Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
25 Mar Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859137676 and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua67 25 Mar
10 Nov History of Argent Dawn Updated October 23rd 2016, 16:20 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#1 2005 - post 2 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#2 2006 - post 4 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#4 2007 - post 5 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#5 2008 - post 6 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#6 2009 - post 8 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#8 2010 - post 9 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#9 2011 - post 10 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#10 2012 - post 11 & 12 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#11 2013 - post 13 & 14 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#13 2014 - post 15 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#15 2015 - post 17 & 18 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#17 2016 - post 19 & 20 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#19Shevron281 10 Nov
8h Roleplaying Guild Map Hello Argent Dawn. I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way. As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track. So what is this? This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see. The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds. Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red. How do i create / manage my guild? Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time. Why are you making this? As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood. I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out. Do i need to make an account to see / use this? The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots. The email usually ends up in junkmail. If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account. I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454) Link the website: https://www.glaive-star.com Much love <3Adriloth44 8h
1d Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn Considering Legebril is ending his maintenance on the raiding progression thread, I thought I'd continue to do it. I will also continue to work with the old format because it's a nice format. If your guild isn't in yet, please do give a shout by mentioning your progress on this thread! I will be updating all day, for now it's just a shameless copy paste. ... Soon™ ... The Nighthold - 10 bosses Alliance Safety Dance (9/10M) Mythic (10/10HC) (1/10M) The Precariat (10/10N) (10/10HC) (1/10M) Erandium (10/10N) (10/10HC) BankofStone (3/10M) Oakcrest (3/10M) Titans of War (4/10HC) Prismatic Society (6/10HC) Crimson Dawn (10/10HC) Horde Steelsong (10/10N) (10/10HC) Insurgence (10/10HC) Trial of Valor - 3 bosses Alliance Safety Dance (3/3M) Erandium (3/3N) (3/3HC) The Precariat (3/3N) (3/3HC) Mythic (3/3HC) Lysis (3/3HC) BankofStone (2/3M) Oakcrest (2/3M) Crimson Dawn (3/3HC) Horde Steelsong (3/3N) (3/3HC) The Emerald Nightmare - 7 Bosses Alliance Erandium (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Precariat (7/7N)(7/7HC) (1/7M) Bloodrune (7/7N) Inceptum (7/7HC) Immortalis (7/7N) (2/7HC) RP raiding group RaidPlay (7/7N) Spear of Wrynn (5/7N) (7/7N) Shadow (7/7N) (7/7HC) Square One (7/7N) (1/7HC) Katla (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Pioneers (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) Oakcrest (7/7N) (7/7HC) (7/7M) The Silver Charge (7/7N) Mythic (5/7M) Lysis (7/7HC) BankofStone (7/7M) Crimson Dawn (3/7M) Horde Oathsworn (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Rotgarde (7/7N) Legalise Peacebloom (6/7HC) Safety Dance (7/7HC) (7/7M) Night Witches (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mythic (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mistfall (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Wyld Hunt (7/7N) (7/7HC) Steelsong (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Eclipsion Blade (7/7N) (7/7HC) SSRCG (7/7N) (1/7H) Splendour (7/7N) (1/7H) The Crimson Clover (7/7N)Brutus1 1d
11 Apr Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the battle.net forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz371 11 Apr
10 Apr Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Dawnmantle (Research, artifact hunting, pro Quel'Thalas/Horde) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Silvermoon Guard Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Crimson Caravan (Trading company / Horde auxiliary force) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Dark Eye Clan (outcast clan trying to survive) Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Order of the Raven Blood (independent order, adventurers) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Sacrilegious School (Occultism, outcasts, spellweaver criminals) Shadowmoon Pact (New Horde clan, welcoming warlocks and demon hunters too) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers. Strictly business.) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) The Valiant Accord (Adventurers and mercenaries against the Legion) Valiant Blade (Mercenaries on the Broken Isles) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Fel Hunt (Illidari) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Elvhenan (Military, assistance force) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Evenhold (Knights, refugees. Not taking evil classes. Lordaeron races only) Keepers of the Drassili (Protection of nature, races beyond Nelf also welcome) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Knights of the Isle (Knightly order) Highwave Irregulars (Kul Tirasian naval military/trade, not directly Alliance) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Northmist Company (Alliance, but close connection to the Argent Dawn) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Silver Archaeology Co (Explorer's League organisation) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Ace Platoon (Alliance Elite homeguard) The Chapter of Embers (Human, Dwarf, Worgen - holy order, military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Seventh Penal Company (Penal military) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Penal military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Bronzebrew Company (Trade) The Crooked Peace (Criminal) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Outblades (Relic hunters, mercenaries, thieves) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Ivorystar Academy (Mage school, Kirin Tor aligned) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) The Silver Charge (Silver Hand knights and some allies) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) The Synaari Pact (Freeform) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone124 10 Apr
47m Orc RP Tips Hello there! It's my first time RPing an orc and even though I've done some researching and reading, I'd like to know what isn't okay and what is within RP. So! I'm planning my orc to be a beastmaster from Draenor, a frosteolf with uncorrupted brown skin. Is this acceptable within RP? Anything else I should know when RPing an orc? Cheers!Stonebloom20 47m
1h Argent Dawn General Kenobi Thread #285 Another for the bold one.Lotheridan95 1h
2h What will the next class be? What do you think? Give a brief description of the class, the lore behind it, suggest available races, what armor and weapon types they would use, their resource and specs and roles! Would it be a hero class or a regular class?Rekthul120 2h
2h [H/RP Community] Tirisfal Glades ... Right now, the casual RP on Horde side (from my experience, at least) is very focused around the Wyvern’s Tail - it is a fun hub, but it feels like many people are there due to its popularity/lack of other steady hubs rather than because it is a good fit for their concept With the initial success of kicking off RP in the Brill/Tirisfal area, I’d like to try to go a step further and try something ambitious. Tirisfal itself is a really cool and iconic zone and intrinsically linked with the part of the Warcraft that many people are most enthusiastic about - the Frozen Throne et al - and I think it has some great potential in terms of roleplay. What I’d really like to do is to try to turn this place (in part, at least) into a living, breathing zone* populated by roleplayers - with characters representing merchants, farmers, soldiers, bandits etc all in this one zone working together to create free-form storylines together For most part, this will be centred around Brill but will make use of most of the Tirisfal Glades zone in one way or another to facilitate interactions between characters. To help this along, I’d like to offer some limited DMing for the zone in terms of rumours, plot-points and NPCs to help the area seem less stagnant and more cohesive I would like for this hub to be very open and easy to get involved in, precluding any specific requirements regarding guild -- <Tirisfal> is going to remain open for recruitment (and is doing pretty good so far!) but joining up will by no means be a requirement to get the most out of the Tirisfal RP scene - you can (obviously…) just turn up So in conclusion - I’d like to invite anyone at all who is interested in undead/Lordaeron-themed (but not exclusive) RP to check out Brill 7pm onwards - there is usually something going on in the area that you can involve yourself in for some pick-up roleplay - or alternatively you can ask in the channel for people’s locations (I’m going to be maintaining a rumour mill / public posting section - if anyone wants something added to it, just ask in this thread. To avoid taking up too much room on the forums, I’m going to be using this thread for news re. Any future Brill Market Days / the <Tirisfal> guild tag instead of their old threads) * hehe get it? It's an undead zone so most people there don't live or breathePerroy13 2h
3h Any Guilds For New RP-players As the title suggests, im new to RP, i have a basic understanding of the ins and outs, dont think im quite ready for a campaign guild, so im looking for something chilled, friendly and welcoming. Tons of people told me AD is the best realm, but so far i've had trouble getting engagement from people, sucks playing alone lol can someone point me in the direction of such guilds About me : Race:Human Class:Monk role:Healer Faction:Aliiance Thanks In advanceDaux5 3h
3h [A-RP] <The Arclight Association> - Updated! A.R.C.L.I.G.H.T: Association for Research and Construction in Line with the Interests of Gnomish Home Territories. Current IC Location: Gadgetzan, Tanaris. Recruitment Status: Active - find us in Gadgetzan any time! ...A.R.C.L.I.G.H.T, despite the name, is an unaffiliated group of gnomish civilians dedicated to travelling the world in search of knowledge. As an organisation no longer being funded by the Alliance, we have to acquire money to pay for our expeditions through trade and other contract work. We accept gnomes of all classes, and have no particular bias against users of less reputable magics. With little regard to laws and formalities, we even accept death knights, provided they have an IC reason to join and accept any consequences related to leaving the Ebon Blade. ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS: The guild has a heavy focus on travelling, and a large portion of it will be spent out in the world searching for knowledge, artifacts and making a bit of coin in the process. Our adventures consist of expeditions which generally run for several weeks in individual zones, with one or two main DMed story events a week, and additional side-quest style events on top of that. Of course, plenty of time is given for random RP in between event days and many events are spontaneous if enough people log in. Guild events are less focused around rolls and combat, and more around the weird and wonderful solutions that a band of gnomes can come up with. As such, IC decisions play a major part in the guild’s development and the outcome of the guild’s storylines isn’t fixed (the entire transition from an Alliance-funded group to neutral unaffiliated explorers was completely unscripted and unexpected). We value character development above all else, and as such the guild concept is very much able to be affected and changed by the actions of individuals. Outside of expeditions, we spend the majority of our downtime out in Gadgetzan and the surrounding zones, as part of an initiative to try and bring life to the area and provide Argent Dawn with a much-needed neutral hub (you may also find us there on our goblin alts in the <Steamwheedle Cartel> guild). In an effort to bring RP out into the world, and because we have little to no reason to be there casually IC, we will spend little to no time in Stormwind - unless a storyline presents a good reason to be there. If you want to base your character around the area, then this guild may not be for you. Weekly meetings will be held when outside of expeditions, within our headquarters – a small gnomish hut just a short boat ride away from Gadgetzan. During these meetings, we are able to discuss plans going forward and choose our next expeditions, as well as providing an easy opportunity to raise any concerns (both IC and OOC) with the guild. Additionally, events will be held around Southern Kalimdor during our times staying in Gadgetzan, which anyone in the area is welcome to join in with. If you want to sign up, your best bet is to come down to Gadgetzan when we’re there and seek us out with whatever IC motive you want. Alternatively, whisper any of us for an OOC invite or track us down when we’re on an expedition. Recruitment, while generally passive, is nearly always open. Of course, if you have any further questions, ask below in the thread here or whisper one of us in-game for answers. GUILD RANKS: THE SUPERINTENDENT: Superintendent Brandelwyn Brassfizzle is the gnome responsible for organising the Association and keeping things in line. Helping where he can with keeping the group funded, he has strong beliefs that the gnomish people should achieve something greater. The Superintendent doesn’t hold his opinion much higher than anyone else, putting most decisions to a vote unless he fears for his fellow gnomes’ safety. THE SURVEYORS: Distinguished members of the Association who have shown loyalty to the cause and a willingness to help may find themselves promoted to a higher honorary rank to reflect this. While the Surveyors’ opinions are held highly, they, like the Superintendent, are followed out of respect and not obligation. (While the rank has little IC authority, the Surveyors serve as the guild’s officers, helping with the planning of various content for the other players.) THE ENTRUSTED Long-standing members of the Association are sure to have gained the respect of others within the group, and their reputation shows. Granted the rank of Entrusted, it’s easy to identify those who have served A.R.C.L.I.G.H.T. with a great deal of loyalty. This serves as the guild’s veteran rank, and is largely honorary both IC and OOC – simply a step between the standard member ranks and officers. RESEARCHERS, ENFORCERS AND MEDICS The backbone of the Association, the Researchers, Enforcers and Medics all stand equally as gnomes dedicated to the betterment of Azeroth. Researchers are primarily non-combatants, while Enforcers are tasked with protecting those who cannot defend themselves; Medic is fairly self-explanatory, as a rank for those more versed in healing than anything else. THE COMPANIONS: Considered official members of the A.R.C.L.I.G.H.T. family, the Companions are gnomes who have decided to accompany the Association on their travels. Not yet having worked for long enough to be assigned into a specific field, Companions are still respected members whose opinions count. THE PROSPECTS: Prospect is the rank that all guild members start off as, and is little more than a trial rank. They are promoted to Companion after attending their first organised guild event/activity, which would usually be within the first few days of joining. Activity requirements are somewhat higher for Prospects – fourteen unannounced days without logging in (as opposed to the usual two months) will result in a kick from the guild. This is to ensure that people are interested enough to dedicate time to the guild, and aren’t joining on a character they seldom play. GUILD RULES: - IC drama is very much encouraged, while unwarranted OOC drama will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with the guild, please try to bring it up constructively so that it can be solved. - OOC chat should be kept to OOC channels, where possible. - Any ERP caught or visits to Goldshire (outside of in-game holiday events) will result in a kick from the guild. - TRP3 is the preferred RP addon for the guild – not using it won’t get you kicked, but it’s very much recommended. - IC actions very much equal IC consequences in this guild; as such, this means that the guild concept is subject to change based on the results of in-character decisions. - Two months of unannounced inactivity (two weeks as a Prospect) will result in a kick from the guild. You’re free to re-join if you ever return, just throw a whisper to any of us. Simply logging on to reset the timer is perfectly fine.Brandelwyn202 3h
