Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep 2016 [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep 2016
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
49m Nerf DK mobility. I mean come on. Everyone is always complaining that DK's lack mobility, but i beg to differ. It feels like wherever i go, a DK suddenly appears out of nowhere, even when i try to get away, they seem to Perma-Wraith walk, and catch up in no time. I think Wraith Walk needs a longer CD, or hopefully removed altogheter.Illidamn68 49m
1h Am I doing something wrong? What happened to frost in BFA? I feel so weak and squishy, rogues just two shot me like nothing, WTF I am wearing plate gear, even tho before frost had no mobility at all at least when you finally got to a target the burst was quite nice, now even that they took away. Ok it might be better at 120, so am I supposed to just not play for a month or what? If you have any ideas, I would gladly hear them, but now it seems like frost spec is dead. I really enjoy BGs but now I am just constantly dead waiting for respawn, thats no fun.Sawier9 1h
3h Did we lose abomination??? Ok, my apologies if I am stating obvious but... did we lose abomination??? I can't find a talent for it, I till now I have not seen anything about abomination removal. Losing that chain toss is a super major bummer.Miremaid0 3h
4h What the heck What in the hell are blizzard thinking I havn't felt this weak or sluggish since 7.0. We have literally gone full circle our mobility has improved thanks to deaths advance but forcing us back to the bos build just sux rune regen is abysmal again and obliteration is now passive blizzard never learn why have you forsaken us again blizz us Dk's had finally stabilised only for you to rip the carpet out from under us again.Dragonsworn1 4h
6h Why no 2H Frost for new expansion? I thought maybe 1h frost was exception for artifact and then we'll go back to 2 hander. Why is it still 1 hander for new expac? Lots of people want 2 hander back so demand is high, if you want to play one hander then go Rogue. I miss 2 hand Frost a lot, I'm not a big fan of 1 hander animation, it looks cheap and silly. Could this be reconsidered? Maybe we can have both like before? ThanksAwi12 6h
8h Epidemic needs to proc Runic Corruption In BfA Epidemic needs to proc Runic corruption otherwise you run out of runes so quick and have lots of downtime. I rather have them nerf the spell but proc this to make unholy playstyle better.Cryes4 8h
8h Do DK.. Bring anything to the raid party in BfA? Like a raid wide buff? Like pallys get their blessings, warriors get there thing. Monks give moment speed etcChocoh16 8h
9h Rate the Death Knight transmog above you - Part 11 Given that the previous thread has reached its post limit, it's time to start a new one. Rate away!Lilithriel140 9h
9h RIP Frost Wyrm My best friend and ally in fighting legion forces decided to retire (fatally)! Cant use frost wyrm to complete any world quest and quest item turned into sellable trash worth 15g. FJesi0 9h
1d Frost DK PvP Stun -> Burst So, this is just a minor thing, that i have noticed after having PvP'ed for quite a bit on the Beta. But now Pillar of Frost is on GCD, and Frost have the ability to pick Asphyxiate, which is pretty much the only choice. But from when we use Asphyxiate till we pop our Bursts, then the stun duration is actually already over before we get to damage at all. This is what i mean; You pop your Asphyxiate, which gives a 4 sec stun, you have to wait 1.5s on GCD, you then pop your Pillar, which is another 1.5s, then you pop your empowered rune weapon, another 1.5s, and then you are ready to deal some damage, but your target will already have escaped. I know Blizzards new philosophy is that you shouldn't be able to pop everything at the same time to do major damage at a short period of time. But that is what we did, that is what Frost DK needs to do, we can't stay on targets for a long period of time, so when we finally connect, we pop everything and deal as much damage till they escape us again. You could always argue to just pre-pop your offensives, and then do the stun, but it's still time on your offensives you miss out on. I don't know, some thoughts? (This is mostly focused on PvP, i don't know how big this problem is in PvE, or if it's even a problem at all)Worlvius3 1d
1d BFA PVP: DK mobility Hello everybody, I'm looking forward to deaths advance. Never being slowed below 70% movespeed is nice. however, Wraith Walk will be a talent that competes with major survivability talents in the '75 row. thus you will probably not use wraith walk in pvp. this is understandable, deaths advance + wraith walk together would be too op i think. However, the dk has no way to break roots anymore. for arena this is not a problem as you get dispelled from heal + the 70% movespeed passive. only for bg's, duels and open world pvp I have my thoughts. the thing is dk's have only 1 gap closer, death grip, which has 25 sec cd. If you consider the high mobility of some classes, it will be very bad having to endure full roots. I would wish that deaths advance on activation breaks roots, so only once, not over the 8 sec active time. what do you all mean?Cîb8 1d
