Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
19 Aug Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859137676 and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua71 19 Aug
26 Nov History of Argent Dawn Updated May 28th 2017, 04:02 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#1 2005 - post 2 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#2 2006 - post 4 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#4 2007 - post 5 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#5 2008 - post 6 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#6 2009 - post 8 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#8 2010 - post 9 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#9 2011 - post 10 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#10 2012 - post 11 & 12 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#11 2013 - post 13 & 14 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#13 2014 - post 15 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#15 2015 - post 17 & 18 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#17 2016 - post 19 & 20 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#19Shevron284 26 Nov
3d Roleplaying Guild Map Hello Argent Dawn. I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way. As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track. So what is this? This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see. The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds. Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red. How do i create / manage my guild? Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time. Why are you making this? As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood. I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out. Do i need to make an account to see / use this? The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots. The email usually ends up in junkmail. If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account. I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454) Link the website: https://www.glaive-star.com Much love <3Adriloth76 3d
4d Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn Considering Legebril is ending his maintenance on the raiding progression thread, I thought I'd continue to do it. I will also continue to work with the old format because it's a nice format. If your guild isn't in yet, please do give a shout by mentioning your progress on this thread! Old link with tiers prior to Legion: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6200811339 ... Mythic Splendour (H) - 2/11 Alliance Normal/Heroic The Precariat - 11/11N - 9/11HC Horde Normal/Heroic Splendour - 11/11N - 11/11HC Salvation - 11/11N - 6/11HC ... Mythic 1. Helios (A) - 9/9 2. Detox (H) - 9/9 3. Blessing of Wisdom (A) - 9/9 4. Sephuzs Secret (A) - 8/9 5. Technical Issues (A) - 7/9 6. The Undecided (H) - 7/9 7. Nøcturnal (A) - 7/9 8. Shadow (A) - 7/9 9. Triggered (A) - 7/9 10. Menethil Yacht Club (A) - 7/9 ... The Precariat (A) - 5/9 Salvation (H) - 5/9 Reincarnation (A) - 3/9 Medicated (A) - 3/9 Arclight (H) - 2/9 Alliance Normal/Heroic The Precariat - 9/9N - 9/9HC Erandium - 9/9N - 9/9HC Reincarnation - 9/9HC Bloodrune - 9/9N - 9/9HC Mighty Pintos - 9/9HC Crux - 9/9N - 5/9HC Crystalline Dream - 9/9N - 3/9 HC Facepunch - 8/9N - 3/9HC Horde Normal/Heroic Lethal - 9/9N - 8/9HC Night Witches - 9/9N - 9/9HC Arclight - 9/9N - 9/9HC Defect - 8/9HC Salvation - 9/9HC ... The Nighthold - 10 bosses Alliance 1. Safety Dance (10/10M) 2. Helios (10/10M) 3. Epoch (10/10M) 4. Oakcrest/BankofStone (10/10M) Sephuzs Secret (9/10M) House of the Fallen (8/10M) Triggered (5/10M) The Precariat (10/10N) (10/10HC) (3/10M) Gestalt (2/10M) Mythic (10/10HC) (1/10M) Erandium (10/10N) (10/10HC) Crimson Dawn (10/10HC) Innovation (10/10HC) Bloodrune (10/10N) (10/10HC) Prismatic Society (6/10HC) Titans of War (4/10HC) Crystalline Dream (4/10HC) Lionheart Vanguard (7/10N) Horde Lethal (10/10N) (10/10HC) (4/10M) Night Witches (10/10HC) (3/10M) Steelsong (10/10N) (10/10HC) Insurgence (10/10HC) Trial of Valor - 3 bosses Alliance 1. Safety Dance (3/3M) Oakcrest/BankofStone (3/3M) Erandium (3/3N) (3/3HC) The Precariat (3/3N) (3/3HC) Mythic (3/3HC) Lysis (3/3HC) Crimson Dawn (3/3HC) House of the Fallen (2/3M) Epoch (3/3M) Innovation (3/3HC) Gestalt (3/3HC) Triggered (2/3M) Sephuzs Secret (2/3M) Bloodrune (3/3HC) Horde Steelsong (3/3N) (3/3HC) Lethal (3/3N) (3/3HC) (2/3M) The Emerald Nightmare - 7 Bosses Alliance Erandium (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Precariat (7/7N)(7/7HC) (1/7M) Bloodrune (7/7N) (7/7HC) Inceptum (7/7HC) Immortalis (7/7N) (2/7HC) RP raiding group RaidPlay (7/7N) Lionheart Vanguard (7/7N) Shadow (7/7N) (7/7HC) Square One (7/7N) (1/7HC) Katla (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Pioneers (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) Oakcrest/BankofStone (7/7N) (7/7HC) (7/7M) The Silver Charge (7/7N) Mythic (5/7M) Lysis (7/7HC) Crimson Dawn (3/7M) House of the Fallen (7/7M) Epoch (7/7M) Innovation (7/7HC) Gestalt (2/7M) Triggered (7/7M) Sephuzs Secret (7/7M) Horde Safety Dance (7/7HC) (7/7M) Lethal (7/7N) (7/7HC) (7/7M) Oathsworn (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Rotgarde (7/7N) Legalise Peacebloom (6/7HC) Night Witches (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mythic (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mistfall (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Wyld Hunt (7/7N) (7/7HC) Steelsong (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Eclipsion Blade (7/7N) (7/7HC) SSRCG (7/7N) (1/7H) Splendour (7/7N) (1/7H) The Crimson Clover (7/7N)Brutus81 4d
04 Dec Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the battle.net forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz416 04 Dec
03 Dec Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Dawnmantle (Research, artifact hunting, pro Quel'Thalas/Horde) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Silvermoon Guard Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Crimson Caravan (Trading company / Horde auxiliary force) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Dark Eye Clan (outcast clan trying to survive) Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Order of the Raven Blood (independent order, adventurers) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Sacrilegious School (Occultism, outcasts, spellweaver criminals) Shadowmoon Pact (New Horde clan, welcoming warlocks and demon hunters too) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers. Strictly business.) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) The Valiant Accord (Adventurers and mercenaries against the Legion) Valiant Blade (Mercenaries on the Broken Isles) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Fel Hunt (Illidari) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Elvhenan (Military, assistance force) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Evenhold (Knights, refugees. Not taking evil classes. Lordaeron races only) Keepers of the Drassili (Protection of nature, races beyond Nelf also welcome) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Knights of the Isle (Knightly order) Highwave Irregulars (Kul Tirasian naval military/trade, not directly Alliance) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Northmist Company (Alliance, but close connection to the Argent Dawn) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Silver Archaeology Co (Explorer's League organisation) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Ace Platoon (Alliance Elite homeguard) The Chapter of Embers (Human, Dwarf, Worgen - holy order, military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Seventh Penal Company (Penal military) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Penal military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Bronzebrew Company (Trade) The Crooked Peace (Criminal) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Outblades (Relic hunters, mercenaries, thieves) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Ivorystar Academy (Mage school, Kirin Tor aligned) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) The Silver Charge (Silver Hand knights and some allies) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) The Synaari Pact (Freeform) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone161 03 Dec
28 Nov Agtherian's Arcane Addendum - Beginner Arcane RP Guide! ... Hello, Argent Dawn! I previously made a guide on Arcane magic. It covered Arcane well enough but it was in dire need of touching up. The lore has since changed and rather than bump a dead thread, I figured I'd make a new one. I'm creating this guide to help people determine what the Arcane is, what it can do, and if it'd be fun to roleplay. There are a fair few people who are interested in roleplaying with the Arcane but don't really understand it, so this is more aimed at them. Saying that, the first section is less about roleplay and more about the lore of the Arcane. If you believe yourself to have a good grasp, you can skip it. But I'd advise rereading it to make sure that you're up to snuff with recent changes made to the lore. With that, let's begin at the basics. Contents 1 - Arcane and It's origins1.1 - Arcane and Azeroth 1.2 - Arcane and Mana 2 - Arcane and It's Laws2.1 - Arcane and Weaving Spells 2.2 - Arcane and The Schools 3 - Arcane and It's Application3.1 - Arcane and Power 3.2 Arcane and Everyone Else 4 - Arcane Afterthoughts-Sources 1. Arcane and It's OriginsTo understand where the Arcane comes from, you first need to know how the universe works. Azeroth, the world your Mage will most probably inhabit, is just another speck of dirt in a vast universe. It adheres to the same rules everywhere else does. Those rules are governed by six cosmic forces; Light, Shadow, Life, Death, Order and Disorder. Arcane derives from the forces of Order. That is to say, the power of the Arcane comes from wielding it with precision and disciplined concentration. Fel, the antithesis of Arcane and it's opposite, derives from Disorder. These two were born from the forces of Light and Shadow clashing, the chaotic mashing of the two forces forming the universe as we know it. With the creation of the universe came the eventual birth of the race, the Titans. These creatures roamed the universe, composed of primordial matter and arcane power. The very embodiment of Order, they could reshape worlds and quell raging spirits all across the universe.. They were born as world-souls, their goal to help other world-souls reach a state of maturity where they could travel the cosmos. They eventually happened upon Azeroth. 1.1 Arcane and AzerothThis is the world that is home to many different races and many different magics. It's also a Titan in a world-shaped egg but for now we'll continue to focus on the Arcane and how the two are tied. When the Titans arrived at Azeroth, they noticed malefic creatures attached to it. These cancerous lifeforms currently embedding themselves into Azeroth were Old Gods. Their one purpose is to corrupt the sleeping world-soul. Realising what a threat these Old Gods posed, a Titan reached down to the surface and tore an Old God from the world. In doing so, the Titan ripped open a wound on Azeroth and it's arcane life essence began to flow forth. The Titan's, in a bid to close the wound, created the Well of Eternity via wards which allowed the wound to settle, giving it balance and allowing it's power to seep into the world. 1.2 Arcane and ManaI will gloss over the majority of the story that led to the Well's destruction. It's stuff your Mage can research in-character and only important for the sake of knowing a major event. A race of trolls lived besides the Well after it's creation, and they eventually became what we call the Kaldorei (Night Elves) and after another few millennia they nearly reached levels of power that could rival the Titans, all thanks to the Arcane. They were domineering with their control of magic, going so far as to arrange marriages to strengthen their bloodlines with potent mages. (As a side-note, this does in fact imply that an affinity for the Arcane is hereditary, but as proven by many characters in lore, not required to be powerful. Your mage can come from nothing or be born from a long lineage of magi.) Eventually their indulgent use of the Arcane drew in forces from beyond Azeroth and caused an unprecedented invasion unlike anything seen by a mortal race yet. The resulting war led to the Well of Eternity's destruction and in aftermath of the Well's implosion, sundered the world. Quick Disclaimer: This brief section is a combination of both lore and speculation. I'll try to keep it clear which is which, but both use lore as their basis. Mana is the fuel for your Mage's spells, so here is some minor information on what a Mage uses. Lore: Mana is essentially a secondary form of stamina. The more of it you expend, the more drained you'll be. The character will become sluggish and visibly tired and spells cannot be maintained indefinitely. If your Mage is somehow reliant on mana to sustain themselves (in the form of spells) and they are drained of it, they may die. These are extreme cases. Speculation: Mana is naturally generated from the cosmic forces of the universe (Light/Shadow/Order etc) converging onto one point and forming a extremely large vortice of mana. This allows people to tap into this force and use it to turn Mana into the Arcane. The best metaphor to use is to compare Mana to water and the Arcane to steam. Your Mage is just forcing a "chemical" reaction. End of speculation. 2. Arcane and It's Laws Now that we have some understanding of where the magic comes from and how you bring it into being, these is one more step before you even consider what race, schools, or personality you decide for your mage. The four laws. Every practitioner of the Arcane will adhere to these laws. These are not enforced laws, but they are fundamental to the beliefs of Arcane's use and define it. ... These are the rules given by every Mage trainer to beginners in a letter. These are meant as a warning. If your mage chooses to ignore these warnings, they will set themselves on a road to either glory or downfall. If your Mage outright chooses not to believe in these laws, that's fine too. But they'd possibly far more destructive and irresponsible with their use of magic, causing them to draw the unwanted attention of others. There is a fifth law, The Law of Sympathy, but this one is not a warning. Although if your character is cowardly enough, they may take it into consideration. When someone handles an item, they leave a part of their magical aura attached to it. When a person continues to use the same item over and over, the stronger their 'sympathy' to the item becomes. As everyone has a unique aura, this means the item with traces of the aura can actually be tracked. Articles of clothing, written books, locks of hair, these can all be traced back to Mages who use them over and over. 2.1 Arcane and Weaving Spells Now we get into the good stuff, casting arcane magic. There are many different examples of different ways to cast magic. Some spells use grand hand gestures, some use verbal components in a language many do not understand, others rely on reagents along with carved runic patterns. Whatever your character chooses to use, even if it's a combination of all of the above, it needs to be used in some form to cast a spell. This is what makes a mage so versatile. Even if they're bound and gagged, with a wiggle of their fingers they can free themselves easily out of conventional bindings. If a mage is Silenced, a magical affliction through curse or spell, they will not be able to use any form of magic. There are many prisons and bindings that sever a mage from their connection to the Arcane. It will then fall to you to use your quick wits to get out of that situation quickly. Even if your Mage is not an alchemist, they can create a gem to tap into and recover some of their spent mana to keep soldiering on. These are mainly used for Mages who have run out of mana and are in a pinch, such as the middle of combat or to prevent someone draining the entirety of their reserves. That does not mean your Mage has to be a combatant though. There are many aspects which can be explored which allows them to avoid combat entirely. The potency is always there. If you're stuck for examples of magic to use in roleplay, simply look to your action bar. Think about how hard the spell would be for your character to use. An apprentice would not be able to make himself invisible instantly, but an archmage would have no issues.Agtherian58 28 Nov
