General

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
15 Nov World of Warcraft Forum Upgrades! As some of you may know, over the last several months we've been implementing new forums for a few of our titles, including Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, as well as BlizzCon. These new forums allow you to more easily navigate current topics, encourage more constructive discussions, and reward positive contributions to the community. We are now ready for World of Warcraft to transition to these new forums. This Thursday, November 15, the current World of Warcraft forums will be going into maintenance starting at 17:00 CET. We estimate this process should take approximately 8 hours. Note: We will be migrating over any active threads from the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible. Once maintenance is complete, the old forums will remain available in read-only mode for the foreseeable future, so you’ll be able to easily reference back to anything that wasn’t automatically transferred to the new forums. Here’s a few of the new features we’re excited about: Tracking and Updates • The Blizz Tracker has returned to help you quickly find official posts • You can now easily find threads that you’ve previously viewed • Better text formatting • Threads now update in real time without needing to refresh • Threads now infinitely scroll – no more navigating page by page • The forums will also remember what you’ve read and where you left off! Sorting and Search • A new “Advanced Search” feature will make looking for older posts easier • You can now sort posts by “Top” or “Latest” with configurable timeframes. Notifications • You can now enable notifications for when you are tagged in posts and replies Flagging • The “report post” feature has been upgraded to a flagging system with multiple optionsAerythlea13 15 Nov
14 Nov Zandalari & Kul Tiran Allied Race Update We’ve discovered two errors in our original communications regarding which classes would be available to the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Allied Races. We’re in the process of updating those communications now, but wanted to call your attention to two important corrections: Warlock was incorrectly listed as an available option for Zandalari at the What’s Next panel at BlizzCon. The Zandalari have no connection to fel magic, and will not be able to be Warlocks. Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage. We apologize for the confusion that these errors have caused.Lore68 14 Nov
14 Nov Post if you want to make some in-game friends (pt2) My original thread https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16069776854?page=1 has finally reached its posting limit. Therefore I'm redoing it. Let's face it, we all need friends in-game, whether it is to try for mutual achievements, daily HC's, LFR, PVP, WQ's etc, to ask someone if they can lend a hand with a problem, or even just to say hello to someone and chat once in a while. So if you'd like to make new friends, simply post in the same format as below. (Note, DON'T list which sex you are as it could lead to unwanted attention, likewise, DON'T give out your email address). About me: Age: 30+ Personality: Laid back and mature Side: Horde only Chars: Rogue: (DPS) Spec: Combat only (I do have an Alliance rogue as well, but its sole purpose doesn’t involve gameplay) Playing time: (at the moment) Mon-Tue, Thu-Fri: 1pm – 3 pm, Wed 1 pm onwards. Sat-Sun, on most of the day Up for: Helping you out if required and it's in my character's ability to do so, HC’s LFR, ach’s (inc Raids (new and old), HC and PVP) etc. Other interests: Many. Battletag: LadySylvanas#2676 (To add a battletag and request being friends with a person, either A: In the Battlenet client, left click on the blue person icon at the top right, it will then open up a sub column. In the top left, click on 'add friend', it will then prompt you to type (or paste in) the battletag of the person you want to be friend's with. Then click on 'send request' at the bottom left. B: In-game, left click on the yellow 'social' icon towards the bottom left of your screen. It will bring up a sub screen. Enter (or paste in) the battletag and press 'add friend'.Lswindrunner360 14 Nov
08 Nov A Message from J. Allen Brack Blizzard community, Today has been a swirl of emotions. First, I feel a deep sense of gratitude to Mike. His work on some of our industry’s most iconic games is the reason I came to Blizzard. Not only is he an inspiring leader, but he’s also been a wise and patient mentor to me during my time at Blizzard. And he’s been a good friend. Joining the World of Warcraft team and my favorite game company nearly 13 years ago was an unimaginable dream. Now, to be chosen to lead Blizzard into the future is both a huge honor, and a tremendous responsibility. To do that, I’ll have the help of dedicated and talented Blizzard employees around the world who all share the same mission we have always pursued—to connect and engage the world through the most epic entertainment experiences, ever. Each of us is influenced by Blizzard’s values and a player-first mindset, which serve as the foundation of our company. With these beliefs at the core of everything we do, we’ve been able to deliver great games across different genres and platforms. And there is more to come—we’re working on more games now than at any point in Blizzard’s history. As I transition from leading a development team to the entire company, I’ll also have the support of our team of experienced leaders at Blizzard. I’m pleased to announce two additions to our executive leadership team who will be instrumental as we move forward. Ray Gresko, a 10-year veteran of Blizzard who helped create both Overwatch and Diablo III, is now our chief development officer. Allen Adham, Blizzard’s original founder and lead designer of World of Warcraft, will join the executive team while continuing to oversee development of several new games. The knowledge and experience that Ray and Allen bring, in addition to the talent already on the leadership team, will be indispensable in helping move Blizzard into the future. One thing that won’t change going forward—our deeply held commitments that are core to who we are as a company: to gameplay first, to quality in everything we do, and to listening to and partnering with our community. BlizzCon, the IRL representation of our connection with the community, is just a month away and it’s a time of the year that Blizzard employees look forward to the most. And as usual, we have a few surprises. I want to close by thanking Mike for 27 years of amazing work: I am looking forward to your wisdom and guidance in your new role. And thank you for everything you’ve done to help create the company and the games we love. J. Allen BrackTaepsilum41 08 Nov
