Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
25 Mar Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859137676 and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua67 25 Mar
10 Nov History of Argent Dawn Updated October 23rd 2016, 16:20 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#1 2005 - post 2 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#2 2006 - post 4 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#4 2007 - post 5 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#5 2008 - post 6 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#6 2009 - post 8 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#8 2010 - post 9 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#9 2011 - post 10 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#10 2012 - post 11 & 12 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#11 2013 - post 13 & 14 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#13 2014 - post 15 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#15 2015 - post 17 & 18 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#17 2016 - post 19 & 20 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#19Shevron281 10 Nov
3h Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn Considering Legebril is ending his maintenance on the raiding progression thread, I thought I'd continue to do it. I will also continue to work with the old format because it's a nice format. If your guild isn't in yet, please do give a shout by mentioning your progress on this thread! I will be updating all day, for now it's just a shameless copy paste. ... Soon™ ... The Nighthold - 10 bosses Alliance Safety Dance (9/10M) Mythic (10/10HC) (1/10M) The Precariat (10/10N) (10/10HC) (1/10M) Erandium (10/10N) (10/10HC) BankofStone (8/10M) Oakcrest (8/10M) Titans of War (4/10HC) Prismatic Society (6/10HC) Crimson Dawn (10/10HC) Lionheart Vanguard (6/10N) Horde Steelsong (10/10N) (10/10HC) Insurgence (10/10HC) Trial of Valor - 3 bosses Alliance Safety Dance (3/3M) Erandium (3/3N) (3/3HC) The Precariat (3/3N) (3/3HC) Mythic (3/3HC) Lysis (3/3HC) BankofStone (2/3M) Oakcrest (2/3M) Crimson Dawn (3/3HC) Horde Steelsong (3/3N) (3/3HC) The Emerald Nightmare - 7 Bosses Alliance Erandium (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Precariat (7/7N)(7/7HC) (1/7M) Bloodrune (7/7N) Inceptum (7/7HC) Immortalis (7/7N) (2/7HC) RP raiding group RaidPlay (7/7N) Spear of Wrynn (5/7N) (7/7N) Shadow (7/7N) (7/7HC) Square One (7/7N) (1/7HC) Katla (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Pioneers (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) Oakcrest (7/7N) (7/7HC) (7/7M) The Silver Charge (7/7N) Mythic (5/7M) Lysis (7/7HC) BankofStone (7/7M) Crimson Dawn (3/7M) Horde Oathsworn (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) The Rotgarde (7/7N) Legalise Peacebloom (6/7HC) Safety Dance (7/7HC) (7/7M) Night Witches (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mythic (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mistfall (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Wyld Hunt (7/7N) (7/7HC) Steelsong (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Eclipsion Blade (7/7N) (7/7HC) SSRCG (7/7N) (1/7H) Splendour (7/7N) (1/7H) The Crimson Clover (7/7N)Brutus4 3h
1d Roleplaying Guild Map Hello Argent Dawn. I've played on this realm since the day The Sha'tar realm started moving over and after all this time, i haven't been able to contribute to the roleplaying community in any sort of way. As a side hobby over my trucking job, i enjoy web development. A while ago, a guild that i was a part of was talking about a web-based map of World of Warcraft that could show where guilds are located over Azeroth. I thought it was a quite cool idea but had no knowledge in creating such things back then. I've been sitting for a few weeks working on a project just like this. A few hours per day has really gotten the project on track. So what is this? This is a web-based map that allows Guild Masters to register their guild to the website and then easily place them on an exact location in Azeroth. For example, if i want to say that our guild is based in Lakeshire in Redridge, i can move a pin to that exact location. It will have your guilds banner visible for everyone to see. The project currently supports Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If the project seems to be interesting for atleast some people, i'll begin to expand to other islands / worlds. Alliance guilds are marked with a blue pin and horde guilds are marked with a red. How do i create / manage my guild? Once you've made an account, you can visit the account area by clicking on your name at the top. From there you can click on "Add My Guild". You'll need to insert the guilds name, a banner image url and the guilds faction. After you've created the guild, visit the account area again and click on "Edit Guild Info". You can change the background / story of your guild and the location at any time. Why are you making this? As i mentioned, i haven't contributed to the game and roleplaying community that i love which made me enjoy roleplaying throughout my childhood. I've tried to recreate a somewhat of a copy of the in-game map. It supports the same zooming in & out. Do i need to make an account to see / use this? The only ones that needs to make an account are the Guild Masters so that you can manage your guild. The map is publicly visible for anyone. The activation email is used to avoid bots. The email usually ends up in junkmail. If you're afraid of any security risks of your account, i assure you that it will never ask for any information that is related to your battle net account. I am going to expand on more details over the time that passes and i am always open for suggestions and ideas. If you want to chitchat about anything privately, you can message me on Discord (Aberidius#0448) or BattleNet (Aberidius#2454) Link the website: https://www.glaive-star.com Much love <3Adriloth45 1d
11 Apr Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the battle.net forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz371 11 Apr
