Warlock

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Reporting You can quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to our general Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
14h EU warlock feedback thread Edit: This post has been updated to 7.2.5 ptr feedback. If there is anything you think should be mentioned here, please feel free to leave a comment. Hello fellow warlocks, I've seen the Q&A and the question about warlocks. The devs noticed that warlocks were clearly unhappy with their class and they said that they are trying to figure out what the exact problems are and they're watching the forums now. However, they noticed that most posts are about "Reroll, quit game, gj ruining it blizz" So now that the devs are looking for feedback, let's take this opportunity to give them clear feedback. I will summarize the feedback given below. Simple rules: - Tell us your main warlock spec - 3-4 things you don't like about the spec right now. - Be realistic and keep it short and simple - No cry or rage posts. - If someone writes something unrelated or makes a not appreciated post, click the dislike button so we can easily filter out those unwanted posts. Summarized Feedback starts here: WARLOCK IN GENERAL Demonic Circle The #1 mentioned thing about warlock in general is that Demonic Circle is missed as a baseline ability. Demonic circle feels out of place in the CC talent row where we have to choose between 2 CC talents and 1 mobility spell. We are tanky casters, so no, we don’t have to be mobile like mages, but we could use at least 1 gap maker ability. Demonic Circle was the perfect ability to fill this place as it didnt make locks too mobile without losing that ''tanky caster'' fantasy. Speaking purely from a PvP perspective: In this meleeheavy meta locks need something to ‘’reset’’ the fight from time to time. Demonic gateway is our only baseline mobility spell right now and is not a loved as a replacer to Demonic Circle to PvPers. It has a 3 sec cast time, it feels clunky and is only available every 1.5 min. It only really shines in arenas. Burning Rush should be a baseline ability Locks without burning rush have a hard time in M+ content because they lack a mobility spell to keep up with the other classes who usually have at least 1. Burning Rush is the only talent locks have that can assist them in keeping up, but they have to sacrifice a defensive talent, which is kinda sour and they might need it in a phase that requires them to have one of these defensive talents. Some argue that it should be considered to make baseline and that the talent spot should be replaced by a new defensive ability. Grimoire of Sacrifice The old GoSac allowed us to sacrifice our demon and gain one of it’s abilities. It would be really awesome to have this back again, because some locks want to play without a demon and feel forced to play with one, because we simply can't afford losing most of the pet utilities (Interrupt mostly). Bugs & Quality of life: - When 7.2 went live, the unique voicelines of the glyph demons disappeared. It would be great to see them return! - The Glyph of wrathguard bug was noticed and hotfixed, but this hotfix did not actually fix the problem. The wrathguard still seems to stand further away from raid bosss than the felguard. This is the cause for wrathguard not using mortal cleave, which results in a big dps loss. - Many affliction locks loved the old Malefic Grasp animation, perhaps this can be added when you pick the talent. Or maybe this could be made into a Glyph? - We used to have a glyph that allowed us to walk on water with our dreadstead, perhaps this could be reintroduced as a class book ability.Etainn449 14h
21 Apr 2017 [GUIDE] PvP Demonology Warlock 7.1.x Introduction Hello fellow Warlocks! My name is sosseri and i've been playing Demonology since cataclysm and been a "top" contending player in the PvP ladder since MoP. Many have asked me to make a guide for a long time and I finally thought it was time for me making one. This guide is mostly going to be made for the beginner's who want to get into Demonology in Arenas, but could also be useful for those who are familiar with the specialization, where i'll get into some tricks you could use to min max your performance. I'll do my best to cover everything up. I will also be editing this guide in the future for coming changes, so be sure to check in again. (Updated for 7.1.5, 2017-03-20) DISCLAIMER: Talent choices, artifact pathing, etc.. that I guide through are experiences of my own for best performance in Arenas. This doesn't necessarely mean that you might find this fit for your experiences in Arena or other aspects of PvP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contents 1. Talents 2. PvP/Honor Talents 3. Artifact Priority 4. Damage "Rotation" 5. Race Choices 6. Macros/Addons 7. Tips/Tricks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Talents Tier 1 Shadowy Inspiration: Not a bad talent either, but it offers much more gimmick compared to shadowflame for Arenas. Shadowflame: Probably the best talent choice. Deals good amount of damage and is much less gimmicky in PvP. Demonic Calling: Gimmicky compared to shadowflame, eventhough this talent isn't too bad, could be an option if dreadstalkers were stronger. Tier 2 Impending Doom: This talent is very handy in 3v3 Arenas when you play DOT/ROT composition in Arenas and have 3 targets you want to use Doom on for faster ticks or compositions where there are no curse dispellers. Improved Dreadstalkers: This talent is more of a choice in a matchup where you want to focus less on rotting and have more single target damage. I'd choose this where you want to play double DPS and you have a short amount of time to get your damage and where games last shorter. Implosion: Not as good after the nerf that hit implosion in 7.0.3 + synergy nerf. Tier 3 Demonic Circle: Good against enemy compositions where you think you will be targeted by enemey team (mainly cleaves), very effiicient in big maps like Tol'Vir and Blade's Edge Arena where you have the bridge as an advantage. Mortal Coil: Good against Compositions where you think u wont be attacked for most of the time and want to peel more or just