7m Peeves of Fourteen Let us not stop the Gravy train of Peeves, let's keep going. My peeve: Gravy not looking like a badass ZandalariTubri417 7m
12m [Brainstorming] Void Elf strike team Guild. So. We're starting to get information about what the Void Elves will be like, and I am personally beginning to warm up to it. So I am putting together group interested in hashing out a military guild. We'll be sharing possible guild ideas, sharing characters concepts, and making fabulous purple transmogs. ---------------- ... The current concept is a military guild based around professional usage of the void, as well as proving its value to the world. Combined with a healthy love and appreciation of the Ren'dorei's new powers. These Ren'Dorei seek to set themselves apart from their former people and grow into their own. So, think a small strike team of well-trained fighters. The guild will have a very big focus on RP-PVP due to the theme of the future expansion, with a side of searching for new sources of power. Discord link: https://discord.gg/R9kdTbdNoldor27 12m
23m [A-RP] The Undaunted Rebellion Greetings fellow AD Players! In this post I'll be presenting you everything there is to know about The Undaunted Rebellion and how to contact us should you wish to join. (There will be no tl;dr because if you're serious about joining a guild, you will read the whole thing.) What is The Undaunted Rebellion? The Undaunted Rebellion is a gathering of individuals that had grown tired of the way the alliance has been lead. They seek to undermine the rule of the current King, Anduin Wrynn. Hiding in the shadows and striking hard at the alliance whenever an opportunity presents itself, meaning that they often have to exclude themselves completely from civilization, or risk being captured should they enter cities like Stormwind. With the course of the guild, we have developed something we call the resource system, which is explained in depth, below. It's a long read, and will not feature a tl;dr What are resources? Resources are a fun guild mechanic we have implemented, to give our events a dynamic feel to it. They act with logic. For example, if you have five people, some wood and a bit of steel, you can't really assault a keep, can you? But if you have 300 people, siege weapons, weapons and armor crafted from wood, steel and stone, you can! In short, you have to have a certain amount of resources before you can pull off an event of a certain scale. What are they used for? You can't really make explosives without gunpowder can you? Or craft a –steel sword with wood? No! Of course you can't. You need all the necesarry ingredients to do so. In which, resources come into play. Our guild is very logic based, meaning that for example, for a siege tower, you will need wood, iron and steel as a resource! Event Stages? What....? What are you on to? Indeed! Event stages. We've got three stages of events, the first one being a Small Scale event, the second one being a Large Scale Event and the Third one being a Take Over event! The stages are described below!(At the very end of this message, is a threshold showing exactly from how much to how much resources are needed for a certain stage) Small Scale Event: An event that is limited with resources pretty much. As in real life, you can't do much if you haven't got the money/resources to pull it off. A Small Scale Event, the most we could do, is raid a small Alliance outpost. Large Scale Event: More resources, more power! Want a neat siege weapon? Want to see that wall blasted to smithereens with explosives? Fear no more! You've got the resources to do such. A Large Scale event is the raiding of something the size of a small Garrison. (Booty Bay OOCly would fit the size of a small Garrison for –EXAMPLE-.) Take Over Event: <Drum roll!> This is considered a major event and can be done only a few times per month. Or well, really depends on the income of resources. Here we give our all, tinker, create, forge whatever we can think of. For we're taking over a strategic alliance location for ourselves! To act as our new base! Thats right, the people get to choose it. And an awesome event accompanies the choosing of a new base! Okay... we're taking alliance strategic remote points... won't that appear as suspicious? Of course it will. But that is a thing we've solved with the so called Suspicion Points! Events will be hosted in our new base where alliance officials come to check the standing of the garrison! What resources need to be brought in etc... now, here comes our part. We will be acting as the alliance soldiers from whom we took over the garrison (and who we brutally slaughtered to the last man). If an alliance official finds something out of the ordinary in the Garrison, it will contribute to our suspicion points. The max. Threshold for suspicion points is 5/5. If it reaches the max, it's time for us to scoot and get the hell out of there! If the alliance official dies in our base, immediately a maximum of 5/5 suspicion points are reached! So... we scoot and thats it? No repercussions? <RED ALERT> WRONG! <RED ALERT> There are always repercussions. A mechanic we call, Hot Alert. Our faces are known in Stormwind for one OOC(real time) week. Meaning that you can enter Stormwind, but it is unadvised to do so without a disguise. For you'll be almost surely caught by the guard and –arrested-! Now, this function is up to the players, we officers can't run after you and check if you're wearing a disguise. So please, respect the rule if a hot Alert happens. There will be a notification in Discord and guild MOTD even! What is the Resource Threshold for such events...? 0-50 = Low Scale Event Resources Requirement 50-85 = High Scale Event Resources Requirement 85-100 = Take Over Resources Requirement Example of the -guild- resource pool: Current Resources: Food: 50/100 Water: 50/100 Gold: 34 Wood: 50/100 Stone: 50/100 Steel/Iron: 50/100 Gunpowder: 50/100 Explosives: 50/100 How do we increase the –guilds- resources? Option A: So. Imagine we're in need of wood right? Your character goes out and chops down a few trees and brings them in as guild resources! You emote it under the resources tab(Discord) or RP it out and inform one of the officers with the example placed below. Example Name:Bob Means of obtaining Resources?: Foresting. How much: So, you've probably seen our chart about resources, yes? We've got them all neatly listed under #resources. They go up to a 100. If it ever reaches a 100/100, means that it's filled (The only exception to this, is of course gold. We can hide that anywhere.) please be considerate and don't emote your character bringing in 50 points of Wood unless he/she has a very good reason and backstory for it. Expect to be questioned by the inquisition if you do that!(Aka the officers) Option B: So. B is for the lazy peeps that only want to attend events and contribute to the Guild Resources! Or well, actually it's for the DM's. My bad! A DM at the end of an event that was dedicated to the raiding or scavenging of resources, has to do a /roll 20. For each roll it multiplies as shown below. Rolls a 1: All of our resources advance by 2. Rolls a 2: All of our resources advance by 4. Rolls a 3: All of our resources advance by 6. and so on. Option C: Every Two Days the guild resource pool gains 3 of each resource... and thats really it... boring in my opinion, to wait for the last option to happen! Sanguinehunt17 23m
40m [A/H] Return of the Damned Campaign. ... It is said that the so scattered forces of the Scourge have been sighted together more and more these recent days. Never did anyone think any of it, until now. The settlements of both Factions have been under assault now for the recent weeks, notably larger every attack. The locals have requested aid from the main land and help is granted, but limited due to the constant push of the Legion's forces on the frontlines. The orders of the two Factions have been requested to assemble and set out North to assist the locals in Northrend with their ever increasing threat. TLDR: The Scourge and cultists who are under leadership of this rumoured Lich are forming a global danger to the Northern population, and if not stopped, possibly Azeroth. Hey there people of Argent Dawn! This thread is made for the Campaign set for the date of 15-24th of January and is a RP-PvE Sandbox Campaign with a structure of main events and side events, of which the main events will be hosted by a set of specific DM's to tell the tale and let the story unfold! the side events can be hosted by about anyone who signs up to DM in this campaign. The current idea is to spend 7 days in DragonBlight for the main course of events, followed by the finish of 3 days in Zul'Drak. Info shall be given for both maps of which locations are main events / side events and which locations are open for encampment / main hubs etc, more details about this further down the post. F.A.Q How will we know about this threat? The Alliance and Horde officials will have been notified of the ongoing issues in Northrend, they are the ones who have sound the warning bells and requests you and your order's presence in Northrend to vanquish this threat so that they may focus fully on the battle with the Legion. How will my guild/my Character travel to the Campaign? No proper travel arrangements are in place, everyone and every order is free to use any way of travel they see best suited for themselves, be it by boat, portal or other means. You are welcome to join this Campaign at any time you wish, though it is not recommended to do so story-wise. Can we RP-PvP? This is an RP-PvE Campaign, and the team of DungeonMasters will focus on the story and it's events happening around it. This is however a sandbox campaign and if people feel the wish to RP-PvP, it is expected that you do so without interfering the Campaign itself. I myself beside the other hosts will not be held responsible and do not support RP-PvP on this Campaign! I do also request not to be inquired about situations on RP-PvP during this campaign, as it is not my focus, unless the situation disturbs the campaign. The main threat is the possible Lich and the Scourge in this campaign, not the other faction. I hope that we can all enjoy a good campaign up in Northrend without disturbances, in which i politely request that any RP-PvP is kept away from the towns and event locations. Where should my character / my guild camp? In detail below about the zones, you will find information about which towns / hubs are used by the Alliance / Horde during our stay in the zone, your safest bet is to be in such a town to make sure you don't interfere with DM's hosting events but you are free to journey as you desire. You may also find information below about zones which are dangerous and filled with peril, controlled by the enemy. ((This might still need to be worked on, it's early on at this point and we are still in the talks of where and what etc)) Dungeon Master's Guidelines: 1. This is to be a Sandbox campaign, in which you are free to use any location you see fit for an event under the topic of the Scourge / Cultists activity. - The locations of the main events will be shown on a map, this area is not avaible for random events due to the story unfolding there - ((Said map is still to be created and will be updated here in this thread when it is done and everything is set to go)) 2. All buildings and structures in the areas you hold an event in, can be used, damaged and destroyed, just make sure that these buildings can be repaired and fixed to a degree after the campaign is over. 3. Within reason and if discussed with the other Dungeon Masters of the campaign, a settlement can be lost to the enemies, however, the main Hubs will be too heavily fortified for the enemy to take over, these are secure and protected and will be the main use for the main events of the Campaign. 4. A discord will be created for the Dungeon-Masters alone to keep a free clean place for all DM's to peacefully discuss the happenings of the campaign. Are inviduals allowed to partake? (Non guilded people) Yes, you are very much welcome to! it is suggested you join the campaign with a guild that takes along inviduals with them, or form your own group for the time during the campaign. Can i join this Campaign coming from an neutral order?(Ebons, Crusaders etc) Yes you can!, just mention which order your character represents and i shall note that down in the Invidual list! Who will be Dungeon-Mastering for us this Campaign? Hopefully along with some others, I myself will be hosting the main events. And aside of that, we will need your help!, if you are an experienced and willing soul that enjoys to DM, please let yourself be heard by commenting below! Campaign maps. Here below you will find information maps that will show you which areas are free to be traveled and explored in, and which areas are restricted from acces due to main event story that will be taking place there, these areas are considered to be highly deadly, and will be assigned with the Yellow color. Side-event areas will be assigned with the PURPLE Color. Alliance main base will be assigned with the DARK BLUE Color. Alliance Settlements (Small camps) will be assigned with the LIGHT-BLUE Color. Horde main base will be assigned with the DARK-RED Color. Horde Settlements (Small camps) will be assigned with the LIGHT-RED Color. DragonBlight - T.B.A Zul'Drak - T.B.A How do i sign up to this Campaign? Simply write down in the comment section if you are joining as a guild/Invidual from either Horde or Alliance. Who will host this Campaign from an IC standing? All alliance guild leaders will be forming a council and will discuss the threats and plans of action together, to keep the main event Storyline in check, i myself as Jessina will be the chairman of the Alliance council, not to lead or decide, but to make sure the council works well and doesn't come in clash with the main events, in general the council is at the helm. The Horde's purpose is unclear at this point on the topic, depending on how many guilds sign up, i will take action upon and see which solution works best! I'm eager to take suggestions and tips, as this is my very first major campaign that i will be hosting, however i have an experienced group of people who will be joining and assisting in this Campaign! A worry i face is that this concept has been often used, however we're trying to create a more multiple evolving story campaign here this time around!Jéssina42 40m
