New/Returning Player Questions & Guides

25 Oct New to WoW or Returning After a Long Break? Are you new to World of Warcraft or returning after a long break? Bellular's New & Returning Player Guides will get you up to speed! Check out the complete playlist on YouTube. Episode 1: What is World of Warcraft This episode provides a brief history on World of Warcraft and what is needed in order to play the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnFW1GteSEI Episode 2: Creating your Character Learn how to pick a realm and create your first character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVdTrbyCiw Episode 3: First steps and game UI Discover the features of the World of Warcraft UI and learn some tips & tricks for taking your first steps in Azeroth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtviQG09NI Episode 4: Leveling Up and Mounts Learn more about how to level up and unlock riding skills and mounts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeUzbanLnk Episode 5: Social Features and the Community Discover the Social Features and the wider World of Warcraft community. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WinnTbw4shA Episode 6: PvE Content in World of Warcraft From dungeoneering to questing, there’s a wide variety of PvE content available to take part in, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-UQujNL8Zw Episode 7: PvP Content in World of Warcraft Test your mettle against other players by diving into the PvP content of World of Warcraft. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fpeYlFX6jo Episode 8: Additional Features of World of Warcraft Take a look at some of the other features and activities found in World of Warcraft, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tfVo1T4lfw Episode 9: Gearing up and the Endgame You’ve hit level 120 but the journey is far from over, now it’s time to discover what to do next! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrY1eyLddTQ Episode 10: WoW Encyclopedia: Abbreviations & Terminology Are terms like AoE, BoE, BoP, DPS etc. like another language to you? This video has you covered! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfdiXlDPTugAerythlea0 25 Oct
24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 25/01/2018) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
08 Nov Helpful People List For New Players Continued Pt3 Old threads are now full, again. Glad to see it being so popular! Don't be afraid newbies to add us ^_^ We wouldn't put our tags here if we weren't happy with you contacting us! Me especially. First Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7714001606 Second Thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8048825633?page=1 Same as the previous thread, don't expect these people to shower you in gold and items. We're here to give advice not play the game for you. Name: Realm: Faction: RealID/BattleTag: (You don't need to put this here if you don't want to.) Assistance: List of Helpful People No.2 Name: Waffles Realm: Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Jani#2877 Assistance: I can help with all kinds of advice about the game, including information on classes, gold making, fight mechanics and also lore. Pretty much, if you have a question about the game, there's a 98% chance I can answer it. Never hesitate to just add my Battletag and say hi. Name: Dalator Realm: Silvermoon/Argent Dawn Faction: Alliance (used to play horde) Btag: Fishhoox#2600 Assistance: Well if you need guidance in almost anything I probably have an answer (if not I'll look it up). I'm raiding heroic raids, I do pvp and I got 8 lvl 90's, I do a bit roleplaying and I might be an achievment hunter so I assume I have a wide diversity of knowledge in the game. Basically I don't mind helping people because I'm lonely and bored :/ And yes I was a newbie once too. Name: (Depends on the current character I use) Realm: Maghteridon/Moonglade/ArgentDawn/Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance -(also secretly part of the Scourge/Naga) RealID/BattleTag: MRTF#2579 Assistance: I'm pretty much an expert on lvl 15-75 dungeons. (Since I've done them too many times :p). I can also help when it comes to battle pets, classes/spezialications, general issues, transmogrification, any profession advice lvls 1-400s. How to Tank/DPS/Heal. Few RP advices, PvP suggestions (but I'm not as good as in MoP). Name: Ionis, Trusthoof, That guy that loves to hear himself talk. Realm/Faction: Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) / The Sha'tar (Horde) Real ID: Ionis#2574 Assistance: - Explaining basics of game mechanics for all roles and most classes. - Primary and Secondary professions (except Engineering) - Basics of PvP and battlegrounds - All group content