get an easier setup for a kill or cc. Shadowfury: Good in compositions where you don't have an aoe stun or against melee cleaves that you need to peel of for your healer that lacks mobility to get them of for a moment. Tier 4 Hand of Doom: Best talent in the tier, good all around all comps. What I like to utilize this talent with is spending less gcds on casting doom and trying to hand of gul'dan each target to apply doom, where I basically room to spend my gcds on other abilities while i Power Trip: This talent is good for an additional chance too regenerate Soul Shards, good gameplay wise, fluid and consistent in Arenas, i'd recommend it against less cleavy setups and compositions where you think you will sit a lot of cc (Rogue/Mage/X) Soul Harvest: Not an ideal choice for arenas, but can work if you are playing something that is more setuped based. Hand of Doom and Power trip offer much more in the longer run. Tier 5 Demon Skin: Best talent choice overall for you and your pets survivability, mainly due to soul link. Burning Rush: I don't even know what to say, I can't see it being useful anywhere. Dark Pact: Not as good after the talent swap on demonic circle in 7.1, the amount of absorption is great, but this will eventually kill your demon and be very annoying. Tier 6 Grimoire of Supremacy: Not worth going for, losing felguard Pet stun, MS and its less damage uptime. Though, Doomguard and Infernal have great utility. Grimoire of Service: Great talent if you feel like u want an extra CC with felhunter or felguard in order to stop CC. Grimoire of Synergy: Great uptime for the damage bonus, good choice overall against all compositions. Tier 7 Darkglare: Best talent choice overall, great damage and is much less gimmicky compared to the other talents. Demon Bolt: Not an ideal choice for arenas, very gimmicky because it requiers a lot of setup with standing still. Soul Conduit: This is a good talent in combination of Implosion, but not an ideal choice in its current state since Implosion got nerfed.Sosseri40 21 Apr 2017
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
5h Warlock is dead - Survival - Mobility + Good dmg for Affliction rest is - bad. - Crowd Control ( Shadow Fury need to be instant cast where is Howl of Terror? Also blood horror I miss and the purge talent which is an extra trinket. ) I think dis will show everyone the basics why Warlock is bad at the current patch.Ájszmen8 5h
5h Will warlocks get better? Now im running around as a new player playing most classes i like to figure out which one to main... Between rogue-hunter-warlock Hunter upside: easiest+pet. downside: boring. Rogue upside: fast+intense. downside: no aoe and paper defense i hate to run away. Warlock upside: most versatile, pet, dark. downside: squishy, immobile, low 1 target dps. The question is realy according to WoW history, will warlock get any better?Dakroy19 5h
7h Does someone here DOES enjoy lock pvp? I'm a new player after making a warlock i was reading forums and all i saw was negative posts about the class, made me reroll to a rogue (since im mostly solo player) i realy want to know is there someone here that thinks differently and can say that he do well as warlock in pvp?Shadowrb17 7h
7h Aritros' PVP Destruction Guide for BFA 8.0 Due to the immense amount of requests for a Destruction PvP Guide, i decided to give my insight on Destruction so some people might learn a thing or two. Important: I wrote this guide within 1 hour, dont be angry if there is something lacking. Might add more later. If you got questions, ask them. Trying to keep this updated. Content: Introduction Situation of Warlock and Destruction Talents Azerite Stats Comps Gameplay Positioning Tips and TricksIntroduction Hello all, My name is Aritros, I play Warlock since WotLk, I achieved multiple Rank one Titles and Gladiators on Warlock while playing several tournaments with my highlights being EU Regionals 2017 and competing on Blizzcon 2017 right after that. Situation of Warlock and Destruction First of all I need to say: Right now the state of Warlock is not that great. Warlocks lack defensives and some even some damage, so you HEAVILY rely on your mates. Destruction is known for high burst spikes while having decent sustained, paired with good amounts of control. Yet due to having to hardcast almost everything, certain matchups like Melee Cleaves or Rshaman/Ele/X can be a true nightmare to play against. Another issue is the limited amount of Mana, Fear costs alot of Mana so you are not allowed to spam Fear. Talents Level 15 - Flashover The first row is an easy choice, you always take Flashover. The damage support from Eradication and the damage from Soul Fire are simply too low. (Although you can split Soul Fire with Havoc) Level 30 - Reverse Entropy: The second row is clear aswell, due to low amounts of haste on your gear right now, Reverse Entropy is your to-go choice here. The buff grants you 15% and got a really high uptime. Level 45 - Defensives This Tier is more of a preference, yet Burning Rush it not an option. Whether you decice to play Demon Skin or Dark Pact is a preference, I personally prefer having a sustained flow of absorb shields with Demon Skin. Level 60 - Cleave Inferno does not procc often enough, Fire and Brimstone does not enough damage, so Cataclysm is the choice. Cataclysm provides decent amounts of burst by critting up to 20k and applying Immolate. It can also be used to cleave people behind pillars, reapply Immolate or soak Interrupts (since it does not lock the Chaos school). Level 75 - Darkfury, Coil, Port The choice here is either Mortal Coil or Demonic Circle, both are equally good, depending on the matchup. If you are up against a Melee Team or a Warrior, you usually take Port, otherwise Coil. Level 90 - Supremacy vs. Roaring Blaze Grimoire of Sacrifice is not an option due to losing your pet (which greatly limits your utility since you cannot Interrupt targets behind pillars or when stunned). Roaring Blaze can be decent when you know EXACTLY that you wont get a SINGLE bolt off, but that is barely the case. I personally played it only 2 or 3 times this season. Grimoire of Supremacy is the best choice here, it is also your main burst cooldown. When