Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
10m Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 9 Last thread has reached its limit. You know the rules.Plaguelich417 10m
2h Unholy PVE Build Well...at the start it used to be the SR aka(Crit Build) as the best choice...Then Mastery build came up...well i'd like if someone can guide me on this...My Legendaries on UH Dk has Draugr,Girdle of the Everlasting King and Uvanivor the Unbeautiful...Considering those legendaries what is the best choice...any opinion accepted...Thanks in advance!Ragknar1 2h
6h 2 piece worth it? So I have the 860 cloak from raidfinder if I want 2piece, but vers mastery are subpar stats and the atlernative is a 880 cloak with crit, haste, which are top prio stats. Is the 2piece good enough to make up for it?Giroka3 6h
9h Blood DK Tanking. Hey all, I thoroughly enjoy tanking and have done for many years on my warrior decided to main caster/tank in Legion however. OT: I'll mainly be doing Mythic dungeons and normal raids, with a lot of BG's on the side. Will my BDK be okay for this? I only ask as a lot of people seem to be saying they're terrible at the moment? I'm not fussed about being top of the table, just as long as healers don't struggle etc Thank you for any wisdom shared!Udyyr8 9h
15h Unholy hidden Can it still be farmed in proving grounds or did they "fix" it :)?Tresa6 15h
16h CoF + Ring on frost Hello guys I just got 875 CoF with socket and I think of replacing hunger of the pack for the CoF. I don't have helm so I use waist + ring. That said, I simmed it and it actually showed me that there's a dps decrease which I think is a simulationcraft problem not consdering 2 procs, etc, what do you think?Dikeyzz1 16h
17h DK Starter Quest Gear is a Downgrade? I'm a returning player, and I remember from Cataclysm that Strength is a DKs #1 priority stat (for Unholy/Frost at least), and as far as I can tell from some googling, that's still the case. I'm a bit confused because I've just finished the DK starter quests, and 3 of my new pieces of gear from those quests have lower strength stats than what I started with. Equipping Bloodbane's Gauntlets over Acheus Knight's Gauntlets would be a change of -1 Strength, -8 Crit, +12 Stamina, +12 Agility Equipping Greatsword of the Ebon Blade over Runed Soulblade would be a change of -1 Strength, +3 Stamina, +10 Crit (The other piece of gear is a ring and I can't remember which one) I know that at higher levels I'll be looking for Haste to ~20% and stuff, but at low level, am I right to be always prioritising Strength above all else, or is there a point where -x Strength for +y Stamina or something becomes worthwhile?Azkhyr1 17h
19h Rate the Death Knight name above you! As the title says. Go!Necrocution8 19h
19h Cervantes - My Death Knight PvP Feedback Hello Guys! As a live streamer and Blizzcon Qualifier (2015) & Road to blizzcon & Eu Regionals Qualifier (2016) I was Getting asked a lot about what i think of death knights and how will death knights do, If frost is good or unholy is better etc, And i thought it would be good idea to have a little post that contains my feedback & what i think of the class Currently now and how it feels like in different PvP & Arenas situations. Excuse my English i know its not the best First i will be mentioning some bugs that needs to be fixed then ill try to go through a lot of other stuff and i hope this thread will be something useful for World of Warcraft developers to see how it looks & feel from a pro player prospective at a competitive level. The Bugs : 1- Ghoul Buging in Dalaran Arena? This always existed and the ghoul pet for unholy was stuck in the sewers tunnels and wont come down. 2- Death Grip going immune : Basically if you grip a Warrior while charging (the exact same sec he charge) your grip goes on a cd and it bugs the Warrior doesn't get griped same happens with warlock gateway or mage imunnity after blinking all of that makes it go on a cd without doing anything, dk had a minor glyph in WOD that fixes the issue when griping immune target and reset the cd of grip but even then the cd wasn't reseting with the gate/warr situation. 3- When you Death Grip a player around or close to a pillar in Ashamane's Fall Arena (the new legion arena) basically the target just phase into a bug and teleport to the center of the arena. 4- Razorice Weap enchant for frost death knights is not working in arenas on legion beta. 5- You can't run ontop the tomb in ruins of lordaeron Arena while Wrath Walk is up. