Story

04 Jan 2016 Story Forum "Guidelines" and Suggestions We've adapted the description of this forum to include Fan Fiction, and we encourage you to share your stories here! This rest of this post is taken from Nethaera's thread on the US forums: I know more than a few people have been asking if there are guidelines to posting in these forums. The answer is yes and no both. Confusing, I know, but you'll understand once I explain. First, if you are sharing a story here, it should be fictional and set in the Warcraft universe. Can you break canon? Yes. It's your story. Just please try not to go too far afield. Your audience will appreciate some semblance of familiarity. Next, you've asked about just how far language, sexual themes, or violent themes can go, so I'll explain here. Keep in mind, the forum Code of Conduct still applies. Also, keep in mind the rating (T for Teen) as well. When you want a good example story, please take a look at Blizzard's own for World of Warcraft. That should give you a good comparison for your own tales. Use your best judgement. If you ask yourself, "Is this too far?", it just might be and you might want to consider doing another editing pass. While not everyone may agree on taste, try to keep it as tasteful as possible. If you're sharing a story, it may be a good idea to put "complete" at the bottom of your story if it takes more than one post to tell it. We know there are restrictions on the forums that may hinder you a bit, but this may give you the room to post without someone jumping in before you're done and so that the reader knows they are reading a "finished" (we all know no story is ever really finished) piece of work. Authors may also want to express at the bottom of their completed tale if they are open to constructive feedback. Some may not want feedback other than to hear if someone enjoyed it and some may be looking for others to help them hone their skills. The best way to solicit either is to make it clear what you would like. "Constructive feedback welcome." If you are a reader, please be considerate. If you didn't like a story or liked it, then sharing constructive feedback is fine. But, please make sure you do it in a way that isn't insulting to the author if the author has asked for or made it clear they are open to feedback. Most importantly, we all know that these types of efforts are very personal to the author. I'd like to ask authors not to take feedback too personally and likewise for those that give constructive feedback. Please don't make it personal. Personal attacks are definitely not OK here. This is largely 'your' forum to make of what you like in the end. While we have the power to moderate and help mold, the shape of it all is largely up to you and what you make of it as a community. *I've left this thread open on purpose so that any additional etiquette discussions or questions could be kept here. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.Takralus8 04 Jan 2016
29m RIP Stephon I swear when i'll get a new computer,i'm going to raid and camp sylvannas in Undercity so much that she'll prefer the agony of the void.Khâmul145 29m
2h The Kor'kron needs to be re-instated! The Kor'kron, the hand of the Warchief and his military protection unit, was increased severely when the Blackrock clan gained amnesty in Orgrimmar. Malkorok of the Blackrock clan became the Director and it's chief. While Vol'jin, who could not trust the Kor'kron since it was widely known that not many in it held any high opinion of him, so he disbanded it foolishly. The Kor'kron was a great institution who was established by Thrall and served him well in many of his greater missions and later also Garrosh Hellscream. They were in the front when Garrosh entered into the Icecrown territory and more than once proved their worth. We need to bring the Kor'kron back. While I understand that Lady Sylvanas doesn't care much for orcish traditions and rather uses her Dark Rangers as her private security warband, she still could recreate the Kor'kron or allow the former head of the Kor'kron, Varok Saurfang, to recreate and train new recruits. To say that all Kor'kron died in the Siege would be to delude yourself. While many of it's survivors joined up with Zaela later, there would realisticly be atleast a handful of them still left in Orgrimmar, since it's a pretty huge city lorewise. And things like this is important for the lore too. I hope that they do more quests and evolves the story in our cities and for each factions lore the next expansion, instead of just sending us to Argus were there will be a set of new races we couldn't care less about and a story that isn't story-friendly. Since they seem to direct their content to 12 of age and under, it doesn't look promising for us older players.Ernstx9 2h
