New/Returning Player Questions & Guides

24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 10/07/2017) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
9h Helpful People List For New Players Continued Pt3 Old threads are now full, again. Glad to see it being so popular! Don't be afraid newbies to add us ^_^ We wouldn't put our tags here if we weren't happy with you contacting us! Me especially. First Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7714001606 Second Thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8048825633?page=1 Same as the previous thread, don't expect these people to shower you in gold and items. We're here to give advice not play the game for you. Name: Realm: Faction: RealID/BattleTag: (You don't need to put this here if you don't want to.) Assistance: List of Helpful People No.2 Name: Waffles Realm: Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Jani#2877 Assistance: I can help with all kinds of advice about the game, including information on classes, gold making, fight mechanics and also lore. Pretty much, if you have a question about the game, there's a 98% chance I can answer it. Never hesitate to just add my Battletag and say hi. Name: Dalator Realm: Silvermoon/Argent Dawn Faction: Alliance (used to play horde) Btag: Fishhoox#2600 Assistance: Well if you need guidance in almost anything I probably have an answer (if not I'll look it up). I'm raiding heroic raids, I do pvp and I got 8 lvl 90's, I do a bit roleplaying and I might be an achievment hunter so I assume I have a wide diversity of knowledge in the game. Basically I don't mind helping people because I'm lonely and bored :/ And yes I was a newbie once too. Name: (Depends on the current character I use) Realm: Maghteridon/Moonglade/ArgentDawn/Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance -(also secretly part of the Scourge/Naga) RealID/BattleTag: MRTF#2579 Assistance: I'm pretty much an expert on lvl 15-75 dungeons. (Since I've done them too many times :p). I can also help when it comes to battle pets, classes/spezialications, general issues, transmogrification, any profession advice lvls 1-400s. How to Tank/DPS/Heal. Few RP advices, PvP suggestions (but I'm not as good as in MoP). Name: Ionis, Trusthoof, That guy that loves to hear himself talk. Realm/Faction: Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) / The Sha'tar (Horde) Real ID: Ionis#2574 Assistance: - Explaining basics of game mechanics for all roles and most classes. - Primary and Secondary professions (except Engineering) - Basics of PvP and battlegrounds - All group content between levels 15 and 80 (Cataclysm and Pandaria is a little blurry :) ) - Suggesting useful game addons. - Lore, roleplaying. Name: Ninjaattack Realm: Stormreaver / Spinebreaker /Dragonmarw /Vashj. (Cross-realm) Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Sarah#2620 Assistance: Anything! Will gladly with dungeons, Pvp, killing players from the other faction, quests.. u name it ;) Just write to me in-game, and i'll help u and answer all the questions u probably have (as good as i can). See ya in Azeroth! :P Name: Wìsky Realm: Draenor/Silvermoon Faction: Horde/Alliance Battle Tag: Wìsky#2483 Assistance: Have been playing this game for a long time so I can help you with anything really. If you have questions about the game, your class, addons and whatnot or just wanna talk and make a new friend I'm always available. Name: Tacitaalma Realm: Anachronos - alonsus Faction: Horde Assistance: Any, I am a skilled girl. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Aenaar Realm: Kazzak (EU) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Aenaar#2103 Assistance: Pretty much anything with the exception of currency. Feel free to approach me for any help or if you would like to chat or make friends. I am happy to guide, teach and will come to assist if you are in trouble. I have been in World of Warcraft for about 8 years and will gladly share experiences that may help you in your adventures. Name: Felthrian Realm: Sylvanas Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: ((Will Update when I can log in later)) Assistance: I can help you with PvP, I'm a keen lover of lore and as such know quite a lot of it and have done most of the quests in the game. Always happy to help new players into the game in any way I can, I've played casually for a very long time so can give advice on most topics, or just have a chat and play some BGs or Arena with you! Name: Wolfz Realm: Aggra / Grim Batol Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: xInesx#2449 Assistance: Can assist with introduction to raiding and gearing up your character, new player tip, competiive pvp ( to an extent not every class) and weekly arena caps , currency (gold) farm - AH playing. speak portuguese , english , french spanish or italian. only lend currency if i see its justified. i'm mainly an experienced feral druid ( since wotlk ) and holy paladin (since early cata) Our guild also happens to be recruiting but u must be portuguese for that.. Name: Whis Realm: Daggerspine (or any other i'm on) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Ocodot#2978 Assistance: I can help with nearly everything except for advanced raiding since I'm mainly PvP focused. I've played since WoW launch so I am extremely familiar with the game and it's mechanics. I can help you understand your class, anything PvP, gearing, weekly conquest cap, basic mechanics. Name: Melthazina Realm: Magtheridon (main) Faction: Alliance / Horde RealID/BattleTag: Pharazon #2864 Assistance: I've played WoW on and off since its release in 2005, and through that time I've played all classes and levelled numerous alts, many classes several times. I from Northern Norway, have a streak of Viking blood and know how to curse for an extended period of time without using the same word twice. Despite that I bark worse than I bite so don't be scared of throwing me a whisper if you're ever stuck on something, or generally just want to chat :) Name: Anwraith Realm: Chamber of Aspects Faction: Horde New player trying to understand how to navigate the game. I reached level 8 in a few hours and then got stuck when I couldn't find an avatar to obtain my next quest from. I have read the new player guide and many posts on these forms but I haven't seen a topic dealing with learning how to move around in the World. I don't know where to look for a quest giver, or a vendor to unload the excess baggage from my quests and if I knew where, I don't know what to read to learn what can be found where or how to navigate from where I am to other designated locations that haven't been targeted on the map with a quest. Name: Dreams/Medea/Medzie Realm: Draenor/Kazzak/Sylvanas Faction: Horde/Alliance BattleTag:Nikil#2653 Assistance: I've played this game since vanilla across multiple accounts over the time I have done and achieved many things in game I have done decent amount of PvP and cleared end raids on hardest difficulty during its time period, I have farmed various achievements, reputations, mounts and pets over the years and farmed a lot of gold easily I can help you with all of this + help with general questions, leveling tips and how to get into raiding and pvp and all sort of other stuff the one thing I cannot help you with is battle pets I am sorry:( . The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started I was lucky to have friends brother who was fairly experienced I asked him all sort of questions without him I would be nowhere and I would like to give the same opportunity to new players now to give you an example of my stupid questions "Why can mobs see and attack me if I'm hiding behind a tree?" anything you ask wont be as bad as that so go for it. Also please note if I'm raiding I may not be able to respond but during breaks or after raid I definitely will answer your question.Waffles26 9h
1d Recruit a Friend Requests Please feel free to reply to this thread if you’re looking for a friend to recruit, or if you wish to be recruited by a friend. We only ask that you follow the other forum guidelines, and restrict these requests to only the specific thread on the official forums. How to Recruit a Friend - World of Warcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXMpfPb6Ok IMPORTANT: Please be careful about sharing your account details with people. Posting your RealID or any other personal information on a public forum isn't a great idea!Vaneras4577 1d
20 Sep [Information] Starter Account for returning players You will likely be aware by now that some changes have taken place in 6.1 for returning players that have frozen accounts. Some sites have named this a "Veteran Account" though it is not officially named such. I thought I would make a quick post to let you know what this is all about. If an account becomes frozen, i.e. player has unsubbed or is no longer adding game time, characters above level 20 will be locked out from play, theses characters will be marked as [Inactive] on the character selection screen. You can however create new characters which will have the mostly the same limitations as a starter account:- Can't play expansion-restricted content (new continents, etc). Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks. Can't participate in Pet Battles. Can't disable experience gains. Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House. Can't use voice chat or Real ID. Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc). If you know starter accounts well, you will see that some of the restrictions of a starter account are not listed above. A player that has a full account but has no game time can play on a low level character but as opposed to having all the starter account restrictions, the following extra permissions have been granted:- Can join guilds their other characters are members of. Can whisper characters that are members of your current guild. Can use guild chat in addition to the say and party channels. You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g. Full information can be found in the updated support article found here:- https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faqShammoz39 20 Sep
