Warlock

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
31 Oct EU warlock feedback thread Read this before posting: Most of the comments here are feedback on LEGION CLASS DESIGN. Feel free to leave your BFA warlock feedback here, but don't respond to old comments that are not relevant to current content anymore. Hello fellow warlocks, Back in Legion I had seen the Dev Q&A with Ion & Lore and I saw the question about warlocks. The devs noticed that warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class and they said that they were trying to figure out what the exact problems were. They said that they were watching the forums, however, they noticed that most posts were about "Reroll, quit game, gj ruining it blizz" (Nothing new. WoW forums.. amiright?) So then I decided to make this thread to offer us warlocks a place where we could post our clear and contructive feedback, so that we could assist the devs in filtering out the cry/rage posts from the constructive ones. Now Legion is over and BFA is live. If you feel like leaving some feedback on warlock class design in BFA, feel free to leave a comment. But please mind the rules: Simple rules: - Tell us your main warlock spec - 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now. - Be realistic and keep it short and simple - Please, no cry and rage posts.Etainn465 31 Oct
21 Apr 2017 [GUIDE] PvP Demonology Warlock 7.1.x Introduction Hello fellow Warlocks! My name is sosseri and i've been playing Demonology since cataclysm and been a "top" contending player in the PvP ladder since MoP. Many have asked me to make a guide for a long time and I finally thought it was time for me making one. This guide is mostly going to be made for the beginner's who want to get into Demonology in Arenas, but could also be useful for those who are familiar with the specialization, where i'll get into some tricks you could use to min max your performance. I'll do my best to cover everything up. I will also be editing this guide in the future for coming changes, so be sure to check in again. (Updated for 7.1.5, 2017-03-20) DISCLAIMER: Talent choices, artifact pathing, etc.. that I guide through are experiences of my own for best performance in Arenas. This doesn't necessarely mean that you might find this fit for your experiences in Arena or other aspects of PvP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contents 1. Talents 2. PvP/Honor Talents 3. Artifact Priority 4. Damage "Rotation" 5. Race Choices 6. Macros/Addons 7. Tips/Tricks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Talents Tier 1 Shadowy Inspiration: Not a bad talent either, but it offers much more gimmick compared to shadowflame for Arenas. Shadowflame: Probably the best talent choice. Deals good amount of damage and is much less gimmicky in PvP. Demonic Calling: Gimmicky compared to shadowflame, eventhough this talent isn't too bad, could be an option if dreadstalkers were stronger. Tier 2 Impending Doom: This talent is very handy in 3v3 Arenas when you play DOT/ROT composition in Arenas and have 3 targets you want to use Doom on for faster ticks or compositions where there are no curse dispellers. Improved Dreadstalkers: This talent is more of a choice in a matchup where you want to focus less on rotting and have more single target damage. I'd choose this where you want to play double DPS and you have a short amount of time to get your damage and where games last shorter. Implosion: Not as good after the nerf that hit implosion in 7.0.3 + synergy nerf. Tier 3 Demonic Circle: Good against enemy compositions where you think you will be targeted by enemey team (mainly cleaves), very effiicient in big maps like Tol'Vir and Blade's Edge Arena where you have the bridge as an advantage. Mortal Coil: Good against Compositions where you think u wont be attacked for most of the time and want to peel more or just get an easier setup for a kill or cc. Shadowfury: Good in compositions where you don't have an aoe stun or against melee cleaves that you need to peel of for your healer that lacks mobility to get them of for a moment. Tier 4 Hand of Doom: Best talent in the tier, good all around all comps. What I like to utilize this talent with is spending less gcds on casting doom and trying to hand of gul'dan each target to apply doom, where I basically room to spend my gcds on other abilities while i Power Trip: This talent is good for an additional chance too regenerate Soul Shards, good gameplay wise, fluid and consistent in Arenas, i'd recommend it against less cleavy setups and compositions where you think you will sit a lot of cc (Rogue/Mage/X) Soul Harvest: Not an ideal choice for arenas, but can work if you are playing something that is more setuped based. Hand of Doom and Power trip offer much more in the longer run. Tier 5 Demon Skin: Best talent choice overall for you and your pets survivability, mainly due to soul link. Burning Rush: I don't even know what to say, I can't see it being useful anywhere. Dark Pact: Not as good after the talent swap on demonic circle in 7.1, the amount of absorption