Hunter

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
04 Nov [Guide] In-Depth Survival Guide Introduction When Legion launched, Survival specialization was changed to melee and given an entirely new tool kit. But this you probably already know, however it is still a new specialization, with many different guides on the net offering contradictory advice. Parts of this guide follows the precedent set by Icy-Veins.com's Survival guide (shoutout to Azortharion), however especially the Rotation section varies significantly. I've been playing purely Survival since launch and currently raiding with the spec as well. At the moment it is widely considered to be the weakest of the 3 hunter specs, and while that might be true, a large part is the inherent complexity of the rotation. So lets get started! Ability Overview: Mongoose Bite[MgB]: Main damage dealing ability, with 3 charges that applies a 12 second buff increasing all further MgB damage by 50% per stack. Stacks up to 6 times but the buff does not refresh. Is the baseline for the DPS windows covered in the Rotation segment. 12 Seconds CD affected by Haste. No focus cost. Mastery: Hunting Companion[M:HC]: The bread, butter and bane of Survival hunters. Gives your pet's special attacks a chance to grant an additional charge of MgB. 500 Mastery equals 1% pet procc chance. Explosive Trap[ET]: A hefty damage dealer with a 12 second cooldown (After Talents and Traits). Damage is split between the initial burst and a lasting DoT. AoE. No focus cost. Flanking Strike[FS]: Solid damage with a 6 second base cooldown affected by haste. Double chance of proccing M:HC. Costs 50 Focus. Lacerate[Lac]: DoT with 12 seconds duration and 10 seconds cooldown. Costs 35 Focus. Dragonsfire Grenade[DfG]: AoE ability with split damage between burst and DoT. Long cooldown of 30 seconds. Recommended talent (See Talents). No focus cost. Throwing Axes[TA]: Talent. Main filler ability, 2 charges with 15 seconds cd affected by haste. Quickly throws 3 axes, good both melee ranged. Fury of the Eagle[FotE]: Artifact Power. Damages in a cone and is channeled for 4 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Is affected by the damage buff from MgB and also increases the duration of the MgB buff by 4 seconds. Is now on global cooldown after the content patch containing Emerald Nightmare. Carve: Filler AoE. Low on damage, but better than nothing. Can be replaced by Butchery (See Talents), which is not recommended. Costs 40 focus. Harpoon: 5-40 yard range charge mechanic. 20 seconds cooldown. Raptor Strike[RS]:Purest trash, probably tied for worst in the game. Does around 10% of the damage your other abilities does, even after unavoidable Artifact damage increases. Should only ever be used when everything else is on CD. Costs 25 focus.DPS Cooldown Overview: Aspect of the Eagle[AotE]: Primary dps cooldown. Gives an additional 25% chance for your pet to procc MgB charges and increases all damage done by 30% with Aspect of the Skylord Artifact trait. Lasts 10 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown. Snake Hunter[SH]: Talent. Instantly grants you 3 charges of Mongoose Bite. 1.5 minutes cooldown. Note that it gives new charges, not stacks of the buff.Pet Overview The nature of our Mastery means there are two significant factors about your pet. Firstly the pet should be specced Tenacity, since it gives an extra AoE attack that can procc M:HC. Secondly it should come from one of three pet families: Either Scorpid for [Deadly Sting], Riverbeast for [Gruesome Bite] or Carrion Bird for [Bloody Screech]. Which of these three doesn't matter. The reason for this is that they count as extra special attacks and can procc M:HC. Talents Tier 1: Throwing Axes is the clear choice here, giving decent damage and works as a good filler. Animal Insticts applies a random buff for 7 seconds every FS, however neither 10% Haste nor Mastery is particulary useful, and the 33% chance to get 30% increased movement speed is downright bad. Way of the Mok'Nathal is a talent I've seen a few guides recommend, and it's good - On paper. This talent is bad, the primary problem being the incredibly low damage of RS, and having to get 4 RS off AND reapply one every 8 seconds is a huge waste of DPS. Testing this talent and maintaining the buff currently costs me around 55% of my dps. Bad idea. Tier 2: 3 interesting talents, however SH is completely necessary to achieving 6 stacks of MgB consistently, so there's no competition. The others are good, but not essential, unlike SH. Tier 3: Choice is between [Farstrider] and [Posthaste] although if you want 3 more seconds of Aspect of the Cheetah it won't matter that much. Personally use [Farstrider] for better combat mobility, since I play a gnome and [Escape Artist] allows me to escape