Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep 2016 [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep 2016
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
45m DELETE THIS GARBAGE CLASS !!! just wednesday riot postKeishawyen12 45m
1h Why are we being ignored ? Well , i usually never post on official forum but after the recent thread i have to admit aswell that Uh dk is so far the worst and the most frustrating class in the PVP scene Was top 20 with 1k9 cr just to tell you how much ridiculous is the class design atm. -Damage / absorb of necrotic strike is too low : it was good at the prepatch before u decided to nerf 33 % Of the current asborb -Assuming that we had never been known to be the best surviability class , this is even even worst than legion : Death pact now absorb a total of 30 % Of your Max hp while this is god damn ridiculous -Mobility is terrible , but meh we are used to it.. Please do smth , i've been watching most Hotfixe since the 15 last days and i feel that Dk is getting completly ignored over it.Absolue19 1h
1h Started playing death knight, some questions! Hello! I started playing death knight specifically blood and frost because I dislike unholy design in class fantasy. Right now I am leveling through outland and I have noticed that frost deathknight deals not much more damage than blood and dies much more kinda stupid question but will he be much stronger later or I am not doing his rotation well enough?Drakk10 1h
4h DK first world azeroth problems I used to boost my Healer friends in Arena with my DK, now half of them are trying to boost me and the other half do not want to be my friend anymore. RIP DK survivabilityBlahblahxx0 4h
4h So.. DK's are NOWHERE in the high arena ladder.. It's actually sooo sad to see. That DK's, Unholy and Frost alike, is nowhere to be seen in either 2s or 3s. We can see the ladder on their official site. And on neither bracket, then there's not a SINGLE DK in the top 200. IN BOTH BRACKETS!?. We are actually so unviable that it's laughable. The highest ranked DK in 2s is at the 229th spot. The man Cervantos himself (I have no idea who this is i'm sorry). And in 3v3, on the 215th spot we have Bloodzin, followed by the 216th spot Baliavac. What makes this funny, is that our best players. THE VERY BEST DKS (right now). Aren't even Gladiator. There's not a SINGLE Death Knight Glad in EU. If this isn't a call for help, then i don't know what is, Blizz. Please make us just somewhat viable. Edit: Just checked. DK's are actually the only class that haven't reached Glad yet. Amazing.Worlvius22 4h
4h Unholy and dk survivability (excluding blood) Hi! I'm really new to the NEW unholy and dk in general, last played when lvl 90 was max. So... Last night I did a couple of bgs just to try the class a bit. And one thing that struck me was that I had a really hard time getting runic power to death strike, I felt like it took me ages to get enough to stay alive. How do unholy do in general survivability? I mean on my enh shaman I felt, even on low level, that I could at least annoy ppl by spam healing a while and stay alive a bit longer. Of course I probably have a lot of learn to play "issues". But again, should runic power be this slow to refill? As I recall we could spam strike with deathstrike back in "the days". Any tips very welcomeÐrethas10 4h
4h State of DeKay More than a month and not yet a single blueword about PvP buff for us. Is it time to re-roll or stay faithful and play a babydoll? I'm just curious how many of you are still playing DK or not. EDIT: Just checked and we've got first buff. Can't say it's helpfull for PvP :( Death Knight (Frost) Frozen Tempest: Damage increased by 100%Simulacrum7 4h
4h Blood DK M+ This feedback is from my point of view as a monk healer in M+. And not meant to dissent on the DK community in any way. Perhaps this is just the player but it seems to me that DK tanks are taking inordinate amounts of damage in M+. They have about 225k hp and run into a pack of mobs and immediately take about 66% of hp damage. This then continuous throughout the fight. In tougher situations I do about 25k hps on the DK tank alone and DK's self healing is also about 25k hps. So that is 50k hps needed just to keep the DK tank alive. At that point I cannot spare much group heals and choices have to be made. I am starting to get generally uncomfortable grouping with a DK tank for M+. Is there anything the DK tank may be doing wrong? Or is perhaps the combination with a monk healer not so good?Jcpandamme0 4h
5h Fix necrotic stike bug Necrotic strike apparently was nerfed by 50% instead of 33% which was announced in patch notes Tooltip shows 8500 (no additional str buffs) while on target dummy or player its 7k debuff which is clear 17% additional stealth nerf Test yourself if you dont believe me, its been like this since releaseCapmä5 5h
