Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep 2016 [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep 2016
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
23s Crit or Mastery for dps blood tank? and looking for a good dmg rotation for blood dk for simc ?Slainbyafk0 23s
1h Obliterate vs Frostscythe Hi there, trying to figure out when I should use Frostscythe instead of Obliterate, both with and without killing machine. Is it correct you use Frostscythe for 3 targets and more?Xuéke6 1h
12h Blood DK viability in PvE Hi all I want to roll my first DK, and i have chosen Blood as my spec. Obviously gettting it to 110 is my first hurdle, so here is my question: Is it gonna cause me sleepless nights to get to 110, and even after that when im gearing this char. I have never had a Tank spec char and know nothing about it. I have read and watched some stuff on the BDK, but nothing really covers the viability of PvE. Thanks allKairijo43 12h
18h Best race for BLOOD? What is yours favorite type of Blood dk race in horde ?Maveriz26 18h
1d Packed House + Gorefiend's Grasp The last (and first, I guess) time we had Packed House I was creating quite the clusters of enemy players with this lovely ability. This time around it seems to consistently underperform, like it either has a reduced radius or a target cap. Anyone feel me?Lightglass4 1d
1d Current Frost DK stats Hello fellow DK's, I was wondering if any of you could tell me whether my stats are OK? I have: 24% Crit 21% Haste 52% Mastery 8% Versatility Is my crit too low? And is 52% mastery too much? Thank youAndunath3 1d
1d Blood DK what to do with free cooldowns Hi, I have a queston about something that doesnt get explained in any guide/video/thread whatever, I searched for a long time. What is it you do while not being able to push any buttons? Runes and RP dont regenerate fast enough to make anything spammable. Is it really intended that you do nothing but autohit as a BloodDK? I cant believe that, no other class has a mechanic like that. Please, someone enlighten me, I feel like I´m missing something glaringly obvious.Uvi15 1d
1d Does FDK still suck at dps? Had to take a month away from WoW due to work... did the devs finally fix FDK or is it still near the bottom of the pack?Deffers1 1d
1d Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 10 Last thread reached it's limitMaanvaiva316 1d
1d Best race for Unholy DK PvE As the title says, which race performs best in raiding and keys as an Unholy DK? Factions don't matterMakhrag3 1d
2d Help with frost dk stats please. Hello, I change my spec to frost and I don't know if my stats are right.Gaios6 2d
2d LOW DPS ON ilv937 Hello Guys I've problem with my dps i do like 900k-1m -- my ilv 937 i use 2 legendary gears https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/wuilly so i'd like why i don't do 1.3m - 1.5m like all frost at my ilv check on https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/13#region=2&subregion=2&class=DeathKnight&spec=Frost&bracket=26 they do like 1.5mil - 1.8mil for single or multi targets ! any idea guysWuilly4 2d
2d Good blood DK tank streamer Hey. Anyone who knows a good blood dk streamer who is active on twitch or youtube that I can follow? =)Miszhy1 2d
3d RATE THE DK'S NAME ABOVE YOU 3V Old thread hit the post limit, so I'll start the third one.Cupcake439 3d
3d Stats of Blood DK: Help required Hello and thanks in advice for the attention. I recently hitted level 110 and got some gear parts for my dk. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get my first Legendary and I think its pretty cool. What I wanted to ask are roughly the % of the stats I should have on my character. I red on Icy Veins that Haste has the priority over the other stats, followed by mastery and versatility. The current situation I am experiencing is that I Have roughly 45% mastery, 12-14 Haste, 15 versatility and 20 % crit. I do not dislike crit to be high for the parry chance but I always find myself in a situation where the runes regenerate themself way too slowly leaving myself to wait to cast other spells. I Understand the rotation and the abilities of my character but I am really having a bad luck in finding haste on the gear. What do you suggest me to buy/to do ?Runeterror21 3d
6d Death Knight ghoul, squishy... intended? Recently, in PvE aswell as PvP. The UH ghoul is dying uncontrolably much. The low HP combined with the dmg it takes from pretty much all cleave/AoE, its uptime is no where near what it used to. In terms of DPS in PvE, you can't choose AWS(All will serve) unless you're ready to lose a ton of damage. I am not sure if the ghoul is supposed to be this horrible little gnasher which gets swiped away like a fly... Any thoughts from you guys? It might just be how it's supposed to be, although to me it just feels way off. I'd rather not have the pet at all if it keeps dying.Rayken16 6d
