Interface and Macros

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
07 Mar 2011 WoW User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. 15 July 2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. 13 April 2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On 20 March, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at WoWUI@blizzard.com.Takralus0 07 Mar 2011
05 Aug Battle For Azeroth Addon Changes World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth 8.0 Release Notes for Wow Addon Developers With the release of Battle for Azeroth Beta, the WoW User Interface team would like to highlight some upcoming changes that will affect addon developers. Many of these changes are already in place on the Beta realms, while some others will not be in place until the BFA pre-patch. If you aren’t an addon developer, this list will probably not be of much interest to you: Combat Log Event Changes The COMBAT_LOG_EVENT & COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED events no longer have any event payload. In order to get the information passed down previously with these events, please use the CombatLogGetCurrentEventInfo function. Spell System API Changes Due to a change we made on the backend, Spell System API & Events have several major changes. Please read the following if you are using Spell API or Events in your addons. Spell text fields — such as its name’s subtext or description — are now loaded on demand, except for the spell’s name. This affects the following functions: Function Name -- Return value affected GetActiveArtifactByRace -- #5 (spell description) GetArtifactInfoByRace -- #5 (spell description) GetRecipeDescription -- #1(spell description) GetSelectedArtifactInfo -- #5 (spell description) GetSpellBookItemName -- #2 (spell name subtext) GetSpellDescription -- #1 (spell description) GetTrainerServiceAbilityReq -- #1(spell name subtext) GetTrainerServiceDescription -- #1 (spell description) If you call these functions, the listed return value may be nil or empty, since the data is not available at the time of the function call. We offer an interface in Lua —SpellMixin — that delays a call until the data is available. This interface lets you call functions from the previous list without the risk of returning empty data. local spell = Spell:CreateFromSpellID(spellID); spell:ContinueOnSpellLoad(function() spellButton:SetText(GetSpellDescription(spell:GetSpellID()); end); The SetText call is immediate if the spell text is loaded and available. If not, it delays the call until the data loads. If you need to cancel a request at any point, use this interface: local spell = Spell:CreateFromSpellID(spellID); local spellDataLoadedCancelFunc = spell:ContinueWithCancelOnSpellLoad(function() button:SetText(GetSpellDescription(spell:GetSpellID()); end); When you're ready to cancel the request, call the cancellation function: if spellDataLoadedCancelFunc then spellDataLoadedCancelFunc(); spellDataLoadedCancelFunc = nil; -- for safety! end In addition to the ContinueOnSpellLoad functions, SpellMixin offers the following member functions to query various spell text fields: GetSpellID() The Spell ID associated with this SpellMixin. GetSpellName() The spell’s name. GetSpellSubtext() The spell’s name subtext (often the spell rank). GetSpellDescription() The spell’s description. You should call these functions from your captured function body, as in the previous examples. The following is the first example, simplified using these functions. local spell = Spell:CreateFromSpellID(spellID); spell:ContinueOnSpellLoad(function() spellButton:SetText(spell:GetSpellDescription()); end); Function changes: • GetSpellInfo - second parameter used to return Spell.nameSubtext -- now returns nil. • GetTrainerServiceInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetShapeshiftFormInfo - dropped second parameter (name). • GetMacroSpell - dropped first two parameters (name, and nameSubtext). • GetPetActionInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetPossessInfo - second parameter changed from spell name to spell ID. • CancelUnitBuff - no longer supports canceling by spell name. • UnitBuff - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). Also, no longer supports querying by spell name. • UnitDebuff - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). Also, no longer supports querying by spell name. • UnitAura - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). Also, no longer supports querying by spell name. • UnitCastingInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • UnitChannelInfo - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GameTooltip:GetSpell - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetAuraInfo - no longer supports querying by spell name. • GetItemSpell - dropped second parameter (nameSubtext). • GetSpellLink - no longer returns trade skill link as second parameter (see GetSpellTradeSkillLink