New/Returning Player Questions & Guides

24 Apr 2014 Social Media & Fansites (Updated: 25/01/2018) Blizzard on Social Media You already know that you can find World of Warcraft news right here on the official community site, but make sure you keep an eye on Blizzard's social networking pages. These sites feature World of Warcraft news, visual media, contests, player-created content, career opportunities, customer support, and much more. Check out what we have to offer, interact with your peers in the community, and share the latest updates with your friends. Official Facebook Pages World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft Official Twitter Feeds @Warcraft @WarcraftDevs (Design Insight & Info) @BlizzardCSEU_EN (Customer Support) @BlizzardCareers (Careers, Recruiting & University Relations) @BlizzCon Other Blizzard Franchises @Diablo @PlayHearthstone @BlizzHeroes @OverwatchEU @StarCraft Official Google+ Pages Other Blizzard Franchises Hearthstone Official YouTube Channels World of Warcraft Customer Support Blizzard Entertainment Other Blizzard Franchises Diablo Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm Overwatch StarCraft World of Warcraft on Reddit /r/WoW (not owned or operated by Blizzard)Vaneras2 24 Apr 2014
14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
2d Recruit a Friend Requests Please feel free to reply to this thread if you’re looking for a friend to recruit, or if you wish to be recruited by a friend. We only ask that you follow the other forum guidelines, and restrict these requests to only the specific thread on the official forums. How to Recruit a Friend - World of Warcraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXMpfPb6Ok IMPORTANT: Please be careful about sharing your account details with people. Posting your RealID or any other personal information on a public forum isn't a great idea!Vaneras4700 2d
06 Aug Helpful People List For New Players Continued Pt3 Old threads are now full, again. Glad to see it being so popular! Don't be afraid newbies to add us ^_^ We wouldn't put our tags here if we weren't happy with you contacting us! Me especially. First Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7714001606 Second Thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8048825633?page=1 Same as the previous thread, don't expect these people to shower you in gold and items. We're here to give advice not play the game for you. Name: Realm: Faction: RealID/BattleTag: (You don't need to put this here if you don't want to.) Assistance: List of Helpful People No.2 Name: Waffles Realm: Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Jani#2877 Assistance: I can help with all kinds of advice about the game, including information on classes, gold making, fight mechanics and also lore. Pretty much, if you have a question about the game, there's a 98% chance I can answer it. Never hesitate to just add my Battletag and say hi. Name: Dalator Realm: Silvermoon/Argent Dawn Faction: Alliance (used to play horde) Btag: Fishhoox#2600 Assistance: Well if you need guidance in almost anything I probably have an answer (if not I'll look it up). I'm raiding heroic raids, I do pvp and I got 8 lvl 90's, I do a bit roleplaying and I might be an achievment hunter so I assume I have a wide diversity of knowledge in the game. Basically I don't mind helping people because I'm lonely and bored :/ And yes I was a newbie once too. Name: (Depends on the current character I use) Realm: Maghteridon/Moonglade/ArgentDawn/Shadowsong Faction: Horde/Alliance -(also secretly part of the Scourge/Naga) RealID/BattleTag: MRTF#2579 Assistance: I'm pretty much an expert on lvl 15-75 dungeons. (Since I've done them too many times :p). I can also help when it comes to battle pets, classes/spezialications, general issues, transmogrification, any profession advice lvls 1-400s. How to Tank/DPS/Heal. Few RP advices, PvP suggestions (but I'm not as good as in MoP). Name: Ionis, Trusthoof, That guy that loves to hear himself talk. Realm/Faction: Steamwheedle Cartel (Alliance) / The Sha'tar (Horde) Real ID: Ionis#2574 Assistance: - Explaining basics of game mechanics for all roles and most classes. - Primary and Secondary professions (except Engineering) - Basics of PvP and battlegrounds - All group content between levels 15 and 80 (Cataclysm and Pandaria is a little blurry :) ) - Suggesting useful game addons. - Lore, roleplaying. Name: Ninjaattack Realm: Stormreaver / Spinebreaker /Dragonmarw /Vashj. (Cross-realm) Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: Sarah#2620 Assistance: Anything! Will gladly with dungeons, Pvp, killing players from the other faction, quests.. u name it ;) Just write to me in-game, and i'll help u and answer all the questions u probably have (as good as i can). See ya in Azeroth! :P Name: Wìsky Realm: Draenor/Silvermoon Faction: Horde/Alliance Battle Tag: Wìsky#2483 Assistance: Have been playing this game for a long time so I can help you with anything really. If you have questions about the game, your class, addons and whatnot or just wanna talk and make a new friend I'm always available. Name: Tacitaalma Realm: Anachronos - alonsus Faction: Horde Assistance: Any, I am a skilled girl. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Mns(Jonathan) Realm: Twisting nether-EU Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Paddfan#2979 Assistance: Advice on the game be it tips for your class or help with quests etc or just want someone to talk to or do things with in game. Also help with raidiing from a player that been playing since release of vanilla. Name: Aenaar Realm: Kazzak (EU) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Aenaar#2103 Assistance: Pretty much anything with the exception of currency. Feel free to approach me for any help or if you would like to chat or make friends. I am happy to guide, teach and will come to assist if you are in trouble. I have been in World of Warcraft for about 8 years and will gladly share experiences that may help you in your adventures. Name: Felthrian Realm: Sylvanas Faction: Alliance RealID/BattleTag: ((Will Update when I can log in later)) Assistance: I can help you with PvP, I'm a keen lover of lore and as such know quite a lot of it and have done most of the quests in the game. Always happy to help new players into the game in any way I can, I've played casually for a very long time so can give advice on most topics, or just have a chat and play some BGs or Arena with you! Name: Wolfz Realm: Aggra / Grim Batol Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: xInesx#2449 Assistance: Can assist with introduction to raiding and gearing up your character, new player tip, competiive pvp ( to an extent not every class) and weekly arena caps , currency (gold) farm - AH playing. speak portuguese , english , french spanish or italian. only lend currency if i see its justified. i'm mainly an experienced feral druid ( since wotlk ) and holy paladin (since early cata) Our guild also happens to be recruiting but u must be portuguese for that.. Name: Whis Realm: Daggerspine (or any other i'm on) Faction: Horde RealID/BattleTag: Ocodot#2978 Assistance: I can help with nearly everything except for advanced raiding since I'm mainly PvP focused. I've played since WoW launch so I am extremely familiar with the game and it's mechanics. I can help you understand your class, anything PvP, gearing, weekly conquest cap, basic mechanics. Name: Melthazina Realm: Magtheridon (main) Faction: Alliance / Horde RealID/BattleTag: Pharazon #2864 Assistance: I've played WoW on and off since its release in 2005, and through that time I've played all classes and levelled numerous alts, many classes several times. I from Northern Norway, have a streak of Viking blood and know how to curse for an extended period of time without using the same word twice. Despite that I bark worse than I bite so don't be scared of throwing me a whisper if you're ever stuck on something, or generally just want to chat :) Name: Anwraith Realm: Chamber of Aspects Faction: Horde New player trying to understand how to navigate the game. I reached level 8 in a few hours and then got stuck when I couldn't find an avatar to obtain my next quest from. I have read the new player guide and many posts on these forms but I haven't seen a topic dealing with learning how to move around in the World. I don't know where to look for a quest giver, or a vendor to unload the excess baggage from my quests and if I knew where, I don't know what to read to learn what can be found where or how to navigate from where I am to other designated locations that haven't been targeted on the map with a quest. Name: Dreams/Medea/Medzie Realm: Draenor/Kazzak/Sylvanas Faction: Horde/Alliance BattleTag:Nikil#2653 Assistance: I've played this game since vanilla across multiple accounts over the time I have done and achieved many things in game I have done decent amount of PvP and cleared end raids on hardest difficulty during its time period, I have farmed various achievements, reputations, mounts and pets over the years and farmed a lot of gold easily I can help you with all of this + help with general questions, leveling tips and how to get into raiding and pvp and all sort of other stuff the one thing I cannot help you with is battle pets I am sorry:( . The reason I'm doing this is because when I first started I was lucky to have friends brother who was fairly experienced I asked him all sort of questions without him I would be nowhere and I would like to give the same opportunity to new players now to give you an example of my stupid questions "Why can mobs see and attack me if I'm hiding behind a tree?" anything you ask wont be as bad as that so go for it. Also please note if I'm raiding I may not be able to respond but during breaks or after raid I definitely will answer your question.Waffles39 06 Aug
