Hunter

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
17 Feb [Guide] In-Depth Survival Guide Introduction When Legion launched, Survival specialization was changed to melee and given an entirely new tool kit. But this you probably already know, however it is still a new specialization, with many different guides on the net offering contradictory advice. Parts of this guide follows the precedent set by Icy-Veins.com's Survival guide (shoutout to Azortharion), however especially the Rotation section varies significantly. I've been playing purely Survival since launch and currently raiding with the spec as well. At the moment it is widely considered to be the weakest of the 3 hunter specs, and while that might be true, a large part is the inherent complexity of the rotation. So lets get started! Ability Overview: Mongoose Bite[MgB]: Main damage dealing ability, with 3 charges that applies a 12 second buff increasing all further MgB damage by 50% per stack. Stacks up to 6 times but the buff does not refresh. Is the baseline for the DPS windows covered in the Rotation segment. 12 Seconds CD affected by Haste. No focus cost. Mastery: Hunting Companion[M:HC]: The bread, butter and bane of Survival hunters. Gives your pet's special attacks a chance to grant an additional charge of MgB. 500 Mastery equals 1% pet procc chance. Explosive Trap[ET]: A hefty damage dealer with a 12 second cooldown (After Talents and Traits). Damage is split between the initial burst and a lasting DoT. AoE. No focus cost. Flanking Strike[FS]: Solid damage with a 6 second base cooldown affected by haste. Double chance of proccing M:HC. Costs 50 Focus. Lacerate[Lac]: DoT with 12 seconds duration and 10 seconds cooldown. Costs 35 Focus. Dragonsfire Grenade[DfG]: AoE ability with split damage between burst and DoT. Long cooldown of 30 seconds. Recommended talent (See Talents). No focus cost. Throwing Axes[TA]: Talent. Main filler ability, 2 charges with 15 seconds cd affected by haste. Quickly throws 3 axes, good both melee ranged. Fury of the Eagle[FotE]: Artifact Power. Damages in a cone and is channeled for 4 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Is affected by the damage buff from MgB and also increases the duration of the MgB buff by 4 seconds. Is now on global cooldown after the content patch containing Emerald Nightmare. Carve: Filler AoE. Low on damage, but better than nothing. Can be replaced by Butchery (See Talents), which is not recommended. Costs 40 focus. Harpoon: 5-40 yard range charge mechanic. 20 seconds cooldown. Raptor Strike[RS]:Purest trash, probably tied for worst in the game. Does around 10% of the damage your other abilities does, even after unavoidable Artifact damage increases. Should only ever be used when everything else is on CD. Costs 25 focus.DPS Cooldown Overview: Aspect of the Eagle[AotE]: Primary dps cooldown. Gives an additional 25% chance for your pet to procc MgB charges and increases all damage done by 30% with Aspect of the Skylord Artifact trait. Lasts 10 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. Snake Hunter[SH]: Talent. Instantly grants you 3 charges of Mongoose Bite. 1.5 minutes cooldown. Note that it gives new charges, not stacks of the buff.Pet Overview The nature of our Mastery means there are two significant factors about your pet. Firstly the pet should be specced Tenacity, since it gives an extra AoE attack that can procc M:HC. Secondly it should come from one of three pet families: Either Scorpid for [Deadly Sting], Riverbeast for [Gruesome Bite] or Carrion Bird for [Bloody Screech]. Which of these three doesn't matter. The reason for this is that they count as extra special attacks and can procc M:HC. Talents Tier 1: Throwing Axes is the clear choice here, giving decent damage and works as a good filler. Animal Insticts applies a random buff for 7 seconds every FS, however neither 10% Haste nor Mastery is particulary useful, and the 33% chance to get 30% increased movement speed is downright bad. Way of the Mok'Nathal is a talent I've seen a few guides recommend, and it's good - On paper. This talent is bad, the primary problem being the incredibly low damage of RS, and having to get 4 RS off AND reapply one every 8 seconds is a huge waste of DPS. Testing this talent and maintaining the buff currently costs me around 55% of my dps. Bad idea. Tier 2: 3 interesting talents, however SH is completely necessary to achieving 6 stacks of MgB consistently, so there's no competition. The others are good, but not essential, unlike SH. Tier 3: Choice is between [Farstrider] and [Posthaste] although if you want 3 more seconds of Aspect of the Cheetah it won't matter that much. Personally use [Farstrider] for better combat mobility, since I play a gnome and [Escape Artist] allows me to escape roots. Either works. Tier 4: 2 of these talents provide some nice PvP utility, the last one is a strong PvE boost. Improved Traps is the choice for the 50% cd reduction on ET, no discussion