Hunter

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
04 Nov [Guide] In-Depth Survival Guide Introduction When Legion launched, Survival specialization was changed to melee and given an entirely new tool kit. But this you probably already know, however it is still a new specialization, with many different guides on the net offering contradictory advice. Parts of this guide follows the precedent set by Icy-Veins.com's Survival guide (shoutout to Azortharion), however especially the Rotation section varies significantly. I've been playing purely Survival since launch and currently raiding with the spec as well. At the moment it is widely considered to be the weakest of the 3 hunter specs, and while that might be true, a large part is the inherent complexity of the rotation. So lets get started! Ability Overview: Mongoose Bite[MgB]: Main damage dealing ability, with 3 charges that applies a 12 second buff increasing all further MgB damage by 50% per stack. Stacks up to 6 times but the buff does not refresh. Is the baseline for the DPS windows covered in the Rotation segment. 12 Seconds CD affected by Haste. No focus cost. Mastery: Hunting Companion[M:HC]: The bread, butter and bane of Survival hunters. Gives your pet's special attacks a chance to grant an additional charge of MgB. 500 Mastery equals 1% pet procc chance. Explosive Trap[ET]: A hefty damage dealer with a 12 second cooldown (After Talents and Traits). Damage is split between the initial burst and a lasting DoT. AoE. No focus cost. Flanking Strike[FS]: Solid damage with a 6 second base cooldown affected by haste. Double chance of proccing M:HC. Costs 50 Focus. Lacerate[Lac]: DoT with 12 seconds duration and 10 seconds cooldown. Costs 35 Focus. Dragonsfire Grenade[DfG]: AoE ability with split damage between burst and DoT. Long cooldown of 30 seconds. Recommended talent (See Talents). No focus cost. Throwing Axes[TA]: Talent. Main filler ability, 2 charges with 15 seconds cd affected by haste. Quickly throws 3 axes, good both melee ranged. Fury of the Eagle[FotE]: Artifact Power. Damages in a cone and is channeled for 4 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Is affected by the damage buff from MgB and also increases the duration of the MgB buff by 4 seconds. Is now on global cooldown after the content patch containing Emerald Nightmare. Carve: Filler AoE. Low on damage, but better than nothing. Can be replaced by Butchery (See Talents), which is not recommended. Costs 40 focus. Harpoon: 5-40 yard range charge mechanic. 20 seconds cooldown. Raptor Strike[RS]:Purest trash, probably tied for worst in the game. Does around 10% of the damage your other abilities does, even after unavoidable Artifact damage increases. Should only ever be used when everything else is on CD. Costs 25 focus.DPS Cooldown Overview: Aspect of the Eagle[AotE]: Primary dps cooldown. Gives an additional 25% chance for your pet to procc MgB charges and increases all damage done by 30% with Aspect of the Skylord Artifact trait. Lasts 10 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. Snake Hunter[SH]: Talent. Instantly grants you 3 charges of Mongoose Bite. 1.5 minutes cooldown. Note that it gives new charges, not stacks of the buff.Pet Overview The nature of our Mastery means there are two significant factors about your pet. Firstly the pet should be specced Tenacity, since it gives an extra AoE attack that can procc M:HC. Secondly it should come from one of three pet families: Either Scorpid for [Deadly Sting], Riverbeast for [Gruesome Bite] or Carrion Bird for [Bloody Screech]. Which of these three doesn't matter. The reason for this is that they count as extra special attacks and can procc M:HC. Talents Tier 1: Throwing Axes is the clear choice here, giving decent damage and works as a good filler. Animal Insticts applies a random buff for 7 seconds every FS, however neither 10% Haste nor Mastery is particulary useful, and the 33% chance to get 30% increased movement speed is downright bad. Way of the Mok'Nathal is a talent I've seen a few guides recommend, and it's good - On paper. This talent is bad, the primary problem being the incredibly low damage of RS, and having to get 4 RS off AND reapply one every 8 seconds is a huge waste of DPS. Testing this talent and maintaining the buff currently costs me around 55% of my dps. Bad idea. Tier 2: 3 interesting talents, however SH is completely necessary to achieving 6 stacks of MgB consistently, so there's no competition. The others are good, but not essential, unlike SH. Tier 3: Choice is between [Farstrider] and [Posthaste] although if you want 3 more seconds of Aspect of the Cheetah it won't matter that much. Personally use [Farstrider] for better combat mobility, since I play a gnome and [Escape Artist] allows me to escape roots. Either works. Tier 4: 2 of these talents provide some nice PvP utility, the last one is a strong PvE boost. Improved Traps is the choice for the 50% cd reduction on ET, no discussion really. Tier 5: 3 PvP utility talents (Sticky Bombs deal no damage). Personally use Camouflage because I'm trying to convice the Rogues to let me into their secret class hall. (No luck yet) Tier 6: AoE Tier. Actually used Butchery to great success early Legion, but the long cooldown and only 3 charges meant that you'd be out of AoE after the first mob group since it completely removes Carve. DfG provides a nice single target DoT as well as spread damage to go with ET. Serpent Sting sadly falls way behind the other two in damage output. Tier 7: First talent [Spitting Cobra] allows for increased focus regen and a bit of damage. Since Survival is not focus starved it's hardly relevant. [Aspect of the Beast] is useless since our pet is specced Tenacity anyway and having it reducing 15% damage is rather pointless. [Expert Trapper] is the way to go.Fizzlesticks18 04 Nov
4h Quivers. We want them back. Hello fellow Hunters. So, yesterday i posted a similar post in the General forum but i thought i'd take it up here aswell; Where are our Quivers? This has made me frustrated for so long and i don't understand how Blizzard haven't seen how important it is for many of us to have a quiver on the back while using bows. Sure, the MM artifact weapon allows us to havea quiver again which is really great, but that's about it, you still don't have a quiver when you level up or in any other specc which to me just feels so stupid, atleast when you're using a bow. I'd like to know how many that want the quiver back in to the game Not just like "Yeah, maybe at the end of the next expansion" No, i mean in like, the next patch. I know that Blizzard has many more things they need to prioritize, but it feels like it would be soo easy to just add them into the game again since there already are existing models that has been used! Could it really be that hard? I think that many people would really appreciate it and that it would be a very welcome transmog-option for Hunters, new that weren't there when they existed and old alike that miss them since the old days. As somebody pointed out in my post on the general forums, quivers should indeed be optional then andthere should be a option to hide it, like head/back. I intend to press on this question, not to blatantly spam about it in the forums, no but i really would like an answer from a Blizzard official about this just to know their opinion about it, and if there's any hope in a near future that quivers are comming back. Maybe at the launch of the next expansion maybe?Ghymmer23 4h
5h BfA, Animal Companion + Killer Cobra = True? While we haven't gotten around to the true tuning stage yet on Beta, heck many of our talents or abilities barely even functions properly. If you take a look at the current talent tree BM has on Beta. Looking at the talents/their tooltips and what the intention is with each talent if chosen, in theory, this is what they say: If you choose the talent: Animal Companion(the replacement for Hati, giving you a permanent second pet) This second pet is auto attacking the enemy target and is supposed to benefit from Kill Commands(still does not work though, so far the pet only auto attacks). Now, if you look down to the last talent row(level 100 talents), you find these 3 talents: Aspect of the Beast - Main pet does 30% more damage with it's Basic Attack. Killer Cobra - Cobra Shot resets the cooldown of Kill Command whenever Bestial Wrath is active. Spitting Cobra - 90 second CD where you summon a snake that attacks the current target for X damage over 20 seconds and generates some focus. Now, going back to the first talent row. We can here find 2 talents that will greatly benefit from you combining them with the Killer Cobra-talent. The third talent, being Dire Beast, that so far does not interact with anything else that you have. This also means that for min-maxing(again so far only in theory), you would never want to combine Dire Beast with Killer Cobra, at least not above the other 2 options.Having said this, we also now have the problem of the tuning between these mentioned talents. Depending on how your Animal Companion-pet's damage output is tuned, you either will always want to combine this talent with Killer Cobra as: the more Kill Commands you get, the better your second pet becomes. The same goes for picking the Killer Instinct-talent(execute, Kill Command based). Or if the damage your second