) Builds At the moment there is 1 viable build which are Storm, Earth, and Fire : high burst AoE, high singletarget , but offers really good sustained AoE 5.1) Offensive Cooldowns Serenity or Storm, Earth, and Fire (both 1.5min cd, you want to use SeF on pull, and to every ToD) Touch of Death( 2min cd, also on cd) 6) Playstyle First rule : never use an ability twice in succession since you will lose the damage increase of your mastery AND drop Hit Combo which is an even bigger damage loss! Opener with Serenity : TP -> ToD -> Serenity + RSK -> SotWL -> FoF -> RSK -> SCK -> BoK (If it will fit in Serenity)Wajoba38 11 Mar
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
17h 7.2.5 Ww changes ____________________________________ Windwalker 7.2.5 PTR – April 13 http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/04/13/windwalkers-7-2-5-ptr-april-13/ Damage of most abilities increased by 5.5%. Rushing Jade Wind now applies Mark of the Crane to up to 2 (was 4) nearby targets. Spinning Crane Kick's Mark of the Crane's damage bonus per target reduced to 40% (was 50%) per target. Fists of Fury's range increased to 8 yards (was 5) and damage reduced by 20%. ____________________________________ EDIT: Windwalkers 7.2.5 PTR Build 23993 – April 26 http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/04/26/windwalkers-7-2-5-ptr-build-23993-april-26/ Windwalker Monk Effect #1 Apply Aura: Modifies Damage/Healing Done Value: 14% 19% Talents (4) Chi Burst Casting Chi Burst does not prevent avoiding attacks. Now available to all specs Hit Combo Each successive attack that triggers Combo Strikes in a row grants 2% increased damage, stacking up to 8 6 times. Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger Summons an effigy of Xuen, the White Tiger for 45 sec. Xuen attacks your primary target, and strikes 3 enemies within 10 yards every 1 sec with Tiger Lightning for (40% 30% of Attack power) Nature damage. Rushing Jade Wind Summons a whirling tornado around you, causing [(9) * (69% of Attack power) * 9)] damage over 6 sec to enemies within 8 yards. Applies Mark of the Crane to up to 2 nearby targets. BOLD INDICATES NEW VALUES ____________________________________Mystiskx44 17h
1d Utility legendary conspiracy? Today I got legendary boots and now I have every MW + Velen legendary. What are the odds that I didn't got Prydaz or Sephuz? Maybe Blizzard nerfed probabilities of utility legendary for some specs? And now I need a good replacement chest to use the boots. Maybe relinquished tokens. 895 from NL looses bit to much...Bigkeg1 1d
1d WW Ptr changes This seems to be quality of life changes, but that is not what we currently need. Overall on the ptr we loose about 10% of our aoe dps and recieve about 0.5% st buff. We need a change that help us actually be viable for raiding/arena. Can we use this thread to get some constructive feedback to Bliz from the EU community, because they seem to miss the mark every new PTR release. http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/04/26/windwalkers-7-2-5-ptr-build-23993-april-26/Snerken2 1d
1d What's this new follower? Seriously guys, I feel so disappointed with what we get after a chain of quests. There is no progression of events. I am not sure how the heck that Nathrezim possessed my brewer. I also had no idea I had a brewer lol. I have no idea why we went to MoP Brewery. I am not sure why that novice brewer accompanied with me. I have no idea why the spirit decided to end its existence. She was capable of brewing from the after life as well. And most important: why in the name of God, I have a new epic follower of a some random novice brewer? It was like a biggest f word, I have ever faced. We could just go out and ask one of Tiger Initiates "hey pal, wanna be my follower?". It would make more sense. Disappointment.Urthémiel9 1d
1d Handwraps Mog Feedback Hi I don't know if this is the right way to send feedback i'm not really familiar with writing at the forums, I'm a bit scarred to do it but here we go In 7.1.5 i could go to peak of serenity(past) to get the handwraps, even though i've completed the order hall intro quests. But 7.2 well i can't get them anymore since the peak is now destroyed for those who completed the intro quests. So i would like to ask, Could you bring them to Caydori brightstar at the order hall?. For she sells the Meditation Manual: Zen flight like master hwang used to.Quinglong6 1d
1d MW 2-Set Bonus? (2) Set: Renewing Mist has a 2% increased chance to increase the healing of your next Vivify. I just got this two piece set but equipping it lowers my overall ilvl. That paired with the set bonus seeming incredibly weak, I'm contemplating whether or not it's worth going for the raw stats instead. Thoughts? Is the set bonus stronger than it seems?Astora2 1d
