Shaman

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
23 Oct Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx500 23 Oct
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
5d Synapse Shock (ENHANCE PVP) So most enhance players go with the Natural Harmony traits which gives 100+- haste, mastery, crit but how would Synapse Shock do compared? With 385 1 piece gives 210 agility. Lasts for 15 sec so should be able to keep it up for the most part. Thoughts?Scyzah0 5d
5d When do you use your Fire elemental? Hey guys, so my Shaman his 120 last week and got him raid level last night. Have been running heroics, done my first raid and the time dungeons for the quest and i never know when to use my elemental other than boss, seems such a waste to take him out for trash mobs. I am elemental which i really enjoy playing even if the DPS is a bit low like everyone else but when should i be using him?Muldwych2 5d
5d Shamans: Solo Content and Levelling So with the advent of 8.1 on the horizon, I am thinking about potentially making a Zandalari Shaman for RP and PvP (Most probably as Resto in arenas). I am wondering how shamans do in Solo Content/Levelling. I'm generally used to really tanky specs (Prot Warrior, BM Monk, Afflock, Disc Priest) and those are -generally- the ones I enjoy most, but I do really like the flavour of the Shaman class. So I am wondering how Shamans generally do in WQ/Solo Content and levelling. Are they survivable in taking on quest rares and the like alone, or am I better sticking to my Disc Priest? Edit: I suppose I'm asking about passive self-healing and self-sustain.Salindrae0 5d
5d last patch notes (R.I.P) are real ??? x_XBailofwz5 5d
5d State of Ele shaman (pvp) So playing my ele shaman i am having tons of fun with the playstyle, kiting, having nice utility (lasso stun, tremor, wolf form spec 110% minimum speed, instant procs and what not) What i do not understand is why blizzard was thinking they need to wait for a rework in 8.1, when all they needed to do is buff the dmg of ele overall (apart from earthshock which can crit 60-80k, with trait stacking ofc.) lightning bolt- 3.5k non crit- 6k crit. lava burst - 6-8k crit, earthshock non crit 26-29k (with 3 trait stacking) Elemental blast (talent) 4-6k Icefury(talent) 4-6k, empowered frost shock 4-9k normal frost shock 2-4k. all im saying is a flat 10-15% dmg increase on most abilities, excluding earth shock, can make this class from pretty much the worst hardcaster to somewhat able to dish enough dmg to not be an earthshock 1 shot rng trick. If 10-15% dmg is too much of a buff, reduce earthshock dmg by 10-15% as well, but to compensate increase maelstrom generation by 30% on each ability, or maybe more, 30% would only add 3 maelstrom per lavaburst so we are not talking huge gains.. To sum my point, ele gameplay is fine. it is not the best but its not as bad as it seems, the issue is the number tuning. i played all the casters in this xpac so far and it is by far the most the worst in terms of how hard you have to try and how much reward u gain by the efford. How can blizz ignore such a simple fix and say that they need to wait for a big patch to do a rework. why not meanwhile try to balance the playing field? just aknowledge something is broken and then let it wait when even blizzard knows its bad.. give me 10-15% dmg buff and im happy to not even have a rework. obviously im not saying no to it. but just give us something in the meanwhile!Brylez1 5d
6d Kul Tiran shamans? I have some concerns… Disclaimer: I need training in consistent writing formulas. After the announcement from Blizzcon saying Kul Tiran humans will be able to play as shamans I was massively confused and with a hype I did not grasp. So, looking into my playtime surrounding the alliance storyline I have come up with some points and counterpoints as to how I see the question of: “Why can Kul Tiran Humans be shamans?” Tide sages. Sea priests birthed from the first Lord Stormsong how heard the whispers of an unknow entity now known as Tide mother guiding the Stormsongs to the lands we now know as Kultiras. Its thru her whispers the Tidesages became what we know today, regardless if it was Azshara, a Faceless one, a Water elemental or Nezoth himself. Their role in Kultiras is the equivalent of any priest from the main lands except for the source of the beliefs (being the sea) and their direct activity in any sea related venture. I have a link here to get more details I might skip