Hunter

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
01 Oct [Guide] In-Depth Survival Guide Introduction When Legion launched, Survival specialization was changed to melee and given an entirely new tool kit. But this you probably already know, however it is still a new specialization, with many different guides on the net offering contradictory advice. Parts of this guide follows the precedent set by Icy-Veins.com's Survival guide (shoutout to Azortharion), however especially the Rotation section varies significantly. I've been playing purely Survival since launch and currently raiding with the spec as well. At the moment it is widely considered to be the weakest of the 3 hunter specs, and while that might be true, a large part is the inherent complexity of the rotation. So lets get started! Ability Overview: Mongoose Bite[MgB]: Main damage dealing ability, with 3 charges that applies a 12 second buff increasing all further MgB damage by 50% per stack. Stacks up to 6 times but the buff does not refresh. Is the baseline for the DPS windows covered in the Rotation segment. 12 Seconds CD affected by Haste. No focus cost. Mastery: Hunting Companion[M:HC]: The bread, butter and bane of Survival hunters. Gives your pet's special attacks a chance to grant an additional charge of MgB. 500 Mastery equals 1% pet procc chance. Explosive Trap[ET]: A hefty damage dealer with a 12 second cooldown (After Talents and Traits). Damage is split between the initial burst and a lasting DoT. AoE. No focus cost. Flanking Strike[FS]: Solid damage with a 6 second base cooldown affected by haste. Double chance of proccing M:HC. Costs 50 Focus. Lacerate[Lac]: DoT with 12 seconds duration and 10 seconds cooldown. Costs 35 Focus. Dragonsfire Grenade[DfG]: AoE ability with split damage between burst and DoT. Long cooldown of 30 seconds. Recommended talent (See Talents). No focus cost. Throwing Axes[TA]: Talent. Main filler ability, 2 charges with 15 seconds cd affected by haste. Quickly throws 3 axes, good both melee ranged. Fury of the Eagle[FotE]: Artifact Power. Damages in a cone and is channeled for 4 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Is affected by the damage buff from MgB and also increases the duration of the MgB buff by 4 seconds. Is now on global cooldown after the content patch containing Emerald Nightmare. Carve: Filler AoE. Low on damage, but better than nothing. Can be replaced by Butchery (See Talents), which is not recommended. Costs 40 focus. Harpoon: 5-40 yard range charge mechanic. 20 seconds cooldown. Raptor Strike[RS]:Purest trash, probably tied for worst in the game. Does around 10% of the damage your other abilities does, even after unavoidable Artifact damage increases. Should only ever be used when everything else is on CD. Costs 25 focus.DPS Cooldown Overview: Aspect of the Eagle[AotE]: Primary dps cooldown. Gives an additional 25% chance for your pet to procc MgB charges and increases all damage done by 30% with Aspect of the Skylord Artifact trait. Lasts 10 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. Snake Hunter[SH]: Talent. Instantly grants you 3 charges of Mongoose Bite. 1.5 minutes cooldown. Note that it gives new charges, not stacks of the buff.Pet Overview The nature of our Mastery means there are two significant factors about your pet. Firstly the pet should be specced Tenacity, since it gives an extra AoE attack that can procc M:HC. Secondly it should come from one of three pet families: Either Scorpid for [Deadly Sting], Riverbeast for [Gruesome Bite] or Carrion Bird for [Bloody Screech]. Which of these three doesn't matter. The reason for this is that they count as extra special attacks and can procc M:HC. Talents Tier 1: Throwing Axes is the clear choice here, giving decent damage and works as a good filler. Animal Insticts applies a random buff for 7 seconds every FS, however neither 10% Haste nor Mastery is particulary useful, and the 33% chance to get 30% increased movement speed is downright bad. Way of the Mok'Nathal is a talent I've seen a few guides recommend, and it's good - On paper. This talent is bad, the primary problem being the incredibly low damage of RS, and having to get 4 RS off AND reapply one every 8 seconds is a huge waste of DPS. Testing this talent and maintaining the buff currently costs me around 55% of my dps. Bad idea. Tier 2: 3 interesting talents, however SH is completely necessary to achieving 6 stacks of MgB consistently, so there's no competition. The others are good, but not essential, unlike SH. Tier 3: Choice is between [Farstrider] and [Posthaste] although if you want 3 more seconds of Aspect of the Cheetah it won't matter that much. Personally use [Farstrider] for better combat mobility, since I play a gnome and [Escape Artist] allows me to escape roots. Either works. Tier 4: 2 of these talents provide some nice PvP utility, the last one is a strong PvE boost. Improved Traps is the