really. Tier 5: 3 PvP utility talents (Sticky Bombs deal no damage). Personally use Camouflage because I'm trying to convice the Rogues to let me into their secret class hall. (No luck yet) Tier 6: AoE Tier. Actually used Butchery to great success early Legion, but the long cooldown and only 3 charges meant that you'd be out of AoE after the first mob group since it completely removes Carve. DfG provides a nice single target DoT as well as spread damage to go with ET. Serpent Sting sadly falls way behind the other two in damage output. Tier 7: First talent [Spitting Cobra] allows for increased focus regen and a bit of damage. Since Survival is not focus starved it's hardly relevant. [Aspect of the Beast] is useless since our pet is specced Tenacity anyway and having it reducing 15% damage is rather pointless. [Expert Trapper] is the way to go.Fizzlesticks17 17 Feb
36m ToS gear wishlist and MM T20 set 4 pieces bonus value Hi guys, Before going any further in the reading please keep in mind that what follows is based on assumptions on how things will work in the next patch. Things can change! Also I'm not entirely sure that the stats on the new ToS pieces of gear from Wowhead are accurate. I'm MM and don't raid in mythic, hence the heroic pieces of gear. So here is my Tomb of Sargeras gear wishlist : http://www.wowhead.com/item=147142/wildstalker-helmet&bonus=1808:3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=147014/locket-of-splintered-souls&bonus=3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=147139/wildstalker-chestguard&bonus=3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=147047/gauntlets-of-spiteful-haunting&bonus=3562 Which will add to my current gear (minus the boots which I aint got yet...) and do : http://www.wowhead.com/item=147142/wildstalker-helmet&bonus=1808:3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=147014/locket-of-splintered-souls&bonus=3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=134480/epaulets-of-deceitful-intent&bonus=1727 http://www.wowhead.com/item=138368/eagletalon-cloak&bonus=3516 http://www.wowhead.com/item=147139/wildstalker-chestguard&bonus=3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=137405/remorseless-chain-armbands&bonus=1727 http://www.wowhead.com/item=147047/gauntlets-of-spiteful-haunting&bonus=3562 http://www.wowhead.com/item=137081/war-belt-of-the-sentinel-army&bonus=3530 http://www.wowhead.com/item=138344/eagletalon-legchains&bonus=3516 http://www.wowhead.com/item=137033/ullrs-feather-snowshoes&bonus=3530 My rings and trinkets will remain the same for the moment (unless I finally get the unstable arcanocrystal) as I couldn't find better in the current ToS gear list from Wowhead. http://www.wowhead.com/item=147020/scaled-band-of-servitude&bonus=3562 is pretty good but my current rings, even if it was 900 ilvl, have more mastery or have crit (crit > haste) Regarding the new legendary class related ring, since I'm more a mythic+ runner than a raider the belt is a huge buff for me, and the ring is not as good as the boots, to me at least, so I will pass on it. I think. Finally, in regards of the relics, I will obviously go for the highest ilvl. So, to sum : - 2 T19 pieces (cloak and legs) (I've heard the T19 bonuses are going to be nerfed so I'll see) - 2 T20 pieces (head and chest) - COS/ARC set - current gear (minus the ToS gloves and neck mentioned above) Why only 2 T20 pieces and not 4? As a reminder the T20 set bonuses for MM are (AT THE MOMENT) : 2 pieces : "Aimed shot reduces the cast time and the focus cost of your next Aimed shot by 20%" 4 pieces : "Casting 2 Aimed shot in a row increases your critical strike DAMAGE by 15% for 6 sec" First thing, keep in mind that, to benefit from the 4 pieces bonus, you will have to cast 2 Aimed shots IN A ROW. Which can be a problem in the beginning if this is not the way you play the build atm. Ok now let's decompose the MM trickshot spec single target common rotation from pull (by common I mean out of trueshot or/and BL which can sometimes, on pull especially, permit 3 aimed shots within a vulnerable window) excluding LnL procs (the way I play it at least, which could be wrong but whatever if I play it wrongly or not this is pretty much the way you will have to play it to benefit from the T20 set 4 pieces bonus mentioned above if you decide to go for it) and revise the cast times and the GCD : - Windburst - Aimed shot x2 - Arcane shot - Marked shot - Arcane shot - Aimed shot x2 - Arcane shot x2 - Marked shot - Arcane shot - Aimed shot x2 - Arcane shot x2 - Windburst - Arcane shot - Aimed shot x2 - Arcane shot x2 - Marked shot - Arcane shot - Aimed shot x2 etc Windburst = 1.5sec cast (reduced by haste) (triggers GCD as well obviously but it is "absorbed" by the cast time) Aimed shot = 2sec cast (reduced by haste) (triggers GCD as well obviously but it is "absorbed" by the cast time) Arcane shot = instant but triggers GCD (1.5sec reduced by haste) Marked shot = instant but triggers GCD (1.5sec reduced by haste) Now if we apply the cast times and GCD to the rotation we have (roughly) : - Windburst (cast = let's say ~1.2sec) - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec, ~1.5+~1.2 thanks to the 2 pieces bonus) - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Marked shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec) - Arcane shot x2 (GCD = let's say ~2.4sec) - Marked shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec) - Arcane shot x2 (GCD = let's say ~2.4sec) - Windburst (cast = let's say ~1.2sec) - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec) - Arcane shot x2 (GCD = let's say ~2.4sec) - Marked shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec) And I'm being optimistic as, with 12% haste, my Aimed shot cast time is ~1.8sec. Now let's see if our next 2 Aimed shots fit into these 6sec of buff (these 2 aimed shots being our main concern for dps, who cares about 15% crit damage increase on Arcane and Marked shot since they represent less than 5/10% of our overall damages in ST, right?) : - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec) 4 pieces bonus TRIGGERS - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Marked shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Arcane shot (GCD = let's say ~1.2sec) - Aimed shot x2 (cast = let's say ~2.7sec) 1.2+1.2+1.2+2.7 = ~6.3 They don't therefore, only one potentially does. ONLY on pull on top of that, since, as you could see, I, at least, have to add an additional Arcane shot to the rotation, to have enough focus, afterwards. Which then makes no Aimed shot benefit from the buff. Moreover, all this estimation was based on a Patchwerk like fight in which you don't have to move at all, your rotation and focus management are perfect, you don't have any latency and a ton of haste. Now imagine in a fight requiring movement... Also keep in mind that this 15% crit damage increase is far from being a big buff and obviously only applies on crit strikes, which represents around ~30/40% of the time "only" (depending on your crit chance) Finally, giving up on the 4 pieces bonus would allow me to keep my COS/ARC set (which provides ~8% crit chance for 15sec/~min) and go, as listed in the beginning of this post, 2 T19 pieces (cloak and legs), 2 T20 pieces (head and chest) and, as said right above, COS/ARC set. Now we have seen the cons let's talk about the pros anyway : - potentially extremely efficient combined with Trueshot and Bloodlust (on condition that you crit obviously) - good combination with LnL - good combination with legendary gloves (as you are more likely to fit your 2 Aimed shots in the 6sec buff window, even though as seen above it looks pretty impossible, since your second Aimed shots can be cast while moving) Please let me know what you guys think about all of this.Headshotbaby6 36m
1h Rate the transmog above you! V6 The old thread has reached it's limit. To next person: My bow is invisible! It's a plain light brown vanilla bow, suppose it's buried in wow history. :DAntler123 1h
2h Feign Death Is bugged !!! Plz fix it !!!Hunteroulaki0 2h
2h Combat Ally What combat ally is best for world pvp? What combat ally is best for pve?Etherlords3 2h
5h Rate the hunter and pet names above you They have these threads on every forum, so I feel we should have one too. To make it more fun and hunterish, lets rate the name of your main pet as well. :) Like this: hunter name ?/10 and pet name ?/10 My main pet is a white corehound named Omen.Antler33 5h
10h Marksman shots suck I'm doing 400 every second with arcane shot, can move, instant. Aimed shot does 600, 2 sec cast, have to stand still. Do you have ANY idea how unmotivated I am to use aimed shot? I just wait for lock&load to proc so I get 2 instant aimed shots... Sure you get a 25-50-75% dmg bonus with vulnerable hunters mark buff, but that's a raid ability, totally useless when questing and in BGs. Look, this is what you need to do: And don't take this literally, this is just a rough idea. A) Make arcane shot cost 30 focus. MM has 120 focus, that's 4 shots. Every arcane shot will give you 1 lock and load stack, which reduces the cast time of aimed shot by 25%. Critical arcane shots give twice as many lock and load stacks. These lock and load stacks can also be altered with talents to either bounce off the target and hit a nearby enemy, or increase the crit strike chance of it. So, if you don't crit, you get to pop 4x arcane shots and then use one instant free aimed shot, which has some special chain or crit bonus. Or, if aimed shot crits, it refunds some focus, allowing you to go back to arcane shots. B) Bring back focus cost for multishot, could be 40-50 and dazes targets. Critical hits refund focus. Also, hitting additional targets with multishot refunds 5-10 focus per target. Now it matters what you shoot at, and when, how you position yourself. No more brainless spamming allowed. Spamming multishot free is just stupid. Since it's more challenging and comes with focus cost: buff the dmg! C) Buff the dmg difference between aimed and arcane shot! Aimed shot should be naturally by default way higher than arcane shot. If arcane is 500, costs 30 focus, instant, then aimed shot costing 50 focus with a 2sec use time during which you can't move, the dmg ought to be at least 1500. Currently MM feels so stupid, just spam spam spam waiting for some procs, focus doesn't even matter AT ALL...Solídsnake4 10h