10 Apr Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Dawnmantle (Research, artifact hunting, pro Quel'Thalas/Horde) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Silvermoon Guard Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Crimson Caravan (Trading company / Horde auxiliary force) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Dark Eye Clan (outcast clan trying to survive) Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Order of the Raven Blood (independent order, adventurers) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Sacrilegious School (Occultism, outcasts, spellweaver criminals) Shadowmoon Pact (New Horde clan, welcoming warlocks and demon hunters too) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers. Strictly business.) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) The Valiant Accord (Adventurers and mercenaries against the Legion) Valiant Blade (Mercenaries on the Broken Isles) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Fel Hunt (Illidari) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Elvhenan (Military, assistance force) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Evenhold (Knights, refugees. Not taking evil classes. Lordaeron races only) Keepers of the Drassili (Protection of nature, races beyond Nelf also welcome) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Knights of the Isle (Knightly order) Highwave Irregulars (Kul Tirasian naval military/trade, not directly Alliance) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Northmist Company (Alliance, but close connection to the Argent Dawn) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Silver Archaeology Co (Explorer's League organisation) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Ace Platoon (Alliance Elite homeguard) The Chapter of Embers (Human, Dwarf, Worgen - holy order, military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Seventh Penal Company (Penal military) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Penal military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Bronzebrew Company (Trade) The Crooked Peace (Criminal) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Outblades (Relic hunters, mercenaries, thieves) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Ivorystar Academy (Mage school, Kirin Tor aligned) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) The Silver Charge (Silver Hand knights and some allies) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) The Synaari Pact (Freeform) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone124 10 Apr
3m Rest in peace, Hayven. (Small Event). Hello everyone, Some of you may have known the channel Hayven Games, Hayven the creator of the channel was, not to long ago, diagnosed with an extremely rare and agressive form of cancer called epithelioid sarcoma. Sadly today on the 24th it was annouched that Hayven unforunately passed away, at 26 years old... on the 18th of March 2017. Knowing that many people on AD had connections with him and some considered him a friend, there will be a small event where people can just get together and talk. Everyone is welcome. If you do not know Hayven Games and you want to come aswell, that's fine too. We can find support in each other and share stories. Location: Uther's Tomb Date & Time: 25-4-17 at 9PM server timeMonttus12 3m
7m RIP Hayven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVlrHid817I Absolutely devastating to hear one of the WoW community's members and youtuber has passed away - having fought a long hard battle with cancer. Despite him not being a part of our realm his videos and his collaborations with Nobbel87 definitely would be been heard from some on our realm and definitely for me personally his bright attitude made every one of his videos special My heart goes out to his family and friends, and please take time to leave any good messages for one of our game's fallen brothers. Light guide you, Paladin. EDIT: The General chat also has a post up as well - please leave messages on that as well as an upvote: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615463169Garr4 7m
8m [Discussion] What mount you want for the future? Hello Argent Dawn, i recently been talking to a friend for some mounts that should add in the game, like Giraffe mounts or a new unique type of bear, etc. So i came up with two of these ideas for now for future mounts possible for a faction, perhaps a new playable race, a class mount if they continue for the future to make class-specific quests etc. So, my question is, what mount do you think blizz should create in wow? I`d like to see : Armored Girrafe : an armored giraffe mount, i've seen this in the internet and it looked like a cool mount, perhaps for the horde, this is the image https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/025/130/large/thomas-karlsson-giraffemountas.jpg?1479584373 Another idea of mine was Pterodactyl mount, if they release a expansion/patch that is in Zandalar, they could add it as a mount faction there, i mean the Zandalar bought the Dinosaurs in MoP, im sure they got more in their island.Xesmeni74 8m
22m [A-RP] Hearth [Adventure Guild] Guild Name: Hearth Who or what is Hearth? ... So are you a neutral guild? ... What does the Guild offer members? ... Event Example: http://hearth1.enjin.com/home/m/43830003/viewthread/29971898-dm-script-complete What does the Guild expect of members? ... Rules: http://hearth1.enjin.com/home/m/43830003/viewthread/30065068-guild-rules Recruitment We accept Heroes, Villains and Adventures having membership slots open publically. ... (No longer recruiting Demon Hunters or Humans) Any questions on the Guild, Recruitment or Members please contact the following. ... Forum: www.hearth1.enjin.com Argent Archives: WIP Feedback, Suggestions and Question Comment BelowGigamo3 22m
23m Orc RP Tips Hello there! It's my first time RPing an orc and even though I've done some researching and reading, I'd like to know what isn't okay and what is within RP. So! I'm planning my orc to be a beastmaster from Draenor, a frosteolf with uncorrupted brown skin. Is this acceptable within RP? Anything else I should know when RPing an orc? Cheers!Stonebloom35 23m
27m Give the character above Villain or Hero name Inspired by an old thread, lets give the character above their Villain or Hero name, depends what they want to be named, for example like this. Type your character`s title or some sort of info to give you a nice name. I choose Villain. Headmistress Jenna-Angela Wenner, Pyromancer and Historian.Xesmeni78 27m
47m Influential Roleplayers - A Thank You So, rather than debate who is more popular than who, how about a chance we talk about other roleplayers and how they helped influence us and our own roleplay? If there is anyone out there that has had a hand in inspiring you to try out a different angle in roleplay, or prompting you to up your game because you want to get on their level, or perhaps just offered some insight that really benefited your ability in some way, give them a thank you. I have to give massive props to OKKOTO. He's a name I often mention with these kind of things but, I never get into why other than briefly saying he's a cool orc. I came across Okkoto in a time when I was pretty jaded with roleplay and forgot what it meant to have an immersive experience. Then, I bump into this one orc blademaster and we go off on a journey across Draenor that made the worst expansion I have ever played through into one of the most enjoyable roleplay experiences I have known. Camping out in the wilderness felt fun and also a little threatening ( just like real life! ), and he always had wonderful stories to tell both IC and OOC. When there were events, they were involving and worked wonderfully within the setting. The characters, tales and history he came up for the Hand of the Elders made the World of Warcraft feel like a world to me and I still hold some of them pretty close to heart, one brave little tuskarr in particular. He made me appreciate the little things in roleplay again and gave me a newfound love for things I used to think mundane, like travel RP. In the end, roleplaying with him really rekindled my interest and, though I find my love of the scene waning now and then, I find myself eager to go out and try and provide that kind of experience for someone else, in my own, hapless way. So, thank you bigly, Okkoto. I'd also like to extend my gratitute to MAELSTROM SYNDICATE for showing me how fun criminal roleplay can be and that there are those willing to take it beyond petty mugging. I never thought I'd ever be able to enjoy Alliance roleplay but, the folks I met in that guild proved me wrong and their characters have had a lasting impact on mind. I'd also like to thank THE CENARION GUARDIANS for giving me the opportunity to explore one character from different angles and throw her into completely new scenery. They're a swell bunch to be around, really helpful with the lore I'm not familiar with and a joy to RP with.Hearthbound166 47m