you are left alone with Infernal up, you can stack your Chaos Bolt to 60-80k damage. (I will explain more about this playstyle later) Level 100 - Dark Soul vs. Channel Demonfire Channel Demonfire provides a decent amount of both single target and cleave pressure, yet Dark Soul is better since it provides a guaranteed damage Increase to Chaos Bolts. Attention: Channel Demonfire can break CC really easy since it cleaves all the time. PVP TALENTS: Focused Chaos is a must, in Non-mage comps the Root Talent aswell. The last is kinda open, i prefer either Cremation or Spell Reflect. Azerite - Which items do i take? The best Trait to stack right now is Flashpoint. Flashpoint increases your haste by a significant amount when your Immolate damages a target above 80% health, which is basically always the case. If you have a certain amount of haste on your gear and with other Proccs as from Overwhelming Power (should also pick that if available) and your Reverse Entropy Talent, you can push your cast times by an insane amount. In my case Fear takes only 1 second to cast, Incinerate is 0.8 or 0.9 depending on the proccs. Stats The stats for Destruction Warlock right now are: Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Versatility. Haste speeds up your entire gameplay, making fasts caster and globals shorter. Mastery boosts both your damage (extra % on damage per spell) and defensives, since Destruction's Mastery is a flat damage reduction. Crit improves your Shard generation and Chaos Bolt damage, Versa is not a good stat at all for Destro. Comps Right now Warlock is in a bad state, you need to play either with a Frost Mage or a good hybrid like Feral Druid. The best comp so far is Holy Paladin/Feral/Destro (FLP) and Frost Mage/ Rshaman/Destro (MLS). You can also easily play Mage Lock with a Paladin or a Druid. Feral Lock with a non-Paladin is a bit more difficult, the second best healer choice is a Resto Shaman (FLS). Comps right now for Warlocks are really limited. I give a short insight on the best two onces below. Comp Strat: FLP FLP got an insane amount of CC with Hoj, Rep, and Fear being on different Dr's. The usual strat is to CC the enemy healer while stopping CC on your own. In Addition to that the Feral got really good off-healing. Important is that you communicate with your Healer who uses a Cooldown, A CD overlap (e.g. Sac + Wall) usually loses you the game. If you are on voice, you can e.g. make clear who uses a CD by letting your healer manage your teams defensives (aka Dont use wall unless your healer tells you to). You can also Survive entire CC Chains by just kiting and letting your feral offheal. Comp Strat: MLS MLS is a solid comp, the ultimate strat especially vs Melee teams is to not let the enemies touch you. Frost Mage got the best slows in the game to support, you play Port in almost any match since Coil Dr's with Mage's Polymorph. This strat can sometimes result in 20 sec kiting the melees around pillars and then doing damage for 8-10 seconds and then run away once more, but thats how Warlock is right now. MLS got a really powerful amount of CC, probably one of the best ingame with Polymorph and Fear being really long and not Dr'ing each other. If you do it right you can put many matches into a 3v1 for a certain amount of time. Grimoire of Supremacy is really good in this comp due to slow moving enemies giving you alot of free room to cast. A good play is also (when enemies just stay behind the pillar) to combine Mage's Frozen Orb, your Shadowfury and then Cataclysm for some heavy cleave pressure. Overall Gameplay Warlock gameplay right now is alot about kiting. Melee teams are usually the greatest struggle, Warlock can't live on its own. You either need someone with strong offheals when your Healer is CCd (Feral) or you need good support from e.g. a Frost Mage with Polymorphs and 65-85% slows. Positioning Positioning is really Important right now, the correct positioning of Gate and Portal decides about life and death. You need to put your port always close to your gate so you can do the Port+Gate combination in the worst case. Basically just put your port down at the pillar where your healer is OR in line to your healer, but also at a Pillar. (great help i know hehe) Blade's Edge is a special case. Besides the usual Portal upstairs you can now since BFA make your gateway from the lower level to the top of the bridge (not on the ramp, from the lower floor to the edge of the bridge). Majority of Melees can't follow that. Same goes for Mugambala. Tips and Tricks: You can Poly (MLS) and Fear (you) a BM Hunter's Pet to reduce damage by alot, especially on Bestial Wrath Infernal -> Shadowfury provides some great control To kite a Warrior properly, just force him to use Charge, into port. Majority of Warriors will just Leap to you and now you Gate. If the Warrior is also slowed, you got a lot of time to deal damage on him now. If you want to go offensively with your Infernal, use it with 4 Shards so you have a global for Dark Soul. By doing that the first Shard wave of Infernal fills the 5th Shard.Can i watch you play somewhere? -> twitch.tv/aritros1 Questions? Ask. Have a nice dayAritrosyo2 7h
10h Just a couple of questions Why do my Felhunter de-aggro when i use either "Devour Magic" or "Spell lock"? I used to be able to have my pet on passive and send him on whatever target i wanted and he`d stay on target until i called him back or the target was dead. Also is there a particular reason i can`t put Devour Magic on auto-use anymore? And lastly why does my healthstone not grey out when iv`e used one charge in combat? I keep thinking i got my healthstone in backup when i in fact do not.Winðrunner0 10h
