Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
19 Aug Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859137676 and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua71 19 Aug
25 Jun History of Argent Dawn Updated May 28th 2017, 04:02 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#1 2005 - post 2 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#2 2006 - post 4 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#4 2007 - post 5 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#5 2008 - post 6 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#6 2009 - post 8 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#8 2010 - post 9 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#9 2011 - post 10 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#10 2012 - post 11 & 12 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#11 2013 - post 13 & 14 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#13 2014 - post 15 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#15 2015 - post 17 & 18 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#17 2016 - post 19 & 20 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#19Shevron285 25 Jun
1h Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn Considering Legebril is ending his maintenance on the raiding progression thread, I thought I'd continue to do it. I will also continue to work with the old format because it's a nice format. If your guild isn't in yet, please do give a shout by mentioning your progress on this thread! Old link with tiers prior to Legion: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6200811339 ... ... Mythic 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Normal/Heroic -Brutus98 1h
1h Agtherian's Arcane Addendum - Beginner Arcane RP Guide! ... Hello, Argent Dawn! I previously made a guide on Arcane magic. It covered Arcane well enough but it was in dire need of touching up. The lore has since changed and rather than bump a dead thread, I figured I'd make a new one. I'm creating this guide to help people determine what the Arcane is, what it can do, and if it'd be fun to roleplay. There are a fair few people who are interested in roleplaying with the Arcane but don't really understand it, so this is more aimed at them. Saying that, the first section is less about roleplay and more about the lore of the Arcane. If you believe yourself to have a good grasp, you can skip it. But I'd advise rereading it to make sure that you're up to snuff with recent changes made to the lore. With that, let's begin at the basics. Contents 1 - Arcane and It's origins1.1 - Arcane and Azeroth 1.2 - Arcane and Mana 2 - Arcane and It's Laws2.1 - Arcane and Weaving Spells 2.2 - Arcane and The Schools 3 - Arcane and It's Application3.1 - Arcane and Power 3.2 Arcane and Everyone Else 4 - Arcane Afterthoughts-Sources 1. Arcane and It's OriginsTo understand where the Arcane comes from, you first need to know how the universe works. Azeroth, the world your Mage will most probably inhabit, is just another speck of dirt in a vast universe. It adheres to the same rules everywhere else does. Those rules are governed by six cosmic forces; Light, Shadow, Life, Death, Order and Disorder. Arcane derives from the forces of Order. That is to say, the power of the Arcane comes from wielding it with precision and disciplined concentration. Fel, the antithesis of Arcane and it's opposite, derives from Disorder. These two were born from the forces of Light and Shadow clashing, the chaotic mashing of the two forces forming the universe as we know it. With the creation of the universe came the eventual birth of the race, the Titans. These creatures roamed the universe, composed of primordial matter and arcane power. The very embodiment of Order, they could reshape worlds and quell raging spirits all across the universe.. They were born as world-souls, their goal to help other world-souls reach a state of maturity where they could travel the cosmos. They eventually happened upon Azeroth. 1.1 Arcane and AzerothThis is the world that is home to many different races and many different magics. It's also a Titan in a world-shaped egg but for now we'll continue to focus on the Arcane and how the two are tied. When the Titans arrived at Azeroth, they noticed malefic creatures attached to it. These cancerous lifeforms currently embedding themselves into Azeroth were Old Gods. Their one purpose is to corrupt the sleeping world-soul. Realising what a threat these Old Gods posed, a Titan reached down to the surface and tore an Old God from the world. In doing so, the Titan ripped open a wound on Azeroth and it's arcane life essence began to flow forth. The Titan's, in a bid to close the wound, created the Well of Eternity via wards which allowed the wound to settle, giving it balance and allowing it's power to seep into the world. 1.2 Arcane and ManaI will gloss over the majority of the story that led to the Well's destruction. It's stuff your Mage can research in-character and only important for the sake of knowing a major event. A race of trolls lived besides the Well after it's creation, and they eventually became what we call the Kaldorei (Night Elves) and after another few millennia they nearly reached levels of power that could rival the Titans, all thanks to the Arcane. They were domineering with their control of magic, going so far as to arrange marriages to strengthen their bloodlines with potent mages. (As a side-note, this does in fact imply that an affinity for the Arcane is hereditary, but as proven by many characters in lore, not required to be powerful. Your mage can come from nothing or be born from a long lineage of magi.) Eventually their indulgent use of the Arcane drew in forces from beyond Azeroth and caused an unprecedented invasion unlike anything seen by a mortal race yet. The resulting war led to the Well of Eternity's destruction and in aftermath of the Well's implosion, sundered the world. Quick Disclaimer: This brief section is a combination of both lore and speculation. I'll try to keep it clear which is which, but both use lore as their basis. Mana is the fuel for your Mage's spells, so here is some minor information on what a Mage uses. Lore: Mana is essentially a secondary form of stamina. The more of it you expend, the more drained you'll be. The character will become sluggish and visibly tired and spells cannot be maintained indefinitely. If your Mage is somehow reliant on mana to sustain themselves (in the form of spells) and they are drained of it, they may die. These are extreme cases. Speculation: Mana is naturally generated from the cosmic forces of the universe (Light/Shadow/Order etc) converging onto one point and forming a extremely large vortice of mana. This allows people to tap into this force and use it to turn Mana into the Arcane. The best metaphor to use is to compare Mana to water and the Arcane to steam. Your Mage is just forcing a "chemical" reaction. End of speculation. 2. Arcane and It's Laws Now that we have some understanding of where the magic comes from and how you bring it into being, these is one more step before you even consider what race, schools, or personality you decide for your mage. The four laws. Every practitioner of the Arcane will adhere to these laws. These are not enforced laws, but they are fundamental to the beliefs of Arcane's use and define it. ... These are the rules given by every Mage trainer to beginners in a letter. These are meant as a warning. If your mage chooses to ignore these warnings, they will set themselves on a road to either glory or downfall. If your Mage outright chooses not to believe in these laws, that's fine too. But they'd possibly far more destructive and irresponsible with their use of magic, causing them to draw the unwanted attention of others. There is a fifth law, The Law of Sympathy, but this one is not a warning. Although if your character is cowardly enough, they may take it into consideration. When someone handles an item, they leave a part of their magical aura attached to it. When a person continues to use the same item over and over, the stronger their 'sympathy' to the item becomes. As everyone has a unique aura, this means the item with traces of the aura can actually be tracked. Articles of clothing, written books, locks of hair, these can all be traced back to Mages who use them over and over. 2.1 Arcane and Weaving Spells Now we get into the good stuff, casting arcane magic. There are many different examples of different ways to cast magic. Some spells use grand hand gestures, some use verbal components in a language many do not understand, others rely on reagents along with carved runic patterns. Whatever your character chooses to use, even if it's a combination of all of the above, it needs to be used in some form to cast a spell. This is what makes a mage so versatile. Even if they're bound and gagged, with a wiggle of their fingers they can free themselves easily out of conventional bindings. If a mage is Silenced, a magical affliction through curse or spell, they will not be able to use any form of magic. There are many prisons and bindings that sever a mage from their connection to the Arcane. It will then fall to you to use your quick wits to get out of that situation quickly. Even if your Mage is not an alchemist, they can create a gem to tap into and recover some of their spent mana to keep soldiering on. These are mainly used for Mages who have run out of mana and are in a pinch, such as the middle of combat or to prevent someone draining the entirety of their reserves. That does not mean your Mage has to be a combatant though. There are many aspects which can be explored which allows them to avoid combat entirely. The potency is always there. If you're stuck for examples of magic to use in roleplay, simply look to your action bar. Think about how hard the spell would be for your character to use. An apprentice would not be able to make himself invisible instantly, but an archmage would have no issues.Agtherian66 1h
13 Jul Roleplaying Guild Map Hello Argent Dawn. I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way. As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track. So what is this? This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see. The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds. Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red. How do i create / manage my guild? Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time. Why are you making this? As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood. I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out. Do i need to make an account to see / use this? The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots. The email usually ends up in junkmail. If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account. I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454) Link the website: https://www.glaive-star.com Much love <3Adriloth85 13 Jul
