Interface and Macros

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
07 Mar 2011 WoW User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. 15 July 2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. 13 April 2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On 20 March, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at WoWUI@blizzard.com.Takralus0 07 Mar 2011
05 Aug Battle For Azeroth Addon Changes World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth 8.0 Release Notes for Wow Addon Developers With the release of Battle for Azeroth Beta, the WoW User Interface team would like to highlight some upcoming changes that will affect addon developers. Many of these changes are already in place on the Beta realms, while some others will not be in place until the BFA pre-patch. If you aren’t an addon developer, this list will probably not be of much interest to you: Combat Log Event Changes The COMBAT_LOG_EVENT & COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED events no longer have any event payload. In order to get the information passed down previously with these events, please use the CombatLogGetCurrentEventInfo function. Spell System API Changes Due to a change we made on the backend, Spell System API & Events have several major changes. Please read the following if you are using Spell API or Events in your addons. Spell text fields — such as its name’s subtext or description — are now loaded on demand, except for the spell’s name. This affects the following functions: Function Name -- Return value affected GetActiveArtifactByRace -- #5 (spell description) GetArtifactInfoByRace -- #5 (spell description) GetRecipeDescription -- #1(spell description) GetSelectedArtifactInfo -- #5 (spell description) GetSpellBookItemName -- #2 (spell name subtext) GetSpellDescription -- #1 (spell description) GetTrainerServiceAbilityReq -- #1(spell name subtext) GetTrainerServiceDescription -- #1 (spell description) If you call these functions, the listed return value may be nil or empty, since the data is not available at the time of the function call. We offer an interface in Lua —SpellMixin — that delays a call until the data is available. This interface lets you call functions from the previous list without the risk of returning empty data. local spell = Spell:CreateFromSpellID(spellID); spell:ContinueOnSpellLoad(function() spellButton:SetText(GetSpellDescription(spell:GetSpellID()); end); The SetText call is immediate if the spell text is loaded and available. If not, it delays the call until the data loads. If you need to cancel a request at any point, use this interface: local spell = Spell:CreateFromSpellID(spellID); local spellDataLoadedCancelFunc = spell:ContinueWithCancelOnSpellLoad(function() button:SetText(GetSpellDescription(spell:GetSpellID()); end); When you're ready to cancel the request, call the cancellation function: if spellDataLoadedCancelFunc then spellDataLoadedCancelFunc(); spellDataLoadedCancelFunc = nil; -- for safety! end In addition to the ContinueOnSpellLoad functions, SpellMixin offers the following member functions to query various spell text fields: GetSpellID() The Spell ID associated with this SpellMixin. GetSpellName() The spell’s name. GetSpellSubtext() The spell’s name subtext (often the spell rank). GetSpellDescription() The spell’s description. You should call these functions from your captured function body, as in the previous examples. The following is the first example, simplified using these functions. local spell = Spell:CreateFromSpellID(spellID); spell:ContinueOnSpellLoad(function() spellButton:SetText(spell:GetSpellDescription()); end); Function changes: • GetSpellInfo - second parameter used to return Spell.nameSubtext -- now returns nil. • GetTrainerServiceInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetShapeshiftFormInfo - dropped second parameter (name). • GetMacroSpell - dropped first two parameters (name, and nameSubtext). • GetPetActionInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetPossessInfo - second parameter changed from spell name to spell ID. • CancelUnitBuff - no longer supports canceling by spell name. • UnitBuff - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). Also, no longer supports querying by spell name. • UnitDebuff - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). Also, no longer supports querying by spell name. • UnitAura - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). Also, no longer supports querying by spell name. • UnitCastingInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • UnitChannelInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GameTooltip:GetSpell - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetAuraInfo - no longer supports querying by spell name. • GetItemSpell - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetSpellLink - no longer returns trade skill link as second parameter (see GetSpellTradeSkillLink below). Functions removed: • FindSpellOverrideNameByName • FindBaseSpellNameByName • SearchGuildRecipes Functions added: • CancelPetPossess • FindSpellOverrideByID • FindBaseSpellByID • DoesSpellExist • GetSpellTradeSkillLink • GetSpellSubtext Event changes: • UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_FAILED_QUIET - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_INTERRUPTED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_START - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_FAILED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_STOP - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_DELAYED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_START - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_UPDATE - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_STOP - no longer provide spell name and rank. World Map Changes The World Map has been almost entirely re-written, and all map API was removed. It’s being replaced but we are currently still transitioning. worldMapAreaID, dungeonMapID, dungeonFloor have all been removed and replaced with just uiMapID. We have included a mapping between the old and new data in AddOns/Blizzard_Deprecated/UIMapIDToWorldMapAreaID.lua to help you translate your data. Event Documentation In addition to function and table API documentation, all events and their payload are now documented. The documentation can be accessed in-game by using the /api command. You can find the raw documentation files in /AddOns/Blizzard_APIDocumentation. They are exported through the existing ‘ExportInterfaceFiles code’ command. UI Widgets are replacing the World State Frame (and much more to come) UI Widgets are a new system that we have put in place to handle a wide variety of UI tasks going forward. As a result, WorldStateFrame is no longer needed and will be going away entirely. World State events will still be sent down as before, so don’t worry if you were relying on those. There are new events and UI Widget system API functions … see UIWidgetManagerDocumentation.lua in the documentation folder. For further information, see the lua & xml files in the \AddOns\Blizzard_UIWidgets folder. Voice Chat The new Voice Chat system is now live! Documentation for the Voice Chat API is in the normal documentation folder as listed above. VoiceActivityManager is a Lua-side system that lets you register for the creation of notification frames when a member in voice chat starts talking. You can use the RegisterFrameForVoiceActivityNotifications and UnregisterFrameForVoiceActivityNotifications methods for this purpose. Pool Collections PoolCollections are a new Lua-side system that allows you to register multiple pools for creating frames using different templates and/or frame types and not have to keep a Pool around for each one. It works in much the same way that Pools do, you just need to make sure that you call CreatePool before you attempt to create an object of a particular type. Here is an example of how you might use PoolCollections: -- First create the PoolCollection and call CreatePool for every template type you will be creating self.myPools = CreatePoolCollection(); self.myPools:CreatePool("FRAME", parent, "FrameTemplateA"); self.myPools:CreatePool("FRAME", parent, " FrameTemplateB"); self.myPools:CreatePool("BUTTON", parent, "ButtonTemplateA"); self.myPools:CreatePool("BUTTON ", parent, " ButtonTemplateB"); -- Then creating any of those templates is as easy as calling Acquire on the PoolCollection local frame1 = self.myPools:Acquire("FrameTemplateA"); local frame2 = self.myPools:Acquire("FrameTemplateB"); local frame3 = self.myPools:Acquire("FrameTemplateB"); local button1 = self.myPools:Acquire("ButtonTemplateB"); local button2 = self.myPools:Acquire("ButtonTemplateA"); -- And when you are done with the frames, you can release them one by one or use ReleaseAll self.myPools:Release(frame3); self.myPools:ReleaseAll(); Changes to Texture object API • The SetRotation(radians) function now rotates the textures vertices instead of modifying the texture cords • Added a GetRotation function • Setting the rotation will no longer destroy texture coords set by SetTexCoord • Unlike the old API, rotations will persist across anchor changes • Textures created in XML can be initialized rotated with the “rotation” attribute, specified in degrees Other changes to Frame API • Texture, FontString and Line can now be scaled directly using the newly added SetScale, GetScale and GetEffectiveScale functions • The Model XML attribute “scale” is now called “modelScale” Miscellaneous Changes • Attempting to register or unregister for an unknown event will now generate a Lua error • We made several improvements to the performance of anchor-processing • Anchor processing is also less likely to fail to resolve a valid rect • xpcall now accepts arguments like pcall does • The alert system was overhauled, allowing for there to be multiple independent alert/toast areas in the UI. We also added a new intrinsic type called ContainedAlertFrame to be used for alerts. • Context menus can now have a custom frame imbedded into them. • GetItemInfo now respects player’s link level for sell priceAerythlea10 05 Aug
5d Default raid frames automatic profile switch I'm wondering if there's any way to make it so that Blizzard's raid frames automatically switch profiles based on the number of people in the raid. For example: from 5 to 15 people activate profile "A", from 25 to 40 people activate profile "B" etc. You have to do it manually and it's quite annoying if you constantly run random BGs. Even an AddOn would do, any suggestions? Edit: Typos.Yiskah25 5d
6d Pull Timer macro without DBM Hey, Title says all. Can someone help me with a countdown macro without the use of addons like DBM? I tried to create one myself but I didn't get it to work. Would be nice to have like a 5 second countdown.Revorgus11 6d
6d How can i reset the text fonts ??? how can i reset the text fonts wich the addon elve ui changed or overwrote ? ofc i deinstalled elvui first but the text fonts were still not the vanilla ones from wow. after that i deinstalled and reinstalled wow and the fonts were changed tried to delete the configs only in the WTF folder. no change pls help me how can i reset this ? https://imgur.com/a/JRV5tof the letters have this monochrome outline still from elve ui ):Jzggernaut0 6d
6d Tidy Plates in BFA - post your profiles Greetings folks, i suppose u have already noticed, that Tidy Plates has been updated and just working flawlessly. Because i am used on KUI Nameplates and mainly because i spent a while with setting things up, i am kinda lazy to make it again with Tidy Plates. The main reason why i would like to properly try Tidy Plates, because graphic design - just love it, bars etc... it's amazing. And besides that, i just found out, that KUI Nameplates somethings doesn't show on screen when i am focused on big ad or boss from old content. Which is very annoying. So i would like to ask you guys, if someone of u using Tidy Plates - DPS/TANK/HEAL - share your profile here please with me. Tx a lotCryptshaolin0 6d
6d Toggle Slow Fall Macro Can anyone tell me if there's a macro that will toggle Slow Fall on and off, I guess using /cancelaura if it's possible? In fact when experimenting, I discovered that /cancelaura Slow Fall doesn't even work. Any idea if there's a macro that can cancel Slow Fall?Yeshuagave2 6d
6d Action bar missing? My action bar suddenly changed when i leveled up - and i can not get it back to how i used to. I can not add any actions to i t. There is only three but I can not change? Or get it back to how it used. The ''new'' aciton bar do not have any damage actions.. Please help!Alezan73A07C4 6d
6d VuhDo - How to remove pets? On my Hunter I seem to have pet bars showing as default on my VuhDo raid frames. I have no clue how I can remove the bet bars, they take up a alot of space. Can anyone tell me?Krayzie4 6d
6d How to remove "+x Azerite collected" from chat? http://prntscr.com/kzm86b example This is rly annoying, clumps up my chat, i rather have this in my combat log. I wish there was an option to turn it off like evrything else in chat. http://prntscr.com/kzm8yg solution? Anyone who hates this as much as i do found a solution? :D I would appreciate it a lot.Aru3 6d
13 Nov Load out of date addons misbehaving Hi there. I recently tried using the addonCPUusage addon to see my how my addons manage my resources. After using it (even after deleting it) my addons seem to be outdated (none of them are marked red in the character selection) and even if i check the load out of date addons box most of my addons won't work. The only solution i found so far is to load with the load out of date button checked, and use addoncontrolpannel to uncheck it in game for my addons to function properly, but every time i relog or switch characters i must do the exact same thing. Is there any solution for that without having to delete all the addons and their configurations to avoid configuring them from scratch?Nerghal0 13 Nov