roots. Either works. Tier 4: 2 of these talents provide some nice PvP utility, the last one is a strong PvE boost. Improved Traps is the choice for the 50% cd reduction on ET, no discussion really. Tier 5: 3 PvP utility talents (Sticky Bombs deal no damage). Personally use Camouflage because I'm trying to convice the Rogues to let me into their secret class hall. (No luck yet) Tier 6: AoE Tier. Actually used Butchery to great success early Legion, but the long cooldown and only 3 charges meant that you'd be out of AoE after the first mob group since it completely removes Carve. DfG provides a nice single target DoT as well as spread damage to go with ET. Serpent Sting sadly falls way behind the other two in damage output. Tier 7: First talent [Spitting Cobra] allows for increased focus regen and a bit of damage. Since Survival is not focus starved it's hardly relevant. [Aspect of the Beast] is useless since our pet is specced Tenacity anyway and having it reducing 15% damage is rather pointless. [Expert Trapper] is the way to go.Fizzlesticks18 04 Nov
8m Buff BM https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#boss=2070&sample=7 Worth a shotArmex3 8m
7h Beast Mastery: Dire Frenzy vs. Beast Stop for Mythic+ So I've been following Icy Veins for some time to try and make my BM spec as optimal as possible. I'm in a situation where I do almost exclusively Mythic+ on this character, and work with whatever gear upgrade I can get, determining upgrades by a combination of item level and addons to say "This item is X percent better than this item". Until today, I was under the impression that a Dire Frenzy vs. Beast Stomp build came down to which secondary stat you had higher; Mastery or Crit. I have 70% mastery and 25% crit, so I am currently using a Dire Frenzy build. Only now I go onto Icy Veins and see that the Dire Frenzy build is no longer optimal, and is outclassed by the Beast Stomp build entirely? I don't expect to be the very best (like no one ever was), but I at least want to try to optimise my character as best I can without going over every little stat with a fine toothed comb and a calculator! So, to keep it simple, given my high level of mastery, which build is currently the most optimal for Mythic+ in general? Also, what options are there for gear comparison addons? I am currently using Pawn, but I'm not 100% certain it's entirely accurate, given how I'm supposedly needing to prioritise crit > mastery, the opposite of what I currently have? Edit: In addition, I currently have a choice between these two legendaries, which IV says are best for BM; Mantle of Command and Roar of the Seven Lions. Given that Call of the Wild outranks both of them, I presume that stays by default. So what should I use?Ragvir1 7h
13h 2 Amazing 1 button bm macros Hi guys, Ive made a couple of macros, you can literally bind these to scroll wheel if you want. Ive bound them to scroll wheel xD macro 1 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /use [combat] /castsequence [nochanneling] !Cobra Shot,Chimaera Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Dire Beast,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot macro 2 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /use [combat] /cast Maalus, the Blood Drinker /castsequence [nochanneling] !Aspect of the Wild /cast Bestial Wrath /cast Stampede Macro 1 is the base rotation, I use chim shot as a talent, this macro works by allowing enough time in the rotation to do dps before chim shot comes back off cooldown again. Macro 2 is the damage cooldowns, you can press this and it will do your dps cooldowns and stampede at the same time so you get the most damage out of stampede. I use stampede the talent too. Hope these bring you fun.Zulgari8 13h
14h Ditch the melee The hunter melee spec is always going to have problems, it's never going to be allowed to flourish and be the strongest spec because almost all hunters took this class to be ranged DPS, what makes things worse is that the ranged survival spec we gave up for this was really good and a lot of fun. The original problem of the specs not being different enough is gone now, you have BM with loads of pets and huge pet management and MM with its almost caster level of requiring to stand still so give back our dot spreading fully mobile trap throwing ranged hunter. Honestly if you wanted to change a hunter spec you would be better to give us a tank or healer spec. Yes I'm aware of the absurdity of the idea of a healer hunter. I loved playing survival as did so many hunters I know, the melee spec is garbage and so badly implemented. I'm sure there are many other posts on this I could have added too but the one I found was badly written.Kevjp76 14h
