Warlock

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
4d [GUIDE] PvP Demonology Warlock 7.1.x Introduction Hello fellow Warlocks! My name is sosseri and i've been playing Demonology since cataclysm and been a "top" contending player in the PvP ladder since MoP. Many have asked me to make a guide for a long time and I finally thought it was time for me making one. This guide is mostly going to be made for the beginner's who want to get into Demonology in Arenas, but could also be useful for those who are familiar with the specialization, where i'll get into some tricks you could use to min max your performance. I'll do my best to cover everything up. I will also be editing this guide in the future for coming changes, so be sure to check in again. (Updated for 7.1.5, 2017-03-20) DISCLAIMER: Talent choices, artifact pathing, etc.. that I guide through are experiences of my own for best performance in Arenas. This doesn't necessarely mean that you might find this fit for your experiences in Arena or other aspects of PvP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contents 1. Talents 2. PvP/Honor Talents 3. Artifact Priority 4. Damage "Rotation" 5. Race Choices 6. Macros/Addons 7. Tips/Tricks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Talents Tier 1 Shadowy Inspiration: Not a bad talent either, but it offers much more gimmick compared to shadowflame for Arenas. Shadowflame: Probably the best talent choice. Deals good amount of damage and is much less gimmicky in PvP. Demonic Calling: Gimmicky compared to shadowflame, eventhough this talent isn't too bad, could be an option if dreadstalkers were stronger. Tier 2 Impending Doom: This talent is very handy in 3v3 Arenas when you play DOT/ROT composition in Arenas and have 3 targets you want to use Doom on for faster ticks or compositions where there are no curse dispellers. Improved Dreadstalkers: This talent is more of a choice in a matchup where you want to focus less on rotting and have more single target damage. I'd choose this where you want to play double DPS and you have a short amount of time to get your damage and where games last shorter. Implosion: Not as good after the nerf that hit implosion in 7.0.3 + synergy nerf. Tier 3 Demonic Circle: Good against enemy compositions where you think you will be targeted by enemey team (mainly cleaves), very effiicient in big maps like Tol'Vir and Blade's Edge Arena where you have the bridge as an advantage. Mortal Coil: Good against Compositions where you think u wont be attacked for most of the time and want to peel more or just get an easier setup for a kill or cc. Shadowfury: Good in compositions where you don't have an aoe stun or against melee cleaves that you need to peel of for your healer that lacks mobility to get them of for a moment. Tier 4 Hand of Doom: Best talent in the tier, good all around all comps. What I like to utilize this talent with is spending less gcds on casting doom and trying to hand of gul'dan each target to apply doom, where I basically room to spend my gcds on other abilities while i Power Trip: This talent is good for an additional chance too regenerate Soul Shards, good gameplay wise, fluid and consistent in Arenas, i'd recommend it against less cleavy setups and compositions where you think you will sit a lot of cc (Rogue/Mage/X) Soul Harvest: Not an ideal choice for arenas, but can work if you are playing something that is more setuped based. Hand of Doom and Power trip offer much more in the longer run. Tier 5 Demon Skin: Best talent choice overall for you and your pets survivability, mainly due to soul link. Burning Rush: I don't even know what to say, I can't see it being useful anywhere. Dark Pact: Not as good after the talent swap on demonic circle in 7.1, the amount of absorption is great, but this will eventually kill your demon and be very annoying. Tier 6 Grimoire of Supremacy: Not worth going for, losing felguard Pet stun, MS and its less damage uptime. Though, Doomguard and Infernal have great utility. Grimoire of Service: Great talent if you feel like u want an extra CC with felhunter or felguard in order to stop CC. Grimoire of Synergy: Great uptime for the damage bonus, good choice overall against all compositions. Tier 7 Darkglare: Best talent choice overall, great damage and is much less gimmicky compared to the other talents. Demon Bolt: Not an ideal choice for arenas, very gimmicky because it requiers a lot of setup with standing still. Soul Conduit: This is a good talent in combination of Implosion, but not an ideal choice in its current state since Implosion got nerfed.Sosseri40 4d
