Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
23s 7.3 Hype cant wait for 7.3 Frost PvP ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Pwnâge11 23s
10h Testing unholy pvp (advice needed) So, i recently got back to my dk for some pvp fun (mostly arenas) I have some questions. First off, what talents should i use for 2s if i run with a healer mostly? I see ppl run alot of different here.... Secondly, when unlocking necrotic strike, do i simply replace scourge strike and spam necrotics instead? after using cds like SR, Apoca, Transform etc. is it mainly using necrotic and death coils? When going defensive, what else can i do other than using defensive cds ofcourse and using death strike(?) Are there any useful addons for us dks to use in arenas? something to keep track on Festering wounds or something like that, anything else? Just want some basic info to start off with:P Thanks in advanceCrágoth1 10h
16h Blood Legendaries So I started playing Blood again since I stopped after the first three months of the xpac. Gotta say they seem nice now. I just noticed how GOOD their legendaries seem. They have such nice leggeis. Apart from the wrist they all seem great.Tunez15 16h
16h Mage tower Hey everyone, I've tried over and over again to do this xylem challenge but I'm really really struggling, I get to the second set of those ice crystals. That surround me but that's it. He just seems to damage me to much. I'm using the legendary ring and belt and my ilvl is 907 can any one please give me some advice because I'm really struggling.Dragonsworn5 16h
16h Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 10 Last thread reached it's limitMaanvaiva190 16h
1d Unholy Dk secret artifact skin Hi. Can i spam army of the dead and reset proving grounds in order to get the secret skin or do i need to be in combat and cast apocalypse to be able to get the special spawn?Leunamsilva6 1d
1d Death and Decay broken Im baffled that there isnt a post about this already, but Death and Decay is broken in dungeons and raids. Mobs and bosses are immune to it. I noticed this some weeks ago and I was hoping other people would notice it aswell and that Blizzard would hotfix it but unfortunately not. It is really annoying to see this happen and it messes up with the gameplay. First of all: enemies in instances are no longer immune to a specific type of magic damage since Vanilla, and in this case, Death and Decay deals Shadow damage. Secondly: The talent in the 2nd tier for Death and Decay has become totally obsolete now and will no longer give you RP when you deal damage to a enemy, because they are immune to it and as a Blood DK myself, missing dealing damage to an enemy and getting RP for it really blows! To make a long story short: I hope Blizzard will fix this issue before 7.3 comes out so I can enjoy my Blood DK like I did at the beginning of Legion, with a properly working Death and Decay and no immunity nonsense, thank you ;)Braxxis8 1d
3d What joker designed DK artefact weapons? When you do the Artefact quest at lvl 100 and killed everything you get ported to a room and behold Frostmourne is right in in front of you. You heart is starting to pound as you have a little of childish excitement thinking finally? Is this where DK's finally gets to hold Frostmourne? It is right THERE and you are waiting for the Lich King to hand the sword over to you. ... Then some lame Blizzard design team whcih must be consisting out of jokers hand you as Blood DK a red tennis racket. As Frost DK you get two tiny blades which looks like large daggers making you feel like a rogue : / And as Unholy DK you get a green sword which looks like from the grip like Frostmourne but the end of the blade has a square end instead of a sharp point... So when will the DK finally get to pick up Frostmourne?Cùrsé38 3d
4d DK PvP 7.2 which spec? Hi all, Im returning to PvP on my DK, last time i did i was around 1900 RBG rating. I want to get back into RBG again, which spec is preferred in PvP now? Currently in casual BGs i use unholy which seems pretty strong. Also in arenas which are our best comps? Thanks in AdvanceNarstie5 4d
6d Haste for Blood DKs in 7.2.5 Not sure why my initially written thread is not visible...anyhow, to the point - is Haste good or a bad stat for us now? Is there still sort of a cap? There seems to be some varrying opinions on how good as a secondary stat it is for us now which is weird.Vektron9 6d
6d Which addons are you using? Hi guys, So leveling my DK now, having a blast. Just wonder, i am using now DuffedUI texutres, which completley changed my HUD - it looks amazing, but very hard to get used to. One thing that bothers me - i cannot see my debuffs/pluge over my target healthbar. i mean, i want to see it above my enemy itself and not in my hud. any suggestions? And if you have any recommended addon, something for DK (not general addons like recount). please let us know! Thanks!Agarophobia2 6d