11h BM Mage Tower question Yes I know people say it's dead easy :-) I still have to get used to doing that, the problem I have is this....the interrupts....I understood that you need to use the frost trap as a second interrupt? How does that work, since what I noticed was when I used that on him....my pet still ended up dead right after that....does he need to be trapped for a while? Since damage does remove the trap, do I need to change targets (eggs/works) before I do this? Plus, won't beast cleave resolve the trap as well? I have to say, I hardly use these traps....in Mythic + people don't pay attention to these CCs, so I end up not using it a lot :-).Orela8 11h
11h Boosted a Hunter to 100 - Learning Survival Ive boosted a hunter to 100 because Ive finally had it in with Shadow for the time. Near as Ive managed to figure: Mongoose Strike is primary damage. Try never to let it have more than 2 stacks as procs will be wasted. Best time to begin unloading is 2 stacks with maybe 5 seconds left on CD with maybe 40 or 50% energy remaining. Lacerate 100% up time. Flank attack the energy burn during Mongoose Strike burn. Raptor Strike is the "Ive got nothing else" button. Aspect of the Eagle on Mongoose burn. Fury of the Eagle is good on single target if no Mongoose strike is available, if Flanking strike is not available and if you have at least 4 stacks. Explosive trap on CD. Presumable, Way of the Mok'Nathal than adds a need to maintain 4 stacks at all times.Talshere6 11h
19h [survival] traps & ranged abilities Trinkets like Icon of Rot proc off 'ranged attacks'. Does survival have any abilities that make it proc? Throwing Axes I guess, what about traps?Xiànjing3 19h
22h Returning Player - How's Solo PvP as a hunter? (BG's) Afternoon All, I'm contemplating playing again after a short break (read: haven't played since Dec 2016), and wanted everyone's opinion on how much fun any of the hunter specs (less so BM, not a fan) are to play in solo instanced (BG) PvP? Particularly curious about survival and whether it's strong solo, but any thoughts welcomed. For clarity; I don't touch Arenas or WPvP nor RBG's as all 3 were extremely cancerous and incredibly sensitive to the sweeping % class changes Blizzard now seems to have replaced actual mechanic changes with last I checked. Any thoughts appreciated; spec, viability or 'don't bother its a bag of !@#$' all welcome :) CheersFlighted1 22h
1d PvP: How come.. Some ppl just never go Down??? (playing my hunter ilvl 870 pve) I had this restoshaman... couldnt evenburst him Down below 70%, 1 heal and he was back up.. This Paladin who obviously just did instaspells and seemed to have 4x BoF to jerk of With.. Warriors who...well.....i dont really know where to begin.... In random bg every1 is scaling Equal right? OR is pvp just so friggin unbalanced atm??Elamandri4 1d
1d Why mastery value is so low for surv hunter? Why is our mastery value so low, even though it resets the cooldown of our strongest hitting ability?Jinmori5 1d
1d DPS-spec w/ 4-set and profile Hi! Have a look at my profile if you want to advice me. I just yesterday got 4-setbonus and Nightblooming-trinket. Im about as proficient in all three specs when it comes to playstyle and optimize them to about 90%, i'd say. With 4-set and this trinket, and my current gear, which spec would yield the best result for me in mythic+ and raid encounters? My weapons are all fairly equal at 39-40+ traits and around ilvl 905. Any advice would be appriciated!Terapeuten6 1d
1d Taming Fenryr - survival hunters Hi, just wanted to ask - is taming fenryr anyhow possible for survival hunters now? I have never played BM much, so i can't switch specs to get him. Ofc my ilvl is still too low to really try and i have to gear up a bit more first, but i have a feeling that our pets are just not tanky enough for this yet. I would love to hear any advice from you who have tried, successfully or not :)Fänrien6 1d
2d BM Hunter DPS Raids? Hi. How do you feel BM Hunter is in raids. Are you mostly at the bottom of the DPS statistics in the raids when it comes to damage bosses. Is it that BLIZZARD has reduced everything regarding BM Hunter? What did you other think this?Asagård19 2d