03 Jul Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the battle.net forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz458 03 Jul
24 Jun Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Dawnmantle (Research, artifact hunting, pro Quel'Thalas/Horde) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Silvermoon Guard Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Crimson Caravan (Trading company / Horde auxiliary force) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Dark Eye Clan (outcast clan trying to survive) Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Order of the Raven Blood (independent order, adventurers) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Sacrilegious School (Occultism, outcasts, spellweaver criminals) Shadowmoon Pact (New Horde clan, welcoming warlocks and demon hunters too) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers. Strictly business.) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) The Valiant Accord (Adventurers and mercenaries against the Legion) Valiant Blade (Mercenaries on the Broken Isles) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Fel Hunt (Illidari) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Elvhenan (Military, assistance force) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Evenhold (Knights, refugees. Not taking evil classes. Lordaeron races only) Keepers of the Drassili (Protection of nature, races beyond Nelf also welcome) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Knights of the Isle (Knightly order) Highwave Irregulars (Kul Tirasian naval military/trade, not directly Alliance) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Northmist Company (Alliance, but close connection to the Argent Dawn) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Silver Archaeology Co (Explorer's League organisation) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Ace Platoon (Alliance Elite homeguard) The Chapter of Embers (Human, Dwarf, Worgen - holy order, military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Seventh Penal Company (Penal military) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Penal military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Bronzebrew Company (Trade) The Crooked Peace (Criminal) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Outblades (Relic hunters, mercenaries, thieves) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Ivorystar Academy (Mage school, Kirin Tor aligned) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) The Silver Charge (Silver Hand knights and some allies) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) The Synaari Pact (Freeform) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone183 24 Jun
11m It's Friday! Previous thread https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12130212940?page=1 It's that time of the week again folks! http://sieni.es/28 What are you going to do during the weekend?Boush201 11m
14m Exodar RP Hub arise! Pre-History After a brief initiative of the Astranaar RP hub and with the recent&upcomming events of BfA expansion as well as the loss of elven territories, the Astranaar RP Hub has been transformed into Exodar RP Hub. You can learn more of the previous initiative here: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619992111?page=1 What is Exodar RP Hub? Exodar RP Hub is both IC/OOC community that is mainly focused on boosting up the life, activity and stories within the Exodar and around it (Azermyst isle, Bloodmyst isle). With the recent & upcoming events of BfA, the Exodar will become an isolated and also one of the few remaining lands that oppose the Horde. The main focus here is to bring the RP & population of the Exodar up. It doesn't much matter, how this will be put in practice, as long as there are people who RP and generate RP events for the others, everyone wins. Be a refugee that has escaped the warfront? Or a greedy merchant that wants to earn those delicious gold coins on the tradegy of the others? Mayhap you are one of those keen souls that helps the others selflessly. Or maybe you want to put Exodar in use as FOB for your operations against the horde? Opportunities here are endless and there's no need to sail across the entire Azeroth! What for? Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) Stormwind is one of those cities that has been a main RP zone from the beginning. Whilst on the Horde side, RPers actively reside in both Silvermoon and Orgrimmar and even Undercity. With the upcoming expansion, the Exodar is a highly potentional ground for RP and such shall not be missed. How does it work? It works in a similar fashion as it worked before with Astranaar RP Hub. Anyone is encouraged to dive into the city's life. Those, who want to partake in or arrange events, may join our discord server. Discord is mainly serves as a communication hub, where people may suggest, discuss, arrange and so on, so on. It also does the diplomacy functions between the guilds, so that the coop-events could have been done with much ease. When? The sooner the better. The Sha'ur, which hosts the initiative, already resides within Azure Watch and supports the Exodar. Anyone is welcome to join us here and the sooner, the better! What now? Finally, the Hub has been transformed into Exodar RP Hub and its gates are available. Those who want to join, may use this link: https://discord.gg/7pyMKjj to join. Once you join the hub, make sure to drop a message in <Entrance-Pass> channel, one of the admins or moderators will assign a tag. Without the tag, you will not be able to communicate with the others. It is also highly advisable to read, understand and follow the rules of the server, otherwise, you will be issued a warning and if such repeats, a kick/ban from the server. Can I help? Of course! The more, the merrier, as the saying goes. Just contact Lenoir (aka me) and we can discuss it! Additionally, if you have any ideas, suggestions or feedback, I highly encourage you to leave it here or in <feedback-suggestions> channel on the forum. This thread will be edited/updated with more information later. Lenoir13 14m
15m [A-RP] A letter sent to the King "Dearest Anduin Wrynn, I, Poe Westmill, should like to ask if you're interested going on a date with me. Signed, willing Citizen."Millihie9 15m
16m [Troll RP] Wardrums - Discord and now a Community Group ... I would like to introduce a new community discord for troll roleplay. Wardrums is a channel name with a heritage stretching back years in the form of an ingame channel of the same name. I was there, nearing a decade ago when it was created as a means to organise and discuss wholesome troll roleplay between guilds, individuals, and to foster a community spirit. I want to see that it serves the same purpose again today. The rules are fairly simple and moderation is done with a light touch. ... We're all very excited for the release of Battle for Azeroth™. I anticipate that the long awaited inclusion of Zandalar and the Zandalari trolls as a playable race will bring many new faces to our fold. Therefore, I would like to extend a warm welcome to anybody that is thinking about rolling a troll character in the coming future. Please take advantage of the channel's features. Familiarise yourself with other troll RPers and make use of the advertisements board, which is a public platform for any and all to spread word of their events, guilds and random RP. Spirits guide. Update: With the introduction of in-game Communities, the legacy of Wardrums has expanded and we now have a group there you can join. Follow the url or just paste the code below straight into your game interface: ...Hanazu13 16m
18m (N-RP) The Argent Initiative Greetings Argent Dawn. TL;DR: I want to bring Argents together into a community this is not a guild. You may of seen me around but allow me to introduce myself. I am IC Captain Imbramus Gaunt, a Peacekeeper and Captain of the Argent Crusade and Order of the Silver Hand and I have a dream and plan. I have wanted to bring Argents, Silver Hands, Brothers of Light and other neutral orders together or more closer to build up a true community be you guilded or unguilded, Current or former. I hope to tie this closely with the Call of the Silver Hand that already exists. I have begun with my plan of monthly Argent Summits following the second emergency one, giving a way for people to discuss matters, or be summoned to emergency summits for important lore matters that affect Azeroth's safety and of it's peoples. This hope also includes trying to build up a community that uses the Plaguelands to it's full, from Tyr's Hand to Light's Hope all the way to Hearthglen and even Uthers Tomb, hoping to bring people of all classes, races, military or not together to really build something. Caithalyn has an Argent Discord that exists for those seeking others and also runs Argent Tornaments: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617016768?page=1 Alecander has set up an ingame community for Argents!: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/m9wZb7U0kx?region=EU&faction=Alliance Dark times are coming and in these times the Eternal Crusade will march on, united. I hope to bring people together, create new RP and give the neutral scene a flexible vibe to it, really having some question what is the right thing to do. Please discuss and give me your thoughts on my Initiative. Light Bless you all.Ibramgaunt2 18m
20m Argent Dawn and Warmode Hey everyone! So starting this wednesday when the new 8.0 patch is released, Warmode will be available on Argent Dawn. This basically means that you can set your environment to PVP in a capitol and you get all sorts of extras like extra 10% xp, extra skills you can use while levelling and fun bonus games like GTA style bounty hunter system and airdrops. More info here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21901729/battle-for-azeroth-preview-war-mode-pvp-talents-and-more By the way after a very long silence and some vague messaging Blizzard has confirmed that Warmode will be on RP servers with a key difference, you won't be fighting people from other servers, only your own server. So are you in? Personally I think it's fantastic. I used to play on RP-PVP servers, but as the game became less popular and these servers started to dwindle in population it became a hard choice between an empty server with some RP guilds and a packed server with no RP-PVP environment. Now with warmode we can have both! I'm definatly looking forward to many battles out in the dangerous wilds!Batur120 20m
