General

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
55m Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Battle for Azeroth A new patch means new tweets from the World of Warcraft development team! This thread is an archive of @WarcraftDevs tweets regarding the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch and release. ---- @WarcraftDevs is an official World of Warcraft Twitter account offering design insight and information directly from the World of Warcraft Development Team. For past updates, please refer to Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Patch 7.3.5 & BFA Beta.Aerythlea101 55m
13h Auction House Update To address some issues related to the Auction House, we’re reconsidering how deposits—the refundable fees you pay to list your auctions—are calculated. This fee is based on the item’s vendor price, and for profession materials in particular, vendors offer very low prices, so these mats have a low deposit cost. Deposits are substantial on items such as BoE uncommon gear, gems, and so forth, but not trade skill materials (trade goods such as cloth, ore, leather, etc.). One thing we’ve identified as particularly troublesome is a large volume of trade skill materials being auctioned off in stacks of 1. Some addons make posting quantities of this size trivial to do, resulting in dozens, if not hundreds, of pages of auctions for a single item. As we looked at ways to change this behavior and improve the overall Auction House experience, we found that we prefer to avoid inflexible solutions such as caps on the number of listings a player can make, or increased minimum stack counts, which might interfere with many players' common gameplay habits. Our current plan is to increase the deposit cost of some profession materials on a per-stack basis, which should provide incentive for players to post items in larger stacks. Here's an example: Let’s say that a player is trying to sell 200 Tidespray Linen for 10g (gold) each. Today, each item has the normal deposit cost of 1c (copper), with a 1s (silver) minimum deposit, so 1 auction of 200 linen requires a deposit of 1s, and 200 auctions of 1 linen each adds up to a total deposit of 2g. Now imagine an additional 20% deposit added to the listing fee per auction. With an asking price of 10g each, that raises the deposit by 2g per stack. In the case of 1 stack of 200 linen, the total buyout price is 2000g, and the new deposit is 2g1s. In the case of 200 individual stacks, the new deposit of an additional 2g per stack brings the total deposit up to 402g. In either case, the deposit is returned to the seller if the item sells. Successful auctions aren’t affected by this change. Our goal is to give players some forewarning on this change, and to gather feedback. We’re putting together a list of the items that would be affected by this deposit change, which we expect to be limited to high-quantity trade goods. Furthermore, we’re deploying the change to the PTR first, so that addon authors can work through the change while we test it thoroughly. This change will likely be a temporary measure, as we’re also working to broadly improve the default Auction House in the future. It’s clear to us that many players use addons because they find the default Auction House interface inadequate. A temporary change to deposit fees will help with this in the short term, and we’ll continue to work on overall improvements to the Auction House for a future patch.Aerythlea251 13h
1d A Message from J. Allen Brack Blizzard community, Today has been a swirl of emotions. First, I feel a deep sense of gratitude to Mike. His work on some of our industry’s most iconic games is the reason I came to Blizzard. Not only is he an inspiring leader, but he’s also been a wise and patient mentor to me during my time at Blizzard. And he’s been a good friend. Joining the World of Warcraft team and my favorite game company nearly 13 years ago was an unimaginable dream. Now, to be chosen to lead Blizzard into the future is both a huge honor, and a tremendous responsibility. To do that, I’ll have the help of dedicated and talented Blizzard employees around the world who all share the same mission we have always pursued—to connect and engage the world through the most epic entertainment experiences, ever. Each of us is influenced by Blizzard’s values and a player-first mindset, which serve as the foundation of our company. With these beliefs at the core of everything we do, we’ve been able to deliver great games across different genres and platforms. And there is more to come—we’re working on more games now than at any point in Blizzard’s history. As I transition from leading a development team to the entire company, I’ll also have the support of our team of experienced leaders at Blizzard. I’m pleased to announce two additions to our executive leadership team who will be instrumental as we move forward. Ray Gresko, a 10-year veteran of Blizzard who helped create both Overwatch and Diablo III, is now our chief development officer. Allen Adham, Blizzard’s original founder and lead designer of World of Warcraft, will join the executive team while continuing to oversee development of several new games. The knowledge and experience that Ray and Allen bring, in addition to the talent already on the leadership team, will be indispensable in helping move Blizzard into the future. One thing that won’t change going forward—our deeply held commitments that are core to who we are as a company: to gameplay first, to quality in everything we do, and to listening to and partnering with our community. BlizzCon, the IRL representation of our connection with the community, is just a month away and it’s a time of the year that Blizzard employees look forward to the most. And as usual, we have a few surprises. I want to close by thanking Mike for 27 years of amazing work: I am looking forward to your wisdom and guidance in your new role. And thank you for everything you’ve done to help create the company and the games we love. J. Allen BrackTaepsilum32 1d
