Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
12m upgrading legendaries, which one? Hello everyone, Harambé here. I have a question regarding what legendary item who should recive the first upgrade. I have Toravon's Bindings, and Seal of Necrofantasia. I figured that i will eventually get the new ring, Soul of the Deathlord, so i am thinking about upgrading the wrists. Maybe a boost from 15% increased frost damage, to 25%? What do you guys think? Best regards, the kid-lover Harambé.Realharambe4 12m
4h Frost hidden artifact How comes the warrior fury artifact is change to drop from HoV, but the frost one hasnt been changed??? Isnt the frost one also linked to a world boss which doesnt spawn???Narstie3 4h
6h 2vs2 partner for unholy In 2s what dps combos works well with unholy ?Dikshizt0 6h
14h Blood Dk trinkets Could somebody help me out please, with which trinkets should I look out for, just changed spec from frost to blood and thinking what should iI go withCovoniar5 14h
14h stat weights UH? My simcraft doesnt work at all so im checking here if my 900 legs that give 675 extra strength is worth it over my 860 ones that have 1k mastery? With the 860 ones im at 83% with the 900 ones im at 77%, but obv the strength is good to have.Rathocas0 14h
15h Best dk race Best race for dk on horde? I was think undead but the only thing putting me.off is the size of the armour.Bify12 15h
15h Make Frost Great Again By giving us the ability to use two handed weapons again, even if it's just being able to transmog something. I've never liked the fact that Legion Frost is DW, but retains the exact same play style as ye olde two handed Frost. Also I hate the two giant one handed swords that are big as my body, dangling off my sides as if I'm lugging two trees around on either side of me, and the available transmogs, by and large, look awful. So let's have even the cosmetic ability to use two handed frost again. Make it great again.Hakuteiken35 15h
16h Death Knight for a beginner? Hi. I just bought WoW after playing it for few days. loving the game so far. After I bought WoW I noticed that I can start leveling Death Knight. Wanted to ask if Death Knight is actually good in end game both PVP and PVE (because Im usually aiming on the long run) is it wanted in groups and is it a good class for beginners, or I should chose something more suitable for a beginner?Wonderdude15 16h
18h A question for tanks Hi all! First of all, I would like to point out this DK I am posting from is badly geared, and still being developed. I only recently picked it up... and then I decided to fill my blood artifact with traits. Usually I main DH, and I got quite used to tanking with DHs. I like their self sustainable style, which is why I decided to give DK a try as well. And when I did... here comes the question: Is it just me or are blood DKs (at the moment) quite a bit better tanks than DHs? I am asking since I gave it a quick try and my DK (being ilvl 862 I think) managed to proc traits and skills to reach over 10 mil health at that low ilvl. Couple it with mastery, self heals and all... I feel that makes one insanely good damage sponge. Also I would like to point out it was raw gear, no enchants, no gems, no food, consumables of any kind... At the same time, at ilvl 900, my DH with demon form gets to ~8 mil health (also without consumables). Given that they both self-heal, wouldn't DK's plate armor and cooldowns combined with higher health (I dare not imagine what will be top health once I gear DK out) make a better damage sponge? Basically, I am just comparing the two so I could decide whom to main as a tank for PvE. Any input is appreciated! Yours truly, TheOneThatIsStillLearningAboutTankingInLegion :DMelchíor16 18h
1d Terrible mount I don't play a DK, I seen your class mount today and I am absolutely horrified. Not because the gruesome dragon turns the blood in my veins cold, but because of the awful execution of what could have been an amazing class mount. For real, the texture resolution on it is really bad. There are rough and blocky edges all over it that look like a 4 year old drew is. Worst of all is the clutter on the back. You have a high res coffin and swords that make the rest of the mount's low textures super obvious. The skull pile is literally as bad as Vanilla wow graphics. It's a lumpy shape with a skull pattern stretched over it. I don't know why I am explaining it to you, you can see it yourself but how did this make it live?Yavwren20 1d