2d Blizzard doesn't understand : " BALANCED " I'm pretty sure the people that "balance" DK values don't understand the concept of "balanced". So ... Frost deals ~50% more DPS than Unholy ..... and in the latest build ... Frost got a buff and Unholy a nerf... For crying out loud .... Frost's plague deals more damage than Unholy's ... and Unholy is the one that has words like "decay" and "plague" in it's description. Frost fever is even easier to upkeep ... becasue it's applied by Rime in the rotation. I might not understand the meaning of the word "balance" .... cause in my head ... balance is linked to the concept of a scale ..... if you put equal mass in both sides ... the scale it's balanced ... however ... If you put more on the side that has more and take some from the side that has less .... the scale doesn't balance .... does it?! So ... DPS death knights are .... FROST ... right?! If Deamon Hunters can live with only two specs .... why does DK need three?! Make only one DPS spec ... that uses all the abilities and that's it ... done ... Even Youtube is full of Frost DK one-shot videos ..... and Unholy is the one that's getting nerfed?!Nelkora4 2d
2d Unholy - No Pet Don't know about you guys, but I would love to see Unholy without the permanent pet, I just don't think it goes well with the fantasy. Army of the Dead and Apocalypse are seriously cool though. We are Knights of Death and Plague, we don't want companionship! We summon armies of disposable minions to temporarily do our bidding. What do you think?Falru17 2d
3d Frost Dk 7.3 Weak Aura A simple and complete frost dk weak auraAcliane3 3d
5d frost dk hidden artifact? is it true that the hidden artifact frost wep, can be looted in icc?Vironika13 5d
09 Jul MT possible with rubbish legos? I have the ring you get from the quest and some random wrist that does something for Heart Strike. Compared to the good ones like the chest, they are completely rubbish ilv is 927 so should be ok right? I am bad thoughIamtheliquor5 09 Jul
08 Jul Boring Frost is so boring these days... It used to be my favorite class but it's not that fun anymore.Sål16 08 Jul
07 Jul 2H FROST DK Hello everyone. So i wanna talk about the state of frost dk's in the following expansion. I wanna know how many of my fellow dk's want to see 2h frost returned as a viable spec all you have to do blizzard is return the passive spell , dont remeber what its called but the effect was +35% bonus dmg on obliterate if we are using 2h , and for 1h obliterate and frost strike use both weapons for dealing dmg. I might be going off topic abit with the following sentence but i think that we want diversity in specs and not just us dk's , furry warriors want to use dual wield 1 handed weapons for example and i think that there is no need to simply kill of a subspec now when we are done with artifacts. I understand that the reason we lost 2h weapons on frost was cause of artifacts and we had frost for dual wield and uh for 2h but i think that im speaking on behalf of alot of players when i say we want to see the return of subspec such as 2h fdk's or 1h furry warriors etc etc... I have been playing this game for a long time , since near end of vanila and tbh i saw alot of changes to this games that i dont like and atm i feel like we are verry limited in how we can play our specs , even if we do get a viable 2h frost spec and other subspec that people want it might be a small change but its a change that i am looking forward to so we can have a better game with more option. Im not gonna go into diffrent aspects of the game that i dont like because this isnt the thread or the section for it and also who know how low/high number of people share my opinion but my strong opinion is that subspecs are good for the game and if you want to improve your game that this is 1 of your options. Ty dear blizzard staff and wow community Your whiny dk gebor. !Gebor38 07 Jul
