Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep 2016 [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep 2016
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
9h Question about DT So I just got DT on my Unholy DK that I'm leveling and there's one little thing that annoys me and I have no idea why it does that. Everytime I go in to a new zone or login it pops the <Dark Transformation> message in my screen like it's some sort of aura that i'm getting. No Idea if it's a bug or something or that it's supposed to do that. If so I'd like to know why. I know it's not a big thing, it just annoys me as in I don't see a reason why it needs to does that. Hope anyone can help! GreetingsInnerskull2 9h
1d Rate the Death Knight transmog above you - Part 11 Given that the previous thread has reached its post limit, it's time to start a new one. Rate away!Lilithriel81 1d
2d Message to all Death Knights, beware! Your kind is disrespecting the real masters of martial arts, the brave warriors that can handle a PROPER sword and not that plague bull!@#$.Jalipeon14 2d
2d Petless 2H DPS As the title states. I'd like to express my desire to have the chance to play DK DPS spec using a 2 handed weapon, without having to deal with a pet. Back in the day, either Blood or Frost were choices for that. Not so much anymore. I loathe playing pet classes. This is mostly due to aesthetic preferences. Dual wielding has never sat well with me. I fully acknowledge that this is a fruitless endeavour, but a man can dream.Lactatus18 2d
2d Reap magic bfa delete? the new spell (reap magic) has been deleted?Maryja2 2d
3d Belf male vs Male orc Hey , leveled my new dk to 109 as frost Decided im gonna race change asap because female belf was a big mistake I also got the second artifact today so im gonna try unholy spec aswell After some of the animations and mogs out there im not sure which race to pick Male belf - looks really cool if i play frost only because i really like the dual wield animations and stance but for 2Hand they look bad Male Orc - they just looks great no matter the spec but i think when it comes to Frost , the Male Belf is better What do you think? ThanksSyanná8 3d
3d UH DK - Runic Power and Death Coil Issues Death Coil and Runic Power system are really bad designed. At lower tiers our resources recharge really slow and in higher tiers we find ourselves being either with no resources or overflowed. RNG makes things even worse. The rotation doesn't feel smooth at all. We build Runic Power, a whole resource just to spam Death Coils which feels weak and lame, crossing fingers we will get some good RNG procs. The following suggestions are just my opinion and all I ask is a good discussion about how we can make Unholy Death Knights better. 1) Make Death Coil it free cost, with 6 seconds recharge time (or 8 with 2 charges), giving you a guaranteed Runic Corruption proc. Bursting a festering wound will reduce Death Coil cd by 1 second. I believe this change, if it gets balanced properly, it will make our rotation smooth and we will not depend on RNG. 2)Make Sudden Doom procs, being cast automatically. Saving at least 1 GCD makes our life easier. 3) Since we need something to spend our Runic Power and make it feel strong, here is a suggestion: Remove "Apocalypse" CD and make it only cast-able at 80 or 100 Runic Power. Make it our bread and butter spell, hitting hard, summoning 2-4 ghouls and not bursting Festering Wounds. With this change a) Runic Power will feel rewarding for building it. "Apocalypse" sounds like something that is supposed to be strong, so there you have it. Better than spamming Death Coils. b) We will summon undead minions more often which fits our class fantasy!Hotsoda0 3d
4d BFA - DK with redesigned Death Grip? Hey guys... Lot of ppl are crying about mobility in the raids and dungeons that DK is very slow against other classes like monk/dh/rogue/warrior etc just -> slowest class in the game... Well i had one simple opinion that Death Grip can be used with two ways...when u think death grip its something like...that death is touching u and griping u to herself...so what about if that works with another way that death comes to u and not u to her...if u use death grip once u will touch enemy and second cast will grip enemy to u...BUT if u used death grip one and then didnt use second cast...u will after 2 seconds griped to enemy like --> IF YOU DONT COME TO ME I WILL COME TO YOU! just idea...for BFAGaîzen16 4d
4d Winter is coming needs to be nerfed (live) Give it a 2 minute base cool-downTenebris7 4d
