Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep 2016 [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep 2016
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h Bring more Customization If in the very least you will not return Frost to the glorious state that was being able to wield and use ALL abilities with a 2 handed weapon. Then at least give me the option of making it APPEAR as if I am not dual wielding. I cannot fathom how you can be so stubborn and not allow this. It is absolutely ridiculous. Then make me just not able to wield a 2 handed weapon at all as Frost instead of teasing me like "Here you go you can wield it, but you can't use all your abilities with it." I am so sick of wielding two one handed weapons, it feels so disgusting. Do something about this, like, there are plenty of people just like me who are annoyed by this. Just give us the ability to customize more than we already can. I dunno how you would do with the runeforging. Just do it somehow, please. I've been sickened having to dual wield for ALMOST this entire expansion except for tomb where Unholy was ahead by miles. Thanks!Cóve9 1h
22h Why is frost considered brain dead I tried out unholy yesterday. Gave it good 4-5 hours to get used to it since it is supposed to be the hardest mele spec. You have to maintain a dot with Outbreak. You have to use festering strike when you have 4< festering wounds. You spam Scourged strike Dump runic power with Death coil. You put your pet on assist and that's what you need to worry about it. Now using the pet interrupt and the pet stun. You also have more buttons but they are a 45 sec stun which I'd welcome on my skill bar and one more defensive which we would love as well. About offensives you have 2 CDs - Garg + transformation. And you eventually might have 2 more cds blighted rune weapon and soul reap. We have 3 eventually Pillar / Rune weapon / Oblitaration or Breath Frost is : Howling blast to start. Remorseless winter Spam oblits to extand winter Use howling blast on proc Dump Frost strikes So please explain to me how is one the !@#$ brain dead spec and the other the hardest thing in this game 0.o.Deadbreed18 22h
1d DK's survivability is gone? Just wandering how people feel about the lack of survivability we have now? :), i agree death siphon was abit too much but does any1 else think we should have at least DS cost runes again?Bryan28 1d
1d Why can't DK Raise anyone as their servant? It would be cool, if you could raise the last opponent you killed as your servant until it gets destroyed (dies). Or any NPC.Taístelíja9 1d
2d Death Knight for a beginner? Hi. I just bought WoW after playing it for few days. loving the game so far. After I bought WoW I noticed that I can start leveling Death Knight. Wanted to ask if Death Knight is actually good in end game both PVP and PVE (because Im usually aiming on the long run) is it wanted in groups and is it a good class for beginners, or I should chose something more suitable for a beginner?Wonderdude26 2d
2d Heartstop Aura/Delirium Just did tons of duels with a pala and a mage friend.Told em just to sit and watching their cds,i did also with nameplate cds addon.NOTHING changes with those 2 on em...i dont get it.And am concerned that no ones blinks an eye for it...It is buged?Its not working?Cant find any proof video links.comments.logs nothing. that they are really working.Barksalot8 2d
3d Frost or Unholy for PvE? Hello Death Knights! I think i'm gonna level a DK and i'm wondering which spec is better for PvE at the moment. Frost or Unholy. I personally love that Frost Death Knights dual wields swords and i have seen Frost more in Mythic + and raids and they always seems to do well. So i'm more interested to play Frost, but i also want to hear your opinion on Unholy. Sorry for my English, i'm from Finland. Thank you!Fisther9 3d
3d IMO Best Frost Weapon Transmog I hated frost for not giving us 2h sword until today... I was trolling around Auction House and found this sword! Was the only one on sale at my server at this moment and costed 10k gold. I dont know if this is well known weapon but at first sight I started to think... why more people are not running with it?!?! Its a ghostly weapon that you carry on your back. Phantom Blade Link to My Screen: 3d
4d Rate the Death Knight transmog above you - Part 11 Given that the previous thread has reached its post limit, it's time to start a new one. Rate away!Lilithriel35 4d
6d PvP dk trying to Improve trying to play perfect need your support and ideas want to know your opinion on my play just watch my videos on twich 6d