of ignorantly dismiss. But what do we see Tidesage as in-game? A priest/mage hybrid with water magic with knowledge in binding elements thru their use of “totems”, the capability to “bless” ships and making use of rune magic directly or bound to scrolls. Here is a main problem I have with the tidesages as shamans, they are more akin to dark shamans than any other race-class combination I have compared with. They bind and control, take and remove. They have a hierarchy in their society transferred to the practices of the tidesages that causes the relation to this elemental source to be respectful but more tool then partner. A shaman gets its power thru the relation with “individual” elements thru trade and bargaining as the goblins mainly do. Thru faith and companionship in/with the elements as the tauren, orcs and dwarfs (wild hammer) do. Can also be from enslavement from a specific elemental like the dark iron dwarfs as we recently got in BFA. Other origins to shamanism in World of Warcraft can be an elementals act of kindness introduce the practice thru desperate individuals or races (Draenei). Lore wise a shaman is powerless without the connection with their elementals (look up doronsmovies for a quick rundown). This we see after Thralls dishonorable and disgraceful use of the elements fighting Garrosh back in WoD, this effect was seen in the shaman order hall campaign as he lost a lot of his power as if unplugged and why he left to ask why his “friends” aren’t happy (not knowing what he did wrong, + the Doomhammer was misused in a sacred orc combat ritual). However, this can’t be well applied on our playable avatar (for hopefully obvious gameplay reasons) but is important for the characters in WoW to build the world consistency to keep the believability of this made up world. It’s at this point Kul Tiran Shamans makes a big miss in my eyes. They don’t conform to the already existing “rules” and no, I am not pointing to the already void consumed tidesages we see in Shrine of storm but any untouched tidesage like Allen (however curious I get surrounding the voids-ish connection to tidemother). It also cracks when the look of any gear kul tiran shaman will be using as bones, hides and other animal parts. As they can’t use any of the tidesage cloth armor that the tidesages use (no kul tiran can as they can’t play as any cloth class…). And any mail we see in kul tiras is a clean-cut guard outfit using sword or spears. There are many more points I would like to bring up, but I fear id either nitpick or go into a redundant path of thinking. Like the relation with the earthen ring might be an issue and that the sages basically use all abilities of a naga or hydromancers but maybe in future post. Kul tiran human’s relation with orcs as shamanism is sort of a central concept to truly understand them. You have a specific point of discussion? Bring it up! We might get to talk about it! There are however two things I find to be a proper addition to Kul Tiran Humans INSTEAD of shamans and that’s Priest and Mage (an argument can be made for warlocks). Not just to mention the class fantasy to be a frost mage akin to Jaina controlling your water elemental sporting the tidesages wardrobe. Or wielding the shadow/void as the teachings of the tidemothers new corrupted whispers and my favorite that I might even enjoy holy priest however trading the more “holy” look towards a watery appearance as the resto shaman have (let’s not forget holy magic is derived primarily from faith, source is almost irrelevant). This in my mind conforms more towards what the tidesages represent within the Kul Tiran society and how the player base can aim to roleplay as one. However, there is hope for them to play shamans in the future. I don’t think they are there yet but in the start of the next expansion or the end of bfa I see it as a possibility with an immediate interaction with the shaman of the alliance to curve the tidesages in a more reasonable path towards shamanism as it’s just an odd priesthood with dedicated scholars. Well this was my first post on the wow forums I hope I was not to incoherent in my writing and reasoning as I was trying to be short in my writing is a short laugh. But I am writing about human shamans…… as if tauren paladins and voidelfs was not hard to believe already… From a player who likes shamans… a lot.Thunderage2 6d
