Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system ( can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
19 Aug Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua71 19 Aug
26 Nov History of Argent Dawn Updated May 28th 2017, 04:02 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - 2005 - post 2 - 2006 - post 4 - 2007 - post 5 - 2008 - post 6 - 2009 - post 8 - 2010 - post 9 - 2011 - post 10 - 2012 - post 11 & 12 - 2013 - post 13 & 14 - 2014 - post 15 - 2015 - post 17 & 18 - 2016 - post 19 & 20 - 26 Nov
3d Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Dawnmantle (Research, artifact hunting, pro Quel'Thalas/Horde) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Silvermoon Guard Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Crimson Caravan (Trading company / Horde auxiliary force) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Dark Eye Clan (outcast clan trying to survive) Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Order of the Raven Blood (independent order, adventurers) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Sacrilegious School (Occultism, outcasts, spellweaver criminals) Shadowmoon Pact (New Horde clan, welcoming warlocks and demon hunters too) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers. Strictly business.) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) The Valiant Accord (Adventurers and mercenaries against the Legion) Valiant Blade (Mercenaries on the Broken Isles) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Fel Hunt (Illidari) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Elvhenan (Military, assistance force) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Evenhold (Knights, refugees. Not taking evil classes. Lordaeron races only) Keepers of the Drassili (Protection of nature, races beyond Nelf also welcome) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Knights of the Isle (Knightly order) Highwave Irregulars (Kul Tirasian naval military/trade, not directly Alliance) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Northmist Company (Alliance, but close connection to the Argent Dawn) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Silver Archaeology Co (Explorer's League organisation) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Ace Platoon (Alliance Elite homeguard) The Chapter of Embers (Human, Dwarf, Worgen - holy order, military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Seventh Penal Company (Penal military) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Penal military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Bronzebrew Company (Trade) The Crooked Peace (Criminal) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Outblades (Relic hunters, mercenaries, thieves) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Ivorystar Academy (Mage school, Kirin Tor aligned) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) The Silver Charge (Silver Hand knights and some allies) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) The Synaari Pact (Freeform) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone175 3d
3d Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz436 3d
14 Mar Roleplaying Guild Map Hello Argent Dawn. I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way. As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track. So what is this? This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see. The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds. Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red. How do i create / manage my guild? Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time. Why are you making this? As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood. I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out. Do i need to make an account to see / use this? The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots. The email usually ends up in junkmail. If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account. I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454) Link the website: Much love <3Adriloth84 14 Mar
07 Mar Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn Considering Legebril is ending his maintenance on the raiding progression thread, I thought I'd continue to do it. I will also continue to work with the old format because it's a nice format. If your guild isn't in yet, please do give a shout by mentioning your progress on this thread! Old link with tiers prior to Legion: ... Mythic 1. Safety Dance (H) - 11/11 2. Helios (A) - 11/11 3. Blessing of Wisdom (A) - 10/11 4. Sephuzs Secret (A) - 9/11 5. Splendour (H) - 9/11 6. Menethil Yacht Club (A) - 9/11 7. Triggered (A) - 8/11 8. The Lethal Party (A) - 8/11 9. Crux (A) - 8/11 10. The Shadowstalkers (A) - 7/11 ... The Precariat (A) - 5/11 Braindead (H) - 2/11 Alliance Normal/Heroic The Precariat - 11/11N - 11/11HC Erandium - 11/11HC Ad Fortior - 11/11N - 11/11HC Horde Normal/Heroic Splendour - 11/11N - 11/11HC Salvation - 11/11N - 6/11HC Arclight - 11/11N - 6/11HC ... Mythic 1. Helios (A) - 9/9 2. Detox (H) - 9/9 3. Blessing of Wisdom (A) - 9/9 4. Sephuzs Secret (A) - 9/9 5. Technical Issues (A) - 7/9 6. The Undecided (H) - 7/9 7. Nøcturnal (A) - 7/9 8. Shadow (A) - 7/9 9. Triggered (A) - 7/9 10. Menethil Yacht Club (A) - 7/9 ... The Precariat (A) - 5/9 Salvation (H) - 5/9 Reincarnation (A) - 3/9 Medicated (A) - 3/9 Arclight (H) - 2/9 Alliance Normal/Heroic The Precariat - 9/9N - 9/9HC Erandium - 9/9N - 9/9HC Reincarnation - 9/9HC Bloodrune - 9/9N - 9/9HC Mighty Pintos - 9/9HC Crux - 9/9N - 5/9HC Crystalline Dream - 9/9N - 3/9 HC Facepunch - 8/9N - 3/9HC Horde Normal/Heroic Lethal - 9/9N - 8/9HC Night Witches - 9/9N - 9/9HC Arclight - 9/9N - 9/9HC Defect - 8/9HC Salvation - 9/9HC ... The Nighthold - 10 bosses Alliance 1. Safety Dance (10/10M) 2. Helios (10/10M) 3. Epoch (10/10M) 4. Oakcrest/BankofStone (10/10M) Sephuzs Secret (10/10M) House of the Fallen (8/10M) Triggered (5/10M) The Precariat (10/10N) (10/10HC) (3/10M) Gestalt (2/10M) Mythic (10/10HC) (1/10M) Erandium (10/10N) (10/10HC) Crimson Dawn (10/10HC) Innovation (10/10HC) Bloodrune (10/10N) (10/10HC) Prismatic Society (6/10HC) Titans of War (4/10HC) Crystalline Dream (4/10HC) Lionheart Vanguard (7/10N) Horde Lethal (10/10N) (10/10HC) (4/10M) Night Witches (10/10HC) (3/10M) Steelsong (10/10N) (10/10HC) Insurgence (10/10HC) Trial of Valor - 3 bosses Alliance 1. Safety Dance (3/3M) Oakcrest/BankofStone (3/3M) Erandium (3/3N) (3/3HC) The Precariat (3/3N) (3/3HC) Mythic (3/3HC) Lysis (3/3HC) Crimson Dawn (3/3HC) House of the Fallen (2/3M) Epoch (3/3M) Innovation (3/3HC) Gestalt (3/3HC) Triggered (2/3M) Sephuzs Secret (3/3M) Bloodrune (3/3HC) Horde Steelsong (3/3N) (3/3HC) Lethal (3/3N) (3/3HC) (2/3M) The Emerald Nightmare - 7 Bosses Alliance Erandium (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Precariat (7/7N)(7/7HC) (1/7M) Bloodrune (7/7N) (7/7HC) Inceptum (7/7HC) Immortalis (7/7N) (2/7HC) RP raiding group RaidPlay (7/7N) Lionheart Vanguard (7/7N) Shadow (7/7N) (7/7HC) Square One (7/7N) (1/7HC) Katla (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Pioneers (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) Oakcrest/BankofStone (7/7N) (7/7HC) (7/7M) The Silver Charge (7/7N) Mythic (5/7M) Lysis (7/7HC) Crimson Dawn (3/7M) House of the Fallen (7/7M) Epoch (7/7M) Innovation (7/7HC) Gestalt (2/7M) Triggered (7/7M) Sephuzs Secret (7/7M) Horde Safety Dance (7/7HC) (7/7M) Lethal (7/7N) (7/7HC) (7/7M) Oathsworn (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Rotgarde (7/7N) Legalise Peacebloom (6/7HC) Night Witches (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mythic (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mistfall (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Wyld Hunt (7/7N) (7/7HC) Steelsong (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Eclipsion Blade (7/7N) (7/7HC) SSRCG (7/7N) (1/7H) Splendour (7/7N) (1/7H) The Crimson Clover (7/7N)Brutus92 07 Mar
21 Dec Agtherian's Arcane Addendum - Beginner Arcane RP Guide! ... Hello, Argent Dawn! I previously made a guide on Arcane magic. It covered Arcane well enough but it was in dire need of touching up. The lore has since changed and rather than bump a dead thread, I figured I'd make a new one. I'm creating this guide to help people determine what the Arcane is, what it can do, and if it'd be fun to roleplay. There are a fair few people who are interested in roleplaying with the Arcane but don't really understand it, so this is more aimed at them. Saying that, the first section is less about roleplay and more about the lore of the Arcane. If you believe yourself to have a good grasp, you can skip it. But I'd advise rereading it to make sure that you're up to snuff with recent changes made to the lore. With that, let's begin at the basics. Contents 1 - Arcane and It's origins1.1 - Arcane and Azeroth 1.2 - Arcane and Mana 2 - Arcane and It's Laws2.1 - Arcane and Weaving Spells 2.2 - Arcane and The Schools 3 - Arcane and It's Application3.1 - Arcane and Power 3.2 Arcane and Everyone Else 4 - Arcane Afterthoughts-Sources 1. Arcane and It's OriginsTo understand where the Arcane comes from, you first need to know how the universe works. Azeroth, the world your Mage will most probably inhabit, is just another speck of dirt in a vast universe. It adheres to the same rules everywhere else does. Those rules are governed by six cosmic forces; Light, Shadow, Life, Death, Order and Disorder. Arcane derives from the forces of Order. That is to say, the power of the Arcane comes from wielding it with precision and disciplined concentration. Fel, the antithesis of Arcane and it's opposite, derives from Disorder. These two were born from the forces of Light and Shadow clashing, the chaotic mashing of the two forces forming the universe as we know it. With the creation of the universe came the eventual birth of the race, the Titans. These creatures roamed the universe, composed of primordial matter and arcane power. The very embodiment of Order, they could reshape worlds and quell raging spirits all across the universe.. They were born as world-souls, their goal to help other world-souls reach a state of maturity where they could travel the cosmos. They eventually happened upon Azeroth. 1.1 Arcane and AzerothThis is the world that is home to many different races and many different magics. It's also a Titan in a world-shaped egg but for now we'll continue to focus on the Arcane and how the two are tied. When the Titans arrived at Azeroth, they noticed malefic creatures attached to it. These cancerous lifeforms currently embedding themselves into Azeroth were Old Gods. Their one purpose is to corrupt the sleeping world-soul. Realising what a threat these Old Gods posed, a Titan reached down to the surface and tore an Old God from the world. In doing so, the Titan ripped open a wound on Azeroth and it's arcane life essence began to flow forth. The Titan's, in a bid to close the wound, created the Well of Eternity via wards which allowed the wound to settle, giving it balance and allowing it's power to seep into the world. 