Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h 7.2 Blood dk souldrinker trait awesome! This one makes overhealing from DS increase your max hp up to 30% ! Having in mind DS heals for 10% of your hp it will be incredibly well synergized when used that way. Have you tested it out? How do you find it. Let's assume a Blood DK has 5 million hp. 5 million hp > foul's bulwark +20% more>>> 6 million. 30% souldrinker on top of 6 million = 7.8 million. 50% from vampiric blood on 7.8 million = almost 12 million hp. !Bornog7 1h
3h How is DK atm? Hello guys! Im in the situation where i dont know what to run as my alt.. Currently i have my shadowpriest as the class i want to put the most effort in, therefore my main i'd say. (However i also have a rogue, which i've put lots of time into, and its pretty good geared (895)), but i recently started to feel like i'd leave the rogue a bit behind for either a DK or DH.. However i have no idea what i should go for.. I have a 110dh, which i've enjoyed tanking on, but i havent played too much DPS on my DH.. Its ok, but thats about it, however frost dk seems fun, but how about blood? The class would mainly be used as DPS for raids etc, but offspec tank. Hoping to get some serious answers. I know this is based on preference, but i figured it might help if someone could come with some valid arguments, pros, cons etc. Best RegardsElystria25 3h
3h Are we FoTM? Seems like people look at warcraft logs and just hurp durp now I'm a DK, seen so many more recentlyKly8 3h
6h Helm NERF incoming !!!! So guys, just saw it on Q&A and i hope it will not be just nerf.. maybe some tuning would be more appreciate then some flat nerf to item. ...Vrek9 6h
6h Suggest for T20 2pc for unholy Our new 2p tier should be :Dark transformation increases all shadow damage you've done by %15 in the duration , so it will make SI go to talent instead IC. Since frost got %20 dmg increase output for hungerin weapon as 2pc tier why don't we as unholy ?Sargoroth7 6h
6h Unholy Trinkets I'm trying to get geared, however my trinkets are complete garbage, so I was wondering which ones I should try to get? Thanks in advance!Dundiad7 6h
6h UH: The Shambler, broken? I just did some LFR in UH spec (i dont play DPS unless i LFR and i hate it) and i noticed that the artifact trait The Shambler never triggered. And i mean never. I works fine on training dummies but not in LFR (havent tested it out in the wild). So my question is, is the trait broken and just a training dummy thing?Runedag3 6h
9h So we are being 'buffed?' (UH PVE) 'With the next weekly maintenance, we're planning a large round of PvP tuning changes, as well as a few PvE buffs for Unholy. Please see below for the full list of changes that are currently planned. As always, this may not be the final list - additional tuning may be added or removed before these changes go live.' -Virulent Plague damage over time effect has been increased by 67%. Damage unchanged in PvP. -Summon Gargoyle: Gargoyle Strike damage has been increased by 50%. Damage unchanged in PvP. -Dark Arbiter: Val'kyr Strike damage has been increased by 16%. Damage unchanged in PvP. Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753108893#1 Doubt this will be enough but its something..Vinnicus16 9h
10h 2 Man Nythendra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbugtqFm5Ok bdk lyf xdRackio2 10h
15h Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 9 Last thread has reached its limit. You know the rules.Plaguelich360 15h
1d Skullflower's Haemostasis/ Legendary discussion Hey all, I recently got my 4th legendary on this character and i was wondering what are your thoughts on the BDK Ledge - Skullflower's Haemostasis. Its a bit sad that i havent got belt-legs, but what can you do.. The other Legendaries i currently have are : Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus Acherus Drapes Aggramar's Stride Skullflower's Haemostasis Skullflower's Haemostasis , basically gives Scent of Blood back in the form of a low legendary drop... /slowclap. However it has good stats and provide a powerful DS buff and it is quite useful for progression and ST. I pretty much enjoy running with Prydaz and then switch around the items for the 2nd ledge slot depending the situation.Nekrah9 1d
