Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
19 Aug 2017 Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859137676 and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua71 19 Aug 2017
25 Jun History of Argent Dawn Updated May 28th 2017, 04:02 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#1 2005 - post 2 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#2 2006 - post 4 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#4 2007 - post 5 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#5 2008 - post 6 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#6 2009 - post 8 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#8 2010 - post 9 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#9 2011 - post 10 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#10 2012 - post 11 & 12 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#11 2013 - post 13 & 14 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#13 2014 - post 15 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#15 2015 - post 17 & 18 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#17 2016 - post 19 & 20 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#19Shevron285 25 Jun
6d Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the battle.net forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz486 6d
06 Nov Roleplaying Guild Map Hello Argent Dawn. I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way. As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track. So what is this? This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see. The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds. Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red. How do i create / manage my guild? Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time. Why are you making this? As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood. I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out. Do i need to make an account to see / use this? The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots. The email usually ends up in junkmail. If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account. I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454) Link the website: https://www.glaive-star.com Much love <3Adriloth89 06 Nov
31 Oct Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn Considering Legebril is ending his maintenance on the raiding progression thread, I thought I'd continue to do it. I will also continue to work with the old format because it's a nice format. If your guild isn't in yet, please do give a shout by mentioning your progress on this thread! Old link with tiers prior to Legion: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6200811339 ... ... Mythic 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Normal/Heroic -Brutus105 31 Oct
30 Oct Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Dawnmantle (Research, artifact hunting, pro Quel'Thalas/Horde) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Silvermoon Guard Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Crimson Caravan (Trading company / Horde auxiliary force) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Dark Eye Clan (outcast clan trying to survive) Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Order of the Raven Blood (independent order, adventurers) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Sacrilegious School (Occultism, outcasts, spellweaver criminals) Shadowmoon Pact (New Horde clan, welcoming warlocks and demon hunters too) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers. Strictly business.) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) The Valiant Accord (Adventurers and mercenaries against the Legion) Valiant Blade (Mercenaries on the Broken Isles) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Fel Hunt (Illidari) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Elvhenan (Military, assistance force) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Evenhold (Knights, refugees. Not taking evil classes. Lordaeron races only) Keepers of the Drassili (Protection of nature, races beyond Nelf also welcome) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Knights of the Isle (Knightly order) Highwave Irregulars (Kul Tirasian naval military/trade, not directly Alliance) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Northmist Company (Alliance, but close connection to the Argent Dawn) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Silver Archaeology Co (Explorer's League organisation) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Ace Platoon (Alliance Elite homeguard) The Chapter of Embers (Human, Dwarf, Worgen - holy order, military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Seventh Penal Company (Penal military) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Penal military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Bronzebrew Company (Trade) The Crooked Peace (Criminal) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Outblades (Relic hunters, mercenaries, thieves) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Ivorystar Academy (Mage school, Kirin Tor aligned) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) The Silver Charge (Silver Hand knights and some allies) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) The Synaari Pact (Freeform) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone198 30 Oct
20 Jul Agtherian's Arcane Addendum - Beginner Arcane RP Guide! ... Hello, Argent Dawn! I previously made a guide on Arcane magic. It covered Arcane well enough but it was in dire need of touching up. The lore has since changed and rather than bump a dead thread, I figured I'd make a new one. I'm creating this guide to help people determine what the Arcane is, what it can do, and if it'd be fun to roleplay. There are a fair few people who are interested in roleplaying with the Arcane but don't really understand it, so this is more aimed at them. Saying that, the first section is less about roleplay and more about the lore of the Arcane. If you believe yourself to have a good grasp, you can skip it. But I'd advise rereading it to make sure that you're up to snuff with recent changes made to the lore. With that, let's begin at the basics. Contents 1 - Arcane and It's origins1.1 - Arcane and Azeroth 1.2 - Arcane and Mana 2 - Arcane and It's Laws2.1 - Arcane and Weaving Spells 2.2 - Arcane and The Schools 3 - Arcane and It's Application3.1 - Arcane and Power 3.2 Arcane and Everyone Else 4 - Arcane Afterthoughts-Sources 1. Arcane and It's OriginsTo understand where the Arcane comes from, you first need to know how the universe works. Azeroth, the world your Mage will most probably inhabit, is just another speck of dirt in a vast universe. It adheres to the same rules everywhere else does. Those rules are governed by six cosmic forces; Light, Shadow, Life, Death, Order and Disorder. Arcane derives from the forces of Order. That is to say, the power of the Arcane comes from wielding it with precision and disciplined concentration. Fel, the antithesis of Arcane and it's opposite, derives from Disorder. These two were born from the forces of Light and Shadow clashing, the chaotic mashing of the two forces forming the universe as we know it. With the creation of the universe came the eventual birth of the race, the Titans. These creatures roamed the universe, composed of primordial matter and arcane power. The very embodiment of Order, they could reshape worlds and quell raging spirits all across the universe.. They were born as world-souls, their goal to help other world-souls reach a state of maturity where they could travel the cosmos. They eventually happened upon Azeroth. 1.1 Arcane and AzerothThis is the world that is home to many different races and many different magics. It's also a Titan in a world-shaped egg but for now we'll continue to focus on the Arcane and how the two are tied. When the Titans arrived at Azeroth, they noticed malefic creatures attached to it. These cancerous lifeforms currently embedding themselves into Azeroth were Old Gods. Their one purpose is to corrupt the sleeping world-soul. Realising what a threat these Old Gods posed, a Titan reached down to the surface and tore an Old God from the world. In doing so, the Titan ripped open a wound on Azeroth and it's arcane life essence began to flow forth. The Titan's, in a bid to close the wound, created the Well of Eternity via wards which allowed the wound to settle, giving it balance and allowing it's power to seep into the world. 1.2 Arcane and ManaI will gloss over the majority of the story that led to the Well's destruction. It's stuff your Mage can research in-character and only important for the sake of knowing a major event. A race of trolls lived besides the Well after it's creation, and they eventually became what we call the Kaldorei (Night Elves) and after another few millennia they nearly reached levels of power that could rival the Titans, all thanks to the Arcane. They were domineering with their control of magic, going so far as to arrange marriages to strengthen their bloodlines with potent mages. (As a side-note, this does in fact imply that an affinity for the Arcane is hereditary, but as proven by many characters in lore, not required to be powerful. Your mage can come from nothing or be born from a long lineage of magi.) Eventually their indulgent use of the Arcane drew in forces from beyond Azeroth and caused an unprecedented invasion unlike anything seen by a mortal race yet. The resulting war led to the Well of Eternity's destruction and in aftermath of the Well's implosion, sundered the world. Quick Disclaimer: This brief section is a combination of both lore and speculation. I'll try to keep it clear which is which, but both use lore as their basis. Mana is the fuel for your Mage's spells, so here is some minor information on what a Mage uses. Lore: Mana is essentially a secondary form of stamina. The more of it you expend, the more drained you'll be. The character will become sluggish and visibly tired and spells cannot be maintained indefinitely. If your Mage is somehow reliant on mana to sustain themselves (in the form of spells) and they are drained of it, they may die. These are extreme cases. Speculation: Mana is naturally generated from the cosmic forces of the universe (Light/Shadow/Order etc) converging onto one point and forming a extremely large vortice of mana. This allows people to tap into this force and use it to turn Mana into the Arcane. The best metaphor to use is to compare Mana to water and the Arcane to steam. Your Mage is just forcing a "chemical" reaction. End of speculation. 