1.2 Arcane and ManaI will gloss over the majority of the story that led to the Well's destruction. It's stuff your Mage can research in-character and only important for the sake of knowing a major event. A race of trolls lived besides the Well after it's creation, and they eventually became what we call the Kaldorei (Night Elves) and after another few millennia they nearly reached levels of power that could rival the Titans, all thanks to the Arcane. They were domineering with their control of magic, going so far as to arrange marriages to strengthen their bloodlines with potent mages. (As a side-note, this does in fact imply that an affinity for the Arcane is hereditary, but as proven by many characters in lore, not required to be powerful. Your mage can come from nothing or be born from a long lineage of magi.) Eventually their indulgent use of the Arcane drew in forces from beyond Azeroth and caused an unprecedented invasion unlike anything seen by a mortal race yet. The resulting war led to the Well of Eternity's destruction and in aftermath of the Well's implosion, sundered the world. Quick Disclaimer: This brief section is a combination of both lore and speculation. I'll try to keep it clear which is which, but both use lore as their basis. Mana is the fuel for your Mage's spells, so here is some minor information on what a Mage uses. Lore: Mana is essentially a secondary form of stamina. The more of it you expend, the more drained you'll be. The character will become sluggish and visibly tired and spells cannot be maintained indefinitely. If your Mage is somehow reliant on mana to sustain themselves (in the form of spells) and they are drained of it, they may die. These are extreme cases. Speculation: Mana is naturally generated from the cosmic forces of the universe (Light/Shadow/Order etc) converging onto one point and forming a extremely large vortice of mana. This allows people to tap into this force and use it to turn Mana into the Arcane. The best metaphor to use is to compare Mana to water and the Arcane to steam. Your Mage is just forcing a "chemical" reaction. End of speculation. 2. Arcane and It's Laws Now that we have some understanding of where the magic comes from and how you bring it into being, these is one more step before you even consider what race, schools, or personality you decide for your mage. The four laws. Every practitioner of the Arcane will adhere to these laws. These are not enforced laws, but they are fundamental to the beliefs of Arcane's use and define it. ... These are the rules given by every Mage trainer to beginners in a letter. These are meant as a warning. If your mage chooses to ignore these warnings, they will set themselves on a road to either glory or downfall. If your Mage outright chooses not to believe in these laws, that's fine too. But they'd possibly far more destructive and irresponsible with their use of magic, causing them to draw the unwanted attention of others. There is a fifth law, The Law of Sympathy, but this one is not a warning. Although if your character is cowardly enough, they may take it into consideration. When someone handles an item, they leave a part of their magical aura attached to it. When a person continues to use the same item over and over, the stronger their 'sympathy' to the item becomes. As everyone has a unique aura, this means the item with traces of the aura can actually be tracked. Articles of clothing, written books, locks of hair, these can all be traced back to Mages who use them over and over. 2.1 Arcane and Weaving Spells Now we get into the good stuff, casting arcane magic. There are many different examples of different ways to cast magic. Some spells use grand hand gestures, some use verbal components in a language many do not understand, others rely on reagents along with carved runic patterns. Whatever your character chooses to use, even if it's a combination of all of the above, it needs to be used in some form to cast a spell. This is what makes a mage so versatile. Even if they're bound and gagged, with a wiggle of their fingers they can free themselves easily out of conventional bindings. If a mage is Silenced, a magical affliction through curse or spell, they will not be able to use any form of magic. There are many prisons and bindings that sever a mage from their connection to the Arcane. It will then fall to you to use your quick wits to get out of that situation quickly. Even if your Mage is not an alchemist, they can create a gem to tap into and recover some of their spent mana to keep soldiering on. These are mainly used for Mages who have run out of mana and are in a pinch, such as the middle of combat or to prevent someone draining the entirety of their reserves. That does not mean your Mage has to be a combatant though. There are many aspects which can be explored which allows them to avoid combat entirely. The potency is always there. If you're stuck for examples of magic to use in roleplay, simply look to your action bar. Think about how hard the spell would be for your character to use. An apprentice would not be able to make himself invisible instantly, but an archmage would have no issues.Agtherian60 21 Dec
30m GM/Guild Stereotypes Hit down Stereotypes such as the Guild master, the guild and of course the guildies.Telmen68 30m
45m [RP-PvP] Sent to the Savannah: 23/03-30/03 Hello Argent Dawners, I have a RP-PvP campaign planned that will take place in the Southern Barrens. The Sent to the Savannah campaign plot will kick off following an increased number of Horde soldiers to ready an attack on Northwatch. The Alliance will hear of this and go over to Fort Triumph to reestablish it as a temporary base. Around this time, the Horde warbands will have gathered and moved to Desolation Hold. How and what happens for this to occur, can be found in the prologues for each faction! This campaign will kick off on March 23 and end on the 30th of March The Sent to the Savannah campaign will revolve around 2 main objective-rewards, namely a Spiritstone and an Elementstone , and a retinue mechanic using supplies. At the start, both factions decide which objective they want to follow: 1. The Spiritstone 2. The Elementstone 1 - SUPPLIES As for supplies, each faction will start out with 1000 supplies. Retinue, rations and basecamp management will cost each faction 200 supplies a day. When a faction runs out of supplies, they will no longer be able to maintain the main campaign base (Either Desolation Hold or Fort Triumph), forcing a retreat back to the secondary base (Hunter Hill or Northwatch). Once one of the factions retreat, neither faction will be able to increase their supplies! 2 - THE BATTLEFIELD The three major areas for this campaign will be the Overgrowth, the Kraul, and the Battlescar: 1. After 9 pm server time, the Overgrowth will become an unrestricted RP-PvP zone every other day (using a signup list). The winner at the end of the night can use it to replenish their resources (winning 100 supplies). 2. The Battlescar will be the main area for restricted RP-PvP fights, as it is directly between the two main campaign bases. 3. The Kraul will be full of quilboar. A renegade Pit Lord, Kalfaroth, has taken refuge here after the fall of the Burning Legion and offered the quillboar some of his blood. Knowing he is no longer "immortal", he planted a Soul Engine that harvests the souls from the quilboar burial grounds (and fallen soldiers) in order to somehow regain "immortality", or so he believes. The Soul Engine disturbs the elements all around. Especially in the Fissure that divides the Barrens nowadays. 3 - TIME-CUTOFFS 1. Past midnight, the Overgrowth will be flooded by enraged elementals due to the Soul Engine and the fel quilboar shamans in the Kraul. The Kraul will be flooded by restless souls during this time, making both areas unaccessable. 2. During days where no unrestricted RP-PvP will be present, the Overgrowth will be infested with elementals through the entire day, making it both a PvE zone and a restricted RP-PvP zone. 3. The Kraul will always be a RP-PvE zone. 4 - THE ENDGAME The "winning" faction will get their Stone (Elemental or Soul) of choice, while the loser gets the other. This way neither side really loses, but takes a morale hit as to make sure the campaign has an end goal. 1. In case the factions select the different ones (e.g. Horde selects Elemental, Alliance selects Spirit), they will both get the reward. 2. In case the factions select the same stone, the winner will be determined by their position (supplies, scripted to happen on day six.). Both stones will be recovered on the sixth day through DM’d events. Use of this stone can be discovered through researching it in your base camp, or after the campaign. Its true properties will be given to the faction that has the stone and will only be available to the other faction through in-character events. THE MAP ... Restricted RP-PVP RULESETS 1. One ability every 5 seconds. 2. No crowd control (cc) (this includes knockbacks until further notice). 3. No AoE. 4. No oneshot abilities/combinations. 5. No on-use trinkets. Try to remove big AoE trinkets aswel. 6. Have fun. Very important! Campaign contacts ... ... SIGN-UP FORM ...Zeepkist183 45m
45m [AD Talk Show] Fuse Talks - Back 10th April! ... What is this? Fuse Talks is designed to be a Talk Show for the Argent Dawn community. It’s only once a week and there’ll more than likely always be a guest with myself to discuss whatever topic it may be that is planned for that day. It’s always live so you can involve yourselves in the conversation through the chat, ask questions along the way too. If you find you’ve missed one and want to catch up, you can always look to the youtube channel provided for it. Videos will be directly uploaded there after each stream. Where can I find it? Unfortunately I’m not allowed to send a direct link. You can search under the name ‘Fusecraft’ for twitch if you’re looking to involve yourself in live version of it or search the same thing if you’re looking to catch up on Fuse Talks through youtube. Some topics you might expect to see: Roleplay World of Warcraft PvE/PvP The Community Blizzard related news And more Guests, how? You can contact me through the in-game names of Fuse (H), Kaliyra (A). You can also find me through the discord link above. If you’re interested in guesting for it, you’re more than welcome to do so. Otherwise for the most part I will seek out individual players to make an appearance for the Talk Show. Volunteers! I’m one person, I can only keep up with a certain amount of things that go on and unfortunately sometimes that means I miss out on talking about certain guilds, campaigns, general community initiatives and more. I’m always looking for individuals who’d be happy to volunteer and provide some things for me to discuss and present towards the viewers. Questions? If you’ve any questions you might want to ask towards myself, the guests or about the topic of the week. You can feel free to throw them up on the thread and we’ll aim to answer them during the stream itself. You can alternatively ask them during the stream, beware that we can take a bit sometimes to answer it! Contact Methods BTAG: Fuse#21675 Discord: Demzi#5169Fuse160 45m