09 Mar No Alied Race for DK? From what I can see. DK's will not be able to play any allied race??? If thats the case, then bb DK.åus69 09 Mar
09 Mar Describe your class Hello fellow wow players, i want to switch my main in near or further future. So i came here to ask to describe your class (healer or dps) What are the major trait that describe the play style and what is the thing that makes you play this class and spec. Thank you for the time, and thank you already in advance for your opinions :)Lazykitty7 09 Mar
06 Mar Losts of discussion, but none aimed at the real problem There is still no boots for Scourgelord (ICC 25man normal) set. The set is on the loading screen for Acherus, it pains me every time to see it and know: I still cannot have the full set as a mog. Blizz, you gave warriors boots for their HC ICC 25 man, give us the same treatment!Deathvarg9 06 Mar
04 Mar Unholy Serious DPS Problem Hello all, I started this DK as frost, enjoyed it to a certain point but it felt too faceroll. I switched to Unholy which is now my most played spec in raids and M+, etc. Being motivated to be a awesome Unholy DK for my guild, I went to look up what the average DPS was for my Ilvl (950). It is around 1.7M - 1.9M DPS. However, I can't manage to get higher than 1.1M DPS?! I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I'm tired of people complaing about my low DPS. What am I doing wrong? How do I get the high DPS people want? Can anyone of you explain how you do much DPS at Ilvl ~950? I can provide lots of information, not sure where to start. But hit me up if you need some, I can post it here then.Veiana3 04 Mar
04 Mar Frost vs. Unholy PVE? Hi, My DK is on an inactive account, so before I re-sub I have a question about DK’s current state at PvE dps? If I’m not pushing World Firsts or Mythic progression, but just casual play with some Heroic raids and Mythic+ 15 +/- should I just play that spec I like the most or is one dps spec more dominant than the other? Last time I played DK my experience was that Frost was just to push what ever ability that was available and Unholy was slow and that Pet annoyed me to hell. Though Frost was a more fast gameplay experience than Unholy so I prefered Frost. Just really miss that 2H Frost gameplay :-( But maybe something has changed?Medinah4 04 Mar
04 Mar Best partner for frost dk in 2s Hello death knights,I m trying to reach 2k this season and I need advice which class is the best with frost dk in 2s? I prefer playing with healer.Alaife1 04 Mar
03 Mar M+ tier 90 talent Hey there, I am mostly doing m+ and a big fan of Frostscythe. Is it true that you should still only pick Frostscythe when you got the class ring? Also, using it on 2+ targets, that seems to be the same damge per rune compared to obliterate. With Killing Machine, even on ST. Is that correct?Spraggle0 03 Mar
02 Mar Unholy Transmog Is there any good green/plague themed set for unholy? I'm not the best at creating a good transmog so I was hoping maybe some of you could help. The best set currently in the game that fits the sort of description I'm looking for is the raid finder Antorus, the burning throne set. I'm most likely going to farm for that but if any of you know a good unholy transmog please share it with me.Gravewarden13 02 Mar
02 Mar DA extra hit Is it worth trading 1 DA extra hit at 35% haste (14 if she doesn't bug out) for Specter of Betrayal trinket (or, perhaps, something better in future) which brings me to 32% haste and 13 hits?Uendell1 02 Mar
01 Mar Highlord Kruul Soo... how many of you have beaten him? I decided to farm Mage Tower a little for this Legion-exclusive transmogs and... with time I completed both Forst and Unholy that I wanted the most - Unholy looks awesome! But Blood! After many assaults when I finally have beaten that annoying servant mage'ish demon... Kruul defeated me so hard that I started running away without watching back. Soo~ what is your experience with this brute? ;)Jesi5 01 Mar
28 Feb Kultiran Human Death Knight I know that Horde have poor candidates for DK Allied Race but they (KT-H) could fit perfectly... its not like we HAVE to have the same number of playable race-class combos... right? I play only with this hero so its not like I have some twisted plan in mind! Just thinking that would be a waste not letting them!Jesi3 28 Feb
28 Feb Blood DK's in big neglect Assuming i have chosen all passives, which isn't unlikely at all, this is what spells i have to work with at level 107: (+1 at level 110) Pathetic.Hotlinebling31 28 Feb
