Interface and Macros

07 Mar 2011 WoW User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. 15 July 2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. 13 April 2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On 20 March, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at WoWUI@blizzard.com.Takralus0 07 Mar 2011
26 Apr UI changes coming in 7.2 From our latest PTR Patch Notes: User Interface You can now assign a specialization to an equipment set in the Equipment Manager. An “Open All” button has been added to the mailbox. You can now preview an ensemble set by CTRL-clicking it. Spellbook Spells that haven’t been moved to an action bar are highlighted in the spellbook. Mousing over a spell highlights it on your action bar, making it easier to locate. Pet spells can now be dragged onto the player action bar. Quick Join Auto Accept: A setting has been added to allow friends and guild members to instantly join your queues without a confirmation. This setting is located in Interface Options -> Social. Group tooltips now show the available roles and if auto accept is enabled. Right click a Quick Join group to whisper a member of that group. Aerythlea13 26 Apr
41m cancelaura macro Once again, what I would have thought ought to be perfectly straight forward doesn't seem to work. Can anyone tell me why this isn't working? /cancelaura Orb of Power /cancelaura Horde Flag /cast Ice BlockBobbett0 41m
15h Did the setting for HealthBars class colours change? I am somewhat certain i have toggled such a setting on/off a few months ago to test it out... But now i'm getting annoyed with it and want to change it back; the problem is i can't find it anymore. Neither in "Interface -> Names" nor in "Interface -> Combat". Am i missing something, or was it actually moved someplace else?! o.OVelia4 15h
20h Tons of LUA errors as of today? Yesterday my addons where fine, now they seem to be breaking all over the place, they're all updated via curse to no avail. Some of the addons producing errors include but are not exlusive to MogIt TRP Titan Panel Rarity AutoTurnin Healbot Total RP 3 I'll regularly get a popup saying I've had over a 1000 errors and my experience might be degraded, even though I've changed nothing since yesterday. Whats happened?Aralise0 20h
22h How to setup WoW UI (or still use bartender and alike) I am a returning player and I read that I no longer need bartender and alike. It is all integrated in WoW currently. How does one arrange the bars (moving and assigning keys) in WoW? Is there a guide available. Or do you still need an addon like bartender? Other add-ons still handy or did a lot changed since MoP?Wothan1 22h
23h need help with elvui Hi ! can anyone plz help me with elvui ? screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7ra2w6H.jpg I want to know how I can turn off that bar in the middle. It's blizzard ui but I can't find it anywhere.Citronheart2 23h
1d ELVUI timer colors Hello everyone. Anyone knows how to change colors of Both debuff and buff timers? Default is white but I want yellow to make it more visible. ThnxCrystalfrost0 1d
1d Bars/ abilities dissappearing help!!! Hey All, While playing this monk whenever i join an instance or arena my bars seem to change to a different spec, leaving me with around 6 abilities on my bar..... no idea why this happens and there seems to be no way to reset it. Ill join a BG and have to try and get my abilities on my bar within the 1 minute at which point i end up losing the arena. It only happens on my monk and i have no character specific addons so does anyone have any advice on what could be causing this? Thanks NayfuNayfu0 1d
2d ElvUI - UI disappearing Whenever I target anything, my UI disappears, as if I pressed alt+Z, and nothing i do except remove the target works.. I can still cast spells which are bound to keys but i cannot see anything. Does anyone know why this is? Maybe it's an option i turned on by accident?Dundiad0 2d
2d Is anyone good with Weak Auras? Could anyone who is good with Weak Auras help me with the below error please as it keeps coming up. ... I know its something to do with a Weak Auras string I imported but after spending ages trying to go through each and every group and child, I am at a loss as to which one it is!!!Terror2 2d