18h New Weapon: Pistols Come on Blizzard, You got to do this :P 1 Pistol counts as two so you don't have to collect two of them. It would be awesome :DKaylon41 18h
19h MM fun? Hey guys, What do you think about MM? Are they fun to you? (Those of you who play(ed) it.Dadruy26 19h
21h Redish feathermane pet Saw a redish feathermane pet on two legs. Looked slightly like the Ravenlord pet but red. Wheres that beauty from? Anyone knows? :OÎssen3 21h
21h Hotfix in testing! *Tame Beast will no longer trigger trinket procs. Thank god, now, if they can train Rexxar to not take agrro from the beast i am trying to tame in legion, i bet the hunter class will be fine! I mean, surely Rexxar hunts alone as he keep saying in heartstone with all his 1milion+ pets, but i on the other hand is a beast master hunter, i need my pets! /sarcasme off.Assassia3 21h
1d Professions for a hunter? Hello! I wanted to ask what would be good professions to choose for hunter? I'm marksman hunter and have not played as a hunter before so not sure what professions would be beneficial. I would like to do raiding, bossing and bg's.Edkot0 1d
1d Best Looking Hunter by Race 2017 Hey, folks. I am interested in you entirely subjective, straight from the gut feelings - which race looks best as a Hunter*. Bonus kudos** if you post on your own awesome looking Hunter. Thank you. *Demon Hunters are ineligible for this offer. **Bonus Kudos has no real-world monetary value or in-game benefit.Purity11 1d
1d Beast Mastery Please do something about this spec. A complete redesign. It's literally the worst spec ever, just sit around a corner and let the pets do all the work. Literally a fiver year old could master this class. Why design a class that's based around doing nothing at all, seriously it's completely a joke. One problem with this game in PvP is passive damage, the art of doing completely nothing yet still performing damage correctly. Fix this !@#$, I'd rather %^-* in my hands and clap than play this spec.Mileyycyrus21 1d
1d Mage tower FD bug So atleast in BM challenge Feign Death sometimes resets the encounter... and I have the helm legendary. fun challengeGob3 1d
1d low dps was running coven antorus and my dps was counted to 400-500k. i ran a sim on raidbots and it was 950k dps. how do i find out what i am doing wrong and improve?Amína7 1d
1d ... ...Enryki1 1d
1d Need help to improve MM Hi fellow hunters! I always thought I performed pretty ok for a casual player but installed warcraftlogs to see if reality is as I thought. The logs showed overall green and from what I understand that is not that good compared to what I could do, or should be doing :( I try to follow Icy-Veins as much as possible during the fights. I'm really open to all the help I can get. My logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/wildhammer/crowglimCrowglim0 1d
1d Please Save Hati! [BM Hunter] [EU] Greetings fellow hunters. This is to bring more attention to a US forum post here. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759638165?page=1 As well as give us on the EU forums a place to talk about it. Personally speaking I've grown quite fond of the little derp. Or should I say I've grown fond of having an extra derpy pet by my side named Hati. Because I'm sure like many of you I have had him permanently changed as soon I unlocked the option. I side more with the suggestions of making two active pets baseline for BM. Though at the same time I'd guess that part of the reason pet AI/path-finding took such a nosedive in Legion was down to programming two active pets. So maybe them reverting back to one is due to this issue. But anyway, your thoughts?Faolanhart26 1d
1d How to get t20? I'm raiding heroic antorus with my guild and my dps is kinda low. Apparently I need better legendaries and trinkets, more mastery, 4t20 and 1t21 So I'm grinding argus everyday, that will eventually sort out mastery, legs, trinkets after I buy enough relinquished. Now I need tarnished sentinel medallion trinket. Is raid finder good enough? What about the t20, is raid finder sufficient? I only just started my raiding for this expac because I desperately want the violet spellwing, and because I'm trying to work out whether to main hunter long-term, so I ended up missing t20 :/Kîri2 1d
1d MM or BM for PvP Hi I just hit 110 on this toon. I would like to know if MM or BM is the best? Survival is not an option for me atm since i want to play ranged. i Did level in BM and i think its fun but its not worth playing it i guess if MM is twice as good? I am a casual player btw Any opinions?Klíkken2 1d
1d Rate the transmog above you! V6 The old thread has reached it's limit. To next person: My bow is invisible! It's a plain light brown vanilla bow, suppose it's buried in wow history. :DAntler375 1d
