Professions

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
15 Oct Alchemy Items Adjustments - Oct. 2 We deployed a hotfix overnight making some adjustments to some Alchemy items: The ratio of ingredients for Battle Potions of Agility has been adjusted so that the demand for Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud are more closely aligned in the long term. The costs of creating Potions of Rising Death and Potions of Bursting Blood have been reduced. Since these potions have non-stat effects, it has been difficult to judge whether or not you should use them instead of stat potions. In practice, both contribute a similar amount of damage, but these potions are more constrained, since they are direct damage. We’re reducing their costs to make the decision of whether to use them or not more of a question of economics, rather than a question of straight throughput. The goal is for these potions to provide most of the effectiveness of a Battle Potion, at a lower cost. To complement these changes, we're reducing the minimum range required for the Potion of Rising Death’s damage effect to reach full value. It will now be a 20-yard range (it was 30 yards). In the next major content patch, Tides of Vengeance, we’re going to update the Potion of Rising Death tooltip to read “damaging ranged abilities” instead of “ranged attacks”, to make it more clear this potion is functional for casters. These hotfixes are documented in our hotfixes blog post.Aerythlea3 15 Oct
15 Nov Idea to make crafting professions endgame relevant What if professions could use an Item they already have, some crafting materials, and reforge the Item into a profession Item, keeping the ilvl of it? Example for Blacksmith: The Blacksmith finds a Shield in a Raid, ilvl 370, Which, like all Items, gives Stats and maybe has an effect. Now he goes to a Forge ingame and uses the new Reforge Anvil, which allows him to select the Shield he wants to change, and the blueprints he wants to use for it, to create a Blacksmith exclusive Shield of the same ilvl, which has an ability fitting the profession. (For example you get an extra spell which allows you to pour molten metal over the enemies for some damage and a short root/Disable effect) Doing it that way would solve one of the biggest complains I hear from raiders, that being able to make raid tier equipment with professions would make Raids useless, and it would still allow Professions to create great Items. Plus we could really get some nice profession related abilities back. Remember in Vanilla, when engineers could make a trinket that summoned a mechanical Dragon to fight for them? Wouldnt it be cool if they could do stuff like that again, just this time they can actually keep the item to lategame? It would give developers more reason to actually make interesting stuff for Professions, because they would actually be used in the game.Xemeron2 15 Nov
14 Nov Crafting and alts for noobs I only started the game a few days ago and seeing nothing but complaining threads about crafting when trying to look for ACTUAL information about how everything works. All I can work out is BFA changed loads of things in crafting so 90% of info I find is wrong and outdated plus loads of players are annoyed and hate the changes. Also that crafting is pointless and better to just skip it all together and buy everything off the AH? I am really lost with all this after spending 1-2 days looking around for information. I have taken herb / mining on my DK while levelling and learning the game, I think I understand you can not change professions once chosen without losing everything you gained so you have to make alt characters for other professions. I don't understand the banking system in this game compared to other games, you have to mail everything and log to alts or something, can not share bank between characters or alliances or something? It's all very confusing, I am used to being able to share everything on one account between all characters in other games. I did buy the reagents bank for 100 gold though, is that shared? So my idea was to make another Horde character and give it tailoring for crafting bags on my main and bank throwing them all my stuff dropped/farmed from my main, then maybe potion maker or food maker as my next two professions to throw all my herbs / food stuff to the alt from my main, to make food or potions for my main? Any help is appreciated, trying to get my head all around this is giving me a headache, what's worse is seems every expansion has drastically changed crafting not bit by bit but huge changes, so half the information out there is old and not relevant or actually harmful to new players starting with professions. Thanks.Troneon0 14 Nov
