Interface and Macros

07 Mar 2011 WoW User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. 15 July 2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. 13 April 2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On 20 March, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at WoWUI@blizzard.com.Takralus0 07 Mar 2011
31 Mar UI changes coming in 7.2 From our latest PTR Patch Notes: User Interface You can now assign a specialization to an equipment set in the Equipment Manager. An “Open All” button has been added to the mailbox. You can now preview an ensemble set by CTRL-clicking it. Spellbook Spells that haven’t been moved to an action bar are highlighted in the spellbook. Mousing over a spell highlights it on your action bar, making it easier to locate. Pet spells can now be dragged onto the player action bar. Quick Join Auto Accept: A setting has been added to allow friends and guild members to instantly join your queues without a confirmation. This setting is located in Interface Options -> Social. Group tooltips now show the available roles and if auto accept is enabled. Right click a Quick Join group to whisper a member of that group. Aerythlea12 31 Mar
8h TellMeWhen Prot Paladin - Need Help Hey I'm looking for advice about TMW, on my button for Shield of the Righteous it displays a number 3, because it has 3 stacks. But on my buttons for Judgement, Avenging Wrath and Light of the Protector it displays a number 1 but these abilities don't use stacks? I've never had this problem before and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. It's a minor thing but it's really annoying and off-putting, any help would be greatly appreciated. CheersCónsacratus0 8h
8h Holding down key to cast is there any addon/macro that can make this happen? so i dont have to spam key and just hold it down. i also found old addon called SnowfallKeyPress and with it you could hold down key to cast. ((((Sorry for my bad English))))Shockqy1 8h
1d Addon for destroyin cheap grey items after looting. As title says. Anyone know if there is a addon that deletes cheap grey items after looting? Those that kept your bags clean while fishing used gave you a ton of junk, while you are doing your thing. I have been using lootbuddy for this for a very long time, but right now it starts to be so buggy, it's slowly starting to fall apart hence it does more bad than it is good for. The good thing about lootbuddy was that there was a white/blacklist and you could provide a gold limit to an item you deem to be worthy of looting (no more deleting those 100g+ grey items) so that you can carry them to a vendor. I have tried several addons (xloot, crap away, sell junk, scrap) but they all seem to focus on selling your greys, not deleting them after looted. Thank you for reading \oZenero4 1d
1d Clique cast on dead I am trying to set up clique. I have set a healing spel on left click (bot a macro), works like a charm. But when the person i click is death i get a cursor with a blue glow, and then i need to press escape in order to cancel it. Is there anyway to prevent this, do nothing when target is death?Riuujin2 1d
1d Keeping important items Hello, so today I disenchanted another piece of gear that I wanted to keep... I know ._. So im looking for some sort of addon that will either: 1) Give me a few slots in which I can place important gear (separate from the rest of my bag) that will ignore sorting and not fill itself up without my doing so. 2) Give me the ability to place and icon or border on selected items so that I know they are to keep. Any suggestions on ways I can accomplish the same goal is also welcome, I am currently using the default elvui bags (and I do like them) but am open to using a whole new bag addon if that's what is needed. Thanks in advance.Kaiitaur0 1d
1d Hover Health Bar Numbers Hello. Normally if I hover over the healthbar I see the numbers which I liked. But I changed something in my settings and now it's always visible which annoys me and if I disable it in the settings it shows me only the percentages while I'd rather have numbers. I hope I explained the issue and if could get help fixing this in my settings again.Nastasya1 1d