is great, but this will eventually kill your demon and be very annoying. Tier 6 Grimoire of Supremacy: Not worth going for, losing felguard Pet stun, MS and its less damage uptime. Though, Doomguard and Infernal have great utility. Grimoire of Service: Great talent if you feel like u want an extra CC with felhunter or felguard in order to stop CC. Grimoire of Synergy: Great uptime for the damage bonus, good choice overall against all compositions. Tier 7 Darkglare: Best talent choice overall, great damage and is much less gimmicky compared to the other talents. Demon Bolt: Not an ideal choice for arenas, very gimmicky because it requiers a lot of setup with standing still. Soul Conduit: This is a good talent in combination of Implosion, but not an ideal choice in its current state since Implosion got nerfed.Sosseri40 21 Apr 2017
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
5d Warlocks lack of CDs in PVP Warlocks big cds Unending resolve 3 minute cd and 40% dmg reduction (if talent) Dark Pact 1 minute cd and sacrifices 20% health for 250% shield dark soul- burst cd 2 min cd Bring back Dark regeneration and ember tap heals for locks so we can at least heal ourselves as most dps classes can also heal rogues crimson vials shammy riptides feral hots etc etc and we have almsot none as destro other than drain life- useless and healthstone which you can only use 1 charge in or during combat and mortal coil which is long cdMerlìn0 5d
5d Felguard suggestion As I see demonology in m+ is pretty decent, but I cant convince myself to play it because of one thing. We dont have an interrupt. With destruction and aff you can just summon the felhunter and you are set, but with demo it is pretty bad that with the felguard you cant interrupt. The stun is good but what if you come across a trashmob or boss which needs to be interrupted, but cannot be stunned. Yeah I could summon the felhunter and roll with dreadlash talent, but that just doesnt feel right. My suggestion is to rework the felguard axe toss in a way, that it interrupts spellcasting when used on a target which cannot be stunned. It could be done in a way that it works only in pve situations if it causes some imbalance in pvp, I dont pvp much so I dont know about this. Opinions? Is it worth posting this in the suggestions menu?Nerhzul3 5d
5d Warlock, it's not a class It's an anagram given to when your play a class that goes to war and you get locked out your class because your not able to do anything. War Locked WarlockMaxeimus9 5d
5d Warlock arena sucks NO it is bull F,,,,,!!!!! Please do something about locks, I feel like I am playing world of roguecraft. You cant do anything as lock in arena. 2v2 when you face rogues, arms warrior any class you health bar melt down like you are holding flag in battleground.As affliction you wait like 3 min 100 stacks of inevitable demise you cant even survive for that time people are not stupid they do know that is stacks so of course they will interrupt or stun while you cast drain life. You get one shot by rogues arms warrior even you do you you shield and Unending resolve. What a nice thing we have honor talent makes you immune to interrupt with 1.3 sec cast time. Demo is only class which can do something in 2v2 but simply it does really low dps, you need to have like super good healers in order to win somebody. Please Nerf Demon Hunter it is impossible to Kill them they simply dont die they just go healer and dont care even you dps them like rogues going for restoration shamans beacause they simply dont have bubble or immunity and easy win Destro is worse thing to play 3 min internal to kill somebody and our chaos bolt deal like 20k dps even 15k , all class have almost immunity like rogues paladins mages, even demonhunter, we just have unending resolve 3 min cooldown they simply kill you even you cast it. It is so stupid to die a class when you have 370 gear other opponent like 300 ilevel and you die as lock to demonhunter wich have like 90k health but you 140k arena scales seems fair but why we then get gear do raids like 3 or 4 hours and getting one shot to all classOkaber6 5d
5d 90 Talent Choice Hi, Am I right in assuming that Grimore of Sacrifice is the superior choice in this line?Zexvzil8 5d
5d unstable affliction hi. so do ppl realy like how affli is atm/legion? is it fun to spam unstable affliction? what happens when you get out of shards and RNG is not on ur side and you spend half the fight without them? wasnt it better when UA was just a normal dot like before and we had haunt and malefic grasp/drain soul to had more dmg to the dots? i loved affli in WoD and now is just meh. i get out of shards and am like "nowwhat ?"Gulduck16 5d
5d Are Warlocks viable? Perhaps a dumb question, but I'm kind of burned out of my main. I'm here to ask up about them. Obviously I know Affliction is a very good spec. I see about 80% of warlocks I come across play Affliction and about 20% Destruction. But I've not seen a single Demonology Warlock in this expansion. And that's where I'm wondering: Are all specs viable? I really enjoy Demonology. I need some guidelines and mindset on Warlocks, tips and help. I'm already reading up on Icy-veins, so I've got that covered, I just want to hear from those who know the class at heart and can help me shape a path. Thank you very much beforehand!Selianna17 5d
