Hunter

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
04 Nov [Guide] In-Depth Survival Guide Introduction When Legion launched, Survival specialization was changed to melee and given an entirely new tool kit. But this you probably already know, however it is still a new specialization, with many different guides on the net offering contradictory advice. Parts of this guide follows the precedent set by Icy-Veins.com's Survival guide (shoutout to Azortharion), however especially the Rotation section varies significantly. I've been playing purely Survival since launch and currently raiding with the spec as well. At the moment it is widely considered to be the weakest of the 3 hunter specs, and while that might be true, a large part is the inherent complexity of the rotation. So lets get started! Ability Overview: Mongoose Bite[MgB]: Main damage dealing ability, with 3 charges that applies a 12 second buff increasing all further MgB damage by 50% per stack. Stacks up to 6 times but the buff does not refresh. Is the baseline for the DPS windows covered in the Rotation segment. 12 Seconds CD affected by Haste. No focus cost. Mastery: Hunting Companion[M:HC]: The bread, butter and bane of Survival hunters. Gives your pet's special attacks a chance to grant an additional charge of MgB. 500 Mastery equals 1% pet procc chance. Explosive Trap[ET]: A hefty damage dealer with a 12 second cooldown (After Talents and Traits). Damage is split between the initial burst and a lasting DoT. AoE. No focus cost. Flanking Strike[FS]: Solid damage with a 6 second base cooldown affected by haste. Double chance of proccing M:HC. Costs 50 Focus. Lacerate[Lac]: DoT with 12 seconds duration and 10 seconds cooldown. Costs 35 Focus. Dragonsfire Grenade[DfG]: AoE ability with split damage between burst and DoT. Long cooldown of 30 seconds. Recommended talent (See Talents). No focus cost. Throwing Axes[TA]: Talent. Main filler ability, 2 charges with 15 seconds cd affected by haste. Quickly throws 3 axes, good both melee ranged. Fury of the Eagle[FotE]: Artifact Power. Damages in a cone and is channeled for 4 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Is affected by the damage buff from MgB and also increases the duration of the MgB buff by 4 seconds. Is now on global cooldown after the content patch containing Emerald Nightmare. Carve: Filler AoE. Low on damage, but better than nothing. Can be replaced by Butchery (See Talents), which is not recommended. Costs 40 focus. Harpoon: 5-40 yard range charge mechanic. 20 seconds cooldown. Raptor Strike[RS]:Purest trash, probably tied for worst in the game. Does around 10% of the damage your other abilities does, even after unavoidable Artifact damage increases. Should only ever be used when everything else is on CD. Costs 25 focus.DPS Cooldown Overview: Aspect of the Eagle[AotE]: Primary dps cooldown. Gives an additional 25% chance for your pet to procc MgB charges and increases all damage done by 30% with Aspect of the Skylord Artifact trait. Lasts 10 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. Snake Hunter[SH]: Talent. Instantly grants you 3 charges of Mongoose Bite. 1.5 minutes cooldown. Note that it gives new charges, not stacks of the buff.Pet Overview The nature of our Mastery means there are two significant factors about your pet. Firstly the pet should be specced Tenacity, since it gives an extra AoE attack that can procc M:HC. Secondly it should come from one of three pet families: Either Scorpid for [Deadly Sting], Riverbeast for [Gruesome Bite] or Carrion Bird for [Bloody Screech]. Which of these three doesn't matter. The reason for this is that they count as extra special attacks and can procc M:HC. Talents Tier 1: Throwing Axes is the clear choice here, giving decent damage and works as a good filler. Animal Insticts applies a random buff for 7 seconds every FS, however neither 10% Haste nor Mastery is particulary useful, and the 33% chance to get 30% increased movement speed is downright bad. Way of the Mok'Nathal is a talent I've seen a few guides recommend, and it's good - On paper. This talent is bad, the primary problem being the incredibly low damage of RS, and having to get 4 RS off AND reapply one every 8 seconds is a huge waste of DPS. Testing this talent and maintaining the buff currently costs me around 55% of my dps. Bad idea. Tier 2: 3 interesting talents, however SH is completely necessary to achieving 6 stacks of MgB consistently, so there's no competition. The others are good, but not essential, unlike SH. Tier 3: Choice is between [Farstrider] and [Posthaste] although if you want 3 more seconds of Aspect of the Cheetah it won't matter that much. Personally use [Farstrider] for better combat mobility, since I play a gnome and [Escape Artist] allows me to escape roots. Either works. Tier 4: 2 of these talents provide some nice PvP utility, the last one is a strong PvE boost. Improved Traps is the choice for the 50% cd reduction on ET, no discussion really. Tier 5: 3 PvP utility talents (Sticky Bombs deal no damage). Personally use Camouflage because I'm trying to convice the Rogues to let me into their secret class hall. (No luck yet) Tier 6: AoE Tier. Actually used Butchery to great success early Legion, but the long cooldown and only 3 charges meant that you'd be out of AoE after the first mob group since it completely removes Carve. DfG provides a nice single target DoT as well as spread damage to go with ET. Serpent Sting sadly falls way behind the other two in damage output. Tier 7: First talent [Spitting Cobra] allows for increased focus regen and a bit of damage. Since Survival is not focus starved it's hardly relevant. [Aspect of the Beast] is useless since our pet is specced Tenacity anyway and having it reducing 15% damage is rather pointless. [Expert Trapper] is the way to go.Fizzlesticks18 04 Nov
