Pet Battles

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
6h Blizzard, Please fix old Pet Battle Dailies? Please?! Dear Blizzard, I'm not sure if you've either forgotten about them, or its still on your list of "things to do", but could you PLEASE fix Draenor Pet Battle Daily Quests? What's wrong with them you ask? Well... you changed the Pet Battle reward currency, for BFA Pet Battles, for redemption vendors in BFA, and in the Garrison... but you DIDN'T change the currency rewards for the "Battle Pet Tamers:Warlords" Daily Quests!!! They all still award the OLD, now totally useless pet charms... As I found out yesterday, much to my annoyance! (I now have 20 of them thank you VERY much) So, would it be too much to ask for you to do a patch, or a Hot-Fix that would once and for all, change the old pet charms to the new pet charms??? You were able to easily do something similar with the different PvP currencies, and yet despite the Pet Battle currency having been changed before BFA was released, there are STILL quests that award the old ones! The only reason I did the dailies yesterday was I (mistakenly) figured the image for the currency hadn't been updated, but NOPE... Fix this please Blizzard? And swap the old currency we still have for the new one, I KNOW you can, because you've done it more than once before...Elmadar9 6h
17h Chitara broken battle pet boss ? Is this pet battle broken or am i doing something wrong here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA6O28iPtUU&feature=youtu.beSuruntuoja13 17h
21h Weekly quest from Legion and BFA Stack As stated in the title, dont know if it works. But i got 2 quests in my log with the name The Very Best, both rewarding the epic battle stone. Might be interesting for some people unaware of this.Sparkles2 21h
1d delete .Лерц0 1d
1d How to cage and sell pets Well I tried to look it up on google or on this forum, but for some reason I just can not find how, where and when to cage a pet to sell it on the AH. I've got a couple of good rare high level pets that I have two of and some I would like to sell. Can someone explain to me how I can do this and what the restrictions are? Thanks in advance.Bewtz16 1d
3d WTS Rocket Chicken I want to sell this awesome pet: https://www.wowhead.com/item=34492/rocket-chicken On my realm, it is set for 828k on the AH by two others, so I undercut by 1 copper. But I am willing to lower the price for the right offer. Feel free to let me know if you have that :) Have a good one.Zorgoz1 3d
4d PvP pet tournament (Eu+Ru) Good news, everyone! Next Sunday we are planning to have a pvp pet battle tournament on Silvermoon Eu at 6pm cet. Some familiar faces you might see there are: Rosqo, reigning eu champion: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC1ZB6nezHiHfvxd4BJrlA CloseToZero, august eu champion: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVenMggoRPaoMuP6zHLlSmw Silly, Wootzy and me (Spinning). We also might have three more players with cyrillic names =) Format: All wild caught pets. Race to two wins. No more than one of the same family on the team. At least three teams to participate. To decide who goes first we /roll. Emperor crab p/p breed is banned. Other breeds and other crabs are allowed. Everyone who wants to join, feel free to post a response here or contact me in game. P.S This topic is a duplicate of the one I posted on a russian battle net. I got a blue response there! https://eu.battle.net/forums/ru/wow/topic/17616981929Спиннинг29 4d
5d Falcosaur troubles in bfa. So, I've contacted numorous gms about this and made bug reports, still nothing happening. The problem is that I had forgotten about my last Falcosaur, Direbeak hatchling to be precise, and thought i might just finish it up in legion since Im on one of the last quests, The Direbeak team rumble. Here's the problem. The quest doesnt give me any progress in legion pet wqs. And before people start ranting, yes Im doing it correctly. Direbeak in first spot and always deals damage and survives. Since the pet wqs got removed from legion and the bfa doesnt progress, I feel this should be fixed asap since other players on it might just give up after a couple tries and neglect the whole chain.Leg8 5d
6d Need help assembling a team for World Quests Hey guys, I have never played pet battles before, I don't even have a single lvl 25 pet. I want to get pathfinder asap and maybe use pet battles to make some side cash so I'm mainly looking at WQ pet battles and maybe some other lucrative pve (if you have any suggestions). PvP is not something I want to do. I already bought Anubisath Idol. Can you look through my collection and tell me just a few very basic team comps that I can start levelling right now? Maybe add a few battle pets that I could get easily today. I just want to start doing the World Quests as soon as possible. ThanksPresscorpse14 6d
