Professions

3m How to get Wisp-Touched Elderhide Well I have googled to death the Wisp-Touched Elderhide but can't find any info on how or where to get it. It is used for the new crafted Leather Feet Legendary. Any ideas? Thanks IanDredsong0 3m
9h Lazy-man's/woman's Professions This thread will probably get downvoted or something lol. Anyway... Does anyone know of a set of lazy-man's/woman's professions? I've tried tailoring/skinning & leatherworking/herb & alch/mining & JC/.... But with this character I just want something easy where I don't really have to do much. What do you guys suggest? Herb & mining? I mean that you just run around gathering nodes while doing quests ect... My cooking is leveled quite a bit and have good recipes but I find that people aren't buying food as much in Legion as they used to in say WoD or MoP.Cyphinette1 9h
12h Legion tailoring is annoying It's not just the fact that all the crafted gear is not good enough. Tailoring seems the only profession that requires to craft its best items only at 1 place. I can understand the reasoning, but this is just bad. At least add a mail box in front of tailor's guild in Suramar.Shumensko3 12h
13h Alchemy is that good? Is Herb and Alch or Minning and Ench the way to go or what other combos for raiding?Derfla5 13h
15h The level of broken here is unusual from Blizzard. I'm used to a higher standard than this from Blizzard. I've played all their games starting with Starcraft but have never experienced this level of broken/bugged before. - Enchanting WQs never pop - can't rank up my recipes. - Rank 3 flasks don't happen - can't enjoy the free rank 3 procs or lvl up to 800. - Rank 3 cooking recipes never happen either, even after months of Nomi farm. - Bugged herb nodes problem not fixed for months. Careful Blizz it's a slippery slope you're on. Good reps are lost much faster than they are acquired. You used to be the kings of polish but now it seems you're understaffed or worse, that u just don't give a f*** anymore. Instead of working on new ways to buff druids I suggest you fix what's broken first.Gitmix1 15h
21h What proffesion should i take with my 100 boost? I bought a 100 boost today and im wondering what proffesion is the best to boost for 7.2 Flying is released in 7.2 so gathering professions wont give that much gold?Suhasalama1 21h
22h Can't loot ores or herbs but get skill. Hi, me and several others have gotten a bug where when we mine or herb something the loot window doesn't come up. I get the skill but not any loot, which is reaaaallly frustrating cause I just hit exaulted with klaxxi and need money for the scorpion. I mean seriously Blizzard help me with this. I've been farming klaxxi dailes every day for over a month now and FINALLY hit exaulted and now I can't earn money?! I searched the forums and find that several others had had this problem but got no response. So please a blue post about what's causing this problem and when you're going to fix this. Best regards from a dedicated player and customer since vanilla.Madinferno18 22h
22h Nomi needs fixing plz! Just got 12 recipes in one go, yah! 2 x Nightbourne Delicacy Platter - all rank 1 10 x Faronaar Fizz - all rank 2 The chance thing in tradeskills is beyond annoying. Please go back to the old school way of leveling.Vampette2 22h
1d Recipe: Fel Core Hound drop in LFR? My warrior skill blacksmiths. Try get mount when drop recipe. Wondered, it can work in LFR?Liborio4 1d
1d Is "Bigger Fish To Fry" account-wide? I really don't want to catch all the rare fish again just for another character.Iexi2 1d
1d Where are the L3 mining quests, since 3-4 weeks? I got them on a toon around silvester and on others I levelled mining since then, none dropped. What happened in patches inbetween this timeframe? Where are the level 3 mining quests?Liebeist5 1d
1d Solution for a big problem (skinning) Imagine that you're skinning around with your awesome transmoged charakter when suddenly a douche start killing the mobs. You whisper him - hey! could you pls loot the mobs, I want to skin them. The douche stops for a sec, he starts thinking and then continue the mob killing still without looting them. My solution is that you can skin the mobs even if they don't loot them and the douche will get his loot from mail just like when you don't loot a boss, and everyone will be happy.. except for the douche but we don't care about himBerijoker9 1d