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok lets get this started after me going through a lot of stuff there will be a 1 out of 10 scale for both specs at the end below about the Damage, Utility, Survivability, Mobility. What do i think of Frost : The spec literally has no Mobility, No Utility and 0 defensives that you can use to survive, the spec offers a lot of damage not gonna talk about it a lot cause there is not much to talk about other than that but the stuff i will be pointing out next will be referring to both specs not only Unholy, but frost has everything a bit worse than unholy in general except the damage it offers that makes it bearly viable. What do i think of Unholy and the class in general : First when i played the beta unholy was pretty cool when it comes to the damage and mobility felt solid when you could actually spec something like clawing shadows and its pretty good idea but felt like it was getting weaker and weaker over the hot fixes and hidden nerf patches, but basically now it feels like a damage waste if you actually spec it, And Virulent Plague Made unholy damage feel so week and not rooti/doti damage at all i wouldn't see rooting is any option or play style you can consider playing as unholy if you wanna play cleavy comps like shadowcleave which is lock dk x or unholy play which is sp dk x, dk is losing on damage on scoreboards even with diseases ticking wasted damage on every little pet and player in the arena is just not satisfying and not so much fun as that spec when you don't get to see any big crits and you still dont root the targets. Necrotic Strike? I wouldn't see why i would waste a talent on it, its not interesting at all waste of gcd, waste of talent of choice, waste of damage, meele range? i think the scaling of it should be alot higher to make it interesting or just making it baseline Mobility geting nerfed? Wrath Walk : imo this is really bad designed talent with a 1 min cd which made turned into 45 secs later after the Death Advanced Removal which is really not a fair trade, you can get rooted when its up, Why? the same sec i use it i get rooted my randomly by a warr charge or any other roots it has 3 secs duration and its gone until the root duration is finished and my 45 secs mobility cd is gone just like that and that is really frustrating when it happens, that's a good example that always happens to me and why it is really bad basically the short duration long CD and getting rooted as soon as you use it randomly. Unholy Presence and Frost Presence Removed? presences were removed and the unholy speed was turned into death advanced, few days ago Death Advanced passive was removed which is really disappointing specially when the class has feels like a rock already? Dark Simulacrum being a talent? i am not sure why it turned into a talent when it was always base line why do i have to choose between a defensive and a spell like dark simulacrum GCD? for both UH its really not fun when i have to waste like 6 GCD in the start of the arena diseasing targets, using gargoyle, using my pet transformation when the GCD is that slow the class really feels like playing a rock. Frost GCD (the cc duration reduction and GCD CD reduction was just removed with frost presence with nothing in return) Survivability and Self Healing? this is the biggest issue right now this is what made dks shine the past expansions, but lets just compare from last expansion when dk was still a good target for top comps like RMD and Turbo last expansion Dk Had : Blood Presence : Armor+Health+Passive damage reduction just removed like that ? why warr still had a 20% Passive damage reduction, Parry, Rally and even Reflect? Death Syphon : Used to heal for the damage it does so basically when you had cds up you or porcs or even weap enchant you could heal more and less without that over and it required a rune not runic power which is really important to point out cause making a heal require runic power is really killing it as you wont be able to use it when your dying with low hp your gonna be forced to do damage to make runic power to be able to heal mean while wasting all the GCD's to make the runic power you will actually be dead and i find that really frustrating. Death Strike : which required runes and no runic power which is really important cause in alot of situation you wont have runic power to