14 Sep All island expedition pets should be cageable So I was wondering why certain island expedition pets are not cageable? The reality is that most of the people who will get them wouldn’t mind selling them, and many pet collectors, that are not as lucky, would not mind buying them. Yes, you don’t earn points towards the achievement by buying them, but some of us just want to have them in our collections. Cheers, Spinning.Спиннинг5 14 Sep
14 Sep How active is the PvP Pet Battle scene at the moment? Just asking, as I'm making a choice between just doing Draenor Pet Brawler & Legendary Pet battler or doing those pair along with 1k PvP wins & 1k PvP wins with 25 pets. I can do the 739 wins I need for the Garrison monument in a day, but if the queue times are bad with BfA being relatively fresh, doing 739 wins through PvP might take forever. PS: If you're the guy/girl trying to do Undead Family Brawler & I changed my team to double bunny, I apologise <3Subbie2 14 Sep
13 Sep A good Magic pet? Just got a Flawless stone and not come across many magic pets. Can anyone reccomend a good one for me to go and find. I can then upgrade if needed. Ty.Kashagi13 13 Sep
12 Sep How to find my quest for fighting battle masters again? Dear readers, Returning player here, I was working on the achievement: Taming Kalimdor, back in the level 90 expansion, I returned but I can't seem to get this quest again I tried with the pet master in Ogrimmar. I have completed the follwing of the achievement (Taming Kalimdor): Zunta, Dagra, Analynn, Zonya and Merda. Hope anyone knows how to pick it up again!Ezodan1 12 Sep
11 Sep Petition: Battle Pet Ladder! Yes, it would be an awesome idea for people like myself and many other who wants to get competitive about this awesome feature. Please comment down if you agree with a ladder for Battle Pets.ßløødbáth8 11 Sep
08 Sep Pet Battle World Quests not Spawning I have been doing Pet Battle World Quests since day 2 or 3 & some of the Pet Battles have yet to spawn. The following battles have yet to spawn for me. What's the Buzz? Unbreakable. What Do You Mean, Mind Controlling Plants You've Never Seen Jammer Upset Small Beginnings. I have done all of the others at least 2 or 3 times & yet these refuse to spawn. Are they locked behind something I'm missing?Aylmeric5 08 Sep
08 Sep Have anyone found the Miimii pet in King's rest? Comes from the achievement how to keep a mummy. Anyone figured out how to do it?Greezle2 08 Sep
06 Sep Struggling with (mostly non-BfA) pet trading Does anyone else have a problem with selling their pets these times? I've been trading pets on 4 realms. On the AHs, I see the same 3-5 people undercutting each other over and over, with the exception of Silvermoon, because it's high-pop. Trying to disrupt their fun risks in breaking the market. Trade chat responds with silence more often than not. The only exception was Darkmoon Rabbit. I guess the fame matters. My prices vary. Some are too high perhaps, but most of them are pretty low. I'd tell more but I'm trying to ditch my habit of sticking to particular values because I am aware not all buyers are actual collectors. I want to maintain a ratio between specific realms (e.g. 250%) though, and in these cases I use Magpie.Remte1 06 Sep
04 Sep Karazhan - Arcane Eyes So... The Arcane Eyes around Karazhan, did they get removed? Or am I just supremely unlucky atm?Anora2 04 Sep
04 Sep Leveling pets Does anyone know the fastest way to level battle pets from scratch in BfA?Midgetboi5 04 Sep
04 Sep Boon of the Zookeper - in BfA? Hi. As the title goes, does the Boon of the Zookeeper https://www.wowhead.com/item=144346/boon-of-the-zookeeper Work in BfA content? Is it still active in Legion content? I need to lvl my pets to 25 asap and I heard this thing is very good.Kaboose7 04 Sep
03 Sep Where to start? Returning player. I want to start with pet battles, but I have no idea where to start - Where can I find a cool starting pet? - How can I quickly level them? - How to deal with oneshooting wild pets before capturing them? Thanks!Blackl0A74AA2 03 Sep
02 Sep "You are already in queue for a pet battle" i sometimes get this crap and i cant get in a new pet battle. sometimes relogging helps, othertimes it dont. then i relog and i can see that im still queued, despite the fact i said i wanted to leave queue. i want to kill myself when small bugs like these arrive.Peonmaster5 02 Sep
01 Sep Baa'l Bugged So someone summoned Uunna for me so Baa'l was weakend. I defeated him no problem and it said i got Baa'l the darksign. Though in my pet journal it tells me i don't have Baa'l? What is up with that?Taurenbuddy1 01 Sep
