Hunter

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
17 Feb [Guide] In-Depth Survival Guide Introduction When Legion launched, Survival specialization was changed to melee and given an entirely new tool kit. But this you probably already know, however it is still a new specialization, with many different guides on the net offering contradictory advice. Parts of this guide follows the precedent set by Icy-Veins.com's Survival guide (shoutout to Azortharion), however especially the Rotation section varies significantly. I've been playing purely Survival since launch and currently raiding with the spec as well. At the moment it is widely considered to be the weakest of the 3 hunter specs, and while that might be true, a large part is the inherent complexity of the rotation. So lets get started! Ability Overview: Mongoose Bite[MgB]: Main damage dealing ability, with 3 charges that applies a 12 second buff increasing all further MgB damage by 50% per stack. Stacks up to 6 times but the buff does not refresh. Is the baseline for the DPS windows covered in the Rotation segment. 12 Seconds CD affected by Haste. No focus cost. Mastery: Hunting Companion[M:HC]: The bread, butter and bane of Survival hunters. Gives your pet's special attacks a chance to grant an additional charge of MgB. 500 Mastery equals 1% pet procc chance. Explosive Trap[ET]: A hefty damage dealer with a 12 second cooldown (After Talents and Traits). Damage is split between the initial burst and a lasting DoT. AoE. No focus cost. Flanking Strike[FS]: Solid damage with a 6 second base cooldown affected by haste. Double chance of proccing M:HC. Costs 50 Focus. Lacerate[Lac]: DoT with 12 seconds duration and 10 seconds cooldown. Costs 35 Focus. Dragonsfire Grenade[DfG]: AoE ability with split damage between burst and DoT. Long cooldown of 30 seconds. Recommended talent (See Talents). No focus cost. Throwing Axes[TA]: Talent. Main filler ability, 2 charges with 15 seconds cd affected by haste. Quickly throws 3 axes, good both melee ranged. Fury of the Eagle[FotE]: Artifact Power. Damages in a cone and is channeled for 4 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Is affected by the damage buff from MgB and also increases the duration of the MgB buff by 4 seconds. Is now on global cooldown after the content patch containing Emerald Nightmare. Carve: Filler AoE. Low on damage, but better than nothing. Can be replaced by Butchery (See Talents), which is not recommended. Costs 40 focus. Harpoon: 5-40 yard range charge mechanic. 20 seconds cooldown. Raptor Strike[RS]:Purest trash, probably tied for worst in the game. Does around 10% of the damage your other abilities does, even after unavoidable Artifact damage increases. Should only ever be used when everything else is on CD. Costs 25 focus.DPS Cooldown Overview: Aspect of the Eagle[AotE]: Primary dps cooldown. Gives an additional 25% chance for your pet to procc MgB charges and increases all damage done by 30% with Aspect of the Skylord Artifact trait. Lasts 10 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. Snake Hunter[SH]: Talent. Instantly grants you 3 charges of Mongoose Bite. 1.5 minutes cooldown. Note that it gives new charges, not stacks of the buff.Pet Overview The nature of our Mastery means there are two significant factors about your pet. Firstly the pet should be specced Tenacity, since it gives an extra AoE attack that can procc M:HC. Secondly it should come from one of three pet families: Either Scorpid for [Deadly Sting], Riverbeast for [Gruesome Bite] or Carrion Bird for [Bloody Screech]. Which of these three doesn't matter. The reason for this is that they count as extra special attacks and can procc M:HC. Talents Tier 1: Throwing Axes is the clear choice here, giving decent damage and works as a good filler. Animal Insticts applies a random buff for 7 seconds every FS, however neither 10% Haste nor Mastery is particulary useful, and the 33% chance to get 30% increased movement speed is downright bad. Way of the Mok'Nathal is a talent I've seen a few guides recommend, and it's good - On paper. This talent is bad, the primary problem being the incredibly low damage of RS, and having to get 4 RS off AND reapply one every 8 seconds is a huge waste of DPS. Testing this talent and maintaining the buff currently costs me around 55% of my dps. Bad idea. Tier 2: 3 interesting talents, however SH is completely necessary to achieving 6 stacks of MgB consistently, so there's no competition. The others are good, but not essential, unlike SH. Tier 3: Choice is between [Farstrider] and [Posthaste] although if you want 3 more seconds of Aspect of the Cheetah it won't matter that much. Personally use [Farstrider] for better combat mobility, since I play a gnome and [Escape Artist] allows me to escape roots. Either works. Tier 4: 2 of these talents provide some nice PvP utility, the last one is a strong PvE boost. Improved Traps is the choice for the 50% cd reduction on ET, no discussion really. Tier 5: 3 PvP utility talents (Sticky Bombs deal no damage). Personally use Camouflage because I'm trying to convice the Rogues to let me into their secret class hall. (No luck yet) Tier 6: AoE Tier. Actually used Butchery to great success early Legion, but the long cooldown and only 3 charges meant that you'd be out of AoE after the first mob group since it completely removes Carve. DfG provides a nice single target DoT as well as spread damage to go with ET. Serpent Sting sadly falls way behind the other two in damage output. Tier 7: First talent [Spitting Cobra] allows for increased focus regen and a bit of damage. Since Survival is not focus starved it's hardly relevant. [Aspect of the Beast] is useless since our pet is specced Tenacity anyway and having it reducing 15% damage is rather pointless. [Expert Trapper] is the way to go.Fizzlesticks17 17 Feb