5d EU warlock feedback thread Edit: This post is now up to date, if there is anything you think should be mentioned here, please feel free to leave a comment. Hello fellow warlocks, I've seen the Q&A and the question about warlocks. The devs noticed that warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class and they said that they are trying to figure out what the exact problems are and they're watching the forums now. However, they noticed that most posts are about "Reroll, quit game, gj ruining it blizz" So now that the devs are looking for feedback, let's take this opportunity to give them clear feedback. I will summarize the feedback given below. Simple rules: - Tell us your main warlock spec - 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now. - Be realistic and keep it short and simple - No cry or rage posts. - If someone writes something unrelated or makes a not appreciated post, click the dislike button so we can easily filter out those unwanted posts. Summarized Feedback starts here: WARLOCK IN GENERAL Demonic Circle The #1 mentioned thing about warlock in general is that Demonic Circle is a must as a baseline ability. Demonic circle feels very out of place in the CC talent row where we have to choose a... CC.. not a mobility spell. We are more tanky casters, so no, we don’t have to be mobile like mages, but we need to have at least 1(!!) gap maker ability. Demonic Circle was the perfect ability to fill this place. We need something to ‘’reset’’ the fight from time to time, especially in this meleeheavy meta. Demonic gateway is our only baseline mobility spell right now and is not a viable option. It has a 3 sec cast time, it feels clunky and is only available every 1.5 min. It only really works in arenas, is called a bother by other players in Raid & M+ content, and it is also very clunky to use in bgs. Burning Rush should a baseline ability Locks have a hard time in M+ content because we don't have a mobility spell to keep up with the other classes who all have at least 1. This is problematic, because the group has to wait for us to catch up most of the time and in M+, losing time means losing chests (This might be a reason for locks to be rejected for M+ groups).Burning Rush is the only talent we have that can assist us in keeping up, but we have to sacrifice a defensive ability, which we might need in a phase that requires us to have one of these defensive talents. Lastly, this ability costs us a lot of health, if the hp cost could be reduced slightly, that'd be a great QOL update. Grimoire of Sacrifice The old GoSac allowed us to sacrifice our demon and gain one of it’s abilities. It would be really awesome to have this back again, because some locks want to play without a demon, and feel forced to play with one because of the importance of some pet abilities (Interrupt mostly). Quality of life: - The Green Fire visuals are not (yet) upgraded like the new fire visuals. - Many locks love the old Malefic Grasp animation, perhaps this can be added when you pick the talent. Or with a Glyph perhaps? - We used to have a glyph that allowed us to walk on water with our dreadstead, maybe this could be reintroduced as a general thing or a class book ability.Etainn398 5d
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
34m You will get nerfed soon You will get nerfed soonRêdemptiion15 34m
41m Warlock spec for the rest of the Legion Hello, I'm planning to start gearing my warlock as a possible main replacement for my current shadow priest. I enjoy all 3 of warlock specs, but the problem with legion is that you cannot really play all 3 specs at equal level - legendaries really limit your possibilities. Because I'm really into minmaxing and truly mastering every spec I play, I will probably be stuck with one of the warlock specs until I get the BiS legendaries. Since I was very unlucky with legendaries on every character I played (even my warlock got Pillars of the Dark Portal as his 1st one), I can assume it may take a lot of time. Therefore I need to choose a spec that will satisfy all my PvE needs for quite a long time. So, my question is: Which of the warlock specs would you consider to be "the safest bet" for general PvE? I'm both into Mythic+ and Raids (heroic/mythic), and I would like my spec to perform relatively well in both of those areas. While we cannot predict the future, there must be some trends that could be seen since the realease of the legion? Also, does anyone have any idea how well is ToS suited for each of the warlock specs?Vherax7 41m