below). Functions removed: • FindSpellOverrideNameByName • FindBaseSpellNameByName • SearchGuildRecipes Functions added: • CancelPetPossess • FindSpellOverrideByID • FindBaseSpellByID • DoesSpellExist • GetSpellTradeSkillLink • GetSpellSubtext Event changes: • UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_FAILED_QUIET - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_INTERRUPTED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_START - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_FAILED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_STOP - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_DELAYED - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_START - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_UPDATE - no longer provide spell name and rank. • UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_STOP - no longer provide spell name and rank. World Map Changes The World Map has been almost entirely re-written, and all map API was removed. It’s being replaced but we are currently still transitioning. worldMapAreaID, dungeonMapID, dungeonFloor have all been removed and replaced with just uiMapID. We have included a mapping between the old and new data in AddOns/Blizzard_Deprecated/UIMapIDToWorldMapAreaID.lua to help you translate your data. Event Documentation In addition to function and table API documentation, all events and their payload are now documented. The documentation can be accessed in-game by using the /api command. You can find the raw documentation files in /AddOns/Blizzard_APIDocumentation. They are exported through the existing ‘ExportInterfaceFiles code’ command. UI Widgets are replacing the World State Frame (and much more to come) UI Widgets are a new system that we have put in place to handle a wide variety of UI tasks going forward. As a result, WorldStateFrame is no longer needed and will be going away entirely. World State events will still be sent down as before, so don’t worry if you were relying on those. There are new events and UI Widget system API functions … see UIWidgetManagerDocumentation.lua in the documentation folder. For further information, see the lua & xml files in the \AddOns\Blizzard_UIWidgets folder. Voice Chat The new Voice Chat system is now live! Documentation for the Voice Chat API is in the normal documentation folder as listed above. VoiceActivityManager is a Lua-side system that lets you register for the creation of notification frames when a member in voice chat starts talking. You can use the RegisterFrameForVoiceActivityNotifications and UnregisterFrameForVoiceActivityNotifications methods for this purpose. Pool Collections PoolCollections are a new Lua-side system that allows you to register multiple pools for creating frames using different templates and/or frame types and not have to keep a Pool around for each one. It works in much the same way that Pools do, you just need to make sure that you call CreatePool before you attempt to create an object of a particular type. Here is an example of how you might use PoolCollections: -- First create the PoolCollection and call CreatePool for every template type you will be creating self.myPools = CreatePoolCollection(); self.myPools:CreatePool("FRAME", parent, "FrameTemplateA"); self.myPools:CreatePool("FRAME", parent, " FrameTemplateB"); self.myPools:CreatePool("BUTTON", parent, "ButtonTemplateA"); self.myPools:CreatePool("BUTTON ", parent, " ButtonTemplateB"); -- Then creating any of those templates is as easy as calling Acquire on the PoolCollection local frame1 = self.myPools:Acquire("FrameTemplateA"); local frame2 = self.myPools:Acquire("FrameTemplateB"); local frame3 = self.myPools:Acquire("FrameTemplateB"); local button1 = self.myPools:Acquire("ButtonTemplateB"); local button2 = self.myPools:Acquire("ButtonTemplateA"); -- And when you are done with the frames, you can release them one by one or use ReleaseAll self.myPools:Release(frame3); self.myPools:ReleaseAll(); Changes to Texture object API • The SetRotation(radians) function now rotates the textures vertices instead of modifying the texture cords • Added a GetRotation function • Setting the rotation will no longer destroy texture coords set by SetTexCoord • Unlike the old API, rotations will persist across anchor changes • Textures created in XML can be initialized rotated with the “rotation” attribute, specified in degrees Other changes to Frame API • Texture, FontString and Line can now be scaled directly using the newly added SetScale, GetScale and GetEffectiveScale functions • The Model XML attribute “scale” is now called “modelScale” Miscellaneous Changes • Attempting to register or unregister for an unknown event will now generate a Lua error • We made several improvements to the performance of anchor-processing • Anchor processing is also less likely to fail to resolve a valid rect • xpcall now accepts arguments like pcall does • The alert system was overhauled, allowing for there to be multiple independent alert/toast areas in the UI. We also added a new intrinsic type called ContainedAlertFrame to be used for alerts. • Context menus can now have a custom frame imbedded into them. • GetItemInfo now respects player’s link level for sell priceAerythlea10 05 Aug