5h Severe class issue Ok, so I'm mainly going to talk about haste here, essentially this possibly the most desireable stat for a frost dk, however it is not actually good for the dk's system of operating. What happens is, you gain a bit of haste, your global goes down and you run out of resources faster and thus downtime for excessive durations, and since the talent that was meant to fix this issue, Runic attenuation, was nerfed to PPM it has made the situation rather dire as until you reach a certain haste value (The Gcd cap) you will continue to consume resources at an increasing rate that the class cannot sustain. After hitting the Gcd cap, your damage will suddenly start to increase drastically when generating more and more haste because of how good the stat is or rather should be for a frost dk, This is why you may often experience 1 of 2 things: 1) You have alot of haste so You keep hitting extreme downtime (or as i like to call it, "dead time" coz cant death strike or do anything) without any buffs active but things go extremely smooth during bloodlust/heroism effect. 2) You have almost no haste so During empower rune weapon or haste buffs you recieve the aforementioned problem and run out of resources despite them seemingly being designed to increase your resources. The only way i can see to fix this problem in the short term would be to essentially lock the Gcd on the death knight somewhere in the middle like 1.25s and balance the resource generation accordingly to mitigate the issue and stop us overconsuming.Siffrah0 5h
8h Buff DKs just a regular Wednesday postFenn4 8h
10h Why dk dont get atention How pvp dev team work they look first at class that are played alot like druids they will try to fix them till dk the list is long Just reroll or come back in 6 mounths It was same in legion Every expac they buffing druid The pvp balance team dont rwaly take feedback from forums they will say that yes To make ppl feel good thats it Prove they trying to fix ele While shamans have good specs in arena resto is one of best healers atm They care 90%pve 10%pvp So SUFFER WELL I WAS A DEAGH KNIGHT BEFORE 6 YEAR MAIN STARTING FROM PRAIVATE SERVERS NOW IT WAS THE RED LINE AND BLIZZARD PASSED ITKadjitsu0 10h
18h Buff Dk's I mainly play unholy and atm its lacking in all as specs i don't even come near the dps my guild mates have while were the same ilvl etc. I could post a huge post about what could be done but blizzard is gonna ignore it eitherway and not gonna do anything.Postura0 18h
19h Rate the Death Knight transmog above you - Part 11 Given that the previous thread has reached its post limit, it's time to start a new one. Rate away!Lilithriel243 19h
19h Any good pvp player should reroll to long dks were in the shadow 2 expacs in arrow dks started as a dead class no pont maining it anymore the its unplayable and unfunKayjitsu4 19h
20h HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND ( ;_;)Trevor6 20h
23h Should frost dk head toward wind based abilities? As the title says. Reason i ask this question is because we do have some wind-based skills such as remorseless winter and howling blast. And if being technical the 2 frostwyrm skills are also breaths.Siffrah1 23h
1d A single frost DK buff since BFA launch (Frost) Frozen Tempest: Damage increased by 100% this is litterally all we recieve after all these riotings and complains and whatnot. wowTupacisbest7 1d
1d Nerf DK mobility. I mean come on. Everyone is always complaining that DK's lack mobility, but i beg to differ. It feels like wherever i go, a DK suddenly appears out of nowhere, even when i try to get away, they seem to Perma-Wraith walk, and catch up in no time. I think Wraith Walk needs a longer CD, or hopefully removed altogheter.Illidamn72 1d
1d Recently switched to Frost, are there must have addons? So I recently switched to Frost from having alwayse played Blood. I like it allot, leveling is allot faster and I still have some healing abilities, are there any addons that are really usefull for frost to keep track of things, for example to know when Chains of Ice is at 20 stacks and certain spells come of CD?Ezodan1 1d
1d Necrotic Strike tracker Anyone aware of any up to date addons that displays a simple number? Cant find anything up to date that does this.Hollow7 1d