1h Argent Dawn Heroes of the Storm Thread #2 Since the first one reached its post limit. Like General Chat threads, the last person to post can create the new one. So are people excited for Valeera? And due to her spotlight, people are speculating that Broll will be the next hero to come after her.Skrauhg151 1h
1h [A-RP-Event] Stormwind Poetry Appreciation Society(#50) Stormwind Poetry Appreciation Society is a poetry club run by Bertel Wobblespring, who every other week host a meeting, open for all to participate in. The purpose of these meetings are to give everyone who might have interest in poetry a chance to share their passion. - Just show up to one of the meetings, leave a comment in this thread, or send an in-game mail to Bertel with a sample of your work. - From the first meeting: ... Next meeting will be Friday the 28th of April at 8Pm (server time) in the new park area near the memorial monument of King Wrynn in Stormwind http://www.argentarchives.org/node/161156Bertel169 1h
2h Announcement: Calling all Orcs, Trolls & Tauren! Are you looking to get into a traditional clan or a tribe? Have you started a clan or a tribe and are looking for allies or a means to advertise your new guild? The Iron Wolf clan are pleased to announce that a new thread on our forum has been added especially to create a community dedicated to those wanting to get involved in clan/tribal RP! Our friendly community is open to individuals as well as guilds, so long as you are an Orc, Troll or a Tauren on the Argent Dawn EU server. We also have a discord server set up for music, banter and for the possibility of multi-guild events! If you are interested, then feel free to visit our website www.clanironwolf.enjin.com. Or, alternatively, you can contact the Iron Wolf clan GM (Skulsplitter) in game, via a /whisper or an in-game mail message. We look forward to hearing from you!Skulsplitter22 2h
2h [H-RP] Sinister Skulls - Bandit-themed guild The Sinister Skulls is a newly created guild. The idea is to gather people up who want to commit banditry, pillaging, ambush assaults etc. This is based because there aren't that many average villain guilds out there. Either you're a good guy working within the law and order or else you're a worshiper for some evil power looking to bring chaos to this world. The Sinister Skulls aim to bring regular vandals together to do crimes and bring fear with their own powers and shapes.Xerator2 2h
2h Argent Dawn General Kenobi Thread #285 Another for the bold one.Lotheridan115 2h
3h LF names Imlerith and Caranthir As stated in the title I am looking to obtain the names Imlerith and Caranthir. I am willing to exchange coin, republic credits, material or favors for these names. If you are in possession of these names or know who is, please poke me via in-game mail or whisper, a post on this thread, or add my battle-tag which is Moody#2874. Please Argent Dawn Kenobi you are my only hope. Edit: now offering a 10,000 gold finder's fee for any information that leads to the owner of one or both names!Moody22 3h
3h [A-RP] <Surwich Village> [IC] A caravan of volunteers left Stormwind for the old village of Surwich, hoping to restore it to its former glory. Banded together, men and women of all walks of life seek to make it their home as they find themselves becoming one extended family of its own. Perhaps their hope was in vain, but it was enough for passion in the war-torn land. Enough passion to move them away from the bustling city and to try and live a normal life once more, even with everything going on away. Would the peace last? Would they ever repair the village? [OOC] Concept Surwich Village is the opportunity to bring life to the simple existence of a band of villagers. Despite the heroes fighting the Horde and the Legion, those at home still have their duties. From rebuilding what remains of Surwich, the community will grow close and grow in size. The focus in the villagers allows for great character progression living the simply life, everyone getting an opportunity in the spotlight. Ranks The ranking system is incredibly simple, for its starting place in the guild. OOCly, one could say all ranks are on an equal level, really. Every rank is on an equal level OOC, and even townsfolk can greatly contribute to help the guild. Officer ranks are identical to these, but marked with an asterisk (*), so that IC and OOC status are by all means separate: Guildmaster OOC rank for the Guildmaster. Storyteller OOC rank for officers that focus on events and storylines. Village Council Long-standing members of the community who band together to represent the entire community. One of these is the elected mayor of Surwich. They still all have other duties in the village, and aren't too different from them other than the closeness they may have with direct changes. Villager The bulk of the guild. It's a very broad rank OOC, but is much more diverse ICly, with traders, servants, blacksmiths, etc. alike. Everyone that fits into the society and isn't one of the other positions, really. Trial This is the rank people will have when they join our guild and want to RP with us, it's basically to see if you're capable to keep up with our RP. In the first weeks it's important to come and attend events, if you fail to do so you will be demoted to OOC, and be placed under the "New recruits" tag. OOC An Out of Character rank. For new recruits, alts, etc.Ezurel18 3h