2h What's the Horde part in future My question is, with Anduin leading the forces of light in the future, what's the Horde part of it? Horde hasn't been "that" faction for the light per say, more about shamanism. I wonder what role Horde plays in the future? Are we doomed to be Alliance sidekick because Horde as a faction can't compete with the big boy Alliance on holy terms, but we are still forced to roll with it? Where the !@#$ is Thrall's kid, he should be guided by the Horde, the Horde IS Thrall's legacy, and with Thrall gone being depressed and leaving the Horde, can't we put SOME sence Into Saurfang or Eitrigg, or heck even Sylvanas can take that kid on a tour.Jonaske1 2h
4h Priest campaign question *SPOILER* Hi, So I am doing the class hall quest line and just been to asked to ask the Paladins to help us. I was a bit surprised that they even had to debate helping the priests. Is not the Paladin way to protect life? Especially where the priest and there temple are involved?? I always thought of Paladin's as being the good guys and saviors and protector of the innocent. Yet if they say no then the priest's and the temple will be destroyed. It felt strange that basically my char was there and almost begging them for help. Am I missing something? Would it not make sense for the Pallies to jump to our aid, especially Alliance ones?Tarkwin7 4h
6h Where is Jaina theory If any of you actually played a mage right? There is a quest where you go into a kirin tor member's room/house and confescate a book where khadgar says that he is going to check it out..He is also the only one who knows how to use the obliteration furnace or whatever it's called..He is also the one that sends you to the quests including fel..So i have a theory that jaina knows that he is a dreadlord and is making a plan that will bring him down to his knees before the kirin tor and bite him in the butt..Persen9 6h
8h Illidan VS Malfurion I always wondered why Illidan is the one always being "punished", while Malfurion did similar or greater bad acts towards the world? Illidan absorbing the power from the Skull of Gul'dan to be strong enough to save his people and Felwood from Tichondrius (partially to feed his own lust for power ofcourse). He gets a demonic form, kills Tichondrius, and Malfurion banishes him based on his appearance? Malfurion BLOWS UP the world tree Nordrasssil. Sure it survived (lucky him), but he gets NO punishment at all. Is nightelven society really that deranged? Or are they just Malfurion/Tyrande worshippers? New nightelf starting area kinda proofs that they hid the fact WHY Fandral suddenly dissapeared from Darnassus (Stormrage events). Showing that Malfurion doesn't have the balls to tell his people the other went insane because of manipulation by the Nightmare...... Let's kill Malfurion (and Tyrande) and get rid of the "corruption" in Nightelven leadership.Meirru16 8h
9h Archimonde has so little lore compared to Kil'jaeden Did anyone notice this? Aside from his backstory with Thal'kiel (which was very interesting btw, and depicted Archimonde's rise to power on Argus), his defeat during Warcraft 3 and his laughable death in WoD, Archimonde has not received much lore, compared to his best buddy Kil'jaeden who is behind every Warcraft game and will return in this patch. Hopefully we will see Archimonde again in Legion, and hopefully the Mythic ending of HFC was not canon. Archimonde was always the guy who was there just to be defeated by the good guys, we never really got the chance to explore him as a character, unlike Kil'jaeden, which received lot of development in the 7.2's trailer alone.Lollarr15 9h
10h Illidan will die? Xe'ra, the naaru says to the player that her mission is to find "the child of light and shadow, the one destined to end the age of demons". Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but because Illidan is part demon due to being a DH, could that mean he will ultimately sacrifice himself? Was hoping someone more knowledgable than myself of the lore could answer :)Chungko15 10h
12h So where is the Horde equvilent of 7.2 story? (spoiler) So those who did the the new part of 7.2 questline last week, Alliance players specifically, got the quest which advanced Anduin Wrynn's plot and finally bridged the gap between beginning of expansion and his comic. So here's the million dollar question: What about the Horde counterpart? Where's Sylvannas' contemplation of inevitable oblivion and weather or not she'll choose the because and actual leader who looks after the people she leads, or will she remain a self-centered jack and do whatever it costs so she doesn't join Arthas in oblivion? Because the Anduin questline WAS datamined, just the cinematic wasn't put into the game until the patch day as to avoid spoilers. But Horde? Nothing ? Anything? Or was the shortstory that was reacently released... IT?Karhog49 12h
