Warlock

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
1d EU warlock feedback thread Edit: This post has been updated to 7.2.5 ptr feedback. If there is anything you think should be mentioned here, please feel free to leave a comment. Hello fellow warlocks, I've seen the Q&A and the question about warlocks. The devs noticed that warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class and they said that they are trying to figure out what the exact problems are and they're watching the forums now. However, they noticed that most posts are about "Reroll, quit game, gj ruining it blizz" So now that the devs are looking for feedback, let's take this opportunity to give them clear feedback. I will summarize the feedback given below. Simple rules: - Tell us your main warlock spec - 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now. - Be realistic and keep it short and simple - No cry or rage posts. - If someone writes something unrelated or makes a not appreciated post, click the dislike button so we can easily filter out those unwanted posts. Summarized Feedback starts here: WARLOCK IN GENERAL Demonic Circle The #1 mentioned thing about warlock in general is that Demonic Circle is missed as a baseline ability. Demonic circle feels out of place in the CC talent row where we have to choose between 2 CC talents and 1 mobility spell. We are tanky casters, so no, we don’t have to be mobile like mages, but we could use at least 1 gap maker ability. Demonic Circle was the perfect ability to fill this place as it didnt make locks too mobile without losing that ''tanky caster'' fantasy. Speaking purely from a PvP perspective: In this meleeheavy meta locks need something to ‘’reset’’ the fight from time to time. Demonic gateway is our only baseline mobility spell right now and is not a loved as a replacer to Demonic Circle to PvPers. It has a 3 sec cast time, it feels clunky and is only available every 1.5 min. It only really shines in arenas. Burning Rush should be a baseline ability Locks without burning rush have a hard time in M+ content because they lack a mobility spell to keep up with the other classes who usually have at least 1. Burning Rush is the only talent locks have that can assist them in keeping up, but they have to sacrifice a defensive talent, which is kinda sour and they might need it in a phase that requires them to have one of these defensive talents. Some argue that it should be considered to make baseline and that the talent spot should be replaced by a new defensive ability. Grimoire of Sacrifice The old GoSac allowed us to sacrifice our demon and gain one of it’s abilities. It would be really awesome to have this back again, because some locks want to play without a demon and feel forced to play with one, because we simply can't afford losing most of the pet utilities (Interrupt mostly). Bugs & Quality of life: - When 7.2 went live, the unique voicelines of the glyph demons disappeared. It would be great to see them return! - The Glyph of wrathguard bug was noticed and hotfixed, but this hotfix did not actually fix the problem. The wrathguard still seems to stand further away from raid bosss than the felguard. This is the cause for wrathguard not using mortal cleave, which results in a big dps loss. - Many affliction locks loved the old Malefic Grasp animation, perhaps this can be added when you pick the talent. Or maybe this could be made into a Glyph? - We used to have a glyph that allowed us to walk on water with our dreadstead, perhaps this could be reintroduced as a class book ability.Etainn428 1d
21 Apr 2017 [GUIDE] PvP Demonology Warlock 7.1.x Introduction Hello fellow Warlocks! My name is sosseri and i've been playing Demonology since cataclysm and been a "top" contending player in the PvP ladder since MoP. Many have asked me to make a guide for a long time and I finally thought it was time for me making one. This guide is mostly going to be made for the beginner's who want to get into Demonology in Arenas, but could also be useful for those who are familiar with the specialization, where i'll get into some tricks you could use to min max your performance. I'll do my best to cover everything up. I will also be editing this guide in the future for coming changes, so be sure to check in again. (Updated for 7.1.5, 2017-03-20) DISCLAIMER: Talent choices, artifact pathing, etc.. that I guide through are experiences of my own for best performance in Arenas. This doesn't necessarely mean that you might find this fit for your experiences in Arena or other aspects of PvP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contents 1. Talents 2. PvP/Honor Talents 3. Artifact Priority 4. Damage "Rotation" 5. Race Choices 6. Macros/Addons 7. Tips/Tricks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Talents Tier 1 Shadowy Inspiration: Not a bad talent either, but it offers much more gimmick compared to shadowflame for Arenas. Shadowflame: Probably the best talent choice. Deals good amount of damage and is much less gimmicky in PvP. Demonic Calling: Gimmicky compared to shadowflame, eventhough this talent isn't too bad, could be an option if dreadstalkers were stronger. Tier 2 Impending Doom: This talent