Warlock

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
08 Aug EU warlock feedback thread Edit: This post has been updated to 7.2.5 ptr feedback. If there is anything you think should be mentioned here, please feel free to leave a comment. Hello fellow warlocks, I've seen the Q&A and the question about warlocks. The devs noticed that warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class and they said that they are trying to figure out what the exact problems are and they're watching the forums now. However, they noticed that most posts are about "Reroll, quit game, gj ruining it blizz" So now that the devs are looking for feedback, let's take this opportunity to give them clear feedback. I will summarize the feedback given below. Simple rules: - Tell us your main warlock spec - 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now. - Be realistic and keep it short and simple - No cry or rage posts. - If someone writes something unrelated or makes a not appreciated post, click the dislike button so we can easily filter out those unwanted posts. Summarized Feedback starts here: WARLOCK IN GENERAL Demonic Circle The #1 mentioned thing about warlock in general is that Demonic Circle is a must as a baseline ability. Demonic circle feels very out of place in the CC talent row where we have to choose a... CC.. not a mobility spell. We are more tanky casters, so no, we don’t have to be mobile like mages, but we need to have at least 1(!!) gap maker ability. Demonic Circle was the perfect ability to fill this place. We need something to ‘’reset’’ the fight from time to time, especially in this meleeheavy meta. Demonic gateway is our only baseline mobility spell right now and is not a viable option. It has a 3 sec cast time, it feels clunky and is only available every 1.5 min. It only really works in arenas, is often called more of a a bother than a valuable in Raid & dungeon content, and it is also very clunky to use in bgs. Burning Rush should a baseline ability Locks have a hard time in M+ content because we don't have a mobility spell to keep up with the other classes who all have at least 1. This is problematic, because the group has to wait for us to catch up most of the time and in M+, losing time means losing chests (This might be a reason for locks to be rejected for M+ groups).Burning Rush is the only talent we have that can assist us in keeping up, but we have to sacrifice a defensive ability, which we might need in a phase that requires us to have one of these defensive talents. Also, this ability costs us a lot of health, if the hp cost could be reduced slightly, that'd be a great QOL update. Grimoire of Sacrifice The old GoSac allowed us to sacrifice our demon and gain one of it’s abilities. It would be really awesome to have this back again, because some locks want to play without a demon and feel forced to play with one, because we simply can't afford losing most of the pet utilities (Interrupt mostly). Bugs & Quality of life: - When 7.2 went live, the unique voicelines of the glyph demons disappeared, can this be fixed? - The Glyph of wrathguard bug was noticed and hotfixed, but this hotfix did not actually fix the problem. The wrathguard still seems to stand further away from raid bosss than the felguard. This is the cause for wrathguard not using mortal cleave, which results in a big dps loss. - The Green Fire cast visuals are not (yet) upgraded like the new normal fire visuals (around the hands). - Many locks love the old Malefic Grasp animation, perhaps this can be added when you pick the talent. Or maybe this could be made into a Glyph? - We used to have a glyph that allowed us to walk on water with our dreadstead, perhaps this could be reintroduced as a class book ability.Etainn412 08 Aug
21 Apr [GUIDE] PvP Demonology Warlock 7.1.x Introduction Hello fellow Warlocks! My name is sosseri and i've been playing Demonology since cataclysm and been a "top" contending player in the PvP ladder since MoP. Many have asked me to make a guide for a long time and I finally thought it was time for me making one. This guide is mostly going to be made for the beginner's who want to get into Demonology in Arenas, but could also be useful for those who are familiar with the specialization, where i'll get into some tricks you could use to min max your performance. I'll do my best to cover everything up. I will also be editing this guide in the future for coming changes, so be sure to check in again. (Updated for 7.1.5, 2017-03-20) DISCLAIMER: Talent choices, artifact pathing, etc.. that I guide through are experiences of my own for best