18h We need people for our machinima team! Introduction Hello guys! I'm jpfaple and I'm one of the owners of the WoW machinima team: Nightrealm. The story We want to make a series based on the story of Uther the Lightbringer, who he was and how he became a paladin, all up to his death. This way, people without knowing much of the WoW lore can still understand and enjoy the stories WoW has to offer without spending too much time reading his lore and just understanding half of it. Who do we need? So, basically we need people on our team: Voice actor's, camera men, body actor's, artists, music makers, etc... So please sign-up! You don't have to be a professional voice actor to join, if you can talk into your microphone, then thats okay! There are still alot of main characters that are available: Varian (kid) Uther the lightbringer etc... You need to sign this form to sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/2OUqCy8NXxsUTDxg1 More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpV6cM7JeEwJpfaple9 18h
19h The Horde is evil again. Here is the proof. According to the new story "The Dark Mirror" Sylvanas tormented the Argent Crusade knight to give to Nathanos a new body. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/story/short-story/dark-mirror This is how Nathanos changed his appearance in Legion. Yeah, forsaken are evil and they are not different from the Scourge. Shame on you guys if you play a forsaken, because all your "heroic" deeds are meaningless coz you are pure evil.Alleriya134 19h
19h Thrall is missing!!?? Hello! Can somebody tell me why Thrall wasn't there when Vol'jin died (in the video)?Csetkáka5 19h
1d Are you happy with your Warchief? I dislike Sylvanas becoming warchief for a few reasons. She is selfish and dishonorable. I used to like her when she was the shadowy figure that didnt give a crap about Horde. And her becoming warchief felt stupid and unlogical to me because nobody trusted her. Almost any other faction leaders would make me happier (Baine,Saurofang,Lothemar......hell even Gallywix). But Iam an Alliance player and I wonder are you happy with her being chosen to lead your people?Darkdir534 1d
1d King Anduin Wrynn Cinematic Spoilers ahead for the Broken Shore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8CTBkQ0lI This is the cinematic, which plays when you finished the questline with Anduin. In my personal opinion: The best cinematic in Legion, even though it's a little bit cliché , with Anduin rising up and the sword starts to glow but it works pretty well. Genn showing his fatherly side, Varian who appears as a ghost/vision and of course the kick !@# soundtrack for Anduin. And something small: I never felt more "proud" being part of the Alliance (how proud you can be for a fantasy group).Annilena42 1d
1d Who the Fel is Blackhand? So I've been squatting up on the new Draenor Lore that came from Chronicles Part 2. I noticed a weird inconsistency: So we all know Blackhand lead the first Horde on Draenor into Azeroth; we also know that factually speaking the Draenor in WoD essentially represents Draenor prior to it's destruction by Gul'Dans Horde and Ner'zuhl portal party. But we now have atleast three distinctive versions of Blackhand running around but...who is the real one? 1. WC1/WC2/WoW:TBC http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Doomhammer_Presents_the_Head_of_Blackhand.jpg https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/4/4e/Blackhand_Chess_Artwork.jpg?version=bedb4e764347e659cb1866889f01fd21 2. WoD https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/e/ec/Blackhand_with_Doomhammer.jpg?version=28a830097bf1082eda1116e2c21f8ef0 https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/e/e0/Blackhand_by_Cyrus_Caine.jpg?version=4d81d92dc899dd7e9f52286f353a2182 3. WCTM/Chronicles https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/1/19/Blackhand_mounted_%28film%29.jpg?version=8d1243fbe7930df4a43dba20df536f63 https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/8/85/Chronicle2_Blackhand.jpg?version=7133be7685f0ef140d9c8c15ffb6f5b1 I know that Chronicles ultimately decided to move away from the WoD design for undisclosed reasons given how absolutely amazing the design was; we can only assume it had something to do with trying to push the Movie. Still we've no definitive answer on which was the real blackhand; the Green skinned Antlered King, the White Giant or the man with the tattooed fist.Tagolohu7 1d
1d Illidan now twice as strong? Please correct me if im wrong at some point. So Illidan got a large chunk of his powers way way back then by consuming Gul'dans Skull, and now after seeing the Nighthold End Cinematic we can see that he is consuming WoD-Gul'dan who maybe was even more powerful and not just a skull but a full mass orc again. Wouldnt that make him incredibly powerful again? Like the most powerful being born in Azeroth? Im very curious.. Maybe thats stated in 7.2 but i couldnt play the content yet.Mefistila6 1d
