Mage

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
04 Mar [7.0] Help my DPS/Performance -thread! (Read the OP) Greetings, fellow Magelings. Considering there is no current thread like this on the Mage forums, I figured one should be here as it usually benefits quite a lot of people, while same time helping to minimize the amount of misinformation that gets spread around. What is the purpose of this thread? Simply put, it is a place where you can ask for guidance in regards to things you are unsure about, or struggle with. This includes spell usage, consumables, gear and raid compositions as all of them are relevant to maximising damage. Anyone can post to help, but please ensure that information is correct before you press the submit button if you are offering advice. The last thing we want to do is to spread untrue information. What should I not do in this thread? - Do not come here to complain or vent about issues. - Do not ask for buffs or nerfs. How do I ask for help? In order to make it as efficient as possible for the ones helping, you need to provide a certain amount of information. At the most basic level, describing what you do in the game can be sufficient for fundamental things, but for more in-depth questions that just won't cut it. ... The most commonly used logging website is WarCraftLogs. If you can link your logs from there it'll be enormously helpful. If you are unsure how to do this, or just want a bit more knowledge about WCL, feel free to have a read through the guide below. It should answer most questions. http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/ It is also preferable that you have done some research previously as to how to play your particular spec. Full spec guides will not be provided here, as they are too extensive. If you are unsure where to find spec guides, I have linked some at the bottom of the post. SimulationCraft First off I'll say this. SimC is -not- gospel, and should not be taken as such. It has gained a bad reputation for illegitimate reasons, not all the modules are great, not all cross-class DPS comparisons are great. There are flaws. However, fear not. SimC is a hugely powerful tool when it comes to optimising our characters. We are fortunate enough to have quite competent people maintaining the Mage module, and we'd be fools not to take advantage of this. It is very good for getting our characters stat weights, as well as comparing different talent combinations. Here is an excellent guide by Frosted, one of the maintainers of the Mage module, to SimCraft. It may appear to be heavy reading, but if anyone is truly interested in minmaxing, this is a handy tool to have. altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=620 Guides and helpful threads: Fire by Rinoa http://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2553 If there are any hugely valuable threads you wish me to add, feel free to give me a link and I shall have a look. <3Rinoa101 04 Mar
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
16m Frost Mage - M+ Viability I am a returning player and due to sporadic login times I cannot commit to a raiding schedule, therefore I want to look at clearing high end M+. I really enjoy frost but am struggling to find an answer on how viable we are in high end M+ If someone can answer this for me that would be great, I just dont wanna grind the gear req to realise that i'm getting turned down from groups cause I aint fire or arcane, or have to be carried. ThanksAstrin21 16m
4h Petition to change the 7.2 Mage Mount As many of you might have already seen, every class gets a specific mount in 7.2 In case you did not see any video footage yet: https://youtu.be/c1Bi7yz7DLA?t=25s You can see here that the mount the mage gets is simply a recolor of the already existing flying disc from Mists of Pandaria, but with a purple skin and purple orbs around it. This is totally underwhelming and all mages deserve another mount. To make your opinion sound, please use this thread here and reply with whatever to make a change happen. I am baffled how this could get through. And it's not final. And I am not "okay" with riding the Arcanist's Manasaber as compensation. Any other class can do that too. Be more creative devs, like wtf! Ideas? A golem of all elements held together by the arcane! Hint hint challenge mode armor set, there and WoD mythic shoulders. So many ideas what you could bring here! Your petition to changes this, here:Temporalself129 4h
6h Rate the Mage Transmog Above You - 2017 The Last thread reached it's limit. Everyone knows the drill. Rate the transmog of the person above you on a scale of 1 to 10.Justinia94 6h
11h Need help choosing between specs. Hello all! I've recently dinged 110 as a mage and now I'm facing the time old dilemma: which spec to choose. Most people seem to agree that you should play the one you enjoy the most, however I like Fire and Arcane equally, Frost isn't at all bad either. So, which spec would benefit me the most? I don't plan on raiding mythics for now, but I do want to get into mythic+ dungeons and maybe lower level raiding. Also don't have any legendaries yet. Thanks in advance!Enelyssa7 11h