12h Demonology's Main Problem (TL:DR on the bottom) The main problem I see that plagues Demonology is the Felguard. The dependency of the Felguard causes Demonology Warlock to lose/gain the following: Loses from other pets: - Interrupt (Fel Hunter – 24s cooldown) - Dispel Magic (Imp – 15s cooldown) - Disorient (Succubus – 30s cooldown) Gains from Felguard: - Ranged stun (30s cooldown) - Felstorm (30s cooldown, more AoE damage) - Legion strike (10% less healing for enemies, more AoE damage) Utility lost must be gained somewhere else in the spec, either in form of utility or damage. Even if the Demonology-damage is tuned on par with the other two specs, it does NOT fix the problem. Currently, Demonology must have MORE damage than the other two specs because of the LACK of utility options. This is why I believe, removing the Felguard dependency is the best option. The following are my suggestions on fixing the Felguard dependency: Remove or change Legion Strike and Felstorm The Felguard does the same damage as others pets on singlet-target. However, Felstorm and Legion Strike increases the AoE damage. Normalize the damage and add utility in its stead, or remove the Felguard. Changing or replacing Demonic Strength I don’t recommend replacing it, changing it would be simpler. With a change, we get to keep a talent and use others pets. Summon a Felguard and command it to charge your target and unleash a Felstorm, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for X physical damage every 1 for 5 seconds. I have no idea what to replace it with. Conclusion: Dependency on the Felguard causes the problems, the Felguard itself is not the issue. TL:DR - Change or remove Felguard.Heidigga19 12h
13h Not that bad at all Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm repeatedly doing m+4/5 and I am always reaching top 1 on 1-3 targets. I am destro ilvl 346. My dps is going up to 20k on bosses. So please stop complaining about the PvE damage - we are totally fine, just make sure about your talent choice and proper rotation. That's all.Fubbler30 13h
14h Rate the Warlock transmog above you! *NEW* Since the last post reached it's limit. Start with me :)Elyshal230 14h
14h Warlock or Hunter main? I have a question. With coming of the new allied races, I'm considering changing my main. I play solo and only pve, and I wand to do as many things as I can. I'm not super skilled or experienced in wow. Taking all than under consideration, can you guys compare for me hunter (beast mastery) and warlock (destruction or affliction). Especially in those situations: 1) soloing one very strong enemy like rare elites in Tanaan Jungle or on Argus without raid gear. 2) being attacked by multiple elites (like those in that one district of Suramar with stronger enemies) I know hunters are faster, more mobile but what about survivability. Which class is better and is the difference big.Serag5 14h
14h Absolute corruption arena bug? Lohi2 14h
14h I've had enough. I am tired of checking the forums and hoping for buffs. I've literally stopped playing WoW because of this mess they call the warlock class. I see all the other classes that are having in pvp and I feel really discriminated against. I know this sounds really dramatic but WoW is the only game I play and subsequently now my fun is ruined. I am happy for elemental shamans for getting Blizzard to acknowledge their class is !@#$ but all the same time I am so bitter that they haven't mentioned a %^-*ing thing about the warlock class. All we get is nerfs even though we are underperforming drastically. I have played this game since the beginning of The Burning Crusade and this is the final straw. I am finished with his game and the development team. I quit. GG Blizzard, you finally broke me. You broke me by letting me lose to semi-competent players who can easily shut me down and make level 1 characters on my faction to tell me "how bad I am at the game". I really hope this company burns to the ground and the game dies. I am so bitter at this point, clearly. This isn't even constructive, it's just frustration and rage on my part.Tazzle4 14h
14h Warlock PvP Feedback, Approach, Solutions Hello everyone! Introducing myself: (skip if not interested) I am a dedicated arena player since the start of Burning Crusade. I played multiple classes over the years and got a lot of insight into every spec of the game. I managed to hit 2828 as my highest rating with WLS at the end of MoP, as a Warrior. After that I put less effort into Arena because the class design of Arms Warrior went in a wrong direction for me, becoming one-dimensional. The class I ended up with having the most fun on was Warlock. I liked playing with Warlocks before and I always enjoyed the class design and fantasy behind it. I am not going to give one-sided feedback, I will do my best to be objective and take into account how possible changes may affect other classes in PvP and my ultimate aim is to have a balanced, competitive arena environment with a lot of comp variety. That said, I hope you approach my Warlock specific feedback as objective. Don’t think about it from only your classes point of view but think about how that may affect other classes as well. Feedback and Approach: This feedback is only covering the Affliction Specialization. In the past, Warlock have always been a stationary, tanky caster with a toolkit that allowed high impact when reading situations properly and having good awareness. Your goal was to decelerate the enemy team and mitigate as much burst as possible. Warlock games usually lasted longer, because you tried to out-sustain other teams via good defensive play and rot them down, draining the healers mana pool or overwhelming them by pure AoE pressure. The chance of winning increased the longer a match went on. On the flipside, the class always had a hard time against melee cleaves and if you weren’t able to kite properly, had bad positioning or used a CD at the wrong time, you just fell over. Considering what the class identity once was, we lost most of it due to the pruning. I will now present possible solutions that could not only bring the unique Warlock identity back but might be very effective ways to address the issues we are currently suffering. Possible Solutions Look at the solutions one by one, I don’t say we should get everything back but I will list all abilities that defined Warlock and had great impact, matching the class fantasy just perfectly. Soul Link: for 20% passive damage reduction we need due to the lack of mobility. Connecting to a Warlock is easy for almost every class. You can safe your mobility spells like Charge and Shadowstep until Warlocks use their Demonic Circle: Teleport. The Circle itself is usually positioned behind a pillar