58m Metha for Demo? I've recently picked up Kanrethard as a follower and he still uses metha. And since it was probably the only reason for u to pick up demo before legion, I wanna ask if you think we will ever get it back.Æstalon15 58m
1h pvp destro? demo? Hey guys I got all my ap into my destro weapon (44) and i am wondering if playing Demo (36) in pvp would make Sense cause I dont Deal the dmgs like destro. I just played 2-3 bgs as destro and i have to say that you are pretty Hard !@#$ed by melee train. On the other Hand Demo is more "stable" pvp wise. I normally just go for the raids so if destro would make more Sense in my Situation can u guys gimme some advice on how to pvp Talent as destro?Sockenfetzen0 1h
4h pvp pet what pet is best to use in pvp Observer or doomguard need to know now im use doomguard but if Observer maybe is better?Quija17 4h
5h Is there a way to turn on green fire on new warlock? Is there a way to turn green fire on for new warlock character if another warlock on the same account did the green fire achievement/quest back in MoP? If so - how does one do that?Lvcy4 5h
5h So will they ever adress these QoL issues? Like how our pets are snails compared to hunter pets? Or how the felguard has a 25 yard range on his gapcloser making the service version not use the ability ever if you pop it outside the range. Or maybe the doomguard that has an awkward 30 yard range on its doombolt meaning it has to run in when cast from max range losing precious seconds.Miraine1 5h
7h Affliction low dps Hey all. my dps is low. my item level is around 880 and when i practise on dummy i got 250k - 300k dps. my rotation: putting dots, getting enough reap souls then cast 2-3 ua and drain soul during debuffs. any advise?Warhun5 7h
7h Do u think affliction is fun? I want to hear your opinions! cheers guysEvilforce7 7h
20h Ideas for new talent, replacing SE Soul Effigy gone for good, finally, wohoo, drinks on me. NOW is the time to give your own ideas (nothing overpowered please), maybe we can compile a lot of good ideas and then post it on the Class Development forum. I'm pretty sure the developers are already working on the new talent, but giving our feedback and suggestions is always a good thing, THEY DO READ THE FORUMS so lets keep it clean. Repost from US forums, thought to let the discussion go on EU forums tooRaynn15 20h
21h Rate the Warlock transmog above you! As the previous topic reached it limit. Lets start over again!Darrandor3 21h
1d Demonology Sigryn challenge The problem is im struggling to break caster's shield and die.. Why Is it too strong? I heard someone with 890 ilevel completed it so it shouldnt be that hard. But i couldnt past the shield phase 2nd time.. no problem with mechanics but my dps is not enough to break that damned shield in time! what do you think the problem is? any tips? is it because im all pvp gear? HELP!Musallåt6 1d
1d Minimum ilvl needed for artifact challenge Hey guys can you tell me the minimum ilvl to complete the affliction challenge i'm on 888 with the sacralash ring so I was wondering the ilvl where the challenge is do ableDerange2 1d
1d Best spec for 7.2 all in title guys let's discussSanktionz7 1d
1d [Affli Challenge] Flybi 904 ilvl No ring tips Hello fellow locks! Completed my challenge today after about 60x tries using Wia/AC/MC/SL/Effigy. Been Reading alot of guides and some people says its not doable with sacrolash and 910+ ilvl. It is doable, but its really hard. I noticed some things that helped me along the way that werent in any of the guides. (Most guides were to rough imo) Leg: Head + Sephuz Consumable: Flask + Food + Prolonged Before starting, Mark Karam with a Square or something. p1: Summon your infernal and deactive all auto abilities, use Unendingresolve Before he spawns and take the hit while clicking you pets taunt. It worked for me 100% of the times and just get to p2. P2: Seeing you can get to P2 using this infernal trick you can focus on doing the mechanics right. As an oveall