6d Still no new model for Ghost Wolf? Everytime I press my key binding and transform into the current version of the Ghost Wolf it feels like the model is so out of place. I was really hoping to see a new model for it coming in the next few patches but it's not even on the horizon for 8.2 it seems. Kinda disappointed when you add that on top of the lackluster class that shaman is right now.Nilutsu6 6d
6d Just really sad about Enhancement. Got nearly one month of playtime now, but not gonna extend it. Will go play some Planetside 2, Battle Brothers and Guild Wars. Will check shamans in next xp. Bye boios.Nobal0 6d
6d The state of Enchantment in PvP? Hi! I'm getting bored with WoW and therefore thinking about reroling to an Enchantment shaman for mainly 2vs2 and sometime some 3vs3. Is this spec fun to play in pvp? Is this spec competitive in 2vs2, 3vs3? Is 8.1 going to make it worse or better? Thank you in advance for giving your opinion!Tranquility4 6d
6d Always at the bottom Hi all, I am finding it a struggle to play as it's starting to feel very depressing, i only do mythic+ dungeons as i ain't got the time for raids due to kids etc etc. I am quite fortunate though that the runs i do are with guilde's, i would not dare to pug on my own due to my Dps. For instance, 340 DH done 14mil, 338 Rogue done 12+mil and me 367 done 12+mil. Now i know i ain't the best player in the world, i am far from it....hey even my guild note i have put "367 and Still SH%T" Is it my stats? Is it my rotation? Is it both, or is it (more than likely is) and i just rubbish. p.s Don't think the beers help but hey ho, beers come before Dps. JayJaylee5 6d
6d Rate the transmog above Last thread reached its cap - so new thread because I think I just won the mog game ;DCallìopee382 6d
14 Nov What spec do you play and why? So currently the spec I play and why are as follows: PVE - Healer - Why? Faster Q times and im good at it PVP - Healer - Why? Again, faster Q times and im good at it World PVE - ENH - I only play enh because it seems to be the only spec that can kill and handle multiple mobs without dying. I badly want to play ele and gear it for pvp too but it seems sooo bad. What are your thoughts on 8.1? Thoughts on PVP for Ele? Im really wanting to play ele for pvp.... but dont want to gear up just to hate it later. Id love to hear from the community.Jama8 14 Nov
13 Nov The worst possible timing to buy a glyph Today I logged on to this Shaman and won the auction for the glyph that makes your Chain Heal look watery. Before I activated the glyph I tried out chain heal to see the difference before and after and Chain Heal already was watery, not green like before. Turns out they changed the animation today and made this glyph useless and I spent gold for nothing...Balfur5 13 Nov
13 Nov How to get the 'holy' appearance on the new chain heal? Hey folks, Well the title pretty much says it all. I've always prefered the holy chain heal to the newer watery one, but with 7.3, seems like they made the default appearance watery. Is there a way to modify it? I've tried the Deluge Glyph, thinking it might work backwards but it doesn't. I also know Blizz did make a holy version of the new animation since until quite recently it was the default appearance on the PTR. So any ideas? CheersKralk8 13 Nov
13 Nov Chain heal glyph?? Hey so the new chain heal animation is ok.. i guess but now the deluge glyph doesnt do anything... yet its still in the game.. maybe change the glyph so u can have that cool wc3 look u originally made on ptr? Cuz for now the glyph has no use it doesnt change the spell animation a single bit..Tuljan2 13 Nov
13 Nov Give us access to new chain heal holy appearance It's all in the title really: the animation work has already been done. We saw it on the PTR, this new holy chain heal looks awesome so why not give players the option to use it?Kralk32 13 Nov
13 Nov Enhancement Shaman changes in PTR Guys, guess Blizz's here with some love for you. Actually alot of love. https://www.wowhead.com/news=288548/upcoming-changes-to-enhancement-shamans-on-ptrDrekhan28 13 Nov
13 Nov Use of shield vs staff Amongst the (deserved) anger at the "rework" (aka hotfix) of Enhancement, I have an actual question. Do I care for shield in the current raid tier? I have a 370 weapon and shield combo with sub-par stats or a 370 staff with good stats. Is there any source of ongoing physical damage that would steer me to use a shield? I heal so unless something goes really wrong I dont have physical aggro.Debellatio3 13 Nov