1d "My life is dedicated to destroy the BL" Are Demon Hunters the most misguided faction in Azeroth? Wouldn't it be more logical to dedicate your life to destroy the void and maybe as a side job repel burning legion? Even tho the Burning Legion is as of right now the biggest threat to us, they are also the biggest threat to the Void Lords, which are in the long run also our biggest threat. Are Demon Huntards just stoopid? (Note: This has nothing to do with metamorphosis).Warferno6 1d
2d War of the Ancients (timetravel) Hello. I decided to look up some lore upon Queen Azshara and noticed this line on WoWwiki. ...All three commanded and watched over the Legion and would have prevailed had it not been for the efforts of three night elves: Malfurion Stormrage, the druid; Illidan Stormrage, the sorcerer and twin to Malfurion; and Tyrande Whisperwind, the priestess; as well as three heroes from far into the future: a dragonmage in elf form, a skilled human wizard, and a seasoned orc warrior. Question is, how could they come from the future and save the day? What happened in the first timeline where there was no one from the future fighting the demons in the past? I don't really know what to look for if this questino has been asked before, if anyone knows, could you please provide a link? Thank's.Fenstermache24 2d
3d Shouldn't the dragons be helping out? I know the aspects lost most of the powers. Yet I cannot understand why the Reds and Bronze etc are not on the Broken Shore helping us out. They were tasked as the guardians of Azeroth and played a big role in WOA and other things. Even without the aspect powers should they not be at least helping? I don't buy the whole our job is done thing. Alex is life binder, its in her blood to help? Kalec does not really count as he doing stuff for the Kirin Tor. Curious really.Ázkeban24 3d
3d What is the strongest class? What is the strongest class? Warlock Warrior Shaman Mage Demon Hunter Hunter Rogue Priest Monk Death Knight Druid Paladin If they would all go free for all and they are all the highest trained/skilled in their class, who would win? who would die? because i remember Gul'dan just killing a lot of enemies with just a flick of the wrist.Fronicles36 3d
3d If the Legion were to attack a capital city Which would stand more chance against it? My guesses are Silvermoon City (if the Ban'dinoriel can still be summoned) and Ironforge. The reasons for this is that the Ban'dinoriel couldn't be broken by the Amani and Orcish Warlocks combined, so i doubt the Legion would find a way to lower it, unless they have a traitor inside the city. As for Ironforge, its gates are extremely resistant and the stronghold wasn't breached once in its long history.Lollarr16 3d
3d Decimated faction pride I enjoyed faction pride as a Horde, but god damn did you guys butcher everything the Horde stands for, both Players and developers alike. First off, let me start with the downfall of the Horde: bombing of Theramore. I see Players on the Horde side complaining about this event. How it was morally wrong for them to do so. Do these kind of Players realise Horde always was the less morally faction of the two? Trolls practise cannibalism, orcs pretty much are a warlike race, forsaken are a vile and evil bunch. Those who complained about Theramore getting what was coming to them should just reroll Alliance and realise that the faction they play doesn't represent them as a person who they are in real life... Comparison: Horde lost the war ultimately because the superpower called the Alliance invaded their main capital because of the traitor vol'jin. Horde lost the dragonmaw clan and the blackrock clan as allies while the Alliance get to keep their counterparts, the wildhammer clan and the dark iron clan. Kor'kron forces are no more while the Alliance still has the 7th Legion at their command. Warlords of Draenor ruined Orcish lore. The Orcish clans were still a vital part of the Horde, with the warsong, the shattered hand, the burning blade clan, the frostwolf clan and the shadow council all adapting their laws to be part of Thrall's Horde. How can you, as a Horde go back in time to slaughter these guys without reasoning with them first? Thank vol'jin for being such a !@#$, I wish you could leave him to die in that MoP scenario. Horde always as to suffer so the grand Alliance can feel useful and cool. I mean look at the god damn broken shores intro... Damn the way they are going with this expansion and storyline, in the end the Horde will always be the little sidekick of the true superhero, the Alliance.Asjon18 3d
