General

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
1d Post if you want to make some in-game friends My original thread http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6492950450?page=1 reached its posting limit. Therefore I'm redoing it. Firstly, please, when posting your info, press the "REQUEST STICKY" button towards the top right side of the page. If it gets enough hits, it will then be considered by the moderators to be pinned to the front page as a sticky. Generally, when a thread moves off the 1st page, it is harder for other people to notice it. So by pressing that button you are being courteous to others (maybe even absolute beginners to WoW) who may wish to use this thread at a later date than today to try and find in-game friends themselves. Thank-you. Let's face it, we all need friends in-game, whether it is to try for mutual achievements, valor cap HC's, LFR, PVP etc, or to ask someone if they can lend a hand with a problem, or even just to say hello to someone and chat once in a while. So if you'd like to make new friends, simply post in the same format as below. (Note, DON'T list which sex you are as it could lead to unwanted attention, likewise, DON'T give out your email address). About me: Age: 30+ Personality: Laid back and mature Side: Horde only Chars: Rogue: (DPS) Spec: Combat only (I do have an Alliance rogue as well, but its sole purpose doesn’t involve gameplay) Playing time: (at the moment) Mon: 12.30pm – 4.30 pm, Tue 12.30 pm – 7 pm, Wed and Thu 12.30pm – 4.30 pm, Fri 12.30 pm – 7 pm, Sat and Sun, most of the day. I do play in the evenings Mon-Fri too, but I simply never know just how much Russian-English translation work I need to do until I receive it, so evening playing time is very erratic. Up for: Helping you out if required and it's in my character's ability to do so, HC’s for cap, LFR, ach’s (inc Raids (new and old), HC and PVP) etc. Other interests: Many. Battletag: LadySylvanas#2676 (To add a battletag and request being friends with a person, either A: In the Battlenet client, left click on the blue person icon at the top right, it will then open up a sub column. In the top left, click on 'add friend', it will then prompt you to type (or paste in) the battletag of the person you want to be friend's with. Then click on 'send request' at the bottom left. B: In-game, left click on the yellow 'social' icon towards the bottom left of your screen. It will bring up a sub screen. Enter (or paste in) the battletag and press 'add friend'.Lswindrunner724 1d
7h Updates from @WarcraftDevs Patch 7.1 & 7.1.5 A new patch means a new bunch of tweets from the World of Warcraft development team! This thread is an archive of @WarcraftDevs tweets regarding patch 7.1. ---- @WarcraftDevs is an official World of Warcraft Twitter account offering design insight and information directly from the World of Warcraft Development Team. For past updates, please refer to Updates from @WarcraftDevs - Patch 7.0.3. Aerythlea234 7h
16 Feb Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista Starting later this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, the games will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule, and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game. Aerythlea0 16 Feb
11m Price Changes for Certain WoW Services We carefully review the prices of our games and services in all currencies on a regular basis, and we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions. Considering this, we’d like to let you know that we’ll soon be adjusting the European prices of some of the optional services available for World of Warcraft. The new pricing, detailed in the list below, will start on April 5. Subscription prices will not be affected. In advance of these price adjustments, certain services will benefit from a 25% discount from March 23 to April 4. You can find more information on this promotion here. Price from April 5 - EUR Name Change - €10 Helms - €15 WoW Token - No change Character Transfer - €25 Race Change - €25 Mounts - €25 Premium Mounts - €30 Pet & Mount Bundle - €30 Faction Change - €30 Guild Transfer - €35 Guild Faction Change - €40 Character Transfer & Faction Change - €55 Character Boost - €60 Guild Transfer & Faction Change - €65 Aerythlea539 11m
09 Mar Recent Action Against Real-Money Raid Clears We’ve recently taken action against a number of accounts that were actively participating in and/or advertising the sale of in-game raid or dungeon clears in exchange for real-world currency. Such behavior is a clear violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use. Of the players affected, many were members of top raiding guilds. We want to be clear that everyone we’ve taken action against had illustrated full knowledge and intent to violate the Terms of Use. Going forward, in order to ensure fair play and competitive integrity, we’ll be monitoring these activities much more closely in order to make sure that the rules are being followed. This includes selling services for real money, account-sharing, and other violations. Note that while selling assistance with obtaining items, achievements, PvP rating, or other in-game benefits for real-world currency is against the Terms of Use, selling those things in exchange for in-game gold is perfectly legitimate. Players should