New/Returning Player Questions & Guides

24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 16/02/2017) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
1h Recruit a Friend Requests Please feel free to reply to this thread if you’re looking for a friend to recruit, or if you wish to be recruited by a friend. We only ask that you follow the other forum guidelines, and restrict these requests to only the specific thread on the official forums. How to Recruit a Friend - World of Warcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXMpfPb6Ok IMPORTANT: Please be careful about sharing your account details with people. Posting your RealID or any other personal information on a public forum isn't a great idea!Vaneras4337 1h
17 May Helpful People List For New Players Continued Pt3 Old threads are now full, again. Glad to see it being so popular! Don't be afraid newbies to add us ^_^ We wouldn't put our tags here if we weren't happy with you contacting us! Me especially. First Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7714001606 Second Thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8048825633?page=1 Same as the previous thread, don't expect these people to shower you in gold and items. We're here to give advice not play the game for you. Name: Realm: Faction: RealID/BattleTag: (You don't need to put this here if you don't want to.) Assistance: List of Helpful People No.2 Name: Vafler(A.K.A creator of this thread, Kailera/Waffles) Realm: Magtheridon Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Jani#2877 Assistance: I can help with all kinds of advice about the game, including information on classes, gold making and fight mechanics. I also stream at https://www.twitch.tv/kailera so feel free to jump into chat any time to ask a question, even if I'm not playing WoW at the time. Name: Dalator Realm: Silvermoon/Argent Dawn Faction: Alliance (used to play horde) Btag: Fishhoox#2600 Assistance: Well if you need guidance in almost anything I probably have an answer (if not I'll look it up). I'm raiding heroic raids, I do pvp and I got 8 lvl 90's, I do a bit roleplaying and I might be an achievment hunter so I assume I have a wide diversity of knowledge in the game. Basically I don't mind helping people because I'm lonely and bored :/ And yes I was a newbie once too. Name: (Depends on the current character I use) Realm: Maghteridon/Moonglade/ArgentDawn/Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance -(also secretly part of the Scourge/Naga) RealID/BattleTag: MRTF#2579 Assistance: I'm pretty much an expert on lvl 15-75 dungeons. (Since I've done them too many times :p). I can also help when it comes to battle pets, classes/spezialications, general issues, transmogrification, any profession advice lvls 1-400s. How to Tank/DPS/Heal. Few RP advices, PvP suggestions (but I'm not as good as in MoP). Name: Ionis, Trusthoof, That guy that loves to hear himself talk. Realm/Faction: Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) / The Sha'tar (Horde) Real ID: Ionis#2574 Assistance: - Explaining basics of game mechanics for all roles and most classes. - Primary and Secondary professions (except Engineering) - Basics of PvP and battlegrounds - All group content between levels 15 and 80 (Cataclysm and Pandaria is a little blurry :) ) - Suggesting useful game addons. - Lore, roleplaying. Name: Ninjaattack Realm: Stormreaver / Spinebreaker /Dragonmarw /Vashj. (Cross-realm) Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Sarah#2620 Assistance: Anything! Will gladly with dungeons, Pvp, killing players from the other faction, quests.. u name it ;) Just write to me in-game, and i'll help u and answer all the questions u probably have (as good as i can). See ya in Azeroth! :P Name: Wìsky Realm: Draenor/Silvermoon Faction: Horde/Alliance Battle Tag: Wìsky#2483 Assistance: Have been playing this game for a long time so I can help you with anything really. If you have questions about the game, your class, addons and whatnot or just wanna talk and make a new friend I'm always available. Name: Tacitaalma Realm: Anachronos - alonsus Faction: Horde Assistance: Any, I am a skilled girl. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Aenaar Realm: Kazzak (EU) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Aenaar#2103 Assistance: Pretty much anything with the exception of currency. Feel free to approach me for any help or if you would like to chat or make friends. I am happy to guide, teach and will come to assist if you are in trouble. I have been in World of Warcraft for about 8 years and will gladly share experiences that may help you in your adventures. Name: Felthrian Realm: Sylvanas Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: ((Will Update when I can log in later)) Assistance: I can help you with PvP, I'm a keen lover of lore and as such know quite a lot of it and have done most of the quests in the game. Always happy to help new players into the game in any way I can, I've played casually for a very long time so can give advice on most topics, or just have a chat and play some BGs or Arena with you! Name: Wolfz Realm: Aggra / Grim Batol Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: xInesx#2449 Assistance: Can assist with introduction to raiding and gearing up your character, new player tip, competiive pvp ( to an extent not every class) and weekly arena caps , currency (gold) farm - AH playing. speak portuguese , english , french spanish or italian. only lend currency if i see its justified. i'm mainly an experienced feral druid ( since wotlk ) and holy paladin (since early cata) Our guild also happens to be recruiting but u must be portuguese for that.. Name: Whis Realm: Daggerspine (or any other i'm on) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Ocodot#2978 Assistance: I can help with nearly everything except for advanced raiding since I'm mainly