3d Sylvanas should get a class change I already posted this in the General subforum months ago, but it seems to no longer have any traction, so I'm posting it here instead (because it is more appropriate for this subforum anyways) while also linking the original topic here as well. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614764395?page=1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yes, you heard me right. This is another Sylvanas thread. And yes, you also heard that one right- she should change character class. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she's an undead ranger. Her repertoire includes cursed arrowheads and shadow magic that eats away at her opponent's lifeforce, while vanishing from sight and appearing elsewhere, firing her arrows with unerring accuracy. When fighting her as Alliance, she can even summon skeletons, though this is hardly ever shown elsewhere. However, I find faults at her lacking skill-set. Given the fact that she is "The Dark Lady" and queen of the Forsaken, she should've mastered the art of necromancy- which she has yet to do- a long time ago. At the end of the day, she is just a banshee possessing a corpse, and has her underlings do all the raising for her, be it necromancers or val'kyries. As the Queen of the Forsaken, the Dark Lady and the supposed Queen of the Dead, she sure is lacking in the necromantic department. As her stature demands, she should lay down her bow for a while and begin studying. She should pick up a staff and her spellbook, and begin casting and chanting instead of shooting and performing acrobatics. Not mastering necromancy, not being able to raise countless hordes at a whim does not do for a supposed "Queen of the Dead". It only makes her an overrated undead archer. Hell, with Scholomance so near (and captured by players so long ago) she should be in no shortage of necromantic spellbooks and academic lore. She is literally surrounded by necromantic academics that could teach her the arts. So Blizzard, I implore you: it doesn't have to be forever, and it doesn't have to be this expansion or the next. But please, take my advice and turn Sylvanas, the Queen of the Forsaken, into an actual necromantic, staff-wielding powerhouse, some time in the future. An undead faction rests on the head of their faction, and there is certainly something wrong with it when the leader can only raise a few skellies on occasion. A true necromantic force to be reckoned with would be one that could raise dead- human, elf, orc, dragon, it doesn't matter- for miles and miles around, and control them all separately- a feat so far only achieveved by the Lich King, in the Warcraft universe. Make the change, and you will see that Sylvanas can and will be a better character from it.Ellieth27 3d
3d Coilskar Naga and Azshara Hi all Does anyone know how the Illidari Naga and Lady S'theno feel towards Queen Azshara and her forces? Has anything been hinted or stated about their current relationship?Tanariá3 3d
3d Why I am so unlucky? I've been playing since 2005 and as far as I can remember, I've been jumping between classes and characters alot. I pick one class for a few weeks and then visit a major city, inspect people and I'm like 'wow, this guy looks cool, I want to be like him!' and I'm off to creating new character. Vicious cycle, especially that I'd love to commit to one toon, I just don't really know how. How do you guys manage to pick your main? How can you be so lucky,unlike me that i cant stick to one character? !@#$ me ! :(Bladewen13 3d
4d The Horde Is Evil! The Horde is Evil...I am not talking about the Fel Horde, Old Horde or Iron Horde.... I am talking about the Horde itself.......Here are my points.... Orcs..... As Turaliyon once said....Orcs do not have connection with a Holy Light. That is why we never see an orc paladin or well known orc priest. They are the one who willingly exterminated the drainei and they proved that they could do it without a demon blood (in WoD)...Orcs indeed have many similarities with demons. Mannaroth once said to Grommash. When in your heart, you know, we are the same! . Just as demons, orcs seek destruction and total annihilation. Here is the quote of Orgrimm the most respected orc warchief of Horde. ... Garrosh the one who wanted to make Kalimdor only for Orcs was always saying to Thrall that he is not a True Orc. So what it means to be a true orc? Forsaken Forsaken is another name of evolved Scourge.Golbitga313 4d
5d Which faction has the most enjoyable story line ? I recently got back to WoW and decided to play as a Pandaren, but, as i am not really a long time player i have litterally never played alliance and i'm scared to make the wrong choice, by choosing Horde because i already have characters in it, and alliance, because most of the people i have been asking this talked about a case of favoritism for the horde by blizzard, and i don't wanna get bored into the alliance, so i'm askin it to you folks, which faction has the most interesting and enjoyable story line and questsLusongchi10 5d