1d Jewel crafting is broken Jewel crafting is broken there's no where near enough sockets on gear to make gems more consumable ie increasing demand. Prospecting should be our farming tool yet is useless since ores are better sold raw rather than prospected, a quick fix for this is implement farming nodes for prospecting. All crafted epic rings and necks I don't need say anymore about these as its obvious that these are pointless they should be hard to craft but BIS and scale to keep them relevant increasing there value. How Jewel crafting sits at the moment it may aswell be removed from game.Shocknorc4 1d
2d BS stuck at 799 I have made a ton of Demonsteel boots (at 799 / rank 3) and I haven't had a single skillpoint. Why Blizzard... why? Give me 800 already. http://prntscr.com/empwtiThavage2 2d
2d Is it possible to learn MoP inscription "quest" recipes Hey, Before Legion I had gathered all inscription recipes. Since Legion hit I've been staring at the unlearned tab and especially the four Pandaria recipes under quests: Engraved Jade Disk Incardine Ink Portrait of Madam Goya Inscribed Monument. I'm pretty sure I've crafted all of these at least once during MoP even though they were a solid material burner. Is it possible to learn these recipes somehow or are they only craftable when the appropriate weekly quest in Pandaria becomes active?Caenuss0 2d
2d Leylight shard I think Leylight shard must be the most rare enchanting material in Legion. Not that many blues around and they are usually BoP. What happens is that people who have gotten familiar with the auction house and how the marked works occasionally buy out every shard and relist them for x4 or more expensive. While you can disenchant Leylight shards into Arkhana you can not create or disenchant into Leylight shards. I don't mind marked fluctuations, I usually stay away during volatile periods like when patches bring notable changes but I think it is unfortunate design when you can go into the auctionhouse, buy everything in a category and list it for x3 or x4 or higher profit without the marked being much able to respond by increasing supply. Maybe we could have a option to disenchant Chaos Crystals (since epics are more common than blues) or to unite Arkhana dust into Leylight shards. Anyhow, just my thought.Epzilon4 2d
3d Stuck at 700/700 LW [SOLVED] I did the quest that was supposed to give me Legion leatherworking (the ability to go to 800) but i am still at 700/700. I have completed all of the LW legion quests and i have the Elderhorn riding harness...What did i miss?Stomgar2 3d
5d Thunder Totem profession WQs never spawn I have engineering on my main Rogvar, and I am missing 3-star recipe for Auto-Hammer, which comes from world quest in Thunder Totem. I have got all other 3-star recipes from other zones, have done them several more times since, but the one in Highmountain has not spawned, apparently, for several months now. Recently I levelled Blacksmithing on my alt Avandail and started collecting recipes as well. Today I got Leystone Greaves in Azshara, and only one left missing is Leystone Boots, which also comes from Thunder Totem. Wowhead comments on both world quests have notes like "has this ever spawned?". To be honest, I doubt this is a coincidence. I have read, that sometimes world quests do not show on map, so I started visiting Thunder Totem in person daily, and cannot see them either. I am also checking Wowhead World Quest maps every day (just in case it's my client bug), and apparently NO profession world quests spawned in Thunder Totem for a while. There are other profession quests around Highmountain sometimes (for fish, herbs, mining veins, skins), but no recipe WQs in Thunder Totem. Could you please tell me, what am I doing wrong? Maybe they only spawn on the days of Thunder Totem invasion quests, and I have to defeat invasions to see if they are up? Or they show up on Thunder Totem map, not global? I do not know, what else to guess? Or maybe by some mistake they were dropped out of rotation in one of recent patches? People on wowhead reported getting them, but all such reports are dated at start of Legion. Or it is just RNG being harsh?Rogvar0 5d
5d Pandemonic choker - a joke? http://imgur.com/1JZ5MZw Heals for 11k when summoned daemon dies - that is ridiculousShumensko1 5d