PvP focused. I've played since WoW launch so I am extremely familiar with the game and it's mechanics. I can help you understand your class, anything PvP, gearing, weekly conquest cap, basic mechanics. Name: Melthazina Realm: Magtheridon (main) Faction: Alliance / Horde RealID/BattleTag: Pharazon #2864 Assistance: I've played WoW on and off since its release in 2005, and through that time I've played all classes and levelled numerous alts, many classes several times. I from Northern Norway, have a streak of Viking blood and know how to curse for an extended period of time without using the same word twice. Despite that I bark worse than I bite so don't be scared of throwing me a whisper if you're ever stuck on something, or generally just want to chat :) Name: Anwraith Realm: Chamber of Aspects Faction: Horde New player trying to understand how to navigate the game. I reached level 8 in a few hours and then got stuck when I couldn't find an avatar to obtain my next quest from. I have read the new player guide and many posts on these forms but I haven't seen a topic dealing with learning how to move around in the World. I don't know where to look for a quest giver, or a vendor to unload the excess baggage from my quests and if I knew where, I don't know what to read to learn what can be found where or how to navigate from where I am to other designated locations that haven't been targeted on the map with a quest. Name: Dreams/Medea/Medzie Realm: Draenor/Kazzak/Sylvanas Faction: Horde/Alliance BattleTag:Nikil#2653 Assistance: I've played this game since vanilla across multiple accounts over the time I have done and achieved many things in game I have done decent amount of PvP and cleared end raids on hardest difficulty during its time period, I have farmed various achievements, reputations, mounts and pets over the years and farmed a lot of gold easily I can help you with all of this + help with general questions, leveling tips and how to get into raiding and pvp and all sort of other stuff the one thing I cannot help you with is battle pets I am sorry:( . The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started I was lucky to have friends brother who was fairly experienced I asked him all sort of questions without him I would be nowhere and I would like to give the same opportunity to new players now to give you an example of my stupid questions "Why can mobs see and attack me if I'm hiding behind a tree?" anything you ask wont be as bad as that so go for it. Also please note if I'm raiding I may not be able to respond but during breaks or after raid I definitely will answer your question.Waffles18 17 May
19 Apr [Information] Starter Account for returning players You will likely be aware by now that some changes have taken place in 6.1 for returning players that have frozen accounts. Some sites have named this a "Veteran Account" though it is not officially named such. I thought I would make a quick post to let you know what this is all about. If an account becomes frozen, i.e. player has unsubbed or is no longer adding game time, characters above level 20 will be locked out from play, theses characters will be marked as [Inactive] on the character selection screen. You can however create new characters which will have the mostly the same limitations as a starter account:- Can't play expansion-restricted content (new continents, etc). Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks. Can't participate in Pet Battles. Can't disable experience gains. Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House. Can't use voice chat or Real ID. Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc). If you know starter accounts well, you will see that some of the restrictions of a starter account are not listed above. A player that has a full account but has no game time can play on a low level character but as opposed to having all the starter account restrictions, the following extra permissions have been granted:- Can join guilds their other characters are members of. Can whisper characters that are members of your current guild. Can use guild chat in addition to the say and party channels. You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g. Full information can be found in the updated support article found here:- https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faqShammoz36 19 Apr
2h All Legendaries, now what? Hi, I have now all Legendaries for 2 of my specs. (Arcane, Frost). But i don't have 2 Leg for all specs (Prydaz and Shard). So if i set loot spec to Frost am i able to get the 2 remaining? And is the new system implemented when you have all legendaries for 1 spec you will get legendary for a random other spec?Nerahs1 2h
5h Is there a ninth Leystation? I know, I am not a new or returning player... but I have a question about the leystations. I have gotten "all" 8 leystations in Suramar (Anora Hollow, Falanar North/South, Moon Guard, Moonwhisper Gulch, Kel'balor and Elor'shan). That is all well and good but the reason I said "all" Leystations in quotes is because when you are in Shal'Aran it shows you on the lower floor all of the Leystations active or the ones which you have gotten. But there is a bigger one on the far left hand side of the circle of the Leystations you have active that is not lit for me. And if I count them all up they reach a total of 9 (including the big one). So my question is: Is there a ninth Leystation? If you don't understand what I am trying to say here is a screenshot of the Leystation I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/b4R6bsZ.jpg?1 Thanks ~CloudMinerCloudminer0 5h
9h How to clear out AH spam Hi all, I'm fairly new to wow and wondered if there is some easy way to clear out all the single item spam, so that my larger lots of trade goods get more exposure. It's fairly easy to do through the armory app, but there I'm limited to 200 transactions per day, which gives me nothing since there are maybe 500 single item stacks before my own auctions. Any ideas?Skinnerjoe6 9h