7h The Slang Dictionary - For New Players The Slang Dictionary - For New Players: Dictionary? Looking that up in the dictionary, I'd say this was more of an alphabetical list...:) Letters T-Z have been moved to http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2394021476?page=3 due to a post limit of 5000 words. Also at the bottom of that page is a list of dungeon and zones abbreviations - they're also in the "dictionary", but just there as a summariser sort of thing. WARNING: This post may contain some strong language. So we all know World of Warcraft slang, more than half the player base uses it because they're too lazy to type with proper punctuation and grammar. (No offense meant.) I am going to keep track of slang (post if I've forgotten any, or you want to make a contribution). This includes in-game slang like Org (Orgrimmar) etc. # ^^ = See above (I agree^) means I agree with the post above, (I agree^^) means I agree with the post two above. 2 =To/too/two. 4 = For. 5m = 5 man. 10m = 10 man. 25m = 25 man. 40m = 40 man. 1h = 1 handed. 2h = 2 handed. A AB = Arathi Basin (Battleground available from level 10). Achiev/Achi = Achievement. ad/add = Additional monster. afk = Away from keyboard, Not at computer. Afaik = As far as I know. Aggro = Focus of monsters aggresion. Agi = Agility (stat). AH = Auction House. alch/alc = Alchemist (a profession you can learn from a trainer). alli/ally = Alliance (the faction). alt = Alternate character (your main is your account with the highest level or most achievement points, or possibly the one you're leveling the most at that time, the rest of them are alts). AoE = Area of effect (a spell that effects multiple targets within a radius). AoP/AotP = Aspect of the Pack (hunter spell). AP = Attack power. Archi/Archm = Archimonde (Final boss in "Battle for Mount Hyjal", burning crusade raid (I think...?)). Asap = As soon as possible. Atm = At the moment. AV = Alterac Valley (battleground unlocked at (level 40?)). B B4 = Before. Bb = Bye bye. Bbl = Be back later. Bbs = Be back soon. BC = Burning Crusade. BE/Belf = Blood elf (Horde race). Bf = Boyfriend. Bg/Bgs = Battleground/Battlegrounds (Unlocked at level 10). BiS = Best in slot (Eg. You have 2 chest pieces, one has 58 armour and the other 20. The 58 armour one is BiS). BL = Blood Lust (Shaman move). Blizz = Blizzard, the company that made World of Warcraft. Blue = Blizzard employee poster, basically on the forums they're the people who's text is blue! BoA = Bind on account. BoE = Bind on equip. BoK = Blessing of Kings (Paladin buff) BoM = Blessing of Might (Paladin buff) Boomkin = Moonkin (Balance druid shapeshift spell). BoP = Bind on pickup. BoT = Bastion of twilight (Cataclysm raid). BoU = Bind on use. BR/Bres = Battle Ressurection (only available to some classes). Brb = Be right back. Brt = Be right there. Bs = Bladestorm - warrior move / Blacksmith (a profession you can learn from a trainer). Btw = By the way. Buff = Beneficial spell. Bwl = Blackwing lair. Bwd = Blackwing Descent (Cataclysm raid). C Cata = Cataclysm (3rd expansion pack.) Cba = Can't be ar$ed. Cbt = Closed beta test. Cc = Crowd control. CD = Cooldown. Char = Character. Comp = Composition (of whatever it may be), usually used in arena. CoT = Caverns of time. Cow = Tauren. CP = Conquest points Conquest points (Awarded for arena and completing battlegrounds at max level) /Combo points (Rogue and Feral druid only). Crit = Critical hit. CR/CRes = Combat resurrection (only available to some classes). CS = Critical Strike / Counterspell (Mage ability that interrupts an enemy casting a spell). Cya = See you. D Dal/Dala/Dally = Dalaran, Wrath of the Lich King major city. Darn/Dar = Darnassus, Night elf capital. Dc/Dc'd = Disconnect/Disconnected. DD = Direct damage. Debuff = Reductionary spell that has an undesirable effect on the player. Ding = Level up. Disc = Discipline Priest (Priest healing spec). DK = Death Knight, Wrath of the Lich King "hero" class. Dkp = Dragon kill points (used by some guilds for looting system). Dmg = Damage. Dnd = Do not disturb. Dot = Damage over time. Dpm = Damage per mana. Dps = Damage per second. (You want this as high as possible!) Dru/Drood = Druid. Dtps = Damage taken per second. DW = Dual wield/Don't worry. E Efc = Enemy flag carrier. (Applies in battlegrounds: Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks). Ele = Elemental Shaman (Shaman ranged Dps talent specialization) Epgp = A point-based loot system used by raids and parties. En/Enc = Enchanter (A profession available from trainers). Enc/Enh = Enhancement Shaman (Shaman melee Dps talent specialization). EoS = Eye of the storm (battleground). Er = Entangling roots (druid spell). Expn/Exp/Expan = Expansion, like Cataclysm, Wrath of the Lich King and The Burning Crusade. EDIT: And now Mists of Pandaria! Ex/Exd = Exodar, Draenei capital. Exp = Experience gained in-game from killing monsters, handing in quests and completing dungeons and battlegrounds.Deathdruidii118 7h
8h Best Tank. Hi there,i`am new tank .I have DH tank and i made Mythic +12 with him ( + 1 hour extra time ) itm lvl 924. My question is : Which tank is best or better? I have read that DH is the last tank :D . I play mythic+ and heroic raid .I like pve content.I have 103 druid.Druid is better than DH? TyIngerul4 8h
9h How to get good gear? I just found out that I can get some fine items from heroic dungeons and with some luck even legendary that dropped for somebody in my group on my first try. In that dungeon there was also Demon Hunter that dealt 90% of our damage and told me to get Deadly Boss Mods because it is really good addon which I never wanted to try since it looks confusing and possibly annoying. But the question is how and where can I get proper gear. At the moment I have item level 843 from time to time I see some item in world quests and my Pawn addon tells me it's good so I go for it. I just found out that those dungeons are alright also. Raids annoy me and I do not find anything of interest in them but it is possibility and I know basics of Obliterum. Could you recommend me anything else or give any tips of how do you get quickly geared up?Archatram9 9h