6d Recently used Deathstrike? Hello I couldn't find this anywhere else on the forums so I'll just create my own thread. Been hooked on leveling a DK lately, and I enjoy playing as frost DK throughout the legion territory. My question is as follows; when I use Deathstrike I get the buff called "Recently used Deathstrike" with no description other than the title itself. What exactly does this do? Is it because my next Deathstrike will have no/less effect or is it something else?Energyd7 6d
6d Run speed increase? I've been playing wow on and since vanilla and the dk was released I was in love with it. Anyways I've noticed how slow we run compared to other classes it's annoying doing dungeons and raids when everybody just blitzes past you while we are stuck waiting for wraith walk or is just my character that's slow or summer?Septiis4 6d
14 Oct Pushing content with current gear Hey guys So I've been out of the country and I've missed 2 reset days worth of potential gear which is a little annoying (back on the 17th). I was just wondering with my current gear how far do you think I could realistically push myself? I believe the highest M+ I've completed was a +14 and honestly it didn't seem too bad. (I did it with my mate who's a good healer, same ilvl as me) I'm a bit bummed out cause I've only gotten the AMS legendary so far after about id say a month or so at 110. I think my stats are decent but I could do with less Mastery and more crit/versatility. Is it only really an issue of getting the right legendarys at this point and some more optimal gear? Also on a side note how effective has Purgatory been for you? Honestly the times its popped for me have usually been when I'm the last one or two people alive in the group and I'll end up dying anyway. I found bonestorm a lot more fun and effective. ThanksStankfist4 14 Oct
13 Oct [Suggestion] Warcraft 2 Death Coil Glyph The thread title is more or less self-explanatory, but... I'd love it if Blizzard made a glyph that gave Death Coil the same graphic and sounds as Warcraft 2's version of the spell. That is, the thin ghostly green skeletal hand, the electric sound and the swirly poof on impact. No weird and obnoxious particle trails, please, just a straight line... well, some of the updated spell trails from last patch were okay, so if they can behave in that aspect, add some non-overdone wispy particles or something. It's a bit fast, but here you can see it in action: https://youtu.be/Z191ACJ0gVM?t=128 Gimme gimme! :(Guadañero0 13 Oct
13 Oct DK dull in M+?? I wanne do Mythic+ and a bit of casual raiding. I like the flavor of a DK but is a DK dull as DPS in M+? Icy veins says for frost DK: Nothing unique that it can bring to help the raid (isnt this the same for Unholy?) My next question would be, for M+ and casual raiding (as dps) which class do you recommend? (also considered the ease of finding a group..) - DK - Shaman - Mage - RogueAeronamic5 13 Oct
13 Oct Death Knight - Nothing about Death I have leveled a DK to 110 and as I play the class I feel more and more like it has actually nothing to do with death. Frost DK pretty much is a melee frost mage. Only ability death related is summoning the sindragosa (actually weapon does that) Unholy feels more like combat rogue with frenzy build, fast and little dmg, summoning few undead is cool (on god damn long cooldown) but not enough to be a DK. Game style is totaly old combat rogue 2Handed version. Blood are pretty much The San'layn, plate vampires. And why did I come up with this thread you may ask? I know its not likely that we will get a necromancer class anytime in the near future. And many claims DKs are already plate necromancers. If so I want them actually be more necromancer than combat rogues or frost mages or vampires..Körkral3 13 Oct
13 Oct Unholy PvP & RBG's Hello. My question is simple. The top of RBG bracket seems to be dominated by DoT classes, Rogues, DH's and Hunters. However, Unholy DK (that 'used to' at least be a DoT class in the past) drags at the very bottom. So, why is Unholy DK so very underplayed in Rated Battleground setting?Inran4 13 Oct
12 Oct Unholy dk opener rotation so how is the opener for Unholy with Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads and 4 set t20 bonus ? i've been testing with outbreak>x2 festering wound (till 6 wounds ) apocalyps > dark arbiter > army of the dead > dark transformation > spam death coil to feed arbiter . or should i open with army of the dead 5 seconds before pull before getting lego ? your constructive comments are always welcome , thanksRàzør6 12 Oct