performance in Arenas. This doesn't necessarely mean that you might find this fit for your experiences in Arena or other aspects of PvP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contents 1. Talents 2. PvP/Honor Talents 3. Artifact Priority 4. Damage "Rotation" 5. Race Choices 6. Macros/Addons 7. Tips/Tricks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Talents Tier 1 Shadowy Inspiration: Not a bad talent either, but it offers much more gimmick compared to shadowflame for Arenas. Shadowflame: Probably the best talent choice. Deals good amount of damage and is much less gimmicky in PvP. Demonic Calling: Gimmicky compared to shadowflame, eventhough this talent isn't too bad, could be an option if dreadstalkers were stronger. Tier 2 Impending Doom: This talent is very handy in 3v3 Arenas when you play DOT/ROT composition in Arenas and have 3 targets you want to use Doom on for faster ticks or compositions where there are no curse dispellers. Improved Dreadstalkers: This talent is more of a choice in a matchup where you want to focus less on rotting and have more single target damage. I'd choose this where you want to play double DPS and you have a short amount of time to get your damage and where games last shorter. Implosion: Not as good after the nerf that hit implosion in 7.0.3 + synergy nerf. Tier 3 Demonic Circle: Good against enemy compositions where you think you will be targeted by enemey team (mainly cleaves), very effiicient in big maps like Tol'Vir and Blade's Edge Arena where you have the bridge as an advantage. Mortal Coil: Good against Compositions where you think u wont be attacked for most of the time and want to peel more or just get an easier setup for a kill or cc. Shadowfury: Good in compositions where you don't have an aoe stun or against melee cleaves that you need to peel of for your healer that lacks mobility to get them of for a moment. Tier 4 Hand of Doom: Best talent in the tier, good all around all comps. What I like to utilize this talent with is spending less gcds on casting doom and trying to hand of gul'dan each target to apply doom, where I basically room to spend my gcds on other abilities while i Power Trip: This talent is good for an additional chance too regenerate Soul Shards, good gameplay wise, fluid and consistent in Arenas, i'd recommend it against less cleavy setups and compositions where you think you will sit a lot of cc (Rogue/Mage/X) Soul Harvest: Not an ideal choice for arenas, but can work if you are playing something that is more setuped based. Hand of Doom and Power trip offer much more in the longer run. Tier 5 Demon Skin: Best talent choice overall for you and your pets survivability, mainly due to soul link. Burning Rush: I don't even know what to say, I can't see it being useful anywhere. Dark Pact: Not as good after the talent swap on demonic circle in 7.1, the amount of absorption is great, but this will eventually kill your demon and be very annoying. Tier 6 Grimoire of Supremacy: Not worth going for, losing felguard Pet stun, MS and its less damage uptime. Though, Doomguard and Infernal have great utility. Grimoire of Service: Great talent if you feel like u want an extra CC with felhunter or felguard in order to stop CC. Grimoire of Synergy: Great uptime for the damage bonus, good choice overall against all compositions. Tier 7 Darkglare: Best talent choice overall, great damage and is much less gimmicky compared to the other talents. Demon Bolt: Not an ideal choice for arenas, very gimmicky because it requiers a lot of setup with standing still. Soul Conduit: This is a good talent in combination of Implosion, but not an ideal choice in its current state since Implosion got nerfed.Sosseri40 21 Apr
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h Affliction PVP ?? Hi, im wondering what is (if there is any) best comp for afflic these days??(over >1.8-2k I myself struggling to find a working combo.. I mean you can try shadowplay with a sp but they prefer (as they should) destro for shadowplay. And even if you play shadowplay you can feel its weak against rogue dk monk DH warr (in short melee) its not like as it was last season. shadowplay was really working then but not now.. Ok then you can try wls or shadowcleave but since We are squishy against walking dead or Kfc or any meleecomp we die easly in one cc to healer.. (or sometimes our healer not even cced) Anyone want to share his experience about afflic arena these days? Im looking top of ladders and there is not affliction warlock anywhere (in us 1 or 2 in europe 0) Even at rbgs there were lots of affliction players previous seasons but now they all vanished..?? So reroll to other classes? im confused i really struggling before log on my lock.. What do you think??Musallåt10 1h
