Rogue

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
25 Aug (Transmog) Weapons that won't show enchants I wanted to assemble some daggers and other weapons that have an intrinsic glow or effect thus won't display, amongst others, the oh so lovely Landslide enchant. (cough) This post has reached the character limit so see #5 for the rest of this list or click the links below. Contents 1. Daggers 2. Axes 3. Fist weapons 4. Swords http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3161447398?page=1#5 5. Maces http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3161447398?page=1#5 ------------------------- 1. Daggers ------------------------- • • • Blue glow 1H Claw of the Netherwing Flight quest reward 1H Borak's Reminder quest reward 1H Glacial Blade faint glow, Horde PVP reward 1H Blade of Unquenched Thirst BOE MH Vicious Spellblade or Earthspike (exactly the same), quest rewards MH Infused Dragonbone Splinter quest reward MH Nathrezim Mindblade faint blue glow, Karazhan MH Jaded Crystal Dagger heroic Magister's Terrace MH Blade of Trapped Knowledge BOE MH The Lost Kris of Zedd very faint glow, BOE MH Talon of the Tempest faint glow, BOE • • • Green 1H Feltooth Eviscerator heroic Hellfire Ramparts 1H Darkmoon Dirk faint glow, BOE reward from Demons Deck MH Sorcerous Dagger faint glow, Molten Core • • • Orange 1H Ceremonial Warmaul Blood-Blade quest reward (Ring of Blood Nagrand) MH Searing Golden Blade BOE • • • Yellow 1H Perdition's Blade orange/yellow-ish, 1H, Molten Core MH Azure Lightblade same model as above only recolor, quest reward OH Searing Sunblade JP reward • • • Red 1H Dustbringer faint glow, BOE 1H Heartrazor faint glow, Tempest Keep 1H Tracker's Blade Battle for Mount Hyjal 1H Wastewalker Shiv subtle glow, heroic Slave Pens 1H Retainer's Blade exalted with the Scryers • • • Purple 1H Riftmaker exalted with Keepers of Time 1H Guile of Khoraazi subtle glow, exalted with the Consortium 1H Vileblade of the Betrayer heroic Arcatraz 1H Zulian Slicer faint glow, no longer obtainable 1H Mindfang(H)/Sageclaw(A) MH, PVP reward 1H Twinblade of the Hakkari and OH Twinblade of the Hakkari Zul'Gurub MH Ritualist's Bloodletter or MH Twisted Reflection quest rewards MH Sharpened Fang of the Mystics very faint, Onyxia's Lair • • • Silver/white 1H Twinblade of Mastery Heroic Mana Tombs 1H Electrified Dagger Alliance PVP reward 1H Twin-Bladed Ripper faint white-blueish, quest Netherstorm MH Time-Shifted Dagger Escape from Durnholde Keep • • • Black 1H The Night Blade BOE 1H The Dusk Blade BOE, same model as above 1H Ced's Carver BOE 1H Blade of Eternal Darkness very faint glow, Maraudon 1H Bloodsipper heroic ICC 1H The Lobotomizer PVP reward 1H Crystal-Infused Shiv created by combining 50 Apexis Shards with Depleted Dagger 1H Gutgore Ripper or Tarnished Gutgore Ripper or Rusted Gutgore Ripper nearly invisible glow • • • No glow but hides enchants Gutgore Ripper 1H, can be passed off as no glow, MC Tarnished Gutgore Ripper and Rusted Gutgore Ripper 1H, Onyxia's Lair -------------------- 2. Axes -------------------- • • • Green 1H Hate-Forged Cleaver slight nearly invisible green glow, Halls of Reflection Hc 1H Amani Venom-Axe green glow, Old Hillsbrad 1H Axe of the Sen'jin Protector (H) faint green effect, Argent Tournament 1H Bogreaver small green sparks fly off it, can pass as no-glow, Underbog • • • Orange 1H Axe of the Legion orange, BOE 1H Firebrand Battleaxe orange/red glow, Blood Furnace 1H Rising Tide faint orange glow on handle, no glow on blade, BT • • • Purple 1H Grom'tor's Charge green axe with faint purple, quest SMV 1H Breeching Comet MT or The Harvester of Souls Auchenai Crypts • • • Silver/white 1H Edge of Winter faint white, BS crafted 1H The Decapitator silver/white glow, Kara 1H Empowered Deathbringer very faint smokey white effect, Onyxia's Lair • • • No glow but hides enchants 1H Rising Tide faint orange glow on handle, no glow on blade, BT 1H Bogreaver small green sparks in core of blade, Underbog 1H The Brutalizer orange glow on handle, none on blade, BT ------------------------- 3. Fist weapons ------------------------- Reflex Blades and Stormreaver Warblades purple effect, Arcatraz/Botanica Merciless Gladiator's Ripper and Gladiator's Fleshslicer purple glow, PVP reward (Area 52)Töki96 25 Aug