13h What can I do to improve? Hey, I finished a NH normal run a little while ago and I think my DPS is extremely low for someone at my ilvl. Can someone take a look at my gear/stats and the logs below and tell me what I can do to get my DPS higher? Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rPzLc9Vaw4fHWTFM/ Thanks in advanceFlynn10 13h
14h Questions from a Frost Mage Hello, i have many questions to ask, most are frost mage related. 1. I got Lady Vashj's Grasp today from a blingtron 6000 box and i'm not sure how i should revise my rotation. What do people suggest? I have been using Ray of Frost, Rune of Power, Frost Bomb and Glacial Spike (though i have switched to Thermal Void today). 2. I've played a lot and gotten many legendaries, and i would like to know which people think are the best for my spec. I have the following legendaries: Lady Vashj's Grasp Shard of the Exodar Magtheridon's Banished Bracers Zann'esu Journey Prydaz (Xavaric's Magnum Opus) 3. My single target damage is great, but my AoE damage is terrible. How do i deal with AoE situations? When should i switch to AoE talents? Do i have to use a Tome of the Tranquil Mind when i want to switch to AoE spec outside of a rest location? 4. Does the freeze effect of Glacial Spike benefit from Ice Lance's Shatter? 5. I do not have the ring, but i wondered if Sephuz's Secret counted the frost mages' Chilled effect as loss of control, and if so, does that make it useful for a frost mage? 6. If a player swears in a language you do not know while the swearing filter is active, does it translate to symbols or nonsense? 7. I have not gotten a recipe from Nomi in months. Is that a coincedence or do 3-star recipes become rarer as you discover them? Did blizzard limit this so players could not get all three star recipes until a later patch? 8. Why can't frost mages summon snowballs?Doodlybap3 14h
1d Is Fire going to be better in 7.2 than it is now? titleAzib3 1d
2d Is Fire that bad? Hi, i am looking to make my fire mage my main, he is only level 102, but from what i've played with so far, fire seems to be more fun and 'calculated' than frost, as with frost i seem to sometimes get many procs of finger of frost back to back and i feel as it is incosistent ( just my opinion). Many people on these forums consider fire to be the 'worst dps spec in night hold' (from what i've read..). From warcraftlogs the difference on single target doesn't seem to be that big, so is fire really THAT bad comapared to frost right now in 7.1.5?Àlex10 2d
2d Frost mage 7.2 Hi guys! I've just joined en realm and deside to play rdd for pve. I really wanted to play fire mage, but unfortunately it's not the best choice now and information from ptr confirm it. So I thought about S priest, his gameplay looks interesting, however i like mage theam much more and i don't want Fmage to let me down. How do you think, will frost be ok at next patch? Can he compete with SP on dps ladder? Waiting for your opinions :)Lorelian5 2d
2d What's your dps on guldan hero as fire? not in sims or something... but realistically... how are you doing as fire? Because I'm always one of the bottom on guldan... barely getting towards 500k with 900 ilvl (usually closer to 450). But then there are shadow priests or monks doing easily over 600k... Generally single target damage is so bad... is there something about gear I'm missing? Got ca 50% crit, 16% haste, 15% mastery (and 8 versa). Got both bis trinkets. Got 4-set... Is fire so bad at the moment or is it mostly me?Sandalf2 2d
2d Wind shear through prismatic cloak? Just been doing some games and had this happen, is it a bug or not classed as magic because it is "wind".Trikzlol5 2d
2d Fire DPS - Very Legendary Dependent? Hey there, So I've outdone my best dps in Nighthold both in normal and the heroic progress I'm making, but I'm still doing far less dps than most others in my item level bracket, and when I looked on Warcraftlogs to see why I noticed they all had one or two legendaries most of which were the bracers. Now, I happen to know that the Fire is indeed very dependent on legendaries to be top tier, my question is why? Why is the spec so dependent on items that you literally have no control over when you get it or what you get? Seems like that's just plain bad game design. I suppose, given the fact that I only have Prydaz as my legendary and one or both my trinkets aren't BiS for Fire, I'm doing as well as can be expected; the fact that that means around 365-370k dps on Krosus heroic at 880 ilvl is just something I'll have to live with until I get better legendaries. How do my fellow mages feel about this?Cuddlewaffle8 2d