06 Jul Frost DK mobility! I really cant decide what class/spec to main in BFA. Im a casual player with not a lot of time to play, so i want to get to 120 and get flying/rep and stuff on one character first before i even have the time to start on an alt. So im still not sure if im going to play a SV/MM hunter or a Frost DK (not blood or unholy). I really like the DK class fantasy/looks and frosts bursting playstyle at the moment in the beta, but i always hated the mobility. it has NO mobility, and i really hate seeing that even wraith walk (which isnt so great) isnt an basic ability anymore. It sucks seeing everyone run past you everywhere, i just hate being slow. I saw a post earlier which said they recently changed some mobility things but i cant find it anymore. Does anyone know what these changes are? Or if they are planning to make some (small) changes? I know they want frost to be a slow moving but heavy damage dealing class (which doesnt make sense imo because every class should do the same amount of dmg with 100% uptime) but no mobility at all is just annoying in my opinion. Would like to hear other opinions about this so it helps me decide what to main in bfa :)Eversóng6 06 Jul
06 Jul Is it possible to pvp as blood without AOE? I was handing in a quest in Val'shara. Super casual like, when a Druid started attacking me. I didn't even notice at first because I was daydreaming Anyway I instinctively BB and use my artifact and all of a sudden I'm fighting 3 elites and a Druid. After I killed the elites I just kept aggro'ing multiple elites so just had to let the Druid kill me which was bogusIamtheliquor2 06 Jul
05 Jul Mage tower advice :) Hi guys, before anyone says it i know there are a load of guides and what not but i am on a very tight timeline atm so if you can please help here. im UH and trying to complete the mage tower challenge before BFA for obvious reasons. as you can see from my armour my gear is 890ILVL. What do i need to do to complete this ? Ive given it a few attempts but only really got her to 54% ish ? not sure whethers its my rotation or priority ill be hones im new back to the game so my rotation probably isnt optimal neither are my talents for this challenge so any advice would be great. thank you in advance ![u][/u]Acron7 05 Jul
05 Jul Coaching Hello community. Im looking for a coach, someone who's willing to help me become THE VERY BEST. (PvE wise) 99% of the time I play with death knight. and Im DPS only player But after failing my mage tower blood challange for 214214243532th time, I realized I need coaching. Took me 2 tried to do Unholy, and 10ish to do frost (this was my first one) so if anyone's willing to help me improve in general as a player add me on b.net OxygenThief#21727Bukachu21 05 Jul
04 Jul Blood DK's gonna be able to solo everything in BfA? One of my favorite things to do when levelling as blood is just run into 8+ mobs and AOE them down But with Blooddrinker getting nerfed into the ground and losing the artifact ability, would any of that change? I'm still a super new player, so apologies if this is a dumb question. Just like not dying when questingBolotar8 04 Jul
01 Jul When will the Soultakers reappear? I've been wondering when the soultakers will reappear.Phãsmá19 01 Jul
30 Jun Reap magic bfa delete? the new spell (reap magic) has been deleted?Maryja12 30 Jun
30 Jun What is it with the Unholy dps? Hey... so i recently made a DK (I have expierence to play it from the past) and leveled it up and geared it up a little bit, and i decided to do some dungeons to see what am i going to do. Well i was so suprised. I was getting out damaged by everyone else, i was on 3rd or 4th place almost every time and sometimes on 2nd. Anyone know what is the problem? I have saw that Unholy DK have a good dps but in my sitation i am one of the people with the lowest dps... And i don't know what to do. When i am questing i am killing way much faster the enemies than my warrior (55 level fury) but its just when im doing low level dungeons, people around 20 level are out damaging me like crazyy. What should i do in this situation? Thanks :) Edit: here is the character - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/fitmamaproFitmamapro5 30 Jun
29 Jun Dks in bfa Are we getting back any of the iconic "death knight abilities"? Atm playing frost or blood feels like a blue or red warrior. No raise ghoul, no army of the dead, death coil etc.Mograk3 29 Jun
29 Jun Blood DK mage tower Hello, I want insight for completing the mage tower successfully as blood dk. I have seen many utube videos on it but still I can't seem to control all aspects of the encounter with ease. I expected it ro be easier with my ilvl but it isn't. The thing that causes 80% of my deaths is the knockback from the infernals. Any hints? I have glider with me but its 3 min cd allows only once. Is there something that I might be missing?Deadmaw14 29 Jun