1d What do you love and hate about UDK PvE My main is Unholy DK. So I wanted to share my opinions with you PVE wise, and hear your opinions too. What I like about UDK? In Mythic plus i save my runic power for huge pulls. Then i aplly Outbreak then spam Epidemic 5 times. 50k damage on Details. Big yellow numbers everywhere. Total satisfaction. Opener Sequence is also amazing. The preperation of a fight. Army of the dead, potion,outbreak, transformation, unholy frenzy, apocalypse.so much cooldowns and minions at once that you can feel that you singlehandedly melt a boss for couple of seconds, that satisfaction is amazing. Defensive cooldowns are really fun that you can use anti magic shell in underroot's mushroom boss and pop a lot of mushrooms to save whole party from wipes and when you have your cooldowns are up you dont want to cut your immerse damage and bam, AMS saves the day. (It's not only for unholy, but still fun) What I dont like about Unholy DK? Simple gameplay and rotation. Unholy DK at first seems hard to play with lots of abilities and tracking and stuff. But once you play it couple of times it feels very braindead. aside from cheeky stuff, your core rotation is dont drop outbreak DOT, apply festering, burst festering and use death coil to avoid capping/sudden doom proc. And basically click on your cooldowns whenever its available. Especially in single target fights and middle of the boss fight you just click 3 buttons in abysmally slow rotation. Mobility. This is a nightmare. Dodging stuff and "move away from your allies" are DK's most frustrating things. That's the only reason i'm playing a god damn goblin, for rocket jump. Festering Wounds and unholy Frenzy RNG is also frustrating. you dont want to use festtering strike but sometimes you must. and when you use it unholy frenzy or 3 tick festering strike procs and you are at 6 stacks and dont have any runes to spend it. Rarely happens, huge DPS drop but very frustrating. So overall I love UDK, My favourite spec and class so far in BFA, But also suffers from braindead simplified rotation like all other classes in modern WOW.Totoafrîca3 1d
2d When to use BoS So im gonna start raid as frost with the BoS talent(ofc) and there is one thing after playing alot of feral im unsure about. In the pull and for the rest of the fight, do you pop pillar asap then save BoS for the last second of it to maximize the strenght gained from it or do you go pillar - > BoS directly after? So what i mean is does BoS snapshot the str from pillar or not?Ambjörn2 2d
2d Blue post on mmo-champion... made me laugh so hard! Visit the site and go see for yourself... "Class balance" - "Since Battle For Azeroth release, many Shaman players have felt betrayed by Blizzard." By Blizzard... Uhm........ CoolStoryBro :'D :'D :'DDrakedogz3 2d
2d TARGETING MACRO FOR D&D Is ther any macro that instantly casts d&d at the target i have selected without placing it like instead of the amcro were it casts it under my own feet it instantly casts it at the enemy i have selcted but under their feet?Gären7 2d
2d Runic Barrier azerite trait bugged Hello , runic barrier a Death Knight azerite trait is not working as entended. I have 2 such traits and the additional damage absorbsion works but NOT the time exencion !! it should increase the time with 6 sec for every trait but it dont do it .Vladikata4 2d
2d Death Knight-Only Horde Community + Kazzak Guild Join: Master of Puppets: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/KYagwncBwR?region=EU&faction=Horde The Death Knight-Only community, we are the new unholy army, join us. We do Fun, Social and Polite chat, PvP, PvE, World PvP (Death Knight Armies in Raid Groups/Zerg) and much more! After joining you can also join our guild if you are in Kazzak-Eu! We Grow!Darkdenis5 2d
2d been away a while but heres my thoughts some of you know me here at the DK forums, well ive been off a short while now, and since all the rioting and stuff here seems to be going on, i thought id once again share my thoughts and few ideas for how to make FDK good again. death Siphon returned as it was back in MoP. Death strike healing for 15% more. Damage all over increased by like 10% including frost damage. armor increase by like 10-15%? like the armor increase in legion from the artifact. frost strike given its range back, this made 2v2 arenas sooo much easier and fun. wraith walk being baseline. the absorb from death pact being reduced to 15% instead of 30. these are my resolves what you guys think?Tupacisbest5 2d
2d BUFF DK PVP Alright blizz its been fun and all but get ur !@#$ together and buff dks, i literally got one shot in arena by a rogue and a paladin coming at me with all their cds, i couldn't escape and my def cds meant nothing, they went right through all the def cds, i died in the first 5seconds after engaging, like come the %^-* on, !@#$ rogues can do a lot of dmg with a lot of survival spells, same to paladins, warriors are kinda squishy only exception they got good dmg, really good dmg, i went an arena on my warrior in the first 3seconds i managed to do 120k dmg.. I'm also unable to join any pvp grps cuz dks are that bad, literally i got invited the group leader waits a few seconds in case another class join in regardless of ilvl and i just keep getting kicked(same goes to any Mythic+(and no i'm not going to tank)), i tried everything running with tank trinkets/traits/armor rune forge, guess what i died in 5 sec.. really disappointed in the way u guys keep treating dks.Darryus0 2d