3h [N-RP Event] Sri-La Spirit Festival Sri-La Village (orig. Sha La Village) is located on the North-eastern coast of the Jade Forest. It is a fishing village, with steep steps leading down to the shore from the cliff's edge. Normally known for its tranquil nature, but this year, the natives welcomes travellers from near and far to explore mysteries and wonders of the spirit world. A Festival, hosted in good spirits, to bring great fortune, by Siavash Windfarer and the Performers Society! Date: 29th June 2017 Time: 20:00-22:00 Location: Sri-La Village, Jade Forest, Pandaria Faction: Neutral AA Page: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/189879 Map: http://i.imgur.com/ePK4ajr.jpg Short Link: tinyurl.com/SriLaSpirit ... ... The Festival opens with the market. Anything goes. The festival is themed around the sea and Pandaria, so some examples for your consideration: Potion trades of aquatic abilities: Underwater breathing, swim speed and waterwalking potions Pandaren dishes: Noodle carts, fortune cookies and Pandaren banquets Pets and accessories: toys, tools and services Boat and raft rental: Offer a chance to sail out and explore the many shipwrecks Trinket booths: Treasure maps, tokens of mysterious tales, archaeological curiosities Tools for adventures: Toys, gadgets and useful tools for the journey These are just simple suggestions, and at the end you are free to decide what your stand should provide! At the market we also warmly welcome live entertainment, as for example: Dancers: Alone or in choreography with friends - always brings life to a festival Fire jugglers: We are in the season of the fire festival - using juggling torches is welcomed Fortune tellers: An always popular amusement Magicians: Tonight's event gives the chance for wizards to unfold for a show! Hearthstone Games: Good games are classy and popular Bards & Storytellers: Lyrics, short tales and fables are always entertaining to listen to You have full freedom to embrace your artistic spirit. The tavern offers table facilities to host hearthstone games, and there are ideal corners all along the road down through the village, to set up your stands! ... While Pandaria is usually known for its tranquil nature and lush landscapes, the realms is also home of a less peaceful chapter. While the Horde and Alliance colonisation in Pandaria is history, the remnants of their warfare and intense clashes still remains as a ghost from the past. Old shipwrecks and zeppelins still shapes the landscape across the ocean. Yet with any great any tragedy, wisdom can be learned. And left-over fortunes found! During the festival, you may be lucky to encounter potion vendors and engineers, trading tools for you to breathe underwater, so that you can explore the remnants of the battles - and if lucky, strange artefacts and treasury may be found along the reef! ... The sea is known for being whimsical, and so are the many spirits and creatures from its realms. But with respect and care, a great bond of friendship can grow from the waters and lead to epic adventures for both trainers and companions across the world. Tonight is a special night for the natives in Sri-La Village, as this is the evening where the aquatic spirits enters our world. Curious and mischievous by nature, these creatures has come to tease and be amused- and if satisfied, bring good fortune for the fishermen and adventurers throughout the year! Thus, to honor the spirits of the sea, we welcome all pet trainers to encounter and bond with these mysterious out-of world-creatures, and take the challenge to enter the games, where they will tumble! A tournament hosted to amuse both the spirits and their audience, giving a chance to show their mighty powers in a game where both trainer and pet is put on a test together, of both skill and tactical play! The winner runs off with the Gold medal and will have their name engraved in the Windfarer Tournaments Tablet as the third champion of the year! More about the Aquatic Spirits: The spirits comes in many shapes and temper - some of a more exotic appearance than other. One of the things they all have in common, is that even if they may look like nothing but an ordinary frog, their behavior is of a different nature. They are curious and playful, and in some cases also whimsical and love mischief. They can be a lively handful, thus acknowledgement and a chance to tumble against fellow spirits is the ideal way to calm their energy. If treated with respect and care, not only can they be a fantastic encounter, but a loyal companion, should they choose to bond and follow a loved one through future adventures. Thus, if you seek an epic partner for your journeys, this is the night to find one! Challenge the Champion! Rumour has it that tonight’s tournament invites trainers from all corners gets to fight against the legendary Hozen, Huk-Huk at the tournament!! His usual fame and acknowledgement is earned from his great cooking skills, and his trade of exotic grilled snacks in his travelling barbeque stand “Huk-Huk’s Slicky Grill”. However, his mischievous nature as a Hozen makes a perfect tag team with the Pandaren aquatic spirits, and he is eager to bring you competition! The Tournament: Four Leyline braziers will be placed near the altar of the village, to mark out the arena, for the audience. The Windfarer Aquatic Tournament is hosted as a “First come first served” contest, where the 4 first submitted competitors gets a chance to challenge fellow trainers in the arena. The time to enlist begins right after the opening speech of the festival, and lasts till 20.30. The game starts at 21:00, so make sure to be ready with your pets and transmogged costume, on time. The tournament is hosted through a Single-Elimination system, and ONLY pets of the Aquatic family are accepted in this battle pet tournament! As a minimum to enter the contest you need 3 aquatic companions and all factions are welcome in the game. No pets will be killed IC, and if they are debilitated during a fight, but wish to take revenge in next round, they will be healed and continue into next battle. As an alternatively you are also free to let another aquatic champion take the place as a new team, in the future round. Be sure to have the team ready before the combat begins, as you are NOT allowed to switch once the game is on! The path to win is through the bond of trust and friendship, thus it is recommended that you only enter the game with companions that you have a strong relation to. After the two finalist are found in round 1, the two eliminated gets to fight in round 2, to find out who wins the 3rd prize, the bronze medal, before the grand final! Surprise! Beside running off with the honour and gold medal, the winner will be granted an additional secret companion that may help them win the future competition.Siavash6 3h
3h 875 DH lf raiding guild horde side 875 DH lf raiding guild horde side :) can't seem to find any raiding guilds on Argent Dawn which is a shame as i'm loving this toon :DDemoglitch4 3h
3h [Campaign] Return of the Empire - IC Thread The following has been posted in various villages, towns and ports in Pandaria and outside of it. ...Jaí20 3h
3h Death knight guild concepts? So recently I had this thought about a death knight guild concept or rather about possible concepts. BUT...scourge concepts, we had those. Kill everything while not being scourge? We had those too. Ebon Blades order? We have it. With the recent rise of Bolvar during artifact quests, I admit I haven't played death knight during legion much so I have no idea what am I stepping into, but would it be possible to actually side with Bolvar instead of remanining with Darion? Not every death knight can attain the title of Deathlord and dethrone Darion from Acherus even if game mechanics lead us to believe so. So what are other possible paths a death knight could take without breaking the lore or balancing on its edge?Júbei5 3h
