Interface and Macros

07 Mar 2011 WoW User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. 15 July 2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. 13 April 2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On 20 March, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at WoWUI@blizzard.com.Takralus0 07 Mar 2011
7h Macro : showtooltip problem Hello everyone ! I made a macro that works as intended, only problem is that I can't figure out how to show the desired tooltip in a particular case, let me explain... It's a stealth/marked for death (MFD) macro, which works like this : -If not in combat AND not in stealth, cast stealth -Else, if I have a target, cast MFD on target -Else, if I have no target, target nearest enemy and cast MFD. The real macro is a little longer because I also included talent conditions so that I can switch between my 7th row talents without problem. Here is how it looks : #showtooltip /cast [nocombat, nostealth] Stealth; [exists] Marked for Death; /targetenemy [noexists] /cast Marked for Death So it works as intended, but when I have no target (3rd line), the #showtooltip fails and shows a red "?" icon. Is there a way to solve this ?Nyte1 7h
8h How do I remove this from unit frames? Hello, I have this black border between my unitframe and my party unitframe that shows up. How do I remove this? https://gyazo.com/d36b91932f09ee8afd995584d84d090dGuccimaboy0 8h
9h Addons like NPC scan ? Is there an addon or addons like that one ? , i have been searching for sometime nowMetalhoof0 9h
12h Macro for taking screenshots without any UI elements? Anyone here know how to make a macro (or multiple macros) to fulfill the following requirements: 1. Hide all UI elements, all names, nameplates, HUD and so on. 2. Take a screenshot 3. Revert my settings back to having UI elements enabled. I'm fine with 1. and 3. being separate, 2. I've managed to figure out already and I've found a macro that does the same as Alt+Z so it hides the HUD. But I haven't got an idea on how to do the rest and can't find anything through google. So, anyone here up for the challenge of creating the macro(s) for me?Mochelangeli4 12h
13h Adventure Guide I have a very bad memory so the adventure guide is very useful for quickly looking up information. Just wondering if there is any addon that has the option to put the few lines text for the boss abilities onto the main UI? like how quest tracking works, rather than opening the adventure guide window as I tend to do this 5-10 times before the fight. Tried searching around and can't find any. If there are none, second monitor it is.Kiioku0 13h
20h Self Buffs Not Showing (Upper Right Corner) Hello, Returning player from 7.1.5. I logged in and I can't see my buffs and I cant find where to make them show again, can anyone help with this ? They used to appear in the upper right corner. Appreciate any help into this. Thanks a lot!Proxira0 20h
21h Hidden Artifact Skin Progress Tracking Here is the Macro for Hidden Artifact Progress Tracking. /run local _,_,_,a, b = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(11152,1) local _,_,_,c, d = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(11153,1) local _,_,_,e, f = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(11154,1) print("Dungeons: "..a.."/"..b) print("WQs: "..c.."/"..d) print("Kills: "..e.."/"..f) Thanks to Crosslight for pointing out the Reddit thread which had the macro. Cheers!Xaero44 21h
22h Bartender icon Good afternoon , so ye , i got my bartender icon hidden under my legion-order hall , progress icon on minimap and unfortunately i can't move it :< any help please ?Emolock0 22h
1d Bottom of raid frames script I've been using the following script to always be at the bottom of my partys raidframes however lately it only seems to work maybe half the time o.O is there a better way of doing this? The script in question: /run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return false elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return true else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_Group An example of what I want to achieve when using raid frames for party would be: [party1] [party2] [myself] thanksAntiskill0 1d
1d Cycle through arena players is there any way to create a script/macro for cycling through arena1, arena2, arena3? [PSEUDO CODE] if(target==null) target=arena1 if(target==arena1) target=arena2 if(target==arena2) target=arena3 if(target==arena3) target=arena1Spoljo0 1d