27 Apr Interesting and useful rogue macros Hi there fellow rogues, I thought i share some of the macros i use, i developed them myself and found them extremely useful. ... ... These macros are for pvp, when you are spamming your main ability like mad and you lost target for some reason, (rogue vanished, mage turned invisible, hunter feigned death) these will cast fan of knives right away automaticaly. Update: As Mannmedkniv suggested I added the /startattack command to the backstab macro, that way when you cant manage to land a succesful backstab you will cause some dps at least. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... This is a spammable macro when you notice there is an enemy rogue nearby, it will target the rogue and sap him even if you are currently targetting a further enemy, it ignores pets as well. If you want to sap your current target you hold down shift or ctrl or alt no matter wich and it will sap your current target. Place this on your default action bar in stealth mode. ... Place this macro to the same bind as the previous one but in normal stance (no stealth), useful when you see a rogue while you are mounted. If you spam its key then you will turn stealthed then sap the rogue, if he gets you first then it will blind him. This macro also works for jumping down from your flying mount stealthed, which is a very usefull thing in many situations. In combat it also works as a default mouseover Blind macro but you can simply blind any1 with this as well. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... This is a simple vanish macro, probably most of you have something similar, it saves you from wasting your vanish when you would come out of combat anyway. ... Replace every man for himself to /use *your pvp trinket* and replace poisons on demand! This macro only makes sense if you put it somewhere else then the default action bar, if you do so it saves you 3 slots. When you are stealthed you would not use your trinket anyways so when you are stealthed and hit this macro it applies crippling poison to your mainhand, if you hold down shift it puts mind numbing on your offhand, and if you hold down alt it applies crippling poison on your thrown weapon. It also handles the pop up questions. When you are out of stealth it works as a simple pvp trinket. ... This is another 3 in 1 macro, if you target a friendly player in your group it casts Tricks of Trade on him, if you hold down shift it casts Slice and Dice otherwise its a simple Cheap Shot. ... This macro targets the nearest enemy player and ignores mobs and pets when you are in your pvp talent spec, and targets the nearest enemy no matter if its a mob or player when you are in your pve talent spec. Bind this to your tab key! Swap spec 1 and spec 2 if your pvp spec is on the first talent panel and pve on your second. I hope at least 1 or 2 of these macros were helpful for some1.Mawerrick176 27 Apr
28 Oct [Guide] Outlaw Rogue Guide 7.0 Legion Updated 4/716 Some of you may remember me from writing the currently stickied assassination guide or from YouTube. Welcome to the first ever guide for Outlaw rogue in the Legion expansion. With outlaw being a new spec in the game which seems to be a simpler version of rogues old Combat spec the rotation seems to be pretty straight forward. Notable changes to the spec:- 1. Shallow, Moderate and Deep insight has been removed from the game 2. Finishers no longer reduce cooldown times (See Talent Roll the Bones) 3. Sinister strike combo point builder has been changed to saberslash 4. Slice and dice is now a talent 5. Killing spree is now a talent 5. Revealing strike removed 6. Pistol shot is a ranged secondary combo point builder 7. Kidney shot is replaced with a ranged stun called between the eyes 8. Evasion name changed to riposte 9. We have no poisons 10. Need to use artifact so no weapon switching. Stat Priority (Subject to change) Stat priority: Single Target Preraid- Agi ~= Wdps ~= Vers > Haste ~= Crit > Mastery Heroic - Agi ~= Wdps ~= Vers > Crit ~= Mastery > Haste Mythic - Agi ~= Wdps ~= Vers > Crit > Mastery > Haste AOE - Agi ~= Wdps ~= Vers > Crit > Mastery > Haste Legendary - Insignia of Ravenholdt ring > Thraxis treads feet > Sinidaria of symbiot belt RELIC PRIORITY 1. Run Through Damage : Fates Thirst 2. Reduce Finisher Cost : Fate Bringer 3. Combat Potency : Fortune Strikes 4. Reduce Adrenaline Rush : Fortunes Boon Gemming (Subject to change) Prismatic : vers Enchant Neck: Mark of the claw Back: Agility Rings: Vers Food Food: Seed-battered Fish Flasks and Pots Flask: Flask of the seventh Demon Potion : Potion of the old wars Optimal Artifact Leveling path Here is the current optimal Path during Artifact Progression https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkYNScP8IqU Notable Passive Talents Combat potency: Your off-hand attacks have a chance to generate 15 energy Fleet footed: Your movement speed is increased by 15% and you take reduced fall damage Mastery: Main Gauche: Your Main hand has a %chance to trigger and attack with your offhand (physical damage) Artifact Ability Curse of the Dread blades Instant (2 minute cooldown) one saberslash fills your combo points maximum (6 with deeper stratagem talent) Every finisher you spend will consume 5% of your HP Lasts 12 seconds Single Target Talents (Subject to change) T15: Ghost Strikes T30: Hit and Run (preference) T45: Deeper Strategem T60: Cheat death T75: Prey on the weak T90: Alacrity T100: Mark for Death Note: This is a single target build. I have not tested too much on single target bosses and will update with more findings and changes. AoE talent build T15: Ghost Strikes T30: Hit and Run (preference) T45: Deeper Strategem T60: Cheat death T75: Prey on the weak T90: Alacrity T100: Mark for Death The bases of the build revolves around fast paced flurry of finishers. The more finishers you do the more haste to obtain to do more finishers. Mark for Death and Blade Flurry really helps build momentum on AOE trash packs so use it as much as possible. The aim is to ramp up alacrity to 20 stacks (20% haste increase) as soon as possible. This is done quickly thanks to Adrenaline Rush and Artifact power. The more haste you have means more energy for cleaving and using finishers. . Mark for death low adds before they die for 5 point finishers to increase alacrity buff. see below. Tooltips Ghostly strikes: Increase damage to the target with ghostly strikes debuff Acrobatic strikes : melee attacks 3 yards further Deeper Strategem: Allows for 6 point finishers Alacrity: Your finishing moves have 20% chance per combo point to grant 1% haste for 20 seconds, [stacking 25 times Mark for death: marks a target, generating 5 points instantly. Cooldown reset if target dies Alacrity Notes: Maintaining 100% uptime on alacrity is very important. You must use a 5 point finisher before the full duration runs out every time or you will have to start stacking the haste increase from the start again. If there will be a period of time where you cannot use a finisher but you can mark for death a target. it's a good idea to mark for death and then use slice and dice when alacrity buff is low to ensure the buff doesn't reset. Roll The Bones ***AoE Build Lets speak a little on Roll the Bones before we go any further since it is the bread and butter of the spec. This is the new baseline ability that replaces slice and dice as it is now a talent. Slice and dice is a reliable talent in terms of you know what your going to have 100% of the fight and that is 100% attack speed buff 100% uptime on the fight. On the other hand we now have an RNG base line spell that we need to try and work around to gain maximum DPS output. This spell will either be really good to you or really bad. it really is a game of luck on the term it will give you insane damage buffs for 46 seconds or it will give you really bad buffs such as a heal. Note that when it does not play in your favour you do not have slice and dice up. When things go bad and it gives only a heal buff it's like playing without slice dice active and is a major dps drop. Roll the Bones 25 Energy / 1 Energy 100 yd range Instant Requires Rogue (Outlaw) Requires level 100 Finishing move that rolls the dice of fate, providing a random combat enhancement. Lasts longer per combo point: 1 point : 12 seconds 2 points: 18 seconds 3 points: 24 seconds 4 points: 30 seconds 5 points: 36 seconds Roll the bones buffs Jolly Roger: Has a 25% chance to for saberslash to strike twice Grand Melee: Increases auto attack speed for 50%+25% Leech Shark Infested Waters: Increases the critical strike chance for 25% True Bearing: Reduces the cooldown of your abilities 3 seconds per combo point spent (see below) Buried Treasure: Your base energy regeneration is increased by 25% Broadsides: Your combo point builders generate 1 additional combo point Note: Spells affected by true bearing Adrenaline Rush Sprint Between the eyes Vanish Blind Cloak of shadows Riposte Grappling Hook Cannonball Barrage Killing spree, Marked for Death Death from aboveAneuryzm58 28 Oct