53m (H/N-RP) Shipwreck´s Tavern. ... Greeting´s fellow people of Argent Dawn, I come here in peace to announce an Idea I have been thinking for a while now, and have finally decided to give it a try. IC Info: The respected Mistress Xing, the most notable pirate of all Pandaria has expanded her fleet and trade routes to the world, with the Legion´s threat over and war on the map, it is the perfect time for piracy to grow and profit, therefore, The Blood Lotus has established a Tavern to safely trade our goods, to the best posters, in he prison island of Tol Barad, we will open it soon, and make our contact with the client´s, even more easy, as this will also serve as a base of operation, Mistress Xing herself will manage the Tavern, until more personal is hired. OOC Info Shipwreck´s Tavern will be a weekly event, (And hopefully a proper Guild with time) based on the Black Market, Evil/Villain Characters, Piracy and everything that has to do with Low Standards. Basically the tavern will offer absolutely anything you can think of for the right time, and price, and will also offer a safe spot from the law of both, Alliance and Horde, a paradise to assassins, warlocks, rogue´s and anyone with enough guts to come here. Where? How and When? The location will be the Tavern in Tol Barad, IC it is not exactly on the Island, but one close to the main one, to avoid the conflict, as this is neutral land, Horde and Alliance laws do not count here, the only rules that count are the Tavern ones. And because all evil things happen late, the Tavern will open every Thursday and Tuesday from 22:30 until the last person leaves, Mistress Xing will attend you personally, and is also open for any items or contracts you might be interested. Starting Thursday 29 of March. Because of the chaotic nature of this all, the Tavern has established a few rules: -If you attack or destroy, property of the Blood Lotus or a member of the Staff, you will be banned from the Tavern. -If you are going to attack someone else Inside the tavern, please do not leave blood stains on the floor, they are hard to clean. -Besides from the Staff, no protection is guaranteed to anyone, but no God Emoting is allowed, if you are going to do something edgy, make sure the other person agrees, or we will just ignore you. If things go well, and Im able to get some help from the blue side, the Tavern could be run for both factions, but for now, it is Horde, of course you can show up with your alliance character, but you better bring a translator. For now, I am open for hiring anyone interested in helping with this, send me a In-game Mail or whisper to one of my chars: Naorí Jianyù Verenisse Cheers and always be freeJianyù6 53m
1h GHI (Gryphonheart Items) not working! Since, I think, it was the start of this patch I haven't been able to access my GHI items. I click on the GHI backpack, it lights up, but doesn't open. There was an update of the addon a couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, but it didn't solve the problem. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?Bertel11 1h
1h Order of Saint Quineas ♱ Light, Country, Man Alliance Roleplaying Guild Argent Archives: ... § OOC We’re a roleplaying guild and community playing a medieval chivalric order of generally religious knights, chaplains and lay servants. We lean towards realism and well-rounded characters open to growth. Right now, we’re looking for a small group of dedicated players with good writing skills. We arrange regular roleplay sessions and coordinate over Discord. You can join us even if you’re already in a guild, as long as you keep in touch on Discord. If you’d like to join, whisper, mail or Discord any veteran member: Gaudin/Wython/Walter (wython#9903), Felix (sumr#2390), Fluellan, Jouhaux. Alternatively, you can drop one of these a letter on § IC INTRODUCTION ... ➥ More: ____________________ ...Wython116 1h
2h What went wrong with Nightborne RP? Perhaps it is that I've been unlucky with the Nightborne I've met but I feel like the Nightborne RP in Argent Dawn leaves a lot to be desired, starting with the fact that about 90% of the Nightborne character you see roaming around are nobility. Yes the story that was portrayed to us in Suramar was heavily involved with the nobility of the city. No, there is no way that a society can be sustained when most of it's population are lords/ladies. Now I wouldn't have a problem with this if the Lord/Lady title stuck to their name added something to their character other than convenience but in most cases it doesn't. They don't even behave like a Lord/Lady would, instead they run around Silvermoon like unmannered tourists. And don't even get me started with the Felborne who think it's okay to be standing in the middle of Orgrimmar / SMC as a traitor to your race and an ally of the Burning Legion. You would get executed on sight, you don't because most people act as if you didn't existed, and the ones who try to execute you get god-moded Now I'm aware that whining in the forums won't solve this issue but I want to know, is everyone's else experience with the Nightborne different? Where are the normal Nightborne roleplayers hiding?Zaranni42 2h
2h [A-RP, Ren'dorei Military/Research] The Voidfury ... ... We are distrusted, frowned upon and even hated by some. But Lady Alleria Windrunner has given us a chance by having convinced the High King of the alliance to take us in. They will think us fanatics and crazed followers of the old gods and their lords. We will prove them all wrong! We have endured through great suffering and strife in the past, we will do so again. I offer a place within the voidfury as I seek to guide as many of our kin toward a greater future. The alliance has always believed in the light, an ethos of the universe... Now they will wield the second half of the fundamental piece of the universe aiding within their ranks! - Dark Prelate Erison Voidsear ------------------------------------------------------------ Who are we? We are The Voidfury, a militant research group of ren'dorei, the void elves who seek to find our place in this world by serving the grand alliance. We may be distrusted, frowned upon or even hated but we endure in order to progress forward toward something new. The void elves are here to stay. We accept any and only void elf of any class as long as they swear loyalty to the grand alliance and is willing to work for its benefit. It matters not if you're a soldier ready to jump into the fray or if you're a researcher willing to unlock the secrets of the universe. We accept them all whom can be a benefit to the alliance in one way or another. That means we won't have anyone just sitting on their behinds while the rest works. You can be a student for whatever reason, a novice archer or a magus apprentice. But all of you would be put to work in one way or another. The guild is ren'dorei(Void elf) only. It focuses on the path of the void the ren'dorei now takes under the guidance of Lady Alleria Windrunner. We by no means intend to bubble RP and we hope to reach out to other guilds on the alliance to see if we can't start with some babysteps in making allies. (Something I assume won't be too easy with everyone's distrust.) --------------------------- We are an order of the ren'dorei whom seek to gather our kin into one unit in order to help them find their place in this world and provide training and guidance as we serve the grand alliance in combat as well as in research while adapting to these new changes which has been brought before us. --------------------------- Guild Ranks Dark Prelate: The leader of The Voidfury who guides the order forward and ensure its survival as they proceed into the future as members of the alliance. He commands the troops and educates the masses of the Ren'dorei in the void and what changes they have gone through. A teacher as well as a commander. Executor: Those who have been promoted to the highest authority beneath the Dark Prelate and helps leads the troops into combat, establish training regiment, recruitment and more. The executors are the Dark Prelates closest advisers. Shadowsworn: Those proven and loyal to The Voidfury whom has served with might and dedication. The right and left hands of the executors. To become a Shadowsworn, one requires to be nominated by an executor which wishes them to as their right hand and then taken to the Dark Prelate for evaluation. Observer: These are the researchers, the diplomats and the merchants as well as other similar professions whom aid the order in other ways than jumping into battle. Like handling the research on a specific mission studying an unknown artifact, diplomats aiding with keeping good relations with other orders and the alliance in general or merchants with aiding of economics and obtaining wares the order may require. Riftweaver: The riftweavers are the Warlocks, mages, priests of the order who served their time as an acolyte and proved themselves in combat and discipline. Riftstrider: The warriors, hunters, rogues and monks of the order who served their time as an acolyte and proven themselves in combat and discipline. Acolyte: The new and untested, the recruited and potential of the order. Affiliated - OOC Group of friends and trusted individuals who are extended invitations on our missions and campaigns. These get invite on our discord server, invitation to guild ingame is not possible. ---------------------- Rules IC: We expect people to know how to behave when serving in a military unit as they are invited. When on duty, remove all influences of your civil life. When you're on duty, you're there as a loyal member of the alliance and the ren'dorei, fighting. Get into line when told to, carry yourself with discipline, know that certain actions has consequences that can lead to disciplinary actions. To not use the void/shadows however you want to/around a people who barely trust you as it is! Act respectful and mindful of your situation! Follow the laws of the grand alliance. OOC: There will be no cyberbullying, talk of IRL religion, politics or sexual themes in the guildchat. Keep it clean and friendly and think of your fellow gamers. Keep your private RP far from public places (open world included). Respect people’s immersion. Keep your OOC away from /s /e /y when standing in an active roleplay zone. Metagaming, power-emoting, and god-emoting are strictly forbidden. ------------------------------ To join the ranks of the Voidfury you will require to take an IC interview. To do so you need to get in contact with the authority of the voidfury, be it a shadowsworn, Executor or the Dark Prelate himself. Either find them in RP or write them an IC letter to set up a date for a meeting. Once you've gone through the interview which tests your abilities to RP, Your lore, communicating and your motivations to join the Voidfury you will either be accepted as an acolyte or turned away depending on the officer's opinion of you. We try not to be elitest or look down on others but we do value the image the guild represents. As such we want mature and serious Role Players. ------------------------------ Brief History: The order of the Voidfury is new and burn in shadows of whom they once were to the very name itself which speaks of the former members of the Sunfury. Adapting to the changes of who they have become, they now do what they can to prove to the world itself that despite the change they have not gone and become monsters. Lead by their Dark Prelate Erison Voidsear whom was once known as a priest of the High Kingdom Erison Quel'seri. A loyal and spiritual man until the fall of the sunwell where fate set him down a darker path that ultimately lead him here. Now he and his executors attempts to rally their kin and show the world the best of what the ren'dorei has to offer. ------------------------------ Events: Our events are tailored to promote uniqueness of every single player, giving them chance to shine. We do not use any roll system at all on our own events, instead DM is considering every action with a common sense and replied accordingly. Through this we want to promote good thinking, original ideas and creative solutions. Risks of poweremoting are of course present and are solved in a swift manner to not affect other fellow guildies, if such case will ever rise. ------------------------------ How to contact us? Icly: We are based in Telogrus/SW and can be found at both of these places. We usually gather at 8:00 Server time in Telogrus for various ocassions. Meeting, lecture or start of the mission. If we are nowhere to be found, it means we are on long term deployment outside of the city OOCly: Dark prelate: Ingame name: Erison Discord tag: Erison Voidsear#7891 Executor of Riftstriders: Ingame name: Almion Discord tag: Almion#1414 Executor of Observers Ingame name: Ehm Discord tag: Soulbeak#1044Almion38 2h
