Technical Support

17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista Starting later this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, the games will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule, and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game.Radathryl0 17 Feb
05 Aug Error #132 after Windows 10 Anniversary Update We have been seeing reports with World of Warcraft crashing with Error #132 after updating Windows 10 to the Anniversary update that came out on the 2nd of August. Many of these crashes look to be caused by the Game DVR in Windows 10 being enabled. Please try the steps below to disable it: Search for "Xbox" and open the Xbox app (You will need to log into your Microsoft Account). Once open, click on the settings option on the left (Cog Wheel). Click the slider for the game DVR to turn if off. If disabling the game DVR does not resolve the issue, please also ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date: NVIDIA video cards AMD video cards Intel video cards After that, if you're still experiencing Error #132 crashes please create a new post with a DxDiag attached or contact customer support. Radathryl0 05 Aug
17 Feb 2015 Legion 7.1.5. - Common Issues [08.02.] ★ Patch Notes (US) ★ Known Issues List ★ Technical Issues & Fixes ★ Hotfixes ★ Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. Welcome to Patch 7.1.5! If you experience issues when logging in after the latest patch, reset your user interface and remove all addons! Here's what you are contacting us about the most right now: Dangerous Love - Achievement Not Granted KNOWN ISSUE: We are aware that the Dangerous Love achievement may not be granted after completing the required quests. The issue is being worked on but please note that Customer Support will not be able to grant this achievement. Characters missing after transfer KNOWN ISSUE: Characters who have recently used a paid transfer may be missing from both the source as well as the target realm. The issue can be self-resolved by creating a new character on the target realm to refresh the character list. Quest: No credit for killing Viz'aduum in "The Tower of Power" WORKING AS INTENDED: Players do not receive quest credit for killing Viz'aduum if they have destroyed the Head of Thar'zul. Doing so does not remove the quest from your log, but it can no longer be completed. Quest: "Into the Nightmare" unable to complete after deleting item WORKING AS INTENDED: Emerald Nightmare order hall quests cannot be completed if a player has accidentally deleted the questgiver item. This is an intentional mechanic to avoid potential problems with the item. Quest: "Touch of a Titan" - Essences of Aman'thul may not get converted KNOWN ISSUE: Essence of Aman'thul that is not in the player's inventory at the time the quest is picked up does not get converted into its quest version. For example, any Essence retrieved from the mailbox (as sent by killing a boss in Suramar when your inventory is full) will not count towards the quest goal. Please report any additional suspected bugs using the “Submit Bug” option in the ingame support portalNatryndon1 17 Feb 2015
24m reloging crash hey, so since about 3 weeks ago for some reason every now and then when i relog to another character or even the same character my wow freezes and stop responding that i need to close it and reopen to get in the character i wanted i did not install or change any new programs or addons or anything of the sort i also tried to reset my interface by moving my WTF, Interface and Cache folders to my desktop to have the game create new ones and it did not solve the issue i do not have any problems while ingame with loading screens or any thing just on reloging i have also attempted to repair game files and that also did not solve it for me please help :(Reapermonk3 24m
4h Battle Net App Offline My battle net app is offline. It's been down now for the past hour, I can't find any information from Blizzard that they have problems. Is your battle net offline? Ideas how I can fix this?ßqz1 4h
6h Error 132 and Rollback? SO ye.. Why and how can i fix it? i get that error and at least i get a 5 min or more. luckily never happened on raid, but has been happenin when im settin up my UI and rolls back. its super annoyingTobishot3 6h
7h Battle.net app OFFLINE!!! Battle.net app and blizzard games cant playable staying always offline. I'm trying everything for 2 hoursDemirkale257 7h
11h Bad Lag in raids and dungeons Hello i been having bad world lag in dungeons and raids i deleted WTF and cache folders and addons but no effect here my computer details. Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.34.240.1 2 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms wolv-core-2b-xe-203-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.73.233] 3 * * * Request timed out. 4 * * * Request timed out. 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 13 ms 35 ms 9 ms nrth-ic-1-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.218] 7 12 ms 11 ms 12 ms m674-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net [62.254.42.162] 8 12 ms 11 ms 12 ms be6830.ccr22.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.14.17] 9 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms be2869.ccr42.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.57.161] 10 19 ms 19 ms 20 ms be12488.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.51.42] 11 21 ms 19 ms 19 ms be2447.rcr21.b021535-1.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.50.250] 12 20 ms 21 ms 19 ms blizzard.demarc.cogentco.com [149.6.128.9] 13 19 ms 20 ms 18 ms 37.244.10.33 14 20 ms 19 ms 20 ms 185.60.112.157 Trace complete.Gimmel4 11h