26 Jun Which DK spec should you choose as a new player? My first post. How exciting! Hi everyone, I decided to make this post to help out new players figure out which Death Knight spec to choose as of right now. I'm the sort of person who loves visiting this forum to learn about WoW classes and specs, but unfortunitaly there is a lot of biased information when it comes to looking up which DK spec is best for you. So I figured I would post my opinion :) I know this is a long post, but... If you are really interested in playing as a DK or simply changing spec, I think I can help shed some light on how each specs performs. Just know that I am not going to go full on competition minded by throwing PvP stats and numbers at you. This is a simple startup guide for similar minded people like me who are interested in playing a class and spec that doesn't underperform in PvP or PvE. So first things first in case anyone didn't do their homework. As a DK we have 3 specs which are Frost, Unholy, and Blood. Frost and Unholy are DPS specs, and Blood is a tank spec. Each of these specs play VERY differently and require different playstyles. Now to the interesting part. Which specs are completely useless at the moment...? I have played a lot using ALL 3 DK specs, as well as looked up popular opinions by others regarding each spec. And when it comes to the 3 available specs you will notice that not all forums/topics will agree on which is superior or the better choice. Let's get the obvious out of the way. Of course we can't really compare tank with DPS specs when it comes to raw damage, so let's focus on the Blood spec really quick so we can get to Frost and Unholy as soon as possible. BLOOD Blood DKs are apparently king at the moment as tanks. I have not played other tanks besides Prot Pally and Bear Druid, but popular opinion online is that Blood DKs are the best tankers. Do you know what is fun? Challenging players to a dual as a tank, and then be told "Nah ah... I'm not gonne dual against a Blood DK...". Blood DKs are the greatest for survivability and will serve you well in PvP and PvE. You will rarely die. The rotation for Blood is somewhere in between Frost and Unholy in difficulty. And if you utilize its spells properly you will never go bellow 70% health (unless you attack something unreasonable stronger than you of course). Blood has a lot of self healing spells and deal out a good amount of damage. So what about our two DPS specs Frost and Unholy? What you will notice is that people tend to be "VERY" one sided when it comes to the 2 DPS specs. This isn't new knowledge since people in the WoW community usually likes to favoritize a specific spec they love and have used for many years. But I am here to give you my un-biased overview based on my own experience and online research ;) So to take each spec one at a time: FROST Frost is the "easy" spec most people start out with. It has a simple rotation and can be quite forgiving if you don't use its spells correctly. Frost deals out balanced and even amount of damage over time, and is a very good competitive spec for PvP, as well as providing good AoE damage in PvE. Frost self heal heavily relies on "Icebound Fortitude" when using "Death Strike", otherwise healing is slow and wastes too much resources. UNHOLY Unholy is a "power canon" that has a lot of powerful spells which is mainly focused around one target. Unholy packs a mean punch against one target! But if you don't use its spell rotation efficiently, you will have a bad time since cooldowns are looong on a lot of its spells. Even though Unholy does have AoE spells they underperform a bit compared to Frost. Unholy self heal is steady and using "Death Strike" to gain health seems much better here. So which one is better? It all boils down to playstyle. Each spec has VERY similar damage output potential, but if you go online you will notice that most people say that Frost is the better DPS spec. This is mostly because Frost is the easier one to learn, hense popular opinion won't like playing as Unholy. If you are used to play as Frost and you then suddenly play as Unholy for the first time. You are going to die... a lot... Because their playstyles are VERY different. So DON'T choose between Frost and Unholy because you heard one is better than the other. Play the one that suits your playstyle. For most people that will be Frost, but if you are up for a challenge then Unholy is just as good. Just remember that both spells AND how you move and attack is different for both specs. If you play indentically with both specs, then one of them is always going to s**k for you. Look up YouTube guides for playstyle tips :) FUN FACTOR Yes I will include this as well ;) Most people REALLY likes how Unholy plays and looks. And this is going to be the only biased chapter of this post ;P Why is Unholy more fun you might ask? I'll tell you! - Unholy has a 2 handed sword (there are SO few cool looking 1 handed swords) - Unholy can summon dead beings (minion! yes!) - Unholy better fits the "death" knight theme (atleast I think so) - Unholy spell rotation isn't as repetitive as Frost (Frost is too simple for me) And arguments for Frost: - They sorta look like Arthas - It is easier to learn Hope my guide helps anyone :)Gomlok5 26 Jun