2d VuhDo healing frames and Desolate Host (ToS) Anyone else having problems with VuhDo healing addon on Desolate Host boss in ToS? I can't see which people are in spirit realm and which people are in normal realm. They are all colored the same and i don't know who to heal. Is there any work around this?Ellianne1 2d
3d Bartender 4 Hey peeps since 7.2.5 has dropped I've been suffering some inconsistent vehicle bar issues. I did a stormheim invasion and during the bombing run I had no problems but then I went to ulduar and while in the vehicle my number buttons wouldn't work I had to click on the necessary actions. Any one else had the same issue or know how I can fix this? I havn't changed any settings and everything is as before 7.2.5. Many thanksDragonsworn2 3d
3d side buttons on mouse not working on healbot Hello there, i bought myself a new mouse"trust gxt155" . The main problem i have is that the side buttons refuse to work with healbot or any addon that activates with mouse clicks. The main 3 buttons, left middle right work as usual. The side buttons however don't respond as i want. They are keybinded with a single key but if i use the button on healbot, I get healed/cleansed etc instead of my target which is not helpfull :D . Any ideas on how to solve this. i found some intel on very old threats but none of them worked or i didn't get what they meant o_o. greetingzzzDarkcrosske3 3d
3d Separate Keybind for Game menu from other functions Any idea how I can change the keybind for the main game menu but retain the Esc for everything else (untarget, close windows, cancel checkboxes etc)? I am sick of spamming Esc to close windows and the like when I get into combat only to have the game menu come up and get in the way.Sharmin3 3d
3d Hunter's pet simple macro Hi, I'm still new to this game and am delving into macros. I'm trying to write a macro for my hunter's Pet 1 so that one button will Revive the pet if dead, Call it if not dead, and Mend it if alive. I have tried /cast [nopet] Call Pet 1; [@pet, dead] Revive Pet; Mend Pet This didn't work, but just complained that my pet was dead (which it was, but it should have revived it). Then I googled other people's macros and tried (copying from an earlier forum post) #showtooltip /use [nopet] Call Pet 1 /cast [@pet,nodead] Mend Pet /cast Revive Pet This didn't work either, for the same reason. I've tried many variations of the above, but nothing works. I just need a simple macro without any key modifications, to do the above. I'd also like it to Dismiss the pet if it's dead, present, targeted and I'm not in combat. ThanksJelara2 3d
3d Weakaura Progress Bar Problem Greetings, I am searching for a way to show my Maelstrom Bar only if it is above 0 Maelstrom and not to show if it is @ 0 out of combat. But also I want it to show @ 0 Maelstrom if I am in combat! I hope somebody is able to help me.Bumbo0 3d
3d XP tracking addon I've had a look and most of the things that I've seen mention either Titan Panel or XtoLevel, but they don't do what I'm looking for, I'm after an addon that tracks XP gain per session / segment. Running dungeons for example; I want to see how much total XP I've gained for that 1 dungeon. Battlegrounds; How much per kill / objective play etc.. Yes, I can look at my XP bar and try to work it out that way, but there has to be an addon out there that does just that - Like the Accountant addon, but for XP rather than gold. Just thought I'd ask as I've looked almost everywhere - Here being the last stop.Louu1 3d
3d Backup and restore specific addon setting hey i am using the addon Rematch to save teams for specific battles . but for some reason all my data was cleared and i have no teams now. now i know that the complete backup and restore is with WTF and Addon folders , but i wanted to restore only that specific addon, is there a way to locate that addon setting alone without having to copy the whole WTF folder? thanks in advance :)Dispeller1 3d
3d Addon for party chat filter(?) Hello! I've been searching for an addon that can filter out the WQGF messages from the Party/Raid/Instance chat, but no luck. Example: [WQGF] Return to the Crag: World Quest Complete! :)These messages clogs up my chat and are really annoying. So does anyone know of an addon that can be used to filter out these messages using keywords? I've found addons that can do this for General and Trade chat, but not from the Party/Raid/Instance chat.Epsil1 3d
