Mage

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
09 Nov [7.0] Help my DPS/Performance -thread! (Read the OP) Greetings, fellow Magelings. Considering there is no current thread like this on the Mage forums, I figured one should be here as it usually benefits quite a lot of people, while same time helping to minimize the amount of misinformation that gets spread around. What is the purpose of this thread? Simply put, it is a place where you can ask for guidance in regards to things you are unsure about, or struggle with. This includes spell usage, consumables, gear and raid compositions as all of them are relevant to maximising damage. Anyone can post to help, but please ensure that information is correct before you press the submit button if you are offering advice. The last thing we want to do is to spread untrue information. What should I not do in this thread? - Do not come here to complain or vent about issues. - Do not ask for buffs or nerfs. How do I ask for help? In order to make it as efficient as possible for the ones helping, you need to provide a certain amount of information. At the most basic level, describing what you do in the game can be sufficient for fundamental things, but for more in-depth questions that just won't cut it. ... The most commonly used logging website is WarCraftLogs. If you can link your logs from there it'll be enormously helpful. If you are unsure how to do this, or just want a bit more knowledge about WCL, feel free to have a read through the guide below. It should answer most questions. http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/ It is also preferable that you have done some research previously as to how to play your particular spec. Full spec guides will not be provided here, as they are too extensive. If you are unsure where to find spec guides, I have linked some at the bottom of the post. SimulationCraft First off I'll say this. SimC is -not- gospel, and should not be taken as such. It has gained a bad reputation for illegitimate reasons, not all the modules are great, not all cross-class DPS comparisons are great. There are flaws. However, fear not. SimC is a hugely powerful tool when it comes to optimising our characters. We are fortunate enough to have quite competent people maintaining the Mage module, and we'd be fools not to take advantage of this. It is very good for getting our characters stat weights, as well as comparing different talent combinations. Here is an excellent guide by Frosted, one of the maintainers of the Mage module, to SimCraft. It may appear to be heavy reading, but if anyone is truly interested in minmaxing, this is a handy tool to have. altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=620 Guides and helpful threads: Fire by Rinoa http://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2553 If there are any hugely valuable threads you wish me to add, feel free to give me a link and I shall have a look. <3Rinoa108 09 Nov
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
2h Arcane Tier 21 2-Piece Waddup y'all! Just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the Arcane Tier 21 2-Piece set bonus if anyone on here has a mage on the PTR ready to try it out. How does the effect interact with itself? If you cast arcane barrage with 4 charges you should get a 16% dmg bonus for 8 seconds, so what if you cast another barrage within that 8 second window? Does it add on another 4% per charge to the existing 8 second buff? Does it create a new buff? Does it refresh the old buffs timer and just dosn't add on any %? Appreciate any answers, thanks! :)Gaelus1 2h
7h Frost mage hidden artifact skin Hey guys! Do u know if knowledge level somehow reflects on daily chance to get "noise by portals"? i got like 15 or 16 knowledge level and still nothing.... i am feeling so sad... :(Fupavape16 7h
13h Mage Transmog?!..? Can you guys tell me best sets? Or tansmogs that you love.. Thank in advance...Theaven7 13h
16h Frost Hidden Fix it? It has been several months and still no frost hidden yet. I think it is extremtly too low chance to get frost hidden. Why do we need to camper for months? It is pretty stupid!Malicone2 16h
1d Unable to kill almost anyone in 1V1 Hey fella's, I've been a mage since WOW Vanilla but quit for a few years from time to time. Short story: I was quite good at pvp in the first few expansions, but every time a little less good. In the first years I could take on two to three opponents. Flashforward: I've been playing the last expansion quite active since a month. I am a frost mage: item level 902. And well: I am just unable to kill most to any opponents. Moreover, I get "one shot" by a lot of enemies. Is the problem gear? Is it skills/experience with the "new spells" or is there something fundamentally wrong with our class?Conqie20 1d