2d Bugged Tier 21 bonuses (MM) I went and completed my tier 21 4-piece set bonus today, and I noticed that my entire 2-piece bonus is completely negated, as in, it does nothing. I have been testing various gear with the 2piece bonus, and neither the 30% damage increase to focus generators nor the 25% focus increase seems to be working for me. For what its worth I'm wearing the head(930ilevel), cape(930ilevel), gloves(warforged 935ilevel) and the leggings(930ilevel). Am I the only one experiencing this?Panzeriv3 2d
3d sad hunter... just spent a while camping Karoma and finally got him up! Dropped down to tame and my stupid *&^%ing trinket procced 2 worgs that instakilled him. sob........ *goes off to facepalm self and cry in corner*Lazypeon5 3d
3d Battle for Azeroth - Quiver gone? I want new cosmetic options for arrow quivers. In my opinion it's something that belong to hunter class. But I noticed that in the gameplays from blizzcon, there is no quiver equipped by hunters. Are they going to add the quivers in time or not?Ronvet4 3d
4d Hunter Pet Animation Glitch HELP! Ever since I ran through one of the green rivers on Argos to get to the raid, my hunter pet is glitched. She just pads around and explodes in green goo every second. Takes no damage but it's very offputting. I tried dying. Tried the pet dying. Have stabled and pulled the pet out, and all to no avail, she just explodes into green puddles. Any ideas?Tammiey6 4d
5d Race choice for legion survival hunter Hi I'm gonna level a survival hunter in legion, and I was wondering what race would fit the fantasy for this spec best? The obvious choice would be orc I think, or maybe troll. I like the female nelf melee animation, but I always imagined them more of a marksman hunter. What do you guys think?Whitewhisp16 5d
5d Horde hunter race? I know this should be whatever I like to look at, but with some of the changes comming , shall i keep my hunter undead or perhaps change to female orc for wod? Also I kind of like the goblin look, I know racials are not a massive thing , but I will mostly be derpin about in pvp and mayb a bit of raiding, not 100% sure as most of my guild is on summer break, and I am just getting my hunter from 87 to 90 :~)Skumie30 5d
5d Survival top! YES its only a teeny amount of parses and its gonna change but right NOW Survival Hunters are parsing the best in Antorus in Mythic!! https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17Hamishmcdebt8 5d
5d Unfair Antorus survival set bonus??? So i was just looking at this and... why did they make a completely useless and unusable set bonus? Raptor strike has absolutely nothing to do with my rotation and nor will it ever have, how am i actually meant to use this bonus in light of this?Serikos7 5d
6d Fix Antorus Set, raiding with past gear is not good. After researching a bit on some webs I realized that, as MM, to reach the maximum DPS potential you have to use 4 pieces of ToS set (for its bonus), rest 2 pieces from new instance and whatever improves remaining slots best. Maybe is a bit to soon to make this conclusion the correct one, but all aims to that reasoning, since many sims and comparisons were made already. I can't understand that the new set doesn't get an overhaul, that the devs leave things like they are, since it is not logical, in a game that is based on player improvement the more you advance in harder content. Im not that deep into BM, but i think the matter is even worse, where wearing two pieces from tier 19 is the best way to improve their DPS. Does this happen to other classes, or are we the only leftovers?Narakamos5 6d
6d New lone wolf idea So lone wolf should be made into a default passive skill and not a talent choice for all mm hunters as it's the only option you can pick in the 1st line of talents. It's too good not to pick which kinda messes up the whole no cookie cutter builds. The skill should also be change up to give us a little more freedom. While no pet is active ingress your damage by 18%. This means MM can use their pet when ever but lose the damage boost while it's out.Vorren31 6d
09 Dec Survival Hunter changes in BfA. Share your Ideas! In the rescent Q&A Ion Hazzikostas said, when asked about class revamps/changes, that there are definately classes they reworked in Legion, which didnt really work out. He gave, aside from Demo warlock, SURVIVAL hunter as a example of a Spec they are not happy with of how it turned out. He also said that they are still commited to Survival hunter as a Melee Hunter spec. So in light of this I'd like to ask your ideas for the revamped Surv Hunter we might get in Bfa! How I'd like this spec to Change: Every time I think about what a survival hunter is, I look at Units from WC3 or Heroes in WoW, that are supposed to represent this spec. Rexxar Comes to mind, as he is a melee hunter. Though arguably his whole Fantasy is crammed into the ranged BM