New/Returning Player Questions & Guides

24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 25/01/2018) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
1d Helpful People List For New Players Continued Pt3 Old threads are now full, again. Glad to see it being so popular! Don't be afraid newbies to add us ^_^ We wouldn't put our tags here if we weren't happy with you contacting us! Me especially. First Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7714001606 Second Thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8048825633?page=1 Same as the previous thread, don't expect these people to shower you in gold and items. We're here to give advice not play the game for you. Name: Realm: Faction: RealID/BattleTag: (You don't need to put this here if you don't want to.) Assistance: List of Helpful People No.2 Name: Waffles Realm: Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Jani#2877 Assistance: I can help with all kinds of advice about the game, including information on classes, gold making, fight mechanics and also lore. Pretty much, if you have a question about the game, there's a 98% chance I can answer it. Never hesitate to just add my Battletag and say hi. Name: Dalator Realm: Silvermoon/Argent Dawn Faction: Alliance (used to play horde) Btag: Fishhoox#2600 Assistance: Well if you need guidance in almost anything I probably have an answer (if not I'll look it up). I'm raiding heroic raids, I do pvp and I got 8 lvl 90's, I do a bit roleplaying and I might be an achievment hunter so I assume I have a wide diversity of knowledge in the game. Basically I don't mind helping people because I'm lonely and bored :/ And yes I was a newbie once too. Name: (Depends on the current character I use) Realm: Maghteridon/Moonglade/ArgentDawn/Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance -(also secretly part of the Scourge/Naga) RealID/BattleTag: MRTF#2579 Assistance: I'm pretty much an expert on lvl 15-75 dungeons. (Since I've done them too many times :p). I can also help when it comes to battle pets, classes/spezialications, general issues, transmogrification, any profession advice lvls 1-400s. How to Tank/DPS/Heal. Few RP advices, PvP suggestions (but I'm not as good as in MoP). Name: Ionis, Trusthoof, That guy that loves to hear himself talk. Realm/Faction: Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) / The Sha'tar (Horde) Real ID: Ionis#2574 Assistance: - Explaining basics of game mechanics for all roles and most classes. - Primary and Secondary professions (except Engineering) - Basics of PvP and battlegrounds - All group content between levels 15 and 80 (Cataclysm and Pandaria is a little blurry :) ) - Suggesting useful game addons. - Lore, roleplaying. Name: Ninjaattack Realm: Stormreaver / Spinebreaker /Dragonmarw /Vashj. (Cross-realm) Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Sarah#2620 Assistance: Anything! Will gladly with dungeons, Pvp, killing players from the other faction, quests.. u name it ;) Just write to me in-game, and i'll help u and answer all the questions u probably have (as good as i can). See ya in Azeroth! :P Name: Wìsky Realm: Draenor/Silvermoon Faction: Horde/Alliance Battle Tag: Wìsky#2483 Assistance: Have been playing this game for a long time so I can help you with anything really. If you have questions about the game, your class, addons and whatnot or just wanna talk and make a new friend I'm always available. Name: Tacitaalma Realm: Anachronos - alonsus Faction: Horde Assistance: Any, I am a skilled girl. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Aenaar Realm: Kazzak (EU) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Aenaar#2103 Assistance: Pretty much anything with the exception of currency. Feel free to approach me for any help or if you would like to chat or make friends. I am happy to guide, teach and will come to assist if you are in trouble. I have been in World of Warcraft for about 8 years and will gladly share experiences that may help you in your adventures. Name: Felthrian Realm: Sylvanas Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: ((Will Update when I can log in later)) Assistance: I can help you with PvP, I'm a keen lover of lore and as such know quite a lot of it and have done most of the quests in the game. Always happy to help new players into the game in any way I can, I've played casually for a very long time so can give advice on most topics, or just have a chat and play some BGs or Arena with you! Name: Wolfz Realm: Aggra / Grim Batol Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: xInesx#2449 Assistance: Can assist with introduction to raiding and gearing up your character, new player tip, competiive pvp ( to an extent not every class) and weekly arena caps , currency (gold) farm - AH playing. speak portuguese , english , french spanish or