33m [A-Community] - The Light Protectorate/Interest Check Hello Argent Dawn! For a while I've had a nagging idea in the back of my head for what I've wanted to do with The Light Protectorate as a guild. With the announcement of communities with BfA, I figured now might be the perfect time to launch that concept. The Light Protectorate is an Alliance based, Light based community whose interests focus on eradicating the true evils of Azeroth; those who have murdered and pillaged their way across two continents and show no signs of remorse. The Horde. Too often is the Light directed as a force of neutrality and as a beacon of sympathy. Too often is it forgotten that Paladins of the Light, and in hand, all warriors of the Light, originally lifted their swords and their shields to battle the Orcs who'd brought nothing but destruction and chaos to Azeroth. The Light Protectorate serves not only as a shield for those have suffered at the hands of the Horde, but as a sword to strike down those who would raze and pillage and plague their way across the continents. On an OOC level, why? As an Alliance player, I've seen many Light based guilds come and go. I've seen many characters whose interests are based in the Light, but their guild is otherwise driven and they're not happy to pull their character from that kind of guild to support a Light based guild. As a community, this bridges that gap. There is no need for a character who is religious to forgo their guild to join something that may just be some flavour to their character. However, we hope to build on that flavour, turn it into meaningful character development and give purpose and reason to that aspect of the character. The biggest issue I have and I know many other players will have with this concept is bringing all these characters together. Each guild has their own event schedule and this will lead to scheduling being a massive pain. That said; we aim to provide any events with a decent advance warning; at least a month. Where do you guys come in? This is going to be a community driven effort. I will devote what time I have possible to this; but I expect this community to be (mostly) self-sustaining in regards to their drive for progression and events. Ranks and positions within The Light Protectorate is also being considered, as I anticipate it working somewhat like an order. What I need most is your input and your feedback on the concept. I'm always happy for the criticism and I'd like to hear your opinions and your disposition towards such a concept!Lawes0 33m
35m Escape from Teldrassil! [A-RP Server Event] Introduction: Hi Argent Dawn! With the upcoming pre-patch coming and then Battle for Azeroth coming shortly after I've come together with a couple of people to put together an event chain in reaction to the burning of Teldrassil by the Horde forces. After the destruction of the Kaldorei Capital City by what is presumed to be the Horde forces, to my understanding from reading, and looking through information provided by blizzard. Either way we know at the least that Teldrassil is burning down, and Kalimdor will be gripped! By the iron hold of the Horde. The point of these events would be to provide RPers of Kalimdor a way to RP out their journeys to Stormwind as refugees. Giving them time to grieve, reflect, and think on what had just occurred. While the events that are hosted by myself and possibly others will have interesting interactions, challenges, and other situations to overcome as men and women of the Alliance! The event chain should last about three days possibly more. IC Introduction: ... Dates: *****NOTIFICATION: WE'VE GAINED NEW KNOWLEDGE IT WILL HAPPEN ON AUGUST 2ND THE DATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED***** August 2nd- 8PM Server Time: The forces of Stormwind and those who have volunteered from the Alliance will gather at the harbor. Preparing to leave and cross the sea towards the burning city of Teldrassil! Those within Kalimdor and Teldrassil will be within a separate raid where they will need to find a safe place within the war torn region, setting up a beach head and waiting for the ships to arrive and save them! August 3rd - 8PM Server Time: The ships from Stormwind will arrive in Kalimdor and Teldrassil gazing upon the burning city.. They will then have to search for the remaining survivors so that they could bring them home. These events will include combat, survival, emotion, the possibility of death (Your choice), and hard IC choices to make, there will be Elves, Gilneans, and many more that needs saving there will be plenty of sad events to occur. August 4th - 8PM Server Time: Since none of these events will be pre-planned and will be entirely left up to the players and what actions they make. Then from this point it will be up to them how long it will take to get home. But we estimate it will take about five days for the entire event chain to conclude. Thats five days OOC of course. August 5th - 8PM Server Time: Just as I said before there is no way of predicting it yet so I will simply put this day down as what I suspect will be a day of saving folks and or either heading home. August 6th - 8PM Server Time: This will be the day that I suspect we will be heading to Stormwind or arrive in Stormwind on. Teldrassil in game will be burning down on the 25th or August 2nd and to BE SAFE WE'VE SET IT FOR AUGUST 2ND for EU. Basically so we'll be able to see the tree in game and we are as close as we can possibly be to the actual burning of the tree in game to avoid any confusion! Any questions just ask below. Raids: Raids will be rather simple or at least in my own mind.. It will be split up at the start, a couple raids in SW for those who were coming to save the Kaldorei. While a couple other raids start in Kalimdor. The different groups facing different problems before they come together. Teldrassil Raid Groups: There will be people in-charge of DMing the Teldrassil raid groups! Whisper someone from the League the day of and you will be directed to the raid you need to join. You will be pointed to them at the start of the event chain and you'll be in their raid and be taken care of. They'll fill you in on whats happening, provide you with RW's, whispers, and fun RP. NOTE! Just because you're in the Teldrassil raid does not mean that you cannot be a hero or a bad-mofo and cut down some Horde forces or save some people! You're just going to be escaping with the ships when they arrive. Stormwind Raid Groups: You guys will obviously be coming with the ships and aid to save those in Kalimdor. You will group up in Stormwind, whisper someone from the League, and then be assigned to a raid group where you will receive RW's and your own unique challenges on your way to Kalimdor. Just like the other group but in a different situation. The goal is these two groups will come together and make one big group (More then one or two raids but well managed) as they return to Stormwind and tackle the challenges ahead together. How to sign up as a guild: Example: ... Signing up as a single individual? ... Just post that you have interest in coming in the comments and I'll make sure to keep in contact with you! Helps me keep track of who is showing up and how much I need to prepare for, whether you're coming to save people from Kalimdor, or escape with the people saving you! Also if you wish to show up as an individual simply inform me and we can go from there, or just sign up on here. Events: In my own head it will play out as a day of traveling by boat from Stormwind to Darnassus, while those coming to save those in Darnassus will be RPing the trip there, and the survivors will be gathering at a location to be saved. The rest of the days will involve being saved, leaving, being on the ocean for a day or two, and then arriving in Stormwind if all goes well. The feel of said events are going to be inspired in some ways by the real historical scenario of Dunkirk during WW2. Any questions? Just ask below and I'll provide you with answers to the best of my abilities. This post also counts as an interest check and with more suggestions or questions it could surely change with time. Contacts: My BNET is: Hombrelob#2327 add it if you wish I will be happy to add you back. In-game Contacts for whisper or mail: Teradere, Hombrelob, Flÿnn, Robroy, Heñri, Cobnor, Armdar, Gaisma and feel free to whisper anyone from the Eastern Maritime League to get in-contact. Link to the discord we've set up: https://discord.gg/XB8XNhTeradere95 35m
36m Neutrals? Damn the Factions and the War! Hey folks! I am simply curious if anyone takes their character to walk the middle path and doesn't take part in the upcoming war or even takes an active stance to mitigate the damage done. Please share your character's reasons or view why would they stay out of the conflict. For example Suryan is a pretty old elf, and he had a long time hatred/disagreement with the Horde concept mostly because the alignment with historic enemies. He is more of an elf supremacist with an inflexible mindset. He has no love for the Alliance either, (will be) gleeful about the burning of Teldrassil as a fitting punishment to the ego-inflated mud elves, barely feeling any pity for them right now.Suryan79 36m
38m Quel'dorei RP - Discussions/Questions I'm curious. Is there any High Elf RP guilds specifically focused on High Elf RP? Are there a lot of High Elf RPers? Do you guys have your own sort of hub except for SW? What are you guys planning on doing for the upcoming Expac? Do you think some of you guys get a bad name because of others miss-representing your IC race? Basically, if any High Elf RPers want to comment here about their community in general, what it lacks, what it needs, what they want, what they don't want, and etc. I was just having a conversation with a friend about it and I'm curious. The general gist of the post is I want to see whats up with said RPers role-playing this race and what they're up to, desire, and despise.Teradere8 38m