heal when you comes out of a stun or a silence around 20% or so you will only have runes, its like a warrior that need 50 rage to press hes heal. Lichborne : In wod Lichborne heal a great thing you can rely on as unholy becoming undead and healing yourself by using deathcoil on yourself which is cool, Plus the leech healing and breaking charm effect such as fear is just removed like that i agree the break is not a big deal but the heal? Anti Magic Shell : which was 45 secs and had a glyph that made it 20 when you use it to avoid a cc with Icebound : Its the only thing that still exist but the thing is its nothing you can rely on to survive, its basically just a 8 secs duration 20% damage reduction with a 3 minutes CD? all of that made DK the plate class one of the squishiest classes in the game currently, and here is why No Passive Damage Reduction Which was blood presense (this is the biggest issue) cause DK feels like a mage now with its mobility its hard to get away with the slow gcds and all of that its like playing a squishy Rock... In Legion AMS : becoming 1 min instead the glyphed version we had in WoD that made it 15-20 secs, Atleast make it like wod so i can avoid a cc with it then the cd of it is reduced when i do that. Corpse Shield : omg this talent triggers me so much cause you cant actually use it and it brings me about the unholy Ghoul which is the pet that unholy has... the pet dies randomly like 10 times in 1 arena the pet hp pool should be a lot higher and its impossible to get anything from corpse shield cause the pet will always be in range and low hp already so corpse shield is like the worst idea ever invented to be a defensive cd, cause every time i am dying my pet is dying too or dead already (this triggers me so much when the pet is dead and i don't even get to use my defensive cd which i know that wont do much and still not even able to use it) plus you cant death coil heal your ghoul on top all of that. Death Strike : This is the only selfheal that dk has now, first it does heal nothing but the funny thing is that you don't even get to use it now in legion cause it requires 45 Runic power which is half your runic power which i need 3-4 GCD to make, I am never able to use 4 damaging gcd to make runic power to be able to use my heal cause i will be dead already meanwhile trying to make the runic power for it. Anti Magic Zone : is the only Magic Damage Reduction that you dont have to suffer while using as a dk right now, the only thing you have to suffer about is losing dark simulacrum. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- on a scale 1 out of 10 imo for both specs for ppl that always ask me Unholy -- Damage : 6/10 Survivability : 2/10 (yes its really depressing makes the class really unplayableat a competitive level) Mobility : 5/10 Utility : 8/10 Frost -- Damage : 9/10 Survivability : 1/10 (yes its really depressing makes the class really unplayableat a competitive level) Mobility : 3/10 Utility : 3/10 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I Do live stream so if you are interested in watching top dk or dh PVP&Arena Action and judge by yourself you can always tune in my stream. www.twitch.tv/cervantestv for updates and other stuff you can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/MoumenCervCervántes65 19h
1d Time to update DK eye glow and more As a hero class, amount of customization options are laughable compared to Demon Hunters. 3 low resolution skin colors, couple exclusive hair colors and that is it. Our voice effect is just not working with more than 10 years old base race voices+a cheap effect. There are various helms in game that have quite good glow effects for eye, like T19, Heart of Fear etc. Heck the Priest T19 Mythic eye glow is more "DK" than ours. Why can't we pick those effects for our base character? They are already in the game! Hearing Highlord Darion Mograine yell "Cover before Four Horseman" vs our basic combat voices.. DKs need love, a lot of love. So many things about the class fantasy is not living up to the expectations. Corpse Explosion is quite pain, having to target the corpse to use it? Why not just make it automatically explode a nearby corpse? Also where is the blood and gore of it? it just leaves half eaten remains on the ground, no special effect! Unholy Shambling Horror explodes better than Corpse Explosion. Facial Tattoos like it has been teased in UH trait "Runic Tattoos" and in game examples can be seen with Thasarrian, Lord Thorval, Whitemane. No eyeglow option ex: Thasarrian, Lord Thorval, Whitemane, Korgaz Deadaxe. Facial scars: Korgaz Deadaxe. Red eyes: Lady Alistra. Yellow eyes: Alchemist Karloff. These folks account for nearly %50 of the folk in Ebon Hold. Suggestions are already implemented in the game, what will it take to make these features avaible to players? http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/wotlktrailer_w/WOTLK_WEB_1280_Xvid_EN_ESRB.avi_000175291.jpg Even the mindless undead in this picture from cinematric have better eye glow than us. I am looking at D3's necromancer and WoWs DK and sigh..Nathrizarri5 1d