1d Displacement for other specs. I really love this ability and playing a frost mage, pvp only, it really hurts me that I lack this spell. I know that frost mages are ok in arenas and probably need nothing more. Although, imo displacement needs to be a core mage spell. I ask for no health buff, no dmg buff or even a healing ability as in the past, that most ppl ask for and I do not care that mages are a joke in 1v1, 2v2 (rogue mage excluded). Maybe for it not being op, while in not an arcane spec, displacement would not reset blinks cd and maybe reduce a bit the window time of the displacement. Do you think that it would make frost or even fire that much op? Don't you believe that this chance would solve the many problems this class faces in pvp atm?Constadina6 1d
2d Ignite Today I went to ashran. I hardly did any damage to enemy players. So I looked at my "actions" tab and I ONLY saw a list of ignites for 3,000 to 6,000 approximately. When I went back to pve again, values and hits were from the ones I really chose. What am I doing wrong ? Can anyone check this maybe in Ashran ? I have a fire mage 110 with artifact level 74 and item level 933 Please check with dire mage maybe.. Thank you !Anaisanais4 2d
2d Rate the Transmog above Last one reached it's limitNebaisa40 2d
2d Best AOE mage spec? Hello, Im pretty new to the game and I choose to level up a mage. What mage spec got the best AOE damage? I've been playing Arcane but it seems like the AOE damage is not so great. Also, what spec is better at pve and what is better at pvp at this moment?Fantazzma1 2d
3d Vurtne Hello, saw a pretty awesome video today about some classic/vanilla mage named vurtne. Just curious, Is he really all he was cracked up to be? ' The fatherhood of mage pvp ' ' Mages only pvp the way they do now because of vurtne ' ' The only reason we have maintences days is because sagaras and vurtne have a friendly duel once a week '. all this lovely comments and lavish titles, does he really deserve all that, thought I'd ask the class he himself played. anyway, Thanks for looking. Juto150 3d
3d How good is arcane mage in mythic+ +1-10 Compared to fire and frostAshisögi2 3d
3d Timing Meteor with Incanter's Flow As title says; at how many stacks of IF should I cast Meteor to make sure it gains the full 20% damage bonus?Renmaxidon2 3d
3d Fire mage question from a new mage Hey guys. I've been maining melee classes for over 10 years but a month ago I made a mage and really really loved it. I consider Arcane my main spec and enjoy it the most but I try to understand and learn all specs. I am mainly geared for Arcane and do not plan to get gear for the other specs, but I just have issues with fire that just makes it feel like the rotation is messed up. I am 922 ilvl and can pull off 900k dps as arcane on a dummy without timewarp and arcane power. I can do 800k without Icy veins and time warp on a dummy but with fire I am doing about 550k single target on a dummy without time warp and combustion. _______________________ My main confusions are with the spell travel time: I am mainly talking about Phoenix's Flames. When I fire off a fireball and it gets me heating up and I don't want to follow up with a fire blast my instinct is to finish off the fireball and then instantly follow up with a phoenix flames. The main issue is that even tho I shoot them both at the same time, the heating up gets canceled if the fireball does not crit. I believe I heard preach say in one of his videos that there is a 0.2 sec window for fire that if 2 spells hit in that window and only 1 of them crits it will give you a hotstreak. I find myself having to use a /stopcasting macro on my phoenix flames but that creates a whole new issue with travel time. If I'm standing 40yards away then by the time a fireball hits the target, crits, and causes heating up, I am already about 50% into the cast of a new fireball which I now have to cancel with my macro and shoot off my phoenix flames, which won't even give me a hotstreak until it hits the target which will take longer than the actual global cooldown leaving me in an awkward situation of having to wait for the animation before I can press Pyroblast. A lot of the time I mess up and by the time phoenix hits the target I already started casting a slow pyro before I got the hotstreak and now I have to cancel that pyro and recast it instantly. It just feels like the phoenix flames side of the rotation is completely clunky especially when you compare it to how smoothly fire blast is and how great it flows. Help me dear mages of the wow forums. Your vast wisdom is renown.Kessem5 3d