11 Oct Chains of Ice stealth nerfed to 49%? https://i.imgur.com/N6WiQkg.png Can someone confirm?Плэгью14 11 Oct
11 Oct Blood DK legendary m+ Hello guys, I play Blood DK as main, but im wondering about the best legendary for Mythic+. What is the best legendary to use for "high" (atlast +12) mythic +? Is it shoulder and wrist, or what is the best combination? Thanks for the answer :)Qarrox6 11 Oct
10 Oct Blood dk pvp? Arena and rbg. Hey i just came back to legion 1 month ago, after a pause of 6-7 years, played from vanilla to wotlk . Pvp was always my thing, so I am now in a Dilema. I just leveled a dk and played it as blood 80% of time while leveling it. Between random dungeons and quests i did rbg and arena, and i have to say i had so much fun as blood in pvp. I know that in 3s,blood doesn't perform that good, but in 2 i had a lot of fun, did 1v2 80%of the time and won almost all encounters. But all this happened while leveling (atm i'm 109,and in 1day gonna be 110). I remember doing uh arenas in wotlk using a simple strategy, played with a hpala, we would force cds on a target and then hard switch to the other and finish it. Getting to 2k was a walk in the parc, does unholy works the same? Can blood do that with a dps instead of a healer? I saw that uh is similar to the wotlk one,with less self healing(want lichborn), put dots, scourge strike, necrotic strike was not in wotlk but remember it in cata being a thing. But the main question is, how is blood in pvp,more specificaly arenas. I know the spec is hated but i had fun with it, blame me, blood is my guilty pleasure. So should i play uh in arenas and blood in rbg and wpvp? Bare in mind that I dont have the time to play and gear two specs, and i dont wanna play frost because it uses only 3 buttons (sorry for the frost fans but i dont like it). Thanks in advance!Bruslie5 10 Oct
10 Oct 2s advice Hi all, Im after some advice for 2s im a very casual arena player with a friend who is a resto druid. Previous seasons our best effort has been 1750, playing casual. Anyhow we have decided to have a serious push in 2s and try and get 2k rating. Ive picked my dk to try and achieve this. Im after some general advice for 2s frost vs UH what talents to pick. I thinking UH is best as the utility vs frost seems better. Any input would be appreciated.Grimty1 10 Oct
09 Oct dk still need a buff... me frost dk almost best geared in our guild we do raid and im 9th on our dps list... our mage is almost doing half a milion more dps then i am even tho hes gear is clearly worse...then alot of people what..? 7.3 27% damage buff frost dk when?? like !@#$ing hell i need that %^-* right now cause im so pissed off being this low dps compard to everyone else like what the !@#$Zeneder9 09 Oct
08 Oct Wraith walk Hi guys, I tried to post this before but it didn't get posted...:/ As we have such poor mobility and it really shows on certain terrain, such as in Arathi Basin where some can slow fall, take reduced damage and/or heal falling damage after the fact. We're stuck taking the slow path as per usual. It seems that Wraith Walk phasing us into the Shadowlands would be enough to mitigate fall damage as well as increase speed. It's a 45 second CD on-use ability that could help us in this situation. Just a thought. AeroAeronwen18 08 Oct
08 Oct Solo shared suffering on high keys Hello there, the question is in the title, I've heard that some BDks have no problem to solo it on high keys (17+) but I dont know how to magane my cooldowns and I panick so I use them all on the first one and then I die. I'm using a stamina trinket, rune tap and purgatory. Also, we'll soon kill Mistress sasszine so I have the same question for maiden's hammers =D Thanks a lot and suffer well!Ackheron7 08 Oct
08 Oct low haste blood dk Hello, Been working on getting this blood dk geared up but im really strugling to get some decent amount of haste on my gear (not counting 2 gems and enchant i could add) Just about every item that does "rolls" haste on it, it the lower of the 2 stats and most of the times it combined with a butload of mastery. Is it worth downgrading 15-20 ilvl on an item just to get my haste up? sitting only on 12% (could be about 13% with gems and enchant but that still be low) and a whooping 55% mastery. Whould like to pick up mythic+ and raiding but this low haste i dont think it will work out well.Gilletta8 08 Oct
07 Oct Frost build Hi all Im gonna start with a Frost DK as an alt, and maybe main it later. I hear most people goes for the "Breath of Sindragosa" build. Is this the only build worth doing if you want to put out decent DPS, or is there others that can match it or come close? TIAKairijo6 07 Oct