4d Auto targettinf after 7.2.5 BM Hunter - since the patch whenever I use my standard rotation macros my toon auto targets the next nearest mob. This used to only occur with /startattack, but now it happens without. Did something change? And how can I force auto target on or off now? Thanks FoxxOtter1 4d
4d Missing Blizz Raid Frames I always have used the genenric blizzard raid frames, but since I started playing wow again, they seem to be missing.<br/>I have gone into the Inferface > Raid Profiles and I can't see anything in there about turning them on.<br/>Regular party frames show up for me in a dungeon, but nothing in a raid.<br/>The raid profile is set to Primary, which I presume to be the generic frames, with nothing checked in Auto-Activate On.<br/>Any ideas please? tyBethanee12 4d
5d Want to know if it's possible to create this macro Hello, i would like some help over this, i've been reading guides about macros and experimenting for a while with positive results, but i can't seem to find an answer to whether or not is even possible to create a macro that does the following: Cast Healing spell over ME, but ONLY if I am hurt, if not, Cast Healing spell on mouseover, if not, Cast Healing spell on focus target. The whole point is to use it on Dungeons, so i can cast heals on my focus target (the tank) without having to manually select him, while having the option to mouseover any random hurt ally,and most importantly, be able to quickly heal myself OVER the focus target if i am hurt. with the following code the first part works perfectly: /cast [@mouseover,exists,help] [help,nodead] [@focus,exists,nodead] [@player] Remous but I cant get it to heal me ONLY IF I am hurt, (without using a MOD, which icould be a good solution), so the way that i have comed up with is to hit F1 to select myself when getting hurt, but that is even more impractical than using a mod because I have to manually target something else afterwards, so thats why I would like to know if it's possible to do it automatically with a macro, thanks in advance! By the way, here is the code taht works with the mod in case anyone finds it useful: /cast [mod:shift] Remous; [@mouseover,exists,help] [help,nodead] [@focus,exists,nodead] [@player] RemousHaunter2 5d
5d Right click targetting problems Do you have that really annoying problem where you target things you don't want when using the mouse to turn? I found a solution and it's so nice to be free of this irritating issue I thought I'd post it here in case it can help you too, so here it is: the solution is to disable right click targetting (which works fine since you can use left click to target) and in order to do this you want to create 2 new macros, which you need to run whenever you log in to a character: Macro 1 /run local f=CreateFrame("button","mlook")f:RegisterForClicks("AnyDown","AnyUp")f:SetScript("OnClick",function(s,b,d)if d then MouselookStart()else MouselookStop()end end)SecureStateDriverManager:RegisterEvent("UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT") Macro 2 /run local f=CreateFrame("frame",nil,nil,"SecureHandlerStateTemplate")RegisterStateDriver(f,"mov","[@mouseover,exists]1;0")f:SetAttribute("_onstate-mov","if newstate==1 then self:SetBindingClick(1,'BUTTON2','mlook')else self:ClearBindings()end") Now you're free! I found this wonderful answer at this webpage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11761047149?page=1#7 On this page it goes on to say that you can actually make an addon so that you don't even have to run the macros each time you relog, but I couldn't get that to work yet. I've asked for help with it on that page. If you can help me to get the addon part working that would be great.Bobbett3 5d
5d Flag carrier frames missing Hey. For some reason on all of my existing characters, I cannot see the flag carriers. But if I make a new character and enter as a level 10 toon, I can see them. I've tried disabling addons and I've tried resetting interface to defaults, nothing. Any ideas what's up? thanksFrapuccino1 5d