1d MW in (lowlevel) dungeons Hello, i've been playing some MW lately and I think it is quite fun, but I feel like I'm not healing alot. I've healed alot of lowlevel dungeons with other classes before (shaman, druid) and with those classes I didn't have much problems with keeping people alive. But with monk I feel like there isn't alot of "burst" healing (like swiftmend for druids and serenity for holy priest), so it can be hard sometimes to save people from dying when they are low and Life cocoon is on cd. I haven't really checked all the spells and talents yet, is there a larger heal spell you get later on? I am worried that it will be even harder in higher levels. Or maybe MW is just hard in lower dungeons compared to other healers? Tips and help would be appreciated :)Ronni4 1d
1d MW Monks desperately need a second look Hey there all, This thread is mainly for visibility. I realize it may come off as cross-linking, but with all the Mage, DK and such threads about how "the world is ending my top tier class is somehow being nerfed!" I believe reminder posts of this sort are a necessity in order to direct attention to actual constructive feedback. With that out of the way, let's get to the meat of the topic - Mistweaver Monks really, really need a few more pairs of Dev eyes on them before 7.1.5 releases and it's too late to make big changes before Nighthold. First off - our lack of representation in top-tier raiding and our general status as "one of the last played specs" should already give you an idea that there may be a problem to address. But, I digress, maybe everyone just hates being Zen, drinking tea and the color green so is viability really the culprit? Well, since Sims are discouraged when it comes to presenting numbers, let's look at a log statistic instead: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#metric=hps&dataset=99&itemleveldisplay=scaled&timespan=1000&aggregate=amount As you can see, one of our leading issues is that we, much akin to Windwalkers, scale awfully with gear. Being a spec that absolutely hates Haste and Mastery (stats very prevalent on Raid gear and spec-specific legendaries) and instead completely relies on Versa/Crit for raid numbers should already send up some red flags and imply that the former are probably undertuned. We started out as about equal to other healers during EN, but, as time went on, our numbers have barely moved up while others have gained significant and meaningful increases from higher ilvls. And that's not the whole issue - even barring bad stat scaling - let's say that Versa/Crit isn't often found in Raids, so maybe we just don't have the gear, although most of us have ran hundreds of M+ to get it and the results are the same - our spec has multitudes of in-built flaws. I won't go into too much detail as one of the posts I linked below does that much better than I could, but here's a tl;dr: We have 0 raid utility - even our melee interrupt was pruned. Our Raid CD is laughably weak, a Golden Trait is REQUIRED to make it come close to even being recognized as a cooldown. Our Artifact Ability has 0 synergy with our spec or traits and is too restrictive to ever be useful - accumulate charges over 2 min, apply a 2 sec cast to increase its effect, cast another 2 sec cast and have 3 million healing go into overheal because everyone else doesn't rely on a 4 second cast time combo to pick up a target. Our mana costs are insanely high - Soothing Mist is the culprit here and, at this point, a lot of us are fine with it getting completely removed so that it can stop being used as an excuse for having inefficient spells. Having an abhorrently inefficient "fistweaving" talent as our only way of returning mana only further contributes to this issue. As someone said in another thread "at this mana cost, these spells should still be generating Chi". We have no real instant cast healing - this might come off as pretentious, but the problem is two-fold. Having no instants both means that: 1. we're close to (barring using a Thunder Focus Tea inefficiently) useless while moving, something that is odd for a class with this much mobility and 2. we can't pick-up/emergency heal a low % target - our best bet is doing the aforementioned 4 sec cast combo which requires buildup and is usually too slow We have very close to 0 choices when picking talents. Many specs share this problem, but not to the extent that we do. It's even more saddening when our actual popular talent choice usually isn't even strong - it just sucks the least. That's some of our issues in a nutshell - if you'd like to read some more detailed feedback regarding our problems, check here: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614541750?page=1 (for general issues) and here http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752235870 (for our bad stat scaling) (cont)Chàgataí175 1d
2d Rate The transmog above I wanna see some new Transmog :DXúén190 2d
2d Mistweaver monk artifact quest HELP! Is there some kinda trick to completing the quest I cannot do the last boss for the life of me everyone is too hard to heal, does anyone have any advice. Im really new to healing in general.Zenmooism11 2d