not feel as though participating in a “gold run” is going to result in negative action taken against their account. If you see people advertising these services, please help us keep the game clean by reporting them. If you’re unsure, here are some common warning signs: A “broker” is offering to match buyers with service-providers. Commonly, a broker will collect real-world currency from a buyer while offering gold to a guild or group that will actually provide the service. Someone offering a service is unwilling to discuss terms of payment via in-game tells, and insists on using a non-Blizzard application to communicate. Also note that Patch 7.2 includes some improvements to our reporting features to add clearer categories for reporting listings in the Premade Group Finder. We’re disappointed to see members of the raiding community participating in behaviors that clearly violate the Terms of Use, and want to be clear that such activities will not be tolerated.Meozeldian1 09 Mar
24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 16/02/2017) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
4m 25% off Services, Who Moving?? Anyone planning to faction change or realm transfer with this discount limited to april 4th?? Im really thinking about moving to alliance, my horde paladin. I would love new fresh start, anyone else :D ??Chubaccaa7 4m
6m Getting disappointed of Blizzard's greediness This is not a thread about the price increase of optional WoW services. This too, but I rather treat it as the final straw of a problem that I feel it exists for a long time. I'm not sure anymore that we're valued customers. Are we, indeed? But first, the good things. Because there are good things Blizzard needs to be applauded for. To put it simply: you get for what you pay. Yes, you do. Things work as intended. And even if I have certain complaints (like, ticket response time), I love that the game masters are cheerful and always willing to help. I've always been glad to fill the questionnaire, when Blizzard asks for feedback after a ticket. It's nice and I do it, because I want to improve the service. But the problem is that while we get nothing less for what we pay for, we also gain nothing more. Of course, I'm NOT implying that Blizzard as a company is obliged to do so. But when I look at certain free2play games (some of which I play), I can't do anything but wonder how certain discounts and perks are offered on a regular basis, and it works for certain companies - both the company and the player is happy. Blizzard hasn't adopted this mindset. I can't remember when was the last time when Blizzard offered something that felt rewarding for veterans and loyal customers. If I recall correctly, The Annual Pass was the closest thing to that - pay in advance, you get Diablo III and beta invite. And even that was executed poorly. Beta invites were sent out in waves, and players who were here from Vanilla times felt neglected because much recent players got beta access sooner than them. Again - loyal customers who didn't feel valued. The WoW token is another notorious examples. After certain players demanding for legally buying gold without goldsellers, and other players desiring a free2play model, this was the compromise... And it doesn't work for an important portion of both gold buyers and free2play players. The fluctuating price means that the gold buyers won't purchase a WoW token unless they feel they'll obtain enough gold for their needs. And as for some of the free2play players, the high price is simply inaccessible. Congrats to Blizzard - they implemented a system noone is happy for - gold sellers still exist. So why was it implemented? Because it works for THEM, the company, and not for us, the PLAYERS. The WoW token costs more than a subscription, so in the end certain people play for free, others get gold, and Blizzard reaps the reward. So in the end, I do wonder if Blizzard still values their customers. I'm starting to lose faith in thisPerpeto24 6m
6m Its about time Blizzard Hey So having played the game for 10 years now , and have experienced its ups and downs like most others , i have noticed a lot of things has changed some to the better and some just made things worse. It has truly been a crazy ride talents,classes,questing style and pvp nothing stayed the same...Not that it should,however somethings have stayed the same in a suborn old fashion way things that simply does not fit in modern day its just OUTDATED if i may say... Blizzard has pushed with a great force to be on the global market and to feel and look as modern as possible but could it be truly modern if its core values are old fashioned and outdated!!? i guess not.... so what am i talking about? I am talking about Reps,mounts,achievements,toys Its truly outdated and against all norms to ask players to re-do an experience they have already done especially if that experience required much dedication and time just to get a toy to work, or a mount to ride or even a weapon skin its truly an outdated way of thinking and rather backward.... Dont get me wrong... i like tough challenges and hard earned achievements in fact i have many legacy-modern very tough achievements. Moreover i consider my self as a semi hardcore player i have 12 level 110 , however i truly never see my self repeating a