24 Jun Is All Will Serve bugged? I tried speccing this in arenas, and when the pet dies, which it does ALOT, I can't resummon even tho I have talented All Will Serve which clearly says it's cooldown is removed. There's no cooldown on the icon, but it's greyed out almost, like if you don't have mana for a spell. Then after maybe 20-30 seconds, it's available. Am I doing something wrong? Unholy is unplayable in arenas to me due to this.Warpzone2 24 Jun
23 Jun Just a question after a long absence or maybe a couple of questions I've been away from here for pretty much 7-8 years and when I left lvl 80 was it, I decided to have a look around and see what was up, and a lot has changed - try an imagine 8 years lol at the time I had it all worked out but all that stuff that worked before no longer applies, I had macros for rotations and had it all finely tuned and very effective I spawned exactly where I left off all that time ago but all my buttons and macros were lost...…….all the upgrades etc lol I am a DK and enjoyed switching between the various options I had but I have to admit I am learning again because I seriously have no clue right now I used to be able to solo Fel rever in hellfire but now I can't....what happened there lol, has something changed ? I used to to raids etc and was right on it but now I'm not so sure ………. it's like starting over but I was right on top 8 years ago anyway still feeling my way and learning again Can I ask - what happened to fel reaver in hellfire - is it me or did that big mechanical monstrocity get a buff or several buffs lol I ask this question because it was a goal years ago to solo and was a way of proving that my spec was working and just general testing but now it seems it is not lol yes I know everything is very different now as I have discoveredCragdredd2 23 Jun
21 Jun Belf male vs Male orc Hey , leveled my new dk to 109 as frost Decided im gonna race change asap because female belf was a big mistake I also got the second artifact today so im gonna try unholy spec aswell After some of the animations and mogs out there im not sure which race to pick Male belf - looks really cool if i play frost only because i really like the dual wield animations and stance but for 2Hand they look bad Male Orc - they just looks great no matter the spec but i think when it comes to Frost , the Male Belf is better What do you think? ThanksSyanná24 21 Jun
21 Jun Is Unholy really that weak? I am freshly dinged DK, ilvl 896/897 on both Frost and UH, but the difference between these two specs is just too obvious: It seems that Frost is just better in all aspect of the game: i can do 880k dps as Frost, only 560 as UH with almost the same ilvl gear. Survivabilits is superior as Frost, thanks to autoattack bubble and "LoH" every 3 minutes, Frost is also better in PvP and much easier to play. Also you need to carry the weakest pet in the game as Unholy: melees would just 2 or 3 shot it, you can't heal it and you can only resummon it every minute. So i have been asking myself what is the purpose of UH: it has more buttons then Frost, lower dmg (at least that's the case with my ilvl) more complex rotation, pet managing (i hate AI of my pet) and lower survivability. I mean how can the difference between Frost and uh dps be more than 300k on training dummy? (880k vs 560k) I wouldn't mind if UH dps is lower for 5 - 7%, but 35% is just unacceptable. Why is Blizzard giving everything to such a simple spec as Frost? Is there any aspect of the game where UH outshines Frost? Sorry for English ...Aridu15 21 Jun
19 Jun BFA - How are Blood and Frost First I hope I'm right here, if not, sorry! Looking for recent opinions, now that actual changes for frost and blood are in place. Especially for blood, I realy loved Blood in Legion and played the crap out of it. As second spec I enjoyed Frost. How is our tanking? Are we like early Legion or comparable to now? How is our damage as Frost, are we lagging behind other DPS by a significant amount? So how are we performing right now compared to other classes? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!Calethiel4 19 Jun
17 Jun Words cannot describe... This... #showtooltip Obliterate /cast Pillar of Frost /cast Obliterate https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/talent-calculator#death-knight/frost/talents=3213221 Just take a second to think about it.Athrosh9 17 Jun
14 Jun The Frost DK changes are finally here! there has been changes to the frost DK class! death pact has returned!!! asphyxiate has returned!!! Sindragosa's Fury Artifact ability will become a talent!!! and apperently much more is coming!!! my faith in blizzard has been restored. now.. if they just add 2H back for frost DK the class will be completeTupacisbest46 14 Jun