08 Nov Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Battle for Azeroth A new patch means new tweets from the World of Warcraft development team! This thread is an archive of @WarcraftDevs tweets regarding the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch and release. ---- @WarcraftDevs is an official World of Warcraft Twitter account offering design insight and information directly from the World of Warcraft Development Team. For past updates, please refer to Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Patch 7.3.5 & BFA Beta.Aerythlea114 08 Nov
07 Nov A Message from Mike Morhaime Dear Members of the Blizzard Community, When Blizzard’s founder Allen Adham first invited me to join him in creating Silicon & Synapse (our original name), nothing could have prepared me for the amazing adventure that we would share for the next 27 years. Our original mission and values consisted of four simple words that formed our foundation: “We make great games.” We crafted that statement before we had even released our first game, but we were committed to living up to it. After many years of working with some of the industry’s most talented people to create games and worlds for you to play in, I’ve decided it’s time for someone else to lead Blizzard Entertainment. I will now serve as an advisor to the company I so love and admire. My duties as president of Blizzard will be assumed by my friend, colleague, trusted advisor, and longtime steward of World of Warcraft, J. Allen Brack. J. is an inspiring leader who has shown unwavering commitment to Blizzard’s community in his 12 years with the company. His leadership on World of Warcraft leveraged his vision, creativity, and commitment to quality, and together with the rest of the dev team helped deliver an experience that is unprecedented in our industry. I couldn’t be happier for J. and know that Blizzard will continue to make great games with him at the helm. I am grateful to all of the hardworking and talented people at Blizzard for their dedication and creativity. Their belief in our mission and care for our players has helped Blizzard reach greater heights than I ever could have imagined. I am also grateful to all of you in the community. We have been through so much together. Not only have you been with me through many of the greatest moments and biggest triumphs of my life, but you have also been there through some of the most difficult. I am fortunate to have been able to meet many of you in person, while the many messages, emails, Tweets, Reddit discussions, and forum posts have provided an unbelievable connection as well. Even Twitch chat. It has always brought me joy, comfort, and inspiration to see the beacons of brilliance, voices of reason, and the passion that exists and evolves every day in all of our communities. When we started Blizzard we just wanted to make great games. What we realized is that the games we create are really just a framework for communities and human interaction. When we look back, what we often find that’s most lasting and meaningful from our experiences in games are the relationships we create and foster. You have given me the inspiration and drive to pour my heart and life into what I do. I literally couldn’t have done any of it without you. We have created these worlds, but you have given them life, through your passion, fan art, cosplay, videos, and in so many other ways. I truly believe that this amazing community has the potential to be a shining light to the rest of the industry by setting a positive example of inclusivity, tolerance, and acceptance toward others. In the words of one of Blizzard’s core values: remember to always play nice; play fair. I know this community is capable of changing the world. It has been an honor to serve this community for over 27 years, and I thank you for your many years of support. I look forward to being a member of the community alongside you. See you on Battle.net! Your fellow Blizzard gamer, Mike MorhaimeTaepsilum44 07 Nov
15 Nov Rogue's Shroud Needs to go. Its a Powercreep to the most blatant level. No other DPS provides such utility. Rogue shroud is not a bonus anymore, the community perception made it into a mandatory necessity and they overshadow all other melee DPS classes in small group content, because of it. There's no real trade-off here, they simply HAVE it as a bonus and it's on a relatively short CD. Currently the absolute best compositions for 5 Man content ALWAYS includes at least a single Rogue and a single Demon Hunter. Solutions: Disable it in Ranked Content (M+) Increase the CD in Ranked Content Have it on a talent row. Give more minions and monsters the "True Sight" ability against stealth. As it stands, rogues stand above and beyond all melees in all the available content losing in absolutely nothing.Zeleik15 15 Nov
15 Nov Make Zandalari Warlocks again It's been nearly a year and I've been expecting, somewhat childishly, for my Zandalari Warlock with her new heritage armor. Maybe most of the player base will laugh at me but it's a dream for me. Or it was, until blizzcon. Blizzard did something unexpected they removed warlock as a playable class from Zandalari trolls. And why? I seriously don't have an idea, at least not without being sinister. This is a screenshot from blizzcon's: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=3#image=WOWNXT:31 . And now blizz removed the warlock choice from the zandalari trolls. I mean there are a lot of problems with this game maybe it's not even important for you but I require an answer; Why don't Zandalari Trolls become warlocks?Inkarnatus234 15 Nov