6m keybind of modifier keys (ALT, CTRL) Hello, is there ANY possible LEGAL way to remap the modifier keys ALT or CTRL. I have just downloaded the addon OPie and i would like to bind activating the ring to CTRL or ALT, but i cant coz these button are considered as modifier and cant be used on its own. If there is no way to do this, is it legal to use keyboard macro, for example Razer to bind macro to ALT, so when i press ALT it will be considered as i would press f.e. key "P" ? TYMelésio1 6m
40m Display ONLY current health Is there a way to display ONLY current health on the frames? Not like it is now [CurrentHealth/MaxHealth]. Similar to the way it works on the raidframes.Dreschnuu14 40m
3h Change gryphons for horde players please. I love using default UI but correct me if im wrong. Does gryphons mean anything for horde? I would like to see class specific artwork people love class specific stuff like mounts, titles, weapons, etc...Fahish0 3h
7h Too many Spells. Not sure where else to post this, so I'll just put it here. Now, this is merely my opinion, It's not meant to offend anyone, but it is something that I have a problem with, and maybe some others as well. To put it simply, there are too many spells and abilities to keep track of in Wow for people who do not use macros and hotkeys. I spend more time looking at my spells and clicking the right ones with my mouse then I do looking at the boss I'm actually fighting. I do not understand the need for a healer to have 6 to 8 different healing spells that all do almost the same thing, just in different ways and with different numbers. Sure, it makes for a good rotation, you can use other spells when some go on cooldown and so on, but It's still all the same. Now I know what you're gonna say: "Just learn to use hotkeys you keyboard turner." And I would like to use hotkeys as I do in TERA, but in that game I have up to 6 to 8 main spells that do what's necessary, the rest of the spells are added on as combos or effects to the main spells. I'm not a hardcore raider or PvPer. I'm not interested in having to memorize where to put my fingers in order to have an optimal damage output in LFR. I'm a casual player, and as such I would like to see as much of the game as possible when I'm playing, but I can't, 'cause I'm busy looking at my spell bars, 3 of them in total, packed to the brim with spells. I don't know how to fix this, maybe remove some spells, or merge some into each other, I'm not a blizzard dev. But I wanted to put it out there. I like world of warcraft as a casual experience, I enjoy LFR, dungeons and questing, but it annoys me that my eyes always have to be locked to the bottom of the screen in order to know what spells I'm casting. If there were less, say up to 8 spells, I could create hotkeys for them and manage to cast them effectively in combat, I'd be willing to do that to help deal the most damage or heal the most I can, but as it is now there are just way too many spells for me to bother as a casual player.Cheslock9 7h
12h Personal Resource Display It's stuck at the bottom of the screen for me, above the action bars. how do I get it to anchor to my characters feet again? example pic https://gyazo.com/267bb285b219aa13a614d2bb4a2b9728Spherry0 12h
22h ESO Healthbar Hello, as you prob suspected im looking for something that works like the ESO healthbar , (when one loses health it goes inwards to the middle of the bar from both sides) . noticed when i tried ESO that it was much easier to track for me, than the one that went from one side to the otherMadmuffin0 22h
1d Cannot click on skill buttons Hello, it's been a few days since I cannot click on skill buttons , button left and bottom right bars. I can click on the right bar and right bar 2. The skill are there but there is no description and they cannot be clicked. The only way to fix this is by /reload Any help would be appreciated.Mjhunter1 1d
1d Why does this macro not work? For an Outlaw Rogue. #showtooltip /cast [talent:6/2] Blade Rush; [talent:6/3] Killing SpreeMoher1 1d