9m Lightning Paw as BM hunter lvl 24 Hi all fellow hunters...A while ago as a lvl 23 hunter I tamed Lightning Paw,that was a few days before pre patch.Now the patch is up and I am lvl 25 and I cannot summon lightning Paw anymore while it shows in the portable Stable.Is this a bug or has it been changed to a non scaling pet?I couldn't find anything on it,so I hope someone can tell it to me? :) Thank you.Armistice16 9m
10m What utility do Hunters bring? Still in the decision phase about my "main" (we all know how well maining a char goes in wow :P ). Since I don't have a lot of experience, I don't know wich utility hunters bring for a raid. Why should hunters (especially survival- wich is going to be my spec) be taken? Mages get the Int Buff, Priest and Warrior get their buffs, Monks have the buff/debuff for 5% more physical damage, Warlocks have the portal, healthstones and battle res, DK can battle res as well and has a pull (small bonus), Paladins have strong defensive Cooldowns for others, Demon Hunter has passive self heal and a okayish defensive Cooldown. So nearly everyone has some kind of utility for the group with this Patch/Addon. But I can't see what hunters can do and why the group would benefit from having at least one instead of another class. Heroism (or equivalent) can be done by a lot of classes and even with items. And since the pet changes there is no battle res anymore. Nearly the same counts for Shaman (Enhancement). So the decision is mostly between Demo Warlock, Survival Hunter, Enhancement Shaman and WW Monk. Your insight is very appreciated. :DNekrowicht1 10m
48m [BM] Spirit Mend heal! In Pre-patch, my Spirit Mend heals quite nice! It heals initially about 10% en then a bit more over time, on a 30 sec cooldown. I'm really happy that this thing now actually heals. It allows you to recover from that rogue or feral opener. (No I don't its overpowered because having a Spirit Beast (that are all tanks now) prevents you from having Master's Call, which is huge in PvP) Will this still be a relevant heal for about the same percentages at 120, or saying: is there scaling built into Spirit Mend? The reason I'm asking this because Blizzard like completely forgot about this ability the entire Legion expansion... (the heal is the entire reason why one would pick a spirit Beast). In Legion it rougly healed 80k instantly and another 80k over time on a 4 million health pool and 50k dot ticks... They where like *ups*, "forgot to update the numbers from Warlord of Dreanor..."Trickshot9 48m
49m A little MM proposal First of all - sorry for my english (it's very poor) but nobody from Blizzard never reading russian forums. I don't wanna spend your time so my proposal will be short and simple: 1. Replace A murder of Crows and Piercing shot so AmoC and Master Marksman together will bringing more sense in new MM philosophy. 2. Or just increase trigger chance of Lock and Load from 5% to 10-12%. P.S. Anyway right now MM last talents tier (100) is pretty awful. That shoudn't be so. Thank you. P.P.S. It's all about my thinking of my 120 lvl hunter in BFA beta.MadhatBF9F6E4 49m
2h 1 shotting people? Aimed Shot + other skills seem pretty OP atm the moment if you have half decent gear. I hit someone for 23k in BG's today, 10k non-crits (while under effect of zerker buff). https://imgur.com/a/11yMbuw Can't see this stayingNoshbox6 2h
3h Pets not using their skills I have the issue of my pets not using spells like Dash or Spirit Mend but normally using healing or slow debuffs when they're on auto-use. Anybody have any idea on a fix or is this bugged since the pre-patch?Verenesa0 3h
4h Exotic Pets back up to level 65 from 10 in 8.0 In patch 6.2 we were given Exotic Pets as a Beast Master Hunter at level 10 and in 7.1.5 were given the Ability to tame Lightening Paw. With the pets getting their special abilities at level 20. As of Patch 8.0 Blizzard has taken this away from us. Though many have been playing with exotic beast since July of 2015 some just tamed theirs in the past few months. We can no longer use them until we get the Exotic Pet ability at level 65. Yes I am a 110 hunter but I also have several lower level hunters on different realms. I have been playing for months with Lightening Paw and the Spirit Griffin on several hunters. And they all of a sudden they have gone and taken away this and I am majorly ticked off.Allisica1 4h
8h MM / Nova Anyone here feel like MM hunter is playing Nova (HotS) in the WoW universe? A super squishy sniper that can global players but is instantly dead if caught? I feel like MM was entirely inspired by her gameplay. I find it hilarious gameplay but does anyone know if this is stil the case at 120?Ichaivala0 8h
