General

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 10/07/2017) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
1d Support for Windows XP and Vista Ending Soon As we previously announced, we will be ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista for several Blizzard games. For World of Warcraft, we’re ending support for these operating systems in October. Microsoft ended mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a segment of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued to support them. Now that there have been three major Windows releases since Vista’s release and a clear majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions of Windows, we are ready to make this change. After this time, Windows XP and Vista will not be supported and World of Warcraft will not run on them. We encourage any players who are still using one of these older operating systems to upgrade to a newer version prior to this date to continue playing. Aerythlea39 1d
1d Some New Blue Faces Over the coming weeks, you’ll be seeing some new Blue accounts posting here in the forums. These fine folks are joining on to help us be more present and active in discussions with you all. Our new additions will be labeled “Forum Engagement.” While these people are Blizzard employees, they aren’t game designers and won’t be able to answer those deeper questions about topics like game balance. And no worries; you’ll still see the same names you recognize. Thanks for giving them a warm welcome! Aerythlea81 1d
8h Post if you want to make some in-game friends My original thread http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6492950450?page=1 reached its posting limit. Therefore I'm redoing it. Firstly, please, when posting your info, press the "REQUEST STICKY" button towards the top right side of the page. If it gets enough hits, it will then be considered by the moderators to be pinned to the front page as a sticky. Generally, when a thread moves off the 1st page, it is harder for other people to notice it. So by pressing that button you are being courteous to others (maybe even absolute beginners to WoW) who may wish to use this thread at a later date than today to try and find in-game friends themselves. Thank-you. Let's face it, we all need friends in-game, whether it is to try for mutual achievements, valor cap HC's, LFR, PVP etc, or to ask someone if they can lend a hand with a problem, or even just to say hello to someone and chat once in a while. So if you'd like to make new friends, simply post in the same format as below. (Note, DON'T list which sex you are as it could lead to unwanted attention, likewise, DON'T give out your email address). About me: Age: 30+ Personality: Laid back and mature Side: Horde only Chars: Rogue: (DPS) Spec: Combat only (I do have an Alliance rogue as well, but its sole purpose doesn’t involve gameplay) Playing time: (at the moment) Mon: 12.30pm – 4.30 pm, Tue 12.30 pm – 7 pm, Wed and Thu 12.30pm – 4.30 pm, Fri 12.30 pm – 7 pm, Sat and Sun, most of the day. I do play in the evenings Mon-Fri too, but I simply never know just how much Russian-English translation work I need to do until I receive it, so evening playing time is very erratic. Up for: Helping you out if required and it's in my character's ability to do so, HC’s for cap, LFR, ach’s (inc Raids (new and old), HC and PVP) etc. Other interests: Many. Battletag: LadySylvanas#2676 (To add a battletag and request being friends with a person, either A: In the Battlenet client, left click on the blue person icon at the top right, it will then open up a sub column. In the top left, click on 'add friend', it will then prompt you to type (or paste in) the battletag of the person you want to be friend's with. Then click on 'send request' at the bottom left. B: In-game, left click on the yellow 'social' icon towards the bottom left of your screen. It will bring up a sub screen. Enter (or paste in) the battletag and press 'add friend'.Lswindrunner857 8h
14 Sep Updates from @WarcraftDevs Patch 7.3 A new patch means new tweets from the World of Warcraft development team! This thread is an archive of @WarcraftDevs tweets regarding patch 7.3. ---- @WarcraftDevs is an official World of Warcraft Twitter account offering design insight and information directly from the World of Warcraft Development Team. For past updates, please refer to Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Patch 7.2.5. Aerythlea24 14 Sep
1m World PvP and Argus If you aren't going to fix world PvP, then allow those of us who chose to play on PvP realms disable it on argus or something, I'm getting tired of getting gripped by a DK on getting oneshot by his legendary chest proc. Blizz u suckXerelia15 1m
4m Classic Server Update Hey everyone, We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show. These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion. Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon. -J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team Aerythlea1036 4m
5m Do you like being THE Hero? I think Blizzard has gone over the top in this expansion... i miss the days when we were humble adventurers dealing with small threats while feeling awe for the big ones... Burning legion is a super big threat that was better be there for the immersion and atmosphere... fighting a single demon would be enough and then think "omg.. that was a single demon.. god help us if the gates open and more of them come" Now we just go into their planet and will kill them there... and everybody call us a hero, in every single npc line.. And then what? We will kill old gods and void lords?(rumors for next expansions..). Doesnt this take out the immersion? The fear and awe of the big enemies? And when we will finally kill old gods and void lords what we will do then? There will be no big bad guy left and we will be greater than the titans!Cuishle19 5m
7m Dont know what to play?? I'm going to boost a character and was wondering what I should play as, I wanna play something cool, that have a cool class campaign and cool effects, I will only play as dps, but I can also play as the other, but are attended to play as dps, pick the one thats available in the list I made of thoese I have and dont have. Have: (these one you cant pick) Demon hunter. Death knight. Druid. Warrior. Dont have: (Pick the best and most fun in gameplay and class campaign) Paladin. Hunter. Rogue. Priest. Shaman. Mage. Warlock. monk.Faithfulfox15 7m