4h What would be your most desired, future feature? Talking ingame features, of course. Present here in this thread, what kind of feature you would like to see the most in an upcoming patch or expansion. Let your creativity roam free! For me, it would clearly be the possibility to recolor transmog items into a color of my choosing, or generally have a "align color" option for sets. Man, that would really be so enjoyable, for probably everyone I presume. Long overdue, imho. Share your ideas, guys!Vorathel74 4h
4h [A-RP] <Lionheart Vanguard> - Wrath of Kebeset Formerly known as the <Spear of Wrynn> Recruitment status: OPEN Website: http://lionheartvanguard.forumotion.com/ AA: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/189477 1. Summary: 2. Structure and ranks: 3. Guild progression and Medals: 4. Events and activity: 5. Units: 6. Joining the guild: 7. Roleplaying with the guild: 8. Non-roleplaying activities: 9. Rules: 10. Q&A: ...IC The <Lionheart Vanguard> is an elite Alliance task force, founded in response to the Legion invasion across Azeroth. The Vanguard recruits only the most exceptional individuals within the Alliance and each member is expected to be a powerful hero in their own right. The diversity of talents and abilities present within the <Lionheart Vanguard> means that they have a varied amount of tasks designated to them. Currently, their prime focus is the Burning Legion and its invasion, but they are expected to face any other threat to the Alliance that arises - including the Horde. Often being the first to jump into battle and the last to leave it sees the Vanguard stationed all across Azeroth and as such they have no permanent lodgings or headquarters. Shore leave however usually sees them in either Dalaran, or one of the Alliance capital cities. OOC The <Lionheart Vanguard> is a continuation of the Spear of Wrynn, a guild originally founded shortly before the release of Legion. Put simply it is a multi-racial militaristic/ adventure guild comprised of “hero” characters. While there is often an emphasis on ‘realism’ in Argent Dawn’s roleplay, we embrace the high-fantasy setting that Warcraft is and use everything available to us as we roleplay to combat the Legion (read: powerful characters). ...We have found a complex command structure to be superfluous for the guild, and only have a few ranks. We operate like a band of heroes (think Mass Effect or Dragon Age) and not like a military. While the guild is technically a “military guild” due to the way characters are recruited, the nature of the characters in the guild means that frequents commands, orders and formations don’t happen. • Commander: The guild master rank. • Paragon: A minor officer role, mainly assisting when required. • Champion: Temporary rank used in conjunction with our medal system. • Vanguard: The member rank. ...We recognise and reward IC actions using a medal system. Characters that have performed extraordinary feats worthy of recognition will be awarded a permanent medal and the title <Champion> of the <Lionheart Vanguard>, as well as a temporary promotion to the rank of Champion to highlight your characters, and show that they are worthy of respect from their comrades. The medals we use are intended to cater to many different types of characters, and reward people for acting in a way that is appropriate and fitting for that character, rather than forcing people to act in a specific way to get noticed. Roughly once every few months, or in between larger guild campaigns/ stories, we will be having a guild meeting as part of a larger event. This will be the time that we deal with promotions and medals. One good roll in an event won’t get you recognised, rather the guild leader and officers will be following everyone’s progress between each meeting and selecting individuals to be awarded the medals. The medals are: • The Grand Cross - The highest honour awarded by the Lionheart Vanguard. Used very rarely and often posthumously. • The Cross of Heroism - Awarded for great acts of courage. • The Cross of Brilliance - Awarded for great acts of ingenuity. • The Cross of Might - Awarded for great acts of strength. • The Cross of Benevolence - Awarded for great acts of compassion. • The Cross of Ferocity - Awarded for great acts of ruthlessness. ...We usually run 2-4 events a week but are always happy for members to host events in the guild. Most of the time we have more than one event running at once as we like to offer a choice, as well as have smaller more close-knit event groups (more info below). As well as our usual ‘campaign’ events, we will soon be starting our newest event series: Spear of Wrynn goes Artefact hunting. They are simply put more personal events that we will be running for characters in the guild who want to acquire their own “artefact” weapon (not on the level of the adventures weapon’s obviously) if anyone in the guild wants to wield something powerful and “unique” to that character we’ll work on a concept for the weapon and craft a story around it and how we’ll end up gaining said weapon. No one is expected to join every event and we appreciate that RL always takes precedence over the guild. We don’t expect you online all day every day, but if you plan on joining on an alt you only touch once every few months that we suggest you find another guild to store them in. Unless given some sort of warning we tend to remove characters after two weeks of unexplained activity, and consider them M.I.A until told otherwise. ... THIS SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY INACTIVE! • Spear of Wrynn - Lead by Commander Lotheridan Hartford. Named after the former High King Varian Wrynn, the Spears are expected to exemplify his heroism and strength and Spearhead attacks against the Alliance’s enemies. Alliance heroes facing the deadliest and most powerful threats. • Bonechopper of Mekkatorque - Inactive • Shield of the Prophet - Inactive • Claw of Greymane - Inactive • Glaive of Whisperwind - Inactive. • Hammer of the Council - Inactive. • Fist of Cloudsinger - Inactive. The <Lionheart Vanguard> is one, unified force and the units in no way mean that we are a collection of smaller guilds within a guild. The units are temporary groups used on an event-by-event basis to split the guild into a number of smaller forces, each undertaking different task but working towards the same goal. No one is ever permanently assigned to a group. The names were chosen to pay homage to our old guild name, and reflect the attitudes and behavior of the racial leaders they represent. However, they are not meant to divide by race or class - it is just a theme. For the most part people are free to chose who they want to follow in each events (depending who is online) unless there is an in character reason against it. The goal is to maintain a close-knit feel in events, so no one will be lost in the crowd, and it also provide a large variety of events for people to follow. Each unit has their own tasks that they are usually assigned and since we take such diverse characters in the guild the events are in such a way that ensures (for the most part) people aren’t put in situations that make no sense for their character and are uncompelling for them. Fragile mages and sneaky rogues wouldn’t be expected to fight on the front lines, conspicuous plated warriors wouldn’t be made to sneak around in the shadows and ruthless death knights wouldn’t have to waste their time pointlessly saving civilians. How it works in practice would be, for example: On an event night the Spear of Wrynn group may be lead to face the bulk of whatever enemy forces we are facing. The Shield of the Prophet would move into a dangerous area filled with civilians and work to save and evacuate anyone they can. The Bonechopper of Mekkatorque would be looking for a way to weaken the enemy forces, perhaps disabling a powerful artefact that is empowering them. The Claws of Greymane would be sneaking past the frontline and taking out some of the more deadly opponents, striking from the shadows. ...To join it is required that you are max level (or are leveling towards it) as we will be roleplaying all over Azeroth and especially the Broken Isles. Other than that, as long as your character is part of the Alliance they are eligible to join - unfortunately Death Knights are currently not welcomed! There is no uniform, although we personally recommend having a tabard to represent your race or the Alliance as a whole - but it is not necessary. RECRUITMENT CONTACTS: • Lotheridan • Actuator (BTAG: Thallo#2896) • Lukë • Sawblaster If you wish to join the guild, you need only approach one of our contacts by a whisper who will ask you a few questions to make sure you actually know what you’re getting into. You will be then asked to complete a dossier of your character following this template: Name: Race: Age: Occupation: Information: Example: ...Lotheridan396 4h
5h The Infinite Dark - Winners of the Raffle Announced! The Infinite Dark - A Server Initiative! ... Greetings, fellow Argents! This is a renewed project of ours dating back about two years. We hope it will inspire and encourage active interaction between individuals and guilds on an immense scale throughout the server. The Concept IC A mysterious celestial meteor has crashed into Azeroth. Its shards have been strewn across the world and are said to contain immense power. The denizens of Azeroth may unexpectedly stumble across these shards and may attempt to use them for whatever purpose they desire. OOC The idea behind the project is to provide roleplayers on Argent Dawn with an incentive to actively work both with and against one another in order to advance further along the plotline. The project is also meant to add a competitive element to roleplay and give both guilds and individuals a way of measuring their success. This would be done by counting the amount of shards you possess. “I have four shards. How many have you got, scrub?” Due to the nature of these items and the influence they will hopefully have. No one will ever have all of them. However, acquiring a certain amount of shards will grant you certain bonuses and rewards. These rewards will not have an impact on your daily roleplay, nor will it enhance your character in any considerable way (we’ll mention some these further down). You do not need to sign up for this project. You can simply let it play out in your day to day roleplay. This project will not be controlled in any way by admins or other people. What happens during the course of this plotline is entirely up to its participants. You are completely free to cheat and backstab your way to possession of these shards. However, if you do manage to get a certain amount of shards, you will be rewarded through glimpses of what is to come. To whomever collects all of the shards, there will be a special event hosted by yours truly where the plotline reaches its pinnacle. Depending on certain elements, you may be the only one to ever know how this story ended. There are two rules to this project. The first is that whoever hands over a shard to another player for a period longer than three days must send a letter to either Ashgrove or Velarthrien saying who you are and who you gave the shard to. This is to ensure that no shards magically appear or disapear. If a player is absent for a longer period of time, we will simply declare that that player’s shards are not the actual shards and assign them to a new player. The second rule is that the shardowners must make a monthly post, a rumour to both let everyone know that they are active, as well as encourage new players to step into the game. Mechanics of the Shards Each Shard grants the wielder regenerative powers. If anyone holds a shard in his or hers possession for about two weeks they begin to heal old scars and wounds. They also begin to regenerate lost limbs. Note that the Shard does not heal you on the spot. It is a very slow process and can thus not be used in combat situations or similar scenarios. Undead would gain a slight sensation of euphoria, comparable to being alive once again. Only when five shards are combined, the wielder is made impervious to disease, infections and general illness. Undead also begin to experience sensations as if they were alive once more. Something else is also bestowed upon the wielder of five shards... accompanied with a slowly increasing lust to find the remaining shards, a strong urge to uncover the truth behind these mysterious shards. Keep in mind that the shards can only merge into one when all necessary shards are present (You need five shards to merge them into one, you can’t merge two into one etc). After this point, the admins will be updating whoever holds the shards! Attributes and Appearence of the Shards All shards look exactly the same. They are transluscent and hold a faint teal colour which seem even stronger at its core. The entirety of the shard seem to pulsate with a strange shimmer. Upon touching the shard, the shimmer extends onto your hand. The shards are about the size of a human palm. They weigh slightly less than the average rock of that size. A vague inscription can be seen on the shard. The language is unlike anything any man or woman on Azeroth would ever have seen. Even the most skilled of magi would have great difficulty in uncovering the mysteries within these shards. If anyone would throw any sort of spell at the shards, it will be reflected instantly. The shards’ capabilities do not extend to other objects, however. Socketing the shard into your armor or a weapon would not make the armor reflect magic. Only direct hits against the shards will reflect any spells. If anyone would attempt to destroy the shard with an object, the object will shatter shower them with shrapnel with a force equal to what was applied. If an owner of a shard is