Shaman

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
10h Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx391 10h
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h Enhancement questions I've currently started my first Horde character. Got a resto/elemental on the "other side". Now I have a question on Talent Choices, esp. Tier 15, 75 and 90. I use Boulderfist, but the other 2, they're viable? Thing is, I prefer not to spam Rockbiter, or is it a huge DPS loss when I don't Hot Hand? I read even with 7.2, it's a must due to a new trait? Hailstorm, I only use if by chance I get the legendary? Other than that, don't use it? I prefer using Tempest, is the DPS difference with Overcharge big? I simply don't like using Lightning Bolt on an enhancement rotation :) Crashing Storm is really that bad? It looks so cool tbh :-). Fury of Air does too though, just wondering if the other option is really a no go. And lastly, Frostbrand is no longer used in the rotation, unless as with my first point, we get this legendary?Khariz0 1h
7h I love Elemental, but afraid to play it! Hello, I really love the gameplay of elemental shaman and I was thinking about maining it. The thing is that I don't really have a lot of spare time so I will mostly be doing world quests, mythic dungeons, old content and the occasional LFR. But when I read the shaman forums I see a lot of players complaining about how squishy and weak elemental seems to be and this makes me worry if it will be a good idea after all to play shaman. Since I don't have much time to play I want to experience the content I'm able to do with somewhat ease, not frustration! Is elemental really that bad to play?Laeneya3 7h
8h So.. i made another Elemental World PvP Video So.. Since people down voted my last video(without giving me any feedback), i made a new one with a little bit different play style. More fair fights and less dirty tricks! Check it out! ... And don't forget to give me some feedback! thanks for watching!Touchthis5 8h
11h Buff Pristine protoscale gridle belt on 7.2 Hello, Blizard suprsie me possitive. They buff our legendary belt as well :) http://www.wowhead.com/item=137083/pristine-proto-scale-girdle LIVE http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=137083/pristine-proto-scale-girdle PTR Is now absolutlly the best legendary for Ele Shaman will be OP legend !Shadowdk2 11h
12h Elemental pvp, how are you guys doing it? For the life of me, I know I'm rusty, havent played in years. And not geared, but I thought that this wasnt too much of a problem with the templates. But my, do I struggle in pvp. I feel very squishy, specially if there is a melee on me. I try to kite my best, but to no avail looks like. Despite frost shock, earthbind, gust of wind, ghost wolf, thunder, I cant seem to keep melee off of me. And they tear me a new one while I can barely scratch them. Sure, I can do decent damage if let alone to cast, but that doesnt happen much, with all the CC and interrupts. So, to all the better players that can make it work, what's you secret?Ullrik9 12h
15h Ele legendary assistance Hey all Got my 3rd legendary last night and a bit unsure what's best to equip now. Have the belt, bracers and now shoulders. I assume the belt must stay but unsure which is better between the other 2. I don't lose my 4 set equipping shoulders so that's not an issue, but would have to farm a replacement for the bracers if necessary (haven't had anything higher than 845 drop all expac, so haven't got anything decent saved up). Also, if the shoulders are in fact better, how exactly do they work? Do I just drop earthquake whenever it procs even on single target? And where would it sit on the priority list (assuming after EB)? Any assistance greatly appreciated :) Edit: I play ascendance build if that makes a difference (very much stuck in my ways :p).Alyana3 15h
16h Relic changes, frustrating players Hello, I'm not typically one to go off on long tirades over every little change in the game, but the relative values of enhancement relics being upturned so suddenly is immensely frustrating. Throughout 7.1 Wind Strikes was dominant by a massive margin, 7.1.5 and the T19 4set made Gathering of the Maelstrom relics a comfortable and consistent second choice after WS. Now with 7.2 and the new artifact traits any benefit from GotM is rendered null, WS is still dominant, but not Forged in Lava is likely the second best option. Does the team not recognize that is a very frustrating situation to put players in ? Replacing Wind Strikes relics took bloody ages due to the massive value they held (needed much higher ilvl relic to be worth replacement), and now I finally was able to get my hands on 900+ GotM the trait is worthless once again, and the very same low ilvl WS relics I replaced are back to being BETTER than what I have now. To be clear I don't expect Blizzard to reverse changes, or make amends, or anything dramatic like that, I'd just like to get some insight into the development process insofar as relics are concerned. Making it impossible for us two swap them around creates potential for situations such as this which are both frustrating and demotivating, speaking for myself I have **passed** on Forged in Lava relics several times during guild raids because they are actually valuable traits for other classes/specs.Morajin0 16h