13 Nov TSM "region sell rate" problem Hi, I installed TSM not long ago for selling transmogs and other farms. I'm having trouble to determine what to sell to vendor and what to put on AH because the "region sell rate" is not showing up on 95% of the transmogs I loot. And when it shows up, it's either 0.5 or 1.0. And I'm pretty sure "region sell rate" should show numbers going from 0.01 to 1 and above. I know it's only an indicative number but it's a good way to tell the difference between good and bad green items in my opinion. Maybe I didn't understand how sell rate works. Do someone care explaining to me?Johnnyboii3 13 Nov
12 Nov Blizzard Raidwarning gone I have a problem..i somehow deactivated the Blizzard Raidwarnings (shown in the Screenshot) Maybe it has to do with the Addon Motveanything? But i can't find where to activate it again... https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-51dd92-1541951011.jpg.html thanks for your help!Stygg1 12 Nov
12 Nov Help Script buff on default party frame Hello guys, I'm using this script to show the buff on the default party frame, is it possible to see ONLY my buff instead every buffs ? hooksecurefunc("UnitFramePortrait_Update",function(self) if self.portrait then if UnitIsPlayer(self.unit) then local t = CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS[select(2, UnitClass(self.unit))] if t then self.portrait:SetTexture("Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-Classes-Circles") self.portrait:SetTexCoord(unpack(t)) end else self.portrait:SetTexCoord(0,1,0,1) end end end) for i=1,4 do local f = _G["PartyMemberFrame"..i] f:UnregisterEvent("UNIT_AURA") local g = CreateFrame("Frame") g:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA") g:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self,event,a1) if a1 == f.unit then RefreshDebuffs(f,a1,20,nil,1) else if a1 == f.unit.."pet" then PartyMemberFrame_RefreshPetDebuffs(f) end end end) local b = _G[f:GetName().."Debuff1"] b:ClearAllPoints() b:SetPoint("LEFT",f,"RIGHT",-80,-16) for j=5,20 do local l = f:GetName().."Debuff" local n = l..j local c = CreateFrame("Frame",n,f,"PartyDebuffFrameTemplate") c:SetPoint("LEFT",_G[l..(j-1)],"RIGHT") end end for i=1,4 do local f = _G["PartyMemberFrame"..i] f:UnregisterEvent("UNIT_AURA") local g = CreateFrame("Frame") g:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA") g:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self,event,a1) if a1 == f.unit then RefreshBuffs(f,a1,20,nil,1) end end) for j=1,20 do local l = f:GetName().."Buff" local n = l..j local c = CreateFrame("Frame",n,f,"TargetBuffFrameTemplate") c:EnableMouse(false) if j == 1 then c:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",125,-10) else c:SetPoint("LEFT",_G[l..(j-1)],"RIGHT",1,0) end end end Thx :)Leÿna0 12 Nov
12 Nov Macro Conditional Cast renewal or swiftmend First macro time here. I'm trying to develop a macro that will cast renewal if the target is myself or cast swiftmend in any other case. For example, if renewal is on CD swiftmend would cast on myself. I think we could simply run two casts as the GCD would be triggered by the first call to cast(?) /cast [@player]renewal /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead]swiftmend But this doesn't seem to work, in fact it casts both at the same time which is interesting. Please help!Tivaci5 12 Nov
11 Nov using mouse hi i am still using my mouse and keyboard in wow how do i change over to using the keyboard as everyone is says they dont use mouse to click there characters ability i use my arrow keys to move my ton around and then use my mouse for everything easel am now tanking and raiding so was thinking i get into macros and so on As guild say's i would find it easier i have always played with mouse and keyboard in that way but think it would speed me up as playing with mouse have to look to see what characters ability i am clicking on and other tank has only 5 buttons on has tanking bar as all macros i have never made a Marco and cant get my head round it making them workHornfu1 11 Nov
11 Nov addon for changeing sounds of abilities im currently playing on a druid and i cant stand the sounds of the feral spec abilities. its the worst sounds iv ever heard. i like the gameplay tho. how can i get either old sounds for feral or change it with an addon? i know there is a addon somewhere for changeing the sounds of hunters gun sound. is there anything similar for feral druid abilities?Bimmi0 11 Nov
11 Nov GCD / error sound remover Is there an up-to-date working version of this anywhere? The most recent I could find is "Error Sounds Be Gone!" on Curse but it's nearly a year old and didn't work for me when I tried it :(Woogi11 11 Nov