14 Nov Ah bot ranting Even though I reported him, no action taken yet. There is a guy online 0-24, selling darkmoon decks on EU - Ravencrest, XXXXbank toon. Reposting his items with undercuts of 5% in every damn minute. This is freaking crazy. Has anyone heard anything about these guys taken care of? Any botter banned in the last few weeks? Or do we have to simply live with them?Seventhseal12 14 Nov
14 Nov Multiboxing ruining AH economy For the past 2-3 weeks I've been looking at how the AH herb prices have been slowly but surely dropping in price with a lot of people posting stacks of 200 out of nowhere and for herbs that take quite a bit of time to collect. I initially thought that it's just the normal auction sniping bs but lo' and behold, this guy with 10+ accounts shows up and starts collecting everything around. It's not hard to imagine then, just how much damage a person like that can do to a realm's economy with the sheer amount of herbs that they can collect in one hour and that can easily afford to undercut everyone else and set their own prices because for him 1hr of work is 10+hours for us. Multiboxing has been a hot topic for quite a while now and I understand that it's just more $$$ for Blizz, but this is negatively affecting players and there's no doubt in my mind that there's many others multiboxing and messing AH's left and right. This game has enough issues as is and surely something can be done about it.Mischif10 14 Nov
14 Nov Professions, what are they to you? I made a pretty long vent post and it seems it wasn't posted(Good i gues!). Plain and simple, what are professions to you?what would you like to see in the future, and how do you feel about the current profession design? Me Professions right now feel rushed, and shallow. Mining for example, used to smelt ores and elemental essences to create stronger iron. Enchanters could enchant leather, which leatherworkers could use to craft with. I have so many good memories of crafting in TBC/Wotlk, it had great depth. And i feel like Crafting was a missed opportunity in BFA, as there is an increadibly powerful substance(Azerite) which we could use to craft weapons and armor. Having an azerite forge, or just using azerite in general to craft would have added to the fantasy. Sanguicell, Expulsom and Hydrocore feels more like it was implemented for content purposes to give professions "something", instead they could(should) have done it more according to fantasy and RPG. Lazily designed, no depth. That's it for me, i just wish they put more effort in to professions. Tools of the trade is nice, but i truly hope they add more than just that(Time will tell).Cheers, thanks for reading.Nozamy11 14 Nov
14 Nov Why did you murder the professions Blizz? Hey Blizz, Took a break from WoW for a bit and this appears to be like the 3rd expansion is a row where professions are utter useless. With the exception of Alchemy + Herbalism. As inscriber, enchanter, blacksmith or whatever you chose, you are totally worthless. Noone needs your services. Why did you murder and eradicate all professions and when will you revive them?? It's sooo sooo sad what you did. Bring back the massive amounts of enchants we could put on gears and bring back gems. That way we actually had a profession to make money with instead of chasing !@#$ty (can I say that?!) World Quests or even more dumber Garrison missions. The only garrison we enjoy is mister Garrison. But hey! thanks for killing one of the most unique selling points of this game. What will you kill next?Holybud18 14 Nov
13 Nov Professions Improvement Suggestion Remember when we had passive bonuses for gathering professions? What I am thinking is putting that back in but for crafting profs too! My idea is 1% or so bonuses coming in 2 tiers first bonus activate once you are 70~ % to max of current expac prof u get the first 1% and once you get max and gather certain ammount of mats / craft items you get 1 more %, but for crafting ones u can choose what stat u want for tier 2 for it being harder and expensive. Numbers are fictional, but i think this could make profs relevant againDreallidar4 13 Nov