12h Confused about artifact weapons in PVP Hello all, I just came back from a long break (since legion launched) and dinged 110. I mostly leveled through pvp therefore my artifact weapon is not optimized/really not leveled. Do i need to have a "super" developed artifact weapon to stand on pvp? Since a have a full time job + gym, i just get to play wow for like 1 hour to 2 hours. How screwed am i? What can i do? Thank you.Artimanhas4 12h
13h How to clear out AH spam Hi all, I'm fairly new to wow and wondered if there is some easy way to clear out all the single item spam, so that my larger lots of trade goods get more exposure. It's fairly easy to do through the armory app, but there I'm limited to 200 transactions per day, which gives me nothing since there are maybe 500 single item stacks before my own auctions. Any ideas?Skinnerjoe1 13h
13h How sholud i do quests? Im pretty new to the game. I play with one of my friend with RAF. And i have the question about how should we quest in the world? Because we are getting the levels way to fast to complete every quest in zones. If we play dungeons to for gold and loot we are getting out of zones level limit way to fast.Mjölnirmagdi6 13h
1d How to make gold Hello,i just came back about 2 monthes ago reached max level geard up and all,and now i want to make gold.so i wonder what is the best way to make gold right now outside of ah playing?Zarzior7 1d
1d Default login "account" ? Hello there ! Got back into the game recently and enjoying it so far. There is just that one thing which is kinda annoying for me. So when I log into the game I always get logged in with my old starter/trial account I made when I had no subscription. I think you guys know what I mean. I have like two accounts in one ? How can I set my main account where I actually wanna play on to the default ? Or do I have to delete that old test account ? Guess there is no need for it anyways ? It is just annoying to log in, go back to main screen, change the tab to main, login again, when im too slow to cancel. It is the same in the forums by the way, default char was set to a lvl 20 on test account which I couldn't do this post with so I had to switch.York2 1d
1d Reroll Guild (Class Fantasy) (Open to ideas) gEndersource6 1d
1d Old Returning Player...So much change..Help? Quick back story, played WoW a lot back in 2009-2010, got to level 80 and was doing all kinds of raids. I stopped playing, account got hacked and just got it back this week. Purchased Legion and powered my Character up to 100 and now I'm just stuck! Used to be a Master at Arcane mage but now I seem to be terrible, talent trees have changed and what little I did remember all seems to be irreverent! Are there any videos anyone can recommend that I can go and watch that will catch me up on the newer stuff? I'm happy to sit and watch videos to get educated again, don't want to waste anybody's time trying to fill me in on 7 years of updates is all! Thank you in advance :)Taragail1 1d
2d Seeking new re-roll guild with level caps Pretty much as the title states. Will post here as there is more of this kind of project in these forums. Purely interested in this type of guild as I have never tried before, currently playing casually in Legion but burning out quickly thanks to the AP grind. A weekend re-roll would be perfect however, I am also fine with weekdays providing the raid times aren't too late. Will run whatever class/role is required, so long as the guild is stable and the leadership has an actual plan. Not interested in a project that is simply a random idea that may be good, only to die off quickly due to the leadership bailing. Would prefer; level caps with raid tier clears A realistic time frame for each cap Herald of the titans etc Planning to unsub if this is not possible, so someone be a hero and save this old timer! SkatterBlop#2111Skatterblop1 2d
2d New player on EU server Hi guys, i present myself, I'm French player on Hyjal server and i want come on english serveur precisely for the Horde community. For that i search a guild who would like to host a lvl 1 character, i have a large time on playing and i think 2 week for 880+ ilvl As you can see i have a basic english but more bad english and i want to progress in for take a superior english for a profesionnal reason I prefer join guild on optic to go on Mythique raid mode or heroic raid mode, now i have an experience on NH with my french guild we have clean Heroic mode on NH and for that i prefer go on Mythic mode but that's ok for heroic if you want go on Mythic My goal on this new server for me are: Try hard the mythic mode Learn english and go for a superior english play with a solid group of friend and good ambience Play into an activ guild ( On raid and on free time ) And be Hot for play with you ! I think to go create a Retribution paladin or a Mage. On French server i've play DH 903 and Shadow priest 895+ About me: I'm French man and i have 21 years old ! If you want contact me you can here or on my BTAG : MageGivré#22303 See you later ;)Hectayio7 2d
2d What to do when the tank dies in a dungeon ? I'm clueless. Hello ! :) I'm a new player. I just died, because the tank died fighting a boss. Then everyone else died :) I tried to survive for some time, killing small things to heal myself and dealing damage to the boss in between but then there were no minions left so I couldn't use Victory Rush to heal anymore and died. I hated dying this way because it felt like I wasn't in the control of the situation in any way. So, how do I protect myself as an Arms Warrior ? How do I not die ?Angorann9 2d