15 Nov Shrine M+ tips and tricks? Hey guys, since my group got 2 +10 Shrine keys this week we would love to accomplish a timed run, but it doesn't really seem a great dungeon given the current affixes (fortified + teaming + explosive seems a bit overwhelming), but we haven't tried yet. Any tips from more exp'ed people?? On last boss, since we have a DK tank, I'm thinking about let a rdps (hunter or mage) get the whispers debuff first to oneshot orbs when multiple adds spawn..not sure if this gonna make the first second phase too long for tank/healer though. How do you deal with that boss?Frexor10 15 Nov
15 Nov Freedom of speech Do blizzard know what that means ?Ethunsgar17 15 Nov
15 Nov polling system WOW I think we all know blizzard is out of touch with the community right now they should ad a polling system in game so if the community actualy want a change they can vote if they want things removed or not like masterloot and stuff it should have been asked before removing it it realy feels like they dont care at all anymoreMajix15 15 Nov
15 Nov Formal request for an off topic forum Well here goes. I would like to request an off topic forum like the US forums has, where we can talk freely about things not related to WoW and not be vilified for it but "some" users who try to act like the forum police when it is not their job. A place we can talk about topics such as the loss of the legend Stan Lee in peace. Is their any chance this can be made to happen? I know a lot of people who would appreciate it.Zadrid10 15 Nov
15 Nov Female pandaren Update female pandaren run animation, looks like we have a thistle up our !@#$.Nikità2 15 Nov
15 Nov They claim to have balanced War Mode? Spy addon history shows levelling as Horde from 110-120 questing only with war mode on? 4 Alliance encountered the whole time. Yes Ion another lie! Bit like saying "Diablo Immortals was well revived" on the investors call (I could swear I heard booing). Bit like rushing out BFA so your quarterly earning could be spun to show amazing results for Blizzard (I mean screw it actually being ready). Bit like when you said Priests, Shamans and Prot warriors needed major mechanical changes to them, and wait 4 months for 8.1 only to do numerical changes a hot fix 4 months earlier could achieve. A bit like "We realise we dont communicate enough and will change this" (like you said 2 expansions earlier), and lets be honest? All that happened is us being told your right from the Ivory tower. If people dont believe sub count as a metric, why was it such a good metric when it was at 12 million? but now after years its hidden? Ion is out of touch with players he is great at profits and spinning bull to investors, there is no Blue representation on the EU forums outside of deleting topics they dont like (prob this one). Well censor away, it's your job you loose when the game is no longer financially viable according to investors, and your getting closer to that by the day. I mean a multi Billion $$$$$$$$$ company and they cant even get a new forum launch right and on time, perhaps mobile is the best thing for them?Tinytrippin27 15 Nov
15 Nov ARMS WARRIOR SUCK(PvP) Arms Warriors suck in PvP unless they have a healbot, change my mind. The class needs quality of life improvements, more self sustain and a baseline stun. My other more detailed post on what Arms and Fury needs. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624623698Cactusjackts47 15 Nov
15 Nov Dungeon Deserters for Pug Groups Everyone hates Pug groups due to toxic players who lead players to leave after one wipe. Most players understand that leaving a group is a gamble and doesn't gurentee you'll enter a better group. Not allowing people to "wipe and learn," is just another hinderence to the social aspect of the game (Something old school players will understand.) This is also a major issue within Keystone Dungens. For example, I entered a +4 Shrine group where we made it "with no flaws or deaths" to the second to last boss, we wiped a 5% remaining, the tank became toxic and left??? Bringing the Dungeon Deserters buff to pug groups would atleast make an indivisual think before they leave. There are also other method that may work to resolve this, for example... If group creators could see how many times a player has abandend a group prior to inviting them, would help create more successful groups. The abandend strikes can also reset every month to give the deserters a chance to clean up thier act.... What's your thoughts and suggestions?Taurnimator31 15 Nov
15 Nov Draenor tier 1 garrison Is there a point to level 1 garrisons? I have one small empty plot but I can't build anything on it. I've looked online and it seems the only way to get level 1 blueprints (and all of them at once) is to get the tier 2 garrison, which also increases the amount of plots. So why is there that tier 1 garrison with that 1 small plot where you can't build anything because you don't have any blueprints? Is there another way to find level 1 blueprints somewhere? Vendors seem to only sell level 2 and 3. Just wondering.Catberry4 15 Nov
15 Nov is there a wc3 forum? been getting into wc3 again and i kinda need a forum to learn from. anyone know a link?Penya2 15 Nov
15 Nov Gnome or worgen Making a warrior, like the idea of these two races, gnome would give me this immersion of crazy small metal ball of death and worgens just look vicious and brutal in plate. Would of gone human or dwarf but the idea to me is so generic it bores me.Butterbean20 15 Nov
15 Nov Why moderator is blocking my post about asmogold Blizzard has askd asmongold to leave live stream on blizzconGenjimainx12 15 Nov