13 Nov New proffession stuff in 8.1 https://www.wowhead.com/news=288372/whats-coming-in-world-of-warcraft-patch-8-1-5#profession-questlines-profession-items Profession Questlines & Profession Items New Tools of the Trade questlines will provide profession users will a special item that they can use. We've summarized the items below, see the screenshot for the specific wording. Blacksmithing: Repairs Armor to full durability (1 hr cooldown) and when crafting using Blacksmithing, the armor or weapon can add the Indestructible property. Alchemy: You can transmute the sphere into another object for one hour. Allows use of cauldrons in the world. Inscription: Siphons blood from nearby corpses, healing you. Allows for creation of Blood contracts. Enchanting: Use 1 Veiled Crystal to animate an inert golem. Gain extra resources when disenchanting. Engineering: Summons an Ub3r to assist you for 20 seconds (5 min cooldown). Enbales the engineer to construct Ub3r-constructs. Jewelcrafting: Unsocket Gems in gear. Interact with shrines in the world. Leatherworking: Summons a special mount. Can interact with drums in the world, granting a buff for 1 hour. Tailoring: Can mend tears in the fabric of time. Cloth displaced in time can be found more often. So here is the missing Khazgorian hammer. I will be quite interested in seeing what the alchemy sphere does. Always lovely to get more DE mats from enchanting The Jewelcrafting one is amazing, ability to unsocket gems, as well to gain gems from shrines. The text in the screenshot says focusing light into the shrines to create a geode of gems.Kamazh3 13 Nov
13 Nov Monel-Hardened Stirrups buff removed in BG's in Legion we had the Demonsteel stirrups, at the start that buff got removed when using a flightpath, going to town, or in any other way leave any broken isle zones. now this got fixed, instead of losing the buff, it would deactivate. new xpac, new stirrups. these stirrups work the exact same way as patched Legion stirrups except for BG's. i really hope this is not intended, and i hope this can be fixed. this thread is for awareness, and yes i have posted a bugreport!Heramisa2 13 Nov
12 Nov cheapest/quickest way to level up engineering? mainly for glider/nitro boosts. Roughly how much will it cost?Jirion1 12 Nov
12 Nov Hydrocore, need suggestions Hello everyone, my question is simple. How can i make gold with hydrocore? I have herbalism and enchanting professions. I just dont know what to do with hydrocore's and sanguincells but mostly with hydrocore. What do you guys suggest me to do ?Euphoriâ0 12 Nov
12 Nov Is anyone getting Engineering WQ's ? I had 1 or 2 in first week or so, but nothing since so still missing level 3 of quite a few of the engineering plans. Checking every day, had some for other professions but not seen any for Engineering in weeks. Anyone else?Minizip8 12 Nov
12 Nov Herbalism (and mining) vs fishing Ok, I got 2 hours to farm and get some gold. With TODAY'S prices, which of the above mentioned ways is more profitable? Wandering around and gather herbs and minerals (by avoiding any fight if possible) or, just sit in a place and fish the most expensive fish? Please provide numbers and estimates if possible, thank you.Krinidon1 12 Nov
12 Nov Are tailors get more cloth loot? I remember tailors had a passive from WotLK (that also worked on next expansions too) and they could loot more cloth than people who dont have the profession.. Does that still exist? I cant seem to find the passive trait for it.. And if it still exists, which expansions affect? ThanksKristen1 12 Nov
10 Nov Archaeology profession stuck! I'm new to the game, been playing just a month. I decided to kill some time digging up sites in Kalimdor since I got the Loremaster of Kalimdor achievement. When I got the skill, the trainer didn't say much except that you dig to find artifacts. I dug 2 sites in the Southern Kingdoms and several in Kalimdor. I can't pick up any more fragments as I have reached the max of 200 items. I can't find those items anywhere in my bags! The professions tab tells me nothing. The page where it tells you how many artifacts you completed is blank. I searched the forums and nobody seems to explain it in any way. People talk of picking up a Keystone or buying one from auction house. I have been to 6 auction houses across Azeroth and none sells any Keystones. So now I am stuck with no idea how to proceed. No idea who to talk to in game, where to go specifically or anything. The help section is useless with this and google is even more vague. Any help would be appreciated.Rexanima2 10 Nov
08 Nov My Wishes for Proffessions 1. Mass Crafting We have mass milling, Now I need a way of quickly making those thousands of pigments into inks. As it is now whenever I want to make 200 Vantus Runes. It takes me 2-3 hours milling and crafting the required inks for that, and on top of that I have 5k+ Ultramarine inks that I have totally given up on crafting into inks. 2. Sanguicell/Hydrocore Vendor Some professions have no use for Sanguicell, and very little use for Hydrocore. Therefore putting in a vendor like we have the "Blood of Sargeras" vendor in Dalaran would make my life easier.Tussee1 08 Nov