38m Bring Eyes of the Beast Back title says it all ^^Íridi1 38m
3h Rate the transmog above you! V6 The old thread has reached it's limit. To next person: My bow is invisible! It's a plain light brown vanilla bow, suppose it's buried in wow history. :DAntler300 3h
16h Windrunning Why are MM hunters benefiting from Windrunning, it is so arbitrary that they can move fast all the time, while their companion specs cannot. In addition why is Windrunning not active on Argus?Fidgety1 16h
16h Which race is best? Hi everyone im looking for a question to be answered if anyone knows the answer? Im wanting to make a hunter, what is the best race to be? does not matter if its horde or alliance and what race is better for each spec now? i want to be the best i can possibly be because i want to get into hardcore raiding when maxed. if anyone knows the answer ill be greatly appreciative! <3Jake8 16h
16h Pet's in 8.0 I just hope they won't forget about their existence, because right now its a joke. Some pets lost their "special ability" in a form of group buffs as all groups were removed, but some pets got to keep their other special abilities that weren't these buffs so we are "forced" to take a pet that provides at least some utility. It's like they didn't even give a fk for such a crucial part of hunter identity, It's sad.Zbir1 16h
1d How much DMG can a Hunter pet take? Heard it dies quickly even in BM tanking specc?Xjaderian4 1d
1d Pet struggling with agrro I've recently hit lvl 110 with my hunter and throughout my leveling from 100 on as well as now my pet is really struggling with keeping aggro, especially with more than one mob. I'm on Beastmastery, I'm using the Spirit Beast Skoll, it's on tank spec and I use misdirection. Growl and Thunderstomp are on but... No chance. Shortly after the fight begins and the cooldowns of it's abilities have started the mobs turn around to me and I end up having to run in circles and kite. It's quite annoying and I'm wondering if it's a bug, a bad patch decision or if there's a trick?Azalyn1 1d
1d 8.0 hunter TBH I'd scrap idea of survival spec entirely. Cataclysm brought us idea of "specs" we know today, but before that we were playing classes, that happened to be able to follow certain path that would lead them to become better at what they do. So while it works for paladins to have 3 specs, as they have 3 possible roles to perform, it does not quite fit all classes and so some specs feel kind of forced as "survival" is just a generic hunter toolkit (traps, camouflage, feign death etc) no hunter should be ever left without. I was glad to hear they decided to just stick to 2 specs for DHs. For hunters tho, I'd go for option for BM hunter to be both, melee and ranged at will in a way Fwarriors had option to use 1handers or 2handers. Perhaps there could be slight TAX for ranged option compared to melee but nothing too big, say a ~5% difference. BM requires a revamp too so it would align very well. For MMs "fantasy" is strictly ranged combat obviously, but pet could either be mostly an utility tool, and provide close to no damage, lets say ~3% of overall MM damage, or pet could work kind of like tandem for hunter, more or less how it works for surv now, where it procs something like "vulnerable" debuff increasing hunters own damage (kind of like Quinns pet from LoL) or I'd scap idea of autoshotts and make pet perform that autoattack damage for hunter, while hunter fires just hard hitters in a way casters do. Monks were supposed to be a class with no autoattack but Blizzard has scapped the idea, so I don't know. Pre-Legion surv felt and played a lot like a twist of MM and it could be possible to imprelemt such talents into MM tree to regain that "original" feel.Zbir8 1d
1d bazooka for hunter? Bazooka for Hunter ! yes sir !Thegreed9 1d
2d BM Stats I used to love my hunter but kinda stopped playing in legion because the old SV was my favourite. But I'm finally getting into it again and hey, BM is really fun! Im a bit stumped on stats, i've checked the armouries of a few of the top BM hunters and it seems crit is best, but then i'm not sure about the rest. Also how do the secondary stats weigh against agility? Cheers!Annwen3 2d
2d T20 nerf With the new T21 comming I was expecting a nerf on the T20 and here it comes. Item - Hunter T20 Marksmanship 4P Bonus Casting two Aimed Shots in a row increases your critical strike damage by 15% for 6 sec. 10% for 6 sec.[u][/u] Why ? The T21 looks strong with the Trick Shot build even if I haven't done sims on it so there should be no need for the nerf, or ?Crowglim1 2d
2d Pets randomly despawning when i zone/take a portal. For weeks now ,me and other BM hunters in guild are complaining about this happening. What changed that made this occur, it wasnt in any patchnotes i saw. Anyone have the same problem and if so @blizz plz fix it. I am getting paranoid looking at my sides.Nathandrake0 2d