9h Suggestions for new players. Being a returning player myself I noticed that Legion is really unbalanced and broken when it comes to world pvp. You can not as a new player survive if you are not a rogue or a cat. People will hunt you, people will corpse camp you, and people will corpse camp your flight post. Yes, people are morons, but that's how it is. Right now there are not many factions that are balanced. Either Alliance is underdog or Horde is the underdog. The forced pvp has created dead factions everywhere which will be an evil wheel that will spin until those servers are only filled with Alliance or Horde depending on which side that has won. Until the new improved pvp system which is "pvp on in cities only" arrives this is the only solution to the problem as I have seen. Start a Rogue or a Cat (Druid ofc) REMEMBER, PVP servers are NOT fair battles, it's not exciting battles it's angry people and kids that want to take out their anger on YOU. You will be ganked by several skull levels. As a rogue you can take your revenge upon them but as something else, forget it. I personally moved my priest to a PvE server and then starting to get used to the "pvp on" system and removal of PVP servers that is soon to be implemented. By doing so I invite those that want to fight me to fight me. Because I am someone that does not gank and never attack first it works perfectly for me. I still get my thrill and the ganker will have to pay a price if they gank me. Then they will have to hide away for 5 min or they will be a target by another ganker that will have the option to ATTACK FIRST. For some classes that are critical in Legion because the pvp is unbalanced and broken right now. So far no high lvl have attacked me. PvE people is way more mature than kids on the pvp servers. As a rogue on a PVP server, you can survive even if you are alone. Just choose your battles and strike when the time is right. So, I'm leaving my rogue on the pvp server because it will survive there. Good luck, and see you in the game.Chryse0 9h
9h Returned after a year off, trying to get back into it. Hi everyone I recently came back after about a year off (last played at the start of Legion) and have been trying to get back into the swing of things over the past week. However, I would appreciate if I could get some clarification on a few things: 1. How to get started on Mythics? I did some M+ early in Legion, but as I understand it, the whole thing was reworked during the expansion. Am I geared enough to start (ilvl915)? If yes, at what level should I start? Just plain Mythic? 2. Looking through group finder, people aren't asking for ilvl anymore, but rather listing some numbers (like +1500 or +1900). I have no idea what this is and would appreciate an explanation. 3. When does artifact knowledge kick in for new characters? I was happy to see that AK was brought up for everyone recently, as it meant playing catch-up wouldn't be impossible for my main. However, when I switched to a level 100 alt that was just starting in Legion, all AP items were once again giving 50-100 AP. Did I misunderstand how AK works or does it kick in at some point? Should I hoard my AP items early on for new characters?Capybarra3 9h
9h Am i too late for Legion? Wondering if im too late to get the legion expansion.Owlar13 9h
11h Do I need to purchase every single expansion? So I purchased the Battle chest years ago and I believe it came with the base game and Burning Crusade, I've just ordered Wrath of the Lich King, Catacylsm and Mists of Pandaria. Was this necessary? After a quick Google search I feel that I only need to purchase Warlords of Draenor and Legion. So, does the base game that I currently have contain all of the other expansions, or will I need to continue with my purchase for all the expansions?Fixwell24 11h
13h Not played Since Woltk Need advice on a server Morning/Afternoon ladies and gentlemen i am returning after like a 8 years break / not played till yesterday since Wrath of the leet king :) Left my Sub running Been in WA mining iron ore since Late 09 and Couldn't find a new mining trainer :P. Now im back home for now and just after some advice on a new server im thinking of rolling Horde since the new char models. Mabe going resto shaman/resto monk looks fun so if any help on where to find a new home for a Veteran like me any info would be appreciated. CheersGrimbone4 13h
15h Silvermoon for new and returning players... Join us! WE HAVE MOVED WE ARE NOW ON SILVERMOON! If your newly returned to WoW after a long time away, or if your a new player looking for a home then please consider having a look at our guild introduction post here: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616753787#1 TLDR on that post: We don't want to rush! We dont want to powerlevel! We don't want to be 'rushed' through dungeons. We want to take our time, and enjoy the game. We do not want to get to max level as quickly as possible. We are old... :P We offer a place to the more mature WoW player who's 'been round the block a few times' shall we say. We are (now) on the Silvermoon server, so if you dont have a character there already you will need to re-roll but we think it's worth it. We are an ALLIANCE guild. Thanks for your consideration. ArtArteruk43 15h
