Mage

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
23 May [7.0] Help my DPS/Performance -thread! (Read the OP) Greetings, fellow Magelings. Considering there is no current thread like this on the Mage forums, I figured one should be here as it usually benefits quite a lot of people, while same time helping to minimize the amount of misinformation that gets spread around. What is the purpose of this thread? Simply put, it is a place where you can ask for guidance in regards to things you are unsure about, or struggle with. This includes spell usage, consumables, gear and raid compositions as all of them are relevant to maximising damage. Anyone can post to help, but please ensure that information is correct before you press the submit button if you are offering advice. The last thing we want to do is to spread untrue information. What should I not do in this thread? - Do not come here to complain or vent about issues. - Do not ask for buffs or nerfs. How do I ask for help? In order to make it as efficient as possible for the ones helping, you need to provide a certain amount of information. At the most basic level, describing what you do in the game can be sufficient for fundamental things, but for more in-depth questions that just won't cut it. ... The most commonly used logging website is WarCraftLogs. If you can link your logs from there it'll be enormously helpful. If you are unsure how to do this, or just want a bit more knowledge about WCL, feel free to have a read through the guide below. It should answer most questions. http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/ It is also preferable that you have done some research previously as to how to play your particular spec. Full spec guides will not be provided here, as they are too extensive. If you are unsure where to find spec guides, I have linked some at the bottom of the post. SimulationCraft First off I'll say this. SimC is -not- gospel, and should not be taken as such. It has gained a bad reputation for illegitimate reasons, not all the modules are great, not all cross-class DPS comparisons are great. There are flaws. However, fear not. SimC is a hugely powerful tool when it comes to optimising our characters. We are fortunate enough to have quite competent people maintaining the Mage module, and we'd be fools not to take advantage of this. It is very good for getting our characters stat weights, as well as comparing different talent combinations. Here is an excellent guide by Frosted, one of the maintainers of the Mage module, to SimCraft. It may appear to be heavy reading, but if anyone is truly interested in minmaxing, this is a handy tool to have. altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=620 Guides and helpful threads: Fire by Rinoa http://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2553 If there are any hugely valuable threads you wish me to add, feel free to give me a link and I shall have a look. <3Rinoa109 23 May
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
10m How do I aoe as arcane? I deal a billion dps on bossfights and single target fights in general but I'm doing no damage at all when fighting camps. Yesterday someone left because of that before we even fought the first boss. So, what do I do?Juliuscesar4 10m
12h just remove mages in pvp after being relegate to the worst class yet again after uneeded nerfs whats the point cant kill anything n 2's or 3's rbg spec has been nerfed into the ground meanwhile every !@#$ing mele is not getting nerfed bye 20-60% like they should be and healers they are fking goods nothing can touch them how is that %^-*ing balanced they should fking die in like 4 hits if not peeled not outl ive tanks and bulky dps bye just !@#$ing running where are there %^-*ing nuke nerfsLinadrel30 12h
15h Why is Shimmer + Poly in the game? Shimmer should maintain its ability to cast damage spells while blinking, but Im sorry, being able to cast poly is just OP as hell. It makes it virtually unavoidable - poly is a SCARY cc, it shouldnt be this easy to get off. Start rewarding mages for good gameplay (i.e. asking for a stun so they can secure the cast) and remove this noob mechanics.Vialism39 15h
15h shimmer poly xd great class design jo and dont forget the perma snares/slows xdFreddycarp28 15h