1d White Walker should not aggro Critters I can't be the only one who uses Wraith Walk to glide quickly through a building, reach the outside only to discover I can't mount because "You are in-combat." After looking around for a while, a cockroach or a bunny will hop along and start trying to nibble at my foot. It's just such an annoying inconvenience to have to deal with. Surely the 'aggro'ing' effect can be switched off for Critters?Alysdair2 1d
1d Unholy Trinkets I'm trying to get geared, however my trinkets are complete garbage, so I was wondering which ones I should try to get? Thanks in advance!Dundiad16 1d
1d Pridaz and Sephus After farming dungeons, world quests and (LFR) raids (oh well, this is what I was able to do since launch due to job), these are the two legendaries that I got. Not even a single class-specific legendary, not a single dps one. Do I have to farm the same content, but 4 times as much, to get a third legendary that hopefully will be a class-specific one? I remember that bad luck protection worked only on the first 1-2 legendaries, did they extend that? Because it is incredibly depressing to get the two worst possible legendaries. There was not a hint of joy when I got them, because the first thing I thought was "Damn, now the 2nd/3rd will require twice the farming". ThanksDeathmetal12 1d
2d [Blood] Haste less important after 4 piece? With the changes to boneshield stacks and the addition of the class sets I feel like it's easy to get "too much" haste currently. With 30% base haste I feel that I'm usually at 2-3 runes and atleast on 1 extra use of bloodboil left, it's really rare that I got 0 runes and 0 bloodboil charges. I've tried with a bit less haste, 25% and it feels pretty smooth. Do you guys think it's worth to aim for 25% haste and then go for versatility(I feel this is an excellent stat for NH).Volrokk3 2d
2d Selfheal DK. So, how u think, blizz return selfheal DK for activ-defend ?Hazballah7 2d
2d New DND thoughts? So a bunch of casual Non-Deathknight peasants started talking about how they didnt like the new look for DnD. https://youtu.be/ZLkyh_bwXlY?t=47 What do you guys think? Personally, I couldnt be happier. the old one was too flashy and bright.Kadreth17 2d
2d Ebon fever vs Bursting Sores hello, i just startet playing unholy and i really enjoy it alot. but i cant really decide if i should use Ebon fever or Burstinr sores? what is the best? please help me:) talking both m+ and raids:)Vironika5 2d
2d DK worth now? Considering to an alt DK for mostly dps (frost) and for Tank as of spec for faster ques. I do know he is one of the best dmg dealers, but he is so slow in movement, is this effects gameplay that much so it will make someone quit the class? speaking mostly for his mobility, since his dps is high and a DK is needed in groups for his CR.Neuriki4 2d
2d Blood DK new artifact traits (update) -Souldrinker : Overhealing done by Death Strike and Consumption increases your maximum health by 50% of the overheal amount, stacking up to a maximum of 30% of your health. -Vampiric Aura : Consumption also grants 20% Leech to you and four allies until cancelled.Thylaen6 2d
2d Considering Frost DK for main So I recently gave up my monk since devs do not give a single piece of sh*t about MW and WW and I'm looking for a new class to main before 7.2 comes out. A class played by enough players so when it's bad it does not stay bad for 6 months. I saw on warcraft logs that Frost DK were performing really really well, but are they fun to play? I am hesitating between DK and Warrior so if some of you have both at max level I would really appreciate you give me a bit of the pro and cons the two classes offers. I honestly have to tell that I prefer DK lore for that matter since I'm a WC3 kid. Sorry for my burst of rage early i'm just tired of having to reroll because my class doesn't scale at all. Looking forward, thank you.Protroll5 2d
