14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
8h Make Professions great again ! Since the new Q&A Blizz said they want us find solutions to problems, so I take a shot on this one. Keep in mind this is merely my personal opinion on this, I do not demand anything, take it with a grain of salt and let's discuss in a polite manner. As you all probably know, professions are in a sad state, there is a much bigger supply than demand to both resources and crafted gear. Let's see why ? Blood/Sargerite vendor : I think these vendors should not even be a thing, why can you buy literally every resource avaible with one simple currency? It creates a supply of everything, making gathering/fishing obsolete. You can just buy whatever you need/want from these vendors. I think if you want a fish, you should go fish, if u want ores, go mine ores. Remove these vendors, but keep blood/sargerite a crafting material, in this way they won't be useless. Also make them tradeable. Seed raid Those of you who do not know what it is : You get seeds from gathering herbs on the broken isles, which you can plant, and then pick up the herb. Problem is, up to ten people can loot the same herb from the same seed, so people actually farm these in raids. This creates a ginormous supply of herbs, ruining the market. My solution : Make herbs from seeds only lootable by up to three people. Recipe/gathering ranks People with rank 3 gathering/crafting just mass produce everything with very little materials needed, clogging the ah with cheap items that nobody buy. I think it would be fine to remove the ranks, and make it as it was back in wotlk/cata whatever. Materials from completely random places Just the other day, a dude looted five Saber's eye from Wyrmtongue Cache of Shiny Things in my group. I am a jewelcrafter myself, and this didn't make me happy at all. Saber's eye is very hard to make, so if u want to make five of them, be prepared for some real prospecting, because Pandemonite is rare. Now why does a random dude get five of them from a random bag? Yet again one more source of supply. This also goes for the oddly-shaped stomach and shoulder enchants. People should only be able to loot resources for their own professions. I think it's not too late for changes, since blizz just recently changed the blood of sargeras mission's cost, which is a very welcome change. What do you think?Ravenflow0 8h
15h Rank 3 shoulder recipes - Paul Kubit's interview. ... Really? Seriously? What the hell does 'rarity' has to do with it? That's the same as making Rank 3 Helia Vantus rune drop from mythic Helia and then mentioning 'rarity' too. The problem with Rank 3 Shoulder recipes is not whether or not they are rare; it's the fact that these are the ONLY recipes in legion that require organized group content. All raid recipes could be done in LFR. Almost all dungeon recipes could be done in LFG, and those that can't right now, will be soon due to LFG for mythics. Not to mention that making a group for a 5-man mythic is nothing compared to the dedication required for RBG. Keep the drop chance. Hell, feel free to make it several times lower; but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE IT DROP FROM RANDOM BG WINS, NOT RATED BG WINS.Беато8 15h
16h JC and Inscription are they defunct?? As there no sockets and there seem to be no use for glyphs are these two professions worth concentrating on. I can't think of any socketed items or anything glyphs anymore. This character is an engineer, it seems to be heading towards a fun only profession. Should I stay with the other original 5 professions (not including gathering)when I create another character?Littlemajik3 16h
18h Goldthorn Tea/Henry Stern Hello all! I know that Henry Stern is removed from the game and therefore you can no longer learn the recepie goldthorn tea. So far im cool with that what buggs me tho is that if you look in your unlearned tab that recepie is listed as one of the ones you miss. I was hopeing there could be a blue post about why? Is there any plans to bring Henry or the recepie back? If not it seems quite useless to have it in the list, not to mention it buggs me alot since that is the only cooking recepie i dont have! Thankful for answers // LazziSaving4 18h
21h Selling flasks or selling just the materials? As a herbalist/alchemist what will bring me more income? Selling flasks or just the materials? If you combine the material price is more epxenive than the flask but with rank 3 you get more flasks.With rank 3 though,is it pure RNG or there is a standar amount of extra flasks that you get?Naspyy4 21h