1d Post if you want to make some in-game friends (pt2) My original thread https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16069776854?page=1 has finally reached its posting limit. Therefore I'm redoing it. Let's face it, we all need friends in-game, whether it is to try for mutual achievements, daily HC's, LFR, PVP, WQ's etc, to ask someone if they can lend a hand with a problem, or even just to say hello to someone and chat once in a while. So if you'd like to make new friends, simply post in the same format as below. (Note, DON'T list which sex you are as it could lead to unwanted attention, likewise, DON'T give out your email address). About me: Age: 30+ Personality: Laid back and mature Side: Horde only Chars: Rogue: (DPS) Spec: Combat only (I do have an Alliance rogue as well, but its sole purpose doesn’t involve gameplay) Playing time: (at the moment) Mon-Tue, Thu-Fri: 1pm – 3 pm, Wed 1 pm onwards. Sat-Sun, on most of the day Up for: Helping you out if required and it's in my character's ability to do so, HC’s LFR, ach’s (inc Raids (new and old), HC and PVP) etc. Other interests: Many. Battletag: LadySylvanas#2676 (To add a battletag and request being friends with a person, either A: In the Battlenet client, left click on the blue person icon at the top right, it will then open up a sub column. In the top left, click on 'add friend', it will then prompt you to type (or paste in) the battletag of the person you want to be friend's with. Then click on 'send request' at the bottom left. B: In-game, left click on the yellow 'social' icon towards the bottom left of your screen. It will bring up a sub screen. Enter (or paste in) the battletag and press 'add friend'.Lswindrunner337 1d
6d A Message from Mike Morhaime Dear Members of the Blizzard Community, When Blizzard’s founder Allen Adham first invited me to join him in creating Silicon & Synapse (our original name), nothing could have prepared me for the amazing adventure that we would share for the next 27 years. Our original mission and values consisted of four simple words that formed our foundation: “We make great games.” We crafted that statement before we had even released our first game, but we were committed to living up to it. After many years of working with some of the industry’s most talented people to create games and worlds for you to play in, I’ve decided it’s time for someone else to lead Blizzard Entertainment. I will now serve as an advisor to the company I so love and admire. My duties as president of Blizzard will be assumed by my friend, colleague, trusted advisor, and longtime steward of World of Warcraft, J. Allen Brack. J. is an inspiring leader who has shown unwavering commitment to Blizzard’s community in his 12 years with the company. His leadership on World of Warcraft leveraged his vision, creativity, and commitment to quality, and together with the rest of the dev team helped deliver an experience that is unprecedented in our industry. I couldn’t be happier for J. and know that Blizzard will continue to make great games with him at the helm. I am grateful to all of the hardworking and talented people at Blizzard for their dedication and creativity. Their belief in our mission and care for our players has helped Blizzard reach greater heights than I ever could have imagined. I am also grateful to all of you in the community. We have been through so much together. Not only have you been with me through many of the greatest moments and biggest triumphs of my life, but you have also been there through some of the most difficult. I am fortunate to have been able to meet many of you in person, while the many messages, emails, Tweets, Reddit discussions, and forum posts have provided an unbelievable connection as well. Even Twitch chat. It has always brought me joy, comfort, and inspiration to see the beacons of brilliance, voices of reason, and the passion that exists and evolves every day in all of our communities. When we started Blizzard we just wanted to make great games. What we realized is that the games we create are really just a framework for communities and human interaction. When we look back, what we often find that’s most lasting and meaningful from our experiences in games are the relationships we create and foster. You have given me the inspiration and drive to pour my heart and life into what I do. I literally couldn’t have done any of it without you. We have created these worlds, but you have given them life, through your passion, fan art, cosplay, videos, and in so many other ways. I truly believe that this amazing community has the potential to be a shining light to the rest of the industry by setting a positive example of inclusivity, tolerance, and acceptance toward others. In the words of one of Blizzard’s core values: remember to always play nice; play fair. I know this community is capable of changing the world. It has been an honor to serve this community for over 27 years, and I thank you for your many years of support. I look forward to being a member of the community alongside you. See you on Battle.net! Your fellow Blizzard gamer, Mike MorhaimeTaepsilum35 6d
18s Never noticed that before but... Why do goblins get +15 in Alchemy? Shouldnt they get +15 in Engineering? I mean, Goblins are the guys the Horde goes to when they want soemthing build after all, not when they want potions... We even have GOBLIN engineering as a profession...Xemeron4 18s
22s The first expansion I've quit so quickly. Bought it, month+ later, unsubbing. * Azerite gear is horrible, worse than the legendary system, including the neckpiece. * Again, time-gating constant rep grinds. * Not alt friendly, reason is above. ^ * RNG is the worst state possible, I've seen plenty of people complaining about the RNG of their weekly chest loot, getting the same item as the week before. * The game is a massive gamble. * It's a downgrade from Legion, at least in Legion I played for most of the expansion because Legion had more to offer. * No more Tier gear, something that's been in the game for many years, now gone, all because of the rubbish Azerite system. * Warforged, Titanforged, for some reason, is still in the game. * The fact they haven't even considered bringing Reforging back with the current state of RNG. * Professions are useless and pointless. I have to run 15 heroic/mythic dungeons to get the mats to make a 355 item that's BoP... And even then, you're most likely to get better piece of gear before you're able to make it. * Rep gear vendor, you get a 335 epic bit of gear at hitting Revered, you're most likely going to get something far better before even being able to purchase it, same goes for exalted, 350, for real!? * The game feels like a chore. I'm hoping in time the expansion will improve but right now I really don't see it happening in its current state.Versorius15 22s