reputation grind, or a long quest chain that i have experienced on another character. having to grind a reputation from neutral to exalted just to be able to use a toy is purely insane and belongs in the 1990s way of thinking and precieving games. to truly embrace and pursuit the global path you have set yourself to. you also should consider modern day standards and the modern individual mentalities. Do grant this beautiful community B-net Mounts.achievments,toys,mogs, and everything we have deserved and earned. not asking for something we do not deserve , just things we have already earned and worked so hard for. dont expect mature, educated and beings that function with common sense to go on repeating stuff over and over again, that just degrades how you look at us as a community and what you precieve us as kind regardsDruidboom26 6m
7m What healer should I play? Hello everyone! I decided that I want to main a healing class from now on because I'm terribly bored of DPS! I'll mostly be healing mythics and the occasional raid from time to time, I don't really have interest in PvP. But besides healing I'd also love to be able to do solo content, so it's important that the class can also do world quests without much problems. I just returned to the game so I hope anybody could give me some advice! I excluded Druid by the way!Laeneya0 7m
12m PSA: Champion armor for 7.2 Come 7.2, class hall champions will be able to reach ilvl 900! However you need the new tokens for it, as the old ones will only work up to ilvl 850. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=136412/heavy-armor-set Heavy Armor Set Item Level 1 Binds when picked up Use: Increases a Champion's item level by 5 levels, up to level 850. All of the current armor sets, common, uncommon and rare have had an 850 limit added. There is a new renamed trio of common, uncommon and rare champion armor items, bulky, spiky and invincible that works up to 900. So its a good idea to change to the armorcrafter in your class hall, while there still is time to research the 3 day change before 7.2 to have it ready, as you want to start researching the new class hall upgrades asap. As all the class hall missions will be upscaled towards requiring 900 for the best ones.Bloodwrath5 12m
24m Playable Nightborne - you want? So we see the posh older half of the night elves in the new nightborne elven race - evolved highborne night elves who have remained in the night elf empire culture and state unruined and preserved over 10,000 years. The only remaining of the night elven groups to have held on to their arcane roots without falling into ruin. They're powerful magicians bringing the high intellect, formidable magical power and force, with culture and enlightenment the night elves brought to the world before the first invasion of the Legion. While the Kaldorei shy away from involving in the affairs of others and the world (unless its a threat), the nightborne offer a sharp contrast to their ancient kin. Prefering to live in majestic cities the night elves built before the sundering instead of a quiet secluded existence in forest glades. Favoring arcane magic very strongly rather than being overly cautious, despite their commonality as night elves (or elves of the night) kaldorei and their shal'droei kin could not be more different. Whiles i think a new kind of night elf is very welcome as i was getting tired of only having druids as the only really visible path of that race, restoring the night elven arcane group gives the opportunity for a new race, a different kind of night elf. Questions: Who do you find cooler, more badass of the two night elven races? Kaldorei or Shal'dorei? So... would you want to play as a nightborne elf? Would you prefer them as a full race or a sub-race? If you're horde, would you like nightborne also available? or you've had enough of elves on the horde? Do you prefer nightborne over night elves?Adding a second night elven race would be amazing, the night elf empire has such great lore to it and is filled with huge fantasy themes unique to this group and not seen anywhere else. The moon and star focus of the magic, the night culture and the obvious touch of mysticism Elune the moon goddess brings to an otherwise very intellectual group - gives it a very different feel to the blood elves and humans - especially the scale of this magical empire. It would have been a real shame to never have let us experience it, and i think bringing this part of night elven history to the present in the nightborne should stay and play a major role in future affairs. I feel it should be allowed to do that as a playable race. My vote: Playable Nightborne for 8.0Kalibas16 24m
31m Fox mount This isn't an angry whine thread but a sad one. When I came into legion there were 2 things I was super excited for. The artifact (which I still love. so cool. much amaze), and the llothian prowler. Take my legendary, take my gold, take my onyxian drake, and experiment 12-B (I think its called that), take what you want, but let me get my foxy. And please let it be before flying is in the game. Knowing my luck I'll get it the second we wont want land mounts. But I was so hyped for the fox mount that I spent hours killing foxes trying to get the fox kit pet to drop (it did, yay) so I could have a little baby fox running behind the big one. It would be so cute and awesome. (I called the fox kit Dirk btw, he is my buddy). Please Blizzard? I'm sure we can come to some arrangement ;) *winks suggestively*Melchior68 31m
