Warlock

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
13 May EU warlock feedback thread Edit: This post has been updated to 7.2.5 ptr feedback. If there is anything you think should be mentioned here, please feel free to leave a comment. Hello fellow warlocks, I've seen the Q&A and the question about warlocks. The devs noticed that warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class and they said that they are trying to figure out what the exact problems are and they're watching the forums now. However, they noticed that most posts are about "Reroll, quit game, gj ruining it blizz" So now that the devs are looking for feedback, let's take this opportunity to give them clear feedback. I will summarize the feedback given below. Simple rules: - Tell us your main warlock spec - 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now. - Be realistic and keep it short and simple - No cry or rage posts. - If someone writes something unrelated or makes a not appreciated post, click the dislike button so we can easily filter out those unwanted posts. Summarized Feedback starts here: WARLOCK IN GENERAL Demonic Circle The #1 mentioned thing about warlock in general is that Demonic Circle is a must as a baseline ability. Demonic circle feels very out of place in the CC talent row where we have to choose a... CC.. not a mobility spell. We are more tanky casters, so no, we don’t have to be mobile like mages, but we need to have at least 1(!!) gap maker ability. Demonic Circle was the perfect ability to fill this place. We need something to ‘’reset’’ the fight from time to time, especially in this meleeheavy meta. Demonic gateway is our only baseline mobility spell right now and is not a viable option. It has a 3 sec cast time, it feels clunky and is only available every 1.5 min. It only really works in arenas, is often called more of a a bother than a valuable in Raid & dungeon content, and it is also very clunky to use in bgs. Burning Rush should a baseline ability Locks have a hard time in M+ content because we don't have a mobility spell to keep up with the other classes who all have at least 1. This is problematic, because the group has to wait for us to catch up most of the time and in M+, losing time means losing chests (This might be a reason for locks to be rejected for M+ groups).Burning Rush is the only talent we have that can assist us in keeping up, but we have to sacrifice a defensive ability, which we might need in a phase that requires us to have one of these defensive talents. Also, this ability costs us a lot of health, if the hp cost could be reduced slightly, that'd be a great QOL update. Grimoire of Sacrifice The old GoSac allowed us to sacrifice our demon and gain one of it’s abilities. It would be really awesome to have this back again, because some locks want to play without a demon and feel forced to play with one, because we simply can't afford losing most of the pet utilities (Interrupt mostly). Bugs & Quality of life: - When 7.2 went live, the unique voicelines of the glyph demons disappeared, can this be fixed? - The Glyph of wrathguard bug was noticed and hotfixed, but this hotfix did not actually fix the problem. The wrathguard still seems to stand further away from raid bosss than the felguard. This is the cause for wrathguard not using mortal cleave, which results in a big dps loss. - The Green Fire cast visuals are not (yet) upgraded like the new normal fire visuals (around the hands). - Many locks love the old Malefic Grasp animation, perhaps this can be added when you pick the talent. Or maybe this could be made into a Glyph? - We used to have a glyph that allowed us to walk on water with our dreadstead, perhaps this could be reintroduced as a class book ability.Etainn400 13 May
21 Apr [GUIDE] PvP Demonology Warlock 7.1.x Introduction Hello fellow Warlocks! My name is sosseri and i've been playing Demonology since cataclysm and been a "top" contending player in the PvP ladder since MoP. Many have asked me to make a guide for a long time and I finally thought it was time for me making one. This guide is mostly going to be made for the beginner's who want to get into Demonology in Arenas, but could also be useful for those who are familiar with the specialization, where i'll get into some tricks you could use to min max your performance. I'll do my best to cover everything up. I will also be editing this guide in the future for coming changes, so be sure to check in again. (Updated for 7.1.5, 2017-03-20) DISCLAIMER: Talent choices, artifact pathing, etc.. that I guide through are experiences of my own for best performance in Arenas. This doesn't necessarely mean that you might find this fit for your experiences in Arena or other aspects of PvP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contents 1. Talents 2. PvP/Honor Talents 3. Artifact Priority 4. Damage "Rotation" 5. Race Choices 6. Macros/Addons 7. Tips/Tricks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Talents Tier 1 Shadowy Inspiration: Not a bad talent either, but it offers much more gimmick compared to shadowflame for Arenas. Shadowflame: Probably the best talent choice. Deals good amount of damage and is much less gimmicky in PvP. Demonic Calling: Gimmicky compared to shadowflame, eventhough this talent isn't too bad, could be an option if dreadstalkers were stronger. Tier 2 Impending Doom: This talent is very handy in 3v3 Arenas when you play DOT/ROT composition in Arenas and have 3 targets you want to use Doom on for faster ticks or compositions where there are no curse dispellers. Improved Dreadstalkers: This talent is more of a choice in