Paladin

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
22 Aug 7.3.2 Protection Paladin PvP Guide In this guide I will go through some background about prot in pvp, some template nerfs and suggestions for comps that will work best with prot pala. I will also go through talents and give some recommendations, a basic rotation overview is at the end. Video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r45Jq9aLpV8 ----------------------------------------------- Background / Nerfs / Buffs: So let us start by talking about protection, once in legion prot were actually fairly common (pushing high 2.5-2.8k rating) however we recieved a few nerfs since then, which has impacted our viability. We are still able to push high ratings in both 2v2 and 3v3, but partners are a bit more limited and not certain if we are r1 viable. The following nerfs has happened since 7.2 : Sacred Duty nerfed from 50% down to 33% Hand of The Protector healing reduced by 60% down from 35% Luminescence is now 20% down from 30% 25% less mana regen in PvP These are all nerfs that has more of less impact on our viability. Before we used to have great support and healing, our support is still great even if nerfed a bit. However our healing has been reduced significantly. We are no longer able to stall games as we used to in 2v2, and going 3v3 will be a lot harder without a healer... We have however recieved quite a few buffs since then aswell, which helps in other areas... The following buffs has happened since 7.2: Bulwark of the Silver Hand 35% armor, up from 20%. Passive Stamina of Protection Paladin is now 40%, up from 30% Damage done on most abilities has been increased by 12.32% This all makes Paladin having to focus on faster games, and quick kills when we are not playing with a healer. We will not be able to sustain our teammates or ourselves for too long. The damage buff helps to support the faster playstyle aswell. Our talent choices and tactics will have to reflect upon these changes. ------------------------------------------------------- Current tactics / Comp suggestions: So the question is how we should play to be at the most efficiency these days. I have tried to play with an enhancement, which worked up to 2.2k. Tactic was to give him immunity during his burst and CC the healer while he get free damage on either enemy dps or healer. It was however an unreliable tactic and some healers posed a problem, such as resto druids. I have tried the tactic for 3v3 aswell, but with the addition of a boomkin. it worked to about 2k mmr, tho it was not always enough even with the addition of more pressure and another stun. However I have recently tried out a new tactic for the same comp. For 3v3 we found another layer of CC, which is the solar beam / entangling root combo paired with deep roots (so the roots won't break). The enemy trinket has most likely been used earlier on the stun / silence combo from the protection. Which leads to an easy kill (on some healers) For 2v2 I have tried the hallowed ground talent, along with consecrated ground. You are able to stall out the enemy team quite a long time, depending on what DPS it is you are facing. You kite the enemy around a pillar until you catch them offguard and then you try kill them in a stun. Dampening also helps the prot pala team more than it does for most enemies, since we got our immunities lategame. There is another tactic that works very well, and is the most reliable. It is the control oriented combo. Protection currently has loads of CC, noone of which share DR with eachother. We got a 6 sec stun, 4 seconds silence, and a 6 sec blind or 8 sec incapacitate. This can be comboed with other classes CC to lockdown the enemy healer. We can then grant out teammates immunity to CC so they can freely damage whoever we are targeting. This tactic works very well but requires more coordination than the other tactics. I have not had time to check how far all these tactics can actually bring us rating wise, so take them with a grain of salt on how good they are at the highest of ranks. The comps i suggest playing these days, a new season just started and climbing can be rough. But for 3v3 the prefered choice would be double dps with a CC that has a DR that doesn’t share with yours, or a protection / dps / healer combo with a healer that got good pressure and CC (disc perhaps?) There 4 major DR categories are Silence / Stun / Disorient / Incapacitate. Protection can occupy all 4 of them, this is one of our main benefits and what makes us viable. You can choose either Blinding light or Repentence for disorient or incapacitate. So change depending on what partner you are playing with. You want a partner with either one of those, or a CC of the DR school, boomkins perhaps (solar beam + entangling roots).Rextroy6 22 Aug