4h [H/N-RP]: The Silent Vigil - Back in navy blue! Prelude: “Ten thousand years ago, our emperor sacrificed everything that he was and would become, to give the people of Pandaria the greatest gift: Time, time for us to learn the many lessons that he had learned.Time to prepare ourselves for the dangers of which he knew he would not be able to shelter us from for all eternity. Even today, many aspiring Shado-Pan follow in the emperor’s wake. Much like he did, they sacrifice their lives of comfort and ecstasy. They shed themselves of doubt, fear, despair, anger, hatred and unjust violence. They make these honorable sacrifices so that others do not have to. Three years ago, our time had run out. The destruction brough on by the Cataclysm blew away the mists that had protected our homeland for so many years. The era of isolation had ended, and soon, the lessons we had learned were put to the test. Pandaria and its people endured through the many hardships that faced them, but the greatest challenge of our time was yet to come. The same enemy that threatened the world so many years ago has returned to Azeroth, and isolation is no longer an option. We have worked in the shadows and behind the scenes to aid our newfound allies in combatting the greatest threat of this era, but it is time we take up a more active role once more. We all have a part to play in the upcoming struggles.”Moelin24 4h
4h Order Hall Conclusion Good day Argent Dawn! Now with BfA soon approaching, I hope that Blizzard will give a decent conclusion to each and every Order Hall story line and the effect that this new conflict will bring. So whilst this applies to all the Order Hall factions, I will be focusing on the umbrella organisation, The Order of the Silver Hand, which as you know houses hte Organisations knowns as, The Blood Knights, The Sunwalkers, The Knights of the Silver Hand, the Brotherhood of the Light, The Hand of Argus, and the Argent Dawn. In BfA we're going to see some good old fashion Horde Vs. Alliance, and it's going to be glorious! But what does it mean for the Order Halls that currently exist? For me the most controversial Order Hall is the Silver Hands. It currently holds a lot of the fighting force for the Horde, and part of the Alliance's. Blood Knights are what some people may consider the backbone of the Thalassian military, and whilst the Blood Knights are not neutral, they were fortunate enough to have a level headed leader, Lady Liadrin that in her wisdom decided that the priority was to defend the world against the Burning Legion and the best way to do it was to join forces with the other Paladins of Azeroth. In knowing that the people of the Legions Silver Hand are not all neutral, I hope to see a good conclusion to how this organisation will part ways. Perhaps other Order Halls will do the same as both the members of the Alliance and the Horde within return to fighting for their leaders. If Blizzard decide to properly conclude the Order Hall campaigns, how do you think they will do it to each one? Let's discuss! Thank you for reading! (Edited to include Hand of Argus. Thank you person who reminded me!)Faírbank31 4h
6h [A-RP] Heralds of <War> ... Hello Argent Dawn, with the battle for Azeroth looming overhead, myself and six friends thought to take the initiative to create a pro-alliance, anti-hero death knight project aptly named War. The guild itself consists of seven core Death Knights who were once apart of the kingdoms or cities that make up the human settlements; Lordaeron, Alterac, Arathi, Stormwind, Kul'Tiras, Gilneas and Dalaran. The guild itself will be focused on attending Alliance Campaigns and primarily disrupting horde presence wherever it may lie. For now, the project & guild is open to Death Knights, but we're more than happy to take wayward acolytes & deathweavers should they suit the guilds concept. (Warlocks, Shadow Priests & Mages). -- Are you of the Ebon Blade? With the Lich King being taken as a dignitary, the characters of <War> feel that the Ebon Blade are falling back to their ways of old and feel more compelled to fight for the Alliance instead of the Ebon Blade until the Lich King's prominance is vanquished. We could very much be conceived as brigand/rogue members of the Ebon blade, but let the chips fall where they lie. -- Thanks for reading & leave any constructive criticism!Vyst37 6h
6h [Church-RP] Statements from the Cathedral A hurriedly drafted letter hangs at the entrance of the Cathedral. On a later date, a similar letter can be found again, but more carefully written... ...Cilestine30 6h
8h Do YOU really want Vulpera as a race? Let's be honest here, who actually wants to play the new Kung Fu Panda race of WOW? I can think of numerous cooler races which don't look like something out of a dreamworks film or is it Disney?Telmen193 8h
8h [Dark Iron - RP] Fist of Thaurissan - For the Queen “The runes have been cast, the flames have been read - and the portents all point to the same. War is coming, and we are not prepared, not yet.” Deep in the heart of Ironforge, a small group of dwarves gathered in a dark hall, dimly lit by candlelight, pipes and ember eyes. Three venerable dwarves sat in carven chairs around a stone table, each with a dour mien as they eyed each other. The words had been spoken by an ancient looking dwarf, his robes crimson, skin gray as granite. The scarred form of the one-eyed battlemaster rumbled in response while placing a runed gauntlet of black metal upon the table's edge, “And who would dare to intrude upon Khaz Modan. Who would defy the Dark Iron Nation and the line of Thaurissan?” “Fate is fickle and its skeins thin in these times, I do not know who will strike first, but the time of reckoning is coming.” The female of the company eyeing the two before making her contribution, her golden pocket watch shining in the dim flames, its chain curled around her fingers, “Nobody would challenge us at our doorstep, and the coming battle surely won’t be at our gates. Our coffers are full; we can wait it out…” Shaking his head at the comment, the eldest spoke again, “And would we have the lordlings of Stormwind have the honour, and let our cousins call us craven? Nae, my fellow thanes, we are sons and daughters of the mountain, our will is iron, and we shall bring shadow and flame upon our enemies - we are the Fist of Thaurissan, and woe betides any who oppose us. ... First formed almost seven years ago, the Fist of Thaurissan is the oldest Dark Iron RP guild on Argent Dawn. Originally founded as a Dark Iron military unit, the guild has now reformed to be an allied group of three Dark Iron clans, encompassing both military, political and civilian RP alike. The Fist clenches to repel all foes of the Queen, the battle-tested soldiers of Clan Runefist won’t have to face the dangers alone, as Clans Ashenvault and Flameheart join the fray. ... ... ... More kinsmen are needed to forge the future of the Dark Iron Nation. The Fist is looking for able, living dwarves and like-minded kin to join its ranks; be it independent Mercenaries looking to take up arms against common foes, skilled Crafters looking to cooperate with the clans, gifted Students of the Arcane seeking knowledge and guidance, or simple Civilians not shy of putting in the work, the Fist of Thaurissan welcomes every capable dwarf into its ranks. Although the Fist is and always will be a Dark Iron organization, certain proven kinsmen of other Clans are, on occasion, permitted into the ranks to serve the Queen and her son Dagran II, the rightful heir to the dwarven kingdom! The Fist of Thaurissan offers an opportunity for clansmen to prove themselves before the gaze of its council of thanes and, by extension, the Queen Herself. The Dark Iron Nation will prosper for it is the legacy of the line of Thaurissan. We are the anvil the new dwarven empire will be forged upon. For the Queen! Recruiting officers: Rylir, Lúnrà, Ashenvault ...Rylir13 8h
8h [A-RP] The Unbroken Oath (Mage RP) This guild still smells fresh because it is, but I am looking to grow it into something great and entertaining! AA page - (Note that it's still a WIP) Seperate Website - WIP ... The Unbroken Oath was created under the idea of forming unity for those who has no cause, the only thing is it sounds like it's a mercenary group then. But now it's something else, new leadership and a new image. The Unbroken Oath is now a Coven that gathers knowledge and practises all magic to those who desire it. With that said we seek to bring the people of Azeroth into a new age, a age where everyone is accepted and work together to protect our world from threats that present themselves here and in other realms. What to expect from us: We seek to join the RP community as a Neutral organisation with the intention to protect Azeroth from dangerous that present themselves in this reality (being Azeroth) and others (being Outland/the realms of different realities- The Shadowlands etc.). Here we gather knowledge and share them amongst those within the Coven that wish to learn more. It is not a requirement for a light-user to learn about the void but they are welcome to if they wish so. You will find that this Coven will grow into a large variety of different individuals that practise a vast number of magic, that includes the magic that many look down upon! Adventure RP-PVP Social Events Cross-guild Events The guild itself won't be focusing on its progress alone, we seek to implement your character's progress as well if you wish it. This will bring more event content, growth, and of course fun! What we expect from our members: We expect our members to be able to RP wherever they want if they wish so, meaning our base may be somewhere else but you can travel around to RP alone/with other members. Our mentality is quite diverse meaning you can have a simple character or a very complicated and advanced character. We expect our members to join our events where they can so the work the officers do are not for nothing. There is no specific uniform required to wear but we do ask you to at least wear our tabard/cloak/undershirts (visible) It isn't required at all times, except if we're going on cross-guild events and campaigns. Rules: The rules are simple, don't troll or do anything that can weaken the name of the guild while you're part of it, if you wish to do such things use another character that's not part of the guild. We also look to create a social-friendly environment where people can be themselves but not enforce their beliefs on those unwilling. Structure: The structure of the guild is made quite simple, you have different people that use different magic, the differences are divided under their main-class specialisation. Meaning you have arcane users and fel users, but they do not study the same magic so they're divided under the Overseers of their specialisation. Officers Headmaster Overseer Ranks Provost Specialist Student Initiate Other Associate Oathbroken The explanations for these ranks are given on our AA page. Recruitment: The requirements are simple, you can play any race and class but you have to have some degree of magical abilities, I do not expect many non-casters (Demon Hunters\ Death Knights etc.) to join but they are welcome since they do have the ability to cast magic. You'll need to have the Total RP 3-based addon, which means any RP-related addon that allows you to join in the immersion of the RP Realm. If you fit the requirements given above you can join the guild by contacting me directly or any of our officers with a reply, inbox letter or on the AA page. Contacts: Shanrê • Recruitment status: Open • Residence: Uldum - Uldum Temple ( • Current Location: UldumShanrê1 8h