2d [SOLVED]Play only Addon Sounds Hi, I am looking for an enthusiastic addon author to come up with a solution to allow "ONLY" addon sounds to be played whilst in-game. I have tried multiple addons via curse such as "Mute annoying wow sounds". Only to find that the sound files haven't been updated for 7.2. I have tried adding my own .ogg files to the current "Mute annoying wow sounds" folder only to find that I have either used the incorrect filename or I am unable to locate the filename associated with anything in regards to hunter sounds. I have also tried the addon "Masterchannel", only to find that most addons now-a-days don't have the need or warrant "Master" in the Playsoundfile() string. Therefore making (me or others in my situation) anyone with no prior knowledge in building addons to solve this themselves. I do understand this may be seen as an odd request, however, there are some scenarios where it does apply i.e. raids, dungeon finder, simply want to hear no wow sounds and just addon sounds etc. I have tried my hack and slash methods, now I am in dire need of assistance to solve my first world problem. Any help is greatly appreciated! Regards Ballistics1142Ørøphin2 2d
2d TellMeWhen Addon Issue, seeking help. This problem only happens on my new realm I just started playing on. The problem is: When I make a new TMW profile on my Warrior, and then log into my alt. The same profile is on my alt. It happens all the time. Another example: I log in my paladin, Copy TMW profile from my other paladin from different realm. Everything is ok at this point. I continue playing, then log out of my paladin, and log into my alt demon hunter. Suddenly my paladin's profile is copied on my demon hunter. Then I start fixing it again and making a new profile for Demon hunter, log back out and into paladin. Tadaaa, Demon hunter profile is on my paladin.. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? I know im making a profile tmw and not global. This only occure on my Second server. Everything on my main server is fine and i have never had this problem. Any suggestions?Snobba2 2d
2d A UI question (Can be closed) Hello everyone. So i've been trying to get these bars removed http://imgur.com/a/DIxAJ (Ignore the big enery bar and the big Surge of Toxins bar) Does anyone know how to remove them? I can't see if it's and addon or just in the standard blizzard UI..Shyáel4 2d
2d Пропали цели задания При наведении курсора на моба в правом нижнем углу , не показывает какое количество их убито и пропал восклицательный знак около имени моба. На всех других персонажах все работает. Чистил все что можно и кэш и аддоны и квесты удалял, попробовал на других компьютерах тоже самое.Растили0 2d
2d Boss mod with scrolling timeline? I currently use DBM with it's standard sliding bars, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to modify, or another addon that would allow all the timers to be consolidated to one bar, with spell/ability icons scrolling from one side to another. Anyone know of any? Thanks. Edit: something like "Coolline Cooldowns" but for boss abilties.Vince1 2d
2d Looking for a stacking mod Hi all, Does anybody know of a simple add-on that can track stacks, i need it to track the stacks of this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/137378/world-quest-10 Tried weak auras and just can't get on with it. All the best JayleeJaylee4 2d
2d Unresponsive UI Hi everyone When I'm looking at peoples Youtube videos or Twitch steams they have a really responsive UI, all the buttons, timers, everything popping smoothly. I play as warrior and most of the time my GCD tracking bar lags, abilities hit about a second after I press buttons, aura bars are not very smooth. I'm wondering if that is because of bad addons or settings or because my PC can't handle it? I'm running an i7 4790K, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung SSD, RX 480 8GB. Will upgrading something specific help improve the responsiveness of the uI? The addons I'm using are: ElvUI Weakauras DBM Skada MSBT etc.Usman7 2d
2d Addons for an overview of my alts I have tried altoholic, and it is not getting updated. What I want is an addon that shows rested XP for my alts. I know there is such one on curse but I can't find it. 2ndly an addon that shows what is in my alt's own guildbanks.Filidix1 2d
3d Floting hp bar keeps fading My hp bars on enemies keeps fading on some mobs, happens in combat and outside combat. I use the default blizzard frames. Screenshot of the problem: http://imgur.com/a/jCAKiKetaz1 3d