15 Nov Removing old content breaks stories even more. Hey there. I know most people propably just enjoy the latest expansions whenever new comes, but for example somebody story driven like myself or a new player, the games storyline gets broken more and more each expansion. For example the jumps from 1-60 Cataclysm events back in time to either Outland or Northrend, which both still live in past, then jump back to Cataclysm events. This might be confusing to new players who start from beginning, like what the heck happened to start the events that lead to Northrend or Outland. I was just starting the Caraclysm story again the first time ever on Alliance character(I have been always playing Horde), and noticed that i just disappear from Stormwind docks and appear in the wrecked ship in the bottom of the ocean. Wheres the trip there and the actual wreck i never experienced from Alliance side. I have read excuses that it was buggy and so forth. Buggt rhings usually need fixing, if they are part of the games story, not removing. I also hear that Vash`Jir now has less quests that it actually had at the time, and is now without real beginning or end. Very bad if it really is like this. I also hear that the trip to Twilight Highlands is a "poof" trip too. No more introductory quest or trip there. I have read, that fixing the park broke that introduction, but it should have been fixed, not removed completely. It feels like Warcraft has way too many subscribers since it can just remove things and make quality less than it was. The stories that lead to current events are part of the game, not something that can be removed sinmply because many peoiple think it as old and not relevant. New players and strory driven may want to experience these events still. I would rather have them fixing the story content before making anything new.. Or just scrap the damned thing and make Warcraft 2 with storyline that is consistent with everything the whole game experience. EDOT: These introduction quests/trips and such might be annoying the second time, but the best option alwats is to give players option to just skip them if they want, not remove them.Gregori8 15 Nov
15 Nov You're Ideal Allied races So you get a email from Actiblizzard saying you get to decide the next allied races for wow, no restrictions at all. If its a warcraft race it can be playable. What races do you pick? The OG in me would say the classic, Ogre/High elf for the horde and alliance. But id have to go Vulpera/Sethrak, narrativly speaking they seem the most logical choice.Annallusion53 15 Nov
15 Nov Do I #HAVETO# grind AZERITE??? please answer. I was so hyped to get BFA, I even made a Youtube channel which was doing quite well for the beginner. But all the Hypes and Promises to fans "died out" once Ive hit 120 and with it all the fun. I do not wish to be negative but I feel like im really really Forced to grind Azerite in order to progress..? Why cant I just get normal shoulder, helm and chest piece like in some previous expansions and try to find better one later on in the raids and stuff? But no, I HAVE to grind Azerite in order to upgrade 3 of those all the time othervise you are bad in stats and wont get any raid or mythic invite. Or am I wrong? I just want it to be NORMAL like in LK. Ding max level, do dungeons, hop into raid. No need to grind some random stuff if you really don't want too. I mean I don't "NEED" to grind azurite but it does not seems to be other way to get you raiding. No harshness or hard feelins but I just kinda feel disappointed :(? But it is my faulth cuz I should have informed more before purchasing it I guess.Pãarthurnax17 15 Nov
15 Nov "Abuse the system" - M+ (a game) So let's play the following game. Instead of crying about what should be done, let's do the following. I've been inspired by the famous game dev tycoon piracy protection (which is hilarious if you never heard about it) and players actually came up with ideas how to make the "game better" not knowing they are trying to patch the game from themself... So... Create a punishment/reward for M+ key deserters/good players. And the last player who comments should abuse the created system. For example: Idea: "Let votekick slackers" How to abuse this: "my premade group will just votekick everbody for fun" How about instead: "guarenteed loot for every 5th finished dungeon where you didnt left" And next commenter quotes the "How about" above and make a contra to show how it can be abused and create a better rule (or tries to...)Kraivanah7 15 Nov
15 Nov Bring Back the Old talents tree Ghost explained back in the day that the choices with the old talents tree are always narrowed to 2-3 cookie cutter builds and one or two fun-builds !! Well the situation is much worse from my pov today as at most you have one build with one row to change from cleave/aoe to ST per spec. And i can't even call this a build as you don't have the freedom to the empowering level you want from each talent, because no points system and no multibranching. Of course cross-spec have to stay if they ever bring it back as it gives the most interesting depth to the system. I can't find any person who can explain why the actual one is better expect for the devs to easily balance classes which in end of the day is not a goal itself rather than a journey while the ultimate goal is "fun". Feel free to upvote if you agree for visibility hope (i know EU forums have little to no chance in that regards but can't post in US :( ) Feel also free to explain why if you disagree. PS : the actual Talent system also killed hybrid classes o blizzard have no choice than make them OP or otherwise they are useless for guilds or have zero fun on them, but this is not a solution.Kinetik112 15 Nov
15 Nov World of RNGcraft 8.X or How to Get IONFORGE items Half of the top ten most geared players in WoW according to Wowprogress.com are 385-390+ ilvl with NO High End PVE content and no rated PVP experience at all. The top 2nd character killed Mythrax just five days ago, no rated PvP at all, but topped the ilvl chart with 390.6 ilvl for two weeks. Or another one, just 3 Mythic bosses, but all items from them are 395 ilvl. That’s how the Titanforge RNG system works. How ironic, Blizzard, isn’t it? :-)Olisse52 15 Nov