1d Lua errors with different addons When i enter random dungeon, im starting to get a lot of LUA errrors. I reinstaled game, tried to play with only 1 addon at time, still getting this errors. Below are some examples of errors. Date: 2018-06-21 13:42:59 ID: 24 Error occured in: Global Count: 1 Message: ..\AddOns\Informant\InfMain.lua line 972: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn Debug: [C]: SetOwner() Informant\InfMain.lua:972: OnEnter() SlideBar\SlideMain.lua:112: SlideBar\SlideMain.lua:112 Locals: (*temporary) = GameTooltip { 0 = <userdata> SetQuestLogRewardSpell = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 canAddRestStateLine = 1 SetHyperlink = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetGuildBankItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 hasMoney = 1 SetQuestRewardSpell = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 comparing = false Show = <function> defined =[C]:-1 SetPetAction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetLootItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetQuestItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetTrainerService = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 numMoneyFrames = 1 SetRecipeReagentItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetBuybackItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 shoppingTooltips = <table> { } SetMerchantItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetQuestLogItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetTradeTargetItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetTalent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetTradePlayerItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 LibExtraTipRight = <table> { } SetSendMailItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 LibExtraTipLeft = <table> { } updateTooltip = 0.11099999425933 SetInventoryItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetInboxItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 __tamedCounts = false SetLootRollItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetAuctionSellItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetBagItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 needsReset = true SetCurrencyToken = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetShapeshift = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetAuctionItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 SetRecipeResultItem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Informant\Libs\LibExtraTip\LibExtraTip.lua:402 } (*temporary) = <unnamed> { dataobj = <table> { } priority = 200 id = "Informant" frame = <unnamed> { } icon = <unnamed> { } 0 = <userdata> } (*temporary) = "ANCHOR_NONE" AddOns: Swatter, v7.6.5736 (TasmanianThylacine) AdvancedInterfaceOptions, v1.2.2 Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded) BagBrother, v Bagnon, v7.3.2 BagnonConfig, v7.3.2 Bartender4, v4.7.10 Configator, v5.1.DEV.434(/embedded) DBMCore, v7.3.31 DBMCountPackOverwatch, v1.2 DBMDefaultSkin, v DBMStatusBarTimers, v DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded) DejaCharacterStats, v730rc108 GTFO, v4.45.3 Informant, v7.6.5736 (TasmanianThylacine) LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.435(/embedded) OmniBar, vv8.1 OmniCC, v7.3.1 OmniCCConfig, v Prat30, vr1146 Prat30Libraries, v Quartz, v3.3.6 SexyMap, vv7.3.3 Skada, v1.7.2 SlideBar, v7.6.5736 (TasmanianThylacine) Stubby, v7.6.5736 (TasmanianThylacine) TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.405(/embedded) TomTom, vv70300-1.0.0 WorldQuestTracker, v BlizRuntimeLib_ruRU v7.3.5.70300 <none> (ck=353) Date: 2018-06-25 23:46:48 ID: -1 Error occured in: Global Count: 1 Message: ...er4\libs\LibActionButton-1.0\LibActionButton-1.0.lua line 706: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn Debug: [C]: GetOwner() ...er4\libs\LibActionButton-1.0\LibActionButton-1.0.lua:706: ...er4\libs\LibActionButton-1.0\LibActionButton-1.0.lua:704 Locals: (*temporary) = GameTooltip { 0 = <userdata> default = 1 updateTooltip = 0.15499999728054 numMoneyFrames = 1 comparing = false __tamedCounts = false shoppingTooltips = <table> { } SetRecipeReagentItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1 canAddRestStateLine = 1 needsReset = true hasMoney = 1 SetQuestLogItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1 SetQuestItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1 SetRecipeResultItem = <function> defined =[C]:-1 } AddOns: Swatter, v7.6.5736 (TasmanianThylacine) BagBrother, v Bagnon, v7.3.2 Bartender4, v4.7.10 OmniCC, v7.3.1 Prat30, vr1146 Prat30Libraries, v SexyMap, vv7.3.3 ShadowedUnitFrames, vv4.1.23 WorldQuestTracker, v BlizRuntimeLib_ruRU v7.3.5.70300 <none> (ck=111)Krygsm6 1d
1d Action bar indicators vanishing every time I use FP Every time I use flight path I lose all cooldown indicators, charge indicators and keybind indicators from my action bars. It's just icons without anything else. It comes back when I /reload but it's very frustrating thing to have. Does anyone else have this problem and what might cause it? I don't use any UI addons such as ElvUI etc.Braédon2 1d
1d Api and item bound. Does wow api has a function(s) for determine the type of item binding: BoA, BoE, BoP or not bound at all? I know that it is possible to determine is item bound or not, but I dont know how to determine the type of bound.Squint2 1d