3d Refreshing a Scrollframe after adding new data Hello, I'm currently working on an addon for tracking Breath of Sindragosa casts as a side project, which is all working ok up to now. The addon tracks when the player casts BoS it tallys damage, ticks, crits etc. All the stats are stored within a SavedVariable called BoST_Data. The problem I am having is any new casts after logging the stats won't show up in my scroll frame until after I reload. Which I can sort of understand as nothing is saved to the file until you reload or log out, but I also have a command called /br report last which calls the table with the casts and prints the last one in chat so the data is clearly there. Now this will report the cast ive just done, but that same cast won't show up in my scrollframe without a reload, how do I get any BoS casts into the scrollframe without having to reload? I have tried calling the scrollFrame update method when a parse is added to the table but it doesn't seem to change anything. Figured it out, wasnt recounting the table after adding a record. Any help appreciated EmoEmö0 3d
3d Pet Action Bar help? I have multiple questions :) I am a warlock and I dragged an ability off my pets action bar and can't find a 'Pet' tab to get the ability back, so how do I do so? Secondly, I run a set of macros to move my action bars, no addon required. MACRO 1: /run MultiBarBottomLeft:ClearAllPoints() MACRO 2: /run MultiBarBottomLeft:SetPoint("CENTER", 0, 60) MACRO 3: /run MultiBarBottomLeft.SetPoint = function() end MACRO 4: /run MultiBarBottomRight:ClearAllPoints() MACRO 5: /run MultiBarBottomRight:SetPoint("CENTER", 0, 100) MACRO 6: /run MultiBarBottomRight.SetPoint = function() end I like my UI this way, however my pet action bar is hidden under these moved bars. Is there a macro I can use to move my pet action bar above my bars? Thanks in advanceLockndot1 3d
3d Good UI Hi, forum. Help me pls to create interface like this http://imgur.com/jQ08hrN http://imgur.com/IE3ZT06 http://imgur.com/hZVExzw What addons or scripts used?Бахинсон2 3d
4d ELVUI health on top of target So basically since i downloaded elvui it shows the health/debuffs on top of targeted things like usual on one character, but on another alt it doesnt and i have no idea how to change this so it does on all my chars?Sellinggf0 4d
4d Alternative for Prat 3.0 Hello, Anyone know of a good alternative for Prat 3.0? ThanksZyipp0 4d
4d [Bug] Toy Box- Filters resetting constantly Every 3 or 4 pages scrolled within the boy box, the filter resets. Leaving you without anything visible except those toys, that didn't get classified correctly (hey - 2 pages atleast:)). Bug carried over from PTR.Kali12 4d
5d Little makro problem, need help! Thx so i wrote a little makro, so i dont have to pull out the spell everytime i change my talent! #showtooltip /cast [talent:1/1,@target,nomodifier] Bestow Faith /cast [talent:1/1,modifier:alt,@player] Bestow Faith /cast [talent:1/2,nomodifier] !Light's Hammer this beeing it, now i got the problem everytime i push shift the makro turns "iconless" so the > ? < icon appears instead of bestow or hammer CD! Anyone got an idea how to fix this, or where did i make the mistake? Thanks for any help in advanceSithtraler3 5d
5d Sound of dead player addon Hello, i was wondering if its any addon that plays a sound and sends a text on raid chat when a raid or party member dies in pvp and pve and world zone. Also i would like that i can customize the text and the sound file. I loved when i was playing warcraft 3 and a hero died played a text and and sound example "An allies hero has fallen" - warcraft 3 nightelfs.Ragenalt4 5d
5d Friendly targets name plates color Hi All, are there any way to change friendly targets name plates (health bar) color in raid? If I would like to have it acid green for example.Шатрах2 5d
5d cant click links in chat hay i cant click links in the chat or click wepons and items in the chat that any body send in chat. does sombody have any idea how i fix it.Farsar1 5d
5d How do i blacklist a spell in Elvui? I cant seem to find any answer on this :S Somewhere in filter I had figured it out, but it doesn't seem to work. I only want my moon and sunfire to show on boss frames.Alempa0 5d
5d SpellQueueWindow Default? So what was default in 7.1.5? 250? /console spellqueuewindow 250 and i think my wow reset spellqueuewindow, but I am not sure 100 %. Completely dumb to ruin this spellqueuewindow, I want back to default like 7.1.5!!! ThanksMalicone1 5d
5d Addon - map abilities before unlocking them? for example you can fill your bar with gray abilities that will become available when you unlock them?Niradin2 5d