5d What will be your talent tree in Classic/Vanilla? Saw this thread in the US forum and thought it was worth sharing. Also someone's comment: This is the reality of warlocks in Vanilla: Only warriors tank Only priests heal Only rogues, mages, warriors, and hunters DPS. Druids are there to Innervate the priest. Otherwise they can AFK. Pallies are there to roll blessings and AFK. Locks are there to debuff for the mages, give the tanks healthstones and AFK. If it is any different it isn't truly classic. Be prepared to spend a lot of time farming shard bag mats in felwood so you can store shards for your healthstones. Be prepared for having to use a phase shifted imp because none of your pets will stay alive in essentially any group content. Be prepared for significant debuff limits which means you can't put dots up or you eat debuff slots that the mages and rogues need. Be prepared for voidy being in an even worse state than in bfa. He can't hold threat and he has no health. Be prepared to spend hours hoping for a world epic to drop so you can get 10% of the gold you need for a mount.Soulbearer13 5d
5d Delete Warlock Class I cannot believe what I am about to say - but after about 8 years of playing mainly Warlock I think I am about to either delete my character and re-roll or just delete freaking WoW. So let's lay out some core issues we have as Warlocks, THAT HAVE NEVER been so prevalent in how you feel when playing this class. - Balance - so many might say - AFFLICTION is OP DPS SPEC. Yes that is far from true. Some spiking high numbers during BL does not make up for the dull gameplay, being outclassed by every other caster in the long run. Just check Uldir Mythic logs and you will see exactly 1 boss where warlock dps is prevalent. On anything else we are borderline bad or subpar. - Utility - only reason we get invited to parties. Summon stone, healthstone, CR (who the !@#$ cares about that since nearly every class nowdays has a CR ). Get 2 warlocks for Ghuun for portals and no other reason. Feels like mage during TBC. - PvP - I am not experienced PvPer - I have always enjoyed BGs and arenas from time to time - but as you can guess I wont step into any of these during current BFA condition. 0 movement, 0 survivability (literally getting 3-shotted through 3 defensive CDs with sacrificed voidwalker). - 2 specs that are pretty much not viable in any form of content (if you are trying to push anything high-end-game you will not be playing destro or demo. Face it it just wont happen). - Disappointing 8.1 changes. If these could be called changes. Like basic 5% dmg changes on 1 spell across each spec or so, useless new Azerites - with the only viable one being for the most unviable spec for us - Demo and nothing else. NOTHING ELSE. - And than finally. The final nail in the coffin. We get scrapped off being Zandalari. The only thing I was looking forward to - farming my reputation, preparing my cash for instant switch of my 3 different warlocks to Zandalari. And now we get this complete bull%^-*. I dont really care about the whole lore situation - people have stated these Demoniac zandalari and what not. The problem is Blizzard officially state something during BLIZZCON and than just ret-con it like nothing happen? Really? When are we going to get some love? Some changes? Something balance related? Maybe a cosmetic? Can I finally feel good about being 376 ilvl, rather than instantly getting denied from mythic+4 dungeon parties, because every other class at 376 will be more useful than me? Warlocks arise - it's time to do something. Be vocal. Flood forums. Blizzard are crossing the border once again. I want my class fantasy feeling back, my good spell kit or at least the new race to keep me to warlock (after 8 years of playing ONLY that). PeaceFeldoom47 5d
6d Destruction after Legion I don't like our over-reliance on cooldowns. While we hit hard during infernal/DSI window, our spells are so weak when those are on cd. There is no way to talent Destro as a more sustained dps type, which we were in Legion. Talent tree offer no real choice since 2 out of 3 options are so weak in comparison to the 3rd. AoE-ing in m+ also feels so bad compared to Legion Fire and Brimstone. While I think Cataclysm is a really cool spell we should have an additional aoe spell to use other than RoF. After the initial burst of aoe damage we have to single target Incinerate and Immolate. BFA also removed 2 out of 3 instant casts (Life Tap and Dimentional Rift) so movement really screws us over. Also, Legendaries gave us engaging gameplay which Azerite gear has completely failed to offer. Here are some solutions: Make Cataclysm and Channel Demonfire baseline. Remove or change Grimoire of Supremacy, increase shard generation from Incinerate, increase damage from RoF, make infernal a 2 min cd to line up better with trinkets and Dark Soul, buff Fire and Brimstone, give us another instant cast ability, and balance the talent tree better. I know that implementing all of these is unlikely, but any of these would be greatly appreciated.Schala2 6d