9h [A/RP] The Cerberus Bond - Updated! ... What’s the Cerberus Bond? The Cerberus Bond is, at heart, an adventuring guild, composed of a myriad of colourful characters and concepts, geared towards mercenaries and explorers in particular, though it's completely open and welcome to anyone, so long as they can provide an adequate reason! The Bond quite gleefully accepts any contract as long as it doesn't harm the Alliance ,varying from saving a cat from a tree, to delving into deadly ruins, to squaring up to even the most gruesome of demons or eldritch abominations. Who can join the Cerberus Bond? Anyone, regardless of race and class!. We ask a bare minimum of level 20 for all classes bar death knights, who must at least be level 60. If you wish to join prior to these levels you very well may, but we will likely withhold an interview or IC recruitment until such a time that you are past those levels. This is in part due to the fact that our guild embraces the setting and is very much high-fantasy, and as a result we have a penchant for taking trips to very dangerous and high-level zones, including current content and some old raid areas for specific stories. However, with this said, we are also a very big fan of new RPers and would be more than happy to show them the ropes and perhaps in doing so, improve ourselves and grow as RPers. What are the ranks? The ranks are composed with two crucial ideas in mind, the first of which being a very loose and democratic hierarchy outside of campaigns, and the second being with some relation to your OOC spec/class. While we won't turn away ideas that are more 'out there' and pushing the letter, we'd be far happier if your character can at least follow the roles of your OOC class. 1. OOC - As per the name, this is rank devoted to anyone who is not ICly in the guild, and is mostly used for alts! 2. Mender - Perhaps one of the noblest duties, anyone who would, the majority of the time, opt to heal and minimise casualties rather than dealing damage. 2. Spellcaster - Any and all characters that prefer to deal damage from afar by weaving spells, be they the elements, raw arcane, searing holy light, or eldritch shadows. 4. Ranger - And conversely, for the ranged combatants that would vastly prefer to deal their damage via bows, guns or other means not involving magic. 5. Assailant - The bulk of the members by far, anyone who prefers to get up close and personal and deal brutal damage to the enemy. 6. Guardian - The stalwart, front-line protectors of the group, who dare to take and parry the blows so that the others may have an opportunity to strike. 7, Officer - Mostly an administrative position, simply in place to mark OOC who can be contacted to arrange guild campaigns, events, and can provide a loose guide or mediate IC. 8. OOC Officer - The alts of the officers, or for those who would rather stay out of the IC authority and prefer to manage things with the players, rather than their characters. 9. Lord - The GM, a position currently held by Luther Denholme. What are you expected to give? Jokes aside, we ask you to patient, respectful and courteous. We have stories currently ongoing with some hiccups due to activity of the members and in general other IRL or RP related commitments. However, we will always be happy to save larger and more story-crucial events for when we have more people, even if that means delaying a story for a short period. In addition, we ask you to be humble. We are very big on teaching and helping other roleplayers grow, and elitism will likely lead to a very short time in the guild. Most importantly, what can you expect from the guild? Regular events, an active guild chat, and perhaps even some PVE on rare occasion. We have always a story ongoing, often made of adventuring events in the world, with a variety of DMs from within and out the guild. Given the nature of the guild, you have to expect to be unable to visit major hubs while we are far away from them. We do apply a modicum of travel time, using the world itself as framework (so do not expect to need a week to go from Elwynn to the Blasted Lands for example). In game time is for us the actual time for travel. Seafaring depends on destination but we usually opt for three to four days. One for the boarding, two or three for the travel, and one for departure. If you want to join, or simply wish to know more, feel free to post or contact myself, or any of the guild members who can likely redirect you. Thank you very much for reading, and we hope to see you in game!Denholme28 9h
9h Your concepts for BfA As the title says, I'd love to know what character and guild ideas and concepts you've been mulling over, and what aspects of BfA you find most exciting as far as creating new prospects goes, be it the new races or the stories the expansion might help you fortify. Personally? Between recently playing wc3 and the introduction of upright Orcs, I may finally make the Orcish Blademaster I've always considered making.Siegvard44 9h
9h [Campaign] The North Star Dates: 6th of April - 27th of April The Race for Azerite was only the beginning of something much worse. It couldn't really be anything else. A new super-weapon to be harvested. An obstacle out of the way. - Anonymous The sequel to The Race for Azerite campaign as promised in response to a lot of good feedback and participant interest. The North Star campaign represents a global escalation of hostilities across the world - in particular Northrend. Not only will the two factions vie for control of the natural resources but also control of the world's northernmost shipping lanes. This will be a combination of both RP-PvE and RP-PvP objectives where both can contribute to a faction's victory, through resource gains, in the context of the campaign. Over the course of three to four weeks depending on participation, the campaign will take place across the following zones, in order: ... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Resource mechanic: In order to provide a narrative context for this and bring a determined start and finish to all of this, we have put forth a Resource mechanic by way of a counter for each faction. This counter can go up as well as down. It can be affected through both RP-PvP and RP-PvE. The RP-PvP side: The contribution of RP-PvP to the victory functions with certain zones being set aside that are identified as being rich in a particular resource. The faction that takes control of these zones and holds them until midnight each day will be rewarded with 1 point towards your faction's resource counter. Flashpoint RP-PvP conflicts will appear in the zone throughout the week that may come with additional rewards and/or campaign effects. You are welcome to organise your own battles as well. To prevent one faction from getting ahead and staying ahead, pillaging will be enabled for one side in order to take resources from the other faction. The outcome to these attacks on settlements is not guaranteed but will not result in the destruction of said settlements.If you are holding a resource area, you are susceptible to any attack but for RP-PvP happening elsewhere I would stress that communication is king. The rules apply for all non-participant organised RP-PvP engagements: - Healing unrestricted - 1 damaging ability per 5 seconds - No CC effects, controls, slows, stuns, silences or otherwise. - Avoid one-shotting players An important note about stealth & prisoners: If you do wish to be taken prisoner in this campaign, you should only do so in the knowledge that you are probably not going to be broken out by Rogues an hour later. Being taken prisoner by the enemy should not be brushed off If you are mounting a rescue operation, speak to the roleplayers who have the prisoner before attempting anything. The RP-PvE side: This aspect of the campaign will be handled via a 'mission-board' of events that a group/guild can choose to undertake that, should you succeed, will bring 1 resource point. They may also bestow other rewards/effects similar to the Flashpoint RP-PvP encounters. These events will be held by volunteer DMs. If you would like to volunteer, a requirement is that you join the organisation Discord server. You are of course more than welcome to simply DM your own events using the broad campaign as a framework as above. A separate mission thread will be posted when the campaign begins that will contain the resources for the DM missions as well as the maps of each zones as they become active. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Guild sign-up template - ... Individuals who wish to sign up can simply declare that they are attending.Tagahr18 9h
9h AD Roleplaying Discord Server Greetings Argent Dawn roleplayers, I have rewritten the thread to make sure that we aren't percieved as "just another Discord" on Argent Dawn but rather we have something unique and would like to share it with the community! This discord server is RP networking that this server has been lacking and in my opinion it is what this server would heavily flourish off. So without further a do, let me introduce the Argent Dawn Roleplaying Discord. We are an RP OOC networking community, we are not set on one specific sort of RP we rather expand to all depths of roleplay avaliable! The server holds over 40+ ranks, and chat rooms and will be expanding more. Yet to avoid clutter, I have designed this server to hold self assigning ranks - each rank will contain a chat room specific to that area of roleplay, you will be designing the discord to your liking. As of now, the Discord has an individual rank and text channel for each individual; Race, Class and Style of roleplay, we have also slowly been adding sub-faction roles and channels i.e, Kirin Tor. All of this is done by self assignment, and hence if you wish to add/remove a role you will never have to contact a Moderator, you only have to write a simple command in #self-assignable-roles (Eg, ".iam rogue). You will then be provided with that channel. Asides from this we have channels primarily dedicated for RP Help, Looking for RP alongside Guild advertisement, and Event advertisement We like to keep a healthy community, so please follow by the rules, and enjoy! ... If you have any suggestions for a new rank/role please DM me on the server! Thankyou,Galford37 9h