3d WW Least represented spec in COMPETITIVE pvp..? Blizzard maybe its time you look at the dire state of ww in COMPETITIVE pvp? Not a single rank1 windwalker last season and i cant even find a ww in the top 200 on EU 3v3 leaderboard???? please help us lololololCynthiaxo2 3d
3d YOU ARE BROKEN! Monks are broken! BROKEN as hell!!! Your class is OP!! Mobility, heal that can not be interrupt! Wtf is this ?? Stop playing this !@#$ty OP braindead class.... This is a 3v3 arena warrior against monk! Charge- Monk Teleport - Double time (charge again)- monk teleport- heroic leap- monk teleport. Im on full cd right now! Thx for op class...ooo and the UNINTERRUPTIBLE HEAL!! thats the Icing on the cake!! nice class... keep going.. create a monk, teleport, heal like an idiot cuz you cant be interrupted get 2k rating in 3 hours...Arkantoshero35 3d
3d MW in Rated BG's My main is a mist monk this expan, but I just want to know do you use AMA or SoM is rated bg's? I'm using AMA but the mana just goes so fast, even with the mana cost reduction they just gave it. Do you mw monks play with SoM or AMA in rbg's that's really all I need to know.Armedsuspect8 3d
3d WW monk casual pvp Are they any fun to play?Athelis7 3d
4d BrM 7.2.5 quick question I am casually playing BM and was wondering what is so wrong with current BM that it needs such quite an overhaul? Seems pretty OK for me.Zbir4 4d
4d WW dps? What dps in aoe and ST fights are you monks pulling? Fairly new to the class so have no idea what we're capable of, can't find any recent videos of WW monks on YouTubeVaalac1 4d
4d MW T19 bonus - Worth it in M+? Hi. I read some places that mastery and haste gains a lot of value in M+, because of urgency healing and the fact that you drink in between pulls. My question is if the T19 is worth it in M+, when you posses better gear that grants more haste and mastery. The vivify and EF bonus doesn't seem all that useful to me, when there's no ground clutter affixes like volcanic and/or sanguine. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!Vens2 4d
4d Best Monk Names I really like my name, Pikachu but just the u changed to i to make Pikachi ^_^ But I wanted to know what other monk names people have made or seen and what one you think is the best! ...and may the odds forever be in your favourPikachi491 4d
4d Brewmaster or windwalker Hi folks, just wanted insight what is easier to do world quests with out of these two specsVaalac4 4d
5d Are MW Monks underpowered now? So i decided to level up a new monk on a different faction after not playing them since the end of MoP, I have full looms and im unable to heal dungeon partys at lvl 50 yet on any other healer i have around this level i can breeze through any dungeons. Ive leveled up pretty much every healer before and i have never had this problem, Ive also noticed that my mana consumption is huge compared to other healers, So is this normal? Will it get stronger at endgame or are MW Monks garbage now?Zaryá8 5d
5d Thunderfist How much has it increased your DPS?Monkmode7 5d
5d MW monk streamer ? Anyone know good MW stream for pvp ?Anextinx1 5d
6d Windwalker pvp Its so sad that Windwalker are a myth in arena lately... as soon as its good specc holinka insta OVERNERF it and kills it totally, we need sef duration buffed to 20-25 sec and make spirits immune to cc and make them stick to the target. Just so the specc is viable in arena, doesnt have to be op... i bet that ww is the worst melee atmRezuzlol15 6d
6d Legion WW Monk Design https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wrgzpU6hvM I watched this video earlier and I think he brought up some good points. Do you guys agree or disagree with what he is saying? Thoughts?Mystiskx5 6d
6d Brewmaster solo tank May it be that the brewmaster is a terrible tank for soloing stuff or am I wrong? Compared to druid or paladin I'm getting hit like a truck when pulling more than 3 mobs. I know Monk is evening out damage, but is the overall mitigation not a little bit to low?Qizhongji6 6d
23 Apr Nightmare fond Just got this trinket. How good is it for windwalker? I tired it on dummy and didnt do much for me. Nightblooming frond i mean.Munkuga1 23 Apr
23 Apr the single biggest issue with WW PvP in Legion Update April 2017: if you don't want to read all of my post, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wrgzpU6hvM Update March 2017: ... here I explain why the current implementation of Storm, Earth, and Fire is very clunky to use in competitive PvP: the burst of WW Monks has always been about being unpredictable and most importantly about going off instantly. 