New/Returning Player Questions & Guides

24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 25/01/2018) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
1h Recruit a Friend Requests Please feel free to reply to this thread if you’re looking for a friend to recruit, or if you wish to be recruited by a friend. We only ask that you follow the other forum guidelines, and restrict these requests to only the specific thread on the official forums. How to Recruit a Friend - World of Warcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXMpfPb6Ok IMPORTANT: Please be careful about sharing your account details with people. Posting your RealID or any other personal information on a public forum isn't a great idea!Vaneras4658 1h
17 Mar Helpful People List For New Players Continued Pt3 Old threads are now full, again. Glad to see it being so popular! Don't be afraid newbies to add us ^_^ We wouldn't put our tags here if we weren't happy with you contacting us! Me especially. First Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7714001606 Second Thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8048825633?page=1 Same as the previous thread, don't expect these people to shower you in gold and items. We're here to give advice not play the game for you. Name: Realm: Faction: RealID/BattleTag: (You don't need to put this here if you don't want to.) Assistance: List of Helpful People No.2 Name: Waffles Realm: Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Jani#2877 Assistance: I can help with all kinds of advice about the game, including information on classes, gold making, fight mechanics and also lore. Pretty much, if you have a question about the game, there's a 98% chance I can answer it. Never hesitate to just add my Battletag and say hi. Name: Dalator Realm: Silvermoon/Argent Dawn Faction: Alliance (used to play horde) Btag: Fishhoox#2600 Assistance: Well if you need guidance in almost anything I probably have an answer (if not I'll look it up). I'm raiding heroic raids, I do pvp and I got 8 lvl 90's, I do a bit roleplaying and I might be an achievment hunter so I assume I have a wide diversity of knowledge in the game. Basically I don't mind helping people because I'm lonely and bored :/ And yes I was a newbie once too. Name: (Depends on the current character I use) Realm: Maghteridon/Moonglade/ArgentDawn/Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance -(also secretly part of the Scourge/Naga) RealID/BattleTag: MRTF#2579 Assistance: I'm pretty much an expert on lvl 15-75 dungeons. (Since I've done them too many times :p). I can also help when it comes to battle pets, classes/spezialications, general issues, transmogrification, any profession advice lvls 1-400s. How to Tank/DPS/Heal. Few RP advices, PvP suggestions (but I'm not as good as in MoP). Name: Ionis, Trusthoof, That guy that loves to hear himself talk. Realm/Faction: Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) / The Sha'tar (Horde) Real ID: Ionis#2574 Assistance: - Explaining basics of game mechanics for all roles and most classes. - Primary and Secondary professions (except Engineering) - Basics of PvP and battlegrounds - All group content between levels 15 and 80 (Cataclysm and Pandaria is a little blurry :) ) - Suggesting useful game addons. - Lore, roleplaying. Name: Ninjaattack Realm: Stormreaver / Spinebreaker /Dragonmarw /Vashj. (Cross-realm) Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Sarah#2620 Assistance: Anything! Will gladly with dungeons, Pvp, killing players from the other faction, quests.. u name it ;) Just write to me in-game, and i'll help u and answer all the questions u probably have (as good as i can). See ya in Azeroth! :P Name: Wìsky Realm: Draenor/Silvermoon Faction: Horde/Alliance Battle Tag: Wìsky#2483 Assistance: Have been playing this game for a long time so I can help you with anything really. If you have questions about the game, your class, addons and whatnot or just wanna talk and make a new friend I'm always available. Name: Tacitaalma Realm: Anachronos - alonsus Faction: Horde Assistance: Any, I am a skilled girl. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Aenaar Realm: Kazzak (EU) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Aenaar#2103 Assistance: Pretty much anything with the exception of currency. Feel free to approach me for any help or if you would like to chat or make friends. I am happy to guide, teach and will come to assist if you are in trouble. I have been in World of Warcraft for about 8 years and will gladly share experiences that may help you in your adventures. Name: Felthrian Realm: Sylvanas Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: ((Will Update when I can log in later)) Assistance: I can help you with PvP, I'm a keen lover of lore and as such know quite a lot of it and have done most of the quests in the game. Always happy to help new players into the game in any way I can, I've played casually for a very long time so can give advice on most topics, or just have a chat and play some BGs or Arena with you! Name: Wolfz Realm: Aggra / Grim Batol Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: xInesx#2449 Assistance: Can assist with introduction to raiding and gearing up your character, new player tip, competiive pvp ( to an extent not every class) and weekly arena caps , currency (gold) farm - AH playing. speak portuguese , english , french spanish or italian. only lend currency if i see its justified. i'm mainly an experienced feral druid ( since wotlk ) and holy paladin (since early cata) Our guild also happens to be recruiting but u must be portuguese for that.. Name: Whis Realm: Daggerspine (or any other i'm on) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Ocodot#2978 Assistance: I can help with nearly everything except for advanced raiding since I'm mainly PvP focused. I've played since WoW launch so I am extremely familiar with the game and it's mechanics. I can help you understand your class, anything PvP, gearing, weekly conquest cap, basic mechanics. Name: Melthazina Realm: Magtheridon (main) Faction: Alliance / Horde RealID/BattleTag: Pharazon #2864 Assistance: I've played WoW on and off since its release in 2005, and through that time I've played all classes and levelled numerous alts, many classes several times. I from Northern Norway, have a streak of Viking blood and know how to curse for an extended period of time without using the same word twice. Despite that I bark worse than I bite so don't be scared of throwing me a whisper if you're ever stuck on something, or generally just want to chat :) Name: Anwraith Realm: Chamber of Aspects Faction: Horde New player trying to understand how to navigate the game. I reached level 8 in a few hours and then got stuck when I couldn't find an avatar to obtain my next quest from. I have read the new player guide and many posts on these forms but I haven't seen a topic dealing with learning how to move around in the World. I don't know where to look for a quest giver, or a vendor to unload the excess baggage from my quests and if I knew where, I don't know what to read to learn what can be found where or how to navigate from where I am to other designated locations that haven't been targeted on the map with a quest. Name: Dreams/Medea/Medzie Realm: Draenor/Kazzak/Sylvanas Faction: Horde/Alliance BattleTag:Nikil#2653 Assistance: I've played this game since vanilla across multiple accounts over the time I have done and achieved many things in game I have done decent amount of PvP and cleared end raids on hardest difficulty during its time period, I have farmed various achievements, reputations, mounts and pets over the years and farmed a lot of gold easily I can help you with all of this + help with general questions, leveling tips and how to get into raiding and pvp and all sort of other stuff the one thing I cannot help you with is battle pets I am sorry:( . The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started I was lucky to have friends brother who was fairly experienced I asked him all sort of questions without him I would be nowhere and I would like to give the same opportunity to new players now to give you an example of my stupid questions "Why can mobs see and attack me if I'm hiding behind a tree?" anything you ask wont be as bad as that so go for it. Also please note if I'm raiding I may not be able to respond but during breaks or after raid I definitely will answer your question.Waffles32 17 Mar
21 Feb [Information] Starter Account for returning players You will likely be aware by now that some changes have taken place in 6.1 for returning players that have frozen accounts. Some sites have named this a "Veteran Account" though it is not officially named such. I thought I would make a quick post to let you know what this is all about. If an account becomes frozen, i.e. player has unsubbed or is no longer adding game time, characters above level 20 will be locked out from play, theses characters will be marked as [Inactive] on the character selection screen. You can however create new characters which will have the mostly the same limitations as a starter account:- Can't play expansion-restricted content (new continents, etc). Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks. Can't participate in Pet Battles. Can't disable experience gains. Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House. Can't use voice chat or Real ID. Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc). If you know starter accounts well, you will see that some of the restrictions of a starter account are not listed above. A player that has a full account but has no game time can play on a low level character but as opposed to having all the starter account restrictions, the following extra permissions have been granted:- Can join guilds their other characters are members of. Can whisper characters that are members of your current guild. Can use guild chat in addition to the say and party channels. You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g. Full information can be found in the updated support article found here:- https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faqShammoz41 21 Feb
13m Shared interface options? Any way to copy all interface options between characters? Copying files from one character folder into another doesn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=had0Vvk3yXM -> doesn't work https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759351500 -> as guy stated it doesn't work. No addon for this. Should be Blizzard option anyway: Why not add an option to share on account like keybindings? "Use this interface on all characters? Yes/No." Thinking of having to change all chat box and all interface and loot options and party options and social options and character names and character nameplates and everything for all characters just puts me off. Also option to remove gryphons, please. They clip with bottom left and bottom right action bars. MoveAnything can do this, but really, need an addon to make UI not clip with itself?Velris10 13m
38m Boost or leveling hello everyone i try to level a new charcter and its boring and so diffcult to level up is it hard to level or iam using the wrong way to level ? i got full heirlooms and i play quest and dungeon and still boring and take a lot of time to fiend and finish one dungeon what shall i do to levelup fast pay 60euro ? or leave the game until bfa open ?Nca7 38m
3h Reputation question As you can tell I am a new player. Someone told me some stuff about how I should wear tabards while doing dungeons to get reputation with factions. As I am a worgen and I really loved Gilneas, I went and bought me the gilnean tabard and used it until I just got the reputation to maxim (exalted). But, now what? What was the meaning? What did I do this for? This dude told me that I get stuff from the respective faction for getting reputation with it. What's that stuff and where do I find it? The only thing I found was this bag and this cape that the NPC that sells the tabard has. Anything else? Also I have the draenei faction to revered, and I will be using the their tabard from now on to get reputation with them. What will I gain othet than their bag and cape? What is the meaning of this reputation farm? Is it only for achievements, bags and capes?Dhonin7 3h