3d Personal resource display https://gyazo.com/2e4ca6904ae1107a509c7460fc9952fe can anyone tell me why my combo buttons are not appearing on my prd and why the frame for it is so smallThelomis2 3d
3d Tracking CDs on arena targets with Tell Me When Hi, been trying to use the addon Tell Me When to track enemy offensive and defensive CDs, but ran into an issue. I can track the targets CDs with no problem, using 'target' as who to track, but can't seem to work when doing the same with 'arena 1' and 'arena 2' somehow. Is 'arena 1' or 'arena1' the correct thing to use? Any other suggestions? ThanksChiller0 3d
3d Need help creating an Addon I am trying to create an Addon from this UI settings. /console trackQuestSorting top /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance",100) /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6 /console xpBarText 1 /console statusText 1 /console statusTextDisplay 1 /console playerStatusText 1 /console petStatusText 1 /console partyStatusText 1 /console targetStatusText 1 /console alternateResourceText 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamageDirectionalScale 0 /console enableFloatingCombatText 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatHealing 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatDamageAllAutos 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatHealingAbsorbSelf 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatHealingAbsorbTarget 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatState 1 /console floatingCombatTextComboPoints 1 /console floatingCombatTextEnergyGains 1 /console floatingCombatTextFloatMode 1 /console floatingCombatTextFriendlyHealers 1 /console floatingCombatTextHonorGains 1 /console floatingCombatTextLowManaHealth 1 /console floatingCombatTextPeriodicEnergyGains 1 /console floatingCombatTextPetMeleeDamage 1 /console floatingCombatTextPetSpellDamage 1 /console floatingCombatTextRepChanges 1 /console floatingCombatTextCombatLogPeriodicSpells 1 /console floatingCombatTextReactives 1 /console floatingCombatTextAllSpellMechanics 1 /console floatingCombatTextSpellMechanics 1 /console floatingCombatTextSpellMechanicsOther 1 /console floatingCombatTextDamageReduction 1 /console floatingCombatTextDodgeParryMiss 1 Is this possible? Sorry for my bad english.Althern0 3d
3d Cant open bank with Bagnon activated!? Hello. All of a sudden, from one day to the other I cant open the bank with Bagnon activated!? I click on the bankteller and nothing happens! If I disable bagnon it works. I have reinstalled Bagnon and i have manually deleted Bagnon and downloaded it again, to no help! Anyone here with an idea what I can do?Ralleia3 3d
3d Class colored Names in raid without bar problem. Hi guys here is my problem i want to have coloredfriendly names in Raid without health bar or cast bar under them like on this picture https://gyazo.com/d113c706760bd47759fb186da1b5f41a but when i enter an instance they change and looks like this https://gyazo.com/9b32bd68db3b2a0ceae6eef2a8895401 is there anyway to change it? there is my kui settings i think name only mode was the case here but still not working https://gyazo.com/796e491bcf2c212a0557e6eff9a2e247Slider1 3d
3d Help to find this awesome Combat Text addon please. Hey guys. I watched some of hirumaredx videos and in this one at the 3:10 mark the combat text addon starts saying: "KAPOW" or "overkill" when he crits and stuff.. any1 know what addon that is? link to video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OguuCk-l224&t=2s ThanksKalorius0 3d
4d Is there free mouse look addon. please help. Hello, is there addon that lets you free look with mouse without pressing m1 button ?Wersus0 4d
4d Buffs/Debuffs on partyframes I play mostly arenas and im fond of using the regular partyframes, however they decided to majorly mess them up, they no longer show pets (but ive found a script to show it) and i cant see buffs and/or debuffs. Found a script for this but it shooows eeeeverything and i dont want that. I want to see who has my beacon/aura and i wanna see all the debuffs i can dispel. Any tips?Trakkeh0 4d
4d Channeling bar below my character portrait Hello! On my warlock my channeling bar is suddenly below my character portrait instead of in the middle bottom of the screen as usual. I have no idea how I changed it do this, but I'm pretty sure I clicked some combination on my keyboard while in combat :P Anyway; how do I revert this? I can't find any way to change this in my settings. Anyone knows what the command is? I use the standard Blizzard UI. Thank you for your help <3Mahawa0 4d