5d Keeping the warcraft theme What happen to ancent enchanted forests old castles spooky graveyards knights wizards and monsters. Now we have green fel all over the place floating city's and spaceships in the sky with demon hunters zipping around like half naked gimps. I Really hope blizzard on the next expansion have a more traditional approach to the theme of the game I really can't take much more of this expansion I feel exhausted just look at it.Greyalt10 5d
6d WHICH CHARACTER DO YOU WANT TO BE KILLED IN LEGION? Personally I want khadgar to die because he thinks he is hard. He also takes the spotlight for every patch. Please Blizzard Kill Khadgar. Who do you want to die next?Mogrâiné59 6d
6d Anduin a paladin now? Is anduin bwcomming a paladin? I just read/saw New Comic: World of Warcraft: Legion #4 - "Anduin: Son of the Wolf" Blizzard has released the next Legion comic in the series! And he used judgement on The demon. Isnt blizzard all about class identity atm...Duelist37 6d
6d New races for Alliance and Horde Hello all, I had thought of this idea since the beginning of my WoW adventure on my first account during the early beginnings of WOTLK. Although it might sound familiar, I think there could be great potential. High elves for the Alliance. Naga for the horde. Let me tell you why. The High Elves were always allies of the alliance. They fought with the alliance during the 2nd war and the third. They are still quite involved in the stories of WoW and are actually my favourite race in WoW. They are the lost child of the alliance atm, living in Stormwind, Dalaran and formally Theramore. Since the destruction of Theramore, we of the alliance have one less 'city' of importance throughout Kalimdor. Although some players do not know the actual importance of Theramore during the rise of Orgrimmar, the WoW version of Theramore looked like 'an hub', nothing more and nothing less. I read that the High Elves are trying to become 'distinct' from their Sin'dorei brothers and sisters, whom they despise for their 'evil' doings. It is also stated that the physical appearance of the Sin'dorei altered when they became blood elves after absorbing too much fell energies. This gives ground to have the High Elf race as an original race within WoW. To think of the new lore possibilities I really like the idea of them finding a new home. I had dreamed (im serious about this) about them having a city in the clouds, a bit like Dalaran, but truly unique in appearance and lore. This city could be situated above an Island starting zone close to the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor. I also liked the idea of having Alleria Windrunner as their new faction leader and having Vareesa Windrunner lead of the Silver Covenant (who remain having close ties with the Kirin Tor) The name for their new home would be Anthelas (New home). And their capital could be named Silversky city ('couch' 'couch'). I would like to hear any idea's you guys have :D. For the Naga, the reason I want to see them playable is their immense lore they have. The reason I have set them among the Horde is their relation with the Blood Elves, mainly during TFT. Their hatred with the Night Elves remains, but they are less aggresive against them.They would be a splinter faction that has rebelled against Aszhara and the Old Golds, having seen the madness they want to summon to Azeroth (Sargaras). Or they have broken free from the mental prison they have been after the pact of Aszhara and the Old Gods. They could have a new home in what I believe to be remnants of the broken isles, a tropical environment. Their capital could be part above water and under water. The naga however are like the undead a feared faction. And as a new naga player you need to earn your rights as a new member of the Horde by gaining trust of the Orcs, Tauren, Trolls and Pandaran. The Goblins only see money in them and do not care very much about them joining. For the physical appearance I have thought about two forms, the sea naga form and the land walker naga form, giving the ability to walk fast over land. Their form might have changed after an large event (maybe the Old Gods caused it). I hope you guys like these idea's, please do respond ^^Thalthor133 6d
6d The Huge Mountain in Southeast Feralas Hi, There's a very high mountain at the border of Feralas, Thousand Needles, Un'Goro Crater and Silithus. I was wondering if that mountain has a name. Maybe mentioned somewhere such as a Warcraft book, a quest, an NPC dialog, a lore video etc. Thanks for any ideas.Eom3 6d