05 Nov BFA archaeology (Kul Tiran) I've been digging for the past two hours over 15 locations and haven't received a +1 skill up over 930/950 skill I've already assembled several pristine and all of the rare artifacts the fragments are green quality now, meaning less chance of giving skill up but instead of a steady pace, with some slowing down as skill increases, the skill up process has come to an almost full halt trying to complete it for an achievement now but it has just become frustrating with the RNG involved, and would be no problem if fragments got changed to yellow all the way up to max skill, since there is no real benefit to the player if the skill is higher, like with other professionsSweetzoejane2 05 Nov
04 Nov Archaeology and phasing In BfA, just like in other expansions, you can collect and display Pristine items. It's only a shame that you cannot show these off to other people like you could do in WoD. When inviting someone to check out my collection, she said that there was nothing for her there. Leading me to think that it's only phased to the player. I'd like it if it were phased to the group/raid leader's perspective instead.Gemenia0 04 Nov
02 Nov Enchanted Thorium Breastplate Hello! As the title suggests, I am looking for a Blacksmith who's able to craft this old Vanilla item for me. Preferably on Stormscale, but might also be able to arrange some deal in Ravencrest or Al'Akir. I will leave my tag below so we can later discuss the price etc. Hollowinside#2360Hollowinside2 02 Nov
02 Nov Underlight Angler Fishing Pole Legion Need Help Im New Hi guys i'm new in WoW i start play before BFA patch when i leveling my character BFA come my question is Underlight Angler Legion Fishing pole how can i get it i not see soon explain or something.The explain is in old videos 2016/2017 i not see anywhere info after BFA i know only the fishing pole is locked by the after BFA because is a Artifact.Anyone can help me and explain me what need to to do to get the this fishing Underlight angler i'm now with Ka'luk fishin poleTayrun1 02 Nov
02 Nov Sanguicell - is this a joke? Sometime I don't get it, I mean really, doesn't blizzard have people that test this kind of stuff or just puts items into game, gives them to you and doesn't give you option to use them? I don't get it, as an enchnanter/herbalist i simply don't have any use for this, same as many other professions, but Blizzard still decided that this is good idea to give you as a reward for killing a boss with a 100% chance drop? I mean what the hell!?! Professions in BfA are pathetic and I have a feeling that Blizzard just ignored them completely, we had more items to make/craft in vanilla with few lvls into profession than we have now maxed out. I would really love to hear from blue post whats the reason to give you a useless item ( well we can sell it for amazing 1g ), even if its something that they tell in 99% of the time " we like it how it is ".Dragonnes7 02 Nov
01 Nov Profession choice for alt Hello guys, So I have a main account which has mining and herbalism now i'm playing my alt and I want to ask what profession to take on alt to make good money, thanks.Kiausinisxd2 01 Nov
01 Nov We have mass milling, where's mass prospecting? Inscription is able to mill 20 herbs at a time, continually, without input. Jewelcrafting, on the other hand, has to manually click (or use a macro) to prospect 5 ores at a time. No automation possible. What gives? These two things are fundamentally the same, and yet one of them is deprived of a huge quality of life feature for seemingly no reason. This seems like a complete oversight. Where's mass prospecting?Keiji0 01 Nov
30 Oct Disappearing herbs. Oh look! A Herb, Anchor weed! You can see it.. you go to it.. there is no one there. Before you click - it disappears. Happened way too many times. Are these things made like that in mind just to slow you down so you can pay more money for subscription?Gudman6 30 Oct
30 Oct Engeneering issue Hello , the new profession system has one major flaw in it. I know leveling professions are not much use while not at bfa, but engeneering enchamts bring leveling easier. The issue - northrend engeneering tinkers require outland engeneering at 50 for you to be able yo use them.Dziednieks1 30 Oct