4h Considering making a Warlock but need some advice So hello everyone, Currently I want to find the right class for me. I have 7 110 lvl classes but none of them can offer the things I want. So lately I was thinking about Warlocks. I have never had a warlock past lvl 37. I did a little research and I saw that locks have the best tiers for mogs! This is nice think to consider because I want to focus on one class only and ditch the rest! I saw the icyveins and the warlocks site about the thing I am about to ask but still I want to see it first hand how the actual players manage this class. First of all I do not like to focus only on one spec of the class. I like to play ALL specs of a given class. My question is are the warlock spec complicated? I would like to see a normal rotation of all 3 specs. The ones on the sites are not very helpful. I just want to see if I have to bind many abilities and stuff. So please explain to me what it is to be a warlock in terms of gameplay. I have encountered bad mechanics on some other classes that just made me hate the class as a whole like fire mage, surv hunter, ret paladin.Balgore6 4h
5h Affliction warlock are broken in 2v2 arena I am playing with my resto Shaman friend in arena 2v2 and we can take just about every combination except when it's a melee healer (which is the case starting 1600 and above). It's all due to the warlock's inability to handle a melee and the fact that all of lock's damage is dispellable so easily (5 UA nuke is just a silence and 1 UA on the healer). It is really disappointing that there's such a huge imbalance especially unholy DK and havoc DH and Arms warrior, we have tried all the chain CC, it's just not working like this. Is there a high rating affliction warlock that could help me out? how do you handle melee (DK, DH, Warr) ? it's just so unfair. You could see on arenamate.net, all top 300 ranks are filled with healers and melee, wtf is this ?Awtbreak2 5h
6h Affliction Legendaries what Legendaries are best to use to raid to Affliction i got 11 of them only need chest left so what Legendaries is best to use in tos now im use Hood of Eternal Disdain head and Soul of the Netherlord ring is there some Legendaries are better to useGraboid24 6h
10h demo mythic plus advice: talent build Hi guys and gals, Just curious, for demo, do we go implosion talent for better AoE or improved dreadstalkers for better single target? I know some affixes would discourage AoE, and for tyrannical the ST damage is probably better. But, looking for general advice, when nothing is too one sided? Implosion build? Or, improved dreadstalkers? Also, I know, probably affliction is better atm (emphasis added, at the moment), and I have a grinded out affliction weapon, but I find demo more fun, and I am not pushing 15+. =) thanks.Calais2 10h
1d Affliction is the new mainspec? Just writing to say that all of a sudden I'm seeing swarms of affliction warlocks everywhere and I have no idea why. We haven't had any buffs at all, I'd never main affliction and I'm pretty far behind in the legendary equipment area of things but I know that most warlocks maybe 2 weeks ago were all Destruction and sometimes Demo. What's going on? This is for both PvE and PvP btw.Abacabb14 1d
1d confused on stats. (affliction) Hi all. Been working on my lock and manage to get some gear. Curious on how to set my stats. had a discussion with another warlock who suggested more crit . was running with 10% crit 27%haste 135%mastery. After some changes on gear im at 15%crit 28%haste 129%mastery but lost 2063 Intellect due to trinket. But it still feels as the dps i same or even higher then before. How can this be ?Coffejunkie2 1d
1d Life Tap Does anybody else feel that Life Tap is just an annoyance more than interesting class mechanic? Game play flows fairly well and then mana is gone and life tap has to be pressed. It almost feels like a way to limit damage potential more than interesting class design.Feltech28 1d
1d Will The Demo artifact display bug be fixed in 7.3? This has always been a problem, as soon as he does his auto AOE he disappears. The challenge skin seems even more prone to this than the others. I went to a guild tomb raid after getting the skin yesterday and did not see the skull all night after the first trash pull.Aniol0 1d
1d Warlocks in 8.0 and beyond(class design) Hey fellow locks, I just made a thread in the class development forum about locks. Hopefully we get a good discussion going about wich direction lock class design should head into. Link: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616761552Jinsk5 1d