1d Idea for how to fix boring professions. Your thoughts? Guys i just had the best idea for a remake off the professions. What if every crafting profession could make every slot of gear they are "specialized for". So blacksmiths do all slots where you can were plate, leatherworking all leatherslots and so on. They start on a lowish ilvl and can get upgraded lets say 10 times with a chance to break when you upgrade it. For each upgrade you get an X amount of ilvls, lets say 10 as an example, so lets say in our legion standars it would mean if it starts at 880 you can upgrade it to 980 if you manage to get a +10. And for every +1 you get on your items, the chance for it to break if you try to go higher increases. So lets say to craft the item is 100% chance of success. To make it +1 is 90% chance to make it. +2 is 80%, +3 is 70%, and so on and so on. So when you want to upgrade to +10 its only a 10% chance of success. Or if you have like 100% chance to get it +4 and then the chance to break is higher for each upgrade you get. Like 15% chance to break for each +1 after +4. That is details but you get the general idea. And what if the items you needed to upgrade and craft these items would be possible to get from all diffrent corners of the world. Raiding, dungeons, quests, herbing, mining, m+, hidden chests, worldbosses, weekly quests, annual event, etc etc. And later into the expantion it just drops more mats so you can make more attepts at making items and upgrading more often. Optionally make it so you can only have 1 profession and that profession also give you the appropiet gathering ability. So engineers and smiths get mining, leatherworkers get skinning and so on. And if you dont want a crafting profession for awesome lootz, you choose "gathering" and you can gather "everything" kinda, Nodes, flowers, cloth? etc etc, but not craft and upgrade this gear as a "punishment". But you still get your regular loot from raids, dungeons etc. I am just sick and tried of professions how they work now. You get to max level, they give you some average stuff but never anything good. A 835 item that you make now feels like last patch:s stuff. They are only good for boosting an alts ilvl to get into LFR kinda. Nothing exciting and really no point in making them if you dont need gold. With this new "system" i think it will make professions a part of your actual game play and you can choose from even more diffrent ways to play the game. Some people like mythic raiding and will probably still have way better gear then the rest of the people that dont mythic raid, but it will be a way for people to still be able to "work hard" for acutal good gear. What are your thoughts of this? I for one have had a similar system in another game i played ages ago before WoW and i really loved how that worked there. It had me farming for years and still found it exciting. (Shout out to Ragnarok Online!).Fortyeight0 1d
1d Skinning past level 600? I just realized that my warrior can't level her skinning past 600 skill. What am I missing, or am I actually bugged? If I see the trainer, he won't offer me any higher skill than what I already have available. Does it autoincrease when I start skinning? The character has been on the shelf for quite some time, so I am a bit lost as to why it's stuck at 600, while her enchanting is possible to increase. The character was boosted to level 90 back in WoD, and was above level 60 when I boosted her, so her professions were boosted with her. She is currently level 101. Heck, I just realized I can't even post on the forums with her, as it gives me an error.Aylish7 1d
2d herbing? also horrible terrain design? I don't have flyihg so I have been running around randomly on my ground mount for maybe 2 hours and have found 1 herb :/ also come to a realization or two. 1/Terrain is horribly designed the whole world is ups and downs caves canyons shier cliffs, drops. coves, I don't think there is a single zone where you card start in one corner then run directly to the other in a straight line and not run into some kind of impassable land thing. 2/world is much larger and has less nodes I find a large canyon and try todo laps because its large enough that the place (if traditional) would be full of herbs! except I ran the whole place and don't see a single one :C tldr:currently need foxflower any tips for herbing without flying in this hostile terrain?Ammunae1 2d
2d Class requirement on Sunwell goggles plans I just noticed that a lot of old engineering goggles plans have become available on the engineering trainer, as the previous class requirement had been removed. The crafted items have also been changed to BoE when they were previously BoP. I guess this happened some time in last few months. A good change as it opens up some more stuff for transmog and the class requirements were basically pointless anyway. Anyway, I also noticed that the 11 different goggles crafted from the plans that dropped in the Sunwell raid have also been changed from BoP to BoE, but for some reason the class requirements for learning the plans have been left on those 11 Sunwell plans. Is there any chance we could have the class requirements removed from those 11 Sunwell plans as well? I've learned every other possible engineering plan so would be nice to be able to get all of those 11 from Sunwell too now that the actual items are BoE. Were those Sunwell plans maybe just overlooked during this recent change? Full list of the ones that still have class requirements on learning the plans: Schematic: Quad Deathblow X44 Goggles Schematic: Hyper-Magnified Moon Specs Schematic: Annihilator Holo-Gogs Schematic: Justicebringer 3000 Specs Schematic: Hard Khorium Goggles Schematic: Lightning Etched Specs Schematic: Powerheal 9000 Lens Schematic: Primal-Attuned Goggles Schematic: Surestrike Goggles v3.0 Schematic: Wonderheal XT68 Shades Schematic: Mayhem Projection GogglesMinizip0 2d