tip, dont freak out. Yes you have to do many things at the same time as you kite. But breath and just let it take as many tries as it takes. I thought i was the Worlds worst warlock losing controll as f.... Before p2 starts. Position yourself so you can UA dump a bit before he reaches you. Same with p3. Alot of free dps p2 Problems: As karam is chasing you down he runs so fast you dont have time to UA the Hands from beyond and you die. Solution: ALWAYS save Cripple/Coil for Handbursts. Especially if your having problems meeting the dps requirements. P3: In this phase I lost controll so fast and my targeting was messy and I couldnt find hands etc etc. What helped me was a combination of trying to relax and Macros! i used 4x Macros which saved me a ton of time + Dps and I got Karam below 30% 3x times Before i finally killed him. I am by no means a macro expert so you can make em however you like. Macro 1: Target Hand of the beyond. So helpfull instead of trying to locate it with your mouse in all the nethery !@#$. Then I noticed it was pain to target Karam and cast cripple then target hand again so I made macro nr 2 and 3. I targetet Hand of the beyond with my macro nr 1 and then Macro nr 2 or 3 which is /target Karam, /cast cripple(Coil) /Targetlasttarget. And I saved some time clicking which I need for UA dumping the hand. For the runes i clicked my pet bar and that was just a mess. So i simply made a /petmove macro and put it on a nice button. With those macros I just tried it over and over again, a bit better everytime until i felt relaxed and he went down. It is hard, it, and it sure is a challenge. gl everyone, hopefully I helped someone with my pleb tips.Flybi2 1d
1d Demo Challenge - My thoughts and advice I just completed this, and figured I'd share my methods, in case it might help others. Spec: Demonic Calling Impending Doom Shadowfury Hand of Doom Demon Skin Grimoire of Supremacy Summon Darkglare Now, in the middle of the room there's a slightly elevated circle. Place a gateway from one end to other. Use this gateway to reach runes if needed, but only if you really need it. Now, you'll also want to make a macro like this: #showtooltip Fear /tar Sigryn /cast Fear Use this when she says something along the lines of "The power of my father runs through me". Second thing to note, the caster gains a shield which must be burned through to interrupt his cast. When you start the fight, keep your Doomguard on passive and manually command it to attack the caster-dude. This will give maximum uptime on dps on him to easier get through his shields. Interrupt when the shield is gone. Jarl will be the first of her buddies to activate, so I recommend starting with him as a target, maintain doom on the others and use Darkglare on cooldown. Doomguard Cripple when he buffs himself with the fixate thing. Shadowfury when he casts Bladestorm. 2-3 runes will spawn at semi-random locations. Always try to step on the smaller ones first, as they are closest to exploding. Val'kyr walls: Look for the gap and stand in it. The tricky part of the challenge begins when several of the different mechanics overlap. You may end up getting Jarl's Bladestorm at the same time as a val'kyr wall spawns, while Runes just appeared. Practice makes perfect. The final and most important advice I can give you: This is NOT a dps-race. If you have to stop dps'ing to properly do mechanics, do it. If you have to Drain Life to stay alive, do it! The only (and I really do mean ONLY) thing you need to nuke is the caster's shield. Everything else you can just stand there and melee it to death if you'd like.Aliphera3 1d
1d Warlocks and 7.2.5 So. Destruction is getting its soul shard generation pretty much halved outside of mass AoE situations (Fire & Brimstone), with all the bottom tier talents nerfed (Havoc, Demonfire, Conduit). But it's fine, because supposedly +50% damage on an ability that we'll cast 50% less of will somehow balance it. Affliction's bottom tier is getting BTFO'd ("Screw you for liking Conduit, nerd" - Papa Celes 2k16+1) and the top tier changes are laughable "We feel like some Warlocks want Haunt to be viable so we're keeping Haunt the same, nerfing Writhe by 50% and Malefic from 70% to 25% because screw you guys, you're not playing your class the way we fantasize it to be". So, I guess my question is - how's Demonology lads?Vitary3 1d