12 Aug Blood DK questions After having played my DH tank I wanted to give my DK a shot. Just dinged 100, but I have some questions. 1. Death Caress: I never use it....is it a PvP skill? 2. Marrowrend: it says 16% DR and 10% haste, but when I check the icon when it procs it shows much lower. 3. What is the main mitigation? I found it odd that one fairly good one, that helps with big boss blows is a talent? Rune Tap? The mastery shield doesn't take that much dmg for example. I assumed it was bone shield, but at 10 points it gives like 2%, should be 16% per point right? 4. Not all skills mention it in the description, but which skills are supposed to gain rune power?Macrus101 12 Aug
12 Aug Upgrading iLvl on non-permanent bodyguard useful? Dear fellow DKs, Is it useful upgrading the iLvl on companion like Highlord Darion Mograine, which doesn't fight alongside you when summoned, if you're going to be using him as a bodyguard for this "summon the horsemen" ability? Does it do more damage, get a lower cooldown, become more efficient in any way? Bonus question: what's the best DPS companion for a blood dk to run world quests and to explore Broken Shore with? I hear Meatball is good but I don't have access to him yet, what's the best alternative until that point? Thanks in advance for your time!Deathkrabby3 12 Aug
11 Aug Just curious... Just curious if a macro could be made to > Dark Transform and Leap, to avoid an accidental push to save your 2nd kick for arena matches... also another for stunning for longer when DT isnt on CD, i tried some basic macros which i wrote myself but none seems to be working for some reason. ie : #showtooltip /cast Dark Transformation /cast Leap Tried another one with castsequence which seems to be getting confused as well so i just deleted it... any ideas? about macros, hopefully?Yumcik0 11 Aug
11 Aug Talents of Choice for PVP Hi there, new DK here. I'm still learning the ropes of unholy DK, and I'm having a semi hard time deciding between certain talents for each match/bg. Therefore I'm looking for advice from active and experienced PVP players: When to choose Clawing Shadows over Unholy Frenzy? Is it worth taking Cadaverous Pallor over Anti-Magic Shell? When to pick All Will Serve instead of Ebon Fever? How/when to properly use Dark Simulacrum? When to opt for Decomposing Aura? (I fail to see the usefulness of Heart-stop Aura) I notice that unholy DK is a very flexible class and I like that, since it offers more depth to overall gameplay. Thanks in advance for your replies. :) PS. Please keep this discussion civil. Forums already have raging mudslinging fests aplenty. >.<Mawdrym7 11 Aug
10 Aug Legendary Legs I'm using the neck and wrist at the moment, albeit I have most other slots and today got the legs from an Emissary Chest. They seem pretty good, 2% damage mitigation, increase Runic Power by 60, huge Strength and Stamina buff. Accepting that with bracers I can spam 3 strikes with the RP regeneration is the increase in stats and RP on the legs not going to be a boost? Can anyone offer suggestions or input?Misanthrope4 10 Aug
10 Aug Another ''Blood DK's gutted hard'' thread Hello everyone! Just a quick thing: I'm well aware a lot of people don't share my opinion and i'm speaking only behalf of my own. If you agree or disagree, cool. :P So yeah, a short rundown of my experience here: I didn't play WoD at all and got to 10-man heroics back in Mists. I absolutely loved DK, played unholy in PvP with all the macros and CD management + Blood in PvE. Blood was amazing. The cooldown managing, the slight ''living on the edge'' feeling every time was there. It felt unique, fun and really made me feel like i had to adapt to different situations. Right now... not so much. I could go on and on about the ''no mobility'' issue we've been having but all i want to say is: Why on earth do we have skills that are extremely situational as our only choices? - A cleave which gives more runic power depending on how many enemies it hits? What's that? 1 target? THAT RARELY HAPPENS! - A skill that gives us defensive stacks which are depleted every hit? What's that? A group or multiple effects on you? THAT RARELY HAPPENS! - A runic power spender which heals you quite nicely and gives you a pathetic wee-shield? What's that? Overheal? Never heard. We have no clear, consistent way to generating runic power, instead of what happens atm is we need to hold on to our RP incase we get damage spikes. Which we do. A lot. And when this happens, just pray to god you time your death strikes when you are low, not when the healer pops something and you're