3h The Dreadfront [A-Legion] RP Guild TL;DR, we're part of the Burning Legions campaign against the forces of Azeroth, a reminder that while the main fighting is on the Broken Shore, you are not safe hiding in your cosey little Stormwind taverns :P. So who are we oocly? The general concept behind Dreadfront is to create an antagonist for other RPers. We were bored with rolling against raid markers during events and with the lack of any real active villain guilds these days, so we've stepped in to fill that void. Who are the Dreadfront icly? Servants of the Eredar Lady Vasaari and Lady Isaari, our goal is to soften up the forces of Azeroth away from the front lines. We do this through a mix of brute force, attacking towns and villages and the use of our cunning infiltrators, corrupting mortals to spread the legions influence. Events: We generally don't have scripted DM events, instead we usually strike against a band of heroes or get hunted down by the Illidari. Lately we have had some beautiful IC conflict with several guilds and a few more who are actively hunting us. Ranks: Belaros'nagas - Our GM, Jubei Tyrant - The IC leaders of the guild. Currently the title held by Eredar Lady Vasaari and Lady Isaari after Kul'ar was usurped. Corruptor - The Nathrezim known as Malum. Inquisitor - Our current Officer rank Subjugator - Powerful demons within the burning legion, from Eredar to Doomguard. Thal'kituun - Our currently infiltrator/scout rank, including our Nathrezim and Sayaad. Dreadblade - Our lower level demons, those such as Felguard, Mo'arg and Wrathguard. Exalted - Mortals who've been shown favour by the Legion. Felsworn - Mortal cultists who've proven themselves. Servant - Faithful cultists and enslaved mortals bent to our will. Can I join or can my guild fight you? The answer is simply yes. If you wish to join or hunt us down we only ask that you are sporting. You can get in contact with anyone from our guild, all our members would be happy to answer your questions. (Everything above is subject to change, when and if needed) UPDATE 2 Kul'ar has been betrayed by his own and slain. We're still currently hiding out/fortifying Zul'Gurub. We've decided to open up the Dreadblade rank to the mortals. Some new names to contact, we've promoted Lelomi and Hildemarr to officers. Again here's the list of toons you can contact if you want to get in touch. Júbei, Isaai, Vasaari, Málum, Lascere, Dominixia, Farangor, Lelomi, Vandrialas and Hildemarr.Lascere98 3h
4h What would be your most desired, future feature? Talking ingame features, of course. Present here in this thread, what kind of feature you would like to see the most in an upcoming patch or expansion. Let your creativity roam free! For me, it would clearly be the possibility to recolor transmog items into a color of my choosing, or generally have a "align color" option for sets. Man, that would really be so enjoyable, for probably everyone I presume. Long overdue, imho. Share your ideas, guys!Vorathel107 4h
5h WTB Alani Kill (Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent) Hi, looking to buy a service to acquire this mount. Contact me in game please. Price negotiable.Akirra1 5h
5h Nathanos Short Story: Dark Mirror Greetings, members of the Argent Dawn community! A new short story has been released, this time about the Blightcaller. I haven't read it yet, but for those that haven't learnt of it yet, here's the link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/dark-mirror Lets see what this has in store for us.Skrauhg72 5h
5h [Belf-RP] Dawnherald - Hooked on a feling... It seems that it is time for us to put up the compulsory forum thread for our guild. However, unlike some I will try to keep this brief and to the point, instead of making it a novel. ... OOC Dawnherald has been around on and off since 2007, and now a 5th generation of leadership is taking on the challenge of restoring the glory of Quel’thalas, while providing some really nice RP along the way! We consider ourselves to be on the hardcore end of the RP spectrum. However, we have a lot of time to spare for those who truly wish to improve their RP. Feedback and friendly tips and tricks will be given aplenty. We accept only blood elves, of all classes except demon hunters. We put great emphasis on letting your character’s individual skills come to light and during events and storylines you will most likely find yourself receiving tasks and information tailored for your character, that you alone can choose on how to act upon. We have a friendly and relaxed atmosphere going on OOC with plenty of activities aside from RP going on - such as PvE content or PvP or alt leveling for sh*** and giggles while we are on Discord having a general laugh at everything from accents to chasing each other around with AoE-debuffs while in PvE. We are looking for people who are seriously interested and dedicated to the RP, but not entirely unable to have a laugh and a good time OOC. Rules ... The ranks! Dawnherald is a military order within the Thalassian army, now led by General Arcreld Sunshield. It operates as a Tactical Deployment Unit, performing very precise tasks at the frontlines and behind enemy lines. Regardless of your character's role and skills, everyone in Dawnherald thus operates within the same unit. The exception is the medical wing which has it's own traditions and structure (more on that further down). There is plenty of room for your character to climb the ranks, chances to climb the ranks are fundamental to the Dawnherald concept of paying attention to individuals. Initiate -> Adept -> Aspirant Through hard work and dedication for the cause, the Initiate can rise to the rank of Adept and then onto the rank of Aspirant. An Aspirant who wishes to reach the rank of Herald must be sponsored by someone who is already at the rank of Herald or above. The sponsor will take the Aspirant under their wing and train them for an upcoming trial. These trials will be tailored to the individual character and the training they have been given by their Sponsor. Herald -> Herald Valiant The Heralds and Herald Valiants are the Dawnherald members that will go down into our history books. They have shown themselves to be a prime example of Sin'dorei virtues and proven strict loyalty to the people of the High Kingdom, as well as to the Dawnherald order. To achieve the rank of Herald is no small feat, and the step from Aspirant to Herald is celebrated with a great ceremony in honor of the new Herald. Herald Champion The Herald Champion is a title that stands outside of the regular ranking structure. This title is held by the winner of the monthly Dawnherald Tournament, where the General pins the Dawnherald members against each other in search of the order's best fighter. What does being the Champion mean? It means some genuine respect and priviledges (and OOC prize money, yay!). It also means that if someone bigger and scarier than the General himself besmirches the General's honor, the champion will be expected to step in and deal with it. Captain -> Commander -> General The officer ranks of Dawnherald, held by members who have very specific duties within the higher workings of Dawnherald. The Mender’s Wing Matron Valyssra Sin’dath makes sure to keep the minds of her menders sharp at all times, with weekly meetings and training events for the medical staff of Dawnherald. Joint training sessions with other guilds are also scheduled - there will be plenty for your character to dig their hands into even if the other members of the orders haven’t had the courtesy of getting themselves injured as of late. Furthermore, the medics always go with the other wings into battle - they don’t just stay at home while everyone else is out having fun! How do I join? We are found at the Halls of Respite in Silvermoon City most evenings. Otherwise, pop a whisper to Arcreld, Valyssra or Celthya. Or, hurl us a mail via the mailbox and we'll get back to you.Valyssra61 5h