15h Fire Mage DPS Help Hey All, I am just back after about 2 years break from wow. I used to main a shadow priest but have decided to go back to a fire mage like I rolled in cataclysm. I want to know what should I be looking for as in enchants and gems for fire spec. I already have a rotation down and all but I am getting confused on what I should be enchanting and what stats. One website says that I should prioritizing crit. Whereas other websites such as icy veins are saying I should be using mastery and versatility. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Aerstar4 15h
16h Frost Mage dps lacking... (Frost) Mage is a pure dps class and shouldn't be struggeling at the bottom half of meters! Why do Warlock so often end up as the strongest caster expansion after expansion? Is it hard to tweak some numbers? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#Ibsoft5 16h
17h Scorch/Searing Touch question Does Scorch have a travel time? Let me explain. I use scorch at 30% like I would Fire Ball. Some times I get an insta Hot Streak when releasing Pyro at the end of Scorch cast. But some times, with the same ability usage, I see a Heating Up that gets cancels. I'm thinking that it's either getting cancelled by the Scorch or Pyro. Anybody can help me explain what's going on there? Maybe I should use a different rotation in the 30% health window?Phixt1 17h
20h New Idea For AM I feel like the design of arcane could use another arcane charge spender, so why not make AM consumes 1 arcane charge for say 50% damage boost ? This way AB and AE will be generator spells and Barrage / AM as spender, AM for single target and Barrage for cleave / AOE, but i don't think it should consume all charges, instead it should only consume 1-2 charges at a time giving us more control of our charge countZak0 20h
20h I miss Supernova Why did Blizz nerf this ability so much ? i remember the days where this used to hit like a truck. It seems like as arcane mage im always gonna be stuck with Arcane barrage, Arcane Blast and AM never to have any other spell. I mean when was the last time we got a new damaging spell as arcane ? last spell to be added was arcane barrage in WOTLK....Zak1 20h
1d RIP Arcane Mage I just logged in today, started to noticing some changes. And I was like: "What is this? What have they done to my favourite spec?" I am confused. Why, just tell me why, Blizzard has to change spec that worked so well and it was so fun to play (at least for me). And now? Its a mess. It feels like someone up there got an idea: "What about, we erase all the mechanics of this spec, and let players use whatever spells they like in whatever order. That way, they can spam just one button. This will sure be fun!" I've heard tales of Blizzard fixing something that works just fine. Not sure if its true, but certainly this is the case right here. What is the point of having both Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles, when I can cast basicly both of then without any need of procs (new proc system feels just weird). Like what is now the point of having Arcane Charges when only one spell works around them (sure it feels that way for me). Sure, when I have more Arcance Charges I will do more damage with Arcane Blast and cast it faster. And If I am lucky I will get Clevercasting proc which gives me free Arcane Missiles or Eplosion cast. But right now, why would I even bother with the missiles when with blast, I can do more DPS (When I had Arcane missiles procs, I knew I was about to some serious damage when I had all Arcane Charges. Now its feels insignificant. Like cast whatever you want.). Or I can just spam the missiles, because I dont need Arcane Charges to kick Alliance butt as I have heard. I am not gonna cover all the changes, but so far this Patch feels really dissapointing, at least from my point of view (now the idea of having global cooldown on everything seems so petty to me). And that is just for Arcane Mage. Congrats Blizzard, you ruined only spec I was enyojing. Now i am starting to consider canceling subscription and requesting refund for BFA I was looking forward to play.Bloodyspark62 1d
1d Best spec for leveling Is Arcane. So if you came here to ask that don't go further. You can play all 3 specs, but arcane will be the fastest cuz dmg is way better than frost, little better than fire. Especially on low levels. If you need to kill elite, then try with frost due to kitting.Lightdagger0 1d