choice for the 50% cd reduction on ET, no discussion really. Tier 5: 3 PvP utility talents (Sticky Bombs deal no damage). Personally use Camouflage because I'm trying to convice the Rogues to let me into their secret class hall. (No luck yet) Tier 6: AoE Tier. Actually used Butchery to great success early Legion, but the long cooldown and only 3 charges meant that you'd be out of AoE after the first mob group since it completely removes Carve. DfG provides a nice single target DoT as well as spread damage to go with ET. Serpent Sting sadly falls way behind the other two in damage output. Tier 7: First talent [Spitting Cobra] allows for increased focus regen and a bit of damage. Since Survival is not focus starved it's hardly relevant. [Aspect of the Beast] is useless since our pet is specced Tenacity anyway and having it reducing 15% damage is rather pointless. [Expert Trapper] is the way to go.Fizzlesticks23 01 Oct
6m Survival should be a tank! Because when is the last time you've heard a raid or party leader say 'Boy, we really could use a survival hunter, and definitely not a ranged hunter!'. Never? Me neither, and arguably for good reason. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the melee aspect to the hunter. Played one in vanilla, remember throwing out occasional the raptor strikes and mongoose bites. I'm not one to advocate for a third ranged spec. However currently survival competes with two strong mobile ranged specs, making it unappealing. Maybe it shouldn't compete, Maybe it could be something else, like a tank spec. I know devs have played with the idea before in the past, we don't yet have a mail tank, and the name kind of fits don't you think. :) Before you call me crazy, have a read! Raptor Strike Instant Melee range A vicious slash, dealing x physical damage and 50% to up to two nearby targets. Mongoose Bite Instant Melee range A swift counter attack, dealing x physical damage. Usable after performing a dodge. Generates 20 focus. Serpent Sting 10 Focus 30yd range Instant 16 sec cooldown Fire a poison-tipped arrow at an enemy, dealing x nature damage instantly and y nature damage over 10 seconds. Heal for half the damage over time dealt. Spirit Bond Passive All damage taken is shared evenly between you and your active pets. All healing received is shared between you and your primary pet. Dire Beast 50 focus 30 yd range Instant Summons a powerful wild beast to aid you in combat. Cannot be the target of healing, and flees the fight upon losing all health. Because dire beasts dying left and right would be animal cruelty. Max 3 active dire beasts. Summoning additional replaces the oldest summoned. Mastery: Dire Fortitude Passive Increases the health of your dire summons by x%mastery. Additionally increases your attack power by y%mastery. Flanking Strike 30 focus Melee range Instant You and your active pet strike a target as one, dealing x physical damage both. Dire beasts also deal x/3 physical damage. Additionally reduce the cooldown of Wildfire Bomb by 1s for each attacking pet Wildfire Bomb 40 yd range Instant 18 sec recharge Hurl a bomb at the target, exploding for x fire damage in a cone and coating enemies in wildfire, scorching them or y fire damage over 6 sec Additionally has one of three enhancements for its duration. Max 2 charges. Smoke Bomb: All targets struck have an extra 30% chance to have their attacks dodged. Pheromone Bomb: Dire Beast costs 20 less focus on targets coated with pheromones. Volatile Bomb: Reacts violently with poison, consuming any active Serpent's Sting and healing you for x instantly and y over time. Dragonscale Reinforcement Passive Increases your armor by x% and additionally by y% agility. Reduces magic damage taken by 10%. Distracting Shot 8-30yd range Instant Fire a shot at your target, dealing x physical damage. Causes high threat. Finally on pet behavior, pets will attempt to stand next to the hunter instead of behind their target; to sell the fantasy of going into battle with a pack of wild animals at their side. So basically the spec fantasy is to be this rugged pack leader standing up to their mighty prey together with their pets. Your primary pet is for all intents and purposes an extension of your own health bar. Active mitigation is essentially spreading damage across expendable beast summons. For their duration dire beasts reduce damage taken by you and your main pet by 33% 50% 60% for 1 2 and 3 active dire beasts respectively. Throw in some extra armor, dodge and moderate self sustain and we have ourselves a tank. What do you guys think? Sounds like something you could play? Let me know!Felsi16 6m
1h Rate the transmog above you! V7 The old thread has reached it's limit.Khaluun370 1h
