Shaman

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
14h Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx485 14h
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
2h Shaman Healer I was bored from the game and decided to finish the leveling of my shaman. I first went elem because I’m a caster player and then it bored me even more... No idea why I tried healer, I hated it on my Druid. This is incredibly fun. I hope they do not changed it too much in BFA I just love it. Yup just a random positivity thread!Tchot0 2h
8h Rate the transmog above Last thread reached its cap - so new thread because I think I just won the mog game ;DCallìopee234 8h
9h [ele] Earth shock and 117 maelstrom Noob question incoming.. I have rebooted my elemental shaman which I haven't played since 7.1.5 and not played at high level since MoP. Icy Veins tells me I have to use earth shock at 117+ maelstrom. From Icy Veins' recommended rotation list (ascendance build): 5. Cast Earth Shock Icon Earth Shock if Maelstrom is 117 or greater, regardless of whether Ascendance Icon Ascendance is active or not. Prolly a dumb question. But as far as I can see maelstrom max is 100. I have looked around how to raise the maelstrom bar to 125 or 150, but cant find anything. What have I missed?Multiproc10 9h
9h Shaman PETS It would be cool if the Shaman caster could summon a pet of every element, like Fire - Fast, Low Dmg Air - Medium speed, Medium Dmg Earth - Slow, Hight Dmg Water - Healing A healing pet would be something inovative, eh?Engcore1 9h
20h Is Heal Shaman Hard to play for new Healers? Is Heal Shaman Hard to play for new Healers?Shiinex8 20h
21h Shaman Tanks and why we should have them 1. Our current specs focus on Air (enh) Fire (ele) and water ( Resto) yet earth is often neglected. 2. Our entire order is called the earthern ring yet no one focuses on the earthern element 3. Our Dps specs are practical glass cannons for the most part where enh used to be a semi off tank its now a hitter but a glass jaw. 4. We have a litteral tank cooldown pet yet we dont use its element at all for ourself to defend outselves its just a hide behind a minion 5. Paladins which are the alliances equivalent get all 3 roles while we dont (yes I understand pallys dont have a ranged dps spec) 6. They are the leaders of their people, their guides, what good leader leads from the rear, and come on surely some tribes focus more on protecting allies more than crushing foes 7. We used to be a fairly decent off tank and we still have some good core abilities that would make a rather fun tank such as earthern shield totem baseline to mitigate damage and things like that 8. Most tank specs are rather bland, shammys by nature are flashy as hell, come one your art team is one of the best in the industry, let them go nuts, plus you're always low on the amount of people to tank 9.If that troll in the alliance Vs horde trailer was in a tank spec rather than the glass cannons we have now he might of kicked that school boys !@# instead of getting smacked to the ground <3 10. Tanks are typically the leaders of the group, shamans are the leader of tribes, come on you know it makes sense, plus I'd love to see you guys let your hair down, even if it isnt the best tank just make it the most fun, we've stuck through a ton of bad patches where all our specs were trash and we stuck through it just because shamans are awesome!Littleblood57 21h
1d Rate shaman name above Rate name aboveGimbloid115 1d
1d Grounding for Enh and Ele Can we get it back in PvP talents and please rework Grounding and Spellreflect to ground only one spell so it will create window for more skillful plays.Isheartears0 1d
1d Gear & BiS Leges So I've been playing Restoration Shaman for awhile now and I've gotten quite abit of gear from Heroic Antorus but finding what gear is best to use out of it all within my bags is becoming a pain. It seems you can't Simulationcraft the Restoration spec as it doesn't work - Pawn doesn't help much either since my previous Sim was to an Assassination Rogue. From what I know gear stats for resto goes like: Intel > Crit > Mastery > Vers Is this right or wrong? If I go for ilvl my Crit is 33% Intellect 69K (ilvl961) Mastery 110% And if I go for more intellect and Crit, I'm looking at 43% Crit 73K intel (958ilvl) 83% Mastery Can anyone help me out which is best to go for? Also, if someone could help with a good guide since I can't simulate my gear from addons.Rínthil7 1d
3d One Shot One Kill (Alliance Quest). I have to kill 4 mobs in quick succession (furbolgs I think). Since the patch I can't complete it. Any tips? I am enh but will change if asked to, to try different tactics.Mayalla0 3d