30 Oct Enchanting leveling macro. This is a little adaptation to other popular enchanting macro's, but made it easier to use without having to manually enter in which item you want to enchant, and it also gets rid of the annoying popup confirmation box. /cast enchanting /cast enchanting /script DoTradeSkill(GetTradeSkillSelectionIndex()); /run GetMouseFocus():Click() /script ReplaceEnchant() /click StaticPopup1Button1 Open enchant window and select the enchant you wish to use. Hover over the item you wish to enchant with your mouse (in your bags, a vellum, or in your equipment slot). Use the macro above while still hovering over the item, and it will start enchanting that item. Important: You must have this macro keybinded because moving the mouse away from the item you want to enchant will break the macro. Bonus: Once you have done this you can use this macro multiple times, and it will start enchanting the same item again without having to keep your mouse hovered over. Enjoy!Teacher19 30 Oct
30 Oct Engineering 110 - no goggles So I finally got my engineering to 110 but sadface --- Layla doesn't want to teach me the schematic for goggles. It's not in the training tab and there's no recipe in the shop tab. To add insult I got the Horrific Amalgam's Hood (ilvl 355) from a world quest. The hood is an amazing upgrade from an ilvl 310 dungeon item. And it turns the goggles to garbage before I ever got to make them. So, at level 110 no goggles. Layla doesn't want to teach. And they're outdated already.Megatokyo3 30 Oct
29 Oct Cooking/bartending? Hello i was just wondering if it would be possible to be able to make a good drink/soep that instead of 180k health and 80 mana would restore 180k mana and 80 health, like a light meal so no buf but just something to restore mana fast in a dungeon instead of having to buy them or rely on a mage for food to restore mana ASAP. thank you and have anice dayXalistar2 29 Oct
28 Oct Engineering tinkers Hey, So I've made a new char recently (it's 79 atm) and i've decided to go engineer. I decided to go engineering for the cool things about this profession. I learnt the normal engineering and then the cata engineering and went up to 55 to try to unlock the cata tinkers but unfortunately i didnt unlock any. Here are the 4 tinkers i'm talking about : https://www.wowhead.com/spell=84425/cardboard-assassin https://www.wowhead.com/spell=82200/spinal-healing-injector https://www.wowhead.com/spell=84424/invisibility-field https://www.wowhead.com/spell=84427/grounded-plasma-shield In the comments some indicate they unlocked the recipe after crafting 1 or 2 electrified ether, however i've crafted about 100 (and loads of other things from cata engineering) and still havent managed to unlock it. Do I need to do anything in particular to unlock them? Was just wondering if it's still possible to get them since the new system with bfa professions. I've lost a lot of gold so far so would appreciate any kind of help.Kalimbo2 28 Oct
27 Oct Sanguicell Are there any plans for Sanguicell being useful for alchemy and other professions that it's curently useless for ? I know cooking will have a use for them with the sanguinated feast that comes with patch 8.1, but it is hardly going to be something that sorts the amount you're getting, I am currently stockpiling a insane amount that will be used at making about 3000 ~ feasts or about 13k ~ expulsom(given that is going to take about 7 years ~ to happen) In legion we saw blood of sargeras and primal sargerite vendors, is that something we'll be likely to see for sanguicell and other crafting reagents in the future of BFA? The option that lets you get any use of this reagent at this point, is unlearning a profession and pickup one that currently uses them. o/Stirke4 27 Oct
27 Oct Herbalism I decided for the last 2-3 days to go farm herbs so I can get more Anchor Weed. Go to the Drustvar route and the Voldun route every 1-2 hours. Everytime I go there, it's being MAJORLY farmed. Like, seriously, in every expansion up until this one, there has always been that 1-2 hours of a day where farming the best spots were possible with no competition, but it's so difficult now, as there doesn't seem to be ANY time that farming those spots are good (These are the 2 best spots to farm for Anchor Weed). It's either that there's more Herbalists in this expansion than all other expansions, or something dodgy is going on. I've already seen tons of Multi-boxers (Which I see as cheating, but Blizzard don't care cause they get enough money from it), but I've not noticed anyone botting. But, that doesn't mean there aren't any bots, and that's what it feels like. That tons of bots are in the game at the moment. It is currently 3:56am here, I started farming at 3am (4am server time), and doing the Winters Kiss route, I got 100-150 in that time (Usually you get about 200 each time around, which takes around 3-5 minutes), and I got this in 20 minutes. In the Akunda's Bite route, I got about 100-150 in about 20-25 minutes (Usually get about 150-200 each time around, which takes aroun 5-7 minutes, depending on your route). So, I got so much less than I usually get, but in a much longer period than it usually takes. I also only got 15 in Anchor Weed in the Winters Kiss farm and 20 in the Akunda's bite. There MUST be something going on here :-/.Worfykins1 27 Oct