pet does with Kill Commands is tuned to low, you will never want to use Killer Cobra. Is this all intentional? Perhaps...though I seriously doubt it. What this may result in: Hunters using either Killer Instinct or Animal Companion will always be "forced" to combine them with Killer Cobra in order to get the most damage out. or... Hunters will never use Killer Cobra above any of the other talents as Kill Command, by default, does to little damage. Possible solutions could be...Simply make the Animal Companion-pet use a Basic Attack as well, while simultaneously making the Aspect of the Beast-talent affect those too and suddenly, you have 2 talents on this row to choose from. or... Remove Killer Cobra as a talent altogether/replace it with something else. or... Make the Killer Cobra talent a baseline effect that always occur during Bestial Wraths.. . Thoughts?Brizzle1 5h
1d MM mage tower challenge I'm going insane here, got Ilvl 940 and I'm struggling (Never played MM this expac before) with the challenge. I can slow raest all the time, I can interrupt the hand most of the time, but sometimes it seems to not even be visible/ targetable. It's like it spawned out of the map and I don't see where the f it is. Not only that but the adds keep stacking up, I'm pretty sure they're scaling health wise because they just don't die even with alot of AOE (got the pantheon trinket aswell, so the tornado should dmg them). Also those runes spawn where ever the f they want, I usually can't even see them so I die to the thing of nightmares. I wish I could kill Karam, that'd make it way easier. Karam gets shielded after like 20 seconds, so damage really shouldn't be the problem. Those adds are way too tranparant, I can barely see them if I don't have the health bars up. The runes also like to hide under the purple patches and I don't know how to remove them/ how they get placed. Can anyone help me? Need to do all the other mage tower challenges for all classes still.Cuino3 1d
1d Grimtotem spirit guide pet - faction change? Heya fellow hunters! I have question about Grimtotem Spirit Guide pet ( Wolf what looks like Karoma ). I have this rare pet and now I'm perhaps changing faction from Horde to Alliance ( for ideological reasons ). Any danger that I may chance to lost this loyal companion in transaction?Chertan1 1d
1d Beta BM Its insane, way better than legion and so fun! Explosive trap on bm is back(pvp) Camo back Master call back, and much more Seems so much better for now :D Very happy with these changes, i hope blizzard dont destroy it like legionHunteroulaki20 1d
1d Tameable horses! Well :) i waited so long for this http://www.wowhead.com/news=284328/tameable-unicorns-in-battle-for-azeroth?src=distroscaleRamorovyen9 1d
2d SV is still a melee spec -.- I !@#$ing hate the survival melee spec. I was rocking the survival spec since Wrath and I was heartbroken when Blizz decided to make it a melee spec. I don't know what %^-* for brains dev decided this, but it ruined it. And the explanation with "hunter doesn't need 3 range specs" is lame. By the same analogy we could have a range rogue, cause he doesn't need 3 melee specs or a melee mage, cause he doesn't need 3 range specs. I call BS. No wonder almost nobody played the new SV spec in Legion. But as usual, the devs have no balls to say '"ok, we screwed up, we'll make it a range spec again". Instead, we're stuck with a dead spec. If I want to play a !@#$ing melee character, I'll play a proper melee class, like rogue or a DH, not some hybrid piece of %^-* spec.Nitewatcher52 2d
2d MM Hunter PvP [Warsong Gulch] I've got a fever and the only prescription is more battlegrounds. I remember back in the day when people used to make PvP videos and post them on the forums. I miss that aspect back in Vanilla and BC when people would be sharing their favorite PvP videos and discuss strategies here on the WoW forums. I decided to make a classic style PvP video featuring my MM Hunter in a game of Warsong Gulch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/264478524 Once I had made the video I posted a short clip called "Who's the hero" on Twitch which is now trending: https://clips.twitch.tv/OnerousSuspiciousWoodcockAsianGlow I'm gonna be uploading more videos to Twitch and YouTube in the future and I'd really like to see a revival of videos with battlegrounds, world PvP and duels. It seems fitting now that BFA is right around the corner with a War Mode that seems to be perfect for classic style PvP videos. Tell me what you think :) BlessingsSylv0 2d