1d Lvl 90 Aff Lock returning to game As the title says, returning for the first time since pandaria. Everything's changed! I was about halfway through raiding in Pandaland and played from vanilla until then so got some experience. Any thoughts on what to aim for/do? Talents, gear, spells, professions etc? Looking forward to questing through WoD as well, any advice on that? Many thanks for your help! AdsoAdso1 1d
1d gear dps help need some help im 917 items lvl can only do 700 to 800 dps cant get over 800 can someone take a look on my gear i got alot of 900 items still Crit 13,72 % can make it to 17,00% to get to 17% need to get crit and mastery neck on Haste 19,41 but to get to 19,41 % need to get neck with haste and mastery on so what is best to use of that 2 necks and my Mastery is 148,63 % im use 2 mastery Trinket with one mastery trinket can be 139% mastery and still got guldan trinket is that better in 2 mastery trinket but take a look on my gearMimic2 1d
2d Is it worth rolling lock? Hi, I main a druid atm. Wondering if it's worth rolling destru? In regards of Tomb of Sargaras.Bjørn23 2d
2d [demo] tier 100 talents /w Kazzak's at m+ Hi guys, Kazzak's final curse (doom +5% for every pet out) just dropped for me and Im not sure what to spec for m+ now. I switched from implosion to impending doom, but what about the tier 100? I love Darkglare but Soul Conduit seems to buff Doom just way more resulting in more overal dps. It should also help for bosses where Darkglare is only there for AoE. Am I right if I say Soul counduit should be best for me now?Moíra1 2d
2d Undead or Blood elf warlock Undead or BE for warlock classMaghtok64 2d
3d Demo warlocks in Legion-loss of Metamorphosis What is your opinion about the removal of Metamorphosis and giving it to Demon hunters? To me this looks like a very big loss as demonology was centered around Metamorphosis for 3-4 years already. Are you satisfied or not? I feel like already BM hunters with demons instead of beasts. This is really pitiful.Séptim51 3d
3d Draenei Warlocks Really wanted to start a warlock but none of them are catching my eye. Anyone else think that draenei should be able to be warlocks?Martik52 3d
3d We are the WORST class.. do you know that? Euro ladder top 100 (3s arena) Shaman 17.4% (24) Priest 13.0% (18) Druid 12.3% (17) Death Knight 12.3% (17) Monk 10.9% (15) Rogue 8.7% (12) Mage 7.2% (10) Warrior 5.1% (7) Demon Hunter 5.1% (7) Paladin 3.6% (5) Hunter 3.6% (5) Warlock 0.7% (1) only 1!!! just 1 warlock in top 100 and we are bottom ... We are worst class of the game. At the bottom ! theres noone under us! we are worst! we are finished everyone laughing to us! there is not a class which is bad than us.. we are worst of the worst!!!Musallåt29 3d
3d Treat for you Demo's If you didn't already know about this implosion spec Nazumar has generously made this guide detailing how to use the spec in an advanced way. He talks about a few tricks you need to know and well.. here it is: Nazumar's guide: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165621923 I've ran this a few times, it's agitating in BG's as you rarely have the chance but when the stars do align you can only imagine the jaw drop on your opponants face hahah Have fun guys!Abacabb0 3d
4d Warlock's (not so good) animations Welcome brothers in fel and shadow in another warlock crying post. I'm here to talk about warlock's animations and glyphs we're getting in this expansion. I got a feeling as blizzard forget about WoD, same blizzard did with warlocks in legion. We used to have very interesting animations, now... Hmm... Kinda nothing. Where is hellfire, soulfire... something which looks nice? Glyphs. First of all. Apart from soulwell glyph, which is only nice one, what we got? For Affi, nothing. just nothing. Why? for example changing color of drain soul? Destro, 404, nothing found here. Like nothing is happening. Demonology. Wrathguard... whoa, really... And on top of everything. Soul shards glyph. I was like: Yes, they will see that, i have to look all the time at fire mage's balls. Wait. Glyph is personal. noone will see it. Noone cares... <sad face> Where is the glyph of shadowbolt? Why no for example purple flame glyph? Why no new demons glyph? Just old models. Why voidlord looks so bad now? We got very nice shiny one, Now noone wants to look at it... Dear blizzard, We like our class. We like our DPS. But we want to be shiny as well :(Navysilan17 4d