27 Oct Quick TSM Help Hi all, I’m new to TSM but after a bit of help. I used to use different AH Addons but finally made the switch. So I have a few, most probably simple newbie questions. A) regarding min/max/normal prices. What are the definitions of these? I usually just want to sell below the price of the cheapest person. I don’t know what these prices actually mean in reality, or how I should differ my sale price for them. B) in relation to above, I decided I’m happy to sell the stuff I want to sell at 90% of the minimum buyout currently on the auction. So I set the price as 0.9*dbminbuyout. This works. However, as I don’t understand the pricing options in part A, I used this string in all three fields. What should I change it too? C) This is probably the most important point for me right now. I’ll give a real world example. I had 20 spirit of harmony’s. The ah had a load listed at 243g. I listed 10 using my operation, and set 10 for 220g each. I’m happy with this, as I don’t want to hoard stuff. My issue is, with the remaining ten I wanted to sell in 2 stacks of 5. How do I do this from the same operation and same group? I can't find a quick and easy way to change the quantity per stack that I want to sell.Azmodani0 27 Oct
26 Oct Choosing Profession Hey, i just got back to WoW with BFA and started raiding..working my way up back. Did Hardcoreraiding last in WOTLK (German top 10) Aslong as i see, there are not anymore really usefull Perks for raiding? I play Hunter, and have some alts. What Professions should i choose? I saw most Raiders on the Top have LW&Ingi. Why? Because of the craftable? I mean a already have better Gear than what they give atm..?! Secondaryquestion: In which Professions should i invest my Explosum?/on which char should i scratch everything?Stygg5 26 Oct
26 Oct Engineering stuck at lvl1 after lvl 100boost So towards the end of WoD i used my lvl 100 boost on a hunter without first leveling him to lvl 60 first, and after that i never really played him. My professions are mining and engineering and of course weren't boosted with the boost. Does this mean that i have to farm low level mining and engineering to be able to finally do legion and bfa engineering or is there another way to do this.Sandario1 26 Oct
26 Oct Ideas to make secondary professions more interesting Hello, I would like to share some suggestions about secondary professions here. It seems we have an amazing big world but without any need for exploration. I’m trying to find the way how it could potentially work to give players taste for world exploration again. Archeology: Now you have red circle on a map and all you have to do is grind all zone with archeology for some weird marks. I do not how the rest of the players, but I do not feel this like something I want to do in game and enjoy doing that. I think it would be nice to have simple sketch in backpack with marked spot in some location like “there is a tower seems familiar … wait a minute .. it’s a part of black rook hold .. I’ve been there before” and then we would find that red mark and use archeology spell to find where exactly treasure is. There would not be that grinding anymore, you could just find your treasure containing various things -from pets, “actually real players housing furniture”, pieces to put together some mount eventually, new recipes for cooking, toys, pieces of interesting xmogs, etc. but NOT any gear. Where would you find those sketches you may ask. It’s simple – in a world, little random chance for drop in outside world. Would it be tradable you may ask – of course – you can trade all sketches in auction house and make some golds. Now I would give you some conclusion about this. I believe this is perfect example of cross expansion persistent content what is not hard to implement. Ye of course it will be annoying for developers to make hundreds of sketches and link ingame coords to it, but it would be just annoying, not hard to make and I would deliver some new experience to players and hopefully enjoyable experience to players. Cooking: Now we have few recipes and we have to farm exact things to complement recipes. I would keep all recipes we currently have and way how to get them, but I would like to bring some experimentation to it. What about adding feature where you can throw into some cooking interface 3 ingredients and cook it. Imagine you are in outside world and you are not spec with heal and you need