italian. only lend currency if i see its justified. i'm mainly an experienced feral druid ( since wotlk ) and holy paladin (since early cata) Our guild also happens to be recruiting but u must be portuguese for that.. Name: Whis Realm: Daggerspine (or any other i'm on) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Ocodot#2978 Assistance: I can help with nearly everything except for advanced raiding since I'm mainly PvP focused. I've played since WoW launch so I am extremely familiar with the game and it's mechanics. I can help you understand your class, anything PvP, gearing, weekly conquest cap, basic mechanics. Name: Melthazina Realm: Magtheridon (main) Faction: Alliance / Horde RealID/BattleTag: Pharazon #2864 Assistance: I've played WoW on and off since its release in 2005, and through that time I've played all classes and levelled numerous alts, many classes several times. I from Northern Norway, have a streak of Viking blood and know how to curse for an extended period of time without using the same word twice. Despite that I bark worse than I bite so don't be scared of throwing me a whisper if you're ever stuck on something, or generally just want to chat :) Name: Anwraith Realm: Chamber of Aspects Faction: Horde New player trying to understand how to navigate the game. I reached level 8 in a few hours and then got stuck when I couldn't find an avatar to obtain my next quest from. I have read the new player guide and many posts on these forms but I haven't seen a topic dealing with learning how to move around in the World. I don't know where to look for a quest giver, or a vendor to unload the excess baggage from my quests and if I knew where, I don't know what to read to learn what can be found where or how to navigate from where I am to other designated locations that haven't been targeted on the map with a quest. Name: Dreams/Medea/Medzie Realm: Draenor/Kazzak/Sylvanas Faction: Horde/Alliance BattleTag:Nikil#2653 Assistance: I've played this game since vanilla across multiple accounts over the time I have done and achieved many things in game I have done decent amount of PvP and cleared end raids on hardest difficulty during its time period, I have farmed various achievements, reputations, mounts and pets over the years and farmed a lot of gold easily I can help you with all of this + help with general questions, leveling tips and how to get into raiding and pvp and all sort of other stuff the one thing I cannot help you with is battle pets I am sorry:( . The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started I was lucky to have friends brother who was fairly experienced I asked him all sort of questions without him I would be nowhere and I would like to give the same opportunity to new players now to give you an example of my stupid questions "Why can mobs see and attack me if I'm hiding behind a tree?" anything you ask wont be as bad as that so go for it. Also please note if I'm raiding I may not be able to respond but during breaks or after raid I definitely will answer your question.Waffles37 1d
4d Recruit a Friend Requests Please feel free to reply to this thread if you’re looking for a friend to recruit, or if you wish to be recruited by a friend. We only ask that you follow the other forum guidelines, and restrict these requests to only the specific thread on the official forums. How to Recruit a Friend - World of Warcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXMpfPb6Ok IMPORTANT: Please be careful about sharing your account details with people. Posting your RealID or any other personal information on a public forum isn't a great idea!Vaneras4681 4d
21 Feb [Information] Starter Account for returning players You will likely be aware by now that some changes have taken place in 6.1 for returning players that have frozen accounts. Some sites have named this a "Veteran Account" though it is not officially named such. I thought I would make a quick post to let you know what this is all about. If an account becomes frozen, i.e. player has unsubbed or is no longer adding game time, characters above level 20 will be locked out from play, theses characters will be marked as [Inactive] on the character selection screen. You can however create new characters which will have the mostly the same limitations as a starter account:- Can't play expansion-restricted content (new continents, etc). Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks. Can't participate in Pet Battles. Can't disable experience gains. Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House. Can't use voice chat or Real ID. Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc). If you know starter accounts well, you will see that some of the restrictions of a starter account are not listed above. A player that has a full account but has no game time can play on a low level character but as opposed to having all the starter account restrictions, the following extra permissions have been granted:- Can join guilds their other characters are members of. Can whisper characters that are members of your current guild. Can use guild chat in addition to the say and party channels. You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g. Full information can be found in the updated support article found here:- https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faqShammoz41 21 Feb