4d Infernal and Doomguard Names How do you feel about finally learning them? Personally, this was basically the only reason I levelled my lock. I was pretty disappointed. They ran the gamut from bland to terrible. My abyssal is called Flame, like some awful DeviantArt original character who likes fire, death and Shadow the Hedgehog, and dislikes love, homework and his sister. I hope the rest of you had better luck.Fen20 4d
5d help in arena Hi, I am playing destruction warlock in 3s arena with frost mage and x healer. Thing is in most of them I don't know exactly what to do, who to focus etc. some of most complicated for me are: warr/dh or uh dk sp/ww monk boomie/dk rogue/mages most of them play with restro druid/sham biggest struggle for me is casting bolts when most of action includes pillar los-ing Any high experienced destru here to share some knowledge?Joefrey19 5d
15 Aug Rate the Warlock transmog above you! Let's see them gorgeous mogsBusiris0 15 Aug
15 Aug Is my DPS lackluster? Hello! So, today i've finally got myself to do ToS normal. After successfully finishing the raid, a thought got stuck in my head. Isn't my DPS a little too low for my ilvl? At first i thought that my dps was fine for most of the time (except for Goroth, i really failed my shard managment on that one), but after i looked into the logged, i was kind of horrified of my "achievements". From time to time i try to sim my dps and gear and i found out today that i'm supposed to do around 850k dps. On a dummy i can hold about +-800k dps (5min), but in the raid i seem to underperform. So to return to the point of my post, is anyone here please able to tell me if i'm doing fine or if there are things to improve? Here you can find my logs from today's raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/meckein# (Please ignore the second Goroth attemp, that was my fault.) Thanks a lot in advance for any kind of help!Meckein4 15 Aug
14 Aug Blizzard and lock threatment in Legion Hey guys, Most of you dont know me, but lately i´ve been one of the most active players on the forums, something i never did back in the days. The reason for that is the current state of the game, and the awfull state of locks in pvp (not even top 15 and the 2nd lowest in terms of overall representation above 2.2k). I decided to make a thread cause i just got rejected by 2.4k players on my alt lock (im 2.7klegion xp), and they took a DH instead of me , i asked the xp and the rshammy told me he was 2.2k xp but that locks are just bad. It was a warrior and a rshammy, wich usually are perfect partners for locks. The feeling of getting rejected by lower xp and cr players just because you play a lock is disheartening. It even saddens me more when going through around 400+ posts in the class development section, where locks had really good and constructive feedback at first, followed by despair due to the silence of the company. As a customer im just gonna stop paying, my sub runs out on the 21th of august when im on vacation pmuch, if nothing is done about warlocks (our problem goes past melee, its mostly direct dmg taken) ill just quit and never comeback. I've stopped most of cata and mop, due to homogenization of classes and in wod due to work. This is pure "class racism" it goes past any possible compreension. Most locks you see high rated pushed their rating during the 2 weeks where we were semi viable (WLS was strong due to warrior) and then either stopped playing or just smart queue (checking ladder activity to play) wich is a spot no class should be. Every single class has one spec viable for arena, if not more, all the 3 lock specs are pretty much sub par, with affliction just being straight out gimmicky. Im rambling a lot by now, but we need to rise up and uproar against the general threatment we are getting ever since these new devs arrived. From unviability in pvp to: ->having to wait for an invasion for class mount (only class) ->having to wait for spell animations when other classes got theirs pretty recently and are better looking right now (sp/mages/elemental shaman) ->trigger happy nerfs within few days (pre NH, pre ToS dmg nerfs in pve) when classes that are completly broken dont get adressed (specially in pvp) This, one way or another, is inexplicable and outrageous. Its on the same lvl as the US vs EU forum treatment.Jinsk27 14 Aug
14 Aug Rerolling to warlock? Ive been thinking about rerolling recently & I think warlock is the class for me. Do you guys have any tips for me? Race: Goblin/Troll( Troll warlock was like my first char years ago lol) Spec: Destruction/Affliction. I want to mainly PVE but recently im really getting into PVP in future I would like to do Arena's. How viable are warlocks in both aspects these days?Maybury3 14 Aug