3d to quest or not to quest? hi, i am level 36 hunter, a new player. i just finished booty bay quest line and i don't want to over level the zones so my question is should i go to level 35-40 zones now or do something else like dungeons and level up to 39 then go to some zone 40-45. basically skip 35-40 zones. thanks for your help.Elvinar2 3d
3d Is legion necessary? im pretty new to wow, as you can see from my level and i dont have alot of money to buy things, especially legion. I was just wondering if i can still play the game without legion? Like will i still be accepted into raid groups etc with only level 100?Tarkarov8 3d
4d Faction change affecting this type of progress? I know that if a do a faction change i will lose all my quest and achievement progress specific to that faction i was in, but how about quests i did, i mean this is what interests me. For example: In MoP when you do all the quests in The Jade Forest, then the world and the land change due to the quests and the story going on, like the place where the jade statue was, it became Sha infested and stays like that. Now if i do a faction change, will stuff like that reset? and will i have to do the MoP intro again so that i can go to Pandaria, and if not, then does the land from the quests i did reset and become normal again looking like i did no quests even though i did? Sorry i know its a stupid question regarding the land changes and stuff, but i like it when it can be seen that i have progress on my character, so that i dont have to do it all over again if i change my faction...Arlinea1 4d
6d Picking a class for Legion Hello there. I played a few months of WoD as a feral druid like a year ago. Now as I'm returning for Legion, I'm having trouble deciding for a class to play. To begin with, let's say that I'm struggling with four options: - Continuing as my existing feral druid - Rolling a Demon hunter, DK or Hunter So... My first concern is PvP viability. In Draenor my favorite thing were the RBG's, even though I'm an old arena enthusiast. How are the mentioned classes performing in the current meta? A secondary factor that I hold dear is a capability of soloing old content. This is basically what made DK join my desired classes, as they have always been insanely good at soloing raids. How do the mentioned classes do at soloing, up to the raids of MoP and WoD? Thanks for any answers!Medaya4 6d
6d Interested in a reroll or a fresh start? Hello! I'd like to find out if there are any somewhat dedicated and friendly players who'd be interested in a reroll guild "project". I have some good experiences with one of these from the past, it was how I got back into the game late in MoP. About me Currently I find myself in a position where I've quite the game sometime back after burning out on the AP grind and trying to maintain a Mythic raiding roster. The game has always been about socializing and having fun in a group for me. Jumping into already existing guild and trying to catch up ithe others in terms of gear and AP doesn't sound appealing to me. I am looking for a fresh start and making new friends and contacts. The Guild I've discussed this a bit with a friend of mine, who I befriended in the MoP reroll guild, that I mentioned previously. Here are some ideas we've come up with. Faction would most likely be Alliance, as we've both spent past few expansions mostly playing as Horde, change would be nice. Realm would ideally be Defias Brotherhood (RP-PVP). We have played a lot on the big PVP and PVE realms, but we find that the players on RP-PVP realms tend to be easier to get along with and nicer overall. The faction balance on realm is also good. Name is yet to be decided. Leveling We'd stop at certain caps for set periods of time to give people time to catch up and have some guild activities to get to know each other and have fun. We would stay at our first cap for around 4 to 5 days, rest of the caps would be from week to week and a half. These would in the end be decided by the members of the guild in the very beginning. We'd stick to these times unless it was absolutely necessary to change. Death Knights and Demon Hunters aren't a huge problem, granted you level something else until the level the class in question starts off at. It would be silly for some people to start at 1 and others to start at 55 and later. The aim is to get through the leveling together, some skipping ahead defeats the whole purpose. Heirlooms would be allowed during leveling as supervising people and seeing if they used them anyway would be a lot of hassle. At the same time someone getting caught using them, could cause some unnecessary drama within the group. The level brackets thought so far are as follows: -1 to 40, we'd all start at one and make our way to 40. It isn't a long journey to start off with, but I feel it is important to have a short pause before pushing for 60, it helps people from spreading out too much in terms of levels. The goal after all isn't to level as fast as possible or rush to 110. -40 to 60 First cap with some raiding content available for the guild. We'd not aim to clear all of it. PVP would also be an option. -60 to 70 Similar to previous one just with more options in terms of raids, reputations and also arenas. -70 to 80 Again the same, with addition of a possibility to go for Herald of the Titans achievement, if people so desire and lack the achievement. -80 to 85 followed by 85 to 90, basically the same as previous ones. -90 to 100 would offer some new options and depending on the interest Highmaul clear could be a possibility. -100 to 110 After reaching the last cap, guild would continue doing normal/heroic raids, possibly some RBGs etc, all depending on people's interest and schedules. I am personally not that interested in Mythic raiding anymore and to put that as an aim from the start would be quite naive anyway. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Most of the things aren't completely set in stone yet, excluding the realm. This is just a rough sketch me and my friend have been thinking about. It would be shaped by the people who'd get involved. We would however like to hold onto the time periods that are decided for each bracket, as leaving a cap early or later could upset some people who were planning on staying at the certain cap for the already agreed period. The goal To make new friends and contacts, have fun in a relaxed environment and see what future brings. Enjoy a fresh start and not feel rush to get to the max level. This is more of a pitch, if there's interest we can see to getting this started. Edit: Discord https://discord.gg/Qfc7WhMelrael34 6d