1d Macro - Target of Target Hello, How do I create a macro for a priest for example I want to cast 'Smite' on target of target AND I also want to make sure I can cast it on a target also if I was to click? Thank you.Redgunner2 1d
1d AFK Flag Not Clearing When Using /afk It has been brought to my attention that one of my addons has broken the /afk command; you can use it to set your AFK status, but if you try to use it to clear that status it doesn't work. The addon in question is the Whisper plugin for my DuelResponse addon; if you have set a custom AFK message, it will reuse it after whispering the person who challenged you to a duel (thus restoring your AFK status). However, as I've said, using /afk again doesn't remove the flag next to your name. I've tried Googling how to clear it with Lua, but I couldn't find anything helpful. Is there a way to remove the AFK flag using Lua, or will I have to fix it by removing this feature from the addon? Thanks in advance!Navitas0 1d
1d Universal macro for Group Finder whispers Hello! I've noticed that most groups in the Group Finder asks for achievements in whispers. This gets kind of tiresome after a while and I thought that there has to be a better way. I came up with a universal macro that I thought I'd share so that it might save others some time and frustration as well. ... So, what does the macro do? It posts my characters average item level, class, specialization and two achievements of my choosing (which is AotC: G'huun and M: MOTHER in the example). To use the macro you open a whisper and hit the macro, this will generate the message and send the whisper. ...To change what achievements you link you simply swap the achievement ID number which is shown in bold text. If you only want to link one achievement, change "%d ilvl %s %s %s%s" to "%d ilvl %s %s %s" and delete the last achievement entry ,a(12526).Cue1 1d
2d ElvUi chat links not working. If some links something on the chat it just shows the "[2] " if its in trade chat....just blank... how do i sort that out because this is the only Ui I actually like.Lolotroll6 2d
2d Target of Target macro with modifier Hello, I have a macro for flash of light to heal the target of my target. My question is, how do I add a modifier to this macro to for example cast Holy Light if i press Alt? My current macro looks like this: #showtooltip /cast [help, nodead] [@targettarget, help, nodead] [] Flash of LightPeranor7 2d
2d Grid2 with different bar textures Hey I want to use a texture for the health bars that comes with the addon Raven (raven sleet), the problem is after I logout and login, the grid2 bar texture resets back to "gradient". The default textures work properly. I have no problems using this texture with weakauras, but grid2 doesn't seem to like it. I tried to copy the tga file to the grid2 media folder but it resets anyway. Anyone know a solution to this?Pnzr1 2d
2d Blizzard frames profile switcher - Grimmj Hello guys, I was looking for an auto profile switcher (since the one incorporated into blizzard doesn't work) and found a script created by Grimmj. I found this one first ( https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617202610 ) but then quickly realised it wanted it also based on spec/role (healer/tank/dps) so it needed a couple of extra lines. I asked a friend to look at the code and to see if he could manage to get what I needed in there. He managed to get it working as I wanted it. Here is the code: ... Sometimes, however, the raid frames become unclickable (for example as a balance druid trying to combat res a team mate or innervate a healer in my party becomes frustrating) or they don't update mid combat. Let's imagine someone leaves the group and another joins I don't see it on the frames until I reload. What happens is I get an error pop up saying that the addon stopped working and if I want to ignore it or reload. A reload usually fixes it but if you're mid fight it's not really feasible. This very rarely happened with Grimmj's script (linked at the start). Is there something in the code that would cause that? I haven't been able to copy the errors as I only notice them at such innoportune times, however if I were to be healing this would be very annoying. Thank you for any help you may provide.Topmaster11 2d
3d Rebirth/Innervate macro help Hi, I am looking for a macro that will do the following please. Cast rebirth on mouse over target and announce to party or raid. The same for innervate. Thanks in advanceCet2 3d
3d LF addon: "You caused Evil Joe to enter combat!" Is there an addon that can whisper me whenever I (or my pet) cause any NPC to enter combat? *This includes pulls initiated by mere proximity, i.e. no spell/ability needs to be involved.* it should work like this: 1) NPC is minding his own business 2) for whatever reason the NPC enters combat with me as #1 on its hate list 3) I get whisper from the addon "You caused Evil Joe to enter combat!" (I am not interested in addons that alert me about being #1 on mob's aggro list unless this happens with a mob that was previously not in combat.)Jaromor1 3d