separate from it for a longer period of time, they get a strong sense of loss. They will feel as if they have lost a part of their own power. The Orb, aka "the Parent Shard": Initially found at the crash site in the Storm Peaks by a band of adventurers, the Orb is similar to the other shards - but not quite the same. The Orb is about twice the size of the other shards. It shares many of the traits of the other shards. It has the same teal colour and is translucent. It is also covered in the very same markings as the shards. It shares most of the other shards' attributes. It reflects spells and shatters steel when under physical attack. It does not heal the owner, however. What makes the orb different from the other shards than its size is a very important feature. It will aid its owner in tracking down the other owners of the shards. The details as to how exactly it helps its owner will be known only to them. How to get a Shard of your own: Initially, this is a very simple process. You let us know by posting on this thread that you want to get your hands on one of these shards. If there are any left, we will contact you and tell you that you may now either have one shard in your possession, or you may go about finding it any way you please (hosting an event of your own where you find it, or perhaps even just finding it in a sewer, be creative!). We will then list your name here on the forum thread as one of the owners of the twenty shards. If all the shards have been taken already, the task is up to you to get them for yourself! We would also like to encourage the owners of the shards to not hold onto them too hard. If people don’t think they can get the shards off you, they will not even bother. Then neither of you will enjoy the project! Allow yourself to lose your shard so that you can try even harder to get it back! I didn’t get one, am I excluded from the Project? NO. This project is meant to create roleplay for everyone, not just the twenty owners of the shards. Just because you haven’t got one doesn’t mean you can’t get one. The only difference is that you don’t have one from the start of the project and that you will have to get shards of your own from the players who have them. Remember that the shards are only meant to act as an incentive for you to pursue them and get roleplaying with everyone else who are after them. Let the hunt for these shards create a whole story for you and your friends! All initial shards have been handed out. You can no longer get a shard from the admins at this time. If any undesirable events lead to two people arguing over who has their shard, you can contact me(Ashgrove) at Argalefz#2779 about it and I'll help you figure it out. :P Previous Threads: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9582578290?page=1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9888778906#1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16946548028 http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17288711033?page=1 AA Articles: www.argentarchives.org/node/146258 www.argentarchives.org/node/147435Ashgrove405 5h
6h [Draenei RP] The Nomads of Tureem Walk again Hello there. We, The Nomads of Tureem, have returned from our break and are looking for any able-bodied Draenei to join us on our adventures. The Nomads are a group originally founded and led by Autarch Azmira, but has since handed the mantle of leadership over to her young protégé Lebular. Under the leadership of both Draenei, the Nomads have travelled all over the known areas of Azeroth, Draenor and Outland. During these travels they have done everything from battling monsters and exploring ancient ruins, to trading with local merchants and sharing stories around the camp fire. More recently the Nomads were caught up in the war on Draenor, and after a few too many close calls they desire to return to some more peaceful travels. Though Lebular does intend to return to help rebuild the place once the war has died down. OOC Information: The Nomads of Tureem have been around for coming up to two years at this point, providing our own mix of adventuring / travelling and Draenei roleplay. The guild is designed to not feel like a religious or military order, but instead a close-knit group of travelling friends and family members. This is done to emulate the closeness and nomadic aspect of the Draenei community during their many years travelling the stars. Before RP was mainly run through events, while the events will remain I will be attempting to encourage more casual and random roleplay whenever we find ourselves stopping at towns and RP hubs on our travels. The events themselves will usually be led by yours truly, and for the most part will run on a fairly simple DM system that we have in place. I consider myself a fairly seasoned DM by this point, but I’m still experimenting with different styles of events so you should get some nice variation. The Guild should run events around 3 evenings per week, give or take depending on the schedules of myself and the officers. If you’re interested in joining up with our friendly caravan give me a whisper, or alternatively my Officers Aalari and Elthanaa or my alt Solarex, we would be happy to answer any questions that you have. Being constantly on the road travelling can get a bit lonely, so alternatively if you’re another guild who would like to do some RP with a bunch of Draenei travellers then feel free to send one of us a message too, we would love to get in contact. Thanks for reading and I hope that we are of interest to you.Lebular106 6h
6h [Discussion] What mount you want for the future? Hello Argent Dawn, i recently been talking to a friend for some mounts that should add in the game, like Giraffe mounts or a new unique type of bear, etc. So i came up with two of these ideas for now for future mounts possible for a faction, perhaps a new playable race, a class mount if they continue for the future to make class-specific quests etc. So, my question is, what mount do you think blizz should create in wow? I`d like to see : Armored Girrafe : an armored giraffe mount, i've seen this in the internet and it looked like a cool mount, perhaps for the horde, this is the image https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/025/130/large/thomas-karlsson-giraffemountas.jpg?1479584373 Another idea of mine was Pterodactyl mount, if they release a expansion/patch that is in Zandalar, they could add it as a mount faction there, i mean the Zandalar bought the Dinosaurs in MoP, im sure they got more in their island.Xesmeni44 6h
6h The Starhost - Night Elf Initiative - News! New 7.2 Mustering Suggestion - see end of thread! http://www.argentarchives.org/node/162378 The Starhost The Starhost is a coalition of Night Elven & Kalimdor based guilds acting as a wartime coalition or warhost in times of need. The Kaldorei nation has a history of banding together en mass to face great threats - the War of the Shifting Sands, facing the Legion - and the Starhost aims to represent what this kind of event would look like in the small cross-section of Night Elf society represented by roleplayers. Gathering and dispersing in response to threats that interest the Night Elf nation - typically, incursions into their forests and the appearance of their traditional enemies, the Legion and the Undead, the Starhost allows individual Night Elf guilds to benefit from the weight of numbers and access to specialist skills afforded by working with their allies. Acting more like an event than an organisation, the Starhost has no formal structure outside of the times it is active; the chain of command, allegiances and operations that take place as part of the Host have no necessary bearing on how guilds govern themselves in peace time or on individual events. It also means that the make-up of the Starhost can change between gatherings, as different guilds or orders chose to step up or sit out as appropriate for them. This 'groundswell' approach to participation means we can have guilds from across the entire spectrum of Night Elf roleplay working side by side in spite of their differences. While taking part in a Starhost gathering, guilds agree to camp together, RP together, sharing information and resources and co-operating on whatever events are currently topical. They choose to participate in a given campaign as a component part of the wider Starhost umbrella as opposed to as a collection of individual guilds, allowing them to combine their strengths most effectively. Leadership As the make-up of the Starhost can change between gatherings there is no formal overall leader in place at all times. Instead we will take a more ad hoc approach, with a council of officers and GMs taken from each participating guild working together to make decisions. To ensure this goes smoothly an overseeing General with executive power will be appointed from the Council based on a vote or collective decision to lead the Starhost council for the duration of a gathering. In keeping with the 'groundswell' approach to gatherings, positions on the council and the post of General are temporary, and liable to change every time the Starhost disperses and re-forms. The role of the Council and General will be to direct the actions of the Starhost, be it how they organise their camps, what battles they face, and the allocation of campaign missions to particular guilds or to cross-guild groups of specialists (Druids, magi, scouts, Priestesses, etc). The General's power will be limited to acting as a figurehead and presiding over Council meetings, casting a deciding vote if needs be in the event of a draw. Membership Taking part in the Starhost is easy; all you need to be is a Night Elf or Night Elf-based guild with the ability to contribute to a warhost in some capacity. Express an interest in taking part to an involved GM (I'm your best bet for now) and you will be signed up. Being a participating guild in a Starhost gathering guarantees you two spots on the Council (ideally a GM and one officer) in return for agreeing to camp with and work alongside the rest of the Starhost for the duration of the campaign/event. Aims The ultimate aim of the Starhost is to create and encourage roleplay and co-operation between guilds. We hope that by providing a framework like this to bind together guilds we can approach events of a greater scale than we would be able to do alone (with Legion approaching this is a big plus), maximise participating in world RP campaigns where appropriate, and foster a sense of community integration between Night Elf guilds and roleplayers. I aim to make this project as open and inclusive and drama-free as possible, and keep the focus on creating roleplay and benefitting the community, and hope the relatively informal structure of the Starhost will aid this; by keeping membership fluid and leadership even more so - and disallowing any notion of lasting influence beyond times of need - we should be left with a tool to benefit all the Night Elf community without being exclusive, domineering or downright weird. Mustering - The crowdsourcing model To maintain as much individual guild autonomy and an open attitude to Starhost dealings the events that the Starhost gather for ('mustering') will be decided upon in a 'crowdsourcing' type model. Somebody (a Starhost guild member, World RP campaign organiser, Dungeon Master, or anybody with a story to share) posts in this thread an Ad outlining the event/campaign they think warrants a Starhost mustering; guilds' officers & GMs may then register their support and once a prerequisite number of groups have signed up (2-4, usually) then the mustering can be called a Starhost and the rules/organisational framework we have in place comes in to play. The council of GMs & Officers will be formed of the guilds that have signed up to a given event, and a Starhost General appointed by them for the duration of that mustering. This open system allows us to decide what events we muster for in a multilateral fashion. Guilds are free to sign up or not as appropriate for them, and need not have participated in any Starhost mustering before or after the event. ... ... As ever, comments, questions, corrections and abuse are welcome below. Thornroot178 6h
8h [A-PvE] RaidPlay - An Open Raiding Coalition So what is the purpose of RaidPlay? RaidPlay is a play on the words Raiding and Roleplay and the idea of it is to be a weekly casual raiding event to serve as an alternative to pugging and to allow those otherwise embroiled in dedicated roleplaying guilds, rookies and veterans alike, a chance to experience endgame PvE progression and content together without having to join a PvE guild. Something something realm community. How does one get in on this and what is required of me as a raider? The easiest way to join in on this is to get in touch with either Tidrick or Faendrel(btag: Foster#22693) ingame or through leaving a message below containing relevant information and you'll be added to a calendar event. I'd recommend approaching us ingame to be certain that you're added to the list. When it comes to requirements you will need to have an item level of 15 below what is dropped in the raid we're currently running with higher being recommended. Joining us on Discord is also a must in order to be able to hear tactics and call outs, mic participation is not mandatory. You'll be expected to bring consumables to last you through the raid(2-3x Flask and one stack of buff food should be plenty). As of the time I'm updating this our current progression is: EN N: 7/7 EN HC: 7/7 ToV N: 3/3 NH N: 10/10 NH HC: 8/10 ... ...Tidrick148 8h
9h Argent Dawn Heroes of the Storm Thread #2 Since the first one reached its post limit. Like General Chat threads, the last person to post can create the new one. So are people excited for Valeera? And due to her spotlight, people are speculating that Broll will be the next hero to come after her.Skrauhg143 9h
10h [Forsaken RP] The Rotgarde shambles... [Thread #9] ... ... ... ... The Rotgarde is still recruiting Forsaken to join us in loyal service to the Forsaken nation as we march joyously onwards towards a reunification of the seven lost kingdoms of mankind under the omnibenevolent WARCHIEF Sylvanas Windrunner. As well as portraying an aggressive & nationalist segment of the greater Forsaken army (including frequent RP PVP events, both restricted or otherwise) the Rotgarde's fervent support of the Forsaken regime serves to place them as a minor power vying for political favour amongst the Dark Lady's court, where they hope their heroism in battle might elevate them to dizzy heights. This opens the door for RP based around politics, faith, factionalism, etc - so there is (hopefully) something for everyone. We have an AA profile over at http://www.argentarchives.org/node/33853 that has further information For recruitment purposes you can contact Valter, Shauna, Thrashin, Eaves or myself, though any other member should be able to point you in the right direction.Perroy296 10h
10h Forsaken RP guilds Can anyone point me towards some good forsaken RP guilds? :)Tervosh3 10h