2d why they wont buff us Beacuse we are actualy not that bad. we do ok dmg st and good dmg multi target. we can actualy do the mechanics on boses and we got that grip that is good in a few fights in uldir. the clas dont have dmg problems, the problems are our talents and play-style witch i enjoy. But they wont buff us, we are not that bad, other clases and specs are worseÐreich14 2d
2d (Unholy)Death Knights need to FEEL the love too ! What follows is applicable to all DK's and current FEEL of Unholy DK's. I usually don't post, but i feel that we death knight have not even been on the back burner , not even next to the kitchen stove but we're still in the refrigerator hoping for something to happen. As i've read the upcoming class tuning, and couldn't find anything about DK's let's just say that was the last drop. I'm not gonna "threaten to unsub if you dont buff dks !1!" i'm simply trying to convey that playing a (UH)DK is NOT FUN and ill endure it a bit longer but i see myself quitting the game in the future if nothing major changes. Now i'm not gonna bore you with my "credentials" as they're not impressive nor meaningful, i'll only say this, ever since the launch of Wrath if/when i played WoW my DK has been my main. And i know perfectly that playing the game isn't all just about doing the most damage and i'm perfectly ok being middle of the pack dps but ! I don't mind having to juggle 6 plates, until i look next to me and see the guy standing there juggling 2 plates with occasionally a 3rd being thrown his way and his payoff being equal if not higher then mine. That is the best analogy i can come up with to describe the current state of PLAYING Unholy DK's. I want to emphasize PLAYING because looking from afar on paper UHDK should be fine... until you play them. Applicable to all DK's: The fact that we STILL have runic corruption (and empowerment ) is mind blowing, not only because we already have to deal with TWO different resources (arguably 3 but that comes later) But because it brings nothing of value "wooptidoo RNG for a short burst of resource regen" , it's just bloat ! Solution: remove runic corruption & empowerment, and tweak baseline rune regen slighty to reflect the change. Speaking of runes, why is haste still our best stat ?! It doesn't suit the class fantasy at all, we're supposed to be slow & hard hitting so why would we want to increase the rate of how often we strike instead of increasing how hard we're hitting ?! If it's not obvious by now, haste playing such a big role on our resource regen breaks the class fantasy and playstyle. Solution: better baseline rune availability, there's are multiple ways to achieve that but it's impossible for me to play and test the different ways so i can't give "real" numbers nor say what would FEEL the best to play. But from baseline faster rune regen from 10 to 8 seconds (as current almost unachievable haste goal) or allowing more than 3 runes at a time to regen or increase the number of runes from 6 to 8 or 10. While scaling haste to affect rune regen just enough to flow parallelly with our gcd and heavier diminishing returns to avoid the superfast spam during BL ect... Now the above changes might make us too powerful (TBD), but it would fix the class fantasy and improve the FEEL of playing a deathknight so if push comes to shove you can still just hotfix our dmg with a flat -5 or 10% and go from there. On to Unholy deathknight: Our third and unofficial resource: festering wounds Festering wounds are in short, the old combo point system that was thrown onto the plate of UHDK. For those who might not have been around or have forgotten about it, you used to build combo points on a target the fantasy being somewhat along the lines of "hitting certain spots/weaknesses on your enemy before unleashing a devastating attack" iirc. That later changed because of the handicap it created for target switching... see we're i'm going with this ?? Why did we get a 3rd resource, in it's outdated format re-framed with it's handicap towards target switching ?!? Solution: multiple different ways, now i'm not a creative person for the class fantasy side of things... But how about instead of applying wounds on your enemy you turn that into "leeching strength from your enemy", or inspired by shadowmourne a "drained soul" strike .... again i'm not a creative person but u get the drift...just something so we can target switch