17h Elemental / Restoration Hi, I am mainly an elemental shaman, but I do a lot of restoration work as well. At the moment, I have 3 legendaries, and am trying to finally start with Nighthold. Those legendaries are NOT spec specific, so I wonder what is a better idea....2 shamans, or when I play resto I spec resto, and same for elemental? I'm trying to be good at elemental, but I'm struggling a lot. I need to walk, loose lots of DPS like that. 2 Days ago, I imported a weakaura for elemental, but I need to learn to play with that still. Need to learn applying elemental blast in time. But what is wise, 2 shamans, or keep playing one shaman with 2 specs? My other Panda shamans is 91 :-)Kudir18 17h
19h Rate transmog above Hey hey, since Armory is back up and running. Rate the transmog above you! Kind regards DrasqDrasq368 19h
20h Storm, Earth and Lava, but for Enh? Is there a forum like SE&L but for Enhancement?Arvos2 20h
1d Do you enjoy playing Enhance? It is really boring to play enhance now, all you do is gaining maelstrom and waiting for stormstrike procs to do some damage. We make our classes so simple by choosing passive talents for more power. Enhance is literally one button class atm and i cant change that with talents cuz there is no good another option right now. Stormstrike is %40 maybe %50 of our overall damage. Do we have any offance cd as enhancement shaman? Like vendetta, recklessness, avenging wrath? I really cant feel the difference when i use doom winds and ferals they are just generating maelstrom. Enhance is my main class for 5 years and normally i dont write on forums but i just wanted to share my feelings about enhance shaman. What is your opinions about enhancement shaman play style?Successive13 1d
1d [7.2 | Ele] Elemental Destablization in PvP Is this trait going to work in PvP? I'm not 100% sure but I think Elemental Fury does not work in PvP. I hope this trait doesn't do nothing for PvP! Anyone know?Goldburn2 1d
1d [Guide] 2H Shaman in Legion (only for Fun-PvP) Hello! Yes I know since WoD there is no really solid way to play shaman with a two hander and especially in Legion it got even harder because of the artifact-weapon. But if you are bored and want to have some fun with a very small health-pool there is a good way to do good damage with a two hander in non-competitive PvP with some healers supporting you. Since in instanced-PvP scaling is the bread and butter you can easily equip a 2-hander from WoD and start melting people. The only thing what u will miss is the health-pool that your artifact weapon grants you and your traits. You will realize that the nature damage you deal is a little bit lower than with your artifact but the physical damage is pretty much the same or a little bit higher, depends on the ability. Sadly you have to play w/o Stormstrike and Lavalash. If Stormstrike would still work with 2-handers it would give us a ~25% damage (depends on itemlevel) increase because it scales with our weapon damage/speed. But that's only a dream. So what you are going to do is very simple: ───────────────────────────────────────── Talents: Level 15: Boulderfist Buffing our overall damage. Level 60: Hailstorm Gives us a huge buff to our weapon damage. Level 75: Overcharge Lightning bolt will be your finisher-spell in this build and has a well synergy with our Level 100 Talent. Level 90: Sundering Deals huge damage with our 2-hand weapon and has also a great synergy with our Level 100 Talent. Level 100: Earthern Spike Gives us a huge damage boost to Sundering and Lighting Bolt to burst people fast down. Honor-Talents: Tier 3: Skyfury Totem or Windfury Totem Take Sykfury Totem to boost our Lightning Bolt damage. Otherwise take Windfury Totem to increase our Windfury damage. Tier 6: Shamanism Obviously take this to burst people fast down. ───────────────────────────────────────── Gameplay First of all you have to make sure that you keep your Boulderfist-, Frostbrand- and Flametongue Buff up. Make sure that you used either your Windfury Totem or Skyfury Totem to deal extra damage. Always use your Earthern Spike on cooldown and then try to use Sundering into a Lighting Bolt too profit from the Earthern Spike Buff. If everything is on cooldown refresh your Buffs or spam Boulderfist. If all three abilities are ready again and Bloodlust too then use Bloodlust and start