3h Rate the Rogue Transmog Above You - Continued Previous thread reached it's limit. Continue here. Everyone knows what to do. For the uninitiated, Rate the transmog of the Rogue above you on a scale of 1 to 10.Xaero356 3h
5h Outlaw DPS Trouble As the title says I've been playing Outlaw for the past month or so and i'm currently sitting around 910 Ilvl but i'm barely pulling 400 - 500k on most raid encounters. This is my gear : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/blades-edge/p%C3%ADngu Have I completely messed up my stats? I understand that my legendaries are considered some of the worse but is Outlaw really that legendary dependant? Any help would be much appreciated. I really like the class but If I'm not going to be able to get anyhing out of it without a certain legendary I'm not sure the farm is worth it.Pangú3 5h
6h Insane subtlety Rogue Guide 7.2.5 PVE Hey guys, You may remember my stickies on this forum for all specs for pve or my YouTube infexious gaming weekly rogue guides. I play writhing the top 150 world with 9 years experience main rogue. I had to take a leave from the game unfortunetly and couldn't keep the written guides updated. Sorry. We're back and currently growing at 30+ subs per day. With a like percentage of 95%. If you want to keep up to date with all the new tips, bugs, tricks and guides be sure to subscribe. Well be covering everything going forward. Well be updating the guides and posting them soon. Below this is a link to the video for sub after the legendary nerfs. It's created from information from the top theory crafters and game experience. Subtlety rogue guide https://youtu.be/giYmLZUZ57I Thanks infexiousAneuryzm0 6h
10h Subtlety Rogue Legendary Dependable??? does every Subtlety Rogue need to have shoulder legendary in order to make a good dps? just like legendary ring of DH?Mègazia9 10h
11h Kingsbane + Toxic blade in one macro? Hey fellow rouges, I need a macro that allows me to cast Kingsbane and Toxic Blade with one button. I've tried: /castsequence Kingsbane, Toxic Blade the problem is that Kingsbane CD is much higher than Toxic blade and I cant use Toxic Blade with this macro until Kingsbane comes up. Also I don't want to swap Toxic Blade with Kingsbane because I use Kingsbane with Nightstalker. Edit: no longer needed.Gift3 11h
11h Zoldyck vs DF (Sin) For the last 5 months or so I was seeing the Mantle + DF legendary combo as the best for assassination but recently a lot of people switched to Mantle + Zoldyck. Does that really make a difference, is Mantle + DF no longer viable? What's best in the long run?Cynotex2 11h
19h Closing the Eye legendary dependable? So after 40+ tries i've come to the conclusion that this challenge was meant for a different spec or either legendary cloak. The problem is always the 2nd phase where the adds spawn. I read every guide, watched a ton of youtube video (witch were made in 7.2 btw) and still can't get it done, 1 add always gets away with 25-30% HP. i vanish while the channeling, Shuriken storm-nightblade, goremaw's the 2nd one and nightblade the 3rd one, then pop SD and use evis trough Shuriken Storm CP+ mark for death evis. Am i doing it wrong? I can't believe how easy this is for other classes and we have to struggle so much. all DHs gotta do is stun,artifact weapon, eye beam and blade dance, warriors can shockwave, artifact weapon and ravager/bladestorm, survival hunter can aoe slow and cleave them down and we have to struggle with our only aoe move that doesnt even deal much damage and snare each one... doesn't seem very fair imo. So do you think this challenge is dependable on legendary cloak or trinket? Do you believe that they are going to do anything about it?Dwây3 19h
21h After sub leggy nerfs How close do You Think assa will be to sub? Will sub still dominate or will it be more even?Âbbadon9 21h
1d How do you beat Agatha? So since I've returned to wow,outlaw has started to rapidly become my most hated specc...I really have the problem with the rtb rng but SnD doesn't seem to be a good alternative. I want to beat the mage tower challenges and I only have outlaw one left,but I struggle so much on Agatha I can't even reach p2. Could I get some tips or pointers from rogues who completed it? How did you do it? And how do you compete with assassination and sub on the dmg meters?Animalgalaxy6 1d