2h "Hunter turn off Growl" So,, i would say 8/10 dungeons i am running i have the tank ask me to "hunter, turn off growl" But it is off i have noticed when i enter a dungeon its off, i even started doubting myself i may of missed clicked and turned it on ,... but i haven't. Is it because i have looms on ? Am i missing something in the games mechanics and playing in a way of error and simply am uneducated ? Is it the pet i am using ? My Spec? Please if any fellow hunter or anyone have any light on the subject i would gladly be respectful in listening to you and adjusting my play style. .. if I'm honest its really putting me off playing the class. Thanks :)Rumwood12 2h
4h support cant get an answer on why misdirection does not work , 10 pounds a month and they don't even bother with you , think I might cancel ...atrocious !!Cylus2 4h
5h PTR 14/11 - MM changes Serpent Sting buffed by 10% Piercing Shot ignores armor Trick Shots - from 40 to 50% dmg increase (still 3 targets required). They buffed aimed shot 20%. They nerfed surging shots-trait about 38%. All in all, rapid fire getting weaker, aimed shot getting stronger. Its probably the PvE direction they should be going, but this gets us back to being even worse in PvP again. I wont comment on the other faulty stuff with the MM spec. Its old news by now. But to summarize: its looking a bit better on the PvE side (but still crabs until they make Trick Shot work for 2 targets) but getting worse again on the PvP side.Terapeuten2 5h
23h How is surv in PvE? So i switched from BM to Surv in PvP due to the nerfs. can i go surv in pve aswell?Clavia9 23h
1d MM needs these changes! Hello guys i got something on my mind for a while and would Like to share it here. i have been a hunter since Vanilla, i have my fair share of PVP and PVE also i got all CEs in Legion and aiming for the ones in BFA ( hope this gives me some credibility ) for PVE : i like and think the direction 8.1 is going with MM is good but Needs a lot of number tuning . a change i would like to see is that make AiS does about 33% more damage but increase it charge time to about 20sec or so ( to lessen the times to case it and make it more impactful ). Steady shot needs to have something to make its feel better to use other than a trait . other than that just need to get our hands on new changes to test the !@#$ out of them. for PVP: MM has fallen from Arena since the changes of scatter shot ( taking it out and then returning it with the same DR as trap ) the thing is im enjoying BFA pvp but it seems that MM is soo behind in arena compared to BM and SV because of how hard it is to trap a target with our current kit and other classes like mages can sheep and resheep when ever they please not to mention people can prevent u from trapping my standing over each other or remove ur traps even tho ur trap is a skill shot that u need to land example like DH revers magic or shamans grounding totem or priests premonition..etc. the point is we need something extra in MM kit to help us trap and its unfair to see BM gets a baseline stun and SV can just harpoon trap. the suggestion is that we get a baseline ability snare like Binding Shot or make it so that if u *Concussive Shot a target twice in a row it gets snare or give us *Wyvern Sting as baseline. thses will fix the problems in MM CC chain and i think that will give MM a chance to make a comback into arena. sry for the long post and ty for reading :smiley:Kenpachy0 1d
2d Cool beaver pet Does anyone know why this cool beaver is not tameable? https://imgur.com/vWIMCYS And if it will be in future? I really want to tame him, he's really cool hahaKipam1 2d
3d How to survive against warriors. How to deal with warrior+heal brackets in 2v2? Can't survive the damage they deal. Im playing with restor sham.Инджой1 3d
3d A bugged stable So recently I've come up with a goal, having a hunter of every race, which lead me to set up a different goal, tame every possible pet in WoW. The way I'm going to do it is trying to get themed stables for every hunter, thus covering every possible pet. So far so good, but there's a particular set of pets I'm having trouble pairing with a hunter: bugs. Namely: beetles, silithids, worms, and wasps. I try to keep the stable somewhat relevant for the hunter's race or character. My blood elf hunter is all about magical pets, the gnome gets the mecha pets and my troll tames raptors, etc. My question to you is, what race do you think goes well with bugs? I would like to hear you replies and your reasoning for it :)Korrina3 3d
3d Void elf hunter pets I can't seem to ditch my second pet (a crab) which appears as a secondary to whichever other pet I decide to use. I've lodged it with a stablemaster but it just won't go away. It now even appears INSTEAD of the void lizard the hunter started with so I'm running with a wolf and a crab. Any thoughts?MutikeCF69872 3d
3d Your favorite type of pets? Devilsaurs, bears, wolves, cats or whatever.. I prefer Wolves mostly because it fits my Orc quite well. If I were a Dwarf no doubt a bear! What do you pick?Tyze15 3d