5d Rare Spawns addon? Does anyone know of a good addon for rare spawns? I'm a BM Hunter and kinda after a few Hunter pets but cant find any addons that are upto date Please helpMendaros1 5d
5d I need this specific hunter macro Edit: After figuring that you can't cast 2 global cooldown abilities on 1 macro, I'm looking for a workaround, I want a macro to help me with this; I want to cast Aimed Shot ability on the target and getting my pet to attack the target, and after it, Concussive Shot ability if the target is targeting me. Is it possible to make this easy with the macro system?Yse2 5d
5d Tidyplates; stacking nameplates not really stacking? Hi there, I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this 'bug' or if it's 'normal' that with tidyplates the nameplates of my enemies don't really stack, even if It's set to 'stacking nameplate' in the settings. If this problem is tied to tidyplates, is there anyone who can suggest an alternative?Rebelíon0 5d
5d NightIllusion Hi people. I'm so tired of the constant daily light in the game. I wish for a more darker game during nights. Like it used to be. I know this is not a popular opinion to not agree with Blizzard on how to the game should be. So is this addon allowed? https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/niillFunkycoffin2 5d
5d Bigger quest box addon Can you guys suggest me an addon, that can make the Quest text box and text in it larger? Storyline and immersion wont do, i just want something similar to default one, but larger with bigger fonts. Thanks!Inquisition1 5d
6d Hiding Vuhdo panels in Arena? I was just wondering if there is any way to Hide the Vudho panels during arena? I know how to hide them when solo or in a party, but Arenas seem to be an exception. I have other addons i'd rather use for Arena, but Vuhdo takes up too much space that I can't use both of them.Deathnd2 6d
6d Target debuff numeric values Is there any simple addon that displays your targets debuff durations (a.i Immolate, Fear etc.) in numeric values? I tried going back to omniCC but its quite buggy nowdays. And i have zero interest in those major UI overhaul packs. Just to clarify, I don't want tracker bars or anything remote, just the numeric values displayed.Felurk2 6d
6d PVP Talents Mac To beging with, I use: #showtooltip /use [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][mod:alt,@arena3][nomod,@target]Curse of Fragility on my Warlock wich works just fine, unfortunately I need to switch this Curse sometimes wich forces me to retyping macro wich is very very confusing. I wish I could just use 'pvptalent:3' instead of typing the name of it but its not an option. how to deal with it in other way than using release macro inside of the macro(lol'd)? EDIT: oooh, also why my Axe Toss on action bar is grayed out like it wasn't in my spellbook? It's like this since 7.2Querkle5 6d
6d is curse client gone? i got a new pc, i like to istal curse client but its not there anymore? it is now ' Twitch Desktop App' ? i try to download it but my anti virus (norton) advise me to not instal it, only if i know for sure it is trusted. Anyone knows if its the next lvl app and it is ok to dowload it?Hanzaba15 6d
6d @player conditional for spells with charges The macro I used: /cast [mod:shift, @cursor][@player][] Angelic Feather The problem: After using the macro it cast the Feather at player or cursor like it should, but it also leaves the spell "selected" (has the green circle on cursor, ready to cast), so when I left click on ground it will cast it a second time. Couldn't find command to cancel the second cast. Is there one? Is this a bug?Peapiiskop3 6d
15 Apr Changing between two UI languages faster? Greetings, folks. I'd like to know if there is a way to somehow make two different wow shortcuts to launch it with diffirent UI languages. Like adding smth like ' "....wow-64.exe" -blabla' to it. I play on english and russian realms and I am so tired of changing my client's languages back and forth :( would be cool if I could just click a shortcut and just load whichever language I need at the given moment. Thank you :)Motaro1 15 Apr
15 Apr Trinket/Adapt/Relentless macro not working Hey guys, my macro for using trinket in PvP (so i don't have to put it to my bars e every arena again) looks like this: #showtooltip [htalent:1/1] Gladiator's Medallion; [htalent:1/2] Adaptation; [htalent:1/3] Relentless /use [htalent:1/1] Gladiator's Medallion; [htalent:1/2] Adaptation; [htalent:1/3] Relentless This macro used to work perfectly before patch 7.2. What it does now is that it sometimes completely disappears in the arena, or doesn't show the current talent i use (example: when i played adapt, it showed the icon of adapt, when i played relentless, it showed the icon of relentless), it only shows a question mark. Anyone else having simillar issue?Hexinprøøf1 15 Apr