2. Arcane and It's Laws Now that we have some understanding of where the magic comes from and how you bring it into being, these is one more step before you even consider what race, schools, or personality you decide for your mage. The four laws. Every practitioner of the Arcane will adhere to these laws. These are not enforced laws, but they are fundamental to the beliefs of Arcane's use and define it. ... These are the rules given by every Mage trainer to beginners in a letter. These are meant as a warning. If your mage chooses to ignore these warnings, they will set themselves on a road to either glory or downfall. If your Mage outright chooses not to believe in these laws, that's fine too. But they'd possibly far more destructive and irresponsible with their use of magic, causing them to draw the unwanted attention of others. There is a fifth law, The Law of Sympathy, but this one is not a warning. Although if your character is cowardly enough, they may take it into consideration. When someone handles an item, they leave a part of their magical aura attached to it. When a person continues to use the same item over and over, the stronger their 'sympathy' to the item becomes. As everyone has a unique aura, this means the item with traces of the aura can actually be tracked. Articles of clothing, written books, locks of hair, these can all be traced back to Mages who use them over and over. 2.1 Arcane and Weaving Spells Now we get into the good stuff, casting arcane magic. There are many different examples of different ways to cast magic. Some spells use grand hand gestures, some use verbal components in a language many do not understand, others rely on reagents along with carved runic patterns. Whatever your character chooses to use, even if it's a combination of all of the above, it needs to be used in some form to cast a spell. This is what makes a mage so versatile. Even if they're bound and gagged, with a wiggle of their fingers they can free themselves easily out of conventional bindings. If a mage is Silenced, a magical affliction through curse or spell, they will not be able to use any form of magic. There are many prisons and bindings that sever a mage from their connection to the Arcane. It will then fall to you to use your quick wits to get out of that situation quickly. Even if your Mage is not an alchemist, they can create a gem to tap into and recover some of their spent mana to keep soldiering on. These are mainly used for Mages who have run out of mana and are in a pinch, such as the middle of combat or to prevent someone draining the entirety of their reserves. That does not mean your Mage has to be a combatant though. There are many aspects which can be explored which allows them to avoid combat entirely. The potency is always there. If you're stuck for examples of magic to use in roleplay, simply look to your action bar. Think about how hard the spell would be for your character to use. An apprentice would not be able to make himself invisible instantly, but an archmage would have no issues.Agtherian66 20 Jul
5d Give the above poster a compliment! You heard it. With all the negativity swirling around on this realm, I figured that some ego boosts would help. So come one, come all and give the above poster a compliment! Whether it be on their transmog, their name, their kindness or even the fact that they've picked the correct race! (gnome) Nothing is out of the table - as long as it's a compliment then it's game.Hobbs76 5d
5d [H-RP/WorkWork] oRGriMMaR PEON uNIoN ... Though simplistic and primitive in nature, the peon is the true hero of the Horde. In times past, he has dutifully served the Horde above and beyond the call of duty, be it to mine gold, collect lumber, or build buildings. The peon is not only the economic but also the functional backbone of the Horde. Without the peon there would be no Horde. In aeons past, peons have secured victory for the Horde by supporting entire war efforts, be it through building the headquarters, the pig farm, the peon bunker, the lumber mill, the barracks, the beast den, the voodoo hut, the tauren totem, repairing catapults or even raising the legendary Altar of the Storms, the peon is indubitably the most heroic personality of the Horde. To tell you a little about our guild, though: We are the Orgrimmar Peon Union. Established by the smarter-than-average Gonk the Peon (affectionately dubbed Peonchief by precisely one sentient being throughout the entire existance - and by extension timelines - of Azeroth) we strive to provide our fellow peons with tools, social downtime, character development and basic peon worker rights (once we've understood what those words even mean) Essentially, the guild exists for 'funsies' but despite this it is inhabited by veteran roleplayers who are RP instigators by nature and harbor the clear intent of providing the Horde with the most quality mostly-stupid-but-sometimes-smart peon RP possible. As a rule, we are generally open to RP-PvE as well as RP-PvP collaboration but ask proposers of such to consider that the venues of their campaigns be accessible to level 1s as most peon RPers prefer to embrace the immersive RP aspect of the strong yet perfectly attackable and easily killable peon. Despite the simple concept of a peon, we recommend that undertakers of this role generally be experienced roleplayers with clear intent and goal-oriented character development habits, as we will provide no events whatsoever, but rather plentiful creative RP through organic means. If you have read this far, I kindly thank you for your attention span. Should you, reader, be interested in joining the Orgrimmar Peon Union, please leave a note here or forward an ingame letter to Juniorpeon, Domp or Thurd. An Argent Archives page will follow as soon as the Argent Archives staff endavours to take our profile applications seriously. Dutiful regards, -Gonk -Domp -ThurdThurd58 5d
5d Pet Peeve #37: With a License to Peeve Just going to re-highlight this https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624423660?page=2#post-29 cuz its so dumbErhardt106 5d
5d Fishbone Marauders - The cursed scallywags! "Oh, the seas... Is there a better feeling than the ocean breeze gently caressing your hair and the waves carrying you on? Any sailor will know this feeling but let me ask you this: Have you ever felt loving caress turning into the roughest of plays, the waves threatening to crush the very bones in your body? The seas can be home to no soul, water too salted to drink and every journey finds its end but there are those that are doomed eternally, the soulless never finding journey's end... Join me, friends on this here tale, of the Fishbone Marauders!"" "This is the story of a man. A man that lost everything he held dear and was yet far from despair. A man driven by a drive stronger than life itself… This is the story of a crew. A crew that couldn't have been more different and yet bonded together for a purpose far removed. This is the story of a curse... A blight to rob the very soul."..."It seemed an eternity ago that the Nagaslayer left the harbor of Boralus and noble cause of ridding the endless oceans of its terrors turned into heinous piracy for the mere sake of keeping heads above the waves. It was a different life... Barely a thing remained now of the crew that once was. As whatever they may have sailed into the mists, their return was as altered beings. Terrors upon the waves, what cruel fate for those that only sought to rid the seas of such forever..."..."Now more reason to bond than ever before the Fishbone Marauders looked at each other. What remained of hair was soaked in saltwater, what remained of their bodies was but swollen meat and soggy bones, yet a fire kept glowing in those eyes, like a lighthouse on distant shore. The crew would be forever chained by common curse..." ..............................Yarrharr23 5d
5d [Troll RP] Shadow of the Empires Website: www.shadowoftheempires.com Argent Archives page: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/211390 Founded in and active since 2013, the guild was originally named 'Zandalari Empire' after the Zandalari's efforts to reunite the trolltribes. With the release of BfA in 2018 and the meaning of the Empire in this expansion, we found this name to be no longer suiting, and are now known as Shadow of the Empires! We are still a troll-only for trolls from all tribes. We to aim explore the diverse, rich and sometimes clashing cultures and beliefs of those who are left of the great troll empires, providing an alternative for following the Dark Prophet Zul, the blasphemous traitor who treats the divine, sacred Loa as aids for his grab at power. Concept wise little changed for us, but revamping the websites might take some time – our apologies if you find any outdated material, the old guildname or dead links – we’re working on it! Both this thread and our website might contain (mild) BfA spoilers. ------------------------------- What is Shadow of the Empires? Shadow of the Empires was formed by those who believe in the dream of seeing the trolltribes united once more, and wished to offer an alternative future to trolls who did not wish to join the legion of the Prophet Zul. They took residence within the walls of Zul'Gurub and began amassing trolls to the sacred city. They came from far and wide; remnants of dying tribes, those disillusioned by their leadership and survivors of the losses that took place on Pandaria. Remnants of the once great empires began to grow and flourish, worship of the Loa central to the lives of all within the city. Their numbers are ever-growing as Zul makes more and more mistakes and the values of those who live under the Horde are threatened by their new leadership. Devout trolls flock to the Jewel of the Jungle and the steadfast servants of the Loa carve a new era in history. ------------------------------- OOC Goal The guild has been active without hiatus since 2013 and above everything we wish to continue to provide a stable and active environment of non-horde aligned troll roleplay with a diverse mix of tribal life, Loa worship, combat, missions and voodoo! The guild focuses heavily on individual character growth of the trolls within our ranks and long-lasting, personal plots where each troll has an opportunity to shine and work towards their goals. Both experienced and new roleplayers or those new to troll lore are more than welcome. ------------------------------- Ranks Shadow of the Empires follows a general Zandalari hierarchy of power. The system is not as merciless as the caste system we see in Zandalar, however. Prioritizing the many Loa of the different tribes that risk being forgotten with dwindling numbers of trollkind, trolls are encouraged to grow to their full potential, no matter their previous experience or past. Mystics. Those of the mystical inclination are generally of higher status and power compared to the warriors. Priests and Scholars are the core of the tribes and oversee the functioning of those below them. Spears. Warriors are expected to be strong and defend those who cannot defend themselves. This does not mean, however, that warriors are not expected to be religious – Loa worship is an integral part of every aspect of troll culture. Tribestrolls. These are the farmers, fishers and craftsmen - all have a role to play to ensure the functioning of the ever-growing numbers of trolls gathering within Zul'Gurub. We have a detailed ranksytem for the different paths both Mystics and Spears can take. The page is currently offline as it is being revamped with a few new lore titbits and classes we’ve seen in BfA, and will be up before the end of the month! ------------------------------- Events We host around 3 events a week. Events are often a combination of plotlines, training sessions and Loa-themed evenings. Bigger campaigns that last a few weeks are held twice a year. A few examples: Spear Training: Training sessions for the warriors of the Empire. Ranging from spars to missions, from weapon training to improving strength and stamina, this event is open for all trolls who wish to develop their skills as a Spear. Mystic Training: The partner event of Spear Training meant for those who focus on the mystical arts of voodoo: aspiring hexxers, menders, witchdoctors and others who wish to master the Loa’s gifts are advised to attend to these trainings regularly. The subject can differ each time: from learning how to cast spells as a group to more practical lessons such as salve making or tending to deadly venom bites. Loa teaching and offerings: A lore exposition event, to teach both trolls and players about the religion of Trolls. At the beginning of each month, the trolls gather at Hir’eek’s Rise to listen to a stories about the Loa. Based on the Loa covered in the teachings, trolls have a full month to prepare a sacrifice or