37m Help with research :) How does WoW make you feel - do you feel that you belong in a community? Do you collaborate with other players? Has playing WoW affected you IRL? Playing games can evoke strong emotions; even more in MMORPG where you may also feel part of a virtual society. I am a WoW gamer myself and now a PhD researcher in Edinburgh Napier University. I am mainly interested in community practices, meaning and collaboration in World of Warcraft and I would really appreciate your input! The questions are open so feel free to reply any way you think is appropriate. Thank you!Gilthoniël11 37m
45m Multibox ruins PvP So this guy in my battleground is dominating the whole game. He controlls atleast 90% of the Alliance team, atleast 12+ characters making this a VERY one sided and unfair game. I'm all for multibox but it should not be allowed in PvP and most not to this extent. https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/17426084_10210850667615733_3585916154429326382_n.jpg?oh=65fd8ad7b14743688f1eb9cf946a6742&oe=5957A5D2 and https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17434604_10210850667575732_8310550415539215535_o.jpg?oh=6f9094b0277b82f16084fc8477758c8b&oe=5969C226 is screenshots of how many accounts he is controlling at once in isle of Counquest. I'm not much for name and shame but at this scale it's very unfair advantage and should not be allowed.Àthelia31 45m
46m STOP Saying RNG, it's an algorithm The loot system calculates when you started (time served) and what your ilvl is then decides if you meet the criteria for a good or bad item - so it is not just a single randomised event. Once you meet this criteria for either a good or bad item (which is, as mentioned above, a pre-determined process) THEN the system selects from a pool of items and this is the part that is randomized, however that randomization will also be consistent given the former selection. It's as plain as the nose on your face! So, if you just joined the game today you'll be a very lucky player for the short-term and so your drop rate for good items will be high. However, if you had been playing same character for months and are a high ilvl then I'm sorry the chances of you obtaining anything useful are much, much slimmer. It's a form of catchup (for new players/casuals/rerollers) and a delaying process (for the hardcore/fulltimers). It would appear that those who benefit most would be the casual/new players. Whether you think this is fair or not is another matter.Venger50 46m
58m What happens when you have all legendaries? Currently im missing only one legendary (have all specc specific ones and missing one class specific) and im wondering what will happen after i get it. Am i going to get duplicate legendaries or none at all if i keep the same loot specialization? I know that the easy answer is "just switch your loot specialization" but i do not want to get frost or blood relics when i need unholy ones. Same goes for trinkets (if i change it to blood).Adlian43 58m
1h Sunrise in Azeroth Hello, Just recently I noticed that the Sun rises from the West in Azeroth. At least, I witnessed that in a number of zones. Is it how it works in Azeroth, I mean in lore etc.? Thanks.Eom6 1h
1h WQ's which 3 are up? Hey I am farming a specific faction for rep, and was wondering how the timers work. Anyone know if i only clear the faction i need, will it "spawn" again or is there some sort of rng involved between the factions? I rather not clear all of them, and only work on the one i need. Why i am asking.Hiimom6 1h
1h Fel fire for Warlocks, what about other classes? Don't misunderstand the thread name here. Warlock got green (fel) fire for some of their spells, but first they have to go through a quest. Anyway, what kind of things could other classes get in the future? What kind of visual appearance could, let's say, a Warrior get on his spells? You get the drill, any ideas?Korgosh12 1h
1h Sargeras, End-game boss, Next Expansion? First of all heya!, there is a few things i've been thinking about!, as a huge Lore fan, it does not make that much of sense, and would love if someone from blizz could make the things clearer, so first of Sargeras So what i can't figure out about sargeras, look at this picture http://imgur.com/a/3LZSw here is he around the size of the Nathrezim, and on this picture http://imgur.com/a/jtsJT can we see him Cleave a Planet in half, how?, like how did he Get so Tall? if he only were at the size of demons? End-Game Boss in Legion So if i'm not misstaken so will we kill Kil'jaeden in the T-Nether as we did with Archimonde in WoD , but in the 7.2 Trailer so did we see that Kil'jaeden spoke to Sargeras himself, and if he is Bigger than a Planet Why did we not see him at argus? if thats where he * supposedly * Should be as it's the Burning Legion's Planet * Former Eredar planet *, is he in the Nether?, if so why would we go to Argus in 7.3?, and didn't blizzard say before that this is the biggest Legion Invasion Azeroth ever had and that we would stop the Burning Legion once and for all?, so what is it to stop if Sargeras himself isn't at Argus, like