8h Locking xp at lvl 20? I've played for a while as level 20 now and I didn't realise that level locking existed until now. When I get a sub again I want to keep playing on this character as level 20 as well as another but because my xp bar was full before I locked does that mean I will get automatically levelled up to 21? I know it's not really a big deal as I can just get another char up to level 20 but I still want to know.Nedde1 8h
15h Looking for people to practice English together Hello everyone! Looking for people to practice English together. Let's play bg or just leveling from the beginning. I don't know if this is a good idea, but if I spend time in the game, then why not spend it with profit :) Foward#2294 Feel free to whisper me.Foward0 15h
19h Missing class skills? Hey there y'all! I am a returning player after some four years break. And I cannot help but be utterly puzzled by some stuff. While the whole game looks more or less the same, with some graphical improvements here and there, the gameplay changed quite a bit. Let me explain the problem I am encountering. I just leveled my Monk past the specialization lvl 10 and picked Brewmaster, suddenly my quickbars got fully cleared out and some of me skills are missing. I cannot find the kick that consumed Chi points. I cannot find the new kick I just got either. Since I was missing Jab at the begining, I assume that the Paw strike took over for it. I was puzzled, but just rolled with it and decided to worry later. But the next day I returned and rolled a Shaman. Apart from the lower amount of skills in the early levels, it was mostly all the same. Till I reached level 10 and speced into Enhancement. I cannot find my Flaming Shock anymore. I managed to find the Lightning Bolt, but not the Shock skill. I was also about to ger Earth Shock, but I can no longer find it in my skillbook for the upcoming levels. I spent quite a long time looking for the Shaman skills, as I was utterly at a loss. Can someone please point me to where I can find the Flame Shock? It is kind of an important DoT, as far as I remember. Overall the game feels much more difficult with the lower amount of skills early on. I never had problems during fights, now I happen to do sometimes.Ashila4 19h
23h New to Tanking Hi all. I recently decided to try out tanking and I’m really liking it. I’m quite nervous about it too. I’m currently playing Pro Paladin and Warrior and will probably level Bear soon. Any general tips for a new player who has never tanked before? Thanks in advance!Infinitygirl2 23h
1d What is the closest spec to Cata Survival hunter? I am looking to play something that feels like the old survival hunter. The legion changes aren't my thing. I realy like how the old survival hunter felt and am looking for something that feels the same or as close to as possible. ThanksFlashfunk1 1d
1d What to play in BFA Hey all, I stopped playing after Cataclysm but now im back and playing for about 2 months. I already have 3 max chars (shaman, rogue and lock) but its to much work to do everything i want every week so i would like to just have 1 max level char in BFA. I like healing the most but i would like a tanking spec aswell so i have 3 choices: paladin, druid or monk. Can you guys give me some pros and cons and help me decide what to play? Thanks in advance :)Annabel3 1d
1d What level can you solo wod dungeons I need to do the last few wod dungeons that are available from 97-100 this is so stupid i was in a que almost constantly from level 97 to 101 and got in 1 dungeon. So i will need to go back and finish them later but what level can you solo them at ?Zeusgeorge9 1d
1d Would someone like do lvl up with me ? I am a returning player who’d love to level up from scratch with a fellow player.Rojan4 1d
2d unfriendly game to returning players Specialy if you boosted your character to 110. I hate whole artifact idea. I only have shadow artifact weapon I want to change disc or holy but i cant find them. I went to my class hall took quests from alonsus faol , one of them i am asked to change spec to holy or disc , but still no god damn weapon. Artifact idea make game looks like a cheap tablet game rather then mmo. Removal of glphs , stat changes , removal of resi or honor gear and changes like that made me wantto quit but i spent 1000 eu to buy a pc for this game so i have to play this real time tablet mmoBoneshadow9 2d