3d Could the logs be wrong?? Not sure if i have posted this in the right place, however, I have been uploading logs for my guild, but the tank is insistent he is using ignore pain (Warrior) a lot more on fights than what the logs show and this has been the case for the last couple of weeks now. Its difficult to truly identify if this is the case or not my side, but Is there any possibility the logs could be wrong or not picking abilities up when they are being used ??Weebzo5 3d
3d cant get trinket mouseover to work #showtooltip /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Inoculating Extract Hello! Cant get this macro to work, Inoculating extract is a trinket. Using the same for all my shamans healing spells and works great but wont work with the trinket, why and can it be fixed-? Macro does casts in prio order: Mouse over->Target->self If i use the macro with trinket, it will work to cast at the chacater but not on the health bar or target :SWuilw4 3d
3d weird macro bug in mercenary mode Hey, so...i have a macro set up, that sets your target to focus, then sheeps it. #showtooltip Polymorph /clearfocus [target=focus,dead] /clearfocus [target=focus,noexists] /focus [target=focus,noexists] /cast [target=focus] Polymorph Sometimes i play bg's as alliance because queue times are much shorter. I've found that when i press the macro the game says "Wrong faction". Normal polymorph spell works okay but is useless without the added code that sets the target up as focus. It's just a giant hassle to manually switch to the sheep the second time or to follow up on that target with any other spells. Why is that so and how can i make it work normally? Thanks for any answersLooksmaxxed3 3d
3d Disable Entropic Embrace aura? Hi! Is there any way to disable Entropic Embrace aura? I like my pale elf but it bothers me that he turns dark blue every minute. Is there any macro to disable it? Thanks.Linir4 3d
4d TomTom not working/Changes not being saved [SOLVED] Hello, My first post on the forum. I returned to the game after a long brake. I just installed the game today. As the title says, after doing only one quest i wanted to continue with TomTom to my new characters leveling. Installed it using Twitch. But it didn't run. I see the coordinate block under the minimap showing my current coordinates but no green arrow pointing my quest objective. When i right click on the coordinate block tomtom generates a waypoint just where my char stands, green arrow pointing downwards to the ground. Also, i realised that i can't change the preferences/options of the addon from the interface settings. I change something (check an option), click okay. When i re-open the addon settings i see that changes i did was reverted back. So far, i tried scan and repair option in battle.net launcher. Tried uninstalling addon with Twitch and installing it manually (copy paste). Tried reloading UI in-game. Tried running as administrator and running in compatibility mode for windows 7 (i have windows 10). I would appreciate any help. Thanks.Arjunaone2 4d
4d Need help with fixing Standard UI Hello , as my Title states I need help with fixing the Error with my Standard WoW UI, I've been having it since BfA. Whenever i join Expeditions, BG's, Dungeons, Raids, Vehicles that changes Action Bars etc. my Standard Action Bar and MultiAction Bar is like frozen, i do see the Icons, but no keybindings or CD Timer appearing there anymore. I'm forced to type /reload UI for it to work again. I do use AddOns like WeakAuras, OmniCC, World Quest List, DBM, Skada, MoveAnything,Prat 3.0, Bugsack & Bugrabber and some other AddOns too. Here an example of one Error encountered: 31x FrameXML\PetActionBarFrame.lua:246: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value FrameXML\PetActionBarFrame.lua:246: in function `PetActionBar_UpdatePositionValues' FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3008: in function `UIParentManageFramePositions' FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2329: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2316> [C]: in function `SetAttribute' FrameXML\UIParent.lua:3118: in function `UIParent_ManageFramePositions' FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:172: in function `MainMenuBarVehicleLeaveButton_Update' FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:146: in function <FrameXML\MainMenuBar.lua:145> Locals: (*temporary) = nil (*temporary) = MainMenuBarVehicleLeaveButton { 0 = <userdata> Highlight = <unnamed> { } } (*temporary) = "attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value" Please help me fix this Problem.Krypt7 4d
6d Resolved Resolved ThxLupo1 6d
6d Graphic Improvements I’m just wondering if there is a way to turn the graphics up even more? Currently I have everything on 10 and max on my laptop, I get 70-120fps depending what I’m doing, and my gpu/cpu temps never get above 60-70, so I’m wondering if I can turn it up via some file alteration just to see what it’s like?Azmodani5 6d
