Mage

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
09 Nov [7.0] Help my DPS/Performance -thread! (Read the OP) Greetings, fellow Magelings. Considering there is no current thread like this on the Mage forums, I figured one should be here as it usually benefits quite a lot of people, while same time helping to minimize the amount of misinformation that gets spread around. What is the purpose of this thread? Simply put, it is a place where you can ask for guidance in regards to things you are unsure about, or struggle with. This includes spell usage, consumables, gear and raid compositions as all of them are relevant to maximising damage. Anyone can post to help, but please ensure that information is correct before you press the submit button if you are offering advice. The last thing we want to do is to spread untrue information. What should I not do in this thread? - Do not come here to complain or vent about issues. - Do not ask for buffs or nerfs. How do I ask for help? In order to make it as efficient as possible for the ones helping, you need to provide a certain amount of information. At the most basic level, describing what you do in the game can be sufficient for fundamental things, but for more in-depth questions that just won't cut it. ... The most commonly used logging website is WarCraftLogs. If you can link your logs from there it'll be enormously helpful. If you are unsure how to do this, or just want a bit more knowledge about WCL, feel free to have a read through the guide below. It should answer most questions. http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/ It is also preferable that you have done some research previously as to how to play your particular spec. Full spec guides will not be provided here, as they are too extensive. If you are unsure where to find spec guides, I have linked some at the bottom of the post. SimulationCraft First off I'll say this. SimC is -not- gospel, and should not be taken as such. It has gained a bad reputation for illegitimate reasons, not all the modules are great, not all cross-class DPS comparisons are great. There are flaws. However, fear not. SimC is a hugely powerful tool when it comes to optimising our characters. We are fortunate enough to have quite competent people maintaining the Mage module, and we'd be fools not to take advantage of this. It is very good for getting our characters stat weights, as well as comparing different talent combinations. Here is an excellent guide by Frosted, one of the maintainers of the Mage module, to SimCraft. It may appear to be heavy reading, but if anyone is truly interested in minmaxing, this is a handy tool to have. altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=620 Guides and helpful threads: Fire by Rinoa http://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2553 If there are any hugely valuable threads you wish me to add, feel free to give me a link and I shall have a look. <3Rinoa108 09 Nov
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
3h Frost mage stats Hey, Newish player here. Looking for some help regarding what stats to aim for. My ilevel is only 913 and got 1 legendary bis and 1 other one, as i dont have the 2nd bis one yet. Everywhere i look someone has a different opinion of what the best stats are to aim for. From what i can gather crit to around 33%, vers trinkets, all vers gems but as for haste and vers percentages i cant really find an answer for. Any help would be appreciatedAaeero6 3h
6h How is Mage in PvP? Been wondering to reroll, and i came up with Warlock and Shadow Priest, but they both are so mixed opinions... I used to play mage early in Legion, and some guy told me...if mage frustrated me, then i should not play Any of those 2 because Mage has 300% more mobility....so i was wondering how mages are in PvP right now. Random bg mostly, but that really matters less, since its more random luck and gear dephendant then class. Also i want to be a bit more stand alone able, so i wonder more about 2v2 and 3v3 arena. Also what spec is the to go in pvp right now? Last patch i think i saw frost mages in top ranks...not sure now.Aqua137 6h
7h Rate the Transmog above Last one reached it's limitNebaisa163 7h