4h Link curve? For antorus i need to "link curve"..what do i link :pCòffee2 4h
19h Need a quick boost to 800 fishing? This is a very handy and easy tip to bring your fishing up to max level very quickly. I appreciate most will be 800 already but for anyone new to fishing (or WoW even), this might save you a good few hours. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb83U63PecwKennytheger0 19h
21h Things removed in BfA? I have been away from the game for I dunno how long. Maybe a year or longer. Currently have that 7 day gametime active. I heard some stuff like f.e. several cosmetic appearances in legion are being removed in BfA. If I may return in BfA it would be a bit of a bummer if I could never get f.e. some cosmetic appearances that I want from legion, due to them being removed in BfA. Are all the tier/released sets staying? As in, can you stll farm them in BfA? Could someone help me out a bit and share which things are getting removed? Or steer me in the right direction where to get a good overview of this? Thanks in advance.Yassle3 21h
1d Looking for newcomers Hey, This may not be the right place but i am looking to reinvigorate my passion for WoW a bit and so i am looking for newcomers that want to join me while leveling up. I personally don´t care which faction although i would prefer Horde (since my main is on the Horde side). My plan is to level just via questing and if possible only enter dungeons if we get a quest to do so. From experience one player would be nice although i am not against more players. the only problem that will occur is that probably not always are all people there. So finding a time is easier the less people ar there. But as i mentioned i have no problem with more. On the topic of Server choice i have no particular preference aswell. Man this sounds as if i want to sell something else xD TLDR; Looking for new players to level up with primarily via questing.Creena3 1d
1d lf levelling partner hello everyone, i want to get a new char (fire mage horde) if u want to get new char too (tank/healler) let me know lets level up together with dungeon spam. im in stormscale-eu can help u in this realm. if u want to join me add me elfida#2360Cutiejunn0 1d
1d Please, guys, what to choose!? (new player) I choosed worgen because I really thought I like how they look and I always tend to choose the darkest of the races. I choosed rogue because I always choose assassin-like classes for my character (no matter the game). It just fits me, dunno. But now I am facing a huge issue. This worgen looks horrible. The attack animations and the way it walks looks horrible, the textures look outdated comparing to every monster I fought so far. So now I really don't know what to choose anymore and I just hate so much that I have wasted so much time playing this character. The game does not help me at all, AT ALL. At least an introduction to the factions. How am I supposed to know which one I like more? Same for the classes and races. I have no idea what to choose. I always have this issue whenever I start a new game that has character creation. I have the stuff that I like how they look, and the stuff that I think defines me completely and fits me as a person. What should I choose? I have no idea which faction to choose. Aspect-wise I love how the male dwarf, female night elf, female draenei and male & female blood elf look. But what really fits me as a person is the worgen, but I dislike it. Then classes, from what I have seen in videos so far, I like how warrior, mage, shaman, death knight and demon hunter look. But what really fits the way I have always played is the rogue. Death Knight also does look like fitting to me, but it start way too high and it is like cheating... So does demon hunter, but I just can't find it in my character creation options for some reason. But I have heard it also starts high level so it also is cheating.. I am sooo confused. What should I do? T.T I want someone to make up my mind and help me choose, otherwise I will end up creating characters I then regret playing on.Dhonin4 1d
1d Big Issues So, I purchased the Legion + BFA pre purchase bundle, i used a boost on a new tauren druid, started on a ship lvl 100 doing the class guide, i did not complete this guide however and went to the main menu, to my surprise i could still use this 110 boost so made a new character and applied it, I spawned into Dalaran as lvl 110 and proceeded to delete previous character, my issue is that i dont seem to be able to do anything with the legion questline no matter who i talk to, ive looked up many guides and i do not have any of the usual legion start quests - have i messed it up? PS, im using an alt as my lvl 110 does not show up as a character on the forums, and despite deleting it, my Tauren doesTorgobizz9 1d
1d Is there an action-based combat option? So far the game feels good. The world feels a little bit empty (not in the meaning of players, but as things to do besides quests), but I still like it enough to enjoy it. There's one problem tho. The combat system. It's so...slow and it doesn't feel as epic compared to other games. Maybe it's because I've played a lot of ESO- I'm not sure. But it's still annoying and although as a Warlock is a lot more fun than as a Hunter or a Priest- it's still not enough. So is there an option for action-based combat, or hybrid of some sort? And if not- are there at least add-ons that make it feel like an action-based game? I've heard, that this game has some really big and interesting add-ons. Some even being game changing.Repetitiveik3 1d