2d MM HUNTER THOUGHT Hello guys i just wanted to ask why blizzard (or mm class designers ) hate us so much? we had a crappy- clunky rotation... (with average to low dps {according to logs}) and now you're goin to nerf us furthermore, why so hate Vulnerability down to a baseline of 30% instead of 100%...so that's 70% damage loss right out the gate. Rank 8 of Unerring Arrows is now...24% instead of 80%. So that's another 56% damage lost. Blizz, listen. If you're trying to stop people from enjoying marksmanship, just say it. We can handle it, just stop giving us these sack-taps until we quit and you remain free and clear. I mean, first you crucified us in the Vulnerability department with it now being a slowly-ramping thing that is reset with each and every marked shot and a damage loss, then you shaft Patient Sniper... Just give it to us straight.Elisra15 2d
2d Wtf Blizzard nerfed BM again! Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator) Beast Mastery Jaws of Thunder (Rank 1) Kill Command has a 10% 8% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 2) Kill Command has a 20% 16% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 3) Kill Command has a 30% 24% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 4) Kill Command has a 40% 32% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 5) Kill Command has a 50% 40% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 6) Kill Command has a 60% 48% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 7) Kill Command has a 70% 56% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Jaws of Thunder (Rank 8) Kill Command has a 80% 64% chance to deal an additional 50% of its damage as Nature damage. Pack Leader (Rank 1) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 5%. 3%. Pack Leader (Rank 2) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 10%. 6%. Pack Leader (Rank 3) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 15%. 9%. Pack Leader (Rank 4) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 20%. 12%. Pack Leader (Rank 5) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 25%. 15%. Pack Leader (Rank 6) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 30%. 18%. Pack Leader (Rank 7) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 35%. 21%. Pack Leader (Rank 8) Increase damage dealt by Kill Command by 40%. 24%. I can't take it anymore, there no fair play, unsubing.Jyjtjts33 2d
2d Pets stuck a lot.... I don't know why, but it feels like they get stuck more than before. That is just the feeling I got with it, e.g. start of Upper Karazan, but I am not sure yet if it's random....I just notice I have to dismiss them a lot in dungeons lately....why they don't seem to fix that stuff? Here is an idea.... Esp. PvE, can't they make dismiss a pet INSTANT, and if you summon the SAME pet as before, resummoning it is INSTANT too, if it's a different pet, then it's cast time.....for me that would make perfect sense and resolve these annoying issues.....having to rely on macros to resolve these broken pets for me is not acceptable to be quite honest :-)Orela0 2d
3d Bow string color and loading/cast animations... So when are you finally going to fix the bright white laser beam bow strings and make them take on the color of the bow again like they used to in vanilla and TBC? You barely saw them, so they didn't ruin the older skinny models... Also why are most aimed shot cast/loading animations still just a static empty bow held up in the air for 2+ seconds? Why are auto shots still cancelling the few animations we actually get to see? FYI when using a certain software to change the current aimed shot spell ID to an older auto-shot ID (145759), you'll see way more successful animations with almost no interruptions, you know like a game in 2017 should actually look and feel...Recondo0 3d
3d Post your legendary story Hi! I just got Shadow Hunter's Voodo Mask and then proceeded to delete my hunter. Have a nice day. /end ventKarned11 3d
4d Help! Low DPS BM Hunter I`m asking you for advice dear fellow hunters. I think my equipment isn't bad and I also had luck with my legendaries (or at least I think so). Still, I'm not happy with my DPS output. It stays around 6K and I do not understand why. Do you have any suggestions for me concerning a) equipment b) talent build c) pet selection Any advice for my rotation? I already use weak auras for cooldown management, but still...... I'd be happy for any tip you might be able to giveSolara15 4d
4d MM Hunter Stealth Firstly, I know we have Camo... but it isn't baseline nor is it true stealth! Secondly, I absolutely agree it has the propensity to be massively OP'd... But, given how weak MM is in PVP I could see a form of stealth really working with this build... Vulnerability - Move it from a taget de-buff to a buff become untargetable/reduce dmg for a few secs, as well as boosting dmg in line with current boost - thus giving a bit more survivability Camo - baseline for MM, turn it into a weaker form of Stealth... i.e. slightly longer CD (but much better than now) perhaps 20s Disengage - change level 75 Camo talent to give disengage a "vanish" buff... though to prevent OP, i think you would come out of stealth after 5s I've always seen MM Hunters as being hidden sniper like character... and this fits quite well with that playstyle. Plus: - We don't have the outright survivability of just about any other class - We can't kite like we once could (i remember trying to kill a hunter on my Ret back in WOTLK... didn't get close) - We're not the glass cannon - well kinda, we're definitely made of glass...Zephyie3 4d