6h [A] Shadow Recruiting for Nighthold! Hello everyone! <Shadow> is a well-established, mythic raiding team on Alliance side of Argent Dawn EU, consisting of mature players that stands between hardcore raiding and having busy RL schedules. We achieve this by raising the bar on player standards, personal responsibility and accountability, resulting in us progressing through content in only two nights a week of raiding. In essence, we like to have it all; careers, studies, families, raiding progression and above all - Fun in our mutual hobby. With Legion here, our mythic team is going strong and consistently performs well above average as you can see via our logs. We offer consistent, organized and effective raids twice a week. We raid on the below days and times (all times are server time): - Thursday: 20:00 - 23:00 - Sunday: 19:30 - 22:30 What we can offer you: - Organised: Consistent, fun and successful raids twice a week. - Community: Active discord server (with M+ channel), positive and helpful guild members. - Leadership: Capable and positive raid/role leaders. Raid team specific tactics / planner for prep ahead of the raid and during. What we are looking for: - Passion: You look forward to raiding with your team and always try your best. - Team player: You put the guild first. - Quest for improvement: Always looking to improve your ability. - Skilled: You can handle new raid mechanics and take pride in your performance. - Attendance: You must be reliable, keep your attendance high and make time for raiding. - Attitude: Non-elitist and maintaining a positive attitude. What we are currently recruiting: Will be updated in separate posts along with our progress as time goes, but we are currently recruiting DPS, especially ranged ones! How to join up: You can apply via our website www.shadow-wow.enjin.com following the "Join Shadow" navigation link. Alternatively you can send in-game mail to Arcere to arrange a chat. Thanks for reading!Arcere8 6h
7h (A) The Screaming Sword Company ... OOC The aim of the guild is to be a realistic Mercenary Company, inspired by middle age Mercenary Company. Do with fantasy in mind. This is a translated name from a Warhammer scenario company with the same name and goal, me and others use and thought i try bring it to wow rp place to see how well that will work. Sadly no one else is joining me for the moment. We accept all rpers from new to old, but know your lore and rp well. The name is just to scare a few famers or workers of the battlefield and leave the real men to fight. Races and classes that can join. all races and classes within lore reason. For hire rp wise for other guilds or similar? Yes, even to the degree once more join. That you can hire one of two or more mercenary’s rather than the whole guild. Profiles of them will come up on aa page somehow. Prefer combat system? Free emote, as it requires skill and knowledge and thus more realistic. How to join? W me or any member on. An ic interview will be set up. Or say you read one of our ic posters with our coat of arms saying we recruiting to one wearing our coat of arms. Loyalty? We only loyal to the contract-contracts and the client, we do not betray them as it makes a bad name for us. (https://www.argentarchives.org/node/187701 for more info like ranks and rules) (More to be added as soon as am able)Endri8 7h
8h [RP Campaign] The lost legion of uldum. ... Ever since the fall of Deathwing the tol'vir in Uldum had lived in peace. Their people have started to rebuild what the Neferset had destroyed, but this peace did not last forever. It seems that the legion has come even to the far reaches of uldum and seemingly have corrupted a legion of Tol'vir... But is this realy the work of the Burning Legion? OOC details Once again the legion has returned to our world and bring chaos and destruction us. For that the people of Azeroth seek to find ways to protect themselves from these demons... Some of these ways are not as openly as others. In a tomb hidden deeply beneath the sands of Uldum a group of former Neferset have been imprisoned. The Neferset faced an eternity in prison, however in a time like this it is not unlikely that they were found. During a sandstorm the dark eye clan accidently stumbled upon this tomb and made their way inside, here they found this legion of Neferset. With the use of a relic stored in the very same tomb, the Dark Eyes have freed the Neferset from their imprisonment. With this small private "army" of tol'vir the clan has managed to conquer a fortress for their own, a place that they now call "Dark Eye fortress". The Dark Eye clan be up to no good and they need to be stopped! When will it happen? This campaign will start at 18 April and will last until the 25th. Where will this campaign happen? This campaign will majorily take place in Uldum. For both the Horde and the neutral faction a place has been assigned. The city Ramkahen can be used by both the horde and neutral forces during the campaign. The Alliance will be staying at Mar'at during the campaign, mostly to prevent ant incidents between the horde and them Can both factions join this? Now that we have found someone of the Alliance that was willing to organize things on their side, it is possible for both factions to join the campaign. We glady welcome anyone from both the Horde and the Alliance! In order to sign up we will only request that you fill in this form and copy it to the comment section. Individuals do no need to sign up but we will appreciate if you notice us if you wish to join. ... If anyone has questions about this campaign please feel free to contact me on Gardull or by adding my battletag: Crirath#2491.Gardull70 8h