is very handy in 3v3 Arenas when you play DOT/ROT composition in Arenas and have 3 targets you want to use Doom on for faster ticks or compositions where there are no curse dispellers. Improved Dreadstalkers: This talent is more of a choice in a matchup where you want to focus less on rotting and have more single target damage. I'd choose this where you want to play double DPS and you have a short amount of time to get your damage and where games last shorter. Implosion: Not as good after the nerf that hit implosion in 7.0.3 + synergy nerf. Tier 3 Demonic Circle: Good against enemy compositions where you think you will be targeted by enemey team (mainly cleaves), very effiicient in big maps like Tol'Vir and Blade's Edge Arena where you have the bridge as an advantage. Mortal Coil: Good against Compositions where you think u wont be attacked for most of the time and want to peel more or just get an easier setup for a kill or cc. Shadowfury: Good in compositions where you don't have an aoe stun or against melee cleaves that you need to peel of for your healer that lacks mobility to get them of for a moment. Tier 4 Hand of Doom: Best talent in the tier, good all around all comps. What I like to utilize this talent with is spending less gcds on casting doom and trying to hand of gul'dan each target to apply doom, where I basically room to spend my gcds on other abilities while i Power Trip: This talent is good for an additional chance too regenerate Soul Shards, good gameplay wise, fluid and consistent in Arenas, i'd recommend it against less cleavy setups and compositions where you think you will sit a lot of cc (Rogue/Mage/X) Soul Harvest: Not an ideal choice for arenas, but can work if you are playing something that is more setuped based. Hand of Doom and Power trip offer much more in the longer run. Tier 5 Demon Skin: Best talent choice overall for you and your pets survivability, mainly due to soul link. Burning Rush: I don't even know what to say, I can't see it being useful anywhere. Dark Pact: Not as good after the talent swap on demonic circle in 7.1, the amount of absorption is great, but this will eventually kill your demon and be very annoying. Tier 6 Grimoire of Supremacy: Not worth going for, losing felguard Pet stun, MS and its less damage uptime. Though, Doomguard and Infernal have great utility. Grimoire of Service: Great talent if you feel like u want an extra CC with felhunter or felguard in order to stop CC. Grimoire of Synergy: Great uptime for the damage bonus, good choice overall against all compositions. Tier 7 Darkglare: Best talent choice overall, great damage and is much less gimmicky compared to the other talents. Demon Bolt: Not an ideal choice for arenas, very gimmicky because it requiers a lot of setup with standing still. Soul Conduit: This is a good talent in combination of Implosion, but not an ideal choice in its current state since Implosion got nerfed.Sosseri40 21 Apr 2017
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
14m Give us back Life Tap It was too essential to remove it. I am not feeling my class anymore without life tap. Being oom as a Warlock... It's way too bad.Stèvéns14 14m
30m 4 years on and Blizz still leave us for dead Thanks for the fantastic new animations, spell effects and abilities. Genuinely these are a great addition/ change to Warlocks. The problem seems to be that we have these improvements but other classes significantly outperform us still (in PvP). My findings so far is that Warlocks remain the dmg magnet for the opposing team. They see me and they'll ignore everyone else just to kill me. As destro: I don't get much chance to cast or set anything up. The lack of mobility or the superior mobility of other classes leave me without time to really do any relevant/ significant damage therefore letting my team down and not enjoying myself. As Demo: The damage is very small although we do well in CC, this is isn't good, though. The CC helps sometimes when trying to slow down the FC or peel but that's about it. Applied to attackers I'm as good as dead anyway since I'm so squishy and lack the mobility to get away. As Affliction: I spent far more time dead than I did alive. I try to remain at the back but I'm always out of range. I try to help team-mates but they'll all pounce me first then kill my team anyway. Sure I consistently come 2nd or 1st in damage done but that's cheese. My damage is being done while I'm at the graveyard. This isn't very interesting at all and the lack of survivability is demoralizing. Every other class has so much advantage over us, it's like the beta never happened. I played the beta as each spec and would enjoy wpvp and genuinely winning something like 2:1 against melee which blew my mind. Now I can't even fight off a hunter or a mage... Any (serious) tips here or is everyone experiencing similar things?Abacabb3 30m
30m Warlocks running out of mana? Hey, i would like to address that Life Tap is gone, and i really like it. But in duels and BG's im running out of mana which is not geart. This happens the most in PvP, and it seems Affli is having the biggest problem with it. Drain life cost a alot of mana, but so do our dots. In multi dot situations this gets kind annoying, and in duels. Anyone else running into the same issue? Blizz tweeks please <3Coalawarlock7 30m