3d Fire hidden artifact Am I missing something or is rng-jezus not with me? This is not a complaint, I just want to be sure about the requirements. So I'm at max artifact knowledge, done all the suramar quest lines (although they are not required) and killed hundreds of mobs all around Suramar. Still no hidden artifact drop since I reached artifact knowledge level 5. That was months ago. Granted, I haven't really been farming for it. I have mostly been killing as many mobs as possible while doing Suramar w quests. So my question is: How long did it take you to get the hidden skin? Does it just require hours of farming? Or am I missing a requirement?Vandel4 3d
3d I wish Khadgar died on Broken Shore If Krosus killed Khadgar together with Tirion in the beginning of Legion campaign, we could have gotten Ateish instead of Aluneth. How cool would it be to transform into raven (similar to Tarecgosa staff dragon mount transformation). If only Blizz gave us a raven transformation mount instead of portable Dalaran manhole in 7.2...Whissp7 3d
3d Arcane Mage struggling to keep up the DPS First of all, I have only been playing this spec for about a week now after switching from Frost but I think I do a pretty decent job as far as my rotation is concerned. I'm still not fully aware of my stat priority but everywhere it has been stated Mastery > Crit > Vers so that's what I am going for atm. I can't find any percentages as an example of a solid arcane stat build anywhere. *Note that atm I still have to much haste due to the recent change from Frost to Arcane. I seem to lack major DPS in mythic+ and the Nighthold on normal/heroic, compared to other players of the same item level. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong during my conservation phase? Because for me that's the most difficult part of the entire Arcane rotation, managing my mana pool after the burn phase. My opener sometimes puts me at 1 mil DPS so I know I'm doing that right, but after that I keep struggling at around 300/400k through-out the dungeon/boss fight. If anyone has any tips or improvements please let me know!Exodyme21 3d
3d Nighthold Mage DPS lowest in game Hello, Basically I am starting this thread to pull the alarm signal for mage DPS on Nighthold. Below you will find a link with the overall score of all DPS classes in Nighthold, based on ALL heroic boss kills ( an average score ) in the first day. It was pulled out of WarcraftLogs, you can check it yourself. The number of parses are quite large, and more than enough to get a statistic : http://i68.tinypic.com/352nm6r.png Basically, what you can see there : Besides the fact that absolutely all other pure DPS classes have a spec clearly higher than any of our specs, there is something more interesting. Except for warriors, which have the same score as us, ALL HYBRID CLASSES' dps specs are better than any mage spec. Basically, the mage, as a pure DPS class, has the worst DPS in game. Each other class will have at least one spec that does more damage. All a mage can do is damage, not tank, not heal, and yet, Blizzard decided to make us THE worst DPS in game except for warrs. Again, do not be fooled that we are in the middle of the table. The ones below are just fail specs atm. Class-wise, every class has a spec that surpasses any mage what-so-ever. How do you respond to that Blizzard ? How do you respond to all the mages' concerns during PTR ? Are we still paranoic ? Do you still have numbers under control ? Have you failed AGAIN ? EDIT : In order for all to see statistics for themselves, here is the link to the actual statistic website : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/# It is filtered for Nighthold Heroic only, 75% percentile - we are talking Mythic raiding players with some decent progress. I don't think anyone cares about the DPS that a 2-week alt does, so we filtered those out. EDIT 2 : Meanwhile, we fell even more, you almost can't see us. Warriors got above us and basically now we are officially the worst DPS in the entire game. RIP. Thanks.Ravenash185 3d
4d 7.2 pre-downloadable, still nothing for Fire Mages yep, 7.2 is coming soon, and Fire Mages didn't received any buff for the trash ST of the spec. I hope you guys worked on your Frost / Arcane weapon :^)Mildread8 4d
4d Arcane : Everywhere At Once Hello all, I have the talent Everywhere At Once 3/3 on my artifac weapon but the cd for Displacement is still 30sec. So I wanted to know if i'm the only one who noticed it and if it's a bug or did I missread the tooltip ? "Reduce the cooldown of displacement by 6 sec " ??Sithx12 4d
5d Flamestrike Visual Bug/Visual Update needed Since the last patch, whenever I use Flamestrike, sometimes the animation won't be shown but it shows the aftershocks animation. It does the damage, but you can't see the animation of the first strike, only the aftershocks follow up. Please fix this. I have done an interface reset a couple of times but it didn't fix the issue. Also seeing the visual updates for the druid, dk and hunter, please update some of the fire mage spells :) Some of the shaman fire spells look way better than those of the fire mage, a spec that revolves entirelly on fire :SKhaladryel6 5d