a matchup where you want to focus less on rotting and have more single target damage. I'd choose this where you want to play double DPS and you have a short amount of time to get your damage and where games last shorter. Implosion: Not as good after the nerf that hit implosion in 7.0.3 + synergy nerf. Tier 3 Demonic Circle: Good against enemy compositions where you think you will be targeted by enemey team (mainly cleaves), very effiicient in big maps like Tol'Vir and Blade's Edge Arena where you have the bridge as an advantage. Mortal Coil: Good against Compositions where you think u wont be attacked for most of the time and want to peel more or just get an easier setup for a kill or cc. Shadowfury: Good in compositions where you don't have an aoe stun or against melee cleaves that you need to peel of for your healer that lacks mobility to get them of for a moment. Tier 4 Hand of Doom: Best talent in the tier, good all around all comps. What I like to utilize this talent with is spending less gcds on casting doom and trying to hand of gul'dan each target to apply doom, where I basically room to spend my gcds on other abilities while i Power Trip: This talent is good for an additional chance too regenerate Soul Shards, good gameplay wise, fluid and consistent in Arenas, i'd recommend it against less cleavy setups and compositions where you think you will sit a lot of cc (Rogue/Mage/X) Soul Harvest: Not an ideal choice for arenas, but can work if you are playing something that is more setuped based. Hand of Doom and Power trip offer much more in the longer run. Tier 5 Demon Skin: Best talent choice overall for you and your pets survivability, mainly due to soul link. Burning Rush: I don't even know what to say, I can't see it being useful anywhere. Dark Pact: Not as good after the talent swap on demonic circle in 7.1, the amount of absorption is great, but this will eventually kill your demon and be very annoying. Tier 6 Grimoire of Supremacy: Not worth going for, losing felguard Pet stun, MS and its less damage uptime. Though, Doomguard and Infernal have great utility. Grimoire of Service: Great talent if you feel like u want an extra CC with felhunter or felguard in order to stop CC. Grimoire of Synergy: Great uptime for the damage bonus, good choice overall against all compositions. Tier 7 Darkglare: Best talent choice overall, great damage and is much less gimmicky compared to the other talents. Demon Bolt: Not an ideal choice for arenas, very gimmicky because it requiers a lot of setup with standing still. Soul Conduit: This is a good talent in combination of Implosion, but not an ideal choice in its current state since Implosion got nerfed.Sosseri40 21 Apr
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
11h Affliction in Arena? Okay, so I haven't played warlock seriously in pvp since TBC(Old account, got banned). Back then we had to go SL/SL unless we had Rocket boots like I did, then Affliction was possible, less possible against Dpriest+Subrogues(impossible almost). I've seen alot of people talking about Demo. In my experience, Demos have always been good at survival more so than Affliction. I've never liked Demo though, I've always loved Affliction and will always do it. So I'm wondering, since now I've just done random bg since I got to 110 with this lock(Been stuck at 90 until 2 weeks ago). What are Affliction locks like in Arena, I imagine they are the same old die in 2 hits type deals. How do they handle themselves in 2s, 3s and RBG even? And kind of rating should I be able to get in 2s, let's say. And what comp is est suited for it? RegardsSupra15 11h
11h Rate the Warlock transmog above you! As the previous topic reached it limit. Lets start over again!Darrandor70 11h
20h Shadow Priest or Affliction Warlock? Hey, So I'm going to boost a new character. I want a DoT class and torn between Shadow Priest or Affliction Warlock. I'm haven't checked the changes coming in from patch 7.2.5 to the classes either. Any thoughts?Qeon15 20h
1d Warlock worth it? I'm thinking about leveling up my warlock, but I've seen a lot of mixed things about their DPS. What I'm wondering is if you currently think warlocks are currently viable and have good DPS? Will it get better in 7.2.5 perhaps? Also what spec is the best for dps?Lindab10 1d
1d Portal to Dreadscar Rift Am I the only one feel wired about warlock lore on Dreadscar rift? i am that we are the master of demonic portal. even DK got the his own portal to their own class hall... but man!! blizz why don't you give us the portal to class hall? it is suppose to be like this!!!!Mégazia9 1d
1d Healthstone Cool-down Healthstone are weaker than potions now so why do they share cd? and why do they not recover during combat for the WarlockLionsword4 1d
1d Blizzard and Warlocks I don't know one person who is happy with how Warlocks are played from a pvp stand point. The survival is an utter joke, from a class fantasy (which is what they said they would focus on this expansion) - Warlock have ALWAYS been the tanky casters, However when Destruction / Affliction is always the go to target in Arena, It's 100% the opposite, As we are by far the easiest to kill and this is because you've pruned us FAR too much and this prune needs to be reverted or compensated. Let me first "explain" the prune that has gone on, that has utterly destroyed Warlock and forced us into a position where we are either incredibly medicore / !