8m Mythic Plus Raiding and Timewalking Plus Two ideas. Both ideas are based on the M+ dungeons. Just thinking about these. I would love some more difficulty in the timewalking dungeons and I'd love for the excitement of the Mythic raiding to be prolonged where possible. Mythic Plus Raiding Extremely simple and designed to appeal to the serious raiders who want prestige. -Activate the M+ Raid at the start of the instance. -Limits number of boss attempts a week. -No time limit. -Ilevel loot equivalent to fully Titanforged gear. -No mechanic changes to Mythic versions of the bosses. -Ramped up difficulty. -One trash-based affix per week. Timewalking Plus Again, another simple idea. -For the duration of the timewalking event, timewalking dungeon difficulty can be increased. -Rewards more timewalking badges. -Higher item level gear.Eurgan0 8m
22m Need help with wow music Recently I've been making a playlist of various wow scores for car rides or when I clean etc. but there's one piece of music that I can't find. This one come from the original vanilla-wow cinematic trailer. It plays when the dwarf is walking in the snowy mountains and looks over to Ironforge. It's a very slow score with men chanting over it, followed by a lighter tone with women chanting. It seems to be followed up by some intense battle music but I don't know if that's another score or just part of the music. Is this available as a separate music-piece or is it just the entire music track of the trailer? I hope my explanation is a bit clear, because I find it confusing to explain :) Anyhow thanks in advance!Deveon8 22m
24m Am I annoying dungeon teammates? Hello. Less than 2 months ago I made my first WoW character = i'm a noob, an arms warrior (DPS ofc). So far had a great time questing, I really enjoy this class, the charging, smashing, rending. Now I am lvl 84 and have quite a dungeon problem. I have teamed up a lot for dungeons since I was maybe around lvl 40. I got lost sometimes in the early ones, but I felt I was more or less useful for the group. Things have been going dowhill though. I die more often than I used to (my ilvl is 218) even in defensive stance, healing myslef with VR. My warrior becomes sqiushy. No one else dies but me in these 82-85lvl dungeons and it really gets me down. Teammates do not point it out, they don't say anything when I'm back at the entrance and have huge trouble keeping up, but this makes me feel guilty. I have been kicked once - the whole group was constantly getting wiped and they first kicked some paladin, then me. Not so long ago I have keybinded all my abilities similarly to this guys' (a great video and a lovely accent) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLPzCuejWQ and my reflexes got faster, but I am not there yet. I use strafe to move around bosses, but I die easily. I play on a PvE server for new players (Quel'Thalas). I always try to follow and observe a teammate who looks like he knows what he's doing. I tried out the fury spec, but arms feels more balanced and can survive more. I've read that fury is worse at the moment. Is that true? I do the 60-70 dungeons (both heroic and normal) solo, cause I don't want to annoy other players. I'm kind of ashamed and scared that they'll eventually be mad :( I am also practicing solo on Outland 25-player raids. Now, I am willing to learn. So I have a few questions: 1. Is it ok for me to play dungeons? 2. Around which lvl do players lose their patience when someone dies in a dungeon? 3. Should I first practice in some other way before I team up? 4. How can someone be more useful for the group? Be safe!Cesareorc25 24m
25m An idea about leveling So.. im not sure if this topic has been brought up which it probably has, but i have not found one so ill make one. the leveling and amount of xp recieved pre 100 is messed up, its way easier to level up these days and with heirlooms everything goes faster, ofc everyone wanna hit 100 and go for the legion, but i like to do old expansions, i like to enjoy them each zone by zone without leveling 5 levels pass the level limit, like a zone 80-85 and im way higher level. or perhaps before i hit pandaria id like to be able to do all the zones without recieving so much xp and leveling up so fast. so i have the time to enjoy it all my idea is this, why cant blizzard make that each zone, duskwood, blasted lands etc be limited in experience recieved? for example let say its a zone from level 20-25, once you actually hit 25, it doesnt feel as much fun to continue questing there, i mean you dont get the chance to finish each zone anymore, so i thought like you should thus if you hit the level cap for that zone, perhaps not get experience there anymore or progress as fast atleast? so at least certain enemies will still be a challenge etc and you can enjoy your continued questing there? hmm i dont know what everyone else will think but this sound good in my head atleast. it would be nice to finnish each zone in the way its supposed toTupacisbest3 25m
28m Without Flying WoW SUCKS! OK 'sucks' is an exaggeration but zone design such as Argus is a royal pain in the back side to navigate on a ground mount. My issue is not the mobs rather the terrain .. feels like a root canal moving around this map .. I don't understand the argument some make that since Blizz puts in so much effort designing beautiful worlds, they want players to experience it before engaging flying. The surface/world always looks so much more beautiful from the sky, does it not? I enjoy WoW world design much more from a flying mount than I do on the ground!Shockazoid44 28m