8h MM Hunter is just so bad in Arena MM Hunter just got worse in Arena with the Prepatch... The only good thing about MM in Arena is the opener Camo, Double Tap and Aimed Shot, thats it. Only good in Skirmish though where you play double dps comps. Aimed Shot is the biggest reason why MM Hunter are so bad in Arena. For real though 2.2 Sec Cast time and you are not able to move? Just stay at a Wall/Column and i won´t be able to cast a Aimed Shot. You only have 2 Charges, so why the !@#$ doesn´t blizzard let us move while casting Aimed Shot? Another stupid change is, we don´t have any Stuns. Like seriously, BM/Survival gets a Stun, but MM where you need to cast 2.2 Sec while not moving doesn´t get a stun? Is that the Class Fantasy?Beelzebubx22 8h
9h anyone having problems with bursting shot? ok so i seem to be having trouble getting the marksmanship bursting shot to knockback, it hits and clearly shows in the combat log that it did full damage but for some reason just doesn't knockback sometimes... and i think its something to do with using while jumpingStallios0 9h
10h Nightborne Kill Comand Animation ! I have checked every race/hunter combo, both male and female. Weird thing is that only Nightborne Male as a hunter has wrong and awful Kill Comand skill animation in both Survival and Beast Mastery. Every other race is pointing with her hand on target. What nightborne does is rotating his whole body. When cast in moving, he is breaking his spine with that animation. For some people like me its making me not playing Hunter. Do you guys have the same or blizzard want to give it only to nightborne?Placino4 10h
10h Surv observations Just posting this to get feedback, and see what others think. Not gonna do a full analysis, but short version I think the class is decent and fun. Just gonna pick two things. 1. It seems like our AOE is limited, spinning it positively. Its best with Butchery talent, but generally its rubbish. Our single target seems good. For me, its cool, I am not one of those that thinks every spec should have every ability. 2. Tenacity pets seem to be the way to go. I got a tenacity pet for every occassion. The 3 min CD 6 sec, 20% DR isn't game changing, but seems superior to the other types. I am new to surv, so trying to figure things out.Jalisco0 10h
14h BM is ruined. Honestly, no second pet without a useless talent, no dire beast without a talent... It's just honestly ruined, many things in legion that made BM great is now gone, now we have some DoT, which doesn't even make sense, along with kill command that hits for nothing. Thanks blizzard, thanks for ruining my favourite spec.Kátárinä48 14h
17h Survifail so... is it just me or does survival not have even one remotely useful talent? pretty much every single one feels extremely undetwhelming, especially compared to what the old talents could do and how they changed the spec.Stallios23 17h
18h Analysis of pet survival - needs fix Hello, I am Durendil, Hunter soloer. During the Beta I made a post (https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619912203) explaining that hunter pets were bound for a massive nerf in BFA. Now that the prepatch is here, it's not the disaster I feared but there are still serious issues with pet survival now. Short version Pets are made of cardboard compared to before. They are extremely weak against any kind of burst damage. Their only lifeline is the massive leech, that heals very well (pet healing is up). So their health yoyos faster. But leech only happens once every 5-6 seconds, which is terrible since it's the one thing keeping them alive in high-damage situations and they die before it procs. The pet of cardboard and leech issues are the most impactful and need to be addressed, according to my tests BFA pets are not as tanky as Tenacity pets were in Legion. I love the new pet system, but have a way harder time keeping it alive in solo now. There are also other issues, see below for more details. How Testing was done I did several +8s (most I could 2-chest before the prepatch) since after testing the scaling/difficulty seems the same as before - even with the loss of the 40% (15% plus 30%) damage reduction from Legion. I managed to 1-chest most of them. I used a Clefthoof (best soloing pet) with Apex Predator's Claw (3 passives) and aspect of the beast. Note that in BFA, there is no Azerite Power that truly helps pet survival (and most heling effects only heal the hunter, not hunter and pet), so the comments below are relevant even if it is the prepatch. If you decide to leave things as is, adding an Azerite trait specifically for pet tanking could help. Bugs and issues Pet leech: Leech is proccing every 5-6 seconds. In solo leech is a massive part of pet healing, and is extremely important given the pet of cardboard issue (see issues below). As such, if the pet dies before leech kicks in, he might as well have 0% leech and not 15%. I believe the proc timer was reduced to reduce computations, but in that case don't make leech the main lifeline of our pets. Sometimes my pet was about to heal for several tens of thousands but he dies. For comparison, imagine if you gave druids a massive buff but their heals only