41m (A:Rp) The Sanction Unit Ic Story ... OOC Info. This will be a be a Heavy Military Guild, do it consist of all sorts of types of people and races. Do Discipline is set high and is to be expected to be punish for failing it and a lot of yelling. But Also, a Brother/Sister Hood of a small tight knit unit, were each men and women shall come to know one another’s Strong side and Weak Side. Ranks Staff Sergeant, leader of the unit. Instructor: Army equal of Corporal Warden: Army equal of Lance Corporal Sanction: Army equal of Private Hired Hand: Army Equal of Private OOC: Speaks for itself. Uniforms? Only a dress code and Surcoats of the Alliance. Dress Code: Blue-Gray-Brown-Green-Purple-White-Black Base of Operations? Morgans vigil in Burning Steps. How to join? Contact me. Any race and class allow. However be prepared for hard Discipline and training but also to bound with the person next to ya. There also this poster around *Posters that hangs around the larger cities and towns around the Alliance* “We all witness the horror of war, yet why is our focus on the frontlines. When our flanks are so exspose? This is why I Staff Sergeant Marack Graren, have over a long period of time. Been trying to get a unit form for this very perpuse, of keeping our flanks safe. While so many are on the front lines. Do you see yourself as a patriot of the Alliance? Do you wish to ensure we not outflank by any enemy of the Alliance? Then contact me and Enlist in the Sanction Unit.” Rules? Yes. A few. OOC rules. Trolling lolling meta erp etc. Instant kick, I do not tolerate it. Inactive for more then 5 days- Kick, do with chance of re invite. (Only counts if no words given) Aggressive OOC behavior- 1 Warning and kick if it happens again. IC Rules No drinking allowed on Duty. Keep Discipline high and Recall who you serve. Fighting among the Company outside spars, is not allow. Dis Regard leadership will result in punishment. Pay attention to Orders given, they keep you alive. Keep uniform and weapons battle ready, no rust nor lack of oil shall be allowed without punishment. Example of punishment, depending on offence. Varies from laps, to pushups. And Whipping. Reminder, this is merely an idea and is very much in work.Graren1 41m
42m Argent Dawn General Madness Thread #289 We are all mad here anyway, so what the heck...Uruk375 42m
45m What characters have you retired? Over such a long period of time, undoubtedly some or most of you have either retired or shelved older characters and concepts. This could be because of a lack of interest, ooc drama, reaching a natural conclusion of their storyline, unachieved expectations or genuine retirement due to age and/ or injury. Tell me your stories, and take a stroll down memory lane.Destroyer42 45m
1h [RP-PvP] Sent to the Savannah: TBA Hello Argent Dawners, I have a RP-PvP campaign planned that will take place in the Southern Barrens. It will take place roughly in March, dates tbt. Any volunteers that want to help me orchestrate this can contact me in-game or via the Argent Dawn Discord channel. Soon.tm has come now. I bring you.. a first look at the narrative! More will be provided later on as exact mechanics are still being worked on. Will you fight for the men in blue, the ever virtuous Alliance? Or will you take up arms, in the name of the mighty Horde?Zeepkist21 1h
1h [H-RP] Bloodsong Advance - Who Dares Wins Created in early 2017, around the concept of a nomadic warband. The Bloodsong was a warband sworn to preserve and perpetuate Orcish culture and society, consisting of orcs and half-orcs from all clans and paths, brought together to defend the orcish way of life and the horde.. But that time has passed. In light of the increasing intensity of the Argus effort, the guild reformed and joined the Horde military to better protect and serve our people. The Horde is at its greatest when unified. In our focus on the Burning Legion, darkness has been allowed to fester where once it was buried. It is time to move forwards, not backwards. ... ... ... ...Thrazók101 1h
1h Winter's Veil Party! Hello and welcome to the page! This is not much however we can keep track of all of the people wishing to join! Please do the following if you're interested in doing some games or if you wish to observe. Name: Age: Race: Game: Occupation: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/201636 for the link to the Argent Archives! Hope to see you there! Owner of the Winter's Veil Party - Laurenie/RosaalineLaurenie7 1h
2h What made you start playing WoW? Same as the title, what made you start playing WoW? For me, I was 13, reading the free newspaper on the bus to school and saw an article about a Chinese player playing WoW for 48 hours straight or something, and subsequently dying. I thought to myself it must be a good game to warrant that much commitment.. 11 years later and i'm still alive.Tórr61 2h
2h [H-RP] The Eclipsion Blade - Open Recruitment! We have finally made our own website. You can find all valueable information about us here. https://eclipsionblade.com/ ... ~ Unknown Knight, written a few days after the crossing of the Dark Portal. Introduction Hello, everyone. It is good to see that your interest has been caught thus far. In order to keep this thread straight to the point and informative, let me keep this a short bound part and welcome you to read on and hopefully with great interest. Feedback will be welcomed and any questions relevant to the guild will be answered appropriately. If you wish for an overview of the actual guild draft from the argent archives, then please feel free to enjoy reading through the content on the following link. With that said, I hope you enjoy the read here and find this thread informative and intrigueing alike. Guild Page, Argent Archives: https://eclipsionblade.com/ http://www.argentarchives.org/node/177864Thallandor155 2h
2h Your crazy character concepts Ok we all have character concepts that we've thought about but either never gotten off the ground or things have come up which put them on the shelf. What are your oddball concepts that you've thought about doing but never really gone too far with? Mine was a Night elf female that claimed to be a male Gnome. His brain implanted into the body due to nefarious means of his Goblin rival. She had a very large scar running along her head that could be the results of surgery OR could also be a very sever blow to the head which may be causing her to have delusions that simply make her think she was a male gnome trapped in a female night elf body. Somehow I doubt the concept would be accepted by the community at large and thus it has never gotten further than creating it and having it languish in character screen hell.Xinyichen31 2h
3h <Facepunch> want friendly raiders for HC progress! Hello Argent Dawn! <Facepunch> are a relatively new guild (re-formed again just before Legion, after heavily raiding during WotLK) to the server, but we've quickly distinguished ourselves as a non-hardcore guild that still manages to make excellent progress in Heroic raids, while having a blast! Our current raid progress in Legion as of 13/12/17: Antorus, the Burning Throne Heroic: 5/11 Tomb of Sargeras Heroic: 9/9 Nighthold Heroic: 10/10 Trial of Valor Heroic: 3/3 Emerald Nightmare Heroic: 7/7 We only raid twice a week - Wednesday and Monday nights 19:30-22:30 ST, so we make sure our raiding counts and we're still able to make heavy progression very quickly despite this relatively small amount of raid time. Our main important factors in what we do are having fun, supporting one-another, and dedicating ourselves to improving as best we can. You don't have to have super cutting edge gear, just turn up to raids and dedicate yourself to improving, learning, and being a decent bit of company! Current vacancies for raid spots: - Tanks: Closed. - Ranged DPS: Open to exceptional applications! - Melee DPS: Closed. - Healers: Closed. We'd love to hear from you if you're interested in any of the above openings - please feel free to leave a message here, shoot me an in-game message, or just join our Discord server and introduce yourself! https://discord.gg/XUZGU3k - LonessiaLonessia24 3h
5h [A-RP] The Covenant of Lordaeron - Revitalised. IC Brothers and sisters, before we begin, we all know we walk the path of divine Light, we are the chosen of the faith. Our belief does not fail or falter in the wake of those who would carry out sacrilege and blasphemy. We are the incorruptible, we are the Covenant, the ever stalwart champions of the Lights grace. Now my brethren I ask you to join me in prayer, as always as we stand beneath our banner of hope. We are the light in the darkness and we will ever strive onward to glory in the name of faith and justice. We all know this, and we will arise triumphant as the harbingers of a new age. Gathered here today, are the North's finest. The true remnants of the Grand Alliance. We, brothers and sisters, are the Bulwark that stands against the scourge and the Forsaken war machine alike. We take up arms to prevent the Thandol Span from falling, to stop the unholy hordes from washing into Khaz-Modan and Stormwind. We are the line – A line the undead cannot cross. Esarus thar no'Darador, my brothers and sisters. By blood and honour we serve. Light and Lordaeron! OOC Who are we? Good evening, and thank you for your interest in our new guild thread. The Covenant of Lordaeron has gone strong for about Five years now, but due to a break we had a while ago, our numbers have sadly dwindled. So now we turn towards the forums to get ourselves known once again. The concept is simple: A paramilitary order, part of the Alliance, created to protect Alliance interests and its people in the Northern Kingdoms. Not only Lordaeron, but all six kingdoms of the north. A common misconception is that we are yet another guild that seeks to reclaim Lordaeron from the Forsaken. While we would love to see them all purged and the holy lands retaken for the Alliance, that is simply a utopia at the time of writing. Perhaps in the future, but for now we focus on protecting what we still have by securing what remains of Alliance assets and resources. Our unit is always ready to move on. As a mobile infantry group we often T.A.B.with our Bergens into an area at a moment's notice, and return to our encampment (or put up a new one) at any time. Our OOC ethos and goals Our RP is based around true military tactics and mannerisms. A great help here is that some of our members actually serve in the forces, because of this we focus on making the Roleplaying experiences immersive and interactive. We make a focus on an OOC perspective to always develop one’s character to a high calibre to delve into character depth and development as a whole. Our RP is also heavily focused around the Light. With a roster that consists of 90% Paladins, we are a beacon of light wherever we go. The High Lord holds sermons in the name of the Light often, especially when we are near places of worship as the Covenant often travels to sites of pilgrimage in accordance to its doctrine. This does not mean we're your typical kind of Paladin, though – We don't shy away from harsher methods to get the job done. Our top priority is safety in the northern lands. Due to our ideology seeing the Northern lands as little more than consumed by anarchy and discord we bring forth justice and retribution with a high degree of scrutiny. RANKS High-Lord High-Lord Solomon Wyrmfyre has lead the covenant for many years now, ever since the original Covenant, the Covenant of Southshore was consolidated from a meeting between northern guilds into one actual force, unified as a Paramilitary Group. He is who guides us along the righteous path. The voice of the Covenant and in many respects its soul. Commissioned Officers Knight-Commander: Military leader of the Covenant, and the High-Lord's replacement in times of absence. Known commonly as the sword and shield of the Covenant in matters of warfare and strategy. Leads with honour, pride and strict discipline. Also assists in diplomatic matters. This rank is currently held by Gilford J. Wyrmscar, a fair yet strict Paladin who seems distant and reserved apart from his Duty and family. Knight-Captain: Second in command of the Military forces. Third in charge of the Covenant and in charge of the discipline of the Covenant as a whole, from the rank and file to the NCO and CO ranks. This rank is currently occupied by Sir Thanduril Amerlon, a brutal, notorious man who puts results before anything else. Lieutenant: First of the Commissioned Officers. Voice of the higher Echelon towards the NCO's and privates. Known for its purpose in consolidating the Brothers and Sisters in battle, overseeing the training regime and administration of the Covenant. Current leading Lieutenant: Theradus Lightfinder. Noble paladin, first to take up arms to protect the Covenant. Non-Commissioned Officers Sergeant & Sergeant-Major: Highest of the non-commissioned officers. Loyal and steadfast in their duties, they are the bridge between officers and soldiers. The rank of Sergeant-Major is filled by Dame Lucinta Wyrmscar, a trained battle-healer. Utter devotion to family and unit. Her loyal assistant and Sergeant is Alneria Flameheart, young but well-disciplined, ready to sacrifice everything should the need arise. Both ladies carry the word and sword of the Covenant in pride. Lance-Corporal and Corporal: Lance-Corporal is the first NCO rank a soldier can achieve, and should be the goal of any who takes up arms. Those who show devotion and professionalism might just be elevated. Two soldiers currently show the discipline to attain this rank: John Marklew and Avalan Steelbreaker. Corporal is one step above Lance-Corporal, and there is one that currently holds this rank: Marvin Faraday, the head medic. Soldiers Private: The default soldier rank most of the Covenant holds, the rank and file which is the true backbone of the Covenants drive and motivation. Disciplined and strong, their faith never faltering, ready to pick up arms for the true cause. They don't buckle down under fear, they keep the lines strong against the hordes of undead. Recruit: As the name implies, fresh recruits. Not yet deemed worthy to call themselves a Private nor a true Brother or Sister of the Covenant. This rank is meant to only be held for a few weeks, in which they may prove that they would make a proud Private. RECRUITMENT So you wish to take up arms for the North! Grand. There's only a few things you should know. We adhere to basic roleplay rules. No godemoting. Do not make your character invincible. No ERP in public. Things like that should go without speaking. Pass those criteria? Great! Are you a human or high-elf? Amazing! Are you a worgen or dwarf? Sure, we'll have you! Are you a night-elf, gnome, draenei or pandaren? Allow me to direct you to the door on your right. This isn't to say we're racist – We just support the ideal of Humanity and its culture through the teachings of the Human Church of the Holy Light, along with their closest allies taking the fight to the undead scum with their belief in the True Light not faltering. Plus, the uniform just looks better on the superior races. *Cackles* Still intent on joining up? I like your enthusiasm! Contact any of the CO's or NCO's mentioned above and we'll set you up an official Covenant interview. Isn't that exciting?! (Disclaimer: The Forsaken War Machine is not to be trifled with. Loss of limb not covered by insurance, but we'll assign you a prime medic and put a unicorn band-aid on the wound. Dental plan is only covered to restore your teeth to the state they were at when you joined. Yes, we keep a magical record of that.) -Special thanks to our lovely Alneria for drafting up this Advertisement.-Sólómon85 5h