full that 1 second and your heal goes out the window. And good luck in longer spams, because if our healer is unfocused for that 1 seconds, you explode. Been doing some mythics and some encounters feel just unfair even. I nearly always poop myself when i see my HP dropping below 10% and staying there as i try to keep calm and get my RP for the damn Death Strike. I mean jesus christ, give us at least something to work with. I am literally scared of using skills while i tank in case i start to take damage again. We are not juggernauts that feel strong close. We are just extremely fragile tanks with skills that don't work 40% of the time. And at this point i just have to ask: From a pure logical stand point. What the hell is the reason to play a BDK over VDH? They have the same-ish tanking style. More adaptability, more heals, less nerfs, more buffs. (Blood Death Knight & Vengeance Demon Hunter) Please Blizzard, do something. Whoever is watching over the balance of Death Knights there, is just smashing away at this point. By checking out the artifact talents, the situation is NOT going to change. Even the new skill is a ANOTHER cleave, which heals according to how many enemies it hits. WHAT!? WHY? WHO? WE LIKE TO TANK BOSSES TOO. The only thing making Blood DK's playable at this point is the fact that 1 of the raid gears set bonus is a rune refresh on heart strike. THIS SHOULD BE IN OUR BASIC BUILD AS IS. BIT A BLOODY [HEH] SET BONUS. Some things i'd like to see personally (Not all of them, at least 1): - Icebound fortitude, gimme. - If mob is immune to grip, pull me towards him. - Some sort of way to get back runes, except rune tap. That is pretty much useless as is. - Bigger shield on Blood Shield. Or decreased damage taken/increased parry. Something. - An RP spender which gives us helps with the RUNE CD's? I mean, sometimes i could use that marrowstrike but 1/2 runes are on CD. It really breaks me to stand there looking at the boss like ''Yeah, you hit hard now. Just wait till i get muh armor up again''. - Juggernaut in blizzard eyes, 2016. Ps. I still love the idea of a BDK and will probably stick to it till the bitter end. But i really, really want to like this more than i do atm. I really really, dislike the nagging voice in my head to tell me to ''reroll'' because it's the worst option for a tank atm.Nightsmile20 10 Aug
09 Aug Blood DK > Trinkets ? Hello, I need some help for trinkets :) I just got Archimonde's legendary trink that I will equip since its my second legendary but i dont know what to use as second one: - 930 Parjesh's medaillon - 915 feverish carapace - Darkmoon deck? If you need to see the rest of my gear, here is my character: https://worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/defias-brotherhood/harjatan Thanks =DAckheron3 09 Aug
09 Aug Class Chats 4: Death Knights [WoW Machinima] Unfortunately Strausin was not able to post this, he has asked me to post on his behalf: " Hello Everyone ! Sorry I wasn't able to post this myself, but I'm unable to post on the EU forums, and I want to be able to include as many people in my projects as possible ! What this is: Class Chats is an inteview-based machinima series that uses real player characters hand-picked from the forums! As an example, here is the latest episode: Class Chats Episode 4 (Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvb3By9Y-w) Want to get in on the fun? Leave a vote for which class you’d like next on the video, and post a comment in this thread after! Don’t forget to like and subscribe to keep updated on the upcoming projects! Thank you, please give me any of your feedback -Strausin "Zinxin1 09 Aug
08 Aug I want unholy to stay viable for pvp A lot of people talking about the damage buffs Frost are getting, which I'm happy about too because I'd like to see my Frost friends be viable again, that said I would love it if both specs remained viable, instead of there only being one that you can reliably push with, which is what happened this expac with a lot of Frost DKs going unholy for the pvp advantage. Thoughts?Kriss7 08 Aug