5d A little discussion about FDK self-sustain in BfA (PvP) I'm going to go straight to the point. Every PvP focused FDK knows of our Icebound + Death Strike heal, coming from the Artifact Passive [Ice in Your Veins]. Which is almost our only sustainability, if we briefly forget about AMS (Which only works against Magic Damage). Right now, our playstyle is as follows: Try to reach the target -> Take a lot of damage because the target is faster than us -> Death Grip -> Heal through Ice in Your Veins + deal a lot of damage -> Target uses a mobility ability -> back to square 1 and 2 -> You don't have death grip yet -> You die. Sadly Ice in Your Veins, which is an Artifact Passive wont be there to help us anymore in BfA, for obvious reasons, since we don't have our artifact weapon anymore. But BfA PvP will now go as follows: Try to reach the target -> Take a lot of damage because the target is faster than us -> Death Grip -> deal a lot of damage -> you can't heal, and if your target isn't a magic user, then you got no sustain (AMS) -> you die. Right now Live, we already have trouble reaching our targets, for let alone staying on our target, which brings another problem. Our talent stun, which is easily avoided on Live, are also gone. [Winter is Coming] Our Stun is changed to a Root. Which will make it even harder to stay on our target. And to make things even worse, then our ONLY mobility spell [Wraith Walk], will be changed from baseline to a Talent, so if you want to pick it then you lose your talent slot from 75 (If you compare Live to BfA). So not only will it be harder for us to reach and stay on our target, it wont reward us with sustain when we finally reach it. Something i would love to see, would be to see Ice in Your Veins to be baseline merged with Icebound Fortitude. The FDK Fantasy and theme Blizz seem to be trying to go for, is that we are that slow dangerous juggernaut (That's made out of paper). And we need to do something about that paper part. All this is of course only my own experiences and thought about FDK in Beta, you may disagree if you like. EDIT: Writing this post i also noticed that they removed our [Reap Magic] and has yet to compensate us for it. And another gigantic nerf i also just noticed is that they changed [Overpowered Rune Weapon]'s cooldown reduction from 2 minutes to 1 minute. Which mean we have to wait an entire minute between every burst now. Which wont synergize well with our arena partners. EDIT2: It would appear, that Hazzed has actually already covered the horrible situation FDK got in PvP for BfA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCbvPwuKcAs&feature=youtu.beWorlvius1 5d
5d Death Knights and Allied Races Hey I am curious as many other Death Knights probably are, why can non of the allied races be Death Knights? I know a lot of them are completely self explanatory if you have any knowledge in the lore. Such as Nightborne/HM Tauren races which were not any part of Arthas/Lich King and the scourge of Azeroth. But the main reason on me making this post is the situation with Dark Iron Dwarfs (DI Dwarfs) and the Mag'har Orcs (Brown Orcs), from my knowledge there was were around different parts of Eastern Kingdoms (maybe Kalimdor/Northrend?) around the time the scourge and the formation of the Lich King and the creation of Death Knights. So if is the case, it makes sense why Goblins/Worgens and Pandas cannot be Death Knights, as they were isolated races while the scourge was reigning. But since then Goblins and Worgens can now become Death Knights. (Weirdly) I am aware the training of the Monk is still going on to this day in Azeroth so all of the Allied Races can be Monks unlike the creation of new Death Knights, but I personally think that you could take DI Dwarfs and Mag'har Orcs to become Death Knights. DI Dwarfs have always been apart of the Dwarven lore fighting over the rule of Ironforge, and you can't tell me that the Lich King never got a hold of any? As for Mag'har Orcs Blizzard could make them Death Knights as Brown Orcs were around of the time of the Lich King and the scourge. The biggest example is of "Dranosh Saurfang" 4th Boss in the ICC raid, he was a brown Orc which falls to the might of Frostmourne as is raised as a Death Knight. Obviously the Mag'har Orcs Blizzard are portraying is the ones from the alternate Draenor. But I still think there should be some consideration for the Death Knight player base which makes sense within the lore. Blizzard may have plans for Death Knights and Allied Races in the future, but by looking at the ones been announced I can honestly say these are the only two races that could be Death Knights following the lore (imo)Penty19 5d
5d Nerf DK mobility. I mean come on. Everyone is always complaining that DK's lack mobility, but i beg to differ. It feels like wherever i go, a DK suddenly appears out of nowhere, even when i try to get away, they seem to Perma-Wraith walk, and catch up in no time. I think Wraith Walk needs a longer CD, or hopefully removed altogheter.Illidamn57 5d