3d I spit on every Arcane in Arena Unbalanced overpowered mobility piece of you know what spec. I hope you all get removedEreckthor14 3d
4d Fire Mage PvP Montage Hi all, I recently tried making a PvP montage. Wondered if you could give it a look? Thanks :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PLXcxbvKEZuqo8 4d
4d Arcane PVP Hey guys. I was thinking about leveling my mage and I was wondering what do you guys think about arcane in 2s and 3s? ThanksCristopher1 4d
15 Nov Ice blocking enemies Apparently frost deathknights have a legendary piece that lets them freeze enemies in an ice block, similar to the Mage spell Ice Block. This is unfair. Why can't i freeze enemies like that? I am a master of the arcane!Doodlybap4 15 Nov
15 Nov Frozen touch + Deep shatter combination What happens if a frost mage is talented to "Frozen touch" and "Deep shatter" in honor talents ? I mean, frozen touch gives you %40 more fingers of frost and deep shatter disables it. Now in arenas do i ... hmmm... *nothing* %40 more if i do so ? So what ? I mean... Isn't it plain stupid -even for blizz- to prepare such a case where a talent totally negates the other ? Does any other class has such a similar idiotic situation ? PS: -not percantedly negation.... total negation... don't come up with irrelevant examples-Backpaddle5 15 Nov
14 Nov How to kill Rare Elites with Mage? Hi guys, I currently have an issue with my mage: I am working on the quest in the Legionfall campaign where I have to slay 3 rare elite demon commanders on the Broken Shore. However, I am unable to do this without a group. I can't even kill the easiest ones without help. I tried all three specs, but without success so far. Since I can't slow or freeze the elite mobs, kiting seems impossible here. Therefore, I survive as long as my mirror images are up. The moment these are down and the mob focuses on me, the only thing I can do is run away. I suppose that I am doing something wrong here. Maybe I am missing a special strategy or using the wrong talents? Are you guys able to solo these elite mobs? Or is it really normal, that mages can't do this without a group? Any help or advice would really be appreciated.Khyrelion8 14 Nov
14 Nov Give mage a self-heal ability So we can have something for PvP. The more I play Legion the more I realize this expansion has the worst PvP class balance in history of this game. Ice Block became near to useless. If I use it on low HP and no healer is around, I just postponed my death for a few seconds because they simply know it, Ice Block does not heal so DPS is like "Im gonna w8 right next to you till it goes off and then Ill just finish you". How can you give give 11 classes a means of self-heal but exclude a mage class? There is not even anything to discuss about this, its a significant disadvantage for PvP. Every class should be somewhat equaly prepared for PvP, but not giving a 1 class that one very important ability is like, OK and WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Such talk as "Mage OP" or any other class is OP has no place here. This is about simple design that has been poorly done. We dont have a stun, ok. But not having a heal is beyong stupid. There are classes that perform much better in PvP than mage class and some of those classes are near to impossible to kill or very hard to kill. When I see it and play my mage it seems almost like Blizzard wants to keep mage class handicaped, class feels incomplete. Mage feels like only one time use battery.Emusnoc42 14 Nov
13 Nov Buff Mages in PvP 1. Increase HP for all specs, ever other class is 5.5M+ HP except mages. 2. Frost : GS and Ebonbolt to be insta cast. 3. Fire : Buff Pyroblast, it's too weak, melee auto attacks hit for more. 4. Arcane: Artifact ability to be insta cast, buff Arcane Explosion, reduce mana cost by 10-15% per arcane charge. 5. New PvP anti damage spell for all specs , which makes mages immune to dmg and reflects back the same to attacker. Other classes can 100% immune dmg either physical or magic and reflect back the same as well. 6. Self heal for all mage specs , Only Fire has self heal right now. Buff that a bit by 15-20%. Ice Block should heal same as WoD. Additional healing linked to dmg spells. Mages are only class right now without self healing (except Fire). 7. Poly should no longer heal enemy . No other cc in the game does that, why should poly? 8. Temporal shield should be back to it's 7.0 version. Should be cancellable. 9. Some sort of disarm to deal against melee. Thanks.Spyk33 13 Nov