offering. More often than not these events turn into a competitions who can make the best offering and gives every troll a moment to shine or fail. Legacy of the Empires: Heavy plotbased events, that progress from week to week, that give the players a big plot line that random role-play can be centred around. From curses to preparing wars, these are the events that influence the tribes the most. ------------------------------- FAQ Which tribes and races are accepted? We accept trolls from almost every tribe seen in WoW; Zandalari, Ice Trolls, Forest Trolls, Jungle Trolls and Sand Trolls. The full list including subtribes can be found on the FAQ on our website. We do not accept: - Non-trolls. We are first and foremost a troll only guild – other races can only joins as OOC alts; - Half breeds, trolls from made-up tribes and tribes only mentioned in the RPG books; - Blood Trolls, Dark Trolls and Drakkari. [SPOILERWARNING] Both Dark Trolls and Drakkari are confirmed to be close to extinction in Battle for Azeroth. The guild has never allowed Dark Trolls, but you will find a (very small) number of Drakkari within our ranks. These trolls have roleplayed deserters of Zul's army during MoP or have otherwise joined us during a time where it was still safe to assume some Drakkari roamed the world. We do not want to force people to retcon or delete characters they have developed over years, at the same time we wish to stay as close to lore as possible and reflect the tribe's rarity in roleplay. New Drakkari applications are therefore declined. [/SPOILERWARNING] Do you roleplay on Horde territory or in Horde campaigns? No. Roleplay takes currently place in Zul'Gurub and its surrounding jungles unless the plot of the guild requires us elsewhere. Playing non-horde aligned trolls with us comes with roleplay on neutral territory only, and we wish for new applicants to take this into account before joining us! Most of the tribes are sworn enemies of the Horde and the trolls from horde-aligned tribes that are with us are often branded traitors by their original tribe. Roleplay plots might send one or two trolls hailing from Horde-aligned tribes to Horde territory, but this is an exception, not a rule. ------------------------------- Recruitment and Applications: You can join the guild by filling in the application form on our website. If you have any questions or wish to brainstorm concepts with us, do not hesitate to contact one of our officers ingame! (Azuak, Dahti, Thallow, Zelujin) After an application is accepted, a two-week trial period starts. It offers you the opportunity to find out whether you enjoy roleplaying with us. Similarly, it allows us to see if you and your character fits Shadow of the Empires. After the trial period you will be invited to our Discord and are a full-fledged member of the guild!Seshmak27 5d
5d Winter's Veil Wishlist: Year 6? Recent traditions have found it's way to celebrate these holiday's a month sometimes more than they normally are meant to be celebrated. So here is me following that tradition blindly with an early Winter's Veil Wishlist. Jokes aside, I figured putting this out a month earlier than December might help us better prepare those gifts we want to share with another for the coming month be in the shape of pets, mounts, gold, boosts, art, roleplay and so on. I believe this was originally started by Shiverton (correct me if I'm wrong!), here's quote by him surrounding the idea behind the wish list: Thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12989929195 ... I've no list personally but surprises are always welcome, I'll be keeping an eye out for what others want and if I'm capable to contribute towards it I will do so. Furthermore much like last year, I may just well be handing out random wrapped gifts on both Ercia (A) and Fuse (H).Ercia55 5d
5d Would you rather.. Fight a horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses? And explain why / how And no, there's no point to these threads.Ragecast23 5d
5d Dragon rp I remember there being a dragon rp community back in the later days of wod. I also remember it becoming almost 100% alliance based. Just out of curiosity, is there still a dragon rp community here on argent dawn?Abasoa39 5d
5d The Sun Hawks: Five Years on... Original Thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9051735720 The Commandant stood before the podium in the ‘fliers mess’.  He looked outside, through the window, blazing sunshine “It should have been raining”, he thought.  He leant on his cane for a moment, a relic of the Redridge conflict and sternly looked over the elves before him.  Like most veteran fliers his gaze was predatory, searching.  Not quite…’elven’. He looked to his side, where Lieutenant Emberfury stood, her one blank eye staring blindly into the darkness, her other turned on him, she nodded slowly. He started, his voice booming, bombastic even. “Four years almost to this day ago, I was accorded a singular honour.  To command a Wing of Fliers, the First Escadrille of Quel’danas, known as the Sun Hawks.  It was not easy, our people were sorely tired of war, sorely tested, and yet, I would say, never bested.  They came, from the noble homesteads, from the farmers pastures, from the bazaar, from, aye, even the gutters and the slums.  They came with one thing, one defining thing!” He rapped on the lectern. “They came here looking at the skies and dreaming of being eagles” He huffed in a breath and sighed through his nose “Those noble elves are now mostly dead, dead or retired, you will see their names engraved on The Wall.” “None regrets their loss more than I, save obviously their families, but for the defence of a nation, patriots are needed, Solid resolve and firm determination to stand against -any- invader, and say “No! This is Mine! Not Yours!” and with fire and spear and spellcraft to repel them, to remind them that the sons and daughters of Quel’thalas do not, and have never, went quietly into combat, but with Fire and Fury!” His exclamation roused a cheer from the Rookies.  He glared at them, as if they had come into his home and urinated on his rug. “You have not earned the right, to acclaim others deeds.  You will...oh you will, with your battle brothers and sisters, the Dragonhawks we ride to battle, you will assuredly do great deeds together to the utmost advantage of our nation, and then!  Then will your names ring out upon the streets, your deeds be spoken on in taverns, your ‘Ace’ names be spoken of in corners and nooks like household names, familiar and common on every tongue.  “I Flew, alongside ‘Flicker’ they will say, or tell tales of how with ‘Bandit’ they downed a foe, or how with ‘Magni’ they both downed an enemy.   These tales you will tell to your advantage,  and you will do so when you have earned the right to do so. Until then, you will be so observant, learn and be tutored by those savage and skilled in the air, remember always our creed” He raised his spear. “Only the Brave inherit the Skies!” “Only the Brave” the returning chorus. OOC The idea of the Sun Hawks is to establish a kind of World war I fighter squadron vibe.  The Wing Commander, Brigante, is obviously the boss, but he sees himself as a ‘first amongst equals’  On Informal affairs, he is not immune to the joshing and joking of the unit. Advancement: Advancement actually happens in three ways. Formal promotion. Becoming an Ace Getting Medals’Gongs’. The Ranks are simple. A ‘Rookie’ is probationary Rank.  You screw up, you’re binned. Hawk: Once a Rookie is deemed worthy they will be asked to sign the papers and become a Hawk.  This is full membership, it also means you can become an Ace These are what are sometimes referred to as ‘Enlisted’ Fliers.  As in, they’re on a list. Next up is Subalterns ( To those with a military background, don’t overthink this, just think NCO) Scout Hawk: Generally the most common ‘field’ rank. Closest to Corporal in most armies.  This is the first rank that has command authority ( Hawks cannot give Rookies orders) Generally chosen from the ranks, for skill or expertise, or simply sometimes for being the sort of person who -could- give orders. War Hawk: A Much much rarer Field Rank, easiest to think of ‘Sergeants’.  A War Hawk is a rare beast, there is one per Escadrille ( Squadron)  and they report directly to the Wing Commander.  They are  sterner, but also skilled to look out for those who could become Scout Hawks.  They walk a knife edge, they are on the brink of either failure, or falling to hubris. Blood Hawk:  An almost mythical beast, there are but three Blood Hawks at any time.  They answer only, and interestingly, -only- to the Lieutenant, and not the Wing Commander. They are stern beyond belief, and are sources of fear to all right thinking fliers.(Think Regimental Sergeant Major).  To most of them, this is the apotheosis of their career, and so they do not give a tinker’s cuss about offending people, such can regularly be observed. Those are Subalterns. Officers. Lieutenant:  If the Wing Commander is God, the Lieutenant is his Prophet.  They are an Officer, and as such, a  signature either from Anastarien or Kael’thas, or Lor’themar Theron will have endorsed their promotion.  They will likely not have met such a notary, but by thunder, they have been ordained as such by them, which means their word is law.  A Lieutenant is an Officer, the second highest ranking, so can absolutely give commands and dish out punishments should they not be obeyed. To refuse an Officer a rightful order is an act of Treason, for it is acting against the authorithy that invested them. Wing Commander: The Boss. Again an Officer, and likely ordained by one of three notaries.  The Wing Commander is of sufficient rank that they can dole out Capital Punishment. To question their orders is fine, under unit regulations, to refuse them if explained, likewise counts as Treason. They are however, to all intents and purposes. The Boss. 2.’Becoming an Ace’ You do that after meeting two criteria. 1.Making Hawk Rank 2. Getting Ten air to air Kills Ace gives you certain prestige rights.  You can use other Ace’s names, even Officers.  That sounds silly, but in a social environment it becomes all the more telling, who is an Ace and who is not. You also get a Tankard, with your ‘Ace’ name engraved on it.  This is generally a great source of hilarity to your fellow fliers, as ‘Ace’ names tend to be slightly mocking…. 3.Gongs! Aka Medals. We have several. The Phoenix Banner in Bronze/Silver/Gold The Wounded Skies award ( Think the purple Heart) The Order of the Red Banner ( a contentious one, a medal awarded to those who have served the Horde but not necessarily the Sin’dorei) The Silver Star of Anasterian: A Medal for -extreme- heroism The Golden Sun of Dath’remar: A medal given in the most extreme of circumstances, Only once before to a living reciprocant. OOC rules: 1. No Public ERP or Torture 2 .No Griefing Events on -Either- side. 3. Keep Gchat civil 4.No OOC Drama 5. No bad mouthing other guilds in Gchat, we all have alts. 6. After a month of inactivity you will be demoted to OOC or removed from the guild depending on how your activity's been.   7. Please note that we don't use OOC in /s /e /y. When correcting typos you should use /g or /i.(edited) Pretty much it...Brigante154 5d