2d Leveling after BfA launch? After BfA launch one would assume artifact weapons will be removed from game but I am curious as to how toons will fight thru levels 100-110 with no weapons after the removal as no weapons can be created currently for these. Anyone have idea on this?Sophiã2 2d
2d Battle of azeroth beta key contest winners Hey I am new and there was a Battle of azeroth beta key contest about a week or two ago so being new I joined. Does anyone know if the winners have been picked as I went back on the page and now it cannot be found?Garenhish3 2d
2d Need some help with choosing a main. I need some help with choosing my main. I've recently started playing wow, but I have lot's of experience on private servers (wotlk and cata, played there, because at that time 15$/month was too much for me, don't judge me). I want a class that is versatile, but I don't mean here different roles, but class that i can do most content with (world quests, rep and mats farm, raids etc), in fact I like playing a class that i don't need to grind another eq set to switch specs and do decently, so classes like druid are not for me. I tried monk and I loved ww, but bm and mw are not for me (i don't mind tanking or healing, they just felt awkward to me). I've tested almost all classes on trial characters and really liked priest (shadow and disc) and mage (fire and frost) but can't decide between survivability and awsome fantasy (fan of Lovecraft here) of priest and all the mobility and different approaches to dps that mage has. So I'm counting on some help from you guys.Skellif4 2d
2d WQ really only way to gain rep? Pretty much as it says in the title. I've returned after jumping ship in WoD and after about approaching 3 weeks of grinding WQ's and still not exalted with anyone. I'm really starting to feel the burnout. Now the questing was fun and all and I do play the occasional alt, still if this is basically the only way to gain allied races I'll probably just stop now as it's become work and it's impacting my enjoyment while doing other stuff in game. I've not dipped my feet into raids yet, but if that gave reputation I would much rather do that. From what I remember doing a couple of heroics, that didn't give me any reputation though, something I would also rather do, heh. I also realize that maybe the RNG gods just didn't smile on me, I've seen several claim here they got all the allied races unlocked in 2 weeks or less. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact Blizz is probably not gonna change the way allied races are unlocked any time soon. So I just want to know, is there a more efficient way to do this or another way that may lead to less burnout? I only have one 110 character at the moment as a side note.Racsom7 2d
1d We give our green paper for it It would be nice 1.that you remove restriction from pvp vanilla gear so it’s obtainable just with marks of honor. 2. Remove transmog lvl restriction. You killing role playing so much with those restrictions 3. And make grand expedition yak 15 k. This price now is ridiculously highMahawailo19 1d
3d How did I get Swift Purple Wind Rider? Hello! I'm new to WoW and just hit level 20, What I don't understand is how I got the Swift Purple Wind Rider mount although i searched it up And it requires level 70, So Can someone explain how did I get it? I'm pretty sure I never bought it, Thank you! =DSwiftstep3 3d
3d Looking for someone to play wow with Heya, I've got several lvl 100 chars but all my friends have left and so I'm finding my self in the sad situation where I'm looking for someone to play wow with. I don't mind starting a new char, or findings someone to play high level chars with. I'm hoping to find another person which also plays alone and could use some company. Got TeamSpeak etc and I'll happily give 1.000g per 10 levels to anyone which might want to play together with me. Hope that doesn't sound desperate, but its boring to play alone. Regards Mikael WOW Tag = Ethemos or RavencrestFrostxone52 3d
4d Vindicaar Matrix Core Question Which skill is the best to use for doing world quests and rares on Argus? I'm having trouble deciding which one is best to use as they all seem rather useful. Thanks in advance for any help.Kooki8 4d