1d Finding Levelling Impossible. So, I just came back after a few months break. Started a new character, slapped on my heirlooms, and got close enough to butchered. How? I just saw the update that has removed basically all of the stats from heirlooms, and increased health of all mobs by insane amounts. So I gave up, starting new, having made over 30 characters with a fair amount at 110. I felt like it was impossible for me. So I went over to my 55 Worgen druid. 2 levels took me 6 hours of constant questing and a single (almost impossible) dungeon run. We had a full group with everyone heirloomed, and the tank died three times, as did the rest of us. The healer kept running out of mana. I did a better job back when I had no heirlooms imo. I am worried for the new players starting out, and coming across a dungeon like Stratholme, which is now overly op. The dungeon system now, rather than having a rival placed, is completely broken on most dungeons, especially the pre-Wotlk ones. I feel like I don't want to do any combat atall now, I've been back for a full day now and the game feels like it's been completely wrecked for me personally, I'm a casual gamer and I'm not in anyway hardcore. I like levelling through more than I like raids etc, and building a collection of classes. I wanted to have around 15 - 20 level 110s by the release of BoA, but that goal now seems impossible. I get why Blizzard did it, don't get me wrong. They claim it was to add a alternative levelling method rather than constant dungeon runs, but it wasn't. With the release of Classic/Vanilla around the corner, they want to give players a big sense of nostalgia so that they are drooling over the very thought of the level 60 cap. But in doing this, you will alienate so many loyal fans of your games, keep classic to classic, before you start losing players that have been playing maybe not as long as Classic players, but from atleast BC/WOTLK. Is anyone else feeling like this? Or is it just me?Boldi26 1d
1d Have i made a mistake? Hi everyone. Returning player here, haven't played in a long time, so decided it was a good idea to start from scratch with a new character so that i can figure out everything that I've forgotten during my lengthy break. I decided to stick with my old server which is Ragnaros EU but i switched factions and made an alliance toon. I've just now realized Ragnaros EU is a horde majority realm so will this pose a problem? Am i better off rerolling now on an Alliance realm?Orwyn4 1d
1d Artefact weapon transmog in BfA With the artefact weapons now being transmogable, will they work account wide, and if so will it work on both of my Alliance and Horde characters?Novikmet1 1d
2d Alliance toon/friends for BFA I just got my new PC and am planning on getting back into WoW for BfA. I guess I'm a horde main, but tbh I play whatever my friends/guildies play. Now I'm leveling a shaman on the horde side (thinking of maining shaman), I have a druid on the horde side, I have a shaman here (obviously) and i would like to level another class on alliance here on silvermoon as well as getting me a kul tiran druid when the time comes. I would really like to find someone likeminded as i intend to play on both sides for BfA, because my guildmates are horde only but i really really like the look of Kul Tiras. If anything I'd like to have a good alliance friend to level toons with, maybe unlock the alliance allied races and of course level and play through BfA :) Btag: Senpai#22782 PS: I'm 18+ and from the EU, fluent in english (should it matter :))Hubro0 2d
2d Subscription Hello, i want to ask if i cancel my subscription what will happen to my Game Time? Is is going to be deleted or am i going to be able to play until my game time runs out?Adbloxcklol4 2d
2d Where can I buy an epic mount? In WoW.Détester2 2d
2d Getting 5 million HP I've just seen a 110 mage with this much compared to my puny 140k. How can I catch up?Larousel2 2d
2d Zul'Gurub is empty for me. Hi there. I'm doing the Stranglethorn quest lines. I have two quests that are inside of Zul'Gurub - Be Raptor and High Priestess Jeklik. I'm level 61 now and when I enter Zul'Gurub there is nothing there - no mobs, no NPCs, and no bosses. I've tried entering through the front portal, and I've also used the portal provided in the High Priestess Jeklik quest line. Still, there is nothing. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something before I can do these quests? Or is this a technical issue?Nydea1 2d
2d 3 questions about Draenor Hi! I am a player that played Cataclysm and just returned to Warlords of Draenor (I'm waiting a bit with Legion, I want to catch up first). I levelled up to 100 relatively quickly, and now I have 3 questions. The first one is about the Garrison. I play, as you can probably see, a troll warlock. How can I easily get the resources and what buildings would you recommend? I currently have a bank, a salvage yard, barracks and the tavern. Is that a good setup? I don't have a level 3 garrison yet, and I'd gladly farm resources if I knew how to do. Any tips? And what buildings would you recommend for me at level 3? The second one is about mounts. As I'm on a completely new account this time, all my mounts are gone. Is there any place in Draenor where you can get any cool mounts? I heard good stuff about Tanaan Jungle, is that the place I should head to? The third one is about Draenor Pathfinder (seriously, why is this a thing). Is it worth doing? I got 12 days left of my subscription, and after that I was thinking about getting Legion. Will it be useful in the future after leaving Draenor? Thanks in advance! /MDurlok1 2d
2d Over time and pet dmg not appearing... Hey, I am kinda new. I am leveling my alts and i have a big issue that happened suddenly: Damage from my over time abilities is not appearing on the screen!(Dmg from vimpriric touch,shadow word pain,rip,rake,generally all dots and also my pet's dmg not appearing etc: kill command) Although, my instant dmg from shred or cobra shot or mortal strike DOES appear on screen! The issue is with over time dagame and pet damage! Also, I have tried the technique: /console floatingcombattextcombatdage1 or 0 and nothing changed.... Plz can u help me cuz its rly important to me!! Thanks!!Necroborn3 2d