1d Arcane buff someday? Or just revert the spec back to Legion state. It was very-very fun and rewarding to play, now it sucks because the whole spec is based around spamming AM all day long... The Arcane Charge system makes no sense at all now. This was from a PvP perspective.Coldfearxx3 1d
1d Frost mages - do you like this playstyle? I think it's a no brainer that frost mages are absolutely infuriating for any melee spec. But I wonder how you guys feel about it, would you be willing to lose some of these endless snares and roots for a bit more damage? Frost has always been good vs melee, and I think they should be, but right now it's just a bit 'zzzzz' playing against one.Vialism22 1d
1d Fire Mage Orbs? Helloo mages, Do you know what happened to those awesome fire orbs around my head? Some people still got them in-game right now, but i cant find any option to use it. Melis doesnt give the option to disable or enable them (because the artifact has been drawn out of power ofc) But the phoenix flames talent does not give them either. Are they gone? (or bugged?)Ernaj23 1d
1d Elemental Water bugged on Passive ? Hello, My elemental water is like locked on "Passive" even if i switch it to Assist or Defensive he will just follow me without attacking, PetAttack is not working too, the only way i can get him to cast is like /cast Waterbolt on macro and he only casts 2 before stopping. Does anyone knows about this issue ? Got him resummoned, changed specialization, went lonely winter and !@#$ i have the issue for like 2 days now. ThanksArabsyon2 1d
1d What's wrong with fire spec? Just wondering because it's my favourite of the 3 yet I see people constantly complain about it.Freezérburn7 1d
1d Nerf frost mages. Litterly not only can they heal a lot for a mage there's not surposed to have any healing at all they can easilly win in any duel due to their op mobillity. Nerf them. It's not ballanced.Türiel27 1d
1d Got time? Ive recently hit 120. And I feel so weak, will this get better with gear? :) and at what ilvl is mage gonna get good at handling stuff quick? :) When i lvled I enjoyed pulling alot of mobs and then AoE them down, will I be able to again? Since the mobs treat me as a pounching bag :/Tashá4 1d
1d Short question about Arcane talents in (world) PvP Are Chrono-Shift's speed reduction/boost really worth it over a second charge of Frost Nova in PvP especially when Slow exists?Barjavelo2 1d
1d Rate the Mage name above you TitleZieera29 1d
1d Greater Pyro in pvp has a bad influence on the spec Soo.. I've been maining fire in legion and now in bfa. I find this spec pretty fun and interesting to play in pvp and pve. My observations made it clear to me.. I do around 40%-45% of my damage in pvp with Greater Pyroblast. I'm talking about duels and 2s. In 3s GP can't really go off, because opponents have around 6 ways to interrupt this clunky cast. I was trying to run Controlled Burn, Tinder, Temp instead of GP, Tinder, Temp. That way we lose our clunky GP and overall damage but keep our burst damage at pretty decent level and we can finally do damage in 3s! The catch is - damage exist only inside our 10 seconds combustion window. Outside of that we are left with spamming fireballs that do not even come close to GP in dps - even taking Hot streak procs into consideration. So you aren't any threat for opponents for next one and a half minute. That's fine. It's the tradeoff for our burst damage. But wait... https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769647026?page=1#1 Our Meteor (btw our only 7th tier talent) gets nerfed by 20% in pvp. And our fireball spam gets better! Yeah, fine - more tickling for my opponents - because buffing fireball doesn't really increase dps durring our combustion window. This change made me wonder what's the purpose of the spec. Fire mage oneshot combo is very, very situational. Yet! Our damage gets tuned around it - and now we are forced into GP even more to get back the ammount of burst damage we've lost. GP needs to be changed or removed becasue if whole spec needs to be tuned around it - it's a bad design. It's only a freakin' pvp talent.Slayern3 1d
1d Rate the Transmog above Last one reached it's limitNebaisa364 1d