1d rogues in RBG hello fellow rogues I want to start serious rated battle grounds and was wondering if any rogues can give me some advise that's bin playing rbgs this season? eg. spec talents ect thanksAsdatrolley1 1d
1d Closing the Eye with 1 Legendary? So i managed to get to the 2nd phase where the ads were spawning to heal the boss, that's when i saw the boss was above 75% hp and knew i couldn't do it with only 29k agil and some concordance and pvp trinket procs so as expected i couldn't take down the last add. I'm not sure what others think about the challenge but i'm curious if it can be done with only 1 legendary, I personally like both the Iceshear and the new tier set we are getting, i got my ww monk challenge done in 16 attempts but i see that it is not that easy this time, especially the clones in the arcane phase, i have no idea how i got trough it as there are 4-3 to jump on and you have 2 shadowsteps each on 30 sec cd.Clegg5 1d
2d [SUB]Why is my dmg so low? Im doing my opener fine but on long fights i kinda drop my dps without knowing why...just made 680k dps as Sub on avatar N 918 ilvl without BiS legendarys and 51 traits. Is it me or my gear is bad?Mosfungus3 2d
2d Fan of Knives -> Crippling Poision Fan of Knvies no longer applies crippling poision? Is this inteded or a bug. I am pretty sure fan of knives applied crippling poision not so long ago.Eduan3 2d
2d ROGUE DAGGER SKINS IN LEGION So guys after i collected every artefact skin for sublety and assasination. im really disappointed almost furious.. First of all assa daggers are at the back. this is incredible cool since u can see the weapon way more detailed and it feels so much more up to date. But The Huge Trash: Assa has at least 4 Skins . 4 reallly amazing looking skins. The magetowerskin and the hidden one are just INSANE Now coming to sub all 6 skins are A !@#$ing joke- all of them look like %^-*ing dog!@#$ even lvl 60 items have way more interesting models.. look at the magetower skin or the pvp skin.. it must be a %^-*ing joke... IT took you 1 Year to make this specc cool again after u completly gutted it... Now u want 2 years untill we have decent looking weapons again ? Blizzard please...Adq8 2d
2d What's your current favorite gank spot? One of my favorite spots has been the wyrmrest tower were pve herds scramble to grind out the chromie quest line. Engage in combat, if they fight back they aggro gaurds and get knocked down from the tower facing death from fall damage or I'll be down there to finish them off. Also, you can momentarily avoid the knockback effect while using your shs and dfa to finish off the prey. Fight back = get knocked down the tower and die from fall damage or from my daggers. As long as you die Don't fight back = Die by my daggers. Either way I want you dead. What you all about?Undalus3 2d
2d Rogue mount quest How do i get to to silvermoon city? I am on the eastern kingdoms but i cant fly to silvermoon i am stuck in eastern plaguelands, Cant fly any furtherDjenghiskahn2 2d
3d Tmog swords on daggers well... you can tmog mace and axe on swords which are rly different type of weapons... daggers are just smaller swords... why the hell we can't tmog swords on daggers and vice versa. (maybe it will look bad on casters... so it can be only for melee) Swords are better looking and bigger and cooler ! it would be nice to smash people with good looking swords as Sub rogue. CMON !! it's just skin !! nothing gameplay changing ! few daggers are cool.. but only FEW ! Tons of swords are cool...Gloomie10 3d
3d Should I change outlaw to sub? Should I change my outlaw rogue to sub if my goal is bigdick dps? I like outlaw more, but i prefer to be usefull in raids.Zuuby8 3d
3d Current best spec to level 100-110? Hello, so I've got a lvl 100 rogue I am about to start leveling, I've tried searching around the web for this but it's call outdated from early Legion. I know specs have changed so I was just wondering which spec I should choose to level the most efficiently with. I've tried asking trade chat but they're as immature as ever on my server so that was pointless.Mewriel9 3d
3d Can rogues solo hellfire citadel assault? ^ title If yes, how? I can't seem to keep canons safe enough thanks in advance.Deathstarr6 3d