15 Nov Portuguese request to Blizzard honour Stan Lee in game From the Portuguese comunity to @Blizzard - Request to Stan Lee to be Honored in game Hello dear Blizzard, Sadly and as you might know, Stan Lee past away. He was the creator of a big universe which filled a gap in our childhoods (and for most it went far beyond that) when it was time to play, have fun, draw, to use our imagination, to create, to amuse, to "think outside the box", to be a better person ... and so on. He created heroes from the simplest and humble characters and allowed us to accompany it progress to the grandiosity they became. Just like our own chars in WoW and many of the main NPCs from the lore. You (Blizzard) gave us something like him, the ability to create, imagine, dream and became our own heroes. We are admins from a major Portuguese group of WoW in Facebook, and we ask in behalf of the remaining members in our group: Could you create an in game "tribute" for our "hero" Stan Lee to be honored? We believe he (and we) is worthy. The Admins from: World of Warcraft: Comunidade Portuguesa https://www.facebook.com/groups/wowcp/Shrekinha46 15 Nov
15 Nov Looking to join an RP realm I've been wanting to leave Nordrassil for a while, taking all my 3 characters with me. I really hate the fact that I can see people from different realms, so I was wondering if there's any realm RP realm which only has people of that realm on it.Scrawny9 15 Nov
15 Nov I want to play in AU Azeroth I know everyone's going to hate me, but I really, REALLY want to play in AU Azeroth and see how Lordaeron was in the past, but with WoW graphics.Leinadh15 15 Nov
15 Nov NE heritage Armor? Will we get the NE heritage Armor, Blizzard? https://goo.gl/images/Sps3HrVannse32 15 Nov
15 Nov trashes !@#$ u allSeshsadboy2 15 Nov
15 Nov Nightwarrior - druidforms Does anyone know if the nightwarrior skin will affect the druid models for example give them dark eyes? Would be awsome af. Especially since no new forms seem to be dropping this expac :(Lilliva23 15 Nov
15 Nov LFG in instance I don't know if this resonates with anyone here but I think it would be nice if LFG content (daily heroic, arena queues and such) did not teleport you out of instances. Personally my gameplay would be a lot improved if I could for example do old raids for mounts while queuing arena. The fact I have to choose between them is an unnecessary chore. I am sure they could program this.Daddyghoul0 15 Nov
15 Nov Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race Last thread capped. (2000 replies) Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race Since the April 26th Q&A, the discussion on High Elves has grown heated, fractured, and unproductive. In an attempt to restore a structured course of discussion to continue efforts to show support for High Elves as a playable race, this thread will dissect the response given by Ion Hazzikostas during the Q&A regarding High Elves. By this we hope to not only create reasoned discussion, but focus it within one thread to restore the forums to the more peaceful state it was prior to the Q&A. To begin with, the question and reply: ... ... We'll look at the first part of the answer to begin with. PART ONE: BLOOD ELVES ARE HIGH ELVES ... This is nothing new, though the nature of the reply leaves much to be desired. It is widely acknowledge by all players, those in favor of High Elves and against, that the different eye color and relationship to the Sunwell is at the heart of the difference between Blood Elves and High Elves. No one disputes this, nor is it a point that needs to be disputed as it is the similarities between the two races which makes their unfolding story of conflict with one another both organic, and interesting. That said, there is a clear logical fallacy in the words, "But if you want to be a fair-skinned, light, blonde-haired, tall, majestic, elf... That is a Blood Elf." This is like saying, "If you want to be a purple-skinned, muscular, white-haired, tall, majestic elf... that is a Night Elf." As one can immediately surmise, that description also applies to Nightborne, a Horde allied race. Did the Alliance have a monopoly on that appearance as this reply would seem to suggest the Horde has a monopoly on the appearance shared by High Elves and Blood Elves? The answer is no. Why should the Horde be given this preferential treatment over the Alliance? Why should the Alliance lose it's night elven aesthetic to the Horde, but the Horde maintain a monopoly on the Thalassian aesthetic? There will never be an answer to that question which will be acceptable. The box was opened with Nightborne. It cannot be closed. The Horde has no right to preferential treatment over the Alliance. The scales may not always be balanced between the two factions, but in this case, there is no reason to leave them tilted. PART TWO: THE BLURRING OF FACTION LINES ... First and foremost it must be stated clearly: Players do NOT want Blood Elves, when they're asking for High Elves. Players want the Silver Covenant, the Highvale Elves, the Alliance Expedition High Elves. They don't want Magister Umbric or Archmage Aethas, they want Vereesa Windrunner and Auric Sunchaser. High Elves have been a part of the Alliance's story for so long that there is no blurring of the lines between the two factions with their addition. If anything Void Elves blurred the lines by taking the edginess thematic of the Blood Elves and serving it to the Alliance with an actual group of former Blood Elves, rather than the Alliance's own loyal High Elves. We do have a clear example of who or what the High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. The Silver Covenant has been the face of the High Elves since Wrath of the Lich King. If the Developers feel this is not enough, then it is time to focus on that identity until it has reached a point of satisfaction. Many players are satisfied with High Elves as they exist right now. If Blizzard isn't, then it is upon Blizzard that the quality is brought up to the point they desire. It has been noted in this reply that distinction between the two factions is important, especially with faction conflict being prominent. There is no greater symbol of the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance than that of the Blood Elves and the High Elves. Orcs vs. Humans may be the core of the conflict as the major identities of the Horde and Alliance, but Blood Elves vs. High Elves represents the spirit of it. They epitomize this conflict in ways both artful and subtle. Despite having so much in common, there is a brutal shared fear, paranoia, and even hatred which is