1d mages in bfa yet another ranting post, because thats all this expansion needs. BFA is the worst expansion ive ever had the chance to play, i geared up, i enchanted myself, i tried diff traits and stuff even on ptr, mage is in its worst state ever, not wotlk, not cata, not mop, not legion, bfa, is by far the worst expansion you could play a mage on its neitehr fun or strong, unless you have the only good trait stacked 3 times, and even like that, many other classes would be stronger, idc if free casting against a pve boss can get you anywhere with the right stats, try mage in pvp content, try to kill a healer by urself, or play a bg, or beat a hunter, or a shaman, or a druid... you feel like you have counter mechanics against everything you do. if i meet a priest in open world, he can bully me 24/7, i can't even force his cds, he can just dot me, and spam smite/shields, while dispelling my buffs.Vurtne14 1d
2d Meteor Why is meteor with its meager 13k base damage (at 350ilvl) being divided between its targets, its not like this with anything else except trinket procs, even comet storm was changed to remove this undesirable effect. I don't see things like bladestorm or wake of ashes doing this - both massively powerful aoe abilities with similar cooldowns to meteor, so why do we have it?Icefall4 2d
2d Mana bar addon for arcane mages Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a mana bar addon that also shows me on the bar (a small change in color of the bar) how much mana my current casting spell will consume. I'm currently using VexPower addon, and I totally like it, but unfortunately it does not have the above feature. Please let me know! Thanks! ArcturusArcturus5 2d
2d Mage or Balance druid alt Hey guys, I'm kinda tired of playing for da horde and looking for an alt. I want fill the rdd role since my main is a rogue. As I see, both mage and druid are wanted in mythics+. I have both and genuine don't know which one to pick. What do you say? I want to push some keys and do whatever raid difficulty my guild is capable of. Don't care about pvp or healing at all. Any advice would be appreciated :)Габоника3 2d
2d fire mage pvp talents hi i m begginer on mage and want to play it so i want to know what is best talents for pvp ? and lvl 60 talents (flame on/phoenix flame ) which better for pvp?Selvenia7 2d
2d Frost mage scaling poorly Is it just me or is Frost scaling poorly? I feel that my dps are starting to fall behind other classes the higher ilvl I get. At ilvl 350-360ish I felt competetive to other classes, my aoe/cleave felt really strong and single target was decent but now at ilvl 370 most other classes have just as strong or stronger aoe/cleave while I feel Im struggeling really hard on single target compared to most other classes. I hit my simmed patchwerk dps on raiding dummys so I know there is nothing wrong with my rotation. I also have talked with some high end Frost Mages who have confirmed my concerns. How do you guys feel? Have you noticed your dps falling of at ilvl 370+?Ibsoft7 2d
2d Volcanic in bfa Considering all the things we already have to move out of in bfa, is it only me who finds Volcanic to be really annoying? "Ohh theres some @#$% on the ground...better interupt Glacial Spike cast and move! *Starts casting Glacial Spike again*...Ohh ^-*! Volcanic lets move...*starts casting Glacial Spike a third time*....ohh @#$% some other ^-*! on the ground...must move...*starts casting Ebon Bolt as Brain Freeze timed out*...ohh @#$% double Volcanic, must move..." This is ofc an extreme example but sometimes this is exactly how it feels like :) Anyone else think Volcanic is a little over the top in bfa as there are already so much things you have to move out of? Or is it only me who sucks? :) EDIT: "Ohh sh it" is obviously a bad word to use, sorry for that :P.Ibsoft11 2d
3d Frost Mage procs question Short but sweet: Is it worth setting up stopcasting macros to Ice Lance and Flurry to interrupt Frostbolt when I get a proc, or just let the Frostbolt cast finish before using the procs?Sinnocence2 3d
3d Mage transmog depressing we already had mage specific items that made us look like we belonged in the carnival 5th entertainers of the night at the carnival... but now we get stuck with wands as well really who's bright idea was it to make wand drop from current content bosses?Zieera3 3d
4d Glacial Spike Suggestion 2 changes I would like to see with this Spell are Slower travel time to make the Shatter consistant at all ranges (smashing bf after GS to avoid latency issuses is awful) Make GS castable at 4 Icicles. We can't add GS to the Spell Que after starting the 5th Frostbolt, and have to wait for the 5th one to complete witch just feels wierdZulfira3 4d