1d About unholy pvp Hey, as im new to DK pvp, i ve decided to try UH spec. But it is bit unfamiliar to me. Mostly gonna do battlegrounds as my freetime is limited. I did consider frost but heard it is inferior to UH. As i thought which pvp talents to go for, i was bit confused. Some talents like necrotic strike seems to be good against healers. Then again i lost 5 sec stun. Thing im wondering is that does anyone have good all-rounder build for battlegrounds for unholy? Thanks for replies!Khindar1 1d
1d What race to play? I'm only really concerned about aesthetics in this case. Played a human for the longest time and looking for a change. For a DK I have been stuck between night elf and worgen. Can't decide on which one to chose, any recommendations?Burntwaffles5 1d
2d ElvUI - UI disappearing Whenever I target anything, my UI disappears, as if I pressed alt+Z, and nothing i do except remove the target works.. I can still cast spells which are bound to keys but i cannot see anything. Does anyone know why this is? Maybe it's an option i turned on by accident?Dundiad1 2d
2d Rune regeneration What's the idea behind allowing to regenerate only 3 runes at a time? With my build I feel very rune starving. It's better with DA build, but on some bosses you just can't rely on it. At some point I just wait 20 sec for apocalypse to run off cd to be able to do more than 2-3 casts. Nice wotlk mechanics, but would be great, if this nonsense could be removed.Uendell5 2d
3d Blood DK FeelsGoodMan So who else is loving the patch?Rackio18 3d
4d Dk low dps? I personally feel like i'm doing low dps with dk in single target applications, aoe is more then fine. right now with simc i should do about 450 k dps, and on dummy i do just that, but compared to many other classes that seems pretty low, even with my ww monk i do that, and i have about the same ilvl, and monk right now is considered to be one of the worst spec, with dh at that ilvl i was doing about 500 k. So maybe buff obliterate and frost strike a bit? Or remove downtime?Maanar60 4d
4d Unholy Hey all, (prolly been asked before unholys rising so I'm sure plenty are looking at it) If I were to take up unholy (mainly a mythic+ runner although to do some pug raids would be nice at some point) Is unholy legendary dependant? And what legendaries am I looking for? What is a decent build for unholy? One aimed at dungeons mainly, something to get me going Are the guides on icy veins updated as far as rotations are concerned? If not is there anywhere I can look it up? Is the tier 20 set any good for unholy? As a shaman I feel rather neglected where flavour is concerned in mine? Is the unholy one looking any hotter? What race looks best as a unholy DK? Also any pointers to a good transmog for unholy DK?Illanox3 4d
4d Is unholy the way to go for ToS? So made a DK, enjoying it so far, playing frost, but seems as though unholy is better right now in ToS overall so I've set loot spec to unholy for legendaries,Lockvd8 4d
4d Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 10 Last thread reached it's limitMaanvaiva90 4d
4d Dk 3v3 arena pvp Maby its only me but i feel prety weak as a dk in 3v3 i do know we are strong in 2v2 but in 3v3 we always good if our partner is op From start of legion i heared about Balancing for 3v3 and dk is pretty bad atm we need a fix i dont ask for op buffs no i ask for skill changes so ppl can feel if the dk is good And to feel usefull After 2200 dk is not a good choice for 3v3Downbreak6 4d
4d Legendaries question Hi eveyrone, Just got the new leg ring today, and i was wondering if anyone had tried and compared it with the leg wrists. My other leg is shoulders, no i'm not replacing them :) Thanks a lot !Baguettson4 4d
5d CoF for unholy I can't find an updated post on it and I read that it has been nerfed for some classes. Is CoF still worth it for unh dks or should I equip my mastery stat stick? I currently have 2 mastery stat sticks, 880 ilvl or CoF 885. I go to 84% mastery with the 2 mastery trinkets, otherwise 78% with CoF. Which one should I equip? I think it's still strong, considering the recent buff to Dark Arbiter, but I want to be sure. ThanksDeathmetal3 5d