38m [H-RP] Copperpot Cartel - Looking for Muscle! Yo! Glad you stopped to read what I have in store for ya. I bet you came here after being contacted as a potential talent by one of our own huh? Well you came to the right place! This here is the Copperpot Cartel and I'm the one and only Evee Copperpot. That's right, you're talking to her right now. I used to be in the Bilgewater Cartel until I decided one day that, no I don't want to make Gallywix's dreams come true, only my own! So I stepped up, and made my own rival gang to take the throne. Nothing wrong with some healthy competition, right? And now with this Azurite war coming up, we can benefit even more from the growing economy! Who Are We? The Copperpot Cartel is an RP guild with a focus on doing joint RP events with other guilds, and hosting some of our own. We are not a semi-lawbreaking guild, but we do tread the fine line of legal business. I mean, you can't kill us for something you don't know is happening! Most of what we do happens in the shadows. But most importantly, we make money. Cold hard cash. Whether this is through trade, putting some pressure on people who didn't pay their protection money, or assisting in events other guilds have where muscle is needed. Help the Cartel Grow This guild uses a unique system which will influence our power in the world. The guild is fairly new, so we still have a lot of growing to do. This does not only rise through increasing numbers in member ranks but every event we do, every action we take can potentially earn us coin. These rates are set to specific numbers and go to our "Cartel Vault" (Visible on Discord) where the treasury makes sure we spend it on good things. Some of the cartel upgrades for example can be: Purchasing Land in Tanaris for Oil Drilling Upgrading Armor to allow easier fighting Expand on our weapons arsenal Set up a money laundering business Create new Wyvern flying routes only accessable by us Expanding our grounds with various buildings All these upgrades will affect our RP and the things we can handle, the faster and more we grow, the better we can handle ourselves in battle and in building up a strong network. Upgrades can result in new events and increased pay for members. Yes, every member will receive a realistic payment regarding their function in the guild. Goons only receive 50 copper a week, while Lieutenants make 2 gold a week. This will be sent through in-game mail as an official IC payment. Who Can Apply? Any oaf who can lift a weapon can get a job in the cartel, if you're just here to be muscle we always got a place for you. Now listen, if you have more... "refined" skills, you're more than welcome to join as well. The color of your skin or how many toes you have doesn't matter, as long as the Cartel grows. We are in need of accountants, spotters, assassins, suppliers, and anything you can think of that can benefit the cartel. Do We Run Events? At the moment, the cartel is very new so we will have to build up some members first before we can run some. I love to DM so expect many events as we grow. Plus, members are encouraged to write their own events as well and create more character development for themselves and others! Some example events we could run are: Taking back turf from rival companies. Assisting a group of Blood Elves with defending them during a magic ritual, in return for a big pile of cash. Stealing a weapons shipment from the Alliance to enforce our own. Sabotaging a rival company with explosives. How do I grow in the Cartel? By now, I assumed you've given your full attention to the Cartel as you've stayed this long to reach this part. So let me tell you how you start out and what you can become if you've got the brain for it, or well, the brawn too. Boss - That's me. I'll take care of my people and I assure you, the Cartel has your back if you have theirs. And anyone who dares to take my place will get a dagger in the back, or a good whooping by my bodyguards. Sure you can challenge me, but history has shown, we Goblins don't give it up easily! Underboss - One of you will be lucky enough to one day become the underboss, the one and only I truly trust and who can take care of business when I'm not here. He or she knows all the secret trade routes, has no problem intimidating people for protection money, and can stand his or her own in a fight. All respect the underboss because with a snap of the fingers he can make your life beyond miserable. Lieutenant - These people are the right hand of the underboss and serve to manage individual branches such as oil production, muscle, intimidation, and turf. They lead groups of enforcers and goons to complete the goals set out by the Cartel. Enforcer - So, you have been with us for a while now and proven yourself to be one of our strongest muscle in the Cartel. No one messes with an Enforcer, and you have leadership function towards the lower ranks when in need of one. Street Soldier - The average muscle with slightly more brain cells and ambition than a typical goon. These are the ones who are sent to slightly more dangerous jobs, but they are still not fully trusted by the Boss. You need to make more coin for the Cartel before you can rise up. Goon - This is your typical goon, stupid, smelly, and just a waste of space. You've been allowed into the Cartel to prove yourself, but everyone starts at the bottom of the ladder. No matter if you're an archmage or an earthspeaker, you need to show loyalty to the cartel first. And you do this by getting all the crappy jobs available. Put your best foot forward to stand out and get on the track for promotion. You might one day sit on a stack of coins!How do I sign up? Interested are you? Contact me in-game through a letter or by walking up to me in Orgrimmar. You can also OOCly whisper me first so we can work out what your plans are. See you in-game!Evée2 38m
52m [A-RP] The Wobbly Sheep ... OOC: Who are we and what do we want? We're The Wobbly Sheep, a ragtag group of nobodies who were maybe somebodies at one point or another, perhaps we were even nobodies then. We serve the Alliance and the Alliance serves and protects its people - It even has Dwarves, the greatest ale creators in all of Azeroth! The Sheep primarily deal in 'salvage' operations, we're patriots and down for a 'good' cause, well immoral patriots to some degree, you see, we fill in the sort of grey area when it comes down to getting the 'supplies', sort of like reavers to some extent - Pilfering from the enemy lines and retrieving the goods, whilst taking a cut of our own, of course. Oh but what of your name? That sounds fairly odd. You aren't sheep at all, you liars! You're very right there, it's the name of our store that sells various potions, tinctures and best of all, booze! We're constantly on the move, taking our stock with us and travelling around Azeroth bringing terribly loud drunk singing and healing potions for the morning after. What we are looking for: We're looking for memorable moments, fun and quality RP. We want to keep a sense of community within the guild, where everyone can contribute, but not feel strained to do so. What kind of people do we take? Any race and class is welcome to tag along with our misadventures, all roles are accepted from drunkard to brawler, cartographer, stablemaster or even a chef! There's a war going on, why are you selling booze? As above, we mainly deal in retrieving supplies for the Alliance, by no means are we a military unit, but war or no war, even soldiers need to drown their sorrows from time to time. What about ranks, do you have those? Owner: The GM position, also the main one who keeps the stock flowing and reaches out for contracts, pays rent for accomodation and sometimes shares food. Co-Owner: The second in command, in this case, it's Reynnevan and he's quite grumpy. Staff: The officer position, these guys and gals help out with recruits and restock the supplies, they're also great at breaking up bar fights... Sometimes. Drunkard: The meat of the guild, the main guys and gals, the drinkers, creators and brawlers. Those with the personalities to stick out in a crowd and then chase the crowd for extra coin if need be! OOC: This one is self-explanitory. - We're also on the lookout for another solid officer to join up and help keep things smooth on the road ahead. - If you're at all interested and want to join up or ask some more questions, send a message to myself (Straughan), Asheville or Reynnevan in-game.Straughan5 52m
1h [H-RP] Bladewing - Recruitment Shut ... Bladewing A bastard mix of pseudo-Knights of the Round table, patriotic elves, faith and glory-hunting. It will all make (hopefully) for an interesting and, sometimes, self-conflicting mess. Essentially it’s a community - no - a brotherhood of Blood Knights who value the progress and regard of their own order and Silvermoon in the eyes of the world. Working relentlessly to bring prestige and push the agendas of both. Be it on a battlefield pushing the Alliance back to their wretched hovels, seeking out lost artifacts of power or simply healing the Horde’s sickly… these are the situations Bladewing may find themselves in. If they so choose. However, this isn’t really a guild per se but rather a community of sorts. Wait, Aerilen… does that mean my character in another guild can join? They very much can! I am hoping this will be as much of a small, tight-knit community as it is a guild. And also, due to this, it will be run in an episodic manner; there may be spikes in what’s offered to the players in terms of storylines and initiatives and then lulls (mostly due to how adult life manages to interfere with recreational time). Recruitment There's only really one snag (so to speak), and that is that we're only recruiting paladins. Contact myself in-game, if i'm not about don't be afraid to throw a letter my way. I'll get to you ASAP.Aerilen50 1h
1h AD Communities: Who they are and where to find them Hey there, So without beating around the bush, I wanted to be so forward as to keep a public list of communities, and Blizzard groups to an extent, of AD and how to join them. The intention of this list is to aid said communities in growing by making them more visible. ... Communities Character-based Alliance ... ... ... ... ... Horde ... ... ... ... Blizzard Groups: BattleTag based ... ... ... ... ... Community Form ... Blizzard Group Form ... Looking forward to seeing yours on the list!Gizlek23 1h
1h Discussion: Hero Class Sin’dorei and the Sunwell The latest patch has seen the introduction of Golden Eyes for the Sin'dorei, a gift from the Arcane and Light powered Sunwell. Until now as most will know, Sin’dorei had green eyes because of their feeding on demonic energies to sustain their addiction. With the sunwell ignited, the need to feed is gone and golden eyes have come to being as a player choice and arcane torrent has changed again. But where does that leave the Death Knight and Demon Hunters? Death Knights (mostly) died at the end of BC in the pre-wrath event to be risen in the DK starter zone. The Sunwell’s rebirth would of only just happened, given them months at most for the Sunwell’s effects to get them before they died. Demon Hunters too, they consumed demon flesh and changed their bodies into weapons to fight the Legion. Only now do they return to awakened world, the sunwell burns bright but are they beyond its reach? Their bodies are literally soaked through with Fel Energy. Would the Sunwell sate their needs or would the hunger pangs still reach them? What are peoples thoughts on this? Does a Death Knight even register the need to feed on the Arcane or does a corpse need no such nourishment. This would make sense. ... We have an answer, Sunwell matters not. Is a Demon Hunter beyond the reach of the Sunwell, their bodies far too gone. Do they even hunger, now that they contain such immense power? Or does the hunger grow worse with their inner demon trying to weaken and dominate its host as we see in the Illidan novel. What are your thoughts?Hedris14 1h