3d Direhorn ability missing? So I read on petopia that the direhorn pets are supposed to have a mortal wounds ability. But when I check my pets in the game they have no special ability at all. Which is pretty lame because they are the only tenacity pets with a mortal wounds ability that I like the look of. :( Does anyone else have this problem or know if there is any way to actually get the ability?Julia2 3d
3d Current state of MM on PTR. So jumped back onto the ptr with the new MM updates. I must say the whole feel of the spec is better everything flows better the damage is less big crits with "aimed shot" but far more constant damage from all skills inc aimed shot. The rework of true shot is amazing it just helps the class feel more like it should firing off fast hitting shots. I think in 8.1 we will see a return to MM for alot of hunters who have been waiting for the spec. The issue we still have: 1:Trick shot still needs 3 targets to work needs to be changed to 2 targets. 2:lethal shots talent needs changing in its current state its pointless to pick it. 3: Explosive shot cant not be on the same line as "Careful Aim" as both talents are a must have. Cows & Careful Aim should swap.Vorren23 3d
4d Request: Tracking Options Just a request at one of the only places i can put it, but it'd be nice if hunter tracking had an option to not show friendly mobs, I'd very much like to have tracking on in a town without my minimap being cluttered with friendly NPCs, and rather see if perhaps an enemy player is nearby.Osran1 4d
4d How to deal with Demon Hunters as MM Having a lot of issues dealing with DH's in PVP, they are the only class I see as troublesome if not more than rogues . Kiting them is completely impossible, even if you use sniper shot and concussive they are on your !@# in a few seconds, they have really high dmg burst, self heals, can counter all your gap openers easily and still have evasion and can be immune to all your attacks while dealing crazy damage. Seems they are unbeatable for MM, any workaround ?Azthak11 4d
4d MM wishlist for 8.1 this wishlist is based on PTR changes i feel like its a step in the right direction but i dont like the fact this new lethal shots talent is so useless and ruins the current steady aim build also dmg feels really undertuned and aoe is still...horrible -buff aimed shot and rapid fire dmg by atleast 20% -revert lethal shots change (this new talent is useless and destroys the current steady aim build we dont need a cheaper version of what the new trait does) maybe even rework it to somthing else like "steady shot will now increase your next rapid fire or aimed shots crit dmg by 10% and reduce cast time/channel time by 7% stacking up to 3 times" -change trick shots so its able to proc from 2 targets instead of 3 and either buff the % dmg or remove the cap on max targets -give utility from pets to lone wolf or buff dmg from it -add less channel time for rapid fire during new trueshot aswell instead of only less cast on aimed shot -remove volley and put barrage in this row atm volley is really boring and just horrible to play with (hits less than auto attacks on 3 target fight when i tested it) also opens up more choice in this tree ST/spread aoe/stacked aoe -add new talent in 90 tree about synergy between rapidfire and aimed shot maybe? after casting aimed shot your next rapid fire will channel 20% faster and after casting rapid fire your next aimed shot will cast 20% faster -change steady aim stacks to be a buff on you instead of on the targetQuîet4 4d
4d Missing Additional Fighting Pet My character is a hunter. As a hunter we used to be able to have two pets fighting with us (by using Hati ) but since the new patch. we don't Then Blizzard gave us a talent called Animal Companion, which allowed the first pet which we could take out with us, to accompany my main fighting pet (My Spirit Leopard).(which in my case was my Gorilla. Now for some reason I can only summon my leopard. Even though I still have Animal companion selected in my talents.. Why is that..pleaseWalkinshadow1 4d
4d Pets: 1 tame per character? (Netherbeak) Hi guys, Really not sure if I'm missing something so obvious, but I was wondering if some pets were strictly 1 tame per character? I've looked across some topics on the forum, but it's only been touched upon. A specific example is Netherbeak in Azsuna. My first tame, he was there immediately. Twice, actually, after a failed first attempt. Now, I'm here for a second tame, due to speccing Animal Companion and wanting to be all matchy matchy, but no luck yet. Whether it's just a horrible coincidence and I'm here for the longhaul purely for aesthetics or if there is a reason behind it... Any help would be appreciated!Tarinn2 4d
5d Intimidation macro I know I can make a focus macro but dont want it tbh lol. If i dps one target then whoops here comes the warr putting an axe in my head I wanna to be able to tab target to the warr and hit him with a quick stun then back to my first target. Any suggestions ?Grazoka1 5d