4d Shaman as new main ? Hello guys ! I'm coming back after 2 years, and i'm looking for new Main to play in BFA. How in your opinion looks Shaman right now ? Will be good choice to maining ? Im interested only in Ele / Enh, what should i pick ? ( What spec gives more fun, and will be more usefull in pve/pvp ? ) And last - How Shammy looks in BFA ? Will get good changes ? Or not ? Cheers !Mefistofil14 4d
5d New enhance shammy rotation help? Hey everyone... ive been leveling a shammy lately im only level 40 right now but my question is does it get better later on?? i mean i looked up on icy veins for the rotation but sometimes all my stuff is on cool down so i have no choice but to auto attack.. is this normal for enhance shammy does it get better?? for example like i do rockbite for the proc,then flametongue for the proc stormstrike and lavalash only if im close to capping maelstrom.. but now everything is on CD gotta auto attack 1-3 seconds ok rockbite is off cooldown another rockbite rince and repeat maybe throw in a crash skill for the aoe for the storm and lava skills... anyways gets better stick to it? or what :( other then that i love itBahrgrim3 5d
5d New to Shaman, question about a healing totem Hello, I'm trying to learn restoration shaman but can't seem to understand how to use the healing stream totem in an efficient way because when I put it it says its suppose to spawn under my feets but it spawns like 4-5m right of me, how am I suppose to use it in dungeons?Callmelexis2 5d
6d enhancement 2h Any chance of Enhancement getting 2hander option returning in bfa?Tenebris4 6d
16 Apr Give Shamans a Tanking Specialization! Give Shamans a Tanking Specialization! I played this game from the very first day of release and i always played one class, the Shaman. I was THERE when Inner Sanctum and Nightmare Asylum was ruling Molten Core, i was THERE to fight in Tarren Mill when there was no pvp battelgrounds, i was THERE when shamans was only able to heal in raids, i was there million other times AND i must say that shamans deserve a tanking build and that's why: As an hybrid class, shamans was in the same position of druid in vanilla when it came to raids, they was ONLY able to heal cause there was only 1 viable build to pursue, but during the years Druids changed a lot and they have 4 damn builds, tank/melee/caster/healer, shamans instead struggled back and never changed in terms of roles. During Vanilla, one of the first blue set gave you "Defence" stats (when defence existed) abilitating you to offtank the first 3 bosses in MC as enhancement. The lore is perfect for the tanking role, shaman are defenders of elements, and the very first totem you was acquiring was the earth totem! Defenders you know!! Rockbiter once enhanced your weapon with flat damage and drastically increased your threath letting you overaggro everyone Shamans has a shield! Yea, and not only in vanilla! We've got Stoneclaw Totem once, that was taunting every creature allaround for a certain amount of time or until killed, the same way that monk statue works now As enhancement you was able to use a 2 hander BUT you could use a main hand and shield aswell and do TONS of damage! I personally own the video of me being second in dps with shield and dagger at Onyxia or other Molten Core bosses, in Vanilla! And last but not least, Shaman is the King of utility as everyone knows, and an utility tank seems a pretty fun and challanging build! You should give us the possibility to TANK, wear an earthen shield on ourself and mitigate damage with spells or totems. Hybrid tanking as the class demand I'm pretty sure that this idea came in mind of a lot of people, and i bet it would be very fun to play a Shaman Tank! A Shamank! Or whatever you can call it So i'm asking you, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Let's raise our voices in favour of a shaman tank? Or just mock down this crazy guy asking for it? If you got ideas or suggestion or simple agree with what i said just write a line. Simply yours, Kefa.Kefa10 16 Apr
16 Apr Heavy Avoidance Gear Today I read the Methods Guide on Top Dps in Mythical Plus, specifically I then focused on the guide for the Elemental Shaman. Link: http://www.wowhead.com/elemental-shaman-mythic-dungeon-guide I did not find anything on the Triunvirate Finger Set or about the best tank or healer trinkets to mitigate the damage. TRIUNVIRATE FINGER SET Mac'Aree Seal of Nobility + Band of the Triumvirate Set: increase Avoidance by 1000 Use this set to the detriment of other finger with better statistics, for survival, is recommended? The defensive benefit is worth the lost dps? Which are the most reliable tank or healer trinkets? Thank you,Jeroid4 16 Apr