15 Apr PVP - party teammates interfaces stuff Yho guys, i really need to get same stuff you see in this picture (nahj interface) http://m.imgur.com/gallery/KgBea The cast bars (to know if my mage gonna land poly so we dont do different cc at the same time) Main cds/spell + trinket to know when he can burst CCs on party interfaces! If you see there is a clyclone icon on rog portraits! Really need this so i know when to retreat or when we can overextend! Thanks all.Axos1 15 Apr
13 Apr ElvUi Buff timer Hey! I'm kinda new to ElvUi, and "kinda" the forums also so i'm not sure if im posting in the right or wrong section. I've only used general so far. But let's get into the problem! :p So above my frame i like to have all my buffs to keep track of, since they lie close to my auction bars, and just close to where i look. For a long time i've just had these boxes, but following another post i saw how to get these. http://imgur.com/a/9BAj8 But as you can see, the boxes is still there. I really dont want to switch back, since i feel like i can keep more easily track of buffs this way, but it triggers my OCD when they're in the background. :| If somebody's able to help me, that would be very nice. Also please tell me if there is a section for addons, because i couldnt find one, or if this is the right place to post this. :p xDÉssalius0 13 Apr
13 Apr Macro changes? So.. i've always used this macro: /cast [@cursor] Metamorphosis (since the release of it) to instacast "meta" where the mouse is. but it does not seem to work in 7.2. has anything changed that i don't know off?. just sais "spell not learned yet" but i can use it from my spellbook so im confused. halp.Theblighted17 13 Apr
13 Apr My status text on hp/mana-bar won't change back.. I have this silly 'issue' with my interface which is very annoying for me. I canged my healthbar till precentage (under Display-Status text) when I healed with this new affix on m+. But now I want it back to how it was, it used to show no text up there, but when I held the mouse over it show healthpoints. Now if I set it on "none" and I hold mouse over, it says precentage, not numbers.. Also tried to switch it over to "numeric value" but then it shows constantly.. Meh :(Sillicious1 13 Apr
13 Apr Slow and Smooth Camera movement ? Hey guys, a pretty useless thread here, I just wanted to know how some guys I see on youtube get these super slow and smooth camera movement,zone footage for exemple, do you guys have any idea ? A macro ? An addon ? I've seen some tutorial on how to make smooth movement, but it's only onto your character, like slow transition between max distance and first person.. I hope someone will be able to help me out ! Thanks guys :)Pandafro1 13 Apr
13 Apr Hidden Artifact Appearance Tracker So the dungeon trackers are now showing 0/30 instead of [progress]/100, has the amount of dungeons been nerfed or is this a bug? I just did a dungeon and the number is still stuck at 0.Baby2 13 Apr
13 Apr UI Help: Removing gradient from bars with script Hi guys so I was looking for a way to use the "flat" texture found in many ui addon kits with the default blizzard ui and stumbled on a post from the US forums with this script : local function update() local i,bar = 1 repeat bar = _G["CompactRaidFrame"..i.."HealthBar"] if bar then bar:SetStatusBarTexture(0.75,0.75,0.75) end i=i+1 until not bar end local f = CreateFrame("Frame") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self,event,...) if CompactRaidFrameContainer_AddUnitFrame then self:UnregisterAllEvents() hooksecurefunc("CompactRaidFrameContainer_AddUnitFrame",update) update() end end) f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN") f:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED") which succesfully makes raid frames "flat" ie. have no gradient. I really want the same thing on hp bars (which I have seen in someone's ui) but have no idea about scripting really, could anyone help me out with how to do this? Much appreciated in advance!Gorenghast3 13 Apr
13 Apr Addons/WA for Gaurdian Tanks? Just thought I'd try tanking (Bear) extremely new so is there any addons/weakaura's that are useful for tanks/bears?Jonezyblud1 13 Apr