@#$, or massively over-scaled in damage as it seems to be the only way they can make the class viable, as for some reason they refuse to do the unpruning process. Demon Armour - Used to grant us Armour, make us more defensive then normal cloth and allow us to sustain a greater deal of physical damage Soul Link - Virtually every expansion has afforded majority of specializations with this ability since Wrath, which gave us a static 20% damage redirection to our Pet. Health-Stone - The only class ability in this entire game that does not reset in combat. A virtual Nerf because Blizzard didn't want Warlocks to feel mandatory, yet this change hasn't been reverted since the Mythic Change where they wanted a set 20 player so every class is taken. Base-Line Portal - Former Baseline spell for All Warlocks in order to kite / peel and remove snares. Death Coil - Was Baseline for many, many years, and now shares the same talent line as Base-Line Portal. Dark Regeneration - Used to restore Health overtime and increase the amount of healing received. Ember Tap - Our main heal which became massively overpowered when combined with Charred Remains and Ember Tap Glyph, however rather then simply correcting the shard generation and stackable glyph, they simply removed it. Grim Sac - This used to grant us one of the pet abiliites, vs Melee you could sac Void Walker to have a temporary health restore like commanding shout. Kil'Jaeden Cunning - Cast on the move that afford us the ability to kite, and in turn peel ourselves from damage. Nether Protection - Used to grant 60% spell damage reduction for 8 seconds. Shadowfury (instant) - Now a cast time, and can no longer be used as a defensive peel. I think the prune has gone over bored, and honestly going on the PTR, our Chaos Bolt damage is huge, but its not FIXING ANY SITUATION. If our damage is overpowered, It doesn't fix the core mechanical issue, we will simply 1 hit people and be forced to be nerfed again just like the Focus Chaos Changes, and then we end up in the same pot whole as we always have!!! Honestly, Whoever is in charge of Class design, needs to be fired because i can 100% tell you, NOBODY in this game is enjoying their class (except BM Hunters in2s), Changes that need to happen on the PTR. 1# Demon Skin to be made Baseline for Destruction and Affliction. 2# Demonic Circle to be made Baseline and REVERTED to its old 2 button design, Not only did you talent this spell, you made it require a Macro to use correctly. 3# Entrenched in Flames now Baseline for Destruction 4# Bane of Havoc GONE - Bad design 5# Fire Stone / Spell Stone (Affliction version with Haste) - Made Baseline. 6# Soul Harvest changed to just a Shard Generator. 7# Shadow fury and Cataclysm merged!!!! 8# Focus Chaos Gone 9# Revert the Grim of Sacrifice changes. 10# Allow Healthstone to reset during combat FOR WARLOCK ONLY!!!!!!!Zyilus14 1d
1d Destruction Design i want to see Rain of Fire no longer costing a Soul Shard and generating 1 Shard per target it on the initial Cast. Fire and Brimstone being altered to a similar design to it's original one, a toggle ability that transforms Chaos Bolt into Chaos Storm, an AoE version of Chaos Bolt with a different animation. (imagine Druids Hurricane but with Fel Fire) Demon Skin to be made Base-Line Demonic Circle to be made Base-Line and reverted to it's old 2 button format. Drain Life to be removed from Destruction and "Soul Tap" introduced, which returns x% life at the cost of 1 Soul Shard. (Same design as Ember Tap) - This ability was very balanced outside of the Ember Tap Glyph and Charred Remains. No reason to see it return for Destruction. Separate Soulwell and Health stone. Soulwell should create a Well for "other" players to take a "Lesser Health Stone" which is slightly weaker than a health potion and does not regenerate in combat. Health Stone should be a clickable ability which does not need to be create pre-combat, heals for a greater amount than a Potion, and does not share a cool-down a potion. the whole idea of nerfing Health Stones because they felt mandatory in raids so you made Health Stone pathetic and share cool-down with potion is unreal, why not just make the player given Health Stones far weaker (i.e Lesser Health Stone) and leave the "Greater Health Stone" for the Warlock Only. Put these changes to the 7.2.5 change and you will have a FUN, BALANCED and COMPETITIVE SPEC.Lionsword3 1d
1d Warlock Spec Ciao, I have a Warlock about to hit 110, levelled using Destruction. But want to know, what's the best spec for rotation and dps, for high end raiding and PvE. I see ALOT of high geared players not using Destruction. Thoughts?? P.S, I apologise if this had already been made!Henr3 1d
1d Warlocks need improve survival??? Soul Link Baseline for all specs? Healthstone recovering in combat for the warlock only? Portal baseline for all specs again? Why do i not see this in the 7.2.5 "redesign" I honestly hate the class designers of this expansion.Zyilus11 1d
1d How about Dahh? Make UA Dispells give 22,5 procent dmg. of the dispellers HP. and silence them for 3 secs? How about dah?Pheanx2 1d
1d Am I missing something? (Affliction) I know that MG is being nerfed to 25% increased damage from 70% increased damage but a lot of the videos/guides are saying this wont matter as things are getting a 15% buff... Am I just being completely effing stupid but how does that even it out!? It's like a 40% nerf and even with the added 15% it doesn't go back up to what it was... EDUCATE ME. (Genuinely not even trolling) ThanksSurranis18 1d
1d Affliction vs Unholy Both specs have dots, which I seem to like. Both of them have pets, which I ... kinda like. To anyone who played both of those specs , which one did you liked the most and why?Balrod2 1d