16 Apr To Elemental or not in BFA Ive been elemental main for many years now. I had ocassionally considered enhancement, but found it looked overly complex at the time. But when I started legion with this char, I went enhancement from 100-110 after it looked considerably more user friendly in 7.3. Then switching back to Elly. I wanted to get a feel for it and could play it decently. But I abandoned it and focused on elemental. Eventually got the magetower skin, antorus on normal and hc, and all was good. Though once hearing about the BFA changes, it so far feels like they are trying to turn us into even more of a static caster than we already are - with the loss of Gust of Wind. And the 6s cd on flame shock is seriously disappointing, ive suffered through that in the past and Im not looking forward to see it again. I feel Elemental has been on a downward slope since we peaked in MoP. Lightning bolt on the move and ancestral guidance was a potent backup heal that made shamans quite desirable. So I finally got motivated to set up a basic enhancement setup with my 962 elemental gear when seeing that the Mage Tower was active, and managed to complete God Queens Fury in 8 pulls. Such a gorgeous draenei themed hammer and offhand. So much more impressive than the underwhelming fist and shield thrown to ellys. So im planning to drop elemental for enhancement in 8.0, which is when every trait on the artifacts gets disabled. But relics stays.Karrak18 16 Apr
16 Apr ALPHA BFA - BALANCE DRUID vs ELEMENTAL SHAMAN This is the situation: Starsurge (150% spell power) - (+20% damage) for next Lunar Strike and Solar Wrath Earthshock (125% spell power) Moonfire (22,5% spell power) - DoT (90% spell power in 16 sec) Sunfire (22,5% spell power) - DoT (67,5% spell power in 12 sec) to all enemies within 5 yards Flameshock (35% spell power) - DoT (157,5% spell power in 18 sec) Solar Wrath (60% spell power) Lightning Bolt (50% spell power) Lava Burst (53% spell power) - will always crit on Flame Shock targets Lunar Strike (85% spell power) and [(85% spell power) * 25/100)] to all enemies within 5 yards Chain Lightning (30% of spell power) to max 5 enemies Starfall [9* (9,25% of spell power)] for 8 sec - (+20% damage) to Moonfire and Sunfire DoT Earthquake (spell power * 0,125 * 6) for 6 sec - knocking down enemies NB: in Moonkin Form, Dudu increase the damage of all spell by 10% and armor by 125% Bear Form (Increase the armor by 220% and Stamina bt 6%) Barkskin (20% less damage for 12 sec every 1 min) - Usable while stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep. Astral Shift (40% less damage for 8 sec every 1,5 min) Regrowth (restore 120% spell power health) and [(30% spell power) * 1] health over 12 sec Healing Surge (restores 119% spell power health) in 1.5 sec cast How is it possible Earthshock does less damage than Starsurge and does not have an effect that interacts with our other spells? Why can not we use Astral Shift while we are stunned, like when we had Shamanistic Rage? While the Druid can use his self-defense CD at will! There would be much more to complain about...Jeroid11 16 Apr
15 Apr Earth/Fire Elemental macro, need help! Hello everyone. I returned to WoW after a long break and I'm creating macro's from scratch for my shaman. Now I am using the Elemental Blast talent which means I got the normal Fire/Earth Elementals.. These have seperate cooldowns and can both be summoned actively. For the sake of convenience I wanted to make a macro that would summon both of them with one press of a button. So I made this macro: #showtooltip /cast Fire Elemental /cast Earth Elemental But for some reason when I use it, It'll only summon the fire elemental, I asked around in my server but got no answers.. Anyone knows how to make this work?Hakuran2 15 Apr
14 Apr Enhancement rotation question Hey guys, Currently running Akainu without Twisting-ring. You can see my gear and spec in armory. Im running hot hand but skipping hailstorm, im simming far less dps using hailstorm with this gear. Question is, with Akainu and both buffs up, should I skip non-Stormbringer Stormtrikes altogher and instead dump all that maelstrom into Lava lashes, even without hot hand procs? Should I use non-Stormbringer Stormstrikes if earthen spike is up with this build and gear? Thankful for some replys!Grytkungen9 14 Apr
13 Apr Do you guys remember? Before this new account, i used to main an elemental shaman in my old one. I remember in Wrath of the lich king. In the beta, we could use a permanent air elemental. Then, it got removed. I remember when Bliz said this: We do not want another class with a permanent pet. And a short time later, they announced that the frost mages, which were totally overpowered and extremely popular, a permanent water elemental. Its funny because i have ADHD and i tend to forget stuffs very fast and easily, but these two things have been permanently written on my mind. Now that Blizzard actually cares about shamans after the class CM got replaced, can you please add a permanent wind elemental to follow me around please?Ghazpeshi2 13 Apr