99% of the time you want to burst on a single target in PvP. burst scenario 1: a basic burst setup looks like this: (time designations not 100% accurate, just approximate values) 0.00 seconds: you cast Storm, Earth, and Fire on the target 0.20 seconds: your Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits fly away from you and your target (to hit secondary/tertiary targets - just as the tooltip dictates) 0.30 seconds: you cast Storm, Earth, and Fire again to redirect your spirits on your current target 0.50 seconds: your Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits fly back to you and your target 0.60 seconds: your Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits start attacking the target you want them to attack and start copying the abilities you use. 0.60 seconds: you cast DamageAbility1 (e.g. Rising Sun Kick etc.) -> we have to be super cautious not to use our DamageAbility1 a split second too early, because if we do then said ability will deal only 45% damage to the target (only the spirit you control hits the target) instead of 135%. -> these timestamps also show that it takes WW Monks more than half a second to start their burst, which is not optimal and here is why: burst scenario 2: Fists of Fury getting Fists of Fury off stacked with your burst ability is crucial to winning Arena games as a WW Monk. bursting with Fists of Fury in WoD looked like this: 0.00 seconds: you cast Tigereye Brew 0.00 seconds: you cast Fists of Fury -> you wait for the perfect moment (e.g. have your DK grip the enemy healer to you) and then you cast Fists of Fury (enhanced with Tiger Eye Brew) INSTANTLY on your target (like this the enemy healer can’t get away and will get stunned by Fists of Fury too) -> it took a very good player to avoid this setup, because it is not possible for them to predict when exactly the WW Monk will use his burst/stuns bursting with Fists of Fury in Legion looks like this: 0.00 seconds: you cast Storm, Earth, and Fire on the target 0.20 seconds: 0.30 seconds: you cast Storm, Earth, and Fire again to redirect your spirits on your current target 0.50 seconds: 0.60 seconds: your Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits start attacking the target you want them to attack and start copying the abilities you use. 0.60 seconds: you cast Fists of Fury -> this means that the enemy team has 0.60 seconds to realise that the WW Monk is about to burst/stun (enough time to have the team spread out, enough time to pre-port the setup as Monk/Warlock, enough time to blink the stun as a Druid etc.) -> on top of that we run the risk of casting Fists of Fury too early (before the spirits reach the Monk's target and are ready to attack) which would result in FoF dealing 45% damage instead of 135% A possible fix would be: -> put Tigereye Brew back into the game (the Legion Alpha version): increases all damage dealt by 20%-30% for 15 seconds. 1.5 minutes cooldown, 2 charges. (no global cooldown) -> making Storm, Earth, and Fire not work on single target so that it is only viable in PvE/RBG when there are >2 enemies: Split into 3 elemental spirits for 15 sec, each spirit dealing 45% of normal damage and healing. 1.5 minutes cooldown, 2 charges. (no global cooldown) this would make for fun PvE gameplay: -> sometimes you would want to use only Storm, Earth, and Fire on additional enemies and then burst the boss with Tigereye Brew -> other times you would want to stack Tigereye Brew and Storm, Earth, and Fire because adds have to go down quickly and it would also preserve the fun and exciting PvP experience: -> unpredictable burst -> incredibly fluent and polished gameplay the WW Monk is known forFopsy78 23 Apr
23 Apr Another week Another week with 0 changes for WW pvp. lovely to see them buffing other speccs that are doing just fine compared to ww, but then again they either buff ww to the top or nerf it so its totally dead. now that warr are really good, ww and rogues are shadows in 3v3, rogue still better ofc since alot of cc and good dmg but yeaRezuzlol6 23 Apr
20 Apr Brewmaster help So i dinged this a week or so ago and ive been trying to tank some mythic plus for the easier group finding. My problem is i seem to take so muh damage it crazy compared to my other class that i tanked with (paladin). So one question is how should i use the purify/ironbrew most effective? Other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.Munkuga2 20 Apr
20 Apr BrM stat priority This has probably been asked a million times but I can't find a definitive answer. I'm completely confused which secondary stats I should be aiming for as brewmaster - everyone seems to have a different opinion. It was haste for faster brews but now I'm seeing most people going crit/mastery? Any thoughts?Jhengshi4 20 Apr
20 Apr Rate the Monk name & transmog above you Title.Kennshiro27 20 Apr