45m Warlock demonology : bad planning PROBLEM Doom - 30 sec, 2k dmg, dispellable, no doomguard(5%=0%) ON KILL only. Suggestion: Doom - 30 sec. 20k dmg. 50% chance for doomguard/infernal to spawn if it kills target. Limit to 3 targets. Dispel= refunds a SS. PROBLEM NO MOBILITY - unless you're burning Suggestion Burning Rush hp burned reduced to 5% per sec. Demonic Circle is baseline Problem Demonbolt 4sec cast but LOW DMG Suggestion Increase damage or add a dot or something Problem Imps are limited. A master summoner who has killed Sargeras can handle more than 5 imps. Increase limit to x2Retributor12 45m
55m How can blizzard fix destro warlock? What do you guys think, should they increase our damage outright or should they lower our cast time?Spectre16 55m
55m Anyone Happy?! I didn't have the chance to play yet and I am pretty hyped. After browsing the forum my hype started to fade. All I read is ppl complaining about all specs. I play since day 1 and mained mage for 8 years. Took a long break and came back making my rogue alt my main. Took another break and came back about 3 month ago and am now maiming warlock. Considering that I mainly PvP should I be worried?Thorgon38 55m
1h Demo: Wild Imps visual change petetion The new Demonology spec is really fun! The flow and visuals are excellent, however I feel flooded in Imps often! While I do like the little fellows, I think there should be a little more variance in the category of 'lesser' demons we can summon - my personal wish would be Bilescourges. Maybe a glyph that makes every third wild imp proc, summon a bilescourge instead. Same damage and duration as a normal wild imp, just visual variance :D Thoughts and ideas welcome!Shadowgrasp6 1h
3h Destruction New Animations incineration noun the destruction of something, especially waste material, by burning. Destruction to me should be wielding and swimming in fire much more than a fire mage, yet I feel like the opposite is true. The new incinerate animation is utterly weak, like chucking an ember from the end of a burning stick. To me it should be a wave of heat that destroys everything in it's path, not some flimsy flame. Chaos bolt again looks like a mess of polygons, intentional or not it doesn't move or form in a way that looks good at all. Why would the super large Orb not form in-front of you "Chaotically" rather than simply appearing from your tiny hands at the end of the cast. Take some inspiration from Black Desert's Sorceress "Dream of Doom" spell or something. Neither of these fit the class fantasy. I feel like I'm playing with matches and pulling rabbits out of a hat, not like a lord of destruction. Rain of fire is OK but again I feel like I can see individual squares inside the fire. It looks odd to me and I play at 4K resolution. Typically I've always felt the art was always on point and I like new stuff but these just don't hit the bar. Please review.Chemíi8 3h
3h What spells from times now gone would you like back I don't normally do these kinds of posts, but I'm curious given the nature of the changes in this pre patch. You can choose 1 spell per spec. Demonology - Demonwrath (I would've picked meta, but we're never going back there, so it's pointless whining about it. It's sad feeling fairly useless when you have to move, though I do intend to test a Soul Strike/Power Siphon build on high movement encounters very soon) Destruction - The artifact portals (It was nice to have something else to cast whilst you move about and I felt this fit in thematically somehow) Affliction - Soul Swap (Spreading your DOT's in a way that is more interactive and fun really appeals to me, rather than just spam Seed of Corruption)Atriohm6 3h
5h Rate the Warlock transmog above you! *NEW* Since the last post reached it's limit. Start with me :)Elyshal98 5h
9h Affli super Horrible for PvP Did anybody find any build that works? even my best set ups with Deathbolt do barely any relevant damageWhisperer18 9h
10h Affliction mana in pvp 30 seconds in arena and im oom, there is nothing i can do, i can't peel can't drain can't do anything other then jump around waiting to die. I hope blizz is aware of this and will fix it before 120 and arena seasons starts cuz if they don't affliction is not gonna be viable.Onfirè1 10h
13h How to use Nether Portal I love summoning as much minions as possible so I'm loving Nether Portal but I'm not sure how to put it into rotation. What would you suggest?Deastr2 13h
13h Doom Really? A talent that hits after 30 sec less than a rogue auto-attack and has a 5% chance to spawn a doomguard IF it kills a mob?Retributor5 13h
13h Fel Lord I think it is time we finally get this demon in glyph form. I find the 'new' model of felguard absolutely atrocious. The older model looked alot beter, more rugged then the shiny dumbass we have now. So please consider a Fel Lord glyph, we supposed to be masters of summoning by now. Controlling a Fel Lord should pose no problem for a demo lock. I got the new Fel Succubus to bad i'll never get to see that skin since I wont even use her.Deathnova4 13h