15h PvP Flying irl job! I love pvp... It's the only reason I play wow. I want to be able to fly in Legion but am being forced to do a rediculous pile of pve tosh. I have an irl job, son and gf and don't have the time. So tell me... how does catch up work for flying... because it should be made available for casual players on catch up. Also why isn't there a pvp catchup route... or are pvp players second class citizens in wow. This upsets me enough to hang up my arena gloves and quit wow... after playing since vanilla beta! Blue response?Fufek7 15h
17h TSM price in TSM, I would like to post 200 different items on 100 gold price, how can I modify 200 items price with one click? each 100g...Genyowarrí2 17h
20h Mobile char PvE/PvP Hello. Im looking for nice mobile class, I want to play a lot of BGs, some arenas mythics and raids. I feel like subtlety rogue is a bit too hard for me in PvP and also I want to try something new. Thought about monk but I dont really like Bruce Lee style, also tried DH at the begging of expansion it was not too bad but I remember I felt a little bit squishy in PvE but my gear was meh a little bit, didnt test him in PvP.Xecty2 20h
1d Back after a 2 year (??) break... Any advice? So I last played draenor and I remember having a fairly kitted out garrison with shipyard.. I remember being fairly kitted out and starting on an alt before I left... And i Remeber maybe finishing the legendary quest... I think. I don't remember being around for any patches.... So what should I do in order to get my main ready for the next expansion? Would rather not be playing old content when then new one arrived..... Thanks :)Elderzugzug4 1d
1d Leveling They should probably buff the trash, this is kind of ridiculous (haven't played since 2010). I am excited for the leveling rework though w/ expanded leveling range. But can we find a common ground here? I'm not asking for dungeons to be hard like the old days but not as easy as the tank just mindlessly pulling mobs in dungeon finder.Zuojin3 1d
1d 7 year break So I've gotten to lv 73 so far. I just would like some general advice on what I can do to progress PvP wise as that's what I enjoy. Cheers.Zuojin1 1d
1d Dungeon difficulty settings Hi guys! Having a problem(?) with the "Right click character portrait-->Dungeon difficulty-->Normal/Heroic/Mythic" setting. I was going to End Time for a quest and realized heroic might be to much and thought I'd try normal instead. Outside the dungeon, selecting normal and the horrible skull disappears from the portal, but entering it switch back to heroic and is greyed out. And yes, it's been some time since last try, so it should be reset. (several days ago, at least) (Side note, I recently got Murozond down to about 14% on heroic, so I might just make it anyway :P .) But still wondering how it works, I've seen this several times on different dungeons, switching between normal/heroic.Ragthain3 1d
1d <Redeemer of souls> Chambers of Aspect Hello everyone, as title says <Redeemer of souls> are recruting active playeres we are in need of officers, but we are accepting all kind of players, our main rule is to be active and comunicative. Guild is mostly for fun and comunicating, we are planing many fun events, also in guild you can find your leveling mate, daily quest mate you can find PvE groups and PvP buddys. We are helpfoul and frendly. Feel free to /whisper Wildzen (guild master), Patycake (co. guild master) or you can whisper me in game, also feel free to make apply in-game or leave post here. :) Regrads to everyone!Elenori1 1d
1d Geting in to raiding. Hello and greetings. All my life I have been a dedicated pvp player and I was happy with that. Then I took a brake from wow and just now returned. For now I'm a 930ilvk feral Druid and I'm looking to join the Pve side of the game. Especially the new upcoming raid. But I'm facing an issue that to get in to raiding world the request of curve archievment hits my face regularly. Since I haven't played pve before I lack it . What would your suggestion how to get in to the raiding groups and get thoes spots in raids to secure the new raids curve. Looking for your ideas :)Lazykitty7 1d
2d Recruit a Friend question Hello! I hope this isn't an inappropiate thread, since RAF threads seem to be... controversial, to say the least! I want to recruit a friend. A friend in real life, that is. He created an account less than 30 days ago, so I take it that it's valid for RAF, right? Either way, it doesn't matter. While of course I want to play with him, I'd also like to get the rewards! And this is where my question comes in. I see that the accounts are linked for 90 days since the recruit's account was created, and that's for the experience boost, extra levels and all that. If he takes more than 90 days to do the whole "upgrading to a full account, getting a 2 months subscription", does that mean that I won't get the free 30 days and the mount? Thanks!Arlaeth6 2d
3d Follower with the bodyguard trait When I built a level 2 barracks, I placed there a follower with the bodyguard trait thinking he'll fight alongside with me (as the description read) but he didn't. He's "working" in barracks instead. How does that bodyguard thing work? Will I have a wingman when he finishes working or is it the description that was written wrong?Grimmbg1 3d
3d druid What druid spec is the easiest to play?Hiubsch2 3d
3d Returning player looking for a new home Returning to wow after a 6 month break and I have no idea where to call home. I have characters ranging in levels on a few servers, but feel like I might want a fresh start. Any suggestions? Ideally a PVE server and I'm mainly interested in re-exploring the world, leveling, pet and mount collecting until next XP. :)Darpha0 3d