21 Feb [Information] Starter Account for returning players You will likely be aware by now that some changes have taken place in 6.1 for returning players that have frozen accounts. Some sites have named this a "Veteran Account" though it is not officially named such. I thought I would make a quick post to let you know what this is all about. If an account becomes frozen, i.e. player has unsubbed or is no longer adding game time, characters above level 20 will be locked out from play, theses characters will be marked as [Inactive] on the character selection screen. You can however create new characters which will have the mostly the same limitations as a starter account:- Can't play expansion-restricted content (new continents, etc). Can't exceed level 20, 10 gold, and 100 trade skill ranks. Can't participate in Pet Battles. Can't disable experience gains. Can't trade, mail, or use the Auction House. Can't use voice chat or Real ID. Can't use value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc). If you know starter accounts well, you will see that some of the restrictions of a starter account are not listed above. A player that has a full account but has no game time can play on a low level character but as opposed to having all the starter account restrictions, the following extra permissions have been granted:- Can join guilds their other characters are members of. Can whisper characters that are members of your current guild. Can use guild chat in addition to the say and party channels. You can also play any existing characters you have that are level 20 or below, but any trade skills that require over a skill level of 100 will not be available and if the character has more than 10g then that character will not earn any gold until they have spent enough to bring them back under 10g. Full information can be found in the updated support article found here:- https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faqShammoz41 21 Feb
1h Realm says its incompatable When i try to log in the realm list pops up and almost all of the realms are incompatableand i cant connect why ?Eletriik2 1h
1h Socialguild on the-maelstrom,LF ppl to join our guild:D Hello :) My btag is: Sweetblonde#2140, feel free to add if you want to join our guild: Eternally Condemned! :D (EU! The-Maelstrom, Deathwing, Karazhan and Lightning's Blade) A little about us: Me and my husband started this social guild the 21 of April 2014. We wanted to be sure we were surrounded by good people, so we interviewed every single member:P We just got back from a break from wow, and are looking for kind players who want a chill/casual-social guild to join. We do not interview ppl any more, as it took too much of of actual gameplay time, so we are basically auto inviting ppl who show interest :P We have discord, facebook, and a chat community currently with 80 active players(hopefylly increasing), whom we hope can be a platform to always find someone to play with even tho there are many guilds involved :) Our activity within the guild varies depending on date and time, but we have someone at almost all hours :) Another thing is we do not kick if you are having a wow break, maybe after 1 year, if we need space for new ppl :P Our goal is to have a toxic free environment! Hope that this advert will help us become a great place for new and old players! -Best Regards from Sweetblond :*Sweetblond0 1h
3h Turning off Allied player health bars? Is there a way to turn off allied player health bars above character models, without turning off the NPC ones? I play on Defias Brotherhood which used to be a PVP realm. I don't have this problem on the Chamber of Aspects which used to be a PVE realm.Xiung2 3h
3h Help with choosing main Hi, tomorrow I will start playing BFA but I didn't choose main yet. I will play PvE mostly. Some Mythic+ with friends, island expeditions and some raids later on. I like good single target damage but with some capabilities in aoe. I have narrowed my choice to 5 specs: retri pala, havoc dh, destro warlock and outlaw rogue, subtlety rogue. I like retri and I think they are better than in Legion but he was my main and I thought about trying something new. I love how havoc looks but I doesen't really like momentum and I know how other classes hate dh. I really like destro but I have heared that they are in bad shape right now and that you need to change specs to play effectively. I love old combat rogue and I can play outlaw but I hate roll the bones. I would have to play with slice and dice but I heared that it is tuned poorly right know. And last Is subtlety rogue. I like using stealth alot but I think that I liked legion version better and that BFA version will be to complicated for me. So could you help me choose my main till tomorrow ? I don't know what to do.Alnurin1 3h