1d Only 1 Warlock in top 100??!! Do you aware that only 1 warlock in PVP top 100 eu ladder? What is this !@#$? Isnt it time to RIOT!!!??? They put us in this unfair and dirty competition. And we are struggling to survive but this is too much they still nerfing this and that. We have a every right to demand pvp buffs!!!!Musallåt23 1d
1d Help me increase my dps Hey! I need some advice concerning my dps and my rotation. As you can see, my gear is fairly decent, and with dreadtalkers/hand of guldan/soul conduit build, simcraft tells me my simmed dps is 977k. However, when doing dummy dps runs, even fully buffed and flasked, I can hardly maintain 800k for a minute or so. When raiding, I can sometimes pull close to 900, but not for long. What I usually do, is pre-pot, cast empowerment before the pull, shadow bolt to 5 shards, doomguard, dreadstalkers (if they proc - ritual - I cast hog first to see if I can get 2 shards refunded, then dreadstalkers and hog again before popping thalkiel) shadow bolt to 4 shards, HoG, and service: felguard somewhere in-between. As far as I can tell, this is the "standard" rotation, and I've even gotten into the habit of spamcasting empowerment over the normal priority whenever I have 2 sets of imps out to trigger Ascendance, which usually raises my dps by 30k-ish, but nothing close to 977k. I know simcast assumes a perfect rotation, and a bloodlust sometime during the fight, but I'm wondering, is there anything particularly wrong about my rotation? Thanks!Grothlugg4 1d
2d Is warlock dps really bad in dungeons? Hey all, I took a break from WoW a bit after Cataclysm was released several years ago. At that time, in random dungeons, I was often at the top of the dps. Now, at 88, in MoP dungeons, I'm at the very bottom. As affliction, I was kicked out of a group doing in average 2.5k dps while I was struggling to do 1.3k. Mobs fall way too fast for my DoTs to do anything of value. I switched to destruction for dungeons but I hardly reach 1.5k. By the time I cast something (on a single target), the whole group of mobs is already down. Is this the reality of warlocks? Does it get better later? ...or do I really suck at playing my warlock? (Using the rotation provided on Icy Veins). As a side note, for questing, it totally rocks: my tank demon takes the aggro and I run around popping my DoTs, downing groups of 10-15 mobs without effort.Akarin7 2d
2d [Rend Soul] Affliction 7.2.5 in PTR, i heard that blizz nerf [Malefic Grasp] from 70% to 20% or 40% ( i am not sure). what do you think? i think it is bad becuase [Malefic Grasp] has very good link with [Rend Soul] our last golden trait, if we force to choose haunt from tier 1Mègazia4 2d
2d Amplify Afflictions What can I say? I love this talent. Anyone else want to see it as a main talent and not just a PVP one?Lacion3 2d
2d So, legendary ring? It appears new legendary rings are added: - affliction gets free deaths embrace - demonology gets shadowy inspiration - destruction gets eradication For me as demonology main, shadowy inspiration seems ok, but would rather like something else, like Darkglare or Demonbolt for free. Affliction and destruction ones seem to hit the spot, allowing embrace and siphon life for affliction and eradication and reverse entropy for destruction. Pretty sweet. What do you guys think? Also some people speculate its gonna be free slot legendary, meaning it won't take away the "2 legendary" rule. So in practice we will be able to have 3 legendary items at a time... remains to be seen though. list of all current rings for all classes: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/armor/rings?filter-patch=23910&filter-quality=32Beher3 2d
2d MALDIVA: What is he doing? He switched to Affliction at latest patch but he seem struggling a lot and started to playing other classes (boomy,dh) He is nice guy but WE as members of his channel watching his streams for WARLOCK pvp gameplay. IF he read this: "Please play Warlock. You are the indicator of Warlock's current state of arenas for many players who likes watching you." After switched to affliction he seem struggling with Warrior+Affliction. ALso Frost Mage+Affliction does not working at all.. Maybe he can try Shadow+Afflic? or Switch back to Demo? or abandon Warlock completely and go play Shadowpriest?? (Not boomy or dh please) What do you think?Musallåt7 2d
3d (Help) Low affli dps Hello, I need some help with improving my dps. All the links below. Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10850629/11/# Armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/nephcyte Stats - Crit 23% (6700) // Haste 17% (6500) // Mastery 107% ( 10500) // Vers 2% (1000) Artifact Weapon - http://ptr.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#lcjjcLJJJIhJABiYWiYUiYW (all my relics are 890) My Rotation - I try to use Terryns guide a guideline. My rotation is apply dots, 2x UA + drain. During drain dont reapply if they are about to fall off except agony. Reapply dots, 2xUA + drain. Keeping up dots between drain cycle, try to do it on the move and tap on the move. On any additional adds that spawn i put agony for shard generation. (2xUA + drains) if its prio add who live for at least 10 seconds. Always keeping dots on main target. I use seed of corruption if i get get it to spread to 3 targets at least and apply agony if they are gonna live long enough. (Atm i generally just use reap for drain cycles) And on harvest of souls cap, if i know i will generate more. Sometimes when i dot a lot of targets up i use it. I aslo only use UA in a drain cycle is that bad? Or should i aim to have one op all the time for contagion talent on main. I assume my reap usage is awful and that is whats holding me back.. I think my gear is good enough, with another class spec i would be able to do 70-90+ prasaes in hc easily and consistently. P.S. Is there a weak aura that screams in my face that im about to cap, or i am at soul shard cap. And another one for life tap notification that my mana is low. Could not find those on wago. I am currently using this as WA - Ipse's WA's - Warlock. And tracking dots by by boss frames, name plates. Some Rotation things I am not sure about, at how many targets stacked should i spam Seeds of corruption? Untalanted/Talanted answers please. Thanks in advance. Looking forward for feedback <3Cyreasa9 3d