1h [H-RP] July 21st: Suramar Grand Ball IC: *Posters are pinned to noticeboards in all major Horde cities* Esteemed allies of Suramar, mighty people of the Horde. The Duskwatch Outriders are extending invitations for you to visit the glorious city of Suramar and observe our unit train. Not to merely boast of the military strength of the Duskwatch alone, after the open training, we cordially invite you to a banquet in the Menagerie District. The evening will be concluded with a glorious display of fireworks. Portals will be opened in Orgrimmar to ensure swift transportation to Suramar. Signed, ~ Captain Styrros Stargazer of the Duskwatch Outriders. OOC: Suramar is beautiful, yes? But so criminally underutilized in roleplay (at least in my experience). I seek to remedy this situation and as such, I am launching an initiative to promote some roleplay in Suramar. Guests will be invited to an open training of the Duskwatch Outriders, followed by other activities such as a banquet and many more! Please join us! Location: Suramar city, Grand Promenade. Date and time: 19th of May, 19:00 server time. Possible planned activities: An open training of the Duskwatch Outriders, a banquet, a race and a fireworks show to conclude the evening! In case of success, such effort can be made on a regular basis! Please tell me what you think folks or tell me if you are going to attend!Styrros28 1h
1h Community call to action! - Goblin Trade Consortium Hey everyone, With the new communities function in action, I would like to invite everyone who is part of some goblin guild focused on whatever business you deal in (Trade, Black Market, War, Cartels etc.) to join this community: "The Goblin Trade Consortium" so we can more easily coordinate RP events together and get to know each other. Please follow the link here and join the community in-game! See you there :) https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/k9D9EKc0bO?region=EU&faction=Horde PS. You don't have to be a goblin to join this channel, as long as you are within a guild that is either run by Goblins, or has a focus on Goblin involved events.Evée1 1h
1h [A-RP] The Dawnrise Bulwark is recruiting! A new set of flyers can be found around the city, in the certified recruitment areas and boards. On them is the image of a rising sun standing behind a shield. The text on them says: ... OOC Guild Information We are the Dawnrise Bulwark, a new paid adventurers RP guild on the alliance part of the server! We stand to defend the new tomorrow while also getting the money to eat and survive. OOCly, we are a guild which aims to provide high-quality roleplay, which means that we aim to grant you an RP experience you would describe as fulfilling, interactive and character-developing. What should you expect from us? You should expect a nice blend of casual roleplay and serious, engaging and hardcore events, as well as a tight community of friends who want to have fun and write an amazing story together. What kinds of events do we host? We use a newly developed D&D-esque roleplaying system for our events which allows your characters to shine in what they excel at. We try to keep it detailed enough to remove restraints from things you can do, as well as keep it simple enough so you don't waste hours just trying to understand the first page. In terms of content, our events are mostly combat-based, however they are never simple dry combat. We value the living-being aspect of all events in that your enemies are also sometimes living beings like you! This means that you will plenty of times find a solution in persuasion, or intimidation, or simply managing to deduce flipping the right switch in a situation (both metaphorically and literally). Important note: We will not be participating in the upcoming war as a guild. Instead, we will be focusing on reducing casualties from the war as much as we can. Expect rescue missions, contracts revolving around helping survivors and refugees, but also the usual "Subdue these bandits/void monsters/cultists" and much, much more! We are currently still based in Paw'don Village, but that is soon subject to change, and I will update this thread with our new location at the end of this month. What do we expect from you? We expect a serious attitude towards the quality of your roleplay. We accept nearly all roleplaying concepts (even more extravagant ones) so long as they do not directly break lore or our fun. We also expect you to behave as an adult OOCly and follow general RP conduct. If you're a new player and don't know what this is, fret not! We can teach you and give you a warm welcome to the world of RP, just so long as you are willing to learn. We usually do not enforce character death. However, during our heroic events, we will. These events will be purely optional and will not ICly differ from normal events much except perhaps being a tad more dangerous. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask them either in the thread or ask me in-game (IGN: Chaosin). You may also contact Ttoga and/or Aneyurrah, my council members, for assistance, or ask anyone in the Dawnrise Bulwark to reach me if I'm not online. (/who Dawnrise Bulwark) We will also be in Cathedral Square recruiting from time to time! You won't miss us! Dawn beckons!Chaosin3 1h
1h [A-RP] Warlock Community - Discord Update: Hello there - this thread has been slightly adjusted to, seeing that it began as a suggestion thread. Right now, it’s become a concept and this is what the concept is. Community: Warlock. Faction: Alliance. Discord: https://discord.gg/GVbPrgc Introduction: For quite some time now, I decided to returned to Warlock RP. And as I have returned, it seems like the Warlock community I have been wanting to reach, from random RPers to guilded members has been quite difficult. I wonder at times whenever Warlock RP is a popular theme these days. Perhaps I’m looking in the wrong places, perhaps I need to know the right people? Perhaps Warlock RP isn’t quite an appeal to people these days? Is finding each other difficult? So, I thought about introducing the idea of building a Warlock community within discord. Now, people won’t be bound to any guild, restricted by anything IC. It will be a community where Warlocks can meet each other whenever discussing lore, wanting to contribute to a concept and overall meeting other Warlocks. Future Concept: My idea in the future will be to create a order around a small Warlock group, compared to the organizations of the order halls. It’ll be like a guild concept, but one that doesn’t require a in game invitation to a guild, merely a IC interview and you’re part of the organization through Discord where meetings ect, will be held. There’s been thoughts of adding lore to this idea - concept art contributed by myself such as banners, mount designs, armor designs. Obviously, I’m still in thoughts of this subject, it’ll be for discussion if the primary idea of the discord is reached. FAQ: 1.) Why could this idea be appealing? • It contributes to people who are perhaps a bit shy, and having a difficult time in RP guilds find a community. • It might also contribute to Warlocks who are in other guilds, day-dreaming a little about participating in more Warlock RP. • It’ll be a resourceful place of contact. Example; if you want your Warlock to acquire example a Dreadsteed, summoning a few Warlock characters to help can be wonderful. • It’s overall a hub of Warlocks, where discussions, aid of lore and bringing people into the community is the purpose. Perhaps you’re wanting to make your Mage slowly transition into a Warlock? Perhaps your Warlock character is looking for a mentor/apprentice? Could be a good source of people meeting and bonding. 2.) Why have you chosen to be Alliance-specific? • Keep Track - Building a community is easier when you are part of it, while we’re all Warlocks. There’s many different ways of RPing Warlocks and communities around it. I think it would be easier to keep track of the Alliance part specifically if we kept it strict Alliance. • Discord Numbers - We’re hoping to not over-crowd the Discord. With having people from both factions, people who are also not full-time Warlock RPers. That’s going to be a lot of people and at times be difficult to monitor. • Lore discussions - might be simpler, seeing that we’re overall discussing Warlock lore specifically on the Alliance side. We’re also learning a lot from the Horde side and it’s lore, but. We’re wanting it to keep it a bit clean and strict. • BFA - Battle for Azeroth is coming out in the future, bonding and already building a relation on the Alliance side and being prepared for that battle might be a bonus. A Note: We are not wanting to exclude Horde RPers at all, I have a lot of respect for their choice of RP. And sometimes, I do find myself regretting the choice of keeping it strictly Alliance. Basically, because I see the fun it could have been to include only-Horde RPing Warlocks. But, as said; I do think this is the best way to handle it, as monitoring a discord with a lot of different personalities and people can be hectic, especially when I’m not a Horde RPer. We'll be updating the forums aswell on how progress continues. We've already set up rules and everything sorted, don't be shy!Sarverious43 1h
1h Pet Peeves #26 Carry on peevingCroecell286 1h
1h A Poster in Stormwind! [TONIGHT!] As you wander through Stormwind you stumble upon a poster, hanging from an old wooden door. (Or you don't. But that's up to you.) As you lean in closer you read the following, "To All citizens of the Alliance..." argentarchives.org/node/212719 Made this poster in my spare time to support the ongoing events on Alliance side atm. Which is very exciting and fun!Loviant0 1h
1h Random sharding! People have been popping in and out of sight in orgrimmar all night. Did blizzard flip the sharding switch on us with out telling? anyone else suffer from this. mainly asking Stormwind Rp.Yorah26 1h
1h Drums of War [Stories & Reports] ... -Saleysea174 1h
1h [22nd] Drums of War: Battle for Lordaeron ... -- ... -- ... -- More info to come including map / plan -- very very basic idea is splitting the RP PVP into three army groups/side until the climactic battles for Brill/the Undercity. There will sometimes be pretty crazy lag, but it is what it isPerroy314 1h