30m THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT'S MASSIVE GAME OVERHAUL hey there friends. today i have released one of my suggestion articles to the game... and i thought i should share it here in the forum so that others could read it and give feed backs as to how they think about the ideas i wrote down here... so without further delays... here is the suggestions article i have sent to the developers team: "THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME OVERHAUL" legion 7.3 released and it was a great patch of its own with lots of new content… the expansion however seems to have still clung to the way things were since cataclysm expansion… more action packed mmo arena game… and far less of a mmorpg game !!! for which reason I decided that I weigh in… and do what little I can and suggest to help start a massive overhaul of world of warcraft… although I know that the new expansion is already imbound and data miners have found a lot of stories and ideas about what it is about and that it is a azeroth overhaul expansion… So here it is , my suggestions about the new expansion: 1. Story When it comes to story… few games match the in depth and well thought out story of world of warcraft… A story that had been developed since 1996… and is still going forward stronger than ever… However in the past few years… and since 2009 , the end of the woltk expansion… going into cataclysm expansion… we had seen a drastic decrease of the rich and powerful story that wow used to have... the game had fallen into a maelstrom of bad decisions and bad story making… for years I had been watching and trying to contribute to help create a better story… I tried it once before the release of exp 7.0 as I mentioned above… it seems legion had a better story than the last 3 expansions came before it… and people were quite satisfied overall from their story content experience… However it had been slowly falling back down as the expansion is reaching its end… and despite a great effort to make the 7.3 patch a rich environment for the story… the expansion as a whole , is getting critics amongst the older players that it is a little too frustrating… and its sacrificing a good chunk of lore for a slightly thrilling story… Which sets the bar high yet again… for the next expansion(s)… From my personal view, the problem is that the devs cannot connect to the players like they used to… being distanced and forgetting that what the gamers loved about wow , was the rich story that was delivered with time and patience and had many different turns and phases before it would be anything near completion… today storylines are a very small part of the game , that mostly just are a side kick for a dungeon or raid to be opened… a hassle that players must pass to get to the end game content… take the story of the seat of the triumvirate dungeon in 7.3 , it was a good story with greater potential… however it was delivered in the worst manner possible… a roughly 1 hour set of quests that ends in opening the dungeon so that people could just continue their mythic+ frenzy… it does not even mean anything different to the average game and a total let down for the wow veterans… So as you can see, the storylines are simply a means to bring the end game dungeon or raid to the gamers and are in no way a part of the game… merely a part where only developers would care about… whilst the gamers have no need of it , so they literally ignore it… and if it is possible they would totally put it aside and not do it… if only yhey could've gotten their raids and dungeons opened as soon as the patch hits !!!! This however can change… and it is possible to restore the game story to its proper place… which is the n1 priority of the gamer ! and in doing so , revitalize the mmorpg feeling of the game ! To that end , the raids must have a complete different story lines of their own , which is not a part of the main story line… for example In our fight against the legion here in 7.3 in argus , we are experiencing the main story throughout our progress to unlocking the seat of the triumvirate… Whilst the story line behind aleria windrunner and her lessons in the way of the void and her ties to the ethereal race… is a totally independent story of its own… it has nothing to do with what we shall do in the end game raid… so it must have an independent story line , where it would go through a long and hard that would have many phases which would take place through many days and weeks… and when done it would reward the player with access to the content that will come in the next patch , in this case in the next expansion's first patch… This could literally be the solution that would revitalize the story lines… that in order to access the next part of the story… you must first finish up the story and campaign of the last patch !!!! But also the raids and dungeons and pvp battle grounds must have a short queslines of their own including a scenario here and there… which in roughly 1 hour would unlock that dungeon or raid or bg for them… these storylines… not only are in the same direction as the main story is… about the same goal… but they have independent story lines… which opens up the areas that players would want to have access to… but leaves the main story line completely untouched… and if the players would want to have access to any of the next patch's contents… they need to complete the main storyline of the current patch !!!!!!!!!! This I believe is a viable solution to the problem with storylines being disregarded and ignored by the players !!!! and will also seprate the mmorpg game style from the end game contents such as bgs and raids… which not only gives the players variety of choices… but also completely revitalizes the story lines and mmorpg feeling of the game… and ensure that each and every player is forced to know and experience the story line in ordr to progress through the game content , without snatching away their bgs and raids from them or to put them behind iron walls ! ................................................................................................................. 