14h Warlock glaring problems - how can you release this? First off, all of these problems were reported in alpha/beta forums for weeks. With the release of patch 8.0.1, all warlocks can see what “few” have been reporting for months during the beta cycles. Other, new problems arrived meanwhile though in the form of number tunning since locks have been nerfed for 2/3 times already with no explanation or compesation. At the moment every spec suffers from the same problems in both pve and pvp: -Survivability -Mobility -Mana problems -Utility All of the above are or should be extremly easy to adress with all the feedback around, wich is now turning into more of a “meme” or whine from the warlock community after months/years now of extremly well constructive feedback (you have some threads with 50+ pages in both EU and US since the start of Legion talking about survivability and mobility). Survivability and mobility: Both are tied in some form or way in both pve and pvp, if you have mobility then the survivability, usually, its good since you can avoid damage wich is always better than “tanking and healing”. One of the least complexes problems to understand but still a problem since Legion. From WoD to legion warlocks lost: -Soul link baseline for all specs -Demonic Circle for all specs These 2 losses in terms of both mobility and survivability greatly decreased warlock survivability in pvp and now in pve. Throught legion affliciton was pretty tanky because of artifact traits increasing your main filler spell (drain soul) healing. In BFA this aint the case anymore and with the main filler spell for affliction going into Shadowbolt and drain life being a “tank” spell, wich is undertuned and has limit amount of use due to mana, we are now suffering from the lack of baseline movement. Demonic circle being a talent wich competes with mortal coil (both tied to survivability ) also affects both mobility and survivability. Soul link its demo only and we can clearly notice the lack of it in both destru and affliction, i would rather lose unending resolve and have soul link back , or a nerf to unending resolve and soul link added back. We have no speed increase outside of a talent that slowly kills you. Solution: Both baseline to all specs, simple to do. In place of demonic circle you can add “howl of terror” or even the old “shadowflame” slow. In pvp “curse of exaustion” should make a comeback too. Mana Problems: With the loss of life tap, warlocks now are the only dps class that actually goes oom in pvp and from what i’ve heard, pve too. This is just ridiculous for a class that never had mana problems nor mana was a resource (health was). I had games in pvp where i couldnt fear nor drain life wich feels extremly unfun. Solution: Life tap back, no not lower mana costs or higher regen… the spell is iconic and adds to the fantasy of “sacrificing something to be more powerful”, you dont like it? Well reroll then cause its part of the lock class fantasy. Utility: While we do have a battle rez, its casted. While we do have HS, they share cd with pots. While we do have summons, you have summoning stones. So we bring nothing new really. Solution: Curse of elements wich up until WoD was in game since vanilla, needs to comeback as an ACTIVE debuff wich we CHOOSE to apply, this would add some utility to the class and actually have a curse outside of pvp talents.Jinsk8 14h
14h I think the joke went too far https://youtu.be/DOJ_4Tn1YbA?t=2294 3 years it's time to stop Ion.Spectre2 14h
15h The problem with Demonology.... Demo is cool. The playstyle is awesome the effects are superb. BUT if you look closely to all the demo spells...... none of them are instant... When you do your rotation its casting, casting, casting, casting etc. Like seriously? XD Might as well changed Unending Resolve into a cast time while you're at it. So for moblity, 0/10. Even all specs of mages have instant casts. My solution to fixing that? - Hand of Gul'dan: Instant - Demonic Tyrant: Instant - Summoning Vilefiend talent: Instant - Netherportal: Instant (as a general rule of thumb, big cooldowns should NOT have a cast time and should be instant. seriously....) - Shadowfury: Instant (with a 1minute cooldown it should be fair to be instant since locks don't have alot of survivability.) Then after that, demo should have a chance in PVPJoeymango6 15h
15h chaos bolt visuals is there a small unintended visual bug with the new animation? it looks like some part of the animation flashes briefly in front of your char just as you cast it. best seen if you look at your char from the side and zoom out a bit.Fenrissa2 15h
17h Fel Guard not working properly When set on assist it doesn't actually assist at all sometimes, as if it was on passive. Despawning immediately when summoned sometimes. Axe Toss doesn't land everytime either...Warferno0 17h