6h LF name Theodor Tired of the apostrophe, so I'm searching for the owner of the name 'Theodor'. Reply if you know anything!Theòdor6 6h
7h [A-PvE] RaidPlay - One Year of Raiding So what is the purpose of RaidPlay? RaidPlay is a play on the words Raiding and Roleplay and the idea of it is to be a weekly casual raiding event to serve as an alternative to a raiding guild and to allow those otherwise embroiled in dedicated roleplaying guilds, rookies and veterans alike, a chance to experience endgame PvE progression and content together without having to join a PvE guild. Something something realm community. How does one get in on this and what is required of me as a raider? The easiest way to join in on this is to get in touch with either Tidrick, Parithea or Maldore ingame or through leaving a message below containing relevant information and you'll be added to a calendar event. I'd recommend approaching us ingame to be certain that you're added to the list. When it comes to requirements you will need to have an item level of 15 below what is dropped in the raid we're currently running with higher being recommended. Joining us on Discord is also a must in order to be able to hear tactics and call outs, mic participation is not mandatory. You'll be expected to bring consumables to last you through the raid(2-3x Flask and one stack of buff food should be plenty). As of the time I'm updating this our current progression is: EN N: 7/7 EN HC: 7/7 ToV N: 3/3 NH N: 10/10 NH HC: 10/10 ToS N: 9/9 ToS HC: 9/9 ABT N: 11/11 ... ...Tidrick207 7h
7h War and Commerce - the Astral Accord (NB/BE-RP) With patch 7.3.5 around the corner (sort of), my friends and I have decided that now would be a good time to drum up support for an upcoming Nightborne and Blood Elf guild in the works for Battle for Azeroth. While the idea is cemented, there are still bits and pieces that need ironing out - any feedback that the community can provide would be greatly appreciated! ----------------------------------- “The Nightborne and our distant cousins, the Blood Elves, have shared both fate and destiny. Both our peoples have struggled with a reliance on magic and have faced treachery from within, only to have risen from the brink of destruction with a new power that will shape the destinies of our people forever more. It is from these struggles that we draw strength, and from the ashes we forge new bonds of friendship that will endure for generations to come. It is time to venture beyond the sanctity of Suramar and show the people of Azeroth that the Nightborne are ready to reclaim their place in this world, and we will not be alone. May the Shal'dorei and the Sin'dorei stride together into a future that both races can be proud of.” – Lady Estella Moonscorn ----------------------------------- The In-Character The war to reclaim Suramar brought the elven races together like never before. In the wake of the city's devastation and subsequent liberation, many amongst the Nightborne saw an opportunity to explore a world that had long since been denied to them. One such Nightborne, a nobleborn woman by the name of Estella Moonscorn, saw an opportunity not in what lay beyond Suramar's walls, but what lay within the walls of another great city. The Nightborne had been long estranged from their erstwhile kin across the sea, the descendants and followers of Dath'remar Sunstrider. Like Dath'remar, the Blood Elves proved not only to be valiant warriors but powerful sorcerers which put the Duskwatch to shame many a time. Of all the soldiery that stormed the gates of Suramar and laid siege to Elisande's palace, it was the Blood Knights of the Sin'dorei that drew Estella's eye the most. Imagine her joy, then, when the First Arcanist declared the Nightborne's allegiance to the Horde. A pact was struck between the opportunistic lady and a like-minded Magister that would aid not only in the restoration of Suramar, but the cultural, theological and political ties of both people. The Nightborne lacked the momentum to properly propel themselves into the world without a helping hand, and her new allies were more than happy to lead the way. So it was that the Astral Accord was struck – an agreement between the two races to facilitate trade and companionship between the two peoples and to engage in the art of war that they both wove so well, for the Horde. To this end, the Astral Accord seeks to fulfil the following; - negotiate and facilitate strong trade between the people of Suramar and their allies in Quel'thalas and beyond. - offer opportunities to reintegrate with our elven allies and incorporate cultural aspects of both races in an effort to improve relations. - aid the Horde in times of war by offering the soldiery of the Accord to aid in embattled regions. - engage in foreign cultural and theological affairs to promote active interest in the Horde's cultural identity. - uphold the honour of the Shal'dorei and ensure that Quel'thalas is held against the Alliance at all costs. In order to fulfil these goals, the Astral Accord will maintain a standing embassy of Sin'dorei who will act as their peoples' political and economical arm within the Accord. As the Accord's influence grows, so too will the embassy stationed therein until it is a fully functioning aspect of the order. It is the goal of the Sin'dorei present within the Accord to aid the Nightborne in the building of relations with the High Home and facilitating the economical growth of both cities. In return, the Nightborne within the Accord will provide goods and services for their new allies that vary wildly; from their unique talents in forging weapons and armour, the distilling and brewing of the finest wine and, of course, magical and martial prowess not seen by the wider world since the War of the Ancients. The Out of Character The Astral Accord is a union between the Nightborne of Suramar and the Blood Elves of Quel'thalas. While the Accord will be working and trading with the Horde as an entity, the guild's focus is the relationship between the Nightborne and the Blood Elves, with the interest of spreading cultural influences between both races and spurring trade between Suramar and other nations of the Horde. To this end the guild works in a mercenary sense – we intend to work closely with guilds to “hire out” our services in a (mostly) legal and professional capacity. This could be anything from providing a guild with information on a certain subject or supplying the best wine ever to a fancy noble's party, all the way up to signing pacts of agreement with other guilds to engage in RP-PvP alongside them and foster healthy relationships that will see both sides prosper. The guild will be split in two parts – on one side the Nightborne dominate the economic and military scene while on the other, Blood Elves that join our ranks will focus to the political aspects that come with those economics. Both sides of the coin will be able to contribute towards the other, with Nightborne being given the option to act as diplomats while Blood Elves are welcome to hire themselves out as skilled warriors or mages to assist the Nightborne and further the two races' martial dominance. The end goal is to have two sides of equal standing that contribute to all three aspects in full, but due to the initial Nightborne hype it is unlikely to happen straight away, and so a gradual build-up is key. Our doors are also open to a limited number of other Horde characters to serve their race's interests as diplomats and facilitate trade between the non-elven races. The guild maintains a set of rules that must be abided by at all times. Said rules are as follows; - Be active. While it isn't required to be on every single day or attend every single event, it is encouraged that everyone drop by to engage in events and/or general roleplay as much as they are able. There is no cut-off point for inactivity whereupon someone is removed from the guild – whether your activity acceptable or not will be decided on an individual basis. For instance, if you've been logging on every day but haven't attended any roleplay whatsoever, you may be removed. - Check the calendar regularly for events. If the guild is following a plot or story-driven roleplay, it is important for people to tag along so they don't miss out on anything. This is especially important if we're roleplaying with other guilds and they're providing us with an engaging storyline. It's just plain rude to not show up to your friend's party if you're invited with no good reason! - It's a game about war, not a war about a game. If you have a disagreement with another member of the guild or the community, bring it to an officer to seek resolution. Arguments in public channels reflect badly on the guild and you as an individual. - While certain subjects are entirely off limits and bullying is not at all accepted, don't be surprised if people start talking about a subject you don't like. So long as things are discussed tastefully and in good nature, everything goes. If you think something breaches these boundaries, take it to an officer. - If you are caught ERPing you will be removed from the guild. No exceptions. It isn't in the guild's best interests to foster that sort of reputation.Tessalynn7 7h
9h (RPPVP) The Veil of Winter - Call to Arms! ... When: 17th December onwards Where: Alterac Mountains What: tinyurl.com/veilofwinter Almost three months ago, an incursion by barely a dozen men into Silverpine began an autumn of pain and bloodshed in the Northern Kingdoms. The forces of the Banshee Queen and Alliance-backed nationalists clashed on the fields of Stromgarde. Unable to maintain their incursion, the Horde's forces retreated into Strahnbrad, only to be routed twice by the Alliance-backed lords and knights that had been gathered in the Highlands. With years of conflict fresh in their minds, the northern men resolved to repay the Horde for their recent attacks, both in the Northlands and in Redridge. Now, in Strahnbrad, they prepare for the darkest days of winter, aware that their continued presence in Alterac has not gone unnoticed. ... Unlike many campaigns, the Veil of Winter is intend to feel more organic. The campaign has come about from several months of RP, involving somewhere close to 200 people in that time. The term 'campaign', in this regard, is a bit of a misnomer, and this thread is more of an open invitation to those not currently involved to join in a currently-thriving RP scene up in the northern kingdoms, as well as a place for stories related to the battles to be posted. Nonetheless, anyone interested in getting their guild involved can leave a reply here, or hmu on discord: Ortellus#4526. In the interest of keeping numbers fair, over a period where attendance might not be so regular, not everyone who attends may be involved directly in RPPVP on some days. What kind of guilds can get involved here? Practically any guild can get involved here. The only exception is in regards to Alliance military forces, which the premise doesn't really accommodate (yet.) ... Due Christmas being just around this corner, this 'campaign' will have three distinct parts to it: Phase 1 - The Defence of Strahnbrad 17th December - 24th December Firmly rooted in the town of Strahnbrad, the Alliance-backed partisans find themselves at arms against the Horde's home guard. The wintry weather continues to worsen throughout the week as both sides clash at the town's outskirts. Phase 2 - The Veil of Winter 25th December - 1st January Elsewhere in the world, the Feast of Winter Veil arrives. In the Alterac Mountains, however, the embattled forces have no such comforts; a powerful winter storm sets in, forcing the conflict into a bitter stalemate. Phase 3 - The Battle of Alterac 1st January + As the storm finally lifts, with the turning of the year, the battle resumes once more. Having had a week to anticipate the return of favourable conditions, both sides find their efforts to remove the other from the mountains renewed. During the third phase, 'Campaign Actions' will be available for use. Refer to the campaign document (tinyurl.com/veilofwinter) to see the list of available actions and how actions work. ... General rules: no RPPVP near the respective Alliance /Horde bases after midnight (server time). You're welcome to organise your own RPPVP events between guilds after this hour, of course. Any complaints should be forwarded to Ortellus or someone responsible on your respective faction. Remember that we're all here to have fun!! Restricted RPPVP (Default) 1 ability per 4-5 seconds, no gear limit, no AoE, no silence /interrupts, no CC, no one-shot abilities (Light’s Wrath, Greater Pyroblast, Chaos Bolt, Glacial Spike), 1 knockback per 5 minutes. Alterac is an icy place, and there’s no exception to that in winter. Try walking, rather than running; avoid charging uphill or chasing enemies halfway across the zone. Unrestricted RPPVP Every three days, a different subzone in Alterac will be affected by the Frenzy. The Frenzy takes the form of an almost imperceptible red mist. Creatures which die within the Frenzy gruesomely disintegrate shortly after death as their blood crystallises in their veins. The crystals may be of great interest, or revulsion, to certain parties involved. Whilst in the Frenzy, those involved in fighting feel as though they are invincible, and fight with added ferocity. ... Campaign Actions are intended to bring an additional level of conflict to RPPVP, reflecting various aspects of the Horde's siege on Strahnbrad. Examples of these actions include aerial attacks, artillery, rebuilding fortifications or destroying enemy equipment. These actions cost Action Points to perform and typically require multiple people to RP out the action itself. At the beginning of Phase 3, both factions begin with 5 Action Points, which replenish at a rate of 3 per day. ... Alliance - Holy Order of Lordain - The Tempestarii - The Broken Tower - The Sworn Swords - Spear of Elune - The Merenhall Retinue - The Calorans - The Crimson Pilgrims - Journeyman - Tirasian Marines - Ironbrand Reserves - Bayerleyn Retinue Horde - Grim Gest - Royal Apothecary Society - The Warsworn Pact - Kai'ju Tribe - Thalassian Trade Company - The Rotgarde - Hand of Conquest - Bloodsong Advance - The Crimson Council - Hand of Agony - House Silverbane - The Umbral Flame - The Bloodcloaks - The Sun Glaives - The Crimson VanguardOrtéllus131 9h