5d Survival Spec idea I know some like survival spec is now melee but I know some don't like it as well so I had an idea after playing Zul'jin on HoTS. What if they had a talent that allow them to use throw axes instead of melee, so they kind of become a short range hybrid class that throws axes for their basic attacks?Hemka1 5d
5d Best Horde race for hunter? As the title says what is the best looking horde race for hunter? Not too fussed with racials, im just planning in faction changing mine:)Banterus22 5d
5d PVP pet Hi, May i ask for advice for what pet (exotic) is a good allrounder for BG? I have Terropene turtle, spirit Wolf and a lion. And also what pet specc ? I may need a pet with mortal Strike ability or a spider? thanks for advice :)Qunny1 5d
5d Need help with raiding performance Dear fellow players, hunters, First of all; thanks for reading this post and for the huge pile of worthy information you’ve shared on this forums that helped me a lot during my play-time on wow. Until recently I’ve teamed up with old guildies and started raiding again. I’ve been playing wow on and off for periods of time, actually from MOP until Legion. All the while I’ve been playing pretty casual and apart from heroic dungeons, LFR and a normal raid now and then I haven’t been very active with PVE. When I resubbed to wow and picked up where I left on my hunter (lvld it to 110 at launch, then switched to casually playing DH havoc) I immideately dived in to m+ and LFR to get better gear a.s.a.p. so I could raid with my guildies again. My guildies by the time already cleared NH normal and progressed through NH hc on 4th boss. By the time they were at Tich I joined them for the first time and they carried me through NH. Now, a few weeks later, I’ve acquired my 4-set, and I’m currently wearing the following lego’s: Ullrs and Kill’jaedens. My ilvl is 898 equipped and I just finished 4/4 Unerring Arrows from the new 7.2 bracked of traits, my artifact lvl is 39. Furthermore, I’m a trick-shot (got my rotations from icy veins) marksman hunter. Here’s a link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Rebelíon/simple The reason why I’m posting this are my bad DPS and my survivability. I’m very unhappy with my overall performance when I compare it to the performances I had during my times in MOP. I used to be the top DPS with the best survivability. Nowadays I can barely pull 500k with my current gear set-up and I constantly die from not positioning well. This last this is, in my opinion, a matter of knowing the bosses in the encounters and learning how to position, given the fact that mm hunters mobility isn’t very great. Now I take in account the fact that I’m fairly new to the current raids and I consider myself a noob in this area. But still I feel like there must be some issue in my performance that I’m not seeing thru and perhaps you guys do… Here is a link to my last performance on NH hc which I’m very, VERY, unhappy about… https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jP48mHDanKxc7d9R Thanks for reading and best regards, Rebelíon, Silvermoon EURebelíon51 5d
6d Severe MM hunter PVP nerfs on new ptr notes So seems like MM was so op in PVP that they had to make scatter shot to replace bursting shot effectively removing one cc entirely from their toolkit. On top of that they nerfed the cooldown of scatter shot. I don't write to forums usually but these changes are getting so retarded. Seriously blizzard are you playing your own game?Starfury4 6d
6d How are survival hunters right now. I have a long weekend off work coming up and i thought would be a perfect time to try a new class / race. How are Survival Hunters at the moment??Prystale68 6d
18 May how to play a sv hunter? Some experienced player could tell me how to play a sv hunter effectively? Really, this spec is so much harder then the other 2, all the dots, the buffs you have to keep up, i know the basics, but if someone could tell me something a bit more advanced i would like to hear it.Jinmori14 18 May
18 May MM Hunter weak in PvP? Been pumping all my AP into my MM hunter whilst doing BGS but gotten tired of it. I simply can't deal with melee. I love kiting and the challenge it presents but i can't escape from DH's, Warriors, rogues, feral, Ret. They all seem to have more gap closers, snares, slows than i have tools to combat them. Even from max range and a warrior for example is fighting someone else and i use him as a dps dummy target i barely do damage to them. I haven't gone near arena yet but what from what i hear MM are bad there. I would have been happy if they were good at BGs. Should i abandon MM and maybe go survival ( BM is boring) or focus on my warlock or mage? CheersPhasara14 18 May