3d WoW = social game? I don't think so. Apologies for the click-baity title but it sums up my feelings after days of trying to find a realm with a social atmosphere where I can settle and level up my character. I have tried speaking to people in General chat, just friendly interaction. I have observed the chat for some time and nobody talks. I'm ignored. I guess this is the norm and hence everybody has given up on talking altogether. I don't know, I'm finding WoW to be real quiet compared to the social atmosphere of other MMOs. Anybody knows why people aren't talking? EDIT: Must add I play MMOs because you can interact with other players, that means talking to apart from playing. If I wanted to avoid talking to others, I'd play single player games.Kynareth12 3d
3d I'm returning So after a long break from playing another MMO I've gotten bored off, I'm back! Hopefully, I'll buy a sub a little bit later if I get back into it again, and then I'll buy BFA later (I've already purchased legion). That said, I really want to create a new guy to experience with, so I'd like some advice. Few specifications: 1. Looking for a class I can PVE on primarily. While I don't mind PVP, it's never clicked. I prefer dungeons, raids etc. So in short something that is PVE focused. 2. I heal or dps. A tank is a no-no. 3. While I like ranged, I do not mind melee ether. That's all. Please reply with your preferred class for me.Pandariea4 3d
4d XP boosts questions I was wondering if there was any other way to get XP boosts except from using Heirlooms and the RaF option.Zamiyada2 4d
4d how re-start? lol hey guys, casual (ex hc) coming bk here ^^ so I jump in after 3-4 years to watch how it is... (read really nice review about wow right now).... I have a just a small, littl problem: i don't rememeber almost anything lol... I have a rogue, war and hunter 90 (I love all of them)but I been so long away that I don't know how fill the gap from what is happening and how it works to reset well my chars.. have you some suggestion? I thought about reroll but !@#$ I know pretty well aaaaaaaaaall the first quests plus I really don't know what pick up as casual survival and fun class to reroll... if you have advises I'm open to be suprised :) Plus I'm in all quite dead server, is it matter or not? obviously as you could think,pay a looot of money to just move my chars, plus buy the expansion plus pay the bill is little bit non sense for a casual player... I strongly hug all of you help me eventually ^^ cyaAftersunset4 4d
4d Class Selection (In depth analysis) Hello guys, and thank you very much for your time to read and reply to my post. I am a returning player after 1 year away from the game. And to be honest I 've been in and out of the game for the last 4-5 years, because when I am off I really miss the environment and the feeling (I am sure most of you know this feeling), and when I am back in the game I think the game misses something. I have come down to a conclusion that the game is missing nothing, I just don't get the same feeling like in the past (Vanilla, TBC, WotLK), because I am older and have a lot responsibilities in my life, comparing to 10+ years ago. This situation does not allow me to really get deep into the game and analyse boss strategies, etc. After all I realised now that at my 32 years old I 've been a casual player for at least 5 years (yeah, it really hurts for an ex-hardcore player when he sees the reality :P ). Now that I have explained my background, I just want you to give me some help in the following question: WHICH CLASS SHOULD I PLAY? I really think this is a very stupid question, but I do not have the time to search deep into the game's mechanics anymore. So I will just give you some criteria, and would appreciate if you reply with a class/spec and a reason for this: 1) I love moving fast, for example I love the buff of MM hunter's artifact + Trailblazer ( if I spell correctly). 2) I really like the instant mount and the ability to farm while in flying form of the druid. 3) I dislike that the druid has to be in an animal transformation in order to fight. I love watching my character's shining gear on him. 4) I am not interested in tanking. 5) It would be a plus (but not a must) to be able to have an off-spec of healing) 6) I prefer melee because I do not like the downtime of casting a 2 sec spell (love the "piano playing" on my keyboard) I think that's it, if something more comes to mind I will edit this post. P.S.: The main reason I really want to have one and only character, is to focus on him as much as possible, to bring back that elitist feeling I used to have 10 years ago (if that's possible after all this time). P.S.2: Thank you once again for your interest in my "problem" :) .Luminus10 4d
4d Haven't Played in 7 years Greetings, I'm a player interested in getting back into the game after a very long time out (work, moving, playing other things). I recently decided to look into world of Warcraft again as i have a craving for MMOs again and remember fondly back in 06-11 i loved the game and played it pretty much everyday. I have a few questions i hope some of you can answer as i did look up things myself but a lot of "guides" and "returning player help" stuff is months out of date on other sites and i feel answers from current players is more helpful. 1: How streamlined are the classes now compared to WOTLK/Cata? Are rotations for endgame fairly easy or is there a lot of difficult keybinding needed? 2: As i would like to ease myself back into the game, what would you say in your opinion are the easiest classes to DPS with at endgame? I'm pretty open to any class suggestions, would like to hear about how shaman performs currently too as it was my "main" before. 3: How do you find the community? I mean this in terms of, are people frequently "toxic" to you? Am i going to get kicked from groups if i'm not topping the DPS meters? 4: The recruit a friend thing, Can someone use that on me even though i already have an account and do i get free game time with that? Thank you friends.Selvaria2 4d