17h Demonology current design vs MoP During Mists of Pandaria Expansion warlocks was more popular class then it is today for many reasons. First Each specialization had its own unique visual appeal: Demo had demonic fury and when was more than a certain amount of fury you grow demonic horns at your head Desto hasdinfernal embers instead of soulshards and when you had more then 3 embers your character had cool flame aura. Affi had standard soulshards but the more shards you had, the more intence visual effect was around you.This aspect alone bringed a lot of players to that class. Not to mention that Demo and Destro looked great after green fire quest. But back to the Demonology. MoP Demonology was not a simple turret spec... sure you could play it just as simple damage dealing spec but demonology offered a lot more to those who was wanted to improvise on battlefield. As the base, out of Metamorphosis your damage was mediocre at best, and you had to build you fury metter to gain access for such abilities like "demonic Leap", "Carrion Swarm" and ETC. Most of your abilities were changed when you was in Meta, like you shadow bolt was changed in "touch of chaos" an insta-cast spell, hand of Gul'dan was changed in "chaos wave", your Shadowflame changed in "Carrion Swarm" ETC. Demonology was not so friendly for newcomers, it was not so hard to study as Blizzard said in the past, in most awful Q&A. But it was not so easy to master. But it had a multilayer mechanics, and multiple gameplay choises outside of talents and your pets. Just for and simple example, if i had good amount of demonic fury and i could not just use Metamorphosis to damage my enemies but i could use my abilities to escape. like if some one was close to me, i could use Metamorphosis, then Carrion Swarm to knocks my enemies away, and then use demonic leap to jump away.Choises was not only in Metamorphosis gameplay, your demons was useful, all in each side, even voidwalker - this blue blob had the most useful ability vs melee - disarm. Your Felguard or Wrathguard was stable and reliable pet for splash damage and aoe, plus stun from axe toss. Your succubus or Shivarra (my dear shivarra), inflicted greater burst damage than fel/wrathguard and she was the most annoying controller in the game. Your voidwalker was your anti-melee pet... well he had it's usfulnes, but he was more situational. Your felhunter or observer well pretty straightfoward ani-caster pet. Imp was more like safe range damage dealer, that provided little health buff and could purge some magic effects. I used all my demons, despite my prefferences with Shivarra, i used them all. Not only because they was usefull in they each way, but because warlcok had ability that allowed to summon your demons instantly. Demonology warlock was not the tankiest spec in the game (outside of glyph of Dark Apotheosis... this thing was clearly OP but we will come back later to this thing) in the way like most of people think, demonology had tools to stop enemy damage - CC, Demon's CC, and healing spells. All demo shields was not so effective. But you had incredibly useful talents like "Blood Fear" or "Kil'jaeden's Cunning". These was talents that hepled in diffirent situations, your main defence spels was baseline. Like on live servers demo...well the warlock in general needed some preparation befer the fight, like demonic gateway and demonic circle, but in MoP this spells was useful not because melee classes had less mobility, no! Because warlock had tools to stand his ground. And unlike today demonology iteration, if your enemy tried to flee, you had tools to catch up to him... sadly but now, if you started to win your fight, your enemy can just ran away and you will never catch him. And here we will start the saddest part... Demonology on live servers. Well where should i start? Well let's just say that demonology is terribly slow, predictable and narrow minded specialisation. In BFA developers changed damage dealing mechanics of the spec but in it's core it still Legion monstrosity. We lost our main escape spell Demonic circle...well it was added as talent, we don't have any spells/demons/talents to punish melee, we still could use felhunters to interupts casters... not all hope are lost. We don't have good insta-cast spells, while our mobility and escape was nerfed, our shields that Devs are so praising cannot save us, because our control/escape and damage(i hole only in pre patch) are no longer relevant in this game. We have lost all our tools to improvise, in some ways warlocks have lost their identity. Right now Demolock suffers not only from developers incomprehension of class/spec itself, but also from the limitations of the game engine. Demons get stuck in the middle of nowhere They could not jump over some terrain, so they run around by wasting timeBecause of ammount of demons, warlock get stuck in combat (Healthstone doesn't start CD, you could not fast run from combat ETC... link for my previous post -> https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620572190#post-1 ) Current Demonology is awesome spec in paper, but in the game it not compedetive is other classes or specialisations. P.S. Instead of removing MoP/WoD Demonology and replacing it with Legion version, Blizz should make one of them as 4th Spec. Yes, 4th spec for lock is additional pain in the !@#$ for balance team, and 4th damage spec is a slightly overkill, but in class fantasy of warlocks have roon for that. And MoP demonology was live evedence is how awesome and engaging wold of warcraft classes were and could been. It is sad to see that amazing Metamorpsohis gemeplay was sacraficed to bring Demon hunters in game. I don't hate DH for that, but is painful to see, that their Metamorphosis is just fancy damage cooldown, while Demonology Meta was a solid gameplay mechanic.Mêphâlâ9 17h