17 Jun 7.3 Ret paladin, RBG PvP guide Greetings! My name is Гаримто, playing as ret paladin on RU server Blackscar, Horde. My btag is GoodFella#21446. First of all, I would like to thank old school player as known as Jamaz, he inspired me to play ret paladin in Vanilla (Ronaldo, EU Jaedenar, Rank 11 PvP) and revert back in Legion(Season5). Frankly speaking, I would like to know him in real life. Credits to: Vanguard, amazing US player, he provided detailed guide for PvP Arena. Icy Veins, SkillCapped, PvPLeaderboards - these sites helped me to gather a lot of comprehensive information to share my experience. Cowabunga! Finally we end pre-ambula. This guide is mainly devoted to RBG. It is my first guide for RBG and I am not English native speaker, so please be tolerant !!! 1. Builds As ret paladin we have only 2 viable builds: a) Mass AOE (Eye of the Storm map; dungeons) 15. Final Verdict 30. Greater Judgment 45. Fist of Justice 60. Divine Hammer 75. Eye for an Eye 90. Divine Intervention 100. Crusade b) Single target (all maps, excluding Eye of the Storm; Arena 3x3) 15. Final Verdict 30. Zeal 45. Fist of Justice 60. Blade of Wrath 75. Eye for an Eye 90. Divine Intervention 100. Crusade 2. Rotation Mass AoE: Judgement - Divine Hammer - Crusader Strike - Crusade - Divine Storm - Wake of Ashes - Divine Storm (check cooldowns) Single Target: Judgement - Blade of Justice - Zeal - Crusade - Templar's Verdict - Wake of Ashes - Templar's Verdict ... (check cooldowns) IMPORTANT: Dont use your Divine Storm/Templar's Verdict without Judgement debuff on target. TellMeWhen will help a lot to see this debuff duration. 3. Addons • FlyPlateBuffs (need as Target Caller) • NamePlateCooldowns (for advanced Target Caller) • BattleGroundEnemies (must have addon) • BigDebuffs (must have addon) • TellMeWhen (I devoted special section to explain this necessary addon) • LortiUI (personal preference, but I could not play with default Blizzard color settings) 4. Macros Simple macro to focus target /focus Simple macro to assist TargetCaller (just change the nickname of your TargetCaller) /assist Гаримто Whisper your achievement, if you want to join random RBG group /run local n=ChatFrame1EditBox:GetAttribute("tellTarget") SendChatMessage(""..n..", I'm "..GetAverageItemLevel().." lvl, 70 art, Retribution Paladin, "..GetAchievementLink(405).."! Invite plz!","WHISPER",nil,n) ChatFrame1EditBox:Hide() How it works? You would like to send message to Raid Leader (f.i. name Tafsiri) of random group. You greet Tafsiri and then press macro and Tafsiri gets the following message "Tafsiri, I'm 930 lvl, 70 art, Retribution Paladin, Three's Company 2000, Invite plz!". So the main issue is to define your achievements, achievement code (in my macro - "405") you can find on http://www.wowhead.com/ And of course change your personal information (class, art level) MoveAnything /run PaladinPowerBarFrame:ClearAllPoints() /run PaladinPowerBarFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 492, -330) /run PaladinPowerBarFrame:SetScale(1.4) You can move whatever you like, to observe what you want to move with command /fstack To exit /fstack mode - just write /reload In my macro, I move PaladinPowerBar and increase default size to center of my screen under the char position. If you use UI scale, then please check "492, -330" - just find your best numbers to place your moveframe. The main macro #showtooltip Hammer of Justice /cast [nomod, target=mouseover, harm][] Hammer of Justice /cast [mod:alt, target=focus] Hammer of Justice For RBG, you do not need macros as Arena (tar1, tar2, tar3) - you need mouseover macro. Above macro helps you to mouseover enemy, if no mouseover enemy, it casts on current target. You press+ Alt and you HoJ focus target. This macro can be used for friendly spells, just change "harm" with "help" #showtooltip Flash Heal /cast [nomod, target=mouseover, help][] Flash Heal /cast [mod:alt, target=Гаримто] Flash Heal Mouseover heal, or current target heal. You press+ Alt and you heal yourself (just change nickname) 4. TellMeWhen Reserved. It is core addon to be competent RBG player, so I will prepare substantial information how to use TMW addon.Гаримто6 17 Jun
23 Oct Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx500 23 Oct
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
3d 8.1 Patch Ret Sup with ret in 8.1 ? any cool changes ? do we get anything interesting. i saw they do rework on priest and shammy. what about ret? Can someone make a list of ret changes on skills and azerite traits ?Stormenson5 3d
3d Rate that Transmog 15th edition The 14th edition seemed to reach its post limit so here goes:Myzraél315 3d