1d Accurate affli stat weights? Hey guys, so its common knowledge that we go mastery > Crit = haste or so BUT i really would know some precise pawn stat weights so i could decide if i equip a lower but socketed item or a higher item or similar situations.Feardotcom2 1d
1d Cancel SC Nerf for affli or fix effigy Blizzard being lazy again. Just becouse destro will get somewhat good and get lower soul conduit becouse of the changes doesnt mean you have to copy paste this sc 12% to affliction. Last talent tier is broken. Soul effigy wasnt ment to be only shard generator the orgin of this talent was to boost ST dmg before 7.1.5 when there was no MG. Now we basicly have 2 shard generator talents in the last tier of talents and no you nerf SC to the ground and force people to pick effigy for shard generation the dmg boost from effigy is just a fart in the dessert. Is this the playstyle you want for affliction? I know its not true and last talent tier need to be fixed. And effigy is outdated, make it atleast follow its target and remove sc and replace it with something new and fun. 12% SC will be useless and force people to choose effigy for shard generation and this was never the sole purpose of effigy. Dont be lazy get to work!Regulator13 1d
1d Affliction and Sephuz Secret So i had the (bad?) luck that i got sephuz as my 3rd legendary and Kiljaeden as second and pillars as first so the best choice i have here now is running kiljaeden and sephuz and now my question is how viable sephuz is as an affliction warlock? I used to play shadow priest which is also a dot class and sephuz was pretty strong there and in some cases even the best legendary so could sephuz be somewhat similar to that? I mean we scale pretty good with haste so it shouldnt be THAT bad right? How would i benefit most of sephuz secret? Should i go for example mortal coil in dungeons and use the kick always right before i start bursting with UA? Would be cool if anyone with sephuz could give some advice here.Feardotcom4 1d
1d Affliction challenge question Can I do it with 895 without the ring? I seem to have lots of trouble keeping up with the hands, since I need like 4-5 UAs to kill one of them, also even when I kite karam perfectly I still don't have enough dps. Any tips?Remoras0 1d
1d Mage Tower : Affliction Question. Hi, I just have a simple question. Is it intended that the Boss/Mobs from the Affliction challange glitch trough the ground and Buildings ? If so i dont know how i am supposed too do this.Mingle11 1d
1d Question about affliction rotation Hey there, have been wondering this for a while. Tested out different variants and had varying success with each of them. So my question is: At how many soulshards do I begin the UA,reap souls+ drain combo. Some people say 2, some people say 3, for me 4 worked just fine. But let's say I have bad rng generation, do I start at 2 soulshards aka 2 UAs or do I still wait for more?Remoras0 1d
1d Legion Destruction [PvP short movie] Hi guys, after a long absence I make new pvp video of Legion Destruction Warlock (patch 7.2). I hope you will enjoy it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKqL5VHcjjM I will try to make more, depending of viewing.Youker0 1d
1d Bug with Fel Succubus: The Fel Succubus is not gaining the Demonic Empowerment buff And btw, please fix Hand of Gul'dan not doing damage and not summoning imps when the current target dies while the meteor is in the airJanskrotnes13 1d
2d Glyph of Felguard/Wardrobe integration Now that we have the wardrobe that saves the appearance of all our gear, wouldn't it be better to get rid of the unwieldy glyph and just let us pick what weapons we want our fel/wrathguards to use from either the pet or wardrobe menu, and by extension, let us at least view the gear we've unlocked for other classes i.e 2handers for melee?Hypotenous0 2d
2d Interesting Lock Builds So I was reading through the warlock forum a little while ago and I noticed the "How I learned to stop casting Chaos Bolt and love the ring" thread that was made, detailing how to make a destruction build reliant on fire spells rather than Chaos Bolt. I also had a conversation with a friend of mine, more recently, about his DH build which relies on metamorphosis and ludicrous leech to get silly DPS numbers when raiding. It got me thinking... does anyone else have some "interesting" warlock builds? Combinations of talents which alter some of the flavour / how the spec plays, rather than just % damage tweaks. As for my contribution: I once managed to accidentally make a viable Demo build which just spammed implosion rather than letting them stay out. DPS was lower than it should have been (imps are... y'know... better damage dealers alive than imploded) for my ilevel, but it was a lot of fun and I successfully raided through HC Emerald Nightmare and Trial Of Valor with that rotation.Koshdrol5 2d