3d [Guide] Tumna's and Notter 7.2.5 Assassination Guide Hey guys, Tumna and I have been working on an updated Sin guide in the last few days We aim for it to answer as many questions as possible concerning Assassination so Here's our guide: https://tinyurl.com/Sin-Rogue-Guide Don't be shy to contact us with any questions!Notterr0 3d
3d Simcraft says crit > mastery (sub) Hello everyone! I decided to simcraft my rogue and I got some strange weights back from it. crit = 18.85 mastery = 17.66 vers = 16.94 haste = 11.35 Simcraft says I should favour crit moreso than mastery, which seems odd since I have 28% crit right now with eviscerate relic increasing my crit chance with eviscerate to 58%. My mastery is just over 96%. Is simcraft a bit off in this regard? Thnx allBrigand2 3d
4d A dummy or something to shadowstep to Could we get a dummy or some other kind of permanent shadowstep target across the chasm, in our order hall when you enter through the southern entrance? I know you are only going to spare, like, 3 seconds or so by shadowstepping, but it would be a legit quality of life changeVishzel1 4d
4d Death From Above Bug DFA is bugged on the 2nd part. Like 50% of the times used (on some bosses, like fallen avatar and Host) the 2nd part doesn't hit. I've been trying to figure out how to fix it for a few weeks, and what I've learned is that this bug might only be for some races?? Before changing my race i'd like to know if any of you have the same problem and maybe know of a way to fix it??Tychoz2 4d
5d Keys to lei shan palace. Hi So i am trying to get the sub hidden artifact, now it says i can either turn in a ticket that i get from mission or a coin from pick pocketing correct? Now i tried turning them in yestyerday, and the keys were not on the wall as a reward but 4 other things, is this another layer of RNG? That the keys are also RNG pr day, so if you turn in coins/tickets its not sure you can loot the keys?Âbbadon2 5d
5d Please buff Killing Spree And make it a worthwhile talent, 2 million physical damage over 3 seconds is just garbage. Even on a dummy it won't deal more than 1.5m actual damage over three seconds. Which means Killing Spree only gives us about 500k DPS for a two minute cooldown (aka a huge dps drop), where we won't be able to do anything else during these three seconds. Would be really nice to have another talent other than Alacrity viable to us. https://i.gyazo.com/1b48f039f71363bfcd0180a7a68c3b0c.png https://i.gyazo.com/eb6cb3d10b4b4dad41d2a98ffc2a8224.pngSeylin1 5d
5d Stat Weight Confusion Hello everyone, I recently started this rogue as my alt and I'm a little bit confused with the stat weights. Every resource I found said that mastery is generally the best secondary stat, but that they're rather close together except for haste (compared to some other classes/specs). However, I'm rather low on mastery (6654) and rather high on crit (10339), yet Simcraft scaling still puts crit over mastery. Is that because I'm missing certain legendaries and/or the t20 bonuses? I know that the legendary shoulders would devalue crit a bit, but I jus can't imagine them making such a big difference on a 5 minute singletarget simulation. Am I underestimating the shoulders? EDIT: Playing sub, forgot to mention that.Zimtschnekke3 5d
6d What to do? Hai So i've recently picked rogue back up again and tried to simcraft my character, and turns out the simmed dps is 610k...that seems insanely low, especially compared to unholy and affliction doing about 700-800k with about the same ilvl. (Assassination) Should i go for a diffrent spec? What spec should i set as my loot spec for legendaries? I'd appreciate any help!Solya9 6d
6d [Outlaw Rogue]Which talent is better? 1)Ghostly Strike + DfA 2)SnD + Ghostly Strike 3)SnD + Quick draw which number is the best choice for ToS raiding?Mosfungus1 6d
20 Jul [Subtlety] Legendary Question Hi everyone! I've recently levelled my rogue to 110 (long time coming)! However I'm confused on which legendaries are the best to look out for. Just to see if anyone could tell me the best ones for the spec and ones to keep an eye out for! I've never really played rogue so I'm still quite clueless. Thanks for your help! NicoleNicole5 20 Jul
20 Jul Mastery>Versa. Why? Why not? -Subtlety- Hello! Can someone please tell me why mastery is better than versatility on sub rogues? Most of the guides are saying that mastery is the go-for stat but that applies to finishers right? so shadowstrike, backstab/goomblade and Goremaw's Bite won't have any benefit from that. Why isn't a flat damage bonus on every ability better than this? Plus you get a lil damage reduction.Dwây6 20 Jul