2. Pve & pvp Nowadays the raids had become the most essential part of the game and the ultimate end game content… to the point that players are literally having a total of 2-3 hours of game play every day which is for the most part dedicated to the raids , without any rich lore content and simply and literally go back and forth around auction house and bank to get prepared for their raid times... This had singlehandedly destroyed much of the world of warcraft's gaming experience and more than most… underwhelmed the player's desire for lore and story content and world explration… These days , players are simply spending 95% of their time in the most populated hub of the expansion… which in legion's case… for both horde and alliance is just one place , the dalaran city ! there is literally no world exploration… and all that world quests and main quests could do , was to become a thorn in the player's side , whom wants an easy grind of artifact power… and that is not because filling up the artifact power has a rare and important achievement that few people might get… but because he wants to be ready for his raid… because most people have already finished up empowering their artifacts !!!!! Players spend their time running back and forth between ah and bank and transmorg shops… and literally do not have to spend any time in the world exploration or chasing the story lines… Back in vanilla… it was literally the a total of 1% of the population that were interested in raiding… whilst the same expansion… had far more players active that the current expansions… many consider this being cause by the time game was running… that people might just get tired after ten 13 years of playing the same game… however that is a very false… the reason that players had been discouraged to play wow… is that more and more it is being simplified and had become drastically easy to navigate through the story lines and world maps and game content… without actually knowing anything about story or the way that game works… The game strives in a fast pace, towards being all about the end game content… with concentration only on raids and pvp… which thanks to legion expansion , pvp is also completely dead… and the mythic raids are becoming the only end game content that is left to do !!!!! This had not been worked around for many years now… and is still going the very same way… I however see a very easy solution to this problem for the game: The raiding experience is doubling down hard on gearing !!! since the invention of the gear score in woltk , the game had became an arena of the people trying to surpass each other in gear score and item level as it is called recently… The majority of the gamers in the game have no intrest in the actual lore behind a raid or the story that brings them there… they do not go out farming for quests or requirements to unlock a raid… and literally since they find almost everything already available in the auction house… they see no reason to farm materials or to do quest lines to get specific items for raids... and since the buffering had been completely removed from the raids… it is no longer a matter of importance whom would join a raid… or what combination is used for a raid… this all leads to one and only conclusion for the raiders: that the gearing is the one and most important priority not only for raiding , but also for the entire end game content… so as you can see… the core problem with the raiding system is the gearing epidemic ! literally every single player in the game , is only spending time queuing for the dungeons or raids… and since the arrival of the lfr and the dungeon and raid finder… the gaming experience literally entails 1.reaching the maximum level , 2.sitting in a populated hub , 3.and queue for a dungeon or raid to get higher level gear . it is the worst sickness that can befall the players of a game… a road straight down to destruction… and the only way to come out of this epidemic unscathed , is to completely remove the current gearing system from the game !!!! so as of the next expansion: the raids , dungeons and pvp battle grounds or arenas , will not reward any sort of gear to the players !!!! from now on , the gear is what it should be : only a preparation for the game content , which you can receive at the start of the expansion , which lasts until the end of the expansion… the gear of each expansion , is now obtained through a long line of quest lines which contain: 1.finding the materials for creating the new gear through questing 2. combining these materials , to create the base gear 3. going to the appropriate npcs to build the these gears ( such as black smiths , tailors and leather workers and all npcs !!! ) , and then get quests from them to earn their favor… 4. once reached a appropriate level of reputation with them , ask them to build your gear 5. then they would give you the final materials needed to build the gear , which they would give you the permission to enter those locations and how to get there , to farm the materials… which in turn opens up those new regions… in which you can farm these materials through questin and meeting with new npcs and vendors… 6. when gathered the materials, for the last time visit the npc , give them the materials and have your gear built , which is set to the appropriate gear level for the entirety of the expansion… 7. then comes the transmorg , in order to transmorg your gear… you would have to first choose the transmorg set that you want , set it on your gear… then visit the same npc that crafted the gear… and ask him for the materials needed for the transmorg… 8. each transmorg set must have a trivial and a bonus ability to them… which depends on the materials used for the transmogrification… for example for a paladin that uses a golden set , there must be a trivial ability to have an aura of shining golden light surrounding them for a duration… and also a bonus ability which grants them for example a faster mounted speed whilst out of combat , or for other classes , trivial abilities like slow fall , or summoning different kinds of minions and pets… or faster flight speed and so on… 9. when the transmorg is set… the player can only change the transmogrification , by revisiting the same npc to reforge the gear into a different transmorg… This great new system not only allows for far more immersive experience , specially in the early stage of an expansion… but also brings back that feeling of the vanilla wow , which most things had taken time and attention to be completed… and the fact that the gear would no longer be a priority for the player… makes them that much encouraged to engage in the storylines and the great lore content that world