1m no D4 at blizzcon :( ? https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/diablo-4-wont-be-at-blizzcon-according-to-new-blizzard-blog/ shame :(Darthtoon9 1m
2m Where's my money? No, seriously, where did all my money go which I've payed for this game? Bugs did not get fixed, servers didn't seem to get an upgrade (yes WOW15900319, I'm looking at you), and no major system has been implemented (azerite gear is just a new name for artifact weapons, island expedition = MoP scenario 2.0). Class balance is as bad as ever, communication is both lacking and terrible (Ion, you're up for shaming here), and we've yet to see an Uldir boss which does not glitch midfight. So back to question #1, what did you spend my money on, dear Blizz... ohh I mean Activision?Srolo5 2m
2m Saurfang vs Sylvanas horde poll only The idea comes from the spanish forums when we started a horde poll only about with which character are we standing more after what blizzard are forcing us to do in 8.1. and a lot of us are against. This is not a discussion topic, its just a poll. Remember, this is not a discussion topic. So, who are you supporting? I'll will be updating with results. Please, if you are playing both factions even if you are maining a horde, write it down too to make it more accurate. *NOTE: Post with your main character please, it's kind of suspicious to have some under 120 characters voting for Saurfang. So for now on I will only count 120 character votes. Horde only: Sylvanas 12 Saurfang 7 Both Factions: Sylvanas 0 Saurfang 0Elemmíre26 2m
5m Why is there kicks or deserter from IE? Doing an IE on my alt earlier today and got kicked for absolutely no reason. Just random doucheb*gs so I end up with the 30 minute deserter debuff. Why? There is no real q time for IE's, so if you have a horrible group, you could just leave it anyway; the kick mechanism is not needed. And if we do have the kick mechanism, why do we have the debuff? In dungeons I can understand it because there is usually a quid pro quo; the group loses something by kicking so you have to assume they do it for a reason. On the IE, when the progress is already 2/3 of the way their, it is a free kick. Honestly just make IE's single player content, they would be far better that way.Bedezee11 5m
16s I wish Blizzard would steal from Elder Scrolls Online... Seriously Blizzard stole from so many MMORPGs, ok given, normaly only after they failed, so why not try to improve your game by stealing from one that does so many things right? Things in ESO that Blzzard should steal: Singel player dungeons. ESO is full of them. Challenging Dungeons with a boss at the end and attractive rewards, either in the form of gear, gold or crafting material. Often you can find parts of a set in these dungeons. Set-Items: Just more of them. Gear that has some thought put into it. Set Items can totaly change how you play your Class and really add more unique gameplay to the game. Of course you should have to work for these, see the first point with solo dungeons. The combat system. In WoW, when a rare has a special ability its already a suprise. In ESO every mob has some ability that it warns you about, and if it hits you, its bad. really bad. That way you have to actually stay concentrated in a fight. In return mobs dont have that much health and beating them is more about skill than about having the better numbers. World Skills World Skills is what ESO calls spells and passive abilities that are not bound to class or weapon, but to guilds you can join. For example you can chosse to become either a Vampire or a Werewolf no matter which class you picked, and both come with pro and con points. As a Vampire you get strong Lifesteal spells but a weakness to fire, while a Werewolf can transform into a powerfull melee fighter even if you have a range class, but is weak to poison. Then there are different guilds that each offer their own spells for you... So many possibilities after you picked your class... If Blizzard could just copy those, they would fix so many problems with the game... And before you ask "Why not play ESO?": I have a potato PC. It runs WoW fine, but ESO is too much, especially the massive PvP Battles with hundrets of players on screen kill my PC.Xemeron70 16s
7m Morally Grey Spoilers Ahead. Is it possible to get a Blizzard definition of the oft used and memed Morally Grey? Because to my mind the recently data-mined sending of "purge squads" to Vol'dun to slaughter the Vulpera, a race based on gypsy culture to some extent, seems less morally grey and more black as the blackest night. This action is obviously a reaction to the carpet bombing campaign which the Horde launches against Storm Song Valley, and which as a Horde character you have absolutely no idea about during the story-line that you play through. No mention of part of your army being sent away, no mention of using resources or zeppelins in this way. So I'm wondering what the Blizzard writers consider morally grey, and how far has that drifted from the cultural norm?Aywen5 7m
7m RIP WoW? https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1051812677578838016 Seems pretty legit. WA would not post something if they were not sure if sub numbers are correct. Down to 1,7M players boys. I am not ranting. But man. Maybe Blizz will finaly wake up.Sinndor406 7m
7m RNG I stopped playing for few weeks and it's got me thinking about wow and it's problems . Think back to wod the game was sh#t but still playable difference between bfa and wod is simple RNG. Everything in wow is RNG and its rigged and everyone knows it's . For a quick fix blizzard try a reversing the game back to pre legion bring back pvp vendors . I don't care what they do in terms of patches until they at least remove RNG I will not be coming back. I can't stand the rigged casino style drop rate. I want be able to work toward something instead of what you put in place .Skirrid9 7m
11m What happened to the Time walking Dungeons? Not sure when it happened but at some point the scaling was changed within the time walking dungeons. The dungeons which used to take a few mins each now seem to take forever surely i can't be the only one that finds this situation weird. Old dungeons are now taking longer than low level mythics, it's no harder than before it just feels like the mobs have 10x too much health, this is not fun, its just dull. Add to this, the rewards for relative time in the dungeons are pathetically low. If they are supposed to be for catch up then the scaling should be appropriate.Temptus3 11m