08 Aug How to improve Frost DK PvP in 7.3 Alright. So like many of you I have heard of the not-so needed 7.3 damage buffs to Frost DKs. Why do I say this? Because unlike most of you I have played Frost DK in pvp quite a lot. I played Frost to 2370 in 2s this season and to 2140 ish in 3s. Now I know this isn't that high rating in particular, but it was more difficult as frost to say the least to reach this kind of rating. This goes out to the Blizzard PvP devs in regards to some of the problems encompassing Frost Death Knights in PvP that have plagued us for this entire expansion. 1) We are the squishiest spec around. Yes. I said it. We are THE squishiest. No one can disregard this fact. We have a 3 min cd IBF (Ice-bound fortitude) that drains runic power but does not always gurantee to do just about anything for us. Why do I say this? Because there are many factors involved such as mortal strike effects, dampening among other things. Unholy has a nice little niche to it with corpse shield as well as passive damage reduction through traits and putting your pet in a huddle, meaning you take significantly reduced damage every minute if you choose so and is NOT affected by dampening in any way. 2) We are THE slowest of all. Yes. Even slower than Unholy. Why do I say this? Because Unholy does not need mobility to reach it's target. Unholy has way more choices in regards to how to close the gap between them and their targets. Frost does not. You have been playing around a lot with class fantasy this expansion, why does frost not then have a pvp talent that makes it immune to certain slow effects or in the least make it immune to slows during pillar of frost? This would open up choices in the talents for the talent called "Icecap" as well because it is literally NEVER taken otherwise. 3) You do not need to implement these damage increases in pvp. As I said, I have been playing frost quite a lot in pvp this season and it's damage is higher than Unholys especially on cleave. The only times it falls short is when it cannot reach it's target, which happends quite a lot. Now I understand you do not want Frost to always reach its target because the pressure would then be never-ending. However, there are so many ways to outplay a frost death knight that frankly this factor should not even matter. Trust me, I have been in those situations. 4) Fix the: "Pillar of frost is popped time to spam slow/spam cc the Frost DK to the ground" Because it only lasts 20 seconds. Granted, it is a short cd, but you NEVER get much use of it against certain compositions. Also, I forgot to say Hello to my fellow death knight friends! So Hi. As a last little point I would like anyone on the US forums who is reading this and is worried about Frost DK in 7.3, to post this on the US forums as well. Would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading! If you have any other ideas on how to improve Frost Death Knight PvP gameplay for 7.3 please do not hesitate to post!Cóve1 08 Aug
08 Aug 100 talents for Unholy PvP Why would I rather go Soul Reaper over Dark Arbiter as Unholy in PvP. It feels quite awkward to pool runes for a 3stacked Soul Reaper, when I can easily throw out an Arbiter who does crazy amounts of damage.Enraxd8 08 Aug
08 Aug A bit low dmg in raid :( need advice Hi, Atm i am doing around 500k dmg in ToS LFR. Can i please get som advice how to increase this. plz check the talent i have. Cheers :)Dextor5 08 Aug
07 Aug Unholy or Frost for 7.2 raiding? title says it all :PNumos12 07 Aug
07 Aug Death Knight mobility. Something needs to change about our mobility. Wraith walk is just not enough. We used to have more passive movement speed before and I don't see why it was removed. When you death grip with such force that it pulls an enemy to you, wouldn't it make sense if the enemy is immune to it, you'd be pulled to them instead?Necrocution9 07 Aug
06 Aug Blood DK animations are terrible This looks like Blizzard is testing all specs minus blood thinking that it will be fine. Orc Male Testing: BloodDrinker - stops casting in half time of the channel and ability is flowing out of statue instead of fabulous pointed hand. WraithWalk - after spell ends... one sec later hero starts to flow for a second again. ( Blood only... ) Blood Elf Female Testing: HearthStrike - terrible... hard do describe how stupid it is. Rips body in half where lower part is standing still and upper part is spinning like barbarian on steroids with few cm hole of thin air between those two. Suggestion: 1. New animation for belf hearth strike 2. HowlingBlast / DeathCoil point-weapon animation for BloodDrinker 3. WraithWalk is terrible anyway... bring back DeathAdvance ( 10% Passive movement buff + 100% for a few seconds on activation)Jesi5 06 Aug
06 Aug Necrotic Strike usage Hi guys, wondering if any high rating UHDK's can answer this question for me. How often should I be using Necrotic strike over Scourge strike? 100% of the time or just during burst windows with zoo of pets up?Nomm3 06 Aug