14h [Orc RP] Blackjaw Clan - Winds of Change Welcome to the Blackjaw Clan's forum thread! BLACKJAW CLAN Clan/Nomadic style roleplay Webpage: http://blackjawclan.enjin.com/ BRIEFLY: An orcish clan-themed roleplay guild based on mounted warfare and traditions. Attention to orcish culturism, worg-back raids and diverse events and campaigns. Nomadic roleplay focusing on striking where it’s most needed! RECRUITMENT STATUS: OPEN! ... Orcish culture at its finest! As an orc clan, the Blackjaws have focus on certain traditions from the orc race. All from festivals and rituals to large-scale brawls and tournaments! Worg-back adventures galore! The Blackjaw Clan is a mounted combat clan, emphasizing the idea of harmony between orc and beast as an unstoppable fighting force, be it for travel, for combat or for adventure around Azeroth and beyond! Brutal savagery in combat! Clinging to primal traditions, the orcs of the Blackjaw Clan are brutal in combat, spilling the blood of their enemies in the most horrendous of ways! Have we caught your attention? Splendid! Now, before you go all out in a keyboard-rolling face-melting application of pure mind-blowing awesomeness, there’s a few things you ought to know before you apply for joining the Blackjaw Clan. First of there are things we expect from our members, most of which should come as no surprise: An ounce of activity As any serious roleplaying guild out there, we of course expect you to be active. Not necessarily each and every night, nor at each and every event! But show up to at least some events, and not just to reset the ‘’last online’’ tag. Of course, we understand people have real lives beside World of Warcraft, so if you know you won’t be online for a longer period of time – hey – just poke an officer and all is good! Real life always comes first. A pinch of humor Despite the fact that we’re orcs, we still like to have fun – especially OOC’ly, we enjoy a good laugh! We expect our members to have some humor so that we may all enjoy the wonderful fantasy universe of World of Warcraft with a smile. While we go about pillaging and plundering that is! A smidge of maturity Don’t forget to be understanding of the undertaking of running a guild! Running a guild can be taxing, and we therefore ask our members to respect everyone within the guild. The officers are not there to hold your hand in Roleplay. The out-of-character bits and bolts We won’t accept any mean attitudes in the OOC chat, any form of snarky comments kills the atmosphere for most players. While we understand it’s not always easy to separate IC from OOC, we hope that our members will at least try, so that we can all enjoy the guild without needless OOC drama killing the good feelings! We all try to keep a good atmosphere going, don’t try to ruin it! If there however seems to be an issue the players themselves cannot lay to rest – poke an officer and we’ll do our best to help resolve the issue at hand! If this still sounds interesting to you, please, visit our Argent Archives profile at http://www.argentarchives.org/node/125426? or our website at http://blackjawclan.enjin.com/ for more information about the guild! We do advice however to keep an open mind, since some of the guilds features are getting a major overhaul! All of which will of course be posted on this very thread in the not-so-far-away future! A note on joining the Blackjaw Clan: We as officers would like to have an OOC chat with you – future applicant! – before you approach us IC’ly. Blood for the Maw! - Droigan, Raszga, Roklor, Rokkthan and Brakgor.Droigan80 14h
14h [Interest Check] Nightborne RP Guild Nightborne RP Guild - Interest Check ... Hello Argent Dawn, Looking for people who are interested in a nightborne-only RP guild. I know it seems a bit early for this, but there’s a good explanation for it! Myself and a few friends were thinking of how exactly to introduce the guild and interact with other nightborne RPers out there to start building numbers whilst also having interactive events. Essentially, the nightborne haven’t left Suramar in over ten thousand years. This means, there is a LOT of potential for interesting RP, your character exploring the new world around them for the very first time. We also had the plans of our character’s leaving Suramar for the very first time as an event. - Bump this thread if you like the idea (ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!) - I’m struggling for guild names, so suggestions are welcome (avoid using vigil, vanguard or house, please!) - Also, I want to know who out there will be playing a nightborne in the next expansion, or if not, what Allied race are you looking forward to? Happy roleplaying!Ataría21 14h
14h (A-RP) Holy Order of Lordain - The Tip of the Spear Website: www.esarus.net Currently in Strahnbrad, Alterac Mountains ... ... The Order of Lordain consists of knights and priests that have sworn themselves to live, and die, according to the ideals set out by the story of Lordain (and, by extension, by the story of Tyr and the Silver Hand). In doing so, they are compelled to seek out the most vicious battlefields that Azeroth has to offer, putting their martial prowess to the test against the greatest enemies of mankind. It is not necessary for members of the Order to be unbound by duty elsewhere; many of the Order's members serve under other banners, sworn to other lords or factions. What unites its members, however, beyond the legacy of Lordain, is their faith in the Holy Light and/or Tyr, in whatever form that may take. Perhaps inadvertently, the Order's interpretation of the teachings of the Holy Light are known to deviate from those of the Argent Dawn and the current Order of the Silver Hand. With the admission of the Alliance's enemies into the latter's ranks, the Order of Lordain's founding members have come to distance themselves from the now-neutral faction. The more extreme, though still level-headed, devotees of the Light may find themselves welcome here, among those who denounce the Order of the Silver Hand. ... ... Currently, there is no overarching structure to the Order, although Sir Ortellus is seen as the head of the Order. As the Order grows, however, this may be subject to change. The men who have undertaken three trials reserve the right to call themselves crusaders, whilst those who have not fall under the label of retainers. The priests sworn to the Order, most of who hail from a secluded monastery fortress in the Alterac Mountains, act as the Order's inquisitorial subsection (as inquisitors) ... ... Please check out www.esarus.net/ooc for a more detailed answer. The Order will never be found asking strangers to join their ranks; aspiring members will always have had previous interaction with the crusaders, particularly on the battlefield. If you do think this would be the place for you, you're welcome to chat with any of us OOC. I advise against explicitly asking to join; if the Order takes a liking to your character, you may be asked to join. Furthermore, there is no requirement for you to be unguilded to join the Order. ... ... The Order of Lordain was originally a secret gathering of a handful of characters, beginning back in August 2016. Over time, more characters have become involved in the Order, and the Order has made itself more widely known to the public. Since the Order is no longer a secret, it will be seeking out new members. This thread is a place for questions, stories and general awareness-raising of the Order's activities. As ever, the best way to learn more is through interaction. If you've got any questions, feel free to direct them to me (Ortellus in-game, without the accent).Ortéllus65 14h
15h 7.3.5 PTR Datamine Discussion http://www.wowhead.com/news=277405/patch-7-3-5-build-25600-updated-baine-nathanos-saurfang-models http://www.wowhead.com/news=277419/datamined-broadcast-text-for-patch-7-3-5-spoilers http://www.wowhead.com/news=277417/nightborne-male-and-female-allied-race-customization-options http://www.wowhead.com/news=277442/void-elf-male-and-female-allied-race-customization-options And more on wowhead, discuss!Dark448 15h
15h LF RP - Need some advice. Morning/Evening AD. Happy early Winter Veil! I've recently had this idea for a human character I want to develop. My plan is to turn him into a character I can turn to when I need a break from Horde RP where I run my own guild. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some idea of RP guilds or people who'd be up for some RP once or twice a week as a bit of a side-project. My character at present is a young stable hand who helps maintain the horses of the Stormwind Armies, who's father died during the initial invasions on the Broken Shore. Being from a relatively poor family and a young man, he dreams of greater things and wants to join the army. My plan for his development would be to build him up from nothing (like a stable hand or recruit for the army) to eventually squire a paladin and finally become a paladin himself over a period of time. I'm not talking overnight, but would like to see some long-term development over an extended duration and do it properly. So any recommendations for guilds or people wanting to RP this as a private side thing I'd be most helpful for! Like I said I'd need someone or somewhere who's understanding I can't commit to a full time rp schedule due to other commitments but would love somewhere accepting of my part-time attendance. Edit: As a note I've not planned out anything actively in development other than his growth plan. Rest I wanted to work out based on IC interactions and events :)Déston16 15h
15h [A-RP] Tirasian Marine - "By Sea, By Land" ... ... Recruitment: OPEN Current MEPS site: Stormwind City Harbour Recruiting Officers: Carlyle, Vashon AA Page: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/197383 Introduction Tirasian Marine is a guild that will see players take on the role of ‘Benedict’s Bastards’; the Marines attached to the Tirasian warship ‘Thunder Child’. Their goal? To recoup the losses suffered fighting the Legion and once again have a full working contingent aboard, and to see their island home protected against all encroaching threats, demonic or otherwise Hello! Thank you for looking at the thread! Here’s a little about us. We’re a dedicated team of storytelling and military/naval enthusiasts that wish to bring the experience of a marine in the Corps to life as well as we are able; to make it seem like you did, indeed, enlist and are now a part of a larger whole in the Tirasian and, by proxy, Alliance military. This will be attained through grand campaigns, locational and one-off adventures, and even just sitting back in casual RP with the other members of the unit and other players in the communities and regions we’ll visit. We aim to provide quality, lore-friendly, immersive content for those looking for an organized militaristic approach to WoW RP. BE WARNED! The life of a Marine is hard, your character will be shouted at, berated, and occasionally flogged to turn them into a fearsome weapon that any admiral would be proud of. We set ourselves to the highest standard, and welcome you to be part of it. What can we offer you? Quality Roleplay: The officer cadre of the guild have years of experience in roleplaying, storytelling, and event hosting. We’re looking forward to the chance for inviting and welcoming others to join us on our journey through marine roleplay and Warcraft lore. Marine Traditions and Customs: Both play a vital role in giving you the chance to feel like you’re part of something that’s been around for a long time. We’ve done our best to create military traditions and customs exclusive to the Marines, that still fit within the confines of lore and the world and give the more authentic atmosphere of a long standing organisation, and not some group that formed yesterday. Dynamic and Responsive Events: You, the player, know your character better than anyone else. Events are specifically tailored with flexibility in mind so that you have freedom of choice. Actions have consequences, and a split-second decision made in the heat of battle can be all that stands between death and glory. This also allows our events to adjust based on turnout. An Immersive Military Experience: We pride ourselves on being able to accurately portray and make the guild feel like you’re a real cog of the whole machine that is an active-duty warship. We’re more than happy to also take on the roles of NPCs for events, and inspiration for the guild is drawn from a number of eras, such as the Royal Marines of the Napoleonic era and the age of sail, and partly based off the USMC. However, whilst in keeping with the realistic aspect of military roleplay, we also want to incorporate and stay-true to the in-game lore. We will do this by keeping in-mind the ‘modernization’ of the human military with the augmentation of gnomish and dwarven inventions such as the gyrocopter, a squadron of which are stationed aboard the vessel. Guild Themes: As a footnote to the above point, members should expect to be faced with difficult decisions. Your character will be faced with hard choices, such a duty over conscience, the horrors of war, violence, demons, and all kind of foul and insidious beings. This is not for the faint of heart or meek. Character Progression: In this guild, there will chances for your character to progress, whether through the ranks to one day lead themselves through PJMOT (Potential Junior Marine Officer Training), or whether it’s to specialize as one of the many useful roles found within the Marine Corps. Note: Ranks and Positions will open up as needed, and only as needed. As mentioned briefly above, we want there to be progression available for your character, and for you to feel like a real and important member of a marine contingent aboard a ship. As such, we have a number of specializations to be held that can be achieved over time and with further, specialized training, some examples of which are: Engineer Pilot Corpsman Signals Officer Explosives Technician Diver Marksman... What are we looking for? We are seeking like-minded and active players in our goal of becoming an immersive Tirasian military guild! We want members who are both as excited and passionate about military RP as we are; however, it’s not all serious business at the end of the day. We’re a lighthearted bunch and we want that to be reflected in our members. A laugh or a joke are always welcome either in guild chat or in our Discord channel. We want to foster this community and become a group of tight-knit friends who can have fun with each other, and without unnecessary drama. What are we not looking for? On the same train of thought as the previous statement; we do not want drama seekers or Mary Sue-esque characters who like to make it all about them. We pride ourselves on playing the roles of everyday, down-to-earth men and women seeing and doing extraordinary things. You will not find a grand master swordsman who can parry every blow, or a Vrykul brute who can lift a boulder with a single finger. Questions we think you might have! Can you explain the name? - The name is simple and anonymous, and we hope it conveys the precise role we’ll be playing. We are simple, run of the mill Marines, and as such, we are anonymous. With our helmets on, we are unremarkable. What races are you accepting? - We’ll be accepting primarily Humans, but Dwarves and Gnomes will be considered on a, case-by-case basis, yet cannot serve as front line fighting Marines. What the hell is a ‘MEPS’? - A MEPS, which stands for Marine Entrance Processing Station; is essentially a pop-up enlistment location, normally found on and off Kul Tiras, where any wannabe Marine can come to enlist in the corps; It can be anything from the ship itself, to a small tent located at a harbour. What classes are you accepting? - We’ll be focusing on classes that can wield a sword and shield as they will form the backbone of our ranks, though other classes might be welcome if they hold a valid and just reason to enlist as a Marine. What are your events like? - The best way to experience our events is to be there yourself. We hope to host events that aren’t solely inclusive to guild members, and also to connect with other military and civilian guilds on the server; whether our goals align or not. If your question is not listed, please ask us either here or in-game and we’ll be happy to answer! I’m in! How do I enlist? Joining us is very simple, and we’re really quite flexible as to how you’re able to join us (whether you’d like to seek us out at a designated MEPS Centre, or be press-ganged, or conscripted from the prison population or even a transfer from another Marine company.) You can contact one of our members in-game via whisper, mail, or you can just leave us your contact details here and we’ll approach you. However, be advised the initial IC criteria for candidacy for the Marine Corps as a human is as follows: Above the age of 18 Men: Be taller than 5’5” (165cm) in height. Women: 5'3"(160cm) in Height Between 9st (57kg) and 15st7lbs (98.4kg) Sound of eyesight, hearing, body and mind Able to read and writeWe feel this adds a realistic factor to recruitment and serves as a basis for the demanding job of a Marine. Any feedback or constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged! ...Monnrow107 15h