6d Crafted Gear - Stat Suffix - Up-to-date List? Hi there :) I'm trying to gear up my various alts with the best crafted gear for their spec. I'm finding it quite tricky to keep track of which 'suffix' I should be keeping an eye open for each character, particularly as RNG plays such a big part in what you make, and there seems to be a bewildering array of combinations - some of which don't turn up that often. I've done a few searches for a list, but the usual sites don't seem to have this information at all, and the lists posted on places like Reddit aren't up-to-date. Does anyone have a current spreadsheet/list or can you point me in the right direction? I can't have my feral druid going about in 'Aurora' when she ought to be in 'Peerless', can I!? Many thanks in advance.Jazurja0 6d
6d Buff crafted items! From 1/10 into 1/20 or atleast into 900ilvl top choise for pvp set, or casuals can have some kind of progression chance and for those extreme unlucky ones who never get any lootDamios10 6d
21 Mar Does the Archaeology quest reset tomorrow? I currently have Echoes of my Ancestors, does anyone know if it changes to something else tomorrow? I want to do it before it swaps.Feirgan2 21 Mar
21 Mar Mining nodes bugged Hello! I've got a problem for a few days now(4-5), when i mine a node my character kneels down but no loot window appears. Any solutions?Nottleqt3 21 Mar
21 Mar Archaeology: Echoes of My Ancestors I'm sorry, but were you having a laugh when you designed this quest? This quest is a part of the achievement "This Side Up" which awards an artifact skin. The requirements for this particular quest is to complete 25 (!!!) highborn archaeology projects. That's one big time sink and a hellish grind, especially considering at least one of the dig sites is located among 110+ elites (Temple of a Thousand Lights). This needs a re-think and a nerf, especially considering picking up next week's quest will result in the loss of all progress from the previous week's quest.Savannah37 21 Mar
21 Mar Bugged herbs Why is there so many bugged herbs? Trying to pick them up very often but just get skill point without anything in my bag.Perwerka20 21 Mar
21 Mar First Aid in Legion The first aid vendors let you unlock 800 first aid but i also found out that there are supposed to be a number of quests to find NPCs out in the world and patch them up, however these quests are supposed to be given to me by the same NPC that taught me legion first aid, but they do not have any quests. How do you get these quests?Lullerull8 21 Mar
21 Mar Foxflower proc and thieves I got a proc on a foxflower, a fox run around and drop flowers that you walk over to pick up. Theese can be stolen by other people. We're talking 20+ herbs here. Make it personal!!!Bananbrus10 21 Mar
19 Mar Rank 3 Battlebound Armbands WQ I'm not quite sure if this belongs here since it's more about a bug than the profession alone but if it get's less attention than I want, I'll move it to general perhaps. So I asked some people on reddit if they had the same problem and it looks like we all have it. I'm just here for further confirmation and perhaps to get some more attention since just like Infernal Alchemist Stone rank3 bug, this seems to be ignored for over half a year. For those unwilling to check the link: the problem is the quest didn't spawn since September. At least no one can confirm it did. Nothing has been done about this yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/5wuw6o/battlebound_armbands_wq/ Does anyone of you actually remember it spawning between September and now? Please, confirm and report this bug so maybe we can speed up the process.Hlirgh4 19 Mar
19 Mar Alchemy Rank 3 Flasks I have leveled my alchemist early in Legion and have been making flasks ever since for my characters. After crafting 'round 200 intelect flasks at rank 2 I received rank 3 pattern. It was a horrible farming experience, but I made it. Now, I have been trying to proc rank 3 on agility flask for 3 months now. I've made more than 800 flasks and still no rank 3. Can't imagine how much time and herbs will it take to get potions and other flasks to rank 3 aswell at this rate. Will someone please adress this stupid and absurd RNG where after 800 flasks you dont see a rank 3 recipe. Are you serious with this? This cannot possibly be how its supposed to work, nobody with sane mind would design it to work this way.Nycto11 19 Mar