28 Feb Returning DK, needs some advice Hello friends, So just came back to the game after 8-10 month out. Just need a little catch up and priority of the things i should do first. I am playing Unholy (and some Blood). Most of my gear is around 890ilvl i believe, my weapon is 920+\-. So, Beside doing some random BG's/Arena, what else should i do? I just started that new place - "Argus" or something like that. Worth wasting my time there? anything better to do? As i am feeling a bit lost, any tip, advice or "to do list" will be welcome. Thanks in advance, and sorry if i had some language mistakes. Good night.Tashu2 28 Feb
28 Feb Transmo Greetings Death Knights, rate my transmo!Lafika5 28 Feb
27 Feb Mage Tower as Frost Hello, I've tried doing the mage tower challenge a couple of times now. However, I just cant seem to clear the second cast of Razor Ice. I have 950 ilvl equipped with Prydaz and the Howling Blast helm. I have 5.9 mil hp with a Prydaz shield of 1.5 mil. And yet I get 3 shotted inside the Razor Ice. Each hit does roughly 2.9-3 mil dmg and out of 10 tries I always die during the knockdown effect (when I dont have AMS or IBF). A few times I died instantly the moment it spawned, even when I had AMS activated preemptively. (3 Razor Ice proccs dealing a total of 8.9 mil in less then half a second) Is this supposed to be. All videos I look at on Youtube it does significantly less dmg, like 10-15 % health per tick while for me it does 50-60 % of my health per tick. If anyone have any tips or know something about this, please do tell :)Stråtrövarn7 27 Feb
27 Feb Death Knight bodyguard and champions Which of our class champions is considered a good bodyguard for WQs? Asking because I don't want to waste my time on Meatball missions. Also who is a good 7th champion and champ roster?Falhaas11 27 Feb
27 Feb Nerf DK mobility. I mean come on. Everyone is always complaining that DK's lack mobility, but i beg to differ. It feels like wherever i go, a DK suddenly appears out of nowhere, even when i try to get away, they seem to Perma-Wraith walk, and catch up in no time. I think Wraith Walk needs a longer CD, or hopefully removed altogheter.Illidamn17 27 Feb
25 Feb Sindragosa's Fury getting removed?!! Is this real, Sindragosa's Fury getting removed? RLY? Most badass ability in game been taken away from us! I am speechless. BFA Alpha FDK doesn't have Sindragosa's Fury!Nathrizarri10 25 Feb
25 Feb DK boost - blood spec - how to get other specs Hello guys, I am not finding any answers despite some wowheading and googling... i'm a new Blood DK (used the free character boost on buying BfA). Now i wanna pursue the Unholy and Frost specs, because i don't have any weapon for it yet - but how?? Nowhere in game it leads me to the so called "The Call to Arms" quest which should lead to the aquisition of the other specs. Instead i get the Argus questline immediately? Any ideas?Blacksabre3 25 Feb
25 Feb PVP: Unholy DK Apologies in advance as I'm sure you're all being flooded with these posts. After years of playing exclusively ranged classes for PvP, I'm thinking about rolling a DK for Legion. I've read up quite a bit and Unholy seems like a fairly strong ranged/melee hybrid. I just have some questions: How is survivability in PvP? What classes can UH destroy, what classes destroy UH? Any? All? Is single target pressure enough to be self sufficient? I mostly just do battlegrounds, so lots of 1 v 1, base guarding, etc - how's the spec looking in general for that sort of play?Elmaethor14 25 Feb
24 Feb few idea for dk in BFA i have some propositions for changes: -blood: add a spell which come with 2 talent to choose bettween: "steal X% of life from all other player in your groupe to grant you a shield equal to the amount of life stealed" or "during the next 20s all your healing is transfer to an near injuried ally" i think this is realy in the theme of blood magic and can have good application for soak or having utility while not tanking the boss in raid. unholy: make drak transformation boost our bowman, and add more pet synergies and more diseases synergie. instead of having a chance to explod, our plague could have a chance ton put a wound ( maybe by a talent). that way we could have a better aoe. remoove necrosis, this is not fun or good. frost: make this spec more cool to play, push further the impale, and riper theme.Erile4 24 Feb
24 Feb Minerva Ravensorrow Can someone tell me if it’s possible to Tmog yourself as Minerva Ravensorrow? I know the name of her Axe she uses as our follower, but how about her armor? Thanks!Rihannah2 24 Feb