4d Please make Phoenix Flames baseline Fire just felt 10 times better with PF and Flame On together.Noizes6 4d
5d mythic + builds (fire) Hi folks, I am currently experimenting with fire in mythic + I want to optimize my talents for my current stats. 43% crit, 9% haste, 15% mastery and 3% versatility. So far i am getting the idea that RoP > IF in mythic when movement can be mitigated. And meteor seems better than pyroclasm for mobs, pyroclasm for bosses (when rng is not giving me a hard time :D). (this is what i see, not sim-data). I am mainly wondering about the following (but any tips and tricks on m+ for fire is welcome) 1) is phoenix flames worth taking over flame on? it sims slightly better on AoE and slightly lower on ST. are they rreally that close, or are there obvious advantages to pick one over the other? 2) im running searing touch, and i am guessing it is better than firestarter (especially with setup time for RoP and Meteor?). But is pyromaniac something i should look into? might be nice for instant flamestrikes? 3) Flamepatch is simming much higher than LB, so i am running that. But how do you make the most effective use of it? cast it everytime there are 3+ mobs up? or should i mix with pyroblasts becuase of mastery: ignite? like i said; any advice is welcome - what talent do you use, and how do you use them. I am not playing very high keys (7-8 right now), and i never pug. so i have a lot of room to play around and experiment and play as i like; so i am looking forward to your advice and fiddle with your feedback :)Herpie8 5d
5d Newbie mage: Arcane or Frost? Hi folks. Been leveling a mage recently, only level 30. Started out as Frost since that's usually been the go to due to the high control since Mages are squish. A friend of mine suggested Arcane. So I swapped and holy darn. I can just use Arcane Missiles twice and pretty much anything dies. No need to slow anything when it's dead before it's halfway running to you. So what would you recommend? I'm guessing Arcane isn't quite as OP at higher levels and so Frost would be better later?Shallin13 5d
6d Heirlooms Hi all Very casual player but over the months have managed to get to level 83. , without heirlooms, because I did not realise their importance. I am now in Pandaria and all of a sudden dying very easily. Is the fact that I do not have heirlooms having a major impact. My Armor is sat at 98 currently. Totally bewildered any help appreciated to understand where going wrong or if I have missed something else.Billybuster1 6d
6d Raid dps/dmg done So i got a spot in my Guilds raid.. doing nr 1-2 dps….. ...but dmg done?.. HORRIBLE!!! just HORRIBLE.... JUST above the tanks... how is that? Im doing 1st or 2nd most dmg pr second… and still my dmg is !@#$?Elamandri7 6d
6d Help choosing a spec for a brand new mage Hey guys, I'll be playing a fresh 110 mage with some friends soon and was hoping to get a bit of basic input to help me pick a spec. Mobility is king for me so how do the 3 specs rank in terms of mobility? The other key thing I'm looking for is as many instant casts as possible. I've always avoided casters due to cast times not feeling good to me personally. So which spec has the most instant cast abilities (whether through talents or procs) We’ll just be running open world content so I’m not fussed about end game performance etc. Thanks in advance mage communitySeifér5 6d
10 Oct Same dps, but more/less dmg done? Did some target-practicing just now, testing the difference between Ebonbolt and Frozen Touch over a 3 minute duration (basically starting with Icy Veins and then pausing when it went of cd again.). Attacked a single target dummy, with no cleave. Nothing too exciting, dps was about the same, as expected: Try 1 FT: 12,9k dps (30 icelance, 42 flurry, 10 GS - 2,00 million dmg done.) Try 2 FT: 12,9k dps (34 icelance, 45 flurry, 10 GS - 2,05 million dmg done.) Try 3 FT: 13,0k dps (35 icelance, 36 flurry, 9 GS - 2,02 million dmg done.) Try 4 FT: 13,1k dps (31 icelance, 51 flurry, 10 GS - 2,05 million dmg done.) Try 5 FT: 13,1k dps (34 icelance, 45 flurry, 10 GS - 2,06 million dmg done.) Try 1 EB: 13,0k dps (23 icelance, 39 flurry, 11 GS - 1,75 million dmg done.) Try 2 EB: 12,7k dps (24 icelance, 39 flurry, 11 GS - 1,91 million dmg done.) Try 3 EB: 12,7k dps (28 icelance, 39 flurry, 11 GS - 1,79 million dmg done.) Try 4* EB: 13,9k dps (35 icelance, 42 flurry, 9 GS - 2,07 million dmg done.) One thing that struck me as very odd however, is the consistent difference in dmg done. Despite having the same DPS (within margin of error), FT edged out by a noticeable difference in damage done over the 3 minute period in every try, the expection being Try 4 EB, where I got lucky with RNG, which can be seen by me almost hitting 14k dps, 1k higher than the other 7 tries. So, TLDR: Is my dmg done-meter busted (Recount), or is FT doing more dmg-done despite having the same DPS as Ebonbolt. Feel free to try it out for yourselves, then report back here.Solmyra14 10 Oct