right in front of the starting room of your team, where your healer should be positioned. You can barely gain more distance than that because your circle is always at one end of the Arena and only a few are big enough to run further away once you teleported. Usually you stay behind the pillar to catch a heal and after a second or two the enemies will reconnect. Most good Warlocks try to run sideways then to gain some distance from the healer so melees can’t focus kick or CC him easily without using a gapcloser. Due to that high uptime we need a passive damage reduction. Some people argued that it would be the right way to not buff Warlock defense but nerf Melees, so Warlocks can survive. And here comes the objective part I was talking about: If you nerf melees to a level where Warlocks (with no passive damage reduction and high uptime) can survive the paintrain, how would they ever be able to kill classes that can gain distance, like Mages? If you would nerf Melees to a point where the weakest class can survive them, they would never be able to kill stronger classes (assuming same levels of skill). (need to split into two posts because exceeding the character limit of 5,000)Whicked19 14h
21h Is destro bad in pvp or? Or its just me?, because of low ilvl. Low damage and im easy to kill.Balrohg4 21h
1d warlock not welcome in mythic Im trying to get in a group for mythic siege of boralus only to get declined because of the poor aoe now i feel uslessEvilbefall38 1d
1d This is just pathetic and sad... So last night tried to do some arena to get my cap and get 1,6 for weekly chest guess what happened , even while i had shiniest achievs in world like arena master and 2700 in 3s no one , literally no one wanted a warlock in their freakin teams! even if by chance i got into a group they removed me after 1 match! in literally every match since start till end i was being trained to ground even with fake casting 80% of time i could barely do any cast due to all the stuns and slows , so yeah thanks alot blizzard for taking all warlock's survival tools and giving nothing back! I highly highly doubt anyone at blizzard's dev team play or even have a warlock in their group while doing PVP , this is just so pathetic and sad...Bwg8 1d
1d Ritual Of Doom Blizz make Ritual Of Doom solo its soo stupid a day have i waitet on people and still no help have try find group and ask guild and in chat >.<Nomär1 1d
1d (Affliction) Sudden Onset HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ... ... Like WTF is this !@#$????? Played my hunter alt for a bit, everything is instant plus nice mobility. Warlock? Almost everything is a cast plus you have to make a choice, death coil which is nice for peels and some heal or minor mobility. WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Innerx32 1d
1d Buff Demo trait Demonic Meteor stack Today Demonic Meteor have buff 200%dmg and i think its a nice option for ppl ho have low haste cuz you can faster spawn demons witch this 15% ss refund but... this refund stack? if i have 2 or 3 piece with this trait?Xárdas2 1d
1d Maldiva, Money Mike you poor sausage My condolences man. The commentator repping warlocks there is in an obvious state of heartbreak. His hyperactive laughing is a mask, the guy on the far right literally saying "I hate warlocks" twice after laughing about it. Why do they hate warlocks? The bald guy in the middle claiming we're great at killing pets? It's anoying is it? You can revive, your pets are tankier than healers. Your pets have mad CC's and damage. Again are you just bad at the game or what? You know what is annoying? Being kited by literally every other class included melee's who easily reset fights. Not being able to use Healthstones more than once. Our poor survivability and the constant prune every year and the SYSTEMATIC DESTRUCTION OF XEL'NATHS LEGACY IN OUR CLASS DESIGN. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/310462779?t=01h37m17s Just watch this, rewind it for more warlock bashing from the commentators while our man tries to humbly defend us. It's obvious he get's a ton of flack behind the scenes when he complains about how bad warlocks are right now. He's brave for saying something live so they can't do anything about it.Abacabb15 1d
1d Blizzard - are you sleeping? I don't even PLAY warlock and I feel bad for warlocks. They need some serious love in PvP, they are without a doubt one of the easiest classes to kill and control. I faced a demo lock in 3s and it was honestly embarassing how hard he got spanked. Which really does confuse me - why spend so much time reworking a spec, then spend so so little time balancing said spec? Fix. plz.Vialism4 1d
1d Versatility stat So I try to play affliction this time, but get a lot of versatility stat on items. Just this morning I got 370 item with versatility as higher stat and mastery as lower. ilvl vise it's an 30 ilvl upgrade, but looking at stats it's a downgrade in terms of secondary stats as I'll be loosing 65 Haste and around 70 mastery. So my question is when one should consider upgrading to higher ilvl even if it mean that it will reduce your stats, which should be a priorities for a given spec ?Cryxa2 1d
1d We should start a "diary" Like ship commanders used to do. Entry #30 of BFA After a full month warlocks are still the most unwanted class in pvp. Im starting to think "god" doesnt like us that much and that we should have stayed in panda land. There the weather was warm and we could chill. The timetravel wasnt too bad untill you met a steroid turbo where they would just kill pet>u. In the islands full of demons we were gimmicky but at least we could still win games and have fun. In the troll islands, we are not finding that much success, i think the water might have something there and warlocks were the only ones who drank it.Jinsk0 1d
1d Destro or aff lock? What's the best DPS for PVE and PVP? Destruction or Affliction warlock?Balac8 1d