2d Can i get legion blacksmithing again? I had legion black smithing from the quest you get from the trainer in dalaran but i got rid of it as a profession so i could disenchant some gear but when i learned blacksmithing again i wasn't at the legion level anymore. Is there a way to redo the quest that gives the quest for legion blacksmithing or not?Crazymonkey2 2d
2d Why am I limited to 2 professions? Why am I limited to 2 professions per character? I just want to play with one character, I don't want to have an army of alts. Can this change and if not, then why?Jhimbo6 2d
2d Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting to go with Mining Hi I am just starting a new char for Horde (BE Paladin) and I'm pretty sure of mining for the first profession but not sure which is best to go with it. I was originally thinking BS but it does require leather etc and my main has tailoring and it's not long before the gear I craft is not as good as the drops I get, especially now rewards change with level. Which one would you say is best baring in mind that it won't be getting any help from another char. I'm kind of looking for a balance between ease of levelling and gold making. Any help would be much appreciatedPiran3 2d
4d Lazy professions combo Hi everyone! I'm thinking of changing professions before the BfA changes hit (which still leaves me quite a bit of time) since I don't know if it will still be as easy to level them then. I want to go with something not too time consuming once maxed (gather -> sell the mats) even if it's not the most lucrative. I thought of 3 combos (I already have 800 skinning) : 1) Skinning/Enchanting : kill a mob, loot it for gear to disenchant then skin it, I wouldn't even have to do anything special to get the mats. 2) Herbalism/Enchanting : only getting the herbs which are on my way since I want to be lazy (and I have a Sky Golem, which makes it even easier). 3) Skinning/Herbalism : once again, only getting the herbs that are on my way. Since I've always used professions for myself only I'm not sure what the market is like and I have no idea what would make me the most gold, so I'll gladly accept any insight you have. (Though I feel like having the possibility to craft enchants if I want to is always nice) Thanks! :)Jakuta4 4d
5d Savage Leather nerf intended? So places where you would normally get 2 or 3 pieces, I'm now getting SCRAPS, or if I'm lucky, 1 piece of savage leather. This includes Firelands, spiders in Tol Barad and even in Zul'Gurub. All of these places have been nerfed significantly. Does anyone know if this is intentional or not?Zují1 5d
3d Rocket Chicken no longer explodes Hi, Sorry if this is the wrong place, I almost never post on the forums. I have noticed over the past few months, that my rocket chicken has stopped taking off and exploding. It will now instead, completely disappear instead of exploding. I am unsure for how long this has been an issue exactly, as I came back from a break a few months ago. I noticed it immediately on my return as my rocket chicken is my favourite pet (I like exploding pets). I am posting about it now, because as always with bugs, I assumed it was a known issue and would be fixed in time. Sadly it seems that it isn't that well known and I miss seeing my rocket chicken explode :(Esmerrelda3 3d
6d Fishing - a few noob questions I have actually played WoW since final beta but I have never ever used fishing. I just decided to learn fishing to go get some deviate fish in Barrens, make them into savory deviate delight and flip them for gold on the AH. Anyway, I read that there were supposed to be schools of these fish in the waters? I dont see any schools of fish whatsoever in the lakes inside of Wailing Caverns - have these been removed? My fishing skill is only 75, it doesnt lvl up anymore while fishing in WC - does my low fishing skill affect the % of getting Deviate fish? I'm getting like 1 deviate fish for every 5-6 fishing tries.Futurum4 6d
13 Mar Legion Engineering Bug? I picked up Engineering on my Pally, done the quest for Legion Engineering 800. I got to the quest (around the 2nd-3rd one I believe) where I needed to pick up a Fel Reaver (something) and all I was picking up was an "Empty Slot" as the item. I relogged, exited game and did everything I could until I dropped Engineering and logged out. I logged back in, picked up Engineering and the cap was 75 and my Legion Engineering Quest was gone but the bugged quest was Fixed. So now I'm at 700/700 Engineering and stuck there because my cap is 700 and the Legion Engineering Quest isn't showing up and is broke. Is there any solution to getting the cap to 800 for Engineering (or getting the quest to re-appear) without having to drop Engineering again?Zamii2 13 Mar
13 Mar mining leveling PROBLEM..HELP ?? hi ! so i lvl'd my mining to 150 and now the "bar"is full. so i went back to my mining trainer to upgrade it to higher and to learn for gold and mytril and other stuff......but i'm not getting the option to learn something new !!?? can someone help me ?> pleaseSunyarai6 13 Mar
13 Mar Legion Cooking - Need help! Hey guys! I'm in a bit of a trouble here. I just changed my main to this toon, and it seems that I did the quests that reward cooking recipes while I didn't even have cooking learned. This was supposed to be an alt, so I probably deleted the recipes since I was a fool. How in the name of Argus can I get these recipes now? What does a gnome have to do?Suklaakyrpä4 13 Mar