3d Glyph Idea(s) & Improvement (for Dire Beast) Glyph Idea: Glyph of the Pack - Dire Beast summons Beasts identical to your Active Pet. Improvements - various alternatives: a) Make Glyph of the Dire Stable & Glyph of the Pack also affect Stampede. I think this is the easiest to implement because Glyphing a Talent directly might be messy. b) Make a Glyph for Stampede that causes it to benefit from Glyphs affecting Dire Beast. Least Glyphs added to game in order to enable all thematic choices. c) Make a Glyph of Stampeding Stable and Glyph of Stampeding Pack with effects equal to the the repective Dire Beast Glyph. More "thorough" than b), but probably unnecessary as I don't really see the point in mixing Dire Stable with Stampeding Pack or vice-versa.Zalbard0 3d
3d Bring Back Aspect of the Cheetah Ok, Blizzard. I've played on and off pretty much since the realms went live. I've always played the hunter class and loved it. I sit by and watch you make all these changes and deal with it, but this 'new' Aspect of the Cheetah" is doing my head in! You really need to make it like it used to be. (Obviously work on no aspect in raids lol). But ye, i miss it a lot. Kind regards, DragonfyrDragonfyr10 3d
4d MM hunter strange haste values. Today i just equipped sepuz on my mm hunter, and my prevously extremely low haste value of 13 (14 % on my char statsheet about 5k haste) went to 28 (20% on my statsheet) and i'm like what the hell happened, can someone explain, shouldn't the haste value be extremely high before i reach the breakpoint? Why is it so high now?Ryura0 4d
4d Class Order Hall Upgrade Guide? Hey guys, I've been looking around for recommendations on which class hall upgrades to take for my hunter. I found the YouTube video made by Mmrrggll, but his advice is based on maximizing profit on an alt's order hall. I'm looking for advice on how to optimize for a raiding main. Thanks in advance for any pointers or links to existing guides.Dàvîd3 4d
4d Preferred Race to play as a Hunter? I am thinking about starting on a new Server and I want to settle on a Hunter. I have a friend that plays Horde and to be honest, I find it quite hard to settle to a Race. By far the Tauren are my most favorite, but I also want my Armor to look good on my Character (quite obvious) and I think in many ways Tauren have certain problems, for example with their Horns. I do not like the hunched backs either of the Trolls or Orc's. So my question to you guys is.. what's your favorite Race to play as a Hunter? oh and ps. I prefer to play as Male, tho I wouldn't mind much a change, I think.Gerrus29 4d
4d MM - Crit or Mastery? Hey, I'm a 934(Equipped) MM hunter, I've got T20's 2 set bonus and everywhere says aim for a certain amount of crit with T20 but I can't find a % to aim for. My stats are currently as followed: Crit: 41% Mastery: 30% Haste: 6% Vers: 0% I'm still at the moment only using items with mastery, if it's just crit or haste and only 5-20ilvls more than my current I'm not using it. I was just wondering is 6% haste to low and is that where my crit should be to maximise the use of 2set? Cheers!Uskskely5 4d
5d Titanstrike acquiring weird story text Has anyone else noticed that Hati when she absorbs titanstrikes power is referred to as he and she in the same story, prompting the question is Hati male or female? And why is it ambiguous in the story D: Sorry if this has been noticed before just my first acquisition of a Hunter relic weapon so far! Screenshot of the storyline text - https://imgur.com/a/xfZRnKuzon1 5d
5d greatest spell of hunter how do we deal with the auto growl, hmm?Bílyana1 5d
6d BM or MM? This guy used to be my main in Draenor, but they removed passive heal from beast, so I forgot about him. Now I wanna try him again, but not sure, whats more effective BM or MM. I most likely play in open world pve rather than raiding, so I guess BM fits here more. Also how to self heal? Other classes have shields for combat and heal ooc. Hunter has only 30% heal once in every 2 minutes.Orkimar1 6d
13 Oct Windrunning on Argus Hello, I tried searching for a topic on this, but haven't found one yet. Basically Windrunning doesn't work on Argus. Is this intentional or can we expect a fix for this?Wulfhardt0 13 Oct
13 Oct [Suggestion] More controlled Dire Beast glyphs It would be nice if there were several additional glyphs for Dire Beast that did the following: Call upon the same beast as your active pet (i.e. clones). Call upon a beast of the same family or type (i.e. cats only when your active pet is a cat, boars only when your active pet is a boar, etc.). Call upon a random beast from a personally selected list from your stable (not picked at random among all your stabled pets). This one would need some kind of system, as in "pets from the first stable page", or "favorite pets" (if there was a way to mark favorites, wink wink :P). What do you think? I believe these glyphs would improve the look and feel of many hunters that want certain themes. The stable is often a bit of a mess, with mixed random and varied acquisitions, so the only current glyph doesn't cut it when you're trying to make an all-bear dwarf hunter, or a raven queen, or whatever crazy single-animal variant you come up with.Liresa0 13 Oct