19 Apr 7.2.5 WW Monk tier set concern Dear Blizzard, İ have very big concern about Monk next tier dps downgrade such like RnG based set bonuses provides nothing but primary stat increase. Although its totally understanding sort out a class who powerful on aoe and cleave, but lack of Single target damage output. im talking about 7.2.5 Tier set and Fists of fury nerf i dont get any jigsaw pieces or futher data collection about that nerf reflect our Tier bonuses so its over %20. Please a bit pay attention for your forbidden class :) Tier 19 2p Rsk 3sec reduces 4p 2000 Mastery Tier 19 is very very solid when you compared to Tier20. Because our Most of our abilites based on Attack power even over 950-960 ilvl weapon with ToS Raid not gonna change our abilites as much as rest of world of warcraft classes. And Logic behind Tier 19 is as İlvl increase our dps is didnt increase much but 3 sec Rsk reduction and 2k mastery is balancing our way. Tier 20 set bonuses didnt based on our weapon ilvl + %20 fof nerf + bad stat weight , creating big massive blackhole hoarding our efforts and no feedback at all. Solid idea is put multiplied Versa + on our abilities. or some Rsk armor penetration old style Set bonuses on tier 20. <> Tier 20 2p Rsk increase next FoF %25 crit chance 4p Fof increase next RSK %50 Crit chance İmo set bonus activate every 23 sec its so fun based when we compared by another classes set bonuses. no comment. With my regards Blizzard :).Néska0 19 Apr
19 Apr WW Haste Hi, i'm kinda noob with sim and stat weights and DR but i got a question, everytime i sim my monk it always tells me that i need more haste, i fail the to understand why in STILL need more haste that i already have, it even tells me that haste>agi. I don't understand why haste is outweigh every other stat, yes it gives more ATS and SCS and ER but is that such a big dps power spike? or maybe im using some bad sim setting. These are my stats with no buffs: -Agility 27k -Crit 28% -Haste 19% -Mastery 27% -If its relevant for stat weights i don't raid only mythic+ Thank you.Zctra4 19 Apr
17 Apr Brutal Gladiator's Gear for Monks? I'm wondering if I can buy Brutal Gladiator's Gear as a monk. Death Knights can, but I don't remember how long it took untill Blizz added their gear to the vendors.Tôph9 17 Apr
17 Apr Serenity+ RSK bug ? ... After I cast this macro the foolowing thing happens -I enter serenity -I perform a RSK strike -The CD of RSK is not triggered at all In other words, I can use x2 RSK in a row, which feels akward. Is this a bug or am I missing anything ?Mikö2 17 Apr
16 Apr WW: Tiger Palm not granting Chi (Solved) Hi I'm casting TP and get no Chi. Casting it again breaks Hit Combo. Example here: http://imgur.com/m2Ya7Xr Happens quite often lately. Anybody else having this issue? CheersMexalen7 16 Apr
15 Apr Champion Armament npc location in Class Order Hall? Just unlocked flying on my hunter, decided to level some alts. Trying to order some upgrades for the champs... So I am searching for that NPC in class hall for the second day now and can't find it anywhere. Any hints?Undaur1 15 Apr
15 Apr Terrible clipping on new monk appearance http://imgur.com/a/2AsjP http://imgur.com/a/6sO1c So just unlocked new appearance (mage tower challenge) to find this. Also posted in general but I don't know if anything will be done, this kind of clipping is just too much in my opinion, stormfist kind of clips but this is meh...Vazuki8 15 Apr
14 Apr Transcendence macro? I am wondering if there is a way to make a 2 way macro? I want it to use "Transcendence" when it isen't active, but if it's already active, then I want it to cast "Transcendence: Transfer". Is this possible to do?Zún9 14 Apr
14 Apr Nope. Ptr patch notes for Brewmaster. Nope effing nope.Mutekki3 14 Apr
14 Apr Expel Harm - TellMeWhen Hi, is there a way to track Expel Harm through TMW? When I make it a spell cooldown it just shows at full opacity because it's technically not on CD even if I don't have any spheres. Is there a way to make it something like "50% opacity untill healing spheres are present"? CheersPugnatrix1 14 Apr
13 Apr WW hidden appearance salt Hi, is there someone else still without hidden artefact skin? Doing that !@#$ty boring scenario every 3 days since launch and I'm running out of patience. This is the kind of really messed up rng and it drives me crazy. Not to mention I don't have MW hidden either (drop from EN drakes) and even the %^-*ing fox mount from Suramar. /rant is overShadowan11 13 Apr
13 Apr brewmaster question about legs and talent Hi everyone ! I drop last night Lost abbey. Habitually, i play with blackout combo and high tolerance. But in view of the functioning of the ring, would it not be more interesting to play with Elusive Dance? I confess I did not really play with this talent, and I never really tested it. What do you think ?Minastera1 13 Apr
13 Apr Monk animations - bugged since 7.2? Hello, fellow monks! Since 7.2 hit, I've been seeing the strangest animation bugs on my monk. After using roll, for example, my character will briefly go into the normal unarmed combat stance before correcting himself. Similarly, after using blackout kick, he will be doing the ethereal animation..?! I didn't ask around a lot, but one of my guildies is having the same issue, so I don't imagine it's specific to me. However, I'm not sure if it's specific to undead male monks or just a monk problem in general. Did anyone else see this, or has it been addressed somewhere? Thanks!Valter2 13 Apr
13 Apr Windwalker in PvP 7.2 + trait 36 Thinking about maining this one for PvP. How is the damage looking now in arena with the increased stats and new traits?Terapeut7 13 Apr