6d Laughing topics. Please add. yesterday I saw a 64k disc priest almost outmatch a 140k mage in arena. And before you say the mage was crap, he was like 1700cr. How can disc priest give as much damage as they heal? How can no class can beat a healer nowadays? How can non-magical classes heal so much these days?Soulbearer2 6d
6d troll berserking troll berserkingis going to be nerf 5% is 15% now will be 10% is what it is on PTR test server now, will troll warlock still be goodPikaboó3 6d
13 Nov Why does warlocks get salty at the start of an expac? Ok, we know that on the internet theres always gonna be the negative guy, who just cannot be happy ever. The 15 year olds that call everyone else kids and know way more about the game then you(and are more or less always wrong). The guy who firmly belieaves he is a god. and the guys grabing popcorn and looks at it all silently. But can we please make a litle bit more sence than that? Looking at the forums right now it seems that titles containing ''warlock'' + ''something negative'' is getting the most hits and comments immediately. So, from this its possible to conclute a cupple of things. 1. warlocks arent at the greatest spot 2. people are realy salty about it 3. noone is actualy intrested about what could make warlocks more mechanically intresting and instead look at topics that whine the most. And . . . This does not seem like the greatest way to give constructive feedback about the problem So, back to the title here. At the start of an expansion warlocks tend to be weak. Only to be quite powerfull towards the end of it, due the scaling warlocks have with gear. Placing warlocks on suicide watch and crying for buffs now might very well lead to massive nerfs down the line, I'd like to think a little bit more long term than that. To truly give good feedback right now would be to focus on the mechanics of eatch spec, and giving your feedback on those ideas. For instance I made a post ''Chaos damage for Demonology's Demons'' that plays with the idea of giving all summoned demons wc3 style chaos damage and pons&cons about it, etc. Just as and example. Thats the kind of topics I'd like to see more of, and hopefully have the warlock community focus on a bit more. So, to all warlock mains struggling out there. Know That warlocks tend to get better as the gear progresses.Rockara14 13 Nov
12 Nov Zandalari Warlocks - I feel scammed I recently faction changed from Alliance to Horde simply that I want to play Zandalari Warlock. Ever since the allied races were announced you have seen Zandalari Warlocks, even at Blizzcon but now they change it. I can't play that combination that I have wanted for so long.Rickay11 12 Nov
12 Nov Demonic Diversity Demonology. The master of demons. It'd sure be nice to feel like that, right? I feel like we're constricted to only two. Felguard and Succubus (for PTP) Suggestion: Implement passive effects that benefit the player directly for each demon. It will make it more diverse and actually fit in with class fantasy. What do you think? (Basically what PTP is but different effects for different demons) I just feel very constricted to only two pets and that is the opposite of what demonology is about, right?Balganath4 12 Nov
12 Nov Rate the Warlock transmog above you! *NEW* Since the last post reached it's limit. Start with me :)Elyshal320 12 Nov
12 Nov Inevitable Demise nerf Hey how does the new ID work? They said stacking the trait will reduce its dmg but how much?Aríl7 12 Nov
11 Nov Current state of demonology PVP [BFA] Just a small introduction. I've Been playing Demonology since cataclysm in Arena/RBG, achieved multiple gladiators/hota/r1 as it and I have seen changes to the spec for the better and the worse. First i'd like to say, that i'm happy with demonology from a PvE perspective, it sure has been an improvement compared to legion. But, I and many others (from the pvp community) are a bit let down with its current state in pvp, mainly since we lost doom as baseline (and has been reworked) and demonwrath. These were two spells that were essential to our playstyle in pvp since the big change in legion, both of them had big impact for sustainability when we had to kite. Now demonology feels very awkward and gimmicky in situations when you are focused/targeted, eventhough with the new mechanics with Demonic core/power siphon, which are supposed to be tools to be able to deal with this. Doom has also had it's rework, and in no way does it feel impactful, even when not having to deal with no decurses, it feels very insignificant. Also we've had a talent (honor), singe magic since launch of legion, which has had no use because for it to have an effect you have to summon an imp, and losing a felguard which is much more sufficient in pvp situations because of its mobility, defensive/hp pool and utility (axe