11m School assignment about world of warcraft I have got a assignment from my teacher to talk about something I do on my free time, and I picked wow. If you guys could give me some suggestions on what topics I should bring up. I am stuck and can´t really think of stuff to talk about and how to explain them.Jupp15 11m
11m Is this Ninja Looting? I need your help. Today at 3 PM i entered PUG with some people to kill Zek'Voz. We killed him and 380 ilvl another DK dropped Ring of the Infinite Void but he already got better one than that and he asked us (people who need it) to roll for it. I rolled 90 and won that roll but one Monk asked to his friends to roll for him. One of his friends (Druid) rolled 93... I said that DK "That Druid rolled for his Monk friend, please dont gave it to him" but he did.. After that i asked Druid about why he did that because that happened to me 5th times in a row... Suddenly that Monk sent me link of that ring and when i looked to his inspect i saw that he wores that ring. They start to made jokes about me and kicked me from group after it. Is that ninja looting? If its, what's gonna happen to players who play alone this game? I need your help with it. Please tell me because idk how to play this game alone, people always rolling items that they don't need for their friends and players like me got nothing. Specially, sorry for my bad English.Otseola48 11m
19m Allied Race : Eredar In the escalation of war, the horde have gotten reports of a huge amount of resources transported secretly by the alliance to a hidden spot on one of the dreanei Islands. Upon further inspection the horde has noticed that the alliance are trying to boot up a new ship like the vindicaar, with it's power source being Azerite. Furthermore this ship has been going back and forth between argus and azeroth for reasons unknown. The player is tasked to lead an elite deathstalker force inside the ship without anyone noticing, find out what the alliance are doing in argus and then sabotage what they are doing. After a series of quests the horde finds out that the alliance have a base of operations in argus, with a gnome warlock as the commander in order to deal with nearby demons, the base is used to bring in supplies necessary to improve the ships functionality, and mass produce it. Everything goes smooth until suddenly you are discovered and cornered by the commander, most of your force is slain as you endure an endless onslaught of demons summoned by the commander, until suddenly. You face Jaraxxus Eredar Lord of the burning legion appears and kills the commander. You are saved by him and then taken to a refugee camp where Eredar and demons hide and learn that they have been hunted by the light-forged ever since their defeat, Jaraxxus has taken the mantle of leadership and united them, you then face one of two choices, either cooperate with the demons and bring down the Alliance base, or die. ofc you choose to cooperate. After bringing down the alliance base Jaraxxus talks to you about the horde, and seeking a new direction for his people, now that their lord is gone and they have lost their purpose they seek to live, and that the horde shares similar goals to that which they used to have, they will change their ways to match the horde, you conquer the planet and the Eredar vow to serve the horde. The Eredar get to keep Argus as their own, and deny alliance any further use of spaceships since the important materials to run them are all in argus. What do you think? We get LORD JARAXXUS, demonic space goats and have the scales of power become even more even.Hínáta9 19m
19m People think this is all to bfa Why does it feel like people think Bfa is over and forget that there are updates like 8.1 coming on the way, if you feel burned out/bored or some other reason just take a break from the game, play other games forget wow and then maybe watch a stream when the updates come out and see if you like it now or notSelendras15 19m
20m Question regardin old factions reputation? Hello, I have been trying to get exalted with some old factions. For example Arakkoa Outcasts. I searched on Google/ Youtube for ways to better farm but I kinda got a bit of a problem : I went to the Lost Veil Anzu farming spot and each mob is giving me only 1 reputation point. Is this how it should work or am I doing something wrong? Thanks! P.s same for other WoD factions that require mob farming like Sha'tari Defense or Council of Exarchs.Tahuti2 20m
21m Real reason for high reforge costs: Yea so I think I just figured out the real reason why they didn't want us reforging so much. Their reason was: ... But here it is, between the lines of their text: We don't want you to break our class system mechanics. Basically, they are happy for us to grind dungeons as it plays into their disgusting unfulfilling gambling system. They also want all of our gold. But really, I'm here as a PvPer and I have a lot of AZ gear I'm mixing and matching and finding out that in PvP these traits are all nerfed by almost 2/3's so I need to combine very specific traits for them to have any decent impact right. So I triple up on the outer most ring, then triple up on the 2nd ring, triple up on the 3rd and ignore the middle because I'll never unlock those. What I find is that combining these would lead to classes performing outside of the devs intentions. They're happy for us to grind the gear but by the time we have the specific gear with the specific traits on, the next patch will be out with a whole new set of gear... So they're preventing me from testing strong synergetic combinations of traits for my results. I want to reforge, pop into a BG, check my stats, pop out then reforge into a different combination for a better or different result but the gold costs are preventing me from doing this. They are preventing me from essentially 'breaking' my class because, frankly, that's all I can hope for as a Warlock right now as the intended gameplay is for me to never stand a chance in PvP ever.Abacabb4 21m