5d When will the Soultakers reappear? I've been wondering when the soultakers will reappear.Phãsmá17 5d
6d Bring back Mastery on Defile Bring back Mastery stack on Defile in BfA please. It was not broken that needed changes, sometimes you just derp the Defile and dont get anything. There is too much focus on ghouls and dots, but the shadow build with the Defile+mastery+clawing shadow brings for me the most joy to play arround. Even the fix on the passive mastery, where it only benefits your abilities and not trinket and item procs is good, so i dont realy see the Defile+mastery nerf. Please bring it back :)Coldbeard1 6d
6d frost cc, mobilty, healing we’ve been waiting for so long for the changes to frost dk in bfa and nothing has been done to the spec so far and i hope when the changes come they give us a proper STUN cc like the cold heart legendery ability but with nurffed damage. and i hope they give some sort of healing besides death strike cause right now frost can’t survive well what so ever in arenas. i’d like ya’ll to pay attention to this incredible video made by hazzed gaming and realy think about the things that this guy says and i want the gms to acnolage what this handsome dude is saying cause he emposes very interesting points… and also don’t forget to sunscribe :D https://youtu.be/cCbvPwuKcAsDeathservent1 6d
6d PvP Shattering Strikes? Is shattering strikes worth going over icy talons? Even if you enchant razorice x2 on both weps?Alfie2 6d
19 May If San'layn are an Allied race they should be DKs We literally had 3 san'layn dks in our starting zone, Taldram,Kelseth and Valanar. We're already getting the short end of the stick with the rest of the allied races. We should get this at least :(Soddom12 19 May
18 May Class mount Questline not starting Hi What prequests are for this to start ? Amal'Thazad is in my class hall but it doesn't give me any quest ? I got argus progression done , i'm 10/15 on broken shore ,is there something i am missing ? Reputation , other quests ? Thx in advanceChanni2 18 May
16 May What have you done to the DK? Ok so I'm back from MoP and I was surprised to see that the DK didn't have his multiple runes system any more... He used to have 2 blood, 2 frost, 2 unholy and that made for very interesting rotations, but now we only have 6 runes. We are never full runes because we have to constantly use our spells... I really liked the old system. Also who decided that frost should be the dual weapon spec? It should be the opposite... The new gameplay feels vey clunky, unfluid, and with zero diversity or decision making. It also removes the major fantasy of the DK... I really hope that they change it back I loved DK but now it's just one of the most boring classRimian6 16 May
15 May BFA BETA - Crystalline Swords Baseline? 2H back? So in the new BFA Beta build i hoped to see Crystalline Swords being implented as a Passive for Frost dks or just making us faster and less Clunky. I mean i saw they implented Apocalypse back for Unholy dks and therefore thought they would also show Frost dks some love.. But no. The only thing i see is that we've gone from being fast and furious in legion to be feeling slower than a turtle, especially with the GCD changes so that can't pop Pillar with Obliteration anymore. And without Crystalline Swords Obliterate feels so empty to use sometimes, and i really miss those floating swords. And as a main Frost dk since Wrath im really sad over that they removed the option to Wield 2H from Frost DKS, i can see it all over the forums that peoples really want to see 2H back so Blizzard let us for god sake have it back ? :O I really hope somone from Blizzard will ready this and do something about it :D Comment if you feel like me :)Eregoz6 15 May
14 May 2H FROST DK Hello everyone. So i wanna talk about the state of frost dk's in the following expansion. I wanna know how many of my fellow dk's want to see 2h frost returned as a viable spec all you have to do blizzard is return the passive spell , dont remeber what its called but the effect was +35% bonus dmg on obliterate if we are using 2h , and for 1h obliterate and frost strike use both weapons for dealing dmg. I might be going off topic abit with the following sentence but i think that we want diversity in specs and not just us dk's , furry warriors want to use dual wield 1 handed weapons for example and i think that there is no need to simply kill of a subspec now when we are done with artifacts. I understand that the reason we lost 2h weapons on frost was cause of artifacts and we had frost for dual