13 Apr Dedicaded shaman https://imgur.com/a/lVnBc What else I can say? Noobs and rerollers will never understand.Demiremo6 13 Apr
11 Apr gust of wind gone in bfa! how will we survive? title says it all.Unify25 11 Apr
11 Apr Raining and chains Hello there I am leveling a rshaman and I have two questions . When and why should I use the AOE healings ( chain and raining) ? I cannot find them useful in any situation. The amount I can heal with them are very very very low. I prefer to spam my waves to everyone. Are these skills more useful in high end content (m+) or are they just decoration as the healing touch from the druid. Is this feeling change at high level? I'm level 78.Espiritual5 11 Apr
11 Apr Where the heck is my Totems? Alot, has changed during the time I've been gone. Where is my Totems?... "Voodoo Totem, Earthgrab Totem, Lightning surge totem"?.. I have to chose between them? Remember back in Vanilla, tbc, wotlk where you could have 4 totems total as enhancement?... Why have they pruned it so much?... I miss my totems.. Searing totem, Windfury, Stoneskin, Tremor, Strength, Stoneclaw.. etc etc.. Blizzard... dear, dear Blizzard? Why? I feel more like a warrior without the tools of totems. Some people may find them annoying, but when you first began to design Shaman's you had a great idea... Now it's just choose between 3 totems in a talent tree?.. You're taking the fun outta the gameplay :p Each Totem had it's use. It helped other players in a group. Made people do more damage, heal over a long time, or decreased their damage with the help of the totems.. I donno about y'all but I miss those times. -.^Thyrán5 11 Apr
11 Apr Enhancement Feedback I didn't like my horde shammy so I made a spacegoat. Been a while since I started a new char and here's what I noticed about the shammy, sticking to enhancement all the way: A) The old maelstorm mechanics were much better, were you get 5 stacks and each reduced the cast time and mana cost(?) of healing surge and chain lightning, which we also had. As well as all the shock spells. (Actually the new enhancement sucks. Especially how we are 99% melee now and even the sound effects are so luffy puffy without any umph or KAPOW or edge) B) The first major perk we need is instant heals, which we don't get till 66 when healing surge starts consuming 20 maelstrom for instant casting. C) The second perk is spirit walk, and though that's what we need the most, it's the VERY LAST skill we get, at lvl EIGHTY!! Are you kidding me?? Do you devs even play your own game? Do you have ANY IDEA how much you get sandbagged as melee in BG? You are snared and stunned ALL THE FRIKKIN TIME... And we get one 1min cd short speed buff antisnare, at lvl 80 and instaheals at 66? You are completely out of touch with your own game. Healing surge rank 2 should be available at lvl 30 and spirit walk at lvl 20. Also, spirit walk should be a 20sec cd spell lasting 5 sec. Even with "such op low cd" you would still get sandbagged to HELL with a 15 sec downtime. Enjoy being fully stunned and feared by, well, everyone... every rogue pala dk hunter warlock monk, especially monks... 15sec cd para + stun kicks, can't even get any dmg going on them. DO YOU EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME is my question... Based on what I gathered from this and some other classes, the answer is no. Seems to me you just spin a wheel and throw some darts on mechanics, cooldowns, durations, lvl requirements and... see where it lands "GG boys, let's ship it, done and done, seems A-okay to me." Nicetrynoob21 11 Apr
10 Apr Quest restau shaman I have an issue. At the end of the quest to get my restauration weapon . I tp stone to dalaran instead of clicking on the portal. Now i am locked in the quest which ask me to do the scenario again but at the end i cannot pick up the weapin cause i already have it. So i cant go further in my class quest.... do you know how to fix it?Munchy0 10 Apr
09 Apr What were they thinking In resto, what were they thinking with so many spells requiring placing? Very important spells: Healing Rain Spirit Link Totem Gift of the Queen > even the Artifact requires placing < and more: Earthbind Totem Lightning Surge Totem All of these spells should have a "cast at target" option. For HEALERs facing the party/raid member should not matter. You can heal a person without facing them ever since I can recall, so why are we required to, not only face the location but also to place a reticle! We definitely need "/cast [@target]" ...Vesuvius3 09 Apr