13 Nov Short Resto Shaman Story +11 Waycrest Manor -Party health getting low- Tank: Dude, you may need to cleanse these dots. Me: I can't cleanse them! Dps: Shaman can't cleanse poisons... Tank: Oh... No, wait. These are diseases! Dps: Oh yeah! Cleanse them lol Me: I can't cleanse diseases. Dps: What can you do then!? -We were all on Discord and everyone laughed after that reply, including me, because thats all i can do... Is laugh...-Artsu1 13 Nov
13 Nov piss off cant get even intro 15 anymore beyond cant even get groups sey shaman !@#$ depress rep worse worse give up no point this %^-* all why cant do dmg like a frost mage or a rogeu any oter class not only thet abiltys slow stun all oter class cen do it better even for mythic progress piss me so off also oter player i dont like how u treat our class not our fault sorry bit salty also dont get butt hurt whit this start it insult to our class general sorry complain here but i dont know else i cen do i want push high end stuff this not good !@#$ %^-* !@#$ %^-* sorry if english bit bad not netive relly hard for me typ english so pls dont be rudeKangss0 13 Nov
13 Nov Investing in a class Lately i been depressed because i dont find my priest fun anymore. I rerolled from hunter because the pet !@#$ing driven me mad even in surv. spec! Playing priest is ok, as holly untill you start going solo without guild, and your brain blows up on the supermegaretarded %^-*!@#s that cant get trough a m0 in 350. Same goes for even $%^-ing hc-s. And when ppl dont want you as shadow dps with 349 in m2 its sort of sad because you just made m4 and m5 with guild without even an effort. So i decided to reroll to a *!@#ing character that has a better rep, but is still fun. Did try rogue upto 115, but was really boring, then i gave a shot to Warrior (played prot for 8 years), and arms was fun, but after tanking 5-6 instance i started hating it again. I could not even level dk above 57 because it was so boring to level another character. So i came back to my Shaman, wondering if its worth to invest into, or i am going to be $%^-ed again without a stable team to run with? I wanted to go Enha originally, and PvP a bit, but Random bg-s are 99% loss on my server group and are a nightmare to play, arena needs like a 2 month training to get good at again , M+ . . . dunno not there yet. The rotations look ok, not as boring as some other classes, but not to interesting tho. Lots of utlilty...but most of the are actually the same or useless or way to situational....then again, what else to play? I really want to play a class with viable dps spec and a healer offspec. So i considered monk, and even have an 120 one, but the dps spec is clearly 1 trick pony, and is going to be nerfed, same goes for the tank spec, so i am wondering if its worth to invest into, it might be in every mythic 15 + teams, but not sure it will stay like that, unless its just be reputation. Wondered about pally, but i have absolutel no clue how the Retry spec is right now and if people want them in M+ or not, also feels a bit boring? Even looks a bit boring, and mobility sux, those are for sure. Have a druid in 349 and balance is ok, but superboring, and hate boomkin form(or glitter*!@#ter), Didnt try resto, but feral feels clunky as $%^- so far....and no transmog makes me feel *!@#....even more $%^- then the fact there are like 7 druids in the guild with me all in better gear anyway. Any suggestion what to invest in the near future? 8.1 sounds good for most classes, but to me it does not feel to drastic, everything might just stay the same.Caith0 13 Nov
13 Nov Kul Tiran Shaman Theme Hello everyone, When Bizzard announced that the Kul Tirans will be shamans i immidietly decided to play one when they come. Then something come to my mind. What will be the theme of Kul Tiran Shamans? I know there are tidesages in stormsong with heavy use of water magic like restoration shaman. However shamas use all elements not just water so what if we could get Drust and wicker themed Shamans. Like Wicker Totems and wicker beast instead of normal Wolf Form. Maby just a glyph would be nice to support this theme. I would prefer Wicker/Drust theme over Tidesages What do you think guys?Garthray1 13 Nov