9h [H-RP] Grim Gest - Gruesome deeds for the greater good Important: D̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶i̶v̶a̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶G̶r̶i̶m̶ ̶G̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶u̶i̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶j̶o̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶-̶b̶y̶-̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶i̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ Update: Recruitment is open again. Update: And yes, the Grim Gest takes the nightborne. Update: The guild's very own website is here: ... ... ... ... ...Morsteth60 9h
10h Give the poster above a wrestling name Because why not, just don't get hit by the steel chair!Clemmon82 10h
11h Argent Dawn General Chat Thread #291 Something something post limits.Rodeldë280 11h
11h [N-RP Group] The Argent Crusade The Argent Crusade is an initiative to bring together Argent Crusade roleplayers from all over Argent Dawn. With the help of Discord and the Battle.Net group systems, my hope is that it will be much easier to find roleplay with other fellow Crusaders, especially when there is a high focus on faction warfare. If you are interested in joining a place to have a casual community, this may be the place for you! The only requirement is that you play an Argent Crusader. ... To join our Discord, please follow this link: Please note! Before you gain full access to the server, you are required to introduce yourself and your character, and you will be promoted as soon as possible. However, during some nights, it may take me a little while to get back to you, as I have raiding on Wednesdays and Mondays, and other stuff on Fridays and Saturdays. I try to get back to people as soon as possible, but sometimes it might take a few hours. Your patience is much appreciated. To join the group, please take hold of: Aion#21948 ... Going to try and make this as simple as possible. Nobody likes a long wall of text when it comes to rules. Rule 1. Don't be an !@#$. Behave yourselves, be polite, and try not to post something that you know is going to piss off someone else. - If you feel like someone is breaking this, please do come to me. This includes more subtle, snide comments, that I might not notice. Send me a screenshot, and I will take it up with the person. Rule 2. DON'T be an %^-*. Seriously. Rule 3. Keep it PG13 Or PG16 after BfA, I guess? Rule 4. Only Argents For now, I wish to keep the group Argent only. Certain previous Argents might be taken in, but this is on a case-by-case basis, and requires that you poke me first. It would be weird if there are more previous Argents than actual ones in the group. Rule 5. We are not a billboard We try to foster a friendly atmosphere in the discord group, and continuous guild advertisement is not the way to do so. It makes people feel uncomfortable. If you are advertising an open event your guild has, this is fine. If you are replying to someone asking for guild suggestions, this is fine. But please, keep most of your guild updates to your own threads, and out of the chat. Rule 6. Tags and the usage of them The tags @everyone and @Argent Crusaders are now restricted to two types of updates. Roleplay related updates, such as updates on events and announcements for roleplay (like x is in x, come and bring friends), as well as announcements from myself, related to the discord server itself. In general, as long as you follow the ruleset from these forums in the discord chat, you will be fine. We are trying to create a respectful, accepting community. If you have an issue, please take it up with me, and I will do my best to solve it. Screenshots are going to make it easier to take it up with someone else. Also, remember - we are all in this together. The Argent Crusade community is a small one, and we will all benefit from one another.Caithalyn52 11h
11h [H/A-RP] The Grimey Gulley – An Underground Tournament Greetings Agent Dawn, As the title already suggests, this is a public event revolving mainly around an Underground tournament. Each match will consist of two opponents, fighting one-on-one until either heavy injury is sustained, or an opponent falls unconscious. Of course, accidents can and do happen; death is not out of the picture- but more cowardly opponents can always surrender. The event is 'special' in the sense that it is catered towards and targeted at shady characters. This includes operatives, criminals, outcasts and perhaps even a few cultists of varying factions, though the latter should stay low-key. It is thus rarely accessible to characters of 'conventional' means. It is also an opportunity for characters and organisations to display their criminal talents: The gathering of information, the establishing of new contacts, the earning of coin, and talent-scouting- all while watching the Grimey Gulley's (mostly) voluntary combatants compete for the three mysterious prizes. The Grimey Gulley itself is an old and abandoned quilboar arena inside a fittingly run-down camp. It stays safe below the star-sprinkled night sky of the Southern Barrens, outside of the prying eyes of guardsmen and grunts, preoccupied with war. ... ...Kergok25 11h
12h [A/RP] The Bloody Verdict ... ... Hello gamers, The Company of the Bloody Verdict is recruiting! <The Bloody Verdict> is a group of irregulars serving under Stormwind who have come together under their Enoch of Sunnyglade's imperialist teachings - and his declaration (or verdict hehe) that peace on Azeroth could only be bought with the pitiless destruction of the Horde. With the priest's teachings professing a great respect every patriotic member of the Alliance who is willing to take up arms against the Horde, the guild accepts every Alliance race as long as they hold similar ideals - a deep love for the Alliance as an institution and a desire to see pan-Alliance culture spread across all of Azeroth, ushering a new age of peace. They are effectively Stormwind imperialists and - for example - deeply desire to see the fallen Kingdoms raised from ruin but only under the High King's authority but also believe that Kalimdor - once rid of the Horde menace - can be settled and used to the benefit of Stormwind and her allies. The company itself has a wide rage of characters because of its place as a group of irregulars - from peasant militiamen pressed into service to knights to vindicators bear these colours, united by their mutual hatred of the Horde (or love for their people in the Alliance, some of them might claim). The uncompromising beliefs of some of these characters have not won them much love in some parts of the City they hold in so high regard... In terms of events I'm hoping to have this guild be pretty big on RP PVP but we'll obviously have plenty of (NPC'd) DM events and guild plots coming up also. The uniform is more of a colour scheme - just wear the tabard and try to keep to a blue/grey Alliance-y set that is appropriate for your character / the guild's theme You can contact myself or "Lionsworn" if you have questions / want in OK that's about it catch you on the flip side / hope to see you in-gameEnoch228 12h
12h Ninth Order(11/11M) Heroic and Mythic boostruns *** Mythic Antorus cross realm will be available starting from 21/3 *** Hello Argent Dawn, We will be doing boosts on Wednesday & Thursday(Thursday is mostly reserved for Mythic boosting). If we have more demand than we can handle we will be doing boosts on other days. All of our raids start at 19:45 server time. With our history of successful boosts in previous expansions and great reputation as a guild you don't need to worry about a thing. Our group is made of officers and raiders from Ninth Order. If you ever have a complaint about any of our members do not hesitate to inform us and we will do our best to resolve any sort of misunderstandings. You will get exactly what you paid for, you will make friends, have a laugh and definitely come back again for either a run on your alt character or other boostruns. At this point in time only personal loot will be done. For people that are not familiar with Personal Loot: Personal Loot: Every time a boss dies, you have a 20% chance to get a drop. Just loot the corpse and see what you got! You can coin every boss on top of that. We are boosting the following : - Full heroic antorus (450k) - Argus HC only (140k) - Guldan mount (1million) - 9/11M antorus (4.5 million, all tier tokens will be yours + loot we dont need) *** We accept payment on most big servers *** Prices can and will be changed as the time goes by so feel free to poke me about them along the way. For additional information about the boost and scheduling whisper Talho#2887 and I will provide all the answers in game. Hope to see you soon! :)Talho3 12h
13h Pet Peeves #19 keep it goin pet peeve: goblins have less polygons than night elf boobsBelok402 13h
13h Druid Moot call 25th March, 8 realm time The call; ... The first meet would be next Sunday, 29th October, 8 realm time, ground level of the Nighthaven Inn. The idea is simple, meet up, discuss, create rp and hand out small Druid specific quests (although they may be handed to a Druid, there is nothing to say it could not be taken back to respective guilds as the Druid may need assistance and have other druids join in on the events cross guild, it’s up to the persons who accept the quest how they take it forward, of course the theme of respect for nature would need to be followed). These quests would need to be completed before the next moot and information then fed back to the collective. Some 'quests' may be exclusive for druids, but this would be notified beforehand. All quests will be sandbox in nature and are designed to only give guidance and an opportunity to get some Druid style rp started between individuals interested. A few I will open up the moot with are below (but others feel free to request to have some added); ... Any who would like to have their own ideas put forward, please feel free. I would imagine not all quests may be taken up and this is just a starting point as we begin. Other possible ideas may be pilgrimages, attempts to cleanse corruption within an area or others. Each 'quest' that would be offered would be put on the forum post to allow people to see what is on offer and organise the best time and place to meet. All I'd ask is that whoever would like to take a leading role in DM'ing, let themselves be known (first come first serve), to let other druids know to contact you. The first meet up I expect to be short, any who wish to speak I’d ask if we can all take it one person at a time and as it’s cross faction, keep emotes to a minimum to help stop spamming on raid chat. Anything else others would think appropriate to be added, please just let me know. ...Akulé15 13h