Hunter. So he as a model goes out off the window. Though there are other Units and wow entities that would fit the bill of a survival hunter. That is supposed to be a Trapper. Someone that Preys, weakens his target and then finally moves into melee for the kill. Headhunters! In my eyes it would fit perfectly to model Survival around them. A mid ranged hunter that sticks his target full with throwing axes and Javelins bevor he moves in for the kill. Ofcourse this would require some changes. First off. I dont care if it stays 2handed or becomes dual wield. Though I'd like both Options. Also remove the pet! My proposed changes. -Mongoose bite. Your hardest hitting ability. It is empowered by stacks of "In for the Kill/Headhunting". It is also merged with Harpoon and deals more damage to Targets below 35% HP. -Raptor strike. Remove it and replace it with "Javelin/Axe toss". Your main spender of Focus and Generator for "In for the Kill/Headhunting". It becomes unusable once you reach 6 stacks of "in for the Kill/Headhunting". This is also a midranged ability of 20-30 Yards. -New Passive: In for the Kill/Headhunting. Javelin/Axe Toss generate this passive that stacks up 6 times. Each stack empowers your Mongoose bite by a percentage. Once you reach 6 stacks you are unable to use Javelin/Axe Toss. To get rid of the stacks use Mongoose bite. -Lacerate. Combine it with Wing Clip. A slowing Dot that is used in melee range, or turned into "Bolar strike" if talented into rangers net. -Carve. Throws a bunch of throwing axes/Javelins in a cone bevor you, damaging enemies in it. Each target hit generates 1 Stack of "in for the Kill/Headhunter". It also Empowers your mongoose bite to deal it's damage in a cleave area infront of you. I could go into different Talent changes according to my ideas but I'll leave it at that. I think this could create a very unique spec in WoW, that has a vastly different gameplay from many other classes. Main premise is: "Sustained damage from afar and burst up Close". Looking Forward to thoughts and other ideas!Bwimtoru47 09 Dec
09 Dec When is the cure going to come? We need sometning to change in hunter . 2 pvp seasons same crap. I am tired being the underdog spending hours in LFG trying to find a team that would actually need a hunterAbsolence1 09 Dec
08 Dec Arcane shot and multi-shot animation delay Hi. I have MM-hunter, created from about 7.2, and have annoying issues with two abilities - arcane shot and multi-shot. They have a masssive delay between the damage and animation appear in 90% of the time. In the dungeons the problem disappears. It's looks like here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4BGDJ_PIw I have a stable 115-118 ms latency, any attempts to fix it with "SpellQueueWindow" does not working here. I reported the problem (Submit Bug) many-many times, long times ago, have no reactions, and still see some topics about it only on us.battle.net forums with no sane answers or solutions.Mechanicus5 08 Dec
08 Dec Give me my Bow and Quiver! I was very sad about the statement in the Q&A that the artifact appearances will be locked to specs for transmog after Legion. I was hoping they'd be locked to class instead, if locked at all. I'm one of those BM hunters that hated that we got a gun. A while back I decided to start unlocking all the appearances of the oh so goodlooking MM-bow, despite not liking the spec at all or being any good at it, so that I could transmog to it after Legion at least. I now have every single appearance unlocked but one, the prestige lvl 15 one. I even did the Mage Tower as MM, which was a real struggle with this spec that I really suck at! I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to use Thas'dorah for transmog as BM. I'm a hunter! A ranger. I can use bows! Locked options usually have lore reasons, but specs are a gameplay mechanic, not taken from lore. A BM hunter is just a hunter. About the quiver. I started playing in BC and had a quiver on my back from then, through Wrath and for a while in Cata (there was this thing where you didn't need the quiver anymore, but if you had one equipped it would still appear). I'm happy about MM getting a quiver again with Legion. They should have a quiver, that's where the arrows for the bow comes from! I can't be the only one thinking it's weird that we actually have less customization with quivers now than what we did 7 years ago. Why can't we just have them? Do they absolutely have to be locked to one spec, one expansion, one big thing? Why can't we just have them with the reasoning being that our bows use arrows?Laeleiweyn6 08 Dec