1d Afliction warlock Dps question I start play destruction warlock like a month ago and i was having fun but when i see in the graphs that afliction is third place in dps i give it a try and it as ok. I download recount to check my dps and what i saw was i do double the dps as destruction warlock.i looked for rotations for afliction and i can't get even close to 350 dps with afliction as with destruction i'm doing 600 and if i'm luck with the crits 700 . i thought it was my low haste the problem and i bought a haste potion, so my haste got to 20% and still my afliction was doing half the dps from the destruction !! what i'm doing wrong ??Kpman4 1d
1d Zeedojin's take on Demonology Warlock Hello everyone. This is my personal take on what I think that Demonology Warlock should be, as oppose to what we got now. The current iteration of Demonology Warlock is built around grinding through Shadowbolt and Demonbolt casts to build soul shards which in turn is used to hoard Imps, with the occasional Dreadstalkers, to deal your damage. With a mildly underwhelming Demonic Tyrant used as a cooldown. As far as AoE goes, we got Implosion... Now, even though the spec in of itself works, it does has some clunkyness to it which puts a dent on its mobility as well as poor reliability as you constantly need to ramp up in order to deal damage. My idea is a Demonology warlock which doesn't build soul shards to summon pets to deal your damage, but rather summons pets to generate soul shards for your own damage. Many spells and talents remain with similar usage. But there are a few significant changes which I believe could smooth out the spec a bit. First and foremost, soul shards. We no longer use soul shards, we use soul shard fragments. It's essentially the same as destro, smoothing out how we generate our resources and don't end up in a situation where we are unable to plan our rotation. Filler Shadow Bolt This is our filler. You use it and deal some damage. No additional effects. Soul shard generators. Hand of Gul'Dan It deals damage and summons imps, as before. But instead of costing 3 soul shards it's now on a 3 charge system with each cast summoning two or three imps. It doesn't have a cost, and has a rather short cast time. Each imp has 100 energy, uses 10 energy per casts and generates one soul shard fragment per cast. The cooldown gets reduced with haste, so we still generate more soul shards as our haste increases. Summon Dreadstalkers Similar as before, but they are also free, and generates soul shards throughout their duration. How much is unceratain, it's something that would need player testing to find a good balance. But basically, when you cast them your soul shard generation increases a bit for a short duration. Summon Felguard Same as before, but as other demons it now generates soul shards when it attacks. Seeing as this is a permanent pet it will most likely be your biggest source of soul shards throughout the fight, or at least in par with Imps. Summon Doomguard This is our 3 minute cooldown. It does a good amount of damage upon summon, and also generates a good amount of shards throughout it's duration. Implosion It's the same as it is now, but as it sacrifices the imps to deal damage, it also instantly generates shards / deal damage based on the amount of energy the imps have left. Soul shard spenders. Doom This spell becomes base line again, but it costs 1 soul shards, last 1 minute and ticks every 10 seconds (or 6, not sure on a good number). Every tick deals damage and summons an imp on crit. This gives crit some value to our spec and makes it a lot less laborious to use. Soul Fire Costs 1 soul shard, faster cast than Shadow Bolt and deals more damage. I like the idea of this being a fire spell to make use out of green fire. Demonwrath Causes your Felguard to spark with energy, dealing damage to all targets around it. Channeling, draining 0.5 soul shards per second and can be cast on the move. Passive Demonic Core This one has been reworked. For every soul shard you spend you have a change to grant you a charge of Hand of Gul'Dan. This passive will work similar to how Agony generates soul shards. For every sould shard you spend, you will add a random number to a value. When that value reaches a certain point you will generate the extra charge. The reason for this is to make it's proc more consistant, and not have long periods of nothing or periods where you get 3 charges instantly, causing 1.5 to be wasted. This is the base. The class still retains it's utility as I don't believe it needed much change. If anything I would give the class something to make their pets survivability better. Talents First Row Dreadlash and Demonic Strength remain the same, but Bilescourge Bombers turns into Hand of Doom. However instead of passivly applying Doom with Hand of Gul'Dancasts it is a spell that costs 2 soul shards, 2 second cast and applies doom to all targets in a targeted area. Second Row aka Soul Shard generation row. Demonic Calling stays, but now passivly becomes instant and increases the attack rate of the dogs causing them to generate more soul shards. Soul Conduit This basically stays the same but it works of individual soul fragments instead and what % it should be needs to be playtested. Imp Swarm A spell with a 1.5 minute cooldown that instantly summons an army of imps to assisst you. Third Row This is a utility row that stays the same for now. Fourth Row aka obligatory single target damage increases. From the Shadows Similar as it already works, but instead of increasing shadowflame damage taken it increases damage taken from Soulfire. Shadowflame Instant cast, costs 1 soul shard and throws a bolt of shadowflame at the target dealing damage over 5 seconds. 10 second cooldown. Summon Vilefiend Two second cast time, costs 2 soul shards and summons a pet that deals damage over it's duration. Lasts for 10 attacks which generates 2 soul fragments per attack. 30 second cooldown. Fith row Another utility row that stays the same. Sixth row slightly more exciting. Grimoire: Inquisitor Summons an inquisitor that stands by your side, applying agony and immolate to all available targets which you are in combat with. If all targets are afflicted it heals you or any demon that needs it. It's command demon ability is to supply you with all the soul shards it has generated. It generates soul shards faster the more targets that are available to apply damage over time effectss to. Grimoire: Eredar Mage Summons an eredar that fights by your side, throwing random damage increases on you. It's command demon ability is a slow in a targeted area that applies a dot. Replaces Felguard. Grimoire: Felguard Same as now but it doesn't cost a soul shard and generates fragments like your existing Felguard. Seventh Row Demonic Infusion Infuse yourself with demonic energy, altering your appereance to that of a demon (old metamorphosis). Causes your player character to gain the benefits of your own mastery. Base duration of 1 second with 0.1 for every demon you summon between casts. 