6d Need help @macro :) Hello, i want to combine two macros in one , but i dont know how to get it work :D For example I want to cast moonfire on target/mouseover and with modifier shift i want to clone my arena target. Problem is like this it didnt work for me : / Maybe someone of you can help me and fix this macro :) /cast [mod:shift] [@arena1] Cyclone /cast [target=mouseover,harm,nodead][] MoonfireSlayêr3 6d
6d Creating an enemy-list with specific debuffs. Hi! I would like som help with creating my "dream" UI for Assassination-rogue. What im aiming to achieve is a list of enemies in combat, that shows two specific debuffs and their duration. I made an image of what i want to achieve here: https://imgur.com/a/hJfQwIN I have been experimenting with EnemyGrid and WeakAuras but ive come up short with only showing the specific debuffs for targets im in combat with. Appreciate any help i can get!Stabzilla1 6d
6d Mount macro not working [Druid] Heya! This macro was working for a bit, and suddenly stopped working.. Can someone tell me what/how to fix it? :-) #showtooltip /cancelaura levitate /dismount /Cast [nomod] Travel Form; [modifier:shift] Sandstone Drake; [modifier:ctrl] Traveler's Tundra Mammoth; /stopspelltargetRomeodtf4 6d
6d [Resolved] How to hide Blizzard's micro bar? Tried this to also make it appear on mouseover again, but it's not working: local menuButtons = { CharacterMicroButton, SpellbookMicroButton, TalentMicroButton, AchievementMicroButton, QuestLogMicroButton, SocialsMicroButton, PVPMicroButton, LFGMicroButton, MainMenuMicroButton, HelpMicroButton } local function showFoo(self) self:SetAlpha(1) end local function hideFoo(self) self:SetAlpha(0) end menuButtons:SetScript("OnEnter", showFoo) menuButtons:SetScript("OnLeave", hideFoo) end Help please :)Hbit9 6d
6d [TSM] Prevent crafting window from opening at startup Everytime I log in a char TSM opens the crafting window by default. How do I prevent that?Multiproc4 6d
6d HELP! I have no text on my Action Bars? Hi When I do something that makes my UI, bars change or change zones like e.g. mounting a quest object, doing the Tortollan World Quests where you have to shoot birds or the Shell Game or changing zones to a BG my actions bars suddenly have no text and I can't see my key binds. They are also inactive so I can't click on a spell with my mouse. It's really annoying and I have to do /reload every time to make it go away. Can I do something to stop this??? See my bars here after they are bugged: https://ibb.co/hoHVUU You can see no text at all.Icetea2 6d
08 Oct Addons questions. Hi Addons like Bartender 4 and Dynamic Cam... are they considered safe regardering computer security? As in, has there been any issues in the past? Rgds, StepsSteps3 08 Oct
08 Oct Mouseover + Target macro. Hi guys, I'd like to know if it's possible to create a macro like that because i've searched a lot for something like that over the web. i want to use my wild charge as travel form regularly use my human form as mouseover (same for cat form) thanks for anyone who helpsDaynee4 08 Oct
08 Oct Check whether a spell exists? Since there are more spells than key binds, I'm trying to compress it with macros of the style: /cast [mod] Unleash Elements; Elemental Blast However the problem is, I can't decide whether I want to take Elemental Blast or Unleashed Fury, and each time I change that talent, I have to change the key bind for it. I tried the following: /cast [exists,nomod] Elemental Blast; [mod] Unleash Elements; Unleash Elements So that Unleash Elements is always activated with that key bind if Elemental Blast isn't specced, and otherwise Elemental blast is activated without a modifier, and Unleash Elements with. However the exists condition seems to check whether a target exists, not the spell. Is there any way to check whether the spell exists?Iostream3 08 Oct
08 Oct Action bar issues [solved] -solved-Lunanox0 08 Oct
08 Oct Modify Blizzard UI Textures? Hey! Does anyone know how to change the texture colors while still using the standard ui? I want the actionbars, minimap and castbars to look something like in this here addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info24007-SUI.html Do I have to learn how to write code and stuff to make that happen? Or is there a texturepack somewhere that I don't know about that does this?Sherimoon0 08 Oct
08 Oct Buffs and debuffs Debuffs on enemy nameplates and my buffs on my personal resource bar are way higher then they used to be. I would submit a screenshot but I dont know how, please fix it.Furmx1 08 Oct
08 Oct Auctionator/Minimap bridge Hi all :) Is there some kind of bridge between Auctionator and Minimap, so that for example when a mineral node appears on the minimap, the tooltip would display that ore's auctionator data in the tooltip so that I know what was its last scanned price on the AH?Tauruno0 08 Oct