11 Mar <Gharb> Leatherworking -- all patterns ingame Greetings. I'm an old-school (or perhaps, just old) vanilla player. Recently returned to WoW and updated my LW patterns collection. I have every LW pattern ingame. All world drop, rep, dungeon/raid drops, alliance/horde ones. ------------------- Including old and now unobtainable patterns. ZulGurub sets: — Blood Tiger Breastplate/Shoulders — Primal Batskin Bracers/Gloves/Jerkin Vanilla Naxx frost resistance sets: — Icy Scale Bracers/Breastplate/Gauntlets — Polar Bracers/Gloves/Tunic And less cool but nevertheless awesome: — Blue Dragonscale Breastplate/Shoulders — Chimeric Gloves — Chromatic Cloak — Deviate Scale Belt/Cloak/Gloves — Dragonscale Gauntlets — Girdle of Insight — Gordok Ogre Suit — Heavy Scorpid Gauntlets/Leggings/Shoulders/Vest — Hide of the Wild — Living Breastplate — Mongoose Boots — Quiver of a Thousand Feathers — Red Dragonscale Breastplate — Shifting Cloak — Stormshroud Armor/Gloves/Shoulders — Swift Flight Bracers — Wild Leather Boots/Cloak/Helmet/Leggings/Shoulders/Vest — Wolfshead Helm ------------------- I don't have materials for the Naxx/ZG gear or I'm not willing to spend mine. So you have to bring your own. Crafting tips/fees are negotiable and depend on the situation, really. Should you want something tailor-made specifically for you — I'll be glad to be of service! Argent Dawn. Alliance side. Add me and let's discuss the deals: Gharb#2577 Oh, and also: every customer preordering Naxx/ZG gear crafts gets a FREE pair of Comfortable Insoles as a bonus! ------------------- <Gharb Leatherworking>® "For you can trust a rogue!"Ghárb2 11 Mar
11 Mar First Aid Achievements before end of Legion We already know that First Aid is getting removed coming BfA, so I'm sure that like me many players want to complete the achievements tied to this profession before Legion ends. Not only as I stuck at 795, but getting the 16 parts needed for First Medic (, for example, seem insane given the low drop rate of the quest items. I know I can get to 800 using the Darkmoon Faire, but what else is there to do?Molka7 11 Mar
10 Mar Future of engineering... So, i know engineering is not much profession for making money and so on..more about fun and utility. But i feel like engineering is totally useless in legion at all. There is not actual need to have it at all...only good things are old ones (jeeves, nitro, glider, mail + ports - some of them random) Everything is expensive to make andhave no value. Not only value in money but not any value for utility. Well you can make mounts but compared to other professions in legion....maybe only scribes are on bad train too Actually will engineering get something cool next xpac? I have a looooot of recipes and hard farmed stuff on engi (on my main) and i am kind of sad if i should drop it for another proff. But i am more and more thinking if i shouldnt reroll something more usefull. I think everything its better no than engi. Next xpac also some race will get portable mailbox? If i remember good. So next thing that will not be only engi extra.... Give engi some love <3Muxeh18 10 Mar
09 Mar Now or later ? i have multiple alts with differents professions and i want to level them all up to 800 but it will take much time So what do you suggest ? do it now before bfa or wait BFA ?Yamatoro2 09 Mar
07 Mar Stuck on engeneer quest line (Legion) i have done the quest line up to the quest 'Modular modifications' but sudden stop there. according to wowhead i should be getting a quest called 'Here comes the BOOM' from Didi but i dont get any quests from her. anyone else encounter this problem and/or know a solution?Dobbìns2 07 Mar
07 Mar Idea: New glyph for Divine Hymn: Image of X'era Basically while channeling the spell Divine Hymn the image of X'era appears above you and chimes like a typical Naruu for the duration of the spell. Would be nice to see as well as appeasing those who don't want her fully gone.Davidsalter2 07 Mar
07 Mar a cure for being Dazed in old content Have you ever tried leveling your new fancy Allied race Alt within this "wonderful" new leveling system of WoW? I'm sure you wonder why do you get dismounted when a mob gently farts on you... I know you do, because I wonder about the same thing! Whenever I'm trying to run around on my Water Strider with my lv 43 Warlock and my Strider does not do the only thing that is good for. Walking on water...., it fcking sinks.... Because I'm dazed.... HOWEVER now that Trump became President of the Unites States, I think evrything is possible! I'm sure that there is a cure for this somewhere... We just have to find it! #MakeWaterStridersGreatAgain Basically, ppl are crying for a cure for daze in old content, but as far as I know the cure only exists in Draenor and Legion called "Stonehide Leather Barding" and those silly Stables. We need an item like this for old content, or at least make it so it can be used in old content as well. It would sell like candy. Or make a mount that can't be dazed and let the Loremaster achievement award it for ppl that already went thru all the story quests. Other ideas are always welcomed. Sincerely, Aru the Patient Moistweaver, breaker of Rules, friend of Stynkey, mother of Jesus, Escort of Sap, Social.. I mean Core Raider of BAHAMUT, inspector of Junks, respector of Whamen, farmer of WoW tokens, accepter of Donations, master of wiping at Heroic Coven, survivor of Depression. edit: my friend who's into making people not be alive and fcking w their minds reminded me that I forgot something. Support me, so I can start my career on Argent Dawn as a fellow Void Elf escort.Aru4 07 Mar