wield and uh for 2h but i think that im speaking on behalf of alot of players when i say we want to see the return of subspec such as 2h fdk's or 1h furry warriors etc etc... I have been playing this game for a long time , since near end of vanila and tbh i saw alot of changes to this games that i dont like and atm i feel like we are verry limited in how we can play our specs , even if we do get a viable 2h frost spec and other subspec that people want it might be a small change but its a change that i am looking forward to so we can have a better game with more option. Im not gonna go into diffrent aspects of the game that i dont like because this isnt the thread or the section for it and also who know how low/high number of people share my opinion but my strong opinion is that subspecs are good for the game and if you want to improve your game that this is 1 of your options. Ty dear blizzard staff and wow community Your whiny dk gebor. !Gebor12 14 May
14 May The real problem with DKs It’s not the lack of mobility or anything like that it the fact that corpse explosion looks like !@#, I remember back in wotlk it looked like an unholy nuke throwing gibs and noxious gas’s everywhere and it could be used on players. Give us the real corpse explosion and let us be the necro bombers we won’t to be.Larts0 14 May
13 May No Alied Race for DK? From what I can see. DK's will not be able to play any allied race??? If thats the case, then bb DK. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/battle-for-azeroth/features/allied-racesMåus73 13 May
11 May [frost] help with talents for m+ Hey there guys, I can't really find to answer on what talents I should pick for m+. I got the waist and ring legendary (the empower runeweapon one). Some say frostscythe should only be taken with the class ring and you should go for gathering storm without, others just take scythe. BoS is in the passed now, or so I have heard. Is obliteration the way to go then? Hate that talent, and as I now got the legendary ring, is hugnering rune weapon okay?Spraggle4 11 May
10 May DK Survivability BfA Wake Up Call Greetings fellow Knights of the Ebon Blade! This post is an attempt at convincing Blizzard to revisit our gameplay in regards to the weird nature of our defensive capabilities especially when it comes to PvP scenarios. I'll try to set into perspective why I think that our defensive capabilities are insufficient compared to other classes and ultimately also previous iterations of our specialisations. Also please note that my arguments are primarily from a Frost DK point of view though as you'll see some of the critique also holds true for Unholy DKs. So here's my two cents on this topic taking into consideration that Blizzard is not yet finished with BfA class design for Frost DKs. As many of you have probably noticed, the glory days of DK survivability are long gone. Gone are the days of practically switching to tank specialisation mid fight by the press of a button (namely Blood Presence) with incredible self-healing capabilities through abilities like Death Siphon that scaled with attack power and mastery while at the same time complementing our lack of mobility with a 40m range. And this fine. Every player who had spent some time playing Frost DK during Warlords of Draenor knew that there was something wrong about the ridiculous amounts of healing we could get with little to no effort and without managing any cooldowns. In regards to the overall health of the game removing things like Death Siphon is a good thing... But I'm afraid Blizzard went a bit too far in alleviating DK survivability. Especially when we look at things like the removal of presences and the changes to Death Strike it becomes quite clear that we got the short end of the stick. Let's talk about Blood Presence first: There's no doubt about the strength and utility presences gave us Death Knights. I'd even be fine with someone calling them overpowered in the context of WoD class design. The problem with their removal is Blizzard's justification ... It's certainly a reasonable argument in itself especially when it comes to PvE but when you take into consideration what came afterwards, the logic falls apart quite quickly. Because as a matter of fact there was no replacement in terms of game mechanics. What did we get apart from a 13% armor increase (Frozen Skin rank 4, Frost Artifact) and a 10% HP increase (Reinforced Armor, Honor Talent) that could be considered as some form of compensation? When Blizzard talks about good gameplay they say things along the line of making meaningful choices. Even if we say that things like stance-dance were clutter and negatively impacted our gameplay, it was still a choice you had