5d [Campaign] [RP-PVP] Strike at the Heart 14.11.2018 [WARNING: SPOILERS FOR PATCH 8.1. AHEAD, IF YOU WISH TO AVOID THEM, PLEASE STOP READING HERE, THANK YOU] ... ... ... ... ... Greetings, fellow Argent Dawners. Patch 8.1. will bring us another important event for the World of Warcraft, namely – Siege of Zuldazar (now renamed to Assault on Dazar'alor IIRC?). I wish to capitalize on this opportunity in a RP-PVP campaign, devoted to this event. From what I’ve gathered on the available information regarding patch 8.1, the Alliance attack the region of Zuldazar using diversions and then delivering a lightning strike to the Great Seal, the Capital of the Zandalari Empire. The campaign will revolve around these events. The outcome of the campaign is scripted, and the outcome results in Alliance victory, with them killing King Rastakhan, destroying approximately half the Zandalari fleet and reclaiming the Abyssal Scepter (However the actual results of the campaign will be left ambiguous enough, so as to not invoke people from going "oh this did not happen"). Alliance player characters however will not participate in the actual attack on the Great Seal, and neither will Horde player characters defend the Great Seal. The campaign instead will be structured around battles of the Alliance diversionary forces with the Horde’s troops sent to various regions of Zandalar. I am not a proponent of long, drawn-out campaigns, and the whole Siege of Zuldazar is a fast-paced battle, so the campaign will last for 5 days only. Structure is as follows: ... RP-PVP rules: ... To sign up for the event, please leave your reply in the thread with a filled-in template: ... Possible campaign concerns and my solutions to them: ... ... W.I.P: What this campaign needs still: brave and selfless volunteers from the Alliance and the Horde to assist me with running the campaign. Additionally, I’d very much like if I have volunteers to form an anti-ganking squad. About 5 or so people, since these things can always run amok. Discord server + community for Cross RP will be launched closer to the campaign’s start. Maps of the regions will be provided soon.Styrros166 5d
5d [H/RP] Hand of Conquest https://i.imgur.com/QZ3Iclw.jpg ... ... ... Hello gamers, The <Hand of Conquest> is recruiting! This guild has a very standard concept - a "Kalimdor Horde" military group with a very loose uniform that I hope will portray team red's traditional grunts et al in a cool way -- disciplined and uniform but definitely rough around the edges compared to their human/forsaken/elf counterparts We will be running on a mix of DM'd plots, RP-PVP (both restricted and otherwise) and casual RP and will probably be travelling a lot depending on where our story takes us In terms of recruitment we're aiming for the Orc/Troll/Tauren/Goblin/Pandaren crowd - the guild's theme is very heavily set on the Orgimmar Grunt aesthetic. Other races will have a very hard time joining up. The guild has a very light-weight uniform -- you will have to wear the Grunt's shoulderpads (from WoD) and an Orgrimmar tabard. You can contact Pullo/Lorkus/Battlebrave/Apawi if you're interested OK that's about it catch you on the flip side / hope to see you in-gameSeadog163 5d
5d [A-H Pirate RP] The Second High Parley Date: 29th to 31st November Time: 20:00 Realm Time Location: Tol Barad, Rustberg Village Hosts: Gustov (OOC), Iahareth (Black Jack), Fuse (Kathrine Fiske) ... OOC: Purpose: The High Parley is a means for pirates and other dubious sailors to gather and discuss varying matters under the protection of the Parley’s code and sailor’s honour. It is here that the captains and their crews discuss possible cooperation and treaties. Furthermore, with The Crimson Compass campaign coming the month after, there’ll be context and motive provided to all the not-so-legally-inclined sailors to throw their lot in The Desolace to get a hand on that sweet, sweet treasure. In the last High Parley a handful of SI:7 operative's managed to infiltrate the gathering and gather intel; one sly dog even managed to plant explosives on the captain’s congregation! Luckily, such a malicious plot was foiled. This is again a welcome dynamic, agents of all major bodies are invited (OOC, of course) to try their luck. However, this is at its heart a sailor’s gathering, this means walking up and arresting pirates on the spot would be thematically disruptive and likely a bad move on the arrester’s part. I look forward to sharing a weekend of drunken celebration, sinister plotting and dodgy negotiations with the scum of The Great Sea once again. The Crimson Compass Campaign: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624332634 The First High Parley (and its treaties): https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616741862#post-1 The Battle.net Community for the Parley! https://blizzard.com/invite/NmXJKnc7NVGustov25 5d
5d [H/A/N Campaign] Ogrepowered; Azerite Island Hopping ... Starting campaign map: https://i.imgur.com/0iIPYEj.jpg Background ... Horde ... Objectives: 1) The Horde cannot hope to justify holding the island if they can’t extract value - have successfully extracted ore from at least 10 geysers at the end of the campaign. 2) Stonemaul Island was once the Horde’s home, and by all rights the Horde ogres still want to keep it - successfully control Mug’thols Temple, Brute’s Rise and Cho’gall’s throne at the end of the campaign. Alliance ... Objectives: 1) If High Command is to ever invest in Stonemaul Island long-term, it must prove itself a valuable asset - have successfully extracted ore from at least 10 geysers at the end of the campaign. 2) Wealthy nobility have claimed the the rights to the charter of Stonemaul Island by way of inheritance, the island needs be prepared for resettlement firstly of war refugees, later of their rightful lords - Control the eastern coastline between Brute’s Rise and Molten Quarry, and at least one location on the western coast (Warlord’s Rest, Ring of Conquest and Mug’thols Temple). Privateer-Azerite Accord ... Objectives: 1) Privateering can only ever take hold of the island again if they have access to a harbour. Hold access, by conquest or agreement, to either the Horde or Alliance harbours. 2) If no Azerite for Magni can be ensured, this accord would have basically been a failure. Secure at least 6 extractions of Azerite by the end of the campaign.Rogmasha93 5d
5d [A/N-RP] The Fallen Leaf: Make Pandaria Great Again tl;dr The Fallen Leaf is a neutral multiracial mercenary/paramilitary order that seeks to bring Pandaria up to date with the rest of Azeroth to ensure its independence. The order performs as a mercenary company all around the world to both fund this and to make necessary connections. ... ...The Fallen Leaf was once a wandering neutral order with a purpose to help those in need of aid; work as heroes for the weak. Now the order has a different goal, which is to bring a change to Pandaria and to help the continent's populace form an army of their own, independent from a single group to rule over them. Instead, they aim for Pandaria to operate under the Celestials, and the mayors of each region. Of course, these goals are years away from their reach with their current numbers and power, so the focus will be on becoming stronger, larger and more organised as an order. To gain a foothold outside of Pandaria, and in secrecy, inside of it. To do so, the Leaf will operate as group of mercenaries under different aliases, while preparing for Pandaria's future behind the scenes. The order continues to follow the philosophy of the Fallen Leaf, and enforces a set of rules to make sure everything works fluidly. ...The Fallen Leaf will be taking part in community events and campaigns with different excuses when it makes sense for them to do so. We will also try to host community events once in a while, on top of which we hold frequent DM events of our own. The guild's RP focuses on the neutral mercenary aspect in Azeroth, as the order travels from one location to another in search of various kinds of work to do. From an IC point of view, this is done to fund the order's operations in Pandaria to slowly work towards unifying the continent to ensure its independence in the future. While the Fallen Leaf borders a paramilitary with its size by now, our RP is not very similar to military RP, and could be compared more to an adventurous journey through Azeroth. We also acknowledge World of Warcraft's high fantasy aspect, and take it all into our RP as it is portrayed in the game instead of downplaying it for grit. As mentioned before, our RP focuses on traveling all around Azeroth and camping here and there, and so we hardly ever visit Stormwind, and as a result this guild is not for someone that wishes to spend their time there. Everyone can host guild events, but officers/guild master should be informed about the overall idea and content ...Everyone starts as an Initiate, and from there, they will progress in the guild according to their activity and their behaviour both IC and OOC. It is possible to make it all the way up to the rank of a Leafguard without being expected much on an OOC level, but to progress beyond that we expect people to be actively participating in running the guild. This means making events, promoting casual RP, moderating the guild chat and ensuring rules are followed, and eventually taking part in the guild's recruitment. ... ...Basic understanding of English and RP, and the willingness to improve and take advice are probably the most important of the requirements for us. We also expect you to be able to behave in the game world, and in guild chat, which probably goes without saying. To join, you may contact: Shuang or Sindaru, or if none of aforementioned are online, feel free to whisper any other member. As for races and classes, all combinations are welcome to join. And last, but not the least: ... ...Shuang17 5d
5d (H-RP) The Red Accord, Recruiting! We call upon you people of the Horde. The spellbreakers, apothecaries, shadow-hunters and spiritwalkers that linger out there, willing to fight for the Horde! You are needed in this broken world, in a place where your talents will be accepted and where you can unleash the full extent of your capabilities. The Red Accord welcomes you. Concept The Red Accord is a role-playing guild that serves the Horde, first and foremost, with no task being too big or even too small. The Accord will do what is required of them no matter the cost, no matter the consequence. Inherently a para-military Group, it celebrates all classes and races that are part of the Horde and have something to offer, even if the powers they wield are controversial or questionable, and the knowledge they hold forbidden. These types of characters are not only welcome, but encouraged. The Red Accord fully supports all members of the Horde and will always stand by the Horde's side. Eager to share in it's hardships and troubles. There is no strictly defined uniform, part from the tabard. Members are expected to wear the tabard during the official missions of the Red Accord. Black Ops While the following is not considered something known in-character, it is necessary to provide the information to properly represent what the guild is truly about. Clandestine missions, often referred to as Black Operations, or Black Ops for short. During these missions there are no limitations to what can actually be done, the rules go out the window, the ends will justify the means, as it is all for the greater good of the Horde and it's allies. These are usually missions that the Horde must deny any involvement with, lest they risk diplomatic tensions or worse. Thusly it is the prime prerogative that Black Ops are not discussed in public, or with people that possess no knowledge of the Accord's affairs. When conducting these operations, a mask, helmet or hood that covers the character's face is mandatory, and dark coloured Equipment is preferred to be worn. Breaches of confidentiality will be punished in the guild, which means not only will the character wishing to participate in the operations be signing an oath of silence on the matter in character, but also fully accept the consequences of breaking the oath out of character. Not