13 Oct Craziness of the Week: Talents and abilities Everyone is a critic. And i am usually wrong. Tho i like to share my ideas, and enjoy both have them criticized or, in rare cases it happen, being agreed upon. ANYWAY! Hey guys, doing well today? Hope so. Well as you may noticed, i think a lot about variations and things that fit better. Example, the last thread i wrote was about the fact Surival Hunters make low sense on a self-preservation scenario, though had a good person who explained me what i missed to see, and another that exemplified my idea with Neverwinter (may be wrong though, i forgot a bit about it's post). For a couple weeks, again, been thinking about new abilities or talents that, in a way, may fit the class or make it's playthrough a bit more enjoyable. BEASTMASTERY: Of course the focus of this class is working in synergy with your beast. However, we have to agree the class was... well, shaved and removed of abilities that may give it. Now, as many comment, a player is more a zookeeper than anything. First of all, what it needs is Synergy. Admitely, one of the things survival does better than beastmastery is have a cooperation between hunter and beast. Go for the Throat was an ability available on the old marksmanship skill tree (2nd or 3rd row if i recall), in which when the hunter crited, the pet got automatically some focus. In my opinion is a good sign of cooperation skills with the beast, the hunter going for a good, damaging shot, that motivates the pet to strike more (ergo the extra focus). Master of Many is an idea i have. It gives an alternative to BM, in which replace the skill for an exotic pet in favor of being followed by a second beast one has on the stable. I feel that after acquiring an exotic beast, normal ones kinda lose interest on BM build. Most likely both would share the same specialization so wouldn't be too crazy/op (like go pvp with a bear on tenacity and a scorpion on cunning, but instead both at cunning). Would be a last-row talent. Would probably require some balancing, too. One With the Wild, is an interesting, maybe mad idea i had. Is like an ultimate, in which the hunter goes 'berserk', and for a few seconds fight with fists and claws (for worgens, at least) like it's beast. They get, for instance, 200% more melee damage, 50% more damage mitigation from armour, sprint speed incapable of being stun/slow (like bladestorm), and maybe a temporary list of new attacks. Lasting about 10 to 15 seconds. When time finishes, leaps automatically a couple feet back to give some range. MARKSMANSHIP: Look, i loved this skill. I still do, but not as much as it is. That said, i feel it lacks... impact. Maybe is because i ain't as geared as many other players, or anything. Anyway. A marksman hunter focus on his precision, delivering powerful shots at ranged, and keep away from the enemy as best as possible. That said, i think he should still have skills that connect them to wild, nature, and animals, mostly on his benefit, be in cause damage, be in control battles. Bloodbrothers/Guarded is probably against what many players advocate about MM. It is the alternative to Lone Wolf, in which the marksman HAS A PET. Guarded is what MM has when focus on Lone Wolf but, has an animal by it's side. The pet will be solely tenacy, or a weaker version of tenacy, and it's utility will be solely to tank mobs or do minimal cc on pvp (like slow with a bite or a vice grip). Of course, have a beast requires more concentration, making the hunter sacrifice a lil bit of damage in favour of a tanking pet. Bloodbrothers, however, is a replacement to Lone Wolf. There will be a beast to control, of course. But it can change it's specialization to whatever is necessary, as normal, and the MM recieve a presence buff as long the pet is present, like more stamina and either crit or haste (lets say the hunter gets motivated having his or her friend by it's side, so does it's best to fight at it side). Scoped Shot, in simple matters, is a 1,5 casted shot that does slightly more damage as the target is more distant. Min damage at close quarters (more or less 3 yards), max depending of the maximum range the hunter has (mastery modifies it. Probs would lead hunters to stack Mastery more, tho). Boring Projectile is an ability that, when used, the next shot will cause 10% less damage, but can penetrate any target behind the current one for a max of 5 yards, causing 50% of the damage. Also, both get a bleed effect, that persists for 20 secs. Considered also a talent that turn most castables to half the time for pvp, but i wonder if that won't be too OP. SURVIVAL: Few changes come in mind to this spec. However, i think an ability or two would make it more interesting, in favour too in reducing the so-called 'spining plates'. I am thinking mostly in dots, like the class had long ago. Scorpion Sting returns! Could be a blowpipe shot, or a javelin/dagger/axe throw, causing a lil bit damage, but giving a poison effect, that persists for 30 seconds, siphoning health every 2 seconds, causing nature damage. Spider Bite is a quick, low damage melee strike that gives another poison effect, giving a 4% chance the target miss the strike, for a few secs (maybe 20). It resets Scorpion Sting effect when used. Kick the snout! An interrupt, that causes half weapon damage. On small mobs/players, it causes the target to fall on the ground, like was tripped. On bigger mobs, bosses and such, just do the damage and interrupt. Dirty-ish tactics (may change the name) Is an escape tactic when things get too tough. A dirty, but trully survival tactic. Basicly, just throw/kick dirt to the targets in front of the hunter, disorienting them for a few seconds. Doesn't break with damage caused by either the pet or hunter, but any other sources will break the effect. Well, that's it for now. TLDR i ain't a good ability designer, but will keep posting here ideas.Sarbok5 13 Oct
12 Oct nvm.. nvmIsazhani4 12 Oct