13 Nov Why do spell casters use melee weapons? I don't understand something. Why does a mage use a sword as an artifact when they never use it? Why is it not a staff or a wand? Same as a shadow priest, it has a dagger... but it is a PRIEST? I have never understood this backwards logic. With this logic, a DK/Pala/Warrior should be using staffs/wands.Altáír5 13 Nov
13 Nov Possible mage secret Greetings everyone! I have discovered something strange, that has been happening in Hall of the Guardian for some quite some time. I wrote a ticket asking whether it is simply visual bug, or some secret yet to be discovered. The answer I got was extremely inconclusive, but GM was kind enough to say that: - he doesn't see anything wrong happening - if it was a secret, he couldn't say anything about it, in order to not spoil it To the point: within mage order hall, there's a particular spot (marked with some sort of rune painted on the ground). If you stand there long enough (around 30-60 seconds as it seems) you will get a lightning visual applied over your character (identical to old Arcane Power particles). So far I can confirm it happens for arcane mages. You can see the spot and the visual on the attached screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/LZRgT If you have any information about this phenomenon, please share it here, if it's actually a secret it's about time we solve it (the thing has been there since Legion launch)! Could it be linked to discarded Aluneth appearance? https://imgur.com/a/Tp15t tl;dr - if you stand on specific spot in mage order hall, things happen (see 1st image), I got hinted by a GM that it might be a secret, please help. I'll be happy to answer questions you might have about this and share any further observations. Best regards, EsteradEsterad7 13 Nov
12 Nov Firemage Livingbomb Okay, its time to something about firemage level 90 talents. Living bomb is literally useless, it hits like 30k in pvp. What is idea in that ? Even autoattack hits harder then thatIgnite9 12 Nov
11 Nov Arcane hidden skin daily wont trigger I been working on hidden skins for my mage but the daily roll for the sheep to spawn wont trigger. I sheeped all the correct mobs and checked with the macro if they counted and they did, obviously the right amount of AK is met since that automatic now. But the hidden daily quest never completes so it never gives me a chance at the sheep spawning i seen other people mention it on the wowhead guide and the page of the that quest. Anyone else here having it not trigger? anyone got it to trigger after 7.3? cause all people mentioning the issue was after 7.3 I tried making a ticket but i got the standard we can't give any clues regarding hidden skins, followed with him/her linking me the wowhead guide onb how to do it......Manabuns8 11 Nov
11 Nov Tips for Thwarting the Twins [Frost mage challenge] Hello fellow Frost mages. I just beaten the challenge for the frost mage artifact weapon which MM hunters, Moonkins and affliction warlocks also get. And I'm just gonna give a few tips to those who are still struggling on this challenge. First off. My Ilvl when doing it was 894. My talent choices: 3/1/3/3/1/3/1. Legendary of choice: [Sephuz's Secret]. Any other is up to you. I was using bracers as 2nd, but the ring is really strong here. Food buff: Bear Tartare. So a run down of the encounter: It's all about kitting and spamming ice lances Phase 1: You face Karam first. He's a melee that 1 shots you. You just kite him around in a circle. But this is where your dps is tested. He will gain a stacking buff that increases dmg and increases movement speed. So your slows won't last forever. + he DR's frost nova's so don't do it too often. Phase 2: Once Karam reaches around 30-35% he will start to heal and Raest becomes active. He spawns a bunch of small adds that hurt alot. This is where you use blizzad with AG. It will give you alot of Frozen orbs. Focus on Raest and let orb and blizzard slowly kill adds. You only have a small window to get him as low as