accepting the consequences for ones role-play will be heavily frowned upon and if necessary, sadly, ignored. The Archives The archives of the Accord are there to serve multiple tasks, some of which are storing artefacts, locking them away, never to be used or perhaps to ensuring they simply fall into the right hands. The registry is part of the archives, containing all information of the current members of the Accord, their tasks, occupation and other basic information, as well as all of their most notable deed and accomplishments, moments worthy of remembrance and reverence. OOC Information The Guild will set off to different parts of the world on 'Campaigns' usually with an overarching plot that brings story, drama and conflict into the daily role-play. The Accord has dedicated officers that runs these weekly events, determined to ensure that fun is to be had. That being said, members approaching with personal stories or ideas for events are most welcome. The Accord uses it's own event system with an extremely customizable character sheet, that the player mostly makes on their own, ensuring each guild member has a vastly different and preferred representation in the events themselves. The system was designed to be firstly very easy to grasp, learn and master, with immersion and representation following in a close second. Help is constantly available for everyone experiencing any questions or troubles, no matter how small or silly they may seem. Feedback on the system itself, is equally appreciated. We use Discord as a mean of adding and helping with the RP in the guild. For example, we keep the archives there, many social chats and the roll system. People are required to join the Discord so they can make a character sheet and join the events we offer!Eridael64 5d
5d When RP Power Scales Vary When your character meets someone in an event who roleplays a much more/less powerful combatant your character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjwKonrad13 5d
5d [Night Elf & Worgen-RP] Blessings of War - Public Event Greetings Argent Dawn, With 8.1 in view and thus the release of the Darkshore Warfront and more Night Elf lore, we of the Hand of Cenarius would like to offer Night Elf and Worgen characters an opportunity to come together in preparation of the (further) escalation of war in Kalimdor and connect it with the important cultural aspect of Wild God worship in Kaldorei society. Over the course of five days, Kaldorei or Worgen that can be spared from the frontline or wish to prepare themselves for the future offensive, are welcomed to earn the blessing of ONE Ancient listed below. Ceremonies and the trials themselves will be the main point of entertainment, not to mention the casual RP resulting out of this pilgrimage. ... ...Zenys97 5d
5d [Adventurers-RP] Disturbance Detected: Black Temple ... ... Hello Argent Dawn family. While this Timewalking Dungeon Event is active, players level 71 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the The Burning Crusade expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player's natural level. The idea is to gather everyone who wishes to do this raid IC, everyone is welcome and this will be an event on the Alliance side. The limit of players for this event is 30. (unless someone RPs a Timewalker is willing to help making this possible for more groups to join depending on the faction) Ask for an event invite in game (or ingame mail if im offline) I hope we have a great time doing something different <3 Date: Saturday, 24th November Location: Caverns of Time (gathering) / Black Temple (after the gather) Time: 8PM server time Contacts: GahtiráGahtirá3 5d
5d Belf rp spots? Hi All, Looking for some advice. I'm finding IRL recently has meant I've not been able to log on too much and when I do I find many of my old haunts / friends have left or moved blue side. There's also been a fair few changes blood elf rp side it seems I need to catch up on. I haven't joined a guild as I can't guarantee that I'd be able to attend many of the guild events and such, but I'm ideally looking for the spots where you can involve yourself in belf related rp and possible stories / campaigns but heavy attendance would not be a requirement etc. Any ideas or advice where this can be found (if at all?) Cheers!Itlaris14 5d
5d [Spoilers alert] 8.1 Discussion Thread 4 I honestly want 8.1 out now so I can start doing more spreadout work on my alts... I just want easier process!Angelus333 5d
5d [Pandaren – A/RP] The Wun Dynasty - Story Update 11.0 Introduction The Wun Dynasty is aiming to create and promote RP inspired by lore concerning Pandaren, as well as creating a friendly community for likeminded individuals that are appealed to a structured, evolving RP experience, while maintaining a relaxed and casual approach. We will be focusing in Rp with all aspects of the game in a casual manner, PvE (Mythic & Raids if we ever get the numbers) as well as PvP. Check our front page at: (https://saryssa19.wixsite.com/thewundynasty) or read below! Forums are not yet operational. What is the Dynasty? The Wun Dynasty could be called a “Pandaren House Guild” in a way. The Wun are an ancient family of kind hearted Pandaren that value tradition, art, culture, physical & mental Improvement, doing their best to make Pandaria and in extend Azeroth a better place with a good dose of optimism. History of the Wun. In ancient times, the Wun are recorded as a family of traders with ties to the ancient Night Elves as the family exchanged Pandaren goods with enchanted scrolls and items that the elves provided in return. Allowing the family to establish an affinity and interest towards arcane magic that resulted to several potent Wun mages arising through the ages. Following the enveloping of the Pandaria with the mists summoned by the last Pandaren Emperor, the Wun family continued the trade among the provinces of Pandaria for generations, adopting a more peaceful and serene way of life. Some of the family’s more adventurous members would find the isolation of Pandaria suffocating, joining the fabled explorer Liu Lang. In recent years and with the rediscovery of Pandaria, the Wun embraced the ideals of the Alliance, expanding their trade once more beyond the borders of their homeland and reuniting with their Tushui brethren from the wandering isle. So, what is required of you to join? We are looking for pleasant personalities that would like to boost the Alliance side of Pandaren Rp. There will be no pressure or demands from the Guild’s side towards its members concerning daily activity or obligations. We will provide events and opportunities for you to engage in Rp and you can join whenever you like. You will also be encouraged to create your own events if you feel so! Previous experience in RP or Asian inspired concepts is not required as long as you are willing to learn and adapt. We expect our members to be mature and to understand the basic elements of the Guild’s theme, Immersion is critical and required. That means a few simple guidelines should be followed. • Tradition:There will be a set of courtesies and rituals that will be followed by the members of the Dynasty. (Bow when you greet someone for example) • Physical & Mental training:It is important to keep your mind and body in shape, thus martial arts classes will be hosted as well as philosophy and art gatherings. • The Tea Ceremony:Food & Tea are sacred to the Wun family. Members will be encouraged to cook and brew their own recipes while a casual event of the guild’s social life will be the sharing of tea. • A Helping Paw:To make the world better each of us must do his or her part. Be kind, be positive and help those in need if you can. • For the Alliance! While we place our love for Pandaria first in our hearts, our honor is bound with the Alliance. They are our companions and our friends since the events that unfolded in Pandaria and the Wun will stand by their side against those who seek to harm them. What can you Rp as part of the Dynasty? There is a variety of concepts embraced by the Wun Dynasty and while we are open to individual backgrounds the general guideline provided is the following: Wun Guard The Traders of the Wun family had to protect their goods against a variety of threats, forming a long standing tradition of martial arts, archery and weaponry used by the family’s guardians. Loremasters Keepers of the Family’s precious lore scrolls and relics, Pandaren who seek enlightment through knowledge. Be it the prayers to the August Celestials, the song of Spirits or study of the Arcane arts. The Loremasters are the voice of wisdom and advisors of the Wun. Tushui & Lantern Monks Since the reunion of the mainland part of the family with our brethren from the wandering isle. The family also have it's own school of monks. Following a traditional training that passed on by our ancestors for several generations. The Golden Lantern Academy is located in our home of Paw'don, featuring regular sessions hosted by our instructors. Traders & Civilians The primary aspect that inspired the Wun is trade, be it the exchange of goods or collection of relics, archeology or exploration, the family is followed by a variety of civilians, crafters and artists. The Wun Family Reserved for the more prominent members of the Dynasty, Pandaren may aspire to become Wun themselves! Either by rejoining the Family as distant relatives or by the ritual of adaptation. Shado - Pan? Shado - Pan are charged with the defense of Pandaria itself and maintain a neutrality towards the faction conflict. The Wun family is openly with the Alliance thus it would not make sense for a Shado - Pan to take sides. So only if you are a former Shado - Pan that declare allegiance to us. You are not Pandaren? Do not despair! The Wun have allies and friends within the Alliance, if you wish to experience our way of life and you belong in another race, if your concept is fitting you are still welcome among us! For more information or applications contact Fangwun,Yarinulis,Riverblossom or Jenwun.Fangwun105 5d
5d [H-RP] Toll of The Loa Greetings. Roleplaying guilds are hard to begin. They're even harder to retain them. This is something I find unfortunate to say the least and wish to change by starting my own guild whose primary purpose is to introduce new players to roleplay. The following ideas apply to the guild. 1. We accept mistakes. They're allowed to be made. This, in my opinion, is just one of those things I find obvious. New people roleplaying are filled with uncertainty. Why not help alleviate that? 2. You are allowed to roleplay as races you're not (please have a different TRP profile for them). Something that I find to be a bar of entry is that some people might be a tauren paladin but want to rp as a Revantusk mercenary. This we perfectly accept and endorse. 3. This guild is mostly meant for beginners (veterans are welcome too). Just keep that in mind. For further information: Contact Lexxel on Argent Dawn or add Scripturer#21773Lexxel3 5d
5d WoW Argent dawn - horde karaoke night! WoW Argent dawn - horde karaoke night! Its as mad as it sounds 8pm server time! Org - Up to an hour before the event we will be posting within the /2 and /1 in org - just send us a message to join! (Mic is required) Make sure to join us for wow's anniversary! 16/11/18Duckdemon22 5d
5d [A-RP] Boralus Tavern Nights Greetings my friends in the Alliance. We are all exploring the new land of Kul'tiras and I could not help but notice how wonderful this new city of Boralus is. Thus I believe we should bring some life to it. The Wun Dynasty will be offering catering and brews in a chosen tavern inside Boralus at Hook Point with a splendid view and exotic tastes from Pandaria. We invite you all to refresh and resupply, socialise and prepare for the adventures to come! Note: As we understand people explore the expansion we will be opening this weekend. Feel free to join us for some lovely RP. Enjoy!Fangwun122 5d