06 Mar Professions for Fury Warrior? What 2 professions are good for a Fury Warrior who wants to earn good money?Mextro11 06 Mar
04 Mar Changing professions before BFA I am planning to change professions going into BFA. Now I am a "oldie" returned from classic/TBC to legion so I haven't really had any focus on previous expansions and how professions have transferred into new expansions. Do professions need to be at max lvl(800) to be able to start at new recepies(regardless of coming squish) or lets say my profession is at 50/800 does it start "clean" on a new expansion? Just wondering if I need to start grind levels on profession right away or if you can change professions 2 days before BFA and be able to use the new content right away?Prällä1 04 Mar
04 Mar Dreadleather Jerkin Recipe - Rank 3 does it even exist? So according to the Leatherworking recipe book, the rank 3 version of the pattern for Dreadleather Jerkins comes from Helya in Maw of Souls in Mythic. I have ran Mythic MoS nearly every week since November or something and am STILL yet to get it. I am starting to question my own sanity and if this item even actually exists. Can people confirm this? Can a mod even confirm with me that the drop rate for this is as intended? It's mind-blowing that I still haven't gotten it yet. Also from anybody who have actually managed to get it can you confirm that Mythic is the only way to get it? I assume it's not possible to get it on a M+ run either. Please help!Astralgazer4 04 Mar
03 Mar Professions while leveling Honestly, I feel like professions are completely broken right now for any content that is not current expansion end-game, and it's been like this since at least Cataclysm, and likely since Blizzard first reduced the experience needed to level through the vanilla zones. You simply level too fast for the zones you are questing in to get enough materials to keep up to date with your crafting, and the quest and dungeon rewards have become good enough that even crafted gear is often outdated by the time you can craft it, not to mention that heirlooms simply outclass any other piece of gear for a slot. Cataclysm just compounded on the issue by making the gear rewards in the vanilla zones good. Patch 7.3.5 and the level scaling have just put the final nail in the coffin of profession use while leveling, because mob drops and gathering nodes don't scale to your level (they can't, or you would lose the ability to get early game mats). And to make matters worse, you are now encouraged to skip expansions by choosing between BC or Wrath, Cata or Pandaria, but professions still seem to use the old system to level that needs to go through all of them (correct me if I'm wrong here, I haven't leveled a char to this point yet). It seems like in BfA each expansion content will get its own progression track independent of the rest that goes from 1 to 100 instead of piling 100 more levels on a single progress track (source: That is a good first step to solve the problem they have right now, since you will no longer be gated behind maxing the crafting from the previous expansion before starting on the next until Warlords content. However, it doesn't do anything to solve the problem that crafted gear simply doesn't compare to quest rewards and dungeon drops. If I choose to go the Cataclysm route instead of MoP, no gear I can craft will be better that lvl 85, so for the second half of the 80-90 stretch there will be nothing for me in professions. And even if a piece of lvl 83 gear could be useful at 83, since leveling recipes rarely give better that green gear, any quest reward for that same slot will be equivalent at level, and better as soon as you get a single extra level. In the end it seems like even with these changes the only items worth it from leveling content will be bags (if you didn't get bigger ones from the AH or an alt), gadgets and consumables, and I find that a pity. There's the transmog angle, of course, but that doesn't make profession-crafted gear useful while leveling, just not worthless to get once on a single character. One idea I've had to solve this problem is that crafted gear behave as heirlooms, growing in power with your character for the expansion (new) level range. For example, the basic Spiritmend/Deathsilk sets in Cataclysm Tailoring or the basic Windwool set in Pandaren Tailoring would act like green items in the 80-90 level range, and the Vicious Embersilk/Fireweave for Cataclysm and Contender's Sating for Pandaria would be blue items in the same range or maybe the 85-90 range only. These items would have no experience bonus to differentiate themselves from the current heirlooms. What are your ideas to make professions fun and useful again while leveling?Ragni5 03 Mar