5h Help- Legion,Boost to Lvl 100 Hey I'm just joining back after a break from playing, I did the previous upgrade and got the boost to lvl 100 on an alt Night Elf mage, however I cant find now what quest chain I should start with, please can someone help? I don't think I have started any of the quests chains prior to the last expansion in preparation for Legion, but I don't get any of the starter quests that I have seen in videos to start the Legion quest chains? What am I missing, am sure its simple and staring me in the face, but im loosing my marbles looking through website after website to try to find the answers Thanks :)Morgånå3 5h
5h Boosted 110 - Play through Legion? As the topic title says, I'm a returning player who would like to play through the legion content before bfa. How do I start the quest to do so on my boosted character?Alistus5 5h
6h How did gathering change? Returning player. I picked up herbalism on this boosted char and it's now at 1/75. I seem to be picking up Zandalar herbs just fine, however my skill doesn't go up. Does skill matter anymore? What am I missing? Thanks!Saloja1 6h
6h Boosted character artifact weapons patch 8.0.1.27326 Hi there, I opened this topic because I couldn't find fresh information on this. So I boosted my mage and jumped into the questline leading to the battle of Lordaeron. I finished it as it is so far. After I did my artifact weapon quest (I did pick which weapon I want to pursue before Battle for Lordaeon). Got my Ebonchill but I'm not able to upgrade it, what's more I can't start the other 2 quests. I know that those weapons become unusable because we save Azeroth with them but i wanted the transmog. :/ I would appreciate any advice or information on this topic.Aeowagh4 6h
6h Druid Legion Quest for Dungeons, in BFA Long winded title I know, and for some reason my forums account wont show my Druid I boosted to 110, BUT, I'm trying to do the 'Those Who Remember' Quest which takes me to loads of dungeons that I need to complete, but for some reason, I cant actually find those dungeons in my Group finder?? Is it because I'm a boosted character? Are they not those kind of dungeons? In my group finder I can only search for BFA dungeons Any help appreciatedBoopydoopydo1 6h
7h Level 110 boost I recently bought the game, as you can see on the left, and with it I got a level 110 boost. But that was before BFA, and the level cap is 120 now. Will it update or my boost will only be able to boost my characters to level 110? I looked in the store to see if mine is just an outdated version, but you can only buy 110. Is it normal or will there be an update?Cereallion2 7h
8h New player no idea what I'm doing Hi all, I signed up for the starter pack and enjoyed playing the game, got my Gnome Rogue to 20 and bought the full game plus sub. Used the token to put my gnome to max level, landed in Dalaran and now have no clue where I am, where I'm going and how to get there? For example I have a quest called "The Call for Allies" Meet King Wyrnn at the stormwind Embassy. I've no idea how to get to Stormwind from where I am, when I click on the quest, the map pops up and it shows me where it is, but when I go to "Eastern Isles" I cannot find it. Other than that, I don't know how to access my flying mount O_O don't think I've spoken to the trainer to get one, don't know where to find him. Does anyone have any good videos or guides to get me going? Thanks GJGnomejerome4 8h
8h Are Legion invasions still a thing? I am trying to finish the Broken shores questline, but part of that involves me participating in a legion invasion. I looked on a Legion Invasion timer website and it said one should be up between now and midnight, but I am not seeing anything on my map. Are they no longer a thing now that BFA is out, or is the timer site known to be inaccurate, or is it possibly an oversight on Blizz's part? Also, I feel like i've hit a dead end Legion story wise. When am I supposed to go to silithus, and when am I able to unlock void elves? I feel dumb asking all this, I took a break from WoW at the end of 2016 so I'm trying to play catch up....Meraii1 8h
10h Best dps PvP class Hello friends. I want to know what dps class and spec is going to be the best in BFA for dps PvP. I want something that can top charts and wreck face. I have no problem with following the meta for this one. I again want to be clarify that the main priority here is pvp. Your thoughts?Hyvi2 10h