5d how to get into pvp? i want to pvp and enjoy it i really like open world pvp and was really excited when it was declared that in the new expansion you no longer will have to pay 25 $ to switch to pvp realms but i dont want to wait 4 month to pvp so meanwhile what should i do ?Fearclubfly2 5d
5d What to choose? (new player) ... I choosed worgen because I really thought I like how they look and I always tend to choose the darkest of the races. I choosed rogue because I always choose assassin-like classes for my character (no matter the game). It just fits me, dunno. But now I am facing a huge issue. This worgen looks horrible. The attack animations look out of place, the walking animation is like he is about to fall, the textures look outdated comparing to every monster I fought so far. So now I really don't know what to choose anymore and I just hate so much that I have wasted so much time playing this character. The game does not help me at all, AT ALL. At least an introduction to the factions. How am I supposed to know which one I like more? Same for the classes and races. I have no idea what to choose. I always have this issue whenever I start a new game that has character creation. I have the stuff that I like how they look, and the stuff that I think defines me completely and fits me as a person. What should I choose? I have no idea which faction to choose. Aspect-wise I love how the male dwarf, female night elf, female draenei and male & female blood elf look. But what really fits me as a person is the worgen, but I dislike it. Then classes, from what I have seen in videos so far, I like how warrior, mage, shaman, death knight and demon hunter look. But what really fits the way I have always played is the rogue. Death Knight also does look like fitting to me, but it start way too high and it is like cheating... So does demon hunter, but I just can't find it in my character creation options for some reason. But I have heard it also starts high level so it also is cheating.. I am sooo confused. What should I do? T.T I want someone to make up my mind and help me choose, otherwise I will end up creating characters I then regret playing on.Dhonin11 5d
5d Combat numbers Hey, new player here. Since I really am a RPG kinda player and love to get immersed in games, I hate the fact that I see numbers whenever I attack stuff. Is there a way to disable that? Can't find this option in the settings menu.Dhonin2 5d
5d Holy Paladin vs Holy Priest Well met friends, I am a returning player and I have purchased everything from scratch. i have always played healing classes. I know about Holy Priest and Holy Paladin. I am planning to reach the end game content. Raids etc. So which healing class is more useful for the end-game content? Thank youFieryquartz1 5d
5d Need a Re-Rolling buddy! Voice Chat preferred! Greetings Adventurers. In the real world I have found myself to be in a position where I have spare time in the evenings now. Due to this I am after someone to level with! Preferably with voice chat for the company. I would like to level a Horde character unless I can be persuaded otherwise.... About me? I am a 26 year old that has Been playing since Vanilla and have a pretty extensive knowledge of the game, I enjoy and good humor and want to experience the game from 1 though to 110 again! If you have Skype/discord and wish to level with me by all means give me a message! ThazulThazul0 5d
5d Question about 110 boosts and professions. So ive read the guides and several posts about this but im still unsure about something. im about to get the bfa expansion,thinking of leveling a ve lock,from what ive read i can get the profesions (he is cloth so he gets enchanting and tailoring) up to level 700 if i level him to 60 first. so this is my question,do i need to pick up said professions before the boost (and not level them) or will he get them automatically when i boost him to 110? thanks in advance for the answer :) cheersÐuracell4 5d
6d iLvl cap? Gulagski4 6d
6d XP Stacking? Hey guys. I am new to WoW and after 3 weeks I am finally lvl 100. Im going to wait untill legion comes out for free before i get BFO, but i just want to know will the XP i am getting while lvl 100 still stack and then when legion comes free will i get it all. for example. i get 3 lvls worth of xp while still lvl 100 and then when legion comes out for free i go up to 103? ThanksCattell2 6d
6d Open invitations for a Calendar event Hey all. Is there any way to create an event on the Calendar and set it to open invites? As in anyone who wants to sign can just signup without having to be specifically invited first? I would have thought that a feature like that would be standard in an event creator, but I can't seem to see how to do it. CheersSage1 6d
12 Apr Keystones Hey, A question about doing mythic + dungeons, i just completed mythic + 2 and my own keystone didn't get an upgrade, is this normal or should i be using my own keystone? thnxCòffee5 12 Apr
12 Apr Completely New Player, Q's about Class Selection Hello everyone new player here, Eventhough I did the "Class Trial" for many classes, I simply can not choose a class to pick and advance with it.I have so many toons at level 10-20 and for some reason any of them feels right. Because there is not much time left for BFA, I quickly want to hit max level and do things going to expire when BFA comes out (like Mage Tower if I am not mistaken) I don't like healing and tanking for now so I'm all about DPS aspect. Things I want from my class; If ranged(Prefered over melee) , I don't like stationary gameplay, some DoT's are fine but I love big hitting spells/nukes. If melee, Mobility is key. Eventhough I think Paladins are cool, I CAN'T stand just walking to every single mob to deal damage.Again would like to see big numbers and ST priority over Aoe for melee. Thanks for your answers in advance !Vijol12 12 Apr