2d Prydaz, Sephuz AND Acherus drapes. Prydaz, Sephuz and Acherus drapes. I know I know I'm pretty lucky. Since I don't have a single significant legendary yet which one of these should I actually have equipped? Would be nice to know how to at-least optimize with these 'legendaries'Ginka3 2d
3d Please make the Arsenal sheath on back! Especially the 1 handed axes for frost. ;_; At some point in your character developement you didnt stop to think that the average waist line on all characters in this game is super thin, mix that with huge swords and it just looks silly.. There are so many great looking swords but the hipsheathing position on most of them look absolutely hideous..its why I've stuck with Havocs Call for like, 8 years...Kadreth13 3d
3d Still in combat after dying in Battleground HELLO BLIZZARD <3 Mr. Orkz here. So every every every every every every every every every Battleground when i die, i wait for the 30sec respawn i came to life and try to use mount but "NO"... I'm still in combat after dying? and its only when i play Unholy DK. I think the error is the PvP Talent [Unholy Mutation] ... I'm pretty sure this one is the reason i keep stucking in PvP, because it spawns slimes, many slimes and the slimes keep me in Combat.. So my problem is, all can mount up and run into war again, but i have to Walk... so yeah not funny... So this is a gently ticket, please fix this problem...Orkz1 3d
4d Unholy talents for pve Is "Infected Claws" talent any good compared to "Necrosis"? I can see that most of ppl are into IC, because it's easier to manage with, but I want to know if this is a really lazy choice and loss of dps. By not picking Necrosis do I really lose anything? I feel just fine with IC, but if Necrosis is a way ahead, than I'll try it. I don't have legos wrists btw. And I'm building Mastery-20%Haste-CritUendell1 4d
4d "In combat"...and mobility of minions The title says about two topics that are my main issues. Because of my minion/s attacking I'm constantly in combat. I'm not sure if this is related but many times in BGs I'm flagged in combat as soon as I resurrect on the GY. Clicking on pet to go passive and then to assist every time I want to go away from battle is a problem, and if virulent plague is ticking somewhere, my pet will go to attack, and I will be flagged in combat no matter how far I am from the actual battle. I mean... do I need to point out that this is a problem? Other thing is pet mobility. Sometimes, for some reason it gets stuck in the middle of the filed or something and has difficulties to follow up. Also, switching to another target is a slow process for it. Jumping of cliffs or areas that are not directly connected to the platform that I just jumped to, can be a problem to pets to follow. And this directly leads to engaging in combat without my pet! At that point I cannot summon another one because the pet is already summoned but away from battle. The only thing I can do in that situation is to dismiss my pet, but at that point it seriously hurts my dps. Summon ghouls either from the army or from the Apocalypse, is way to slow process. It takes roughly 2 seconds until they become responsive and actively engage in combat. This is a big problem since DK is the slowest class in the game. I feel that Dark Transformation shouldn't be on the global cd because it works as a buff rather than a direct damage ability. Because of this, I tend to activate it before the combat begins, or else I would lose some dps due to that GCD. For example if I drop DnD (or Defile) I can't waste precious seconds on activating DT and need to maximize dps potential that DnD provides.Punishment4 4d
4d If you dont want to play breath-style? Hey. So I'm looking into leveling an alt and I think I'm settled for a frost DK. But one thing, I really love the regulaur AKA Machinegun playstyle. But I still want to join my guild as an alt and still be competitive. Is that possible? Or are all the top DK's using the singragose playstyle? And how is the regulaur spec performing? All I can find on youtube is people talking about the breath-playstyle.Seancrown2 4d