11h In regards of Addons / Mods So I am checking streamers and there is not even one without addons which make party members health in coloured squares, bolded healthbars.. Is there a suggestion for some addons to start with ? Also, i see on some streams that even quest conversation windows aare changed, they are animated, feels much more "modern", are those addons or eventually through expansions that changes aswel ? I would appreciate some suggestions since me and wife are playing healer/tank and sometimes feels that better UI design would be more helpful. https://imgur.com/a/ODrOoS7 For example, healthbar, party health.. Most impressed are those animated quest windows though. Thanks for helping me here though !Viktorijars3 11h
11h Is storyline of Legion to bo accessed on level 111+? Hi, unfortunatelly I won't complete storyline of Legion before BfA. I've done all other zones, yet that time-consuming Warrior Class Campaign prevents me from passing to Champions of Legionfall (chapter 7/11) in Broken Shore. Is it possible to come back to this quest after reaching 111 level or will I be forced to do it on another character?Aristes7 11h
11h Returning, don't want to miss the best content Hello everyone. I have not played since early WotLK, but I'm returning for the new expansion. I want to start leveling from scratch and play through the best content in the game. The game has probably changed a lot and I want to enjoy it the best way possible without missing out on the best content from the last years. I'm probably starting a Pandaren character to experience the new areas, but i'm open to suggestions. I used to play a paladin, but I always liked dealing damage, so probably not playing that this time around. I have not decided on alliance or horde yet, but leaning a bit towards Horde. What are the best quests throughout the expansions that I should not miss? Lore quests (most important), cinematic quests, long questlines, unique and/or funny and/or interesting quests, quests with unique rewards etc. I don't want to miss out on these. I'm especially interested in in all expansions. What areas should I prioritize visiting? I'm guessing some are more interesting than others, and I could end up missing out on good areas. What dungeons should I visit while leveling up? Any other tips or recommendations? All suggestions are appreciated.Aierona6 11h
12h Which is the best warlock PvP spec? Hello friends. I want to know what dps spec is going to be the best in BFA for warlock. I want something that can top charts and wreck face. I have no problem with following the meta for this one. I again want to be clarify that the main priority here is pvp. Your thoughts?Hyvi4 12h
12h Warning for new and returning players about BFA Blizzard likes to advertise the new allied races and gives you the impression that you can go and play with them. Don't expect to hop on new character who is allied race if you haven't really played Legion. They expect you to grind weeks in the old Legion content in order to unlock these races. I guess that's a thing they expect you to check. Specially when I bought my BFA, the battle net launcher shop had no mentioning and still doesn't have any mentioning of this grind. My impression was that I pay 60€ and I unlock these things. That's not the case as I mentioned. This is false advertisement in it's best form. Maybe it will affect on your purchase plans so I wanted to warn you.Combomambo9 12h
12h Warrior/Rogue and Warlock duo Hello, I am a new player, and wanted to greet everyone and ask a few questions. Many thanks in advance for the feedback. First of all, I have been digging around the forum and was not able to find any relevant post, which would concern the above mentioned topic. If i have found something, it was either old or covered a different duo setup. Me and my friend started their adventure with WoW a few days ago. He wants to be a Troll Warlock (DPS oriented) and I want to be a Orc. Arms Warrior or Sub Rogue, cannot decide yet, but Orc definitely. Now I do realise, there are "better" races for specific classes, however this is not decisive for me (I am one of those persons, who likes to pick a race and a class, even if it means that some technical benefits will omit me) Because of this, I have following questions. 1. Will an Orc Arms Warrior or a Sub Rogue be a suitable duo with an Troll Warlock (DPS oriented) for PvE? 2. We mostly intend to play PvE, however I do know that PvP - while doing quests, or arenas etc. is unavoidable. Will such setup also be fine? PvP is also not excluded for future. 3. I am also aware that currently, the Arms Warrior is more of a glass cannon, and without a party healer, he can have a tough time. I can live with that. 4. The mobility, suitability and tricks of a Sub Rouge sound very attractive and tactical for me. Creeping around, getting ready for an ambush etc... Definitely something for me, however how will it affect the cooperation with my Troll Warlock friend? Is it not more of a solo approach? This is quite important, since you know... Arms Warrior seems to be pretty straight-forward. Rush in, and take down as many as you can. (I want also to add, that for now, the Fury Warrior does not interest me that much, although it seems to be "better") To sum up, it is more about feeling comfortable, while playing the classes/races we want, and being able to help each other as effectively as possible. Also, since I am the one who has not decided yet, want to tell that I am not afraid of rolling a rouge, after noticing that a Warrior is not for me. The point of this topic is to know your opinions, and provide some insight from your experiences guys, before I start to learn/rolling a new toon. Thank you very much for all the feedback, and wish you all a great day.Skarov3 12h