6d Cool "easy to get" mounts? Hey guys I have been playing this game on/off for 3 months now, but there is still a lot of things i haven't learned yet. Right now i am just riding on the gryphon i got when i boosted my character. I am interested in finding some cool mounts to show off, but i have no clue where to start, any ideas? either your personal experience or some noob friendly guide would be appreciated. also sorry in advance if this post is in the wrong forum category.Ilcapitano22 6d
21 May [GUIDE] Leveling Your Characters Fast! Hello! I thought i would try to get all you newcomers to get some tips from someone who has leveld Alot over the years. At the current time im writing this, i sit at 21 (yes Twenty-One) Level 90 characters and several lower leveld alternative characters. Proof for the non-believers: http://gyazo.com/38c799f19cb5adc0da58225048bad174 :) copy the link and see for your self, this is at the live servers, you can even find my character which im using to write on the forums in the lists, even a GM could confirm this. Some of these characters i have been around top 10 on the server to hit max level when a new expansion was released. I did not have access to addons to help me then and i didn't have early access to the content, i just followed the steps below, which i have improved over the years. So what does keep me leveling, why does people think it's boring to level etc... This is often discussed in guides on the internet which you have to PAY for, which i really see no reason for, when you could get the information for free since you are already paying for the game! Right? :) This guide is aimed for beginners and the average player. So let's get started! 1. Negative Mindset When you level, the most thoughts that comes to your mind is, i just can't stand it, it takes too long, resulting in tuning your brain into giving up, AKA, "I quit!" "I don't like this quest, meh, it's a boring quest, i don't like it." Solution Tips: Don't think ANY negative thoughts at all about the leveling. It will snowball away and keep becoming more negative until it's no fun to level anymore. Keep positive, when you feel that you got a quick thought that "Oooh i don't wanna do this", but you really want an alt character, think about something that keep the negativity away. Turn on a good song you like which you can hym along to, sing along to, what ever keeps your mind busy not thinking about the negativity to keep questing. These are just tips, but if you have something you know which can keep your brain busy from thinking negative, follow that path and you will find that leveling isn't that hard or that boring after all :) 2. First time leveling Are you on your way to level your very first toon? This is something you need to let take time, you can't go around this, the more time you take, the more you will learn about your chosen class, you will learn where Some quests are, where to go and buy your very first mount, where the capital cities are located etc. Remember point 1. Keep your mind from negativity! While leveling throu dungeons, keep in mind that you have 4 other real persons with you so try not to run away from your computer without atleast telling them that you need to go AFK for a few minutes or something. If you feel unsecure about an instance, don't be afraid to ask, most of the time you will get a friendly reply with helpful tips on what to do during an encounter. 3. What is the fastest way to level? This is the question on everybodys mind. How can i reach max level the fastest way? First, let me give some information about leveling from 1 to 90. The average speed to level to 90 is around 6-7 days of CONSTANT playing, to see how long you have played on your character, you can type /played, in the game in the chat window. Remember, this is not the speed which you might go, you might go faster, you might go slower, it all depends on how you handle your way to level 90. Let's make some sub-topics about fastest way to level 90. 3a) Dungeon farming? This is what some people will say is the fastest way to level to 90! How is this done? Basicly, you have some friends who quests from level 1 to 15, when everyone has hit level 15, they decided who is the Tank, who Heals and who is dealing Damage. They now sit at a full or nearly full party. They open the Dungeon Finder (default 'I' button), and choose random dungeon and clear it as fast as they can, when they are done, they instantly re-queue for a random dungeon and gets some really fast queues. Result: Decent XP (short for experience) per hour! 3b) Battlegrounds This is by far the slowest way to level yourself to 90. You will get experience for doing battlegrounds, however, they usually take 10-25 or so, minutes to complete. The experience you get isn't that great, but atleast you get some if you win. Now, if you should lose this battleground, you get very close to none experience. Which results in that you have spent 10-25 minutes gaining maybe 1000 XP (all numbers depends on your characters level!) Result: Terrible XP per hour! 3c) Questing This is actually the fastest way to level, conditions applies though, but we are here to discuss the fastest way to level to 90, and this is the actual fastest way! When you have leveled a few