05 Apr What are shamans ? Hello, It's really simple, this class caught my interest and I would like to hear from you, what do you guys think about this class alongside it specs ? How do you play them, How fun is it ? What makes it unique ? and anything you could think about.. or simply think about it this way : What are shamans ?Shai7 05 Apr
05 Apr Ele Shaman BfA Feedback Hi together, I want to give some feedback for Ele Shaman in BFA. First, I unfortunately don’t have BFA Alpha access, so all my information is based on Wowhead and Youtube videos of Naesam. Let’s start with what i wish getting changed / included in BFA for Ele Shamans 1.survivability For the current state of high Mythic + we really need to have some on demand defensive or a second’s cooldown. It must be proactive rather than reactive since we must survive big hits (e.g. Hatecoil). The talent Spirit Wolf is absolutely solving the issue considering survivability, I’m happy seeing this talent! 2.standard changes Obviously like for every Expansion I wish for some changes to the playstyle of elemental to get some new experience. A fair amount of changes came In, I want to touch on those I dislike so far. -Earthen Rage I see the necessity of having passive ability’s (especially in the left talent row), nevertheless should Earthen Rage be replaced by exposed Elements. Earthen Rage was never taken in any scenario in whole Legion and without overturning it, the fact won’t change since the talent is more than boring. As a result, a T 15 Talent slot is freed which could be filled by Totem Mastery. As a result, a T 45 Talent slot is freed which could easily be filled by Lightning Rod. -Elemental Blast Elemental Blast is a core ability of elemental shaman and representing its hard hitter ability which should therefore be baseline. As a result, a T 15 Talent slot is freed which could be filled by an AOE ability like the one in an earlier alpha build. -Echo of the Elements Getting lava surge while Lava Burst´s cooldown is like 0,1s seconds doesn’t feel good for any player and should therefore be either baseline or the functionality of Lava Surge could be changed. As a result, a T 45 Talent slot is freed which could be filled by some passive like Elemental Focus (which I’ll miss too). -Wind Rush Totem competing with Nature´s Guardian Bringing utility for the raid (especially as shaman) feels awesome, at the cost of survivability it doesn’t. -Earthquake Costs for Earthquake feels weird. Positioning in Mythic+ or AOE Encounter (Portalkeeper Hasabel) with heavy movement already is challenging and even less rewarding in some situations. With increasing the Mahlstrom costs and reducing the generation of Mahlstrom it will not be challenging, but rather useless in most situations. I’m looking forward to a constructive and high-level discussion. See you aroundKosajalolz3 05 Apr
04 Apr Enh Alpha Thoughts Just saw some of the new changes. -New lightning shield sounds really cool! -I'm sad windfury totem is gone :S -New forceful winds seems incredibly strong, 500% increase to windfury damage with no downtime really? I'm glad all specs are looking pretty good for BfA.Cesuna2 04 Apr
03 Apr is elemental weak? i only played resto for a while and I decided switch to dps, my guild mates told me that ele is very weak compared to other casters. on the other hand enchantment looks fairly strong. but i don´t like melee that much. is it really that weak?Ognios18 03 Apr
03 Apr Why do Pandaren Shamans turn into a ghost wolf? There are no wolves on the Wandering Isle. Pandaren from the isle should not even know wolves exist, as Shen-Zin Su has not been to Pandaria for ~9000 years.Shinjao23 03 Apr
01 Apr Healing advice Hey all! I'm a new healer and would like some advice if possible. I've created this character about a week ago to start with healing. It's my first shaman and first healing toon. I've been doing dungeons for the better part of this week and had no trouble healing whatsoever... But that has changed since I've been hitting ~lvl 42 until now. I can see that my heals don't have enough impact, or that I run out of mana pretty quick. But I also mainly have this problem with Monk tanks. Is that my imagination, or could it be something that I should take in consideration? I've got a feeling that the big hitters have a much greater impact on them. Anyone in for some advice? Still learning here. Thanks!Shortfingers2 01 Apr
31 Mar Doomhammer appearance in BfA I really like the basic skin for doomhammer. Could you please tell me if we will be able to transmog it in BfA?Seekar8 31 Mar
31 Mar Need help with enh pvp Hi, since i can't raid anymore due to time impediments i'm thinking of starting to play pvp so i can earn my vicious war raptor, but i have almost 0 pvp experience. Hows the state of enhancement in arenas and bg? is there any guide or streamer/youtuber i could watch to help me play well? Tyvm in advanceLeunam0 31 Mar