19 Jul Really annoying Stealth related bugs in PvP Hello everyone, I've somewhat recently leveled my Rogue here and have noticed a couple of really frustrating bugs that seem to only happen in PvP. Both in PvP World Quest areas as well as instanced PvP. The first bug happens ALL THE TIME. Almost every single time in fact. This is when you end combat with an enemy and it takes you upwards of 15 seconds to drop combat to re-stealth or mount up. Been playing a lot of random battlegrounds the past couple of days with my fiancée, she plays a Hunter. Whenever we kill the same target, she's already on her mount and riding across the map and I'm there just jumping around waiting for combat to drop so I can actually do something. The most recent instance of this for me was in a WSG we just played. I was at the Alliance tunnel entrance fighting some Mages with my team. Now, I wanted to re-stealth because they had a healer behind the Mages and wanted to go whack that Druid. So what happened is that I started to back off after my last Shuriken Toss and backed up all the way behind my whole team. I didn't get a single cast on me after that Shuriken Toss, and I didn't have any HoTs or DoTs rolling on me. I get behind my team and jump around, waiting, and waiting, and waiting.. I recorded this with Shadowplay and looked at the time it took for me to drop combat, it was 19 seconds after my last Shuriken Toss hit the enemy, which was my last sign of any combat. I know it's supposed to be possible to drop combat within a Blind as a Rogue, so you can Blind and wait for re-stealth. Blind lasts 8 seconds in PvP, and during that you're supposed to be out of combat. So why does it take me 19 seconds instead of 8? This 19 seconds is still relatively short compared to some of the instances this bug has happened to me. I've been in combat over half a minute sometimes before I force myself in to stealth with Vanish. I've had fights which are close calls for me, but I use Vanish to get the last Shadowstrikes in to get the kill, and then with Thief's Bargain I've already gotten Vanish some seconds off of cooldown before I end up using it just so I can stealth. This is EXTREMELY annoying and very limiting towards my gameplay since as a Subtlety Rogue I kind of do need to be able to stealth, and mounting is fairly important too in Battlegrounds. I've ended up having to waste Sprint and Shadowstep cooldowns time and time again just so I can reach places faster because can't mount up. For reference, my talents are 1232211 and Honor talents are 121122 (Though this has happened before I even unlocked any Honor talents, so likely not related to them) Then the second bug happens more rarely, but somewhat regularly still. I haven't got a clue why this happens, but sometimes my stealth just randomly drops. My most recent one happened yesterday on Deepwind Gorge. The middle mine was controlled by the Alliance and I was sitting there waiting to see if I could perhaps sneak the cap. I was opening and closing my map multiple times to look at the situation. On the last time I opened my map in this current example, I simultaneously unstealthed. I ended up getting DK gripped and killed due to this. Similarly to the first bug example, I recorded this case with Shadowplay and I went through the clip a few times to see if there was something that caused me to drop from Stealth. I didn't take any damage, I didn't get hit by any kind of a spell and I didn't hit any of my keybinds by accident either. The stealth just decided to not work anymore. The second bug isn't that big of a deal most of the time. It's a bit annoying that I sometimes randomly die because of it but it's maybe once every 5-10 Battlegrounds that it happens. But the first bug there is REALLY annoying because it severely hinders me as a Rogue. I'm constantly being screwed over by it :(Babycakes10 19 Jul
19 Jul T20 4-Set Bonus - Assassination Good Morning, Please could someone explain to me if the T20 set bonus is good for assassination rogue? I'm not understanding why I need Garrote on a shorter cool down? I thought we only use this when it drops off our target?Rehn2 19 Jul