of warcraft has to offer !!!! After the gearing system overhaul takes place in the game , it would be the turn for the raids overhaul : So if the gear and thrill of getting a loot greater than your already worn armor , is removed from the raids… what would encourage a player to run the raids anymore ?? The answer to that is in the warcraft's past… In the old warcraft… back when it was a strategy game… the players were playing as the heroes of the current wow game… such as illidan stormrage or lady sylvanas windrunner or garrosh hellscream… these heroes did not have a gearing system… and their stages mostly contained a hard fights in dungeons and battlefields… in which there was no gearing system rewards… but two different rewards: 1. The leveling system 2. The relic and artifact rewards In world of warcraft , the heroes have their leveling system already covered , in the level up feature… However the relics and artifacts that the heroes of warcraft used to get from their battles through out battlegrounds and dungeons , was not put into the wow game… thus it was removed from the gaming experience… However today is the best time for it to come back to the game… which means from now on : 1. The dungeon bosses and elites will drop relics for the heroes… which have many different stats and attributes… and also can be manually enchanted by the players through the same crafter npcs that are mentioned above… which each one will have up to 3 slots for enchantments… and 2 slots for socketing gems into them… 2. The raid bosses and elites , shall yield artifacts… a stronger item than the relics , which have up to 5 different enchanting slots and 3 different socketing slots… they shall also have an ability , a buff and a permenant modification of 1 or 2 of the class's abilities… for example an artifact that dropped from the raid boss , must have a new ability for a death knight , a new buff for him/her and a new permenantly increases the damage of one of his abilities or increase the duration of the ability and so on… 3. Battle grounds shall now have an honor bar… which whenever fills ( which takes many battles to fill) , shall now yield a relic … similar in power to the one , that the dungeons yield… however with different stats appropriate for a pvp player and with different enchantment options which would benefit a pvp player 4. The arenas shall now have a conquest bar… which when filled… shall yield an artifact similar to the raids… but with different stats and enchantment options , appropriate for a pvp player This system in turn allows for a far greater experience for pvp and pve players… and at the same time , simplifies the difficulties of obtaining appropriate gear… and so makes the player… not only encouraged to do pvp and pve to get the appropriate relics and artifacts… but also spend the majority of his/her time , trying to go through the main story of the patch and spend much more time in the world map trying to procure the items needed for quest lines or the items he needs to procure the starting gear of the expansion ....................................................................................................................Anyaa15 30m
33m Question about low level balance i know it "doesnt matter" but it feels silly that my spells hit WAY harder while specced as resto compared to when im a "spellcaster who harness the destructive forces of nature and the elements" aka Elemental. fix spell % scaling, cant be right that resto shaman does more dmg than ele.Mgz1 33m
37m Pirate's Day! Exploring the Pirate Music Hello Everyone :) I'd love to share this video exploring the pirate music of WoW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZL0x-2X1Zg It was inspired by the fun of this year's Pirate's Day and is the 5th episode of my series exploring the soundtracks of video games. Please let me know what you think - I always love to hear people's feedback and suggestions for future topics! If you want to see more, I've also recently covered Wintergrasp and the Lament of the Highborne. Hope you enjoy the vids xxKlokfoss0 37m
38m Pre-100 a joke even with no armour on It's impossible to make the game even slightly engaging in the sense that enemies don't die comically fast. As a Frost Mage it would require not only removing all my gear and weapon but also avoiding the use of completely broken scaling abilities like Ice Lance. You can't seriously expect a player to do this to make the game 'fun'. People say levelling isn't fun on WoW, asking for fast ways to skip it. I wonder what is could be that makes it not fun? Hmmm.. As many seem to be asking these days, I really hope they take a look at how awful older content is and make some efforts to improve the balance. Simply doubling the health of enemies would be a start, surely that wouldn't require much work? If they added in scaling in some limited form, it would be a good opportunity to fix up mob health and damage.Daecimus41 38m
45m Balancing the legendaries Please, do it. I beg you. Either do that or make legendaries drop often. Cause this is exhausting. Waiting for a good legendary and then recieving a one which isnt good even as a stat stick, let alone proc. The difference between having a bis leggy and a bad or mediocre one is insane, and it needs to be fixed. Healers with and without vellen are in huge disbalance. Dpsers aswell with their bis and non bis. People shouldnt be punished so hard with an rng system like this one. We try and we push and we wait for it and we dont get it. Its not like we need to progress towards it, cause that would be acceptable. Please, once again, either balance the legendaries or make them drop often. Other than this, expansion is great, but this is ruining the game.Kundera2 45m