6d Bringing back Dual-wielding Survival hunters I've thought about this a lot. It's nice to have the old survival spec back with the insane damage it is doing now but why can't we dual-wield again? Up until wotlk the dual-wielding for hunters was mostly for stats but now since we got the full melee revamp it's possible to return the dual-wielding form of the hunter and do even better dps because since Uldir came out I've been there every night with a friendly guild and atleast 4-5 people are hunters but only one of them is survival and he is always in the top 5 dps while the MMs and BMs are barely reaching top 10. This is with having a two-handed weapon. Now imagine if that was a dual-wielding - it could do even greater dps just with the addition of faster auto attacks.Holytear5 6d
6d where is Hati? So i just did the quest to get the artifact weapon. but i noticed i cant find Hati. he is not around and i cant summon him. Do we lose Hati completely now as BFA is out? we dont even get him before we get to bfa content? i was kind of looking foward to using him while doing legion content on my hunter :(Skadibala2 6d
6d Best Hunter PvP Spec? Greetings! As the title says i'm looking for the best hunter PvP spec currently. I think that all of the hunter specs are very enjoyable and I want to try out PvP. What do you think is the best hunter PvP spec? Thanks! ^^Noskåp5 6d
08 Nov Pet's growl in BFA My friend talked me. New thing in BFA Pet's growl automation off when hunters in dungeron/raid. I'm so happy it. Myself alwasy off growl. But, other players don't. Sometimes players don't understand english speak as they ask "your pet growl off!!" Also sometimes hunter-players can trolling. I tired people call hunters as "retard" or huntard". Hoped BFA stop they hate huntersRedde4 08 Nov
07 Nov Hunter wish list for the future patch Hello fellow hunter here i'm not doing this post to complain but to suggest some quality of life chabge to my 2 favorite spec in this exp MM and BM Lets start with BM In pve the spec is realy good in raid we are one of the best classes to bring because of the damage and all the movement that we have we uae 1 pet abd thats is a spirit beast that is the best in almost all the situation(more on that later). I feel thar our problem came i High M+ keys basicly no one want to bring BM hunters we are a jack of all trade we can do a lot of stuff but we dont excell in anything, i think that for us to be conpetitive in the scene we need at least to have binding shot to be reverted as it was in legion, if you are scared of to much pvp stuns just do as the DH meta stun NPC daze(root in this case ) players. With this change we are more like to be invited because we have a lot of more utility to deal with big packs and spawn of g'huun, a thing that we are not that great to becayse we lack aoe CC to do that. That will bring us in line woth the more desired class like DH mages locks. Another point that i would like to make is that the Purge ability of some pet ( spirit beast and nether ray above all) is a very bad design to have on a pet by pet basis i think the purge should be more like an hunter ability to have on all pet, because is a real feel bad thar we can't use more cool pets because they lack a core ability instead of another, you can trow it on the gcd for what i care but i think it should be stream line for all bm hunter regarderless of the pet, even more because there are pets with that ability in all family and be resctricted to some pet i think is a bad class fantasy design. For MM i live the ptr changes they realy put the spec in line with some of the other spec mecanicly wise, my only problem is that you should not gut the machine gun hunter spec because some of us me included enjoy thst spec, so either buff the azerite trait to render that play style a choice or revert the change on lethal shot and use another talent in the same row to be the like the new lethal shot. Barrage should be a stream line talent and not a choice we have bad AOE as it is that would help a lot. I think Volley need to be removed and you should be change trick shot to something like this: when you cast a multi-shot for the next 4 second you do 80% of basic Auto shot damage bu split all target in 5 yard radius and the next aimed shot or rapid fire deals damage to all target in 5 yard ( is just an exemple the number are just trow here is just a mechanic suggestion) with this you solve our m+ damage problem and we have a lot to do in common with how BM aoe works and beast cleave. Some of the pet utility should be put in the spec even with lone wolf, not all of them but some, you can make something like a pet affinity talent where you chose an affinity and when you dont have a pet it gives you those ability like BL or the Dr for tenacity or the freedom for cunning. Like these you still lake heal and purge ability but you dont feel like you miss at something big not having a pet in M+ and less player content like HC or BGs. And finaly azerite traits, i want to say only one thing please with the new ring introduction, dont ever put a raid traits as big as archive + reorigination array in conpetition with specific spec trait, like is now and you cant play Pack Alpha because you need 3 of them and in raid Archive + array is to powerfull. So put it in a ring where are only neutral triat so we can get full use of the costumization of azerite. I hope we can make a very good discussion about this and the feedback reach some Devs if you disagree with me feel free to tell me why this is my opinion to how to improve this amazing class. See you all in gameFørgivesan5 07 Nov