1h [A-RP] [Warlock] Eredun Lullaby - Public Lectures, woo! ... Original preface, and a considerable amount of content below, was written by Ashkaar for the original guild thread, and adapted for the present. In years past, Eredun Lullaby was a one-of-a-kind guild on Argent Dawn: a coven of warlocks gathering to share knowledge and further the Dark Arts, aligned with the Alliance, but also serving as a medium of communication and cooperation among other guilds of all sorts that warlocks called home. Fluctuat nec mergitur. After a four-year hiatus, with our spirit living on in the hearts of persevering and persistent members, the Eredun Lullaby once again echoes in the darkest corners of Stormwind, seeking those who will hear it, interpret it, and seek it out. ________________________________________________________________________________ Who are we? The Eredun Lullaby is an organisation for warlocks and witches who devote their lives as scholars of the Dark Arts. It is a guild open to warlocks only and was founded as a coven where members can meet and study together, exchange and preserve knowledge, perform rituals, and do all things warlocky. The concept of this guild is that it's members will form it's cause; what we provide is a meeting point for those who IC'ly seek to meet like-minded people in the shape of dark magicians. We accept associates to your character, of any race and class. However should the bond between master and servant/guard end, the non-warlock character will be removed from the guild. We are also open for warlocks of the darker kind that would consider themselves loners and therefore have no role playing guild to join. So, if you want to spend time OOC with other warlock players, want the beneficial perks of a guild but no guild-duties, do poke us for a OOC rank in Eredun Lullaby. Guild-rules and guide-lines still apply. Every applicant will be considered individually, and we feel that your roleplaying style or character is not suiting for Eredun Lullaby, we will decline your application. We are very adamant about adhering to canon lore, so a good grasp of and respect to it is required. ________________________________________________________________________________ General information Name: Eredun Lullaby Faction: Alliance Concept: Warlock, Magical Sciences, Scholarship Base: Surwich, Blasted Lands Argent Archives: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/82752 Recruiting officers: Mayliffe ________________________________________________________________________________ About ... Six years after the original guild's founding and four years after its demise, this preamble still rings very true. I have joined a few guilds of my own in these past four years, but no matter how hard I tried, none fit the niche that this coven covered. Eredun Lullaby was and is a guild for the warlock who sought to focus more on the academic and scholarly side of the class and their own personal agendas, as opposed to following the agendas of others, or spend their whole time vanquishing good or evil guys. Today, we seek to continue the legacy of this old guild, as well as bring it to the future of Warcraft in Patch 7.3 and beyond. As in the past, our aim is to provide the same safe and welcoming haven for warlock role play, and expand upon it. As it has always been, we expect members to bring the role play to the guild, but also provide to them. Continuing from where we left off, we offer a large library of knowledge that we will ICly seek to enrich and build with member support, through contributions, events, and more. And, as in the past, we are more than willing to aid beginner warlocks with lore, talents, gameplay advice, background stories, and even a warm community to kick off from.Mayliffe93 1h
2h [N/A-RP] The Myrmidon - Elune’s Privateers ... OOC: The Myrmidon has been a smaller, closely knit RP guild for most of its time now. With quality over quantity always being the mindset used in recruitment, well thought out and engaging RP is a constant. All players, regardless of rank, are welcome to and encouraged to try their hand at DMing and create plotlines. Whilst there will be times where we rest our feet in various different hubs around Azeroth, DM’d campaigns are the typical way which the Myrmidon’s greater narrative is forwarded. This includes taking part in larger server-wide campaigns or guild collaborations. Ranks: The Myrmidon does have a ranked structure; whilst discipline to some degree will be expected IC in most scenarios, rank has never been a focus of the guild or an OOC reward. All players from the bottom to the top are on equal footing here when it comes to their inclusion in events and their right to DM. In some cases a player may be an OOC officer, whilst they hold none or lesser IC authority, they’ll have equal responsibilities and powers to the rest of the officer team. Officers: Captain: The highest authority aboard the Myrmidon; for thousands of years the rank of Captain has been passed down the Stormwing bloodline, a title which has always been granted to the next of kin. Unfavourable winds and dire circumstances have left the once exclusively Elven position in the hands of Markus Brunswick. First Mate: The right hand to the Captain and second in command of the Myrmidon. If the Captain is unable to carry out their duty to the crew, it is for the First Mate to pick up where they have fallen short. The enforcement of the Captain’s articles and the protection of the Myrmidon are tasks held between both Captain and First Mate equally. Held by Ernya Stillcrest. Quartermaster: The inventory and treasury is managed officially by the Quartermaster as well as leadership and disciplinary powers being granted to them. When it comes to the public face of the Myrmidon, his trading and bounty collection, it will be the Quartermaster who typically takes point. No occupant, delegated between Markus Brunswick and Ernya Stillcrest. IC Leadership: Arcanist: A magically capable Sworn who has demonstrated responsibility and excellence in their field. They’re entrusted with taking point in matters concerning the arcane by the First Mate and Captain and granted the duty of ensuring practitioners aboard the Myrmidon hold the arcane in the respect that it deserves and remain pure in the eyes of Elune. Held by Narilaes Starshade. Stormcaller: A senior Sworn druid in the Myrmidon, one who calls the winds of Aessina to drive the Myrmidon across the waves to excellent effect no matter what the weather. They too act as an advisor to the Captain and in some cases a mentor to the younger druids in the crew. Held by Shan’do Sorrel Summerisle. Sworn: The Privateers of the Myrmidon who have shown exceptional dedication and faith in their conduct. The Sworn are the oathbound protectors of the Myrmidon who have been rewarded for their service with the trust of their leaders and the responsibility to lead the privateers into action and inspire the crew when all seems dire. ----- Privateer: The rank and file of the Myrmidon, the crew which have been entrusted with full time employment and serpent banner. This encompases all who have been officially and legally recognised as a crew member - be it mage, druid, fighter or labourer. It is at this position that one earns regular payment and a fair share of additional rewards such as bounties. Wisp: The untested and untried, whilst they work aboard the Myrmidon the wisps are given a pay which allows for some leisure as well as food provisions and a place to sleep. Yet they are not recognised as official crew and granted the legal protection that would keep the privateers out of trouble should the worst come to the worst. ----- Passenger: Those who have taken to the Myrmidon for the purpose of transport. Payment is required from a passenger for the Myrmidon’s services, however, it does not necessarily have to be in the form of currency. Should a capable passenger offer their services for passage, they may be granted a discount or a complete exemption from regular payments as long as their efforts are maintained to the expectation of the First Mate and Captain. The Myrmidon accepts Kaldorei and Worgen into the ranks of Wisp and above, however; we’re open to RP with any race in the game as long as it is not a user of heretical magics (unless you’re an excellent secret keeper IC). Passengers still go through the same recruitment process as those wanting to be Wisps. There may be some mature themes (ERP is against the rules) present in some events and intense emotional scenes. We ask that it be taken into consideration before taking part in these events, but warnings will be issued either way if deemed necessary. The rules regarding OOC conduct within the Myrmidon are rather self explanatory and likely to be the same as any other guild which cares for its reputation. -Players with a reputation for ERPing are likely to be rejected. -Players who have trolled RP will be rejected and likely ignored. -Whilst there’s no obligation to join in events or be active for any specific amount of time, we’d like for you to at least put some time aside for occasional events and casual RP. If you aren’t able to take part for a longer period of time, we’d like to know so it doesn’t interfere with the narrative. -We ask that you treat fellow guild members and all other players with respect and kindness at all times. IC punishments are exceedingly rare, but the crew employed are expected to follow Captain Saenon Stormwing’s Captain’s Articles: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/190938 (Of course, OOC penalties won’t be a result of IC misdeeds. Conflicts resulting from well thought out RP can be fun for all involved). If you’re interested in joining, RPing with or more information regarding the Myrmidon whisper Gustov, Ernyá or Sorryl.Gustov20 2h
2h The Kings Chronicle: Complaints! What now? ... Greetings people of Stormwind, greetings to all of the Grand Alliance! My name is Loviant Pocks and I am here to provide you curious souls with knowledge on our beautiful and sometimes ravaged and bloodied Kingdom! Tales in the coming years can stretch as far as a simple flower shop opening in Old Town (with most likely a company of hired assasins in it’s basement) to the complete and desperate slaughter of civilians like you! Right on your doorstep! So, if you’re feeling ready and excited for what we have to say - make SURE you check the Kings Chronicle every single day. Thank you all again for the great, and mostly positive feedback from the past days - it’s been glorious! - Loviant Pocks Follow the newspaper here: argentarchives.org/node/206379 Feeling Ellen DeGENEROUS, we are very happy with any donation given to keep the paper up and running as it is. You can send these to Loviant :-) (Not real money of course.)Loviant72 2h