19h Give us Life Tap back! I mean what the fel! Blizzard just removed our biggest class-defining ability that persisted through all DLCs since vanilla. A unique spell that sacrificed our own life and gave us mana in return, one of the most interesting tools that defined this class in first place. High on health and low on mana? Life tap. Want to fill up some mana while draining life to refil your hp after that? Life tap. Just want to kill yourself faster or annoy your healer(s)? Life tap. Now what? We have a huge mana cost on Fear and Drain Life (it costs twice as much mana per TICK than any other offensive spell). We also don't have any other way to regain mana and passive -in combat- regen is horrible. This is why I am saying that we shall get Life Tap back. I don't care about your PvE minigames and stupid arguments "it doesn't feel good in rotation" well, that's your problem that you can't manage a GCD during some movement phases. It fits pretty well, but how are you supposed to play now when you get out of mana or want to do PvP? You can't fear enough, you can't drain enough and you will get out of mana while other healers and casters just laugh at you. To people who agree with removal of Life Tap I might aswell suggest that Demon shall be removed too (and it seems it will at least for PvE for sacrifice talent) and our class shall be renamed in Mage 2. Make Life Tap great again!Ellenia2 19h
20h New Demo PVP Im at a minority thinking that new demo in pvp is just plain bad? I get that they improved "class fantasy" into summoning demons and all that stuff but the way it plays in pvp jesus christ, like there are a few reasons: - No Demonwrath - No Thalkiels for potential burst - Doom dispellable, 30 seconds and cant re-apply it - Fear 15% mana - Fel Lord doing no dmg at all (don't know if pre-patch) - 0 killing potential I used to love Demo and got 2650 in legion but i hate it right now, Affliction on the other side seems to have more tools, rot and kill potential. Wondering how everyone is feeling about this.Stayk4 20h
22h Dark Iron Dwarves with Fel Fire Hair/Beards Just putting the idea out there. Chances are they'll be able to be Warlocks since their clan was how playable Dwarves were able to become Warlocks in the first place. Imagine if those Dark Iron Dwarf Warlocks who completed the green fire quest line found that their fiery hair had become fel green also. Be pretty cool no?.....I mean hot.Faolanhart2 22h
23h No combat stance for Warlocks? I admit, started on a warlock after seeing how fun they look and play in BfA. 40 levels in, however, and I can't help but notice that unlike the other casters it seems Warlock doesn't have a combat stance. Is that intended, or are they aware of this and haven't implemented it yet?Linastra5 23h
1d Warlock Seal Of Broken Fate how do warlocks get seal of broken fate now from order hallMarybastian1 1d
1d Current Status of DPS Today I went on a raid (NM Antorus) to test the new class changes with my guild, and to my dismay, I could barely pull a reasonable amount of DPS...I played both Destro and Demo, anyone else experiencing something similar as well?Aethera10 1d
1d Demonic Circle Hey, Before this patch I used to have a macro that I've lost with faction change. The macro had the Demonic circle, Mortal Coil and Howl of Terror in it, and it would change depending on which talent you had selected. Afaik they changed how the Demonic Circle spell works now, with it having 2 separate spells, one being the circle summon and one being the teleport. They used to be in one spell before and you needed a cancelaura macro for it. Is there any possibility to have a changing macro like that with the new changes? And also, why the hell was the spell even changed? I read some discussion on US forums about it and people had points like "you needed 2 buttons for it" and other dumb stuff. What changed? You still need 2 buttons to operate it - Summon+Teleport vs. Summon+Teleport(IN THE SAME BUTTON) + cancelaura macroMeltzu0 1d
1d Summon Darkglare cd Why does not Summon Darkglare not reset after wipe / killing boss / boss reset. Is it bug or is it intentional. If its intentional than it will only push affli from progression since noone will be waiting 3min for reset cd.Parahw0 1d