to get some HPs. You will take a look into your backpack and found you have almost one stack of wolf meat, some potatoes and eggs – unfortunately you have not recipe for cooking this stuff, so you would just throw stuff you have into pot and see what happens – you may cook some disgusting blob what will just fill you HP a bit but it would give to you 15m vomiting debuff or you would cook something eatable filling you healthbar quickly without debuff or something delicious what could give to you some nice buffs like 5% haste or something or if you will catch ingredients in specific order you can discover new recipe and learn it. I believe this is not hard to implement at all and it would give to player option to make food from ingredients he has and opportunity to experiment a bit. Fishing: I’m struggling there – no idea. So what do you think ? Any other Ideas?Nölight2 26 Oct
26 Oct Problems with fishing and cooking Not getting levels on some characters when fishing and cooking, handing in quests daily cooking and fishing quests no levels gained on hand in. While fishing not getting levelling?Tignus3 26 Oct
26 Oct 'Create all' button is bugged/broken So I tried pushing the create all for inscription and after 4-6 times it just resets itself. I try to click more than one on just create and it keeps going back to 1 1 1 1 1 1 every time. Anyone else who has this? It's the same with scrapping.Krechon6 26 Oct
24 Oct Alchemy in BfA Hey! So I have the common herbalism/aclhemy combo for my professions i BfA and I have alot of issues with the desgin of alchemy especially. I was wondering if others think the same. First of all the green alchemy trincket for level 111 requires expulsom to craft, so I was never able to get it while leveling. Which again seems unfair since my alt shaman with LW got full 225+ gear and weapons instantly after dinging 111 all crafted. Where is my advantage as an alchemist? Secondly the 120 alchemy trincket is so bad at ilvl 300 that also was never worth crafting since I got heroic / WQ trinckets instantly after getting max level that were alot better. Third, at max level I am stockpiling expulsom like crazy and I have nothing worth while to use it on. It almost feels like I have to unlearn herbalism and get another crafting profession to get any use of the expulsom I can transmute... The entire profession just feels badly designed to me atleast.Meadows9 24 Oct
23 Oct Archaeology in BfA I think its about time someone asked the question if Arch is currently broken or not? Currently, completing a project does NOT give you ANY skill-ups as it used to do with every other xpac. On another note dig sites become green at around 915-920, my current progress is 930 and I am missing 2 rare solves. I dare ask - how on earth am I supposed to max out that profession?Vellenia3 23 Oct
23 Oct engineering sort i would like the option to hide gnomish/goblin enginnering in menu or make them 1 special tab. when you changed all tabs in bfa and sorted it that really apreciated by not only me but i would like to complete collection of all recipes and it would be nice to see that the recipe is only for goblin engi while you have gnomishVeoc0 23 Oct
23 Oct Vial of sands - legion vs mantid As the title states, do you think that legion arch is faster for getting crates or is it mantid. To consider: - legion sites are closer, keystones cheaper (and more of them on AH) - mantid solves require less fragments, sites cleared faster Can anyone give some advice on which method might be faster and any information or tips regarding the maddening path of getting the vial of sands recipe. Thank you for your feedback, i appreciate it!Zaomin1 23 Oct
23 Oct Choose stats on craftable bops? So after gathering the materials need to craft a pair of Emblazoned Tempest Leggings (ilvl 385) for the third time; part of which includes 60 expulsom per craft; I have yet to get the stat I was really after; that being versatility. As a tank I feel its a crucial stat for me to have to increase the chances of my progression in mythic raiding; and mythic plus dungeons in general. When I first looked at the fact the stats allocated were random I accepted this and got to work as best i could at the time. However after my third craft of this item and still not getting the stat I feel I need; I began to think over the amount of time I have spent farming the blood-stained bones I need in order to scrap related craftable's into expulsom. I'm wondering how many more times I may have to refarm yet again; or if doing so is even worth it. This is a rhetorical question of course; but one I now can't help but ponder. My time is limited like all people. I havn't had time to make a