14h New Frost mage in need of a bit of advice Hey everyone. Used my 110 boost on a frost mage but have a question about the rotation regarding Brain freeze procs. Gonna give 2 examples and both assume no FoF procs. 1) Ebonbolt is off cd. Im sitting on a brain freeze proc. Do i cast. a) Ebonbolt>Flurry>Flurry> Ice lance b) Ebonbolt>Flurry>Ice Lance>Frostbolt>Flurry>Ice lance 2) I have a brain freeze proc so I cast frostbolt>Flurry but before I cast my Ice lance i see I have procced another brainfreeze. Do I (Spells shown from start of this sequence) a)Frostbolt>Flurry>Flurry>ice lance b)Frostbolt>Flurry>Ice lance>Frostbolt>Flurry>Ice lance Im new. Go easy on me;-) Could be none of these rotationsSlizzle2 14h
15h Frost Mage Levelling Stats Hi all. I have got my mage to level 93 atm and I'm moving up fast. There are plenty of guides talking about stat priority - but they seem focused on max level. I rarely find a mention of levelling. On the rare occasion I've met a mage in dungeons while levelling, I've asked and people are saying just go for higher item levels and totally ignore stats. while levelling. The gear I'm getting, having now moved in Draenor, happens to have a lot of mastery, little haste and some critical strike. I do prioritise significant ilevel jumps and where there are too many/too much upgrades with other stats. especially intellect. I have been aiming for: intellect, ciritical strike, haste, versatility, mastery and I ended up with critical in the mid-late 20s, haste less than 10%, versatility around 1-2% and mastery circa 25-35% (too muchI think), so that strategy need fine-tuning. Any tips for levelling a frosty?Fullmoon1 15h
16h Congrats to all Mages Please this not a micky take or troll posting, but have decided to at long last delete this Mage, tried Frost, Arcane and Fire ready all the forum pages trying to learn the best stats and rotation, but have to finally just cant get the hang of any of them lol fed up dying each time I get more than two mobs at a time so put it down firmly to my old brain just cant hack it lol so congrats to all you players that did manage to beat all the dungeons & raids with your mages for your determination and skillGrendorf26 16h
22h Thalassian new alliance minor language? A Mages opinion Hello all! First of all I am writing this to get the attention of some people with blue text, but I am also hoping other mages will agree with this! As of now the Void elves are now part of the Alliance(if you have Battle of Azeroth or preordered) which means the Elves language Thalassian should be added to the Mages ability to speak it. This is not the case as of Patch 7.3.5 Do you agree with this? I defiantly think this should be a thing. Because Mages are able to speak any other Minor Alliance Language, so why not have this too.Sív3 22h
1d The purity of fire I recently had a revelation to why I prefer firespec over arcane and frost. It is because you are not forced to deal with a secondary resource like arcane charges or icicles, or even possibly a pet in frost's case. Testing out a trial warlock to look at their changes in legion, I found the soul shard system rather limiting and even more constraining. So I am glad theres still a mage spec not having to deal with such. Which makes fire feel a lot more liberating in comparision and closer to old style mages. Only having to focus on the heating up mechanic, which I find rather enjoyable to use. So very satisfying to chain pyroblasts. So much harder hitting direct damage over frost that hits like a wet noodle outside the procs, and requiring a lot more twitch than fire does.Sintarius1 1d
1d What do you miss as a Mage? I'll tell you if you'll tell me. Right I go ahead. I miss: Arcane Intellect Dampen Magic Amplify Magic Ice Armor Mage Armor Molten Armor Mana Shield Flame Ward Frost Ward Decurse Evocation Mana Gem Ice Lance Cone Of Cold Shatter Frost Jaw Temporal Shield Alter Time Presence Of Mind Deep Freeze Blizzard Arcane Explosion Living Bomb Blast Wave Flame Orb Pre-Mop Combustion And I also miss being able to do damage as da mage. Now we are more like unmages or demages.Pyregast34 1d
2d Arcane Mage Hidden Artifact quest bug In The last step of Arcane Mage hidden artifact "questline" the script with "Cote "Shepard" Metcalf talking to Theocritus" is not starting no matter what You do which makes our appearance impossible to get now.Moizus1 2d
2d Getting into Arcane So, i've been playing as a fire mage for most of this expansion, but i thought i would give arcane a try while waiting for the next expansion. However, nobody seems to agree on which stats are the most important for an arcane mage. Which stats would you rate as the most important ones? I already have all of the traits on Aluneth, and two legendaries i think are useful for arcane, the rest of my gear is for my fire spec.Aztragoth2 2d