11 Nov Spell Notification Addon I am looking for an addon that displays a configurable message of a specific spell used by the opposing arena team. So when for example the enemy hunter uses Intimidation I'd like to have a bright notification on my screen. It doesn't necessarily have to be the icon of the ability used itself, it can also be the ability in text form. I tried using the "Spell Alert" function of Power Auras but didn't get it to work since it seemingly doesn't apply to spells used in general and not just the ones used by my for example current target or focus target. OmniBar does track the spell itself but the immediate usage kinda drowns in the other icons. Gladiatorlossa does generally have the option to track Intimidation but sadly the sound file for it is apparently missing. Thus it doesn't work. So what I basicaly look for is an alternative to the old Spell Alerter Addon https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/spell-alerter Does anyone have an idea?Homerjayx0 11 Nov
11 Nov Macro Help - Block Stats Hi all I am trying to locate some stats from my characters so I can get an idea of their differences and for personal interest. I have created a simple macro which works well using the below: ... Results: Dump: value=GetShieldBlock() [1]=4965 Dump: value=GetBlockChance() [1]=26.56 ... I would like some help trying to find the correct way of returning the percentage damage reduction amount seen in the block mouse over from the character sheet. The part written as 'Blocking reduces damage of an attack by 44.07%' Does anyone know how you return this percentage? ThanksHypocrite4 11 Nov
11 Nov Addon to filter AH for pets you don't have Good evening. I have stumbled upon a couple of addons that are terribly outdated and not supported. Perhaps someone here have an idea about an addon that lets one to filter AH for pets one doesn't own? It's so much pain to just browse through hundred pages of crap to find something new. ThanksКракозюбрище2 11 Nov
11 Nov Macro for Archangel and Dark Archangel BFA Hi guys. I try to make a macro on my Disci Priest to use Archangel or Dark Archangel in arena and also to be able to see the icon when I change the PVP talent. I tried next macro: #showtooltip /cast Dark Archangel(PvP Talent) /cast Archangel(PvP Talent) But if I swap to Archangel talent is not showing me the icon for Archangel.Tygruletz0 11 Nov
10 Nov /targetenemy issue Hello everyone. I am trying to build a macro for fast targeting without using Tab(which cycles through targets but not always good targets) So if i am using: /cleartarget /targetenemy /use (whatever spell here) this targets exactly the target in front of me, near or far and if i change my camera angle, it switches to a different target in front of me. This works perfect, as long as there is no caster enemy anywhere close. Why does /target enemy focuses on the caster all of the sudden? Can i write a condition to ignore the caster and just focus on whatever mob is in front? Or is there another /target(no condition)enemy functionality i can use? (Sorry if this is a repost)Sawako1 10 Nov
10 Nov "/castrandom" not working as expected since patch I'm not quite sure if this is about a bug or 'working as intended from now on', but since the patch, "/castrandom" is not working as before the patch. Before the patch, I used 'castrandom' in a macro to get a random mount from a list of mounts and it was a new random one every time I fired off the macro. Now, when i fire off the (same as before) macro, it'll give me a random mount and as long as I remain logged on to the character, it'll return the same mount every time. After logging, I get a new mount and I'll 'keep' that mount for the rest of the session.Bandrigh44 10 Nov
10 Nov XP/Rep/Honor bars - not showing numbers. How to show my numbers on the XP bar and Honor/Reputation? I have WoW 1 and WoW 2. In WoW 1 my bars show the numbers all the time but in WoW 2 you have to move mouse cursor on the bar to see the numbers for a sec. I cant find anywhere in "Interface" the option to show it permanently. There is "Display Numeric Values" but it works only for characters Health Bar.Beroe0 10 Nov
10 Nov Cd's stance bar Conbulstion! Hello! I search like one week after this macro! Please, can someone professional help me! I need a macro when i have Combulstion up to switch automaticaly on second bar After Combulstion finish automaticaly to swtich back on bar 1 also it will be great if i have that sound from rogue when stance swich! Thanks!Légoläs1 10 Nov