3d Holy Paladin 1600-1800 The struggle is real guys. I’ve been doing a lot of arena this expansion with various different classes; namely BM hunter, Arms Warrior and some Feral. I have improved a lot in the games I’ve played and managed to push to 1600 with a BM hunter using fist of justice to setup a 30 cd stun into ice trap, then go wings onto the kill target. I really enjoy playing arena but it feels like I can’t budge from the 1600 bracket. I think it’s probably a bit of a learn to play issue and to time the CC a bit better. Are there any other Holy Paladins out there that are struggling to? Or if not could you please help a fellow plate priest in need. I’d like to push to 1800 at least if possible. What comps are you using and do you advise other glyphs/talents? Also I seem to struggle to stay alive with either a rogue or DH on me for any length of time. The problem I have is the dash/teleport kicks that catch me from 20 yards away. Also what addons do you use? I’m currently using gladius, nameplate cooldowns and Omnibar. Are there any other addons useful to use? I’d like one that alerts me when someone is bursting really.Hammerite0 3d
3d Are paladins completely irrelevant this expansion? So, I am just a casual player and only do PvE, so that's the only source of my judgement. Paladins do not have any important mechanic or ability. Going in Heroic Uldir I am astounded by the lack of agency during the bossfights - I can whack an enemy with my mace, and, well, not whack it. No long-term CC. No AoE/Cleave. No pulling mechanic. Bad mobility mechanic. Can't carry orbs solo. No raid-wide buffs. No ranged abilities you can use often. Every single time someone screws up during the bossfight all I can do is press for more damage and that's all. The only redeeming factor is survivability and buff on ally death, giving you an extra chance during during a quickly failing pull and that's not much of a bargaining point when you are looking for a raid group. I am seeing this as the consequence of Blizzard eliminating the idea of hybrid classes, locking a lot of talens and abilities behind specs. Even back in MoP I could come into raid, give raid-wide buffs. During the fight I had both AoE and target damaging abilities and I also had raid-wide buff for extra protection. Several expansions later I am robbed of it entirely.Пепелица7 3d
3d Make paladins better Hand of protector off gcd. Make the shield better and a bit lower in gcd. We are like paper sometimes.Scubadiver0 3d
3d Guys you are all wrong.. Holy paladin is a PVE healer, not PVP. Blizzard clearly said "we want holy paladins to be in the front" But you can't be in the front in Arenas or RBGs as a healer, everyone swaps on you, And the BoP getting dispelled too fast. So get yourself a nice transmog, and with the new animation themes, look good in PVE. If you want to be a good PVP healer, reroll Disc\Druid\MW\Shaman.Neomi0 3d
3d Holy viable in PVP BFA? Hi guys! Ive been maining ret pala since vanilla, but always been just a casual pvp player bcause i dont have much time to play.. So im thinking about rolling holy for this expantion (for pvp) and my question is: is it a fun and powerful/viable specc for the new expantion? How does it look compared to other healing speccs? Thanks!Lacazetti11 3d
4d The FOUR glyphs we all need 1. Glyph of Final Verdict - I want my big slamming hammer which looked better, sounded better, over all looked like a finisher and well is just plain better than the silly mental clink sounding melee swing we have now. 2. Glyph of Exorcism - I want Exorcism back because i don't like blade of wrath, It sounded cooler, looked and felt more Paladin like. Plus who doesn't want to Exorcise the Evil from somebodies soul. 3. Glyph of Speed of Light - Transforms Divine Steed into Speed of Light - I just DON'T WANT TO SIT ON THAT MOUNT! 4. Glyph of Wrathful Storm - Transforms Divine Storm into it's Wrath of the Lich king animation which was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (infinite o) much better. i think 95% of Paladin population would thank you for these glyphes.Lion48 4d
4d New Consencration looks sick AF! Thanks blizz, don’t stop, keep them visual updates coming! https://www.wowhead.com/news=288483/new-paladin-consecration-spell-animation-patch-8-1-ptrWolfblood14 4d
5d Are Paladins capable of soloing old content? I know I just wrote elsewhere that I wouldn't ask, but here I go. I am dabbeling between playing Hunter or Paladin for my little project here. IRL caught up with me and I only have time for one char on a very casual level. (and I don't like DK or DH) My main consern is whether Paladin or Hunter is the best for Soloing legacy raids and old HC dungeons (mogs and mounts you know) with all the changes that has happened with BFA. Maybe a WQ here and there too. How do you guys find your soloing experience?Aiami10 5d
5d I want one answer from the devs Tadexexer3 5d
5d (Holy) Losing 1 sacrifice in new patch Blessed Hands - Your Blessing spells of Protection and Blessing of Freedom spells now have 1 additional charge. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Paladin. Requires level 40+. heheOdrareg24 5d
5d PTR changes for prot pala Hand of the Protector now heals a friendly target, increased by up to 200% based on their missing health. This change is not even a buff. Healing others with my missing health was bull!@#$. We are still very weak against other tanks. Hand of the protector must be off global cooldown. Wings must be off global cooldown. We are very low at HP. our HP must get buff.Melodiq1 5d