27m Please slow down content Blizzard...we're drowning. Honestly, are you guys catering to Duracell bunnies? I can barely keep up and I play x4 times a week! 8.1 can wait till spring, this is absolutely ridiculous, please stop rushing content - this is why people are constantly complaining about unrefined content. THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH GOING ON RIGHT NOW. Slow down or I'll have to say RIP in peace to my subscription!!!! Best wishes, ThousandaireThousandaire39 27m
30m help with server hello i chose argent dawn for alliance rp, can someone help me find rp server for horde? with alive peopleRevival3 30m
31m Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race Last thread capped. (2000 replies) Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race Since the April 26th Q&A, the discussion on High Elves has grown heated, fractured, and unproductive. In an attempt to restore a structured course of discussion to continue efforts to show support for High Elves as a playable race, this thread will dissect the response given by Ion Hazzikostas during the Q&A regarding High Elves. By this we hope to not only create reasoned discussion, but focus it within one thread to restore the forums to the more peaceful state it was prior to the Q&A. To begin with, the question and reply: ... ... We'll look at the first part of the answer to begin with. PART ONE: BLOOD ELVES ARE HIGH ELVES ... This is nothing new, though the nature of the reply leaves much to be desired. It is widely acknowledge by all players, those in favor of High Elves and against, that the different eye color and relationship to the Sunwell is at the heart of the difference between Blood Elves and High Elves. No one disputes this, nor is it a point that needs to be disputed as it is the similarities between the two races which makes their unfolding story of conflict with one another both organic, and interesting. That said, there is a clear logical fallacy in the words, "But if you want to be a fair-skinned, light, blonde-haired, tall, majestic, elf... That is a Blood Elf." This is like saying, "If you want to be a purple-skinned, muscular, white-haired, tall, majestic elf... that is a Night Elf." As one can immediately surmise, that description also applies to Nightborne, a Horde allied race. Did the Alliance have a monopoly on that appearance as this reply would seem to suggest the Horde has a monopoly on the appearance shared by High Elves and Blood Elves? The answer is no. Why should the Horde be given this preferential treatment over the Alliance? Why should the Alliance lose it's night elven aesthetic to the Horde, but the Horde maintain a monopoly on the Thalassian aesthetic? There will never be an answer to that question which will be acceptable. The box was opened with Nightborne. It cannot be closed. The Horde has no right to preferential treatment over the Alliance. The scales may not always be balanced between the two factions, but in this case, there is no reason to leave them tilted. PART TWO: THE BLURRING OF FACTION LINES ... First and foremost it must be stated clearly: Players do NOT want Blood Elves, when they're asking for High Elves. Players want the Silver Covenant, the Highvale Elves, the Alliance Expedition High Elves. They don't want Magister Umbric or Archmage Aethas, they want Vereesa Windrunner and Auric Sunchaser. High Elves have been a part of the Alliance's story for so long that there is no blurring of the lines between the two factions with their addition. If anything Void Elves blurred the lines by taking the edginess thematic of the Blood Elves and serving it to the Alliance with an actual group of former Blood Elves, rather than the Alliance's own loyal High Elves. We do have a clear example of who or what the High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. The Silver Covenant has been the face of the High Elves since Wrath of the Lich King. If the Developers feel this is not enough, then it is time to focus on that identity until it has reached a point of satisfaction. Many players are satisfied with High Elves as they exist right now. If Blizzard isn't, then it is upon Blizzard that the quality is brought up to the point they desire. It has been noted in this reply that distinction between the two factions is important, especially with faction conflict being prominent. There is no greater symbol of the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance than that of the Blood Elves and the High Elves. Orcs vs. Humans may be the core of the conflict as the major identities of the Horde and Alliance, but Blood Elves vs. High Elves represents the spirit of it. They epitomize this conflict in ways both artful and subtle. Despite having so much in common, there is a brutal shared fear, paranoia, and even hatred which is based entirely in the perspective of each side, which perfectly mirrors that of the greater Horde and Alliance factions. There could be no better race to make playable in an expansion about faction conflict than the High Elves considering this. The conflict between High Elves and Blood Elves has reached such incredible relevance that it's become the ideal analogy, as powerful an image of the conflict as the ages old Orcs vs. Humans. One could go so far as to say the absence of the High Elves neuters the quality of faction conflict. Horde players have complained they feel no real attachment to the upcoming conflict, that they feel like villains rather than protagonists. Through these forums alone we see the conflict already between factions, just on the topic of High Elves. Horde players express their desire to wipe them out, Blood Elf players describe them as traitors, bringing up the Purge of Dalaran. It's the ultimate expression of faction conflict condensed to one single, easy to add Allied Race. High Elves have done more to galvanize faction conflict than any other Allied Race could. At this point it is criminal to leave them out for any reason. If you won't add High Elves for the Alliance, at least do it for your Horde players to finally have a target they feel legitimized in attacking. PART THREE: THE HORDE IS WAITING FOR YOU ... Considering how the previous part of the answer raised the issue of faction blurring, this reply is singularly self-defeating and antagonistic. The Horde should not be waiting for players wanting to be High Elves. The Horde should be sharpening their knives in anticipation of facing these players. By suggesting players seeking to play as High Elves should instead join the Horde, this