09 Nov [sArena] Disable Right Click Focus So my problem is that i have the enemy unit frames next to my character, so quite centered and it happens really often that i accidentally perform a right click on one of the enemy plates. Right clicking on those automatically sets that player as my focus target and since i am playing with some focus target macros that sometimes !@#$s up my game. Is there any way to disable that?Eaglestar3 09 Nov
09 Nov Addon WQ for BFA? "World Quest Tracker" are for Legion WQ. Where I find addon for BFA like Legion's? ThanksRedde4 09 Nov
09 Nov heal/harm macro for a dumb guy. Started to play a resto shaman a little bit - find healing quite fun from time to time. But more and more, as I level up, people ask me about doing damage while I have nothing particular to heal. Sure, I can do that, but I don't have any more keys to bind, therefore it looks like this: tab-target enemy-> do dmg by mouse clicking in abilities-> click-target tank/whoever is in danger -> heal -> repeat So, how would I put a macro that can heal people and harm my mouseover target? Or maybe the other way around, how would I put a macro that lets me heal my mouseover target, while I have enemy on a target? For example spells use Healing Surge and Lightning Bolt Thanks in advance!Oblech1 09 Nov
09 Nov Mouseover / target macro Helloes. Been absent for a long time, I've lost the ability to do macros and I've lost every macro I had. Anyways, trying DH out, I thought I'd get myself a mouseover macro for Imprison, but I also want the macro to work if I click a mob so I have it in target. Meaning I wanna be able to Imprison if targetted, but if I just wanna mouse over it, I'll still cc it. #showtooltip Imprison /cast [mod:shift,@focus][@mouseover,harm] Imprison This is my mouseover macro but it doesn't work if I target something, in this case I HAVE to mouseover.Zumlin4 09 Nov
07 Nov Macro quickie Originally posted on rogue forums, but it belongs here rather I guess: Hello guys, this is the original macro I use: #showtooltip /cast vendetta /use [nostealth] 13 /use [nostealth] 14 /cast [nostealth] Fireblood Vendetta and Fireblood nicely align as both have 2 min CDs. And if you want to use vendetta without breaking stealth with fireblood and trinket use, you need no modifier, you can just spam the same button. After you used your opener, it will trigger the trinket and fireblood as well. It worked well for me, but I wanted to spice it up a little more. Adding a conditional that completely prevents the use of fireblood. As in pvp - there are more tactical options to use fireblood other than dps. So I wanted to add a talent choice - as a conditional - that I will only use in pvp. I chose internal bleeding: #showtooltip /cast vendetta /use [nostealth] 13 /use [nostealth] 14 /cast [nostealth][talent:5/2][talent:5/3] Fireblood So what I want the last line to do is to use fireblood only if I have the other 2 talents in that row and if I am not in stealth. But if I add the talent conditionals the 'nostealth' condition is being ignored, and it knocks me out of stealth. Any idea would be helpful.Baldrasta2 07 Nov
07 Nov Help! trinket macro not working as intended #showtooltip empower rune weapon /cast Empower Rune Weapon /cast Blood Fury /use 13 /use 14 This causes my second trinket to enter a 20 second cooldown and isn't used, I'm using doom's fury for my first trinket (1m45s cd) and Vial of Animated Blood (1m30s cd) Can't figure out why this is happeningGraav2 07 Nov
07 Nov GladiatorLOSa not working! Where can I get help with this. I have GladiatorLOSa installed via twitch and when I enable it in interface it says spell id 329485 invalid, spell id 85859 invalid... and so on. What do I do?Doktoress2 07 Nov
07 Nov Modify Blizzard UI Textures? Hey! Does anyone know how to change the texture colors while still using the standard ui? I want the actionbars, minimap and castbars to look something like in this here addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24007-SUI.html Do I have to learn how to write code and stuff to make that happen? Or is there a texturepack somewhere that I don't know about that does this?Sherimoon1 07 Nov
06 Nov Elvui and shields&debuffs Hey guys. I have a problem with the elvui frames and i don't know what i did. First i can't see the shields (on my disc) if the target is 100% hp. Before i could see it..a little white thingy at the healthbar. And i saw that in the shrine of the storm at the last boss, when i get the Whispers of power my health frame looks like i have 100% even though i have many stacks of the debuff and i have like 25K hp. I think both problems are related.Palabubbles2 06 Nov