3d Looking for a new PVE server, help! :) Greetings all! :) I'm looking for a new PvE to start playing with my son, as alliance. Silvermoon seems like a good server, but listed as "high" atm. We would like to avoide long queues etc, since we dont have that great amount of time each day. So looking at the server list, every singel server except Silvermoon and Draenor is listed as "low". But, I have no idea what server is " x-server" with another server...so it feels populated anyway. Hope someone is able to give me a tip or two, what server I could consider play on. Aslong as the server is english speaking, good amount of alliance to play with and also what other server it's connected with would be nice. Thanks in advance! :)Asheena17 3d
3d Torn between Pala and DK So yeah, torn between those 2, mostly gonna tank. Both of them are over 60-70 now. I enjoy both themes and playstyles. Which one is better?Draukhar1 3d
4d Get Bronze Drake before artisan I was wondering if i could possibly get the bronze drake even if i dont have artisan riding atm.Nexsd3 4d
4d Warrior - How to use a gun Hi, I play for my second character as a warrior on MoP and I don't know how to shoot. I have a gun, I read that I dont need ammo anymore, but I cant find any skills for shooting in spellbook. Could anyone tell me please?Diegos12 4d
4d Romanian language? is there any way i can use this languguage? i prefer to read in thisZamarak8 4d
4d Back after 1+ year of break Hello there! After Blizzcon and all exciting news about WoW, I am planning to return after a break. I stopped played just before Legion (doomcryers was around when I stopped). I am very curious about this expansion, despite I missed basically everything good about it. I'll deal with it. My questions are: what do you guys you think is better to focus on, on my way to 110? What to choose in order to prepare my game at 110? I am looking to do the best things in order to unlock key zones-factions-hub and so on. For those saying that questlines deserves my attention, I will have the time to enjoy the storylines on the army of alts ;) At 110 I will basically focus on PvE and achievements. Oh and hunt for that "1 more mog" feeling I have since its introduction. Thanks for your answers, and sorry for my english. Have a good game, see you around!Eonixx5 4d
4d Extremely hard to decide on class/race/faction I was always having a terrible experience with WoW when I had to choose my class/race/faction. With factions I always think about what I like and what I hate about each. Behaviour of each playerbase that I experienced. Atmosphere that each faction has. I also think about some lore stuff but not too heavily. I think about the future but also the past of each faction. But for me they are too well balanced. Could go into more detail but I am already trying to shorten it alot. With races I mostly play the ones that I find funny or the ones that I would like to be if I was in the WoW universe. With class it is the hardest propably and my opinions about each class can change from white to black color in a day. I could want to play Fire Mage for the destructive looking spells that he has, but then I would get disappointed with his terrible AOE that only is really usable when you get lucky. And that one thing can disgust me so much that I would delete the character even if it was halfway through to reach the level cap. So then I want class with good AOE. I make another character that has good AOE but his spells look boring and weak. So I find a class that has both things acceptably good. But then the class has something like long time to cast spells. I am sorry for making this post so long. But I have so many questions about this game and they just keep on stacking. I don't know if I am extremely undecisive or what is my problem. I am most likely going to make more posts asking questions about everything in the game. Also I do check wowhead and youtube very often for as many guides and tips and tricks as I can. But also very often they are not telling me enough information to be satisfied. This whole problem I describe in this post then leads to making around 3-6 characters in a week and most of the times deleting them all. Leveling then those characters again and again is even worse since it gets so repetitive. Please somebody help me. Also sorry for making the post so long.Archatram2 4d
4d Champions of Legionfall Quest Bug Hi guys. I need some help with the Champion Of Legionfall quest. So it says I am supposed to go to my class order hall and recruit a new champion. But when I get there, nothing happens. I have searched on youtube and there is supposed to be quest at Rensar Greathoof but there is nothing there. Any fellow Druid or nice guys that can help me? Much Thanks, MaattssonMaattsson12 4d