1d Pure gameplay issues that still actual in BFA I will try to talk about some issues in warlock design in general but due my Demonology preferences i may touch this spec more often. Warlocks in general have many gameplay issues, bugs, and...should i say "design defects". Let's start with overall feeling of warlock class. Blizzard tries to show warlock as slow and tanky caster, but in real game, warlocks is deffinetly slow class in many aspects of gameplay, but they not tanky as blizzard want us to believe, and on top of that, warlocks are extremely clunky. We can start with slow aspect of warlocks. This may be more relevant to PvP gameplay, but it may have some problems in PvE. Warlocks do not have any mobility ability that do not require preparation time, exept burning rush, this ability may be useful in some PvE scenario but in PvP it's just a trash, in current meta, you will only help your enemy to kill you if you try to escape using burning rush. Burning rush in PvP suffers from it's actual design, lacking of slow beseline slow effects in warlock spell book and it mostly useless because all others class/specs ingame had much more useful mobility tools. Demonic gateway and demonic circle are extremely predictable in PvP scenario, gateway has long cooldown (minus affli PvP talent). Gateway and circle has casttime, circle places portal under you character, so it not wery useful when you were sudenly attaked when you was out of range of your previous portal or you just was caught off guard. Warlock even don't have any out of combat mobility bonuses like additional mount speed. Speaking about actual combat mobility, warlock is the only class that didn't have baseline speed increase abbilities...yes we has a burning rush talent, but it is a talent and in PvP it mostly unusable. This creates several frustrating situations. You are always behind your team - this is may not seems so important, but It harms the feel of the game as a warlock. All other classes has some ways to boost their speed or travel faster...like blinks, warrior jumps ETC You cannot catch up with your enemy - if you were in combat with your enemy, and he/she decided to ran away, you litteraly don't have any tools to hunt your enemy down and kill his/her. In PvP if you decided to be flag carrier, you cannot bring flag to your base as fast as other classes, you are easy pray for enemy team.Another problem with Demonic gateway and Circle it is a the need for long-term preparation. In current game state especialy in PvP battle constantly changes the scene, and warlock forced to waste some time to cast gateway and circle, just not to be in disadvantaged position, while other classes just jump in battle and have fun. Preparation was good part of warlock class design in the past, when class had most of it's control abilities baseline, but not right now. Let's speak of issues with defence capabilities of warlock (this will be mainly PvP) Warlock main defence ability is Soul Leech - on the paper it has good idea, deal damage to gain shields. But ingame implementation of this idea is suffers in PvP scenario. The Warlock must deal damage to the target in order to get shields, but warlock is hardcast class whom incredibly weak for any forms of interrupts, not to mention control abilities. Warlock gameplay are looped - deal damage, gain shileds, repeat. To further add to this problem, warlock main anti interupt ability "Unending resolve" has 3 minute CD time. Without any form of compeditive mobility abilities warlock is unable to avoid damage or sustain it. Any shields will be broken, and any gateway escape will be irrelevant due other classes supreme mobility capabilities. Warlocks even don't have any reliable healing tools. Warlcok has drainlife and health stone, but drain life are magnet for interupts, while healthstone is a just a mess...it has limited charges (sometimes you did't have any time to refill healthstones), it share CD with healing potions and could be use only one per combat, and has 1 minute CD out of combat... wow this is really engaging design of the spell!. Overall warlock can be not so bad it damage wise they might be actualy great, but design of the class is usually lacks of polishing and healthy attention of game developers . Class fantasy is great in terms of lore, but it breaks in gameplay. If class fantasy makes gameplay not fun, then it is time for some compromises to be made. I belive that if blizzard will improve PvP aspect of Warlock gameplay it will be great and may share some benifits with PvE part of gameplay. Have a nice day.Mêphâlâ5 1d
1d How can I improve my demo dps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB0-kLy8ubU&feature=youtu.be I don't know what I'm doing wrong, anyone could help me out?Spectre1 1d
1d Is the Demonbolt Proc Image permanent? I don't think that the yellowish proc image fits the warlock at all. It looks more like a Paladin / Priest proc. Why not a proc image that looks more purple and white taints/glow with 2 skulls flying like the abilities icon ?Skullmol4 1d
1d Latest warlock nerf, justified? Destruction Destruction Warlock: Damage and healing penalty for all abilities increased from -8% to -20%. Havoc: Single-target spells now strike the Havoc victim for 60% of normal damage, down from 75% of normal damage. Source: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/? hotfix build 27075 Damage and healing penalty for all abilities increased from -8% to -20%, this essentially means a 12% nerf on everything?Uríel22 1d
1d How do i regenerate mana with destruction lock now? i believe there was talent for that before patch, but now im stumped... i am no expert warlock, just curiousDamios8 1d
1d BFA Grimoire of sacrifice Does the new Grimoire of Sacrifice (from BFA) is live or not ?Crowzer2 1d