bursting people with the damage rotation! ───────────────────────────────────────── Tipps If you want to benefit from your Stormstrike Proccs or want to get a higher health pool again you should use a macro which allows you to swap around between both weapons: /equip Doomhammer /equip *insert your 2-handed weapon here* If you don't have any 2-handed weapon I recommend you to go to the PvP-Vendor from WoD S3 in Stormshield/Warspear near Ashran and buy a 710-weapon for 5 Marks of Honor. In addition I recommend you to transmog your weapon in something, otherwise this whole build is senseless and you can continue playing with your small dual-wield weapons. Video that shows burst rotation (sorry for lags, had trouble with recording): youtube.com/watch?v=WFHGWnwAETc ───────────────────────────────────────── As I said: don't take it too serious, I never said that it's viable but it's definitely fun if you have some healers near you. Enjoy!Traut8 1d
1d Enhancement is good.. share pvp videos Enhancement is good.. PvP videos Share your PVP videos as enhancement if you are enjoying the spec! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuch4kLAkNs&list=PLe4pllU1IzLLPLMUang5KXPYab1OCdrej https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaRMsJVR87Z5QZum4tu0y1QShuurai1 1d
1d Resto and Ele fun to play/smooth rotations? Hi, I'm trying to decide between hunter and shaman for my new main as i want a ranged character and was hoping for some input from the shaman side. Firstly as i have no experience healing on the shaman, how is it? Are they desirable for m+/raids and so you feel like you have the tools you need etc. For elemental i have been playing just with random lightning rod build only done a couple dungeon runs but from reading up on this you are meant to switch spec depending on bosses? I don't want to switch constantly ideally, are any of the specs viable for a whole raid or is spec switching kind of mandatory to do well? Also do you find the rotations fun and feel like you do decent enough DPS not to be dragging your team down? I'm no hardcore player so i don't need to top the meters. Anyone have a hunter too and can give pros/cons? CheersRaeshi2 1d
1d Rate shaman name above Rate name aboveGimbloid18 1d
1d New traits on7.2 Hello, What do you think what traits will be good to start 7.2 If i good understand if someone have 54 traits on patch 7.2 they refund ap for 4 new traits. My question is which best the new one traits or additional to Lava imbued and molten blast and also earthen rage. Which traits will be 4 traits used?Gerantin8 1d
1d Shaman Resto: Best race to play? (Horde) Whats the best race to play as with a resto shaman? taking into consideration Looks, Racial buffs and lore.Argroth17 1d
2d Pvp macros for Enh Shaman Hey fellow shamans . Im a new player who's looking for some help. As a person who adores pvp in each game ,i am facing some serious issues. Basically i cant click on each spell in a matter of seconds. So ,i'll really appreciate some one experienced with the years to forward to me some tips and macros that will help me. From what i know,i've never made a macro ,neither do i know HOW to make one. So could you guys help me with this?All i need from you is the exact text that i need to put in the macro for the spell combinations below. 1. Blood Fury + Doomhammer +Bloodlust =Need this . 2. Flametongue + Frostband =Both persist 20 seconds so it'll be easier. 3. Purge + Windshear-to slow down the enemy. 4.Astral shift + Cleanse Spirit . Any other macro texts will be appreciated. May the winds guide you!Oxidesama2 2d
2d Enhament pvp just putting this out there right away, i havent tried instanced pvp at all in legion, mainly because of what i am going to talk about. so judging only from world pvp (wich is broken as !@#$) enhancement cant really do jack %^-*. first thing first. our selfheal is abyssmal. unless i get super lucky with crits, i cant even heal myself fully without going oom, and ontop of that our defensive cooldown (our ONLY defensive cooldown) is one the worst defensive cooldowns in game from what i have gathered from playing other melee classes. ghostwolf doesnt break snares anymore, tremor totem is gone. glyphed shamanistic rage was great for breaking magic stuns, wich suprise suprise is also removed. so we cant counter any CC what so ever. and while we are on that topic, CC. oh boy this is something i have hated about shamans the last 7 years that i have played as one. we have no reliable CC at all. i have argued that hex is the worst CC in the game. it has cast time and a lenghty cooldown of 30 seconds. you cant even instacast it with maelstrom stacks anymore. and lightning surge totem. i mean come on blizzard, sure its easier to land it now. but its still extremely unrealiable against a decent player. and then the biggest issue right now i have with enhancement (or any shaman specc for that matter) its the only class that i run out of good keybinds. i currently have 21 spells keybound, sure i can add even more. but the issue is that the keybind should be easy to use, so if i have to contort my hands in uncomfortable ways to cast a important spell its not fun at all. and all this is exluding the added spells from honor talents. i cant really take away any spells from my keybinds because i need all of them. so here is the breakdown. to be able to pvp as enhancement you need to be a master piano player to be able to what every other class does even better. is there anyone else that feel like i do or am i simply way out of line with my thinking?Tomsboll8 2d