toss, mortal cleave), it has a much bigger impact than what an imp has to offer in pvp. I'd like to propose a few ideas: Singe Magic, make it not be required to have an imp out, but increase the cooldown of it, because otherwise it would be too powerful for PvP. Doom dispell protection which we did have in WOD (pvp set bonus), where it granted demonic fury if it was dispelled, but in this case it refunds a soulshard or summons a demon to fight for you. Demonwrath as a honor talent, i'm sure a lot of people would be happy if we had this ability back as an option (read at top). Master summoner now instantly casts Demonic Tyrant and dreadstalkers. Fel Lord currently feels very underwhelming, Many probably wouldn't mind if it was at 10-15% per hit at this point, it has big outplay potential i.e ccing it, peaking in and out to bait cleave... Call Observer's Range and hp pool increased, is something that could be looked at. I'm sure I have many other ideas in mind, and these were just some that came to mind now and i'm going to constantly update it. Hopefully others would like to share what they have to say about demonology in its current state or warlock class in general. Thanks.Zoosszeri19 11 Nov
11 Nov Demonology Warlock 8.1 ptr In the current build up on the PTR (Public Test Realm), a few changes were made to the Demonic Consumption level 100 talent: Any imp that the Demonic Tyrant consumes now has a chance to grant you the Demonic Core buff. If your Tyrant consumes six imps when summoned, you have six individual chances to get a Demonic Core buff applied to you. The damage buff to the Demonic Tyrant from consuming the Wild Imps is now much higher. One additional note about the Demonic Tyrant: In an upcoming build, the Demonic Tyrant will also extend the duration of any demons summoned from the Nether Portal level 100 talent. If those are all the changes for Demo lock in 8.1, i'm done with this game. 18 gamw time days remaining, and the last ones. They should have made sacrificed souls, inner demons, demonic circle and doom basic spells. Revert nerf to Grimoire: Felguard Give us back Tha'Kiel's consumption in place of sacrificed souls. But nah, they just buffed numbers, we don't need numbers, we need interesting gameplay and viability in pvp too. Those PTR changes are the proof that Demonology will stay !@#$ forever, that's it for me, i had eough patience, from the start of legion till now. The rest of you who still hope for Demonology to become a fun and good spec that it was in MoP and WoD, i can guarantee you that this will NEVER happen. My predictions are, Demo will be good in pve dmg wise, still subpar to affli, it will be still %^-* in pvp, it will still have one functional build for the rest of BFA. Who like this flat Demo, good for you, you will be stuck with it for ever, who doesn't like this Demo, just reroll or stop playing this game, there is no hope.Manikkess13 11 Nov
10 Nov What stat is key for Destro PVP lock? I've read a bit of everything. "Intellect is the main one and that's that" . "Haste is the way to go, cause of GCD and cast times". "Best players in the world stack Mastery". So...what gives?Soulbearer12 10 Nov
10 Nov Do Fel Fissures health debuff stack? From multiple warlocks? Like with one it's 25%, if it takes 2 CBs, does it go up to 50% healing debuff? Also, does it stack with say...Mortal Strike?Soulbearer1 10 Nov
09 Nov Old Demonology as a 4th spec Now, before I start, I don't want people to think I don't like the current demonology, I love it. It's what I and most people imagine "demonology" to be about, summoning hordes of demons. But I would love to see the old Demonology or at least something similar return to Warlock as a 4th spec. I fits the fantasy, you become so filled with demonic power that you become a demon yourself, until the power runs out. Would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions for the name of the spec :)Gladí9 09 Nov
08 Nov 8.1 changes disappointing I thought 8.1 would fix stuff for destro, but in terms of gameplay 8.1 doesn't do much of anything. 2 extra stacks of backdraft is nice and all, but we're still stuck with almost 0 mobility. The talent tree might aswell not exist since its only 1 viable talent on each row. Wasn't the new azerite traits supposed to be more interesting than the old ones? Then why is the destro specific one so bland? It's not engaging or interesting in the slightest. It looks like destro will be just as one-dimensional in 8.1 and that is really disappointing.Schala14 08 Nov