1d The new destro graphics Honestly the visuals looks insane. Now destro looks more "heavy" or charged. They seem to have weight. Like lava but in a twisted manner. Is even better with the green Xerrath effects. My only complaint is Incinerate. It looks like a small fiery snake. It should look more menacing and intimidating like a wave of firery pain. Not the case here. The visuals in itself is gorgeous but way way too small. Chaos bolt.... simply awesome. You can feel the fel oozing out of it, falling on the ground when casting. Just very slight complaint though. When the chaos bolt is casted, the tail of the bolt starts behind the caster and looks a bit weird. Now Soulfire talent is good that its there. But it's not green for Xerrath users :O and the graphics looks outdated compared to the new effects we have now. But all in all amazing, except for incinerate :/Joeymango0 1d
1d The new Incinerate looks like crap I really hate the new Incinerate visual. It's what, a quarter of its original size? It looks like a tiny impotent dribble crawling along the ground... I really don't understand what they were trying to accomplish here, it just looks awful in every way. They even took out the red colouration from the Beta, and I'm pretty sure they shrunk it even further since then as well. Chaos Bolt looks amazing, the new Soul Well and Summoning Portals look fantastic... why did you just give up with the one spell we use more than any other?Archaos3 1d
1d Demonology Warlock Damage... It's a joke compared to the other specs and compared to other classes. I really love how it plays but it's pointless to even play in PvE when it barely does anything. Can we please see a damage buff or smth. Also Drain Life could aswell just be deleted if it isn't planned on healing anymore.Bùrst7 1d
1d Battle for Azeroth PrePatch Opinion Welcome Tell me what do you think so far about state of warlock in the prepatch? Which spec do you consider as the best right now, and which is the worst to play? Any knows bugs ?Navysilan4 1d
1d Glyph of Felguard and Legacy loot in old raids Hello all I have since yesterday been enjoying the new playstyle of demonology, and desided that i would want to switch that good ol' Arcanite Reaper model on my felguard for a more modern weapon, with the help from Glyph of Felguard So far i have tried my luck doing WoD raids, though without getting a single two handed weapon. In fact, seems like all the gear i got was useable and equipable only by my warlock. So my question is quite simply - Since the update to legacy loot in raids, can two handed weapons even drop for warlocks, when they solo old raids? Mainly because if not, then i realise this is now imposible to farm weapon transmogs for felguards.Krounos0 1d
1d More nerfs for demo http://www.wowhead.com/news=285654/battle-for-azeroth-build-27089-hotfixes-class-tuning-part-2Necrolagnos13 1d
1d LF... mana Where is it? anyone knows?Jinsk3 1d
2d We wanna speak DEMONIC Cmon! We are warlocks. Make it even a questline if you believe it should be difficult. Just make it viable somehow. I already speak to my demons basically, they speak to me and I understand them, makes no sense to not be able to gameplay wise.Whisperer10 2d
2d Problems with dots on 3+ targets Hello warlock mains, warlock newbie here, after I got bored playing my frost mage I started leveling my void elf aff lock for bfa, now I'm lvl 29 and I have no problems maintaining agony and corruption on 3 targets, however when there are more I just can't click on the ones whose dots will soon expire because they are in one big group it is especially annoying in dungeons where I also accidently click on our melee dps and tanks. I am using default ui and no addons so I am wondering if there is any addon or key binding that can help?Alphaturtle3 2d
2d Demonology talents BfA - Soul Strike Played demo warlock most of the Legion expansion. I love the new demo spec but one thing keeps bothering me. Why we have talents tied to a specific pet? I can understend Demonic Strenght somehow, but Soul Strike? C'mon.... I want my spec to be more flexible, i enjoy rolling with a succubus way more so i can benefit from Pleasure through Pain talent, but i forced to forsake her just to have oh so very wonderful Soul Strike...on my Felguard. It doesn't even make sense! How a felguard with his pure physical damage can reach the delicate soul substance and succubus can not with her magic-type primary attack with a whip?! Even from lore succubus is specialised in draining away one's life force(soul, mana whatever). Please Blizzard, hear me and make it right, pretty please.Kuurø10 2d
2d bring back Life tap please the fact is warlocks spells are STILL expensive and now they have no way of recovering mana at all. ether just bring it back so all us older warlocks can be happy or remove mana all together so these people who /cry at the idea of paying life can play it and we can still cast spells . all in all, so far not impressed with current design . i spent 45 seconds in a dual with no mana unable to cast anything other than shard spells hiding around corners . pve will be even worse as its more mana intensive. what happened to these promises of life tap will no longer be needed? because the way im seeing it we NEED it we just DONT HAVE ITAzapha0 2d