proc every 6 seconds. How would tanks react? Possible ideas: - make leech on hunter pets proc normally every second - make it proc normally if the pet is tanking/has aggro (which wouldn't increase computations in raids) - help the pet survive before leech kicks in - see pet of cardboard section. Pet of cardboard: For the test I was using a clethoof, which takes 10% less damage. Also, in soloing you need the leech for your pet, but thanks to the legendary ring he had 30,628 hp instead of 24654, so 24% more health. It was an extremely favorable situation for pet survival. And with all that, he kept dying as soon as he was confronted with burst damage. As I said before, the scaling in +8 was perfect so it's not a scaling issue. Examples: - Ymiron killed him on every dark slash (before: pet survived a few). - Illisana Ravencrest killed him on each second shear (before: pet survived, died on third). - Smashpite: brutal haymaker + debuff puts him in extreme danger (before: a pet CD and it's not an issue). - Maiden of Virtue: dies on second tank nuke not interrupted (before: pet never ever was in any danger). - Wrathguard Bladelords: dies instantly to the tank ability (before: died a little slower). - Last packs of BRH: dies quickly if several "coup de grâce" go out at once from the trash (before: no issues clearing those trash). The "good thing" is the leech: in non-burst situations my pet survives a little better. For example, on Moroes he didn't die instead of dying once. And in AoE, if he last 6 seconds he heals a lot. But as explained above leech is utterly unreliable in burst situations since the pet is too dead to be healed. Causes: - pet health is way down - from 112% of a player's health to 70% (80% with ring). This is of course very impactful for burst since I can't use Exhilaration to heal my pet if he is dead. To be faire, exhilaration is far less useful now because either the pet is in no danger or his health drops so fast that the heal comes to late or only buys a few seconds. - two pet cooldowns are gone: misdirection (-35% damage) and last stand (+30% health). So even if I see high bust coming, I can’t do anything to save my pet. - The clefthoof is the best soloing pet by far due to the massive -10% damage reduction and 20% healing increased from leech, but his ability (-60% for 15 seconds) is actually useless for burst since it cannot be manually activated and autocasts on 40%, which means by the time it activates the pet is at 20% health, and the cooldown is wasted since the hunter is lucky if he gets 5 seconds out of it before the pet dies. Possible ideas - pet: - Increase pet health by a lot. Seriously, it's really needed. - Add several cooldowns for the pet to be used when there is burst damage. - Fixing leech would not solve it but it would help. - Limit the damage pets can take with one hit. Possible ideas - pet autocasting locked defensives (such as Thick Hide): - make it possible to manually activate cooldowns. The fact we couldn't do it and the double cooldown was a tradeoff with the increased effect compared to shell-shield type abilities (50%, 12 sec, 1 min CD), but right now it procs and the pet dies, so it's wasted. - make it activate on 60% or 50% health. - make it more responsive: it activates right before a hit would reduce the pet to less than 40% health (like some trinkets). Pet taunt: In the patch notes pet taunt was to be deactivated when entering a dungeon, but that is misleading. It is deactivated whenever the UNIT_PET trigger happens. So whenever you summon a pet, or you rez him (which is the moment you really want him to taunt immediately before you die of melee hits). Even if, after entering the dungeon, taunt is activated, it keeps deactivating. This is a pain when soloing dungeons and raids (even old ones, which as solo'd regularly for mounts and transmogs). I had to create both a macro and weakaura to circumvent the issue. Possible ideas: - add a simple "in group" or "has a tank in group" condition for the deactivation. - make taunt deactivate when entering a dungeon. - if we manually reactivate growl, keep it activated. Comments, analysis and tips This section is more for hunter than blizzard developpers, but contains some info. Weakauras and macros: For the pet Internal Cooldown on thick hide, since you can't add it to your action bar, I made a WA called Hunter pet ICD: https://wago.io/rJPUD5x47 For the pet taunt I made a WA called PetTauntInSolo, inspired by PetTauntInGroups: https://wago.io/S14_25gVQ. I also added in my kill command macro /petautocastoff [group] growl /petautocaston [nogroup] growl It's not ideal at all, but it's better than nothing while we hope it will be fixed. (Way less important than pet survivability though). Soloing thoughts: I believe I'll end up using a core hound for high-burst bosses and packs if nothing changes for Thick Hide. 10% damage is huge, as I discovered in Mythic+ solos, but when the pet dies too quickly it's less impactful. Not being able to switch Prydaz in dungeons is bad, but the engineering belt shield + shieldtronic shield (even for non-eng) can help a lot. Heal from health potion is way up too. Exhilaration benefits from leech - it heals for about 45% on the hunter. It makes up for the loss of