5d Weird LUA error problem I know what Blizzards answer will be, so this is addressed to the community at large also. A few weeks ago I was here having an issue with the vehicle UI. To try to figure it out, I deleted the wtf, cache, and addons folders and reloaded and reconfigured all my addons from scratch. My vehicle UI problem is still there, and still random as heck. But now I have a new problem. I play 7 110 characters, and when I did the reinstall of addons, I tried to stay to a basic set of addons and set up a default where ever possible that worked for all characters. I made sure that the class specifics only loaded for the classes that used them. I tried to be as clean and simple as possible. I turned LUA error reporting ON. Since doing this, I did LFR with all 7 characters. I did some heroic dungeons, some solo scenarios, an invasion, and a few mythics. No problems other than the random vehicle UI problem, which does NOT generate a LUA error. Then yesterday, I took my Shadow priest to a Normal dungeon for a quest. As soon as the first boss was pulled, my UI went NUTS. 151 LUA errors popped up. I reloaded UI and went on. All fine, till last boss, and wham it happened again. However, it was DIFFERENT addons that threw LUA errors on the last boss pull from the first boss pull. The first time, it was Rarity and DBM the second time it was CTMod. That is as much as I read before I hit reload. I think if I had taken the time to scroll through the 150 odd errors I would have seen other addons in the list. I looked for a way to find the LUA errors in a .txt log but didn't find one. I am going to be testing in Normal Dungeons with other characters. But even before this, and before I had turned on LUA errors, I noticed that the Shadow Priest had weird lag sometimes on pulls. I see a lot of people posting lag problems in dungeons and on pulls. Curious.Insidious2 5d
5d Talent Addon? Hi, I've recently gained a new legendary, Soul of the Deathlord. Which gives us an extra talent. But when entering Battlegrounds or Arena, legendaries no longer work. thus my talents on that tier are reset. I honestly keep forgetting to relearn the talent and being forced to play the battleground without this talent. i'm looking for an Addon that would instantly set a preset of talents when i enter arena or BG. I can't seem to find any after looking for like half an hour (i may just be enterring the wrong keywords) Thanks in advance!Teebufall1 5d
5d Weak aura Divin Purpose Hey im using a weak aura for divine purpose (for holypally) with a sound effect on proc. When the buff isnt faded and i get another proc with the buff still being up there is no sound. Is there a way to fix this ? TyLÿsia1 5d
5d Weakaura countdown Hey! I will ask a bit help. I did one weakaura, it start countdown if i entering combat. It start count from 6 min. (360 second) I need something like this: If the counter reach one custom second, like 350, 340 etc... i will see something custom message (text) under my countdown timer. But i will use different message every time. Or it can be one other weakauta it's not problem. Sorry for my english, i hope someone can help for me.Racsiwall1 5d
5d Raidmarkers icon files Hi, I'm looking for the raidmarkars icon to display on the screen when I am using weakauras, but I couldn't find the corresponding files :( . I searched on google and this forum, it should be in .../Interface/TARGETINGFRAME, but apparently there is no such dictionary in my WoW files... So can someone please tell me where I can find them ?Yieve1 5d
5d Problem with Gladius and trinket/adaptation/relentless Hi, a few days ago I downloaded the latest gladius version. It's pretty nice, now you can see if someone has trinket or adaptation or relentless (with matching icon). But: With my lock it works as intended, with my druid it only shows the old trinket icon. The cooldowns is correct, 2 minutes for trinket and 1 minute for adaptation, but the icon is not matching. I have 4 characters and it works correctly with 2 of them. Any suggestion?Tiona2 5d
6d Resolved ResolvedTörak0 6d
6d Action bars stop showing cooldowns I'm using bartender 4, and during a raid the action bars can suddenly stop showing any cool downs - a spell for example will look like its available to cast all the time. The action bars full function comes back if i do a reload. Ive never had any problems with BT4 before. Ive updated all my addons but the problem keeps coming back.Nitetime1 6d