6d Where is Sargeras original body He put himself inside an avatar on Azeroth, where is his original vessel and why can't he enter it?Gód29 6d
15 Apr Illidan wielding different warglaives, why? I noticed one thing recently that was kinda odd about Illidan. After we defeat Gul'dan in the Nighthold, if you walk up to him you can see he's wielding his classic warglaives of Azzinoth. In the new dungeon Cathedral of eternal night, however, he is wielding the green recolor of the Havoc Demon Hunter artifact challenge transmog, "Flamereaper". I like Illidan and his lore a lot so I just wondered if he abandoned his old weapons for some reason, as in "they're tainted" or whatever, or if this is just a mistake by the developers. What do you guys think?Arnathon10 15 Apr
15 Apr Did Arthas truly commit treason? Prince Arthas arrived at Lordaeron, celebrated a hero. But when he killed his father, he succeeded Terenas as King of Lordaeron, so really his word was law after that moment. He is a traitor, no question about it. The biggest traitor in this game. But did he commit treason in any legal sense? I'm not sure.Sylaz8 15 Apr
15 Apr paladins and priests...and holy light in lore Hello which class is...stronger in light/has better connection with light? Is it indifferent and is it only question of belief or not? I throught priests are better/stronger in light becouse they doesn't have to train with weapons and armor so they can spend more time in church and learn more about light :D but i read somewhere that paladins are infused with the Light and priests only channels the power of the Light so aren't paladins better becouse they are "closer"(well imo when you are infused with something it is better than only channel that thing) to the light than priests?Gortarius6 15 Apr
15 Apr Difference between the Nether and Great Dark Beyond? Okay, can anyone explain the difference to me? It feels like in Legion both of them are used mutually, without any difference. When Xe'ra speaks to you for the first time, she says that your mind was teleported to the Great Dark Beyond...the real space, at least that's what I thought. However, we jump ahead into the 7.2 trailer and Kil'jaeden talks to Sargeras...and the background uses the exact same skybox. We don't even have to jump that far: Look out of the windows of the priest order hall and you also see the same thing (with more rocks flying around, but well). Or Viz'aduum in Karazhan who currently gathers his army of star destroyers in space? In the the Nether? Also Outland apparently is in the Great Dark Beyond. So...does it have something like Mass Effect fields (the people who played the game know what I mean) or some other magical stuff that it can maintain an atmosphere and breathable air? Originally I thought that->Great Dark Beyond=Space, Nether=Astral plane like Chaos from Warhammer.Keydiam10 15 Apr
15 Apr The Burning Legion ain't so bad Why Blizz is insisting the legion invasion is a threat to Azeroth? I mean they opened a portal on some islands in the middle of nothing, pushed back our initial assault and then what? For months they build up their forces undisturbed, prepare to conquer this world and what did they achieved? They failed in every zone on the broken isles. They will fail The broken shore too. We will take over the Tomb of Sargeras and counter-attack them. Why should we care for some losers that are uncapable to put the slightest resistance. Kil'Jaeden even summoned big fleet with the intention to destroy Dalaran and what? - nothing.... All worlds will burn :D The third invasion is possibly the smallest threat we faced ever. Why should i care about them if they are not a bigger threat than a bunch of Murloc tribes invading some orcish outpost in Stranglethorn. They are just minor inconvenience. Compare them with Deathwing, Garrosh, The Lich king The burning legion - "the most ambitious, least successful conquerors of the universe"Khagh11 15 Apr
15 Apr The scourge returns What's with all the necromancy of threads lately? some are five or more years old.Gromdahk2 15 Apr
15 Apr Alleria return in Legion? I havent watched any beta gameplay and at blizzcon they said she and Turalyon will return , i wonder how will Alleria react to Sylvanas fate? She loved her sisters more then anything , will she accept Sylvanas as she is yet Alleria hate orcs to bones?Casthiel15 15 Apr
14 Apr Question about Illidan in Legio I would like to know if Illidan from TBC is now a retcon? Or did blizzard always have this path in mind for him? Not sure if they just made new story up or if they always intended for him to be the good guy.Ázkeban11 14 Apr