07 Nov Pet dispel BUGGED with GCD Hello! When trying to dispel with a pet i have to click it several times before it works. It's stupid that it runs on GCD that makes it bugged.Sensx7 07 Nov
07 Nov Would like to tame the Weasel Did anyone noticed that white weasel in stealth hunting. I want to tame him so badly. Realy hope its gonna happen but Blizz if it happens dont change him to exotic.Runandgun0 07 Nov
06 Nov NEW MM CHANGES ARE FREAKING AWESOME! Damn im so exiceted for the new changes, just had the chance to test the on the PTR hope they stay like they are now on the ptr ( cuz maybe they are a bit too strong) Trueshot is geting a huge buff! In its up time u can get of 2-3 aimshots and 2 full casts of rapid fire (60% recharge time on AS and RF) Carefull aim is gona always crit on targets above 80% and below 20% HP but only for 50% extra dmg, which is quite good and realiable! Bursting shot geting its knockback range increased ( i think ) it might be the cone of the knockback dunno rly Leltal Shots getting completly new, arcane and multi shot has a 20% chance to reduce cooldown on rapid fire Sniper shot 20% max life as dmg??? (awesome) And u can channel rapid fire while using disengageand a few other changes too ill link them here : https://www.wowhead.com/news=287995/explanation-of-marksmanship-hunter-changes-on-the-8-1-ptr what do my fellow hunters think of this :D?Tuljanz44 06 Nov
06 Nov Sucky DPS Hello, I'm having problems with sucky DPS...my Ilvl is 361 yet I'm only cranking out max 8 or 9k dps, be it in a raid, a dungeon (heroic, mythic or mythic+) or in the training dummy at Boralus. I have Weak Auras installed and use Effies BM Hunter WA as my guideline (https://wago.io/41YukcfQG). No matter which way I squeeze the buttons the values remain the same. Guild leader claims I ought to be pulling about 12 - 15k at this lvl (he is barring me from participating in heroic progression because of this). I haven't got the faintest idea where the problem lies, although I suspect is gear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers NibNibenion16 06 Nov
06 Nov Feeling squishy and not bursty So atm my hunter is level 113 and i play inbetween dungeons some battlegrounds and it feels like i dont realy hit hard like i get hit by other players. Warriors and rogues especially but not only. I feel way weaker.... also i always end up at the bottom of the top half damage. At good games i end up with approx. 500k damage when i see top players at 1.5kk+Croiz1 06 Nov
06 Nov Trackers net healers? Does it work on healers? Like in 2v2 if I throw it on enemy does his heals miss?Grazoka1 06 Nov
05 Nov Shadow Mend or Disengage into Camouflage? I am looking for ways to use Camouflage during PvP combat to get out of a sticky situations. As a NE is it possible to Shadow Mend into Camouflage during PvP? Atm I am playing as a Worgen Hunter, and from what I have figured out on my own you need to use the following spell combo to use Camouflage during PvP combat: Freezing Trap -> Play Dead + Feign Death -> Camouflage However this above combo only works against a single opponent. As soon as there are more than one, or if the opponent has a pet, this combo is un-usable. Rumours online suggests the possibility of using the same above combo, but with Disengage instead of Freezing Trap. I don't know if this is possible and would very much like a confirmation or de-bunk from anyone who knows :) If Disengage works it is likely a solution against multiple opponents. I'm looking for answers regarding both Shadow Mend and Disengage? :) Thanks in advance! EDIT: I had a friendly player dual me and I learned that Shadow Mend -> Camouflage works and is extremely easy to pull off compared to my combo. I'm not sure what the limits are or if there are exceptions to when it doesn't work, but if anyone knows please let me know. Too bad I just made a faction change into Worgen. Seems a bit silly to spend another 25 euro to go night elf... On a side note, while it makes sense lore wise, I think it's a shame that NE are the only race with Shadow Mend. They are my least favorite race look wise because of their silly hair styles and colors options. Hehe they look like the offspring of amish people and a tree. One hairstyle even looks like Einstein :P I am also still curious to whether: Disengage -> Play Dead + Feign Death -> Camouflage Works in combat :) So if anyone knows please let me know.Gomlorth3 05 Nov