08 Nov Chaos damage for Demonology's Demons I want to see what everyone thinks about this idea, to give demonology's demons chaos damage. In warraft 3 all demons had a damage type named Chaos, this damage always did its full damage regardless of defences. Demonology warlocks have had some trubble in finding a situation in where they shine, and I think this could be something truly special for demonology to bring to the table. For instance on bosses that have periods on near-immunity, a demonology warlock could still deal near full damage to said boss (near excluding shadow/shadowflame, more on this and why later). And truly shine in those situations, or if theres a priority add with high damage reduction. This means demonology warlocks have something unique and situationaly usefull to bring to the table in raids/dungedons/world bosses, And pvp comps. Now to why I think only the summoned demons should have chaos damage rather than everything, pvp. You can problary see why that would be an issue. Your target pops a trinket and you just ignore it, burst him down with demon bolts and your main demon while making your best troll face. However, having chaos damage on the summoned demons will still give something very unique to the fight, unstoppable single target pressure(unless full immunity is reached, like bubble) while your shadow bolt's and demon bolts still get affected by damage reduction regurlary. This encurages the demonology fantasy of being more powerfull the more demons you can get out, and increases the reward of actualy getting them out. I look forward to hearing your ideas and thoughts about thisRockara2 08 Nov
08 Nov So, can Zandalari become Warlocks or not? This is a very confusing topic right now. The website says it can’t, but the What’s Next panel showed that they can. Why there’s no official statement to clear this up yet? I really hope they can, that is really the only allied race I’ve been excited about to switch my lock to. I mean, after all they can be Monks, for whatever reason! :DXérfall21 08 Nov
08 Nov Warlock players on the edge of insanity Good morning brothers in fel and shadow! I mean, is anyone here? Anyone playing as a warlock? First of all, i'd like to talk about numbers of warlock. Legion, WoD, i could see a lot of warlocks. LFR's, Random dungs, BG's, Arenas. Now, i feel like i'm alone in the party, it;s so rare to see another warlock in the team. 3 warlocks in random dung? Forget it Second of all, mythic + invitation. I got the feeling noone really wants warlocks anymore. So many people are like: lf rdps p.s no warlock First major patch is, in my mind, chance for some changes, trying to fix current state of our class. So far, we didn't even get a new race in the horde that can be warlock( About Zandalari i'll cry in the another post) What about spec? Just cosmetic changes? Everyday i can see a lot of posts, yet Blizzard is not reacting on any single one. We don't want to play affliction 3rd expansion in a row, almost 6th year in a row. Yet no changes for demonology, no changes for destruction. Again, Affliction will rule for another time. WE DON'T HAVE FUN ANYMORE! We're paying for this game as well, yet.... we're not getting anything back. Hunters are getting so much pet updates, and we're walking with same imp for another year. Demonology? Bring back WoD one, Pandaria one, Cata one, WOTLK one, just do something with it So many thing that are wrong...Navysilan16 08 Nov
08 Nov Blizzard didn't make a mistake, they just screwed us It was not a mistake. From the very beginning since BfA announcement we've been shown that Zandalari can be Warlocks. In every single instance they came up, it was there. Even at this year's Blizzcon, it is there! People have switched to Horde, or started leveling Warlocks to be able to later race change to Zandalari. And it was not speculation on our part, it was Blizzard who told us it was possible from the start! And even then, we as Warlocks didn't actually receive any new race in BfA while ALL other classes got various options, some of them even getting almost all of the new allied races! The only allied race we're allowed to be (as Horde) is Nightborne, which was in fact released in Legion! We got NOTHING in BfA! NADA! So no, I don't accept what they have done now, coming and screwing us like that saying we can't be Zandalari! And of course I don't believe the silly reason they gave just because they lack the courage to face us with the true reasoning behind this change. We want our new race back.Xérfall3 08 Nov
08 Nov Patience is running out https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769639100?page=1 Let's live now uuuuh !!! *sarcasm* Blizzard make not needed changes, just to show the visibility of the work. like let's pretend that we are working, and change what thread is not necessary. All are just as good, and if people ask questions, let us show them these changes. In reality, it is simply ridiculous, then they will raise the damage to the bats that no one uses, then this. Soon they will change the skill to underwater breathing and say that these are really big changes. Already the patience is running out....Teemee1 08 Nov
08 Nov Dropping flag with gate in BGs Would it be to much to ask to NOT drop it when we use our demongate? It's not like it would be unfair. Druids and shammys can morph, paladins can now mount (I think), warriors can jump, mages can blink. And yes I know we can use ours portals, but not only they're not base talent anymore, but....but...I don't know what else to write.Soulbearer6 08 Nov