2d Fire mage question I am playing fire and have come to wonder about one thing that the icy veins guide is unclear on. you cast fireball. Heating up procs. But a second fireball is winding up now. So the question is: Should you let the second cast of fireball finish and then immeiately fireblast? Or should you hit fire blast mid cast?Sintarius3 2d
3d BFA Mage changes: The Unprunening Put all current Talents and PvP Talents baseline for all three specs. Talents should be overall utility, survival, movement and CC. Lvl 15 PoM / Shatter / Telekinesis Lvl 30 Shimmer / Blazing Speed / Alter Time Lvl 45 Mana Shield / Ice barrier / Molter Armor Lvl 60 Deep Freeze / Improved Counterspell / Cone Of Cold Freeze Lvl 75 Mage Bomb Single Target DPS / Mage Bomb AoE / Spammable Bomb Lvl 90 Improved Invisibility / Cold Snap / Mage Ward Lvl 100 Brain Freeze / Rune Of Power / Mirror Images Lvl 110 Arcane Golem / Summon Phoenix / Water Elemental Lvl 120 Ice Storm / Flame Hurricane / Arcane Nova I think it pretty much covers all we need to make Mages fun to play again. Also need Evocation and Mana Gems back. Its ridiculous only Arcane manages Mana now.Questionbbq1 3d
3d Thank you for the new Arcane animations! I don't post often, but I found quite some topics complaining about the new arcane mage animations, so I figured I'd throw in my two cents. Whoever made them, THANK YOU. I was grinding rep for my void elf and was 100% sure I'd go shadow priest, but after testing the new arcane I fell in love with the feel of the class. The spells with their animation and sound feel impactful and I enjoy seeing them over and over again. (Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles) I tryed the arcane mage once before and hated how it looks, and these new changes make all the difference for me, so here's a thank you post. I hope it eventually reaches whoever made these. Thank you!Felkeeper0 3d
3d Blizzard on single target now? So, with the new trait, Blizzard should be used on single target every time while frozen orb is active, right?Sandalf7 3d
3d Update ice barrier blizzard Anybody else bugged by the fact fire and arcane got updated barriers but not frost? Like they could just make a glyph if you want to keep the old one, but the current ice barrier is looking dated now.Koromgosh3 3d
4d Ebonbolt in BFA? Are we losing it? I REALLY hope so!Runecore2 4d
6d Mages feels not competetive. Hi ,im playing mage since i started my journey with legion. Since AtBT has been released i feel so bad as mage ,because its not competetive. Im mythic raider and playing frost can be annoying , fights are so bad designed for us that even on single-target bosses we can't do good dps (even if u have 4 TW like on Argus mythic, its quite hard to be top dps) also frost is proc dependent and when we lost our t20-4 piece i can have fights like i just spam frostbolts. Also fire mage doesn't feel any better , Im playing a lot of high m+ and its annoying that if u cant use combustion even tank can do better dps on 2-3 targets. And the last funny thing is that if u use Prototype trink+Terminus Signaling Beacon they are better then our spells and can do like 40%dmg at dungs(aoe packs even 70% or more). I'm writting that post coz i want to know if u feel the same.Ayken17 6d
6d Rework fire mage... I feel like fire mage is broken. My dps is too low to do HC Antorus, so I am stuck on 950 item level. Look, I was learnig how to play fire for a very long time, so I understand all mechs and procs. I also learnt which talents are good. The thing is, that outside combustion dps is a total RNG thing. My critical often comes to 60 %, but I cannot make both pyro and fireball crit, so tough I get at least 1 crit, dps is be low. Alright, in combustion I do 1.8 mln on single target, but outside it often comes under 1 mln. I cant do anything about it, this fire's critical strike dependency is terrible and should be removed in BfA. Here is my rotation: 1. Fireballs till one crits 2. When crits, I cast another fireball and cast fireblast during it. In the end of casting fireball I insta cast pyroblast and pray to get double crit or at least one. 3. If they both crit, I cast fireball and in the end spend hot streak on pyro. 4. If only one crits, I do same what in point 2. 5. If I get hot streaking and run out of fireblasts, I use artifact ability. 6. I save all fireblasts charges and 2 artifact ability for combustion. When Im inside of it, I use insta casts to get as many pyro as possible. When I dont have any left, I spam scorches + insta pyro. 7. On raids I use firestarter, so first 10% of boss health is fine, after it I use combustion. I also have biss legos and 4 tier set pieces, so gear is pretty good. And I often get kicked from HC raids, even the guild ones. Help me or agree with my demand of fire rework.Renaos12 6d