16h [A-PvE] Kingdom of Life <Kingdom of Life> is a newly made semi-casual/serious PvE guild, bringing you friendship, progression and memes! What can you expect from us? You can expect progression raids every Tuesday and Friday at 7 PM realm time. Starting with Antorus NM then eventually HC and Mythic in the future. You can expect that the environment around the guild will be friendly and fun (and memetastic). What are we looking for in our members? We're looking for members who are willing to listen and understand the tactics/mechanics. Friendly and easy going is very welcome within our guild, though if you prefer to just keep to yourself, then that's okay too! There is no item level requirements to join the guild, nor is there any level requirements. However for the raids, we will ask for a minimal and preferrable item level to join, though we can help you achieve at the very least, the minimal of item level required! Socials are accepted. How do I join? You can throw me or my co-GM a whisper on my character Oreannah, or his character Althax, or you can send us an in-game mail. Addon(s) used DBM AstralKeys (for m+, optional) Program(s) used Discord -------- Current raid times: Tuesday - 7 PM (19:00 PM) realm time. Friday - 7 PM (19:00 PM) realm time. Loot System: Personal LootOreannah7 16h
16h The Argent Vanguard is recruiting! {N-RP} *Posters have been pinned around capital cities of the Alliance* "You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, towards which we have striven towards these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you, the cries for justice and vengeance march with you. In company with our brave allies and brother-in-arms on all fronts, you will bring about the elimination of Scourge taint and savagery over the Plaguelands, the destruction of Scarlet Crusades tyranny and establish security for our future so that we may live in a peaceful world. Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. They will fight savagely. I have full confidence in your devotion to duty and your skills in battle. May the Light be with you. Signed: Lord Tywin "G" Remmington " Before anything, I wish to thank Galdrick and his Officer Avohna for not only being an great inspiration for this guild, but also for allowing me to use their character sheets which has been a great help to the guild especially as we are currentely in our "Baby Steps". So thankyou Call of the Silver Hand. Quick Update: If you have read my previous forum, you have probably realised that some things have changed, for the most part the changes will be pretty minor, but the most important change is the reduction of class restrictions within the Vanguard. We allow all classes now, except for Demon Hunters and Death Knights. Introduction In the Plaguelands and other parts of the world that the Alliance and Horde alike have abandoned, the Argent Vanguard stand as a shining bastion of justice against the remnants of the Scourge, the Burning Legion and other threats such as the Scarlet Crusade. In contrast to what one might expect, the Argent Vanguard does not function like the the Silver Hand, this is due to their famous method strategy of adaption to the geography of certain locations. The Argent Vanguard favours mobility over that of shear strength. They prefer to strike when least expected, using hit and run tactics to cause great devastation to their enemies. The Argent Vanguard were formed as a branch of the Argent Crusade, not joining the newly reformed Silver Hand. They stay out of political quarrels between the Horde and the Alliance, posing as a neutral faction instead. But they do have a close eye on the Banshee Queen's offensive movement through the North. Membership: The Argent Vanguard functions as a brotherhood, commanded by Lord Tywin "G" Remmington, an exiled Knight of the Silver Hand. The Argent Vanguard will admit members who are dedicated to the opposition of evil in the world. The organization draws members from both Alliance and the Horde, but prefers to seperate them into divisions to avoid any racial conflict within the brotherhood. Members that are willing to learn the ways of the Light will undergo a lengthy training process, serving as a squire for their assigned mentor. Members are also expected to uphold the virtues of the Light, even if they are not followers of Light themselves. They can be strict about what their members do or say, especially in public. When a member is accepted into the ranks of the Argent Vanguard, they will be assigned to a position befitting of their experience. History: The Argent Vanguard is heavily influenced by the leadership of Lord Maxwell Tyrosus and Highlord Tirion Fordering. Lord Tywin "G" Remmington, a former Knight of the Silver Hand was expelled from the sacred order due to a conflict caused at Hearthglen, in which Lord Remmington attempted to free an innocent prisoner due for execution. After being captured and thrown into a cell with hardley any provision, Tywin had been sentanced to a trial where he spoke out against the Order of the Silver Hand, claiming that Horder or Alliance we must work together to acheive a greater purpose. Lord Remmington was expelled from the Order being sentanced to live a life in exile. Tywin later joined the Argent Crusade, becoming a high ranking member within the Crusade. The Crusade was his life and Highlord Fordring his idol, when it was revealed that on the Broken Shore Highlord Fordring fell, a burning hatred from within started to brew, on this day a branch of the remaining Argent Crusade would form, the Argent Vanguard would stand as one against the remnants of the Scourge, the Burning Legion and other threats. Without falling to blind zealotry. As a former member of the Silver Hand, Tywin feels that the Silver Hand overemphasizes tradition and order over general goodness and other values of the Light.The Argent Vanguard have no hatred towards the newly reformed Silver Hand, but rather they prefer to stay distant from one another. It follows the teachings of the Light, requiring members to respect the teachings, but not necessarily become followers of the Light. How do I get an Invite?: To make sure that we have a healthy community of IC players, you will have an OOC interview with most likely me, so we can get the bearings on not only your character but also how we feel you will fit into the guild. Abit of lore knowledge would be great. If you are new to RP and wish to give the guild a try, fear not as all we require from you will be the willingness to learn. I hope this doesn't disway any potential members, but I believe it will achieve a healthy community of players. Please pop us an OOC /W in game or comment down below in the forum(Loryia and myself). IC: The only thing required for membership in the Argent Vanguard is a fierce devotion to cleansing the land of any Scourge and Burning Legion influence. You can also join our guild discord, and have an OOC interview there. ...Mogrâiné62 16h
16h [Podcast] Argent Dawn Digest Hail friends! It looks like posting a twitch link last thread fell afoul of accidental advertisement! Whoops. To comply with all the forum rules, we'll follow this friendly suggestion from a Blizzard Representative: https://gyazo.com/d0e3c27a98cd4d3efd319951b83f199d For anyone who doesn't know, the AD Digest is a realm, rp-centric podcast, released weekly, Fridays at 8:30, hosted by our own Perr0y (better known in less esoteric circles as 'Perroy'.) It's an 11 weekly tradition now, and all the old vods are still available for listening.Eaves173 16h
17h (A-RP) The Border Shield Company IC Story ... OOC Story Hallo People. I just wish to bring abit of our idea into this. We aiming to be a traveling private Military, consider us in OOC eyes like a traveling border guard company. That will secure the Borders of the Alliance and also aid when we can. While not going away from our main goal. We be a medium military guild. Our goal is to move each second week, to a new location. We aim to be a sort of Brotherhood of soldiers. Uniform code. Infantry-Blue-Brown-Grey Medic/Magi-Blue-Purple-White Scouts-Blue-Brown-Green Ranks lowest to highest. Fresh Blood Private Specialist Lance Corporal Corporal Sergeant Staff Sergeant Lieutenant Private Ship. We have a ship, attach with salvage old 30 punder guns and a very expansive steam engine. Do the ship itself as an old model. Made of wood and with sails. No fancy paint or anything. Its name Granny. Recruitment. All races and classes, do no using Fel-Shadow-Void. Atleast keep Shadow and Fel out of public eyes and for emergency only Staff- HarrisZerak Scöt Belegol Mallenia *posters that hangs around Stormwind and other larger cities of the Alliance* "The Border Shield Company is Recruiting. We are a Private Military Company. Our goal is to secure the borders of the Alliance, while its forces are mostly on the Frontlines, but also Aid the Alliance when we can. There is a mark attach to it and names of the staff" Location atm. https://www.glaive-star.com/en/world-map/eastern-kingdoms/elwynn/#world-map (thanks to the maker of this epic site) Suggestion and feedback welcome, i suck at this.Harriszerak21 17h
17h [AD Talk Show] Fuse Talks - Hiatus Until New Year! ... What is this? Fuse Talks is designed to be a Talk Show for the Argent Dawn community. It’s only once a week and there’ll more than likely always be a guest with myself to discuss whatever topic it may be that is planned for that day. It’s always live so you can involve yourselves in the conversation through the chat, ask questions along the way too. If you find you’ve missed one and want to catch up, you can always look to the youtube channel provided for it. Videos will be directly uploaded there after each stream. Where can I find it? Unfortunately I’m not allowed to send a direct link. You can search under the name ‘Fusecraft’ for twitch if you’re looking to involve yourself in live version of it or search the same thing if you’re looking to catch up on Fuse Talks through youtube. Some topics you might expect to see: Roleplay World of Warcraft PvE/PvP The Community Blizzard related news And more Guests, how? You can contact me through the in-game names of Fuse (H), Kaliyra (A). You can also find me through the discord link above. If you’re interested in guesting for it, you’re more than welcome to do so. Otherwise for the most part I will seek out individual players to make an appearance for the Talk Show. Volunteers! I’m one person, I can only keep up with a certain amount of things that go on and unfortunately sometimes that means I miss out on talking about certain guilds, campaigns, general community initiatives and more. I’m always looking for individuals who’d be happy to volunteer and provide some things for me to discuss and present towards the viewers. Questions? If you’ve any questions you might want to ask towards myself, the guests or about the topic of the week. You can feel free to throw them up on the thread and we’ll aim to answer them during the stream itself. You can alternatively ask them during the stream, beware that we can take a bit sometimes to answer it! Contact Methods BTAG: Fuse#21675 Discord: Demzi#5169Fuse125 17h
19h Project Toxic Boosting M+15, Argus HC, Mythic Guldan <Project Toxic> is offering Mythic Keystone level +15 boosts, regardless of your item level or spec. The keystone will be timed and you will be rewarded with: -The [Keystone Master] achievement for completing a +15 in time, -A random 960+ ilvl (base) item in your weekly Mythic+ cache in your Order Hall guaranteed, -An artifact appearance. -A chance for a 910 ilvl (base) item upon completing the dungeon. Our team consists of <Project Toxic> main raiders, a top world guild that raids 2 days a week. We are also 2016 Keystone Masters with an average item level of 950 equipped. Keystone master achievement proof http://imgur.com/a/BqhoJ Whether you want the key timed or not, our base price is 200k gold. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Argus Heroic Mount Antorus Heroic Argus achievement (Ahead of the Curve) Chance of loot (955+ ilvl) and a boss specific legendary Mount - Violet Spellwing (It's Khadgar's Mount, purple skinned Rukhmar mount)But what are the requirements? No gear requirements, just own a level 110 horde character. our base price for heroic argus is 500k gold. We accept payment only on Argent Dawn. If you're interested, please poke Swooper-ArgentDawn / Btag: Aswooper#2428 or Niconyan-ArgentDawn / Btag: Nico#25672 Horde Only Thanks!Aswooper58 19h
19h [H-RP] Orcs of the Red Blade — A Grand Reboot Campaign! A Return To High Adventure Awaits! It's been a little while in the making, but here it is! Orcs of the Red Blade is back! Eight months ago, we announced the guild's official hiatus due to various circumstances that made an intermission of activities the most prudent course of action. But, after a decent spell of recharging our creative energies, exploring our options and simply kicking back with some Tol Barad Coconut Rum in the Stranglethorn sun, we decided to come back out of retirement and continue our adventures once more! There is, however, a tiny snag... We need YOUR help to do it! The Campaign In order to set the stage for our return, we've prepared an intricate campaign that will welcome back both the new and the old. This campaign will begin an entirely new chapter for the guild. We're turning a completely blank page! A 'soft reboot,' as it were, in order to reinvent the guild in an updated style that will allow for even more Lok'tar to your Ogar in future guild RP! And the best thing about it? You don't need to have any prior knowledge or relation to the guild in order to participate! Are you a (former) Red Blade player and want to make a return? That's great! Are you new to the Red Blade but would love to take part in the introductory campaign and possibly become a future member? That's even better! Due to the nature of the campaign, however, it's required that anyone who wishes to participate in the campaign signs up in advance. This can be done either in this very thread, on the guild's website or by contacting me personally. When doing so, please specify - in short - what kind of orc your character is. Will he or she be your typical warrior? More of a spiritualist? Or perhaps not special or ambitious at all? Regardless of the nature of your orc, we'll be able to find a place for him or her in our campaign, as there will be several different ways to join while still ensuring the story remains personal to your orc! The starting date of our campaign - and so its first event - will be on Sunday the 26th of November. After that, there will be three events per week for the (estimated) duration of two weeks total. Which exact days those events will be on, will depend entirely on the results of a poll we would like all of our participants to fill in - the link for which you will receive after you signed up. This way, we wish to ensure that as many people as possible