2d Flavour change to some MM talents Firstly, anyone else hate volley? Where the hell are those arrows coming from? How about this talent instead: "Your Multi-shot makes target bleed for [weakish] damage over X seconds" When it comes to what I think the MM theme should be, shots that make enemies bleed >>>>>> magically appearing volley of arrows - anyone agree? It would also make our very weak aoe shot feel a bit more robust, since at the moment it may-as well be called "aimed shot spreader and nothing more" Secondly, anyone hate explosive shot? (Silly question right?) Why/how is my archer firing a gigantic slow firework? Make it a "flaming arrow" that targets an area (like binding shot), setting that area (and enemies standing in it) on fire, high damage, short duration, 30 sec cooldown. Thoughts?Sylvánás1 2d
3d Return of Wing clip So everyone knows that for a longntime hunters had wing clip. It was especially useful when it was improve to entrap you in place for a few seconds. I've always somewhat missed this flavoursome spell. Now along with serpent sting the icon it is returning I was wondering if this could in the PvP tree perhaps as it was always more useful as a PvP move anyways. Or even just as an added spell out of talent trees? Something like: Wing clip: You swing your bow/weapon in a sweeping strike knocking your opponent off their feet and rooting them in place for 5 seconds. 30 second cd Useable in all specs and fits both ranged and melee flavour and brings back a useful iconic move that isn't too powerful but provides vital peel for bg/arena and world gameplay and fits the current peeling of stuns etc. acts and a useful interupt if needed, but isn't OP as Hunter generally ranged unless survival, so not ideal as a normal rotation interupt. Thoughts?Cahaeli1 3d
3d Rate the transmog above you! V7 The old thread has reached it's limit.Khaluun72 3d
3d delete please. *resolved*Montalban0 3d
3d MM is close, very close. I must say that the new MM is probably the best spec I've played on Alpha/Beta regarding hunter. Arms and SV isn't bad either. I will say something though, they need to change up Aimed Shot because as it is right now, it's not cutting the mustard. Something like: Aimed Shot - 2 Second cast, affected by haste, castable while moving. Simply reduce it's damage by 20% or around there. Look aimed shot has a CD with charges, so it's not so bad to suggest a more reasonable cast time and mobility. Just this one change and maybe the reintroduction of scatter baseline would make MM by far the best spec in the game for me, and maybe others. They are close to hitting the nail on the head with the spec. They just gotta start listening now.Jaguarz10 3d
3d BFA lone wolf? So I know if BFA we get the lone wolf as default and it means we can still use pets but lose the 18% damage but my questions is have they fixed it to make it fair to people who want pets? So what im asking is if say I do 1k dps without a pet then have they made it so if I use a pet I still do the 1k dps with the pet making up the lose in my own damage? I think this should be the way as its more of a play style/option then a forced thing.Vorren12 3d
3d Quiver for Every bow and Xbow and More Aoe ? Quiver for Every bow and Xbow and More Aoe would be very usefull ! Quivers because nice visual effect as we seen(while using Windrunner bow) and/or maybe if they add Arrow Crafting (since vanila no more arrows) which could be nice too im sure ! Also small change Marksman > 1) more lone wolf type (like talent) so no pet at all at this Spec . 2) having more aoes and specs ?Cindorei1 3d
5d MM Hunter Heirlooms. Which Heirlooms are the best for MM Hunter ?Snikwins1 5d
6d BM animation suggestions + tooltip Got a few suggestions for changes to a couple of abilities for the BM spec. 1. Cobra Shot - change the tooltip(+ the ability in itself a bit), and change the animation. Cobra Shot feels kinda off atm, the ability, mechanically is just another auto shot fired from your bow/gun/xbow. I would like to see this changed slightly, make it do physical damage but the tooltip should read(and, the ability should also work like below): Cobra Shot 35 Focus 40yd range Instant A quick shot causing X physical damage. The bullet/arrow is laced with cobra venom, increasing the potency and causes the bullet/arrow to ignore an additional X% of the targets armor. Reduces the cooldown of Kill Command by 1 sec. I would also like for the animation to be changed from what appears to be a green'ish orb of !@#$ling goo being fired at the target, into it actually looking like a slightly enhanced bullet/arrow that leaves a faint dark green string/line of actual poison in the air behind it(for a very short time).- 2. Barbed Shot - animation change. Currently looks like a fast traveling thin orb of light. Why? Would look much better if changed into a toned down version of what Black Arrow used to look like, but perhaps instead of a shadowy aura around it, this animation has a dark red theme to it.- 3. Multi-Shot - ability Icon change The Icon of this ability displays a glaive, feels kinda off considering that's nothing like what the actual ability does. Minor suggestion really but change the icon to look like several bullets/arrows being fired.Brizzle0 6d