how do we stop the Legion once and for all? Next Expansion my Thoughts So i don't know if this is obvious to everyone, but Il'gynoth said the following - The King of diamonds has been made a pawn This is Obviously Magni Bronzebeard, but listen to the following lines! - Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path This would most likely be the 5 Pillars of creation right? - The lord of ravens will turn the key I would say this is Khadgar, i know there is more options out there but listen All of these 3 lines together would make sense Magni is now a pawn to N'zoth or the unnamed old god, he tells Khadgar about the Five Keys * aka Pillars of Creation * and that it will be the only way to save Azeroth from the Burning legion, and Khadgar Really wana Stop the Burning Legion once and for all, so why shouldn't * The Lord of Ravens turn the key *, we Will go to Argus and try stop the Legion once and for all and return to What Exactly?, as i asume that we will use the * Keys * Pillars of Creations in The Tomb of Sargeras? Anyone have any Thoughts about this?, if so please share it!, as a big fan of the Lore, i would love to hear what you players think!Shínjo3 1h
1h Vulkan renderer or dx12 in future? For us whom playing World of Warcraft on linux using wine. As people like us whos had enough of that how intrusive Windows os is and migrated to Linux. Please add Vulkan renderer support. Thanks.Neemus3 1h
1h Dungeon Deserter Bug? For the past few days i've had a major problem with random heroic dungeons with this character only. Once i get in to a dungeon i get insta remved from the group after like 5-10 seconds. This have happened 4 times in 2 days and it's sort of frustrating when i'm basically just trying to farm Blood of Sargeras. anyone else had this issue? any fix for this? "premades" being buttholes? ~KaliKaliari2 1h
1h WoW token goes crazy again Hello! Yesterday the token was 190k and today 206k (and maybe more ).Can anyone explain my how the token went with over 16k up and why ??? and how am i suposed to make so much money in case we got so many bots who abusing the AH and nobody makes something about it.The AH is so cheap at the moment like example 1 flask was 800gold now is 400 cuz of the bots .Before you make the wow token over 200k at least try to ban these bots so we can make some goldInsaner22 1h
1h Vrykul race next expansion? please make it happen :D,, they are the most badass race i seen !!! i loved them in wotlk and i love them in legion too. http://pre00.deviantart.net/5d46/th/pre/i/2013/217/5/b/vrykul_being_playable_by_valandy7-d6gtxup.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/0/0c/King_Ymiron.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081007121453 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/490262.jpgChubaccaa24 1h
1h WOW: promises seldom coming true my Title: WOW: never in computer game history a game took so many things from players and gave them back so few body: A lot is heard and written about wow rewarding system (melting players to take Grand Marshal pvp rank in vanilla throuh melting players farming normal,heroic,mythic and doing lots mythic+ to get better gear) I dont know if blizz make loot algorith right or wrong , intetionally or by accident working this way for the "unlucky" players but i will remember WOW when it ends with what title says (and i refer to time a player plays versus the usefull progress he achieves)Marlen4 1h
2h The important question Is it possible to run blizzard games without the stupid app that updates and requires restart every hour?Señordor8 2h
2h Tomb of Sargeras Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtWdYkJbdE I am glad wow is moving toward a more warhammer40k-esque thing, but in their own warcrafty way.Tryharding17 2h
2h Patch 7.2 March 28th Patch dropping March 28th...guess 29th for Eu.Decuma45 2h
2h So...what DON'T you like about Legion? As the title says, What things do you specifically dislike about Legion? Legion has been doing very well so far despite a few rough edges here and there, ( I hear daily complaints about Legendary items but I don't under stand the reason why) so what things do you hate or feel need to be adjusted here and there? It might be a big issue or just a little issue that gets on your nerves from time to time. Frankly, I only have ONE issue with the game and its - drumroll please - the Suramar questline. This is by far my favourite zone on the Broken Isles, hell might be my favourite questzone in wows entirety, but quite honestly I despise Blizzard for one design feature they did for this questline, which maybe could have been done differently. I'll spare the details in case some readers haven't reached this point in game, but eventually upon progressing through this questline a certain quest requires you to enter a raid instance to retrieve a quest item in order to resolve a problem that, if left unchecked, spells disaster for the Nightfallen and their plans. This item cannot be acquired through any other means and so, forces the player to abide by the quests objective and therefore descend into the hellhole that is, the Emerald Nightmare. Not completing this stops the questline dead otherwise. Sounds easy right? Not exactly. Sadly, its a completely different story for me. As a wow player who started during The Burning