6d addon issue hey, i tried a few addons (bartender4, elvUI) but i wasn't very comfortable with it so wanted to reset the whole thing but problems occured.At first i reset my whole customization right in the game in addon setting.Then i deleted them from WoW folder including elvUI config(which remain).I restarted WoW and everything seemed alrighty till i got on my hunter, i realize pet action bar is missing.I tried to play with the settings little bit but i didn't found anything that would fix it.Right now i'm using just skada and mogit.I highly doubt these two have something to do with it.So, i went to blizz app to reset whole settings with thougts that this will fix it for sure, but nope.I don't what else can i do.To me, it feels like bartender4 is using fodler somewhere in pc to remember the settings that has been made. (maybe i'm just noob and the pet bar don't show up by default :D haha) https://s18.postimg.org/n3yl0g8bt/asdasdsadsa.pngEnkki2 6d
6d LUA errors in .txt file? Is there a way to see LUA errors in a error log file or export to a .txt file? I am having a strange issue on my Shadow Priest only that happens when bosses are pulled, which means I don't have time to scroll through the 150 odd errors that are popping up. I would like to be able to review the errors after the fight.Insidious0 6d
6d Quest failure I'm having a problem in general with every quest right now. In the right bottom of the screen there is a little box, that gives you information about the target that your are holding your mouse over. And when you are doing quests, if usually gives you an additional information about that it's the target you need to kill to complete the quest. But that last information with i'm doing quests, is missing right now :/Takima0 6d
6d Detect Roll the Bones Usage I'm currently working on an addon for my Rogue which tracks the buffs he gets from Roll The Bones, but I need to know when he actually uses the ability. I've tried listening for the UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED event, but it didn't work, and Google is proving to be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Maybe 'SPELLCAST' is wrong, given that he's a Rogue, but I couldn't find anything similar with 'ABILITY' instead (other than pet stuff). Is it even possible to know when RTB is being used, or am I not seeing a solution that - given my track record - is painfully obvious?Navitas3 6d
13 Aug Can't hide action bars after moving pet abilities After moving one of the pet abilities (Attack, Follow etc) by pressing shift and dragging it, the empty action bar slots I have end up showing up and I can't hide them. This doesn't happen when I move other abilities, just the ones for my pets. I have to relog to hide the actions bars (Tried Interface - ActionBars - Turning off "Always Show Actions Bars". Can't think what else to do. If there's a better place to post this please inform me).Scoogus0 13 Aug
13 Aug Weak Auras Countdown timer question please So I've made a Havoc countdown timer so know when it's stopped being active on a target but as soon as I alt tab to the 2nd target to do the damage to, it removes the visual countdown timer as I'm no longer directly targeting the target with havoc on it. How can I keep the countdown timer visible ?Zaox2 13 Aug
13 Aug [Suggestion] Spell by ID Should be nice if we can do our macros using spellID instead of name like we can do with items and slots. People from another language like me that switch languages frequently got f***ed all the time with macros not working. It's not really difficult to add this to the game.Benediction1 13 Aug
13 Aug Spirit bond macro Is there is a certain macro that makes my spirit beast cast his spirit bond spell(the one that heals) automatically on me with me targeting myself and casting it?Bullshot1 13 Aug
13 Aug Anyone know what could be causing this https://gyazo.com/53873cfa80d01a3d8eca4d98540620f8 this battle text is new and not from msbt i cant figure out what could be causing it i have it disabled in the default menu so it cant be thatThelomis1 13 Aug
13 Aug Help me Hello, I will start to play WoW again and I need to install again my addons but I don't remember the name of them. Which addons are present in this screenshot? Thanks https://i.gyazo.com/28afa100071648ab226afda7d8ad35dd.jpgAkrapov1 13 Aug
12 Aug Gladius not working Hi. I've updated it with most recent version at curse.com, it still says the addon is outdated however I check the "Loud out of date addons". Anyways when I do /test gladius it works perfectly fine untill I actually enter arena. It tears my FPS incredibly and on top of that it doesn't show up at all. Please help me out here. Thanks in advance!Janiqua6 12 Aug