5d So is Soul of the Deathlord good or not? Hi there. I got the Soul Ring yesterday and my fellow Dks said it was quite a good one, but AMR for instance rankes the ring as being the worst of all available rings... and says "keep what u have". Icy veins also suggests the ring to be quite good, but I am now solidly confused... you can see the only 2 other Legendaries in my Profile page... got some boots and waists to swap out one for the ring but am uncertain which ... I rather like faster run speed and still seem to be last anywhere anyway ;)Merija8 5d
6d Some classes guys im having super difficulty against Ench shammans. they just burst me down in 2 secs. against shammy/heal i can survive and try to destroy cs totem etc or windfury. still they just kill me so fast that my heal cant heal me enough. against shammy / dps we cant even stand a chance. i get killed before i even try to destroy totems.. i have never played ench shammy and dont know how to counter 2 spells 1. lightening constantly hitting 2. wind hitting please help me understand what are those spells and how do i counter them? p.s i tried cc/ kiting etc. but no use. also i play on my dk so im slow as snailRoshnii3 6d
6d Which Healer...? ...makes you feel reassured when doing dungeons? I started tanking with an alt, and while leveling I noticed different healer classes to have different healing capabilities. Of course its a huge generalization (depending on items and the player themselves) and not accurate for 110 lvl dungeons, but I was reassured each time I was in a team with a Monk or Priest Healer...and a bit worried when i had a Druid as a healer (yes I know they rock at high lvl and out perform Priests according to many). Which healer makes you think... "he's got my back !"Healthregen8 6d
21 Jun I never got my artifact abillity Yo. I just leveled up to 100 on my dk (frost) and once i got my artifact weapon i never got the artifact ability. I cannot find it in my spellbook and i have unequipped and equipped the weapon and it is still gone. On my main (monk) i got the ability as soon as i equipped the weapon. Pls help!Pizzaärgott5 21 Jun
20 Jun Which spec pumps out the best dps? I've been Unholy for sometime but I recently got convergence of fate and I've been considering trying out Frost again. my stats ain't the best for the spec as I have a lot of mastery and when I switched to frost I had around 45% mastery and less than 20% crit and haste but when I was killing random mobs it felt more enjoyable and quicker, so I'm unsure which spec will generate the most dps, so I was wondering if I could get some opinions.Eathelin11 20 Jun
20 Jun Wraith Walk. The crappiest mobility tool ever Just give us Death's Advance back and keep that Blast Radius nerf! Ktnxbye!Arcodar5 20 Jun
19 Jun Combat Ally Recently came back to my DK in 7.2.5. Is Rotgut still consider the best damage for a combat ally?Krullux2 19 Jun
19 Jun Weapons on back I saw a thread on US DK forum about weapons on back while mounted. It's a little problem, because we can't see our swords. check how it should looks like: http://i.imgur.com/epXqqRJ.pngMisiek4 19 Jun
19 Jun Dear Death Knights, why are you still ''alive''? I know that you had your uses throughout that whole Lich King affair but don't you think that the most decent and right thing to do right now would be to jump from the tallest spire of Icecrown Citadel and rid both yourself and Azeroth of the bane that is your undead life? I am sure many of you would agree it is the right thing to do. You fought, you died, you fought some more, now it is time to rest. The recent fiasco with the red dragonflight (not to mention the raid on Light's Hope Chapel) is proof that your accursed existence is doing more harm than good. If you cannot control your homicidal urges I believe it is time for your kind to be put down as the sick and rabid dogs that you are. Sincerely, The only person who isn't afraid to call you out on your bull$hit.Petros21 19 Jun
18 Jun DK PvP 7.2.5 Hey, I feel , after patch Dk is stronger in PvP, have i right ?Elpolakoo1 18 Jun
18 Jun Necrotic Strike Buff Can't seem to character copy to the PTR so I can't test good, but in addition to the documented buff on MMO champion, Necrotic Strike also seems to work with some of our normal talents like Unholy Frenzy, Pestilent Pustules. I also read somewhere that it's affected by Bursting Sores now, although it didn't for me when I tested it. Anyone with good gear can give us absorb numbers from the PTR?Desecrator3 18 Jun