characters to 90, you start to get used to know where quests are, which way to run etc, so if you are not familiar to where to go for the fastest XP, this might not seem that fast. But once you learn it, you will notice how fast it really is. Result: Highest XP per hour 4 Im stuck on a quest! Don't be afraid if you get stuck. Usually when you level, some times you might actually pick up a quest you have no clue what to do. So what do you do to speed this up? Well, first thing you keep track of is your Map! Since blizzard has been so kind they have implemented a somekind of quest helper. This is 90% correct (i've seen some bugs which i have reported) but usually it will show you circles on where to go, or even blue fields on the map which is basicly a marker for Somewhere around this blue field you can find/kill/loot/talk to what ever you are supposed to do. Remember to read your quest if you are stuck, usually it says if you are supposed to pick something up, kill something or escort or whatever it might be. But if you are still stuck, there is a very good website to help you: http://www.wowhead.com/ Go to that site when you feel that something seems wrong and you have actually followed the steps above, remember which quest you are, go to WoWhead and search for the quests name. Remember that you can have the same quest name for both horde and alliance, so remember to check if you are looking at the alliance or horde quest! 5) Heirlooms What are heirlooms? Heirlooms are something that your high level character can buy for different currencies. These items are bound to your ACCOUNT and not your character when you buy it. So can you send them to your other characters then? Yes, you can, you can even enchant them with powerful enchants to help you destroy your enemies even faster. This will help ALOT when it comes to level your character. You take fewer hits from monsters since you kill them faster than you would without these. These items doesnt only give you more power, they actually increase with your level, so you can keep the item on you without worrying about finding an upgrade to keep up with the leveling speed. These items does not only give you more power, they actually give you what you really are looking for, higher experience / slain monster and quest! Up to 40% i think it's possible to get now if you have collected every heirloom which gives XP! This means, 40% faster to level up! 6) Guild This will also improve your leveling speed, if you find a guild which is high enough level, you will actually get some XP boost, 5% or 10% depending on the guilds level! Try to get into one as soon as possible! It really helps! 7) The questing! The goal to level as fast as possible is to get as much XP per hour as possible! Which makes sense. The more XP per hour, the faster your character will level up. So how can you keep this up? (As i have said before, if it's your first time leveling, this will wary alot! But do not get upset, you are learning the game! :) ) When you get to a new quest hub, pick up the quests you need, run to where the map points you and do what the quest asks you for. Check if you have more quests to complete which should be turned in at the same place, do them before you run and turn your quest in. The more characters you will level, the more you will learn which quests are ok to pick up and which is ok to skip, yes, thats right, you do not have to complete every quest to level fast. Some quest might take 2-5 minutes to complete and give you maybe 20%, or something, less XP than the other quests, so this quest would be counted as a waste of time. Usually most people picks up quest, runs away and complete them and don't really look at what the quest actually gives. Also to keep in mind, if a quest gives Less XP, it may be needed to complete to get access to the other quests you need to do, so do not skip all quests which you consider "waste of time". I hope this helps for now, i will try and update this with more tips to help you level faster. Note that this is just a quide to level faster, it's not a guide which says, do this to level. The best way to actually level is to have fun while doing it, that is all you need to know, if you enjoy doing some battleground in between quests, you go ahead and do that as long as you have fun. I do that too sometimes when i level. Some fast tips at the end: If you decide to do dungeons cause thats what you like and you notice that you might have to wait 5-30 minutes for a queue, a big no no here which i see alot of people do, stand around in a camp, a capital city and just wait for the queue to come up. Now imagine if you had been questing during that time, you could have made maybe 1 level to maybe 0.5 level depending on how fast you are with questing. Ok, i can't write anymore on this, so i will reserve some slots so i can keep updating this in the future! Hope you liked it so far! //SarcasmiaSarcasmia26 21 May
21 May How to make a US Starter Account on your EU Battle.net. Edit: I have added the guide below by Farian as mine stopped working. ...Dottie22 21 May
21 May LF people to level up with in the Broken Isles! Hello everyone! As the title says I'm looking for friends to level up with, (starting with my Rogue) by doing quests and dungeons in the Broken Isles. It doesn't matter if you're a veteran or completely new to the game, I'll gladly help out new players. However, you do need to be; Horde, atleast lvl 98 so we can start to quest in the Broken Isles, understand/speak decent English(or Swedish) and last but not least be mature, friendly and a social individual :) I'm busy raiding on Monday and Wednesday evenings, but other than that I'm available most of the time. I'm looking for someone to play a lot with, so we can level up fast! If this is something you want then feel free to add me. Best regards, -Rhunok#2377Rhúnok14 21 May