reply is encouraging a blurring of the faction lines. Not only that but the reply is insulting and once again, brings up the question raised from the first part of the reply. "If you want to play a purple-skinned, white-haired, tall majestic elf, the Alliance is waiting for you." Except its not. The Horde has those very same options. The Alliance doesn't have a monopoly on them. Why should the Horde have a monopoly on, "fair-skinned, light-haired, elves?" It shouldn't. CONCLUSION: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE The final words of this response are perhaps the most legitimate. Anything is Possible in the Future. High Elves are possible in the future. Well, they should be more than a possibility. They should be guaranteed. The Horde has no right to monopolize a specific aesthetic anymore than the Alliance does, and the fact this was alluded to as an acceptable answer to the matter is nothing short of ludicrous. Speculation can be offered on the nature of this highly unsatisfactory answer. Perhaps the most probable is that it is too early to simply state that High Elves will come. Other races haven't yet received Allied Races to expand on their own customization (Gnomes, Worgen, Forsaken, Goblins, Night Elves, and Blood Elves), and Void Elves still need to find their place in the narrative. Certainly discussing adding High Elves right now would marginalize players who genuinely approve of Void Elves, and players waiting to see what is in store for them and their favorite races which haven't yet received new customization through Allied Races. The above having been said, there were better ways to answer the question, but at least it ended with a kernel of hope for players still awaiting High Elves. Perhaps the greatest criticism about this answer, however, lays in how uninformed it is in regards to discussions had by players in what they would like to see with a High Elf Allied Race. In short this post shall conclude with a question to those working on World of Warcraft at Blizzard themselves: Why ask we, the players, what we would like to see for Allied Races, if you will reply as if you never listened? EXTERNAL LINKS High Elven discord Legacy of the Quel'dorei ... Wowhead Weekly #159: Perculia and Anniefuchsia about the Ion's answer to High Elves ... Wowhead article about the High Elven discussion ... Taliesin & Evitel Do Games - "How BfA Is Ruining EVERYTHING: High Elves, GCD & Personal Loot" ... The Alurna Manifest of High Elves ... Destiny of the Quel'dorei survey (vote) ... Destiny of the Quel'dorei survey (results) ... Compilation of the High Elven fan-made arts to customization options ... All versions of the OP are saved in this Google Drive folder ... High Elven Community FAQ ... This text was created by Alurna@Moon-guard and had it's HTML changed by Pontifice@Azralon. Edit: Title was changed from High Elves as an Alliance allied race to Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied raceLeolamin4055 31m
38m Should Raider.IO be BANNED by Blizzard? Addons like Raider.IO are killing the community and the game immersion. I m a normal player. I play 1 h -3 h /day . I raid with guild when i can. I do arenas and bg sometimes. The thing is with m+, I only did 2 or 3 key of 6, usualy 1 per week to get some loot from chest. But now i can t find a group even for a 4( I have 362 ilv from raid and some pvp.) i m asked to have. Rio points. I asked a guildie and told me about the addon. It saddens me. The addon encourages to judge people just by a number. What do u think about it?Lunarsense542 38m
43m Playing older expansions after hitting level cap? Hello everyone, I'm a new player and I have a question regarding all the expansions - I understand that there are level caps for every expansion, and also the dungeons become invisible in the Lfr after hitting that level cap, but can I play for example the Wotlk storyline when I am at level 100? Thank you in advanceEthfel10 43m
46m Blood Elf Heritage https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/798787.jpg You guys like? I think it looks very coolHennal42 46m
47m How to play WoW in 2018 Log in once every 3 days, do your Emmisaries and log out. Log in once a week, do your +10 and the weekly expedition and log out. Log in on Wendsay, open your chests and log out. I was afking infront of Uldir for 2 hours, waiting for a guild alt run, on my main, because I feel no satisfaction in anything except raiding. Dungeons were supposed to be created for M+, yet affixes like Sanguin in WCM, TD and Motherlode, Bolstering in Shrine and Teaming + Fortified in any dungeon are definitely not tought of. Add to that the stupidity of personal loot trade restriction, the RNG of sockets, Titanforge and the general randomness of gear drops (yes, I'm looking at you Balefire Branch) pushes me away from any type of hard or farmable M+ content. So what should I do? Expeditions? No thank you, not in their current state. Warfronts? You can not loose a Warfront, nothing else need explaining about that design. World quests? After I got revered with Champions of Azeroth, there is no real point in chasing rep. What is there left? Exploring? Have you seen the rewards in the treasure chests? PvP? Maybe, but I'm not good enough and I don't like doing content I suck at, knowing full well, I'll never be a decent PvPer anymore, as I'm closing 30 and my reaction time is a lot slower than younger players. I have 17 days left and I'm not sure I will resub after. The game is not made for players like me anymore, who wants to log in and play the game. Every single aspect of it is designed to be done once a day, or once a week.Rezista83 47m
47m Biggest Noob moment in your WoW life? Decided to make one of these threads on EU forums after reading through the one on the US cause I'm sure we EU players have a fair few of these stories. And the only one here before is not necro worthy haha My best one was levelling this Paladin in BC as Ret (First noob mistake! Woo 1 button spam :D) and I got to lvl 30 and joined a group for Scarlet Cathedral I think it was. Well the shield dropped at the end of the run and I thought it was amazing so I rolled Need and won it. The tank was a bear iirc so nobody complained and I went on my merry little way with this new shield thinking sweet I'm not gonna die anymore. And it let me equip it. (seems I had been running with a 1H sword for about 10 levels already) so I thought this was the way to go. I stayed 1H and Shield as Ret until after level 60 and I changed to prot.... Things took forever to die as Ret 1H! What about you guys?Sethsantra80 47m