08 Nov Zandalari demoniac So the Zandalari have no connection with fel!?!?!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFaMntOsKh4 Check your lore blizzard: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac According to this they have potetial for warlocks and demon hunters! And could be even stronger then other raecs. Nice day to you all.Shoga3 08 Nov
07 Nov No Baseline escape It seems like warlock is the only class without an escape these days. Oh !@#$ spawned on you. Hope you have a gateway nearby or you specced into Burning Rush or That TP thingy. It works nicely in combination with the fact that M+ high keys are about survival so Demon Armor is great.Mcbuff0 07 Nov
07 Nov Ion: "Dont expect utility back" Their design philosophy is "if you lack something, just hide behind a person that has that utility you need, we ll only double down on strengths" (But we keep repeatedly nerfing chaos bolt and its traits and havoc so it is a chaos noodle so you have no strengths) Sorry but i dont enjoy a class only being viable when hiding behind a group of people freecasting, it is boring and unfun, and it becomes even worse when a melee jumps on you and makes you useless.Râlph16 07 Nov
07 Nov This week in blizz HQ Dev1: hmmm, seeing warlocks in pvp made me realize that they must be something we can do to make their exp healthier and fun Dev2: BUFF STAMINA Dev1: maybe bring back some utility like making circle base- Dev2: STAHMINA1!1!1 Dev1: or maybe bring back some defensives like soul li- Dev2: STUHMINAH Dev1: maybe some cc like blood boil to fight off mel- Dev2 : SHUT UP AND INCREASE STAMINA Dev1: so it be doneSelephius3 07 Nov
07 Nov new life-tap idea Guys how do you feel about this idea I had: This is a gameplay changer for destro which doubles down on the idea of sacrificing hp for power. Guys I believe I've cracked it for both pvp and PvE that this could genuinely be a very fun way to play. Destro locks have a new passive: Offensive damaging abilities increased by double the percentage of depleted HP. Haste is also increased by half of this percentage. So this means re-introducing life-tap and essentially playing a balancing act for more power, and also means you can gain real benifit from using burning rush too. It's dangerous, it's scary and down right OP of you manage to cast off a meaty buffed chaos bolt with 5% remaining hp before you die. In pvp you will try to delete as much HP as you can for a strong opener and use unending resolve to ensure a little bit of safety (it may need buffing to 90% dmg reduction for 8 sec). In PvE where heals are constantly incoming, you will be regularly suppressing your life for the power and speed of casting. This means you kill your HP as much as you can before a boss pull for the passive effect and gain the BL buff for the extra kapow. Should life-tap be on or off the GCD in this case? I think it should be off personally but prevents spell casting if used between. In pvp you'd have to synergies with a class that'll allow you to have a clear 3 seconds of free cast after eliminating most of your hp to get a nice killing snipe. It won't be easy to do though. This would also be quite a lot of fun in battlegrounds too, and out in the world where you really will be relying on your void to tank so you don't just get 1shotted. Further more I think to aid this gameplay style it should also work if your hp is being reduced by other means such as damage taken since this is a health aura based on how much is being sacrificed. What do you think?Abacabb6 07 Nov
07 Nov Zandalari Warlock scrapped nonsense This. Mained a warlock for years, PRE PURCHASED this garbage they called an expansion that turned out to be a fail after the other, the one thing left to lift my spirit was the knowledge that they would add Zandalari soon and now guess what, Warlocks cannot be Zandalari anymore. They clearly said they could when they announced it, and also said that paladins could not. Guess what. This is the last straw blizzard. Seriously. you just removed the last thing i was looking forward to in this game.Oxyia1 07 Nov
06 Nov There is NOT 1(one) Warlock in PVP ladder top100! Go check pvp ladders both! EU and US not one even 1 warlock in first page (top100) ahah ahaha hahahaah HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!! GRPHGRRHHHhhhhhtssss....Musållat10 06 Nov
06 Nov [HELP] Arena pet macro Hi, Is it possible to macro my fellguard attack for speccific shaman totems in one button? For example if there will be counterstrike totem then he will attack him on button press, or if there will be grounding etc. And what totems should I always destroy? I never played shammy and we strugling against them. ThanksLooya3 06 Nov
06 Nov DH, Ench sham, Warr, Rogue It jumps on you in warmode in an attempt to 1v0 What do? Edit: Obviously assuming they arent a brain dead male blood elf rogue that loses to an spriestRâlph4 06 Nov
05 Nov Bring Back WoD Demonology The Best is to bring back Demonology warlock becuz the lack of development ruined the current spec. We will keep complaining until u not fix dis issue.Ájszmen34 05 Nov