02 Mar 110 boost professions hi i will boost my lvl72 warrior to 110 can i get lvl700 profession which i want? if i can which 2 professions give more golds?Saraphen8 02 Mar
02 Mar [Enchanting] Why isn't this a thing? Hey, as an enchanter I've always wondered why we have to manually "click" every enchant into Enchanting Vellum, instead of using "Create" or "Create all" options, similar to other proffesions? (see picture) 02 Mar
28 Feb Idea to make old materials viable again I currently have a lot of old mats in my bank, wich currently, ofcourse, don't sell at the AH. Isn't there a way to get a good use for them without trowing them away? Like implementing them in the new enchants or something like that.Zoïssetus2 28 Feb
28 Feb Merge gathering, or give all? Is there any chance we could have skinning merged with LW? Or perhaps give everyone gathering as a base? (I suppose otherwise Blacksmithing would need mining merged and so on) I do have all proffessions spread on various alts, and this is one thing that bothers me. Tailoring does not require any gathering, though I assume it was intended to have people pick Enchanting and Tailoring together back in the days. This doesn't make sense anymore(if that was ever the intension, or if it ever did make sense), and unless you are a clothie, it doesn't make sense picking Tailoring just to have a booster for your enchanting. You can, but it's "weird". I guess I am trying to say that this expansion I have felt more distanced to my professions than ever before. Partly because it has been hard for me, who picked two non-gathering professions back in TBC, because at the time this made more sense, and I didn't want to unlearn any of those later on. Back then it was easy to gather mats on alts to supply my main who used "BoP" benefits from both professions while raiding. This expansion however, I have struggled, and it's not been fun at all, with ranks, questlines and WQ "blocking" gathering, when even my main professions were gated the same way, or actually a lot worse. It was sort of enough for me having to level alts to gain gathering. I am not gonna go into details of that, because I know people manage, but overall this has worked less than ever for me personally. Can we please look into adding gathering as base ability for everyone? It's already weird enough with Tailoring up against say BS and LW. I know gathering is suppose to be a trade that fluctuates money, but I am sure there are ways to balance this out better without being stuck in the old ways. I am also aware that it's a chain effect with crafted sales, but in my honest opinion I am not sure holdning on to this old system is actually gonna help professions feel rewarding for anyone else than those who use them purely for sales. If they even feel rewarding for those. I can't answer that, I was never the AH type. I use professions for myself and my friends. Sorry about the wall of text. I just realized I keep picking Enchanting+Gathering and nothing else, on new alts(and it's not because I already have all at Draenor level and up). Nothing else feels worth it, so I thought I'd mention my thoughts around gathering at least.Aylish0 28 Feb
27 Feb Tips for gathering faster Hi, After experiencing the dungeon and mob scaling in 7.3.5, which ripped the fun off for me in dungeons and quests, I decided to level some of my alts via Herbalism. Relaxing and even profitable. I can't get Mining -that would've helped with quicker xp gain- because they have another primary profession I am making use of. My intention is to level up as quickly as possible via Herbalism, and I am asking for any further tips you might have. My alts are currently at level 65. I am gathering herbs in Outland. - On my Druid alt, I use flying travel form. - I use Darkmoon Firewater while gathering. - I use GatherMate2 and Routes addons. - I focus on herbs that provide the most XP in that zone. I herbed in Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Nagrand and Terokkar Forest so far, the pace is not so bad but it is not so great either. Any further tips (e.g. items, zones to focus, addons) to speed up gathering herbs would be appreciated. Thanks.Eom3 27 Feb
27 Feb LF Crafter of the Old Naxx Mail items Tipping 500k Hello! As the title says im currently looking for a Leatherworker that can craft the old Naxxramas mail items. I need the Icy Scale Bracers and Gauntlets. I will transfer a character to your server with the runes. I will also tip you 500k on Ravencrest Ally. I'm not interested in buying the already crafted items. Feel free to reply here or add me on: Dunderman1#2801 Thanks!Shewy1 27 Feb
25 Feb Old profession system after level scaling. Mining, gathering herbs and hoarding cloth to sell later was such a good piece of leveling back in the day because you could hold on that, sell it in the auction house and feel good about it because someone actually needed it and you got a surprisingly decent amount of gold out of it. Finding that truesilver vein and jizzing your pants because boy the enchanters needed that rod, and they paid for it. Sure it was a bit of a pain to level up professions, especially some, but it actually made them feel like something, whether you had acquired the gold to boost Crafting professions or leveled up your Gathering profession to go along with it, it was a journey on it's own and had an actual purpose. WoD/Legion have made every. single. profession. a mildly odored piece of manure where you brushed up against a trainer in your Garrison or Dalaran, ripped a good one against their thigh and they reward you with a 1/800 level profession and a permission to do everything just so you would leave their immediate vicinity. Hell, even opening clams just feels bad because that juicy Black Pearl is more useful as an anal bead these days.Tankmainbtw5 25 Feb