effectively. Or feel free to completely remove our re-framed combo point system, as i fail to see it's value compared to simplified short cd abilities like most other classes have or more diseases, f.ex festering strike could be a 1 rune ability that applies a short duration disease on your target, apocalypse would work perfectly without the need of wounds... I personally feel with the above changes being, repairing the class fantasy and improving the FEEL of playing a dk by changing our rune regen and reliance on haste paired with ditching or fixing UHDK outdated CP system would make the class and specc much more enjoyable to play. I don't expect a blue post not only because it's EU forums, but because it's DK forums i just hope whoever that can, passes this along to someone at blizzard. I'm always interested in reading what others have to say about this, so feel free to correct me on where you think i'm wrong.Drekzhul19 2d
3d important question are you gonna buff dks this year? Already halfway done with the xpac and we're still uselessCuteboyxo4 3d
3d Express YOURSELF! Why don’t I see Buff or Riot posts anymore? Were they deleted? Is Blizzard try to shut our mouth? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_protest btw. So don’t act like some kind of idiotcracy, when you’re taking our money on monthly routine. Thanks for understanding.Vulgar5 3d
3d DK music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxfmYR7ItMFenn2 3d
3d Breath of Sindragosa doesn't work So I have a bit of an issue since BFA launch. About 50% of the time I use Breath, the CD goes off, I do Breath for like 1 sec (with full runic) and then it stops. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if there's something that can actually cancel the effect? Maybe I'm doing something by mistake, although unlikely. Has anyone else had this issue?Ashrath2 3d
4d Black Harvest like quest for DK Because why not? we are worst pvp class and slow like a snail, hit like a 5 year old kid and at least we could get something cool like visual effect changes, or adding new pets, even tanking ones for those who dont like Blood...Zeratux1 4d
4d Howling blast+ Ok, so alot of people went riot mode lately but... how about doing things a little more sensibly, just make a thread specifically about whatever ability you think isn't great and voice your concerns about it. Anyway, on to the thread. I will start by simply saying I think Howling blast should be a talent again with Icy touch being the baseline ability for frost, This would essntially allow them to change and buff up howling blast significantly, likely a shortish cooldown with big damage using either no runes or 2 runes, preferably 2 runes so it can be even more powerful. What this achieves is that your base rotation proc will no longer force you to use aoe when you really shouldn't or do not want to be using aoe it would also make Howling blast a pretty lethal and once again feared ability of the frost death knights arsenal. The current version, while offering better gameplay than that silly 1-button howling blast spam version simply has a crippling flaw in that you just don't want to use it at all without that rime proc active and it is somewhat weak even with the proc, which i guess feels a little wierd and I really think howling blast should be an ability frost dks should want to press whenever it becomes ready.Siffrah5 4d
4d Tol Dagor Anyone else find this dungeon frustrating? I hate the part when progressing to and while engaged with the boss called Jes Howlis! Causes a right riot of inmates prison break to deal with in the second phase. This song goes through my head whenever I'm participating there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PELunadorei2 4d
4d The reason the class isn't getting "fixed" The reason they have not fixed death knights this expansion is because they cannot fix it, in order to do so they would have to completely and utterly rebuild the entire class from scratch as they have already dug a hole too deep over the years, and this was a whole that ironically was supported by many dk's on this very forum despite my warnings of how bad it was becoming. Long story short, It simply is not going to get fixed because just giving 10% damage here or 10% damage reduction there will not fix the inherent issues with the class and resource system they have chosen to devote "development" into.Siffrah12 4d