11h Something Like Latency Hello, When I play with many players I feel like the skills are not used at once but I have 80 ms on both world and home. When I play solo the skills happen without delay. When I play with many people it feels as if I have ms and it feels unresponsive.Arthuria0 11h
12h Colors changing after exiting WoW For abount 2 months when i exit the game (fullscreen) by the exit game in the meniu not alt f4 or some error closing the app , the windows color scheme changes very dramatic , like blue turns to green , yellow to orange ... I've seen some posts on us battle net forums about this problem . Is there a fix or something for this ?Holypöp9 12h
12h Alienware V WOW I have a Alienware Aurora R4 Desktop recently last year i had new thermal paste replaced new water cooling system and a general MOT! all has been running perfectly. Then playing wow sometimes in 10 mins sometimes longer my pc mouse seizes to work the fans go whirl stop then whirl and the lights on my keyboard and tower flash up, i cant shut down manually. i have no control on my mouse and i am forced shut down.. its not over heating , and in my alienware command it says my cpu has failed. i read on another forum the same thing happened to another guy.. not sure if its drivers?? but i cant update the new one as window fails it. I dont know what to do there is no blue screen nothing bad then i leave it a bit and reboot. it has happened a couple of times in a session randomly. Has anyone else experienced something similar. Please let me know thank you.Kittykát0 12h
12h Having a serious Streaming error issue Hey I've had that https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615135341#post-6 Problem as you may know. I did those above didnt work out and reinstall the game which was a pain for me because I am using a mobile hotspot. Anyways problem seem solved I've logged in did my weekly m+ no problems,but when i tried to enter NH I've had an issue called,A streaming error has occured. I was shocked and exhausted,it automatically started scan&repair which my computer freezed couple times during that but in the end i managed to finish scan&repair it was last night before the reset went sleep then I logged and went nighthold lfr we killed skorpyon no problems,at the moment I have stepped into Anomaly's room game stuck,freezed and there it was "A Streaming Error" has occured. Then again a scan showed up so i already scanned it one time which obviously didnt work! What shallI do? I have just want to play WoW without these issues because I am getting really exhausted of this unending problems,Really need help,thank you for your understanding me. Edit 1 : I have tried to delete cache folders and stuff like mentioned in the link,deleted and resetted the UI and got kicked from NH loading screen again.And 3rd time it starts a scan which i scanned twice already.Please can I receive any help ?Quilthalas6 12h
12h Possible BUG in battle.net app authentication So I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but so far I haven't found a Bug report subforum, so I'll just ask here and try to keep it as short and straight forward as possible. Battle.net app lets me log in even if I misstype my password, but only if the string I type contains the correct password; Let's pretend that "correctpassword" is my password (the following strings DO NOT contain my actual password, they're just examples): Typing "correctpassword" will let me login. Typing "wrongpassword" will obviously NOT let me login. Typing "correctpassword123" will let me login, even though it's not my password!. Yeah, sure, it contains it, but it's not it!. Is this the intended behaviour of the battle.net app? EDIT (additional info): - I have a battle.net authenticator (App doesn't ask me because I already allowed it). - It does not happen on the battle.net website. - It does not happen on my other bnet account (which hasn't authenticator). Kind regards,Crausser1 12h
13h "You haven't collected this appearance" bug Hi, last month i installed an addon which tracks transmog, however i later uninstalled the addon. But now theres a problem, every new gear piece i get regardless of armor type it says "You haven't collected this appearance". If i loot a plate item which i haven't collected as transmog on my paladin it says that regardless if i can equip it or not. This makes it hard to see what new gear i can equip and not just what my alts can. I have tried to install the addon again and disable all settings, but that did nothing. Scan and repair also didn't work. Any help would be really appreciated.Wolfery2 13h