5d What do you think about the Fel Lord Hi there, I'm trying to get some feedback. The fel Lord (giant felguard who guards an area in pvp talents) go nerfed. The duration have been reduced by 15 sec(was 30 sec for 1min30 cd). It's good news for melee ofc but did you think it was necessary (since you could pull the warlock or wathever he decided to protect with your deathgrip)? or did you manage to adapt your rythm of attacking whith his own? Have a good dayKhâmul1 5d
5d Proving grounds Tank in Legion Hey,did anyone try Proving grounds in Legion so far? I wanted to beat my record but I only managed to go as high as 32th wave and it was a huge struggle the whole time. Did the whole thing become way harder or did blood DK just got that weak? If anyone tried their luck there I'd like some feedback :)Lightslayers0 5d
5d unholy weakaura help!! hello. does any one have a good weakaura to keep track on virulent plague? like glowing up when its about to run out, or not on the target?Vironika0 5d
5d Wow and choices First and foremost i apologize for my english. im going to talk The topic as you guys can see its "wow and choices" and what i mean by that. legion has offered us many things, like classordhall, a good story behind expansion, artifact weapons and so an. and it had the potential to be the best expansion Ever, but it lacked choices. Choices in talent, playstyle, customisation for PvP. From my Point of view. I have some idias i think may help To fix the curret problem. Customisation i PvP: What mean about that gear! First of all. Gear has to mean somthing, not in the way that is demoralising to have alt. We had a system in wod with gear that kinda workt, What We can do is to build no it . You ding Max lvl. 110 item lvl 800 the sec you go in PvP you Get item lvl 830 witch is the same AS heroic dungeon and honor gear ilvl. So the question arises why off purchases honor gear, again it would be your choice, if you wanna gear through PvP or Pve. Now for the conquest gear: maybe ilvl 840-845 and that Were PvP ilvl stoppes. When you go in PvP or do any PvP your ilvl will be 840-845. PvP needs a limit in ilvl or IT wont work. Now the choices between PvP and pve: players at 0-1300 has the same gear as LFR Players at 1400-1600 normal. Players at +1600-1900 heroic. Players at +2300 mythic. And there you have your gear choices, player can gear through PvP or pve and pve can go and do some PvP, and the same goes for pvers. Now talents: if feel the way talents works right Now its not a choice. IT doesnt reward creativity. For exsemple i remember in WRATH the was a spec for dk called Shadowfrost, were everyone Else choice the strong talent, he did somthing else and IT was vieble. He found a way to make his playstyle vieble through talents. And you cant do IT the way talent are right Now. So What do i propose? Talent: return IT to the way IT was befor MIST! Yes! They were some "cooky" talents( talents/build that everyone picked) but IT has more choices and IT invited creativity. If you guys agree with or have some thing to add, please commet and post it were blizzard can see. Thank youZolu2 5d
5d My Frost DK about? Hi guys! İ need help. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/N%C3%AArf/simple this is my frost dk armory.What you think my stats?What you recommended for me?And i did some bosses 500-600k stabil dps. İ have %17 haste and %33 critic.And i use freezing fow talent instead frozen pulse.Armory doings somethings wrong. :)Nêrf3 5d
6d All Will Serve - No Bow / Disarmed Minion ? Hey Blizzard.. So whats up with All Will Serve? When i do World quest with it, fly to another location and land my minion frin All Will Serve misses its bow? so its just unarmed and running around doing nothing!... so i have to dismiss ghoul, resummon and now the minion from All Will Serve have its bow... and maybe 10-20 min later the bow is gone again !? What is happening?!?!?!?!?!?! so yesterday i had to resummon 5-10 times, and its not a problem in pvp because you die and resummon, but when you do PVE and not dying then after 20min the bow is gone from the minion - All Will Serve.... Please fixOrkz1 6d