will be able to attend all of the crucial events without having to miss out on all the good stuff. The goal of the campaign will not only be to serve as an introduction to the new iteration of the Red Blade, however. It will also serve to allow you to gradually shape your future role in the guild accordingly - even to the point that potential leaders may have a chance to stand up! Throughout the campaign, themes and elements that will represent the guild in its envisioned shape and form will be introduced to give just a taste of what people can expect as future members. And in the process, you'll be making friends and kickstarting your orc into a position of his or her ambition along the way! Can't make it to the 26th? We got you covered there as well, amigo! There will be several ways and dates to enter our campaign. So even if the short IC introduction down below doesn't appeal to you, we can still find you an alternate entry into the campaign! Do note that you might miss out on one or two initial events if you do, but it will all be fit perfectly into the story! The Guild So what will Orcs of the Red Blade as a guild will have to offer after the campaign? Well, as a guild, we seek to offer players an orc-exclusive clan experience that... - Is lore correct, yet offers enough freedom to its members and within its own concept to allow both its members and the guild to creatively interpret their own story and culture; - Strives to be as authentic as possible to the orc fantasy of Warcraft III; - Is loyal to the Horde and knows its place in it; - Is more than just a warband. As such, there's not only a focus on the orcs' martial prowess, but just as much on shamanism, orc society and the concept of honor as a central theme of their lives; - A friendly OOC environment which we strive to keep drama-free (no, really!), even as we remain true to the hardy orcish culture IC. We have been active on Defias Brotherhood since 2005, and have moved to the lovely locale of Argent Dawn since 2015, where we have thus far very much enjoyed our stay (whenever we didn't spend it two meters deep in the ground of a cemetery). With such a long record of service, we have made both many friends and many foes, but we've always done so in good heart and with a smile on our face that would make a /clapping orc jealous! Tribal RP has always been at the core of our concept, and be it through nomadic RP in meticulously planned-out, story-driven campaigns or simply social RP back in and around Orgrimmar, our goal has always been to emulate an experience that comes as close as possible to the original concept of the 'honorable savage' for orcs, as inspired by Warcraft III. As such, we strive to keep our orcish RP and culture as authentic and consistent as possible, while at the same time offering a place for as many different orcish archetypes as possible - within reason, of course. Moreover, be you a beginner or a veteran to roleplaying in general, we will always gladly take you in and help you on your way! For any further questions, feel free to take a look on our website which has a plethora of information to offer as well as a FAQ, or contact me on Battle.net on Lemonpie39#2659. So, are you looking for a brand new experience to dip your orc in? Wait no longer, for this is the perfect opportunity to get involved! We hope to see you sharing the roads to glory with us! Website: http://www.orcsoftheredblade.com Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1J4As-dQ0k (now remastered!) Previous thread: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16070857340 Argent Archives: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/158217Kozgugore174 19h
21h RP Name Policy and enforcement? There was this debacle a few days ago that got me wondering just where the Game Masters stood on the matter these days. What does and doesn't make for acceptable names. So I asked one and the reply seems to wobble between fairly harsh rules and enforcement and leeway still being somewhere in the equation? https://i.imgur.com/1OJ0kMN.pngJashia34 21h
21h [A-RP][Campaign] The Lost Squadron ... ... What's this? This is an RP campaign that'll be taking place in a couple of months' time themed around hunting down a squadron of rogue Tirasian ships and foiling whatever the scheme of their maddened commander is - as well as retrieving whatever artifacts and mysteries they plundered from the Titan facility they were ordered to guard. Where/When? We're currently hoping to host the campaign primarily in Krasarang Wilds, although this part is subject to change - quest phasing might prohibit some of the plans we have at the moment, but I'll make sure to broadcast any changes to the zone to all involved. As for when, we're aiming for the 8th-14th of January, 2018. Who can get involved? Anyone Alliance side! Since this is the first campaign I'll be running on AD for more than just a couple of small guilds, I want to keep it focused and not overextend myself. This campaign might be of particular interest to: - Military guilds and characters: A naval squadron going rogue besmirches the honour of the Alliance, and besides that, they may carry military secrets. What if they're defecting, going turncoat? They need to be dealt with. - Researchers, mages, explorers: Third Squadron escaped the Titanic facility with potentially various Titanic artifacts of great value. This "smokestone" substance that's been emerging also seems to have some very interesting magical properties, too. - Profiteers: People are scrambling to get their hands on something called smokestone, using it for rituals, even trading it as a currency. A new avenue to make a few gold, perhaps. - Naval/nautical guilds and characters: You'd have be mad to go hunting for a squadron of warships without them. - Mercenaries: The Alliance will pay a generous sum for the safe return of its property or for Captain Drake to be brought to justice. Mechanics There's a few "mechanical" features we want to introduce into the campaign, OOC/IC systems that we feel will make the campaign more enjoyable. - More player-led NPCs. This was a big success in the recent Close To Home campaign, and I'm hoping we might be able to expand on it. Fighting against other players rather than raid markers feels more personal and immersive than using raid markers and plot NPCs can be a lot of fun to roleplay with. I'll probably decide how far we're going to take this after consulting with people who want to attend. - Individual plot for characters/guilds. Everyone has their own personal reasons for attending, and I'm hoping the campaign won't exist in a bubble. While I can't promise a lot of this, it's something I'd like to implement at some level. It may only be something small for a few people, but I think it'll make a big difference. - A currency system. The Third Squadron renegades have been proliferating shards of Smokestone, a magically active material of mysterious origin that people are rushing to get their hands on. While IC, gold is meaningless, as a person has as much as they want, we'll be controlling how much Smokestone is given out to people, which will mean it has a distinct value. NPCs will expect to be paid in smokestone for goods and services, and it will also be used to contribute to rituals or for other magic purposes. Think of Smokestone shards like magic conflict diamonds. - More plot and NPCs in camp. Not everyone is a combat-focused character, not everyone likes the linear DMed-event format. We'll be trying to make sure there are things going on for these people, too. - A leading NPC/placeholder guild for guildless characters. A lot of the time in campaigns, guildless characters find it hard to get as involved as people in guilds. We'll be setting up a temporary guild tag that guildless attendees can feel free to join so it's easier to communicate back and forth with them as a group, or if they don't feel like that, they'll be encouraged to stick around the lead NPC for that guild as an IC point of contact who'll be looking for ways to get non-guilded peeps involved. We have a few other ideas overall, but I think giving those away here might spoil some pleasant surprises in the long run. Contact & Applications Feel free to post in this thread using the following templates if you're going to be coming. Guilds Guild name: Affiliation: Expected number of players: IC reason for attending: GM's discord tag: (Or add mine below, as an alternative.} Individuals Character Name: IC Name (OOC Name) Affiliation: IC class/character concept: IC reason for attending: Lastly, I can be contacted on Discord on the tag Benign Condition#0407. Or whisper Caledora in-game. If you're someone who'd like to just ask a few questions or you need something, please don't hesitate to get in touch. If you're a GM planning on bringing a guild along, please do add me. It'll help massively with getting things organised.Caledora24 21h
22h [A-RP] Flatfoots: A Lawmen Intiative - IT'S ALIVE! EDIT-EDIT: We're returning for Christmas 2017. Please read the new post explaining what's going on with the Outlaw Community. Link: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616001858?page=3#post-43 Presenting, the sequel to the popular lawmen initiative of Summer 2017… Flatfoots 2: Electric Boogaloo. After a long Autumn hiatus, Marshal Quincey will be returning to the kingdoms of the Alliance in Christmas ‘17, along with his motley crew of bungling deputies, to “police” the land of Stormwind and beyond. Do you have what it takes to serve alongside the most highly-skilled policing forces of the Grand Alliance? You don’t? Then join Marshal Quincey’s crew and be among a group of deputies so-poorly-equipped and underfunded, they might as well be a Neighbourhood Watch scheme. Outlaw Community Discord: https://discord.gg/xMgu8AC ---------------------------------------------- Old Edit: This concept has developed slightly since its initial conception. Please consult the updated information for a more accurate description of the RP we portray. Link: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616001858?page=2#post-35 ---------------------------------------------- Introduction With the entertaining success of the "Brigands" bringing criminality and life back to the wilds of the Eastern Kingdoms, I believe its high-time an equally inept band of bumbling deputies attempt (and likely fail) to bring these villains in to face the King's justice. My hopeful intention is set up a small band of Stormwind City Watch type lawmen, all equally amateurish, who will aim to oppose the shenanigans of the Brigands at most-every turn. Whilst the opposition is intended to both be ineffectual and tongue-in-cheek, I believe that it will work to create a kind of community camaraderie between the two sides on an OOC level and spur plenty of engaging RP for those travelling within the boundaries of the Kingdom of Stormwind. There is absolutely no intention here to impose laws or IC regulations upon the realms populace. The concept merely intends to bring entertaining opposition to the Brigands whilst giving the community a reason to get out of the city and involve themselves in petty storylines. The Concept The idea in its current rendition is NOT a guild. Instead, the plan is set up a small group of inadequate law administrators who will interact and work with the Brigands on both an IC and an OOC level. It will be a cops-and-robbers type game of pull-and-push with neither side ever coming out on top for long. My intention is not to create a constant supply of dungeon-mastered events or endlessly facilitate RP. Rather the entertainment will come simply out of RPing together and alongside the Brigands in a bitter campaign of spiteful one-upmanship. There is no real endgame or driving motivation for the concept besides generating engaging RP. Due to this, and due to my own RL commitments, those involved in the Flatfoots are encouraged to use expendable alts or to create their own storylines within and outside the initiative. The Inspiration Inspiration for this concept comes from the Canadian sitcom "Trailer Park Boys" in-which a hapless trio of unambitious losers hell-bent on living the life of career criminals are endlessly persued by a pair of lackluster "trailer park supervisors" equally unproficient and incapable. For more information on the influence and mockumentry-esq tone for this community, please view some clips of Trailer Park Boys on Youtube or ask for direct feedback in the comments below. Edit Here's a direct link to the tonal inspiration mentioned above (warning - the video contains plenty of swearing used for comedic effect). ... Contact Information For all those excited (or perturbed) by the concept, I invite you to post on this thread or contact "Garrowaye" in-game with your particular questions. I am perfectly willing to explain further my motivations and intentions for this concept if the interest arises although please keep in mind that there is no great plans for RP campaigns or specific encounters at this time. Thank you for reading and taking an interest in the Flatfoots. TL;DR - a small band of inept lawmen intent on opposing the growing Brigands community on an IC level.Garrowaye50 22h
23h Rate the T-Mog above! Realized the previous one had reached its 500 max post, so we're starting over! The train never ends.Miroella98 23h
23h RPing as a Warmage Hi guys, as you can see I'm a Death Knight. I was wondering if it is possible/acceptable to RP as a Frost/Ice warmage. Is this possible along the lines lore wise or is it a no go. Just what to try something new for rping. Any help or criticisms are alwyas welcome. Cheers buds.Quelandris23 23h