6d Running Out Of Mana??? WTF? Running Out Of Mana??? WTF? Lituratelly! Today while doing norm portal keeper i found myself running out of mana at 3-4%, for real! Never have i ever run out of mana as a fire mage before the lowest was 45%? I have the ring, did perfect rotations was top on dps, and no i didnt spam spellsteal, sooo wtf???Magoufisa1 6d
6d Arena 2v2 target classes Hi Guys, I'm messing around in 2s with a friend at the moment was just wondering if there was a spreadsheet/list somewhere that shows which targets are best to focus/open on? CheersKillmequick0 6d
12 Feb Please update Arcane Linguist I been playing around with Arcane Linguist on my RP mage and it seems to not have been updated since cataclysm. i cant speak pandaren or any of the new races just added.Gwenyuu0 12 Feb
12 Feb Some magey questions I used to play a mage a long time ago, the class is changed so much. Ive been leveling up this nightborne mage with a shadow priest friend whom ocassionally shadow mends me. Leaving me wondering how mages of this day copes with survival in pve questing? When you dont have your own healbot assisting you. I miss not having evocation with inbuilt heal glyph any more, it was so much of a downtime saver. and frost seems quite amputated in the snare deparment. I remember being able to blizzard kite mobs with ease. But cd and low snare level seems to have killed that. Having tried all 3 specs as ive leveled so far, I seem to have the greatest success with fire spec. In fire i dont feel like i hit like a wet noodle like frost when brain freeze or fingers of frost isnt up. But perhaps thats how current mages survive, nukebursting things before they can smack you?Sintarius1 12 Feb
12 Feb The "right" Mage spec I have just started my Draenei Mage, and I am wondering which spec is the best. When I say "the best" I don't mean the DPS, because they are all similar at that point. I mean which is the most fun, which one "feels right"? I am considering Arcane because of the Mage lore, all those legendary Mages destroying cities when releasing their full potential, Archmages of the Kirin Tor and stuff, and I kinda like these "Archmage-y" transmogs... On the other hand I feel like Fire is a good spec too. I desire having those theee fiery balls flying around my head with Felo'melorn equipped, and it looks fun to burn people with meteors and fireballs, and again there are some really cool transmogs. I don't feel like Frost, although many people say it is the best, because throwing water and ice on enemies doesn't feel that powerful xD What do you guys think? What is the best looking and fun to play Mage spec? :)Zyliath8 12 Feb
11 Feb DPS - Frost Mage - I need help! Can´t seem to get my DPS going - can someone explain the spell rotation? I´ve watched several videos on YouTube, but I don´t seem to get a hang of it. If someone has kind-off a list or something I could try? Like opener: potion-ebonbolt-frostbolt untill ice lance- etc... Even if you call me an idiot, that´s OK! Everyone´s gotta get their rage out. In advance: thank you! :))Regnbuen1 11 Feb
11 Feb Mage rant so i was questing in shadowmoon valley and i had to kill a certain semi boss mob .. i died the first time then the second time i scraped by killing her using all my cooldowns i had about 5% hp left so it was a struggle! anyway... i watched a warlock kill the mob at a similar speed.. stayed at full health all the way through as it has healing making it a breeze!.....what with the new scaling now and mobs hard to kill .....should mages have a mid battle healing spell or at least passive healing?...either that or give us more damage and let us be the nuke class that we should be ...Çodex9 11 Feb