3d Helping with invasions? Here is advice brother Warlock Enslave Demon. Your best friend. Enslave them and watch them do massive rage blows to their once before allies. Especially if you are Lowbie like me. Enjoy your invasions.Helbert5 3d
4d Ulthalesh, Strange development path. Hi, I have problem with Atifact weapon, Ulthalesh. I switched from Destruction spec to Affliction some days ago I started to pump Artifact Power to my new staff. Now I have it maxed to full (it didn't cost too much) but the last trait I can add was Soulstealer, nothing more. No Degradation of Black Harvest, no Winnowing etc. Besides this I was able to max my Soulstealer to lev 20 and now it increases all damage by 14,5%. I assume that this is not as it should be or I don't know something. Please look at this or explain me where I made mistake. ThanksIdacho3 4d
4d Destruction - A chance to kill a target Grim of Sac - Spell have a chance to deal x amount of damage Dimension Ripper - Incinerate have a 5% chance to charge a dimensional rift Soulsnatcher - Chaos Bolt has a 15% chance to refund 1 soul shard Devourer of Life - Drain Life has a 45% chance to increase its damage and healing Chaotic Energies - Spells deal a random amount of additional damage Soul Conduit - 20% chance to restore Soul Shard Concordance of the Legionfall - your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance Conflagration of Chaos - Your conflag has a chance to guarantee your next conflagrate is a critical strike The chance is realLionsword1 4d
5d Demon Glyphs Warlock Demon Glyphs Hi, Blizzard. I've recently leveled my warlock to max level at looked at their demon glyphs and read about them. But there is something bugging me whem i was looking around. For an example the glyph of fel succubus,it is not a new succubus but the same as before just tainted by fel energy. Atleast in my eyes it seems like it. So if their the same why do a succubus change name with this glyph? A bulldog painted green is still a bulldog. Right? So please change so cosmetic glyphs just change appearance and not the name. If it is like the glyph of the shivarra, sure change its name since it is not even the same race. Newly leveled Warlock who does not want to lose his succubus name but wants the new fel look. New demon= New nameLorsan0 5d
5d Order Upgrade : Seal of broken fate helping a friend with her warlock stuff, so she at some point can get flying, and I was looking through her order hall upgrades. How come warlocks do not have a "free" seal of broken fate upgrade like alot of the other classes ? Or am I missing it somewhere?Luccia2 5d
5d Buff Implosion Having 1 standard build for pvp is the most boring and tedious thing ever. I wanna mix things up again and implosion is fcking hilarious to play when its viable. Thanksßennafflock3 5d
6d [demo] 4-set with weakauras Hi there, For demonology I use this weakaura set: https://wago.io/E1VeoE0DW Yesterday I managed to get my 4-set which extends the duration of dreadstalkers by 4 seconds. I've been trying to modify the wakauras to display the correct timer, but I am unable to find it. Anyone who can help me?Apsychos1 6d
16 May Affliction artifact challenge bug Hello fellow warlocks I`ve tried the affliction artifact a few times following this particular strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmIILnbGkRE As you can see the guy in the movie uses his infernal to tank and spank in phase 1. Which indeed is the only way to come through it without having sacrolash. Now, if you watch closely the infernal taunts and Karam actually turns to infernal and begins to spank him, no big issues here so far. Apart from the fact that when you wipe the next try the infernal taunts and nothing happens and Karam chases you, no matter if you do nothing and spam Seethe on your infernal, it wont turn its direction to your pet. Which turns this fight into a lottery. Did your infernal correctly taunt? Good, you can now do an official attempt! Did it fail? Just jump off the ledge and repeat intro for another try... I can`t seem to find anything about this bug on the forum here, i`m the only one in the world experiencing this bug so far? If so, ill be on my way to the bug forum than, just trying to see what you guys experienced so far.Groentensoep3 16 May