14 Aug Affliction warlock is pretty boring I don't know, i just can't get myself to like this spec all that much, it's too stale, too slow. I think it needs something to make the rotation a bit less stale, maybe a proc,they could bring back the shadowbolt proc. In general warlock, should have some talents baseline, and i just don't understand why they aren't, like backdraft for destruction, demonic circle, for all three specs, and i would like to see backlash for destro again, where you have a chance on hit to make your next incinerate insta cast.Ryura0 14 Aug
13 Aug glyph pet how can i remove glyph from observer to back to fel hunter with vanishing powderMimic1 13 Aug
12 Aug WTF Have You Done To Warlocks? I played mine for a bit around the start of Legion and instantly felt saddened at what they have become. I went and played other classes, leveled 4 to 110 and geared them, hoping maybe in a few months that the developers will wake up and actually fix Warlocks, but nope! they're still basically a wheelchair class. I can only speak for Destruction because I've played it for a long time. I'll name a few main issues that I'm genuinely shocked that still exist. TALENTS Why are they stripped-away abilities/passives that we USED to have before Legion? seriously. You got rid of our ability to cast while slowly moving, which was a huge benefit. You've put CATACLYSM on the same talent row as our damage buff, Soul Harvest... what the actual hell? Fire and Brimstone, where Incinerate cleaves, shouldn't even be a talent! it was an ability before Legion. We're left with really harsh choices, unlike mostly every other class. You made our Rain of Fire cost 3 soul shards, when it used to be free, yet other classes can AOE freely easily without having to put the same effort in as a Destruction Warlock. (Not including before pull when you've got 3 soul shards.) Backdraft shouldn't even be a talent, it should be a baseline passive, but whatever. Demonic Circle shouldn't be a a talent, yet it's on the same talent row as CC...? lol. Buring rush, our only movement speed ability, on the same talent row as defensive talents.... WHAT? I would love to have a talk with the developer behind Destruction Warlock. Clearly, they haven't played one before.Vulju13 12 Aug
12 Aug So im reading the 7.3 warlock changes... and they nerfing the dmg of affliction and not touching anything else of the 3 spec.. meanwhile it seems like they buffing the dmg of some melees..... because why the !@#$ not.... http://www.wowhead.com/news=268721/all-class-changes-in-patch-7-3 also they updating all the casters animations except Locks.... its not like we are gutted or anything at all.... im officialy Done with this expansion its 100% evident devs dont give 2 rats !@# about warlock as a class or fantasy........ 5 days left of my sub so yeah i see you guys next expansion.... if its worth it at all.... until then playing my DH... at this point they have better animations and better warlock theme then the warlocks themself....Zoldread12 12 Aug
12 Aug From Destruction to Affliction [WQ] I've been Destruction specced the whole time, and now I wanted to try a new spec. Demonology I don't wanna touch, it looks too complicated. So Affliction it is. Can anyone give me a talent setup for doing world quests focusing on getting multiple targets down fast please?Filidix2 12 Aug
12 Aug Need some advice regarding Affliction talents Hey everyone. I recently just came back to WoW after months away and have decided to level my Orc affliction warlock to 110 but as the talents were revamped I need some help in choosing the best ones suited for leveling (raiding talents and mythic + dungeon talents can come later but that's a while away yet) I use Icy Veins often and their detailed guides are quite helpful but in some cases they give you a choice so I wanted to get some feedback onto what would be best. Level 15 - Writhe in Agony or Malefic Grasp (leaning towards MG) Level 30 - Contagion or Absolute Corruption (leaning towards Contagion) Level 60 - Phantom Singularity, Sow The Seeds or Soul Harvest (leaning to PS) Level 90 - Grimore of Supremacy or Grimore of Sacrifice (leaning towards Sup) Level 100 - Death's Embrace, Siphon Life or Soul Conduit (leaning towards SL) Are these the best choices for leveling as an affliction warlock? All feedback is greatly appreciated. I need to get back into Affliction again. Thank you.Demigra6 12 Aug
11 Aug Best warlock leveling spec? Hey guys, just wonder what would be considered the most optimal / fun warlock spec to level on. Thanks.Hakaishin11 11 Aug