Crusade, I have NEVER played raids properly and have always preferred soloing and dungeons, throughout my whole time on Azeroth, and lately I have been engrossed in the stories for each zone on TBI. This however, angers me greatly. Never before have I had to overcome such an issue, and again whilst this is childsplay to most, I feel like I'm being forced to play something I don't like. Being forced into something I'd rather not participate in, I feel Blizzard has just given me the middle finger. Why is it now, that I have been restricted in this regard when nothing like this has happened in my 10 years of playing? Granted it obviously makes sense in terms of how the questline has been designed, but for those of us who don't enjoy raiding and prefer the simplicity of a questline with an engaging story, should Blizzard honestly consider RETHINKING this decision? Blizzard devs have always talked about allowing the player to engage in how much or how little content they want in WoW, and in also allowing players to decide WHAT they do and don't want to do. Yet I personally feel that they may have misinterpreted how some of the fans would react to this, and how its created quite a significant problem for non-raiders like myself. In short, whilst you can overcome this quest by using the lowest raid difficulty (LFR, which btw is EMPTY on my realm it seems.) would it not have been more sensible for the developers to have created this particular quest as another MYTHIC dungeon perhaps? That I believe would have been more ideal and more forgiving than any raid encounters, as jumping from solo content and dungeons to raids is actually quite a substantial leap for some of us. In short (congratz if you read this ENTIRELY btw) if this one little thing was addressed and maybe changed in some way I'd be dancing on the roof. And that's my one dislike about Legion. Sorry for the length of my post but sticking to what the title says, what do you dislike about Legion?Óblivion227 2h
2h People asking/whispering you for loot Hey there, How do you deal with people that ask you for loot after you get something from a boss? Personally, I don't like it when people start badgering me about loot I won. Specially if they only whisper me: "Need" or "U need" Even worse, they throw a tradewindow in my face. If I have something to give away, I will announce it in chat and proceed to give away said loot, as per my own rules. If people start rolling without me saying so, they'll automaticly forfeit their chances on getting that item.Azula92 2h
2h 25% discount in the store live Look in the ingame store, Blizzard actually launched a sale until they hike the prices 5th april. Edit: To clarify, sale of character services.Bloodwrath9 2h
3h Can I play 7.2 with my friends? Hi all, Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I did look) but I need some help. When the new patch hits I was hoping to play the new zone with my friends cross - server, but I can't seem to find any info regarding if this will affect the server side building things. Basically I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if my friends could still use their buildings and or gain credit to the completion on their home server or weather it only affects the party hosts server. Some of the bonuses seem pretty useful and it would be a shame to miss out on them just because we are on different servers. Any help appreciated, thanks.Tabias1 3h
3h 110 lvl boost When it will be available finally ? :)Morgothan2 3h
3h The Human Spirit Does it even work? Last night I race changed this warrior from Worgen to Human and my secondary stats stayed the same The Human Spirit is supposed to increase some secondary stats by 2% yet no change has occurred? Partly why I race changed was a little increase of stats...Versorius14 3h
3h [H] LF partners 4 new season i'm lf partners that want try get gladiator title/mount in the next season! i can play both sub rog and BM hunt! have low xp because i never had the opportunity to play whith a good team, used to play whith low-skilled friends feel free to add me Nightmare01#2149Axos0 3h
3h raiding halls and stuff Hello, i don't know if this is the right place to make suggestions and i didn't find any similar suggestion with a quick search. I would like to see a feature to raid class halls as a pvp event. Either as an event, a pvp option like war games or organized event like raiding opposite faction main cities (for the horde/alliance) awarding an achievement or anything else you might think. Preferably raid it as a whole class. monks raid paladin class halls etc, not just open the halls to everyone to enter and slay or mixed raid group with all classes. I know that there is a problem with some halls like warrior which is in the sky but you will find the solution, i trust you. :P Another thing i would like to see as a bonus raid (or hall of fame raid) that will have 1 fight and a series of bosses that will be random in every pull. Phase 1 you fight a random boss, you kill it, phase 2 will spawn another random boss,you kill it, phase 3 another random boss etc with at least 3. Could work like the waves in proving grounds, being endless and the best kills the most bosses. The point is to be more difficult than end boss mythic bosses since you cannot have a prefix raid composition that will be good for all bosses you will face. The boss pool is simple, all the raid bosses that exist in wow being scaled to max level no need to create new bosses. Finally it should have no loot,only some achievement or prestige stuff. I will be back when i have news from the other side.Nikitasklint9 3h