13 Jun [frost] keep capping on runes/rp Hey guys, I'm still kinda new to frost dk and I just can't get rid of my runes quick enough to have 3 of them recharging all the time. I've got the legendary ring that gives a 2nd charge of empower rune weapon but it takes a damn while of non-stop cb until I even use the first charge. On top of that I use the waist for 10% more obliterate damage and a 15% chance to refund 1 rune. Do note, I'm mostly doing dungeons and not raiding that much. It gets even worse when I pop Obliteration, then I have 4-5 runes all the time and because Rime just keeps popping I'm rp capped aswell. Is this just how frost is right now, or is there something I can improve on?Spraggle4 13 Jun
13 Jun Castigator?! Can someone explain why Blizzard took out Castigator in BfA? It was the only thing that did damage for UH. I heard one thing that Castigator needed Crit to work (which is true) and UH DK doesn't need crit for anything else. Well ... if building into crit was the problem .... why not change the skills to work with haste?! ..... So everytime Scourge Strike or Festering Strike hits .... it has a chance equal to max(crit, haste) to burst/apply more wounds?! Was that too hard?! Let's face it ... after Legion, with Castigator and The Instructor's Fourth Lesson, UH's damage drops a lot for BfA, but Blizzard doesn't seem to care as long as Warriors and Mages are in the top it's OK.Nelkora6 13 Jun
12 Jun Give Blood DK's shields? now i know this sounds weird, but hear me out. One of the initial ideas and reasons Blizzard had to make blood the tank spec was due to the class fantasy and how dks are made to have that "siphon life" idea (remember when frost was the tank spec initially in WOTLK), but the problem here is the fact that vengeance dh's have essentially stolen that from us and we share too much of the same concept. I want to state that i am ONLY REFERRING TO CLASS FANTASY AND NOT GAMEPLAY. Theres been a shift in legion to make dks more mit heavy and it made me think that maybe we should get shields. Personally i f****** love the idea of us having shields- i always wanted a class other than the generic warrior and boring pallys to have shields as a tank and i think it would suit the current shift in what blizzard is trying to do with blood DK. What are your guys opinions?Bigbuyerr8 12 Jun
10 Jun Unholy new talent NEW Ghoulish Monstrosity: Ghouls summoned by Army of the Dead leap together to form a single ghoulish monstrosity. Reduces the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 4 min. Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=284696/battle-for-azeroth-26734-class-changes-and-azerite-traits?webhook/battle-for-azeroth-26734-class-changes-and-azerite-traits So the unholy dks are able to summon power rangers now. This is great! Edit: This is a honor talent.Rotleo7 10 Jun
09 Jun Winter is coming needs to be nerfed (live) Give it a 2 minute base cool-downTenebris9 09 Jun
08 Jun Death Knights and Allied Races Hey I am curious as many other Death Knights probably are, why can non of the allied races be Death Knights? I know a lot of them are completely self explanatory if you have any knowledge in the lore. Such as Nightborne/HM Tauren races which were not any part of Arthas/Lich King and the scourge of Azeroth. But the main reason on me making this post is the situation with Dark Iron Dwarfs (DI Dwarfs) and the Mag'har Orcs (Brown Orcs), from my knowledge there was were around different parts of Eastern Kingdoms (maybe Kalimdor/Northrend?) around the time the scourge and the formation of the Lich King and the creation of Death Knights. So if is the case, it makes sense why Goblins/Worgens and Pandas cannot be Death Knights, as they were isolated races while the scourge was reigning. But since then Goblins and Worgens can now become Death Knights. (Weirdly) I am aware the training of the Monk is still going on to this day in Azeroth so all of the Allied Races can be Monks unlike the creation of new Death Knights, but I personally think that you could take DI Dwarfs and Mag'har Orcs to become Death Knights. DI Dwarfs have always been apart of the Dwarven lore fighting over the rule of Ironforge, and you can't tell me that the Lich King never got a hold of any? As for Mag'har Orcs Blizzard could make them Death Knights as Brown Orcs were around of the time of the Lich King and the scourge. The biggest example is of "Dranosh Saurfang" 4th Boss in the ICC raid, he was a brown Orc which falls to the might of Frostmourne as is raised as a Death Knight. Obviously the Mag'har Orcs Blizzard are portraying is the ones from the alternate Draenor. But I still think there should be some consideration for the Death Knight player base which makes sense within the lore. Blizzard may have plans for Death Knights and Allied Races in the future, but by looking at the ones been announced I can honestly say these are the only two races that could be Death Knights following the lore (imo)Penty24 08 Jun