2d Earthen Rage or Totemic Mastery? Is totem mastery so much better that earthen rage is totally out of the question? cuz i kinda prefer using earthen rage..fits more with my own class-fantasy really.-Arvos4 2d
2d Stone elemental question Sorry if this has been brought up before. I have just got to 110 on my shammy, when I pull out my stone elemental it gets attacked by birds goats and any neutral mob thats around within a certain distance, its starting to bug me as when he disappears I get the aggro. Surely this has got to be a bug?Zanich1 2d
2d Auto-Totem? Is there a macro for automatically casting Totemic Mastery everytime I cast Flame Shock?Arvos3 2d
3d 7.2 Ele Shaman: Back to a Crit/Elementalist build Howdy folks. Not a big forum poster, and not sure how many of us Ele Shamans are active around these parts but I was curious as to how the rest of you feel about the 7.2 Elemental additions. It would seem that Blizzard is forcing us towards a Crit playstyle again based our core new artifact trait: Elemental Destabilization: Increases the effectiveness of Elemental Fury by 5/10/15/20% Along with our new t20 set bonuses: Shaman T20 Elemental 2P Bonus While Storm Elemental / Fire Elemental is active, your Flame Shock deals 75% increased damage over time and always critically strikes. Shaman T20 Elemental 4P Bonus Reduce the cooldown of Storm Elemental / Fire Elemental by 1.0 / 2.0 sec when Flame Shock periodic damage deals a critical strike. Which emphasises a build based on Critical Strike for Flame Shocks, keeping up Flame Shock on as many targets as possible (so sticking with Path of Flame realistically) and running Primal Elementalist again most likely - due to the massive reduction in cooldown of our Elementals through this talent and our Elementalist artifact ability. Not to mention our Earth Elemental can be a permanent pet now, so it seems that Blizzard likes the idea of Elemental controlling Elementals as part of our identity. So my real question here was, how do you guys feel about becoming a big Crit/Elemental based spec again? How do you feel about the current Mastery playstyle? Personally, I'm a huge fan of Mastery Ele as it just feels so damn satisfying, which I think Crit lacks severely. I really wish that our new talents and set bonuses tied into Mastery stacking as opposed to crit, but that's just me. One more issue that I don't want to overlook is the new Swelling Maelstrom artifact trait coming in 7.2. This increases our maximum Maelstrom by 25, and increases the max Maelstrom consumed by Earth Shock by 25. With a build centred around stacking Crit, we're going to be seeing fewer Elemental Overloads and fewer casts in general due to lack of Haste - so filling up our Maelstrom bar will be slower than it currently is but with the addition of another 25 Maelstrom to the cap. How do you feel about this change? Personally I don't think it synergizes well at all with the Crit playstyle they're pushing us towards, and I'm not a fan. Earth Shock already feels super lacking as it is unless it crits, and it's going to take quite a lot longer to fill that bar come 7.2. Just some food for thought, and I was just curious as to how my fellow Elemental Shammies felt about is as I don't know anyone else who plays one, so can't discuss the changes. Addendum: I do wish we had something survivability related added in 7.2, as right now it's hard to justify sticking with Elemental over most other DPS specs in the game due to lackluster defensive/self-healing options alone. (And yes, I know that Ancestral Guidance exists but good luck playing without Gust of Wind in the current content) Thanks for reading.Shrekthar5 3d
3d Low HOPS, why? Hey guys. I need help. When i heal on NH HC every other healers have MUCH more hops than me, i mean like double?! I have 897 equi and im doing the right rotation but still i cant get over like 400hps. Does any1 know why? if i have wrong talents or something? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Fettoshaman/simpleTaazi3 3d
4d Enhance back in days.. Ahh.. i was really enjoing ascendance back in mop.. frying people with that animation... ;(Successive7 4d