12 Apr Incentives for returning players - Show some <3 Blizz! After having a break from WoW for a while, my interest has been peaked by the new Battle for Azeroth expansion. I have read a lot of changes are being made to classes and gameplay, so I'm very keen to check this out before committing to purchase a whole expansion + subscription lot. Now, I understand Alpha invites have been given to random players or players with an internet presence. However, I think it'd be really nice if Blizzard offered the rest of us mortals, but equally wallet-obliged players, an option to try our favourite class before or on BfA's release. Many other MMOs out there - not providing names to make publicity here - send emails to their players now and then with invitations to play for free for a few days and for different reasons, e.g. new content comes up or there's a holiday. I think it'd be awesome if Blizzard offered us the chance to play our character and class for free for even one single day. I reiterate, other MMOs do this. It'd be a really nice gesture from Blizzard, which has such a great record of customer service to date :)Kynareth6 12 Apr
11 Apr Items with greyed out stat boosts Some items i.e. weapons have +5 stamina and +5 strength boosts but also have +5 intellect which is greyed out and when equipped it does not increase intellect. Why is this?Détester2 11 Apr
6d delete Hi and thanks for checking us out. I’m looking to start a reroll guild. The intention of the guild will be to level from 1-110 before tackling current content and preparing for Battle for Azeroth. About myself firstly, I’ve been playing WoW on and off since TBC along with a few other MMO’s. I’ve also ran a couple of guilds before as well as a reasonably successful reroll project during MoP. I’ve always valued the social aspect of every MMO guild I’ve been part of and this will be foremost in everything we will be striving for. To avoid burning your eyes with a wall of text, I’ll leave the basics here and put the details in our discord channel. As I mentioned, the guild will be starting from level 1 through to 110. Although there is no set starting date, this won’t be happening tomorrow or next week. I’d estimate a start date of around the end of April / beginning of May. This is to allow as many interested people as possible to join as well as make decisions on things like faction / server type / guild name etc. I’d also estimate we need around 40-60 members from the very start, to make this viable. Once we have begun, certain caps will be put in place as we complete old content. These caps will only be in place for a short period to prevent people inevitably losing interest. Completing old content is not our main goal though. We want to foster a community and leveling / doing old raids and achievements gives us a good platform to build from. Once we hit the cap of 110, normal service should resume. We will cover all current content including raids, dungeons, PvP and everything else. Should we manage to survive until August, we will go forward into Battle for Azeroth with a strong and well organised guild If you are interested or have more questions you can post them here, contact me on battlenet - raffles#21270 - or join our discord channel below via the link below. https://discord.gg/PPXExKe Many thanks for taking the time to read this far and I hope to hear from you soon!Discowiggle1 6d
10 Apr dumb question maybe So my question is kinda weird. I boosted a troll druid to 100 a while back and i kind of want to do the quests from lower zones for the lore, rep grind and some sort of a completionist feeling [some zones which i skipped while leveling this paladin] Basically what i want to know is, there are classes, like lets say, troll druid, which came out in cataclysm. Can i make all the quests a tauren druid has/had access to or are they different because troll druids weren't around in lets say Outland questing areas? Will my reputation/quests interactions for the argent crusader in Northrend for example be influenced/different because that race-class combo wasn't a thing back then?Dreamstreak1 10 Apr
10 Apr Question about game purchase Greetings, I've been trying the free version of WoW for a while now and I like it and want to get it. I am just curious about one thing, when I purchase the "World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth™" (Look in the battle net store.) Standard edition. Does this mean I am able to play the game to it's current fullest or must I buy something else to be able to play the game all the way up to level 110? Please just tell me if I need to buy anything else or that's all I need to play the full game. Thanks in advance.Iuyben3 10 Apr
09 Apr Thank you, Blizzard Entertainment First let me tell you that I imagine I am a lot like you. When I first started playing WoW back in the days, it was on first American open beta if I remember correctly. I have somewhat vague memories of our small personal IRC-room exploding when anyone of us managed to reach the registration page after frantically trying for hours. However, that was not the first time I met you, Blizzard Entertainment. The first time we met, I was probably eight years old. Even vaguer are these memories, but I do have them, and I do remember playing The Lost Vikings, after the almost ritualistic run to the toy store every time you went to the mall, on the video game consoles there. Since then, and before then (believe me when I say that I was already an experienced gamer when I first tried the Lost Vikings. As a six year old I got up 6am in the morning and went to a friend’s place so we could press play on tape on his Commodore 64 before going to pre-school), I have lived much of my life through video games. I guess I did mostly two things as a kid, I played soccer/football with friends and I played video/computer games. As you might have guessed already, this didn’t exactly slow down when as my life went on. Quite the opposite. I’ve spent much of my years on a Nintendo, SEGA, AMIGA, PC or a PlayStation. The first MMORPG I played was not exactly massive, so I guess it is a MORPG, but at the time it was the biggest thing around for me. It was a MUD (for everyone born in the 90s: a text based MMO) called Discworld and it still lives on today, just like World of Warcraft. As a teenager I always