6d Pets in WoW - Hunter Im sorry but i have to make a forum thread about this... I love playing hunter but the only pet hate with it in this expansion and next expansion is the dismissing of pets and buggy pets during raids/dungeons. I just did a maw of souls 16 key and half way through helya fight, my pet despawned and respawned which distracted and ended up killing me because i was trying to use bloodlust. The other dismissing part is annoying when you going through a dungeon like darkheart thicket and you have to dismiss your pet when you are following a pro's guide to save some time and take a shortcut to a pack of mobs. Plus on top of all the above, pets used to get stuck in random places without hunters realising and then its more time wasted and dps. This seriously needs to be sorted blizzard. Give me your thoughts guys/girls.Rokhon3 6d
17 May Best race? I know racials aren't game changing but I like to make the most of of them. I want to wait for the new orc race as their pets gain 10% more health and they look cool too. I am currently sat on Troll with their haste racial. I am worried though later down the line I will regret making a Troll as they are hunched back and kinda ruin transmog. I went in game and made a 100 trial and look at the collection and most maybe if not all tmog look not amazing on troll but I was somewhat okay with it. I really want to try a hunter and do not really want to wait for the new orc race to come out (3 months I think). I could just pay for a racial change but they are not really worth it for the price or at least in my case. Any advice on what I should choose?Athran7 17 May
17 May Dual wielding ranged weapon? It has probably been up before, but why can't hunters dual wield one handed crossbows (there are one tiny crossbow model in game at least) or put in guns instead of only rifles and let hunters dual wield them? Of course I'm thinking of Diablo, no hiding it, it just looks so cool and would bring a new variation to the hunter class.Doltri0 17 May
17 May Arcane shot and multi-shot animation delay Hi. I have MM-hunter, created from about 7.2, and have annoying issues with two abilities - arcane shot and multi-shot. They have a masssive delay between the damage and animation appear in 90% of the time. In the dungeons the problem disappears. It's looks like here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4BGDJ_PIw I have a stable 115-118 ms latency, any attempts to fix it with "SpellQueueWindow" does not working here. I reported the problem (Submit Bug) many-many times, long times ago, have no reactions, and still see some topics about it only on us.battle.net forums with no sane answers or solutions.Mechanicus9 17 May
16 May Tempered Mercury Greaves?? Greetings fellow hunters and stalkers! I've been looking for these sweet !@# boots for my new transmog, problem is i done ulduar like 20 times now and no drop at all, does anyone know if these still drop on normal 10?? Sometimes the bosses drops other items than those who shows in the adveture guide loot list, so thats why im wondering if they are still around? These is the ones im talking about: http://www.wowhead.com/item=45989/tempered-mercury-greavesTyrir1 16 May
15 May BfA Survival still have no hard CC Why? It is only melee spec with no hard CC. And without Caltrops it will be the worst melee spec for PVP. Why every other melee spec have hard CC, but survival don't?Rayro1 15 May
15 May So is there really an edge with any actual pet ? Will I actually have advantage in PVP with optimized pets in BM spec ? I see the chimaera has three offensive abilities : frost breath, frost storm breath and bite, does it give it an advantage compared to other beasts ?Verydark3 15 May
15 May Best professions for hunter? Hi. I'm new to the game, and decided to make a Hunter. I'm currently level 13 and I'd like to pick some professions, but I'd like to know which ones would be the best for my class?Xketjow14 15 May
15 May Death of quivers? So just saw that BE are getting a new Bow animation (about time).. "https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619101939" But what people have missed is that we are no longer pulling arrows from our backs so to me this shows that blizzard are not looking or will ever add quivers back?Vorren0 15 May