20 May Help a returning player decide on a class Hi, after a long break from WoW I've decided I want to start playing the game again. Since I haven't played legion that much I don't know the state and playstyle of many of the classes, which is why I turn to the forum for help. I'm looking for a "vanguard" type of class. I want a melee that has high pressure and can deal a lot of dmg when connecting. I'd also like to be decently tanky. thanks in advance. Edit: I forgot to mention that my focus will mainly be PvP. I don't mind a bit of an uphill battle but if a specc is completly dead in pvp i probably wont play itPyrthinius1 20 May
20 May Returning Novice player with End-game raid questions. Hello, it's just hit summer and I've finished University for four months, so I've suddenly got a lot of free-time, and my friend put forward the idea of playing World Of Warcraft(WOW), which sounded good. As someone who's played WOW for years, but never seriously as a hardcore player I've only hit max level once. I spent most my time running around exploring or trying to do other totally trivial things. However, I agreed to start World of Warcraft again, but I don't want to be a trivial, casual player anymore I want to experience true end-game content, such as raids, mythical raids, the lot. But I have no experience, at all in this type of content. I've done dungeons, and that's about it. So I have some questions, and I know this will be TL;DR, but I hope some truly experienced player willing to help someone who really wants to become a part of this community, and get into WOW as a hardcore player (Maybe it's late, the games been around a hefty few years now). So before I ask anything, let me say my intentions. I want to be able to do Mythic Raids in a guild, that's my end goal. I'm honestly not sure if it's to low or high, but it's a goal. And on top of this, I really want to do this on a Sharman, Restoration. However feel free to shoot me down if you feel that'll be literally impossible. So question time, and honestly thank you if you take your time to answer these, huge amounts of gratitude. Firstly, where do I even start? Are there tutorials, Guides, or what? Is Icy Veins a good place to start because I've looked through their website and they have some seriously complex guides, showing Rotations, Skills and Items, the lot. I feel I could follow them partly, DPS guides seem way easier than healing guides. But I'd much prefer to go straight into the deep end as a healer. (If there are less-complex guides to ease me in rather than Icy-Veins then I'd love to know. Secondly, is learning with a healer first advisable? Should I try to get into mythic raids as DPS first, get used to end-game raids and how raiding guilds work as DPS first? Or is it possible to go right into these on my current character the Sharman Restoration? Thirdly, what advise could you give me in honesty? To a Novice player wanting to get into a Mythic Raiding guild with no starting end-game experience as a healing class. I know this is TL;DR but if you spared the time to read this, truly thank you. I really want to get into hardcore side of WoW on a healing class, and I need some sort of starting points, possibly smaller goals to each the end-goal.Tangakwune9 20 May
20 May Complete Newbie Hi, i have couple of questions to WoWs Community. 1. I know from YouTube/Twitch channels, that WoW is a game that has a lot to learn in order to play it, comparing to other MMORPG this is something that i was waiting to Play (bad PC in past :() for ages... what is the best option for me as a complete newbie in World of Warcraft to learn the game? Does it worth using LVL Boost already? or wait and use it later on? 2. I saw people using Pets in Battle ( Pet Vs Pet ) does any Class can use these? or only Hunters or Druids ? 3. Which server would be best if i want to play Alliance ? or Horde if it's balanced as i know from other mmorpgs that there is either 90% population in Horde then in Alliance. (would prefer Alliance as i like the way Dwarf Looks :P but not neccessary as Orc Is fine too :P) 4. I don't know how exactly classes work, therefore i want to ask you guys/girls who is not so bad to master but can be a main DPS on Dungeons, Instances and be good on Battlegrounds? 5. Does it worth getting into Random Guild? or wait and find a decent one? 6. If my friend would join me at Playing it ( he played up until level 50 so doesn't have that much experiance in game as some of you guys) what would be a good classes to choose to explore the World together, or it doesn't matter that much?Recrest30 20 May
20 May Any way to check "party" history Just wondering If I can see who was last with me in a party or a dungeonIsgardil1 20 May
18 May Trade on forum Hey, where i can post offers of my items on forum ??Motyleknocny3 18 May
17 May Item levels vs item stats Which is more important for a demon hunter? Item levels or item stats? For example is more critical strike better on an item or is 10 more levels on an item better?Sanidux2 17 May
17 May Class decision!! Hey guys! I really need you guys help, i just started playing world of warcraft again, and I have been wondering what class is the "best" right now, and the most fun. These are the classes i can't choose between (Mage, Shaman, Hunter) Which one of these classes do you think is the best at PVE, and the must fun. Thank you! :)Tacx2 17 May
17 May Can I buy a WoW Token with my battlenet balance? Or do I have to have a debit card? I dont have one which is why i can only buy battlenet balance in my local store thanks everyone happy gaming =)Jferbrache4 17 May
14 May Returning Player - Need some help! (PVP) Hi Coming back to the game soon with a few weeks off work! I mostly only arena, bg, pvp but I am completely lost since I have had 8 months away from the game. What do I do when I get back in terms of gearing, getting honor talents and also arti power? Any advice on all this Also comps, at the start of legion it was all up in the air, have any steady comps appeared? Probably going to be playing Shaman or Mage at a guess. Any tips advice etc, greatly appreciatedHoofez1 14 May