06 Aug Help me decide - DK or Paladin? Hi, I am currently looking for a new class to play. I main hunter right now, but it did get a bit boring for me lately. So i decided to make an alt. I always played ranged classes but lately decided to roll for a melee class to play something new. While deciding which class to play I ended up with 2 classes that would suite me imo. Its dk and paladin. What I was looking for is: - melee class - DPS (i know i wont be playing tank - I have tried it and failed miserably :D) - cool looking armor and abilities - fun but not super hard spec to play - enjoyment of play-style / overall feel of the class - ability to choose from different specs / different play-styles of one spec (I was thinking about also trying the holy paladin, because I kinda wanted to try healer lately) - good for soloing current content - somewhat fast paced play-style (don't like slow rotations) - class will be mainly for PvE but i tend to play PvP from time to time - I don't really care about viability in mythic raids or high m+, I play casually and for fun, not to play the dps race - The problem with dk is rune management for me. I always tend to sped all my runes too fast and not having anything to do after. - The problem with paladin (retribution) is that I over cap the holy power sometimes. Any suggestions on how to decide this dilemma?Shirøe2 06 Aug
04 Aug Can't complete frost artifact quest I completed the frost artifact weapon quest once, got the weapon. Then the game wanted me to do it again, so i did. But now i can't pick up the weapons the quest wants me to, so i'm stuck and can't start questing. Abandon quest doesn't work. Halp ploxRunkekluten0 04 Aug
04 Aug Unholy Hidden Artifact Apperance Guide So this is a guide for all deathknights out there that are still missing the hidden unholy artifact apperance. First of Artifact Knowledge 6 is required. You need to use Army of the Dead and the artifact ability in order to summon minions. Both have a chance to spawn an orc that upon death drops a journal. You dont need to read the journal for the state to trigger. How to farm it effectively? First make sure your in the class order hall now go to the upper floor and speak to the female death knight trainer the blood elf. Ask to go into the proving grounds. Speak to the pandaren to start the Bronze Tank Challenge. Once it starts use army of the dead then move to where the mob spawns use the taunt ability to aggro it then make sure you get 6 stacks of festering wounds then use your artifact ability. If you dont see the orc then quickly head back to the Pandaren. And select "I Yield" You be stunned for a while when the stun ends you can talk to him again sometimes there is a bit of lag and it wont show up the options that is. Then just talk to him again and start the bronze tanking challenge again. Your cooldowns are now reset rinse and repeat. (Took me about 1 hour for the orc to spawn) Note i hadnt done the method before so i dont know how many times i had summon minions while levelling. Once you have done the trigger use the dalaran hearthstone. Take the portal in dalaran to the shrine in pandaria. From there take the portal to old dalaran. Now head to Ice Crown Citadel. Make your way trough normally until you reach Proffesor Putricide. On the right side of the room there is a trap door you be able to use. This teleports you into a cave area go trough the cave and fight the abomination there. He will drop the item needed (100% droprate) to unlock your hidden apperance. Enjoy.Nelunis0 04 Aug
03 Aug FDK for 2v2/3v3 Hello guys , I want to climb as frost dk in arenas and I want to ask what talents should I pick vs healers ? I've done 2v2 so far as double dps and it went ok , but I lose most of the times vs healers. I run with bos spec and after burst I feel kinda weak. Would obliteration be better? Also what pvp talents you think helps a lot vs healer :)Biniditat1 03 Aug
01 Aug Wraith walk bug ruins of lordaeron So when is blizz going to fix the bug where u literally cant cross the tomb ? If I remember correctly, there was even a moment during the EU Cup when this bug appeared for everyone to see.Møthër1 01 Aug
01 Aug New dk player? Hi I am looking for some recent dk PvP and PvE footage to see if the class might be for me. Especially interested in unholy. Feel free to share other specs too. Does anyone know any recommendable vids? Thanks.Issymoat2 01 Aug
31 Jul DK Frost/Unholy vs Warrior Arms - PVP Hello mates. I would like to ask which one in your opinion - DK Frost/Unholy or Warrior Arms will be better for BGs and Arena? Tried both class, I watched some youtube videos (mostly BajheeraWoW videos) but still no idea and I need your advice.Lesoth9 31 Jul
31 Jul Question about pvp talents - unholy. Hello i have question about talents for pvp. Why people didn't take Ebon fever in pvp? All what i see is Bursting Shores and All Will Serve... But why? Please can some experienced dk help me to understand this. Thanks and sorry for my english.Nimakkry3 31 Jul
31 Jul How is frost dk in BG's Curious as I'm looking for a melee class which can create pressure without using long CD.S to do it. For example fury warrior feels only useful within the burst CD.Snagaripotku18 31 Jul