11 Oct [Suggestion] Mechanical Crab and Modular mecha-pets So clearly this is the biggest issue surrounding Hunters right now - that's right; the absence of mechanical crabs. More importantly, the absence of mechanical crabs that can be equipped with "Crab Shank". I'd call him Snips. In all seriousness though, mechanical pets have a tonne of character but no real redeeming features - so the below suggestion might just have a solution to that: How about adding a feature (maybe via Engineering) to tinker your pets in the same way you can add a Flexweave Underlay to your cloak, or Nitro Boosts to your belt and so on. In this regard, Hunters (via their friendly neighbourhood engy) could add a single bonus-use ability to their mechanical pet of choice. Here's a few possible ideas: Alarm-o-Tron 9000 (Passive) - Your pet now automatically detects stealthed enemies in a 10yd radius from their position. Spiny Plating (Passive) - Critical melee strikes against your pet now have a 30% chance to deflect a portion of that damage back to the attacker. Self-destruct Sequence (Active - 10m cooldown) - Your pet explodes, dealing huge fire damage and knockback in an AOE fashion. This attack will automatically dismiss the pet. Well they wanted nerfs... Laser-Guided Fangs (Active - 1m cooldown) - Your pets next auto-attack applies a bleed to the target and reduces dodge chance for 12 seconds. Freakin' laser beams. Magnetic Maw (Active - 1m cooldown) - Your pet pulls in a target to their location, applying a 2 second root. Beep boop!Grimlenn4 11 Oct
11 Oct Ideas on how to make survival hunter more "fluid" I really want to like survival hunter, but everytime I try to play a bit of the rotation just seems "clunky". Focus builder being the highest source of damage, only "real" DPS cooldowns purpose is to press when you run out of Mongoose Bite stacks and the list goes on and on. The fundamentals of this spec are complitely reversed compared to other specs, I get some people like that fact but I feel like majority of playerbase don't quite enjoy it. Raptor Strike - This spell feels super awkward, it doesn't really do damage and we're forced to use it. Yet it gets so messy when you're high on Mongoose Fury stacks and yet you have to press this to keep up Mok'Nathal. I like what they're doing with T21 making it actually do damage. I still feel like Raptor Strike should be off global cooldown. I feel like it should remove the issue of deciding between dropping Mok'Nothal stacks or spamming Mongoose Bite. Would it lower skill cap for Surv hunter? Definetly, but I feel like it would make the spec more fluid for even those who are really good at survival hunter as it is now. Flanking Strike - I get the idea of this spell, but I feel that as a main focus dump it's in wrong place. I feel like the idea of this spell is meant for soloing content and transferring threat to pet while doing it. I like the design and I think it's a spell that should be in the game, but again not as it is currently. If Blizzard wants to make pets a relevant thing for survival hunter I feel like a simple Kill Command would be a lot more fitting ability for focus dump. In my opinion survival hunter miss a "big" dot/bleed also they don't really have a single ranged attack (Since they made it so taking Throwing Axes isn't going to be viable option). What's the solution? New big dot, much like explosive shot in previous expansion but something that would fit the current theme better. "Explosive harpoon" or something in the lines of that, little bit longer range spell (20-30yd) that would apply a dot that actually deals damage and fills the role of current Flanking Strike, while giving Flanking Strike it's own purpose. Traps - I don't feel like traps should be part of main rotation. They're something you setup and lure enemies in to. At this moment I've no clue how they're meant to be used. Explosive trap is something you kinda want to force into your rotation, but it's often near impossible to fit in (Single target rotation). I don't mind traps, I think they're big part of hunters but I still feel like they shouldn't be part of main rotation. Aspect of the Eagle - Survival hunters only "DPS" cooldown. Expect it's not a DPS cooldown. In my opinion the 25% to give Mongoose Bite stacks should be straight removed. Compensating that with a flat damage boost. Since we Snake Hunter which is meant to be a cooldown that gives Mongoose Bite stacks I don't feel like this spell should exist in it's current form. Fury of the Eagle - Yet another spell that makes no sense for me. An Artifact ability that is a situational use spell. Really rarely usable in single target situations, has super short time window for efficient use. I understand the design behind the scaling dmg with Mongoose Fury stacks but that makes it nearly impossible to fit into the current single target rotation. For AOE just feels super weak for being a artifact ability. If the name is Fury of the Eagle it should probably have something to do with eagles unlike being a fists of fury mock off. You could make it summon a eagle that stays for awhile or just a eagle coming to deal a flat dmg. These are some ideas I have to make Survival Hunter enjoyable. Obviously it would lower the skill cap by a far margin, but I feel like a simple thing of putting Raptor Strike off global cooldown would make the spec a lot more enjoyable. Discuss.Unavaivable14 11 Oct
11 Oct [BM] T19 vs T20 bonuses? Hey all! Can anyone tell me which of the Tier 19 and Tier 20 bonuses that is the best one for BM?Gimduin2 11 Oct
11 Oct Survival hunter MT last phase issue. Hi all, i am currently trying to get survival hunter MT quest done but the last phase with the corrupting shadows my pet holds aggro even with taunt turned off and set to passive stance, it is making it hard/impossible to kite it. am i missing something am i supposed to just dismiss the pet? thanks in advance.Squibs2 11 Oct