5d Nameplates class colour Following the patch, my game looks like a colouring book for some 5 yrs old. Instead of simple nameplates that were nicely blue and showed current status of hp (and the ones of enemies were red), I am now having all friendly nameplates coloured by class, which is quite tricky in case of DKs and frankly, the game looks terrible and chaotic. I tried to meddle around with the options in both game and multiple addons i use and couldnt find anything. Please halp //Edit - Tried TidyPlates with no effect on friendly nameplates at allThalesa7 5d
6d ElvUi how to delete something How to remove the second chat tab at ElvUi seriously got no clueJadeblade1 6d
6d testing TESTING testing testing .... ----- ...testing testing TESTING TESTING testing testing Any guid how to add colors and other stuff here or is this all we normal users get?Steroidgnome0 6d
21 Jun Sound scripts overlapping when spamming macros Hello, I like to make macros for my abilities such as #showtooltip Death Grip /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Lichking\\Hr_lich King_dungfin01.Wav") /cast Death Grip however each time I click (spam) the macro the script plays again before the first one is over sometimes up to several sound layers. So my question is: Is there a way to play the sound script only once even if you hit the button several times?Auraela7 21 Jun
20 Jun PVP addon to get notified about spell reflection? Is there any good addon, which will alert me when the enemy uses spells like spell reflection?Hiku4 20 Jun
20 Jun SUF unit problem Hi ever since 7,2,5 after i updated suf (shadowed unit frames). On login my settings keep resetting to default and its triggering alot, asked Around And googled but can't seen to find the solution. So posting here to see if someone can help me?Darkdrakex0 20 Jun
20 Jun Automatically open the Reagent Bank Hi, The Bank window has two tabs: Bank - Reagent Bank. When you visit a bank NPC and click on them, the Bank tab opens by default. Is there a way to make it so the Reagent Bank tab will open by default when I click on a bank NPC? Possibly a simple addon to do the job. Thanks for any ideas.Eom0 20 Jun
19 Jun Question about using PAWN for Statweights Hello, So once I've calculated my stat weights via Simcraft, and imported them into the Pawn addon, it then shows my Statweight priority on Pawn. However, once I have changed one piece of gear around, do I then need to sim and import again in order to receive new stat weights? Because stat weights change when gear is changed, correct?Revvon6 19 Jun
19 Jun Action bars stop showing cooldowns I'm using bartender 4, and during a raid the action bars can suddenly stop showing any cool downs - a spell for example will look like its available to cast all the time. The action bars full function comes back if i do a reload. Ive never had any problems with BT4 before. Ive updated all my addons but the problem keeps coming back.Nitetime0 19 Jun
19 Jun Auto Move to Target/Quest Hi there firstly I'm extremely new to WoW so i'd like to apologize if this has been asked a thousand times but after reading through i feel it's best just to ask straight out. Is there a function in which i can auto move/fly to target/quest. I flew for a good 15 mins (manually) yesterday, and while i did see the funny side of my incompetence i'd really like the ability just to auto path. any help appreciated!Culled4 19 Jun
18 Jun OmniCC Problem Hey, the Creator of OmniCC didnt answer me yet so maybe someone from the WoW Forums can help me. I have the Problem that if u Target someone and Dot him the Timer Display (The Number in the Frame of the Dot) is way to small compared to the Timer Display from WoD/MoP. The Problem is if i change the Size of the Timer Display everything else gets messed up so i would be really appreciate if someone could help me Back in the Day it looked like this: https://gyazo.com/857f8b38ad8c87af146141b9bc7f3a4f and now it looks like this: https://gyazo.com/576e42b3f257a75233915e1d98829713 Thank you Guys! NahoNaho0 18 Jun
18 Jun Alternative for Curse/Twitch client. Is there a good alternative for the Curse Client. I really despise the way they are going now and i refuse to use Twitch. I tried the legacy client, it worked for a little, but then the Twitch manure came back up, so had to uninstall. Thanks.Rhaeve42 18 Jun