1d UH DK hidden skin sad thread No hidden skin DKs unite! 500+ tries so far, still nothing feelsbadman http://imgur.com/a/V8n43 from todayNäyah8 1d
1d Which legendary So, after having been away from wow for some months I returned. First I got my legendary ring and I was pretty happy. But not counting on being a lucky !@#$er I hadn't actually invested in the upgrade to equip 2 legendarys. So now I have a 6 day wait. Being the lucky guy I am I got the belt the day after. So, now, for Breath of sindragosa spec, pve, do you roll with Seal of Necrofantasia or Koltira's newfound will?Frakale4 1d
2d Mindless "balancing". Blood DKs are STILL behind. With all the data Blizzard must have at their disposal, like how many people have Death Knights, How many Blood Dks performed in mythic kills versus other tanks, and what talents people are choosing, it just baffles me how even after 7.1.5, Blood DKs are so far behind. There is virtually no competition in talents. Tanking on my paladin is pretty cool because I am always changing talents as they are all equally as good (mostly). On Blood DK I have changed talent to Blooddrinker from Heartbreaker for one week only, because the now reasonable and not useless Blooddrinker is once again becoming useless. I missed the extra runic power when swapping out, and the difference was very very clear, I was getting a lot less Runic Power.... I traded more Death Strikes for Blooddrinker, still roughly the same power but via a different method. But Blizzard who made this class, did not realise the trade-off and so thought Blooddrinker was OP when it really clearly wasn't... It was AMAZING to have even one extra choice and to change up my rotation a little bit, but the talent will once again become sub-par and the talent "choices" for that tier will no longer become a choice. You might as well just remove Blooddrinker and Bloodworms. Blizzard, please apply a hotfix and buff us somewhere. I am not the most experienced Blood DK, but I have seen a lot on the topic. See that throughout the community, on the forums, in the game, on Reddit, on YouTube, EVERYWHERE, the position of Blood DKs remains at the bottom. Ideas: 1) Keep Death Strike healing the same but double the absorption 2) Remove the need for critical auto attack on bloodworms, when crit is so bad for Blood DKs. 3) Buff our artifact, its useless for single target, which is terrible for raids. Just have it scale for the number of targets it hits, so if the number of targets is over 6, it remains the same power it is now. 4) Half the cooldown again of Wraith Walk to bring it closer to 20 seconds baseline. Readjust the talent to work with this. (Paladins get double sprint) (Druids get sprint, leaps and blinks) (Monks get blinks, sprints)(DHs get leaps, blinks, leaps and blinks) 5) Buff boneshield damage reduction. 6) Buff Heart Strike damage. I like the spell on its own, and the synergy with Death and Decay from the talent that makes it hit more targets. Good for aggro and to buff are low DPS. Not an experienced DK, but just stuff like which just sees more raw power can bring us up to speed with the other tanks, since they aren't being nerfed are they?! Druids even got buffed which is just LUDICROUS! Off topic: Bring druids down to where paladins and monks are at, and bring Blood DKs up to where paladins and monks are at. Blooddrinker this week at least made Blood a bit better for a time. But Blizzard JUST don't get it. Listen to your community for a change, not just your colleagues!!Zeragon82 2d
2d Blood DK Stats question Hi guys, Story time: I have the following blood dk as an alt - Duskmaiden @ Twisting Nether ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Duskmaiden/simple and I pretty much geared him in a matter of days & got really lucky with legendaries - 3 dropped in 4 days of gametime @ 110. Wrist, waist & archimonde trinket -> bis ones, a freakin dream since on my main (prot pala) I have 5 of them and none prot, just the generic ones. Considering rerolling atm. So here's the question since I don't find any good bdk in top raiding guilds: TLDR: Considering I have the waist / wrist legendary combo & 4 piece set bonus, should I aim for haste or mastery? 33.4% haste & ~20+ mastery OR 20 haste & 35+ mastery ? PS: Thank you simulation craft for not supporting bdk in LegionSunsset21 2d