23 Feb Petless 2H DPS As the title states. I'd like to express my desire to have the chance to play DK DPS spec using a 2 handed weapon, without having to deal with a pet. Back in the day, either Blood or Frost were choices for that. Not so much anymore. I loathe playing pet classes. This is mostly due to aesthetic preferences. Dual wielding has never sat well with me. I fully acknowledge that this is a fruitless endeavour, but a man can dream.Lactatus14 23 Feb
23 Feb Return 2h frost dks again for the love of god this spec was awsome for 2h dks, when dk's were released in wotlk! Then came the ennoying folk claiming it was a duel wield spec caus of 1 lousy talent which increased the duel wield damage and somehow we ended up here in legion being forced into duel wield. BRING BACK THE 2H FROST BLIZZ PLSFysenk100 23 Feb
23 Feb Blood Hidden Artifact appearance Hi Recently started playing my DK and i just wondered if doing the insanely boring withered army trainig thing is the only way to get my hands on this appeareance?Anko5 23 Feb
23 Feb Mage Tower Imp Mother Hi, Should I be able to down the Imp Mother at Mage Tower as Unholy with 926 ilvl and with no BiS legendaries? Or do I need some specific items? Thanks!Comwell6 23 Feb
22 Feb Unholy Evolved My PERSONAL wish list to improve unholy death knight. Unholy as it is feels very unrefined and thematically fails at everything it should be awesome at (to me). I think several things could be changed/improved to make unholy much more fun. Here is the list: 1) Festering Wounds - remove it. It is very annoying to track the exact number of this debuff on your target window while you have to move, change targets, look at your own abilities and abilities of your target. This thing is beyond saving and should be completely removed or completely reworked. 2) Outbreak - would work much better as a talent. Festering Strike should apply Virulent Plague in melee range and Outbreak could be the talent option to apply Virulent Plague at range. 3) Dark Transformation - feels pointless. It should be either much more important cooldown or reworked as some more interesting mechanic. Currently this ability is nothing but a very minor damage boost (at least in pvp). 4) Desecration - bring it back. It was such unique and very well fitting passive ability for the master of the dead. 5) Mastery - boring and should be completely reworked. Currently it is nothing but simple damage boost. It could be much better and more defining, for example: 5.1) Cause you minions to deal X bonus shadow damage with all of their attacks 5.2) Share X% of your haste and critical strike rating with your minions 5.3) Dealing shadow damage have X% chance to summon rabid skeleton to attack your current target 5.4) Increase duration of your minions and Dark Transformation by X% 6) All Will Serve - could be much better. Currently there is no point in taking it. However, it could be much better if it offered some great utility, like skeletal having ability to shoot dazing arrows or skeletal slowly getting stronger while in combat until it even out-damages your ghoul. 7) Defile - almost good. However, it would be much better if there would be a way to keep enemies inside of it, because in pvp all enemies will simply walk out of it. 8) Talents - what do they allow you to build? Because for me there is nearly no change in general play style regardless of talents i pick. No talent feels significant or impactful. And that's a shame, because unholy death knight have two two themes (dots and undead minions), but there is no meaningful way to focus on any of these two. I think every talent row should offer one talent focused purely on placing dots, spreading dots, enhancing dots and morphing your current abilities in ones who allow for dot focused game play; second talent which would focus on minions, enhancing your minions and adding new abilities to them of generally summon more minions; and third talent doing it both thing in minor scale or focusing on entirely different aspect of the specialization. (Like currently 60lvl talent row is trying to do with either a stun, a stronger minion or a daze through Outbreak)Rayro16 22 Feb
21 Feb Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 11 blaze it fagsVanquisheez2 21 Feb
21 Feb Frost dk over fury/arms warrior ! I would like to know, with facts, is the frost dk more viable option for mythic progression than fury or arms warrior? I am being persuaded to swap from frost dk to fury warrior cause according to the guild leader, fury has more purpose in mythic progression as in for the whole good of the group and it has more purpose cause it does more damage. Can someone that is familiar with this give me a good reason why not to swap on fury warrior?Endavan2 21 Feb