5d Prot Paladin Threat Display? I've started playing around with a new Prot Paladin. When I played one in Legion there was a default interface option to display threat percentage above the enemy name icon. I can no longer find that option and there doesn't appear to be anything displaying the threat percentage, so I can't really tell how much threat I have on my target. Anyone know where it has gone?? Thanks!Endion4 5d
5d Why no blue posts? Is no one else getting severely frustrated with the fact that it seems the paladin forums are completely ignored by every member of blizzard's staff? Exactly like the class it seems no real changes on the ptr constant frustration while playing the class because of downtime and no real fix in the future. Why is our class doing less damage than every other class in the game yet were getting nurfs instead of buffs? Why is there 0 communication on the paladin forums EVER. Why not at least state they are going to do something with the class. I'm getting to the point where I don't even know why I'm paying for this game anymore as it just isn't fun to play. Being last in everything except being able to survive is a joke, and even when I do survive I'm doing less damage than everyone else. I want to be able to do content, being declined from every group because I'm a ret pally because I'm worse than everyone else at everything is ridiculous considering every Spec should be at least viable for all content in the game considering were paying to DO all content. JUST PLEASE GIVE US SOME INFORMATION on what your actually doing with the class!Meadyslag23 5d
5d Ret - direction: unknown ? Where are we heading ? Im sitting there, every night, trying to queue for RBG, arena but my success rate is like 10 %. I'm not even going to mention PvE... mythic+ and raids queue stand even lower than PvP... I might not be the best player, not even among the top, I consider myself medium but for the love of God the time i spend in queue is absolute crap. Everyone is turning their back to ret. Even if i start my own RBG group ( tried that ) i'm not capable to lead 100% so once a good leader pops and finds a ret in the group is an instant leave. Arena ?? tried PHP, please try to find this comp in LFG, they are like 2 or 3 and their requirements are crazy. All priests and hunters prefer to play with rogues or mages better than rets. Tell me if I do something wrong, its beggining to be extremly frustrating and i don't have the possibility to reroll now due to lack of time. I'm not 17 anymore and can't play more than 2 hours a day. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Have a great day, WarpWarpp46 5d
5d Holy paladin strength I just finished leveling this paladin and am having a lot of fun with prot, but as a life-long healer I'm feeling the itch again and while I already have my disc priest geared up I would love to hear from the community how holy paladin stacks up? I've only seen one or two in the time I've raided on my priest so I don't really have a good baseline, but I love the idea of the paladin damage-to-healing talent (what can I say, long-time disc priest seems to affect me) and I was just wondering how paladin healers are generally stacking up right now before I take the time and effort to get the holy trinkets I would need to change.Leyst5 5d
6d Do you guys miss seals? In the recent light of things I've become curious to know what other ret paladin feelings are on our now lost Seals system. Both empowered and regular. What are your thoughts on the system? Do you think it added depth to the spec? Do you feel like it filled our fantasy? If so please explain why. Talk about your PvP and PvE experiences if you don't mind. If you disliked the system please also explain why. Was it too complicated? Do you feel like it wasn't worth the effort of using each Seal to its fullest? If so please tell if you were a PvE or a PvP player. The reason I only ask about seals instead of seals AND auras, is because when the resistance stat became redundant so auras completely lost their skill cap. Seals however have been a staple of ret paladin play all the way up until Legion. Since we lost them, as a PvPer, I feel like the ret spec has lost a large chunk of its 'soul', if you like. The Seals for me were hugely effective for overcoming different situations, Empowered Seals created a style of game play that I hadn't experienced in WoW before. Reactive and anticipatory, you ran the show and could react to the show at the same time because the talent was so well rounded. I would really love an explanation from Blizzard as to why Seals were removed from the game, not just for them to shout "CLASS FANTASY" and run away behind the guise. Please leave your comments, stories, constructive criticisms, thoughts, dislikes, and anything else you can think of here for the dev team to see, guys. I have posted in these comments for a few years, and read them for a few years longer than that. Please come alive here and tell your stories. I would personally love to see a proper seals system back on the map for us ret paladins. Cheers.Schwzenegger23 6d