19 Mar Prof WQ rewards My enchanting WQ today is word of int for 40 arkhana word of int costs 12 leylight (3 stars) I often convert leylight into Arkhana because its priced better on AH, 1 Leylight makes 3 Arkhana (the 12 Leylight i used i could have made 36 Arkhana) my gain from this WQ was effectively 4 Arkhana my server thats worth about 88g ---- The other day i did a JC WQ 6 uncommen gems i brought off the AH (aroung 200g worth) made a neck and got 5 bloods of sargeras (blood of sargeras go for about 450g, Fjarniskagl are about 45g each crafting somewhat similar) my gain from this WQ was around 2050g Who are you paying to plan this stuff that's deciding that's about fair and even? My JC gets a rare gem every 2 days in the Dala JC shop, will you be adding a click the chunks off the Chaos Crystal soon? I kid, I make far more from my enchanter than my JC, some reason the JCers have not been keeping the 450g difference between cut and uncuts recentlyKevjp1 19 Mar
18 Mar Alchemy dead in 7.2 ? Would this item kill Alchemy ? http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=147707/repurposed-fel-focuserCiziks6 18 Mar
18 Mar Make Secondary Proffesions ...... Account Shared ! Its about time for such a change that is needed , that or give us the ability to unlearn them if we choice tooMetalhoof0 18 Mar
18 Mar Pocket Training dummy idea. i think having a pocket training dummy from engineering would be cool ? What do you guys think ? or Armored training dummy from blacksmithing.Gulbrand1 18 Mar
17 Mar [Inscription] Vantus Rune Ursoc 3 It has been almost (if not more) 2 months. I wonder if is there any inscriptor like me that misses that specific rank 3 vantus rune. I started Legion a bit late, but I am doing WQs almost every day. Rank 3 Ursoc VR is obtainable only by WQ in Highmountain as far I know. I've seen loads of vantus rune quests for xavius, nythendra, eye etc., but havent met Ursoc one so far. Is this world quest bugged? Or rng is tricking me once more? Anyone can confirm this quest is obtainable but invisible on map or something?Violationer2 17 Mar
17 Mar Advice please Hello ppls. I want to grow enchanting. What profession is best with enchanting to learn to? Thank you!Frostizy4 17 Mar
15 Mar Herbalism Felwort and Aehtril proc bug Whenever you gather a Felwort and your Aethril rank 3 proc on it, and spawns another Felwort, you cannot gather it !? Like what the hell It happened for like 20th time ?! This is ridiculous bug and I wrote a ticket Blizzard didn't even respond. So I'm making a topic with the hope they will take a look at it ! Because it's really f*cking annoying ! FIX IT ALREADYFrostanxiety0 15 Mar
15 Mar What professions for raiding? What profession combo is best for PvE/Raids? Explain why it's good for what so i can learn for the future. (Lore wise) what professions for Undead Warlock?Derfla14 15 Mar
15 Mar Lost 3-rd star I have changing professions for a wile just to test something, and when I reacquire herbalism I had 3-rd star missing for roses only, other stars were OK, skill was starting over, but it is normal. Is profession book returns all Legion stars or randomly just some of them? Is it normal to lose a star when changing professions? Those 3-rd star quests are repeatable or this is a bug?Otrovata3 15 Mar
15 Mar Which pots share cooldowns? Seems like certain potions share cd with others, for example healthstone seems to share cd with ancient healing potions while ancient healing potion seems to share cd with skystep potion, deadly grace etc. On the other hand you have ancient rejuvenation potion which doesnt seem to share cd with anything so it is really useful for double healing pot for 1m heal. Do all utility/damage pots share cd with ancient healing potion?Ràlph1 15 Mar
15 Mar Tailoring 800 Bloodtotem Saddle Blanket Has anyone figured out what this item do?Lightjuice2 15 Mar