10 second cooldown. Demonic Surge Channeled spell that blasts demonic energies into a target. Drains 1 soul fragment per tenth of a second, or 1 soul shard per second. Does increasing damage as the channel continues. Lasts until you run out of soul fragments. 45 second cooldown. Nether Portal Same as before. This concept can see a lot of improvements in the talent section. But the idea is to give Demonology more room for planing their rotation like it was in MoP and WoD as well as fix the clunkyness of putting it's shard generation on it's filler.Zeedojin2 1d
2d Free-fallin parody song Eyy, guys I'm just browsing old hard drives and came across this I wrote during WoD: She's a drood girl, loves Arena.. Loves Elune and Azeroth too, She's a boom girl, Crazy bout feathers Loves Sabers and the Night Elves too.. It's a long grind, levling from Brill and I'm in Trashran, She's running from afar.. And I'm a bad boy! Cause I din't miss her I'm a bad boy for stopping her heart. --- coz I'm freeeee! freee Caaasting! Yeah I'm freee! Free caaastiing. --- Ogre Empires fighting through the valley.. Pushing south bound, flag number five. Darkerskies and Mark, a Hunter and Mage.. We're the fun guys breaking their hearts. --- coz I'm freeeee! freee Caaasting! Yeah I'm freee! Free caaastiing. --- I'm gonna glide down, from our mage tower I'm gonna write her name from the sky I'm gonna freeee cast her into nothin' Chaos Bolts multistrike from thirty yards... --- I'm freeeee! (free casting me and.. Free casting we are) Freee Caaasting! (free casting now I'm.. Darkerskies and Mark are) Yeah I'm freee! Free caaastiing. (free casting me and.. Free casting we are) Free caaaasting! (free casting now I'm.. Darkerskies and Mark are) (solo) We're freeee! Freee Casting! (pyroblasts and... Chaos bolts and.. Barrages and...) We're freeee! Freee Casting! --- The weird sense of nostalgia from that. Multistrike holy crap remember that? I could multistrike my spells hahaha crazy... Anyway enjoy, if you can hear the song while you read. Never got around to recording the songAbacabb0 2d
2d Warlock Trinket https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRVzP_fvlAUTaschentuch5 2d
2d To many on use trinkets! U can't have ur best in slot trinkets because they are bot ON USE! ...like every good trinket is on use! wtf is thisBos0 2d
2d Warlocks >PVE< Are they ok? Again, speaking strictly from a PVE perspective. I know Warlocks have issues atm, but PvE wise, are they okay'ish? I want to be a ranged class, but I have a hard time picking one. MM is BAD Spriest is Bad Ele is BADBAD atm I feel that everybody and his mom plays BM hunter or Mage So where is lock in all of this?Lexie14 2d
2d Doom Talent is terrible. Indeed the whole row is bad. Let's face it, Doom isn't going to deliver the killing blow, and even if it does, 5% is not going to summon a Doomguard. What exactly is this RNG on RNG? Maybe not mind so much but the rest of the row is also a passive RNG or a talent the UI isn't even built for sufficiently to use addons to track Imp lifespans to actually get the most from it. Bad, bad, and bad. Fix them.Jessicka3 2d
2d Sudden onset nerfed by 30% this was a major shock to me i mean if anything warlocks need buffs in pvp. yet here we are getting nerfed by 30% to our main dmg spell as aff. yet the likes of hunters get 400% buff to feeding frenzy and others we have one of the worst if not worst mobility in the game demon portal now a talent or pick death coil no other class in game has to chose between a stun and a mobility talent but warlocks ! demonic gateway even with pvp talent as aff is bs as requires set up and even then it takes two seconds for warrior to close that gap we also have extremely long and weak cds unending resolve 40% dmg redction on a 3 min cd when melle can burst you every 1-2 mins . and demon skin passive which has been nerfed to the ground since legion. we need our soul link back on top of demon skin and then maybe we wont feel like toilet paper hunters even have a passive 10% dmg reduction with their pet ?? yet warlocks dont have their soul link? rogues have cloak of shadows evasion vanish blinds 3 or 4 stuns or cc and burst of speed also two crimson vials ( basically healthstones only better) yes we have good burst dmg in pve with setup sure. however in pvp no warrior or rogue or mage etc will let you get haunt agony corr siphon phantom and 5 uas on target before deathbolting they will either get dispelled or will ice block cloak of shadows etc and all our dmg is gone with one button. gg blizzard i will definitely be cancelling my sub if we dont see multiple buffs in pvp played warlock main now since tbc and this is a joke!Merlìn10 2d
2d ST overcapping shards for demo Hi, I was just wondering as a demo warlock (Who just started out) What I do on single target when to now overcap on shards? I tried icy veins but it says only to use implosion on 2+ targets. FInding myself overcapping alot on ST.Warganna3 2d
2d Sudden onset plea We are NOT taking Sudden Onset because it would be broken, we are taking it because it IS ONLY viable choice in current Melee meta in arenas. It is not extremely reliable as it is (considering amount of classes that can remove curses) but it is at least something, come on!Ravendarke0 2d
3d Affliction Warlock Soul Shards - newbie Untill now i played Demo - untouchable while leveling with felguard due to its taunt + all other summon skills that takes aggro Destro is also awsome but i hate the superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr slow Chaos Bolt (btw whats the deal with it? why is it so slow? i mean its strong but the long casting time make it low damage for its time casted) Now trying to get the hang of Affliction Warlock but i realize i have no way to retrive Soul Shards only by Agony? btw does Agony stack like Unstable? is it becase i'm still low level? how do i generate Soul Shards as Affliction?Sparoy2 3d