01 Sep Kindleweb Spiderling - rare pet WTS Kindleweb Spiderling EU Ravencrest - Alliance Add me if interested - > Moonpristess#2210 Cheers.Moonpristess0 01 Sep
01 Sep Show Enemy Pets / abilities Hi all, I have Rematch / BattlePet Breed ID / PetTracker installed. Before 8.0 I used to get a preview of the target's pets in the Interface window, showing the abilities and the pets. This is now gone and I can't seem to restore it. The only way I can see the target's pets is to start a battle, which is a bit inconvenient. Is this the new reality, or what's going on?Woods4 01 Sep
01 Sep Baa'l help Hi guys, I'm trying to get the waist of time transmog, and to do so I need Baa'l. I've done all the pebbles and I am with him in the lava but I don't have uuna to defeat him. Does anyone have a spare 5 minutes to help me who has uuna and has her lvl'd up? I'd appreciate it so much. I'm on silvermoon EU Alliance. Thank you. Got it, thanks anyway.Nerdora0 01 Sep
31 Aug WTS Gusting Grimoire - SOLD WTS Gusting Grimoire on Silvermoon realm for 100k, it is on AH currently with the other cheapest one after this being listed for 160k. My character on that realm is named Yogen. Not sure if this is the right place to open a thread for it but I hope it won't disturb anyone. https://www.wowhead.com/item=93669/gusting-grimoire It's sold, thanx!Cherows0 31 Aug
31 Aug No doll in Uuna's house I followed every step,did the emotes, went with her in shattrah and ashenvale, yet when we got to her home there was no doll for her to pick up.Any ideas?Avidan2 31 Aug
31 Aug Has feasel botched this pet lanch So we all know that this pet release has been one of the worst to date. Broken abilities, quests, pet battle stats, old charms from pvp at the start of the expansion. This is only upped up with the existing bugs jar of smelly liquid,twilight meteorite, flurry, multi hit kills affecting Haunt, jar of smelly liquid, consume corpse, hermit crab/ bog hopper and splash aoe and many many that I’d assume they’ve been made aware of after the volume of reports. I’d like feasel to personally admit these aren’t working correctly and provide a respond for the timescale to fix these issues as it is the game he is responsible for. Currently it looks like they asked a 10 yea old to make changes. Once changes are made I know it’s a taboo word for Jeremy and his team but perhaps test the abilities aswell wouldn’t that be sensible for once? It’s call quality control I’ve youve never heard of it before. Maybe Feasel has taken Pet Battles as far as his ability allows him and would a change to a more adept person to come in to move pet battles forward instead of Feaseel running then into the ground.Rosqo0 31 Aug
30 Aug WTS Sand Scarab TCG, trade on EU realms Hello, im selling this pet lvl 6 :DSpeedhack0 30 Aug
30 Aug Kindleweb spiderling Kindleweb Spiderling for sale EU silvermoon alliance phased#2470Odén0 30 Aug
30 Aug Glutted Bleeder. Blizz please fix this! The pet Glutted Bleeder has a Burst ability making it extremely annoying to capture. Finally found one with the breed I want and it bloody exploded. It is completely stupid to allow wild pets to have explode abilites. How are we supposed to capture the correct breed when we finally find it and it goes boom?Edgelorder5 30 Aug
29 Aug Alternative dragon team for Pilfer. Beating this one is considered a toughie for Dragons. Here's an alternative strat I've devised that I've not seen listed anywhere else. (Primarily because I don't have the relavant breed pets that are supposed to do this one. and also because I cba buying them and levelling them up) Rare Golden Hatchling (over 263 speed) Timeless Bronze Drake Chrominius Hatchling in: :Lift off, Call Lightning, Breath, Breath, Breath (Hatchling Dies) Drake in: Time Stop, Breath, Devastate, Breath, Breath, Breath, Time Stop, Breath, Devastate (Drake dead) Chrominius in: (Pilfer should have less health than the tooltip of Surge of power) Howl, Surge of Power. Pilfer dead. (Worked for me 1st go).Lswindrunner0 29 Aug
29 Aug Anyone know how many Polished Pet Charms... You need for every pet in BfA?Subbie7 29 Aug
28 Aug Concerning Shiny Pet Charms tl;dr Suggestion: Give GM:s authority to offer a one-time visit per account to the old Shiny Pet Charms vendor selling Ultimate Battle-Training Stones as if you visited the vendor before 8.0. ... I have a tradition of catching up on archaeology, quests, secrets explorations and all other time consuming achievements during the end of an expansion. One of these categories of achievements are the pet battle ones. I don't like to level pets. Instead I opted to farm those Shiny Pet Charms which can be used to buy Ultimate Battle-Training stones. For the past year I have done all the pet battle garrison missions every day on 12 characters. I have had the battle pet shoulder enchant on all of them. In