14h The Limits of Engineering What are the limits of engineering in World of Warcraft? Seemingly extraordinary engineering feats such as an entire town packed into a box or a helmet bestowing superhuman intellect on a previously primitive beast are treated as more of a joke than anything while at the same time the Horde and Alliance military both struggle with fairly simple weaponry commonly malfunctioning. I also often see roleplayers with prosthetics that function exactly like or even better than their oganic counterpart. Similarly, semi-automatic or full-automatic guns are cropping up left and right. The reason I'm asking is because I wanted to play an engineering character who attempts to make a living by creating elaborate display pieces for wealthy customers. (To give you a general idea, I included links below.) The character would strive to create increasingly life-like automatons with the ultimate (and very much insane) dream of theirs being a world where everything has been replaced by mechanical wonders. Engineering weakness away is their motto. However, this concept makes no sense if engineers in WoW can already do far greater things with relative ease and frequency. Here are some examples: 14h
15h LF the name "Matthew" or "Matt" Hey, what's up. If anyone happens to know the guy who has the name "Matthew" or "Matt" it'd be really cool if they could let me know. I'd really like it. My bnet is Joshey#21850 Thanks in advance.Lawson18 15h
17h [OOC-Initiative] Helping RPers get into Arenas/PvP Hey AD, With the start of the new season I thought of launching a small initiative for all the RPers out there who’re either very new to Arenas/PvP or at least curious but never really got into it due to different reasons (too stressful, no partners, the pitiful state of the LFG tool for newcomers). Why specifically RPers? For one, it’s simply the part of the WoW community I move around and care most about. Another reason is that I observed a reluctance to check out Arenas or more competitive PvP in general especially in those circles, even though there is clear interest. The general idea behind this initiative is quite simple: Higher rated players help less experienced players take their first step into the Arenas by playing with them, helping them improve, give advice, cap and thus generally get them interested. Note that this is by no means a way to get a free boost or even a regular arena partner. There’s other ways for that. This is solely meant to give newbies some support because the current PvP community can be quite relentless/it’s generally a bit hard to get into when you are in an RP guild. ... Any thoughts and comments on this initiative are much appreciated.Kunzel4 17h
17h RP Stereotypes Hit them down,Telmen171 17h
17h [Forsaken RP] The Rotgarde reaps... [Thread #10] ... ... ... ... The Rotgarde is still recruiting Forsaken to join us in loyal service to the Forsaken nation as we march joyously onwards towards a reunification of the seven lost kingdoms of mankind under the omnibenevolent WARCHIEF Sylvanas Windrunner. As well as portraying an aggressive & nationalist segment of the greater Forsaken army (including frequent RP PVP events, both restricted or otherwise) the Rotgarde's fervent support of the Forsaken regime serves to place them as a minor power vying for political favour amongst the Dark Lady's court, where they hope their heroism in battle might elevate them to dizzy heights. This opens the door for RP based around politics, faith, factionalism, etc - so there is (hopefully) something for everyone. We have an AA profile over at that has further information For recruitment purposes you can contact Perroy, Shauna, Daleryn, Grimace, Belshaw or myself, though any other member should be able to point you in the right direction.Valter124 17h
17h LF the name Steelfeather Hi folks, Title says it all - armory search would indicate it's a low level character who has the name, so if you happen to have it please drop a reply here or mail me in game and we can chat. Much love, BellirBellir0 17h
17h RP Confessions Hi! I was curious if you guys have any confessions to make about bad habits or things you sometimes do when RPing, that you know you shouldn't? I am curious to see what bad habits you all got, and how many we share in common. Here is my bad habit: ... Anyone else do something like that? Please tell me I am not alone.Sophena99 17h
18h Guild Concept: Crime Investigation Hi there, Argent Dawn, enjoying your spell of drama on a Tuesday? I'm here to pitch a guild idea I'm looking to create, my first ever guild in fact! I have been wrestling with this idea for a few months now, but never found myself with the time to dedicate to it. Now seems as good a time as any to make this, but I'm more stuck with the question on what faction to make it. Now, on with the concept. The Concept The idea of this guild is inspired by detective novels and series. It aims to provide a non-combat, non-military alternative while yet providing interesting events that allow for ample character development, and not just to people in the guild. The structure of the guild is centered around events, so called "cases", each case will be announced publicly on the AA and forums as a post, detailing some kind of crime (murder, theft, defacing, vandalism), along with noting that the guild has taken up the task to solve this crime. The event itself would be fully pre-planned, with all hints, clues and evidence already neatly described in a document that only I have access to. The members of the guild are only given a description of the scene, and it is then up to them to find the clues, and connect the dots. After they've made their conclusions, the event continues on. The outcome is fully down to the members, whether they solve it correctly or not, is not something I will say - as any outcome is a legitimate one. I also want the guild to be able to provide RP to more than just the insular of the guild itself. Since the crimes will be announced publicly, it'll give your character something to talk about in the worst case. In the best case, your character can play a role (a witness, a victim, or perhaps the perpetrator!) Cases may also be related to one another as part of a bigger mystery; this will also be up to the members to figure out. Clues will be added, but the guild itself must figure out the pattern that connects the crimes. The guild itself is going to remain relatively small, I intend for a core of people no larger than 10 to keep the events tidy and manageable. I myself will take a backseat, my character will not officially lead the guild, and will just be another detective. Since I hold all the clues, my character will only be there as a sort of failsafe, in case the guild gets completely stuck to the point it would be detrimental to the enjoyment of the event. The big question! Do you like the idea of this? And if you do, would you prefer to join this guild on a Horde or Alliance character. Your reaction matters here, because it will play a big part in what faction I choose to make it on. Personally I'd like to bring some life to Horde, but I worry there may not be enough players to sustain this guild. I feel the concept naturally fits Alliance more, so I'm torn. Help me out here! Much love, SophenaSophena35 18h
18h [A-RP] Priory of the Holy Light Priory of the Holy Light intends to be an active, high quality Church of the Holy Light guild. We will seek to provide an enjoyable and engaging experience in the Cathedral of Light, but also do events across Azeroth in conjunction with persisting narratives that will take the guild away from being a ‘Sit in Stormwind’ guild. We are to be a strictly holy priest RPer only guild, that doesn’t mean priest class only, but those who RP the priests and monks of the Church of the Holy Light. (We are open to a shadow priest or two who is infiltrated in the church, but we’d ask you let us know that’s what you’re planning on RPing.) Purpose of the Priory of the Holy Light: To provide a stable organised structure to Cathedral Square To reflect the tenets and views of the Church of the Holy Light – Peace, Justice, Altruistic Works, Respect, Tenacity and Compassion. To provide the community with access to regular, entertaining and high-quality ceremonies including but not restricted to; weekly sermons, Wedding ceremonies & funeral services. To eschew injustice through just and measured actions. To assure everyone that Archbishop Benedictus is not an evil shadow prophet but is actually just cleansing the Onyx Dragonshrine. Honestly, people believe any rumours these days. I mean, what about that one where Tirion Fordring lied to us and the Lich King is not just alive but is Boldvar Fordragon. Structure of the Priory of the Holy Light: As we know only a limited idea of the structure of the Church of the Holy Light, e.g. Archbishop is the leader but MIA, Bishops come after that, and High-Priestess seems to be a person in the Cathedral then there are your standard priests and no doubts initiate and acolytes we’re going to use the following structure: High Priest – GM rank as well as the top available rank for other guild members. Limited to a maximum of 2. Priest – A fully ordained member of the church able to lead most ceremonies and carries out the majority of the duties surrounding the sustaining of the church. Deacon – An ordained member of the church, expected to assist in most ceremonies and works with the priests to carry out duties that keep the church operational on a daily basis. Initiate – Initiates are those who have gone on to become a part of the church. They learn to wield the Light to heal wounds and learn of what it requires to be an ordained member of the Church. Acolyte – A person who devotes their life to the study of the Light’s philosophy. Acolytes don’t necessarily go on to wield the Light but act as a learned base and outreach for the church. This rank is exempt from the requisite of you roleplaying a holy priest but there will be expectations that have yet to be decided upon exactly. How to join: Priory of the Holy Light is only open to Holy Priests (unless you seek to join the acolyte rank to study the Light’s Philosophy). We are also only open to Human, Dwarf and High Elf characters, with a good background and consideration for the abnormality for the character’s place, we’ll accept Gnomes and Draenei, with exceptional reasoning and consideration we’ll accept Night Elf and Lightforged. We will not accept void elves (Is High Elf IC can be looked into). In order to join you need to simply approach a Priest or High Priest in the Cathedral of Light and express your interest in assisting in running of the Cathedral and we’ll take it from there IC. We welcome new RPers though we strongly recommend that you start in either the Acolyte or Initiate rank. You will be able to join at any of the ranks we offer depending on your characters background but you will need to be more impressive to join at higher ranks as we hope that members can aspire towards the rp quality of our leadership. Guild rules: OOC - Know when enough is enough: Your fellow guild members are there to enjoy the guild, be mindful of that an if it is pointed out to you that you’re going too far with something stop. We don’t expect you to break your back to make everyone as happy as possible all the time, but common sense and decency goes a long way. IC – Act in accordance with the tenets and virtues: Peace, Justice, Altruistic Works, Respect, Tenacity and Compassion. In short, don’t kick puppies, don’t incite violence, don’t act dishonestly. If you are thought to be in breach of these guidelines you’ll be called to the High Priest(s) to justify your position and possibly be subject to punishment ranging from a waring all the way up to being turned over to authorities, depending on the transgression. FAQ: In this section I’ll try to keep up with the questions that I think are particularly good yet don’t justify an edit to the original post. To kick off with I’ll drop one that has floated up to me several times as I’ve spit balled this guild idea with other people; Q: Will anyone be forbidden to enter the Cathedral? A: No, the two biggest affronts to what the Light stands for are Death Knights and Void Elves. Varian Wrynn decreed that Death Knights were to be treated equally to all other members of the alliance as they were fallen heroes returned to fight once more. Void Elves have the backing of Lady Windrunner behind them as well as a place in the Alliance as offered by King Anduin. As such we won’t forbid entry to anyone, though we may well ask anyone to leave depending on the circumstance.Bellten14 18h