17 Jun Dark Arbiter AI I would like to thank the devs for all the buffs and such. I played Unholy trough all Mythic nighthold ( 7.1 and 7.2 ) and i really love the spec,doesn't matters if it is #1 or #13. But can i ask if Dark Arbiter AI can be fixed? It does basically nothing for the first 2 to 4 seconds,and we lose tons of damage, considering Da is the to go spec right now. Tyvm!Aboose2 17 Jun
17 Jun Pls Help with Runes Script after 7.2.5 :) Hi fellow Dks! I used to have this macro I would use whenever I logged in to move my runes in the middle of the screen and make them bigger. However, after 7.2.5 it stopped working. The script must have changed for the runes or something and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me fix it. :) This is the macro I was using: /run RuneButtonIndividual1:SetScale("2") /run RuneButtonIndividual2:SetScale("2") /run RuneButtonIndividual4:SetScale("2") /run RuneButtonIndividual5:SetScale("2") /run RuneButtonIndividual6:SetScale("2") /run RuneButtonIndividual3:SetScale("2") /run RuneButtonIndividual1:SetPoint("topleft", 265, -175) Thanks! ^^Altrûs3 17 Jun
15 Jun unholy dk 7.2.5 new build ? hi everyone , with the new buffs for unholy dk , is unholy frenzy and dark arbiter will be the new build ? if so is the stars stats are changing ? thanksRàzør2 15 Jun
15 Jun Unholy dk. Not much time left... ...to reroll into frost mage or anything else, and to delete your unholy dk character. With all 5%(haha) "buffs" we are going straight from the dead last dps to second after dead last or will just stay in place. What blizzard think we have for today: - Interesting unique gameplay with 3 resources juggling - "Slow, but deadly killing machine™" (c) - Overpowered bracers, unholy frenzy talent, dark arbiter and a bunch of another a way too OP things, which needed a nerf (which they've got) What's going on in fact: - Unpredicteble rotation, which leads EITHER to runes OR rp starving in most situations - !@#$ty pet dmg, even worse AI - Talents have weak synergy. Some of them are dead - Bad 7.2 golden trait - Lackluster spec idea. Being "unholy" with 1 desiese and pets, that don't deal any dmg - Weakest legendaries - Festering Strike is the worst and weakest ability in the world with RNG in its base - Slowest MS - SS\CS hits for no dmg even with wounds applied, so you can deal the same amount of dmg as other players only on fights like Botanist - Slowest opening sequence in the Universe Did I miss something?Uendell24 15 Jun
15 Jun Frost is playable in 3s atm? if yes what comp will be best for him guys?Befree2 15 Jun
15 Jun PTR frost nerf Frost Blast Radius (Rank 1) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 10%. 6%. Blast Radius (Rank 2) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 20%. 12%. Blast Radius (Rank 3) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 30%. 18%. Blast Radius (Rank 4) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 40%. 24%. Blast Radius (Rank 5) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 50%. 30%. Blast Radius (Rank 6) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 60%. 36%. Blast Radius (Rank 7) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 70%. 42%. Blast Radius (Rank 8) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 80%. 48%. We are getting kick to balls and I'm scared that this is not going to be the last.Azwarith21 15 Jun
14 Jun DK Blood changes for 7.2.5 Ok so i just saw the patch notes for 7.2.5 on mmo champion, and i really don't get it anymore. It really feels like each note i see gives me a different information, so hey, maybe i could even get a blue message, to give me a clear answer : Are our abilities' HEAL boosted, or is it just our damage ? if it is only our damage, it makes no sense at all, since we need heal, and since the only other suvival buff we got is full RNG (thanks a lot for that btw), i'd really like to be assured our heal is boosted. ThanksBaguettson6 14 Jun
14 Jun New pvp templates for UH? It seems like Clawing shadows hits for 15k less and Necrotic absorbs more healing?Anyone else noticed?Zlatana1 14 Jun
14 Jun Blood streamer Looking for a informative youtuber for blood. In both pve and pvp. Since i dont going to put more ap in unholy for the moment (or frost) Im spending it in blood. So in frost an unholy. I have my youtubers and pages for news and info. But not for blood. Oh and quick check. Haste 25-30 ? Or even higher ?Dikshizt3 14 Jun