4d New player needing explanations! Hello, A few days ago my cousin came over to my house and showed me World of Warcraft. I then played the Starter Edition for a bit and realised that this is probably one of the best games I've played in my entire life. I then purchased WoW: Complete Edition which comes with the pre-purchase of Battle for Azeroth as well as a Level 110 character boost which I used on my Blood Elf Warrior. However, the problem I'm facing is that there is so much to learn in this game and there doesn't seem to be any solid way to learn them. Here is a list of things that I don't understand, your help would be greatly appreciated: 1. Are the quests that you complete when you create your character part of the actual story line and if I carry on completing them will I eventually go through the story line of all the expansions until I get to Legion? 2. I hear a lot of people talk about the WoW economy, I have no idea what they mean by this. 3. What are dungeons and raids, do I need good equipment to complete them and if so where do I get that equipment? 4. Lastly, there are so many different types of armour all with different rarities like "mythic" or "normal", could someone explain to me how you even acquire armour and what all the different rarities mean. Thanks in advance, JALINERISynol10 4d
4d Honeydew portal I'm not quite new and no returner but still, I have a question. When I leveled my paladin, I went to do the opening quest for Pandaria, got into the gunship shot down stuff and then grappled down. Turned in quest, didn't pick up the next and went to honeydew village and there was the portal to Orgrimmar. I honestly do not remember what level I was with her, I wish I did. I don't even remember is she was below or over 85.. Now I'm there with my new alt at level 80 opening Pandaria. I did the exact same thing; boarded the ship flew to Pandaria, shot some stuff and then grappled down. Turned in the quest, didn't pick up any next ones and flew on to Honeydew. No portal. I don't really need the portal, my hs has been on the shrine since I could fly, but it's odd. So what's up with this portal?Ivydoom2 4d
4d Followers traits not showing up? So I took a couple of toons out today to recruit some followers for my garrison, got them, but back at base the skills I wanted them for aren't showing up in the right hand side (like 'sap' counters 'dealy minions' and that kind of thing.) They have the skill but its not highlighted. Any ideas?Kinmootoo2 4d
4d Wich class to main in BFA Hi guys, Gonna need some advice, i want to start a new toon for BFA, played a hunter in Legion, want something new, im torn between 3 classes; Warlock Monk Paladin I purely play PvE, not hardcore raiding, just some LFR, questing, running old content and gather some achievements here and there, also want to mention i only play as Dps, so when looking forward to BfA, wich class seems the most fun? and why? and wich class absolutly not, and why not? If u can convince me with an other class that u think is really fun, im actually open for anything :) Hope to hear from u guys soon!Gimson7 4d
5d Want to play with somebody hallo I have want to level with somebody please be around the age of 13-16 :) Ps just started with wow againWaarrdizmio3 5d
5d wondering how much it cost now to max heirlooms? Hello everyone, new,exp,and returning players of azeroth ! ever wondered how much gold it takes u right now to upgrade all heirlooms to 110? so did i, and here's the result https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWKLVj20GDQVlambulance0 5d
5d Friend returning for allied races tauren, but can he? We were brainstorming how to pull off starting BFA with allied horde Highmountain Taurens. We both have max level Alliance characters willing to do the prerequisits. However we dont want to pay for exp + chartransfare to do the unlock quest. Qestion is. If we Pre-purchase BFA can we use the 110 level boost from there now in Legion to pop a horde char to do the unlock quest straight away? Or there is a mountain of bull!@#$ we have to dig trough until we are able to pick up the unlock quest with those fresh 110s even if its possible to get them straight to 110, cuz if we also need to level 10 more from 100 + the introduction quest + whatever questchain to pimp up highmountain to spawn the quest giver and then to the quest would be an overkill for our enthusiasm. Can you boost a horde DK to 110?Csatrad8 5d
5d Flying in wod and legion Just got to level 100 and jumped over to get my legion weapon and noticed you can’t t fly in legion the same as in wod. I was reading all the achievements needed to get flying in both parts but couldn’t see if they have to be done in order. So do i have to do the pathfinder achievement in wod first or does it not matter ? And if i can do it in any order what would people recommend? I am kind of wanting to stay in legion and have a good look around then go back to wod if possible.Zeusgeorge2 5d
5d Healers, easier way to target? So, there are macros that cast a skill depending on who you have your mouse over, this is handy in dungeons but not so much in raids. Is there a way to like, point on X person on the Grid Addon and it would go to that user? With 24people I can't easily see the tank and then "mouse over" him.Fiox9 5d