2d DK - whine as the meaning of life I heard somewhere, that whine on eu forums can make life better. Ok. Why blizzard hate dk? Or you think, how funny make in 7.0. unh better than frost and 7.1 make frost better than unh. Ofc very ez make respec, when you have 0 orange items on frost and 30 artifact. Oh, it's so funny, when i tried loot any legendary item on frost, and take Aggramar's Stride. This was monthly farm, with 15-19 priority m+ and myth raids. Yes, one month down the drain. My guild says, that if I dont have playable frost, i can go relax on the replacement. Well, I put up with this. But...blizzard announced T20. And that i see? Item - Death Knight T20 Unholy 2P Bonus (New) Death Coil causes one of your Army of the Dead ghouls to explode, dealing [ 150% of AP ] damage to up to 0 nearby enemies. Item - Death Knight T20 Unholy 4P Bonus (New) Each rune you spend reduces the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 3.0 seconds. Blizzard, you know, that unholy dk it's not BM hunter? No? If what I say, that my dk NOT BEAST MASTERY HUNTER. Why every update, in every content you up my Coil and nerf my legendary bracers? Maybe you delete all abilities from unholy, leave alone Death Coil and give him damage: "-20% from tanks place in skada\recount\details"? It's will be funny, how do you like. When frost was !@#$, youre up him damage +10-15% every updatepack, and when we have %^-* unholy youre...stop, you dont up unholy. I did not see dk in change logs from 7.1.5, and it's rly make me cry. I dont wanna lose half-year for farm legendary on frost. And unh dk community, if we will be silent, damage will be at the level of tanks. Please, leave your opinion, what would the topic gained momentum and blue post's guys saw her.Литлрэй7 2d
2d DK or mage As the title says DK or mage . what should i pick ?Postmörtem8 2d
2d Why is my unholy dk dying so quickly I dont know what im doing wrong,im just using my damage abilities and using the shield whenever its necessary and i keep dying to mobs in outland. Does anyone know why this is and how i cant prevent. Also i have no resurrection sickness and all my armor/weapon durability get repaired every time it goes down by 20 levels.Dinkyfeet9 2d
2d Unholy DK mind boggling state(pvp) I'll be totally frank with you: I'm not totally sure at all what's Blizzard view on unholy dks, since every time I see new changes they make little sense, so feel free to enlighten me, if any of you understands this better than I do. But every change we're getting in pvp makes me wonder: does Blizzard envision the current iteration of unholy as extremely strong? Cause... yeah, doesn't feel that way to me, even if I still love the spec. Corpse shield feels like it should be baseline and improved through a talent, considering the drawbacks it comes with when you use it. Death strike feels like a desperate attempt to stay alive, compared to all the self healing the rest dps classes gets. The survivability artifact traits are laughable at best. ...by the way, why did our self healing get complitely obliterated, while every other dps class and spec got themselves several self healing and survivability talent/skills? Why is our damage dealt in a very spread out way through the fight, if we struggle to survive to see it happening? Why do I have to pray baby jesus for unholy crusader heals while I "spam" death strike to stay alive hoping my partner calls the ambulance? Why going toe to toe with other melee almost feels like a bad idea compared to clawing shadows kiting and apocalypse hit and run? I also am totally clueless at our pvp talents. Was crypt fever really that intimidating that it had to be nerfed(wow, 30k damage on that holy light is scary as !@#$ dude!), considering every healer class can remove our diseases? What's the deal with wandering plague and pandemic? How are they still there and unchanged, does Blizzard really think these talents are strong or useful(or maybe it's me not getting their "true potential"...)? How is reanimation STILL there unchanged after all this time? I mean, it's fun to pull out zombie bombs... shame that it only works on very inexperienced players. How is unholy mutation still just passable and not getting any improvements like other classes(or even frost) did? Why does necrotic strike have all of those drawbacks? Consumes festering wounds, lasts 8 seconds, can be instantly cleansed... still, it is our real choice to be mildly relevant in pvp. Yes, I know. Respec frost, L2P. Maybe that's the issue, but please do comment and say how do you feel or how wrong I am about the whole issue.Hakemoru1 2d