to make that drastically changed your gameplay and was thereby meaningful. But the downsides of not using your off-role presence were not clutter. They were necessary. The same principle holds true when it comes to things like Divine Shield which used to have a -50% damage effect or Hand of Protection which prevented melee attacks. These trade-offs are necessary because they add another dimension to the process of decision making. Having watered down passive increases on the other hand is not a choice and it certainly does not serve to improve the overall gameplay of the spec nor does it serve to create distinction between classes. It just takes away control from the player which is a fundamental flaw in the DK design philosophy because it extends to other parts as well. Which leads me to my next point, namely Death Strike. Talking about this ability is difficult because there's simply so much wrong with it but at the same time there are quite simple solutions. The fact that it is our only somewhat reliable source of healing makes it an important topic to address. Reliability is the crux though. If we take a look at most specs they all have at least one reliable source of self heal or some other means of reacting to burst damage, be it Healing Elixirs/Transfer (WW), Flash of Light (Ret) etc. which is essential in giving you a feeling of self-containment that is very important for the health of a spec. When I play my Retribution Paladin I have a whole range of abilities to react to certain situations and that's fun gameplay. Us Death Knights on the other hand lack this sort of freedom mainly because of the fact that our only response to melee pressure is Icebound Fortitude (20% dmg reduction) combined with the good ol' Death Strike. That's the fly in the ointment. Death Strike is only as good as the circumstances allow it to be despite having good healing. The first problem is the fact that it costs 45 runic power which is the equivalent to 5 Runes or 3 global CDs. I've encountered situations in which it's incredibly hard to get these 45 runic power in time to actually heal yourself. The 400% healing increase (Ice In Your Veins, Frost Artifact) during Icebound Fortitude doesn't help if you don't have the ressources in time to actually profit from it and with the incredibly high burst damage spikes in PvP it often takes too long. Possible solutions: 1) Bring back Death Pact and remove the healing increase on IBF. Pretty straightforward ability. Easy to balance. 2) Reduce the healing increase of IBF and instead grant us one Dark Succor proc once we activate it so we're at least guaranteed one Death Strike. The main problem I have with Death Strike however, is the fact that it's incredibly prone to outside factors on which we have no influence as a player. The fact that it will not only not heal you when evaded (dodge/immune/deflect etc.) by defensive CDs or simple RNG (I'm looking at you, hunters) but also always consumes a huge chunk of runic power is simply bad game design because it places your only source of healing in the hands of RNG or basically just other players and their use of def CDs. To set this into perspective: Justicar's Vengeance (Retribution Talent) works pretty much the same way in regards to cost/healing but it doesn't use the holy power if it doesn't hit the target. It's simply not satisfying to duel someone and be robbed of your single choice of self-healing because certain specs are able to simply evade it by using their defensive CDs while bursting. Possible solutions: 1) Make Death Strike refund RP if it doesn't hit the target similar to Justicar's Vengeance. 2) Bring back Death Coil healing instead of our reliance on Death Strike. So these are my thoughts on the state of (Frost) DK survivability. Please excuse the lengthy post and feel free to post your opinions on the matter. Thank you for reading, NerovarNerovar0 10 May
09 May Idiots guide to blood mage tower challenge? Hello there. I am a crap DK who wants to get his grubby little mitts on the blood DK artifact appearance. There are only a couple of small problems in the way: I have no idea how to play the spec, and I have no idea how to beat the challenge. Is a absolute moron's guide to this challenge anywhere? It is literally the last challenge appearance I want, but I can't seem to survive for more than a minute tops.Rakkhan5 09 May
08 May Is frost fun? I actually love dk's. My question is: do You think frost combo is boring after a while? Can You describe a little the class? (Frost spec) Ty in advanceGreymanè19 08 May
08 May Cant decide for class for bfa As name says, I cant decide what to main for bfa. I am torn between frost dk and retribution paladin. Enjoying both specs, taking suggestions from you guys. thx and glhfYzomandias6 08 May