15 Mar No communication on Profession issues. Seriously. I understand this is EU forums, and we should not really expect great communication from devs responsible for professions design, but STILL. Will it help if we consolidate all the bugs and issues found with many professions, so you can just provide that pure feedback to the devs and then come back to us with answers? I will list what I personally consider bugs and/or severe issues with professions, having all professions on 800 across alts (except JC at 790): 1. Most of Profession-related Work Order World Quests in Val'Sharah and Highmountain have not appeared since October. And this isn't just the case where the WQ doesn't appear on the map, but is in fact there - I've been checking on my alts that still need some rank 3 recipes daily. That includes 2 work orders on fish (Val'Sharah and Highmountain one) and pretty much every single work order for every profession - vantus runes, enchants, crafted gear. Notably, the fishing world quests (those that aren't work orders) appear just fine in those 2 zones. 2. Shark riding fishing quest is still required for the meta-achievement yet has never appeared. I'm playing the Russian game client, so I'm not certain regarding the name of this quest. Please correct me with the real name of this quest. 3. Shoulder rank 3 recipes requiring RBG wins is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with 'rarity'. Make it even more rare than it is now, but make it a reward from RANDOM BGs, not RATED BGs. Every single recipe that requires various group content can be obtained through the LFG tool - LFR, dungeon finder, soon even the mythic dungeons will be more trivial. Even now, though people need to actually form a group for mythic 5mans (for some rank 3 recipes), it is incomparable to the dedication and time investment required to simply DELVE into the RBG process, yet alone start winning, yet alone get enough wins to receive the recipes. 4. Infernal Brimstone Rank 2 is definitely bugged. Yes, RNG is RNG, but I've not heard of any single person since september who got the quest for rank 2. Felwort and Felhide rank 2 usually proc within 1-2 weeks, and people have been doing the Brimstone WQs for almost half a year now without seeing the rank 2 recipe. Let me know if I forgot something important, I will add it to this list.Беато7 15 Mar
15 Mar Felwort stealing I know this will probably be a topic of flaming and trolling. I just need to get this off my chest. Earlier today I spent around 30k gold buying Felwort Seed. I went to my usual spot to plant them, and when I have done this before I have always been alone so I didn't give it alot of thought, so I planted all the seeds I bought. All of the sudden this random player comes along and steals around 75% of all my Felwort. I know I was stupid for not thinking further ahead, but there should really be a restriction for those seed plantings. For example that only people in your group/party can pick them up or something like that. I know in this expansion 30k isn't alot of money for most, but it is alot of money for me. There should really be some kind of solution to this.Nybcrox8 15 Mar
14 Mar Crafting? Crafting? Nothing to say here.Manbag0 14 Mar
13 Mar Fastest way to level fishing? Hey! Are there any other ways than just to fish from zone to zone? Thanks for any helpful advice!Orwathar13 13 Mar
13 Mar Our Man in Azsuna Our Man in Azsuna. While my Engineering is 700/800 I am not getting offered any follow quests. Any ideas?Repal1 13 Mar
12 Mar For anyone with 800 blacksmithing/mount How would I farm this mount on multiple characters? How long does it take to get the mount once?Vaz1 12 Mar
12 Mar Bum? i have no profession, i just bum around is goldshire mostly..Johnsonz0 12 Mar
12 Mar Alchemy mastery Hey there. Long time player who's come back after a three years break. It seems that with every expansion that has been released, Blizzard seem to have a need to radically change everything that has to do with the professions. Legion doesn't seem to be an exception. With the ranking system of your recpies, I was curious to know whether the alchemy specializations, like elixir mastery, does still proc extra flasks when you are below rank 3? I tried looking for some information on the forums and on wowhead, but I couldnt find anything that helped me. Thanks in advance guys!Deliena2 12 Mar
11 Mar Cooking broken Just noticed that Nightborne Delicacy Platter on Twisting Nether is much cheaper just buy from AH than make yourself..... I just counted if i needed to buy 20xgems for Nighborne Delicacy platter it costed 1000g and one others making the price per food 153G... That doesnt even include fish and others... Those i can get myself.. You just buy that food for 92,1G per stack. ITS INSANSE!! With herbalism it would make sense (or not with time consumed)Akatsugi2 11 Mar
11 Mar Best gold making profession currently? (7.1.5) 03/04/17 titleCrimerider8 11 Mar