31 Jul Frost is playable in 3s atm? if yes what comp will be best for him guys?Befree3 31 Jul
31 Jul Dk 3v3 arena pvp Maby its only me but i feel prety weak as a dk in 3v3 i do know we are strong in 2v2 but in 3v3 we always good if our partner is op From start of legion i heared about Balancing for 3v3 and dk is pretty bad atm we need a fix i dont ask for op buffs no i ask for skill changes so ppl can feel if the dk is good And to feel usefull After 2200 dk is not a good choice for 3v3Downbreak7 31 Jul
31 Jul DK pvp problems! Hey boys'n girls! I've started pvp'ing on my DK, yet i don't Seem to Be putting any presure, or killing anything in 2's or 3's, ( i am still low raiting i know ) playing with my brother WHO's playing Rsham and HPally, i see other DK's chopping anything they get close to, yet i hit like a wet noodle.. But i know the problem is obviously me, so my question is, What should i do, is there any good tricks that i must know, thanks in advance! Appologize for my poor English :)Drebins18 31 Jul
31 Jul Question about setup. Hello guys i have question. Which one setup is now best on arenas for dk unholy? I was think about lock affli/spriest and monk/shammy but im not sure which one is best.Nimakkry2 31 Jul
31 Jul Dk and pvp seriously hey guys remember asphyxiate? yeah bring that !@#$ing %^-* back cause if every other class can have some for of easy point of click cc why can't dk? like !@#$ off also for pvp alone icebound foritude should be either 100% or last at minium 20 secondsZeneder10 31 Jul
29 Jul Trinkets What's the best trinkets in TOS for Frost or maybe for Unholy? which i am still learning at the moment.Zultansaint2 29 Jul
29 Jul DH much stronger than Blood in instanced pvp? I've tried guardian druid/DH tank/Blood DK in 2v2 skirmishes and BGs and it seems to me that DH tanks TOTALLY slaughter any other tank in 1v1 combat. They have exremely potent self heal + metamorphosis GOD form + great magic dmg (fire) and other tanks just can't cope with that. I've had at least 5-6 occasions of Blood DKs (one of the best 1v1 self-sustain classes) dueling me and being unable to drop me below 50-60%. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining. I just want to ask for confirmation if I am wrong or if it's other players fault.... I don't say we are OP because any class which can kite totally humiliates DH tanks. We die a slow and painful death BUT anyone who dares to oppose us in 1v1 directly dies a miserable death without even tickling us.Bornog4 29 Jul
28 Jul Army of dead with 2set should i still use 7-8 sec before pull? im not specced dark arb, so im thinking i use it right on pull and use my garg, DT, defile meanwhile i dont have runes just to take advantage of damage bonus. what are your thoughts?Wôrgenator5 28 Jul
27 Jul Enchant for blood DK Fallen Crusader or Stoneskin? Icy veins suggests Fallen Crusader however Stoneskin provides 5% more armour so i'm not sure what most people actually use.Wofflo5 27 Jul
27 Jul Frost DK defensive skill After Outlaw rogue as Frost DK i am easily dying at dungeons. Maybe because i played rogue and reveal on cheat death, crimson vial, greed heal, feint and other rogue defensive and self healing stuff. As DK i have Anti magic shield and icebound Fortitude but long CD and Death Strike heal, what is best way to keep myself alive... need your help, i am beginner DK sry :P :)Veljkovski7 27 Jul
27 Jul Spec selection I'm a fairly new player to WoW (about 1 month now), I bohght legion a few days ago and used my boost on a DK. Originally I speced in frost and took the first arfitact as the frost swords. Played that for a few days from 100-103 but I noticed while questing that he was very squishy when pulling multiple mobs and took a lot of damage off elites etc. I got offered a second artifact and took blood because I thought since I already have dps at least I have blood for future tanking but I decided to try it out while questing and absolutely love it. I can pull 15 mobs and finish the fight on full health. The only downside is it doesn't really have a high damage move I don't think but it makes up for it with the survivability imo. What I'm wondering is if I put all my focus now on blood gear and powering up my blood artifcat will blood still be okay at end game content like dungeons and raids or will I really need a dps spec to shine? I can't really work on both artifcate because I need the power points for one or the other and same with gear I need to focus on one or the other. I deffinetly prefer blood over frost right now but I don't want to make the switch if it will hinder me when I reach max.. I've never been max before this is my first lvl 100 so I don't know how things work at max level so looking for some help please!Overloaded8 27 Jul