11h [Unguilded Horde RP] The Performers Society Do you get a thrill from being part of big festivals? Do you have a show of your own or a store that could use the boost from a big event? The Performers Society is for anyone who has a skill in entertainment, crafting, trading or writing! ... Founder Siavash Windfarer: Event Organizer, Fortune Teller & Fire Artist Traders & Crafters Jezebel Brightsong: Tailor Alester Silverwood: Robot Engineer & Fireworks Crafter Scott: Bartender & Tattoo Artist Saellen Runecrow: Bartender & Portal Master Belefon Winterhorn: Bartender & Inscriptor Moema - "Mamma Moe": Baker Huk-Huk: Chef Orabilia Bington: Fortune Teller Meriamele Eriamytholie: Enchantress Entertainers Edyne Solenglade: Magician Sunyiu Qiang-Dû: Storyteller & Singer Minqzi Multibolt: Saxophonist Duvainder Silverstrider: Pianist, Artist & Bookstore Owner Tarina: Belly Dancer & Masseuse Service Rayzeel Dawnweaver: Festival Assistant Delathya Dawnarrow: Doorman Apprentice Angel Whitedawn: Journalist & Photographer ... ► Receive invitations for upcoming events that will be beneficial to you and your profession ► Have a chance to play a more influential part within public festivals and events ► Find a platform to meet fellow performers and initiators, for company and inspiration ... ► Host more festivals, games & tournaments ► Establish a stage in Orgrimmar for the street artists to perform ► Launch our hub in Dalaran, including bar and stage ► Publish entertaining articles on Argent Archives Perked your interest? Approach me in the Wyvern’s Tail for further information. I will look forwards to see you! -Siavash Windfarer Festival Organiser & Entertainer ... I am inviting all writers, entertainers, crafters and traders of the Horde to join our community, independent of what guild tag you may- or may not have, to develop an uplifting network and create fantastic roleplay events. ... This is NOT a guild! This means that the expectations will be different. You are not obligated to give up another guild or restricted in the same way, and neither is Siavash as initiator. Everyone are free to initiate something for each other and individually engage in the projects as much as we enjoy! Remember we’re here for the RP: Let’s stick to the topic of roleplay and leave personal RL stuff and other off topic subjects aside! Be reliable:If you sign up to assist a project we need to be able to trust that we can rely on you. Naturally RL can get in the way, but then inform us so we have something to work with! Take action: Chemistry is the key! Meet us and join through an organic IC story plot. Your influence in the community depends on what you do and how invested you are. Drama is drama: Whether IC or OOC, expect that drama will be addressed in one way or another. We’d rather avoid it and spend our time creating rather than bickering.Siavash77 11h
12h [H-RP] The Sunreaver Order - Trials by Fel Fire ...The Sunreaver Order is an assemblage of Blood Elves that previously represented the Horde in the city of Dalaran. For years we have aimed to defend the wellbeing of our kin, we are masters of illusion and the protectors of enchantment; in the name of Archmage Aethas Sunreaver and our regent Lord we represent the glory of Quel’thalas and it's magical influence, safeguarding the future of arcane mastery. We revise, record and shield the magic of Azeroth, we guide our sect of: Lorekeepers, Spellbreakers, and Guardians while nurturing new blood from the regions of Quel’thalas to continue to reach astonishing performances in feats of magic. ...1. Guild Information 2. Master Links 3. Recruitment Status and Hierarchy ❖ Apprentice ❖ Guardian ❖ Spellbreaker ❖ Lorekeeper 4. FAQ’s 5. Sunreaver Raiding ...The Sunreaver Order was created in October 2015 and is always striving to become more interactive with the Argent Dawn role-play community! Within the guild, as part of our thriving and lively society we pride ourselves in enjoying role-play in all its forms. We often run external events to the guild including Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder campaigns external to the WoW universe through alternate platforms! As the guild houses continuous waves of apprentices, we are always looking for experienced wizards and the likes to pass on their expertise to our fledglings! In addition, if you are interested in role-play in any form or crafting an event in collaboration with the guild, then please don’t hesitate to get in contact; we are very approachable! As a guild we pride ourselves on our approach to magic, personal signature spells and casting flair that is sympathetic to the magus and their personality. Generally we would advise to have a little read through our website to see what we expect from our players! Most of all, have fun! All information about our hierarchy, outfitters, raiding and external role-play campaigns can be found on our website below, including our extensive guild library and all the relevant compendiums. ...❖ Website: www.thesunreaverorder.weebly.com ❖ Library: www.argentarchives.org/node/163587 ❖ Outfitters: www.thesunreaverorder.weebly.com/outfitters ❖ Hierarchy: www.thesunreaverorder.weebly.com/hierarchy ❖ Argent Archive: www.argentarchives.org/node/163373 ...We are currently recruiting Sunreaver Blood Elves only. Although the guild attracts a mage focused player base we accept every class except for Death Knights and Demon Hunters. Paladins and Warriors joining our ranks will be trained as Spellbreakers. We are currently recruiting into the ranks of: ... Apprentices are expected to attend Sunreaver tuition, raise their own Dragonhawk and establish their affinity to the arcane with a personal spell style. All Apprentices will be working towards their ascension trials from the moment they join; these feats of strength are infamously dangerous and will push you to your absolute limit. These tests will examine your capability with magic and as a member of the order.The Sunreaver trials typically take you away from home and last the span of a few weeks, facing perilous missions and quests. We must remind apprentices that a map featuring all of the local infirmaries is etched into the front page of your primary spellbook. Please report to the nearest facility immediately if you are experiencing any slight inconveniences, such as loss of limbs. We must also remind you if you are devoured by a magical creature we hold no legal liability for your untimely demise. ... ❖ So you think you can cast? www.argentarchives.org/node/173087 ❖ Sunreaver Apprentices - Trials and Triumphs www.argentarchives.org/node/163950 ❖ Hawkstriders - The Sunreaver Guide www.argentarchives.org/node/166866 ❖ The Sunreaver Oath www.argentarchives.org/node/164062 ❖ Magister Dawnflare’s Induction www.argentarchives.org/node/181115 ...❖ This rank is suitable for individuals that like to indulge in initiate style role-play, follow their character from the start of their career and watch their progression unfold from the ground up. ❖ Apprentices get to indulge in playful and interactive role-play, they can push boundaries and learn their place in society, further be instructed in the core values of magic and culture. ❖ This rank is good for you if you enjoy the academy style interaction, stimulating learning and curiosity. Happy questing fledgelings! ... Guardians are individuals who have managed to surpass their apprentice trials (well done!) and are now fully-fledged members of the order. Now authorised to wear the Sunreaver tabard and adorn their uniform with the sigils of the sect. Guardians must adopt the younger generation of Sunreavers below them, refining and passing on the knowledge they have learnt so far in their career. This rank is a key components to The Sunreavers structure on the front lines, when called to battle.  ...❖ So you think you can cast? www.argentarchives.org/node/173087 ❖ Moronic Magical Mishaps www.argentarchives.org/node/168355 ❖ The Creature Codex: Dragonhawk Edition www.argentarchives.org/node/168542 ...❖ This rank is suitable for individuals that are joining on a pre-established character, someone who is already a working practitioner in the art of magic or a relevant field. ❖ Guardians get to indulge in progressive storylines that are focused on in depth character building, they are no longer burdened by the pressures of being an apprentice and get to explore what being a mage means to them alone. This leads to exploring your chosen art form and answering calls to battle etc. ❖ This rank is good for you if you enjoy the more advanced magical interaction, stimulating apprentices below you and furthering your characters knowledge of the world around them. ... The Sunreaver Spellbreakers are an influential battle-casting unit, new blood trained specifically to wield their weaponry with grace and skill and excel in anti-magic techniques. Individuals are selected or accepted as a Spellbreaker if they show the aptitude, willpower and determination in their very core to master this training, most likely Apprentices would have shown proficiency in counter spells and spell deflection. Under normal circumstances Sunreavers are hand picked into this rank and expected to undertake their militarised training with as much gusto and enthusiasm as they can muster. This rank will be the hardest in terms of physical and psychological practice, your body and mind will be pushed to its limit.  ...❖ www.thesunreaverorder.weebly.com/spellbreakers ...❖ This rank is suitable for individuals that like military style role-play, this role is part of a binding brotherhood, suited for people who like a formal and strict approach to character development. You will be acting as part of a seriously established unit, with pre-determined rules and expectations. ❖ Spellbreakers get to experience life through the eyes of a soldier to the high home, you will undergo gruelling training forged from a fierce legacy, continuing ritual acts and perfected performance. ❖ This rank is good for you if you enjoy the military style interaction, heavy battle training oriented role-play and enjoy being part of a sacred brotherhood with masonic type values. ... The Sunreaver Lorekeepers, are the cerebral force of the order. Lorekeepers know exactly how to outsmart the enemy, they have an intellectual and tactical mind, ready to calculate any problem or conundrum. Lorekeepers are guided on intuition and a vast athenaeum of arcane knowledge, it is most likely that they have chosen to study more than one magical school and have an ever extending hunger for wisdom. These members of the sect are highly intelligent, creative and at times have bizarre and unconventional techniques to accomplish a task. Lorekeepers are the ones you turn to in the most dire situations, they are always prepared with a higher level of thinking whether it be for a quick escape or to conjure a diabolically fantastic and strategic plan of attack!   ...❖ This rank is suitable for individuals who are interested in an in-character officer position. This rank is expected to nurture the apprentices and guardians, furthermore stimulating the role-play that revolves around them. You will be helping design and progress characters not only for yourself but others around you. ❖ Lorekeepers are expected to undergo various in-character responsibilities that include political endeavours, calls to battle, social and cultural events and ambassadorial duties. They are expected to, on the face of things, take a logical and neutral stance on decision making that is progressive for the Sunreavers as a whole. ❖ This rank is good for you if you enjoy forming events, stimulating role-play, attending public meets and being an ambassador for the guild, solidifying and maintaining alliances and appreciating cross guild interaction. You will also be expected to have apprentices under your guidance.Kirtholas68 12h
13h [RP-PVE] The Jailers' Reign Campaign ...... The story As the war on the Broken Isles continues, the Burning Legion has sent its agents to the far north in their attempt to secure another foothold on Azeroth. With help from his followers, the crippled Dreadlord Xal’molenth has seized control of a significant portion of the Scourge that has lingered in Zul’drak since the war against the Lich King. Undead fight alongside demons, just like they were created to do and the Argent Stand struggles from constant attacks. A single runner managed to escape the fallen Drakkari city in time and word has been sent out to different corners of the world. Who will answer? The concept The Jailers’ Reign Campaign will mainly consist of RP-PVE events progressing the main storyline told by myself, but there will be plenty of chances to host private events as well. Both the Alliance and Horde are welcome to sign up but I’m mainly looking for guilds and characters inspired by the class orders, or more specifically – the Argent Crusade, the Order of the Silver Hand and the Knights of the Ebon Blade. This is my attempt to set a certain theme for this campaign, nothing more. The Earthen Ring, the Cenarion Circle and so on are welcome to sign up, as long as they do not outnumber the amount of death knights and paladins showing interest. The date - May 8th, Monday, 20:00 ST lasting for a good two weeks I imagine. The zone There will be a few certain locations throughout the zone that will be used to progress the story, which means attending players are not to near them before the events take place, but it is still encouraged to host private events in the outskirts of those places when there aren’t any “main events” on the calendar. Important information is shared in this link, so please take a moment to read it: http://imgur.com/a/MpnJ5 Kolramas, Altar of Sseratus, Amphitheater of Anguish, Reliquary of Agony and Zeramas are the locations the dungeon-masters will be using, which means you are welcome to create roleplay in the outskirts / along the border of these areas. As mentioned in the link, there are a few places that have been destroyed, but guilds and individual-attendees are more than welcome to try and reclaim them through their own events, but please let us know in this thread or the IC thread (soon to come). Roleplay opportunities The campaign will provide people with a lot of different options. If you want to attend the campaign as a demonic follower instead of a knight of the Silver Hand, feel free to sign up as one. If you want to roleplay a wounded or a poisoned soldier, there will be plenty of chances to experience this, and should there be people interested in roleplaying a prisoner of the Legion – let me know, and you will be added to a list. More information regarding prisoners, demonic followers and even Scourge roleplayers will be shared once we get closer to the campaign launch, and once I’m certain there is enough interest shown from these kind of roleplayers. The events I have planned are only for “the good guys”, so everyone else is responsible for their own entertainment. I’m looking for people to roleplay demonic cultists, death knight turncoats, Nerubians and corrupted Drakkari trolls for a couple of events, so if you’re interested, please let me know. Mark of the Legion What changes have the Burning Legion’s arrival done to the zone? A lot of trees have become tainted with the fel and may prove deadly to near, what was once pools of unholy slime have now, somehow, become polluted with demons’ blood. Ice trolls are dabbling in powers they do not understand, the Nerubians have become infested and crazed by demonic energies and the Altar of Sseratus is now sanctuary for several twisted cultists and death knight turncoats working to turn whatever herds of Scourge they can find into subjects of the Burning Legion. The skies are inhospitable due to the ridiculous amount of felbats and gargoyles plaguing the airspace. The Scourge remains in control of Zul’drak’s third level. - I am aware that there aren’t many guilds based around the different class orders, but this campaign is a bit of an experiment, so I do not mind if the numbers will not rival those of other campaigns. Feedback, criticism and questions are more than welcome, thank you for reading.Rottusk23 13h