15 May Looking for tips/hope for battlegrounds Hullo! My intention of this request is not to encourage another "warlocks suck" thread but to ask for help, tips, tricks of the trade, your experience and learnings regarding warlocks in random battlegrounds. Ive played many MMO's that have battleground, WvW, RvR style PvP. I consider myself a 'casual' but generally I do ok. I've been through "my" class nerfs many different times, playing classes that generally were considered broken or underpowered. Somehow I've always managed to make it work. I'll work around the class problems and find a niche, maybe its just being annoying, holding attackers off of objectives or something. That was until now. I generally like the warlock, its a 'relaxing' playstyle compared to my monk and I've a soft spot for pet classes. Theres something about the class that attracts me. But I simply cant make it work in battlegrounds (I've little interest in arenas). Ive tried mixing up talents, I've tried to work around the weaknesses, I've tried finding my niche, but I've never felt so helpless and useless with a class before. Once I have a melee on me, the best I can usually do is hold them off for a while before I eventually die. Two on me, and it's game over. Im at the point where if I have two on me, I basically give up and dont even try as Im out of ideas. I dont even want to win, I just want to feel that maybe there's a clever or skillful way I can escape. I want to be able to out think my opponents either in a full on brawl or if we're fighting over an objective. But I just feel I don't have the tools. If I felt I was outputting amazing damage, the typical glass cannon, I'd accept this, but I just dont feel this is the case and if it was, I wouldn't play the such a class (just preference). I really want to make it work in some way so I'm asking for tips, tricks, ideas, thoughts. I can't control what blizzard do with the class or overall balance, the only option to me is to try myself to make it work. I'm soooooo close to giving up and just playing my monk, but I dunno, I'm stubborn. So any crazy ideas or advice is welcome. Forgot to mention, I've been only playing affliction. The other specs didnt immediately grab me. Maybe there's some hope with them? PS sorry if this came off as a little bit of a rant, but I'm just completely out of ideas and admit to feeling frustrated but mostly disappointed because I want to love this class.Trionas2 15 May
15 May Which spec is more fun? In terms of rotation, playstyle, overall visuals? I wonder... I am a fan of meele combat, but want to have some caster time. I tried mage, but in the end got bored. I don't care, if a spec is not "viable", I just want to have some fun and some RP possibly.Galiard6 15 May
14 May Demo Warlock Primary and Secondary Stats Has Blizz put a blue post or a guide up detailing what they are for Legion? Any references would be useful. Not from third party sites, SimulCraft or addons. Just Blizz references please. Specifically for Demo Warlocks.Hakmetoodeth3 14 May
14 May 2 very important Destruction pvp changes Short post Conflagrate slows for 5-6 seconds Destruction can cast while movingI just want to emphasize the second point as I feel this can make destruction a hell of a lot more fun to play in pvp. It will be easier to get chaos bolts off, you can channel your demonfire on the move so people cannot as easily outrange it. And this makes destruction more viable in 2v2, which is a big point for me. At least then we do not have to constantly face tank all melee and ranged damage for us to do some damage back... It makes the spec so much more dynamic, the staleness is staggering right nowPreodek2 14 May
14 May 7.2.5. Affliction changes could be taken further! Revamps in patch 7.2.5 are underway. For affliction, there are changes coming up, but there is more, much more that could be done! Here's a list of issues and possible solutions. 1. Soul Shard generation: As voiced out numerous times in the forums, Affliction Shard generation feels very random. On top of that, Tormented Soul procs for the Artifact weapon are similarly random. Affliction damage heavily relies on the uptime of Unstable AFfliction and Reap Soul, and their RNG nature causes the damage to fluctuate in every encounter. As such, Affliction would be in need of something to smoothen out the randomness with a reliable Soul Shard source. For the sake of argument, let's compare to the other warlock specs: -Demonology Filler: Shadow Bolt produces Shards Periodic: Doom produces Shards. (Talent, Power Trip: Demonic Empowerment has a chance to generate a Soul Shard) -Destruction is reworked in the next patch to be more fluent Filler: Incinerate produces Soul Shard Fragments in the next patch Cooldown: Conflagrate produces 4 Soul Fragments on cast Periodic: Immolate produces Soul Fragments Affliction: Perodic: Agony randomly produces Soul Shards (On kill: Drain Soul and Unstable Affliction generates Soul Shards) Affliction would then be the only spec without a reliable filler, and completely RNG shard generation. In many ways, it would make so much sense if Drain Soul contributes to Soul Shard generation. Suggestion: -Drain Soul damage generates Soul Fragments. 10 Fragments make up one Soul Shard. -Rate at which Agony generates Soul Shards is correspondingly decreased. This way, also Affliction would have a reliable Shard generation from a filler spell. Not to mention that the very name of the spell (Drain Soul) would suggest that it should generate Shards. Furthermore, if Drain Soul generates Soul shards, Affliction single target damage would naturally go up, a change that would be welcome. 2. Absolute Corruption Over the years, mechanisms that would prolong the duration of damage over time effects have come and gone. Even Drain Life used to refresh DoTs on the enemy some expansions ago, but that effect was removed. The reason being, the DoTs that are iconic to Affliction are actually never cast after the initial application. Let's look at Absolute Corruption. It makes Corruption an idle spell which is cast once, still reserving a slot in the spellbars but otherwise remaining a passive damage on enemies. Absolute Corruption has a role in PvP, but that does not justify it being a PvE talent. Suggestion: -Move Absolute Corruption to PvP talents. -Siphon Life takes the place of Absolute Corruption. This way, Corruption remains as a meaningful spell in the Warlock cast bar. In contrast, a player who wishes to specialize on DoT spells can pick Siphon Life from this tier. On level 30 tier, Siphon Life would be the ideal choice for more-than-one but still few target encounter, while Contagion shines in single target, Empowered Life Tap in multitarget / quick add kill encounters. Also importantly, this change lets players pick Siphon Life much earlier. 