06 Oct Help a dk out Hey guys, I just got the faulty countermeassure 910 trinket. I also have an Umbral Moonglaives 885. Which one should I choose as an unholy dk?Dontblamemex2 06 Oct
06 Oct Unholy pvp keybinds? Hi I am currently doing my keybinds for my unholy dk I don't have any clickable buttons on my mouse. I was just wandering if anybody could give me any suggestions on how to go about keybinding for my DKDrebster3 06 Oct
05 Oct improving as unholy greeting unholy army i'm looking for someone who understand logs in detail to look up my dps and if i'm doing something wrong then what is it ( first time posting logs ) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Xm4VtdDygbf8JB1M#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=16 and another question as unholy i always struggle with keeping 1m+ dps at sisters of the moon hc , i really hate that fightRàzør0 05 Oct
05 Oct [Unholy] Chasing legendaries. I recently leveled up my DK – currently UH - and got my first legendary, the belt (sigh). Now I'm chasing my second, hope I'll get a decent one. So in my understanding is that: - BiS setup: Cold Heart (chest) / Tak'theritrix (shoulder) - On-par alternative: Soul of the Deathlord (ring) - Situational: Death March (helm) - I saw a few high parses with Deathlord / Prydaz is this a thing? Let’s assume that I won’t get any of these as my second UH leggo. Is it pofitable to change loot spec to Frost/Blood since Cold Heart can drop for Frost and Deathlord can drop for Frost and Blood? Or just keep rolling with UH and hope for the best? If I get a bad cross spec legendary as my second tho (which has a fairly high chance), my BPL is kinda messed up, but I’ll still get my second legendaries faster as Blood and Frost than my third as UH. But on top of this, if I get another bad cross-spec legendary, I've missed a chance for the BiS UH specific shoulder (and the helm, which is cool for M+). Obviously I’m hoping for the best, but I might have been too lucky with my rogue tbh (assa boots were my first legendary in the game and shoulders the 3rd, lulz), karma will get me I guess :( Thanks!Icanteven3 05 Oct
05 Oct DK's survivability is gone? Just wandering how people feel about the lack of survivability we have now? :), i agree death siphon was abit too much but does any1 else think we should have at least DS cost runes again?Bryan25 05 Oct
03 Oct Vos impressions du T21 pour le prochain pâlier Alors comme le titre le mentionne , j'aimerais savoir s'il y a des gens ici qui ont test le T21 sur le PTR . Si oui , quelles sont vos impressions ? Je sais que le 2P du Frost sera fort mais qu'en adviendra-t-il du bonus 4P . Merci ;)Finaljowël0 03 Oct
03 Oct Coolest dk name Darkkiller Shadowkiller Frostslayer Darkwarrior more names nowPlaceedo241 03 Oct
03 Oct Thorns in pvp Is it normal that howling blast proccs thorns ?Jengul0 03 Oct
02 Oct Seal of Necrofantasia Hello. I tried searching info about this elsewhere but didn't find any. I recently leveled frost as new alt and got this as my first legendary. Now I read that this isn't as useful as it used to be before 7.3, but what are my talent options now to maximize dps in M+ with it? Is HRW worth taking over the other 100 talents? I really don't raid at all but feel free to share some points about it too if someone else is in the same situation. http://www.wowhead.com/item=137223/seal-of-necrofantasiaTeboil1 02 Oct
01 Oct Infernal Contract Trinket Blood DK I just got a 920 Infernal Contract trinket, is it good for blood? http://www.wowhead.com/item=140807/infernal-contract&bonus=3515:1477Rhat1 01 Oct
01 Oct Respec runeforging Hi mates. I`ve gone from frost to unholy but the runeforge ability is stuck on the frost one.. Blood and unholy is under unlearned. Can anyone help please? Erik.Bitemydust4 01 Oct
30 Sep Wandering plague and unholy mutation When are they going to increase the damage scaling of these 2 pvp talents? Both of them are cool talents, whom I would like to use, just too bad they're so INSANELY UNDERTUNED! Just wth is going on With them staying in that state for over a year now?Allout1 30 Sep
30 Sep RIP FROST DK well yeah its officially happened frost dk is dead all i see is unholy dks now... checked the logs and we are at the bottom so good job blizzard to make unholy look good you had to nerf frost dk to the ground so hows that even balanced... in two weeks once everyone gets the tier piece i dont see us improving any better we will probably not be bot but may get a little bit up but then unholy with their set piece are just gonna rek the meters so yeah if class balancing was what blizz intended to do then they have successfully failed at it gg....Rutvikb42 30 Sep
29 Sep Frost or Unholy? Heya, which one do you think is more fun? Frost or Unholy? Thanks in advance!Jenzon23 29 Sep