06 Nov Cat/Prowl, combat/nocombat macro help needed! I created this macro and it nearly works as intended, but if I'm mounted or in another form, other than Cat Form and out of combat, it will only put me into Cat Form and will not put me into prowl, so can anyone help me with this please? /showtooltip /castsequence reset=6 [nocombat, nostealth] Prowl, Cat Form; [combat, nostealth] Cat Form; [stealth] ProwlTwohorns2 06 Nov
06 Nov Abusive addons So apparently there's some addon that just invites everyone within reach to join the party. I'm sick and tired getting multiple invites each WQ from characters that I can't even see anywhere. (yes there's a block option but that's besides the point) There's no reason for the game to even allow such behaviour. And it gets abused by the lowlifes as well. Just recently I got yet another "invite" during the WQ and I just ignored it and moved on to the next WQ. Sure enough the very same guy "invites" me again, but this time I see him, standing there doing nothing. So it's used to leech off of the gullible ppl, that think it helps them to complete faster. How about blizzard just removes mass invitation option, at least the one that allows just randomly invite mass of ppl?Tigerfist5 06 Nov
06 Nov Hunter Pet. Want to move Frenzy bar middle of screen. Hunter, Frenzy bar-pet. In the middle of screen. I want to move it. I have "moveanything". Cant find the bar to move it. Any ideas tx :- Its when using barbed shot. The pet goes into frenzy and the green/red bar shows right in the middle.Thebride1 06 Nov
06 Nov Blizzard frames that are hidden out-of-combat I'm looking for something that will allow the default blizzard player and target frames (or frames from an addon that look exactly like the blizzard frames) to be hidden outside of combat? Shadowed unit frames and pitbull unit frames change how they look which is not what I'm after.Oodoov7 06 Nov
06 Nov Issues with cast sequence macro since pre patch I have used the below macro for quite some time without issues (give or take a few different spells in there) #showtooltip /castsequence reset=30 Unholy Frenzy, Apocalypse, Army of the Dead /use Blood Fury At the moment what it will do is the following: First click - uses bloody fury and pops unholy frenzy Second click - the tool tip shows apocalypse but doesn't activate the move It has been problematic since the release of 8.01 but if i just deleted and re-created the macro it would work for the remainder of my logged in session then stop again if i log out. Now it just flat out doesn't work in a cast sequence /cast apocalypse works fine but /castsequence apocalypse doesn't Tried the new spell id in /cast and /castsequence which doesn't workToobyy5 06 Nov
05 Nov Resto druid help/harm macro for feral affinity Hey guys, Does anyone know if its possible to make a macro that casts for example lifebloom when targeting a friendly target and if targeting an enemy and you are in cat form it uses a cat form spell like rake? Mouseovers are not really required if that helps. My healer in pvp wants to be able to have both spells on one keybind so she can easily switch between healing and dps (as resto) without additional keybinds or modifiers. Cheers!Stabem3 05 Nov
05 Nov Problems with HandyNotes Hi I mashed up my WTF folder and by mistake deleted it and replaced it with an old folder, so I had to reset everything, which means my HandyNotes addon isn't working anymore for BfA. As you can see here I can see a treasure on my Minimap, but on my actual Map there isn't any treasure? Though the achievement skulls are shown correctly? https://imgur.com/a/AaSO8Dn It is also only for BfA content. It shows all the treasures in Legion. And I have updated HandyNotes, HandyNotes Legion and HandyNotes Battle For Azeroth. Anyone who can help?Watchmetrap0 05 Nov
05 Nov Toys API The community has created some wonderful sites for us collectors, in particular my pet collecting would have been far harder without them. Unfortunately the Toybox does not have a related API and I am unable to find a forum post since 2017 that mentions the lack of one. Has anyone heard of a plan for Blizzard to create an API for this aspect of the game for the community?Mogwaisuck1 05 Nov