20h <H-RP> <Nightborne> - Duskwatch Outriders ... INTRODUCTION After the defeat of Grand Magistrix Elisande, Captain Styrros Stargazer of the Duskwatch pledged loyalty to First Arcanist Thalyssra. Attempting to restore his honor and wanting to break away from millennia of confinement inside Suramar, he requested the formation of Duskwatch Outriders – a light cavalry unit, which would take to the Horde frontlines to cement their newly forged union with the nightborne. Eventually his request was formally granted by the restructured military leadership and Stargazer issued the call to anyone who wanted to bring glory to their kind and prove themselves as their homeland’s finest. ROLE WITHIN THE MILITARY The Outriders will enter the field of battle upon their manasabers, scouting, skirmishing and attempting to disrupt the enemy spellcasters long before the engagement of the main forces. While conflicts are at halt, they will forge ties with various Horde races, procure relevant strategic information for Suramar and finally, attempt to understand what kind of alliance has Thalyssra gotten their kind into. HIERARCHY The hierarchy of Duskwatch Outriders is kept simple. The unit also claims no authority over any other structures within nightborne military hierarachy, however only the Captain of Duskwatch and his lieutenants may issue orders to fellow Outriders. The ranks are as follows: Captain Lieutenant (Currently looking for capable lieutenants!) Veteran Outrider Outrider Aspirant GUILD ACTIVITY RP activities will include: trainings diplomatic roleplay weekly or bi-weekly events dealing with traveling and dangerous missions participation in RP-PVP events. CODE OF CONDUCT Please always think before you act. Remain polite and respectful to people both in the guild and out of guild. In case of conflicts, please be sure to not leave anything behind the curtains and contact either the guild leader or his fellow officers. Do not let IC conflicts spill over into OOC ones. Do not roleplay a godlike character, invincible to damage and slashing off people's heads in one swoop. Please be aware of roleplaying etiquette and remember that you are representing the guild at all times. HOW TO JOIN This is easy. Just whisper Styrros (or leave a mail or add me on VenomSnake#2596) or any lieutenant of the guild to undergo an interview. During the interview, you will be asked about the background of your character which weave in with the lore of Warcraft, and requested to engage in an emote duel to test your literary skills (of course to a certain extent, nobody will be asked to write War and Peace length emotes). MISC INFORMATION The Outriders will be obliged to use manasabers as their mounts. There is no strict code of uniform, but Nightborne lvl 110 armor set will be extremely good to have. In case you don't have it available, please consider dark purple as your color of choice (I.e. Doomplate armor, 20h
20h Your Favourite Magic Recently I've been thinking of some of the different ways that people portray magic (the magical magic kind) in litterature. Be it movies, books or even in RP, people have many different ways they prefer or portray their magical spells. As an example, I really love the style that the Warcraft movies portray magic, as far away from in-game as it is, it looks cool. But it could also be the way magic is described in books like Harry Potter. Are the descriptions or ways magic is used in such a setting very intriguing or perhaps it's dull for you? I've even read a book once where flutes and music were methods of summoning inert magical powers to perform feats of sorcery. So I would like to ask you, what kind of magical "system" is your favorite, and is there a reason for why it is?Emberweaver31 20h
21h Khaz Modan Shudders <The Ironcore Regiment> CURRENTLY: IRONFORGE SOON: SOUTHERN BARRENS When in Ironforge: You can catch our members inbetween patrols or RPing along these routes! <The Ironcore Regiment> For Khaz Modan! The Ironcore Regiment hope to provide something immersive and thrilling for both the Dwarven and Gnomish RP communities as they stand today. Focussing on the union between the Dwarf clans aswell as the Gnomish Exiles the Ironcore Regiment is a guild that serves the interests of Khaz Modan first and foremost. As tensions rise and lead to conflict the mountains of Khaz Modan shall forever serve as a vital barrier between the Eastern Kingdoms, we seek to see the provinces and people of the mountains prosper in times of war. Aswell as see the needs of Ironforge and Gnomeregan met on foreign war-fronts. Divisions! (NEW) There are three divisions that members will be split into within Ironcore. The Iron Guard: This divisions is for the standard rank-and-file members who will occupy the front lines on the field of battle, the most militaristic and traditional of the divisions. The Iron Watch: This division is for the skirmishers, scouts, and saboteurs - a rank for intelligence gatherers and more hit-and-run operations. It relies on its members to be mobile and skilled. Specialists: The final division is for everything else that contributes to the Ironcore, be it logistically or by some other specialist function. Ranks: (From Lowest to Highest) Prospect: Currently this rank serves as our OOC placeholder rank, anybody who is a 'Prospect' is still awaiting IC introduction to the guild by an officer. Conscript:The basic member of Ironcore, a starting stone for all as they look towards earning a name for themselves in the Regiments ranks. Private:The first official and admirable promotion earned by a member, usually awarded to people who are active throughout a certain time period both IC and OOC. Lance-Corporal:A big jump from Private to Lance-Corporal is made by members who are known by the guild as being always there: the active and excellent RPers within Ironcore who have a lot to be proud of. Sergeant:The lowest ranking officer who is responsible for hosting events, keeping things in order, and recruiting new budding Dwarves and Gnomes into the ranks - aswell as having the same activity and presence as the Lance-Corporal. - They are second in command of Divisions behind Captains. Captain:The highest tier of officer so there shall only be three Captains at a time, one for each division. The most is expected of this rank in terms of contribution to the guild in both the IC and OOC setting. General: Me! Whilst I shall come to ALL members for insights into what direction to take the guild, it's my responsibility first and foremost to direct the Regiment onwards! Reasons to consider Ironcore: Dwarves, Gnomes, and soon to be Dark Irons. Rich and thrilling races with lots of potential in the fantasy setting - all together in one place! Roleplay made for roleplay: We want quality, not to show off or to act in a way that pleases anything but our own enjoyment of the game as a medium for roleplaying. Something new: We have a few quirks and procedures that we are going to slowly drip into the guild that will feed fully self-lead roleplay that doesn't require you to wait for an officer to log on and host an event or tell you what to do! (more to come) Durability: I'm not going to jinx it, but it's not a guild that'll be gone in a week. We want to make something you can put your character in safetly knowing that you're going to have an active group of people to enjoy RPing with, for as long as the forseeable future allows. Donall78 21h
22h [H-RP] Will of the Warlords Will of the Warlords is a roleplaying guild on the Horde. It is a task force group established by Legionnaire Tazkram, composing all races of the Horde. Each member a champion in name, bound together by a fierce loyalty to the Horde (at least as far as anyone can tell). Will of the Warlords is a story heavy guild, that will aim to have 3 events a week. Each event starting where the last ended (unless otherwise agreed). Said days will most likely be Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays, going from 20:00 to 23:00 server time. What is unique about Will of the Warlords (WotW)? WotW will bring storylines, where the roleplayers decide which path to take to succeed (or not). As soon as the group has left Tazkram’s office, and set out to accomplish their task, they are then free to choose how to go about it. Will you use the tools given to you, or will you create your own tools? The medal system (currently on hiatus). There will be a plethora of medals to obtain. Each requiring different things to be fulfilled. Such medals can be about teamwork, cunning or caretaking of the team’s pack kodo. Each medal is favoured by the warlords differently, some have more respect for a champion whom have obtain the medal of the wolf, others may frown upon the medal’s worth. ‘Game of Warlords’. The warlords, Wormgut, Steelgrin, Axehorn, Wolfshadow and Ironfoot, each vie for power in the council of warlords. Your character can decide to align with a warlord, and attempt to gain their direct favour. Warlords love having champions, they will confide with their champions and give them boons (outfits, banners, mounts, certain privileges). But be careful not to step on their toes either, as you may find your life shortened or your name tarnished. This concept shall be expanded upon in the second post. Ranking system. Each member is a champion, there are no apparent difference in your ranks. However, being favoured or disfavoured will change how other members view your character. The only ranks above you, are the Blood Guard, Legionnaire and the Warlords. The Blood Guard being the ‘team leader’ of the task force. How do I join WotW? Recruitment is currently CLOSED Your character must be suited to call themselves a champion. Not necessarily a ‘champion of the people’, but proficient enough in a trade, that makes them worthy of the title. Write a dossier, that a warlord may wish to read in this thread. Should your character and interest be there, we will contact you here or in-game. All Horde races and classes may be accepted. Who can I contact about joining? Tazkram, Gorgashi or any available member online who may gude you to us. If none of these options are available in-game, do leave a post below.Tazkram99 22h
1d [H-RP]The Frozen Paw Clan - Another one. A noticeboard has been erected in Orgrimmar to help the clan and it's members remain up to speed with what's going on - this board is open to the public for viewing and posting of various tasks and on-goings. ...Rogmasha356 1d