23 Feb A strange cooking problem I was in Dalaran (with this char) and I accepted a Daily Cooking quest. I had to make 4 Northern Stew besides other stuff. I went to Valvarde to accept the Northern Cooking quest. Now the strangest thing. I must be level 65 to accept that quest. Why is that? I decided to delete the Daily Cooking quest, wait till tomorrow or wait I ding to 65.Arafina1 23 Feb
23 Feb Runed Copper rod cant be learned As i started legion enchanting i quickly realised that i need "runed copper rod" for basically everything so i started doing some research on how to get that just to quickly find out that i cant learn it at my enchanting trainer or anywhere elsewhere in the game. I visited all the alliance cities but theres nothing there. i also asked a friend to help out but unfortunately the "runed copper rod" binds to the creator. Can some help me with some useful information please? Thank youMoonsword1 23 Feb
21 Feb On Profession Progression through Expansions How it all began When this game was launched, there were 60 Levels to progress through. You could do dungeons, but much of it was spent travelling through the world, doing quests. Parallel to that, there were professions to choose. You would do so early on and could progress through 300 levels of that at the same time, which was fair enough. You'd average on making 5 skill ranks per character level and life was good. Then came expansions and pushed the level and skill rank limits higher and higher. Most of the players' time was spent on max level doing endgame content. New characters would try to hurry through the levels, but the path grew longer. Blizzard added alternative leveling options, reduced XP requirements, added heirlooms to cover item progression and extra XP gained. Levelling your professions became a chore, because it slowed your character levelling significantly. People neglected the professions. The traditional Skill Level system no longer suited a game, where each expansion the skill limit is pushed further and new characters need to go the full path anyway. Recognizing this, Blizzard started to instead push catch-up mechanisms for their professions and opened up expansion content to Skill Rank 1 players. Suddenly, skill ranks were no longer needed. But they still exist. Why? The current focus With the recognition of the problem, Blizzard has started experimenting. In Draenor, suddenly everybody could start working with Skill 1, though high skill levels were still required for full profession performance. It was still somewhat lacking, but it - in combination with the Garrison's material supplies - at least allowed players to catch up their profession ranks eventually without grinding through legacy content (Who wants to go back to BC? Except to earn that phoenix, that is ...). The Garrison had several unfortunate effects on the world markets however and heavily impacted the relative worth the gathering professions. Now in Legion, the lessons learned were applied, providing a profession experience, a profession progression throughout the expansion. While the implementation was not without issues, the experience per se was a great success in my opinion and shows great promise as a way forward. Profession progression throughout the expansion This is the key point here. Changing the progression mode My proposal is thus: Remove all Skill Ranks / Requirements Provide expansion Skill Ranks for legacy content Assume classic and all expansion content to have a skill rank/level limit of 100 Keep all legacy recipes Award all players with existing professions Expansion skill ranks equivalent to their current progress in their profession. For example Tailoring Level 345 would translate to Azeroth Tailoring 100 and Outlandish Tailroing 45 Keep a rich mix of progression within an expansion, which can now also utilize a generic skill rank as in olden times (e.g. Azerite Tailoring Level 1-60 Benefits Consistent Profession progression through all expansion Fundamentally eliminates catchup issue Provides new mechanism to scale/extend progression within an expansion (by extending the maximum Expansion skill level, rather than forcing to rely on new materials/recipes) Allows players to switch their level progression method and still experience Professions while starting to quests in a later expansion's content. Conclusions While I do not believe the current system to be hopelessly broken or anything, it is a bit limiting in the tools provided. Implementing this change should offer more flexibility in designing profession content while improving the user's experience with legacy crafting or switching their progression style as they race new characters to max level. Opinions anybody?Bosparan21 21 Feb