total I had over 4500 charms in my bags the day before the pre-expansion patch. That is AFTER buying all the current pets and toys available. During Draenor and at the start of Legion I used my Shiny Pet Charms as soon as I earned them. But I learned that it was wise to hold on to them as new pets and toys were introduced regularly with new patches and expansions. Last week I found out that Shiny Pet Charms can no longer be used to buy Ultimate Battle-Training Stones! I opened a ticket in hopes of getting a one-time trade where I could exchange my charms for training stones, as if I had the information before the pre-expansion patch. The GM wouldn't help me and instead encouraged me to fight this elsewhere... I have farmed Shiny Pet Charms HARD for the sole purpose of not having to level battle pets manually. I only held on to the charms until now because the game has TAUGHT ME THAT I SHOULD! It's not like I didn't try to inform myself. I read an article on wowhead.com (http://www.wowhead.com/what-to-do-before-battle-for-azeroth) and I watched a handful of videos on what to do before the pre-patch arrived. NO ONE mentioned this change. Only on dedicated pet battle sites was this information readily presented. I don't do pet battles that often. I only do them for the achievements, hence I don't visit those sites regularly This whole situation is like having a job for a year, and suddenly you don't get any payment what-so-ever, and no means of appeal, because you missed a meeting no one told you about where information was given about a policy change that require you to hand in your working hours report BEFORE the end of the month, which you never have needed to do before in all the years working there. On the contrary, the administrators has specifically said to you that they prefer to get the reports after the end of the month so they don't have to do any changes in-case you get sick on any of the last days. In fairness, there should be a gracing mechanic for people in my situation. To any employee working with the support of World of Warcraft that has any authority in this matter: Please, please, please, please!!! I have lost hundreds of hours of progression in a single stroke that I don't know how I could have prevented. I DID try to inform myself on important changes. Please give the GM:s a policy where they can help people in my situation through a ticket were they can offer a one-time exchange per account as if you visited the vendor before 8.0!Urzula47 28 Aug
28 Aug We should be able to upgrade Legion pets Creating a new currency for upgrading new pets is perfectly fine. But we should be able to upgrade old pets with the old currency. There was no in-game warning about making existing pet charms worthless and no reason to suspect that Legion vendors would stop selling Legion stuff for Legion currency.Esmaralda2 28 Aug
27 Aug Pets should be within 1 level of each other (PVP) i dunno how they make up the match making, but i find it stupid, that as an example, a level 7,6 and 6 pet setup, can be in a fight versus a level 5, 5 and a 6. those who are level 5, will NEVER win versus the level 7. and those level 6, will MOST LIKELY never win against the level 7 either. so if the level 7 starts out and just keeps itself alive, that thing alone will win the game. thats stupid. id rather never get a match than be matched with a guy im 99% wont win against, because there are 2 level difference. and let met not even get started on those that keep one pet lower leveled on his own team, so he can purposefully get another pet higher level in the same ranking. its stupid, because that high level'ed pet is always one that can sustain itself. it wont die.Peonmaster7 27 Aug
27 Aug Enchanted Tiki Mask Missing? I have checked multiple sites involving a pet named: Enchanted Tiki Mask. The source seems to be from enchanting, but i see no pattern that i can learn to create this pet. Not sure if it is a secret pet, or, have not been implemented into the game yet.Mencks1 27 Aug
27 Aug Returning player pet level around 15 where to go? Hi there, Just returned to the game and I have several battle pets around level 14-16. I would like to know a good place to go to capture 3 battle pets that I can use to level one all the way up to 25 since I'm pretty sure my current battle pets are abolutely trash I'm in the Horde as my picture suggests. I have watched a few guides and they suggest capuring and leveling the crabs but since I'm already quite far past their level I'm wondering if there is mabye a good pet around my level, thanks in advance!Ezodan1 27 Aug