13h [Campaign] Return of the Empire - IC Thread The following has been posted in various villages, towns and ports in Pandaria and outside of it. ...Jaí16 13h
13h Fall seven times and stand up eight. Good evening, people of Argent Dawn. Not that long ago there has been an initiative held on this server that genially held one purpose to it - helping people. It is no secret that the majority play this game to relax after hard working day or a day at school, or, perhaps, to some extent escape the reality and dedicate yourself to World of Warcraft - be it RP, PVP or PVE. Including myself! Sometimes real life brings struggles to all of us and we somehow still manage to get on going no matter what, to overcome those difficulties. But not everyone. Some may think they are down, may loose their inspiration about life (or discouragement from the others), or just feel like there would be no need on going further. But that is fine! We all feel that from time to time and we are no robots. I myself was not at my 100% just a few months ago, but my friends, and just random people in general - God Bless them - actually managed to listen to my issues and give their piece of advice. And it was worth more than gold. It has been a while since this initiative has been actually renewed due to a number of the moments that happened around it. Without going too deep into that, I just wish to say that I would like to offer my set of ears to those, who require a person, whom they would like to talk to. A friend, a bystander, a random player on the internet - everything will work, because people should help each other, not judge their life choices. And that is I intend to offer and what I encourage others to do the same. Without any more words - I will simply put my battle.net ID here for the others to easily get in touch with me. I am mostly online during the evenings due to my work, but I can also offer my discord/skype name, if there will be a necessity to that, because I am always carrying my phone around. If I do not answer - please do not think that I ignore you - we all are human beings and we all have our own responsibilities. But please, do write, do not feel threatened. B.net: fuzzed#2330Aeilmar12 13h
13h Art of your character(s) II Continued from https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10993629824?page=1 Post the art of your character(s) and don't forget to credit who did it!Zyathrix24 13h
13h [H-RP] The Horde's Shadow - Back in Black! Throm'ka fellow members of the Horde! No it is not a mirage, The Horde's Shadow is back and we're going to be better than ever! After a long extended break thanks to that thing called IRL and Adulthood, I've returned and am bringing back The Horde's Shadow new, improved and in a lot better state than it's first iteration! So what are we you may ask well, let me tell you! 1. The Concept The Horde's Shadow is a multi-racial war band made up of experienced and highly skilled members of the Horde. They work together to bring down the enemies and threats of the Horde using their skills, knowledge, determination and teamwork to ensure the Horde and her people live in some degree of peace and safety. Founded during the end of the expansion we don't mention (Warlords), The Horde's Shadow was initially tasked with trying to aid in stopping the rising Legion threats and soon after Legion began they shipped off to the Broken Isles to aid those that were being bombarded by the Legion threat. A series of poor decisions and actions lead to the unit disbanding and their leader and members were scattered. During the time that passed, with Alliance and Horde focusing on the threat of the Nighthold and Gul'dan's tyranny, Ara'ni underwent development of her own through intense training, improving on the mistakes she made leading small groups on 'covert' missions including sabotage, reconnaissance and rescues. Now as the Legion retaliate even stronger and more brutal than before, The Horde's Shadow is reforming in order to take on tasks that require the utmost risk and entering dangers that many could only dream of. Their goal now is to run the assignments and deal with the threats to the Horde both on the front line but also a domestic level against the Alliance and other foes. 2. Who does the Horde’s Shadow Accept? The Horde's Shadow remains a MULTI-RACIAL unit encompassing the values and traditions of the Horde and each race. Whilst we understand that the denizens of the Horde don't always see eye to eye and cultures clash, anyone who wishes to join must be able to work with all races and co-operate without prejudice. If you have opinions about particular races its okay to be wary and such but no flat out racism please. In addition, The Horde’s Shadow is a unit with high standards for those who wish to enlist. All those who join should exhibit skills in combat but also in strategy, logistics, logic and problem solving. Those with additional skills in other areas such as languages, or a profession like blacksmithing, alchemy and mending are also encouraged to join. Note below: We sadly do not accept demon hunters into our ranks, however they can choose to affiliate themselves with us and aid in appropriate missions if it is suited to their purpose How do I Apply? In order to make the experience as immersive as possible, all applications are handled on an IC basis. To simulate an IC request to join there are three ways in which you can do this: 1. simply send an IC mail to Árani with the following form. 2. /w me a completed form as though you're sending an IC letter! 3. Post it here and we'll pick it up! ... After receiving the application you'll hear from Ara'ni either that day or the next and try to accommodate an IC interview with yourself! The IC interview will consist of a discussion of skills, experience and why your character wishes to join the Shadow. There will also be a test of relevant skills. After this you will then either be initiated or declined a position. I apologise in advance if this seems elitist to you, but The Horde's Shadow prides itself on it's immersion and realism. Not everyone is able to be accepted into such a unit and not everyone can be successful. If your character is unsuccessful, it is not a slight on you or your roleplaying ability at all, it is simply IC and should be regarded as such. We're all nice people and 99% of the time we'll try to accommodate everyone. 3. What if I have any questions? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have either by whispering any member of the guild or myself. Or post them here and we'll be happy to answer too ^^. Alright next post is the more guildy IC stuff! We look forward to hearing from you though!Árani33 13h
14h Tauren RP Can anyone point me towards a nice Tauren RP guild or a Tauren RP hub. I am always alone in Thunder BluffHaruh2 14h
14h The Dreadfront [A-Legion] RP Guild TL;DR, we're part of the Burning Legions campaign against the forces of Azeroth, a reminder that while the main fighting is on the Broken Shore, you are not safe hiding in your cosey little Stormwind taverns :P. So who are we oocly? The general concept behind Dreadfront is to create an antagonist for other RPers. We were bored with rolling against raid markers during events and with the lack of any real active villain guilds these days, so we've stepped in to fill that void. Who are the Dreadfront icly? Servants of the Eredar Lady Vasaari and Lady Isaari, our goal is to soften up the forces of Azeroth away from the front lines. We do this through a mix of brute force, attacking towns and villages and the use of our cunning infiltrators, corrupting mortals to spread the legions influence. Events: We generally don't have scripted DM events, instead we usually strike against a band of heroes or get hunted down by the Illidari. Lately we have had some beautiful IC conflict with several guilds and a few more who are actively hunting us. Ranks: Belaros'nagas - Our GM, Jubei Tyrant - The IC leaders of the guild. Currently the title held by Eredar Lady Vasaari and Lady Isaari after Kul'ar was usurped. Corruptor - The Nathrezim known as Malum. Inquisitor - Our current Officer rank Subjugator - Powerful demons within the burning legion, from Eredar to Doomguard. Thal'kituun - Our currently infiltrator/scout rank, including our Nathrezim and Sayaad. Dreadblade - Our lower level demons, those such as Felguard, Mo'arg and Wrathguard. Exalted - Mortals who've been shown favour by the Legion. Felsworn - Mortal cultists who've proven themselves. Servant - Faithful cultists and enslaved mortals bent to our will. Can I join or can my guild fight you? The answer is simply yes. If you wish to join or hunt us down we only ask that you are sporting. You can get in contact with anyone from our guild, all our members would be happy to answer your questions. (Everything above is subject to change, when and if needed) UPDATE 2 Kul'ar has been betrayed by his own and slain. We're still currently hiding out/fortifying Zul'Gurub. We've decided to open up the Dreadblade rank to the mortals. Some new names to contact, we've promoted Lelomi and Hildemarr to officers. Again here's the list of toons you can contact if you want to get in touch. Júbei, Isaai, Vasaari, Málum, Lascere, Dominixia, Farangor, Lelomi, Vandrialas and Hildemarr.Lascere76 14h
15h [Alliance-Roleplaying] Looking For A Guild. As the title plainly states, i'm looking for a guild for this character. She goes by the name of Celi'tara Shadestrike, and is one of those oh-so high and mighty Kaldorei Warriors. A former Sentinel, turned traveller and mercenary of sorts, she is in no way restricted to Kaldorei or Kalimdor based guilds. In fact I might even prefer it if she were in a non Kaldorei only guild, I never much did like being the same as everyone else (Yay for special snowflakes?). Related to that, I'm in no way, shape, or form looking for a guild that has an established uniform policy, nor am I looking for a guild that imposes strict rules regarding the use of their tabard. There are many reasons for this, the chief among them being that the Armour and weapons she uses are tied to her background. Not to mention i've written a lot about it in her TRP (Plus it looks so damn pretty on Night Elves! Am I right?!) So yes, any Roleplaying guilds out there for little old me?Celitara4 15h
15h Wrath of the Lich King twink raiding group. As the title suggests, i was thinking of putting together a Wrath of the Lich King twink raiding team. I miss playing back in Wrath as a max level and would like to revisit it, i'm sure things will be easier due to all the expansions that have passed but hey, raiding and just playing the content has always been fun to me. The idea is that we do the raids we currently would progress in the same or lower ilvl as the raid allows, so no ICC gear in Naxxramas for example, otherwise things would only be easier and it lowers the difficulty further and it'd just be boring at some point. We will also hunt achievements in both dungeons and raids alike. What will we do? how do we approach the content? Well first of, depending on how much interest there is to this, i may make a guild for it, or i might make a discord channel for it, just a place where people can poke eachother and come together. Raids and scheduling - Starting with Naxxramas, the first Wotlk raid and Onyxia's lair, depending on how long people feel like running this content, we shall be there. - Following with Ulduar, Eye of Eternity and Vault of Archavon, during Ulduar, we will also attempt to get everyone the Herald of the Titans achievement, which gives a title and well, special achievement. - Trial of the Grand Crusader, preparing for Icecrown Citadel. - Icecrown Citadel, Obsidian Sanctum and Ruby Sanctum. Team Setup Honestly, it's twink content, aslong as we have 2 tanks, 2-3 healers and 5 or 6 dps we're good to go. Right now we're looking for 3 healers (1 healer with an offspec dps) and 2 dps. If the interest is great enough, we can easily expand into a 25 man group and take in more people, so the more interest, the bigger chance the group expands. Maybe an interesting challange is 13-15 into 25 man raids? we'll see! Do we take Monks? ... Indeed, no bonuses, just looked into that, so monks are just as welcome. Our current team: Tanks: 2 warriors. DPS: Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Warrior (with tank offspec) 2nd hunter, Healers: Druid, monk (With dps offspec) What day(s) will we raid? To be discussed when we got a proper group formed up, i'd like everyone to be able to play, or atleast pick the best day so the large majority can. If you are interested, or simply wish to give some imput, leave a comment!Jéssina38 15h
16h [A/N-RP] The Fallen Leaf: Pandaria's Second Defense ... ...The Fallen Leaf was once a wandering neutral order with a purpose to help those in need of aid; work as heroes for the weak. Now the order has a different goal, which is to bring a change to Pandaria and to help the continent's populace form an army of their own, independent from a single group to rule over them. Instead, they aim for Pandaria to operate under the Celestials, and the mayors of each region. Of course, these goals are years away from their reach with their current numbers and power, so the focus will be on becoming stronger, larger and more organised as an order. To gain a foothold outside of Pandaria, and in secrecy, inside of it. To do so, the Leaf will operate as group of mercenaries under different aliases, while preparing for Pandaria's future behind the scenes. The order continues to follow the philosophy of the Fallen Leaf, and enforces a set of rules to make sure everything works fluidly. ...The Fallen Leaf will be partaking most community events and campaigns with different excuses, which means that we might fight against Horde (or the Alliance) under the alibi of having been hired by someone to do so. We will also try to host community events, as well as hold DM events of our own. The RP will focus on perfecting oneself as a warrior, through training, philosophy and experience. Alongside this, the order continues to work on strengthening its influence and power to achieve their goals in the distant future. We will do plenty of travelling and so change location very often. We will also put emphasis on individual character development. Everyone will stand out, but it also requires you yourself to take initiative. Everyone can host guild events, but officers/guild master should be informed about the overall idea of the event. ...W̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶-̶t̶y̶p̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶C̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶O̶O̶C̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶s̶i̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶.̶ We have simplified our rank system by taking out the non-fighter ranks and instead using the fighter ranks for everyone.T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶O̶O̶C̶ ̶-̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶X̶i̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶-̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶O̶O̶C̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶s̶i̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶.̶ The ranks are now IC, and mirror their IC progress in the guild as well as OOC. The responsibilities are similar to their OOC counterparts. ... ...Basic understanding of English and RP, and the willingness to improve and take advice are probably the most important of the requirements for us. We also expect you to be able to behave in the game world, and in guild chat, which probably goes without saying. To join, you may contact: Shuang (Arysa or Naelyth), Shenmi (Jaí), Sindaru, Zaern (Adventure), or if none of aforementioned are online, feel free to whisper any other member. As for races and classes, all combinations are welcome to join. And last, but not the least: ... ...Shuang431 16h