21 Feb I'm Changing My Main Character and Professions Hello everyone ! I want to ask you something. I want to play World of Warcraft with token. I started to herbalism and alchemy.After that i bought a wow token with these professions but now i want to change my main character for Battle for Azeroth. Should i teach herbalism and alchemy to my new character or should i learn another professions ? I want to play with one or two characters at Battle for Azeroth. If i am going to learn new professions what do you suggest ?Dramaex3 21 Feb
20 Feb Living Steel macro - ALCHEMY I just have question why this macro for creating Living Steel does not work. I have similar for Jard's peculiar energy source and that one is working. /cast Alchemy /run C_TradeSkillUI.CraftRecipe(114780) /cast Alchemy similar macro for crafting jard's peculiar energy source is working fine #showtooltip Jard's Peculiar Energy Source /cast Alchemy /run C_TradeSkillUI.CraftRecipe(139176) /cast Engineering Please help me. thank you guysArtego0 20 Feb
18 Feb MoP Ring Enchants Removed? What for? I'm just leveling a new toon with enchanting profession and just realized this. Not that my toon would necissarily need the enchant for character power, but the ring enchants were the equivalent of other professions cheap bop leveling spells. Now there's a huuuge gap and only spells with high material cost to level up enchanting. Not funny. ;) PS: I am aware that professions are going to be streamlined and cut down in BfA, but we are not there yet. Some of the clutter does actually have it's uses!Pépè5 18 Feb
17 Feb Cooking So what is the deal with cooking. Never in my life have I used flowers or minerals to fix my food. So why is it like this? I mean more Herbalism then meat/fish to I can't understand logic behind that?!Skrikdamp1 17 Feb
16 Feb The state of professions Hey all, I had a discussion yesterday with some guildies about how professions in Legion don't really matter that much anymore. Like, now only Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and Enchanting are really viable. The other professions are pretty useless to be honest. Soo, that got me think about how it was in the past. Some examples; - In WotLK is was possible to make extra sockets in your bracers/gloves - In TBC you would get patterns from the Sunwell Plateau that if created would be better then the gear that would drop there. So you had a purpose also to gather the mats etc. - Skinning/Herbalism gave passive stat increases if i'm right. - As enchanter you had the perks of only being able to enchant rings yourself, not be able to give it to others. This made me wonder why this was all changed. I understand it would give some advantages and could be considered "unfair". But this way the profession really mattered and you really had to decide what you would want as extra perks. Now it just feels like you don't have to put any time in them anymore. As a leatherworker you could make gear in the beginning of Legion that could help you get going, but just now it's so easy to get gear and the crafted items aren't even close to compete with the gear that drops now. So pretty much I really hope that Blizzard will make professions matter again and add something to the game. I really miss it to put time into it and get rewards that way. What are your thoughts on the profession in their current state and what would you like to see?Naràrayn3 16 Feb
15 Feb Requires previous rank Seriously ??!!! I have been absent from the game for nearly a year so was a bit rusty on what I should be doing. I have Leatherworking 770 and decided to buy some more recipes but after trying to learn them I realised they all say "Requires previous rank". I would understand if they required next rank but how can you be too advanced to learn a new recipe?? Is this a bug?Jannerette2 15 Feb
15 Feb Do you want 'Disenchant Rod' item? I'd like to have this one in my pockets, crafted by Enchanters. Disenchanting Rod Item level 100 Use: Extracts the magical element(s) from good quality (Green) or better weapons or armor.  The targeted item will be DESTROYED and will not be retrievable. 20 Charges What do you think guys?Brat4 15 Feb
15 Feb An example of reforging Hello! So I miss reforge just like alot of others do but I also understand why blizzard removed it, wasn't really that rewarding to just click an addon and get the best options available. I did have a thought tho. In this example I'm using Inscription cause their profession is pretty lackluster. I'm proposing that they can make scrolls for each stat that will change a random stat of an item into what you want, Like Scroll of crit reforge would swap a % of a stat on the item you choose and turn it into crit. This would also be like gems and have a limit on how many, I'm thinking you can have 3 active scrolls. Maybe this will also just turn into an addon telling you what to use and on what but its the same with enchanting, this would just be a fun way to upgrade items that have the wrong stats for you. This would also give inscriptioners something to craft. Maybe start with green ones that swap 10% then up 20% blue recipe and by the end 30% epic recipe.Karned1 15 Feb
15 Feb Archaeology problem/bug? How to fix this? :( 15 Feb