23h H-RP: Stormtalon Vanguard <<Posters pinned to walls of taverns and noticeboards around Orgrimmar and Silvermoon city: The Horde wants - YOU!-. Looking for new challenges? To learn new skills? To one day be counted among some of the best warriors in service of the horde? Special operations division of 41.st legion is recruiting. Those interested or just curious enough to find out more, should contact the recruiting officers of 41.st legion, first Special operations division, section three: Stormtalon vanguard. >> Anyone doing an inquiry to archives of the legion command, ends up looking at parchment with following information: Unit: 41.st Legion. 1.st Special operations division. 3.rd section. Unit name: Stormtalon Vanguard. Type of unit: Special forces Specialization: Shock troops (Primary) Guerrilla Warfare (secondary) Commanding officer: Thagr The Wolf (Blood guard) Other officers: Ariel Swiftwind (Stone guard), Gol'greth Hellfury ( Stone guard) Base(s) of operation: Gronnbane's reach (<SECRET>), Bilgewater harbor (Azshara) Notes: -Formerly an experimental unit combining new technological developments, weaponry, flying machines and siege engines, with hard hitting infantry and advanced tactics. -Actively aspires to reach standards and status of Elite unit. - Was formed as experimental airborne shock troop unit. Experiment itself was failure but resulted as a unit fit for special operations. - Was officially reformed to Special operations unit with rest of the experimental division. - Unit retains notable preference for use of flying machines and shock tactics during standard operations. OOC: Stormtalon vanguard is a military-themed RP guild, with weekly events ( usually starting 20:00 servertime ) on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The guild has no minimum level requirement, but higher level will help you to keep up with others as we travel around different locations. Applicant character has to meet following requirements: -No random anger issues ( The fantasy "berserkers". Variations of the actual bearskin wearing champion types and the like are still all good. ) -2 functioning hands, with minimum of 3 fully functioning fingers. -2 fully functioning legs. -Adult. Joining: 1:read this 2:Understand this 3: Walk to one of our officers IC and ask about it. 4: See what happens. There are four positions in the guild, to which one can apply upon joining: Support staff: Healers, researchers, workers, summoners. People necessary for unit to fully function, are part of support staff. They mainly work in the base / Forward camp. Members of support staff are only required to wear uniform if and when it is necessary for them to accompany others to the battlefield or mission. Members of support staff do not advance in ranks. Combat engineer: Pilots, Siege-engine operators, demolitions experts... Combat engineers handle machinery, specialized weapons, and other tasks those require technological expertise. As they are important part of the combat unit, they wear uniform just like members of the infantry. Members of Combat engineer corps do not advance in ranks..they are too busy coming up with devices those will end the world one day. Infantry: The bulk of Vanguard's numbers. While they operate in mixed combat teams and squads, each of the individual combatants falls in to one of the following categories: Heavy assault: Heavily armored soldiers tasked with challenging the enemy head first. Theirs is the task of soaking up punishment, and to deliver it in equal measure. All heavy assault specialists posses some form of ranged capacity, for others it is a rifle, for others a spell. Heavy assault specialists are also expected to be able to use shields where and when required, though for the most of the time, heavy weapons are usually their main tools of the trade ( Mauls, greatswords, etc) Pathfinder: Scouts, Sharpshooters and infiltrators. Pathfinders provide the unit with vital knowledge of the enemy, pick out their leaders and identify potential weaknesses. while they are the main source of ranged firepower, Their skills with blades and ability to appear where least expected, also serve the unit better than well in combat. Depending on task at hand, the pathfinders have to make choices between bows, crossbows, and rifles. And so, competence in use of at least two of the mentioned types of weaponry are required. Light infantry: Too loud to be pathfinders. And too light to be Heavy assaults..members of the light infantry put more emphasis to speed and raw firepower, than other parts of the unit. As such, they are ideal support for the Heavy assault specialists, securing their sides..or challenging flanks of the enemy force. Light infantry also includes combat medics and battle-healers..as well as those of the magicians who find thrill of combat while raining magical mayhem upon the enemy, to be more satisfying than scholarly duties back at camp. Conscripts: Sometimes. A criminal may be considered usefull enough to be presented with a choice: First being executioners block. Second being stuck in service of the horde, for rest of their lifetimes. Life of a conscript is one of unforgiving misery. Like peons, they toil from rising of the sun, until it sets again. They are not paid. They do not enjoy benefits such as off-duty time like others. And whatever rags they have, or manage to steal, are what they get. They will be marked with a steel band around their necks, and will be required to wear colours of the vanguard..And indeed, the chain-mail reinforced coat of arms will, for some of them, be the only defense against strikes they will have. At least they are given weapons of some kind. Maybe even shields. Eventually..after long, difficult service..if it has been exemplary. They may be promoted to rank of a recruit. And so are allowed to actually join ranks of real soldiers. But unlike others, they will never see the day they retire.. ALL members of EVERY section, attend to same practices and training. Everyone from support staff to lowly conscripts. RANKS: Blood guard (Boss.) Stone guard (Commissioned officer.) Sergeant (Non-commissioned officer. They act as team leaders.) Grunt-Vanguard (Same as grunt, really. But fully trained and even experienced one.) Grunt/trooper || Support staff || Combat engineer recruit (New guys) Conscript. ( Other New guys ) Tabards we use: Standard guild tabard. Hellscream's reach tabard. Uniform for those that require it: Warriors, Hunters, mages, warlocks, Death knights, Priests: Deadly gladiator ( Only the pieces that can be purchased from Dalaran with gold. AKA: Hands, shoulders, chest, legs. Helmet can be changed for something better looking ) Rogues: Savage gladiator shoulders and chestguard. + Garona's battlegear gloves and pants. (Yes. Again, only the stuff that can be purchased from northrend Dalaran for gold. ) Paladins: Hatefull gladiator ( See specifications above) Shamans: Red swiftarrow set recolor. Can be purchased with gold from Mount hyjal quarter master as soon as you get to the zone through portal. (Once again, helmet of the set is not necessary and can be changed for something like Wolf-mask or better looking helmet if you can get it to sort of match rest of the armor. ) Druids: TBA Monks: TBA Officers are allowed access to customized armor. Even then, they are expected to once in a while show up wearing the standard uniform. Sergeants are allowed to lightly modify their armor ( Color) . But like officers, they too are expected to now and then show up in the standard armor. IC, the unit allows no third party loyalties. As such, memberships to any neutral group ( Such as ebon blade, earthen ring,ilidari, etcetc ) Are not allowed..nor is zealous dedication to any singular faction within the horde ( That means no racial supremacy tolerated). Only loyalty allowed is loyalty to ones unit. And the unit serves the horde. Note: Applicants must be able to handle heights and depths alike, have no flaws such as racial biggotry and they must be able to tolerate even more questionable types of magic and their practicioners as required..you never know who you get ordered to work with. Some "rules" for the guild members to keep in mind: -There are no silk gloves here. -If you have time to whine about how RP of someone else violates your view to the lore and how things should be done..you probably are not focusing enough on your own doings. -You are responsible of what you/your character does and says. Only you. -There is no spoon feeding here. Feel like there is no RP? Start being around for it!(For more than 5 seconds /day) Things for outsiders to know of: -Boss of this guild is a horrible C##T. Whining to him about nonsense and doings of others is pointless. -The cake is a lie. Pie holds the truth. Edit: Reworked whole thing while half-sleeping. Edit: Added some details here and there.. Edit: More tweaks there and here.Thagr76 23h
1d [A] RP - <Crimson Onslaught> 'Usher the Dawn!' ...Maeriene96 1d
1d [A-N RP] The Myrmidon - Kaldorei Privateers The Myrmidon - Recruiting Now! Currently: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615491404#post-3 Sailing under the guise of a legitimate Kaldorei merchant vessel, the crew of the Myrmidon, led by former Sentinel Saen Stormwing, seek to honour Elune through the gathering of tithe from her enemies and the protection of her lands from interlopers. The ship is crewed by a diverse group of social outcasts, ‘reformed’ criminals and ragged idealists, unified by a firm sense of Kaldorei nationalism - and animated by a healthy taste for adventure. Maintaining a veneer of respectability through performing the workaday tasks of a standard trade outfit, the Myrmidon is also rumoured to engage in less respectable activities… raiding unprotected coastal settlements, salvaging wrecks and hunting for ancient artefacts to be put to use in the service of the Goddess and the Ancients - before slipping away into summoned tempests and swirls of eldritch power to evade pursuit by all but the most determined foes. Ruthless in their treatment of those they believe exploit the sacred coastlines and forests of Kalimdor, they hold both Alliance and Horde in contempt, living a hand-to-mouth existence on the ragged edge of legality. OOC: The Myrmidon is a travelling guild with a strong focus on Kalimdor - we aim to bring RP to areas outside of the usual hubs, with a seafaring theme allowing for varied DM-led adventure and combat RP both on land and at sea. Our cover as an independent trading vessel allows for collaboration and conflict with other guilds and involvement with campaigns. AA: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/190937 --- Ranks: Alongside Captain, First Mate, and Quartermaster, the crew of the Myrmidon fall into five distinct ranks: Wisp - New blood, untested. Privateer - The rank and file. Experienced seamen who have earned their place on the Myrmidon and proved their loyalty to the cause through signing their names to the Captain’s Articles. Sworn - The fiercest and most dedicated sailors of the Myrmidon have the option to undergo an ancient Kaldorei ritual of communion, binding them spiritually to their fellow sworn crew - and the living Myrmidon itself. The sworn embody the ferocity of the sea-serpents the privateers take as their sigil, and are relied upon to spearhead missions inland and enforce some semblance of order among the lower-ranking crew. Passenger - The Myrmidon often takes on passengers who become long-term residents of the vessel. These trusted associates - not subject to the Orders of the rest of the crew - usually prove themselves to be useful assets. And, of course, valued friends. OOC: (Characters of all races are welcomed, but restricted to this rank, if they establish a relationship with the crew.) Keeper - Priestesses, harvest witches and druids play a critical role in life aboard the Myrmidon. As well as performing the more conventional duties of peacekeeping, healing and spiritual guidance to the crew at large, the Keepers - in particular the Druids - are essential as scouts of sky and sea in their avian and aquatic forms, summoning winds to speed and storms to aid in quick escapes. Arcanist- Although accepted largely through grudging necessity, mages are relied upon during ranged offensives at sea - the Myrmidon being a light manoeuvrable ship that carries no more banal weaponry. All will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of control over their abilities (no fireballs in the hold, please). Alt/OOC - Self-explanatory. OOC: The Myrmidon is open to Night Elves and Gilneans of all classes, with the exception of demon hunters, death knights and warlocks, who will be considered on a (severely restricted) case-by-case basis. We want to aim for quality over quantity. Recruitment will be handled through an OOC interview to get a feel for your character followed by an IC meeting. Officers: For any inquiry, please get in touch with Saenon, Talfven or Rôry in game. --- 'Rules' - Above all, please treat everyone within and without the guild with politeness and respect. Most other rules are, as far a we're concerned, an extension of this. - No ERP. - No lolling, metagaming etc. - If you're going to be inactive for a significant length of time, let an officer know. - No posting Lonely Island's I'm On A Boat in raid, you're too predictable tbh. Uniform - There isn’t one, we’re pirates. The tabard is a fetching, neutral grey and white, and you are under no obligation to wear it. We’d appreciate you putting in some effort to come up with an appropriate, practical-looking seafaring mog. Most things will fly just fine. Consequences - Again, we’re pirates. If you decide to loudly talk about this in the middle of Astranaar, please be prepared to accept the consequences up to and including a Sentinel kicking you into next week and no-one wanting to come help you. The Myrmidon is a pirate ship and is suitably anarchic. However, we refer to the IC Captain’s Articles (more like guidelines, really…) in cases of extreme transgression: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/190938.Saenon171 1d
1d The Dragon RP Community I have recently established a community for all dragon roleplayers of Argent Dawn (EU) to hang out We accept any flight, however, we are less keen about having Black dragons as most of the Reds will not enjoy having you around considering the backstory. Events are like guild events but with invites, I will invite everybody a day or two before the event and all the people that decide to come will come. The in-game channel for this is Dragon RP (Do /Join DragonRP) and we hope you have you over! Thanks for reading. :)Featherstrid64 1d
1d [H-RP] Will of the Warlords Will of the Warlords is an upcoming roleplaying guild on the Horde. It is a task force group established by Legionnaire Tazkram, composing all races of the Horde. Each member a champion in name, bound together by a fierce loyalty to the Horde (at least as far as anyone can tell). Will of the Warlords is a story heavy guild, that will aim to have 3 events a week. Each event starting where the last ended (unless otherwise agreed). Said days will most likely be Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays, going from 20:00 to 23:00 server time. What is unique about Will of the Warlords (WotW)? WotW will bring storylines, where the roleplayers decide which path to take to succeed (or not). As soon as the group has left Tazkram’s office, and set out to accomplish their task, they are then free to choose how to go about it. Will you use the tools given to you, or will you create your own tools? The medal system. There will be a plethora of medals to obtain. Each requiring different things to be fulfilled. Such medals can be about teamwork, cunning or caretaking of the team’s pack kodo. Each medal is favoured by the warlords differently, some have more respect for a champion whom have obtain the medal of the wolf, others may frown upon the medal’s worth. ‘Game of Warlords’. The warlords, Wormgut, Steelgrin, Axehorn, Wolfshadow and Ironfoot, each vie for power in the council of warlords. Your character can decide to align with a warlord, and attempt to gain their direct favour. Warlords love having champions, they will confide with their champions and give them boons (outfits, banners, mounts, certain privileges). But be careful not to step on their toes either, as you may find your life shortened or your name tarnished. This concept shall be expanded upon in the second post. Ranking system. Each member is a champion, there are no apparent difference in your ranks. However, being favoured or disfavoured will change how other members view your character. The only ranks above you, are the Blood Guard, Legionnaire and the Warlords. The Blood Guard being the ‘team leader’ of the task force. How do I join WotW? Your character must be suited to call themselves a champion. Not necessarily a ‘champion of the people’, but proficient enough in a trade, that makes them worthy of the title. Write a dossier, that a warlord may wish to read in this thread. Should your character and interest be there, we will contact you here or in-game. All Horde races and classes may be accepted. When does WotW start? Early January, no date set yet. We will accept members to join the guild until then – and you may receive your formal invitation to the task force, however until the introduction event, the task force will not be officially formed. Who can I contact about joining? Tazkram, Gorgashi or Pashtrak. If neither is available in-game, do leave a post below.Tazkram32 1d