possible. Don't interrupt Raest's cast. Ice barrier can take care of that. Phase 3: Karam is fully healed and starts chasing you again while Raest... doesn't do anything. You still have the small adds he left behind. Don't focus them. Use them for blizzard and frozen orb only. So you can get lots of Ice lances. Karam gets a new spell now that ALWAYS spawns behind him. It will spawn a hand that does a cast that will do 4M hp of dmg if it goes off. This is where you counterspell and nuke that thing down before going back to Karam. use blink to quickly get over to it. Phase 4: Once Karam hits the 30% mark again he will heal for a final time. Raest will become active again while he does it and you have a small window to do dmg to him and see the newest mechanic. Raest will summon a rune that you have to stand in for like 3 secs or it will summon an add. If that happens you die. You can kite it. But it's alot faster than Karam and does like 50% of your hp in dmg. However... pets can also make this rune go away... so just move your water elemental into the rune and your fine. Makes it pretty trivial tbh. At some point Karam will have healed and chase you again and you have everything to deal with now. Just forcus, blow CD's and remember the key tricks: Move pet into summoning rune to remove it. Use Blizzard and Frozen orbs on adds for lots of Ice lances. Ice barrier deals with Raest small casts. So ignore him for now. CS the hand and kill it fast. Then just forcus Karam to get rid of his Devil hands. Once he's gone, any hand that he spawned will go away. Raest will do more dmg now tho, but he won't summon anymore small adds. Just the rune that your pet can take care of. So CS Raest now and Ice barrier up and you should have little trouble to finish him off. If you have the dps for it atleast. He will break the Ice barrier. GG you won. Hope this helps :)Shinnikva11 11 Nov
09 Nov Macros. I started playing alot of mage lately and i hit 110. I play lot of frost and fire. I got 1 question doe. I saw people useing macros like "use flamestrike at the target location" or "use blizzard at your mouse cursor" How do i create a macro that for example casts flamestrike at the targets location ?Morpho2 09 Nov
09 Nov Antorus mage spec? From looking at Bosses and Gear for the new raid, What spec for mage is looking the most prominent? Busy leveling a mage and though I would ask you guys if you have made any theories about this. ThanksTherealameno5 09 Nov
07 Nov Ice Block? Anyone else thinking that Ice Block should heal you while in frost spec, the same way Blink/Shimmer heals you when you're in fire spec? Yes, double Ice Block is cool and all, but there isn't much use of it if you're out there soloing something and you're on like 1% HP. Ice Blocking it even 10 times only delays your certain death. Fire not only has passive healing over time after casting Blink/Shimmer, it also has passive Cauterize. Arcane has instant Invisibility and reduced damage taken while invisible and a few seconds after reappearing. So am I missing something here? I know this used to be a talent, but I really think all frost mages should get a bit of self healing while in Ice BlockDjeriz22 07 Nov
05 Nov Icicles, can they be hidden somehow? Anyway to Hide the Icicles on Frost Mage? They're annoying as f**k!Lunyra6 05 Nov
05 Nov Fire viable without legendaries? I would really like to play fire, but my single target damage is sh*t compared to frost. There is no way I can pull the same numbers I pull when on frost but then I read that fire specifically is locked behind legendary bracers. Is this true? Is this spec completely gimped unless you have the proper legendaries? I got 2 sh*tty legendaries (belovir, KJB) and there is still a pool of 10 potential legendaries. The chances of actually getting bracers are slim. Never felt so cuckold :(Metalnuts14 05 Nov
04 Nov Macro Ice Block Hi guys, can anyone help me with macro Ice block? I just need a simple "quickly cancel aura" for it with the same button to "cast Ice block" I know it's a simple and usefull macro, just didn't find it thanks a lot ;)Sakys10 04 Nov
04 Nov Instant Glacial Spike I know that it is one of the hardest hitting spells but we already have to cast 5 frostbolts to activate this, so why not make it an instant cast? Especially for pvp, casting 5 frostbolts is already a challenge and then we have to cast an almost 3 seconds spell as a "reward".Lissuin1 04 Nov