10 Oct Fire mage in a nutshell. Fireball 40% crit - no crit Fireball 50% crit - no crit Fireball 60% cirt - no crit Fireball 70% crit - no crit Fireball 80% crit - no crit I hate this spec so much...Rezista11 10 Oct
10 Oct Meteors, Fire Mages and the Future [PVP, ARENA] First I want to say that I understand that the meteor damage reduction is a step in the right direction, unfortunately as with most changes, it gets worse before it gets better. The change was likely implemented because it isn't a fun experience to go from 100% to 0% in less than 3 seconds, regardless of whether or not there is counterplay such as having an ally move to the meteor location, move out of the meteor zone or use a defensive cooldown to counter the offensive cooldown. The strategy that caused this reduction in damage output of meteor was setting up a situation where you initiate on a target while the healer is unable to heal. You get a heating up proc, cast meteor, fireblast, combustion, pyroblast, fireblast, pyroblast, fireblast, pyroblast. The fire mage is a class which lacks the ability to sustain pressure. Outside using limited resources such as instant casts with cooldowns and big offensives like combustion the fire mage isn't very impressive. Getting casts off always comes as a trade off, either a positional advantage or straight up in health as a result fireballs are not classicly recognized as an attractive option to apply pressure. The fireball damage is not a serious threat and can easily be healed trough, This remains the case with a 15% damage increase, it will for the majority of the player base deal between 4-5k damage against targets with 130-145k hitpoints with the ability to crit. The challenge then becomes how to setup a situation where the enemy team is in a position where the following criteria are met: No heals available for kill target. No defensive cooldowns to save kill target. No ability to LoS the mage for kill target. Kill targets hit points below 90%. Combustion and all instant casts available for the Fire mage. Fire mage hp above 0%.Based on fire mage presence above 1800 rating compared to fire mage presense arenas in general, this was difficult to accomplish before the change to meteor, where remaining hit points for the kill target wasn't a factor, my analysis is that it has become harder with the most recent change. All this applies both in 3v3 but even more so in 2v2 where Meteor has greater impact and fireball has less impact. To the community of fire mages, I invite you to brainstorm alternative strategies to remain a force to be reckoned with in arenas. Both 2v2 and 3v3 discourse are welcome.Saharez0 10 Oct
10 Oct Arcane PvP Montage after alot of struggle Hi! after alot of struggling with Arcane. I've finally been able to make a PvP Montage video! I finally feel I can do something more than tickle ... Please give feedback about the video and my gameplay!Touchthis6 10 Oct
09 Oct all i do is spam arcane missiles as someone who used to play frost mage last xpac i decided to reroll for arcane since frost just feels really weak now and oh boy, all i ever do is spam arcane missiles and thats LITTERALY it. it was fun for like 5 dungeons getting top DPS with nothing but arcane missiles but now it just feels boring, this should be fixed or somethingLihkan1 09 Oct