11 Aug Glyph of the Voidlord Hi I need to ask my fellow Warlocks about some problems I've had with this Glyph I bought today. "Glyph of the Voidlord" First when I summon it doesnt do any of the normal summoning purple/pink particle effects Second it still says Voidwalker while casting 3rd What happend to the Voidlord voice lines that come with the upgraded verison I don't have any it just has the old generic Voidwalker growls. I've tired reloading UI and relogging but nothing fixes. Is anyone else having these iusses? I'd appricate any help. Kind Regards Guldan Lord of the Shadow CouncilGuldân1 11 Aug
11 Aug Rate the Warlock transmog above you! As the previous topic reached it limit. Lets start over again!Darrandor190 11 Aug
11 Aug Wanting to try Warlock Hey, I've been playing WoW for 8 years and I've never levelled a Warlock past 30. I was just wondering if you guys could give me some pros and cons + what you personally enjoy about the class. :) Thank you!!!Zevran4 11 Aug
10 Aug Torn between demo and affliction Hey guys ! So my warlock is currently 894ilvl and I would like to get more serious on gearing it. Though, I cannot decide what would be better for overall raiding and high MM+ keys (13 and more). From what I've experiment, demono suffer in a lot of fight in ToS due to the recurrent heavy movement strategy on bosses. I'm struggling a lot to make it work, but maybe it's because I lack of haste ? (Only got 23% atm). On the other hand, affliction seems to have a great time on almost every single boss due to his "less cast reliant" gameplay. Could you guys share your thought about this dilemma ? It would really help me. Thanks :)Lockhearts11 10 Aug
10 Aug Ideas on how Demonology should change next expansion I want this to be more of an idea collection thread for players who are not satisfied with the way of how Demonolgy works right now. I know that immidiate changes will not happen, so this is for the next expansion. Here are my ideas: - Demonic Fury makes a return but in a slightly different way, I call it Ritual Power (RP) - Mana - GONE! We will only play with our new resource RP and our Soul Shards - You basically build up RP by spending Soul Shards, with Dot(s), filler spells, (Shadow Bolt, Hand of Gul'Dan), your permanent pet (Felguard) and other lesser demons (Imps and Dreadstalkers) - If the bar of RP is full switch into Ritual Mode and summon even more powerful demons: Wrathguards, Shivarras, Observers, Fel Imps and so on - Shadowflame is baseline if you have to move -Demonic Enpowerment could be a talent for burst damage (high CD) - All the Grimoires should be Demonology only 1. Grimoire of Supremacy returns to its MOP version, granting you the Wrathguard as the stronger permanent pet and Summon Terrorguard/Abyssal 2. Grimoire of Service stays as it is: Summon 1 additional demon for a limited amount of time 3. Grimoire of Sacrifice: You only sacrifice your Imps summoned by HoG. The more you spawn, the bigger your personal buff (does not buff demons). The earlier you sacrifice the Imps, the longer he duration of the buff. These are my Ideas, I hope you have some, too. Constructive criticism is welcomed. I also have a barely visited thread on how Warlocks should get new demons. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615971979#post-1Corthez22 10 Aug
10 Aug Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards Where in the rootin tootin heck is it?Busiris12 10 Aug
10 Aug Warlock details question (graphics) What details do i need to set higher to have Wrathsteed show circle on the ground when casted? And Demonic GatewayDeathfyre3 10 Aug
09 Aug So i went for some destro pvp And it was wonderfull. Ember tap Instant shadowfury Tanky as f***. Even though my enemies was full prideful and i only got tyranical, i stood a chance. GG man.Samsing7 09 Aug
09 Aug Affliction Help Please.. Hi Guys, I am posting to the forums in the hope that someone can help me or advise me on which is the best setup and how to improve my DPS somewhat. Q 1 : Is there specific legendarys which increase your DPS/Damage Done by so much they are a MUST?? Q 2 : Is Haste more important than Intellect point for point ? Q 3 : How much haste is too much ?? Q4 : How much Mastery should I Aim for?? Here is a comparison of Deolate Host Heroic, I have tried these talents and my damage / DPS went under 600k so needless to say i changed back to the ones shown on this report. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/1XygxDa8Y7nfBmt2/k2CMVh4yZcaPAbLj#fight=9,13&source=6,Danqy&type=summary I can make the following builds of items with items in bags etc... Build 1 : 16% Haste, 140% mastery, 49k intellect Current Build : 28% haste, 123% mastery, 49k intellect Build 3 : 28% Haste, 114% Mastery 52k Intellect. I am very confused as to which of these would produce the best outcomes. With some changing of trinkets to stat sticks of int/crit and Charm of the rising tide 2,162 Intellect version I can increase intellect to about 53-54k but mastery drops to under 110% if i try to stack more than 52k Intellect. If anyone has any suggestions it would be muchly appreciated! ThanksDribb8 09 Aug