16h <Dwarf Military RP> Thandol's Advance - an update Battleforge, at that moment still a Sergeant of the Ironforge Army, falls with his heavy body into a wooden chair, making the furniture shake under his weight. Bronzebeard veteran hides deeply brown orbs behind the eyelids, taking a long breath. He takes a hold on a ceramic pitcher, filling a pint. Because of a mind full of thoughts, Kulgram does not even notice that ale started to spill onto the table a few moments ago. He brings the mug up his lips, wetting his lush black beard. Only when alcohol finally found its way to the throat, he opens the letter, begining to read its contents silently. Dear nephew, I am writing to you in these difficult for all of us times, with hope that my decision about which I'm going to inform you in this letter will prove to be good. Throughout my life I was fighting for the good of Ironforge and the whole of Khaz Modan. I defended our lands from invaders, shed blood on behalf of our ancestors. It's time for a change. I'm getting old. It is inevitable that soon my body will have to rest and my soul will join with the Titans. This means that my order, my company, will become leaderles. I watched your actions in the ranks of the dwarven army, faithfully serving the Great Forge and her children, and that's why I'm going togive you the leadership of the Thandol's Advance. Fear not, my lad. That I'm sure this decision is right and you'll yet make us all proud. Search for more of our Kinsmen with smilar fire in their hearts. No matter what clan they hail from, unite them under one standard, fight for Khaz Modan. Fight for our children, for the future of all of us and defend this bridge at all cost. Yours faithfully, General Bomgnar Stonefist From the beginning shocked Kulgram slowly stands up, stepping onto the stone balcony overlooking the Great Forge, instantly finding his own kind of peace from the sound of hammers hitting against the anvil. His thick skull seems to be filled with countless thoughts, pondering about the the decision his uncle has come to. The dwarven warrior nods to himself as he puts on his military outfit, begining to work on what has to be done.Kulgram14 16h
19h LF names Imlerith and Caranthir As stated in the title I am looking to obtain the names Imlerith and Caranthir. I am willing to exchange coin, republic credits, material or favors for these names. If you are in possession of these names or know who is, please poke me via in-game mail or whisper, a post on this thread, or add my battle-tag which is Moody#2874. Please Argent Dawn Kenobi you are my only hope. Edit: now offering a 10,000 gold finder's fee for any information that leads to the owner of one or both names!Moody21 19h
20h [Undead RP] The Hand of Agony : Change of the Season ... ___________________________________________________________________________ The Hand of Agony, also known as The Queen's Grasp, originally based on Hand of Vengeance, is a Forsaken-only guild focused on Military RP. Even while the guild is focused on Military themes, not all of our events however are strictly militaristic. Apart from our own events, produced and brought to life by officers and members alike, we have done many, many co-operative events with several other guilds, and more have been planned for the future! Many of these events and campaigns can be found on our Argent Archives -page, where our allied guilds are also listed. From once being only apothecaries, the Queen’s Grasp has grown into a fully operational warmachine, determined and prepared to fight the threats which the kingdom of Lordaeron and the Banshee Queen faces. - Accept new roleplayers, willing to teach etc - More information on our AA: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/82147 Current base: Tarren Mill Rank system: OOC: Members that have not undergone an in character interview. Said characters are allowed to remain OOC for the time it takes them to lvl, or gather RP items, or whatever other reason there is. Not indefinitely, however. Recruit: New blood in the military unit receives a rank of Recruit, his journey ready to start. A lot of hard work will be need to prove themselfs. Trooper: Gaining experience Recruits become troopers. Forming a less experienced pool of soldiers that will get the job done... if guided right. Specialist: Are soldiers who already knows a few tricks and their skills has been tested enough to be ready for a deployment almost anywhere without preparations. Veteran: These veteran soldiers of any branch act as exemplars for the less experienced among the Hand. Some are loved while others are feared, the Veteran's duty is to show those below them how it's done. Elite: Having earned the respect of their unit and their unit Commander the Elites are men and women who are battle-hardened and equipped for their tasks. Often associated with a certain officer the Elites act as a ''Second in command'' to their assigned unit. Officer: Having been put in charge by the Commander of the Hand the Officers lead the Hand's different divisions with an unyielding tenacity. All sections (Apothecaries/Deathguards/Deathstalkers/Spellweavers/Clergy) have one of these and each of them is determined to make her Majesty proud. Executor: The Commander of the Hand of Agony, holds absolute command over the entire unit. Current recruitment officers: Guildmaster Jorríck - Officers: Belthran, Emarric, Sôrgall, Solineria If none of the Officers are available, you can contact any member or elite for applications but you do have to handle the IC interviews with an officer. Argent Archives Profile: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/82147 Old threads: Regards to Akru for making the original post as well as the Argent archives page. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893569293?page=1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7739845005 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715482712?page=1 ___________________________________________________________________________ Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ! Q; Alright, seen you guys around, cool name and all.. But what EXACTLY are you about? A: Mainly about RP, we serve her Majesty without doubts, going to places where others dare not to enter. Q: Sylvanas huh.. Doesn't that mean you are very anti-horde? A: Both yes and no. The beauty of Forsaken roleplay is that it is based around Free Will, and so is the guild. As long as you are loyal to Sylvanas, it's all good.. Q: Promotion? A:You have to be active and show us what you want to roleplay as. If you are a hunter wanting to be a Dreadguard, you prove it by rping as one and dressing accordingly. Each event you go to will earn you a small amount of promotion points only visible to the officers. You will then be called to a second interview for each rank you advance in when it's time. Making it all happen IC so you can't predict when it is about to happen. Q: Why can't I join as a Dark ranger?! A: Cause we have decided to remove the rank altogether for two reasons: 1 is that the class is often associated with a lot of confusion and drama. We do not shun dark rangers but we chose not to have them as part of our officer system. People can still join as dark rangers as elites or deathstalkers, but won't ever be officers. 2 is that we do not recruit more blood elves. Even if your blood elf is an undead icly or a death knight, we won’t allow you to join as we already got way too many. BUT.. If you chose to use the Forsaken model and rp an undead blood elf that way, we will more then welcome you! Q: Anything else? A: We want to promote more use of the Forsaken as a race all together as well as the model of the forsaken male and female. There is so much rich story for everyone to enjoy! We gladly help newcomers and constructive feedback is something we are always open for. Do leave the trolling somewhere else though!Emarric108 20h
21h [H - RP] Blood Howl - Nomadic Warband "The Howl echoed down the dark mountain, vibrating through the cold air. The snow were covered by the blood of alliance who fell during the ambush, and by our own. Red, black, green, the blood was everywhere. We had been dying, but as the Howl came to us, we rose again. Strength returning, we left the old behind. Surviving, victorious, our new warband was shaped, from the strength of our blood, and the Howl of Lo'gosh. From that day on, we were Blood Howl." What is Blood Howl? We have been around on Argent Dawn since the fall, but was formed by two older guilds of Defias Brotherhood et al.. Above all, Blood Howl stand for Horde strength, ferocity and unyielding will. Those are the ideals of the Wolf Ancient Lo'gosh/Goldrinn our name is inspired by, and what we try to embody. We are a warband, but our attitude towards eachother are more that of a family, a collection of like minded individuals. Everyone have a beast within, which far too often is supressed. Not in our guild. Here we embrace the ferocity and the strength it give, be it mental or physical. What sort of stuff can one get from Blood Howl? Our guild is nomadic in nature, meaning that we will be travelling around the world a lot. No endlesss sitting in a bar for us! You can expect random rolepaly, regular DM'd events, restless (bad humor) OOC chats in between tough IC situations and overall welcoming atmosphere. We're also in love with bashing of Alliance heads and will gladly take part and will be organizing some RP-PvP action. Guild guidelines: We trust that our members have some common sense and they know how to be nice towards other people. But incase problems do show up our officer team will deal them as best as they see fit. Anything the guild doesn't allow?: Racism, Sexism, Harassment, bullying, threats are forbidden ooc. IC we are a bit more relaxed, but remember if you want to do such things with someone, just ask them oocly first. Keep it friendly! (Do note that banter is of course freely aloud, but make sure you state such) How are arguments resolved?: Both in character and out of character you are expected to know that your actions can lead to consequences. Hopefully we're all grown up enough to resolved such things between us, but if things get out of hand approach on officer. Icly: the Jins, Chieftains and Vizer's words are law. Ranks: OOC: You have joined the guild out of character because you're a friend of the guild, or you're currently awaiting approval from a higher rank. Unbloodied: You have been accepted into the Warband, You are now on your path to becoming Bloodied, all you need to do is prove yourself and uphold our name. Bloodied: You have been accepted as a true member of the Warband, proving your worth and showing your strength in the way you act. Blood Champion: Have a responsibility beyond that of a Bloodied, and are expected to sometimes take charge and lead those in the Warband, making sure we have what supplies or otherwise we need. Bloodsworn: You have been granted the honor of giving some blood to signify your bind to the Warband. You have been recognised as a fierce warrior or dedicated healer, who upholds all of the ideals we follow. You are able to accept people into the Warband, However you have no obligation to do such. Hand of Arcana/Force/Faith: You have fought with the Warband long and hard, shown strength, intelligence and cunning. Perhaps you've gone beyond your orders and acheived greater than expected. The Jin has offered you a position as his hand, an advisor and trusted friend, to aid his decisions. You may recruit people into the Warband. You may carry the flag of the warband Jin: The Leader of the Warband, his word is law within our people and always watching your actions. Able to recruit and demote, may carry the flag of the Warband. How to join? We accept every race and every class be it newbie or veteran to roleplay. As long as they fit in with the guild ideals. Exijin, Yorah, Bwimtòru and Cridar are the guys you want to talk ingame with. Then just set up a small IC interview and you're in! AA page: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/163185 (not finished) Website: http://blood-howl.enjin.com/homeExijin142 21h
22h [A-RP] Jaggerhawk Myrmidons - Upon the High Seas! !!! Work In Progress !!!1. Introduction 2. Concept 3. Background 4. Ranks 5. Rules 6. Priorities 7. Add-Ons 1. Introduction... 2. ConceptThe Jaggerhawk Myrmidons are an unit of specialists operating from The Daring Spirit, a Square-rigged Heavy Frigate. A seafaring paramilitary guild; the equivalant of a shore-party or strike team. We want our guild to be a place where you can be your character and RP in a friendly environment. To this end we'll keep it small and knit-tight to allow characters to interact and encourage individual development and growth. All members are allowed to host events (within reason and if lore permitting). However, it’s important to note this isn’t a second job for you to stress about, it’s not a long term commitment which you’re bound to by the leisure of others. It’s about enjoying yourself and have fun. 3. BackgroundIn consideration of the ongoing war with the Legion and the strain which it has on the economy, the private funding and patronage from House Jaggerhawk into such an endeavour could be considered as an act of solidarity. However this means that they're not a part of the centralized military but they're not completely autonomous either. Behind closed doors, the SI:7 reviewed the proposition forwarded by one of their most audacious agents. Obviously they were skeptical of the idea and concluded that while it posed certain risks, it also provided some benefits such as the relief from the treasury and an additional asset. However, it was decided that they can’t officially sanction the operation but they won’t stop the Agent from going ahead with it on his own volition. 4. RanksCaptain – The Commanding Officer of the Myrmidons whom is basically responsible for everything. This includes but not limited to administration, recruitment, training and public relations. Jaggerhawk – An honorific rank for the Captain's family. This isn’t an officer position; merely a rank for snowflakes. Adjutant – The Executive Officer and Second-In-Command of the Myrmidons whom is responsible to assist the Captain with his duties along with providing advise or counsel should it be required. Officer – Primarily an OOC rank with light responsibilities such as enforcing the rules and moderating the guild chat. Petty Officer – Myrmidons or Veterans whom have shows aptitude for leadership are considered to become Petty Officers. The Petty Officer is the actual first in the chain of command. Their duties and responsibilities are equivilant to that of a Sergeant. Veteran – Myrmidons whom have repeatedly gone into the fray and survived despite the odds are recognized as Veterans. This rank is on an OOC basis an acknowledgement to the dedication of long-term members whom have invested time with their character development. Myrmidon – These men and women have passed the mandatory training program and recognized as Myrmidons. Irregular – Men and women whom recently joined the Myrmidons and have yet to begin or are going through the mandatory training program. Associate – Those who are loosely affiliated with the Myrmidons and more often than not operate on a more supporting capacity. However, some doesn't really do anything. 5. RulesWhile we as a guild primarily adhere to the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement, we also have a few specific policies which we would like to emphasis. • First and foremost. Don't ever, EVER mix IC with OOC or vice versa. • As a guild member, you're OOC'ly expected to treat others with dignity and respect. Furthermore Obnoxious behaviour with the intent of provoking or incite drama in guild chat will result in a /gkick. • ERP at your own peril, you will be /gkick if ever caught in the act. • What Blizzard says is Lore, is Lore. Period. RPG Lore (which for the record isn't considered canon) and other Headcannons won't be acknowledged if contradicted by Canon Lore. • You're expected to acknowledge that there are consequences for your character's actions; every action has an equal and opposition reaction. In regards to our IC rules, the URL links for our In-Character Code of Conduct and to the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement can be found @ https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615221748#post-2 6. PrioritiesWhen it comes to prioritizing, it should go without saying that real life comes first at all times. Therefor any potential members should be aware that any scheduled events are preliminary at best. 7. Add-OnsWe strongly advise all aspiring members to install the following Add-Ons....The first one is to enhance the immersion and RP experience beyond what the game can provide while the later will make the administrative aspects and communications easier to handle to have it all in one place for all to see.Adolphus42 22h