10 Feb Frostbolt projectile bug Edit: looking at some PvP footage, it does look like this has been bugged for a while. Hey there, I noticed my frostbolts are moving away from any target that isn't running straight for me, instead of following it. Say if I fire at a mob that is pathing to the left of an obstacle, the frostbolt will move to the right. The trajectory looks like it is inverted on at least that axis. Is anyone else encountering this issue at the moment? Is there a fix I could try with my client? To be clear, the hits do register and the damage isn't delayed, so it's purely a visual bug. Hoping this gets fixed one way or the other :/Thalena0 10 Feb
10 Feb My first ever cloth-class. Either Priest or Mage Want to create a character in the cloth-class. Either Priest or Mage What can you tell me about a Mage I might not know, not have considered? Any tips? How is the class currently, in PVE or PVP? Thanks in advance!Grizmund1 10 Feb
09 Feb Still going oom as fire Fixing the mana problem for fire mages didn't work for players like me without legendary bracers and very high haste, no words needed you can see it from tonights Star Augur progresslogs where I had to bench myself. Especially last pull where we got to almost 6min mark, you can see from my resources that I would not have any mana left by the time I would have to use my 6 min mark combustion. Even though Star Augur is the only boss where you get to oom (Krosus would make me oom too but thank god it's under 6mins and you have to soak something) Removing mana cost for example from Combustion wouldn't nerf anything and it would be really simple and easy solution. Fellow mages with same problem please bump this thread. Tonights logs and my manabar for the last pull: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FLJgTHx7PmdrC1Yf#view=analytical&type=resources&source=6&spell=100Magekko11 09 Feb
08 Feb Fire Mage PvP Hi, Just wondering if anyone actually performs decently in PvP (Mostly random BG's) at the moment specced as Fire? I do next to no damage, have barely any pressure and I'm just curious to find out if I'm playing !@#$ or if it's the spec.Dehkar8 08 Feb
08 Feb FIRE MAGE NEED CHANGES IN PVP Hey fellow fire mages out there! We've been struggling in the latest 2-3 patches in PVP, so let's get this done... Last time i went to do some 3s with my parterns. Everything was alright, but then we suddenly got a double cross kill. That means me as a fire mage had to 1v1 a ret paladin. Of course i could not defeat him. Next game the same happend with me but with a shaman. That was the time, when i realised "Dude, i dont have the damage to 1v1 anybody." So the Conclusion: I feel like, fire mages has became a support class. We are only viable in 3s because we have all the 3 trees, so we can cc even if we are locked.(fire - Dragon's breath; frost - Ring of frost; arcane - Polymorph). We are there pretty much for landing CC-s. We just dont have single target damage (Pyroblast hit like 350k-500k to 5mil hp tagets...) which means we are nothing without our partners. I dont want to be a sheepbot, i want to play like i used to... So guys, please write down your ideas and suggestions about how you want to see fire mages. My suggestions are: - Buff Pyroblast damage so we can hit like 700k-850k It is not that much if you concider most of the classes have 5mil HP now... - Make Phoenix's flames no to jump from target to target, because it breaks cc-s so easily... - Unstable Magic would be a great talent, but AGAIN it is an aoe spell, so it breaks cc-s. - Personally i wouldn't mind if blizzard reduce the damage of Phoenix's flames a bit, so they could be like a setting up mechanic spells for our burst. BUT ONLY IF WE GOT THE PYROBLAST BUFF!! What are you ideas? I might be completely wrong about the suggestions. I'm not a class designer, I just feel like these are the keys for our capability to be usefull damagewise. I wouldn't say that we are the worst spec in PVP. Fire could be viable in certain comps (like fmp, wmp). I also like the spec design about doing sustain and unstoppable instant damage. I just beg for some PVP single target damage buffs...Archoris44 08 Feb
06 Feb Ignite stealth nerfed? It's been the whole week that I have the feeling of doing less damage than before the patch, today I compared my logs and I found that my ignite ticks much less than before (about 25%). Was there a stealth nerf?Rhuan13 06 Feb