healing on AotTurtle. Leech on hunter is good but not very powerful. Choose trinkets that increase your own damage if you want a bit more heal. Heroism is now a healing cooldown in combination with the 15% leech. You want binding shot for dungeons and posthaste for bosses, but binding shot is less reliable to rez your pet safely now. Pet pathing seems to have worsened, my pet doens’t teleport to me as often when he’s stuck. Azerite Power Ideas: In all the BM Azerite powers, there is nothing for pets. In legion we had a pet Legendary (Apex) and a pet talent (Aspect of the beast, -30% damage taken). It would be nice to have some pet utility traits. I have not thought at all about balance, so I have some ideas but don't take them as asking for that exact specific thing: - ideas I explained above could be baked in defensive azerite powers. Example: increases pet health by 50% of the hunter's health. - leech now heals both hunter and the pet equally for 100% of the damage they both deal. - Increases the effects of pet passives on pets by 100%. - Portion of the healing done to the hunter heals the pet. - While the hunter is above 50% health, 20% of the damage taken by the pet is redirected to him. When the hunter is below 50% health, 20% of the healing (not overhealing) taken by the pet is redirected to him. - Whenever you pet takes 35% of his health as damage in less than a second, he gains a shield that aborbs the rest of the damage, up to 35% of his health. 15 seconds internal cooldown. - 50% of the damage your pet takes is staggered over 10 seconds. - Your pet deals an takes 50% less damage but receives 100% more healing and generates 300% more aggro (makes the hunter more tank-like. Could be fun in dungeons). - your pet now has all 3 passive abilities (like Apex).Durendil7 18h
22h Please Save Hati! [BM Hunter] [EU] Greetings fellow hunters. This is to bring more attention to a US forum post here. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759638165?page=1 As well as give us on the EU forums a place to talk about it. Personally speaking I've grown quite fond of the little derp. Or should I say I've grown fond of having an extra derpy pet by my side named Hati. Because I'm sure like many of you I have had him permanently changed as soon I unlocked the option. I side more with the suggestions of making two active pets baseline for BM. Though at the same time I'd guess that part of the reason pet AI/path-finding took such a nosedive in Legion was down to programming two active pets. So maybe them reverting back to one is due to this issue. But anyway, your thoughts?Faolanhart52 22h
22h BfA Survival changes - YES!!! Wow, I almost fell off my chair today. Almost every suggestion and wish I had went through. The only melee ability is Raptor Strike which overided Mongoose Bite. You can still get Mongoose Bite if you talent for it. Wildfire Bomb and Serpent Sting being 2 new range abilities, which when both is on a target, if you talent for it, will cause a volatile nature dmg explosion - I wanted something like this. This makes survival into more or less a ranged spec. Considering during Burst window (Aspect of the Eagle) Raptor Strike becomes ranged. You realise during burst, YOU HAVE 0 MELEE ABILITIES. I don't know what to say. Wow :O This is nuts. But I'm excited. Now I can go back to survival from assa. Now I just hope they revamped pet talent tree. http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/hunter/survivalMadhatter72 22h
22h How is Survival in PvP? Ive always played hunter but want to try to main melee in BFA. I really like DK but because i always played hunter i might also pick Survival hunter. Now with the new Warmode, i was wondering how survival hunters are doing in (world) pvp. I can imagine a hunter running into a DK or warrior for example 1 on 1 the hunter will be destroyed pretty quickly and will heavily rely on selfheals, dodging and pets. I always see hunters as an “assisting” class and not a class that fights on the frontline like dk/warriors. I think a lot of players will instantly attack a hunter in Warmode but will think twice when going at a DK. These are my thoughts so correct me if im wrong. I havent played beta.Yzey11 22h
1d WoW pet Karkin (Obsidian Crab - Molten Front) bug? I like this pet because the Crab is probably one of the more unique models in the game, when I say his "updated form" (link below) I thought it looked great compared to the 3 pixels taped together. But now it has been turned into this Icy Blue look to it which just looks plain and boring. Does anyone else with this pet have the same problem? Is it just a bug or missed place crab colour put in the wrong pet? Orignal model - http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_pix/crabskindarkdiamond.jpg "Updated model" - http://www.wow-petopia.com/images/skin_pix/crab2_darkdiamond_default.jpg - The model we have now - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/235846410774249473/469219798115418113/B86Ur8bxZRnWAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.pngFrozengrip3 1d
1d Trick Shots not working? I dont know about anyone else, but ive tested my trick shots on the dummies at trueshot lodge, and the bears just outside it, and i get the Trick Shots buff, but when i consume it, it still only fires 1 aimed shot, or 1 stream of rapid fire? is this just me or everyone?Altísimo1 1d