12h Turn off XP gain Where can I do this now? I can't find Behsten in Stormwind anymore =( For those wondering why: I have some unfinished Legion content that I don't want XP for, and I'd like to finish it before starting BFA content.Eladra3 12h
13h I'm noob, need leveling tips Hi, I have 10 hours of playtime and only got to lvl16, is this normal? Can I just sell to the vendors all the crafting ingredients that I find? Is it worth picking any professions? Is it ever worth buying weapons from NPCs or should I just equip stuff from quests/loot? I'm a Warrior and chose Fury as my specialization. Currently I'm dual wielding two 2 handed weapons. Is there any difference between picking axes, swords and maces? And what's difference between dual wielding two handed weapons and one handed weapons? ThanksRickywolf2 13h
15h How do I get to draenor!? [HORDE] So I've used my lvl 100 char boost yesterday and went exploring in azaroth, however now I think its time to go explore draenor however I cant seem to find the way to get there ... On youtube people are going through portals which I dont see ... Please help :')Goldfarmxd22 15h
15h Returning for BfA after using 110 boost Hi guys, So I boosted my new Blood Elf Mage to 110, 5 minutes before BfA went live. Should I have used the boost after BfA? Is the boost process identical or did I miss out on anything (quests, gear, etc.)? I got a few quests, one of which was removed when I relogged after BfA. What should the next steps be for a "BfA" oriented progression and if there's anything else class / gear wise, that I should take care of before heading to Silithus. Attached are screenshots of its current C window and Quest Log: http://prntscr.com/kifj17 http://prntscr.com/kifjco I also had The Hand of Fate quest which I abandoned, thinking it was strictly for the Legion story (hopefully) Let me know your suggestions, I want the character to be "BfA ready" with all the bells and whistles, and to skip as many previous content / Legion quest lines that are not essential to class / gear progression. Thank you!Felnoxia1 15h
1d "PvP-servers" Hello I am a returning player after a long time - who might start again with BfA i just really had one question. When i logged in to my account and saw the servers i got confused when i saw the "PvP servers" was gone. What happened and when did it happen? just curious.Totemdyret2 1d
1d Which Class Should I Choose? Hello everyone. I know this question could be a little bit subjective, but I've just started to play WoW in my life and need some help to choose which class to play. I'm a hardcore MMORPG player, so, playing a difficult class wouldn't be a problem. But in my case, I don't want to pay again for subscription and I'm playing solo. So, I'll try to grind/farm gold by myself and not quite sure, which class can achieve grinding 300k gold per month, solo. And my another problem is, levelling. Any idea how much time would it take me to level a class from 1 to level enough to grind gold? Wan't to hear some opinions. Thanks!Mewandir5 1d
1d Returning player from WoD, where do I start? Hi guys, I've played wow on and off for a few years BUT totally skipped Legion. I'm going to give BfA a go but I'm not sure if it would be beneficial for me to: 1. Start a complete new toon and redo everything 1 - 110 2. Start a demon hunter and grind through Legion (definitely want to try demon hunter at some point soon) 3. Boost a toon and just get stuck into BfA asap Or anything else you guys suggest? I'm not particularly bothered about missing Legion content but don't want to miss anything that would affect my play in BfA if that makes sense? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated <3 P.s 1st ever post on forums so hope I've done this correctly.Tahm3 1d
1d I didnt get all of the 210 gear from WQ's My current item level is 206 is that gonna be enough? Im kinda worrired about that.Eletriik3 1d