between levels 15 and 80 (Cataclysm and Pandaria is a little blurry :) ) - Suggesting useful game addons. - Lore, roleplaying. Name: Ninjaattack Realm: Stormreaver / Spinebreaker /Dragonmarw /Vashj. (Cross-realm) Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Sarah#2620 Assistance: Anything! Will gladly with dungeons, Pvp, killing players from the other faction, quests.. u name it ;) Just write to me in-game, and i'll help u and answer all the questions u probably have (as good as i can). See ya in Azeroth! :P Name: Wìsky Realm: Draenor/Silvermoon Faction: Horde/Alliance Battle Tag: Wìsky#2483 Assistance: Have been playing this game for a long time so I can help you with anything really. If you have questions about the game, your class, addons and whatnot or just wanna talk and make a new friend I'm always available. Name: Tacitaalma Realm: Anachronos - alonsus Faction: Horde Assistance: Any, I am a skilled girl. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Aenaar Realm: Kazzak (EU) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Aenaar#2103 Assistance: Pretty much anything with the exception of currency. Feel free to approach me for any help or if you would like to chat or make friends. I am happy to guide, teach and will come to assist if you are in trouble. I have been in World of Warcraft for about 8 years and will gladly share experiences that may help you in your adventures. Name: Felthrian Realm: Sylvanas Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: ((Will Update when I can log in later)) Assistance: I can help you with PvP, I'm a keen lover of lore and as such know quite a lot of it and have done most of the quests in the game. Always happy to help new players into the game in any way I can, I've played casually for a very long time so can give advice on most topics, or just have a chat and play some BGs or Arena with you! Name: Wolfz Realm: Aggra / Grim Batol Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: xInesx#2449 Assistance: Can assist with introduction to raiding and gearing up your character, new player tip, competiive pvp ( to an extent not every class) and weekly arena caps , currency (gold) farm - AH playing. speak portuguese , english , french spanish or italian. only lend currency if i see its justified. i'm mainly an experienced feral druid ( since wotlk ) and holy paladin (since early cata) Our guild also happens to be recruiting but u must be portuguese for that.. Name: Whis Realm: Daggerspine (or any other i'm on) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Ocodot#2978 Assistance: I can help with nearly everything except for advanced raiding since I'm mainly PvP focused. I've played since WoW launch so I am extremely familiar with the game and it's mechanics. I can help you understand your class, anything PvP, gearing, weekly conquest cap, basic mechanics. Name: Melthazina Realm: Magtheridon (main) Faction: Alliance / Horde RealID/BattleTag: Pharazon #2864 Assistance: I've played WoW on and off since its release in 2005, and through that time I've played all classes and levelled numerous alts, many classes several times. I from Northern Norway, have a streak of Viking blood and know how to curse for an extended period of time without using the same word twice. Despite that I bark worse than I bite so don't be scared of throwing me a whisper if you're ever stuck on something, or generally just want to chat :) Name: Anwraith Realm: Chamber of Aspects Faction: Horde New player trying to understand how to navigate the game. I reached level 8 in a few hours and then got stuck when I couldn't find an avatar to obtain my next quest from. I have read the new player guide and many posts on these forms but I haven't seen a topic dealing with learning how to move around in the World. I don't know where to look for a quest giver, or a vendor to unload the excess baggage from my quests and if I knew where, I don't know what to read to learn what can be found where or how to navigate from where I am to other designated locations that haven't been targeted on the map with a quest. Name: Dreams/Medea/Medzie Realm: Draenor/Kazzak/Sylvanas Faction: Horde/Alliance BattleTag:Nikil#2653 Assistance: I've played this game since vanilla across multiple accounts over the time I have done and achieved many things in game I have done decent amount of PvP and cleared end raids on hardest difficulty during its time period, I have farmed various achievements, reputations, mounts and pets over the years and farmed a lot of gold easily I can help you with all of this + help with general questions, leveling tips and how to get into raiding and pvp and all sort of other stuff the one thing I cannot help you with is battle pets I am sorry:( . The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started I was lucky to have friends brother who was fairly experienced I asked him all sort of questions without him I would be nowhere and I would like to give the same opportunity to new players now to give you an example of my stupid questions "Why can mobs see and attack me if I'm hiding behind a tree?" anything you ask wont be as bad as that so go for it. Also please note if I'm raiding I may not be able to respond but during breaks or after raid I definitely will answer your question.Waffles46 08 Nov