6d Why so many blood elf palas i mean, come on everytime i enter a PvP match atleast half the horde team consists of blood elf palas, its annoying cause they are so predictable, constantly charging at you and spamming self heals when they realise they dun goofed. its prolly the most abused class/race combo on the hordeLihkan32 6d
6d Blizzard why i even bother. I got Hunter mains both BM Hunters. One for Ally and one at Horde. I have been long time at level 120 and i hardly got anything to do than some raids and pvp. So i think to level my good old pally. But why really bother? Playing ret is so slow and clunky. Sometimes i have to wait long time to do anything than autoattack and most of the time others do way better dps than me in dungeons. I got poorly aeo and its takes so much time to move on the target when those poor 45sec cavalier are on cd. And i really hate that cavalier. 3sec 100% speed at 45sec cd that can be snared, really! Same time other melee dps are doing their job while i'am moving to target like a turttle. Warrior charge or hunter harpoons on target in a sec. Its same on pvp. I got so crappy mobility that i spend more time trying to catch something than hitting it. Unlike when playing my hunters. When playing my BM hunters i feel that i make so much more mayhem all the time than with pally. I cant catch anything and mages and hunters just kite me to death. Its just slow and not fun either on pve or pvp. And with all that poor mobility i do also crappy dps when i'am my target. I got better change to kill hunters and mages with playing prot than retri! Its not fun to watch when rogues do way more single and aeo dps than me. Or demon hunters who got huge mobility and do tons of more aeo than me and most of the time better single target dmg. Where is the balance blizz? Where is retri spot at pve or pvp other than bottom of the pack. I just change to play hunter and even after all those nerfs bm have got it feels so much better and fun to play then retri pally. And i know that my weapon sucks, but still. I play most of the time prot than retri because it feels more fun and i feel useful while playing prot. Blizz really need to rework ret. Atm i feel that its just waste of time to level my pally to 120 because i dont feel that its worth it. It feels weak on dps, slow and clunky on both pve and pvp. I will still level to 120 and wait If blizz might rework it and than its maby worth to put time on it. Atm it dont feel like it is.Urho0 6d
6d Radiant incandescence vs Archive? Finally got 3 lvl 370 azerite pieces with Radiant incandescence thinking of swapping my chest out which has archive and woundbinder. 2 pieces gives a 2395 hot 3 gives 3667 Archive gives 240 int after a minute or so, boosts shock healing by 1200 and other heals too. Since Radiant is only on crits is the 240 int + woundbinder better?Akiyuki1 6d
6d Only healer? Been wondering what to reroll to (dont like the feral dmg) , and i struggle between Blood/unholly Dk and Pally. I gave a shot to lv 100 trial and both are ok trough i miss mobility , that might be because i played Prot warrior for 8 years, and grow to hate tanking. My real problem is ,that i hear Dk is getting nerfed , and the dps is not that good to begin with on the dps spec for them. So will it become trash? In other hand Pally is cool as it can play as healer, but then again its the same as my priest, the dps spec is trash. . . Seriously not sure anymore if its worth to play the game at all if you dont go Frost mage/Rogue/DhAinzowngoal2 6d
6d new Avenging Wrath animation is disgusting anyone saw the new animation? I'm actually done with this game first they remove Exorcism then they remove the extremely gorgeous WoTLK Divine Storm animation and now they take the gorgeous wings and turn them into some dumb "OH LOOK HE/SHE'S SHINY WOOHOO" animation gj blizzard https://youtu.be/_3cwcB9qPwo?t=515 here it is disgusting just disgusting unless they give a damn glyph for old wings I'm legit done and I know nobody cares but I'm just annoyed because they keep removing stuff from this game and never adding options to keep the old version of them in some way or form I don't like those dumb inward wings what about you peopleIlnnm28 6d
12 Nov help me pick race hello i want the best alliance race for world quests , world farming and pvp i want to play draenei dwarf or lightforged draenei lightforged seems weak on paper but i dont know how good their nuke is what you guys think is the most optimal for my needs?Faraona7 12 Nov
11 Nov Weapons and shield as holy pala animation I might remember wrong, but I think back in cata it was possible to cast spells while holding a weapon and a shield up but you had to use default keybinding z or something first to unsheathe them. But now they are always sheathed(?) and or on your back. Is it not possible to get animations like that working or back that you hold your hand items as you cast? Bit boring and weird to look my shield and or weapon(s) are always just sitting on my armor and actually never being used. Would just be nice to see my items in actual use in my hand somehow. Looking forward to the paladin animations in 8.1!Ollawa1 11 Nov