18 Feb Frost vs Unholy PvP Which is in the better spot PvP wise at the moment do you guys think?Killmequick7 18 Feb
16 Feb My finest lfr hour! (t21 question) Just looted my t21 4p from lfr and suddenly I've got my haste to 33.64% (still can keep high amount of mastery from 95% to 103%, not a big deal) Is it worth keeping it like that for some DA breakpoint? (if there's one, because different websites tell different things). Or I should trade some haste for mastery instead? And does p4 bonus affect dark arbiter(2 death coils) or DC just does double dmg? If you want to ask me why can't I just test it myself, that's because DA has stupid AI and sometimes I have 11 hits on 20% haste or 28%, despite being told that 26 or 28% is another breakpoint. upd: hahahahah what is that death coil machine-gun? lul! Okay, it does dmg not even the second, but even the 3rd or 4th time. But question remains open: does it affect DA?Uendell1 16 Feb
16 Feb Comprehensive Wishlist going into BFA 2nd UPDATE HERE! Cannot edit this because of character limit so here is direct link to the new update Hello everyone, whats cracking? As a devoted DK player who plays WoW solely because of my DK, I found myself talking a lot about some of the ideas that I wish existed in the game regarding DKs during work with my fellow WoW player colleagues. Their positive feedback inspired me to share my thoughts with you and hopefully someone authorized to be able to pass them to the Dev/Designer team, so here I am. I have mixture of cosmetic/gameplay/fantasy ideas that I feel like it would make DK more exciting. I hope you all like it and please feel free to contribute with your ideas that you think would be epic with DK! Wish Why it would be awesome to have it- Sindragosa's Fury(Frost Baseline): Simply too epic to say goodbye to Sindy!Dark Stampede as ability Four Horsemen on demand in combat! With their legion updated deathchargers of course!Hungering Rune Weapon(Frost Baseline) Far too superior to Empower Rune Weapon both in terms of impact and fun/feel of it's usage. Dem obliterates doe!Super big Killing Machine damage with Camera tilt/shake animation Rather than simply serving as Obliterate scaling, I would like to see this mechanic live up to it's name. A screen tilt would be epic to give a stunning feeling when used, pumping up the dopamine in our brains! Rime makes HB off-gcd Insipred from the amazing and super exciting fire mage gameplay(Heating Up), I think this would give us a truly reactive Frost DK gameplay which was always been the trademark of the spec and shine even better on FDK compared to Fire Mage due to the epic snapping combat animation when using Rime proc. Who wouldn't want the Bloodlust Chromatic Anomaly Speed PHase appearing in our rotation from time to time?An actual Wraith Walk animation I haven't forgotten that you said the WW animation was a placeholder blizz! C'mon give us that Reaper(OW) beauty that you have inteded in the first placeDeath's Advance active summons a combat Deathcharger! Do I even need to talk about how epic that would be?Bone Shield uses variety of bones instead of Femur only Would have been more realistic and epic tbh. A larger Bonestorm to distinguish it from our boneshield and add epicness to it would be even better. Something like D3 necromancer maybe?Consumption Hit Voice as Death Strike voice Character's yell is something that I am not sure but I would like to feel that epic fleshy sound's rush everytime I use Death Strike. So much satisfaction!Pets serve more as debuff/buff to enemy/DK Pet damage taking up a considerable portion in UH's damage makes me feel that UH dk alone is weak, uses dead ghouls to compensate it's weakness. Pet applying debuffs that increase DK's damage would make more sense to meBaseline Dark transformation pet, kill pet to gain massive damage buff! supporting the above idea that I have. This would certainly attract players who dislike pets to UH, giving a petless moment that they would enjoy.Death Coil applies virulent plague, Outbreak is gone UH can benefit from a FDK treatment in regards to it's dot. UH takes alot of GCD to open and maintain, this would be an amazing QoL change for the players. Of course Virulent Plague will keep spreading when applied like it is now.More Plaguebringer, Less Acne Popping Festering Wounds felt awkward to me. I think UH's kit is overloaded with much better directions than adding relatively weak