01 Nov Recruit a Friend Requests Please feel free to reply to this thread if you’re looking for a friend to recruit, or if you wish to be recruited by a friend. We only ask that you follow the other forum guidelines, and restrict these requests to only the specific thread on the official forums. How to Recruit a Friend - World of Warcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXMpfPb6Ok IMPORTANT: Please be careful about sharing your account details with people. Posting your RealID or any other personal information on a public forum isn't a great idea!Vaneras4717 01 Nov
11 Oct [Information] Starter Account for returning players You will likely be aware by now that some changes have taken place in 6.1 for returning players that have frozen accounts. Some sites have named this a "Veteran Account" though it is not officially named such. I thought I would make a quick post to let you know what this is all about. If an account becomes frozen, i.e. player has unsubbed or is no longer adding game time, characters above level 20 will be locked out from play, theses characters will be marked as [Inactive] on the character selection screen. You can however create new characters which will have the mostly the same limitations as a starter account:- Can't play expansion-restricted content (new continents, etc). Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks. Can't participate in Pet Battles. Can't disable experience gains. Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House. Can't use voice chat or Real ID. Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc). If you know starter accounts well, you will see that some of the restrictions of a starter account are not listed above. A player that has a full account but has no game time can play on a low level character but as opposed to having all the starter account restrictions, the following extra permissions have been granted:- Can join guilds their other characters are members of. Can whisper characters that are members of your current guild. Can use guild chat in addition to the say and party channels. You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g. Full information can be found in the updated support article found here:- https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faqShammoz43 11 Oct
15 Nov New Player Advice New Player starting the game. Decided I am going to try a Blood Elf DK Blood Tank. Going to start off questing and then moving into lower level dungeons? Still not worked out how to drag menus or the full UI yet but got the basics. Might look into addons later. If you could give one piece of advice to a new player what would it be? Greeting Programs! TRONEON o/Troneon7 15 Nov
15 Nov Legion Start Regarding Starting Legion - I know their was a pre-patch event and scenario. What I don't know is if I can still do this stuff. I have the quest - The Legion Returns in my log, which is the start of the expansion. I found this video on YT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9knaO4gK7aw It's basically all the pre-patch cutscenes I think. Should I watch this first, or will I get this story from this questline? Reason I ask is, at the start of some expansions I think you miss a lot of story as cutscenes are removed, or the opening cutscene for the game is different or something. When I started Cata questline, I had nothing about Deathwing breaking free etc or the world changing, it was just from quest text. So just trying to get as near to launch experience as I can with the story.Gambirra5 15 Nov
15 Nov Gaming mouse. Hi all, me again! :) I have just got a gaming mouse, but I can't bind turn right or left to it. How do I do this, please? Google isn't helping much. Thanks for any aid you can give a friendly Orc!Mandery5 15 Nov