12h Vulkan renderer or dx12 in future? For us whom playing World of Warcraft on linux using wine. As people like us whos had enough of that how intrusive Windows os is and migrated to Linux. Please add Vulkan renderer support. Thanks.Neemus2 12h
15h Game Freezes for about 1-5 seconds Hi there. My game keeps freezing/stop responding from time to time ( kinda frequently ) for about 1-5 seconds and it´s starting to drive me absolute crazy! Doing a BG, freeze, dead. Doing a raid, freeze, dead because of a mechanic, kicked from the raid, I think you get the point? Anyone with similar problems or some sort of fix to this?Hyporah5 15h
16h Can I install from the Legion disc? Hello, I had to replace my hard drive recently and I need to redownload/reinstall the game. I'd like my download to be as small as possible. Does the retail disc version of Legion contain actual install data (to help mitigate the download), or does it just install the launcher and force you to download the full 40gb? A simple answer would be much appreciated.Kormag4 16h
16h Long loading times since legion Heya, Ever since legion, I've experienced very long loading times. It's not just the loading screen either, after zoning in to say dalaran, the different forms won't load for a minute or so on my druid (shifting into the form earns their speed bonuses, but still displays the normal character). Anyone experienced the same, knows a cause/fix/whatever? ThanksKéày1066 16h
22h Error WoW51900319 Like the title said, me and my brother we are experiencing this error about 20-30 min intervals, disconnecting us with no apparent reason, even in other games, in Overwatch for example, i experiencied the same disconnection. I did the wtf, cache and interface cleaning, and reinstalling the Battle.net client, drivers are up to date, same as almost... everything.Kirathael1 22h
8h REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Today I wanted to rant a little.... I'm doing +15 every week exactly why? Cause the items I get hasnt been an upgrade to me in like forever now.. Blizzard your RNG hates me, pls fix!Skippy18 8h
22h M'uru bugged, doesn't spawn in SP (BC) Hiya, I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, I can't think of anywhere else to put it. This section explains the situation the best. Basically, I was in Sunwell Platueue and when I get to M'uru, he never spawns, it's completely bugged. Therefore I can never get to Kil'jaeden because there is a wall preventing me from going to him. I need to kill M'uru to get to KJ. Is there a fix to this? Seems other people have been through this bug, but no one knows what the fix is, M'uru either spawns or doesn't, it's random. Will this ever be fixed?Saturnbeat3 22h
22h PSU while playing wow Keep getting PSU while playing World of warcraft, and only WoW. This does not happend in any other games, why is it happening? PC SPECS Say if you need more Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 RAM 8.0 GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bitKrozenbor6 22h
22h Game window size (playing windowed) For years, I have been playing wow windowed but recently (approx 2 weeks), the window is smaller every time I start wow. I have to resize the window every time and wow never remembers the size anymore. This is quite annoying. How can I fix this?Galmok6 22h
23h Looping and crashing on 'scanning files' WoW update will get to scanning files - either loop forever or crash halfway. Have reinstalled BNet, removed cache, deleted idx files... all to no avail. Anyone else getting this problem?Polxara17 23h
1d Dalaran loading screen Anyone else still getting these issues?Athran4 1d
1d Issues starting and running the game since 16/03 Hi there, Ever since yesterday morning I've been experiencing crashes and screen freezes randomly during the game, or even when it's not fully booted yet and sometimes in the battle.net app as well. I've tried the standard stuff: - let the updat download fully - reboot (pc and game) - update add-ons - delete add-ons - delete cache folders etc. - ran repairs So far nothing has worked and I;m getting a bit fed up because I can't do anything. Anyone that can help?Valkyli4 1d
1d Hellfire Citadel portals problem The portals inside Hellfire Citadel don't work sometimes. Last time the portal that you have to take after you kill Gorefiend it didn't work. The portal that takes you to Mannaroth sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But the portal that takes you to Archimonde it never ever worked for me, there has to be warlock to summ me every time. Even the portal from the beginning of the raid sometimes it works some times it doesn't. What is going on ? How do i fix this annoying thing. In game ticket didn't do a thing, no answer.Volvoxaureus2 1d
1d Phase problem ? I got have weird issue on ny Demon hunter char.. when I use LFR I cant see anyone on raid..no mobs no bosses no other characteres.. I do see raid chat and I see people on raid frames. But instanse is empty. If I use any other chars all works fine. I tried to take all addons off..no help. What now ?Woodeneye3 1d