1d [bug] serpent sting? just logged into live on my sv hunter. The Tier 2 Talent Hydrabite should let the serpent sting hit 2 additional nearby targets. The "nearby" is the problem here in my oppinion. Right now it hits only additional targets if they are basically standing withing each other. 3 meters away and the second target is no longer hit. On beta, the ability worked just fine hitting targets up to I think 8 meters away from your main target. I wonder if this is intended or indeed a bug.Gahana5 1d
1d BFA MM Hunter(keep going deep) Greetings, hunters. I wanna hear eu opinion about "NEW" mm hunter, coz on ru we almost all unhappy about MM in BFA. Do u think it’s good or horrible? I mean i tested it on beta and my opinion that is still turret with all physical dmg. It’s still pretty boring class with horrible "Core". What do u this about "Rapid Fire" ability? I found it pretty reta..ed? Why? Because as i said before this ability makes me feel like I play for turret class. That feels rly bad especially if u have a bow in your hands. Do u agree with only physical dmg? So that mean we still don’t doing dmg in heavy classes in pvp. Also, as we all know some classes get back their execute abilities. Do blizzard back them for hunters? Nope and I still don’t know why... we got this 2nd tear of talents with almost 0 chose. Of course almost everyone gonna take a "carefully aim" coz its really great talent for open and execute phase especially in PVE. However, what about open world and pvp? I think if blizz replace useless explosive shot to kill shot that would be great. Also, we got our good mechanic around aim shot with 12 sec cd and some procs which make us a little bit random specilization with random dmg. Don’t u think that lock and load should have more than 5% chance or 5 % with auto and our abilities to trigger it? This is last tear talent btw... In the end. Blizzard again make us a pretty boring specilization to play. I rly don’t care about my dmg in raids or pvp. I want to play interesting and fun to play spec. I wanna feel a class who bond with nature how it was in previous expansions (ofc not draenor and legion). I wanna back my spirits, mobility, decent def abilities and fun gameplay that was for me in pandaria or cata. What do u think about it guys? Btw sorry for my horrible English: D i hope u don’t break your mind while reading this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Саброкс40 1d
1d Pet Pathing Why does it appear impossible for Blizz to fix this problem. PVP suffers greatly as a BM hunter when you jump down from the GY to rescue your healer from a rogue only to find you pet is stuck in the GY. How is it good game play that I constantly have to dismiss and re summon my pet. Why is it i can cobra shot a player but there is no path for my pet to attack because there's a ledge.. The pet is integral to the spec. How about spending some money to fix this s#*t.Lugs6 1d
1d Thrill of the Hunt . Working...? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=257946/thrill-of-the-hunt the buf shows as it stacks but my characters critical strike chance is not going up ?Doogar2 1d
1d Hunter's Mark baseline Heyo, Hunter's Marks should be baseline or buffed/moved from its current location in the talent tree as i believe it will be a very unpopular pick because of Streamline which improves an ability usable while moving, or as AOE via Trick Shots and even as burst trough Double Tap. Advocating from a PvP stand point, of course, Hunter's Mark would have some success in Arenas/RBGs as the part which states "Target can always be seen... by the hunter" would create counter play and yet another magic buff that if not kept track off could have an impact :>.Mikefloryan3 1d
1d New MM is great! But weak. Im really into the new MM playstyle, though there are a lot of talents i dont really care for (especially the lvl 100 row), but overall i think the way it plays is great. My only problem with it : the actual output. as far as im aware, Demo lock is the only spec worse than MM right now, and i really want MM to be good, i dont want to feel pressured into playing something else, i just want strong single target damage. but then look at the logs for Varimathras Mythic, the best a MM hunter has done there is like what? 4.7k? compare that with ret paly at 7.2k. that difference is unreal. its astronomical. I under stand ret paly is an extreme example though, most other classes are around the 5.5-6.5k mark. so can MM please get a buff?Altísimo4 1d
1d Fenryr and aggro problems I have tried doing Fenryr, but seem impossible atm with the changes to aggro. My pet, even with misdirect, can't hold aggro. Fenryr ignores it after 3-5 seconds and runs after me. Feign Death does not reset aggro on him. Only for the Worgs he summons. Any input? I'm ilvl 206Wraethe7 1d
1d Can't change pet to Tenacity.... I've always been able to change my pets spec but now I no longer can. Anyone able to tell me what happened? tldr, mm hunter 110Maggelan3 1d