3. Level 100 talents: Replacement talent for Soul Effigy Soul Effigy is about to be removed in the next patch, and another talent - 'Death's Embrace' - would take its place. While Soul Effigy being gone might be welcome to many, the substitute talent is, frankly, quite boring passive talent: Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, and Phantom Singularity to deal up to 50% increased damage to targets below 35% health. In other words, Death's Embrace is a flat damage increase on low health targets, without influencing gameplay in any significant manner. More would be expected from a last tier talent. Let's have a look at Soul Effigy. What it did was have more DoT spell casts for a spec that is all about DoT. What it also did was being a clumsy spell that you ideally cast once per fight, after which it was an idle button in your cast bar. The replacement talent should give more DoT spell casts for the warlock, while continuing to be fluent. There is a simple solution: have DoTs last shorter while doing the same damage in that time. Suggestion: -Death's Embrace reworked: Corruption, Agony, and Siphon Life deal their damage 20% faster. The talented Corruption lasts 11.67 sec, Agony 15 sec, and Siphon Life 12.5 sec. Over this time, each spell ticks the same number of times as their untalented counterparts - that is, they tick 20% faster. The DoTs need to be cast more frequently with the gain of increased DPS from those DoTs, suiting those players who wish to specialize in DoT spell casts. 4. Level 100 talents: New talent As agreed by many, Siphon Life is odd to have as late as level 100. If Siphon Life is moved from level 100 talents to the level 30 tier (as proposed in Suggestion #2), there is a spot for a new talent. Suggestion: New level 100 talent, Soul Burn: Consume 1 Soul Shard to empower the following spells for 12 seconds: - Empowered Drain Soul: Channels 25% faster - Empowered Unstable Affliction: Lasts 25% longer - Empowered Corruption: Casting Corruption also inflicts Deep Corruption on the target. It deals 125% Spellpower damage over 14 seconds. (Damage increased by Mastery) - Empowered Seed of Corruption: Deals 25% more damage Note that unlike Soul Burn in earlier expansions, this spell does not expire on casting an empowered spell. Soul Burn has two main effects: it effectively increases the damage of Corruption by 50% and Unstable Affliction / Seed of Corruption by 25% cast during the Soul Burn buff. Since Corruption lasts 14 seconds and can be cast twice during Soul Burn for a full 28 second duration, and shards required to cast Unstable Affliction accumulate slowly, it would not make sense to have a full uptime on Soul Burn for its Soul Shard cost. The Drain Soul boost alone is not enough. Rather it would be used when its effects can be best exploited - just like Soul Burn: Haunt used to play. 5. Golden Artifact Trait: Wrath of Consumption Wrath of Consumption has been disapproved a lot by many warlocks. Under the very right circumstances - when a lot of adds are spawning in an encounter - the trait is incredibly strong, giving outright 20% damage boost to the warlock. On the other hand, in PvP, or those boss encounters with no adds whatsoever, the trait remains completely useless. An idea of a Shadow Scythe was suggested by the player Wymb, and it does sound cool. Inspired by that: Suggestion: Rework the artifact trait Wrath of Consumption: Reap Soul empowers your next damaging single-target spell, causing a Shadowy Scythe to slash the target for 10% spellpower Shadow damage for each Tormented Soul consumed. Simple single-target burst, useful in any situation. *** TL;DR summary Have Drain Soul damage generates a Soul Fragment. More consistent shard generation and better single target damage. Move Absolute Corruption to PvP talents. Siphon Life replaces Absolute Corruption at level 30 talents. Less idle spells in castbar, Siphon Life accessible earlier. New level 100 talent, Death's Embrace, redesigned: Agony, Corruption, and Siphon Life deal their damage 20% faster. Playstyle: more frequent DoT casts for more DPS. New level 100 talent, Soulburn. For 1 Soul Shard, Empowers Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Drain Soul, and Seed of Corruption for 12 seconds. An alternative way to change the playstyle, more close to how Soulburn:Haunt used to work Artifact Trait, Wrath of Consumption, redesigned for single-target burst when using Reap Soul. More consistently useful trait. As always, would love to hear what you think.Archowitz7 14 May
14 May Imps not visible to other players So i was sitting next to a mate, IRL, the other day during raid. I played as demonology, and i noticed that on his screen he couldnt see my imps firebolts nor the imps. (Why the hell cant her see the imps?!?) felt so freaking unsatisfying.... I want other people to see how cool and epic it looks when my 300 imp bolts flies through the air. it's like driving a Bugatti but to other people it just looks like a Citroen C1... The same issue on my mage; arcane orb barely visible, arcane missiles on my screen sometimes fires multiple shots in very Short time, on his screen i look like a god damn lvl 15 mage, with minus 50% haste and 3 second between each messile. What is the reason for this? I dont remember it being like this in previous expansions. Is it to minimize lag for other players? To me it seems very unsatisfying, and i think that when you Play an mmorpg, every player should see the same.Canessa3 14 May