based entirely in the perspective of each side, which perfectly mirrors that of the greater Horde and Alliance factions. There could be no better race to make playable in an expansion about faction conflict than the High Elves considering this. The conflict between High Elves and Blood Elves has reached such incredible relevance that it's become the ideal analogy, as powerful an image of the conflict as the ages old Orcs vs. Humans. One could go so far as to say the absence of the High Elves neuters the quality of faction conflict. Horde players have complained they feel no real attachment to the upcoming conflict, that they feel like villains rather than protagonists. Through these forums alone we see the conflict already between factions, just on the topic of High Elves. Horde players express their desire to wipe them out, Blood Elf players describe them as traitors, bringing up the Purge of Dalaran. It's the ultimate expression of faction conflict condensed to one single, easy to add Allied Race. High Elves have done more to galvanize faction conflict than any other Allied Race could. At this point it is criminal to leave them out for any reason. If you won't add High Elves for the Alliance, at least do it for your Horde players to finally have a target they feel legitimized in attacking. PART THREE: THE HORDE IS WAITING FOR YOU ... Considering how the previous part of the answer raised the issue of faction blurring, this reply is singularly self-defeating and antagonistic. The Horde should not be waiting for players wanting to be High Elves. The Horde should be sharpening their knives in anticipation of facing these players. By suggesting players seeking to play as High Elves should instead join the Horde, this reply is encouraging a blurring of the faction lines. Not only that but the reply is insulting and once again, brings up the question raised from the first part of the reply. "If you want to play a purple-skinned, white-haired, tall majestic elf, the Alliance is waiting for you." Except its not. The Horde has those very same options. The Alliance doesn't have a monopoly on them. Why should the Horde have a monopoly on, "fair-skinned, light-haired, elves?" It shouldn't. CONCLUSION: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE The final words of this response are perhaps the most legitimate. Anything is Possible in the Future. High Elves are possible in the future. Well, they should be more than a possibility. They should be guaranteed. The Horde has no right to monopolize a specific aesthetic anymore than the Alliance does, and the fact this was alluded to as an acceptable answer to the matter is nothing short of ludicrous. Speculation can be offered on the nature of this highly unsatisfactory answer. Perhaps the most probable is that it is too early to simply state that High Elves will come. Other races haven't yet received Allied Races to expand on their own customization (Gnomes, Worgen, Forsaken, Goblins, Night Elves, and Blood Elves), and Void Elves still need to find their place in the narrative. Certainly discussing adding High Elves right now would marginalize players who genuinely approve of Void Elves, and players waiting to see what is in store for them and their favorite races which haven't yet received new customization through Allied Races. The above having been said, there were better ways to answer the question, but at least it ended with a kernel of hope for players still awaiting High Elves. Perhaps the greatest criticism about this answer, however, lays in how uninformed it is in regards to discussions had by players in what they would like to see with a High Elf Allied Race. In short this post shall conclude with a question to those working on World of Warcraft at Blizzard themselves: Why ask we, the players, what we would like to see for Allied Races, if you will reply as if you never listened? EXTERNAL LINKS High Elven discord Legacy of the Quel'dorei ... Wowhead Weekly #159: Perculia and Anniefuchsia about the Ion's answer to High Elves ... Wowhead article about the High Elven discussion ... Taliesin & Evitel Do Games - "How BfA Is Ruining EVERYTHING: High Elves, GCD & Personal Loot" ... The Alurna Manifest of High Elves ... Destiny of the Quel'dorei survey (vote) ... Destiny of the Quel'dorei survey (results) ... Compilation of the High Elven fan-made arts to customization options ... All versions of the OP are saved in this Google Drive folder ... High Elven Community FAQ ... This text was created by Alurna@Moon-guard and had it's HTML changed by Pontifice@Azralon. Edit: Title was changed from High Elves as an Alliance allied race to Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied raceLeolamin5321 15 Nov
15 Nov Third faction, would you join? Alarak style emperor, Could be Kel'thuzad, Lich king himself, one of the four horsemen or a new entity. Featuring Cult of the damned, San'layn, Dark Worgen, Improved undead ( nathanos type ), zombie trolls ( remnants of Zul'drak ), Improved abominations ( big race, tauren sized, thaddius looking ) and undead vrykuls as races Faction is imperialistic, more organized than the scourge very powerful and has their own interests, stand in our way and die type. Controlling lordaeron, all the way to eastern plague lands and down to arathi highlands with other parts of the world such as Icecrown, gundrak etc. Light's hope chapel has finally fallen, so is the remnant crusaders in scarlet monastery. Faction strikes a deal with the horde which cannot afford a war on a third front to leave Ghostlands and eversong woods. The alliance are bitter, they want their lands back but can't afford to fight a war on a third front so they strike a deal with them to keep stormgarde keep, and allow any alliance remnants to leave safely. Reason for the deal is if not for it the horde and alliance will probably team up on them. Faction is morally grey leaning heavily into morally black, their leader has a desire ( Could be arthas like view that if everything is undead, no one can beat them, If they're all undead they will all be united ) that he wants to reach and as Emperor they all fall to his will and do whatever the leader wants, the leader is super strong and calculating. During the chaos the faction becomes so strong to be an equal to the alliance or horde in power, which strikes fear in the factions that should one attack them the other will make sure to use the opportunity to make use of this and annihilates both factions, essentially putting all three factions in a stalemate. Battle grounds will be revamped to include the faction in a lore friendly way but none game breaking.Hínáta10 15 Nov