07 Jun Frost DK changes? Hello, since i really want to decide wether to main my hunter or DK in bfa (i dont have time to play both), i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the chances are of blizzard making actual changes to the Frost dk spec. I really like the style of DK, but again, like almost everyone, i want to wield a 2H weapon as Frost. Thats the style i like and want to play (and no, not unholy). Ive been following the frost DK discussion for a while but havent seen a reply from Blizzard about them actually doing something about it, and the BFA release draws closer every day. Does anyone know of they are working on it and listening to us, or if its better to just forget about anything changing? Because it seems like they can not ignore it any longer.Yzey23 07 Jun
07 Jun DK Survivability BfA Wake Up Call Greetings fellow Knights of the Ebon Blade! This post is an attempt at convincing Blizzard to revisit our gameplay in regards to the weird nature of our defensive capabilities especially when it comes to PvP scenarios. I'll try to set into perspective why I think that our defensive capabilities are insufficient compared to other classes and ultimately also previous iterations of our specialisations. Also please note that my arguments are primarily from a Frost DK point of view though as you'll see some of the critique also holds true for Unholy DKs. So here's my two cents on this topic taking into consideration that Blizzard is not yet finished with BfA class design for Frost DKs. As many of you have probably noticed, the glory days of DK survivability are long gone. Gone are the days of practically switching to tank specialisation mid fight by the press of a button (namely Blood Presence) with incredible self-healing capabilities through abilities like Death Siphon that scaled with attack power and mastery while at the same time complementing our lack of mobility with a 40m range. And this fine. Every player who had spent some time playing Frost DK during Warlords of Draenor knew that there was something wrong about the ridiculous amounts of healing we could get with little to no effort and without managing any cooldowns. In regards to the overall health of the game removing things like Death Siphon is a good thing... But I'm afraid Blizzard went a bit too far in alleviating DK survivability. Especially when we look at things like the removal of presences and the changes to Death Strike it becomes quite clear that we got the short end of the stick. Let's talk about Blood Presence first: There's no doubt about the strength and utility presences gave us Death Knights. I'd even be fine with someone calling them overpowered in the context of WoD class design. The problem with their removal is Blizzard's justification ... It's certainly a reasonable argument in itself especially when it comes to PvE but when you take into consideration what came afterwards, the logic falls apart quite quickly. Because as a matter of fact there was no replacement in terms of game mechanics. What did we get apart from a 13% armor increase (Frozen Skin rank 4, Frost Artifact) and a 10% HP increase (Reinforced Armor, Honor Talent) that could be considered as some form of compensation? When Blizzard talks about good gameplay they say things along the line of making meaningful choices. Even if we say that things like stance-dance were clutter and negatively impacted our gameplay, it was still a choice you had to make that drastically changed your gameplay and was thereby meaningful. But the downsides of not using your off-role presence were not clutter. They were necessary. The same principle holds true when it comes to things like Divine Shield which used to have a -50% damage effect or Hand of Protection which prevented melee attacks. These trade-offs are necessary because they add another dimension to the process of decision making. Having watered down passive increases on the other hand is not a choice and it certainly does not serve to improve the overall gameplay of the spec nor does it serve to create distinction between classes. It just takes away control from the player which is a fundamental flaw in the DK design philosophy because it extends to other parts as well. Which leads me to my next point, namely Death Strike. Talking about this ability is difficult because there's simply so much wrong with it but at the same time there are quite simple solutions. The fact that it is our only somewhat reliable source of healing makes it an important topic to address. Reliability is the crux though. If we take a look at most specs they all have at least one reliable source of self heal or some other