46m Community changed. When I say community I don't just mean wow, I am talking gamers in general. Say about 6-10 years ago people seemed a lot more talkative. All aspects of the game had people talking all the time, guilds, chat channels, pvp communities talked outside Stormwind/Orgrimmar. People also seemed a lot more likely to use some form of voice communication back then aswell and most now avoid at all costs. This doesn't just stick within the wow community. I can't speak for xbox users but when playing any game on PSN there is nobody with mics and when they do they never speak. It seems like gaming in general is becoming extremely antisocial to the point where people are ignoring you if you try to speak almost like you are bothering them with your conversation. This is so damaging for gaming as a whole because even multiplayer games tend to feel exactly like single player games except you have "real" people that basically may aswell be npcs as there is no difference in gameplay. I personally would say this is down to gaming becoming so much more mainstream and breaking up the community from it's original "we got to stick together" mentality. Why do you guys thing gaming is becoming antisocial and when do you think it started getting this way?Estrangement11 46m
56m I give up Am I the only person who is sick and fed up of trying to tank a dungeon and having DPS pull EVERYTHING!!!! then either: Try and Drop it all on you, Fail and die (<Snip> tank OMG you sux) or Pull everything in the dungeon and leave you feeling useless and like your role isn't acctually required. I have been finding myself taking a break when I get stressed out and coming back and getting even more stressed than before. DPS moan, and whine, and <Snip> about long queue times, then treat Tanks and Healers like <Snip>Deadala40 56m
1h After Smugface Illidan, I've lost my mind Smugface Illidan.... oh Blizzard you charming little devil. Yeah let's just confess it, I have downloaded 30 pictures about smugface Illidan... Because well its so Smugface that you could get away with murder. Imagine if Illidan did that smugface to the police and he would've just walked away (instead of tearing those police souls up). What about you people, instead of moaning about toxicity or imbalanced stuff, what do you think about Smugface Stormrage?Tubchuckle14 1h
1h Echoes of Domination? Hi there! I just wonder how to find out or just take a look how many of those Echoes of Domination I already got. Any other way than just viewing the price-tag-tooltip of the PvP vendor? Maybe I'm just incredibly blind, but I couldn't find anything in the currency frame. TIASmylodon4 1h
1h Draenei monks a myth ? You guys ever seen one ? Are they just a myth ? Why do you think they are an unpopular choice for playing monk ?Bilban5 1h
1h confess your noobish mistakes here Right let's get another one, I'll mention two of my past happenings from wotkl which I am not proud of now, but then again I was 13 year old non english speaking child. 1: rolling need as a hunter on an epic stamina ring, deadman's hand. I know I've seen people flaming me but didn't know why. Now this no more obtainable ring sits in my pouch as a reminder on old times. 2: I was bad at english and for almost each quest from here to there I'd go on some weird looking wow browser with dragonshaped head which name I forgotten. Anyways, deal is that I had some high level online friend I met and after two weeks this was a scenario: - I was in booty bay - take few quests I didn't understand, forgot to go on browser - start seeing red/skull mobs - call my high level friend - " hey come see something" , I said. - guy was near so he actually came - I start pulling high level mobs, while he'd one shot them - now, I thought this way I'd level faster but I didn't mention it to him - so the guy is confused and asks " see what?" on which I didn't say anything - we kill few more mobs - never hear from him again p.s , if the guy is still present and somehow on forums, I'm sorryGewild57 1h
1h Unsullied leather items Why do I keep getting them? My only classes are DK and Priest.Skalaris20 1h
1h I think I need a break from wow I am not sure if I tired or bored or something else. I feel like not ahppy playing the game. I grind and grind but am not sure for what though. I get rep and buy items but am not really sure why. I really am not sure if I want to raid. I dont want to pvp. I do 2 - 3 hrs a day of the game but not sure if I want to anymore. I wish i could spent the time at something else other than wow for a change. Its getting to that point I realize, my need for small game fun might be interfering in my rl demands.Nickyuou6 1h
2h Sentimentality in a digital age. In today's gaminindustry with RNG lootboxses for real cash. DRM from hell. Serverbased games. Expiering licenses. Are we simply to sentimental to WoW and our games or even entertainment in general. Can you blame us if we are. After all the good time spendt in a game. We want to go back to get our fix of emotional flashbacks.Lizzia0 2h
2h Are Timewalking Dungeons Harder? Gate of the Setting Sun...OMG! Healed this twice now and it was a nightmare. People dying to nothing....like the mechanics are avoid the pods that explode and the fire that comes out of them on n,s,e and w. But even if you avoid this...you die. Everyone but tank dies on first boss. Plus it takes 10 of my biggest heal plus hots to get a persons heal up from 30% wtf?Sweetstuff66 2h
2h Does anyone under 18 play wow? I'm 22 my self and allways meet people of the similar age or older.Шатурас42 2h
2h IDOTIC dungeon run I have had many dungeon runs so far, and most of them have been okay. However, one run was lead by this psychotic lev 110 mage from the KAZZAK server. He kept bringing himself to the brink of death by aoing everything in sight and for some reason the healer ( also from kazzak) was not healing. We got near the end when the party kicked his healer m8 for not healing and causing the death of the tank. He then spam raged at the group saying he had told his m8 NOT to heal...LOL..wtf ?. The spamming continued as he imploded saying the group did no damage and he should kick us all. Hard to do a lot when a max level is idiotic enough to go around spam/pulling everything in sight. Luckily my next run after that went as smoothly as a hot sharp pointy thing through butter. No problems and no deaths . We did have a lev 110 peep in the group, but he was not deranged and the group enjoyed the run. My point is this, why do many peeps from pvp servers have such an attitude problem ?Skinrip28 2h
2h Gnome hunters? where are at i never see anyone that plays the race Gnome hunter!.. where are yaOssc45 2h