1d Can I Delay Pre BfA Content? Hi fellas, I returned to Azeroth after big delay. I enjoy lore the most even bought new book Before the storm. I also enjoy quests. I had to start new character, always wanted to play as Monk Healer, and I picked new option to start from 100 (I already experienced older content, all prior to Mists of Pandaria). Than I got this epic stuff with bell and it was amazing to fight demons in Pandaria and save all this children. But after this I’ve been told to buy BfA so I can continue. Which I’ve done. And now I’m told to travel to Argus and to finish Legion, many new quests. I guess I can skip broken isles for now, fine. So I started doing quests on Argus, it’s very fun and I like new bosses which you can create party straight from the quests list. So my problem is that BfA is coming which I don’t want to start yet. I want to do it chronologically: The Argus campaign The Antorus raid The Illidan soul crystal quest The short Silithus questline that lays the groundwork for BfA Pre-patch missions (Siege of Lordaeron) My problem is I see this pre launch events coming up, the siege and attack on Teldrassil (thanks for spoiling this internet). Should I jump to the Siege right now before BfA starts? I read somewhere it’s going to be delited.Loreon4 1d
1d Whoopsies! I climbed a zeppelin tower in Valley of Strength, Orgrimmar, and clicked on a little cogwheel, only to get the loading screen and end up in 'Magic Quarter, Undercity' by giant steps I can barely climb. The portal at the bottom says I have to be level 50 to use it. Obviously I can get back with my hearthstone, but how do you think I ended up in this l50 zone so I can avoid this mistake in the future? Ty so much.Mandery5 1d
1d Can't decide class Looking for peoples opinions. So I've narrowed it down to DK, DH or Hunter. How would you rank these for dps classes? and DK vs DH for tanking? I like all 3Trammp0 1d
1d quests while in raid Any reasonable explanation from blizzard why i cant do quests while in raid group?Ficey2 1d
1d buy bfa or wait ? Is it worth me buying bfa being a new player or waiting to max a character first then upgrade ?Pandabooy4 1d
1d New player completely lost. Hi Everyone, I started playing WoW a week ago because Destiny 2 keeps getting worse and worse, and Warframe became boring. My adventure started with a Hunter in Eversong Woods (Eastern Kingdoms). I wanted to level up fast, so I accepted evey Quest on the way. I kept playing until I did all the quests available in the zone then moved forward. Currently I'm at Tristful Glades and I'm already sick and tired. There are no interesting missions at all. "Go kill 10 dudes. Go collect 10 items. Go speak to this guy." There also seem to be special missions called "Adventures", picking one up lead me to a different continent/island (that I don't know how to get to, or if I even should!). At this point I'm completely lost. I'd love to keep going, because supposedly, this game has some great end-game content and dungeons (which are super fun by the way). It's just so boring having to do the same activites over and over for such a long time. I heard that some of the old zones are "outdated" and that new players should leave them as fast as they can, but all I have in front of me, is an enormous map, with no objectives or information on what to do, leaving me completely clueless. Could someone give me some advice on where I should actually start, where I should head to? Should I keep picking up those repetitive quests? Should I go through each zone one after another?Ashacin20 1d
1d Which Class to get solo Hello everybody, Unfortunately I'm traveling alone so I would like to see the current instances from the inside. Which class is suitable for solo playing after the patch? By that I mean if there is any class that creates current instances. Of course, I am in the normal mode. DH does not seem to manage to heal up so well at the moment, as far as I've read. Would be great if you could help me :) PS: sry for my bad english ^^Fabíenne2 1d
1d How to get to Un Goro' ? Hey guys! Any ideas on how to get from SW/Rutheran Village/any of the important places :) to Un' Goro Crater? I haven't discovered Tanaris or Silithus so it's pretty imossible to get to a flight master that could get me close, the closest flight master I have is in Thousand Needles or in Tower Of Estulan (near Dire Maul). Could somebody help me? It's my first ,,big'' character (I know I'm not even a high level) and I'm still learning.Kattarraa6 1d
1d Possible returning player, few questions Greetings, I stopped playing WoW sometime during Mists of Pandaria, now i'm thinking about returning, but I want to clear some things up first. First, as I understand there was some significant world changes recently (Teldrasil burning and Undercity under siege?). Are those changes phased or 'locked' a-la Cataclysm? Basically I want to know if I will be able to play through storylines I missed (finish Pandaria - Draenor - Legion)? Second, these days I mostly play games to enjoy story and just relax. I'm not aiming for raids/pvp. Is this still an option? How much of story content is locked behind raids these days? Behind grinding reputation/daily quests? Can the game be played and enjoyed as mostly solo casual player? (yeah yeah, I'm filthy casual, I know :P) Dungeon finder was starting to feel a bit toxic around the time I left or was it just my bad luck? And finally, if I do decide to return... any major overhauls of warlock play-style since Pandaria? :)Saimol5 1d