1d Outdated Beginner's Guide PDF So.. Anybody noticed that the Beginner's Guide (can be found on > eu.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=wow) is little bit outdated ? Imagine you are new to WoW, and you are about to check that guide out to know what's going on, and u realize, that there aren't 2 classes... Monk / Demon Hunter... Monk was available when the Pandaren comes out, so why Pandaren race is there, but not Monk?Shadowhoe1 1d
1d Input lag Hi so simply putting it is going to be hard but I'll try First my specs: Alienware laptop: 16gb ram 880m video card i7-4710mq 8core 2.5ghz Windows 10 64-bit My problem is simple its input lag but where its coming from I have no idea. I have good internet connection with ~30ms+ my laptop specs are decent as well I don't run the highest settings in game or anything. Some noticeable and weird things I noticed when dealing with this input lag is that it basically disappears when I have big haste so when I pop crusader and my haste becomes huge I don't experience it but when my haste goes back to normal it appears once again and sometimes I have to wait almost up to half a second before my other global cd starts it just gets stuck on it and creates a delay between spells. Sometimes disabling and enabling "optimize network speed" option makes it go away or makes it become less annoying but usually its still there. I've tried reinstalling windows, wow removing all addons... Playing on cable does reduce it and sometimes makes it go away completely on wifi it tends to be more strong and more noticeable so I'm open to any suggestions you might have on how to understand where my problem lies? Is it my hardware? Internet? Jus wow things? Any suggestions of how to fix it are welcome Ill try anything.Diksypixy2 1d
1d Unable to connect - error: BLZ51901001 Getting this error when I get to the login screen of WoW itself. I haven't seen this ever before. I just bought some gametime to start play WoW again, but suddenly getting this error. I already flushed my DNS, disabled my firewall and tried plenty of other things to make it work, but so far no luck. Also searched at your forums, but the things I found and tried, didnt help at all. I tried to do a livechat or a webticket, but somehow I get an error there to. Thanks in advance.Zaragoza13 1d
1d Character Boost in the PTR Hey guys I wanna ask you a question. Can you like boost a character to lv 100 or 110 in the PTR ? Cuz I see all those people having 12 char. maxed with gear and everything or they just level them and grind like crazy.? Is even character boost in the PTR possible?Cripplingpoo8 1d
1d Loading Screen Issue ever since the start of legion i've had this issue with loading screens (proof here https://youtu.be/0iCZBQ2bObY ) anyone know what i can do to fix this, here's what i've tried Repairing the game Reinstalling the game fully (deleting the file from the program files folder too) Tried deleting wtf interface and cache the longest it's been fixed for is about a week and it's gone straight back to this so i figured it was blizz side problem but i've tried streaming and friends have said wtf is going on hereBecause9 1d
1d WoW51900319 - Can't login in Draenor area My game crashed several times now. It started that my first character went through the portal in Blasted Lands to Draenor. Now I tried with another character and the same happened again. I've Legion expansion so i guess I have what is needed to play. "WoW51900319" This error has been shown a several times when my game crashed. I tried to login to my two characters again but the game crashes every time I try to login to them. My other characters work fine. I've searched the internet for similar problems from other people and I find like 67 pages with that problem but noone has a solution. What to do?Kipley6 1d
1d GAME DC keep being dc'ed from server and have to continuously reset wow for it to work for a little bit then dc me againDemonzero3 1d
1d WoW Legion Companion app problem How is that possible? 100% bonus but fail http://imgur.com/a/LDpdJClappa3 1d
2d Slow login to game server The past week starting the game has been different in the way that login to game server is really delayed on starting wow. never seen that part be so slow, 6-7 sec delay.Jeolock4 2d
2d Unleashed Monstrosities Bug(?) I was online the other day, and wanted to check my progress on the Unleashed Monstrosities achievement. Upon doing so, I realized that I didn't have credit for Withered J'im. Except I've killed him three times already. My profile history does not unfortunately go back far enough to display this, but I killed him once the last time he was available, and twice the first time (because my 1st attempt didn't give me kill credit). I'm not sure if this a bug with the boss, or with the achievement itself...but any insight on it would be appreciated.Berserkfury6 2d
2d Stuck on loading screens when changing instances "Transfer Aborted: instance not found" every time I try to use a portal. Plusnet ISP.Shenova175 2d
2d Logitech MX Master on Mac OS X Hi, I'm using the Logitech MX Master wireless on my mbp. I'm not able to bind forward button and back button. Does anyone know how to fix this? The buttons work fine when not in WoW, but im not able to bind them inside the game. ThanksFalkén1 2d