2d starting up again, 91 to 110 So need to start up this character again, get her to lvl 110. So some guidiance is needed. Best leveling spec, and what is good to run for some solo stuff, like surviving doing WQ's when I am not that well geared. Think she is demo atm, just because, meh, demon tanks and other useful stuff. any feedback is appriciated.Chromie4 2d
2d Macro instead of Command Demon Just found my old macro and realized it still works. I realized Command Demon ability wasn't gonna cut it since it won't work on any of the new Succubus forms (from the glyphs), likely the same for Wrathguard. Regular macro's I tried that were suggested didn't work, until I found this old one I always used before Command Demon was even an actual spell (they introduced this to replace the need to create a macro, but now this ability doesn't even work, lol.. back to macro's!). Anyway here are two of them that I use in case other people are looking for them too: #showtooltip /cast [pet:Imp]Flee;[pet:Succubus,target=target]Seduction;[pet:Felhunter,target=target]Devour Magic;[pet:Voidwalker]Shadow Shield;[pet:Felguard,target=target]Axe Toss; /stopmacro #showtooltip /cast [pet:Imp]Cauterize Master;[pet:Succubus]Whiplash;[pet:Voidwalker]Suffering;[pet:Felhunter]Spell Lock;[pet:Felguard]Felstorm; /stopmacro Two macro's because some minions have two abilities to use (Succubus/ Felguard for example).Raynn3 2d
2d Why would you play warlock? summons are handy! Can any of you fellow warlocks tell me why I should continue playing warlock after checking the upcoming changes? (pve)Curseddog17 2d
2d Does Fel Lord scale with gear? I.e does his dmg and health get better the better gear we get?Warferno4 2d
2d Aaaand it's gone ! We hear you all on Soul Effigy. We’re going to remove it in the next PTR patch. It’s concerning when the community sentiment towards a talent isn’t that it’s overpowered or underpowered, but that everyone is terrified they’re going to have to play that way if it becomes strong. yes, YES ,YES !!! Nothing i can add too that.Mingle33 2d
3d Rate the Warlock transmog above you! I love mogging my gear so I wanna see some inventive mogs. GO!Demonyo500 3d
3d Rate the Warlock transmog below you! I'm tired of the old concept. Why not trying to predict the appearence of the next warlock,give a detailed explanation of his stuff ,rate it(TMOG) and see how much you were wrong (or right?). You may also rate the precision(P) of the warlock's description above you (I expect this score to be reaaally low :p) Here we go: Your wristlets do not match with your belt and it kinda ruins the effect of a shadowy warlock. TMOG: 6.5/10 P: nullKhâmul1 3d
3d Unstable Affliction dispel question Hi dear warlock friends. I would like to help my healer friend to improve his gameplay, however i don't really know your dot called Unstable Affliction. I don't have warlock, and never had.So i would like ask one question about the UA. First of all, if a healer dispels a target affected by more stacks of Unstable Affliction, does each stack does it's dispel damage: ... or just it does damage once? If i know well, it was doing damage in previous expansion depending on how far the dot was to expire. For my next question i don't believe it is the right topic to ask, but if some of you know answer, i would be really grateful. For example there is a 3s group. P1 and P2 is affected by UA, they both are in range of the aura of the holy paladin. So, if a Holy paladin with TIER 3 honor talent Cleanse the Weak dispels an UA from P1 it is also dispelled from P2. Does both UA deals damage, and is that silence has DR on the healer? I really appreciate your answer. Thank you, and have a nice day. Bye.Linadre0 3d
3d affliction arenas what makes you better than a dummy? actually i dont live as much as them and really bored with this. please share your experinces with me and give some tips for 2s, 3s. thank you.Oldbaddays5 3d