14 May New BE male bow animation https://youtu.be/ZI2n4AB25B8 It looks really good. The current animation is the main reason I changed to BE female after they got updated. With the duckface also fixed in BFA, I'd be seriously tempted to change back come launch.Lirithiel6 14 May
12 May New/Coming back to WoW hunter: MM or BM? Hello hunters! I've been away from wow for over an year, and coming back only in the last few days. I played some survival in WoD and I'm interested in leveling my hunter to 110 and play some until BfA at least. Now, survival is a melee thing and I'm not interested in it (sadly, I really enjoyed surv), so, MM or BM atm, for leveling and the first dungeons / entry level raiding? Thanks in advance for your opinions!Obsidiàn3 12 May
11 May Is Hunter #Worth? Hey, so I was about to create a Hunter, but right before that I wanted to know about how he is doing in both PvP and PvE. What about his specs, what do you recommend me ?Rakor1 11 May
11 May Squishy MM? So, not a whinining thing but I have to ask. :) As someone who kinda dusted off their hunter(MM) from WoD I find it very ... squishy. Much more then my other toons (druid - cat to be precise, warrior, dk, warlock). I think even the rogue has more survivability. In part it seems to me its because they lack burst and/or mobility. So are they really squishy or am I just playing them wrong (quite possible cause as I said - didnt play it since wod)? Also ... how is SV for leveling/questing? Heard its complicated as hell.Winterssong5 11 May
11 May Pistols anyone? Nope, this wont be a "dual wield hunter or rogue - me wanna!" thread. :D Heres the thing, I took a look at the Kul Thiras (feel free to correct the spelling) and damn if those guys are not big. The rifles of my hunter would look like a pistol to them! And that got me thinking ... hows about adding pistols in the game? Doesnt have to be dual wield but just that the toon doesnt use a rifle, but pulls out a pistol, takes aim and shoots. I know some might say "pistols are not as precise as rifles, range, power, yadda yadda" but hey - this is a game. And one that doesnt really care about being realistic (rapid fire bow anyone?). So what you think?Winterssong6 11 May
11 May Best Horde race for hunter? As the title says what is the best looking horde race for hunter? Not too fussed with racials, im just planning in faction changing mine:)Banterus40 11 May
09 May Is BM overtaking MM? Hey everyone i am not a regular poster but had to ask this. Is bm overtaking mm? Every bm i see is doing so much more dps wise i can pull on a average between 0.9 to 1.3 mill dps (depending on movement) on shorter fights i can burst to peak hights but if a bm is present they always seem to be at the top of the dps meters. Just looking for opinions and views so stay nice hahaSindera12 09 May
08 May What pet(s) do you use? Hey all. Saw a topic like this on the US forum and figured it could be a fun thread here as well. As the topic states, what pet do you use? Do you go entirely for the skills it brings to the table, or do you have that one pet you just can't get yourself to swap out? To start out, this hunter was my first character in WoW, way back in WotLK, and his first tame was a cougar in Mulgore. A dull appearance, but it sure could bite things! At level ... 14 or 15 or there-about, I was sitting in the Crossroads waiting for a friend to come back from AFK, and decided to go exploring a bit. I came across a lion pride, and there in the middle of the pride was a cheetah. This cheetah was named Dishu, and I still didn't know about named rare. I managed to kill all the lions without killing Dishu, and tamed her. Ever since then, Dishu has been named Reapa and has saved my life so many times. She's held mobs while I ran away in Stranglethorn and Tanaris, she's sped off across the plains of Nagrand in chase of Durn the Hungerer, she's soloed elite giants in Feralas. Reapa, this druid-travel-form kitty, just cannot be replaced. I've tried a few times, but all others just seem to be weaker. It's confirmation bias I know, but hey. I play to have fun, and Reapa makes it fun.Calydor39 08 May