2h [Discussion] Character Hobbies and little details How do you come up with hobbies that are different from yourself? How do hobbies affect the RP? Is it pointless to introduce a hobby if it never comes up in RP or won't affect the characters personality or behaviour? How do you come up with little details of their background or childhood, without using your own as reference? How do you create "something new" out of nothing? How do you come up with proper goals? I'm going to point out that this applies only to some of my characters. I also would like to mention that this can be helpful for non-wow settings as well, such as modern-era or other historical time period roleplay (Vampire the masquerade, urban fantasy settings etc, victorian era, etc). So if anyone here has something to say on those, no need to restrict it to WoW only. But maybe throw in some WoW as well to keep it on-topic. I'll freely admit I am a very sheltered and reclusive person. I have few specific hobbies but my aim is to create diverse characters that don't get old too quickly. Yet how can I think of something outside of my horizon? I can't just create an experience I cannot even comprehend? I like to compare it with a black-swan event. Nobody thought a black swan could exist. Nobody even thought of a black swan until they were discovered, and then in retrospect it seemed obvious that one could exist. Such is the same with me and certain ideas and details. How do I 'create' details and ideas that my mind is incapable of thinking up until it actually encounters that material? I am myself. I can only create new things out of experiences that I personally have. I'd like to hear your experiences! What kind of hobbies do you have? Or your characters? Tell me a little about both! And about how you encountered these hobbies or how you assigned them to your character. Include non-WoW characters as well! I might as well make this the ultimate thread for WoW-characters and other roleplay settings as well while we're at it.Vilesun4 2h
2h Guild Idea for Argent Dawn Hi! I'm thinking about creating a guild on the Argent Dawn server! It'll basically be a guild called Helpers of Azeroth. We help people in dungeons, raids, and we even help them if they're feeling a bit left out or lonely. So. The outfit is very similar to a Gamemaster's, but we are not Gamemasters and will NOT PRETEND TO BE ONE. That is a strict rule. P.S Please don't steal this idea. I've been working so so hard on it and I'd really hate to see it go.Ezraelthiel2 2h
2h [A-RP] The Sha'ur Story of the Sha'ur Ten years ago a draenei military unit has been formed, in order to protect the Draenei kin as well as act in the interests of the Alliance. The Sha'ur - led by Exarch Kelara, this unit has became more than a military unit to its members. It became a family where the slogan was: All for one, one for all. As the time has passed, the unit has suffered many casualties, yet still struggled to continue its mission, as it has been led by the 2nd Exarch Zarred. Unfortunately, the Sha'ur with time has been disbanded as it has suffered severe casualties once again. Now, after so many years, the Sha'ur has been resurrected from the ashes, to carry on the traditions and vision of the first members from that unit. The Sha'ur, a symbol for all those hallen brother and sisters and at the same time, a vessel to carry on the traditions of brother and sisterhood. The traditions of a family. Led by Exarch Lenoir, ex-member of the original unit, she seeks to continue the cause of protecting the Draenei as well as to stand for the interests of her kin. OOC The Sha'ur is a draenei military unit, oriented to stand for the interests of the Draenei as well as to protect them. It is an attempt to unite the draenei together once more, where each would stand shoulder to shoulder on a battlefield and share the same table in the inn during the feast. Despite The Sha'ur being a military unit, it follows different visions and traditions over the military aspect. The Sha'ur also takes prioritize Draenei first and foremost. Everything else follows afterwards. Recruiting officers: Lenoir, Tanzzy, Rostane. Contact discord: Tenebres Tel'rei#6828 (Lenoir) Residence: The Sha'ur currently resides in Blood Watch, Bloodmyst isle and soon will set up main base of operations in Astranaar, Ashenvale. Final notes: Well, there are no final notes as of now! I prefer to keep it simple and enjoyable. However, if you have any questions or feedback, do not hesitate to ask either in-game or here! This thread will be updated frequently with more information, as the time goes.Lenoir7 2h
2h New player looking for RP Hello everyone, I'm a returning WoW player after I left at WoD. I'd like to try RP but my main issue right now is that there are always big groups of people in capitals or Inn and since I'm not a native english speaker it's kinda hard for me to follow everything and I feel rather unsecured. I'd like to know if that's possible for me to find a guild or a group of people willing to help me start learning WoW RP properly and that could lead me. Is that possible please ? I'd like to play as a Worgen mercenary / personal guard btw, I hope it's not too hard to start with.Løshen2 2h
2h Remove language barrier on RP servers I mean, on non-PvP RP servers, it's really just a hindrance. We don't need those here. And lorewise everyone, even all the Horde races (especially the orcs, blood elves, forsaken and goblins) know common. Read pretty much any WoW literature, or watch most cinematics and you'll see Horde and Alliance speaking the same language. It's just stupid and immersion breaking to have it.Lytandrah93 2h
3h [Comunity] NORTHERN Military Comunity [Interest Check] Hello everyone! In my opinion the Summit in Aerie Peak that was a few weeks for the campaign was a very fun and enjoyable. And I thought: "Why not make it easier for guilds to do things like that again and make a comunity?" There's so many interesting things that can be done by this, coordination, cross guild RP, cross guild promotions, event sharing, literally everything in game. I'd suggest all guild who consider themself a NORTHERN GUILD (Gilneas, Khaz Modan, Lordaeron, Arathi ... etc.) who have a military department (or even others as well? Give opinions!) join this comunity and let's have great Roleplay together? #NoMoreGameOfThronesRP #UnitedNorth (edit: To make this clear, since some had complains: This is NOT a comunity that is build on the Summit or has anything to do with it and what was spoken over. This is supposed to be used for General RP coordination for Northern guilds.) *salutes* Lupy ...Lupús0 3h
3h RP inns in Stormwind? I wanted to find a cozy inn or a tavern in Stormwind or Ironforge with frequent RP. I tried the inn in the Old town, but that one felt kinda empty. Any ideas? If you know about some other great RP spots, be sure to share them! ThanksKarnun9 3h
3h [A-RP] Teldrassil Pilgrimage - Jul/Aug When: TBC. Some time in the next month. A Tuesday Evening, 21:00 onwards. Where: Teldrassil. Starting at Shadowglen, moving on to Darnassus. Why: In theory, this will be the last evening many will have to RP in Teldrassil. Much like Theramore, there'll be an NPC that lets you see an "un-burned" version, but in our hearts we'll know it's just a memory. Teldrassil was where I first stepped into the World of Warcraft - and back before flying mounts it was awe-inspiring. A tiny Night Elf surrounded by trees hundreds of feet high, glimpses of moonlight filtering through the canopy. I bumped into my first RP guild, the Silvereye, when three of their druids ran past me in Travel form towards Dolanaar, and fell in hard with the Night Elf RP scene. Knowing that it's going to be "gone" hits me hard - so it'd be nice to have one last wander through. What: Nothing hugely formal. Simply a walk from Shadowglen to the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus, following the road. For the sake of sanity, I'd recommend keeping PvP off. For the sake of authenticity, I'd recommend sticking to your two feet and giving the mounts - flying or otherwise - a night off. Neither of these is mandatory. No dress code, but feel free to come Kaldorei-inspired if you can! Leafy clothing, Lunar Lanterns, Sprite Darter, Hippogryph hatchling, Saber Cub pets - you know the drill. Who: You! Whilst Night Elves are preferred, anyone can walk along. If you're a Hordie and want to stop by, roll a quick Alliance alt! The advantage of the location is a level 1 Night Elf starts at the right place. If anyone would like to do anything more formal around this event - be it telling stories as we walk (the history of Teldrassil, for example) - or an after-gathering in Darnassus (markets, prayers, you name it!), feel free to drop a note in this thread or track me down in-game. More than happy to accomodate.Aerandul21 3h
3h PvP Community - Duels, Arenas, RBG, World pvp Here are some communities to make it easy for everyone to group up. Invite for Horde Duels cross realm: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/b9wjJKUwMm?region=EU&faction=Horde Invite for Horde Arenas cross realm: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/VkV0vjCPYZ?region=EU&faction=Horde Invite for Horde RBGs cross realm: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/j9eGENsqeo?region=EU&faction=Horde Invite for World PvP cross realm: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/x9w5ZqHjVr?region=EU&faction=HordeHungarø0 3h
3h [Horde Roleplay] The Shatterguard The Shatterguard Background As the Horde & Alliance once again prepare their sharpened knives for each others throats, the war machine is kicked into gear. In response to increasing tensions created by Azerite mining in Silithus, rogues residing in the Cleft have formed a new military operation, known as the Shatterguard. Its tasks consist of stealth warfare, black operations, reconnaissance and sabotage - all in the name of the Horde. We will travel all across Azeroth & beyond, wherever we are needed. Protection against its enemies are vital, and we are on the front line. OOC This guild is my attempt to bring a fresh face to military roleplay, tapping into the rich area of Horde secret intelligence. I am accepting all classes and races within reason, though all I ask is for anyone applying to use their own common sense as to whether their character will fit such an order. For example, a banner bearing blademaster who leaps straight into battle with a blood curdling warcry probably won't find their place here. Activity Roleplay will largely be focused around travel and battle, with DM'd events intertwined with the two. Potentially we will explore RP-PVP however this will be discussed when we have an active playerbase. Of course we will occasionally garrison in main cities. Ranks I am trying to keep hierarchy limited and instead focus ranks on reputation and merit rather than authority. Master - The leader of the Shatterguard. (Myself) Wraith - An operative who has excelled each rank and finds themselves in a position of authority. The highest honour available. Ghost - This operative is respected and feared, they have survived numerous battles, earning their place and title beyond all doubt. Shadow - A rank given to the operative who has proved their merit and skill. Blade - The base rank. You are a member of the Shatterguard, wear this title proudly. Uniform? No, I do not believe this guild is suited for uniforms. However I will be enforcing a dress code to create a sense of unity. Colours will preferably be dark - grey, black, brown etcetera. We are an order of secrecy, after all! For now I am looking for one or two people to assist me in getting the guild running. If you are interested, please contact me through my btag - Nez#21407 For the Horde!Thrut2 3h