1d [Troll RP] Zandalari Empire - back in Zul'Gurub! Website and forum: http://zandalariempire.com/ Argent Archives page: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/143830 (under construction) Zandalari Empire Art: http://zandalariempire.tumblr.com/ ------------------------------- Not all believe King Rastakhan died with the sinking of Zandalar; a city dragged under the waves wrought by the Cataclysm. In fact, there are those of the Zanchuli Council who believe Prophet Zul is nothing more than a blasphemous traitor who treats the divine, sacred Loa as aids for his grab at power; he does not give them the utmost respect they deserve. None can deny, however, that the numbers that follow him are great, even after suffering losses in Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman and in Pandaria. Within the walls of Zul'Gurub, the trolls indoctrinate members of all tribes into a vision of a different Zandalari Empire where their loyalty remains to the King and the Loa are worshipped without heresy. ------------------------------- What is the Zandalari Empire? Summary: Zandalari Empire was formed by Zegha of the Zanchuli council who wished to offer an alternative future to trolls who did not wish to join the legion of the Prophet Zul. Spurred on by the visions of a Seer, he foresaw that he could lead the remnants of their society to a new, brilliant age of glory through different means. The Zandalari took residence within the walls of Zul'Gurub and began amassing trolls to the sacred city. They came from far and wide; remnants of dying tribes, those disillusioned by their leadership and survivors of the losses that took place on Pandaria - the Empire began to grow and flourish with Loa worship central to the lives of all within the city. It was at this time the Prophet was struck down by hidden emissaries of Zul. His student, also a member of the Zanchuli Council, stepped up to take the rank of Prophet and ensure the continuation of his Master’s dream and the King’s command. The Empire is ever-growing as Zul the Blasphemour makes more and more mistakes. Devout trolls flock to the Jewel of the Jungle and the steadfast, growing empire begun to carve a new era in history. Structure: The Empire follows a typical Zandalari hierarchy of power: Those of the mystical inclination are generally of higher status and power compared to the warriors of the Empire. Priests and Scholars are the core of the Empire and oversee the functioning of the the castes below them. Warriors are expected to be strong but those that are also smart are more likely to get rewarded and shifted into more useful positions of power. They are also expected to be religious as Loa worship is integral in everything that the Empire does. There are also workers of the Empire who see to general chores; farmers, fishers and craftsmen all have a role to play to ensure the functioning of the ever-growing numbers of trolls gathering within Zul'Gurub - many tasks are shared with the workers of the Gurubashi who remain within the walls after many of the Higher ranks left to follow Zul. Finally there are the Slaves. Few in number and with little to no rights - they are 'lessers' the Empire has captured and put to work as the worker numbers are currently low. Usually expendable and treated with disdain; extended survival is not expected. To disobey those of an above station is an offence punishable by torture, exile or death. ------------------------------- Out of Character The goal of Zandalari Empire is, first and foremost to provide a stable environment of quality Troll role-play, with a diverse mix of tribal life, Loa worship, combat, missions and voodoo. The guild focuses heavily on individual character growth of the trolls within our ranks and long-lasting, personal plots that will last for years where each troll has an opportunity to shine and work towards their goals. Both experienced and new roleplayers are more than welcome. For those with little knowledge on troll-lore or uncertain how to create a troll character, the guild is always willing to help. ------------------------------- The Facts Events We host around 3 events a week. Between the more random events such as hunts or other small missions this is often combination a of some of the following: Spear Training: Training sessions for the warriors of the Empire. Ranging from spars to missions, from weapontraining to improving strength and stamina, this event is open for all trolls who wish to develop their skills as a Spear of the Empire. Disciple Training: The partner event of Spear Training meant for those who focus on the mystical arts of voodoo: aspiring hexxers, menders, witchdoctors and others who wish to master the Loa’s gifts are advised to attend to these trainings regularly. The subject can differ each time: from learning how to cast spells as a group to more practical lessons such as salve making or tending to deadly venom bites. Loa Teaching: A lore exposition event, to teach both trolls and players about the religion of Trolls. At the beginning of each month, the trolls gather at Hethiss’ Rise to listen to a stories about the Loa. Temple Cleansing: Based on the Loa covered in the Loa Teaching, trolls have a full month to craft an offering. More often than not this events turns into a competition who can make the best offering and gives every troll a moment to shine or fail. Workshop: Every troll is free (and encouraged) to teach the others if there is something they are particulary good at. In workshops trolls teach and work together in an often casual setting. Maskmaking, warpaint, haruspicy, snake miliking and first aid – these are but examples of workshops held in the past. Legacy of the Zandalari: Heavy plotbased events, that progress from week to week, that give the players a big plot line that random role-play can be centered about. From curses to preparing wars, these are the events that influence the Empire most. ------------------------------- Important differences Zandalari Empire is a guild were long-lasting plots, character growth, Loa worship and everyday troll life are the main points of focus. Characters get plenty of opportunities to develop their abilities, but this is a growth, not a given. Most noticeable as compared to many guilds we take an unique approach to magic and physical powers. Voodoo is seen as a gift from the Loa, and is not be used in vain. The use of voodoo generally used within the guild is often very, very subtle and always results from rituals and prayers. Most in game spells are considered too powerful for the level of voodoo in the guild and therefore not played off, the shape shifting ability included. More information can be find on our FAQ page. Considering the guild is not aligned to Horde nor to Alliance and quite a few trolls could not go ‘undercover’ as Darkspear – like our Zandalari, Drakkari and Sandfury -our trolls stay far away from the bigger cities. Most casual RP therefore happens within Zul’Gurub and Northern Stranglethorn. ------------------------------- Recruitment and Applications: Anyone interested in joining the guild will need to register on our website and complete the application form under the 'recruitment' tab. There's various links and resources added to asssist in its creation. Everyone is encouraged to contact one of the officers (Seshmak, Dahti, Jahndo and Obaztal) in case there are any questions. A poorly-constructed form, or one lacking in vital information, may either result in a declination of said application or a request for it to be re-written before it shall be considered. After an application is accepted, a two-week trial period starts. It offers you the opportunity to find out whether you enjoy roleplaying with us. Simillarly, it allows us to see if you and your character fits the Zandalari Empire. ------------------------------- What else can we offer? Zandalari Empire isn't just a guild; it's a community! To allow for quick and easy communication in case information needs to reach the quickly (or just the casual chat!) we have formed a Skype group. We have 2 Tumblr accounts: one with artwork of our trolls, and an in character askblog where our members doodle the answers their trolls provide! For those who do not feel confident enough about their artistic talents, there are plenty of members who won't hesitate to scribble the answer for you. Our forum supports room for the posting of stories; both related and unrelated to World of Warcraft and hosts many lore articles about Trolls in general. Though some sections are still under construction there is quite a lot of data accessible by members of the public who simply seek more information.Seshmak135 1d
1d Nathanos Short Story: Dark Mirror Greetings, members of the Argent Dawn community! A new short story has been released, this time about the Blightcaller. I haven't read it yet, but for those that haven't learnt of it yet, here's the link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/dark-mirror Lets see what this has in store for us.Skrauhg70 1d
1d [Knights of the Ebon Blade] <Order of the Ebon Hold> ... Order of the Ebon Hold! The Order serves as a branch unit within the Ebon Blade, we are officially Knights of the Ebon Blade. With the new lore that came with Legion we will follow it and embrace the path the Ebon Blade have taken with our new ally. Goal: The goal of the guild is to provide a stable home for Death Knight roleplayers that follows the lore and seek long term commitment ingame. We seek to move around the different zones and actively take part in the progressing story the Ebon Blade is currently experiencing in Legion so Broken Shores will be a major zone for our roleplay. Base of Operation: Acherus: The Ebon Hold. We will use the Eastern Plagueland version so non-100's and less OOC people will be around but the Necropolis will be IC at Broken Isles. Argentarchives: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/188717? Work In Progress. Ranks With our rank system it will serve more as a role within the guild instead of actual position. The Ebon Blade shows quite some respect and equality between them. How to join us: Contact Whisper Angelus ingame. Newly risen Death Knight: A major change in Legion is that the Ebon Blade is now raising new Death Knights to serve the cause and we will accept this in the guild as well but we have some specific rules for those who take this option. Guild Rules: Knights of the Ebon Blade have a clear structure of uniforms which is why we will use uniforms. Our aim is to be a serious and well functioning Ebon Blade guild and we believe uniforms will be a useful aspect for the guild. I will update our guild rules over time. We will have strict rules which must be followed to ensure the quality in the guild. If you break the rules you will first get a warning and then you will be removed if you break one again. Guild Uniforms: Ebon Initiate: Initiates are newly risen and they will use the green quality set with robe and hood. They yet to prove themselves worthy the title of knight. Set: Ebon Knight: Knights will be using the blue quality set you obtain through the starting quest and commonly use at the new Acherus by the NPC's and used by the Ebon Knight troops available at Death Knight Order Hall. Set: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102979/knight-of-the-ebon-blade#modelviewer:10+0 Ebon Ravager: Ravagers will use the set dropping from Ulduar 25 and used by the NPC's at old Acherus and the Ebon Ravager troops at the Death Knight Order Hall. Set: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=113224/ebon-ravager#modelviewer:10+0 The thread will most likely be updated with more information and some editing here and there.Angelus44 1d
1d [Interest Check] Farstrider Gathering Hello Argent Dawn! I come to the forums today in an attempt to stir and hopefully help create some Farstrider RP. Being one of the most prominent military factions of the Blood elves, I believe it is important to maintain their presence in the community. Most would suggest a guild for this, but I aim to go at it from a different direction by creating an open event for all Farstrider RPers from various guilds to come together. With the Demonic invasion of Azeroth we see that the abilities of the Farstriders are valued once more, as they integrate themselves with the Unseen Path to battle against the Burning Legion in unison. This brings with it potential RP, with the Farstriders no doubt using their famous guerrilla tactics against the overwhelming forces of the Legion. My hope is to first of all create an environment in which us Farstrider/Ranger RPers can gather and get to know one another. This is not meant to be purely a social gathering in which they relax and drink, but instead one in which they discuss tactics and share knowledge. In turn, it is my hope that we build upon the connections made and launch joint operations into lands that are being invaded by the Legion. Ultimately working together to repel the Demonic invaders. The gathering will be held in either the Farstrider Retreat or the Farstrider Enclave. It would be made known to all Farstriders. Rangers who are not actively amongst the ranks of the Farstriders are still welcome to attend. The gathering will involve discussions, sharing of knowledge and working on tactics. The overall aim to give one another a greater knowledge of the enemy and in turn become better prepared. In character there would be no real host. At this meeting, Rangers will meet as equals. The day and place I suggest to start it all off would be: Sunday 30th of April – 20:00 RT (Farstrider Retreat) If this turns out to be a success, then other events can come out of this. As mentioned before, joint efforts against the Legion would be one example. On a final note, I hope people take this as it is, purely an attempt to help create RP. I strongly encourage any sort of feedback and any suggestions you might have. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully it has sparked some interest in you!Kilaran14 1d