04 Nov Improving default BlizzardUI Hello everyone, I seeking advice in improving the default Blizzard UI. What I achieved until now is the following: - Set a specific in-game tooltip position - Set a specific in-game player and target frame position - Set a specific in-game player cast bar position - Hide various frames - Class colour frames - Style chat What I would like to implement is: - Hide server from names in raid frames - Hide group number from raid frames The current code (which isn't working) is the following: hooksecurefunc("CompactUnitFrame_UpdateName",function(frame) if frame and not frame:IsForbidden() then local frame_name = frame:GetName() if frame_name and frame_name:match("^CompactRaidFrame%d") and frame.unit and frame.name then local unit_name = GetUnitName(frame.unit,true) if unit_name then frame.name:SetText(unit_name:match("[^-]+")) end end end end) hooksecurefunc("CompactUnitFrame_UpdateName", function(frame) if ShouldShowName(frame) then if frame.optionTable.colorNameBySelection then frame.name:SetText(GetUnitName(frame.unit)) end end end) Can you help me in doing this? Thanks in advance and sorry for my english :)Sfilatino2 04 Nov
04 Nov Battle Stance Macro /cast [stance:1]Defensive Stance;[stance:2]Battle Stance; /equipset[stance:1] Cobolt-Defense;[stance:2]Spiked-Attack; I am sure you can se what i am trying here, when the character goes to Defensive stance 1 i want set Cobolt-Defense, and Stance 2 i want set Spiked-Attack. It only partly work becouse it wont understand that when in BattleStance it whould put on Spiked-Attack. I have offccourse tested if everything is typed correctly by testing one command at a time, and that work. As it is the character changes from Battle to Defensive and quip Cobolt Defense, but it dont put on Spiked attack. suggestions? edit: Also tried to set each command with the exact same result: /cast [stance:1]Defensive Stance /cast [stance:2]Battle Stance; /equipset [stance:1] Cobolt-Defense; /equipset [stance:2]Spiked-Attack;Glenntheman1 04 Nov
03 Nov [Resolved] Is Ace3 library discontinued ? Hello guys, I was trying to create a simple addon and I want to add a small GUI for option. After few search, I found that Ace3 could be the solution. I tried to follow this guide (https://wow.gamepedia.com/WelcomeHome_-_Your_first_Ace3_Addon), which is a little outdated. But I can't have the display in the first part ("Saying Hello" part). I checked all my code and it's exactly what the guide says. I don't have any output, but I can see with (message("...")) calls that I never enter in the three methods (OnEnabled etc.). Is Ace3 addon discontinued ? If yes, is there a remplacement to have a simple GUI for few options ? If not, do the API change for that parts of the tutorial ? Where can I find a recent quick starting ? Thank you very muchKazdum5 03 Nov
03 Nov Can't get [harm] [help] Macro to run Hey, I can't get my macro to work. I want to cast Surging Mist if I have no target or my target is friendly and the same button should cast Rising Sun Kick if it's an enemy. But it always only casts Surging Mist. I tried all of this: /cast Rising Sun Kick;[help]Surging Mist /cast Surging Mist;[harm]Rising Sun Kick /cast [help]Surging Mist;[harm]Rising Sun Kick /cast [harm]Rising Sun Kick;[help]Surging Mist My other Macros *Renewing Mist/Blackout Kick* and *Soothing Mist/Tiger Palm* work fine :(Wurstbaguett1 03 Nov
03 Nov Ambient sound setting resets Here's what's happening. - I go to System > Sound and I turn off Ambient Sounds - I CTRL+S to mute - I CTRL+S to unmute - Ambient Sounds is turned on automatically This does not happen for the Music or Sound Effects settings, which will retain their selection (either on or off) after unmutting the game. Is there any easy way to fix this? Is there any way to permanently disable ambient sound.Plumbum9 03 Nov
03 Nov Arms/Fury - Mod Execute macro issue Hello guys, Im macroing about anything that i see fit and setting up all that i need in one bar on my UI. So far i dont have issue with simple and some advanced macros. But one thing i cant manage to make it work is simple mod Execute macro for Arms/Fury warriors. Initially, its working fine, but when i switch specs from Arms to Fury it appears that macro is not refreshing and on my macro is displayed tooltip for Arms version of Execute (Execute costs 20-40 rage), even so im obviously in Fury. This rends Execute in this macro useless. Reloading UI does actually nothing, so only "fix" is to log out and back in. For a reference, see this image https://i.imgur.com/H5OIv4Y.jpg #showtooltip /cast [mod] Heroic Throw; Execute And quite a lot of different version of it. Same bug happens every time. I have even tried making NEW macros, and every time same issue occurs, my macro keeps forcing on me Arms version of the Execute even so im in Fury. EDIT: After some testing it appears that "Massacre" arms talent is what is breaking this macro. As soon as i speced out of it macro started working fine. Anyone has any ideas for workaround for not speccing out of Arm's Massacre talent to make this to work in Fury as it should? Bug report submitted.Ulsig2 03 Nov