06 May Survival and melee - Talent changes and glyphs proposed This thread is aimed at giving a personal opinion about a spec that led to the fantasy of a melee hunter and the purchase of WoW back in 2004. All information are drawn from BfA alpha and beta videos, forum posts and legion gameplay. Consens: With the addition of a crossbow proc dot, the replacing of flanking strike with kill command, and the removal of lacerate, the melee aspect of the gameplay seems very off to me. So far, i haven't come across any information to "why" this was done. The compromise: In order to reach most players, the highest priority should be to not only make a spec working in all environments, but also to offer diversity in aspects of it's identity. This can be done by making use of the talent tree and further create glyphs to slot. Here is the list of skills and changes, i would highly recommend to look at: 1a) Flanking Strike Vs. Kill Command Talent row "15" --> "Alpha Predator": KC is replaced with FS Talent row "60" --> "Bloodseeker": no other change for FS / all good Talent row "90" --> KC's dmg is increased by 30%, 2 charges // FS gains 1 more charge and blesses any dev who implements this 1b) Remove KC, add legion FS, rest like 1a. 2) No - Crossbow - For - Serpent Sting --> make it a blow pipe or javelin with poison or a thrown axe. No bow or xbow whatsoever in the spec. Also remove pistol shot from outlaw rogues and give them the old dispatch (the non finisher) instead. 3) Animations --> MB animation from legion was good, use it --> FS animation from legion was good, use it 4) Add carve as baseline, as weak as you want it --> Row "30" "Butchery" replaces carve 5) Wildfire Bomb --> listen to all the feedback, that has been posted on the test forums. 6) Murder of Crows --> remove and replace with a core melee ability, for example: "Crow Sting" --> Quickly stabs your enemy 8 times over 4 sec for dmg modified by any serpent sting and or wildfire bomb applications on the target (up to 50% more dmg), 45s cooldown --> Row "60" "Murder of Crows" does something awesome in addition, like adding a knockback/stun/slow/swarm of crows attacking with you + cd reduction for each enemy killed 7) Glyps In case you wont do any of the above, please consider adding glyphs: --> Serpent Sting uses a pipe or a spear/javelin instead of a boringbow. You did D2, right? There was an Amazon hero using something similar. --> KC uses the FS animation at all times (...) I truly believe that these changes would benefit the overall class desing and gameplay. At least from my point of view as a melee player since 2004. If in any case you do not like the proposed changes, keep in mind that they are a personal opinion. I tried to cover a lot of bases mainly for melee, as this is the core fantasy of the spec in my understanding and has been presented in legion that way, too. Thank you for reading, please push if you like and tell any devs.Tritonia0 06 May
05 May Survi ranged Raptor Strike in Beta Hello everyone! As I can't post in the beta forums (no access at this moment) I'll try to do it here. I would like to talk about new Survival animations. From BfA the Aspect of the Eagle will let us do Raptor Strikes from the distance. I found that many people would agree with me that the current ranged Raptor Strike animation in Beta is not fitting the class fantasy at all. I was checking lots of YT materials about Survival spec BfA design and there are always comments like this: "We need that ranged Raptor Strike to be throwing spear like Troll Headhunters from WC3". I think that would be perfect instead of throwing burning birds. For me throwing a spear would be much better substiute (similar to the Warrior's Heroic Throw) becouse in the end, a standard raptor strike is just a spear hit. What do you think about this? If anybody has beta access and agrees with me, please forward it to the fitting Beta forum.Wapti3 05 May
04 May Please let survival equip bows in bfa (...without being punished) Blizzard, you are so close to making survival awesome again (imo). The only thing is, I really REALLY love using bow and arrows. I can't be the only one that loves the look of the spec in alpha but also longs so dearly for the choice of using a bow with it. Currently in the alpha we have a fair amount of ranged capability which is excellent, but considering we only have one melee ability, could you please allow us to equip ranged weapons and when doing so make raptor strike have a generic spear animation? In my head that's just as plausible/logical as equipping a polearm and having your ranged ability have a ranged animation (I.e serpent sting handbow). I don't think this would make anyone want to stay in ranged, since other than reapplying our dots and using our focus builder we can't do anything. There are however times where it would be cool, such as kiting in pvp. I know many people may think it's a daft idea since autoattacks with a bow in melee range don't really make sense. But that's fine, those people can just play as intended and equip a melee weapon. You could make auto shots at melee range pull out a dagger and do a generic dagger animation - I think that'd be cool. The point is, wow is an rpg and we should be able to play as we like. Who remembers the wow tv adverts from like 10 years ago with famous people like ozzy ozbourne and Mr T? They were advertising the fact that you could play however you wanted/make your ideal rpg character even it underperformed. This made the game amazingly fun and appealing. It would just be the cherry on top of the awesome spec sv appears to be in bfa if we could use bows without being punished. Thanks in advance, Blizzard.Elebif10 04 May