2d BfA pre-purchase or wait Hello, I'm just wondering if, given that the prepatch is coming to an end, its better to prepurchase now or wait for the retail upgrade tomorrow. Couldnt find any info about it, dont expect a price drop but maybe there is some other goodies included. Thoughts?Sunsha18C5D02 2d
2d Not played since WOTLK So hello the to WoW community! I haven’t played since the litchking expansion, now BFA really had me going and I’ve just purchased the collectors addition which comes with a lovely boost to 110, but I have a few questions, I’ll be boosting a new room which will more then likely be a fury warrior, there’s so much I need to learn as from what I’ve been reading so so so much has changed in WoW since I last step foots in Azeroth! Is there any pros, cons, tips before using this boost? Is there anything I need to do before boosting my char? Some people say make a trial to 100 then boost because you get perks etc etc, this is all so confusing me :( can someone just clarify or should I just go ahead make a new toon use the boost and get stuck in? Also I now see addons are pretty much redundant and everyone is using scripts now :S if someone could point me in the right direction to a basic rotation script for a fury warrior that would be awsome to! Would really appreciate some help guys and gals, thank you!Deannaa4 2d
2d Pandaria or pass Hello, im rather new and thats why I wanted to do all the older content quickly with my demon hunter who started with lvl 100, I recently got to Pandaria and I dont know maybe it will get better but so far it doesnt really click with me, so my question is, how is in your opinion story and open world in MoP? should I try to keep going, will it get better or should I just skip to WoD and than to legion?Zarathul7 2d
2d Class to learn pvp with? Hi, I return to wow, but only for the pvp. I never really played that much pvp just some bg and a little arena. But now i wanna learn it abit more, so i have a question for you guys. my class, what is the easiest to learn pvp. i where thinking of playing my feral or bm hunter, as its the to spec i played the most. But what do you think should be the best option for me, so i kan do decent in pvp and learn all the pvp aspect.? I could also be any other class/spec Hope you wanna help me a bit. and sorry for my bad english :(Zypz1 2d
2d Allied Races? Hello, I have tried to do some research myself into the new allied races but all that keeps coming up is old information. Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how you unlock the allied races? Thanks in advance!Badgêr1 2d
2d can't find guild in guild browser I created a guild. Then I wanted to invite a twink into the guild. I was searching with the twink in the guild browser, but can't find it, even some days later. That the browser has an insanely huge list of guilds, that is not ordered in any understandable way and has absolutely zero search or filter function doesn't help. I don't want to spend more hours digging through the list when my guild might not even be in there. Anybody got any advice? Thanks.Gutarg3 2d
2d Faction choosing crisis Just when I thought that my final choice of race and class into BfA will be Highmountain Tauren Hunter, my opinion suddenly changed again. There is only one day to choose the main faction and class I will be playing in BfA that I will also be boosting and I still haven't chosen. I am really desperate as of right now and need any advice I can get to choose the right side. I feel like both sides are perfectly balanced for me but I need to choose only one, atleast for the beginning of BfA. I can really appreciate visual and auditory side of things and Alliance always had those but Horde gives me those skin chilling feelings. In the past I have always had better relationship with Horde players, yet Alliance managed to change my opinion in less than one month. I like the crazy looks of Horde races but Alliance has more calm and sort of eye candy feeling about them. As I am typing this I feel like I should go with Alliance but who knows what I might think tomorrow. Any sort of tips, advices or opinions would be greatly appreciated.Archatram2 2d
2d BFA sub If i buy a sub for wow, will i get bfa with it or will i have to pay for the expansion separately when it is released?Fulula2 2d
2d BfA Classes I have not played in a while and have not kept up to date with updates regarding BfA. If I purchase the expansion, will I be able to play the new classes on the 14th, if I were to start again? Or are there a number of pre-requisites that I have to complete before playing them?Arcanfireyou1 2d