9h [H-PvE] RaidPlay: Horde! Clearing through! In September, Tidrick and I founded the raiding group known as RaidPlay on the Alliance side. For the last 4 or so months we've made our way steadily through Emerald Nightmare Normal and Heroic, and Trial of Valor normal. I couldn't of dreamed of the achievements we'd manage - as a group made of 80% roleplayers - meeting only once a week. We've had some times where it has been tough - but for the most part we are proud of our accomplishments. Raidplay is now going strong on the Horde side, and we are always looking for new members to join our roster! What is RaidPlay? - Raidplay started with the idea that many roleplayers do not want to leave their guilds in an attempt to progress through content - and as many will account for, trying to PuG to get your progression can be a long and tricky slope. RaidPlay is an alternate to this. A progressive raid group run by roleplayers, for roleplayers. Alongside weekly raiding - we seek to provide Roleplayers with a community that helps once another gear, progress through other content (e.g. Karazhan and Mythic+) - and in general promote a fun atmosphere. We do not discriminate, or require all of your time - but make sure you know your stuff and join us with the desire to help clear our content! What will we be doing on the Horde side? Now we have cleared Nighthold, the most logical option is to continue our runs, and when we feel ready we move onwards to NH HC - it gives those who join more time to get to know the group, the encounters, etc. The better prepared we are the more likely we are able to clear bosses! What is required? ... If you are interested - please see the post below for information on our roles wanted (all will of course be considered!)Garr49 9h
9h [A]<Leyline> LF healers and DPS - 6/10 HC NH <Leyline> is a small casual raiding guild on Argent Dawn. We are primarily a group of friends who also enjoy raiding! We have a wide range of ages (from 21 to 50!) and a good mix of experienced and newer players. We are actively recruiting members for our raid team (socials are also very welcome!) as we continue to progress through Nighthold Heroic (6/10). We are currently looking for healers with a viable off-spec and DPS of all types although all roles will be considered. We usually raid on Thursday and Friday from 9 PM server time although it is not unusual for us to run alt runs and additional raid nights as and when we have the interest! As well as raiding, we also enjoy running mythic +s as well as older content for transmog and achievements. As a guild, we always work together to help fellow guildies and our sense of community is very strong. If you like the sound of us, why not stop by our recruitment discord server and have a chat with one of our officers without any obligation! Discord details: https://discord.gg/xQBfqUDMylanna0 9h
9h What will the next class be? What do you think? Give a brief description of the class, the lore behind it, suggest available races, what armor and weapon types they would use, their resource and specs and roles! Would it be a hero class or a regular class?Rekthul126 9h
9h The Infinite Dark - Winners of the Raffle Announced! The Infinite Dark - A Server Initiative! ... Greetings, fellow Argents! This is a renewed project of ours dating back about two years. We hope it will inspire and encourage active interaction between individuals and guilds on an immense scale throughout the server. The Concept IC A mysterious celestial meteor has crashed into Azeroth. Its shards have been strewn across the world and are said to contain immense power. The denizens of Azeroth may unexpectedly stumble across these shards and may attempt to use them for whatever purpose they desire. OOC The idea behind the project is to provide roleplayers on Argent Dawn with an incentive to actively work both with and against one another in order to advance further along the plotline. The project is also meant to add a competitive element to roleplay and give both guilds and individuals a way of measuring their success. This would be done by counting the amount of shards you possess. “I have four shards. How many have you got, scrub?” Due to the nature of these items and the influence they will hopefully have. No one will ever have all of them. However, acquiring a certain amount of shards will grant you certain bonuses and rewards. These rewards will not have an impact on your daily roleplay, nor will it enhance your character in any considerable way (we’ll mention some these further down). You do not need to sign up for this project. You can simply let it play out in your day to day roleplay. This project will not be controlled in any way by admins or other people. What happens during the course of this plotline is entirely up to its participants. You are completely free to cheat and backstab your way to possession of these shards. However, if you do manage to get a certain amount of shards, you will be rewarded through glimpses of what is to come. To whomever collects all of the shards, there will be a special event hosted by yours truly where the plotline reaches its pinnacle. Depending on certain elements, you may be the only one to ever know how this story ended. There are two rules to this project. The first is that whoever hands over a shard to another player for a period longer than three days must send a letter to either Ashgrove or Velarthrien saying who you are and who you gave the shard to. This is to ensure that no shards magically appear or disapear. If a player is absent for a longer period of time, we will simply declare that that player’s shards are not the actual shards and assign them to a new player. The second rule is that the shardowners must make a monthly post, a rumour to both let everyone know that they are active, as well as encourage new players to step into the game. Mechanics of the Shards Each Shard grants the wielder regenerative powers. If anyone holds a shard in his or hers possession for about two weeks they begin to heal old scars and wounds. They also begin to regenerate lost limbs. Note that the Shard does not heal you on the spot. It is a very slow process and can thus not be used in combat situations or similar scenarios. Undead would gain a slight sensation of euphoria, comparable to being alive once again. Only when five shards are combined, the wielder is made impervious to disease, infections and general illness. Undead also begin to experience sensations as if they were alive once more. Something else is also bestowed upon the wielder of five shards... accompanied with a slowly increasing lust to find the remaining shards, a strong urge to uncover the truth behind these mysterious shards. Keep in mind that the shards can only merge into one when all necessary shards are present (You need five shards to merge them into one, you can’t merge two into one etc). After this point, the admins will be updating whoever holds the shards! Attributes and Appearence of the Shards All shards look exactly the same. They are transluscent and hold a faint teal colour which seem even stronger at its core. The entirety of the shard seem to pulsate with a strange shimmer. Upon touching the shard, the shimmer extends onto your hand. The shards are about the size of a human palm. They weigh slightly less than the average rock of that size. A vague inscription can be seen on the shard. The language is unlike anything any man or woman on Azeroth would ever have seen. Even the most skilled of magi would have great difficulty in uncovering the mysteries within these shards. If anyone would throw any sort of spell at the shards, it will be reflected instantly. The shards’ capabilities do not extend to other objects, however. Socketing