2h Mage Tower bug? Affliction So i'm trying to do the challenge , but for some reason, the Cripple ability from Doomwalker, has the PvP slow instead of the PvE one ( 30 sec ). Is this intended ? If so , it's !@#$ed up. I did the retri one and the havoc Dh one , and i had no such thing happen; having my abilities get the PvP template instead of the PvE one.Deathelsea1 2h
2h Blizzcon 2017: what would you like to see? There are so many things I'd like to hear about: -The new expansion of course, the lore, the new zones, the new additions... -No more ability pruning: Mop was when the gameplay was at its best imo. -News concerning legacy servers (A definite "yes" or "no" this time would do it): if it's a yes, would they launch progressive servers (progressing through expansions, starting with vanilla and ending today or something) or exclusive servers (vanilla, tbc, wotlk...) -The end of the "Omagad superhero that's gonna save the day again" trend: it was good to be a simple adventurer before. -The end of the legendary system and all this "garrison-like" gameplay, although it's not as bad as it was before, clearly. -Making classes feel unique again: it was fun when classes all brought something unique that made them relevant (a bit like in TBC, but without the hybrid tax of course ;-) ). What about you guys?Aldarön49 2h
3h Toxic Timewalking Community I got called a "Stupid f*****g r****d" because i accidentally threw a bit of Caustic Tar at the tank when doing Commander Vo'jak in Siege of Niuzao Temple. Why are people like this during timewalking? i never have this issue when doing mythics.Growlsnarl17 3h
3h X-Realm Mythic raiding For me this game is dying. I can`t raid fixed times because of work. I dont want to raid in a guild eighter. (yay lets gear up the officers and their m8`s) I just want to sign up for a Pug Mythic with Personal Loot, raid and have a challange other than HC without all the hassle of being in a guild! Please Blizzard, bring back the good old days for players whom are hardcore casuals!Nìmrod44 3h
3h Whats the longest WoW friendship you've had? Hey everyone! I was looking through social media today and I got messaged by a friend and we were just chatting. I got to thinking about how we'd met and I realised we'd met on WoW all the way back in WOTLK (8 years ago). I had just joined the game as a human priest and I wanted to be a guild master, so I wondered around elwynn forest giving people kittens asking them to join my guild. It worked and I got a 20 man strong guild in a day or two. Some were young kids and probably don't even remember me now, but others were adults older than me and for those who did add me on social media it's be lovely watching their lives progress (grandkids etc). I also met my partner in trade chat in wotlk and we've been together for 7 years now and have moved cross country to be together! So, what kind of long term friendships have you had on WoW? :DRaenboe57 3h
3h Mythic+ Raiding Difficulty suggestion So the idea just popped up when I was looking at previous raids drops. Of course my suggestion can't be implemented right now, but I would love to see it happen in the future expansion(s). To get straight to the point, my suggestion is to have one more difficulty for raids that their patch has passed and the next ones are up. Mythic+ Difficulty. The main reason for my suggestion is that you can't always get an item you want from a raid because it simply doesn't exists. For Instance you can't farm a Haste/Critical Neck on Tomb of Sargeras because it doesn't exists. On the other hand, Nighthold does have a haste/crit neck, Emerald nightmare too. To be more specific, you can't farm many Best-in-Slot items from Raiding (which is the hardest feature of the game) to gear up/tune your character. ToS Mythic drops 930+ items. Nighthold mythic drops 900+ items and Emerald Nightmare 880+. On raids, there is always (for this expansion) an increase of 15 ilvls for every difficulty. For example ToS LFR = 885, Normal = 900, Heroic = 915, Mythic = 930. We could have a system that would let previous raids to scale up all the way to 930. (the current's patch Raid mythic ilvl drop) This system would look like that: NH mythic = 900+, NH mythic+2 = 915, NH mythic+3 = 930 and that's the cap. HP and DMG will increase accordingly to match the difficulty of Heroic ToS for NH mythic+2 and Mythic ToS for NH mythic+3. This system will give many players the opportunity to try and play with different combinations of their Armor Sets, as well as being able to gear up/tune their characters entirely from raids. Right now, it is illogical to go farm mythic NH and try to get tier items near to the ilvl mythic ToS ones. Some combinations like: 2p Tier 19 + 4p Tier 21 or 4p Tier 19 + 2p Tier 21 Are simply out of question since the ilvl difference is huge. I like the idea being able to try different item sets to maximize dps/heal output or even tank survivabilty. And with the new legendaries system, the options and combinations are just so many, it gives more freedom to the players. A system like that cannot be implemented right now, but I would like to see something like that in the next expansion(s). What's your opinion?Iria10 3h
3h is it me or is it the story(spoilers) I have been recently hearing a lot of ideas thrown for the next expansions. There are stories that sargeras will stab azeroth. I am getting tired of this. I dont know if its the sleep wishing person in me or the part that wants this insanity to end. But I am not sure I have it in me for another expansion involving azeroth. I dont know if I like the idea of being sundered again. I dont know if I want to do 30quests dailies across 5 toons to get geared and then not really feel powerful for too long It might be that I am getting game fatigue. But the idea that magni is a pawn and all I did was to release old gods is just not right. On top of that I hear, c'thun can be back Why c'thun, didnt we kill it. Didnt I farm enough nature gear to end that debacle. Please no more old gods , no more sundering, no more azeroth, its leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.Virumandi2 3h