1d BM Hunter changes. Hello hunters, I would like to point out some things about the play style and consistency of this spec, specifically in high mythic+ and mythic raiding. The talent option for double pet really worries me and in recent QA they mentioned a possible return of Hati. My annoyance with secondary pet is hard to describe with words. Hati often ran back and forth from our target, got stuck on some random rock or just stood in place while we had dps cooldowns popping. I also understand that there are terrain issues with pets pathing as well, but how about we get some sort of teleport option for pets, something faster then dismissing? (Warlocks have leap for Imp). Now to clarify, i love Hunter class fantasy and the strong bond we have with beasts, i also enjoy pet management, therefore i endured through all the bugs and Hati's AI. I certainly hope it will be better in BfA. Besides that BM feels very clunky to play right now, both of our main cooldowns being on global and Chimera Shot as the best talent in row also made this spec very RNG based. I would love to play with Chimera Shot, but not as a talent of choice, perhaps we could get it as a base ability. I like the consistent damage and burst on demand that BM had without the need of praying to RNG gods like we did as MM in Legion. I see a lot of players are sad about Hati being gone, nothing that cannot be solved with simple cosmetic change though. I hope i'm not the only one concerned about the changes and would love to hear some constructive thoughts.Masti10 1d
1d BM tenacity pet - made of paper again what happened to my lovely pets, they are as weak as a wet paper bag again ... in the death of chromie scenario some of the silver mobs can 2 hit it where as before dumpling could have tank a couple of them forced back into using a turtle pet again .....Pranda5 1d
1d Survival kill command This may just be a simple technicality but i think the tooltip needs to be more clear, keep in mind that it only says "generates 15 focus" however it does not say what it is generating that focus for as it is the pet using the attack and not the hunter. now im pretty sure I and everyone else know its 15 for the hunter but the technicality of the tooltip is still there, as a comparison look at the Flanking strike tooltip which is very clear it is focus for both of you by stating "Generates 30 focus for you and your pet." And on that note: how about giving the focus to the pet aswell on kill command, you know you want to.Stallios1 1d
1d Pet Macros Need help with a macro I was wondering if anyone had made similar one; #showtooltip Master's Call(Cunning Ability); Survival of the Fittest(Tenacity Ability) /cast [target=mouseover,nodead,help] Master's Call /cast [target=player] Master's Call /cast Survival of the Fittest(Tenacity Ability) So this macro allows you to use one button for the Cunning Pet Special Ability Master's call and the Tenacity Pet Special Ability. However there is one problem. While if allows you to use both cool-downs it doesn't show the tooltip. Any suggestions to make this thing work?Carlyraejeps6 1d
2d Macro for pet Special and Family abilities Hi there, Does anyone know about a special macro for my pet's Special and Family abilities? Think like the Warlock's Command Demon spell, but then two of them. Having five different pet families coming along with me, I'd like to re-use two buttons with a macro, which captures the pet's Special and Family abilities. For example, I want the buttons to show the following per family: Family - Button 1 (Special Ability) - Button 2 (Family Ability) Mechanical - Defense Matrix - Master's call Turtle - Shell Shield - Survival of the Fittest ... and so on ... I already have devised macros for both (see below), but I'd still like to see a more convenient way provided by Blizzard. PetSpecial #showtooltip /cast [pet:Mechanical] Defense Matrix;[pet:Boar] Bristle;[pet:Core Hound] Obsidian Skin;[pet:Cat] Catlike Reflexes;[pet:Devilsaur] Feast;[pet:Turtle] Shell Shield Edit: just found out the pet Family is already taken care of by Blizzard. They introduced Command Pet: http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=272651/command-pet Now just one more for all the special abilities out there, Blizzard!Boomsey2 2d
2d Standard "I don't like the new talents" post I know the forums are full of these each expac/pre patch, here's mine. I love having 2 pets, don't like needing a talent which (can't be sure) is probably crap...my Ghost saber "phantom" can now team up with his brother "Ghost" which is fun. No blink strikes...I'm a sad panda Post haste on same tier as Binding shot???...2 of my favourite abiilties (I don't PvP, but i do like to solo things...well try to) Barrage??...I feel it's the only real choice on that level...might be wrong Dire focus, i took but I will guess chimera shot is better, don't like it though....personal opinion doesn't mean it's a bad set up. BLoodlust/Heroism baseline for Ferocity pets....no phoenix, kind of annoying again for soloing things I know i will have to get use to it, but maybe if enough people offer feedback, some changes might get madeArchermit0 2d
2d Best legendaries for Survival? 'ello. I'm quite fond of the new survival spec, but I'm hearing conflicting reports about what the best leggos for it are. I'm currently using the Zhevrim ring and Kil'Jaeden trinket. Are there any better options? Thanks!Zujan2 2d