09 Aug Destruction: No Conflagrate = no boom boom destruction. I have always played destruction warlock. I ONLY play destruction warlock. For me it is world of warlock. I have always developed my own rotations and spent many hours at the training dummy on every expansion I have played. The result is - I am usually top or close to top DPS in the instances of my "current" level. For the past 2 expansions at least, I have used Conflagrate as one of my main spells, and it has been the biggest part of my damage and rotation. I would pull with Conflagrate when farming alone. I can cast conflagrate when I am in a boss fight and the boss keeps putting dots on the floor... because it was an instant cast. So it has been CRUCIAL to my damage. Now I see you have removed conflagrate and put it's cool-down onto Shadowburn. Shadowburn has always been a finishing spell. When you made it consume a burning ember or soul-shard it became only a finishing spell. With no cooldown, so I could burn out all of my resources to finish off a boss and it usually resulted in me getting the final killing blow to the enemy. On a side note... Burning Embers were very well suited to the Destruction warlock and turning them into soulshards was a stupid move on blizzards part. At the start of legion, I felt that you had tried to turn the Destruction warlock into an Affliction warlock crossed with a Lich King Mage. As I needed to wait for my damage to occur or for stuff to build up so that I could actually do some damage. Now, it just doesn't feel destructive at all. I don't know who's preferred playing style or rotation you have tried to cater to with the recent changes, but you clearly were not thinking about DESTRUCTION! At one point, cataclysm into pandaria I think, I played on the beta server, and I noticed you were going to remove the Shadowburn spell from the destruction warlock and I made a post on the forums explaining this to you back then... Destruction warlock needs the Shadowburn spell. I guess many other warlocks also complained as you let us keep the spell. Then you made Shadowburn an option spell by binding it to the new skills as a selection. But now, you have craftily merged Shadowburn with another spell as your way of removing it. But by doing so you have killed the destructive FEEL of the Destruction warlock. And you might as-well call it a flower warlock and swap out the flames for some druid themed crap. Destruction warlock is supposed to feel majorly destructive - else it might as-well be a fire mage.Ronjambo3 09 Aug
09 Aug Feedback: demonic empowerment Hello, I have played demo for a while bow and i am getting sick of demonic empowerment. I dont hate the spell, i hate the fact i need to re-cast it over und over again in order to get the most out of mine demons. summon hounds > demonic empowerment. Summon imps > demonic empowerment and repeat over and over again! Please re-work demonic empowerment. My suggestion is: demonic empowerment 30 sec CD Instant cast demonic empowerment empowers ur summoning skills! improving ur current demon(s) and all upcomming demons by increasing the haste and heath by X% and increases there damage done by% via mastery. Last 30sec Something like this i could life with. 30sec mini buff, instant!Scourgefury8 09 Aug
08 Aug Aff PVP 2vs2 what healer Hi, for arena i hear that shaman is the best healer with affliction in 2vs2 but why is it so? And what other healer could be preffered? Thanks!Underhill1 08 Aug
08 Aug Improve my DMG. Hello! Im not sure if im doing something wrong, but i do 550-700k DMG in TOS as destro, depends if the boss require much movement. It feels like its way to low with 908 ILVL. Higher ILVL will absolutely help to improve my DMG but its hard to get higher when getting kicked out all the time because of low dps. Do i need some specific legendaries? trinkets? Rotation: Immolate Summon infernal Havoc + Soul Harvest 1-2 Dimensional Rift Conflagrate whenever i dont have CD Chaos Bolt whenever i got 2-4 shards Incinerate to fill ShardsDirgarius8 08 Aug