means of reacting to burst damage, be it Healing Elixirs/Transfer (WW), Flash of Light (Ret) etc. which is essential in giving you a feeling of self-containment that is very important for the health of a spec. When I play my Retribution Paladin I have a whole range of abilities to react to certain situations and that's fun gameplay. Us Death Knights on the other hand lack this sort of freedom mainly because of the fact that our only response to melee pressure is Icebound Fortitude (20% dmg reduction) combined with the good ol' Death Strike. That's the fly in the ointment. Death Strike is only as good as the circumstances allow it to be despite having good healing. The first problem is the fact that it costs 45 runic power which is the equivalent to 5 Runes or 3 global CDs. I've encountered situations in which it's incredibly hard to get these 45 runic power in time to actually heal yourself. The 400% healing increase (Ice In Your Veins, Frost Artifact) during Icebound Fortitude doesn't help if you don't have the ressources in time to actually profit from it and with the incredibly high burst damage spikes in PvP it often takes too long. Possible solutions: 1) Bring back Death Pact and remove the healing increase on IBF. Pretty straightforward ability. Easy to balance. 2) Reduce the healing increase of IBF and instead grant us one Dark Succor proc once we activate it so we're at least guaranteed one Death Strike. The main problem I have with Death Strike however, is the fact that it's incredibly prone to outside factors on which we have no influence as a player. The fact that it will not only not heal you when evaded (dodge/immune/deflect etc.) by defensive CDs or simple RNG (I'm looking at you, hunters) but also always consumes a huge chunk of runic power is simply bad game design because it places your only source of healing in the hands of RNG or basically just other players and their use of def CDs. To set this into perspective: Justicar's Vengeance (Retribution Talent) works pretty much the same way in regards to cost/healing but it doesn't use the holy power if it doesn't hit the target. It's simply not satisfying to duel someone and be robbed of your single choice of self-healing because certain specs are able to simply evade it by using their defensive CDs while bursting. Possible solutions: 1) Make Death Strike refund RP if it doesn't hit the target similar to Justicar's Vengeance. 2) Bring back Death Coil healing instead of our reliance on Death Strike. So these are my thoughts on the state of (Frost) DK survivability. Please excuse the lengthy post and feel free to post your opinions on the matter. Thank you for reading, NerovarNerovar3 07 Jun
05 Jun Making the Unholy DK feel more .... Unholy The names of Runic Corruption and Sudden Doom sound more scary than they really are. Here's some thoughts to fix that... Sudden Doom: While at least one charge of Sudden Doom is active we can cast Death Coil for free. Now Here's my thought: When using a charge of Sudden Doom, if at least 40 Runic Power is already accumulated, 40 Runic Power is consumed and another Death Coil is cast at the same time.(counting towards Val'kyr and Runic Corruption). Runic Corruption: Currently Runic Corruption is a buff that only increases rune regeneration speed for the duration. What if it could be more .... corrupting?! as so: While Runic Corruption is active the runes that are full become corrupted as long as the buff is active, giving extra effects to the skills that use them, as follows: Festering Strike: One extra festering wound is applied for each corrupted rune used; Scourge Strike/ Clawing Shadows: One extra wound is burst; Outbreak: The used rune is refunded (and becomes corrupted if Runic Corruption is still active); Death and Decay/ Defile: Has a 10% chance per hit to purge one beneficial effect from the targets. Ice Chains: The slow is increased to 99% decaying to 70% over 8 sec; Army of the Dead: One extra ghoul is summoned for each corrupted rune used; Soul Reaper: The haste buff is applied instantly; Nekrotic Strike: Also bursts the wound in addition to the heal shield; Reanimation: Increases zombie speed by 100%;Nelkora1 05 Jun
05 Jun Message to all Death Knights, beware! Your kind is disrespecting the real masters of martial arts, the brave warriors that can handle a PROPER sword and not that plague bull!@#$.Jalipeon20 05 Jun
05 Jun Great damage balance Blizz! How the hell is it normal for DC to deal only 36% (new)AP when it needs resource generated by 4 scourge strikes or 2 Festring strikes .... meaning 4 runes .... more than half of our base resource!?!!?!!? Is this for real?! All paladin or warrior skills are around or more than 100% AP and UH DK is 36% single target? WTH? 1 GCD for 36% AP damage ... yeah ... it seems it's Frost for BfA.Nelkora4 05 Jun