17 May PLZ NERF They're super over powered! It's really not fair right now, they don't even need to play, let their pet get 2.4k rating for them, piss in the !@#.Xenikel7 17 May
17 May Anxiety separation (PVP) Hey! I have two questions: 1) Does anyone know if it's possible to make a macro so that my pet attack only the target it is currently attacking while I attack someone else. I mean I would like to throw kill command on his target while I'm on another. I precise that I don't want it to be focus target macro since I want to use it in bg which would make it hard to use I think. 2) Does anxiety separation build still good as BM in pvp? Thanks for your time!!Nallatt6 17 May
17 May Item Set Bonus Changes Item - Hunter T19 Survival 2P Bonus Flanking Strike now has 3 2 times the normal chance to trigger Hunting Companion. Item - Hunter T19 Survival 4P Bonus When Mongoose Fury reaches 6 applications, you gain 20% 15% increased damage to all abilities for 10 sec. Why nerf? WTFNepomrd10 17 May
16 May They're Reverting All 7.2.5 BM Changes! + More. I know I'm not alone when I say I couldn't be happier. http://eyesofthebeast.com/2017/04/its-happening-beast-mastery-gets-its-best-changes-yet-in-7-2-5/ Giving Dire Beast/Frenzy 2 charges baseline was a much needed change. I can tell you as someone who was lucky enough to get the shoulders pretty quickly after they were added that this really does improve the fun of the spec. It cuts the downtime by a large amount & makes the spec feel overall more active. Plus those of you without the shoulders won't be as screwed over. Hati it getting some improvements that he/she has needed from day one. He/she should now be legitimately usefully & keep up with your main pet. Pretty much we'll lose a lot less damage when we need to switch targets than we have. As a bonus Aspect Of The Wild will reduce the global cooldowns of all damaging abilities by 0.2 seconds. Meaning less wasted Focus. Overall these are much needed changes & as I've said I couldn't be happier. It feels good when Blizz listens to good community feedback.Faolanhart22 16 May
16 May My new main Hi, I just wanted to share this. I was really digging ret paladin, thought it should be my main. I don't have the Legion expansion, but alas, I wanted to level up a hunter as an alt. Little did I know, I was so caught up with the entire "taming animals" and all. Was very lucky to get Skoll within half a day and other rare pets like the spirit bear and others. I just went into Tanaan Jungle today and was blown away with the Iron Horde Wolf. Even though Skoll is cool and all, I am so much in happy-mode over have caught this iron wolf.. It is freaking amazing looking with it's armor and such. I even switched from Lone Wolf to Careful Aim just to be able to use it as a Marksman hunter. So from a former paladin, I am now a proud main Hunter!Savagë1 16 May
15 May PTR question I ask for answers bout ptr. Havent time to download and play ptr yet. It seems dps could be same on ptr as on live. (BM) They nerfin alot but that one more charge of dire frenzy could get dps to same as spot we are right now. Also MM seems to no be pusnishing alot mistakes in rotation. Thanks for response....and what bout my mog do you like that one?Inaros3 15 May
15 May Best leg. for single target (Surv). What´s in your opinion best single legendary for ST except Cotw. I have every leg. except Sephuz and Burning Wish and still using healing legs for agi and haste.Nepomrd4 15 May
15 May An enormous QoL change for hunters You know what I would really like to see in the future? An overhaul of the pet system: An appearance tab for pets. Get rid of the stable. No more stable slots. Give hunters 5 pet slots (less at lower levels of course) and then let them apply any pet appearance they have collected (tamed) to those 5 pets. Pet skills There would still be 3 specs. Same as they are now; Ferocity, Tenacity and Cunning. These apply a base set of stats to your pet that fit the chosen spec. Now... these specs have a default selection of skills, for those players who don't want to mess around too much. But then there are the active skills. Every pet should have an equal amount (let's say 5) of skills they can have assigned to them. These skills are of course based on all the different skills that pets have available now (plus totally new ones). These skills are all contained in the pet skill book and you apply them to your pet. So basically you would apply an appearance and a name to your pet, pick it's spec and its skills and you're good to go. BM hunters would get exotic skills as an extra feature of their spec. These would not be available for the other specs. Perhaps certain appearances could be flagged as exotic too and only be available for them, but maybe it's time to share those awesome looks with our non-BM hunter brothers and sisters. After all, we will have pets with special exotic skills. With this system every hunter can use the appearance he or she prefers and not be limited by what that pet can do. It's all very customizable. What are people's thoughts on such a system?Tahra9 15 May