26 Aug Which Region is best for PVP pet battles There has been much debate regarding which group of servers is most competitive when it comes to metas and from watching hundreds of US battles and playing thousands of EU battles there has to only be one winner. The EU of course. So often we face tier 1 comps whilst US faces off against dross teams of s/b Marmots or random beasts. What are other players thoughts on this, do the US metas have it much easier and wouldn't it be nice to face them once in a while. Your thoughts Rosqo.Rosqo6 26 Aug
24 Aug Etheral Soul Trader Farming Legion mobs can still be farmed for Etheral credits with the soul trader. So given that which do you reckon would be the best spot in legion for farming Etheral credits?Âzimuth1 24 Aug
24 Aug New to battle pets, need advice. Hi I am a returning player. Never really tried pet battles but I'd like to get a few lvl 25 an get into pvp. Whats the best way to level up to25? I've got some pets but i dont know which ones are worth leveling.Cleffa2 24 Aug
24 Aug A bit late, but better late than never I've seen some strats for the Argus pet Bucky, with Magic pets. However every one of those relied somewhat on rng, here's one I've devised that will work every time w/o any rng or crits or w/e. Jade Oozling Minfernal Disgusting Oozeling Put pets in that order. 1:Pass (Disgusting Oozeling gets swapped in) 2: Acidic Goo 3: Corrosion 4: Ooze Touch 5 Pet dies 6 Minfernal in: Immolate 7: Explode 8: Acidic Goo 9: Corrosion = Bucky deadLswindrunner0 24 Aug
23 Aug Imo, the currently best team in the world When Legion was released, rather than do content I decided to ‘tunnel vision’ the 5k pet pvp achievement instead. The achievement is imo something you’re not going to finish with just casual play, and if you keep putting it off it will just never get done. Three and a half months later here I am, posting this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJx3B24bUs I originally began the achievement in MoP with an Anubisath, the game’s quickest moth and a Creepy Crate. My record with that was 26 wins in a row and a win rate of around 70-75%. After a WoW break and fast forward to Legion, that team was pretty bad. I had to come up with something better, much much better. And this team was born. Lady – P/S Bone Serpent. THE (imo) most offensive pet in the game. Sylvanas – Teroclaw Hatchling. THE most OP pet in the game by a ridiculous margin. Quite a number of times I beat all 3 opponent’s pets just with Sylvanas as my only pet put in at the start of the game and never swapped out. After a few close misses, she once even managed the feat of staying in from round 1 and killing all 3 opponent’s pets without losing ANY HP at all. THAT imo, is the ultimate definition of OP. Windrunner – Crow. An excellent complement to Lady with the added advantage that it will nearly always go first (and since I virtually always made sure Night was up) Nocturnal Strike as soon as it is in which will quickly take care of the racial of quicker flying pets that you can then mop up with Alpha Strike. The combination of this team beggars belief. A win rate of 90%. Once managed 96 wins out of 100 games played. Unlike with my previous team where the 26 in a row was a strictly one off event, 20 and above wins in a row for this squad was a daily occurrence. It also gave me a personal record of 43 wins in succession. Generally, Lady and Windrunner would soften teams up, Sylvanas would then come in and as in the accompanying video, polish things off. The team has a great range of attacks that are strong against numerous opponents, and a great range of racials that make opponents’ attacks weaker.Lswindrunner15 23 Aug
23 Aug Family Brawler Magic Hello fellow Pet battlers Atm i doing the family brawler achieve but im stuck on the magic part, i cant fix a working team, so perhaps someone here can give me a tip ( you can Watch my Collection) Thanks =)Deaná3 23 Aug
23 Aug What are the best battle pets in the game? Hey, I'm getting into pet battling and I'm curious of what pets are the better ones to have. Also some tips are welcomed!Víncènt11 23 Aug
23 Aug Unexpected pet battle advantage of Baa'l The second ability Murder the Innocent that deals 30% of target life in damage, -completely- ignores the -50% damage taken by big boss pets. Tested with Howl, completely ineffective when followed with Murder the Innocent. So it does not seem you can increase the damage done. But that spell makes Baa'l an extremely good finisher for a single tough boss pet.Greezle3 23 Aug
23 Aug Can an alliance Character get Lil Ben'fon? As the title asks, Can an alliance character get the battle pet Lil Ben'fon?Akeno2 23 Aug
23 Aug Hermit Crab & Boghopper stats The stats of both these pets seems way over budget 1400hp, 284 power & 349 speed. It’s almost like they are the next tier up stats wise. Hopefully they will get looked at because at present they are gonna be very strong especially the hermit crab.Rosqo4 23 Aug