05 Nov Pet Help Hi All I know this must have been asked before, so sorry for asking again. What is the best pet and pet spec for leveling, I'm currently level 36 and going all the way to 120. What family of pets will you recommend? TIAHemlingway5 05 Nov
05 Nov Whats your main Pet and why? Just interested if you have a main pet, your special companion, that is with you most of the time? For me its my 2 robo dogs MoonMoonMech and DoogoBot, which I use at the same time with the animal companion talent. I use them because it kinda fits my RP as an engineering hunter, where I dont use real animals but robots. I only switch to my Spirit beast when I need the additional healing.Xemeron13 05 Nov
04 Nov Hunter advantages for pvp? i honestly dont know what pros are only the cons since thats what i run into as a new player to hunter. i find hunter pretty squishy with no defense buffs and high cd cc so what are the advantages? i dont think there is anything else to offer but burst, so, is hunter bursty?Croiz8 04 Nov
02 Nov Lets make Avatar and sons of Xolotal Tamable Hello there fellow hunters out here, Our wish as pet tamers to "to be very best", and for that we should tame very best pet. And very best wolf out there is Avatar of xolotal in my opinion. Avatar; https://www.wowhead.com/npc=129343/avatar-of-xolotal#screenshots Sons; https://www.wowhead.com/npc=129124/son-of-xolotal#comments look at that beauty. I mean look at it. How can you not fall in love that? how would you not want it to stand next to you, to follow you in battle? If you are sharing same emotions with me -to be able to tame this handsome bestboy- , please open up a suggestion to blizzard such as example down below; "Dear Sir/Madam Beast named "Avatar of Xolotal" can not be tamed neither as survival spec nor as beast master spec as hunter, even though it is best looking wolf in world of warcraft in world of warcraft history. I would like to have you make it tamable. In regard of all hunters who are man/woman of culture."Rastgele4 02 Nov
02 Nov MM in a worse place in 8.1 So like alot of hunter I was hopeful for 8.1 to be the saviour for MM. How wrong I was. So on paper the current changes seem okay till you test them out. I am currently seening a huge DPS loss on single and multi target fights. Currently in 8.1 MM is in a far worse place than it is now. We have very few to 0 MM hunters in raiding or m+ and PvP. This needs to be addressed asap as I don't understand why your gutting a spec that's already not played/at the bottem on all boards.Vorren2 02 Nov
01 Nov Bm hunters free honor? i would realy have a blue answer here.. how do blizzard think about getting hunters (bm) work in pvp, arena? .. right now we are free honor.. do u have plans to fix this? .. or do u dont give a !@#$?Yotai12 01 Nov
01 Nov bm hunter or frost mage hi i want to ask about 1-which is best 3 dps spec for pve now and on 8.1? 2- which is better bm hunter or frost mage on 8,1?Asheli3 01 Nov
31 Oct Make BM hunter more beast based I think BM should be more beast based like its pvp skills are. I really like the Dire beast: Hawk as an aoe skill and i think it should be implemented into normal BM stuff and other these kind of skills too. Makes it feel alot more Beast mastery for me atleastHuntforblood9 31 Oct
31 Oct "Its just the first ptr. They will tune numbers" Do you see the direction where its going? Two PTR patches later after the changes and no numbers tuned except making tooltip fixes and ruining our rapid fire talent and aoe even more. You people who go "NUMBERS WILL BE TUNED" are probably the ones who used to say "RESILIENCE WILL FIX IT". But so help me god, I hope iam wrong and get to eat this post later. But I wont hold my breath for that.Terapeuten1 31 Oct
31 Oct Pet Growls even though Growl is off Hi! Returning player here. Noticed that I could pick the skill Animal Companion as a lvl 15 hunter and have 2 pets at ones. Awesome! It's just that the second pet growls... In dungeons, even though Growl is automaticly shut off when we entered the dungeon. At least I think it's the second pet. Hard to see during combat... But I see the cooldown on the Growlskill in my skillbar. Just as if I had clicked it but I sure had not. And it doesn't have the animated border on it. Cause it's off... I even did the "/petautocastoff Growl" macro to make sure it's off, and it is really without any doubt completely off. But still, the pet growls. Tank gets unhappy... Any advice, please? Edit: I did another dungeon, this time Wailing caverns (the last one was Defias mines). Now it worked. No growling . Maybe it was a temporary problem. Fingers crosed :)Zigil2 31 Oct