04 May Viper's Venom Feedback I really feel like the Viper's Venom talent should proc from auto attacks. Pro's: People who wanna play survival with bows (yes you read that right) can get procs from ranged and it makes bow usage more viable (but obviously still nowhere near melee) Con's: None (since melee users still get the same proc from the same thing: attacking in melee) There you go, proof blizz should 100% do thisSylvánás0 04 May
04 May The biggest, flashiest of pets ...for a goblin, of course. Tonight I started going through all the mail appearances I still haven't collected and I found a goblin quest that rewards a chest piece. To me this meant starting a new hunter, and I thought, as long as I'm going to make another hunter, why not create another themed stable. I decided to go with the bigger the better :) My first thought was dinosaurs, of course. But besides them, which do you think are the most imposing, impressive of pets?Korrina7 04 May
04 May Bow strings! I have recently noticed that if you are using a bow in game, the bow string is on the outside of your arm. Isnt it supposed to be on the inside of your arm? (between your arm and your body). Try holding a bow in real life. Holding it with the string on the outside feels very unnatural and if you want to shoot an arrow, you first have to change the way your holding your bow. I dont know if its like this on all races, but it looks kind of stupid once youve seen it. Seems like a small detail that could be fixed easily. Correct me if im wrong. What do you think about this?Vaélyn3 04 May
02 May Disappearing Pet Does anyone else have a problem of their active pet disappearing? Seems like a lot of the time when passing through a phased area my pet will just disappear and I will have to recall them.Freyrocks6 02 May
02 May Paladin vs Hunter Today I did a 2v2 skirmish and there was another MM hunter with me. The enemy had only 1 person, a ret pala. The person almost killed both of us but in the end my partner had 100k hp left when he managed to killed the paladin after I died. I think paladins need buffs.Torcho10 02 May
02 May Rarest Tamable Beast Hello all fellow hunters! I've been searching after rares for quite some time. To an extent, i am making somewhat of a collection here: it's challanging and overall very entertaining. But i would like to get a serious, rare pet. Currently, i am stalking Trigore, which appears to be the most challanging rare i ever tried to tame (he's never spawned!). Which rare pet is the hardest to get, in your opinion?Laelnara9 02 May
02 May Hunter Animation Delay Copy paste from general, hoping for some feedback : So I was thinking about making a hunter for quite a long time, just to find out this : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761747595#1 Are you kidding me? Game breaking animation delay on hunter for one year? Do hunter mains not realize this or just got used to it?Crosstail1 02 May
02 May Mage tower bugged I'm trying to do the mage tower challenge and Tugar sometimes resets when i used feign death ?! I have the shadow mask as a legendary for the heal .(BM here ) This is 2nd time in 2 tries tugar dissapears and i have to leave the instance so i can reset it . I manage to complete it in couple of tries but this looks bugged to me , i like to mention while i was feign death my pet was still alive . I double tapped rapidly my feign death key so i guess that sorted things out .Aarna3 02 May
30 Apr Dear Blizzard. Dear Blizzard. I am very glad that you gave hunters a melee path, but was it really necessary eliminating one handed weapons option for them? It was fine in Cataclysm, but then instead of good old two axes Rexxar style you decided to give us spears. Why? Is it that hard to leave einhanded in the code or what? Like, what if I want to be a badass and chop my enemies up with two swords after my pet got 'em down? Wasn't the community needs at the top of the list since Draenor failure? Some diversity is nice, sure. But it already was in the game, so why deleting it.Уркхайнтых0 30 Apr
29 Apr Pet Stable Full Hi, my pet stable Is now full, meaning I can't tame atm, Is there anywhere else to store my pets so that I can have free boxes to tame again ? Many thanks.Akelaa6 29 Apr