03 Nov Magtheridon's Banished Bracers I was wondering if using these legendary bracers requires an alteration to the rotation of a frost mage. As in, do I try to keep it fully stacked by casting a normal Ice Lance (Even when FoF isn't up) whenever the buff is about to expire, or do I just follow through with my normal rotation and cast Ice Lance whenever FoF procs? I personally think that keeping it stacked might end up doing more harm than good, since even with 6 stacks, an ordinary Ice Lance does like 190~200k damage, while Frost Bolt does about 220~270k damage, both non-crits. The gap in damage is even wider when they both crit (440k versus 560k).Freyanne4 03 Nov
03 Nov I don't get arcane I'm playing a mage alt and I seriously don't get arcane So I use arcane blast and that increases the blue things under my health bar. Is it like holy power? I assume those are "arcane charges" Then I have to either use them with arcane missiles or barrage Arcane Missiles according to guides is what you use for damage. Oddly there's a number beside it that keeps ticking up, I think that means how many times I can cast it but I don't know what is causing it to tick up Arcane Barrage according to guides is to "reset" arcane charges and has something to do with mana recovery. I honestly don't get this, isn't that like giving paladins a move that lets them throw away all their holy power? What precisely does this do, refund mana? Then burn phase is arcane blast to 4 arcane charges and then use missiles. I do this over and over til I either run out of mana or arcane power ends. This much is simple and I get it, more or less What I'm really failing to understand here is: What is the number besides arcane missiles and why is it ticking up? What is the purpose of arcane barrage? If all it does is throw away my arcane charges then why would I ever use it? Does it restore mana? If arcane barrage really does restore mana, then would a simple way to describe arcane spec be: barrage during conserve and missiles during burn phase? What if I'm just killing mobs for quests and levelling up? Should I be using burn still? Is there a more efficient way of playing if my opponents will be dying fast?Lenneth5 03 Nov
03 Nov Should I roll a Mage or Stick to my Warlock? Hi Guys, Sorry if this is at the wrong place and I know that some of you hate these kind of questions but thanks for reading anyway. Currently, I've got a level 104 Undead Warlock which I leveled up towards the end of WOD but basically stopped playing him once Legion dropped because I ended up playing my Monk, Paladin, Demon Hunter, Death Knight. He is currently Affliction but I haven't really been fond of making an effort to get him to end game. Now, I've been seeing a ton of Mages and a lot of my guildies have rolled mages too. I've generally never enjoyed "Magic" or "Caster" classes in video games, but my Warlock was my first and I loved him during my time in Warlords of Draenor. I just want to know from any Pros here, if I should roll a mage, or stick with my warlock? I mainly do PVE content, but I'm going towards PVP for a little while to spice things up for me. Can you guys give me feedback and opinions on the two? How viable are they in Legion 7.3? Fun? Thanks for taking the time to assist me here. :)Deysong6 03 Nov
30 Oct ilvl or stats and tier set? I started playing this frost mage a month ago and I collected some gear since then. Currently I am ilvl 908 with 4 piece tomb of sargeras lfr and 30% crit chance. Since then, I got a lot of higher ilvl pieces, if I equip these I would be ilvl 917. But here is the catch: I would lose my 4 piece tier set and I would drop to 24-25% crit chance. What should I do? Equip the higher ilvl pieces regardless of tier and stats or would this be a bad idea? Thanks for the help!Ashtemar9 30 Oct
30 Oct Log experts pls help (Fire dps ToS) Hi folks, I'm at 930 ilvl now doing ToS HC with the guild. I feel that my dmg is very low, here's an Avatar log for details: Raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cYN7xdC4zrpGH3An#fight=3 Me: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cYN7xdC4zrpGH3An#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=7 I hope the link works. Now, my problem is, obviously there's a lot more movement on HC, but when I go to normal I easily do 800k+ on single target, which is a lot better but still very low. I don't know if normal vs HC accounts for 100-200k difference. Top dpsers do well over 1m on HC, too, and they aren't in better gear in terms of ilvl. My current stats: crit 56%, haste 30%, mastery 12%, versa 4%. 1 leggo so far, no set bonuses (I only have lvl900 set pieces). Any insight/log analysis would be welcome. Thanks!Yllasera6 30 Oct