6d Talent choices! Would appreciate some advice Hey everyone. Looking for some insight into what talent choices to take. Came back recently to Legion and ive been pulling the BoS build for a while. Works fine for me in mythic+ when just aoeing !@#$ but my single target with BoS is completely atrocious. Single target BoS usually spikes up inbetween 500-600k but on my BoS cd I'll just fall down to 400k and sometimes ill lag below inbetween runes and power. I went back to my roots to the spec I was pulling before BoS became the fotm: 2/2/3/4/2/3/1 and im not getting the same ridiculous dps spikes that I get from BoS but I never drop below 450k on single target and can still pull off quite some good aoe with pulse and remorseless winter. Im guessing it could be im missing the necessary legendaries for BoS, havent got the ring, wrist or helmet atm. Just Sindragosas %^-*ty legs and sephuz. atm my stats are 31% crit 18% haste ( Yeah I know it's a little low. Dropped a bit after I got a pretty big ilevel upgrade.) 31% Mastery 2% Vers kind regards, Gaston the troll death knight tldr: BoS is performing bad on single target for me. Should i go obliterate instead since it seems to be performing better for me? Do you have any tips for what I could do or should do to get BoS to perform better or just stick to ob build?Gaston8 6d
6d Blood DK questions After having played my DH tank I wanted to give my DK a shot. Just dinged 100, but I have some questions. 1. Death Caress: I never use it....is it a PvP skill? 2. Marrowrend: it says 16% DR and 10% haste, but when I check the icon when it procs it shows much lower. 3. What is the main mitigation? I found it odd that one fairly good one, that helps with big boss blows is a talent? Rune Tap? The mastery shield doesn't take that much dmg for example. I assumed it was bone shield, but at 10 points it gives like 2%, should be 16% per point right? 4. Not all skills mention it in the description, but which skills are supposed to gain rune power?Macrus86 6d
6d Unholy hidden artifact skin Hey, i only have one question about it because i couldn't find it in any guide, so, Can it drop from both Army of the Dead and Apocalypse minions or just one of them?Trahardt9 6d
6d Just getting into tanking What stat balance should I aim for, I'm using pawn atm but I don't entire trust it and I can't figure out how to sim my own for tanking (I only know how to do dps)Eathelin3 6d
16 Mar Helm nerf - from 40% to 20% TY BLIZZ Sucks it doesn't happen until 7.2 tho.Stéren37 16 Mar
16 Mar Mindless "balancing". Blood DKs are STILL behind. With all the data Blizzard must have at their disposal, like how many people have Death Knights, How many Blood Dks performed in mythic kills versus other tanks, and what talents people are choosing, it just baffles me how even after 7.1.5, Blood DKs are so far behind. There is virtually no competition in talents. Tanking on my paladin is pretty cool because I am always changing talents as they are all equally as good (mostly). On Blood DK I have changed talent to Blooddrinker from Heartbreaker for one week only, because the now reasonable and not useless Blooddrinker is once again becoming useless. I missed the extra runic power when swapping out, and the difference was very very clear, I was getting a lot less Runic Power.... I traded more Death Strikes for Blooddrinker, still roughly the same power but via a different method. But Blizzard who made this class, did not realise the trade-off and so thought Blooddrinker was OP when it really clearly wasn't... It was AMAZING to have even one extra choice and to change up my rotation a little bit, but the talent will once again become sub-par and the talent "choices" for that tier will no longer become a choice. You might as well just remove Blooddrinker and Bloodworms. Blizzard, please apply a hotfix and buff us somewhere. I am not the most experienced Blood DK, but I have seen a lot on the topic. See that throughout the community, on the forums, in the game, on Reddit, on YouTube, EVERYWHERE, the position of Blood DKs remains at the bottom. Ideas: 1) Keep Death Strike healing the same but double the absorption 2) Remove the need for critical auto attack on bloodworms, when crit is so bad for Blood DKs. 3) Buff our artifact, its useless for single target, which is terrible for raids. Just have it scale for the number of targets it hits, so if the number of targets is over 6, it remains the same power it is now. 4) Half the cooldown again of Wraith Walk to bring it closer to 20 seconds baseline. Readjust the talent to work with this. (Paladins get double sprint) (Druids get sprint, leaps and blinks) (Monks get blinks, sprints)(DHs get leaps, blinks, leaps and blinks) 5) Buff boneshield damage reduction. 6) Buff Heart Strike damage. I like the spell on its own, and the synergy with Death and Decay from the talent that makes it hit more targets. Good for aggro and to buff are low DPS. Not an experienced DK, but just stuff like which just sees more raw power can bring us up to speed with the other tanks, since they aren't being nerfed are they?! Druids even got buffed which is just LUDICROUS! Off topic: Bring druids down to where paladins and monks are at, and bring Blood DKs up to where paladins and monks are at. Blooddrinker this week at least made Blood a bit better for a time. But Blizzard JUST don't get it. Listen to your community for a change, not just your colleagues!!Zeragon122 16 Mar