3d Low dps as affi lock hello guys, could someone explain me why my dps is so low? what I am doing wrong? im pretty sure that my rotation is good but still looks like i sux at raids Thanks in advance https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/7707534Zanetka2 3d
3d Tomorrow there is an AMA with Ion on Reddit and... ...we, Warlocks, have an opportunity to get noticed. Despite he don't like the classe. Feel free to ask constructives questions on the future AMA thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9fk8a2/ama_announcement_developer_ama_with_ion/Crowzer15 3d
3d Lack of warlocks in arena Was just looking at xunamate charts and look at how many of all 3 warlock specs are played in 2v2, 96 is the highest spec compared to the other classes in the thousands. It's similar in 3v3 They are the worse class in pvp right now. https://xunamate.com/charts Could this becuase for the past 2 season warlok 'every spec' were the most played class for 2 seasons, you couldn't go in 3v3 without seeing a lok. So now they decided to get rid of loks out of the arena for a while since people are sick of them. Because if so this is a really bad move. It's like with mw my main, for the past few season mw in crane spec were virtually immune to stuns and people complained about it for months on end. But now they have taken away any defencive mw had in a stun and are very squishy now. Every other healer has some defencive to cast in stun but mw has nothing at all. So is this becuase people complained about seeing loks too much and complained about crane immune stun too much, so in the next season they turn it all around and make mw the most susceptible in stun and instead of loks being the most common class in arena they made them the most rare and useless class in arena.Capitalpop2 3d
3d Deathbolt is still not working properly. How long does it usually take for a hotfix to go live? It has been two weeks and two maintenance windows since this hotfix was announced: August 17, 2018 Classes Warlock Affliction Deathbolt will now correctly deal increased damage if cast immediately after casting Unstable Affliction. But it's still broken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dNwXO3FZgCalz8 3d
3d ...Still Cannot Change my Demon's Name An issue that has it's origins in Legion Alpha. And is yet to be fixed. You cannot change glyphed demon pet names. That is: Wrathguard, Fel Succubus, Shadow Succubus, Shivvara, Observer, Fel Imp, Voidlord. All warlock demons have randomly generated names. For those that dislike the demons name, they can change it (since Mists of Pandaria) at the Demon Trainer in Orgrimmar located next to the Warlock hub. The problem is that they removed the dialogues to change greater demon names in WoD, since they didn't exist anymore. In Legion glyphs were introduced that allow to summon those greater demons once again. However the Demon pet trainer was neglected by Blizzard and the dialogue options to change the names weren't reintroduced. It's BFA Beta, Blizzard For F*** sake please fix this now. I have OCD - Back in the old days i made over 100 warlocks so the demon names were good. Now i will not delete this Warlock and make a new one just because my Fel Succubus name is complete crap. Please fix this bug. Thank you. Anyone else got a problem with this?Baelshar3 3d
3d Coolest Warlock Name [Deleted]Destruction25 3d
3d After watching Maldiva lose Me playing warlock right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpYAaS2EfcTazzle1 3d
3d 2940 players vs fu*king challenger players Fu*k this game. I'm done. Getting oneshoted by challenger turbo players fully arena time is too much. They don't even use any cc on my healer and I'm still dieing ... hahaha Btw blizzcon is soon so maybe some insane challenger turbo or kfc players will try to play and win !!! You can do it. Blizzzard gave you glad title for 2400 so maybe they will let you join blizzconMgodx23 3d
3d Deficiency draw "Guardian Anger" Good afternoon! I hasten to inform you about the shortcoming of the display, namely, in the left hand of the Warder of Wrath (the Warlocks demonologist pet with the corresponding symbol), the sword / ax is not drawn, etc. Looks pet with one sword "Armageddon" is not very aesthetic. I hope this information will reach the developers and this will be fixed.Блэквизард0 3d
4d Deathbolt not dealing dmg sometimes ? Hi, I have been playing around with deathbolt alittle to see how fast i can cast it after casting other dots. What i found was that Deathbold sometimes does no dmg at all even with "Agony/Corr/x3UA/PS" on the target...Mingle0 4d
4d Nerf Affliction I see many guilds use now for progress raiding Affliction warlock. Sudden onset is a really powerful trait now. Affliction need nerf on Agony.Ájszmen4 4d
4d Here's the thing... We don't want to be masters of 2-target cleave if it means being absolutely shocking in PvP. If we're masters of 2-target cleave, why the hell can't I 2-target cleave in PvP with any kind of success? We used to be able to. Now we can't, and even other classes outpowerform us on both fronts and additional PvE and PvP scenarios so what is the point in us anymore? - main Destruction Warlock. Afflictions deal massive damage in PvP - BG's as a result of dots ticking after death. Take that away and they'll be right at the lower end with the tanks and healers. Demonologists don't feel so in control of their demons right now with the unpredictable AI, the ultra long, low damage Nether Portal which should be like "summon 3 demons when you spend 3 shards, 2 if you spend 2 and 1 if you spend 1" but isn't and also like our other specs, lack survivability and damage for how poor our mobility is. We should be as tanky as healers, disc priests even if we're dealing such low, hard-casted damage with costly shard fares. Post in BFA class feedback forum about each individual gripe you have btw, it is sure to get noticed. So like 1 new topic post for 1 problem. Another for another etc..Abacabb0 4d