5d Horde side class recommendations? Looking for some advice. I currently have my alliance bm hunter thats level 84 and i really enjoy playing a ranged class and i am now starting to think about making a horde character and level them both at the same time. My horde character will be a orc so that takes away a few classes right away and i would like a ranged dps character that is fairly easy to play as i am still pretty much a noob at wow. Also what realm would you recommend along with class ?Zeusgeorge13 5d
5d IKIGAI, social guild for returning and first timers Hey guys! It has been said many time than the World of Warcraft community is toxic, and I'm here to prove otherwise! Nicky & myself have created a little re-roll guild for our Twitch community (https://www.twitch.tv/elloawendy), and as the project rise more success than anticipated, we decided that we wanted to open it to anyone that are seaking a welcoming home. IKIGAI - Aerie Peak - Horde A reason for being Our guild is aimed to be a welcoming, friendly and social community for returning players, new players, or for alts. We are open to anyone that wan to find a family to play World of Warcraft with. Our community is composed of nice mix of Veteran WOW-players, first-timers and returning players What we offer - A nice environement for leveling with friends. - Leveling can be a pleasant journey to share with friends, rather than rushing it through. - End-game in a relaxing, calm, fun, stress-free atmosphere (planed for BFA) - Dungeons, Group questing, Social events organised regularly - Freedom to play on your own term, fast or slow, often or rarely. - A friendly, open community active in various MMORPG, Discord and Twitch Guild ideal for: - Returning players that wish to rediscover the game - First timer that never played World of Warcraft before - Players that enjoy a social environement - Players that seak for a calm, relaxing, gentle, mature environement Rules: - Be Kind! This is our only rule and expectation. Our community is an open community. You are welcome to come and go as it please you. To join our events or not. To be very active or be discreete. As long as you are kind, you will always be welcome! WHO WE ARE Hey! I'm Elloa, I'm a content creator on Twitch, Youtube and social media. I'm passionated by MMORPGs and the gaming community. I play several MMORPGS at all time and enjoy it a lot! World of Warcraft had been my first love. I played it intensively and exclusively for 7 years. I left just before the Fireland patch of Cataclysm, and came back On and Off in Pandaria, Warlord and at the very start of Legion. I returned to WOW to introduce my boyfriend & partner to it. Yes, he never played WOW and that mistake had to be repaired. As we were rediscovering the game and having fun leveling new characters in a slow way, a LOT of friends joined us and we decided to create IKIGAI. WOW TODAY HAS CHANGED A lot of WOW players left the game because they didn't enjoyed the evolution the game was taking, especially on a social level. So, there was a time where WOW were maybe not the most friendly place to be. But I think the gaming community as evolved a lot since then, and it is nowadays possible to create a very nice, friendly environement within the game. WOW is offering new tools that make the organisation of social event easier than it has ever been, such as the flex raid and the leveling scaling. OUR GOALS - We want to offer a guild where players can experience the whole game in peace and at their own rythm. - We aim to have a raid-team, relaxed but focused, Mythic Dungeons events and more... - Nicky, myself and some of our mods/officers are working to have a character frozen in each bracket (Vanilla, TBC-WOTLK, Cata-Pandaria) for the organisation of Dungeons and Group questing. This ensure everyone to be able to level at their own pace, fast or slow and be ensured to have the possibility to play with other players. At this point, most of our roster is level <60 but we have a few players (me included) who boosted a character at lvl 110 to prepare for BFA INTERESTED? Is our project intering you? Do you have any question, or do you want to know us better first? Check us on our Social Media: - TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/elloawendy - DISCORD: https://discord.gg/R4xMPdF - Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElloaWendy Look forward to see some of you joining our little family on the internet! Peace!Elloa12 5d
6d Returning Player from Cataclysm Hi guys, haven't played since Cata, just picked WoW up again after my 13 yr old son started playing. Just looking for advice on where to start off from again with my lvl85 Enhance. Shaman. Should I start with the MoP content and move through content as I would have done had I continued playing? I'm just getting my head around all the changes, I won't ask about all these on here (Google's your friend), just advice on what order to tackle the content since Cata. Thanks in advance Sipper4 6d