05 Feb Ice Lance damage I may be missing something obvious. My Ice Lance crits for around 1.8ml at most but other Frost Mages (at LFR) Ice Lance crit for 2.2ml and at Argus they crit for 5.5ml ... Maybe at Argus they had a buff (I am not too familiar with the fight). Any ideas where I should be looking?Vesuvius7 05 Feb
04 Feb Winter's Chill Question Running an analysis on Antorus and I noticed this: https://s18.postimg.org/yo13rsobd/Screenshot_1.jpg This is my rotation: Cast Frostbolt until Brainfreeze then Flurry > Ice Lance Cast Ebonbolt into Brainfreeze then Flurry > Ice Lance I am doing something wrong?Dangermouse6 04 Feb
03 Feb Frost mage dps in Antorus Hello mages, I noticed that I have a really low dps (around 700 - 900k) during antorus raids at 939ilvl. Is there something wrong with my stats?Fantazzma3 03 Feb
02 Feb Help me optimize my character (frost pve) Hi , before everyone mentions i follow icy-veins aswell, though havent gotten myself into sims and i dont plan to(im having enough programming and data management crap IRL) I will be doing Hc raids after febuary 14th but right now my dps seems low to me. I have an exodar-shard in my inventory, i will start using it soon and will change crit enchants and gems since i will be having more crit than i need. As for neck , i am still trying to get 910 argunite ones with same stat.Alikaptan3 02 Feb
02 Feb Question about Mantle of the First Kirin Tor Hey, I have Mantle of the First Kirin Tor - http://www.wowdb.com/items/151808-mantle-of-the-first-kirin-tor?bonusIDs=4213 The item description doesn't say anything about requiring the talent for the arcane orb. If I have the arcane orb talent - casting barrage also cast Arcane Orb. If I don't have the arcane orb talent - casting barrage do not cast Arcane Orb. Is this a bug or this is how it is supposed to work?Naangelmagea3 02 Feb
01 Feb Flurry/FoF macro help Hello. I was wondering if there is a way to create a macro for flurry that will do something like this: If i have brainfreez proc and no finger of frost proc = cast the flurry BUT if i have a brainfreez proc and at least 1 charge of FoF = not cast the flurry (and maby cast icelance insted in the same macro ..or at least don`t cast flurry). I hope i made myself understood. I want this to avoid situations where i am casting frostbolts ... i get a brainfreez as i am casting the second FB. As my second FB finishes and i go for the flurry, a finger of frost procs exactly as i press flurry keybind.. So basically i lose 1 empower icelance from the brainfreez flurry. Thx in advance.Guljur2 01 Feb
31 Jan Quick fix of mages in PvP (my assumptions) => All specs : Make temporal shield baseline for all mage specs. This is a great kit for survival and is a necessary in all case scenarios + it requires to be mastered in order to perform well. => Blink should provide a small self-heal like the trait from Fire spec. Currently, mage is the only class unavailable to heal itself in PvP scenario and this another punishment from the low health pool of the Mage class. => Fire spec : Currently Fire is strong during its Combustion effect, but outside of it, it can hardly deal any damage. I would say reduce the duration of Combustion by 3 seconds while improving the general damage of Fire by 5%. Furthermore, to sync better with other classes there should be some sort of healing reduction debuff -> Change "Tinder" : "If you have not cast Fireball for 8 sec, your next Fireball will deal 30% increased damage with 30% reduced cast time and applies a 50% healing debuff for 4 seconds. => Frost spec : Not much to say there, Frostbolt's flat damage is pretty bad and should be increased. Apart from that the spec looks generally good. => Arcane spec : Currently the strongest spec for high-rated arena, however, the most punishing and hardest to master, which should also be more rewarding. There is only one viable build for Arcane mages and this is a problem, however, I would not provide further feedback as I am limited in the skills of Arcane mage for PvP scenarios. Any thoughts?Visulka16 31 Jan
31 Jan I just got the legendary bracers It seems to me with these bracers the value of crit is way higher than without that legendary, or am I seeing it wrong? Icy Veins states that mastery is the way to go, but for the life of me I can't get any good mastery gear to drop, I keep getting crit items. But when the bracers dropped I thought this isn't such a bad thing. Can anyone clarify? (btw I don't have em equipped yet since I need to find a decent chestpiece first)Shandor8 31 Jan