18 Jun Can't make a nearest target gouge macro work A few years ago i found a macro on wowhead that gouges the closest person I was facing and not deselect my current target. I've been looking for 2 hours and can't find the macro or make a new one to work. any help would be appreciatedUnxpctd0 18 Jun
17 Jun Addon Error "Action blocked by default Blizzard UI" Hi guys, I keep getting the "Action blocked by default Blizzard UI" error when trying to use the PvP LFG tool (every other tool works perfectly). The addons that are causing this seem to be ACP (Addon Control Panel), Angry Keystones and Details. Is there some fix around that doesn't include uninstalling them? I tried /reload many times, but it doesn't work, or doesn't work reliably enough (I don't want to go through 60 reloads just to do a casual BG). Thanks!Aëther0 17 Jun
17 Jun Solved Hi, anyone has an idea why I don´t see enemy name pleates on my alt? Blizz enemy name plates are on, enemy players name plates are on in Tidy option but they just don´t pop up. Tried to off/on them with shift V, reset UI, nothing. Edit: My main has this issue now too.Nepomrd1 17 Jun
16 Jun Auto "Quest" groups delist and raid quests Hey, Since 7.2.5 groups created in the "Quest" category get automatically delisted when they reach 5 players. I think it's kind of an issue but I can live with it. However, the biggest problem of this change is that this behavior also happens for raid compatible world quests, even the world boss ones ! I could modify World Quest Group Finder to create those groups in the "Custom" category but I don't want to lose compatibility with the built-in group finder... Can we hope that something is done about this problem? Thanks!Robou0 16 Jun
16 Jun Omnibar spells tab does not work 7.2.5. Cant configurate "Spells" tab in this addon after 7.2.5. update. Anyone have same troubles? How i can fix it? http://pixs.ru/showimage/WoWScrnSho_6558793_26525548.jpgТессард1 16 Jun
16 Jun Bartender4 since patch.(?) Hi Do anyone know how to fix the Bartender4 addon, since patch the addon do not save the settings when logging out or when you do ./reload. Its getting abit annoying to set and move the bars every time >.<Farrion0 16 Jun
15 Jun World Quest TomTom Route I have the World Quests List addon which is great to filter the quests I want to do. However, I'm looking for a way to plan a route through each quest. Does anyone know of an addon that takes a list of world quests (custom or by filter like WQL) to produce the shortest route through them all using something like TomTom, or a map overlay or even just autoselecting each quest in turn and relying on the yellow quest arrow?Sharmin0 15 Jun
15 Jun Cant see DMG / Healing Numbers So all of a sudden i cant see DMG or Healing numbers on my "playfield" I've tried Disabling all addons, checked the interface combat thing, also tried the console command... Nothing seem to work... I tried attacking a level 10 mob as level 110 and there i saw DMG numbers???? HELP HELP HELPPunchmonkxd6 15 Jun
15 Jun No XP in Legion I've just started playing legion as I've just upgraded, I've got my lvl 100 boost and have started questing. I have not yet received any XP and there is no XP bar. Can anyone help?Anytíme0 15 Jun
15 Jun Class Name Plates In PVP I have all nameplates enabled. Now i find it hard to tell which is friendly and which isn't... Please fix this asap.Yeen0 15 Jun
15 Jun Show Numbers On The Rep/Ap Bar All The Time Is There A Way To Show Numbers On The Rep/Ap Bar All The Time And Not Just On Mouse Over?Shané3 15 Jun
15 Jun LF help with a necrotic tracker. Hey, i was wondering if someone could help me with a Tellmewhen OR Weakaura's setup i want to make a necrotic wounds tracker that just shows as an icon with the absorbtion amount as text. I can make the debuff tracker but no idea how to make it track the absorb. http://imgur.com/a/i6jDNDkheroclass0 15 Jun
15 Jun Vendor stack buying addon Good day! I've been looking for a vendor stack buying addon allowing me to buy (for example) 200 fur, dust etc from the trading post vendor, however I cannot find one and clicking the increase amount arrow 200/400/800 times gets a tad tedious! :( haha If anyone can help or knows of an addon it would be much appreciated Thanks :)Gub6 15 Jun