14 Nov Why wow feels so tragic for new and returning players. Just sharing a few thoughts here about my experience as a returning player. I've played on and off since 2006. Stopping for a long break after cata. I returned during legion (right at the end) and now enjoy playing some bfa. Yet, wow feels tragic in a couple of areas and I just wanted to highlight my experience of this to help devs improve the game for players like me. Returning: when returning to bfa and legion for that matter, I felt overwhelmed by the absolutely huge amount of content and things to do; raiding is excetiopnally hard to get involved in because your basically a n00b - no one wants you, the main story line is difficult to distinguish because it's not well sign posted, understanding how to travel to different areas is again difficult as you need to know portals, ships and flightpaths with no sign posting, understanding how the previous law works together to create today's landscape and lore is absolutely impossible if you missed an expansion, and finally classes all feel the same so it's difficult to understand your unique role in the lore. New players; levelling alts is tragic... absolutely tragic... the story make no sense what so ever, you have to find some person to go back to different points in time to hand in some quests, the levelling process is very unrewarding and frankly dull and lonely, you skip loads of content or get lost doing tiny bits of lots of things and then you land in bfa and feel you have played 9 different games. Devs please... Please just find a way to "delete" all the expansions except bfa so you can level rapidly from 1-110 in azeroth in the state of BFA, then join in with the end game content on the new lands.Zanzubar5 14 Nov
14 Nov Can I "Recruit-a-friend" my friend (old WOW player)? Can I "Recruit-a-friend" my friend, who has not subbed and logged in to WOW in the last 8 years?Luksusdyret2 14 Nov
14 Nov Returning player worries.. Hey all I recently levelled a DK to 120 in the hopes it’d be my new main but alas I can’t click with it. So I’m looking at sticking with my mage (not this one but another) and my shaman. My question is - it’s very hard to find a simple answer atm with all the hate flinging around and people really slaying classes. Am I safe to main my mage and perhaps alt the shaman for mostly PvP but pushing mythic dungeon content too? (Will be healing on the shaman). Thanks for any input!Crikit2 14 Nov
14 Nov Is there any class... Also these quest chains...?? So I decided to test wow again. Haven't really played since tbc. Got my warrior boosted to lvl 110 and leveled it to lvl 113. Then I noticed that it is so different game from tbc... Every spell has some cooldown... There is like too much spells with so many different cooldowns... HATE IT. The other thing that I noticed was questing. Now you have like one big quest chain where as in tbc u had quests here and there, just a single quests. Not like in bfa where u need to go some place and do 2 quests then run some other place where it's 3 quests etc etc... So my question is: is there any class that have not got million skills with 30 sec - 2 min cooldowns... Just like in tbc where it was 2-3 spells with these cooldowns... Warrior has it and I know that druid has them too... Also do I really have to follow these quest npc's in order to level up in bfa? Or can I skip it somehow and get every quest availabe in every location? I really hate this game right now and I regret buying bfa and subscription at the moment...Toprankcow4 14 Nov
14 Nov First Mail can not take attachments? Greetings Programs, I got a in game mail from NPC when I started a few days ago in starter zone. Few days gone by now and I can open the mail but still can not take attachments for some reason? Any ideas? Here is SS: https://i.imgur.com/NGdwhGU.jpg Thanks.Troneon2 14 Nov
13 Nov Post WoD lore Can anyone give a very brief rundown of the lore at the end of the WoD questlines? I did Loremaster In WoD, but I haven’t done the raids. So I’ve seen the resolvement of Garrosh, but that’s where it ends. Would just like to know if there is any little story bits between that moment in Nagrand and the start of Legion that I need to know before I start legion (as I don’t think I have any access to the legion pre expansion event content now).Azmodani5 13 Nov
13 Nov can't find how to delete this one how to delete a postSamagono2 13 Nov
13 Nov flight point booty bay Can I not use this as Horde for some reason? The gryphon master is red! Is this just a bug? Ty for any replies making sense of this! :)Mandery3 13 Nov
13 Nov What to do on alt and what to leave for your main? Hey everyone! I have kinda unusal and silly problem here. My main is this mage and that fact probably won't change. I love every aspect of this character and I know that I will play it till the end of my journey with WoW. The thing is that I want to roll an undead rogue now and Zandalari troll druid after the race release, but I do not know what to do on these characters. I mean: I know that I should keep reputations and achievements on my mage and other things like those, but can someone tell me what do You avoid/do on your alts and what things do you leave for your main characters? Thanks in advance! Have a nice evening!Orsson5 13 Nov