31 Oct Looking for Freezing Trap+Disengage Macro All macros i try wont cast FT since u have to click somewhere to drop it, any1 have a quick drop trap even on the spot im at?Croiz4 31 Oct
31 Oct Nelf vs belf. Iam having a hard time deciding which one to roll for my new hunter project. So I decided to make a post about it and get some insight. For min / max which one is better pve/pvp wise?Andamb10 31 Oct
30 Oct Intimidation working wrong? I just noticed Intimidation isnt stunning, but loads the pet with a stun for its next attack. for example: if i target a beast and use Intimidation it wont stun, but "buff" the pet with stun for 10 seconds, and will only stun when i send the pet to attack it. its just wrong, because its not the tooltip+its not instant as it says it is. also it wont stun the target i chose if i change target before the pet hit him, because the pet will go to my other target. also, thats definity not what the tooltip says.Croiz3 30 Oct
29 Oct How does Transmog work cross-realm? Heya peoples, I've been farming the Grievous Gladiator's Ringmail using an alt on another realm to try and get the transmog on my hunter. (This is a mail Shaman item and my main is Hunter) Everywhere I checked on the forums it says it should work out this way. Now I've had the item in my inventory for a full day and I still cannot find this item in my transmog-page on my hunter. Now is my question, Do I have to wait even longer in order for it to load to the page of my hunter, or did I do something wrong? I hope you can help me out!Kebblers2 29 Oct
29 Oct BM hunter PvP feedback Hello, I have played alot of BM hunter this PvP season so I figured I would share my opinions and hopefully we could have a healthy discussion about it. Spirit Shock is a very annoying spell, I can’t tell you how many times I know I could probably purge the BOP to kick the game-ending poly but I just see my pet snared 6 yards away from the target doing nothing. With the number of roots and snares in the game at the moment you can rarely use this ability when you want to, the spell is even inconsistent when your pet is on the target. Please consider making this a ranged spell from the pet or even better, give us back tranq shot. Interlope is the kind of spell I love the idea of. But in practice it fails due to the short range. I would love to use this ability to protect my DPS partner as he retreats from a go on a destruction warlock. But the spell itself require my partner to follow my pet rather than running the shortest path to LoS and since the duration is only 3 seconds this is a death sentence. Honor talents as a BM hunter consists of a wide range of very uninteresting choices. I don’t get any excitement picking anyone of them. Especially both Dire Beasts which are supposed to be our aggressive talents, they are incredibly boring. Pets right now is a choice between a Mortal Wounds pet and Spirit Beast. Having the ability to purge and off-heal is just way more fun than a passive MS. In my opinion MS should be mandatory for every pet and then we can make a choice depending on pet spec if we want the wall, master’s call or BL. Pets takes way too much damage, when you get up a bit in rating cleaves will kill your pet in seconds. If healer tries to heal it he is going to run out of mana very quickly. This is a big issue since re-summoning often takes a Turtle with all the small CC’s in the current state of the game. Spirit Mend needs to scale with the gear of the hunter throughout the expansion, I don’t know if it does currently. Or else this spell will be very strong at the beginning of BfA and in the end it will do nothing. Please make sure it stays relevant. Dispel for pet would be really sweet, this is an extra level of pet management that would suit the spec. Bullheaded should come back for all hunter specs in my opinion and BM hunter should have something extra since it’s a pet-based class. The Mend Pet dispel like we had in WoD as a honor talent would maybe be something to consider. Intimidation is a spell that I really dislike, not account on the spell itself but rather the control of the pet. I can literally spam my pet to attack a different target and then use Intimidation to still be very disappointed when the stun ends up on the target I was hitting before. CC as a BM hunter is really boring at the moment. Our trap is on a 30s cooldown so I can’t go for a “just off the DR” trap nor is there a way to make a misplay and DR yourself. Wyvern Sting was something I really enjoyed in previous expansions for covering the the DPS we are not trying to kill or denying a priest to be able to MD my CC if we do not have any kicks when we go for setup. Wyvern was a spell that required a fair bit of knowledge of the game. You had to know which healers who can dispel poisons as well as which hybrids that can do it. Marksman has Scatter Shot and Survival has Tracker’s Net, I would love to see BM get a tool like that for more interesting game play.Dumleia2 29 Oct