13 Nov ENH Talent feedback Since we have 435223 threads about enhance, figured it would be better to have a thread dedicated to talent feedback. Let's try to keep it simple and to the point to have the greatest chance for our feedback to be taken seriously. What this THREAD IS: a place to discuss ideas, problems, feel and execution of enh talents. A small discussion about general rotation and issues of the spec is ok if it is linked to talents. What this THREAD IS NOT: I believe it would be a waste of everyone's time to have another thread for how great WOTLK/MOP/WOD enh was, since blizzard made sure that is not considering a return to that playstyle. So the main point is to keep constructive feedback and criticism on how to improve what we have, aswell as pointing flaws in the design. So let me start by giving my ideas. Boulderfist renamed to Earth Flurry: After using Rockbiter, your attack speed is increased by 30% for the next 3 auto attacks. This might be familiar to some, and its main focus is to change the boring way boulderfist impacted the rotation (or did not). It has the advantage of not frontloading the MS generation, and adding a small mechanic that you can keep track and not clip. Lightning Shield: Switched places with Forceful Winds. I feel that having this talent in this place is against the design when it does not impact maelstrom generation. I would suggest switching it with Forceful Winds (since that is a MS generation talent). Crashing Storms: 3 seconds (reduced by haste) after you cast Crash Lightning, you cast a second Crash Lightning for 30% of the original damage on the same spot. Instead of having a dot, having something that feeds off cleave scenarios and actually synergises with the increased damage on stormstrike feels way better. Sundering: Damage reduced by 25% , cool down reduced to 30 seconds. Now also increase nature and physical damage taken by the shaman by 20% for 10 seconds. Allways felt like Earthen Spike and sundering where too close thematically and could work as the same ability. This makes it stronger for adds that need to be burned down fast or even single target. Brewing Storm: replaces Earthen Spike. When you have 70 or more maelstrom, your Stormbringer does not reduces the cost of Storm Strike, instead it causes it to deal Stormstrike damage (physical damage that scales with mastery). This is an attempt to fix one of our problems of overcapping MS during stormbringer proc chains and feed that into extra damage, without impacting our moments of low MS generation. The above talent could also work as an ability since it does not impact Ascedance (the damage to nature instead of stormstrike damage during ascedance). Those were from me, but please, give your own ideas, propose talents that need to swap or even be removed and synergies that you want to see improved.Razgard3 13 Nov
13 Nov One PvP Change? If they removed CD on Flame Shock, seems would fix a lot, yes? No?Zexvzil2 13 Nov
13 Nov Playing as enhancement in BGS Am i the olby one who feels like im made of paper in BGs? I can't be in a single 1v1 fight without having my damage and healing splitted 50/50. And I wont even mention beeing targeted by multiple enemies. Once the BG is over, I always see myself in middle of damage done, and my healing is always more or less the same as my damage done. I see alot of other melees having either strong defensive CDs, or multiple ways of either fast healing themself or escape tools. Im always playing with Swelling Waves for the extra heal. Any tips on how to be more offensive and actually enjoy battlegrounds?Haxxyolo2 13 Nov
13 Nov How would you redesign enh shaman? Rockbiter: 20yd Range Instant 4 sec cooldown Assult your target with earthen power, dealing (0% of AP) nature damage and increases your next physical damage done by %10 Generates 10 Maelstrom. Lava Lash: Melee Range Instant 8 sec recharge time 2 charges Charges your off-hand weapon with lava and burns your target, dealing (0% of AP) Fire damage. Generates 15 Maelstrom. Stormstrike: 5yd Range Instant Energizes both your weapons with lightning and delivers a massive blow to your target, dealing (0% of AP) physical damage with main hand and (0% of AP) nature damage with off-hand and causes windfury. Cost 80 Maelstrom. Windfury: Passive Increases your haste by %20 for 3 sec and your main hand attack trigger 2 extra attack, dealing (0% of AP) physical damage after using stormstrike. (btw only the first hit will trigger 2 extra attack after stormstrike :) Windfury: ( another idea ) Passive When you reach 50 maelstrom, increases your haste by %10 and your main hand attacks starts trigger extra attacks, dealing (0% of AP) physical damage. ( Stormstrike will not trigger windfury in this case...this will be like a small wind before storm and