05 Nov Awful class I’m really regretting picking warlock to level first with BFA. I’ve really given it a fair chance and stuck at it hoping with higher gear levels it would improve but it hasn’t. The class feels like you’re walking in quicksand compared to almost every other class available. The ramp up time for affliction is ridiculous and I can be elbow tank dps in dungeons with low hp mobs (this wouldn’t be an issue of the pay off was great) but you see a DH with almost no set up pop a load of cds and go full mongo and beat you. The class is in a disgusting state in PVP as well and thus is also shocking if you have war mode activated. I’m not even talking about fending off a gang of alliance booty boys I’m talking 1v1 then only way you aren’t getting dropped is if every 10 yards you drop a gateway and portal and have all cds available. I’m not a long term warlock player I wanted a decent ranged class for the expansion and if all I did was raid then it would be okay. If anyone else is thinking of picking up this class I would strongly advise playing a hunter or boomkin or mage.Morgorth13 05 Nov
04 Nov Race + Warlock class lore combo. Evening soon to be fellow Warlocks, I've decided I would like to join the "dark side" and try my hand at playing a Warlock as the class has always appealed to me. I've heard a lot about Warlocks being in a poor state at the moment but that doesn't concern me. Anyway, back to my point, I'd just like to know your thoughts on what race you play for your Warlock and why. I'll only be playing Horde (sorry you pesky Alliance players) and I'm thinking either Orc, Forsaken or Blood Elf. Now, I'm not hard core into my lore but I do like to play a class + race combo that makes sense to me or just feels right. Any input appreciated! MulMulnul25 04 Nov
04 Nov Please let us decide our demons targets. So what I mean is that, sometimes the demons, ofcourse not your wrathguard/felguard/succubus/voidwalker/Imp/felhunter, but your wild imps, Vilefiend, nether portal demons etc, just focus the wrong targets, and if you want to switch, you're screwed, because your demons don't seem to attack the target you do, atleast not from as much as I have tested it, so either make them automatically switch, or give us a spell to command our demons to attack our current target. On a side note remove the soul shard cost of Nether Portal.. that's just dumb. Plus that Vilefiend spends 1 second roaring, which makes you miss out on a second of extra damage from the thing.Évelína13 04 Nov
04 Nov Voidwalker not holding aggro anymore This has just recently started happening, voidwalker will just not hold aggro Suffering and threatening presence are on autocast as always as well as consuming shadows, did something recently change?Orillion6 04 Nov
04 Nov Hand of Gul'dan Change? I just wanted to throw an idea out here for folks to discuss if this slight change might help demonology feel more fluid and not so immobile. Would it help some if Hand of Gul'dan was changed to being able to be channeled while moving instead of being just a static cast? Seems like demonology's woes stem from long casts and static movement. What if we could simply channel up Hand of Gul'dan on the move? How long you channel for would determine the number of summoned imps. 3 shards and full 1.5sec channel (on the move) would give you the full Dmg and imps while an interrupted channel would still give some Dmg as well as at least one or 2 imps. This way we could still follow a target avoiding LOS issues and interrupts would still provide us at least one imp to burn if needed. What are your thoughts? (Full disclosure, I’m extremely new to the class, but I figure I might as well share my thoughts anyway. Open it up to debate)Uathau13 04 Nov
03 Nov Mgodx 's succubus in arena Hey guys I'm watching rn video from chili's stream and his mate Mgodx uses succubus as demonology. How it works ? why and when to use it ? ThxÐrpøurritus17 03 Nov
03 Nov Need help. At my ilvl, I'm averaging around 9-10k DPS (20k on the starter burst if DB crits), and I feel that's kinda low. I also have low stats on every boss in Uldir (My highest being 44 for my ilvl, which is terrible). I'm gonna start aiming for more Mastery because of how low it is, and I know my Secondary stats are partially to blame for my terrible damage, but I wouldn't mind some advice to how I might be able to improve my damage? Things like, when is the best time to use UA's (My uptime of UA is usually around 50%, feel it should be higher) What would be the most efficient way to spread my dots on multiple packs (At the minute, I use SoC, then do Agony, Siphon life, move on. Sometimes adding UA's in) and my AoE damage fluctuates between 7k-16k DPS. I feel like at my ilvl I should be pulling at least a constant 10k DPS, if not higher, yet I always finish closer to the 9k DPS spot. Any advice would be brilliant, as I can add it to watching videos on Youtube, simming myself more and using the training dummies to try to increase my damage/uptime of spells. Thanks in advance! Edit: Also, who would be a good person to watch to get a better knowledge of the class?Shortbolts1 03 Nov