14 May is there a way to revert to old profile page is there a way to revert to the old profile homepage? as the new profile homepage style sucksNittyhitus5 14 May
14 May Warforged/Titanforged Gear Hello, I'm pretty new to the game and I still learn things, but I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the content that I need to learn (only 818 ilvl right now and I find it hard to progress further). I just can't understand how this forge system works. Some say you can get +120 ilevel boost from a forge, some say you can only have +60 if you are very lucky. How much does forging affect the gameplay and can it proc on items that are not dropped by bosses, such as World Quests gear? Also, so far, I've been playing by myself. Some tips on gearing and gameplay in general would come handy. Thanks! :)Vayñe0 14 May
13 May Artifact Knowledge Catch up Question Hi, i am a returning player in 7.2 and at the moment i am AK 29, but my guild mates who is raiding etc are AK 35, and i see that my research takes 2-3 days and theirs 5 days, will this continue until im 35 or will i be behind up to 35? that would really suck seeing the AK scaling makes me be alot behind on traits ;(( Hoping someone could explain it properly :)Holyfnk1 13 May
13 May Good professions for Rogue? Hey guys Im a returning player to wow looking to learn professions For my rogue. Iirc there are specfic combos of professions that can boost Your on stats in cata. Im not sure if thatsthe case now. So my Question is this, Which best two professions will serve me best as a rogue?Hideonbush1 13 May
13 May Best healer class right now? Hello, I want to roll a new healer character. I was wondering witch class is currently on the top of healing chart and who is good overall in Legion? Any tips and advices are welcome.Fledalf11 13 May
12 May Transfers character between Regions Could you import character between EU and US?Warrosius2 12 May
12 May Ummm ok i got wow but... What faction should i play? Hi i got the game and want to focus on one character the only question i have is what faction is more interesting both lore wise and environment wise. I know right now were going to kill the current Horde warcheif but besides that i do not knowKnifeear13 12 May
12 May Any lvl 60 action going on? Back to check how are things going , so any lvl 60 Action going on ?Othancs1 12 May
12 May Sky golem I bhougt sky golem from the action house becues i heard you coud mine white it wen you were mounted but wen i went on a mount i coudent mineWogadon5 12 May
12 May Artifact Weapon Hi guys, Im just coming back into WoW having never played legion. Im going to want to play resto druid in both PvP and PvE. After reading a couple of threads it seems as though ill have to focus more on one than the other as apparently i need some kind of relic in order to respec my weapon? Just wondering if anyone can provide any clarification on this as I want to be able to respec for PvP regularly. ThanksPhuzz2 12 May
11 May Mage Tower etc Is it that most classes have some type of area for them? The mages have the mage tower, the Monks have that other place they can teleport to? And if so, what area would be the Shaman one?Zaheeb2 11 May
11 May Returning player - Server/class help Greeting everybody, I'm coming back after cataclysm expansion, and i'm hoping to find some help here before I start playing. First, I'm looking for a nice European pvp realm. I hope you guys can suggest some, as I don't want to start on a half dead - soon to merge server. I don't really mind if it's Alliance or Horde. If anybody can tell me how Defias Brotherhood is holding up, that would be nice and useful as well :). Secondly, I hope you guys can tell me a bit about how current pvp balance is ? Any useless/overpowered classes/sepcs I should know about ? I do know it depends on a situation and player, and it changes often, but I would still like to know your opinions on the matter :) Thanks everybody in advance, Cheers PuhPuhec6 11 May
11 May Returning player looking for realm Hi ! After several years of wandering on other games, I've decided to come back to one of my all time favorite. I used to play during the BC/WotLK days on french servers, french being my native language, but with this fresh start I want to change horizons and during my journey through online games i've grown fond of multi-cultural english-speaking communities, so I'd like to create a new character on one of them! Anyway, while browsing through the huge realm list I wondered which one should I pick and I thought maybe someone here could help me narrow down my research! I play both PvE and PvP, with maybe a little preference for PvE, at least in WoW, and I also realy enjoy RP, did a lot of it back in my SWTOR and Rift days. One other point is that I'd like to have a small french niche in the server, it's always easier and relaxing to sometimes chat in your native language even on english-speaking servers :) Well, I'll keep searching on the forums to see if I find a good match, but any piece of advice is welcome!Quiproquo4 11 May
11 May Pvp Which dps spec/class is the most begginer friendly in pvp? Also, any tips on how to do well in battlegrounds?Mestog6 11 May
11 May How do Achievements work? Specifically: If I got an achievement on one character, I can see it (with the date I got it on) on all my characters, right? But if I get the same achievement again on another character, it displays the new date on this character and the old date for the characters who didn't get it themselves yet, right? What if I delete the character who got the most achievements an my account? Do they stay?Zortral1 11 May