you know it make sense :P Crash Lightning: Instant Electrocutes all enemies within 8 yard , dealing (0% of AP) nature damage. Each target hit by Crash Lightning increases the damage of your next Stormstrike by 10%. Generates 5 Maelstrom, plus addition 5 pet target hit. Maximum 40 maelstrom. Frostbrand: Instant Enhances your weapons for 15 sec, causing your attacks to apply Frostbrand and reducing the target's movement speed by 40% (Only hailstorm talent will add damage) Feral Spirit: 30 yd range Instant 2 min cooldown Summon ONE spirit wolf that aid you in combat for 15 sec. Grants 10 maelstrom each time it attacks. Maelstrom Weapon: Passive Your auto attacks and Windfury attacks generate 2 Maelstrom. Mastery: Enhanced Elements increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage you deal by 0%. TALENTS: Level 15 talent (replaces Hot Hand) Stormbringer: Your stormstike have chance to make your next stormstrike cost no maelstrom and deal %20 increased damage. Approximately 2.5 procs per minute Level 45 talent (replaces Earth Shield) Earth Pillar: Instant 2 min cooldown Encases you in an unpassable block of earth pillar, protecting you from all attacks and damage for 5 sec, but during that time you cannot attack, move, or cast spells. ( This is basicly same as iceblock but adds new mechanic to the game. Party or Raid members behind the pillar will be line of sight and will be usefull in some combats like 3rd boss of siege of boralus or casting adds who stands in sanguine ) Level 100 talent (replaces Elemental Spirits) LONGER COMBATS Feral Spirits: 30 yd range Instant 2 min cooldown Summon two spirit wolves that aid you in combat for 15 sec. Doubles the maelstrom generation each time they attack. ( This will make stormstrike chains in more fashionable way ) Level 100 talent (replaces Ascendance) BURST Overload: Instant 1 min cooldown Instantly generates 100 Maelstrom. Does not trigger windfury for next stormstrike. Level 100 talent (replaces Earthen Spike) AOE Crumbling Earth: Instant 20 sec cooldown Shakes the earth all enemies within 8yd Physical and Nature damage you deal to the targets by 20% for 10 sec I am not sure about level 30 and 60 talents. Infact theres nothing come to my mind but they have to be complete redesign for this mechanic but other talents will be the same. If you have better ideas please share.Sorp0 13 Nov
13 Nov Enhancement or Elemental In your opinion which is the most viable to level 1-120? Meaning which will make the long slog as enjoyable and as 'pain-free' as possible?Chequered3 13 Nov
13 Nov Elemantal PvE 8.1 Hello, That whole "rework" change ele shaman in next (8.1) patch better than now ? Im lvling shaman, but im not sure that he will be more competetive ? I want play some range dps , I was thinking about BM hunter if not ele.Elepololoco5 13 Nov
12 Nov Stormstrike/lava lash does not work with daggers I saw similar topics at US forum, but cannot find such at EU. Dear Blizzard, are you serious? Do you really hate shamans so dead? Despite passive skill to wear daggers, Stormstrike and lava lash doesn't work with them and it isn't showed anywhere! Current skill description says that these strikes require one-handed weapon, but it's not even clear (... - what weapons exactly?) Moreover, at early screenshots of Stormstrike description I saw it requires one-handed axes, fists, blunt or... one-handed sword! Instead of dagger. Are you kidding? Shamans cannot wear swords basically. So, I'm very disappointed. You've done all to kill enhancement and you've succeeded. Daggers bug is the last drop. Please initiate fixing of this: allow Stormstrike and lava lash to work with daggers, or ban daggers for shams whatsoever, or at least make correct description. Thanks.Фулгримар11 12 Nov
12 Nov Enhance my thoughts Since the beginning of legion enhancemant shaman gameplay is completly garbage. They changed the beautiful and clean playstyle we enjoyed. Replacing the maelstrom stack mechanic and prioritylist of Stormstrike, Lavalash, Shocks, Unleashed Elements and so on and instead put this stupid "press as many stormstrikes as you can" forget lavalash and shocks?.. mechanic into the game. I dont even wanna talk about this rockbiter garbage. It feels like that those people at blizzard who work on enhance never played the specc before otherwise they would not change whats already worked perfect. And player who say that enhance isnt so bad since the legion rework.. please shut up you have no idea. So what