wanted to be part of the game creating process myself, and dreamed of being a game developer. I am not a game developer however, but I am a software engineer and I do still love gaming. Close enough? When WoW was then officially released in Europe, I actually didn’t play at all for a year. I had escaped town and was studying at a tiny art school out in the middle of nowhere with pretty much broken internet. But after a year or so when I finally got too jealous of my friends playing the game, I decided to buy it and start playing. It ended up with me having talks with my teachers for missing too many classes, but I did fix that. What followed was pretty much constant playing. It gave me a lot of fun times, but to be fair it almost broke me completely too. I won’t blame you Blizzard, but the reason my political science studies broke down was because of too much kebab and raiding. Don’t worry, as you know, I’m a software engineer now and it’s much more fun! But that required me quitting WoW altogether for a long time. Since MoP I have only played the “single player content” as I say, levelling up to max level only to quit again. I do enjoy the lore and the story telling, and always have. To be frank, I didn’t always like what you did. I was for a long time the kind of player who agreed when you were accused of “dumbing the game down”. Which I now am able to see as simply making the game accessible to more people. However, I do also still think that you forgot about the likes of me, for better or worse, and I still do. My WoW career was always very hardcore’ish, I suppose. I went to the same high school and knew some of the guys who basically founded and raided with the classic alliance guild Forte, so I guess there must’ve been something in our water at school. (No, I never played in Forte, only as a casual much later on). I did however end up raiding in the top 50 guilds of the world, and I did play over 3000 rated arena matches (I’m one of those 2100 scrubs, WoTLK-scale) between when you started counting and when I stopped playing in Cataclysm somewhere. And even though WoW in a way crashed my life, I now in hindsight know it strengthened me too. It gave me confidence. To be able to play WoW together with so many other players and accomplish what truly was, and is, hard, gave me a lot of confidence in the end. It was after my WoW-crash I decided to pursue my new studies and become a software engineer, and it was because of my WoW accomplishments this depressed nerd of a guy found the courage to move to Stockholm, escape unemployment, and start anew. Going from basically a nobody to a respected guild member who killed internet dragons fast, may sound uber nerdy, and maybe it is. But it was still a context where progress was hard and cooperation was of the essence, and to pull of what we did week after week really gave me the understanding of what other persons in general and myself in particular were capable of, if we did things together the right way. I do really believe you helped me understand this. And much of my thanks to you is for exactly that. And that is no small deal. Anyway, why do I tell you all this? Because after all you’ve given to me I think it’s time to give back. And with my background with gaming in general and with you in particular I thought maybe that you will appreciate if I tell you what I think of the current expansion and the future. To be honest, I was very surprised. I’m only level 101 and I’m very late into this expansion, but this is an awesome expansion. The class based legendary weapon progress structure feels just right, and frankly I thought the talent system was too simple when I played through Draenor. The class halls or what you call them are great too, and the fact that they give me an old-school vibe makes the balance between better accessibility and more immersion good. And to send me to the Western Plaguelands to visit Uther’s grave the first thing I do after getting to Dalaran is just brilliant story wise, for attracting players like me. I’ve always been the RP nerd in the closet, never RP’d as such, but always loved the lore. And bringing back a dedicated quest line for each class (I assume that’s how it is?) is such an awesome idea. I’m not exaggerating when I do feel old the old days when I play this expansion. The quests, and storylines and zones give me vanilla, TBC and WotlK vibes in a way that the expansions before this one lack. The small dungeon-esque world bonus quests are so fun too, I can really appreciate this side of the game now that I have virtually no time for raiding. To me and my personal preference, it feels like you’re winning me back. We have a small puppy right now so I probably won’t start raiding anytime soon, but this expansion you can be sure I’m going to visit every dungeon. And I’m already looking forward for the coming expansion in August. By the way, tell your movement-animation-to-ground-mapping-guys that one of the things I’ve always loved with this game is its sense of real immersion, compared to other failed MMOs. The seamless loadings between zones is absolutely crucial for this, but what was also super important for me was the movement and “how the feet landed on the ground”. The fact that WoW-characters have very natural run animations with no “floating” or weirdness about them made the immersion so much stronger. Game-changer for me. So thank you Blizzard Entertainment, for everything! All the best, AndersLorthe1 09 Apr
09 Apr Starting again after a long break Hi all, I have been thinking of playing wow again (last time i played was 2010/11) since I want something that will last me a long time if i get back into the swing of things. Upon checking my account I have up to Warlords expansion. My situation is that i will be able to play wow until the summer, then I wont be able to play it again until the start of October. Is it worth me getting the Battle for Azeroth & Legion bundle and learn the game for 2 months, the come back in october and continue, or wait until october to buy the expansions?Deathlynight3 09 Apr