28 Oct Why is boring Frost the only powerful? Frost seems to be the only spec I can rely on when it comes to killing enemies on argus, Arcane and Fire do next to nothing.. I want to play fire, but it seems if I get unlucky and dont get enough streaks I might as well pop invis and run away..that shouldnt be a thing.Korielle9 28 Oct
28 Oct Rate the Mage Transmog Above You - 2017 The Last thread reached it's limit. Everyone knows the drill. Rate the transmog of the person above you on a scale of 1 to 10.Justinia500 28 Oct
26 Oct Shimmer / Blink Questions First of all, not sure why I couldn't find my mage in the change character selection. So, as of recently, I've always assumed that shimmer did exactly the same as blink. I was in a DHT+17 and a warrior started flaming me for dying when clearing roots; Run in root > shimmer > kept debuff 50% of the time. I've read up on the 2 different spells, and correct, blink says indeed removes stuns & roots. However, when I go in roots and shimmer out, I'm free to move around without being rooted, and as stated it's only sometimes I keep the debuff. Exactly the same thing happens on Demonic Inq., whenever purple circle spawns on me, and I shimmer out, 50% of the times I keep the debuff and go to 100% torment in matter of seconds, even without standing in the purple circle. Can any elitist mage, clearify for me, am I going crazy, or is this indeed intended? I don't care for pvp, stuns etc. I just want to know about rooting in general, and perhaps someone experienced the same thing on demonic inq.? Thanks in advance, Debuff-AzjolNerubLegal5 26 Oct
25 Oct Shimmer vs Blink Shimmer does not work the same way that blink does. Blink can break you out of stuns for example, while shimmer cannot. Unfortunately, it is not stated anywhere in spell description. So if you do choose it, don't rely on shimmer to help you there. The rest you know; -Shimmer has 2 charges, blink has 1. -Shimmer can be used while casting without interrupting that cast, blink can't. -Shimmer is off the global CD So with all that said, shimmer is still better, but it did leave a lot of people confused when they couldn't break from existing stun or movement impairing effects. It is a bit odd, but I guess you sacrifice that ability to break out of stuns, but you get a free charge and ability to use it while casting. I wish some spell descriptions would be more precise (now I'm talking in general, not about blink) cause a lot of people have to check forums because what is written in game is sometimes confusing and hardly says anything about what the spell actually does.Djeriz0 25 Oct
25 Oct How is fire without the bracers I hear that the wrist legendary is the best for fire and gives a big boost to dps but i really dont like the playstyle of hardcasted pyros. How worse is your dps if you dont have/use the wrist legendary?Ralphë1 25 Oct
25 Oct Fire or Frost? I'm thinking about leveling my Mage and wonder which spec is more fun, Fire or Frost? Don't start with "play whatever you like" bs I wanna know which spec you guys think is more fun. Will mainly use it for PvE. Thx!Twistknot3 25 Oct
24 Oct Do you ever have this problem with blink? Sometimes when you blink too quickly out of an AoE it wont remove the debuff from you and you will be stuck with it unless you walk back into the AoE and step out of it again. The most blatant example for me is on Demonic Inquisition's Suffocating Dark, sometimes I just blink out of it instantly but I'm still taking damage and Torment which is really annoying.Itaa16 24 Oct
22 Oct Got BIS leggo for offspec? Today I got my first legendary and it was soul of the archmage in icy-veins.com I read that it is the worst legendary for frost mage but the best for arcane should I reroll to arcane ,can someone tell me please? My artifact trait level is 64, on frost so I think it is pretty low anyways?Alphaturtle4 22 Oct
20 Oct Crit versus Versatility frost mage PvE I'm wondering what we should aim for. At the moment i'm getting a lot of versatility items instead of crit items on my armor beside multistrike. My crit is on the low side and my versatility is decently building up so far. I'm wondering (with an eye on boe's) if I should go for crit more(i'm nowhere near shatter crit cap) or if it's okay to equip those multi/versatility items instead as well.Melodyponds12 20 Oct