18 Jul Assasin Rogue I love play assasin rogue, but latelly its not so good. Would be nice to make assasin so good as Subtlety.... i dont have fun playing Sub rogue. In fact all specs should be balance in all class's... Reguards QuinasQuinaspt4 18 Jul
18 Jul Enegry management? In Most of times i end up waiting for 3-5 secs to use 1 skill and then again wait onther secs to use again 1 skill.. Is this normal or it will change with better gear etc?Senpåi2 18 Jul
16 Jul Low Subtlety Damage (need help) I've run only normal ToS and my dps is almost always the last on the list...I have no clue what im doing wrong.My rotation: maintain NB on max points,shadowstrike whenever available(shadowdance) and spend points on eviscerate (whenever death from above is on cooldown).pretty much what we all do.i get like 400k-500k dps on bosses.I dont know why I suck so much.is it a rotation problem? All the help I could get from full rotation advice or anything else would be really appreciated! https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/eyeviEyevi5 16 Jul
16 Jul Challenge artifact appearances Thank you blizzard, for making the !@#$tiest / ugliest challenge appearance for rogues. Mostly subtlety. I cant even be bothered to do the challenges with the reward being iceshear. So thanks rogue developers, for all your effort in making this trash of a dagger. Fangs of devourer look better in any other form or tmog. Keep it up.Spañky3 16 Jul
16 Jul honest question you guys(sub), are you really enjoying legion pvp that much rn?Selephius2 16 Jul
16 Jul "The Unseen Blade" - Artifact quest problem. Hey guy's. Today I wanted to do my last artifact blade. So i taked the quest for assasination, and everything was alright. But, when I get the quest in Stormwind, I can't use the Smoke Bomb at Stage 3! I tried to change the spec, do a rerun, and do a rerun with a another spec. Or I waited for ending the dialoge between the NPC. But it won't work. Someone other ideas?Broxs0 16 Jul
15 Jul Shadow satyr's walk vs Soul of the shadowblade Hi all, got my 4th legendary: Shadow satyr's walk yesterday. I am equipping Denial of the half-Giants and soul of the shadowblade at the moment. Since the recent changes to shadowstrike, do you think it's better to swap soul of the shadowblade for Satyr's walk? I am thinking not, because the equip bonus isn't that great anymore, however the main stats are pretty good. On the other hand I kind of like the extra Vigor talent. What do you guys think? ThanksRonelu7 15 Jul
14 Jul Goremaw's Bite quad-hitting Or as i like to call it, grandma's bite. How is it that grandma's bite is able to hit the same target 4 times? I see mine often hitting for 2/3/4x the tooltip damage number, in pvp. So its hitting in total over 2 million. Explanations? I dont use the Weaponmaster talent.Túrbø1 14 Jul
14 Jul After 10 years in wow - time to Rogue? Hi Guys, So thinking about playing the only class i never played before. Sub' rogue concept looks very nice Got this rogue (90 - boosted) and i could use some information. How are we at 110: pve/pvp and ofcourse fun factor (i know its personal, but i would like to hear your own thoughs). Can we go toe to toe with any class? most classes? which classes couter us? How bad are Sub rogues after the opener is over (dance and all stealth buffs)? I know its early to judge, but at my lvl i get energy starved alot, like every opener i watch my self looking at my energy waiting for the next (weak) backstab. Things get better at 110 with Artifact? Thank you!Tayara8 14 Jul
13 Jul Soul of the Shadowblade is a good legendary? Soul of the Shadowblade compare to other legendary such as shoulder, bracer cloak... which one is better? still a noob on rouge.. for sub rougeMègazia11 13 Jul
13 Jul Subtlety Rogue 7.2.5 PvP videos , need ur opinion. So its casual channel for myself , can u give advices for "grandpa" which programms to use for video making , cut scenes - effects etc . Also maybe u like my Bgs videos :) I want to know ur opinion what u want to see . I play rogue since 2005 , so i can make some interesting content for young generation of rogue lovers and with pleasure share my skill ! On " casual language " . www.youtube.com/channel/UCEr2jNSBWfoZeUMlNBqlSwAGgnòóbs0 13 Jul
13 Jul Can't get empowered artifact for sin rogue I have completed the empowered artifact quests for both Subtlety and Outlaw Rogue, but i cannot seem to get the quest for my assassination rogue. Any suggestions as to why?Seanboyo0 13 Jul