5d Most useful profession for a PvE mage? Hi guys, I just started to play my mage again recently and I am wondering which professions would be the most useful for me. I'm torn between enchanting & tailoring or herbalism & alchemy. From which combination would I benefit the most? I play mostly PvE, quests and dungeons. Only rarely PvP for fun. I think enchanting & tailoring is great, because mages wear cloth and so I could make my own armor and also enchant it. On the other hand, mages have no self-healing ability, so I thought alchemy could be useful for making my own health potions. Really can't decide at the moment which profession combination would be more useful. Would be really grateful if you guys could give me some advice.Khyrelion5 5d
15 Mar Glacial spike viable? As the title says: is glacial spike viable in pve (mythics+/raids)? How much does it fall behind ice lance crit build? I'm asking because so far I geared up for arcane (so now I have 41% mastery on arcane) but I just now took a look at icy veins and mastery is the bottom stat for frost... Would a mastery focused GS build work? What other talents should I pick up? ThanksMetalnuts2 15 Mar
15 Mar Arcane mage t20 set bonus Hi, I have a question about the t20 set bonus for arcane mage. Is it currently based on Presence of Mind or Greater Invisibility.Nerahs1 15 Mar
15 Mar 7.2 Mage class mount I honestly appreciate Blizzard's amazing efforts to give us the best entertaining experience but I had to write the below, hoping for something. I am quite sure that I am not the only one here who is disappointed by the upcoming Mage class mount, since Blizzard revealed the class mount idea on Blizzcon... Is there even a slight chance that they will change it since there are a lot of negative feedbacks regarding Mage class mount and honestly, it is very disappointing and not interesting by any means... Couldn't we have like a well designed Armored Phoenix which would go with fire mages or anything that looks alive to be ridden and related to the class or to any mage spec... I myself would just tell that the other class mounts are ALL quite amazing compared to mage's. Wish Blizzard go through these comments about the mage class mount and just change it.Anxera7 15 Mar
15 Mar Artifact traits in PVP Hello, I have a simple question to you ppl. Which traits at artifact weapon is active ? i mean 35 traits ? less? more ? I plaing PVE with arcane, but i want play Fire/Frost to BG/Arena and on these weapons i have somethink around 30 artifact traits. Btw: thank all ppl which can answer.Guminatorr2 15 Mar
14 Mar 7.2 Cord of infinity (Arcane) Cord of Infinity: Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Mark of Aluneth is increased by 1%. This effect stacks. Is it going to be game changer? How do You think?Riverse7 14 Mar
13 Mar Still going oom as fire Fixing the mana problem for fire mages didn't work for players like me without legendary bracers and very high haste, no words needed you can see it from tonights Star Augur progresslogs where I had to bench myself. Especially last pull where we got to almost 6min mark, you can see from my resources that I would not have any mana left by the time I would have to use my 6 min mark combustion. Even though Star Augur is the only boss where you get to oom (Krosus would make me oom too but thank god it's under 6mins and you have to soak something) Removing mana cost for example from Combustion wouldn't nerf anything and it would be really simple and easy solution. Fellow mages with same problem please bump this thread. Tonights logs and my manabar for the last pull: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FLJgTHx7PmdrC1Yf#view=analytical&type=resources&source=6&spell=100Magekko10 13 Mar
13 Mar Mage Class Mount in 7.2 Well, you can tell a lot of thought went into the mage mount right? Nop. Once again proving Mage as Blizzards 'We dont give a !@#$' class. Come on, a freaking Disc... That the very best they could come up with considering all the other class mounts. Pathetic. /sighTripe66 13 Mar
13 Mar arcane hidden artifact Hi there, Today the volatile sheep spawned for me in the class order hall and found the one in stormheim, now I know that Cote Metcalf and theocritus have a scripted event at the tower of Azora but nothing happens.Bovash0 13 Mar
13 Mar Fire Mage 1-Shot Macro Greetings pyromaniacs! Now that Fire Blast is off the Global Cooldown, I find myself wasting charges due to my habbit of mashing its button. To fix this issue, I made this simple cast sequence macro. It uses 4 Fire Blast charges (4 with the "Flame On" talent), and doesn't waste a single one. DISCLAIMER: To use this macro effectively, make sure you have one Heating Up proc before you use it. The Firestarter talent helps. #showtooltip Combustion /castsequence reset=50 Combustion, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Flame On, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast I hope this helps people who are struggling like me, Kind regards. Edit: GrammarMagnundor38 13 Mar