should blizzard change? First of all remove the build up maelstrom mechanic with rockbiter Set Stormstrike and Lavalash to a cooldown and make it free when available. Replace maelstromresource with something like paladin holy power or let it stack like pre legion. Give us our damn shockspells back aswell as unleashed elements and let us use our maelstrom stacks to fire powerful lightning bolds! Make tremor totem useable while feared! To make the specc more needed give us some offensiv and defensiv totems for example a totem that increases an x amount of stats for lets say 10 seconds to our party or let them deal extra damage for couple seconds! And REMOVE Bloodlust / Heroism from mages and hunter and make it shaman only! Blizzard is so out of touch with this specc it almost cant get any worse than now. There is so much that would make this specc fun and usefull to play but instead bfa enhance is all blizzard can put out of there brains. I had hope when they said that shaman isnt finished when bfa comes out but when they said they only have plans to change ele in 8.1 my disappointment was out of this world. I feel so sorry for those people who never had the chance to enjoy the beauty of this specc and the fun it gave to me until the end of wod. So thats my opinion to the current state of enhance i just wanted to write down my thoughts. Maybe someone out there has the same opinion as me. greets.Rebolo4 12 Nov
12 Nov ENH Shaman PTR Changes Well, those months designing and taking community feedback really paid off with those magnificent changes. /sarcasm off I am really astonished, just when i though that the worst thing that would happen is that we receive no changes in 8.1, the developers exceeded my expectations yet again. Instead of actually reading some of the feedback and trying to fix the spec as a whole, we get some talent tuning changes that we could have received back in beta. As a bonus, we also destroy a talent (LS) that outperformed by removing the only impact it had on the rotation and making it 100% passive. To be fair and scale up the negativity a bit, it is true, the single talent build and useless talents were a problem of the spec but instead of number tuning, was there nothing else the developers could do? 3 Months into the expansion and after all that time, are some mechanic changes on passive and uninteresting talents too much to ask? Instead of buffing the damage of boulder fist and refusing cool down, maybe just give it a buff to reduce the maelstrom cost of our abilities for 4 seconds by a small amount. Forceful winds too passive of a talent? change it to something that increases our chance to get stormbringer for every attack that does not proc it. All the lvl 90 talents are aoe talents that do the same thing, atleast make them interesting, instead of buffing crashing storm's boring damage, make its dot also add stacks of increased stormstrike damage. All the above are just ideas, but they still are more interesting that a straight 40% damage increase of a passive damage talent. And more importantly, increase our maelstrom cap and make stormbringer only reduce the cost of stormstrike by 50%. Its really sad to have a resource that we do not care for it, cannot pool it, and the correct way to use it when we get proc is ignore it and overcap it. Please, after all this time putting just talent tuning changes is a disservice to your own image. You could have made those changes 3 and 4 months ago, but decided to wait until 8.1 for game play changes and rotational feel/complexity. And if it is so difficult taking feedback and applying to your design, you can take an example form those warrior class designers (with some very good spec transitions, and even better on point changes in 8.1).Razgard2 12 Nov
12 Nov Shaman flight form? How about giving shamans a new form, similar to the ghost wolf with the same limitations (perhaps with added reagents) that allow them to call forth the spirit of air to aid them in flight? I've seen multiple NPC shamans using a twister or tornado to lift them off the ground. This could be a nice skill for playable shamans to have. Who agrees?Skarzug73 12 Nov
11 Nov Is it worth to make shaman? Yo. Im really close to make Dark Iron Dwarf and im wondering is it worth to make shaman? I want to play him as enhancement. Sometimes to heal a little bit too. Everyone is whining about shaman class. is it really that bad or he can handle late game, pvp and pve? or should i just go ret pala?Viliar17 11 Nov