15 Mar Blood DK PVP Talents? Which ones are worth using and which should be avoided at all costs?Eathelin2 15 Mar
15 Mar About Frost Hey So I'm still kinda salty about the fact we didn't get Frostmourne. I know Blades of the Fallen Prince are kind of Frostmourne, in the same way M&Ms are Smarties, but it's not good enough in my opinion. The more I think about it the less it makes sense. Hear me out. So, we gather the shards of Frostmourne, we go into the blades and fights Arthas and Ner'zhul, and we still have the two-handed play style so there's still no good reason not to have Frostmourne. I heard something about it being too powerful, but let's look at that: -Paladins = Ashbringer; okay, not a good example. -Warlocks = Staff of Sargeras; holds some of Sargeras own power... but Frostmourne is too powerful? -Demon Hunters = Twinblades; holds some of Kil'jaeden's own power... but Frostmourne is too powerful? -Mage = Aluneth; even the Guardian Aegwyn couldn't properly control it's power to the point where it was damaging to it's surroundings... but Frostmourne is too powerful? -Mage = Ebonchill; tooltip even says that it has just a sliver of Alodi's power but even that was more than most Magi could hope to control... but Frostmourne is too powerful? -Priest = Light's Wrath; same story as Aluneth (disappointingly) minus the Guardian... but Frostmourne is too powerful? This gets redundant after a while, but the final thing for me is that Blood and Unholy both have a two-handed weapon, so it seems a really weird thing to make Frost use dual wielding. It seems to me that Blizzard just wanted to screw us Death Knights over in denying us what is probably the most iconic weapon in the game, it troubles me not at all to say, and I think it's contemptible and a huge insult to the Death Knight community when most, if not all, classes got weapons that really helped immerse them in their role. I know that it's highly unlikely that Blizzard will ever do something about it, but I just wanted to get this off my chest and see what others thought.Hakuteiken23 15 Mar
15 Mar question about the BoS Setup for DKs Hey, I'm confused to when exactly to use it. do I literally hit anything and everything with?.. Spamming it whenever its off CD, or Save it for Bosses?... I feel like my Damage on trash specially during Mythic+ is low outside of using BoS, but it feels so wasted to use it on a 5 second fight o.O. I was hoping a Experienced DK could give me a Insight on how he/she Uses it and what they do outside of BoS Uptime.Aryil5 15 Mar
15 Mar Are we FoTM? Seems like people look at warcraft logs and just hurp durp now I'm a DK, seen so many more recentlyKly11 15 Mar
15 Mar Swords in acherus Today i found this swords in acherus http://imgur.com/a/hKx8t Am I the only one who think that theese swords more beautiful than frost dk's artifact standart skin?(and not only standart) And will blizzard add swords and other new dk's weapon which are wearing by new npc's?Нартес12 15 Mar
15 Mar Best DK mounts? Hi people hope you can give me mount advices for my tansmog.Fallén24 15 Mar
15 Mar Best looking race horde? In your opionon what is the best looking race and has the best animation for Dual wield and 2h :)?Azmodeuz11 15 Mar
14 Mar 2x rune of razorice Is this good for pvp or should i go razor+fallen?Cavelife2 14 Mar
14 Mar New Howling Blast needs some tuning Offhand weapon sticks out too much Imo. I would love to see if character just rests his left arm and sword pointing the ground. Animation is really fine as 2 hander, left hand has a cruel pose that makes character evil, but I think using the same stuff for dual wielding is just cheap and not working. Off hand is so present with HB that it steals the show from main hand which casts the spell. Also with the new Head follow feature, casting Howling blast against big enemies like infernals creates awkward moments where my character swings his sword like Harry Potter casting "Expelliarmus".Nathrizarri2 14 Mar