05 May weakauras for unholy Hey everyone can anyone help me find weakauras for unholy dk I do not find a good one that has both rune power and cd Thank youFrostouch1 05 May
02 May @Blizz DK's have T-rex size arms? So I recently jumped back on my DK currently gearing for unholy and so far I am shocked at the 0 reach DK's have. I am using a two handed sword ffs, the 'hidden' skin, which looks close to the size of the damn bloodelf. Yet whenever I'm in a dungeon 'I am out of range' spam. I AM STANDING ON THE MOB BLIZZ! but 'I am out of range' Do DK's have some disability? at the point of raising them up as a DK did their arms SHRINK to the point of NON EXISTENCE ? Was there some concoction from Undercity's apothecary, with a little too much rex blood from un'goro? DK's rendered hARMless Or could you at least chance the voice over to 'I am out of range even tho i"m right between the targets legs getting tea bagged' , at least like that we can get a humorous DK, to add to the humor of being a crossbreed between a zombie and the useless bits from a T-rexDeathmuck3 02 May
02 May Make Frost Less Braindead in BFA Plx As it stands now, frost is basically button mashing and "click whatever button lights up". Maybe remove the lighting up of buttons altogether in BFA? Then Fdks have to track these procs themselves. Most other classes do not have them. Didn't have any such thing on my rogue. Nor on my warlock.Bodhi7 02 May
01 May Will apocalypse be an ability in BFA? I got the beta but its not in the spellbook, I really love this ability, hope they will keep or add it later. Anyone know anything about this?Kaisja4 01 May
29 Apr [frost] keep capping on runes/rp Hey guys, I'm still kinda new to frost dk and I just can't get rid of my runes quick enough to have 3 of them recharging all the time. I've got the legendary ring that gives a 2nd charge of empower rune weapon but it takes a damn while of non-stop cb until I even use the first charge. On top of that I use the waist for 10% more obliterate damage and a 15% chance to refund 1 rune. Do note, I'm mostly doing dungeons and not raiding that much. It gets even worse when I pop Obliteration, then I have 4-5 runes all the time and because Rime just keeps popping I'm rp capped aswell. Is this just how frost is right now, or is there something I can improve on?Spraggle1 29 Apr
28 Apr ElvUI - UI disappearing Whenever I target anything, my UI disappears, as if I pressed alt+Z, and nothing i do except remove the target works.. I can still cast spells which are bound to keys but i cannot see anything. Does anyone know why this is? Maybe it's an option i turned on by accident?Dundiad2 28 Apr
28 Apr Good addons for blood. Hey good people on the forum, i was just wondering If you guys know of a decent addon(s) for blood DK, just some quality of life things. I have never been the best at using addons, and i only really have the mandatory ones (DBM etc). So If you either got a good, or some good addons i’d highly appreciate it, or just a simple yet effective template on Weak auras. What i’m looking for is basiclly a semi-transparent health and Runic power meter in the middle of the screen, so it’s easier to keep track of those, and preferably so you can see your runes there aswell, maybe even Boneshield stacks. I think there’s addons out there that roughly estimates the amount of healing death strike will do aswell? I have played pretty much all tanks (minus Warrior/DH) in end-game content, and never really felt like i needed addons (besides staggermeter for monks in MoP/WoD), but since the current DK benefits tremendously from a good DS vs a decent, i rather keep a closer look on my health/resources, to optimalize it. Last time i played Blood DK in end content was in MoP, but tanks being OP, Vengeance being stupidly OP and DK’s being strong overall (at the later half), meant i could just DS whenever i felt like it, without reprecussion, which obviously isen’t optimal, but it worked anyway. But right now i would love some quality of life changes, so i can get a better look on my resources, hence optimize my Rune/RP management, and DS usage, and i’m turning to you for help, since my knowledge on addons is limited, as is my ability to make something coherent in Weakauras. Thanks, and goodluck!Morbidsaint4 28 Apr
27 Apr Death Chain BUG maybe? Hello, after some tests I found that if chained 2 targets, it mirrors only 12.5% of the damage done on the second target. Is it intended? Description: Chains 3 enemies together, dealing (180% of Attack power) Shadow damage and causing 25% of all damage taken to also be received by the others in the chain. Lasts for 15 sec.Amaxx0 27 Apr