10 Oct I love MM, but......... I'm seriously thinking of re-rolling. I've always liked alts, but with the crucible out, I can't really justify playing other classes right now, not until I get a few more unlocks. At the start of the expansion, I went for Hunter for the first time as I had 2 different ranged classes to play and 1 melee. So if I ever got bored, I could play around with the others. My issue comes with the fact that I can't stand BM and I'd prefer any other melee class over survival, to the point where I log in to raid then, immediately after switch to an alt for a change as I've played MM so much. It's got to the point where I'm on my Hunter the least. I'm considering change to a class with 2 roles, pref a tank, although I prefer ranged DPS. That only leaves Druid. I wasn't a massive fan of Boomkin and I got my bear weapon last night, so that's too early to tell. Anyone else gone through this? What did you do? With Survival, I'm sure I saw somewhere it was staying melee, with the fact that it's the least played class by a long long mile, I kinda hope they change it massively next expansion. I know it wont happen but I would like a Hunter tank, I think there are so many possibilities with that.Brewfasa2 10 Oct
10 Oct Mythic + Zoo build Hi fellow hunters! Anything concerning Mythic + and Zoo builds / Stomp heavy builds here. I myself rolled this toon for Mythic + only and have been playing it for a mere 1 week now. Seems like stomp build makes decent single target and competitive AoE. Atleast when u get the right stats to work with. Mythic + Stomp build seems to be the way to go, for noobs like me =D . - Easy rotation - Very mobile / No actual standing and casting spells. - Good AoE / Decent single target dps - Cooldowns available in every pull , allmost every! If u like to try dire beast / stomp build , go for critical strike then work haste and u are ready to shred trough packs like a maniac, throwing guineapigs from every pocket u have. -Petomestari / Noob BMPetomestari4 10 Oct
09 Oct mm pvp in 2s? So i got a few questions concerning MMs current state in pvp. Ive been playing survival kinda whole legion because it was the best to pvp in in 2s with a healer wich is what i mostly do, but recently ive seen many mm hunters on top tier (on arenanet there are for example equal ammount of mm hunter on higher rating comapring to surv and alot more in 3s) So first of all, if i wanna go 2vs2 with a healer as a hunt, is MM better then surv? What are the best setup to run as a MM hunt atm? How is the playstyle atm? still alot of aimed shots and standing still ?Leothria0 09 Oct
09 Oct Taming Fenryr Patch 7.3 Taming Fenryr Patch 7.3 Last night I went in and took Hymdall down. 108M HP up from 80M. Seemed like the mechanics were more intensified. Got to Fenryr stage one blew him down easy as expected. Stage two different story. Unerving howl seems to be more frequent with the adds and they arent nearly as easy to kite or kill as in 7.2.5 I know the mechanics but I'm struggling keeping both corehound and turtle alive. Tenacity spec for both. I've tried using mend pet and misdirection together and sepparate alternating. Also please dont confuse this for a complaining post. I very much enjoy the challenge. Pet dies too fast because ultimately By the time i get the adds down hes already summoned more. Any suggestions? Posted by Kabo[i][/i] on US server .( i cant reply due to it being US server.) but what he says is spot on with the same experiences I went through. Are there any Huntmasters out there that have tamed Fenryr after the release of 7.3? LMK! I'd like to hear about gear stat balance from those of you who have.Ghoulhuntar8 09 Oct
07 Oct Survival - Next xpac improvments Now i for one personally have quiet enjoyed this spec for a ton of reasons during this xpac. Blizz took a big risk in changing the whole fundemental of what survival by turning it in into a melee spec. Now there are some obvious issues with survival that cant be ingnored. Like the amount of spinning plates going on.. But hey it sure ain't that bad tho:) But i'dd like to hear what u think. What is the next step in turning this spec into somethng outstanding coming 8.0Flebbo19 07 Oct
07 Oct Non-gameplay issue with surv So here i was, this morning, on one of the dead hours, thinking about how hunters might be on the next expac, and what i need to expect of every specialization. Then i remembered something. You see, people complain about the SURVIVAbility in SURVIVAL. And then i realized something: The spec... makes no sense! *hides from the rotten tomatoes* Come on. Come on. Let me explain. First of all, we need to consider what they may have based on, without pressing their gameplay an utility on WoW. Survival hunters are, simply put, rugged dudes and dudettes that learned to survive on the wild trough traps and taking advantage of situations, either for hunting food, or for self defense. The thing is, melee combat as offensive goes against survival's meaning. You are, litterally, putting your life on risk by using a 2h weapon at close quarters. "But Sarbok! Hunters on neolithic times used spears to hunt!" And i couldn't agree more, dear chap/miss/boyo/pal. But yet again, following the studies i have done and some rehearsal of methods, the killing blow with a spear, in the hunting context, was used on bigger game, like aurochs, mamoths, bears, and so on, at melee. But in almost every case, the