12 Nov Just returning back Hey Guys! its my first time back in what feels like a life time away! probably not the right forum for this. but anyway here goes! I'm looking to get back tanking but getting the confidence back is quite a big thing. when in groups seem to be getting people who are wanting to rush through. and when you don't really know whats happening can be quite daunting? (can't be just me feeling this) so not really having time to learn and get myself back in to the swing of things, so pretty much looking for a few people who fancy exploring BFA questing or to run instances ect. and if anyone one is interested in playing levelling at a steady pace can add me. p.s I don't stand in fire if thats helps.Arclite2 12 Nov
12 Nov Be Raptor (Horde) This is a quest in Bambala, Stranglethorn Vale. Hi everyone, I am trying to do this quest on this character, but really struggling on the second part. I just can't evade the nets of the troll guards quickly enough to escape again once they have already caught me once. Do any of you lovely people have tips? Should I just wait until other people are doing it too so the guards have multiple targets? The problem is that once the guards have caught you and you escape, they can just grab you once more, and this time your bite move isn't off cooldown yet! Aaaaaagh is all I can say to that! The dash isn't fast enough to evade guards who have already caught you, either. Is there something I'm missing? I keep getting sent back to the conversation with the first adult raptor. Thanks for any help anyone can offer, as always. You guys rock! :)Mandery2 12 Nov
12 Nov Transmog Collection? You can unlock transmogs only to your gear class? For example - If I run Blackwing Lair with hunter, I will add mail items to my mog collection, but not the rest of the drop - cloth, leather, plate? If I want to get cloth, I must go and run the dungeon again with clother?Beroe2 12 Nov
12 Nov Kazzak or Defias Brotherhood Hello, I'm currently playing as Horde on Sylvanas, but it feels empty as H is only 14% of the realms' population, so 99% of the players I'm seeing are from other realms but I cannot interact with them for trading and guild. The AH is seems overpriced too. I want to transfer to a more balanced realm (population wise), and checking a few stats websites it turns out Kazzak is the place to be for Horde, but Defias Brotherhood seems to have an almost 1:1 faction balance. I'm not a hardcore PvP guy, I like to enjoy everything that the game has to offer (social, questing, raiding, PvP, not skipping cutscenes etc.), would this be a problem if I go for DB? TL;DR: Which is the best suited realm to transfer to, from Sylvanas, as Horde? Thanks.Arcanebyte3 12 Nov
11 Nov What happened to trade? Ohai, I recently returned to WoW after a break. Last I actively played was during Cata end-game. Unfortunately, I deleted my old account info so I had to wave bye bye to that account /irrelevant. So far, I'm quite enjoying being able to solo most content, as there seems to be so much now. I feel like I fell right into a sea of content to do, which is a bit overwhelming but at least I know there's still always something to do. One thing I noticed though, is that all I ever see in the trade channel is either a guild trying to recruit or....... peoplle/guilds selling Mythic runs. Call me old-fashioned but what the hell happened to people actually trying to buy and sell items. But most of all, is gearing so easy nowadays that guilds no longer run content for the purpose of gearing other guildies/alts? I guess my question most of all is: why is it that guilds sell runs, instead of gearing other guildies/alts? Feels like "selling BoP gear" has become very very accessible.Infernae5 11 Nov
11 Nov How to gain Guild Rep? [Solo] What activities should I do to gain Guild Reputation? Im doing old content normal/heroic dungeons via Dungeon Finder and Random Battlegrounds but Im not getting any guild rep from them. The only source I found so far are Darkmoon Faire dailies. Is doing dailies the only way to get guild reputation? PS: as 110 lvl. I dont have BfA.Darthßane7 11 Nov
11 Nov WoW Complete Collection and Subscription? So i have been playing World of Warcraft recently and i have been really enjoying it and thinking about purchasing the game. i just have a couple of questions about certain things 1: The Complete Collection states that i will need to create a new account. what exactly does this mean? will i have to make a completely new character or is it something else? 2:The complete collection comes with 1 month access and after i will have to start paying for subscription but what happens if i stop paying for the sub? what will i lose and how will it effect my experience with the game?Redshepherd4 11 Nov