4d Frost RNG needs toned down Ok so after looking through frost, it has far to many components devolved into RNG based mechanics, from randomly generating runic power on frost fever, to most of the talents relying on some form of RNG and heck Killing machine even has double RNG attached to its chance on crit(chance) not only is the class completely reliant on RNG to generate resources, but then is also almost completely reliant on it to actually do the damage after it just went through RNG to get the resources then pair that with the spec being funneled into pretty much 1 build if they want to avoid a random number generator screwwing them (which it then still does). My point is, that alot of Frost Death Knights no longer feel that it is them playing the class itself but instead a random number generator is completely telling them how much they are allowed to do at any given time and that is not good for a spec/class that requires some form of harmony between 2 seperate resources.Siffrah0 4d
4d Suggestions to improve DK in PvP Dear Blizzard, This is my constructive feedback on how to improve the class based on issues I feel create a negative player experience in a PvP environment. After doing some research on the PvP ladder (2v2, 3v3) there are little to no death knights which shows the class is having some trouble winning. Survivability The primary issue from my perspective is survivability. I'm constantly dying faster than other classes in arena. I think only subtle changes are needed to fix this without compromising the current state of the game or over buffing the class. Suggestion to improve survivability in a subtle way 01. Make Vampiric Blood baseline. A strong healing received increase would help us survive in arena when communicated well with a healer. This would also make death strike worth using when the cd is popped. 02. Bring back the ability Lichborne. This would allow us to death coil ourselves and heal for a certain amount of time but make it a strong heal. It would also make us need to consider using runic power for healing or damage, which ultimately leads to more class depth. 03. Death Pact - Change the healing absorbed to an increased healing received by 15% for its duration. 04. Make dancing rune weapon base line. This would result in a slight damage buff and a way to deal with heavy incoming damage from Warriors/Rogues. I hope you find these suggestions beneficial and I encourage the DK community to help by suggesting subtle improvements to the class as we know its to late to rework abilities drastically.Kagami7 4d
4d Virulent Plague Combat BUG I think this bug has been around for AGES and I just had to make a topic about it caus its driving me NUTS. Heres the problem Whenever i use outbreak and dot someone up ill stay in combat, even when i die and rezz at graveyard I am still in combat and cant mount for 10-20 sec. Normally i don't mind in random bgs, but now with rated bgs this is srsly an big issue when timing is everything, why isen't this fixed years ago?? Oh for the love of god buff dks in pvp pls, I feel running around naked is the same survivability atmAlthulus2 4d
5d Blood DK mobility for almost all fights in Uldir Ohhhhh boy. My mobility is so bad that I've had to go DPS and let a DH tank because all of the fights are so movement heavy and my slow DK !@# can't deal with the mechanics. Anyone else finding the same? (mostly in Heroic and up)Chackle3 5d
5d Third Artifact Appearance after the launch of BFA? Soo, i was wondering if i can still obtain the third artifact appearance , after the launch of BFA. If you can unlock them , do i need to complete all the order hall quests for "Balance Of Power" quest line ?Kfoifddoij1 5d
5d 29 days - no changes 29 days (refund pls?) without addressing any issues to unholy DKs in pvp, let the count show beginFenn6 5d
6d How would you solve Dks problems in Pvp? Hello, I'm not a dk player, but as I'm laying sick in bed for a couple days now being bored, I thought I might as well make one big Pvp post with all the problems of each class, and suggested changes by the community. Now Dks is one of the classes I haven't touched much. Played it in Wotlk, a bit in Cata and unholy a bit in Legion, but that's it. I read everywhere Dks survivability is crap, but can barely find any suggestions to actually fix it. So here I'm hoping the DK community have some good ideas. The only ones I had for myself, is just going on their class fantasy and bringing back some old abilities I remember from Wotlk, with unholy relying more on self healing than mitigation (as a rot/infest spec, syphoning the health of the enemies), and frost much more mitigation based (covering yourself in ice). And then for unholy bringing back death pack (sacrifice your pet for a large heal), and frost unbound armor (1 minute cooldown that increased your Armour by a fair amount for 20 seconds). Anyway that's all I got, and pretty much al I found, so what are your suggestions?Rychi33 6d
6d Control Undead Are there any undead mobs in BFA that we can control? All I see in Uldir is humanoids so far. It seems blood magic is not necrotic :(Aeronwen4 6d