animal was entraped, tired, or snared, or you had a few clan mates with spears too to keep stabbing, as you distracted the target. You CAN hunt with spears, and even any other polearm. But on a survival point of view, is more practical throw it like a javelin, or use a sling, or bow. If you are by yourself, and want that bad guy killed, or that lovely boar to make some smoked pork, would be better to keep at distance, slow the target down and wear it off as much as possible, taunt it to a snare or booby trap, stone or hit it with an arrow, dart, or javelin, THEN when it is unable to retaliate, give a killing blow at melee. Preferably on the heart, or the throat. If you want to be brave and go at melee with a beast by your side, Like legion, smaller weapons would be better. You would sic your pet to strike and stagger the target, in a reallistic context bite the arms and legs and pulling it, keeping it distracted. Unless you had a good control of the situation, a spear isn't viable here. There will be some trashing around, for certain, and your pet will sometimes get right before your strike zone. A smaller weapon, say a camping knife, or an hatchet, or even a branch if you feel wild, are better because: A) the target is in pain and distracted; B) Your dog/beast will eventually move to your strike zone; C) a smaller weapon gives you more mobility and variation on strikes. You can just dodge their conflict and stab the knife or whatever on the neck of your target. Or similar. Now, what would i suggest, will you ask. Will i demand Survival goes back to the dot and trapping specc that was before, and forget the current Legion build like it never happened? HELL NO! Who you think i am? Blizz and the previous version of Surv? No. Instead, modify the Survival specc to be something unique, instead of make it a guy sweeping around a weapon, that feels sometimes like a nerf foam toy sword, and that avoids to bear the name of a previous specc that had a pretty good fan base. I have been marksman since the first day i played, but i know there are thousands of people who liked the... well, true survival specialization, as i described above (slow and snare targets, kill them slowly with shots that makes them bleed and perhaps poisons, and finish them with a precise, deadly strike). Make them... ambushers! *covers behind the desk as the rotten tomatoes fly* Can you guys stop! Listen... It is a true, and relatively original spec, that matches hunters. Camoflage is baseline, do a crit when breaks stealth with a strike, deflect returns as a 1.5 sec ability with longer cd to block spells and hits, cause bleeds and slows, and can even use dirt or snow on the enemy face to disorient them temporarily. Would make sense use Lone Wolf on this specc since a pet would probably attract more attention, when you want to keep hidden and ambush your target. And, can also use traps. You would feel like a true killing machine, perhaps unbeatable, and the enemy would be always vulnerable to any of your surprise attacks! Speaking about 'vulnerability', I feel it doesn't fit well a marksman. Shooting something till it shows a vulnerable spot sounds more like a... *gasp* survival tactic! Ok, i won't press that matter. At least yet.Sarbok3 07 Oct
07 Oct Buff and rework BM Idk if other BM hunters dont see it. Or they dont care. That in "rate xmog above" is so much posts and no one complain about how low is Bm in pve/pvp. So... Can we BM hunters get some buffs to be competitive? We are unplayable in pvp and ppl have just fun from us. In pve we are at bottom...Also would be nice to rework class little and add maybe more of "beast master" insted of kill command on cd and filler with cobra shot. Like really we are bottom tier low spec at pvp and pve atm. Idk if we will sux until end of xpac and they will maaaaayybe rework/buff bms or we will also sux next xpac and we will be bottom tier class next few years.... Like comon, i know class balance is hard, but this totally not fair. Some classes are totally op and some classes (like bm spec) can be in corner and cry for low dps/rating and even you min max and try hard you cant do nothing about it.Zhulmeh7 07 Oct
06 Oct Surv vs. Grp/guild/raid :( Your experience? I am totally in love with the Surv spec. Sure it could use some tweeking and adjustments, but it is the most fun I have had in... ever. And this really makes me want to main it. I tried on Horde-Draenor. I can't get any raid spots, people don't want me in M+ grps, and when trying to swap guilds its always with a "If you play ranged" kinda greeting. Pugging M+ is a nightmare, and if I get to join, I am told to go range or get kicked, right on the summon spot. Now, I am aware of the view on surv, and I am aiming on casual guilds and low M+, and still this happens lol. I don't care if I never go above +5 or ever get to see more than normal raids, i just want to at least DO stuff, and be a part of... something, spite my forbidden love. I moved to Ally, same story. Then made this one on another realm, and I am frankly loosing my curage :( "Play what you want" is a popular phrase, it just seems not to matter for Surv spec. So my question to you guys, who plays surv and get to be actively playing it in raids/M+. How did you do it? How long did it take you to be able to get such spot? Where does one go, to actually being able to play what they want to? There must be a place for a surv hunter... somewhere out there :(Christel6 06 Oct