11 Nov Flying mounts have the flying mounts been enabled for all areas yet or do you still need to unlock achievements to fly? I hit max level on most expansions and unsubbed so no idea what the game is like.Vux8 11 Nov
10 Nov My cat won't jump Hi, I have a cat as mount and since I have it I was able to jump with him when pressing space bar but in the last hours I can't make it jump anymore, he just roar when I press space bar. I did not make any changes in my buttons. Please help me, how can I make it jump again?Limendil2 10 Nov
10 Nov Noob looking to learn! Hi all! I am new to the wonderful world of WoW and I'm looking for players and/or a guild to play regularly with that I can learn from. I'm keen to learn and grow as quickly as possible.Tharragg3 10 Nov
10 Nov Stuck Reputation I have been farming reputation for darnassus I have tabard but the bar is stuck at 20840/21000 dont know what to do :C need helpIopeliud4 10 Nov
09 Nov New/Returning Players - A place to make some friends! Hey there! I recently made a new account and found myself pretty lonely. I stopped raiding and a lot of guilds around are mainly focused on raiding, or aren't that socials. I met somebody on reddit looking for some more friends also in the game so we decided to make a little community together in the hopes we can find some more friends without needing people to be on the same server or in the same guild. We're open to new players or returning players who also may feel rather lonely like we both did, and perhaps would like some company. We are Alliance I'm afraid and it's an Alliance community. The aim of the community is as follows: - To make friends! - To have people you can have some casual conversation with as you go about your business, but not commitments at all to turning up to raid days or such. - To have fun whether it's old or new content. - To have people who can help you out when you need it. Both myself and my friend are going to be doing a lot of old content, like old raids/dungeons/questlines/achievements etc so it would be great to have some more people who may want to do that to and we can all help each other. If you have any questions or would like to join feel free to add me on btag: Jani#22940 I did make a community link but I can't seem to get one that's endless so if it doesn't work feel free to poke me on btag and I can send you a link that way! Community link: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/2yxZ2XhPd0?region=EU&faction=Alliance I hope to hear from some of you in game. I hope everyone has fun and remember, do what's most enjoyable for you! It's a game and it's meant to be fun!Avalen3 09 Nov
09 Nov Camp conversion equipment illusion problem Hello, my warrior turned from the tribe to the league, but why can't I transform the Grand Marshal suit. My Paladin cannot use the eui plugin and can't be started as long as it is used.Pàpàpàà7 09 Nov
09 Nov PVP Rewards - Need explenation please : ) Hey everyone! Got a few questions regarding the PvP rewards. I now have a 1800+ rating in 3v3 from last week and got a 375 RIVAL ring in my chest. So far so good. Now i did 6 games, 3 wins 3 losses till im above 1800 and have at least 1 win over 1800 - Now i do get a 375+ item again in the chest, right? What happens though if: If my highest rating was 1800 but i get a win and am stuck at 1799? In addition: If i start doing 2v2 and RBG's - are the End-of-Match rewards only with the low RBG rating or do they count me as a RIVAL player already and give me 370+ loot after match? And last but not least to clarify: I only need 1 win above 1800 rating in 3v3 to get the Chest each week, right? This all is so confusing and obstruse. Hope Blizzard clears this up in the future, because ingame it doesnt really tell you any of that. Thanks for helping in advance! See you on the Battlefield Ave Anduin!Shariy0 09 Nov
09 Nov Monk WW Weapons? Hello people :) I'm quite new to wow (i've played wotlk as last expansion, but now everything is different) so i Have sone questions about Monk Windwalker. I'm understand that WW use fists and for fist and fury you need to use one handed weapon (I supposed two as dw). Every quest where I get gear for my pandarian monk I get staff for brew master and mist weaver. I know I'm level 20, but why WW don't get weapons? xD or where i should get them? :DEqunax6 09 Nov
09 Nov [A]Sweet Justice Reroll project Turalion/Doomhammer Sweet Justice is a new reroll project to start from Vanilla content and level lock to complete Dungeons/Raids all the way upto BFA content. We are looking for everyone who wants to be part of this inclusive community. There are no real restrictions on Races/Classes just level locking at cap. Send a /w to Voiarellia on Doomhammer/Turalion for more information or an invite to the guildAlacus1 09 Nov