2d Talents- Unholy Hello guys, i'm rerolling from warr to DK, but i don't know which talents i should pick, mainly for PvP, I'll be glad for every response. :)Bleinir0 2d
3d [Request/Suggestion] Please update our SFX and GFX! Hey everybody, I've liked the DK since release and they are one class I keep coming back to repeatedly. Sadly, I'm really not having fun anymore, not after playing some of the other classes. I thought about it for a while, and I really started noticing how the DK just feels - underwhelming to play. I also noticed that this wasn't due to gameplay mechanics, but actually just the feedback and delivery! Our sound effects (not voice, just skill SFX) are downright anemic. They mostly have no presence. They lack bass, and they also lack character. Yeah, sure, they do sound a bit like something out of the crypts, but they're still fairly generic. Not fit for purpose, if you consider that the DK is a hero class. The same with the graphic effects. Most of these are just really small. You barely even notice them. Yes, Death & Decay looks awesome, but this look gets ruined by that talent in the Unholy spec, the one that makes it grow over time. Well, generally, I would really like to ask Blizzard to make DK awesome again. :D If you've ever read the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett, you'll remember DEATH. DEATH has the ability to make His voice sound in ways best described as STONE SLABS ON THE LIDS OF TOMBS, or CONCRETE BLOCKS RUBBING TOGETHER. You get the idea, I'm not just looking for the DK's voice to sound like that, but for every skill, every SFX to have that sort of finality to it. Please discuss, and Blizzard, it'd be awesome if this could be done! :)Myrha2 3d
3d Are Frost DKs fun to play? Hello Death Knights! Long time no see. I'm a returning player from a 4 year long break and before I ask anything I'd just like to say that I'm not here to ask about rotation or spec. I'll find that information on my own. Secondly I don't care how underpowered or overpowered Death Knights are, I LOVE ALL melee classes and have leveled up several to 110. Now it is my Death Knights turn and I'm going Frost. That said, what I'd like to know from you more experienced Death Knights out there is, is Frost Death Knights fun to play? I realize that "fun" is subjective, but there must be some general opinion about the spec right? Thank you for your time, -VryxVrýx10 3d
3d "In combat"...and mobility of minions The title says about two topics that are my main issues. Because of my minion/s attacking I'm constantly in combat. I'm not sure if this is related but many times in BGs I'm flagged in combat as soon as I resurrect on the GY. Clicking on pet to go passive and then to assist every time I want to go away from battle is a problem, and if virulent plague is ticking somewhere, my pet will go to attack, and I will be flagged in combat no matter how far I am from the actual battle. I mean... do I need to point out that this is a problem? Other thing is pet mobility. Sometimes, for some reason it gets stuck in the middle of the filed or something and has difficulties to follow up. Also, switching to another target is a slow process for it. Jumping of cliffs or areas that are not directly connected to the platform that I just jumped to, can be a problem to pets to follow. And this directly leads to engaging in combat without my pet! At that point I cannot summon another one because the pet is already summoned but away from battle. The only thing I can do in that situation is to dismiss my pet, but at that point it seriously hurts my dps. Summon ghouls either from the army or from the Apocalypse, is way to slow process. It takes roughly 2 seconds until they become responsive and actively engage in combat. This is a big problem since DK is the slowest class in the game. I feel that Dark Transformation shouldn't be on the global cd because it works as a buff rather than a direct damage ability. Because of this, I tend to activate it before the combat begins, or else I would lose some dps due to that GCD. For example if I drop DnD (or Defile) I can't waste precious seconds on activating DT and need to maximize dps potential that DnD provides.Punishment1 3d