14 May Pet special ability macro! Hey guys im looking for a macro that say if i have my spirit beast out it casts heal, if i have crane out it casts sleep etc, any idea how to do it or if its possible?Mintbunny12 14 May
14 May What spec should I pick for 7.2.5? I'm starting to level my hunter and wonder in which spec I should invest most time. I do not like the MM and more on BM and SV so is there any info about 7.2.5 buffs this spec's?Hichiro4 14 May
14 May Fenryr doest spawn Hello last night after work i Killed Heymdall and went to sleep today i went back there and killed Fenryr after few pulls and the tamable Fenryr doesnt spawn for me i try with soft reset of the istance and nothing change he is still mising . the worst thing is that u need like 30 min to open a ticket with the new support UI u cant really find what u looking for in there and the wait time is 4 days gg blizzZeek16 14 May
13 May Dark sides of Beast Mastering Yes we all know about the lows of bm spec. I'd like to point out some features though; -This associations with snakes Why? Why a beast master should focus on throwing snakes? Is he the evil one of the hunters? -Artifact Appearances To me, sadly every single one of the artifact appearances don't fit. We already have a bow shaped Titanstrike, give us some not involving gnome technology. Yeeeeah I can mog ik -The last Artifact Trait I managed to avoid my entire wow life undesired aoe effects, and this one is forced -The Big Missing Link in the chain Spirit beasts! Beastmaster is all about spirit beasts guys! More class features about this, not on snakesIndìgo14 13 May
13 May Hati's Lightning Color Just a small suggestion, might not go anywhere... Would it be an option to have the lightning on Hati change in color, depending on the color of the artifact weapon we are using? A selection of four or five colors would do nicely. If I don't like the blue lightning on green pets for example, I can pick another artifact appearance with more green (if I unlocked it) and the lightning would automatically swap to green. I can see why toggling of the lightning would not be an option, for pvp clear view on which pet is which etc. But having some color options would be a massive improvement. Because for me at least, that lightning can be terribly annoying on a pet that doesn't fit the color of it.Laynah0 13 May
12 May Weapon illusion for hunters. Hi everyone. I want to try that Blizzard put weapon illusion for hunters on his range weapons (bow, crossbow...). One idea is that the illusion were on arrows for example. I don't like that hunters are the only one class that can't put illusion on his weapons. Let's try to change it! I made a change.org so everything helps here! https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-illusion-for-hunter-weapons (Sorry for my english :P)Krâyta1 12 May
12 May Cobra Commander Was looking over my logs for a recent Nighthold HC. In this raid there were 2 hunters, myself and one other. Both of us had similar gear levels and the same talent build, which was reflected in our damage and dps being almost equal. The only separating factor was the damage from Cobra Commander. On Skorpyron, logs show I cast 71 Cobra Shots, resulting in 8 procs of Cobra Commander. These 8 procs produced a total damage of 2.32m, from 71 ticks. The 2nd hunter cast just 68 Cobra Shots, resulting in a slightly higher 11 procs of Cobra Commander. The big difference is that these 11 procs went on to produce 139 ticks of damage, totaling 4.78m damage. Was a similar situation on Chronomatic Anomoly. My 53 shots produce 7 procs, generating 37 ticks of damage. Other hunter cast 57 shots, with15 procs but 138 ticks of damage. Am I missing something obvious with how to maximize the damage from Cobra Commander? As I understood it, its a fixed % chance to proc and the damage isn't effected my BM Mastery either. Can't quite see why my Cobra Commander procs produce so few ticks of damage in comparison. Any suggestions?Barklees2 12 May
11 May Shrinking Hati?! Heya guys, I'd love some feedback on this weird thing that happened on my hunter! I've noticed that many hunters are running around with pets in different sizes, even after [Essence Swapper] been used on Hati. Well, anyhow I decided to try out the [Glyph of Lesser Proportion] on one of my own pets on my hunter... I put the glyph in the first pet slot and saw how my pet shrank a bit. Here comes the weird part tho, when I was done I accidentally hitted [Mend Pet] and Hati just shrunk down to nothing... now my pets are all messed up! screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/kRC5EDéedee3 11 May
11 May Big Mother Thok So today during Maw of Souls Thok decided he was too big for this mythic and decided to become 10 times the size of dalaran. Anyone know the cause of this or if you can force it to happen?Basyck2 11 May