4d Loot issue: Versatility gear drops / rewards I don't know if it's just me, but lately my shaman (and also my BM hunter), get a LOT of VERSATILITY gear from chests in M+ and weekly rewards. I feel that wasn't the case before. Is it just unlucky, or people facing the same issue? I believe the only mail user that needs this stat is Survival Hunter, so I wonder why this high rate? Trying to promote SV hunters?Kudir4 4d
4d Witchdoctors! I played with this idea in the past and thought it would be fun to have this worked out a little further. This is not a seperate class, but rather a voluntary change to troll's enhancement specialization, which is why I listed this in the Shaman topic. The idea is to have a series of quests, exclusively available to troll Shamans, giving us access to actual witchdoctors. The concept is, to prove your worth as an enhancement Shaman through series of quests, both single player and raid focused, challenging scenarios, some of which require several troll shamans. With help from Vol'jin's spirit, we can prove our worth to be ultimate wielders of the power of the loa. Think of it as a legendary questline, but instead of a legendary item, we get a legendary specialization. While in this specialization, we're no longer known as Shamans (so we lose our current shaman spells), but as Witchdoctors, and the loa we invoke are briefly visible as part of our abilities. This gives the specialization a truly unique feel as well as something awesome to work towards. You may recognize several abilities as core shaman abilities with a new, loa-induced touch. While I do think alliance players should have access to a similar legendary class specialization, hopefully for paladins, this post doesn't focus on that. As a final note, while I do think this concept is viable and reasonably balanced (I don't want this spec to be absurdly powerful, but rather relatively on par with enhancement shamans in their current state), abilities are obviously subject to change if they're too powerful and can't be downscaled accordingly. The same obviously applies to abilities that are potentially too weak.Ðéè11 4d
4d best healing trinks for mythic plus what are the best healing trinks you used in mythic plus, does raw output trinkjs good or the more mana efficient trink good? i only got to level 5 with healing so i wonder what the higher level requires?Madtotem4 4d
4d Need tips for resto shaman for PVE/PVP Ive played all healers in pvp except for shaman, Can anyone give me some tips on healing advice for pve and pvp thanksPhenzii0 4d
4d Just lost 1v1 to backpeddling demo lock Playing as Ele sham. I kill his pet twice. She just stands there backing into the corner clueless as to what's going on. just spamming drain soul and putting dots up and I'm literally put under so much pressure that I can't do damage trying to outheal all that aids. She's literally just ROTTING me. I'm trying so hard to do damage, throwing icefurys, fulminations, frost shocks and lavabursts into her and her HP isn't moving. I don't mind losing in any game, but when you lose to somebody like this who clearly is not a good player whatsoever it just makes me physically sick. I was lining around the pillar for about 5 minutes and faking her stupid pet's CS.Shivkebab6 4d
4d [Suggestion] Surfing in the maelstrom! Make it possible for shamans to jump down into the order hall version of the maelstrom and do some surfing! Maybe even make it something competitive against other fellow shamans for some non-harmful fun. Could be a fun little idling thing to do while waiting for BG queues to pop or when you have nothing better to do, so when you jump into the maelstrom you instantly get a surfing board and a new action bar with some special abilities to increase your speed and to force other shamans off their surf boards and make them fall into the maelstrom, effectively sending them down somewhere into Deepholm. Add a portal down there for some easy access back to the order hall. Possible abilities while surfing: 1 - Wind push - Extremely short ranged spell for pushing your opponent off their board. 10 sec cooldown. 2 - Lightning Rod - Absorbs the next Wind push cast at you. 30 sec cooldown. 3 - Rush - Rush forwards with increased speed for 5 seconds. 15 sec cooldown. 4 - Recover - Try to get back on your board after being pushed off. 25% chance of success. 45 sec cooldown. 5 - Iceberg - Summon a small but easily avoidable iceberg that shatters the surf board of any player who crashes into it. This cannot be Recovered as your board is gone. The shaman ends up in the water and starts whirling down into the maelstrom. Iceberg lasts 30 seconds before being swallowed by the maelstrom. 1 minute cooldown. If a player is able to stay in the game for more than 5 minutes without getting sucked into Deepholm, they could be awarded a 30 minute buff called "Master of the Maelstrom" that gives 100% increased movement speed while in the class hall. Q/A: - Is this idea almost completely pointless and stupid? -Yes, yes it is. - Will adding this shaman exclusive mini game cost us a raid tier? -Probably. - Is it worth it? -Yes!Sibius10 4d