25 Apr Unh DK, need help understanding Unholy Frenzy Hello I was hoping any experienced DK's could explain to me the mechanics of Unholy Frenzy, and why it is better than Clawing Shadows, as it seems all the highest rated Unh DK's are taking Unholy Frenzy right now. I assumed Unholy Frenzy would be adding to haste, but this doesn't seem to be how it is working. I think I read somewhere that it is buffing your pet attack speed too, but I am not sure if this is the case or not. I was just hoping if someone experienced could confirm or deny this for me and explain to me how Unholy Frenzy is working, and why it is the better option, many thanks.Andred11 25 Apr
25 Apr Frost DK Levelling rotation Hi guys! I'm new to DK and need some assistance. I tried DK many times before the major changes were implemented (when we all had 2 of each type of rune) and sucked at it because I couldn't get my head around it. I'm now playing frost and it seems a little simpler, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on what rotation I should be using for levelling. I realise it's probably not set in stone/doesn't matter terribly, but I want to form good habits for if/when I get to current content. Thanks!Elsa4 25 Apr
24 Apr Sephuz's Secret vs Soul of the Deathlord Sephuz's Secret vs Soul of the Deathlord Which one is better?Domikron3 24 Apr
23 Apr BDK Death's Caress needs a rework The most useless and boring spell ever. I use it only when my taunt is on cd after death grip, which generates threat, and if boss is still quite far away just to be sure it won't switch target. And even then it happens rarely. Would be so much more fun and profit to have it in some way as frost and unh have. Should cost RP or X runes and be as an alternative way to spend resources. Maybe on X seconds cd. -Applies Blood Plague -You gain absorbtion shield \ runes regen. rate \ more RP generation from abilities -Or all the above, if you use Death Strike afterwards -Your bone shield charges are +5% stronger for X seconds A bit tired of 3-button braindead rotation. PS- from what I've already seen on youtube, bdk gets a nerf (red thirst as a last tier talent alongside with purgatory) and still feels squishy af, if you don't use premitigation - postmitigation Death Strike rotation. Also less buttons, which means even less fun. Your suggestions.Uendell2 23 Apr
20 Apr 2H Razorice Hi guys, should a frost dk have Razorice on both weapons?Xzombe2 20 Apr
19 Apr Return 2h frost dks again for the love of god this spec was awsome for 2h dks, when dk's were released in wotlk! Then came the ennoying folk claiming it was a duel wield spec caus of 1 lousy talent which increased the duel wield damage and somehow we ended up here in legion being forced into duel wield. BRING BACK THE 2H FROST BLIZZ PLSFysenk103 19 Apr
19 Apr Unholy is just a better frost Its true, its just frost but with more and better stuff as i will explain: First of all set your spec to some variation of this: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/talent-calculator#death-knight/unholy/talents=2213331 OK now set your abilities as follows: Remorseless winter > Outbreak Howling blast > Death coil Obliterate > Festering strike Frost strike > Scourge strike (can also use clawing shadow for direct convert) Sindragosa's fury > army of the dead Pillar of frost > Dark transformation Empower rune weapon > Apocalypse (it can generate 3 runes in this build) gargoyle/valk'ir > obliteration/breath of sindragosa Once you have done this, you will start to notice something rather interesting about it... you are effectively now playing a 2-handed and superior frost death knight. Now ask yourself, when playing frost why you simply don't feel particularly powerful when there is an unholy death knight around, the answer should be quite clear before you: Every ability you have, an unholy death knight has the same ability but better in some way then to top it off, their mastery is significantly stronger.Siffra12 19 Apr
19 Apr DK for BFA, please add strang/aspehixate id be a shame to just pve, and have 0 tools to stun burst pplBankerganker8 19 Apr
15 Apr instructors fourth lesson talents Just picked up instructors fourth lesson, is it worth switching to bursting sores or should I just stick with Ebon fever?Larts2 15 Apr
15 Apr Draught of souls unholy Hello, just wanted to see if anyone knows if DoS is still a supergreat trinket for unholy? Havnt kept myself updated on unholy and just got one 920. Got pretty stoked but didnt know if its still that good as it was. Thanks in advanceDeathkite2 15 Apr
14 Apr frost dk mage tower hi i like frost dk appearnce and want it any one can help me? i want tips to do it its my first mage tower so im beginnerFrezix5 14 Apr