09 Nov World pvp in BFA? Hey, returning player here Could anyone please enlighten me as to the current state of world pvp? I heard rumors that the Legion Battleground system has been put to use in bfa pvp aswell now, so that level and gear matters less, as was the case with battlegrounds in legion. Is that true? Thanks in advanceGuldans4 09 Nov
08 Nov When can i play with my friend At what lvl can i play the same quests with my friend (we are different races)Upperhukster9 08 Nov
08 Nov A Perfect Costume Its a quest in burning Stepepst. I dont know how it works I watch like 8 videos and still didnt complete the quest can you please helpIopeliud3 08 Nov
08 Nov Teleport out of the instance when you are solo? Is there a way to go outside the Dungeon instantly without using your Hearthstone and travel back to the entrance? When you are farming Dungeons solo you dont have "Teleport Out" of the instance. Im farming dungeons for achievements and mounts and its a real pain to go back to the exit and re-enter again.Captaínßeer3 08 Nov
08 Nov What to use boost on So I've finally come back to the game again after a while, but want to level a void elf so would it be a good idea to boost another character to 110 to unlock the race as I don't want to go through levelling twice in a row Are there any benefits to levelling multiple characters? I've never reached high levels on a character before, which class would be the best to boost if I'm just using it to unlock other races?Rylus4 08 Nov
08 Nov The ever burning question of picking a class Hello, as the title says I would need help with the ever burning question. What class should I play? I am marginally altoholic as I am very quickly bored, but also very big fan of RPG's and fantasy settings in general. I like the idea of every class. It is very tedious as I recently found out to have all the classes maxed in the game and the trial does not offer a clear answer for me neither. This is why I request help from people with actual hands-on experience with different classes. Long story short, I have a Shaman, Druid, Mage and Paladin which I played more intensively. As you can see from that selection above I tend to drift towards ranged/caster archetype. In earlier expansions I liked healing and DPS as a second spec. This is now vice-versa. DPS on first place, but having a Heal option is a welcome addition. I did not mention anything about Tanking, cause I deem it a more "high-end" spec. and I never knew to play the game to such a level to have people depend solely on me doing my job right. But in the near future I would consider that as well. I am very PvE focused, dipping my feet in PvP occasionally (BG's mostly). I am trying to get back in the game with the new expansion, as I got really bored in the first 3 weeks of its release with the Paladin which I boosted excusively for BfA. In Legion I played Mage the most, but got tired by the end of the DPS-and-nothing-else aspect of the class. I also have experience with Guild Wars 2 (played for 4-5 years), where I had all the classes, but my favorite was the Elemental (Mage). This is where I ask for your help: Given the more dynamic nature of GW2 (especially Elementalist), what would be a near equivalent in term of WoW classes? I do not care much about the meta and balance, but I do care to have options and the likelihood of the class fantasy. I would like something that: - has a rotation, but also options on how (or in which order) to use your spells/abilities - having utility to my group (Raid/dungeon or BG's) - dynamic gameplay (no long casts, not repetitive 3 button meta combo) - having DPS and Healing options (maybe Tanking in the future) - class fantasy of the Mage, Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, DK - Ranged or Melee is not that important What I tend to like less are: - long casts or RNG based gameplay, also DoT's and HoT's - Druid forms and Hunter pets - class fantasy of Warrior, DH, Monk, Warlocks and Priests (excluding SP) I won't bore you with other details, but I would like to end on the fact that I am willing to level/learn any new class that is more dynamic in gameplay than the above mentioned 4 classes that I already have. I am also willing to continue with Paladin or Mage (or Shaman/Druid). I have no problem with them if my other alternatives are very similar or scarce. Thank you for your time reading my post! Have a great day!Exocrath2 08 Nov
07 Nov How does reputation work I have been leveling up the reputation of darnassus like 2h doing dungeon like look in the Reputation and I have 11 000/12 000 then I look again and I have 1,600 /21 000 I dont know how it work I am maybe stupidIopeliud1 07 Nov