2d BM GCD kills the specc In general I like the few new changes for BM. I like that currently chimera shot is meta and I have no problem with the dire frenzy playstyle. But having two gcds wasted for our burst feels so awful. I always liked BM for the fast paced "Melee in range"- style but currently it is so slow to play. Please, either merge the two abilities together, and buff BW or take one ability of the GCD.Vaijara3 2d
2d 8.0 MM Hunter PVP Montage - SGSAMI Hey Guys Back again this time with my STRONGEST Toon my MM Hunter now Hmm I HAVE No idea how i feel about BFA Pre Patch Hunters yes Arcane Shot is stronger but i feel like i lost so many good spells !! :( REST IN PIECE SIDE WINDER !!! :( END MEEE PS - Thank you for all the positive comments <3 Link !! -> https://youtu.be/p5tGh2JJCzkYoutbsgsami0 2d
2d [BM] PvP, share your experiences Casual Battleground solo Q'er, not a PvP elite, but I would like to see your experiences. When logging in yesterday I went out in to the new PvE zones to test my buttons, setup new macro's, fix WeakAuras, etc, all to adapt to what changed... Had multiple gang attempt on me by various rogues, demon hunters etc. and I recked most of them while those PvE heroes outgeared me. BM can now actually kite and do a bit of DMG! Feeling good about the spec. There weren't even alot of changes, but somehow feels so much better! In Battlegrounds the amazing Camouflage made the spec so much more fun (goes for all 3 specs btw). It really adds to the feel you're actually hunting :) BM felt strong here damage wise, it's nothing too crazy like i.e. a wariors burst, but it feels that it is where BM should be. I also felt I had the tools needed to get away from sticky situations and recover. The current healing of Spirit Mend certainly helps there, which is sometimes worth it to skip Master Call for... Please share your opinion on BM BG's, Arena's and World PVP.Trickshot5 2d
2d Best Horde race for hunter? As the title says what is the best looking horde race for hunter? Not too fussed with racials, im just planning in faction changing mine:)Banterus47 2d
2d Survival PvP After testing survival hunter in PvP for 2 days here is my biggest issues: CC to my pet stops Kill Command usage - Focus regeneration almost stops - Even without enemy focusing to CC my pet it takes AoE roots and fears - I feel twice as vulnerable because of CC to my pet impacts so much Damage - Feels like very low - This I hope will get better than in start of the Legion. PvP talents macro conditionals missing - I need too many different keybinds because I cannot macro multiple spells into one using PvP talent macro conditional Items - Moonlit Prism gives error message "You are not in correct specialization"Komisario0 2d
2d BM LoS Cant use kill command on pet unless i am in line of sight of target is this a bug?Fistmetonigh2 2d
2d MM BG fun Yo people. I find new MM really fun. I have a combo which deals absurd damage in random bgs and world pvp, which may get nerfed, so now is the time to enjoy it. Make sure u pick Careful Aim, Camouflage, Double Tap and Piercing Shot. Pop potions (both Prolonged power and Saltwater work in bgs now), double tap inside camouflage(it doesnt break it) and cast AiS. I have outright oneshotted clothies with that, on many others (excluding tanks and if people have multiple defensives activated) toss in that piercing Shot to finish it off (or cast another AiS if you can). You have this combo every minute. You can substitute Cam for Sniper Shot PvP talent to do the same from a safe spot. Peace.Capru7 2d
2d Companion and FD I noticed the pet summoned by Animal Companion does not feign death along with my regular pet, is this intended? Hati used to fd :sRattie0 2d
3d Where's my second companion ? Why can I summon a pet [companion] and get the second appear on one character .. and yet with the same setup on my other hunter .. the second companion doesn't appear ?Crysanía5 3d
3d Void elf steady shot animation Is it just me or does it indeed look truly awful? Like some weird ballerina prancing around with a stiff upper body and moving spaghetti legs lol. Almost making MM unplayable for me.Snorken3 3d
3d Serpent Sting animation Can we get glyph to change the small wooden crossbow into something cooler?Burninghunt3 3d
3d Bugged Animal Companion? Hi. So like everyone else, I've spent the past few hours fixing the talents and hotbars of all my characters, and I just (almost) finished my Hunter. Just got BM left to do. So here I go, wanting to try using Animal Companion. Fixed their order in the Stables so I'd get to have my Eagle pet get summoned as the extra companion. BUT whatever the heck I try doing (changing the order, relogging, respecing then going back to BM, stabling the damn thing) its always my Moose that keeps popping up... Except when I try summoning it as my main pet. But even then my bird doesn't show up, if any of my pets show up at all. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to just abandon it. Is this a known issue? Is it just the game trying to be funny with me by driving me insane? I just want my damn Bird as my extra pet, not the damn moose that's supposed to be tanking for me. Please help :(Krevlar3 3d