14 Apr Monk Races So I'm looking to make a Horde Monk as my alt and as pivotal to the player class version of a Monk as the Pandaren are I am firmly of the belief that other races have had Monk like characters historically as let's look to the real world. Unarmed combat systems didn't originate in the East and only appear in the west thanks to Chinese immigration; with that in mind Which Horde race do people think would make from a Lore perspective the most likely to have originated their own form of Monk?Noswahu11 14 Apr
14 Apr According to Blizzard Stalin was a true hero 1. Stalin was bloodthirsty dictator who used slaves and murdered those who opposed his plans. Illidan was a bloodthirsty dictator who used slaves and murdered those who opposed his plans. 2. Stalin fought against a force that wanted to incinerate his homeland and slaughter his people. Illidan fought against a force that wanted to incinerate his homeland and slaughter his people. 3. Stalin made deals with that force and was their ally for a time. Illidan made deals with that force and was their ally for a time. 4. Stalin ruled a land ruined and devasted by a war. Illidan ruled a land ruined and devasted by a war. Conclusion: If Illidan is a good guy according to Blizzard so was Stalin. Good job, Blizz, you literally whitewashed a mass murderer, and made us feel guilty for trying to stop his murder spree.Lorthaer27 14 Apr
14 Apr Shamans and technology So lorewise what is a 'proper' shaman's stance on technology? (if there is one) i've noticed lore hints implying that the dwarven wildhammer clan is using shamanism because they rejected the traditional dwarven industrial culture and chose to live close to nature is this generic? what do shamans think of technology? do they rival/loathe it? do they consider it useless? are they indifferent to it? could they embrace it along with shamanism?Cyanu7 14 Apr
14 Apr Archimonde, Illidan and Kil'Jaedan Am I the only one that wants to see these amazing characters back in WoW? Archimonde: This guy is total badass I absolutaly love this character possibly my favorite character in the Warcraft universe. He just looks so badass such an intelligent being very powerful its a shame he was brought down by wisps :( But I bet Blizzard can bring him back somehow :D That would be awesome.. Archimonde: "Hyjal was merely a setback" maybe? ;) Illidan: Do I really have to say anything? This guy is like one of the most loved and bad-!@# characters in the Warcraft Universe. Bringing him back would be awesome because the Black Temple raid was kinda.. not as epic as I'd like it to be for this amazing character so he feels.. like there was something missing. LK and Deathwing had amazing cinematics and cut scenes while Illidan just .. died and tahts it xD Kil'Jaedan: OK this guy is not dead I know that for a fact. He wasn't killed and it would seem as though he is still alive plotting his revenge and his comeback possibly another Burning Legion invasion? The Burning Legion are by far the most bad-$%^ awesome faction in Warcraft. So many great characters, such cool looking demons I really hope he returns.. Honestly if Blizzard announced a Burning Legion expansion again after MoP I would literally go absolutaly crazy. I gotta say TBC was an exciting exp then WotLK was also very exciting exp Cataclysm was a little meh.. dragons whatever lol and MoP is like hmm interesting.. The Burning Legion feels like there is so many pltoholes and so much story missing I mean Sargeras, Kil'jaeden etc.. still feel empty and not finished I would literally KILL to see TBC part 2 oh and also ARCHIMONDE THAT GUY IS A BAD--*!!! BRING THIS BEAST BACK TO LIFE!!Rattle24 14 Apr
13 Apr Goldshire Encounters (A NEW SERIES) Hey there, many of you already know that Goldshire on Argent Dawn and Moonglade is infested. In this short series made by myself, it features five main characters. Samuel Wilsen, Lambert Atherton, Adaline Doveing, Thargrin Frostwraught and Father Doug. Please watch them in order as it would make no sense otherwise. This is my first time doing in-game videos, leave a like if you liked the video and let me know if you want more! I had fun making these :) I'm going to link Part 3, just click on my YouTube to find 1 and 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_1L4XeQMwGrathius5 13 Apr
13 Apr Where is sylvanas? As a role player i find it quite disrespectful that our new warchief isn't even bothered to show up to ogrimmar and say hi. Last we of her she was fighting Genn Greymane and thats it. Will we ever see her again?Gonrund84 13 Apr
12 Apr Zerg VS Legion VS Azeroth Who do you guys think would win in an all-out total war between Kerrigan's Swarm, the Legion, or the combined forces of Azeroth?Yovelapaw8 12 Apr
12 Apr Magatha Grimtotem as shaman champion? Is this a bad joke blizzard? Or did you forget the hole Cairne bloodhoof storyline. You might see her as the starting point of the civil war inside the Horde and the downfall of Garrosh. And you turn her into a champion, this has to be a joke.Trø44 12 Apr