07 Nov Warfronts Hey, so i've been seeing alot of warfront armor and weapons but how do i play? There is no premade group for it no table like islands nothing do i need to do something before i get the option for it?Démón5 07 Nov
07 Nov I get guild invitations while playing, what to do? Hi, sometimes there's invitations that appears on my screen while I play, these ones seems to come from people and they ask me if I want to join tribe "X". Do these people are real or NPC? What will happen f I accepts? Please help me, I'm new and because I don't know I fear to accept. Thanks.Limendil3 07 Nov
06 Nov returning after 9 years I just returned with 30 day game time after 9 years (been playing many other mmo's in the meantime without subscription models). Helped by the fact that apparently I got all expansions for free (safe the last). I got nostalgic and wanted to see how my first ever mmo was doing after all these years, and how rose tinted my memory goggles really are ;). I stopped about 2 months after cataclysm came out, came back 2 days ago. I plan to basically mess around, look at old places and new. Play around with new systems. Like what's that....wowkemon - gotta catch then all added? Ok I am gonna have fun with stuff like that even if casually on the side. Fun nonsense things make me happy (love engineering ^^ ). Not at all aiming for getting max level asap, nor endgame stuff or max gearing. I plan to solo about noobischly and have fun. Maybe see if i can solo vastly outleveled raids/dungeons i never got a chance to see. With this in mind. I have 4 characters at my disposal: a level 80 blood elf rogue, a level 80 dwarven deathknight, a level 83 draenai shaman and a now level 87 human warlock. The last one I been checking some stuff with for the past day or so, started pandaria, gained 2 levels. I don't recall the game being this easy on my lock though. But honestly at the moment I don't mind the easy mode. I have not tried (or even set up) the other classes yet. I do not feel like getting back into more then 2 characters max. Enough new and overwhelming without having to relearn multiple characters. So much seems changed, not just visuals, but also simplified in places from what I remember. Which of these do you guys think is the best one to get back into the game and solo/explore/mess about with? Or would you guys say... do pandaria on one and cataclysm on another for instance. I want to see as much as possible without doing stuff twice.Vihlar2 06 Nov
06 Nov Change dungeon type default in finder? Mine is defaulting to Lich King dungeons and as cool as some of them are... 1. I'd like to be doing the dungeons which correlate to the open world quests I am doing. 2. The Lich King dungeons seem a bit complex. I know I can change it myself but I'd prefer to have it automatically be on Burning Crusader not Lich King.Pauly1 06 Nov
06 Nov how to get to un'goro without a flying as a alliance Guys i am trying to get to ungoro 2h and I dont know if I am stupid I am draenei paladin level 48 and I wanna go to ungoro bcs i like a theme of ungoro can you pls help me :)Iopeliud9 06 Nov
06 Nov The best realm for Alliance/Horde Good evening. Now I play on russian realms, but I want to play on eu. So I have one question: what are the best realms for this? Where is the biggest online and more lively auction? Please tell me about best realm for Alliance and Horde. I think its Silvermoon for Alliance and Kazzak/Draenor for Horde. Its true? Thank you and sorry for my bad english :)Вельфарион1 06 Nov
06 Nov How to switch cursor to start a battle with a mascot? Hi, I get a little bird mascot in the elven giant tree, then when I see wild mascots and I want to start a battle with them... sometimes there's the green paw cursor that appears and sometimes there's just the sword cursor... and I don't understand how to switch between the paw and the sword cursor, that's annoying because sometimes I want to catch mascots but I only have the sword cursor on the screen. Can you please explain me how to do it? Thanks.Limendil5 06 Nov
06 Nov Is it possible to betray your faction? Hello! I have a tauren friend who wants to play with me but is very adamant about playing Tauren. That got me thinking, if he was is Elwynn Forest, could he kill some stuff or do some quests to build up reputation with Goldshire, Stormwind or the Alliance in general to "betray" the horde and "join" the Alliance?Arvidkingen9 06 Nov
06 Nov Herbalism + Mining worth it for XP while leveling? I'll soon be returning to the game with a friend. We will create fresh level 1 characters and wear full heirloom sets for max. XP bonus. I hear that herbalism and mining gives some XP for each herb/mine you handle. So, is herbalism + mining worth just for the sake of leveling faster?Luksusdyret4 06 Nov