11 Nov Kul'tirans get no paladins, while zandalari does. Kul Tiran Humans Druid Hunter Monk Priest Rogue Shaman Warrior Zandalari Trolls Druid Hunter Mage Monk Paladin Priest Rogue Shaman Warlock Warrior sigh.Calìdore24 11 Nov
11 Nov Blade of Justice - Animation Greetings dear Blue Blizzard's bois and dear players. This topic is more directed to female. Problem with this animation is that whenever I use it I always feel pain in my balls and I feel like dishonorable pus*y. Do other players feel something similar? Our class is honored warrior and we shouldn't have that brutal spell. Maybe this should have animation like a blade flying down from the sky or something like that. I am asking for serious consideration of this topic because it's perfect example of "First world problem" ( XD ). Please, write your thoughts, feelings and suggestions :DAndanis7 11 Nov
10 Nov Worth playing paladin? Hi , i was wondering if it is worth leveling up a paladin because ive heard some mixed rumors about them. Id like to tank and do some ret, Will mostly do m+(not extremely high, im a casual player) and some random bgs, and ofc how will they do in 8.1? Thanks!Mordryn12 10 Nov
10 Nov Ret paladin issues in BfA Hello everyone, I'm trying to compile my qualms about the current sorry state of ret paladin into one big post. I'm hoping to get some discussion going that might even attract some blue attention and perhaps even assist in fixing this mess. I believe that if enough of us speak about these problems, we will be heard - however we have to keep the discourse polite and not let it devolve into crying and complaining. So let me preface this by stating that Retribution as a spec currently is bad. This is not an opinion, this is objectively true. You will find yourself severely handicapped if you try to compete against many other classes and their specs in the game, in every aspect of the game. I will try to go over these things one by one, and offer feedback, perhaps possible solutions. Rotation Ret has a terrible rotation at the moment. It's slow, and once you get the hang of it, you will find yourself bored. You basically have 3 wet noodle basic abilities, and hitting those TV's should feel fun and rewarding. I find myself picking HoW as the 2nd tier talent just to have a 4th basic ability I can use, because without it, ret has extremely long downtime, if you get unlucky with the BoJ resets. This, as a whole encourages you to just stack haste so you can reduce the painfully long cooldowns, this seems to be a recurring theme for a lot of specs, and ret is no exception. In my opinion, HoW should be a baseline ability, and along with that, all the other abilities could get a minor damage boost, and TV could take a small hit, as it is already a very hard hitting ability. All in all, ret feels extremely shallow, as though there is a hole that needs filling. (Also this is nitpicking on my part, but changing the animation on TV to the colossus smash/death strike jumpy animation would help it feel more impactful, right now it looks like a basic ability. It feels like Ret got the short end of the stick with the new animations. I'd even take the old one from WoD over the current one.) Single target and AoE Ret has been a great class for picking off and eliminating single target threats in general. And it's all right like that as the class trope, no issue there. As the game gets more and more competitive, however, these discrepancies start to really matter, and make ret paladins an increasingly unappealing choice for a lot of raid encounters, not to mention dungeons. So ret had no form of AoE for a long time. And as the classes started to get more and more streamlined, we got ourselves the good old DS, and even HotR for a while in WoD. Now, going back to the previous point of the rotation being slow and clunky, it translates to slow and clunky AoE as well. You have no AoE generator, which means you have to randomly single target attack things just so you can use a DS. Now, the contrived AoE style would be all right, if it wasn't atrociously bad. Other classes, both ranged and melee can consistently outperform ret in AoE. Frost mages, DHs, Rogues to name a few. And this would STILL be okay, if they didn't do just as much if not -more- damage on single target. Ret needs a serious aoe buff, period. Utility Ret has the worst mobility in the game along with DKs. I know the two classes love arguing whose is worse, but I'm not getting into that right now. Besides mobility and maneuverability, ret is seriously lacking in meaningful abilities that make a difference. Sure, BoP is invaluable in some fights, and sure, WoG can sometimes be good for offheals, but let's not lie to ourselves - what you want in terms of class utility is