08 Dec BM pets on felhounds "issues?" last night on mythic felhounds my pets kept getting stuck around the room when dogs was kited, heroic aint a problem as dogs are stationery but on mythic where they are kited it seems they are gabs they get stuck in. also my kill command missed alot 30 casts before i died ( rip ) but only 8 hits. anyone else having theese "issues" on that fight ?Kieá0 08 Dec
08 Dec Why DPS so low Why is my DPS so low , im normally avg Ilvl in the group and still am bottom of recount tables on ATBT bosses. Avg between 700k-800k which hasnt changed in about 15 ilvls. Any advice or help welcome for a little scrub.Bigkahunaa2 08 Dec
07 Dec Help with improving my DPS So, I've tried everything... getting haste around 10%, getting haste around 20%, crit around 26-27%, getting crit over 40%, whilst keeping mastery around 26-30%, but with my ilvl, I think I should be doing a lot more dmg than I am (currently I do around 950-1 mill, I manage to get it to 1.5 with CDs somehow). Can you guys help me out?Ajmemeni3 07 Dec
07 Dec BM hunter class changes beta info - x-post from US "BM Hunter looks like it’s close to the top of the list for class changes in the new expansion. So far we’re only at the demo stage for development, so I would expect more changes to the spec. Check out the talent changes if you haven’t looked yet here: http://www.wowhead.com/bfa-talent-calc/hunter/beast-mastery Besides talent changes, the main baseline changes are as follows: Cobra shot reduces the Cooldown of kill command by 1 second Dire Frenzy is now baseline and Dire Beast is now a talent Tranquilizing Shot is returning Aspect of the Pack is coming back as a raid buff that provides 15% movement speed to allies within 40 yards. The daze is completely removed All good changes in my opinion. Dire Frenzy/Dire Beast appears to function the same except Dire Beast received a bump in focus regen up to 20 focus. No real news on what will be baked in from the artifact weapon. It does appear that we will be going back to 1 pet. I kinda liked Hati, but the second pet mechanic caused too many problems. If they can make it work better I’d love to see it make a return in the future. Until then it’s probably best to remove it and give more power back to our pet. Talent changes: Tier 15 Big game hunter Way of the Cobra Dire Beast The talents them selves haven’t changed, but Dire Beast has moved to this tier. I think moving Dire Beast here is a great change. It doesn’t compete with other active abilities so you’re not missing out on something new to cast. Way of the cobra is going to need to be either removed, moved to a different tier, or reworked. This talent primarily worked best with Dire Beast and now that’s been made impossible, and since we are going back to only 1 pet it’s going to be receiving an indirect nerf. I’m not the biggest fan of big game hunter but I’ve used it some and it’s not so overshadowed by the other talents at this point, so I can live with it staying. Tier 30 One with the Pack Dire Stable Chimaera Shot Again these Talents still function the same. Honestly I think this tier is perfect like this. They all have to do with regaining focus in someway and this makes chimaera shot much easier to take. Tier 45 Posthaste Farstrider Trailblazer This tier needs some work. Posthaste is fine, but still is the only real choice in this tier. Farstrider needs to be dumped or reworked. Having such a low chance to get to jump back a few yards and nothing else is not even close to worth it. Trailblazer has little to no point outside of getting around the world a little faster and is now even worse with Aspect of the Pack coming back. Tier 60 Bestial Fury-no changes Venomous Bite (new)- cobra shot reduces the cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 1 second. Thrill of the Hunt (new)- Dire Frenzy/Dire Beast increases your critical strike chance by 3% stacking up to 3 times. Not the most exciting tier and the new talents aren’t mind blowing, but at least they are all pretty in line with each other. I’m ok with the new talents, but venomous Bite does feel a bit redundant in addition to Dire Frenzy/Beast and wild call mechanics. It still seems like we’ll be casting cobra shot a lot, so venomous Bite might be pretty good/fun to have even more ability resets. Tier 75 Binding Shot Wyvern Sting Intimidate No changes. Same old same old. Tier 90 Stomp- now works with Dire Frenzy Barrage Stampede. I really like having all of our AoE on 1 tier, so I think the positioning of the talents works well. I’m really happy to see stomp working with Dire Frenzy as well. What I really don’t like is that Stampede is staying the same. Nobody likes this talent. It’s damage is nice, but it’s design horrendous. If we can’t have the old stampede back I hope this talent gets thrown out or at he very least reworked. The 3min cooldown on it is rediculous, but the worst thing about it is that it’s just a stream of damage in a straight line that is easily