08 Oct MAGE NEEDS REWORK! Im playing mage since TBC and i rly not enjoy playing mage, but i want to play, simply we get screwed once when our spells fail. I have ideas how to improve gameplay as mage. And make it fun. I gonna add some things that need to be fixes and reworked after 10 years... 1) BLINK; blink needs rework, and made as same mehanic as DH have fel rush, just change color and effect, but base mehanic is ideal for us, and it will not make us blink 2y away, stuck on rocks, invisible things, we fail blink we die, in pvp and pve, in linear world of vanila where everything was flat, blink had sense, now with all those details blink simply dont fit in. 2)FROZEN ORB; frozen get stoped by critters, and some random occasions, where it goes 2y away and stop on nothing and we lose our main dps and one of main aoe spells we have without even reaching traget? How to fix? Simply, for game expirinece of mages, change it that talent "Concentrated Coolness" get removed cast on location and it is based as base mechanic of frozen or for futer AND EVER EVER, so we never complain again, u give us feeling of smoth class, where we dont need to think, will it fail or not and its bad overall. 3)Poly needs to be reworked for arena; on +50% dampening casting poly is simple "better not to do", coz it heal enemy more than enemy can heal, and we lose our main ability, instead it going in our purpose, it is going against us. I think we mages should be awarded by that poly in higher dampening, not our enemy.This is one of main issues for mages in arena. How to fix? Mage poly heal is not affected by dampening also, when u even afected use of our food is affected by dampening, why poly is not? So make poly heal reduced same % as dampening so when we cast poly on 99% dampening on 100 hp guy he wont heal anything almost, thats the poly it should be. I simply dont get having spell that is against us on higher dampening 4) Prismatic crystals, Rune of powers; pls blizzard dont make that kind of talents, coz its bad talents, expecialy for PVP, and PVE is pure skillbase, having casted ROP under us when some boss mehanic ocur we failed. Those are not funny to play, coz we again have % of failing it, coz we cant predict all the time what gona happen and will somone of "GTFO" boss mechanic go over or ROP and we need to move and waste it: HOW TO FIX? Make it as castable 1.5 sec spell and nerf it from 40% to 35% but make it as buff on us like 10 sec insted of ground witch limits us alot 5) ARCANE LINGUIST; change it and make it we can undestand enemy faction? What do we get from comprehending our allies racial language? What is use of it when there is no single use of it in general and none speak "orkish" or idk what. CHANGE; FROM: You are able to comprehend your allies' racial languages. (Passive) TO: Empower you with ability to comprehend all languages from Azeroth for 5 min. 2 H CD (Activate). Logic behind that is that mages are smart, and i dont see why couldnt have ability to speak for 5 min HORDE<>ALIANCE. It will have some use of it and fun factor witch make every class special. 6)being spell locked on mage is bad, we should have atleast 2 spells from all schools of spells, only fire if talented ROF have 3 schools. So it actually cast ROF,IB,Poly if cced. And we cant do any dmged if spell locked. Hunter can stun us, autoattacks from hunter and pet make our spell cast delay for every hit. We dont have anything against those classes where i think we should have disarm and stun to be equal. Old deep frezze and new spell: lets say fire school; Hands of fire; Enemy sets of fire and drop weapon for 5 sec. (disarm) And one more thing, In world pvp where its actualy 2v1, 3v1 agains use vs some melles, we cant do anything coz we get cc spamed. Its so annoying when your spell locked and guy stay there with 1% hp and you cant finish him, due u cant cast anything isntead poly if u are not arcane spec. FIX IDEA; simply add us 2 charges of Ice block for half duration (5sec isntead of 10) and without Hypothermia, and cd for each charge to recharge 2.5min. 7) Is it possible that we dont have any single heal instead of azerite traits on 79 artifact lvl; "thinking"!? Where some classes like enchantment shamans have 50% INSTANT heals every 10 sec? And our Cold snap only ability witch healed like 30% is changed and dont give us any survivability?Bunaru5 08 Oct
08 Oct 5% boost for fire So we got second flat boost for fire. Still spec have no flavour as it was in legion due to too low crit rating. While we consider simming http://www.wow-dps.com/wow-dps-ranking/ it might be able to compete. What are your thoughts?Riverse25 08 Oct
07 Oct Arcane/fire mage Hi sweet cloth brothers :) I want to ask about the state of the 2 specs( i know how is frost already) I'm trying to decide should I switch to mage. I wanna know the state of them in Raid/Mythic+. Thank you in advance!Itookchoco14 07 Oct
07 Oct Frostfire return and Orb of Fire too please TitleZieera1 07 Oct