6d Its been a longtime Ok.. 6 years since last time. Have the rogue. 85 Dk and druid 81. Which one of these should be my first priority. Loved the rogue back in the day, dk for it being a dk and druid for versatility, must say i sucked at both healing and tanking with it. So i am about to install all the latest content, what do when i enter the new world and totally different game as what i have heard? Which one of my characters will be the best one to fast get up to 100? Damn, i know its all personal preference but still, anyone of the classes above might have turned into !@#$e and are completely useless in random dungeons.. favourable specs on all 3 would be aporeciated. And last, where do i start levelling again? /DDigitalis3 6d
6d Overpowered classes Hi, I'am new player to the game, I would love to know which classes are most OP PvE/PvP wise? And also what would be best class for both PvE and PvP (that has good standards in both aspects of the game), take reminder, I give slightly advantage to the PvE atm.Northrendz9 6d
6d I need suggestions please Im returned to the WOW after 6 months. I wanna play a spec that does well in both mythic+ and raids, at least good on one of them and not bad on another. I do not wanna feel useless playing both content. It would be also good if that spec has okayish spell animations. I was considering between mage/rogue/Ench sham/Marksmanship. Dunno how well Assas or Sub rog doing in AOE combats. About ench shaman, people told me to stay away from it in some twitch chat. So I am thinking on these specs I have listed. At least give me ideas or information depending on your experience please.Eotrix21 6d
6d Questions about dungeons I am a new player and have some questions about dungeons. I prefer questing, so I haven't done too many dungeons, but I have done a few. First question: How does loot work in dungeons? I remember watching my father play dungeons a few years ago, and every time loot dropped he would get the option to need, greed or pass on loot. I don't have this option at any time throughout a dungeon, and I get almost no loot. Is it supposed to be like this, or is the game changed? If it's changed, how does it work now? Second question: Why do I do so little damage? It's not important to me to do the most damage or be the best, but as I am an elemental shaman I would've thought I'd be top three, above tank and healer? There are even dungeons where I do less than the healer. I'm not very good at games in general so that might be why, but is there any other reason why I always do so little damage? Thank you for answers!Bullzart4 6d
6d ding 110, what now? hey guy always me :) "Ding" i'm at 110 and I know the story, a new world open :p with trillion of quests etc. Right now I following little bit the new quests but I have two (& more) questions : - what is the better path: follow the old lines to complete the zones and then move on or just immerge myself in the broken islands and then go back to the story lines? - Now I found objects to improve my artifact of billions, it's advisable to increase two artifact at the same time? Note for who will say "follow the quests you like": we all know that there is a easy and more enjoyable path to follow :p but thanks anyway :* thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrUB6KuGY8Aftersunset3 6d
6d Mythic +15 So im really new to wow iv just finshed a +15 dungeon an it says im only going to get a ilvl 930 item from the chest is this a bug ? https://gyazo.com/97915708af583e321e6d5cd10ab93d92Ourway5 6d
6d Which Realm? :) hey Guys / Girls ..:) So im from Far far away.. but im Thinking about Playing on a New Server, a new English Server.:) But i cant decide on which one.. havent played for nearly 3 years now.. Are there some Servers with an nice Faction Balance or is it still the same that some have 18:1 Ratios or visa versa? ( Btw, yes my native language isnt English so yeah.. :P :) Thanks in Advance. SaphiraEvriana2 6d
11 Jun Important "Must do quests" from Classic to Legion. Hello, I am returning to WoW like I always do for each new expansion, I have previously only been a casual player, always reaching the new level cap and quitting shortly thereafter. This time, in preparation for BfA I really want to give WoW and its endgame content the shot it deserves. I am starting fresh on a new high-pop realm (Argent Dawn) with my now level 110 character (boosted to 100 level) and was therefore wondering what quests from Classic to Legion is important to do? I am referring to questlines that are beneficial for your character's' in the long run like the Garrison questline and the Argus campaign, which unlocks the NetherLight Crucible Relics, making your weapons stronger. You know, skills, unlocks, powers, useful stuff etc, any things like that if you catch my meaning. Thankful for any help in this regard.Aerdun5 11 Jun