5d [H-RP] <The Jagged Spear> Horde Adventurers Recruitment Status: CLOSED 1. Summary 2. Structure and Ranks 3. Events and Activity 4. Recruitment 5. Rules ... In Character <The Jagged Spear> is a Horde taskforce, recently formed by the erstwhile warlord, Shanzi Bloodfang. With tensions beginning to rise within the faction and the war against the Alliance escalating by the day, Bloodfang has taken it upon herself to gather the most skilled and the most versatile adventurers and soldiers of the Horde, in order to create this elite group, for the purpose of undertaking tasks and missions that conventional units cannot. Due to the specific nature of their work, The Jagged Spear is intended to remain largely separate from the trappings of the conventional military, to best utilise their talents. Each member of The Jagged Spear is considered on the merits of their skills and experience, with an emphasis placed on providing something unique within the taskforce. With missions that can vary, the responders must be just diverse, whilst maintaining strong focus on cohesive cooperation. With such dangerous and trying times, the primary objective of Bloodfang's unit is to protect the Horde and its people, whatever the cost and whoever the foe. Although the former warlord has provided the group with a small headquarters within Orgrimmar, due to the ephemeral nature of their work, they do not have a set base or lodgings. If the group within itself decides to claim one, it will have to be through their own labours. Out Of Character To put it simply, <The Jagged Spear> is a multi-racial, adventure-themed guild made of skilled, individual members of the Horde, who take the fight to powerful foes across Azeroth. Working beneath a DM NPC benefactor - Shanzi Bloodfang - the emphasis is on teamwork and cooperation, as opposed to following drills, formations and working under the thumb of a commanding officer. The guild is intended to be an ensemble, first and foremost, and work toward pursuing each character's personal narrative and arc. ... Knowing how many guilds have struggled due to the trappings of IC authority and ranks, <The Jagged Spear> will maintain a more simple and straightforward system in its stead meaning that every member will remain on an equal rank and platform. -Warlord: Although she no longer stands as a Warlord of the Horde military, Shanzi Bloodfang stands at the helm of the taskforce acting as a more hands-off leader. -Overseer: A single member that ensures the group stay on track and all voices are heard. In the event of the group being unable to reach a decision it falls on the Overseer to make the call. -Chosen:The rank given to all those within Bloodfang’s unit. Any issues or disputes will be settled after a task's completion, with more serious issues being taken to the ears of Bloodfang. To ensure that the unit is satisfied with their field leadership, it is intended to have a monthly meeting between the guild and their benefactor, to discuss any matters up to and including who should take charge whilst on the job. If there is a need for change, it will be made. ... Every week, there will be 1-2 events dedicated to the main narrative arc of the guild, depending on availability and convenience. Within this arc, the players may discover secrets pertaining to their often elusive patron, with the intention to escalate this story in an epic finale. Alongside the main arc, there will also be a number of smaller scale tasks, that arise throughout the group's travels and adventures. These will range from group run-ins with the Alliance, to smaller, more class driven tasks that allow each member to have their chance to shine. Finally, once per week, there will be an event slot reserved for individuals to take charge of their own events, to focus upon their own character's story in however they see fit. This could be requesting aid in settling a personal feud, searching for a rare and storied weapon they desire or simply taking their comrades to a place that holds meaning to them. Of course, no one is expected to join each and every event, nor would you be expected to log on every day for RP or involvement. We are aware that real life will always take priority and we all have our own real world responsibilities. However, this does not mean we will be taken for granted - we do not want alts that will only be sparsely played or have limited interaction with the guild. Unless there has been prior notice, after two weeks of unexplained absence, an inactive player will be removed from the guild and recruitment will be opened to fill their space. ... Recruitment Contacts: Thõrn Rukkha MargroshTo enable personal character development and a more unified experience between the players and characters, the initial plan is to enforce a strict number cap of around 15. With this we hope that people are able to follow and play out their own character's journey, whilst not being lost in the mob. Furthermore, with this we plan to have more personalised and focused DMed events, where each character is an individual and not simply a face in a crowd. We are also very keen to take on players who are willing to DM as well. We want it to be a collaborative guild so people interested in DMing specific storylines are very much encouraged. Ideally each event will be run by someone different to create variety and prevent DM’s from burning out. Consequently, the recruitment process will be thorough and there will be a zero tolerance policy for players who cause problems for the guild or for those around them - we are here to play together and have fun together, not to have to deal with the issues of those who can't get along with others. This will apply to both IC and OOC as, although we encourage characters to have conflict when meaningful, IC actions will have IC consequences - especially amongst the elite of the Horde. If interested, please do get in contact, even if it means sending an in-game letter by mail and we will get back to you. We are predominantly looking for the races listed below: Goblin Pandaren Highmountain Nightborne... - Don't cause drama - Adhere to World of Warcraft's lore - No ERP - Keep the focus on fun - remember, it's just a game!Blõodfang20 5d
5d [2nd Dec] Telogrus Rift Hours ... Date: 2nd of December Time: 20:00 RT Greetings! This is a proposed gathering in Telogrus Rift. The aim, to bring the Void Elf community together and share an evening of enjoyable RP. This can be a chance for downtime RP, where a character can simply socialize with fellow Void Elves. It can also be more in depth, for there is much potential to be had. A few set suggestions have been listed below: Void Research: Come together to uncover the secrets of Telogrus Rift and plan excursions to other places of interest. Teaching: Study and share knowledge. A base of learning, the Rift makes a perfect setting for teachers and students to gather. Combat Training: Work alongside your kin in mastering focus, discipline and overall technique as the Void Elves fuse their newfound powers into their traditional elven fighting style. Trade: Void Elven merchants and traders of all sorts can take advantage of this hub to present their goods. Discussions: Be it topics of military strategy, politics or research – there is plenty to discuss. The Telogrus Rift hours will try to portray what life is like for the Void Elves in the Rift. We are very much open to suggestions and any ideas, as this is an open event for all Void Elves. Please do not hesitate to put forward what is on your mind. Thank you for reading!Salrathin48 5d
5d [H-RP] Zuldazar Bar Nights ... Hello, sports fans. There’s been a lot of roleplay going on around Zandalar and I thought it was about time we had a few casual RP events on the calendar for people to drop in on. To that end I’ll be hosting a few social get togethers in different locations. The first one will take place at Village in the Vines, a settlement just outside the city. It’s a cool little venue with a bar, a nice lounge space upstairs and a few of those usable drums. The first night will officially be opening at 20:00 on Tuesday the 24th of September. Due to the nature of shards, I will be hosting a raid group and sending out invites before the event begins. You can contact me here, in game or if your character is a troll, via our lovely Wardrums discord. For all interested in Zandalar RP, I also recommend joining the Zandalar RP Hub community set up by Avarill. Details are as follows: ... Happy Brewfest.Hanazu70 5d
5d [A-RP Event] Evenings of Magic: Enchantment IC Advertisement. Posters to be found throughout Stormwind, Ironforge, and the towns in the territory of Stormwind. ... _____________________________________________________________________________ OOC Information Eh, what is this? Finally, the lecture I am so excited to present - Enchantment! This will be a quick introduction and demonstration of what Enchanting can do, both as a school of magic as well as a profession. I am a warrior, can I come!? Of course! This is for any class and character interested in learning a little more about magic in general, and not just those that might be interested due to their occupations. Even if I am a… gnome death knight!? Of course! Will the lecture feature practical demonstrations? We always try to integrate practical demonstrations! Of course, we can't give specifics without giving spoilers. But... you're not mages; you're warlocks! Halp! Yes, Eredun Lullaby is a warlock-only organization, but during the events we will be acting as "regular" scholars and mages. The subject at hand will not include public displays of demons or dark magic, except for basic magic educational purposes. You will, of course, not know ICly that we're in fact warlocks without evidence to the contrary. So why do you do this? The official reasoning behind this is that we only wish to preserve and spread knowledge about magic. Regardless of what type of magic a caster uses, there is always some fundamentals to consider, and as scholars, such topics are things we're very eager to cover! Of course, there is a second reason for doing this: we seek to find potential recruits, or even people we can perhaps direct to... darker ways for defending the Alliance, Azeroth... or even furthering personal interests, to a degree. (Note however that recruits only can be warlocks, so you can’t actually join the guild as another class even if you ICly roleplay to deal with fel magic and demons, etc.) OOC we want to bring people together, create role play, find possible recruits and spread the word about ourselves a little more, seeing that we are at most times hidden away in Surwich. And, of course, to promote quality role play for the purple tag! How do I sign up again? Send an in game mail to any guild member, or simply let us know in this thread or via Discord! Please request an event invite for the character(s) you'd like to attend. You may also find us at the Alliance Warlock Discord server. Oh noes, I forgot to sign up! Can I still come? Yes, you can. The sign up is just to give us an idea of about how many that will come, so that we can plan this easier. Any other questions can be asked here, or at our guild thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616732342 Argent Archives event page: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/218085Mayliffe3 5d