50m Grievous overtuned? Hello healers, how was your experience with grievous today? :) I personally hated it. Compared to last weeks affixes it felt like it went from normal to hardmode.Lime31 50m
52m The comunity has heart I'm in a world of Warcraft group on Facebook and I came across a post today that made me really happy, one that shows how the wow community cab be amazing with you may not hear that much tbh. Below is the story of a guild and a person that has day to day struggles but has the support from his guild in a beautiful way. (This is not my story) Almost two years ago I found a guild from this group. I have a number of health issues that affect my gaming abilities such as brain fog from Fibromyalgia and constant, Chronic migraines. I also had a stroke this past March which has left me with some mental deficits and radically slowed my response times. Before BfA hit I talked to my GM, who also has Fibromyalgia, about raiding and being afraid I'd be too much of a hindrance. She quickly alleviated my fears and said I was absolutely wanted on the raid team. We're currently stuck on Mythrax and I was planning to ask for some help because I'm just struggling to both DPS and keep moving (I'm a Boomkin). Two of the guild officers got together and made a macro for me that puts my entire rotation on a single keybind! They've tested it and consistently gotten 7-10k with it. My GM approached me tonight about it to see if I was interested in using it. They made one for her to help with her Fibromyalgia and it works great for her. She was honestly afraid I'd be insulted. Instead I cried with gratitude. I am SO blessed to have found such an amazing guild! If you're on EU Azuremyst or Stormrage and looking for an amazing guild that does mythics and raids and is super helpful to ALL members check out Dragons of the Dynasty! They've made my WoW experience AMAZEBALLS!Cjhunter2 52m
56m What happens to people who complain about r.io? Naturally, they pay for a boost and then we have this: https://prnt.sc/l6soug People with 0 experience, 0 nada, no nothing demanding super high score, or rather, way, way bigger score than they have. That's why I have no sympathy towards anyone that complains about r.io. They only complain about it because they wanna be spoonfed 'cause they're bad and as soon as they get a key on their hands from getting boosted, they start asking for score, so they switch sides as long as it's no longer a problem for them. Hypocrites. Threads that condemn r.io should be banned and the people who make them too, for such a lack of respect and wearing a mask.Trophee97 56m
1h Hallows End items disappear on relog Restarted my game to update an addon, when i logged back in my broom, masks and treats had all disappeared, collected a couple more to test another relog and they all disappeared aswell Is this happening to anybody elseFirebeardz3 1h
1h All my Azerite are ilvl 370 Yet the world quest is giving me 355.. My ilvl is 357... Why?Menz9 1h
1h 8.1 release date speculation So When do you lads reckon that 8.1 is coming outFrasiyav43 1h
1h Mag'har orc heritage armor not given after 120 ? I changed the race of my monk and after this no heritage armor quest appeared, neither the heritage armor itself did not appear in my tramsmog options. Anyone else has this issue ?Ragebrew28 1h
1h Faction Inbalance Hi there, First of all i want you to know why this is important to me. A few years ago I started on a new server because the faction balance on my old server was no longer bearable for me. My faction was outnumbered 1:100 (not even kidding) and thus i left, with a heavy heart, four max level characters behind and started on a new, well balanced server, namely the PVP-server "Blackmoore". I didn't want to join "Team winning", i wanted to have a nice balance between the factions. Now i want you to have a look at the following picture: https://imgur.com/a/DwwMuYB On the left side, you can see faction balance state in legion - pretty much 50/50, like it should be. On the right side, however, this image shifted dramatically in BFA. For every two alliance members there are now THREE horde players at max level. With Warmode on, it is even worse, because as soon as people realize they are outnumbered all the time, they deactivate it and make the inbalance even bigger. This inbalance is also self-enforcing on a server level. People don't like to be on the losing team over a long period of time and if they have the option (which most people have) they will just join the winning faction after a while (aka faction change). Now, if you are some cool kid which is thinking "WE WON THE WAR LULZ" you have to realize that this is harmful for both sides of the fence. Enemy players add to the flavor of the world. It makes it living and breathing because it adds forceful encounters with smart individuals where you have to give it your very best to survive. For someone like me it's either boring on the winning side (because it is not a challenge) or painful on the losing side (because i get outnumbered). The opposing faction consists of paying customers which pay for your features and experiences as well. People will faction change sometimes, yes, but a lot of them will just quit and lower the subscriber count. Maybe even to a point where Blizzard decides this game is no longer sustainable. I don't care if you are Alliance or Horde. We are all human beings. So stand up for your fellow gamers of all factions and make your voice heard for balanced servers! We all benefit from it in the long run! Do something before it's too late.Raiev78 1h
1h 8.1 raid starting at 370 ilvl LFR Isn't this a bit high? 370-385-400-415 kinda makes doing Uldir pointless.Fernalia42 1h
1h April Fools Blizzard Patch Notes (2006) Hello everyone, i came across this post on US forum and thought i should definitely share this here: ... Link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769547464Radjin12 1h