3d Preservance of the Ebon Martyr Hello fellow Frost DK's, What do you all think, will they nerf this head or will it stay as it is atm? Seeing _every_ nighthold top logger has it. I mean I get 1,8 mill HB's, with 40% that's just bizzarre. Kinda demotivating to play without it atm, as a competitive player.Stéren14 3d
4d Remorsless Winter, 1 tick less since 7.1.5? It seems that the initial tick got removed from Remorsless Winter and it start dealing damage 1 second after activation, doing 8 instead 9 ticks. Now one can say: well, as long as it deals the intended damage, who cares? The question is, is this a bug or is this intended. Because it's a matter of timing for the stun with the "Winter is Coming" talent, and I don't want to have to check every time, if it is still the same or not, because it maybe got "fixed". No need to say, that as DK I prefer the 9 ticks, since I get faster to the stun. CheersPasiphaë2 4d
4d UH (sh*t mobility and dps) Its a pain rushing mythics+ with UH, you are always the last one in the group getting the spot (i mean spot, the mobs/boss). Its depressing always watching the others classes passing throught you like bullets. And when the group wipe ? Jeez, they are hitting the mobs or boss and you are still in the way moving like a snail... UH dont have a fking spell to move faster, and forget WW, you dont want get stuck always in something. I think the most little stone can stuck you in Wraith Walk, kek And i dont want go for the dps thoughts, already exist enough threads talking about that sh*t. So, UH worst in mobility and dps. For the fuk sake, why Blizz dont kick UH specc from the game once for all?Necrosya17 4d
4d Gear/Spec decision Hello guys. I'm playing BoS and I am wandering between 2 legendary choices/builds. http://imgur.com/a/M0njs On the first picture I have 1.1k more strenght, 5% more mastery but I lose 1% crit and 1.5% haste and I get more often sindragosa's fury which is good for almost every fight in nighthold AND mythic+. I still don't know tho, since Koltira sims much better but I don't seem to get the proc often and don't really see a difference really, except I can damage pad when I use sindragosa at the right moments 3-4 times in a raid boss fight instead of 1 or 2. Also, for Mythic+. What do you guys play? Do you stick with BoS or do you go MG? I've seen many people stick with BoS but they have the 2 set which I unluckily don't even have 1 set item from. The 2 set allows them to spam howling blasts as if it's Frostscythe. I see that with MG I can't get good 1.1-2m burst on bosses but I can keep 600k damage at all times which means if its a long fight say +15 I eventually get to be equal to everyone else, meanwhile the AoE seems to be insane, so I can't decide here aswell. // PS I wasn't playing for a while so I am standing at 41 lvl artifact weapon and only 2 weeks of nighthold normal/heroic experience.Dikeyzz1 4d
4d Blood DK (w)pvp Hi Are there people playing this spec in pvp ? What honor talent do you use ? Does Murderous Intent and Decomposing or Necrotic Aura cumulate if 2 Blood Dk use it ?Donal2 4d
4d Anywhere to test instanced pvp dmg on dummies? As the topic title states. Is this possible somewhere? So u can actually check dps included with honor talentsFriggae1 4d
4d Crypt Fever's damage has been reduced by 15%. Source http://www.wowhead.com/news=260416/blizzard-posts-upcoming-class-and-pvp-tuning-for-february-21st-mistweaver-feedbaBoanan6 4d
5d Dev Comments on DK's. [From US forums] https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753226078?page=1 I don't know about you guys, but this is the first proper response I've seen on DK's since Legion launched. UH are !@#$ in PvE and I'm surprised someone finally got a response. Some of his suggestions to fixes seem excessive, but a change is needed IMO. Discuss and share, seems blizzard does read some parts of the Forums... Or perhaps just the US forums?Rayken4 5d