13 May Fel imp silent since 7.2 To anyone who uses the fel imp glyph. Until 7.2 whenever I summoned my fel imp it had a voiceline, but now when I summon him he stays silent. His dismiss voiceline still works so it must be a bug. I send tickets about it every day. Is there a way to fix it?Manganis4 13 May
13 May are all warlock specs vaible? im a casual i like playing everything a game has to offer pve and pvp do i have to play affliction or is it possible to swap too something if im bored and do relatively well in terms of dps?Emberthemage3 13 May
13 May Grimoire of service idea Today i was thinking about this talent, i only take him for pvp (as aff) and never really choose him for pve. As destru its your "default" talent but costing a shard makes you feel "bad" about using this cooldown. so i came up with a pretty cool idea, in my opinion. Grimoire of service now adds an extra "utility" to your pets: Felhunter: devour now also dispells friendly target (like pre cataclysm), remove dispell from imp. Imp: Fire shield , shields a friendly target and everytime you get hit you deal X damage to the attacker voidwalker: Disarm, disarm the target for X amount of seconds (works on mobs but not Bosses) Succubus: Aoe Stun Usually im against passives but this passive talent would add extra utility to the lock class. Thoughts?Jinsk2 13 May
13 May Chaos bolt cast update? I don't know if I am the only destruction player that notices this, but Chaos Bolt is quite outdated. The model of the bolt itself, the particles coming from your hands, and the particles coming from the bolt as well. In 7.2 DK's got new animations and models, just like hunters got improved shots. I recently saw the new warlock class mount. When summoning it, a new type of particles comes from your hands which looks really cool. In this youtube video, of which I provided a link, at 14:22 you can see the new casting animation for yourself. Take a look at the effects coming from the caster's hands. https://youtu.be/6Z4Kz6jAhaI?t=14m22s Don't you think it is time that chaos bolt got a new model, animation and particles, which are similar as your cast when summoning the class mount. I would like to open the discussion, since I do not see any similar forum posts yet.Nazgron6 13 May
12 May Entrenched in flames Make it baseline thank youZyilus0 12 May
12 May AFF warlock or Havoc DH I can't decide what alt is next, bit bored with main content, so its time for an alt, and I cant seem to decide. One caster other melee, I love how warlocks look and the lore its great, but DH seem so fast and look cool too, I dislike the long CD for Meta other than that, I see locks top bgs and they are hard to kill as ret, unless they are just bad then its so easy. And for WPVP, well any opinions are welcome.Buaby4 12 May
11 May Mastery RNG reduced in new Destro build. The PTR has a new version of our mastery where instead of for example a 0-60% damage increase, we get a static 20 plus 0-20 randomly. The average damage increase stays the same. Conflag shardbit count is also increased to 5, so two conflags fill a full Soulshard. Pretty good changes imo.Venger7 11 May
11 May Healhstone the item and Create Healthstone Why are they still two separate abilities? There has been a lot of pruning going around and it just boggles my mind. There's literally no point in not having just one healthstone ability with 3 charges. Nobody gives them to friendly players anyway, there's Soul Well for that.Alflord5 11 May
11 May [demo] mythic+ with doom legendary According to Icy Veins, implosion is the talent you should pick for mythic+. However, if you've got Kazzak's Final Curse, should you still run with Implosion or can you roll with Impending Doom?Apsychos2 11 May
10 May Affliction vs Demonology Due to my growing unhappiness over affliction in PVP I decided to follow up on a suggestion to switch to Demonology. I switched yesterday and did a few world quests to boost my Haste and made sure I unlocked the artifact to get the 5% and 10% damage bonuses. I first wanna get a feel for the spec on the target dummies, however I find my damage extremely underwhelming on them. I can easily manage 520k ST dps and 800k AOE dps with affliction, but with Demo I cannot even get to 300k on ST. As rotation I make sure to use Hand of Guldan as soon as I have 4 shards and Dreadstalkers when they’re off cooldown. And always use the Demonic buff after I cast either of them and use the artifact ability after Hand of Guldan and if I have dreadstalkers up. I guess either my gear stats for Demo or my rotation is wrong. I swapped all my mastery enchants for haste. I know my crit is probably way too high, but I don’t really have alternatives other than new loot I have to hope for. What can I do to improve?Melessa6 10 May
10 May Nether ward confusion What nether ward can and can't resist is pretty confusing. Specs/classes that can interrupt through it: Rogues, warriors, ret paladin, MM and BM hunter. (Makes sense) Demo warlock 'Call Felhunter' honor talent - DOES NOT MAKE SENSE when the standard felhunter can't. What can't interrupt through it: Survival hunter, shamans, mages, dk's and demon hunters (makes sense) and warlock's normal felhunter- doesn't make sense. Is it intended that Call Felhunter can interrupt through Nether Ward?ßennafflock6 10 May