4d Are we squishy? I normally play a Frost DK, and its at 870 currently, and he can easily take on like 20 guys at once, but Shaman seems to just melt immediately with more than 3...Kohgar7 4d
5d 2 h doomhammer glyph Glyph of big hammer - change your doomhammer to 2 hand. - can be transmoged to 2h axes and hammers/maces No need to calculate dmg differently maybe show dmg numbers of main hand and offhand in one number. Also animations exists so no need of extra work for blizz. Opinions?Latexfear6 5d
5d shamans and wpvp hello guys.im a shaman that plays ele and enha(mostly ele)ive played that since november and currently am at 881 ilvl enha and 884 ele but i still cant figure a way to do anything on that environment.as a last resort i ask you guys if you found a way to cope in world pvp against anything tbh.Jackstine4 5d
5d "Totemic Warrior" Enhancement Recently I got bored with my Demon Hunter, so I decided to play on my Shaman alt! And what struck me as funny is how when you select "Enhancement" in the Specializations menu, you see this text "Totemic warrior who strikes foes with bla bla" but the thing is, you have three totems.... Am I missing something? We have Earthbind Totem, which is pretty much useless in PvE and two Talent options... I feel like I should be mad, really! But I just feel sad, this is pathetic.... If I remember correctly in the past Enhancement had like 20+ Totems? And sure, you might say "Well most of them were boring" yeah I won't lie a Shadow Resistance Totem wasn't particularly thrilling to put down but what the hell? A "Totemic Warrior" who has 3 Totems in total? One of which is not even a debuff for your foes, it's just a Wind Rush Totem?! And, like a cherry on the top we have Lightning Shield, as a Talent, LIGHTNING SHIELD, seriously?! What's next? Warriors have their Charge taken away and put up as a Talent? Paladins have Judgement taken away and put up as a Talent? Hell take away Fireball for the Mage, that's surely a Talent, right?Entaari38 5d
5d Why cant we cast waterwalking while mounted? :( This is one of the cool things I love about my deathknight, mounting up and running towards open water, pop Icy Path and boom youre now undead jesus. Why cant shaman? not even in wolf form..Kadreth7 5d
6d Elemental trinket/Ring Question So I have Burning Wish, but I also have Whispers in the Dark and Erratic Metranome. I can't decide if on single target fights I should swap out Burning Wish for the Metranome trinket and equip Sephuz's secret as my second legendary. If I drop Burning Wish I do lose a sizeable amount of intellect.Feirgan7 6d
6d Enhancement Shaman Mastery VS Haste Hello. I'm looking at different guides for the stat weights for enhancement shaman. I used to be an elemental shaman (since wrath really), but this was the expansion for me to reroll to enhancement. Anyways, to get on with the main question. So far i've been dismissing any armour that has not got any mastery on it. Currently 865 ilvl with 78% unbuffed mastery, also have about 25% haste (mainly due to ancestral swiftness, but the simmed dps difference between that talent and hailstorm is currently for my gear about 2 k dps, so not worth putting an extra button in my rotation yet). Although icy-veins claim mastery is the highest secondary stat, and noxxic for instance claim haste is. What is the truth, aim for a lot of mastery, a lot of haste, or balance them out?Ahriku31 6d
20 Mar 7.1.5 Enhancement Shaman Feedback Hi, i just played around a bit with enhancement on the PTR (7.1.5) and I am very displeased with how the spec currently plays with what is currently being played on live servers, most important talents being: Boulderfist Hailstorm Tempest Landslide I feel Frostbrand costs too much now. Not so much in terms of damage output or cost of the ability itself, but more as in how it plays. Especially the opening sequence can be very stuttery with me waiting for Maelstrom to generate to either use Frostbrand/Stormstrike. Frostbrand also makes up quite a large portion of the overall DPS. Additionally the increased recharge time on Boulderfist does not help. Enh is very reactionary to procs and maelstrom need. Boulderfist serves as response to this need and is also the only active response to this. If Stormbringer does proc but Boulderfiist is now on the extended cooldown, a waiting time is introduced for either Boulderfist recharge of Windfury Proc for Maelstrom generation. Always keeping a high amount on Maelstrom is in my opinion not an option as situations require you to increase