15 Nov Connect/merge realms, please The situation on many servers is dire for at least one faction. And it's not even because of BFA drop off, it's been an issue for years. If I remember correctly, devs were saying that they're testing some new technology to address these problems, but nothing has been done or announced. And it's not the issue of not seeing lots of people in the world - I think we all got used to sharding at this point and don't really care about the world (which is bad, but that's what we have). The issue is that plenty of realms have no real choice in terms of guilds. We hang on to whatever is left, but that's often a mix of people with different goals. Blizzard - you're trying to preserve this game, but you don't even touch a problem that lots of servers have. And counting on them to pay a thousand $ to transfer their full list of chars is not a good move either. Don't we pay enough alreadt to play it and expect an actual care for our fun? Blizz, do something already.Ishodin21 15 Nov
15 Nov Why is boat so far for horde? Ally fastest way to get to get from war boat to portal room: 30 second walk. Horde fastest way to get from war boat to portal room: 1. Dalaran Hearthstone 2. Portal to Cleft of Shadow 3. Portal to Great SealWizzflux26 15 Nov
15 Nov Heirlooms 120 Where are the updates on heirlooms for 120? I have read about leveling changes etc etc for 8.1, we have got some peeks at 8.2, no mentioning about Heirlooms being pushed to 120. When do we get them? Wasn't it around this time in legion that we got them?Waffle2 15 Nov
15 Nov Give the option of paying real money to skip Pathfinder Just an idea but it would generate massive revenue. Give players the option of flying from the start by paying somewhere in the region of $100 to $200 to totally skip pathfinder. I took a break of more than two years after WOD playing on US based servers and returned hoping that things had improved re flying. I hate questing and only ever did the dailys needed for rep for raid enchants / gear. It really is depressing to have to face the ridiculous amount of quests not to mention the other inane tasks just to be able to fly in order to do daily's quickly. In BC, Lich King, Cata, and Panda you could fly once you hit max level, I don't see why this can't be returned. Forcing content on people is a great way of losing players and IMO the whole flying thing caused a mass exodus during WOD. Why the developers continue to force this on players is beyond me. I'm only back playing a week and I'm already depressed at the thought of the number of quests that lie ahead. Perhaps it is time to at least give the option to pay real dollars to get out of doing it? Edit: Grammar and SpellingMsspellman244 15 Nov
15 Nov Why Horde & Alliance can't communicate with each other? We've been living in the same world for quite a while. How come none put the effort to learn the language of the other faction? How can a Night elf understand a Dwarf and vice versa. How can an Undead understand a Tauren. it would be fun to implement an achievement or a specific context where Horde & Alliance players can talk with each other. want to know your opinion. at least i know what kek meansZinghai67 15 Nov
15 Nov Why is timewalk filled With people who pay no attention to anything at all? Pulls the whole corridor, doesn't use damage mitigation abilities or CDs so I'm out of mana when the pull is dead. He pulls next pack with me only getting to drink like 2 seconds, manage to heal it with like no mana and then he instantly runs to next packs, pulls it and wipes the group because I didn't have time to drink because combat didn't drop instantly after the previous pack. How do these people make it past low levels even? Why are they even allowed to queue for group content? All they do is ruin groups when they play like this.Yannila40 15 Nov
15 Nov Off-spec items are hard to come by I want 1-handers so I can play a bit of Frost eventually (I like it more than unholy), so I can utilize the easy respec system. But then again, off-spec items are ridiculously difficult to come by. I've just managed to scrape together two heroic dungeon level 1h. But then, to get the 1h needed, I need to set my loot spec to Frost. That's nice and all, but wth does that even do? Is any plate item considered any spec for DK? Or does it prioritize stats somehow? What if I would get an upgrade to my main spec's weapon, do I not wanna use Blood spec when I open weekly mythic or pvp chests? I opened the PvP chest yesterday, I got a decent 355 2h. That's nice, but I don't need it, and I had already unlocked it for transmog, and I have a better weapon. But how am I to know when it's safe to set my spec to frost? What if some crazy warforge happens again, as it did with my current 2h weapon? I don't wanna risk getting higher ilevel for Frost spec, when blood is my main spec. How are you supposed to knwo when to switch to Frost spec? The daily quests does maybe once a month offer any item that is needed by off-spec. I still have a random green BoE drop shield on my Arms warrior! You used to be able to need roll after you made sure no one else in your dungeon or raid needed some item for off-spec, but I can't so I'm stuck with 1h-ers 40 ilevels below my main spec, and I dare not swap my spec for weekly mythic chest in case the RNGods are with me and I get some sweet warforging going on. What am I to do? Has anyone figured this mess out yet?Litti2 15 Nov