increased damage and AoE stuns. BoK and BoW are neat, but definitely won't get you picked over a DH's increased magic damage taken debuff, and their massive range AoE stun on a short CD. Ret in general is not a desirable spec to take. You don't see a ret a think to yourself. "Hmmh, I sure want this single target stun in my group, and the 5 to 10 min CD survival abilities that are only really needed if the group is doing badly." So my suggestion is: bring auras back, bring seals back, bring anything to the table that makes Ret actually a spec people can consider. Give ret a CR, bring back the old blessings, or an alternative to healthstones, just give us anything. PVP All of the above issues could really be summed up in this section. Ret can be kited by nearly any class with a slow. Ret has good single target damage, and decent CC, but for some reason it needs to be this clumsy oaf that waddles like a helpless child without a healer to dispel them every 2 seconds. Where's emancipate? Where's two charges on BoF? The seal that actually gave ret a slow, where is all that? Trying to play ret in PvP in the current metagame is asking to get blasted by the myriad of rogues and BM hunters that do everything you can 3 times better while bringing more CC. This statement applies only to rated PvP, and I'm not even going to mention how hard you'll be laughed at if you attempt to play RBGs as ret. World PvP can be fun with any class, because it's chaotic. Conclusion Alright, so whoever got this far, I wholeheartedly commend. I would love to see discussions and debates, ideas and just more voices. Whether you love or hate ret, let yourselves be heard. As a disclaimer, I don't claim to be the best in any facet of the game, but I do consider myself very well experienced in all of them to make these claims about the current state of ret paladins. Please, if you want to make an argument, make it sensible. If you are losing to rets in mythic 0 dungeons, LFR, BGs and world PvP, I'm not going to consider those valid.Yuulna35 10 Nov
10 Nov Allow The Silver Hand to be transmogged on other specs Let me first explain before I get flamed, I know this has been kind of discussed before. The Silver Hand is an iconic weapon, for sure, so my proposal would be to allow the non-original skins of weapons to be transmoggable by the other specs in the class (... even so far as to allow other classes to transmog the non-original skin would be nice). As the non-original skins aren't technically how the original weapons look, I thought this would be very fair thing to allow, and an awesome reward for people that have put so much effort into unlocking many artifact skins across so many classes. What are your thoughts on this?Aviendha3 10 Nov
10 Nov Exorcism so can we have the spell that actually makes sense for paladins back instead of the "I somehow summon some big ugly sword from the underground and encase my foe with it for 1/4 of a second" abilityAlicê46 10 Nov
09 Nov Retr Pala dps help Greetings fellow Palas, I need some help with my dps as I reached iLevel 370 and i dont see any improvement from the time I was in the 360s. Raidbots simulates my dps as 16.426 which is the higher i can get based on the suggested gear, enhants, gems. these are the stat weights Raidbot suggests: Weapon DPS 11.50 Strength 2.04 Versatility 1.78 Mastery 1.72 Haste 1.70 Critical Strike 1.62 In the 360s, I used [Khor, Hammer of the Corrupted] weapon which was iLevel 355. The stat weights Weapon DPS was then at 10.25. I got to iLevel370, because I got new loot [Khor, Hammer of the Corrupted] weapon at iLevel 385, and now the stat weights for Weapon DPS switch to 11+ (i dont understand why) I am doing my rotation as perfect as I can, but I get outDPSed from 360 people in raids.Hypèrion6 09 Nov
09 Nov Zandalari Paladins confirmed! https://i.imgur.com/2N6WtzA.png Feelssortasaved (blizzcon is still overwhelmingly dissapointing)Lenddor6 09 Nov
08 Nov Divine Storm Animation Hello again dear Blizzard and paladins! Im here again asking if we could have the old animation back or a glyph to make it happen? So the players that love the old animation just glyph it! It was so much better it had the "stormy" thing arround, hammers spinning, sick sound effects that really "showed" why it's called Divine Storm! Curren't one is weird and feels unfinished, sound effects remembers nothing of a storm and the visual too. Please blizzard make me happy and alot of paladins... :') Old animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJwIDU2UL8Breadromance33 08 Nov
08 Nov Beginner tank Hello I have a question about the role tank.I decided to play tank after many years of playing dps.Refueling dungeons is not a problem for me, but I have problems with raids.I have no idea when to change with the second tank by what I was looking for the appropriate wa.I am also looking for some that show what the tank should be doing at the moment, such as pulling the zus crusader down. Is there such a thing?Do you have any tips for a novice tank? Greetings :)Coren6 08 Nov