3d Issue with the challenge(demo) So currently im going slighty over 100 attempts on the demonology challenge, slowly trying to adapt to the mechanics, an extremely painful process regardless. When Sygrin at about 90%, the mechanics because a lot more harsh, the number of runes increases to 4, but here's my issue - 1. Constant overlapping of mechanics, every single time i get valkyrs, runes and jarl enrage at the same time with which i have to deal with in a 2 second window opr one of em will destroy me. 2. RNG to the mechanics themselves, as in, runes spawn in random spots, as well as the valkyr gap. 3. A valkyr bug, namely, the row which comes from the wolf boss's side, when i stand precisely in the gap, they still hit me. 4. Very, very poor drain life heal, in full duration i cannot even get 1/3 of my health back. The first 5 mins of the fight go well, during which i can get 10% of boss's health off, but after that the mechanics go into a complete mess, for example runes and valkyr, the small runes spawns at one spot, and the valkyr gap - on the other side, meaning i cannot get both due to lack of mobility. I really cannot find a solution for how to deal with 3 mechanics within 1-2 second window, the runes spawn constantly far away from the valkyr gap which makes it undoable because one or the other will kill you. Every video i have watched, don't have such problems, they always deal with mechanics relatively easily without overlaps. Any tips in this regard, because this is now getting so ridiculously exausting, both, mentally and physically that i cannot figure out other ways to deal with it.Yembe19 3d
3d Affliction needs a buff for arenas! The squishiest class in the game. Its impossible to survive against melee. Affliction needs serious update for arena pvp HELP!!!(dont tell to play demo please)Musallåt6 3d
3d Affliction Warlock Ignored by the Devs The only change for affliction is nerfing Soul Counduit to the ground is showing how lost the devs are with affliction warlock. See soul conduit was never stronger talent than soul effigy, but effigy is so badly designed people choose SC anyway. Now you say sc damage is over the top, that is not the case. Most of the time effigy does higher and more constant damage, but using the effigy is not fun and has many problems. Targeting and range make you having to put too much focus on the effigy, which is unsatifying to use partly becouse its damage is too low and its only there for as a soul shard generator. Overall it does less damage than low tier talent silphon life dot with absolute corruption talent+ sacrolash dark strik(+15% corruption damage) Now i see you only monitoring warcraftlogs and sc seems high but only when you have really good RNG(the cancer of mmo games) plus short fights youre dps can vary from 700k to 1M dps with soul conduit. Sometimes you get really nice damage from the rng machine and warcraftlogs only show this and you rush to nerf it. Most people would choose the more constant damage from effigy lets say 850k but becouse of its not a fun and satisfying to use people choose soul conduit. Overall the last tier of affliction talents are a mess and you need to fix effigy, the goal is players to have fun right? Make it follow its target or replace effigy and soul conduit all together and give us something fun to play with and dont force people to use unwanted talent just becouse you dont care to fix it. These changes are killing the fun factor of affliction, is this what you want? When we players are putting so much time and effort on this game and spec and pay for it, it would be nice to see the dev's doing the same. Nerfing our new golden trait 3x weaker right after release of 7.2 doesnt look promising when we are thinking do the devs really know what they are doing.Regulator21 3d