3h Storms in stormheim? Hey just wondering if i'm the only one that feels stormheim doesn't come off as very stormy? i see the lightning flashes, but don't really hear the crackling thunder, nor the torrential rain or winds that could blow you off a cliff Can wind have special effects? things like visible gust trails blowing etc... i'm sure it can,, Also trees, animated during stormy weather? I'm trying to imagine how the place could be more stormy. Doesn't have to be a storm all the time, but it seems to be lacking good storms. Btw, the zone is fabulous looking, especially on the mountain slopes of NastrondirSaberclaws0 3h
3h Old models update Saw this thread thanks to mmo-champion: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742925184#7 Oh please Blizzard, dont allow this to happen! Let the old models keep their old animations! There is a real big reason why I refuse to use the so called "just models with higher definition". The male undead casting animation is the best one ever. Truelly feels like a undead charging up magic to cast away a huge bolt. New ones looks like "the magic is to heave, i'm bout to drop it." I beg / implore / pray you wont allow this to happen. Please talk sense to the devs. Let the old models keep their old animations by us who still loves em.Jaedrius826 3h
3h Fields of Eternal Hunt You go here in the Halls of Valor instance, and it's gorgeous. 1. Why didn't blizz allow Trial of Valor to come here - so much nicer and less boring than helheim - could have fought an extra 2 bosses in this warcraft heaven before going down into the warcraft hell to kill helya 2. Why aren't zones designed a bit more like this? makes them look much bigger than they are. They dont' need to change size or anything like that, they just need to add more gorgeous back drop to the zone so it feels like the zone is your entire horizon, you should not be able to see other zones until you exit the zone. exiting the zone is simple, you go to the end of it, and althougoh it looks like it contineus forever, the scene will change and give you the illusion of having continued travel through all the scenery till you got to the new area.Saberclaws1 3h
3h Azeroth half globe? Is this proof that only the Northern Hemisphere of Azeroth has been discovered? And why would Khadgar not think this shape for a planet is illogical? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5zSo7ZbtL8hVHB4cXNqZVBuVFUVesperine2 3h
4h Order Hall Worlds. Demon hunters, Warriors, Locks and Priests all have order halls on different worlds, I wonder if they will allow us to explore those worlds, rather than just limit us to a building/ship/or fortress. Mardum is a world DHs start on, but have no access to it from their ship. Halls of Valor Skyhold is part of massive city that has the gorgeous fields of eternal hunt - but warriors can't explore that. Priests are in this temple, but no way to see outside. The rest of the classes have the entire zones their order halls are in, except for mine.Elvereth0 4h
4h Artifact power to alts/off spec I'm wondering if blizzard would consider letting 25% of the AP token you apply to your specs weapon goes to all your off spec weapons and eligible alt weapons. i.e. if you get a token for 100k AP and apply it to you current spec weapon. All your other spec weapons and your alts with artifact weapons will get 25k APJosiah0 4h
4h Halp disable hunter sounds! :( Hello can anybody help me :D Is it possible to disable the Hunter's attack sounds(autoattack-gun-bow) It's incredibly annoying :(. I used to have it disabled via an Addon called 'Mute Annoying WoW Sounds' but that Addon is not disabling the hunter's sounds anymore for some reason:SSpazza0 4h
4h In-game Services' Price Increase Does anyone at Blizzard ever studied Economics? I mean, really basic Economics... There is no need for Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics and Advanced Algebra... I mean simple Supply and Demand Laws... What happens if you increase the price of a good? It's consumption decreases!! And you are also pissing on your consumers, treating them as if they are all the same with the same income! 50 euros to a German player might not be a lot... But apply the same to Spain, Portugal, Russia, Greece, Italy, all the Balkans, Poland, and all Eastern Europe... And have you noticed that you pay more for a server transfer than for the Legion expansion?Stormcloack0 4h
4h What's the logic of hiding CM's post history? https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/search?a=%20Aerythlea No posts found. Really?Shumensko0 4h