12 Aug Unit frame bug Essentially what happens is that when ever I go into a party or raid and someone leaves my unit frames don't update straight away nor never update with the new person added. What happens is that I click on one person it selects and another and makes healing hard. This is extremely annoying and problematic since i'm a healer and not being able to target people with my unit frames is a huge annoyance especially in fights with aoe and dispelling is needed and I don't know who may have aggro or need dispelling. I have no clue if this is an add on issue or blizzard unit frame issue but would like to find out. Thanks.Gyrotic7 12 Aug
12 Aug Is it possible to scale the auction house window? Hi all. As thread name said: "Is it possible to scale the auction house window?" I have a large monitor and when i open the window the letters are so small, i have to go very close to even be able to read whats there. The ah is almost not usable :/Joetheshaman0 12 Aug
11 Aug Dominos can't control pet bar Guys, take a look at this please https://www.screencast.com/t/qtBm6WdnP I just cant workout what is going on here. Dominos has a pet bar but nothing is in it and I still have another pet bar that I want controlled by DOminos. Somebody help me out here, what is going on?Zaox2 11 Aug
11 Aug What is this ?? Anybody tell me what the addon has put this at the top of my screen? https://www.screencast.com/t/WQslK7gt I only saw it after I disabled my Titan Panel. Is it part of wow standard UI now?Zaox4 11 Aug
11 Aug Health percentage on default nameplates? Im looking for an addon that shows health percentage on default nameplates.Ddope2 11 Aug
10 Aug what's the name of this portrait frame Hey ho ;) I fly over a WQ zone and some NPC portrait frame pops up informing me of the WQ below , this also occurs in instances. Having been off wow for something like 5 years this is something new to me and I would like to either move it out of the way or remove it. I do have Moveanything addon , I just don't know what that frame is called. Can anyone help. Regards ;)Duskjump1 10 Aug
10 Aug Countdown timer on spells (icons) how? Can the countdown timer for spells be added to Bartender bars, I can't find it. If not, what's the least intrusive addon for doing it? THanks.Zaox1 10 Aug
09 Aug Player frames help How can i get the health and power bar under my character like this https://gyazo.com/3359993d9b99b03211d709f4859ea0e3Thelomis2 09 Aug
09 Aug Macro's on my priest doesn't work So i just started playing wow again yesterday. I have 3 healer chars and all of them with macro's from early legion. I decided that i wanted to play on my priest. But the previous macro's I have for example: /cast [@mouseovertarget,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead][@mouseover,exists][@target,exists][@player] Flash Heal doesnt work. I have tried contacting a gm after he tried helping me a bit he could not figure it out either and told me to ask the community. The weird thing is that the similar macro's are working on my hpala and druid. I have tried disabling all my addons, but still to no avail. I hope someone can help me ^^Flækkefar4 09 Aug
09 Aug 1 click macro for heroic leap help plx well topic says it all need help to make a macro that makes heroic leap jump to where my mouse is. i have tried /cast [area=mouseover] heroic leap and twinked it abit bk nd forth but cant get it to work. any ids on how to get it to work?Meathacker13 09 Aug
08 Aug Raiding - Screen Crowding I use Elvui and Moveanything to put most things at the bottom of my screen so I have minimal clutter and can avoid standing in bad but I like to know which direction I am facing if party leader says "you take North side adds". I have moved my minimap to bottom centre and shrunk a little so it fits in line but this makes my arrow so small i cannot see at a glance which way it points. I found helpful http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24436-BiggerArrowisaMini-mapPlayerDirectionAlternative.html but even better would be one of two things that I can not find - 1. An option to increase the size of pointer in minimap relative to minmap size so that i can have small minimap and big arrow 2. An option to have the arrow as a big colourful star (or some distinctive shape) that moves around the outside frame of the minimap to show which way you are facing. If anybody knows of an addon to do either of these I would be very grateful. thanks for reading :)Mercedes0 08 Aug