1h Any other returning playing actually having fun? I was last able to play WoW about the start of Cata, bar a brief stint in Myths before locking myself out of my account until recently. While I have not had to endure years of similar content, I have been blown away at just how beautiful BFA is. I've been upgrading my PC with secondhand parts, which have allowed me to play this game at a really high settings. While there are some features that I've not really warmed to and yet to explore fully, I've been blown away at how far the game as come since I last really seriously played in WotLK. I've really been enjoying the game so much and think the world building and storylines have been really interesting. I had been playing Final Fantasy 14 for just over a year before starting WoW after all the years away. Any other returning players been floored by how good the game seems to what they remember?Felìx26 1h
1h Big changes 8.1 https://www.wowhead.com/news=287975/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28151-achievements-and-class-changes-new-azerite-blood-dk-ne I see lot of changes. Explosion shot for hunter, finally... And really lot of changes to classesLightdagger10 1h
1h Character progression Any plans for leveling progression from 90ish to 120? One talent really isn't enough and the leveling only seems to be there for gearing and story - but none for character progression tool-wise. Damn, even another talent would be great. From here it's rant. If you're going to read it, I am sorry for the grammar. It feels like the system needs and overhaul. You need to level 15 levels for one talent, and you get less and less skills the higher you go. No fun. I play as blizz intends me to play, the "it's for the experience and story", but even then they're forgetting that this is a game, and leveling/progression is one of the aspects for many players to play. What would be interesting are visual effect unlocks on your skills. Something to fill the void between whole expansions where you gain nothing except the reward of more leveling for nothing. I really wouldn't want a skill to be divided in 2 and calling them two different skills, like many "skills" are (passives). In overall I think this game lacks the fun and pride in gaining levels, and feeling as your character is mastered by reaching the cap. If the cap was 60, then the current skills and talents would make sense. But when you spread them out from 1-100 (oh boy one talent after like 10 levels), and have nothing from 101-120, it makes me want to quit playing after I reach 105, as I am finished with the character. The story quests are not as fun to play after Pandaria as most of them are pointless world-quests, so the only thing left is world-exploration in the visual department. In either way, I feel like blizz just isn't taking the responsibility to make this game fun in one of its cores, which is progression.Ve11 1h
1h Blizzcon is near, will Ion get boo'ed on stage? What do u think?Pralinek43 1h
1h WoW Forum threads from 2005 Let's remind ourselves how wonderful and friendly place WoW used to be in 2005. Things were great, Blizzard listened to the community, lots of good feedback, ahhh the game was good back then! Nothing like the negative, toxic community behavior we have today. Taken from NA forums, credit goes to Alisiaa-Wyrmrest Accord: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769677531#post-1Rusputin4 1h
1h When Will new raid come out? Is Therese any date yet?Páludan4 1h
1h Timewalking question is there faster way farm timewalking? 35 per dungeon isn't enough. i don't have other character except this and one other, so i used already 500 timewalking points. i need to get waterwalking mount so i have like 55 rep to buy which is 100~ dungeon. the call of arms tank/heal reward are temp not frequent enough.Kbire9 1h
2h Veteran point system Hi all, I know bfa is kind of in a bad place right now. I've not yet experienced the game in the light of a horde toon but I don't think it will make a difference. Still I love this game and since it's a hobby me and the Mrs have together I would love to see something like a veteran plan point being created. Basically I spend around 240 euros a year (not counting exp packs every 2 or 3 years) and my daughter has started playing on a free account (free up to lvl 20 chars with some restrictions) so soon it might become 360 euros a year give or take. How great would it be if Blizzard would value its paying customers with something extra (crazy right). Not talking about something completely out of the extraordinary. My idea would be that a single month of game time would grant you like 10 points, 3 month 40 points and 6 months 80 points (Blizzard could figure this out but for the idea sake let's take my points as an example). So every month and depending on the sub you have you are granted with a pre defined number of points. What can they be used for? Whatever services wow has:name change, faction change, wow token etc. Off course you won't be able to get to use the points every month as you would need to save a few of these points in order for them to be used on the most expensive services. This could be used on our benefit given that we receive a bit of an extra but also Blizzard could see this a way to retain some of its subscriptions. Obviously no player will stay because of this but it might make some of the users to pay for longer subscriotions hence given blizz more time to unscrew their latest game choices. Also another neat thing would be a family and friends packages. This could work as follows: Account 1 pays 100%price Account 2 pays 75%price Account 3 pays 50%price More accounts would only pay 50%. How do you prevent random strangers from using this exploit in order to pay less? I'll be honest, no idea. But I can't come up with everything on my own. And let's face it it's about time they drop the subscription price for once (I know I know... It will never happen... Activision will have to pay dividends to their shareholders right? So screw the community.. But I digress). So what do you guys think?Omega5 2h
2h Water striders are ugly and I am sick of seeing them! SO any chance you can just make all mounts have this effect IF we have already got the water strider and IF we are in a no fly zone. Just to actually make the other 99% of mounts have the same usefulness and so we dont just see Water Striders 90% of the time in no fly zones. If nothing else, it would be more interesting and give more of a chance to see cool mounts you do not have yet. I mean locking such useful utility behind one mount in a game that has hundreds of cool mounts is really really silly.Quinnthalas54 2h