12 Mar Can someone explain what happened to mages So, i came back to wow after missing 2 updates. Now everyone is saying mages suck, especially fire? Why is that? Is it worth playing the class as it is in current situation? Or what is the best current class? DPS or healer wise.Fledalf32 12 Mar
12 Mar A Story Behind Mage Class Mount Well, Its 3 Episode of Legion Class Mounts. Made already for Shaman / Paladin and now for Mage! ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNOkoRJXQHE Check this out! ;)Orlyusha4 12 Mar
12 Mar Battle-mages in WoW Greetings fellow mages! Do you ever find yourself looking at Spellblade Aluriel and thinking: ''Man, I wish I could weave spells using a sword like she does, and no, holding a sword while casting spells or auto attacking doesn't count, I'm looking at you and me both, Felo'Melorn users, after which you return to Dalaran, only to feel triggered after seeing numerous Kirin Tor battle mages just standing around in the city. A feeling I know quite well. I for one have been craving the possibility of having a ''Battle-Mage'' spec ever since Wow first launched, only to be disappointed years after. Well, not really disappointed, since I absolutely love mages in all ways and all specs are fun to me, as I'm quite sure they are to you. Still, I'm miss being able to kick magic !@# in melee range as well. I'm sure Blizzard considered a battle-mage'esque class when they were first designing mages, of course they have. I also understand that they were/are tied to making long lasting choices and felt that going for the choices they made was for the best, and it worked out. Arcane, fire and frost are all amazing specs and work towards the ''Class Fantasy'' of being a mage, yet having a spec that allows me to be just as awesome in melee range really appeals to me. When you hear the word ''Mage'', a lot comes to mind, obviously. What form or manner of abilities or looks make up the perfect mage? There are too many answers to that question, looking at how other franchises handles their mage classes. The most important question is, does the option of being a battle-mage fit in the World of Warcraft? I'd say yes, but I would really like to know what the rest of the mage community thinks. Now, I'm sure there have been more post like this one and maybe you agree with me or maybe you want to scold my mother for birthing me into existence when she did, either way, let me know what you think in the comment section down below! Cheers.Cellas17 12 Mar
10 Mar Fire mage... low Dps? I just started playing wow and I really liked the concept of mages esspecially fire mages. I want to be PVE player but when i went to dps comparison charts fire was in the last place! I tried frost and actually I didn't like it. But for the sake of dps should I reroll to frost??? BTW, I love felo'melorn animationsAlphaturtle10 10 Mar
10 Mar relics: -3% fireball cast time v. +2% pyroblast The same item levels... intuition says +2% pyro but askmrrobot shows -3% fireball relic is quite better... what do you think? What would you choose?Sandalf5 10 Mar
10 Mar Shard of the Exodar Advice I managed to get this legendary last night and I was wondering if any other mages with this ring could offer any advice through their experience of using it? and any recommend talent choices. Also I joined up in a group with a Shaman last night to test the ring and I noticed something strange. When I used time warp the shaman did not receive the time warp buff but I did. So please could I confirm if this is correct?Deathlou7 10 Mar
08 Mar Frost mage DPS help needed! Hey guys, recently got into raiding slightly more hardcore and need some frost mage help. This a Star kill I logged this morning: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/3cqvVt9rafAQgJMx/3cqvVt9rafAQgJMx#type=summary As you can see I'm parsing 69% for my IL, how can i push this up? Any tips will be appreciated.Killmequick1 08 Mar
08 Mar Need help with Weak Aura Icy Veins I'm pretty new using weak auras, I have made some symple ones using presets and little to no coding... I have found a cool Weak Aura to track my Icy Veins while it is active. But, now I'm trying to create one myself. What I need is a cooldown to track when it's off cooldown, easy, indeed. But, I only whant it to show from when Icy Veins is done (when the buff is gone). SO, I see my icy veins, how much longer it is active, it's done, and then the cooldown... but I just dont find how to do it. Optional thing I might want aswell: when it is usable, I want the icon to shortly show next to my itemframe. If anyone is able to help, I'd be glad!, if anyone needs the string of that weak aura I already have, its on Wago.io ;)Semivivus1 08 Mar