5d New Disease Idea to UH DK As an unholy dk we should be able to do more disease on targets, what i am gonna suggest is ; Soul Reaper should be baseline instead of being talented(Which is lot of UH DK agrees on this idea even the before ) , New disease should be called like Dread Plague to replace it Soul Reaper talent as a new talent. So new talent should work like "Your disease ticks also trigger Dread Plague, dealing the same damage again to the target and all other enemies within 10 yards, split evenly."Sargoroth4 5d
6d Finally a buff for Unholy,time to take a look at Blood? So,as many of you noticed,Unholy finally got a long awaited buff (some might argue that they need more,but this is not the topic here) What it means is that for now Blizzard may look at DK forums,or more precisely US DK forums for unholy feedback. it's the best time to try to catch their attention and show them the terrible state of Blood currently,both on our lolworthy DPS and our subpar survivability.So feel free to also post that in the US forums if you have an US account.I'm not too hopeful,but maybe we'll manage to grab the Devs' attention for once :)Lightslayers1 6d
6d Regarding to Blue Post(For UH DK) this blue post still makes me nervous I'm not trying to hardball or anything, but the truth is there's zero reason to bring a feral druid or an unholy dk right now. Sure people can have fun and play the spec they want, but the reality is when unholy is literally behind frost by 150k, no one in their right mind would recruit an unholy dk when frost is just preforming so much better. There is zero reason to sub for this game then if you are not gonna listen to customers why we should deal with it ? No one has to play 2 button boring frost spec and if you will keep ignore the unholy spec like this ,Then cut the bull!@#$, dont give us hope for changes ,delete the UH spec so we should be able to re-roll another class instead of waiting for hope everyday. I know that we won't get any simple blue post answer anyways.Sargoroth4 6d
6d Anyone Use Dark Arbiter? I was until recently using Necrosis and Soul Reaper but I'm thinking of changing it up a little and going for the more straight forward Infected Claws and Dark Arbiter? I have around 76% Mastery and 18% Haste, but I was wondering I read somewhere that Dark Arbiter wasn't worth using, but where I read it before has since changed and makes little mention, so I was wondering what people thought about it?Eathelin10 6d
6d Frost DK Runes/Rune management I really don't understand how i am supposed to manage my runes. I have MAX 2 runes and 20 Runic Power when my "Hungering Rune Weapon" is on cooldown.Oczzit4 6d
17 Feb Got the legendary shoulders today Do you think it's worth dropping infected claws for shadow infusion? I'm going to take SR to.Eathelin1 17 Feb
17 Feb Frost or Unholy? Hello fellow DK's. I'm main Unholy, but I've been seeing that frost is currently better than unholy DPS wise. Is this true? Are we that screwed up? Also, I would love to try out frost but since I have the Unholy bracers it seems like I'll be going down if I switch right now .. :/Wayneth18 17 Feb
17 Feb RATE THE DK'S NAME ABOVE YOU 3V Old thread hit the post limit, so I'll start the third one.Cupcake415 17 Feb
17 Feb Frost in PVP? I've only tried blood, but I've gotten a bit tired of being a tank.. whats some nice tricks and tips for frost in pvp?Kadreth2 17 Feb
17 Feb Frost Artifact Skins Am i the only one who is dissapointed i unlocked them all (at least base ones) and i feel like they are not better than the original. Its kinda dissapointing working on them for a while and not using them. Also god damn hidden base being green instead of blue since it was the last hidden to discovered i still dont have blue version.Fallén14 17 Feb
17 Feb Help frost Hello im Peter and im new to wow i have played this game for 4months i think and atm im trying to learn how to play frost dk any tips for me? Thanks!Kominäx2 17 Feb
16 Feb Frost DK Arena Questions Hello Im a casual player that returned in legion to wow, mostly im doing pvp.I tried to search in forums, talking with player , atm im gimping around 1800 rating.but there are still some questions: Its still possible to get to 2k or 2.2k rating? Wich comps are the best for FDK at the moment? I heard Breath specc is dead, obliration is the only way to go. Do i still play with Icy talons and Frozen pulse, or its better to chance to Murderours E/ Freezing Fog because does talents got buffed? or maybe even Murderours E and Freezing fog?Wayley10 16 Feb