30 Mar Lacking HPS ( please help ) deleteZöresh0 30 Mar
30 Mar Anyone know a decent comp for enhancement 3v3? Tried everything, getting demolished by any caster comp.. really hard to progress in this bracket I feel asif i'm trying harder than any other class to no avail, soon as my one defensive is down (that's if I don't die whilst it's being used) I shortly die after. Need some helps, taSooty8 30 Mar
30 Mar what is this dumb legendary? http://www.wowhead.com/item=138117/spiritual-journey i will insult you literally blizzard come at me you !@#$%^- shabronnies. i spend 2 weeks for woke essence and you give me meme legendary? what is this like make me look like *!@#, cant equip this my frienders will of bullyy me what fank. literal garbage like drake n n josuh Gotdamn.Atohoem8 30 Mar
30 Mar !The Biggest Issue with Elemental! Hello, My name is Hashim and i'v joined Retail on Pre Legion, I've played on Wrath of the Lich King Private server for about a year in total, and so do i keep playing Elemental as my main class in legion and hopefully in BFA as well. When i first started leveling my first character in WOTLK, Elemental felt so strong, and it could deal massive sustained DPS, with great bursting tool and group buff on top of that, even tho i have pretty bad gear, i could compete with other fresh/bad geared players even if they had the upper hand, Death knights rogues and mages, didn't matter we were all rivals in DPS wise, but when i for the first time bought WoW Account and started playing in here, Elemental felt bad.. After Tons and Tons of testing around Current Elemental i'v discovered a Massive weakness in the class that holds the spec back, it's the way "Elemental Overload", It's the Elemental shaman's Mastery, now this is the only Mastery between all of the DPS specs that works in a unique way and it goes like this. Current Mastery: Your Lightning Bold, Chain Lightning, and Lava burst casts have a ( x% Based on the Amount of Mastery stat ) chance to trigger a second cast on the same target for x% of normal damage and x of the normal Mealstorm generation. How does it Effect Leveling:- As i were making my way to level 78 and unlocked Elemental Overload, i had 15% Chance to trigger my "Mastery", as other classes were getting their mastery passive guaranteed, Arms Fury Assassin Affliction and many others got massive damage increase on level 78. while elemental gets a small % to trigger additional damage and mealstorm generation, Elemental simply wont compete with other Dps specs while leveling because it simply it would't trigger so we deal some respected amount of damage and that's why shamans would rather level as Restoration or Enhancement. How does it Effect early Expansion:- Elemental feels good when you trigger it's Mastery, but you can't trigger it enough, because you will have to sacrifice the rest of the stats, you will lack of Haste Crit and versatility and that'd lead to negative Dps, once you manage to get around 75% chance which is not possible to get early expansion you would be weak either way. How does it Effect Late Expansion:- As we progressed through the last Raid of legion, our stats went very high up, now you will get to balance your stats easier and fix them, but the issue is, [Elemental Fury], this became far more important than ever, Elemental shamans now have to forget all about stacking mastery and focus on getting that Crit and Haste up there, as Earth shock hits about 15M Damage on a geared Character, stacking mastery would be a joke.. so again it's getting in the way once again and has to be ignored. How do we fix it:- Rework and Revamp it, Give Elemental some guaranteed Damage boost like every single Dps spec gets, that way Elemental will be very strong early levels and late expansion as we progress slowly through raids and mythic dungeons and get higher ilvl and stats, after getting enough Crit and Haste any Elemental shaman would be happy to stack that mastery some more! I do apology about the long test and the awful typing, Thank you very much for giving me 15min of your time and reading my thoughts !Elementxgodx38 30 Mar