05 Oct Hello! Hi! I just got back to the game because friend of mine wanted to play together and i was like hey why not! I still have my lvl 100 boost but i really cannot decide which class i want to play so i planned to ask some help from the forums. I've been playing melee classes forever and now i want to try some kind of caster. here are the classes i was thinking of : Ele shaman Boomie Lock and SP Also how are hunters atm? i know they are not a casters but still ranged dps xD So my question is what do you guys recommend ? I'd like to do 2's,3's and Bg'sUntòuchable2 05 Oct
04 Oct BM MAGE TOWER ive sorta got it all down except for one thing and that is my pets keep dying halfway throughFeeran16 04 Oct
03 Oct To My Side - Hunter Skill Warlock Imp Skill: Flee Escapes to the Master. Flee removes all stuns and root., 20 sec Cooldown So, howcome a hunter dont have a skill like this?, i mean, its cool and all that my pet can tank the dwarf boss in AV while i def our boss, but srsly, had been nice with a hunter skill that made the pet come to our aid when we need it the most. Sure its just a "L2P" and "git gud" from my side, that i need to control my pet better, but, in BG, there are a lot of target switching, to focus down low HP ppl or the healer, and suddenly, my pet is on the other side of the BG, since the ppl flet with it.Assassia4 03 Oct
03 Oct mm mage tower is there a really good mage tower guide for mm? only ones ive found is more of a loud music while doing it sorta thingKankia10 03 Oct
02 Oct Quivers. We want them back. Hello fellow Hunters. So, yesterday i posted a similar post in the General forum but i thought i'd take it up here aswell; Where are our Quivers? This has made me frustrated for so long and i don't understand how Blizzard haven't seen how important it is for many of us to have a quiver on the back while using bows. Sure, the MM artifact weapon allows us to havea quiver again which is really great, but that's about it, you still don't have a quiver when you level up or in any other specc which to me just feels so stupid, atleast when you're using a bow. I'd like to know how many that want the quiver back in to the game Not just like "Yeah, maybe at the end of the next expansion" No, i mean in like, the next patch. I know that Blizzard has many more things they need to prioritize, but it feels like it would be soo easy to just add them into the game again since there already are existing models that has been used! Could it really be that hard? I think that many people would really appreciate it and that it would be a very welcome transmog-option for Hunters, new that weren't there when they existed and old alike that miss them since the old days. As somebody pointed out in my post on the general forums, quivers should indeed be optional then andthere should be a option to hide it, like head/back. I intend to press on this question, not to blatantly spam about it in the forums, no but i really would like an answer from a Blizzard official about this just to know their opinion about it, and if there's any hope in a near future that quivers are comming back. Maybe at the launch of the next expansion maybe?Ghymmer3 02 Oct
02 Oct MM max range? Anyone tried stacking master to the extreme and with sniper shot, what was your max range?Samsing1 02 Oct
01 Oct How to deal with gankers? I feel so underpowered at the moment. I get constantly ganked by others during WQ's, especially DK's, Warriors, Rogues and Druid's. They all seem so OP. And I have no idea how to deal with them or what I'm doing wrong. I can't kite them like I used to back in the days when we had traps or when we still had pets that could pin them down. Everyone has a massive self heal now. Before I even get the ganker to 70% I'm dead and by that time I used my strongest abilities and heals. Hunters used to be the fear of everything that had stealth, but those days are long gone. I know I don't have the best gear, but I should be able to do something. I'm a casual gamer now, so I don't have time to do raids and get better gear and raiding was never my cup of tea in the first place. But it seems like the only way now to get better gear, I wish they brought back PVP gear, or something that was a bit easier to get my hands on. This is my 3rd hunter, I mained hunter in the past for years. But right now I feel weak and even clumsy for not being able to do a thing, I can't even get payback if I wanted to.Yukira11 01 Oct
01 Oct Return Killshot pls Why kill shot is removed from hunter spells? Almost every class have "finishing ability" (like warriors Execute), so maybe blizzard will think about it and return Killshot To hunters.Yonndu2 01 Oct
01 Oct Arcane shot and multi-shot animation delay Hi. I have MM-hunter, created from about 7.2, and have annoying issues with two abilities - arcane shot and multi-shot. They have a masssive delay between the damage and animation appear in 90% of the time. In the dungeons the problem disappears. It's looks like here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4BGDJ_PIw I have a stable 115-118 ms latency, any attempts to fix it with "SpellQueueWindow" does not working here. I reported the problem (Submit Bug) many-many times, long times ago, have no reactions, and still see some topics about it only on us.battle.net forums with no sane answers or solutions.Mechanicus4 01 Oct
30 Sep [survival] Pumpo build? Hi there, According to Icy Veins, legendary ring is BIS when using the 'pumpo build': "Frizzo's Fingertrap - Best in Slot when using the Pumpo build. Good cleave/AoE legendary even when not using that build." What is this Pumpo build? o.OXiànjing1 30 Sep