3h Undead Hunter Bow/Gun etc Stance So ya.. The Blood Elf Hunters old Bow/Gun/Crossbow stance got changed recently to the Human model.. ..and guess where they dumped the Blood Elf's old stance? ...Yup, the Undead. I don't understand this o.o Undeads used to be Human, so why doesn't our race copy the Humans model stance? Please consider changing this as right now we're holding our bows like we're constipated or something -.- We're ameant to be a 'Hunt Master' but can't hold a bow the right way? lolBriala0 3h
3h Best way for a legendary Hi I am seeking the best way for a lege because my last lege dropped 2 months ago and I only have 2. I need to change my lege but I have no drops. What I do is LFR, normal and hc TOS, EN N-HC,invasions, rare farm, M+, emissaries and yet no drops. Plus with tokens I take rings , because I need the ring mostly , and most of times i get rings with tank stats while I have chosen my drops to be for Dps. Literally i am desperate and tired farming and wasting so much time and get nothing. I mean yesterday I went for EN and I was seeing lege drops like rain but again not for me. Thanks blizzard.Molismeni35 3h
3h Worgen & Goblin Model Updates - V.4 I would like to port this post over from US forums as it really is a big issue. There are some really interesting comments on the original US post, so I would also like to see what us in the EU think about having a Worgen & Goblin Model Update. Credit goes to Vethe. OP: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755576521 This post is a continuation of 1) https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20743624495 (capped at 500) 2) https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20743555494 (capped at 500) 3) https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20743576065 (capped at 5,000) What is this thread about? Well over two years ago, a majority of the playable races received model updates (patch 6.0.2 - October 2014). From the patch notes: Character models for races from the original game (dwarf, gnome, human, night elf, orc, tauren, troll, and undead), and draenei have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals. Character animations have been updated to have more personality and now support expressive facial expressions. Emotes are now more emotive! Nearly every race introduced before Mists of Pandaria was updated to meet new visual standards, but Worgen and Goblins have remained on the backburner for over two years: ... - from https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/16365525 Why do they need updates? The texture resolution and polycount of Worgen and Goblins are notably more limited than those of the newly updated races: http://i.imgur.com/uOGP5YE.png vs http://i.imgur.com/0i7jayF.png (thanks Sparx) Worgen and Goblins have very limited and sometimes jarring animations: http://i.imgur.com/RAI2W.jpg Beyond getting Worgen and Goblins on par with the other races, there were some rather unpopular last-minute changes made to the design of the female Worgen that have not sat well with many (there are thousands of posts on these issues in the other threads). What can we do? Bring the issue to Blizzard's attention to the best of your ability. Posting here is a good start and these threads help to collect ideas. Consider addressing Blizzard on platforms such as Twitter or pushing the topic in Q&A sessions Report any bugs with the current models.Nastydogg15 3h
4h Hello. Hello, I hope you will be having a great day in World of Warcraft today. Please, remember that you never should give up your dreams, you mean a lot for a lot of people.Menher1 4h
4h Balance of power skins So on this character i have done mythic+15 achievement, glory of the legion hero achievement and the unleashed monstrosities achievement and i have all of the balance of power skins unlocked. So lets say i do balance of power with another character, after i finish the quest line and have the base skin unlocked, will i have the other 3 skins unlocked since i've allrdy done the achievements with this characterAddìcted8 4h
4h when can i access garrison? is it required to have Legion, because i dont have it do i need to be lvl 90 or 85?Jesseplays14 4h
5h City guards, why do they exist. They are a joke, literally. You can pull 10 of them and they barely tickle you. Back in the day they were no joke.Xeremir39 5h
7h Heirloom ilevel from 100-110 I spent a fortune on upgrading my heirlooms to 110 only to find the ilevel is lower than greens I get from leveling. Anyone know if this is going to be fixed ?Shanus5 7h
7h What's a good rig to run raid bosses ? Hey guys I've been looking at ways to upgrade my rig lately, and trying to decide how much money to put in to run WoW at a reasonable framerate. The problem with this is fps on WoW is really unstable. I can get 60+ in some zones with settings at 10 and 10 in others with settings at 1. I have no idea what's a good gpu and cpu that would run WoW with at least 60 fps in raids on demanding fights (like Sisters or KJ), don't know if I can trust anything said on benchmarking websites since they could've just taken the fps while standing at a level 1 zone ... who knows. Here's my rig : Cpu : AMD Phenom 965 Gpu : Radeon HD 7850 MB : GA-78LMT-S2P 380W PSU and 250 GB SSD 1080p monitor which seems to be kind of a struggle for my gpu. It's really low-end, I get 20-40 fps in ToS with setting at 1 and can go down to 10 fps on Sisters. Can't handle it anymore. What's your rig ? How high can you get your settings in ToS while staying at a good framerate ? Edit : personally I'd be looking for 60+ fps in any boss fight with settings at least at 1, with 20 raid members - to run mythic I was suggested to invest in a 1060 gpu and r5 1600 cpu for good fps all around. Any other thought on this ?Telladriss7 7h
8h Brittle Krokul Chest Just to be safe for BoA tokens, on WoWhead people report no toys, pets or mounts whatsoever. I'm currently hoarding my tokens for DF next week, did any of you get something more than the follower item (pre 7.3...), gold and resources? It will decide if I use the tokens to get the flute on every character* vs funneling my rep main. *I really have to type slower, but I think too fast for my hands so I mess up or forget to type entire words... http://www.wowhead.com/item=152922/brittle-krokul-chestDestruct1 8h