3h [Discussion] How do you keep your RP story fresh? I address you, veteran roleplayers of Argent Dawn. It's been eleven years of WoW, over the course of your RP career your character must have seen and done everything — made friends and enemies, been sick, corrupted, gone insane, married, divorced, captured by an opposing faction, imprisoned, joined a House guild, and even died. Your story had every twist and turn imaginable, and surely, as you or your friends come up with an idea, you can't help but feel "deja vu". How do you deal with it? Do you feel a bit old and cynical? Do you try to avoid repeating yourself, or maybe you embrace the "deja vu" and play old stories, but on a different character, with a new angle? And what advice would you give to someone who doesn't want their character story to become yet another boring cliche?Veladiel16 3h
4h For those who partook in Drums of War. I'd like to ask you guys a small favor. I understand you've had a huge event and a great time out of it, and you're right to be proud of what you did and what you achieved. However, I'm now starting to see the effects of holding what is in effect the War of Thorns before the actual in game events can take place. I went to Darkshore tonight with the intention of roleplaying my demon hunter's return to Elven territory after a long time away, and found it notably empty, considering there's going to be a massive world changing event happening there shortly. My hunter tried to ease herself into a small RP group by inspecting some books for local history, and was told that the books in question were being moved to Stormwind for safekeeping because most of Ashenvale and Darkshore were now Horde territory. In the same day, I've seen a member of the community put up an article on the Argent Archives that announced the burning of Teldrassil and the fall of Ashenvale and Darkshore. This was what I was afraid of when I heard about Drums of War. Some of the people who took part in Drums of War are now spreading the narrative (not maliciously, I will hasten to add, if I was in an event that large I would probably think the whole of the server would know of the event and acknowledge it as well) that the campaign is now canon and everything that should be happening in the coming days has already taken place. You can imagine that for the folks who didn't partake in Drums of War, and who are following the official timeline as dictated by Blizzard, this is problematic. I now find myself pondering whether Darkshore is so deserted because people are too busy tweaking builds, or whether it's quiet because the people who would usually be there have now moved on because Drums of War has happened and thus the storyline there is now finished for their character. So, I would like to ask all those involved in Drums of War to take a simple measure to ensure that a lot of confusion is spared in the coming weeks: treat the Drums of War as currently being non-canon. It cannot have happened just yet because it is the War of Thorns story, and that event has not happened for anyone else yet, and will not happen for quite a while. Now I'm not going to say disregard everything you've done, toss it away and start over. Instead, place that roleplay into a time capsule and acknowledge it at the proper point: when Blizzard unlock that content for everyone during the pre-launch event. I understand that doing so will likely be a pain for some people, but it saves everyone else the hassle of jumping through hoops to ensure the people they are roleplaying with are in the same timeline as they are, and will avoid that awful immersion breaking moment of having to go 'hang on, none of this has happened yet' to someone you were enjoying RP with. For those who are operating in this way already, my thanks to you. For those who aren't... All I'll ask is that you please be considerate to other roleplayers who didn't take part in the Drums of War. We had enough of this confusion when people were saying Argus was in the sky months before it was seen by all. We don't need that again.Tsaila353 4h
4h Gilnean Community Interest check Seeing the Communities now work, i was wondering if we should perhaps have a Gilnean community created, seeing we may finally be able to RP there, as a general notice board, ranging from RP to any other aspect of WoW, for Gilneans. Please, leave your thoughts here, and people feel we could use one, my guild will create one for all Gilneans!Wilcöx4 4h
4h (Alliance) Knights of the Silver Hand community A community for all of you who RP having taken the oaths, or perhaps still training to take the oaths, of the Knights of the Silver Hand. This is more specific than the Paladins of Argent Dawn community so hopefully can be used to further my goals when I made the Call of the Silver Hand meetings. That is to strengthen the ties between the RPers of the Silver Hand and encourage more RP with one another to give a greater sense of that unified knightly order. Should you wish to join just follow this link here: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/PpYDpmcjd2?region=EU&faction=Alliance The community will have the benefit of reports being made to blizzard plus the use of /ignore so the rules will fall directly along side the rules for interaction in the game. We hope that a level of standard decorum will suffice as an expectation, you're not necessarily in a group of friends, this is a room of effectively business contacts, act in a semi-professional manner. If you wouldn't say it to your boss, don't say it here. The community will not enforce ranks or such to make certain groups or members of the community more powerful or such in RP, it is purely for OOC discussion and negotiation. As of right now this is everything I've thought to put down, if you have any questions please ask and keep an eye on this thread incase I update anything myself!Morvuk0 4h
4h [A] Pirate RP - The Briny Reaper <The Briny Reaper> is a high fantasy pirate roleplaying guild that begins its treasure plundering, blood spilling, monster slaying, rum drinking antics on the island of Kul Tiras, after the famed Briny Reaper known for its toil and misery is destroyed at sea by the maw of a fierce leviathan. Alive, the Captain, Calico Myers, finds himself without a ship, but most importantly, a crew. As the Alliance and Horde run aground on both Kul Tiras and Zandalar respectfully, the perfect opportunity to not only reform the once famed Briny Reaper crew, but also fill our pockets with treasure emerges... Pirate Democracy & Events: In a Navy, captains and officers have military ranks. There is always a big gap between common sailor and officer. However, on a ship full of murderers, bandits, and thieves, most decisions are determined by voting. It may sound strange, but Pirates are Democrats. On a pirate's ship, there is no such thing as a member of the privileged class. Everybody has the same rights, and their roles and duties are appointed, only according to their abilities and knowledge. Events will use this idea, and instead of the GM or Officers picking a place in Azeroth to visit for a (hopefully) treasure packed expedition, we will ask the members to take a vote on several locations. Will you venture West and attempt to plunder the heavily booby trapped tombs of an ancient past King? OR will you sail South East, towards the abyssal depths of Vash'jir and explore sunken treasures amidst a heavy leviathan presence? We plan to offer our members several routes and options, that will be compiled into a straw poll, where the Crew can vote on what we do and where we go next. Yarr! A true democracy! Ship Ranks: To ensure the Briny Reaper and its treacherous future is sure to go down as one of the fiercest, storm bringing, fear harboring pirate ships out there, you've got to have a crew. A strong one, at that. .................. ... Races & Class: Whilst we believe our ranks should be a majority Human, Dwarf, Gnome and Worgen, we do accept Night Elf, Draenei and Pandaren members aboard the Briny Reaper. Please note that we aren't necessarily too interested in the latter race, but won't turn players who can execute the pirate fantasy well away. In the case of allied races, we only plan to accept Dark Iron Dwarves. Both Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves are, sorry to say, not wanted and will be forced to walk the plank. This list will continue to update whenever a new allied race presents itself. Any class that isn't a Death Knight or Demon Hunter may join the crew. However, your class is purely OOC. Sorry, but we're looking for pirates, not wizards. In very, very, specific cases, this rule will be broken, as we do plan to allow 'Tidesages' (seapriests) in limited numbers. Rules & Uniform: You are a pirate amongst a democratic party and therefore, rules are hard to come by. However, respected ranked members such as Captain, Quartermaster and Boatswains all reserve the right to punish and publicly mock any crew member not working or acting out. In short, on the Briny Reaper, we're all about Mutual Respect. Of course, when it comes to our OOC antics, racism, bullying and the sort will not be tolerated. The same goes for ERP. If you are caught doing any of this publicly, you will be removed from the Guild. No exceptions. Whilst we do ask you keep to a colour scheme: Reds, Yellows and Darks, it isn't a requirement. Wear what you want as long as it's not overly silly or eyecatching. Again, we're pirates, so please try to find attires that would suit a pirate setting. Faction & Mercenary Work: Those of the Briny Reaper serve themselves and aren't involved in any Alliance or Horde focused war efforts. However, if either side is lacking in numbers, a hefty sum of gold can often persuade these salty sea dogs to temporarily 'convert' their alignment. For the Alliance! For the Horde! For the Money! We're open and eager to cross paths with many guilds as both hired allies and enemies on both sides of the faction war, so please, do comment below or find me in game if this is something that would interest your guild. Launch Date: Our planned guild launch is scheduled for the 23rd of August. A week and two days after the initial Battle for Azeroth launch (14th). If you have any questions, leave them below and I will try to respond to all of them.Dirtymyers4 4h