07 Oct Keybinds cd's missing Just wondering if anyone else is having this same issue..seems that sometimes after using a veichle or similar that my keybinds dissapear, and i can't see the cd's on my ability's!! will only sort it out if i do a /reload ui... is anyone having or had the same issue and knows how i could solve this?!Críxux4 07 Oct
07 Oct Nameplate addon “!” over questmobs. Hi. I used a addon for nameplates recently that got lost while formatting my computer. I can’t remember the name at all. What was excellent with the addon was that for x kill mob quest the addon put a “!” sign next to the name of the monster I needed to kill.Andamb2 07 Oct
07 Oct Looking for a 'Dispel' add on Hi all!, I wonder if anyone can help me? I am looking for an add on that shouts at me to dispel 'Magic' or 'Enrage' effects on an enemy NPC. Like for instance i'm attacking an enemy and the enemy sticks a enrage on and this add on shouts at me telling me to dispel it as I have a pet that can. Cheers all sorry for the silly question :)Gòthrix2 07 Oct
07 Oct An Addon to help with chapters of zones. Is there any questing addon which will mark out the route to go to completing the story chapters of zones so I'm not always ending up getting lost and finding myself doing 50 quests which were never needed to be done anyway ;p I think I might of possibly found one for Legion zones, but only Legion, will not work for bfa/older.Chimes1 07 Oct
07 Oct Quests not ordering by proximity Hello, the quest tracking seems to be in some sort of random order. I can only imagine this will get very confusing when I start picking up more quests. I seem to remember last time I played (maybe 4 yrs ago) I used to be able to right click on the quest tracker and choose from simple option s for reordering or auto tracking. This doesn't seem to be working now. How do I fix this?Triadne1 07 Oct
06 Oct Help from Community managers - Bannable addon? A GM told me to contact community managers from the official forums to get an official answer for my question, because he wasn't able to give me one, so hopefully this is the right place for it. If it's not, can you at least guide me to the right place? :) The question regards an addon that over a thousand* roleplayers are currently using, and many have been worried they might get banned because there still isn't any official statement from Blizzard whether it's okay to use or not, regardless of the dozens of GM tickets people have sent. On US-realms the terms of service were recently updated to allow the use of this specific addon, but EU-realms still have the old Terms of Service from 2012, which is the main cause of worry. I'll link the addon here: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/cross-rp https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/cross-rp/pages/note-to-blizzard TL;DR, this addon translates orcish and common to roleplayers who have this addon and who are also part of the same bNet community. It does NOT force translations on people who 1.) don't have the addon, and 2.) aren't in the same bNet community, and 3.) it is disabled inside dungeons, battlegrounds and realms that are not Roleplaying realms. These people have all agreed to receive messages from one another by downloading the addon, joining the community, and by clicking the connect button ingame. They can stop receiving messages by disconnecting from the community, or even delete the whole addon if they want. Even though EU-ToS currently forbids cross faction communication, Horde/Alliance Pandaren, Night elf/Blood Elf Demon Hunters and Void/Blood Elves have been able communicate with each other ingame without any addons from the start of Legion, so it would be highly unusual if cross faction communication was indeed still a bannable offence since you already allow this via ingame mechanics for some races/classes. Plus, according to lore, Common is... a common language, and most races on Azeroth can speak it - even kobolds! Furthermore, banning over a thousand roleplayers on a roleplaying realm for having a way to communicate with each other through an addon/community seems worrysome. I doubt the RP community could survive such a blow, to lose so many players who have worked hard to create events for the entire RP community and bringing people on both sides together since the server was created. Can you please give us an official statement, so that we can at least warn people to stop using the addon if it indeed is something that can get us banned? *my estimation is based on the fact that the community for this addon reached its 1000 account limit couple of days ago, and there were plenty of people in line who didn't get in. P.S. Apologies if this question has already been posted and received an official answer. I couldn't find anything with the search function.Falroas11 06 Oct