to fulfill the fantasy of the classPvp Talent Reanimation as Baseline That is such a cool thing to have. I would have love to see it happening in PVE too, how about just get rid of the festering wounds and make scourge strike consume the soul fragments and use the collected fragments to summon a reanimated undead that will explode on enemy?The Shambler(UH baseline) Very similar to the one above. Giving some player interaction would be lovely too.UH as a Ranged Necromancer/Plaguebringer Inspired from the CLawing Shadows talent,this would have been interesting and so much fun to play imo! A Plate channeler that has siphoning attacks from range that summons multiple dead monstrosities and plays around the epidemic of his/her plagues.An improved version of Epidemic(UH baseline) Dots are a big part of DK and this is the only interaction that DK has with their dot's aside from applying them. Would have been lovely that our death coil keeps adding stacks of virulent plague and when we reach to a certain point we create an epidemic out of that target that will flare up the diseases in the area!... That is it for today guys, I will keep adding more when I come up with different ideas. Hope you liked it and had fun while reading it, cheers bb!Nathrizarri10 16 Feb
16 Feb Apocalypse changes and the RNG Unholy hidden artifact. If Apocalypse will now burst UP TO 6 wounds as max, how this will affect the drop chances of the book for the Unholy Hidden Artifact ?? If now with 8 wounds its deppressing getting the bonereaper, with 6 wounds the chance to get will not be lower? (AK 16 atm)Necrosya16 16 Feb
16 Feb Ideas for Bone Shield visual rework I think it is a pretty well accepted fact that Blood DKs don't have nice visual effects for our abilities. The spec fantasy isn't strong at all because there's nothing really nice looking you're doing. First step in fixing that would be making the chew toys whirling around us in combat decent looking. A higher rez version would definitely be welcome but what I think of is either several different types of bones or maybe even body parts instead of bare bones (which would give the effect of ripping those parts from your enemies with marrow rend) or another design entirely. I'd really love to see something similar to Diablo 2's necromancer's spell with the same name. That, in my opinion still looks fantastic to this day. I'll leave this link for reference: So, you can see that GIF of a single spirit looking entity going around in a circle. In-game, after you cast the spell three of those appear that circle you and reduce damage. After taking a certain amount of damage, one of the three is destroyed and disappears. Same goes for the other two. Now, what Blizzard coudl do with this is make a similar look to our bone shield, only it would have four spirits whirling around you. Only one would appear before reaching 4 stacks. Between four and 7 you would have two and in the case of having 8 or 9 there would be three. The final one would appear only after obtaining all 10 stacks. In my opinion, that would be an amazing visual design that if they pull off well, would give a tremendous amount of immersion and class fantasy to the Blood spec.Irhiath2 16 Feb
15 Feb Obliterate vs Frostscythe Hi there, trying to figure out when I should use Frostscythe instead of Obliterate, both with and without killing machine. Is it correct you use Frostscythe for 3 targets and more?Xuéke11 15 Feb
14 Feb Is Frost DK worth playing again? I stopped playing my Frost DK halfway through Legion due to the fact that they were nerfing frost DK into the ground. But now that we've gone through all of the patches that Legion has had and now that this year we're getting BfA is Frost DK back to being the way they used to be or not?Ñýx3 14 Feb
13 Feb Mograine is a traitor It all started when I came back from Alterac Valley kicking some Alliance butt. In the end we won as a true Horde would. Once I got back to Acherus, I was surrounded by hostile Death Knights. I as a Deathlord do not tread lightly with betrayal so they met my axe. Me is someone who they should respect so I slaughtered them all like lambs to let them know who they are messing with. They picked the wrong guy. Many corpses later I came across a hostile Darion Mograine. He of all people dare to attack me and I swiftly severed his head from his body. The remaining Death Knight laid down their weapons and did not dare to touch me since then. This to me is a proof Darion Mograine is not the person we thought he would be. A traitor in disguise who deserved death.Dahaka7 13 Feb