10 Nov Earth elemental arena Has anyone tried stacking its azerite traits and used it in arena?Jeandenix2 10 Nov
10 Nov Kul tiran shamans announced.. Right after I finally finished the rep grind to unlock dark iron dwarves and started leveling one. Damn you blizzard.Tërifh8 10 Nov
10 Nov Rate shaman name above Rate name aboveGimbloid159 10 Nov
10 Nov Race change to Kul Tiran? I'm really torn about going for it in 8.1.5 and race changing my female draenei shammy to a kul tiran (not sure if male or female though). Anyone else unable to decide and got some thoughts on this?Dragneel4 10 Nov
09 Nov Control Lava Bug Hi, Just speced into Control of Lava, and while I get the Lava Surge animation and buff, Lava Burst is NOT instant cast. Is this a known bug?Stormio9 09 Nov
09 Nov Ele Suggestions -More Fun -Increase duration of Frost Shock from 6sec to 8sec -Reduce Chain Lightning cast time by 0.5sec and adjust damage accordingly -Increase Lava Surge duration by 100% -Allow out of combat Maelstorm generation and adjust damage accordingly -Allow Lightning Bolt casting while moving just for ele -Increase ALL ability range by +10yd -just for ele- for every ability lower than 40yd -Remove CD on Hex -Remove CD on Earthbind Totem -Reduce Capacitor Totem CD from 1min to 45sec and increase stun duration from 3sec to 6secZexvzil6 09 Nov
08 Nov You think enhancement is bad? I only heard bad stuff about shaman DPS specs but I quite enjoy enhancement (crash lightning is absolutely amazing AoE, that spell effect, that thunder!). It was not really that I had fun when I started but I could see what it will become once I level it up. The thing is you all don't know how good you have it. You think spec as a whole is bad? Imagine not having essential stuff like Malestrom Weapon till level 40. It was dreadful! But I saw that passive in my skill book and persevered. Compared to lvl 20-40 it feels SO fluid when I got it and it will only get better at lvl 48 when I'll get stormbringer with chance of free stormspike + there is several other skills/talents I'm looking forward to. I bet going into BFA with your max lvl character that lost artifact weapon had to feel pretty bad but again for me its exact opposite experience. Felt exactly like this when I was leveling up my Worgen hunter as well. Having to play your class without so many essentials makes you appreciate it much more when you start getting them. With this said HOT DAMN! Maelstrom weapon should be lvl 10 passive you get when you choose spec. You really have no idea how SLOW it felt without it. You need to use both charges of Rockbitter to cast single stormspike cause its only way to generate maelstorm at low lvls.Golmuff10 08 Nov
08 Nov AAAAAAAAAND another nerf. Static Cling After you use Stormstrike twice in a row on an enemy you create a coil of lightning binding you to the target, increasing the damage the target receives from your attacks by 15% and increases your movement speed by 15% while the cling holds. If the target moves further than 15 yards from you, the cling will break. RemovedNobal3 08 Nov
08 Nov ............... nevermindMadhermit3 08 Nov
08 Nov Racial Shamans? (Or arena only?) Chieftains, Shadow Hunters (Voodoo), Orc Element shamans etc? Instead of trying to imitate poorly some sort of mages, rogues or druidic priests why not having racial shamanism as it is in the lore of warcraft? Or should these kind of beta magnets be arena only (until popularity contest has won them over?) Cheers, - BBagntag0 08 Nov
07 Nov Please change enhance enhance is need change please blizz. maybe wod or mopBailofwz5 07 Nov
07 Nov Exposed Elements/High Voltage Build Hi Guys, I've seen a few mentions of a different talent build which works around EE and HV and was just wondering if anyone had any more information on it? What is the standard build: What would the preferred stats be: What is the standard rotation: Cheers in advance!Baldrick6 07 Nov
07 Nov Ele .. How 2 Against Melee? As ele how would one create space against the likes of DK/Warrior/ect? CD's don't align and they can burst like a raid boss ... Also, they self heal so well and much easier than ele can ..Zexvzil4 07 Nov
06 Nov Anyone got enh tips in bgs? Feel like i do no dmg and find it hard to connect? Is it a l2p issue, I mean I do good dmg in dungeons and questin. I have a lvl 92 shaman alliance as well with same problem and seem to struggle with enh. Also what honor talents would be best to go with?Butterbean2 06 Nov