14 Jun Bad luck protection?! So since the past month iv got all frost legys so i decide to change my loot spec to blood spec. I almost do all the content i did before but still havnt got any blood spec legendary the only common legendary i have that counts for both frost and blood spec is the sephus ring and the boots. Its either bad luck protection off after 2 whatever legendary or im i that unlucky? I didnt expect to get like other specs legendary fast but that much of delain made me worried Thnx for the answers in advanseNocturnas6 14 Jun
13 Jun Unholy DK is too broken in PVP I don't want to sound like a little kid, but unholy dk is currently broken beyond belief. Why? Because unlimited resource bar where you can always heal with Death Strike that hardly punishes your damage. Unholy has like 15% more stamina on top of most of its damage being ranged + several pets with 70% ranged slow. Add IBF with Corpse Shield and AMS, literal definition of a stacked defensive toolkit. Don't even want to mention their overpowered damage output. Good luck trying to do anything to a spec with that kind of toolkit.Tomtànks24 13 Jun
12 Jun Unholy VS Frost for Tomb Mythic So after some discussion with some friends of mine, we've decided to stop being scrub tier and try be slightly-better-scrub tier and try and aim for Mythic Tomb of Sargeras come the next patch. I shall be using my Death Knight who I admittedly have not played much of and thus don't know which of the two DPS specs is better off in a Mythic environment. Is there much difference in terms of optimal DPS output between the two specs or can I pick whichever I like?Rallah8 12 Jun
12 Jun The Highlord's return - Tank mage tower challenge Here's a topic to discuss our tank mage tower challenge,feel free to discuss it,share your experience and give some insight on the scenario What I know so far. Phase 1 : Inquisitor Varis -His aura reduces max health by 8% per stack,try to not get above 4 stacks -He uses Mind Rend,a hard hitting shadow spell.It shouldn't kill you as long as you make sure to not be in the red -He also uses drain life,you really want to interrupt that asap,the challenge is hard enough without having to drag it over time.Putting him as focus with a interrupt focus macro can help -His eyes are immune to physical damage,I've figured that keeping blood boils to kill them asap is a good idea He'll summon two kinds of adds -Nether adds need to be kited as they hit hard and increase your damage taken,they'll regulary stop moving and channel an aoe spell,do not stay close to them or you die.MAKE SURE THAT THEY DON'T DO THAT NEAR VELEN I've lost too many nethershard to that mistake -Infernals use a slam ability that needs to be sidestepped,it hits moderately hard,but it can and will knock you off the platform.they seem to lose health over time,and then get tiny and more vulnerable to melee hits.They slam is also weakened when in tiny form Phase 2 : Highlord Kruul Believe it or not,the inquisitor was the easy part. As soon as Varis dies,Kruul jumps in and the adds still spawn He uses a few abilities -Annihilate is the big important spell in P2,increasing all the damage Kruul deals to you by a large %,this is the enrage mechanic -Twisted reflection is basically a huge self healing spell,if he can cast it,you lost.interrupt it -Purple walls are just a minor annoyance -He often leaps at you and drops a green puddle on the floor which slows and deals high periodic damage,Kor'vas is vulnerable to this,Velen doesn't seem to be (Do not quote me) If you have any specific questions,ask me on Silverhand#2156 on Bnet :) EDIT : Using Sephuz' secret can really help if you have it,thanks to Screwball for the advice EDIT 2 : The gronntooth war horn heirloom trinket is also very stronk EDIT 3 : corrected a few errors in the text following my experience after the killLightslayers48 12 Jun
11 Jun Marrowrend animation changed? Greetings. i'm not sure when it started but recently i've noticed that the animation for Marrowrend on my character has become the same as the one for Heart Strike. I know it's not a major issure and maybe i oversaw a change in this and i'm doing all this fuss for nothing. Has anyone experienced the same bug/issue?Sylvanax3 11 Jun