31 Jan Mage PvP help Hey all, Dusted off my mage recently and got her to 110 been loving fire and arcane. (Haven't had a shoot on frost yet). I was just wondering if anybody could give me some tips etc on mage PvP mainly battlegrounds and arena. Spec I plan to just play what I feel like that day so no issue, but if anyone has recommendations will gladly accept! Otherwise, does anyone know of some neat macros, tricks etc? Nothing to serious as mage is my first caster ever ^ ^. Thank you all <3Jaargon11 31 Jan
31 Jan 965 fire mage needs help with DPS!! Hey guys this is motivation /fire mage 965 with bis legendaries I've been suffering from the low dps in hc and mythic antorus raid... got the legendry bracers and ring but I'm still wondering why my DPS is low,,,i can do between 1.35M and 1.45M on single target,,,,please any tips to improve my dps? and what the recommened status for fire mage, I've been reading a lot About how to improve it, I've tried many status but nothing works,,,PLEASE help :"(((( armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/motivation logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/motivattionMotivattion5 31 Jan
31 Jan No Elemental Heal? Hunter gets 2 heals for pet, well one pet heal and one that heals both of you. Lock has a minion heal. So Blizz no Mage Elemental heal or am I just missing it on my baby Mage?Darway8 31 Jan
31 Jan Mage Tower (arcane) I did this back in the days with ~900 ilvl on ret, now doing it on arcane mage. Like it was before, 95% of my wipes are because of confusing or poorly designed mechanics in the mage tower. The charing Valkyrs always kill me because... idk, I'm always in the gap, but they still hit me, like it's never clear if you're gonna avoid them or not, unless you're standing right at their face aiming perfectly to stand at a perfect spot in the gap, u can't do that as a caster, not always at least. I do these mage tower challenges on every char on every spec (nearly done btw), I almost did every challenge, but this particular challenge where I have to dodge these Valkyrs is really awful in a way that I still get hit by them and I can't figure out a clear spot to stand to dodge them. They don't face forward you know, if u look at them they're facing a little bit to the side so that is really confusing, they're facing a bit at the left (from u), so u kinda have to stand a bit to the right, if u stand in the center it kinda fools u, 'cause that's not the center, that's like at the feet of the closest valkyr, if they're far then you're like way off. This is the same thing I was complaining about when they released the challenge, I'm just tired of doing it cause I don't keep dying cause I failed the mechanic, it's so poorly designed it's not clear how to avoid it, it's really frustrating, especially when you wipe on 1-20% when it's literally an afk fight when the only thing that can wipe u are the Valkyr, and they wipe u cause of this thing... idk man, just design it so that it's clear where to stand and where not to stand. Oh, almost forgot, the polymorph keeps breaking on Sigryn cause their hp is shared, so Sigryn takes her share of damage still, so I kinda have to stop the damage when she's polyd? This does make sense, like for poly to break on damage, but it's not direct damage and it's confusing to the player when you're not damaging the target and the poly breaks all of a sudden, it's on cd and u can't re-poly the target and u wipe. It should either break on first even a little bit of damage or not break at all, it breaks like at 5-10m damage done to them... idk.Daisu5 31 Jan
30 Jan mage or ele shaman in pvp ? in pvp and 1v1 situations against melee [damage wize not heals] thanksBlakit3 30 Jan
29 Jan Describe your class Hello fellow wow players, i want to switch my main in near or further future. So i came here to ask to describe your class (healer or dps) What are the major trait that describe the play style and what is the thing that makes you play this class and spec. Thank you for the time, and thank you already in advance for your opinions :)Lazykitty5 29 Jan
28 Jan Question regarding Frost Bolt Should i be casting a Frost Bolt before a Brain Freeze Flurry cast or doesnt it matter and i should only be casting a Frost Bolt as a filler? because i've read something about projectile speed and that when you cast a Frost Bolt before a Flurry procc you will get more damageYorean3 28 Jan