4d Blizzard: What's your plan on demonology? Some introduction: With the beginning of the Addon you promised 2 simple things: 1.)We don't want to make a lot of balance changes for people to feel secure in their spec choice 2.)We won't let simulations affect our balances choices You took away a lot of our demo specific funstuff to give it to demonhunters and gave us some really shiny toys with some obvious and still not fixed flaws. Now we Demos are wondering: What are we actually meant to be doing in a raiding scenario? The only thing we SHOULD be able to excell is constant single target dps with less to none movement. The big problem with that is that only on paper (in Sims) we are really good at that. Taking a very small glimpse into logs there's to realize that demo lock excells in not a single fight over other classes and very recently not even over its brotherly spec Afflicition. Instead of excelling at at least something we are the one to make excuses: - sorry my class can't bomb really well without suffering significant loss in ST - sorry my class can't cleave very well because of a lack of cleaving abilities - sorry my class can't switch targets because all pets except for the mainpet can't be commanded and have a long ramp up time AND Blizzard gave me that new trait so that I need to send my Imps onto my Hound-target. And still as a demo we have to endure ST nerfs in every single patch wether is Imp-damage or dreadfang nerf just shortly after we got this exciting toy or legendary nerfs etc. We as demos have so many flaws and so many things we can't be good at f.e. if the boss moves our mainpet and hounds can't deal effective dmg and sometimes bosses have to move. With so many problems why can't we as Demos have something to be really good at? Do you have some special Sims or logs not one of us has access to. Do we all play our spec wrong because we are not able to be somewhere toptier at any fight? In the rare cases demo is good it's some gimmick Build with Legendary+Impending Doom+lazer-eye-lord-ugly-stuff-thing. I just wanna know a few things: 1.) Are you aware of the problems demonology is suffering from? 2.) Do you even have a plan for where you want to get with demo? 3.) What are we supposed to be good at that we get nerfed every single patch. Our Imp-Damage is our most significant damage I totally get that, but other classes deal from 40 up to almost 60% of their dmg with a single ability that needs much less setup. Why is 30-40% of damage via Imps so bad? I really want to love Demo lock, but you're making it quite hard. Edited: Fixed some spelling mistakes (not all) because writing on a tablet sucks.Vítali7 4d
4d Affi lock in pvp How is affi lock in PvP ?. I am now lvl 830 on gear and honor lvl 30. I up lives that we are easy kill and have a little trouble dmg. Appreciate tips and hints on what needs to change.Kanina8 4d
4d current state demo lock @pve Hi guys, So how is their ST/AoE dmg atm? and what are your toughts about the rotation cheers!Finaso4 4d
4d WWYD Gear Spec I have a massive decision to make. I have the bottom 6 legendaries for every spec (O yea... feel the jealousy. All the utility belongs to me). Which spec do I put my last hope in?!?!Arialia1 4d
4d Minion glyph FIXES? When? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753716701 In short, all the glyphs that change your minions are bugged. With people reporting most abilities not working, Command Demon not working, bugged summoning animations (not showing up) and even cases of minions not working at all anymore ("internal pet error" when trying to summon them). Any ETA (or even plans) to fix these things? Or should we just remove the glyphs and pretend they arent there? Seriously blizzard, if you don't want us to customize how our pet looks, just say so. Dont tease us with cool looking glyphs that are not working!Raynn0 4d
4d Spec for Succubus minion? Hey, leveling a warlock again after not having played one since TBC pretty much. But what spec exactly uses succubus now? I remember back in the day you basically took whatever minion you wanted, but now I see that each spec has their "own" minion. On affliction it says the Felhunter will deal more damage on targets with DoTs. Demonology as always have their strong special Felguard minion. And Destruction has their imp. But while I can use whatever I want, it seems those mentioned minions will do the most damage for that specific spec. So in PVE / PVP am I no longer really able to choose? Will I lose too much dmg if I use succubus instead of felhutner as afflic?Raynn9 4d
4d Power Trip build. So... the new power trip build for ST and raids. Was this intended by Blixzard or an unforseen consequence of thal'kiels ascendance? I don't like the build at all. The Demolock has been for me the fun class because of the low RnG and the styled through rotation. Now it is very RnG reliant and i think it is sad that Blizzard tries to push all specs in this direction.Gashluck5 4d