29 Mar HONOR TALENTS SUGGESTIONS LINE 1 The first line is the same for all classes. GLADIATOR MEDALION 2 min cooldown Instant Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character while in PvP combat. ADAPTATION Passive Remove any loss of control effect with a duration of 5 sec or more. This effect can only occur once every 1 min. RELENTLESS Passive Duration of incoming crowd control effects reduced by 20%. Does not stack with similar effects. LINE 2 The second line is the same for all caster classes. INITIATION Passive Critical strike change of your damaging abilities and attacks increased by 30% on targets at or above 80% health. TRAIN OF THOUGHT Passive Damage increased by 15%. Being Attacked will cancel this effect for 8 sec. MIND QUICKNESS Passive Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy, interrupting an enemy, or dispelling any target increases Haste by 20% for 10 sec. This increase may occur once every 30 sec. LINE 3 The third line is the same for all Shaman specializations. Addictional Totem. SKYFORY TOTEM 3% of base mana 40 sec cooldown Instant Summons a Fire totem with 5 healt at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that increases the critical effect of damage and healing spells of all nearby allies within 40 yards by 20% for 15 sec. GROUNDING TOTEM 6% of base mana 15 sec cooldown Instant Summons a Grounding Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that will redirect one harmful spell cast on a nearby party member to itself every 5 sec. Will not redirect area of effect spells. Lasts 45 sec. EARTHGRAB TOTEM 10% of base mana 30 sec cooldown 35 yd range Instant Summons a totem at the targhet location for 20 sec. The totem pulses every 2 sec, rooting all enemies within 8 yards for 8 sec. Enemies previous rooted by the totem instead suffer 50% movement speed rduction. LINE 4 The fourth line interacts with the Fire Spells. PATH OF FLAME Passive Lava Burst deals 10% more damage and Flame Shock has a 5% increased chance to trigger Lava Surge. LAVA TOMENT Passive The cooldown of Flame Shock has removed. CONTROL OF LAVA Passive Your Flame Shock damage over time has 20% change to reset the remaining cooldown on Lava Burst, and increase its damage by 25%. Stacking up 3 times. LINE 5 The fifth line improves the healing and defensive skills. SPECTRAL RECOVERY Passive While in Ghost Wolf, you heal 3% health every 2 sec. ROCK SHIELD Passive Now, when they take damage, Earth Shield consume 3 charges. This heal can only occur once every 10 sec. Earth Shield can only be placed on themselves. SHAMANISTIC RAGE Passive Replaces Astral Shift 1 min cooldown All damage taken reduced by 20% for 8 sec. It is also usable while stunned. LINE 6 The Sixth line outlines the style of combat. EARTHFURY Passive Casting a 75 Maelstrom Earth Shock will Stun the target for 2 sec FROSTY SPIRIT Passive Frost Shock stack on the target up to 5 times. Every stack increases damage to 3% for 8 sec. ELEMENTAL RAMPAGE 30 sec cooldown 30 yd range Instant An explosion of elemental powers, dealing elemental damage to the target and knocking him away from Shaman. For 8 sec the target’s movement speed is slowed by 50% and takes 20% more damage from Fire, Frost and Nature schools of damage. What are your ideas?Jeroid5 29 Mar
28 Mar Enhancement Shaman Rotation. on Icy-veins the rotation is listed as: Enhancement Shaman Opening Rotation Whilst the opener is very rarely a high impact point for Enhancement as most of your damage is tied to the sustained output over the course of the fight, a general sequence will look like the following: Use Potion of Prolonged Power before the pull. Cast Rockbiter to generate burst Maelstrom and activate Landslide. Activate Fury of Air if taken. Cast Flametongue. Cast Frostbrand with Hailstorm taken. Cast Feral Spirit. Cast Crash Lightning to activate Alpha Wolf. Cast Earthen Spike if taken. Activate Doom Winds and immediately cast Stormstrike. Cast Ascendance to reset the cooldown on Stormstrike, or if Stormbringer is active if taken. Cast Windstrike. Continue with single target rotation. Cast Rockbiter to generate Maelstrom and maintain Landslide. Cast Fury of Air if it is not active. Cast Flametongue if the buff is not active. Cast Feral Spirit on cooldown. Follow this immediately with a Crash Lightning cast to activate Alpha Wolf. Cast Earthen Spike. Cast Windstrike with or without Stormbringer active. Activate Doom Winds whenever available, try to have Stormstrike available, your on-hit buffs & the Earthen Spike debuff active with this. Cast Stormstrike with Stormbringer active. Cast Lightning Bolt if above 50 Maelstrom with Overcharge Cast Crash Lightning if the Tier 20 bonus Lightning Crash is not active. Cast Rockbiter with the Tier 21 bonus Force of the Mountain active. Cast Stormstrike. Cast Rockbiter. Cast Flametongue if the buff has less than 4.5 seconds remaining. Cast Lava Lash if you have more than 80 Maelstrom. Right this is indicating at all times to have uptime on Fury of Air?.. does this include ST FIghts, do I still use this ability?... a lot of AoE Abilities arnt used during a ST Rotation so I just wanted to ask. Also it involves all CDs.. should I be just continuously using these on CD?... even on trash (I'm mainly M+ Player) I don't have the boots to reduce the CD.. and Doomwinds seems like a good Rotation into the Boss Fight rather then used on trash continuously, Specially as Windfury is ST Damage. it puts AOE abilities mixed in such as Using crash Lightning after use of the Wolves.. but it'd only benefit in AoE as the Proc is for AoE Damage from the wolves.. in ST FIghts it wouldn't help and Crash Lightning would use up more maelstrom.. if someone could Direct me to the difference uses for ST and AOE Rotations as Icy-veins has nothing written up apart from that one rotation.Thargok7 28 Mar