08 Mar Portal prices? What do you guys think is a reasonable fee for portals? I thought 10 gold sounded reasonable but thats just my own greed speaking for the customers..Trixanomi17 08 Mar
08 Mar Arcane mage haste Icy veins says to prioritize mastery and crit, and it even ranks haste below versatility, but arcane gameplay feels horrendously sloooow without any haste. Damn, even with only 12% haste I feel super slow with my 2s Arcane blast cast time and the long gcd. Am I really supposed to ignore haste?Metalnuts5 08 Mar
07 Mar Where are my stat gear? Almost all world quest gear offers crit and mastery. Yet on Icy-Veins.com: The stat priority for a Frost Mage is: Critical Strike (to 33.34% Shatter Cap); Intellect; Haste; Versatility; Mastery; Critical Strike (after 33.34% Shatter Cap). I am capped crit, so I need haste and versatility. Mastery is for the water elemental? I go solo. Mastery is last on the list.Filidix4 07 Mar
07 Mar Arcane Mage Desperate For Help Hi I know this has been asked many times before but I am desperate for help. I’m a level 891 Arcane mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Havocc/advanced I am struggling with DPS/damage on NH normal/ heroic and as you can see from Warcraftlogs I seem to be useless: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3113125/latest/ I’m always reading forums (Altered time, Icy Veins, Noxic, MMO Champion and Warcraft forums UK and US) and watching videos and started learning how to use Ask Mr Robot. I’m totally lost, I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I’m only managing 460k average DPS including pots, flasks and food. My rotation is (just changed) Burn Charged up MoA Rop AP PoM AB AM (when procc) Evocation Conserve AB x 4 AM (when procc) Barrage to clear I have also tried using RoP in this phase as well According to the sims, I should be stacking Int>Haste>Crit>Mastery>Vers which suggests I can reach around 630k average. Simming crit first suggests a dps loss but would this procc AM more? Any help at all would be greatly welcomed, I love my mage but I know I will be asked to leave raiding soon due to poor performance. Also if there is any add-ons etc you think may help.Havocc4 07 Mar
06 Mar Frost Mage Opener Arena Fellow Pro Mages ; ) How do you make your pvp opener? What Rotation are you following? Personally: 1) Invis 2) Sheep Dps or Healer 3) Icy Veins>Blood Fury>Ebonbolt>Flurry>Lance>Orb etcGwiz6 06 Mar
06 Mar Bonechilling or Lonely Winter? Hey! I was wondering if I should be using Bonechilling or Lonely winter? People keep telling me to use BC because of my Legendary, but I perform worse and sim worse with BC compared to LW.Alessy4 06 Mar
05 Mar Trick to get around Suramar By chance i just found out that you can turn Suramar mobs with stealth detection into sheeps using Polymorph without breaking your disguise and they will not be able to detect you for the full duration. just wanted to put this out for you guys to use same trick to do objectives without having to fight guards and stealth detectors just sheep them, idk if it work with fear and skills such other than Polymorth but yeah. maybe you guys already know this but i just wanted to put this out incase someone don't. this message is mostly for superior mages master class. since i found this trick and i made my life so much easier in suramar, cheers my fellow mages! let the other insolent classes suffer. >:)Microft3 05 Mar
04 Mar Frost Mage Shimmer Bug 7.1.5 Hi, Three days ago I started using Frost spec again after just playing fire for a while, I noticed that, not like with fire spec, Shimmer stops the cast you are currently doing when you use it. If i'm casting a Fireball and I use shimmer, I keep casting it, but when I try it with Frostball, the cast stops. Is this intended? Is this a bug?? ThanksKhaladryel2 04 Mar
03 Mar Fire mage, 4 month ago Don't worry, it's only PTR, they are going to tune up our spells https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=norTWysG-n4 :^)Mildread1 03 Mar
03 Mar what are the stat aims HI all, now I don't mean should I be stacking crit etc. I'm more interested in the overall balance of stats that we're aiming for whilst gaining gear, i.e. surely there's a point when you've got bog all haste so your uber powerful spells take an age to cast so you've lowered your overall dps and equally stacking too much haste gives really fast weak spells etc. I'm really getting frustrated with my dps. I have decent enough gear and seem to be doing the correct spell rotation now but damage etc seem to be low, wondering if i'm missing a trick on gear Current stats unbuffed: Crit: 57% Haste: 11% Mastery: 16% Versatility: 1% do I need more mastery? more crit? I mean should I target 60% crit and then top up mastery for exampleMorpic3 03 Mar