2d FPS issues since 20-3-2017 hello, yesterday i played all fine (19-03-2017) no fps problems. tried to play again today (20-03-2017) can't play the game anymore because of fps problems. i can't get above 15fps..... what i have tried: delete interface delete WTF delete cache 3d-settings nvidea GPU set to WoW again. searched for driver updates. disabled firewall things that happend in de night from 10/20-3-2017 My windows 10 got an update (can't find it anymore what it was) and the pre-patch came out. anyone who could help me or maybe has the solution. tried sereaching on the forum but coundn't find the solution. My laptop spec are: intel i7-4700MQ 12gb ram geforce gt 740m windows 10Djensen2 2d
2d Issues with the game Having issues with random pixels appearing on screen and in wow i have black lines tearing up the screen,it happened all of a sudden while questing,PC is new 2 weeks old Spec details are Operating System Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit CPU Intel Core i5 @ 3.40GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36) Motherboard ASRock Z170 Gaming K4 (CPUSocket) Graphics S24D300 (1920x1080@60Hz) 4096MB ATI Radeon RX 470 Graphics (MSI) Storage 223GB GOODRAM (SSD) 33 °C 465GB Seagate ST3500413AS (SATA) Dont really know what to do had some news that AMD cards are problematic but not to this extend,i even type letter and random pixel appear on my screenArchive4 2d
2d Can't start wow When i am trying to start World Of Warcraft an error pops up that says "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)." And i dont know what to do. I'm opening it on the Battle.net app.Smellthat1 2d
2d Siege of Orgrimmar(Mythic) Lockout problem I was going to do Siege of Orgrimmar(mythic) on my warrior the other day so I joined a group running it, apperantly they had already killed 2/14 bosses so I decided to leave and do it from the start. So I left the group while they still hadn't progressed to kill another boss and hearthed out of there. Then 3 hours later I decided to go do Siege of Orgrimmar(Mythic) but as soon as I got into the raid, a message box popped up in the middle of the screen saying something along the lines of "14/14 bosses killed". And obviously my reaction would be "WTF?!?!??!?!?!!" Since I have no clue how this could have happened, noting that A; I was not apart of the raid killing the bosses, and B; I wasn't even zoned into the instance. So I guess I just randomly lost a week of lockout out of pure BS. Now, any suggestion of what might have caused this so that it doesn't ever happen again...? ThanksStache7 2d
2d Loading screen with white/blue square and red bar Hi there, I've tried to sort it out but nothing seems to work. I've read other topics concerning this, but none of them seem to provide a solution to this. Since when legion prepatch hit, I've been getting loading screen with a blue or white square in the top right of the screen and a red loading bar. Rest is black. Here's the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/KOCV5pt.png I've tried running the repair from battlenet, but after scanning for a good 15min nothing happened. I tried upgrading my GT970 drivers to the latest 372, still nothing happened. Same problem. I've gone through deleting cache (you always suggest this, even though it never solved a single problem for me), but naturally nothing happened. What am I supposed to do? The loading screen is normal in the first second, then turns to white square/red bar, then turns normal again. So well, the loading screen picture does exist, but I don't get why this happens. And no, do not suggest to reinstall the game. I'm not going to reinstall 50gb of stuff.Schizoid9 2d
2d Realms! Whats up with all the servers? Every1 turned red and when u klick on one do u get dc?Ferbie5 2d
2d guardian druid pvp bug when i pvp in guardian spec i often have to press an ability a second time before this ability executes.this happens in bgs arenas and open world too. the ability isnt on cooldown or global cooldown either. i deleted cache wtf and interface folders but the problem is still there.Hocico1 2d
2d Performance issues For some time now WoW has been really hard on my computer for some reason. My computer barely makes any sound usually but when I've had WoW up and running for a bit it sounds like all my fans are in full panic mode. A few times a day while playing WoW my monitors go black for two or three seconds and then flash before "resetting" everything. If I was streaming something the connection would be lost, the battlenet app would be up but not functioning and all my taskbar icons would go away and then automatically be replaced. For some reason WoW itself would be fine. I have gotten a BSOD twice when this happens. I don't really notice any fps drops and I have !@#$ internet so lag is already expected. I just don't know why WoW is so much harder on my pc than every other game.Polyzor1 2d
2d BATTLE.NET APP SLOW TO LOAD IN WIN 7 Ever since lastest battle.net launcher update my battle.net launcher takes about 2 minutes to get going. First it takes about 30 seconds to start and then another minute to load account information. I have no issues with games or playing, just only the app. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (doesn't chance anything still slow) Anyone else with same issues?Efrí4 2d