15 Nov Plz nerf mythic+ It's way too hard for all these new players to do mythic+, Blizzard. Sure it's really fun for players who can handle higher keystones and know their class utilities, but frankly the game is not about us high-end players who want to push keystones. It's about the new players and the casuals who are too lazy to read up on how dungeons and mobs work. Please nerf it back to Legion where interupts and dispells weren't as important as they are now. Oh and also can you please nerf titanforging? A player should not have the chance of getting a mythic Uldir piece of titanforged gear from doing a normal mythic dungeon, world quest or anything else. Titanforges should have a cap to prevent all these clueless new player to think they're entitled to do high-end content when they clearly CBA to read up on tacticsPetorital70 15 Nov
15 Nov loot specialization makes no sence this expansion So ive been playing as holy paladin, and had loot specialization as holy paladin. Yet though, i now have a lot better tanking gear, then holy gear. Here is why : ive been grinding a lot of mythic +, raided every week, did my 385 crafting etc. Yet though, i keep getting haste/mastery gear, haste versatility gear from my weekly mythic chest, over and over again, and same goes for the crafting gear, also the amount of holy gear in raids are so bad. As holy paladin i need crit, as much as i can, not haste! Is this just the result of the stupid RNG this game has become? why do we have loot specialization, if we keep getting the wrong stats? Other that have the same problem? Is it gonna be changed??Dynamiteheal4 15 Nov
15 Nov Leveling changes in 8.1 They are greatly reducing EXP needed to level up, which is good and will ease up the grind (mostly 60-80 is horrific but leveling overall got unnecesarily long post 7.3.5) But simply nerfing the XP across the board will not fix the underlying problem. You will STILL spend like 3/4ths of this leveling process in ancient content that's dull, boring and very, very outdated. This is the main issue, at least for me. I enjoy leveling in WOD, Legion and BFA. These zones have modern questing systems, such as bonus objectives, rare mobs and exp giving treasures. What I would advise for is to change leveling process dramatically, by using only two recent expansions to level from 1 to 120. To hit level 120 you would need to do Loremaster in all Legion and BFA zones (if you only do quests that is). Leave this very old content for achievement hunters. Or for...Classic. Yeah, Classic. Enjoy having to kill 30 mobs for just one quest? Go play Classic. Also, imagine if you are a new player and want to play something other than you used your boost on. You are faced with this menial grind through very old content, it will be 30 hours until you hit any fun questing. And the modern questing really is much more fun than pre-Cata.Esubane27 15 Nov
15 Nov Connecting servers So I've been wondering if we have any information about when the next set of server merges/connections is going to happen. I'm currently on a low-pop/new-player server and recruting new people there is quite time consuming, and I can't imagine I'd be the only one who has this problem.Khada1 15 Nov
15 Nov Is the Forum Update US only right now? Or will the EU Forum follow right away? Just asking, because its kinda pointless to open new topics when they get locked in a few hours anyway...Xemeron18 15 Nov
15 Nov Yet another change that is... "Bursting When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 5% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks." Bursting was change from 10% to 5% Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=288624/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28440-class-changes-enhancement-shaman This is yet another change that very clearly shows blizz has no clue about where the real issue is. Bursting Imo was never an issue, comparing to foritifed, explosive timers i.e how fast they spawn compared to legion and the most broken affix imo Grevious. WHEN will you start tuning what we ask for and give feedback about? For gods sake blizz srsly. This shows very clearly that you youself never play this game. "Internally, there is a talented team that runs Mythic+ dungeons and provides feedback. Sometimes things get through, but community feedback usually results in a fix." Source https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/? Ye right, the changes you keep making to this broken game, clearly shows you do not play this game yoursleves, and dont listen to the proper feedback that we give you. This has been said by the community for years, and is now proven! In a year you will see Ion writing some post about "You guys were right, we are sorry, bla bla bla" just to do the same thing next expanssion. At this rate im not even sure if its blizz that are to proud and stubborn to admit they are wrong, or just to blind to see the issue and listen to the feedback we give them.Capon15 15 Nov
15 Nov World of Diablo MMORPG I know I am probably not the first with this idea butttttt: if I was in charge of Blizzard... I would create World of Diablo. A more grown up version than World of Warcraft with nice difficulty and dark creepy and long dungeons. Really make you feel like you went on a dark scary adventure when returning to the safety of town. Intense weather effects like pouring rain and lightening or just foggy with bright moonlight. Everywhere you go there is the sense of danger and dread and it is for you to make the world a little bit better. I would create the game to be more focused around the leveling experience itself rather than only endgame. I would give the impression there was no end to leveling and thus not making it the goal to hit max level. Leveling would get slower and slower and players could get into max level content without being max level. Levels would just make life a little bit easier but it would mostly be about the gear. Ofcourse higher level would be somewhat of a power increase. Think of it a paragon levels but just slower and not a extra after hitting max level but just be levels. If I was Blizzard with all my money and a huge crowd of WoW players looking for the next big thing and Diablo players looking for something new in the Diablo franchise this would surely be a massive succes. I have no doubt about it. I already know quitte a few people who would die to play a game like this. Well just sharing my topic here, a man can dream right? Cheers.Drenthar14 15 Nov