08 Nov Legion S5,6,7 Transmog Hi all, So the only set of the gladiator pvp transmog I never got was the gloves. Is there anyway to get just the gloves as I don't feel like coughing up 12 Marks of honor for 1 item... Also, does anyone know if you are able to buy the xmog set from bfa? (assuming we'll have to wait for season to end ofc) Thanks!Skylíne0 08 Nov
07 Nov Zandalari Prelate (paladin) transmog Ok so I decided to search for some nice combinations and I found some cool looking options I though I could share, They really look very good so long as you're creative and don't use outdated and overrated mogs. Newest gear: https://i.imgur.com/d0WzmWW.png Uldir: https://i.imgur.com/qf7Loqa.png Horde theme : https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=165990/zandalar1 Using wotlk gear : https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=170186/zandalari-prelate-wotlk#modelviewer:31+1 classic: https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=161468/zandalari-prelate all yellow :https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=137761/zandalari-prelate all blue : https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=169518/999 Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Set: https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=127292/zandalari-paladin-f I love the creativity so I'll encourage ya to come up with something great!Zakkaru0 07 Nov
07 Nov Holy PvP - How to handle warriors? Hi guys, I just recently (yesterday) got my paladin to 120, and got some gear and started doing some arenas. At the time I was rather undergeared, sitting at like 320 ilvl, but ended the day at 340ish. Either way, overall it felt fine, not a lot of classes gave me issues, but I really struggled with warriors (both fury and arms) in 2s. Basically, any warrior I didn't manage to juke interrupts from just annihilated me. Any tips on handling warriors? Talents/playstyles etc. Only times I really managed to survive was when they sucked at interrupting or I was lucky with crits (still low crit) for the fast Holy Lights, to keep the -15% damage buff up)Chilava2 07 Nov
07 Nov Best tank class for M+ of these options? Hi If I'm too noob to learn to tank on a Demon Hunter for M+ 10-11 in time and I give up learning it, which class is the best pick of a Protection Paladin or a Brewmaster Monk? And before you say "Roll DK" well... That is also an option but leveling a new character RN is not an option :P Please help me.Watchmetrap6 07 Nov
06 Nov Bring back Legion Holy Paladins I don't think It's just me who thinks Holy paladins need a change in some departments. I'm not even talking about the lack of AoE, which was why Holys were so good in Legion, we had an extra Aoe heal, and the crit for holy shock was done properly, or atleast better than it is at the moment. Which is holy's issue, the fact that on the line my Holy Shock can heal for 17k, and then further on a FoL Infusion of light will probably do an equally floppy 'crit'. So saving someone in a key for something reasonably easy for a hpaly in the first place is made impossible. I understand I shouldn't be healing for 60k each holy shock, but perhaps tone the highest number down and bring the lowest up, so the range is lower. Our entire job is to be a reactive healer, a spothealer whom can save people from these situations, but not anymore. This isn't a cry or a plead for a rework, or make my class imba. It's just asking for some actual changes being done to my class, I don't care what Light of Dawn or my beacons look like.Kneller0 06 Nov
03 Nov New Avenging Wrath Animation 8.1PTR https://clips.twitch.tv/BillowingExcitedSwallowNomNom Looks awesome, but wish wings went up instead of curving down. Looks to similar to holy Priest wings... Paladin wings are super iconic, seems like a change instead of enhancing the existing look. What do you guys think?Breadromance11 03 Nov
03 Nov Looking for holy paladin 2v2 streamer. As stated in the title I'm searching for some inspiration from a more skilled holy paladin than me. Anyone know of any good 2v2 streamers? Preferably one going with a warrior. :) Thanks!Ewebb1 03 Nov
02 Nov Screen shaking while playing ret? People noticed that Crusaders Strike and Templars Verdict makes your screen shake when used? It's pretty annoying once you notice it. Sorry if you didn't and I ruined it for you :PTyze4 02 Nov
02 Nov Retribution is so boring Super Slow rotation which looks and feels boring Super high down time on rotation Super Slow mobility No Blessing / Auras / Seals When I look at how interactive WOD empowered Seals Paladin was, or Look at the golden days of Ret during Wrath, I feel like Retribution has become rotationally just as boring as Vanilla when all we had was Auto attack and Judgement.Lion27 02 Nov
02 Nov Prot spec and haste So I mostly read about prot tanks stacking haste as their main stat, yet troughout bfa Ive continously needed to sacrifice haste for itemlvl, what gives?Rothgares3 02 Nov