5d In Memory of Drums of War It has been a while since, but perhaps better late than never? I initially dreaded the amount of footage I had (over 200 clips) that it was hard to get started, but the Drums of War campaign in the summer involved so many people on our server that I decided to archive parts of it in a video. Sorry for the lack of Alliance coverage (shamefully few night elves especially given the location I know) + some of the battle groups; the footage was filmed whilst I was participating the events in-character. Still, hope you like it and that many of you spot yourselves in there somewhere! 1080p available https://youtu.be/_k8kXrv4eOc Thanks again to the organisers & Campaign contactsManata19 5d
5d Belore Fortuna ( Pirate rp ( actively recruiting)) Belore Fortuna (no not four tuna) actively recruiting We are a pirate guild, active on horde side. Sailing the sea's in search for ships to wreck and plunder, islands to explore, villages to raid.. Or just to empty bars of their rum stock. Having no god but gold The Belore Fortuna sails the seas freely with no mayor faction telling them what to do, only bound to the pirate code and the union of pirates. Captian - GM - First mate - second in command  quartermaster - 3th on command Sailing master - highest rank - Captain's guard - by gaining the captains utmost trust Crewmember - gained after proving yourself,  Swab - starting rank  Variable ranks if requested - docter - cook - engineer etc..- Our events will include sea combat, island exploring/conquering, fighting anyone who is unlucky enough to become our target and social time in booty bay, ratchet etc actively recruiting at the moment, come meet us next time we stop by in booty bay or find our recruiters in any mayor city Âimee – Feydrine – Thierryl- or anyone online can give you an inviteÂimee3 5d
5d RIP Stan Lee https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450 :(Ahake29 5d
5d Priestesses of the Moon, looking for teacher or guides Hello everyone, I am contemplating on making a priestess of the moon, but I am worried I will not do it right, if anyone could teach me maybe ICly be able to have me train under them that would be great, but also any guides or helpful tips for Rping one too or just information on night elves society that would help me better understand what I'm getting myself into haha. Anyway thank you all, appreciate the help if you reply. :)Arabellahope3 5d
5d [Nelf-RP] - <The Ashen Glaive> Interest Check! Hello dear and hopefully brutally honest forum goers! I've been having a guild concept on my mind ever since BfA was announced, and the War of Thorns and Burning of Teldrassil was revealed. I made this concept all those months ago, but haven't just been willing to act on it, but now with 8.1 approaching, and blizzard seemingly following up on the Night Elves and their new lore, I am quite hopeful and think, that maybe now is the time for this concept. That said, I would like to run this through the forums first. What do you people think about this idea of mine? Is it something you could get behind / want to see, do you have any doubts or suggestions, et cetera. So please, if you have the time, give it a look, and feel free to comment in the... well, comments! --- “Our lands lie in ruin, the ancient forests cry out in pain and anger towards the twisted Horde, that like a blight upon our land devastate all in their path. We of the Ashen Glaive call out to all Kaldorei, for a welcomed and much needed return to tradition. We cannot rely on the Alliance to protect our lands, and for too long have we been forced to yield territory after territory to these otherworldly invaders. Let it be known to all that the Horde’s days on Kalimdor are numbered. The Horde will learn to fear every shadow that moves underneath the canopy, every sound amongst the trees could mask the storm of arrows that seek their hearts, every log and every hollow a carefully laid trap. We will remind them, that every night spent on ELVEN soil could be their last. We will remind them, and regrow our lands and forests with their blood as nutrient. We are the CHOSEN people of Elune, and by the will of the Night Warrior, all who oppose the rightful reclamation of our ancestral homelands will feel her wrath.” – Lt Elyrandis Lunarsong, of The Ashen Glaive. Concept: The Ashen Glaive is a Night Elf RP guild, focused around the theme of guerrilla warfare and getting revenge for Teldrassil. The Glaive is a subsection of the Kaldorei Warmachine, recently commissioned and drafted into action after the devastating loss of lives during the burning of Teldrassil and War of Thorns. Their mission is to assassinate Horde targets, disrupt trade and supply lines, harass Horde settlements, and generally spill as much Horde blood as is “elvenly” possible until they have no other choice but to leave the Elven lands entirely. Background: Back in Warcraft 3, during the conception of the Night Elves as a race, theirs was a conservative society of isolationism. Their borders were heavily patrolled and monitored, and any unwanted influences would be filled with arrows before they even knew what hit them. Over time, this has changed, and the Night Elven people have come to rely more and more on the Alliance for protection as our society opened up to outside influences, and have since then been forced to yield territory slowly but steadily, or at the very least share it with the Horde. The Ashen Glaive preaches for a return to the Elven roots and traditions, to become as unrelenting and ruthless in their vigil as they once were. We believe this is in line with what Blizzard has envisioned for the Night Elves, as a recreation to the huge losses they have suffered recently, especially with the datamined Darkshore Warfronts and questlines regarding the Night Warrior ritual. The Ashen Glaive itself is just one of many cogs in the Night Elven military forces. They are a medium sized unit, dubbed “The Ashen Glaive” in honor of the thousands of lives lost to the fires of Teldrassil, and are part of the 21st division of the Starfall Battalion. They operate on the behest of the ruling body of the Kaldorei people, rather than the Alliance command. It is worth noting that the Ashen Glaive are not at all opposed to the Alliance, and see it as a positive force in the world, and are honored to be part of it. But they argue for the importance of being able to protect your own borders and your own people, rather than having to rely on outside help and support. General information: As you can probably guess already, The Ashen Glaive will be focused almost entirely within the elven lands of Kalimdor. I can only think of very rare and extreme situations where we might leave. We hope to be able to grow enough to be able to support daily Roleplay, despite being away from most majority hubs. As such, we also wish to actively cooperate and interact with other guilds also active in the area, be they Alliance or Horde affiliated, for everyone’s benefit and entertainment. Generally speaking, we wish to create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where players feel welcomed and accepted. We strive to create a healthy and drama-free community where characters and players have a chance to grow and develop over time, while promoting quality and lore-friendly Roleplay. We are extremely understanding of the fact that sometimes, things happen and you are either unable to Roleplay or simply do not feel like it. We do not want members to treat the guild like a chore where you are forced to come online and attend an event, resulting in minimal effort emotes and just wishing for the event to be done and over with. If you for one reason or another just don’t feel like attending an event for example, just say so, and we’d be more than understanding. That said, we do primarily seek main characters that the player plan on being somewhat active on. If you are only going to come online on the character once every two weeks, we do not see much point in why you should be in a guild in the first place. So we do expect some activity from our members, yet strive to be stress and pressure free, which is a difficult path to balance I admit, but we’ll certainly try our best. Structure: The Ashen Glaive is part of the Sentinels as a whole, and thus we follow the Sentinel outline quite closely. The ranks were made keeping the Sentinels in mind, as we cater wholly towards the Sentinel RP-scene. The name of the ranks reflect rank and status, purely. You do not need to be a hunter OOC to receive the rank of a Huntress, for example. Ranks: Fledgling (Recruit): Before you have been properly filed into the Ashen Glaive, you are considered a Fledgling, which is somewhat degrading term but used only with affectionate intent. You are new to the Ashen Glaive, and new to how things operate in this unit. Until you learn what goes and what doesn’t, you are considered a Fledgling. Outrunner (Junior Member): Often younger and less experienced than those of the Sentinel rank, the Outrunners might be the rookies amongst the Sentinels, but still have decades of weapon and stealth training under their belt, making them an already very lethal force to be reckoned with. Sentinel (Member): The Sentinels are the core of the Ashen Glaive, well versed in handling both melee and ranged combat, stealth and guerrilla tactics. Huntress (Veteran Member): The Huntresses are the veterans of the Sentinels, with many years of experience of combat. They are held in very high esteem, and are considered the elite warriors of the Kaldorei society. Moonblade (Junior Officer): The Moonblades are not officially part of the officer cadre, but serve to assist the leadership best they can, ensuring discipline and proper conduct is followed, as well as occasionally leading missions. Only those who have served with the Ashen Glaive for a longer period of time will be considered for this position. Adjutant (Officer): The Adjutants are the officers of the Ashen Glaive and assist the Lieutenant with running the Ashen Glaives day-to-day operations. They handle recruitment, hold drills, lead missions, and everything in between. Lieutenant (GM): The Leader of the Ashen Glaive is Lieutenant Elyrandis Lunarsong.Elyrandis59 5d
5d New to the server: some questions! I know you guys probably get a lot of these kinds of posts, but I was just wondering what sort of guilds are recruiting on this server? My brother and I have just region swapped from NA - we're both from EU but we had (had.. feelsbad) American friends that got us into the game - and now I'm looking for a home. I've never really been in a guild before so I thought it'd be interesting, and all I've done for the past 10+ years in games is roleplay so if any cool guilds are recruiting please let me know! Always found the Gilnean people interesting and found the idea of roleplaying one cool as well. On the American roleplay servers there are a lot of guilds that are limited to one race and the like, is that what the scene is like here? Mostly I'd be interested in roleplaying a Gilnean soldier so if there are any military focused guilds I'd be interested. Also, if you do PvP that's a big plus for me as well! Thanks for your time.Barryam4 5d