16 Feb Blood DK questions After having played my DH tank I wanted to give my DK a shot. Just dinged 100, but I have some questions. 1. Death Caress: I never use it....is it a PvP skill? 2. Marrowrend: it says 16% DR and 10% haste, but when I check the icon when it procs it shows much lower. 3. What is the main mitigation? I found it odd that one fairly good one, that helps with big boss blows is a talent? Rune Tap? The mastery shield doesn't take that much dmg for example. I assumed it was bone shield, but at 10 points it gives like 2%, should be 16% per point right? 4. Not all skills mention it in the description, but which skills are supposed to gain rune power?Macrus50 16 Feb
16 Feb Death Knight Quality Of Life Cosmetics A couple of ideas for Death Knight quality of life cosmetics. Firstly; New in Legion we have a trinket 'Shalrala's Engraved Goblet'. While it's stats are alright, it's true greatness lies in its passive effect. The passive effect turns your character ethereal, identical to how Wraith Walk turns you ethereal. My suggestion, is create a glyph (Or something similar) which would allow you to be in this form without needing a cooldown. This can be done similar to our Wraith Walk glyphs, 3 colour variant glyphs for the specs but they can be kept on for as long as the player wants. Secondly; Ideal animations, they're a fun little thing for those of us who do other things while playing. I suggest creating specific ones for the specs. Frost - Ice forms beneath the Death Knight Blood - Blood worms are see crawling about the Death Knights feet (Having a pool of blood beneath them would be too open to jokes) Unholy - The ground beneath the Death Knight is rotten and blighted. Thirdly; Character customization is a large part of the game for many of use, to the point where the limited options for our character's body is slightly disheartening. Yes, transmog is an amazing tool, but if you're going for a certain look, you might not be the only one. My suggestion? Frost - The facial areas (Or any exposed flesh) looks frozen and icy. Blood - Stumped on ideas for blood, I'm sure other Blood DKs will chime in with their ideas. Unholy - The Death Knight actually looks like they're actively rotting, possibly even exposing little or large amounts of bone. These are just a few ideas, please add your own ideas, give the devs plenty of ideas to work with in the future. Add constructive criticism if you must, but also try and provide solutions, not just answers. Suffer well.Wraknar1 16 Feb
15 Feb Rune Recharge system I wanna know how you guys track your runes. Im new to the Death knight class, and i was looking in to ways of making the runes Recharge in order. so that the ready runes are to the (example) left, and the recharging runes are to the other side, with the most right runes being the first to come "off Cooldown" and the runes to the left with the longest "cooldown" im interrested in hearing what the veteren DK's use to track it, or if its just a question of getting use to the unintuitive default system we have now. thanks in advanceRenho3 15 Feb
15 Feb Convergence of Fates for BoS - worth it or not? After looking up the BiS trinkets for frost using the BoS talent i felt all the trinket choices were very reasonable but i was abit dissapointed that the trinket Convergence of Fates was found nowhere near the top. According to wowhead the proc rate for frost should be around 3-4 ppm even after the nerf. Wouldnt that mean that hungering rune weapon would have a CD of around 2:30 min? If it works like that it means that you could use hungering rune weapon, 30s into of your second use of BoS, therefore greatly increasing its uptime. (Normaly hungering rune weapon has a 1 minute CD once you start your second BoS). Having hungering rune weapon for your second BoS also means that you buy enough time for your 3 uses of Horn of Winter which requires your BoS to be up for at least 1 minute. In theory this trinket alone could help with the allignment of multiple CDs that help with your uptime of your second BoS, making it last 1min+ instead of only ~ 30-40s because using hungering rune weapon also enables that third use of Horn of Winter. Could somebody with the trinket either confirm or deny my theory? Because if the trinket works like that it surely is a must have for every fDK that is using BoS.Gênex6 15 Feb