28 Mar Looking help with elemental shaman! Hey all! Like the title says i am looking some help, tips, tricks and whatsoever about my elemental shamy. I have an alt shaman that i used to main it as resto, but a couple of days i changed to elemental. I am currently sitting at 952 ilvl, an using the ascendence built. I try using the rotation like this: flameshock, then casting my totem mastery, then elemental blast, into 2x lava burst to gain maelstorm, and if i gain over 110 i am going to cast earth shock, if not just spamming lightning strike till i get that maelstorm. And ofcourse if its a boss fight i cast ascendence with bl and fireelemental. The problem is only single target i get like 1 mil dps or even lower if i dont bl. Earth shock is being casted only with 110+ maelstorm. Should i just use only one lava burst and them spamming lightning strike till i get maelstorm for earthshock?Nerdotcom6 28 Mar
27 Mar How does anyone play Elemental in bg's? Melee dominate bg's. I know the game isnt balanced, but godamn is it frustrating to face melee's in bg's as Elemental. I cant even use Astral Shift when stunned or locked out. Kick, stun, incap, grip, more stuns, about 5 more kicks. The only thing i get off is flameshock, maybe Lava Surge proc, frostshock, and using thunderstorm when stunned. I am not playing Elemental in pvp anymore. I am a training dummy.Enjøy10 27 Mar
27 Mar Repeat after me: E N H A N C E M E N T Too many illiterate players calling Enhancement in wrong ways, even shaman players themselves (which should be even more ashamed for being that illiterate) Stop the enchantment / ench / enchancemen / whatever nonsense, we are not Enchanting / enchanters .... it is E N H A N C E M E N T It comes from the english verb "TO ENHANCE"(I know it's shocking your vocabulary is so undeveloped) To Enhance = to improve You hear about it more around Olympic games when people talk about performance-ENHANCING drugs... So the logic behind this (another shocking moment when you guys realise there actually is a logic in naming the spec) is that we use the elements to enhance (Improve) our melee attacks. So there it is. You can thank me for being your friendly Shaman that educates you trying to enhance your intellect. PeaceSnaj17 27 Mar
25 Mar How powerful is the t21 resto 4 piece? Moo I'm currently looking to progress into mythic raiding, well my guild is already 6/11 an I do solid numbers in heroic, and even been doing some ok numbers in mythic tonight considering I'm 20 Ilvls and beyond lower than our other healers. How much in a HPS sense of the word is the 4 bonus actually increasing my heal throughput by, without it I'm currently doing 1.7 million on varimathras HC for instance. Or tonight I'm Imonar I was doing between 1.0 and 1.2 million. So how much increase could I expect to gain from having it? Are there any of you that choose to play without it ?Garlands12 25 Mar
25 Mar Vers for restos Ey' fellow healers, I have a simple question regarding vers stat for us restos. I'm aware there might be other posts that are exactly the same as this, but some didn't give answers that I found clear. So I apologize for repetition in advance. Mainly focusing on mythic+ dungeon healing, how valued is versatility for us? I know most prio's involve mastery/crit, and that is the build I've focused on, but how high or low do you think vers should be? I try and keep mine around 10%, but sometimes if I get it down to 8% it can bump my crit to 37%+, which highly favours mythic affixes such as grevious, because we have to spam crit surges to get rid of bleed stack. But then again vers helps us do more general healing output, and also sometimes can make or break 1 one shot mechanic screw up, ye 5% dmg reduction isn't much, but combined with healing stream totem and even ghost in the mist, it CAN be useful. How low/high do you guys think I should base this stat? I'm currently sporting 35% crit, 105% mastery, ~10% vers, 13% haste [I know haste is low but decent crit chance procs queen's aces which helps my haste so I generally didn't stack too much]. What do guys think? Sorry for the long post and thank you, and btw constructive criticism is appreciated, please call me out if you think I've built something idiotically.Notoracism3 25 Mar