avoidable. Tier 100 Killer Cobra A Murder of Crows Aspect of the Beast All of these still function the same. I’m pretty tired of Killer Cobra though. It has gotten pretty old just casting cobra shot, kill command, cobra shot, kill command, over and over. With cobra shot now reducing kill commands cooldown by 1 second, I don’t really see a point for this talent anymore. I’d rather have some sort of active ability in its place. AMoC is probably a good fit for this tier, so I have no problems with it or it’s tier placement. Aspect of the Beast needs some changes. The damage reduction aspect is its only saving grace and that’s really only good for solo content. The bleed is weak and is going to need a serious buff if it’s going to try to compete with AMoC. It really needs something else instead of a slow if you run cunning. We already have concussive shot and certain pets have built in slows. I don’t think the talent is terrible, but it needs some work. So that’s all I’ve got for now. Like I said everything is only in the demo stage, so there’s no reason to freak out yet. Blizzards attention is aimed at BM Hunter right now though, so if we’re smart we will give as much feedback as we can towards whatever they show us. What are your thoughts and opinions so far?" I love how they're thinking now, but I will be seriously bummed out if we can't have 2 pets. Sure, get rid of Hati, but let us tame our own! :D Anyway, very informative.Wïcker1 07 Dec
06 Dec Idea: The "simple" solution for having quivers So, a lot of us hunters love the quivers, and the fact that they only appear when we equip one of the MM artifact appearances and disappear when we mog to another bow appearance. The simple solution to that: make quivers available as toys ( available only to hunters ), with no cooldown, so that we can "equip" them at will. This would make us, quiver-lovers, more than happy and dissipate all concerns that quivers will go away (again) once we let go of our Thas'Dorah. Hope you guys like the ideaAydén1 06 Dec
06 Dec BM-Execute Phase Idea I don't mean to be arrogant but first week of Antorus and we see most fights are in favor for Aoe,Cleave or Dot based classes.There was a few fights in Tomb BM looked good but it isn't same with Antorus Raid. Tbh,if we had some kind of buff mechanic in execute phase,it would make the spec playable in mythic mode,otherwise,I'm pretty sure most BM mains will reroll in mythic mode to other classes or to Marksman which is good but boring af. I'd say when enemy goes down % 25 HP,our pet could gain a buff like Enrage or Frenzy,giving % 20 damage buff or % 50 attack speed buff to our pet. Or we all should go play Druid/Mage/Rogue since you'll be op any tier any patch.Senjinn5 06 Dec
06 Dec Anyone been able to sim new tier set for MM? Just curious what the new 4 set sims like compared to the old 4 set? We looking at old 4 set and new 2 set still?Varnan2 06 Dec
05 Dec Sell pets on AH So been thinking what if hunters could sell pets they tame on the AH. Other hunter could then buy and use them.Vorren13 05 Dec
05 Dec Tier back to just bad again! Yay a not buff http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1078599-class-adjustments-with-maintenance-6-december/ Tier back to being just bad again!Archgordie0 05 Dec
04 Dec Pets in Antorus Anyone elese having trouble with pet not following you out of the portals on Portal Keeper Hasabel? had to dismiss and resummon 2/3 portals when teleporting back to the boss. And on Eonar when i used the activate ability to fly, hati took about 4-5 sec to appear after i landed. Same when i took those flight pads my pet didnt follow and took the long route around..Woj4 04 Dec
04 Dec Please make hunter more exciting in BfA Marksmanship rotation: pop artifact ability pop trueshot arcane shot marked shot arcane shot marked shot arcane shot marked shot ...this is so boring holy crap.Eredhwen9 04 Dec
04 Dec Shouldn't the Trailblazer talent.. remove the 30% movement speed when you're attacked? not when you attack?Talvarsyl5 04 Dec
01 Dec Taming Fenryr - survival hunters Hi, just wanted to ask - is taming fenryr anyhow possible for survival hunters now? I have never played BM much, so i can't switch specs to get him. Ofc my ilvl is still too low to really try and i have to gear up a bit more first, but i have a feeling that our pets are just not tanky enough for this yet. I would love to hear any advice from you who have tried, successfully or not :)Fänrien11 01 Dec
01 Dec Old hunter thinking about rolling a new one. Used to play hunter from vanilla to the end of TBC. I got the impression that the class is so different now, IMO close to destroyed, but is marksmanship anywhere close to how it was back in the days? Is that spec the way to go to keep it as close to my old hunter as possible?Sinka4 01 Dec