5d ( A/RP-PvP PvE ) Nightfall Brigade recruiting For Gilneas, by Gilneans. This is our motto, by it we shall aid all efforts to secure our homeland firmly back into the hands of its rightful ruler. We shall spare no cost, personal or material in achieving this goal. FOR GILNEAS!!! OOC Info Greetings all. For a while now, i have mulled over an idea of making a military unit that would focus it self into aiding the liberation of Gilneas. And while in the past, this seemed hard to actually accomplish, since Gilneas was and still is a contested land, the upcoming expansion shows Gilneas firmly in the hands of the Alliance, and i have also heard rumors about it having a flight path, infrastructure, etc, etc, like all other race capitols have. This has made my idea feasible, and i have decided to start it up. The guild recruits all Worgen and Gilneans (not cursed humans) into its fold, with all classes accepted. Since this is meant to be primarily a military unit, we will , for now anyway, focus on the military aspect of preparations for reconquering Gilneas (naturally, we don't know IC what will happen in the future, but our efforts will span for months, probably joining the various RP events, especially those that include areas near Gilneas it self.) We are naturally loyal to the Alliance, but first and foremost to King Greymane. We will strive to aid the Alliance military in combat and repopulation of the Gilneas area. Perhaps as we grow, we will even acquire sciency types who might be able to help with the Plague cleansing. (fingers crssed we grow so large). For now, we will not have a civilian part as such, but perhaps more of the rear echelon people, who wont fight or be at the front. We will do our best to take part in relevant Alliance RP events, be it RP-PvP or other, aside from our own events which will come in the future. There is no mandatory uniform ( for now at least, you never know ), aside from the tabard, but we strongly encourage members to wear darker colors, for easier blending with the enviroment. For any more info, please whisper any of our people online. Thank you. WEBSITE: https://nightfallbrigade.github.io/ Argent Archive node: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/201778? *edited with some more info, as per request.Lonehowl109 5d
6d [H-RP] Orcs of the Red Blade — Down in Durotar ... From the Ashes, Arise a Clan Orcs of the Red Blade can trace its origins to the apocryphal chronicles of Clan Redblade, a small but fierce clan striving for survival in Draenor’s distant past. Mythical figures like Githya Redblade, Kraag the Wolfking and Skagluk the Giantkiller are all but forgotten now, but the modern day Red Blades have their origin in Matriarch Akesha, who continued the legacy of the extinct Clan Redblade in the form of a unified entity. This diversity of clans and cultures is amongst the clan's greatest strengths. Encompassing orcs from all backgrounds and of all skill-sets, the Red Blades are a complex tribal society and a microcosm of the orcish race. Nomadic and largely self-sufficient in hunting, gathering and crafting, the clan is unafraid to move with the seasons and rarely stay in one place for long. From securing the Horde’s homelands to battling far-flung threats, their pursuit is honor rather than gold, and their goal is to secure a better future for the orcish race. Despite the vast range of differing origins and archetypes, the Red Blades are notoriously united in their unique brand of tribal warfare. The wolf is the emblem of the clan, and its members follow their Alpha with unerring dedication. The wolf-masks worn by many of its members and the ubiquitous riding-wolves favored by the clan are the outward manifestation of their coordination on the battlefield. Who are we? So what will Orcs of the Red Blade as a guild will have to offer? Well, as a guild, we seek to offer players an orc-exclusive clan experience that... - Is lore correct, yet offers enough freedom to its members and within its own concept to allow both its members and the guild to creatively interpret their own story and culture; - Strives to be as authentic as possible to the orc fantasy of Warcraft III; - Is loyal to the Horde and knows its place in it; - Is more than just a warband. As such, there's not only a focus on the orcs' martial prowess, but just as much on shamanism, orc society and the concept of honor as a central theme of their lives; - A friendly OOC environment which we strive to keep drama-free (no, really!), even as we remain true to the hardy orcish culture IC. We have been active on Defias Brotherhood since 2005, and have moved to the lovely locale of Argent Dawn since 2015, where we have thus far very much enjoyed our stay. With such a long record of service, we have made both many friends and many foes, but we've always done so in good heart and with a smile on our face that would make a /clapping orc jealous! Tribal RP has always been at the core of our concept, and be it through nomadic RP in meticulously planned-out, story-driven campaigns or simply social RP back in and around Orgrimmar, our goal has always been to emulate an experience that comes as close as possible to the original concept of the 'honorable savage' for orcs, as inspired by Warcraft III. As such, we strive to keep our orcish RP and culture as authentic and consistent as possible, while at the same time offering a place for as many different orcish archetypes as possible - within reason, of course. Moreover, be you a beginner or a veteran to roleplaying in general, we will always gladly take you in and help you on your way! For any further questions, feel free to take a look on our website which has a plethora of information to offer as well as a FAQ, or contact me on Battle.net on Lemonpie39#2659. So, are you looking for a brand new experience to dip your orc in? Wait no longer, for we're always on the lookout for both veteran RPers as well as complete newcomers to RP or orcs! We heartily invite you to share the road to glory with us! Website: http://www.orcsoftheredblade.com Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1J4As-dQ0k (now remastered!) Previous thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16070857340 Argent Archives: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/158217Kozgugore479 6d
6d Sausage Rolls or Pasties? Discuss.Ragecast56 6d
6d Which major character would your OCs date? Doesn't matter if deceased or alive. Or taken. And why? Just being super curious (and probably a bit too bored as well)!Laniakear84 6d
6d Date the poster above you<3 #2 ... Babe, you know how to light a fire. Let's go to your place, dim the lights, close the curtains... I'll bring a world tree. ;)Rakihu406 6d
6d <The Bilgewater Battalion> Uncle Bedlam wants YOU! ... Heya folks, <The Bilgewater Battalion> is a guild which we hope shall add something to the Horde military and Goblin RP community due to being a rather relaxed military guild which focuses on providing enjoyable and lore accurate RP for anyone wanting to have their character join the Bilgewater Battalion IC. Our premise is that we're a hit squad style unit within the Battalion which not only aids in keeping the peace in Horde lands, but is also deployed deep in enemy territory, testing out new technological and scientific innovations on the enemies of the Bilgewater Cartel. Here's a bit of a Q&A which goes deeper into what we do: What kind of RP do you do? Events wise, as a military unit we of course do training but not in the common style of practising formations and running laps around a field. Instead we tend to try out more practical skills such as learning how to commandeer a flying machine and parachute from it into enemy territory, skills which will be relevant to fighting different enemies and gaining the upper hand in the lands we travel to. The themes of our events that aren't training can range anywhere from comedy to horror, one day we could be tracking down a criminal in a city, the next we could be on the front fighting the enemies of the Bilgewater Cartel. Although we do both RP/PVP and RP/PVE, we also like to RP casually outside of events and are open to people walking up to us wherever we are. Where are you based? Our main base is at the barracks in Bilgewater Harbour, but a lot of the time we can be found around the Harbour (mainly at the inn or the restaurant) when we're not on deployment as well as Azshara and Orgrimmar. Who do you accept? We accept Goblins, Orcs and Forsaken into our ranks, it's quite obvious that Goblins can be found in the Bilgewater Battalion but there are also instances where Orcs and Forsaken are seen to have joined and progressed through the ranks. We unfortunately do not accept any other races or death knights as none of them have been seen to have joined the Battalion at any point in game. How do the ranks work? Our rank system is quite simple right now as we're a small, developing guild which works as follows. - MIA - Recruit - Soldier - Lieutenant - Captain This system shall be expanded upon as we grow with more diverse ranks as well as a progression system, but the most interesting rank right now is the MIA rank! MIA is the rank for anyone who has not come to RP with us for two weeks without saying why. They will be considered missing in action IC as that's realistically when we may start to wonder where someone has gone, and it gives us the opportunity to have a bit of an event line to find someone who's MIA once they return. Where do I sign up? If any of this has interested you feel free to whisper or send some in game mail to me, Bettiboom/Mondoe, or chat with any of our members about passing on a message! Join the Bilgewater Battalion today, for money and beach front property!Bettiboom120 6d
6d 8.1 Issue - Night Elf Glaive is DH only. Reddit link for a medium that has a better chance of reaching the devs than the forums here; https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9ry411/spoilerptr_81_a_sad_day_for_all_night_elf/ So, yeah. Rather than being either a Cosmetic of 1H/Fist weapon that can be used across multipe classes, as shown in past media and NPCs, the first ever player usable 3-point glaive is Demon Hunter only. This is silly, disappointing, and makes no sense.Kaytlinne101 6d
6d [Dwarf-RP] The Three Hammers The Three Hammers recruitment video: https://youtu.be/vJ5SwPGKHHI ... About us 'The Three Hammers' has a long history. Originally founded in 2005 as the 'Dwarven Rifle Squad', a regiment of riflemen that grew to become one of the largest guilds on Defias Brotherhood. With the release of Cataclysm the guild embraced a new form as a community guild for all dwarves. Eventually due to a dwindling roleplay community on Defias Brotherhood we moved here, Argent Dawn, to start anew. The years since there have been many ups and downs and many different iterations with different leadership. Now with the Battle for Azeroth on the horizon we seek to re-establish this once titan of the dwarf community. It is our intent to adopt a new approach and open a new chapter of the guild by putting focus on a more militaristic aspect of dwarven life. With the upcoming war with the Horde and introduction of Dark Iron faction, we want to reflect the ever-closer Union between the three clans by providing a platform for quality community and military roleplay. You can expect to see us organise dwarven community gatherings as well as classic training sessions, multi-event campaigns, guarding Khaz Modan and RP-PvP. Code of Conduct We want to promote a friendly and positive atmosphere, our members should treat players in and outside of the guild with respect. We understand that sometimes life can be tough, but we expect our members to play nice. We don’t permit Power Roleplay, Metagaming, ERP and “Lolling”. Religion, politics and adult content is forbidden in the /g chat. Breaking any of these rules may result in a warning or removal. If you feel like one of our members are misbehaving, please contact one of our leaders. How to reach us? You can contact us through several means: You can speak with one of our officers in-game, join our community group or leave a message in this thread and we shall contact you. Community Link: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/7EmgJ5f03y?region=EU&faction=Alliance Leadership: Gemir, Goifur, Gilran, Dwinbar, Verbum And finally some old memorabilia. Old The Three Hammers video: http://youtu.be/b1QxLj9h1js Dwarven Rifle Squad video: http://youtu.be/VZmtJM-3XHk Gallery: http://spectre33.imgur.com/ Gemir120 6d