little more progress in mythic plus dungeon's; due to my time farming; which I fully accept is my own choice to pick one activity over the other. On top of this I would also like to thank the developers for being kind enough to give the player back the full amount of sanguicell needed for the craft upon scrapping it. That was a very thoughtful and smart decision to save us much more time than farming expulsom would have taken; and again I thank you greatly for this. I still feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place over whether it is worthwhile for me to continue farming the blood-stained bone for this item; or if doing mythic plus dungeons for a similar or greater pair of leggings is really the smarter move. I just wanted to know; what complications; if any; in terms of fairness would there be in allowing the player to choose the stats on bop gear, since as far as I can see a bop is useless to anyone else.Kiljilidan5 23 Oct
22 Oct Expulsom always BOP? Hia folks Does anyone know or read any plans to make Expulsom BOE or account-wide? Bad enough that my crafters are getting (maybe...) 1 out of every 10 pieces of gear, but now I have a stack of expulsom stuck on a character that is only a gatherer! I can't sell it, I can't send it to a char that needs it...Hammerbolt2 22 Oct
22 Oct Legion Archaeology Broken in BFA Since hitting 950 in Archaeology, 12/10/18, I am no longer able to pick up the weekly Legion archaeology quests in Dalaran. In addition the only Legion dig sites that appear now are in Suramar making it impossible to complete other race items / achievements. I do not have any outstanding archaeology quests in my quest log. Please advise on how this can be resolved. Has anyone else run into this issue?Jibmeister1 22 Oct
21 Oct JC is terrible Hello. I have been a long time JC playing this game and atm JC must be the most boring out of all professions. I know some of the other professions made worse aswell but I don’t understand why this is the path Blizz takes. Here are some thing I like and dont like about JC: - precious craft mats like sanguicell hydrocore and expulsom are practically useless for jc. we basically have half the gameplay content of other professions. - the items we can craft are capped at 300 and ask too much items for what they are worth. we should be able to craft rings of high item levels using sanguicell. low items are also the reason why hydrocore and expulsom are useless. - gems are worth no money except haste atm. this is very comparable to alchemists. all of their flasks fetch good money tho. - all professions have something that only they can use. we jcs used to have unique gems that only we could use back in the days. now these items are mostly utility and that is cool but we want something like that too. - only good thing I can think of is the relative ease we can level our profession to max level. and that offers nothing. here is a couple suggestions - introduce high level rings before they become obsolete. - maybe introduce an item that can open socket to items that can be sold on ah (limit how many items you can open socket ofc) - bring back mass prospect (really whats the big idea taking it away)Derzu28 21 Oct
21 Oct Herb disappearing - BUG Before a blue comes and tell us it might be that someone just picked it up before you, or herbs respawn in different places ... I saw a herb, started gathering it, before cast finished it vanished. I went to the next herb, I stopped next to it a 30 seconds, kept on watching it, then I started picking up, and before the cast finshed it disappeared. Then I went to the next herb and try to pick it up as soon as possible, it disappeared before I could fish casting the pickup. I removed the gloves (with herb enchanting) it also happened with the next herb. Anyway this is clearly a bug, people have mentioned it during beta, and after bfa went live. almost two months after launch, the bug is still here. cheers.Môé7 21 Oct
19 Oct Mecha-Mogul Mk2 So i am trying to farm the materials for this mount, but i have farmed this dungeon prob around 20 times on mythic +0 but the only thing i got from those 15-20 runs is 1 Azerite forged protection plate. I have been reading people doing this dungeon 40 times and got all the materials. I did find 1 potion +20 engineering though. I mean do i have to farm this dungeon 10000 times this way? Am i just this unlucky? Is there something i'am doing wrong? engineering is 150+75 avarage 4 machines to farmCruzell3 19 Oct
18 Oct Inscr - Ultramarine Pigment Is there anything useful that I can utilize this for? It seems to be pilling up for me at scary rates relative to the other types of BFA pigments.Vektron1 18 Oct