4d How to choose server? With the whole WoW's server system, cross realms, battlegroups and all that, what are really differences between servers? Is it better to look for server with evenly spread population between Horde and Alliance? Or it doesn't matter because of how realms are connected? If choosing PvP world, the only difference is there is PvP allowed in an open world? But for example in a server with 95% Horde, playing that faction you wont be encountering any enemies at all? Since server are connected afaik, does it really matter if you choose high population server? Does only difference will be how many people you see in capital/Dalaran (or whatever main hub there will be next xpac) ? What are the advantages of choosing high populated realm of your choosen faction vs a slightly less populated realm spread evenly between both factions? I played through Legion as Alliance on EU RPPVP Defias Brotherhood CR, which has a total population of around 500k (according to realmpop) evenly spread between Horde and Alliance. So i have 250k people to chat and choose guild and 250k enemies for world pvp. Now i'm trying to decide if roll horde on this server, or choose Stromscale with 680k, from which 650k is Horde. And have that amount to chat and guilds, but wouldn't it then mean that almost every player i encounter in the world is Horde, and any open PVP content would be nonexistent, or does crossrealm zones cover that?Sharkhe18 4d
4d Reputation I have just restarted playing wow in 7.3 and my question is what is the moust effective way to gain the reputations needed for the flying archievment ?Lazykitty3 4d
5d Stuck around ilvl 915 ish Hi all I hope you're able to give me a tip or two :) Not long ago I decided to get back into wow again, and so far having a great time! :) I'm soon done with Pathfinder part 1 & 2, and can soon finally fly around and get things done faster :) But, I most of the time play solo...and that's fine with me since I dont have that much time for gaming. And right now I'm stuck on my ilvl, and I hear peaple speak of titanforging and ilvl boosts etc....not sure what that means but, is it possible for me to progress solo a bit higher on my ilvl? and or what should I keep doing. I've tried most of the LFT, all world quests frequently. Also on arguss I've been doing those "green" portals that spawns around and also been looking out for world bosses. But gear I get is maxed around 895ish. What am I doing wrong? :-/Asheena3 5d
5d Back from WoD Hello there! After Blizzcon and all exciting news about WoW, I am planning to return after a break. I stopped played just before Legion (doomcryers was around when I stopped). I am very curious about this expansion, despite I missed basically everything good about it. I'll deal with it. My question is: what do you guys you think is better to focus on, on my way to 110? What to choose in order to better "prepare" my game at level cap? Since this expansion Illidan is around, I don't want him saying me I am not prepared, you know... I will basically focus on PvE, mounts and achievements. Oh and hunt for that "1 more mog" feeling I have since its introduction. Thanks for your answers, and sorry for my english. Have a good game, see you around!Eonixx7 5d
6d Returning Player, Need Tips for Draenor Pathfinder Hi Fellow Adventurers, Recently returned to WoW, managed to get my gf involved aswell so RAF'd nice and quick through all the old content i have already experienced. Got to 90 but now i really want to try kill 2 birds with 1 stone, by leveling to 100 and unlocking flying in WoD. Its awesome to be back! I stopped playing shortly after WoD released. My questions is as follows, what is the easiest way to level through Draenor while also working towards unlocking flying for WoD. Luckily i completed Draenor Loremaster when i last played, so I just need the rest of that Draenor Pathfinder achievement? Any tips on how to do this efficiently as possibleDaerine6 6d
14 Nov Battlenet invisibility and WoW Can your friends see you as online in their WoW friends-list even if you're set to invisible on Battlenet? And if yes: What happens when you delete someone from your friend's list in-game WoW? Will that remove them as REAL-ID too?Sithel2 14 Nov
14 Nov Returning player afraid of abandoning quests I haven't played in some time, way before 7.2 I think. When I came back, there were a bunch of quests screaming at me, and not the usual yellow kind, but dark orange. Thing is, my quest log was full, and I deleted a bunch of dungeon / raid quests. I have no idea which were important in any way. I know there was a long quest chain that took you trough raids (something something power) and was important for ... something, I think a legendary weapon appearance, maybe. My question is this: If I did abandon an important quest, do they all appear on the map, not minimap, or are some trickier and I have to find the quest source again. My real fear is an important quest, that you get from an item, which I may have deleted.Ælana4 14 Nov
14 Nov Opposite faction PvP gear Hi guys Is there a way to obtain Alliance version of Legion Season 3 and 4 PvP gear? I really like its color scheme and I think it's perfect set for frost mageGondawn1 14 Nov
14 Nov Choosing class for pvp (solo) I have been away from the game for a While and im now looking for a class to roll for pvp. I prefer a dps class with rather high survivability and not to depending on a healer. Things have changed a bit since i last played so i dont really know what class does what. Doesnt really matter if its a melee or range. If you got any suggestions i would love to hear it! ty in advance<3Umbrìa2 14 Nov
13 Nov Cross-Realm Zones basics question. World PvP. Greetings. I came back to the game after a very long time of not playing it. Obviously, I have some questions about the game. That's what this part of the forum is for, right? My topic was deleted twice. I don't know how else can I find help about the questions I have about the game. What should I do? I'm not even being explained about why my topic is deleted. I'm not asking anything bad. I want to know about new Cross-Realm Fearure. Is it forbidden to discuss it here? Then show me where should I ask about it. I haven't palyed the game for seven years! Where else am I to find help if not here? WTF?!Telrynn9 13 Nov