10 Jun Garrison question So got to level 90 a few days ago and been building up my garrison and buying blueprints for gold when there available. Wondering what happens when i get into legion content does my garrison carry over or do i start a fresh ? If its a fresh garrison then i guess i better stop wasting money on my garrison?Zeusgeorge2 10 Jun
10 Jun Draenor Pathfinder achievement - Add ons Hi All, I started this idea to go back and finish the Draenor pathfinder achievement with a 110 character, which seems to be a challenge due to the quests not being marked and i dont have a clue where to go, follow.. etc. Do you have any suggestions as in or any add ons that will easy up my life with this achievement? I have tried quest completionist but its quite a mess and really does not seem to add any value. THanks in advance!Eroconun3 10 Jun
6d WoW or Bless Online? Can't decide, but it seems the Lich King is in both games? :O Check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPcHFC73A8Thoorin7 6d
10 Jun How to do Dungeons? Hi All Again! I’ve decided to put a lot of time into dungeons as I find this a lot more fun than questing at the moment as a new player to WOW. I’m just wondering What’s the best way to do dungeons? I’m currently finding a random dungeon and completing the quests for more exp bonus, but don’t really know what loot or what i should be grinding as a new player? Everything that drops is blue and can’t be sold, seems to be just added to my collections? I’m only ben playing classic dungeons is this because of the location I am in the world? Or because of my level? Is there any mounts in classic dungeons I can grind and how hard to obtain if any? Thanks. Add me if you fancy doing dungeons together :) TankJake#2952Galuraf14 10 Jun
09 Jun DH TANK, need advice and tips I need someone to take a look and advice me on use of spells and rotations for more dps. Anything i use wrong or forget to use? im new as DH-tank and i want someone that knows the class to correct my wrongs :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlI2uAXdZA&t=214sElarenna4 09 Jun
08 Jun My ilevel is too low for draenor dungeons So ive just hit level 91 and looked to see what new dungeons i could do but its saying my ilevel is only 477 and i need to be 500 ilevel. I did a quick google search and seen a few people say you just need to keep grinding out quests but i wanted to ask would it be worthwhile heading back to auction house and buying a few items to boost my ilevel because I enjoy doing dungeons the most?Limeade5 08 Jun
08 Jun Level capped guilds for new players - comments? Innovative ideas for guild structure for returning / new player - comments? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am thinking of returning and have some new content to play before the new expansion comes out. I would like to play with some friends in a mature guild that only includes these friends. But we have different rates of being able to dedicate time. I do not want to impose heavy time requirements on them, but would like to play the instances / raids with them. A guild structure I am thinking of would likely need some code Blizzard-side to enable it. It is to have a guild where level progression is capped out at each level of progress until everyone in the guild has reached the prior level. (This structure might also be useful for players that have e.g. level 19 twinks). So e.g. a guild manager can up the max level that characters in the guild can progress to. So allowing more than one level available (useful at start). Xp would then not accrue for those at the max level - maybe stopping when they are mid-XP of a level. Mobs give no XP, quests cannot be turned in or progressed. This allows e.g. a daily player to progress at the same rate as a weekend player. It would also be useful for players that want to level just to Level 60, the original cap, and try instances. Obviously some details to work out, and some buy-in from Blizzard required, as it looks hard to do just via Add-Ons. Any positive support for this idea, extensions of the idea, or other places this could be used or implemented within the game would be good, please give them. This will give Blizzard (who I am not attached to) some indication of worth of dedicating developer hours to it. Thanks, Vodax.Vodax2 08 Jun
08 Jun New Pandaren Alt Questing Problem: Okay, I'm a new Pandaren in The Wandering Isle, and I got "killed" by the wind on the Dafeng quest. Stupidly I hit my hearthstone, which was set at Mandori Village, and now I haven't got a clue how to get back to the quest, everywhere I go is impassable mountain/river terrain ... any suggestions please?Cricketwell3 08 Jun