5h Kaldorei or Shal'dorei culture? Kaldorei or Shal'dorei culture! What are the differences? Which do you prefer? For those who don't know, Legion expansion finally shows us the other night elf culture, the arcane centred one, ruled by the highborne class that once spanned the globe. Now all but forgotten with last crumbling pieces of Dire Maul Highborne Shen'dralar. That is until we discovered Suramar the jewel of the night elven empire intact and perfectly preserved in culture and appearance by it's inhabitants, the nightborne elves. These are arcane evolved night elves, which is why they look like skinny darker toned night elves with ears tipping upwards the biggest difference. They are littered with arcane versions of usual kaldorei stuff from cat mounts, to moon/star names and positions/jobs all centred around the star focused culture of the kaldorei in ancient times. Even the night elven statues have arcane power on their helms (the highborne ones only tho) We should all have realized by now that shal'dorei (nightborne) culture is night elven arcane culture of the pre-sundering era - perfectly unchanged and preserved, unlike your modern day kaldorei who changed culture due to the banning of arcane magic for 10k years. It's worth noting as well this is the same culture of the Highborne from Dire Maul, also called the Shen'dralar, whiles theirs is in ruins, the nightborne continue the empire kingdom of the night elves, something that most Kaldorei are ashamed off and generally despise as they blame their former attitudes and likely culture with its arcane obsession for leading to the first invasion of the Legion. To them, such pursuits as power, influence, wealth are something they've moved past in pursuit of higher ideals. Whiles much has happened to change such prejudice amongst the kaldorei, some still have reservation and are wary around their nightborne and highborne kin. But despite their night elf commonality., current kaldorei culture is very different from nightborne/highborne culture.Suramar city, is a masterwork both of art and of storytelling. Blizzard have never quite so well shown culture of their races, especially without a starting zone, so hats off to the new improvements. Begs the question, which do you prefer? and what are the differences? Here are some observations I've made of Kaldorei and Shal/Quel'dorei I'll focus on differences as they have many many similarities. These night elven peoples it should be noted are not violent, barbaric, viscious, vengeful, vindictive or any of those things, by nature. They are perfectionists and hold precious to the ideals of their disciplines, whether mages, druids, priests or demon hunters. They value life, knowledge - but can be a bit obssessive over their views and causes. Kal'dorei: The night elves would minimise any disruption to the natural forest as they can, avoiding building cities but rather small dwellings. They would fix what was broken and try to restore the natural majesty of former times. Nature centred. Very little arcane influence. Religioius almost mystical Humble Peaceful Everyone is equal Very distinctly partitioned: Druids don't mix with priests, men and women have very different roles (this is because of the Orders) Very independent, everyone does their own thing, usually by themself Spread out living in the landUncompromisingly good Reclusive even amongst themselves - very highly xenophobic. More concerned with preserving things, repairing things back to original. Prefer not to tamper with things Untrusting of others, but quick to help others in need Shal'dorei (nightborne/highborne) The nightborne elves will build beautiful night elven cities and sculpt forests, they will advance the use of magic and combine it with druidsm and divine magic always progressing a civilization. Forest and city alike will be places of great beauty and power. Highly arcane focused, but not nature abhorring. Mystical with a little religious influence thats more a romanticism of the past order of Elune in its glory days before the sundering Meritocracy Most skilled at magic are the most esteemed Highly structured. Titles, political positions and power play a large role Mostly live in cities and urban centres. Despise evil but would do wrong things to improve position Not friends of the legion, but some have been known to compromise if threatened or seduced. Bustling and out going but only with themselves and few outsiders they may deem worthy- still highly xenophobic Arrogance and pomposity abound, but nobility and honour is also clearly visible. Always trying to improve, do things better, get better Much more concerned with helping themselves than others, but show care for their own This is off course not an exhaustive list, however if you have more, please say. Generally which do you prefer. I like both, they appeal to different parts of me, One thing i've observed with night elves (both kaldorei and shal'dorei also quel'dorei) is that they religiously stick to their beliefs and disciplines but it doesn't get in the way when they work together. Priest, highborne mage, druid can all work together on things with vastly different beliefs but they won't get in each others way. Each will do their own part required and continue on in their own circles - side by side. Anyway, be good to hear YOUR observations and thoughts.Elvereth3 5h
5h How Many Hours Do You Play? Just out of interest, how many hours do you play World of Warcraft per day?Olrox50 5h
5h Can i finish Pathfinder 2 on new char I did the first Pathfider achv with one character, but I decided to switch mains , so my question is can i continue where I left off with the new character and only do the second part of Achievement that is coming in 7.2, and still get flying.Deelu2 5h