1d What areas in WoW are unaccessible? Just as the title says really. There's so many awesome places in WoW to conduct events in but are there any that are lorewise unreachable? Is Alt-Draenor sealed off? Can we still reach Deepholm? What is the situation in the Firelands and can it be reached? Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated!Sierraphina5 1d
1d [A-RP] Dalaran Intelligence Background: ... Call of Duty: ... Hello everyone, I would like to present a guild concept which I will be starting up within the next few days. Dalaran Intelligence is an agency themed guild, oriented around magic associated RP. The task of this Agency is to conduct investigations and research, as well as counteract misuse of magic within Azeroth. The core idea is to have three internal sectors, which will be explained below. Investigation Division This sector consists of investigators, capable of handling magic related cases. These will be the eyes of the agency, constantly looking into matters that they asses as potential cases. The requirement for this role is that the character has good knowledge about magic as well as a mind for solving problems. Agents will be given cases which they will be responsible for and use any reasource the agency offers to solve them. Hence, these will be interacting with the other two sectors. Research Division The research sector will mainly be for experienced mages. This sector will conduct research on all manner of magic topics. Given the recents events, the Isles and the Legion have certainly opened a lot of new questions and possibilities in regard to Magic, which in turn need to be analyzed. Hence, there is quite a lot of room to pick a research topic and work with that. Parallel to their research, their task will also be to aid the agents with any analysis required within their field of expertise. Task Force Division The task force is the spear of the agency, responsible for executing field operations once such have been requested and approved. To be in the task force, one must be well acquainted with magic, have some combat experience and of course have a clean record in regard to magic. Guild Ranks Now, the guild ranks will be fairly simple at first. General ranks : Director (Head of the Agency, GM), Trial (Rank for new members for a short period.) Investigation Division ranks: Senior Agent, Agent. Research Division ranks: Senior Analyst , Analyst. Task Force ranks: Captain , Sergeant, Operative. Application Process I wanted to have a "Letter of Application" sort of thing. Basically, the interested individual would send in a summary which contains details what they want to work with as well as previous experiences. This would be followed by an IC interview. Alternatively, the agency can formally invite someone to an interview as well. There is a "Call of Duty" letter above, for any interested Kirin Tor character for example. Available Mechanics In addition to the above, so far I have two optional background mechanics in mind for the guild. I intend to slowly work on implementing them with time, however, I also intend to keep them optional. I know that there are people out there that like it nice and simple, which is quite alright. There will be no commitment to the systems. Rather, a player can try it and feel it, perhaps use it now and then rather than all the time. All ongoing things will be compatible for RP with or without the systems. One of them will be an economy system, aimed to serve as a reference sheet for what one earns depending on the job as well as some hints on costs for everyday things such as food. This will open a possibility for people to have a personal economy to RP around, if they so desire. Another thing that I am considering is a resource mechanic. The reason I feel this may be a good idea is that it will introduce a strategic approach to those who are involved in a case, as well as control the progression of a story line in a linear and predictable way. Basically, this system will regulate how much an agent/analyst can get done within a day and also hopefully introduce a more realistic progression curve. Furthermore, the system is designed to make sure that making use of other divisions is highly beneficial, making the guild functions as one entity. Finally, this system will also make story line creation easier and dynamic. Since there is a threshold of what can be done in a day, it will be easier to write longer cases for those who wish to create such. It will also reduce required DM efforts and instead allow the participants to dynamically effect the story. Of course, the above is a rough summary of both systems. While they will both be available at some point, they will not be a "must" for everyone. Rather, they are there to spice up the RP now and then for those who seek such. Archives It is also my hope that as the guild progresses, documentation will be added on the different investigations which will be archived and made accessible for the employees. Profiles, notes, conclusions etc... After some time, one may perhaps encounter a case which is related to an older case, and hence seek out and look up all documentation in regard to it. Furthermore, this also opens some interaction options between us and other players/guilds. I would love some feedback on the concept. Also, if anyone is interested feel free to express that here. Thank you! <3Ghostpepper61 1d
1d RP - H/N: Order of the Four Winds Order of the Four Winds - H/A guild AA Page: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/184729 WIP Guild master: Hoisho (Though may use another pandaren at some point in the future) I'm not in the game every hour of the day but will have battle net open more than not. Can be contacted to discuss this if interested by adding Jatavon#2488. Even if away, leave a message and I'll get back to you in due time. This is a temporary thing as I re-align my time schedule, should be fixed by early start of 2017. However, I and others, are working hard to make this work, have plans for events from within and outside of Pandaria that the Order can do to help protect Azeroth overall. Officers: Paw: Filled Cloud: Free Scroll: Free Balance: Free Concept: The Order of the Four Winds was brought about due to the increasing threats that have come to Pandaria's shore since the mists lifted only a few years ago. This is a continuation of various actions brought about to try and combat against a hostile world while maintaining the lifestyle, security and customs of the Pandaren people. As such, the amount of threats has grown to the point that it is no longer possible for the Shado Pan alone to be able to protect Pandaria effectively enough to bring about the formation of a order that would work together to support each other within Pandaria as well to establish alliances from other factions on Azeroth through either help military or by forming trade be that of useful items, intelligence or cultural aspects. To help build bridges with other races, the order has accepted that it is necessary to allow other races to join the order if they so wish, from those that they meet far from Pandaria lands to those that wish to help defend their new home if they had chosen to live there, away from the old feuds and wars. The only thing the Order asks is for those that join to not pick a side in the Horde versus the Alliance war. The Four Winds: The order is set into four groups, each will act independently but also collectively to help secure and protect their home and other interests far from home. Initiates (Students): Before any make it into one of the Four Winds, they will be trained in their chosen path by those in the various Wind groups. After such training has finished and they are ready to become a full member of that particular Order, they will take on a test to prove that they are ready. The Paw Order: This order brings strength, security and protection by offering a ground based force made up of various Pandaren factions to those that have come from Temples, Monasteries, towns and villages. Under the command of the Masters those within would train and fight against threats on the ground. Their duties would involve protection for other members of the Order, scouting, and guard duty, bodyguard duty among many other things within and outside of Pandaria. The Cloud Order: This order is like the Paw but they deal with threats that come from above the ground and would train those to fight on Wind Serpents and any other flying mounts to help maintain protection over the skies. But also this order would also protect the waters around Pandaria by boat. Expect training from air and sea as well as events that lead the order to go from Pandaria and back by sea if necessary as well as to protect the shores of the continent if a threat comes via the water or by air. As such this Order would help move goods back and forth to other ports in Azeroth. The Scroll Order: This order helps to keep the Order running by investigating clues, researching threats to Pandaria, to help negotiate trade deals and alliances with other factions. They are also those that would help create trade to sell and buy goods that the Order needs to perform their tasks from other factions in Pandaria and beyond. As such this order would have volunteers that have joined and still are civilian, so cooks, farmers, innkeepers, blacksmiths, tailors, storytellers are found within this order. Expect to learn how to write in Mogu, translate many different racial tablets, scrolls, books and investigate artefacts from around the world including travel to other places to help secure things that the Order needs from other factions around the world. This order works alongside the Scales Order The Scales (Balance) Order: (Right now edging towards balance, unsure right now) This order is in charge of keeping balance within the Order itself, whether you are Tushui or Huojin, Pandaren or another species. This order is in charge of spiritual matters as well as maintaining the customs of Pandaren life. This also includes guidance to other members of the Order and to help with matters of explaining protocol with the Scroll Order in matters of negotiations. The Wind Council: (Officers only) Each Order has their own leaders that help to maintain the Order business that they have been tasked with. To help keep the Order knowing what its right paw is doing while it informs what its left paw has done. The Wind Council meets every month or sooner if it has been called for to discuss matters of concern, what matters need to be address and if need be to sit and address a guest from outside of the Order that wishes to open up any form of business, negotiations with the Order itself. The Wind Council other duties include trials if and when that is needed, to witnessing trialists to be promoted or if necessary to be demoted. These meetings will be IC and witnessed by all in the Order who wish to turn up and listen into the discussion. It will also be OOC to help discuss matters, share ideas, have any concerns, what needs changing, that sort of thing. Also to help arrange help for members, any events in the guild and/or events to volunteer for by other guilds as well as server campaigns that comes up from time to time. OOC duties: Since this is an Officer rank. Those within this rank are responsible to help those within the Order that they have specified being in control of by offering to make events, help those members in each other to make events of their own, to help promote the guild by creating events that would involve other guilds and non-guilded role-players within and outside of Pandaria. Grand Master: The Head of the Four Orders who helps to maintain them with help from the other leaders of the respected four orders. He or she will help to give guidance, call for a council meeting or in dire need such as the order is in danger, take temporary charge of the order until such a time that it is safe to hold such a meeting. OOC duties: To help guide members and officers within the guild if and when needed to. To help create events and to help those that have an idea for an event. To promote the guild in a positive light. To arrange the guild to become part of various events around the server, whether run by other people or by the guild itself. Finally I want to not make the same mistakes so communication is a must to ensure that any issues that do come up are discussed in a prompt and friendly manner so that any issues are dealt with. This is the most important part from member to officer, member to GM, officer to GM and of course GM to Officer and/or member of the guild. Q & A's: Why multi-racial? ... And the mission is what again? ... Any thoughts, comments are appreciated.Shoazaze42 1d
1d [Campaign] Return of the Empire - Scheduling Scheming We're starting the FULL campaign on the 12th of April now, with the run-up beginning from the 3rd of March. Thank you everyone for being patient and staying on board. UPDATE ... ...Jaí174 1d
1d Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn continued! Keep posting your kills here and i'll updated them on the sticky, like a boss. The list is updated as of now.Legebril339 1d
2d [A-RP] <Surwich Village> [IC] A caravan of volunteers left Stormwind for the old village of Surwich, hoping to restore it to its former glory. Banded together, men and women of all walks of life seek to make it their home as they find themselves becoming one extended family of its own. Perhaps their hope was in vain, but it was enough for passion in the war-torn land. Enough passion to move them away from the bustling city and to try and live a normal life once more, even with everything going on away. Would the peace last? Would they ever repair the village? [OOC] Concept Surwich Village is the opportunity to bring life to the simple existence of a band of villagers. Despite the heroes fighting the Horde and the Legion, those at home still have their duties. From rebuilding what remains of Surwich, the community will grow close and grow in size. The focus in the villagers allows for great character progression living the simply life, everyone getting an opportunity in the spotlight. Ranks The ranking system is incredibly simple, for its starting place in the guild. OOCly, one could say all ranks are on an equal level, really. Every rank is on an equal level OOC, and even townsfolk can greatly contribute to help the guild. Officer ranks are identical to these, but marked with an asterisk (*), so that IC and OOC status are by all means separate: Guildmaster OOC rank for the Guildmaster. Storyteller OOC rank for officers that focus on events and storylines. Village Council Long-standing members of the community who band together to represent the entire community. One of these is the elected mayor of Surwich. They still all have other duties in the village, and aren't too different from them other than the closeness they may have with direct changes. Villager The bulk of the guild. It's a very broad rank OOC, but is much more diverse ICly, with traders, servants, blacksmiths, etc. alike. Everyone that fits into the society and isn't one of the other positions, really. Trial This is the rank people will have when they join our guild and want to RP with us, it's basically to see if you're capable to keep up with our RP. In the first weeks it's important to come and attend events, if you fail to do so you will be demoted to OOC, and be placed under the "New recruits" tag. OOC An Out of Character rank. For new recruits, alts, etc.Ezurel15 2d