13 Nov Beware of the crooked Tree Hi mates, I don't see the NPC for this quest ... I'm at the right location and it's not showing up. I check in youtube this quest and the guy just go straight and the NPC was there for the quest. Is it a bug or i'm missing something ? When i check the info for the quest, there is nothing special. Edit : Resolved.Azzatoth2 13 Nov
12 Nov Cross-Realm Zones basics question. World PvP. I'm not particularly amused with the current state of the game. I have 4 days left till my subscription expires. My previous topic (exact copy of this one) has been deleted without any explanation. I fail to see why would this happen. I am certanly new to the game after six years of not palying it and my question is game-related, doesn't carry any ill will and doesn't seem to provoke any hate. I am new to the game. I need help. If my topic is deleted again without any explanation provided, I won't continue my subscription. Thank you. - - - - - - - - - Greetings. TL;DR: Does CRZing exists in current-expansion locations? If not, is there any info on if Blizzard plan to expand CRZing to all existing content, current expansions included? Came back after a six-years pause. Am passionate PvP player. Love world PvP. WoW won't be the same for me without it. I know few about Cross-Realm Zoning. It wasn't around when I've played the game and I don't have a relevant-level character to properly test it myself. Info I've found on the internet about it is scarce, outdated and generally not very through. Does CRZing exists in current-expansion locations? If not, is there any info on if Blizzard plan to expand CRZing to all existing content, current expansions included? Basically, I'm worried about creating my character on a one-sided server and after leveling him up to level 100 and investing a lot of time and love into the process, figuring out the world is now empty and void of any PvP unless I transfer to a more balanced server. P.S. Any advices on chosing a good wPvP server? I've heard only good things about Defias Brotherhood server group, but since they are RP servers they shouldn't have any CRZing with other servers which almost guranteed will lead to a poor leveling experience both wPvP-wise and atosphere-wise. Defias looks more like a candidate to transfer to after reaching current expansion because of a very healthy fraction balance. Thanks in advance. :3Telrynn0 12 Nov
12 Nov Cross-Realm Zones basics question. World PvP. TL;DR: Does CRZing exists in current-expansion locations? If not, is there any info on if Blizzard plan to expand CRZing to all existing content, current expansions included? Greetings. Came back after a six-years pause. Am passionate PvP player. Love world PvP. WoW won't be the same for me without it. I know few about Cross-Realm Zoning. It wasn't around when I was playing the game and I don't have a relevant-level character to properly test it myself. Info I've found on the internet about it is scarce, outdated and generally not very through. Does CRZing exists in current-expansion locations? If not, is there any info on if Blizzard plan to expand CRZing to all existing content, current expansions included? Basically, I worry about creating my character on a one-sided server and after leveling him up to level 100 and investing a lot of time and love into him, figuring out the world is now empty and void of any wPvP challenge unless I transfer to a more balanced server. P.S. Any advices on chosing a good wPvP server? I've heard only good things about Defias Brotherhood server group, but since they are a RP server group, they shouldn't have any CRZing with other non-RP servers which almost guranteed will lead to a poor leveling experience both wPvP-wise and atmosphere-wise. Defias server looks more like a candidate to transfer to after reaching current expansion content to me because of a very healthy fractions balance. Thanks in advance. :3Telrynn0 12 Nov
12 Nov Lvl 103+! how often do world quests show up on the map? hi trying to lvl a alt but got to 103 and noticed some world quests in val with the Xp logo and they gave me around 60k+ xp which was awesome but not sure if those quests will come back!! seen some talk about getting from 100-110 from just doing invasions but not sure if that's correct. if anyone could give me any info on this it would be great as i have been off a while due to work so not sure what changes in patches there's been yet in case of any changes etc. huge thanksMàttdemon4 12 Nov
12 Nov How to efficiently use RAF "Grant Level" feature? Greetings, I just recently got back into WoW, a former TBC player. A lot has changed since and I would like to get a few tips about the Refer-A-Friend feature. As you can see I am currently level 80, I have Refer-A-Friend with an IRL friend of mine and have been leveling with him since level 38. Now what is weird to me is the level granting feature - he can grant me levels, but not the other way around. So I would like to use the feature efficiently and get my buddy to level 100 and grant me as many levels as he can. The problem is that when we're not leveling together, he doesn't get the 300% XP bonus from RAF. How could my friend get to 100 fast alone? A higher leveling helping out in some way maybe? Kind Regards, AxinothAxinoth2 12 Nov