your output as much as possible. The combination of increased Frostbrand cost and Increased Boulderfist recharge time hinders you in doing so and it becomes a bit of a waiting game. In essence, Boulderfist is what keeps the spec as fluid as it currently is. These two changes have quite a knock on effect on how the spec feels and its flexbility to react. On the PTR I found myself a quite a couple of times just waiting for Maelstrom for either Stormstrike or Frostbrand. This was not fun. I think this is also not something that can be simcrafted very well as it all depends when Stormbringer and Windfury Procs in combination with current Maelstrom level and time left on Frostbrand and Boulderfist cooldown. Either the Boulderfist change should be reversed or the maelstrom generation from it increased and/or Gathering the Maelstrom Trait increased to 2/4/6 instead of 1/2/3 (This trait is very underwhelming at the moment). Or some other solution Overall I strongly feel that other talents should be changed more to make them viable, rather than crippling (7.1.5) the current spec to force a change.Shaká58 20 Mar
20 Mar Picking a legendary item to equip I have Eye of Twisting Nether and Spiritual Journey equipped. Yesterday I got Emalon's charged core. Should i take the chest and replace the boots? I know that Uncertain reminder is BiS for Enh overall. but I still didn't get it yet sadly Any advice on my current situation?Kharimm1 20 Mar
20 Mar Shaman race~ Primarily Enhance. Wanting to make a shaman. Primarily Enhance. So, which race would be best for that PvP wise. or, just animation wise? Alliance side, please.Éndi9 20 Mar
20 Mar T20 Bonus #dissapointment Is it just me being very dissapointed again? Most of us hate the pet as it takes dmg away from us. Makes us do less dmg overall. And now blizzard is again "inserting something in" us by giving bonuses to Fire Elemental and taking dmg away from shaman and giving to unreliable pet. Why I don't see a riot? want to hit like wet noodle again with T20?:D Seems so stupid giving us a way to stay relavant and don't rely on pet in 7.1.5 for damage and now making pet again the only way we will do damage.Dzestino6 20 Mar
20 Mar Resto 4set Is the 4 set bonus for restoration shaman totally useless or does it just seem like that to me ?The totem itself doesn't do much from my point of view asides from losing me a GCD. Any feedback from a decent resto shammy would be helpful - specially on how you incorporate healing stream in your healing.Thanks beforehand.Ellethar7 20 Mar
18 Mar Looking for alt Hello I was wondering of any of you could help me choose an alt. I really love the playstyle of enhancement shaman and I'm looking for a class that leans close to it to play as an alt. Any of you guys have some suggestions? thx in advanceGromulaen7 18 Mar
17 Mar (PvE) Elemental needs advice I dusted my DH to do some NH lfr and I was amazed. With full 855 pvp gear, no enhants and BIS ring my DH was doing 350k dps. (it was my first pve gameplay besides lvling so I am a total nuub). I logged my shammy wich is 874ilvl. Switched to ele. With BIS legendary ring and 4 set lfr NH gear and with full cooldowns (no BL) on raiding target dummie i was doing 300k dps. I am nuub at elemental too. So my shammy has pve gear, gems and enhants and 4 piece set and i was doing 50k less dps than my pvp geared DH wich is nearly 20ilvs below?! I will test again in 3 days when I can equip my second legendary on shammy - BL helm. I guess then the dps will be equal to my trash geared DH... (and ilvl difference will be 25). Oh and my shammy fist is lvl 37 and my dh has just lvled his third golden trait... WTH is wrong with this imbalance? Yes DH has 5 buttons"rotation" with 3 dps cooldowns while elemental (icefury) is using like 10 spells but from gear and ilvl I expected at least 100k dps difference in favour of ele.... When I get 4 set ro my DH and i equip proper pve gear with good secondary stats dps difference will be huge... So tell me, as much as I love shammy why should I bother to play dps when dps is trash, rotation is complex and not that much rewarding (I made sure to use elemental blast asap and apply flame shock allways with buff. I never let lava burst get to two charges and I was making mistakes with only icefury and frost shocks). Enhansement is the same. Too much rng to even consider it. You can get 500k and you can as well do 300k dps... So how you guyz manage to be competative and be a part of a raid as dps? So far I am only pugging as resto and now I am really afraid to join NH with 880 ilvl ele shammy just ro do 300k dps... Obviously I need some advice :)Oogabooga23 17 Mar
17 Mar T20 enha Im just curious about how t20 4p will work in with ss. Since SS is a 2-hit attack will it proc 2 stacks if both crit or is it just the main hand crit that counts?Kinkycake0 17 Mar