the shard into your armor or a weapon would not make the armor reflect magic. Only direct hits against the shards will reflect any spells. If anyone would attempt to destroy the shard with an object, the object will shatter shower them with shrapnel with a force equal to what was applied. If an owner of a shard is separate from it for a longer period of time, they get a strong sense of loss. They will feel as if they have lost a part of their own power. The Orb, aka "the Parent Shard": Initially found at the crash site in the Storm Peaks by a band of adventurers, the Orb is similar to the other shards - but not quite the same. The Orb is about twice the size of the other shards. It shares many of the traits of the other shards. It has the same teal colour and is translucent. It is also covered in the very same markings as the shards. It shares most of the other shards' attributes. It reflects spells and shatters steel when under physical attack. It does not heal the owner, however. What makes the orb different from the other shards than its size is a very important feature. It will aid its owner in tracking down the other owners of the shards. The details as to how exactly it helps its owner will be known only to them. How to get a Shard of your own: Initially, this is a very simple process. You let us know by posting on this thread that you want to get your hands on one of these shards. If there are any left, we will contact you and tell you that you may now either have one shard in your possession, or you may go about finding it any way you please (hosting an event of your own where you find it, or perhaps even just finding it in a sewer, be creative!). We will then list your name here on the forum thread as one of the owners of the twenty shards. If all the shards have been taken already, the task is up to you to get them for yourself! We would also like to encourage the owners of the shards to not hold onto them too hard. If people don’t think they can get the shards off you, they will not even bother. Then neither of you will enjoy the project! Allow yourself to lose your shard so that you can try even harder to get it back! I didn’t get one, am I excluded from the Project? NO. This project is meant to create roleplay for everyone, not just the twenty owners of the shards. Just because you haven’t got one doesn’t mean you can’t get one. The only difference is that you don’t have one from the start of the project and that you will have to get shards of your own from the players who have them. Remember that the shards are only meant to act as an incentive for you to pursue them and get roleplaying with everyone else who are after them. Let the hunt for these shards create a whole story for you and your friends! All initial shards have been handed out. You can no longer get a shard from the admins at this time. If any undesirable events lead to two people arguing over who has their shard, you can contact me(Ashgrove) at Argalefz#2779 about it and I'll help you figure it out. :P Previous Threads: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9582578290?page=1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9888778906#1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16946548028 http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17288711033?page=1 AA Articles: www.argentarchives.org/node/146258 www.argentarchives.org/node/147435Ashgrove408 9h
10h What novel would you like next? Hello again! So I'm not a big fan of the world of Warcraft novels. It bugs me when there's vital lore to an expansion contained within a book that is heavily referenced in game forcing me to buy the book and (sometimes) suffer through it. However I do find novels particularly helpful in explaining things from different characters view points. The Arthas and Illidan books were good for this, letting us get a peek at various character's opinions and thoughts while also telling a story. Recently however I have been thinking about what novel I'd like to see next and was curious about you lot too. So, for a bit of fun, leave a brief description about what novel you'd like to see next. It could focus on a particular race, character, period of time, anything really. My own example is the time between Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne and World of Warcraft. I would love to see more information on what occurred during this time. Who in the Horde suggested inviting the Forsaken? How did Sylvanas react to this invitation? The break down of relations between Elves and Orcs. Perhaps a little bit about Stormwind and why it did not get involved in the third war or failing that how they react to the fall of Lordaeron if they simply could not join in. Granted many of these questions are touched upon in game but I would love to see a novel really flesh out some of these questions and give various character's view points.Vashnu21 10h
10h RP Initiative: We band of brothers Good day to you all. While plodding about Stormwind the other day I had an idea for a weekly role play project that I would like your opinion on. Index: Introduction What is it How it work What hopefully should occur Suggested Events Logistics Tldr DATES Introduction Some of us oldies who have been around since vanilla have enjoyed many adventures in role play, dungeons and questing with close knit groups of friends or guild mates. Over time however, some of these friends leave the game or faction change or you just lose contact. While you always retain the memories of your first big role play adventure with some friends, losing them can make these events seem a little less real when you are talking to other people about them. As such, I had an idea for a new sense of adventure. What is it? My idea is fairly simple. You take a character you might not use for role play, have stopped using or create a new one. This character becomes a fresh faced new character in the world of Warcraft. However, despite this character being 'new' you come along to a series of events thrown by this group. The first event would actually not take place during Legion, which at present is current content. Instead we cast ourselves back to vanilla, perhaps the opening of the gates of Ahn'qiraj. During this first event, you introduce your new character to the rest of the group, who similarly, are new characters. Together you might fight off Silithid, aiding the champions of Azeroth in pushing the threat back. During the event you explore the backstories of other characters and tell of your own, you become friends or rivals with group members. A week later a second event is held during the events of the Burning Crusade expansion. A year or so has passed for your character although of course the event taking place only a week later it is left to you and the group to fill in the gaps. Perhaps you all went your separate ways, perhaps some of you became friends or started business, relationships or adventures together. Maybe your character just vanished. During the second event you reunite with the old group and help the Alliance/Horde push back the Legion or Illidan, further cementing your now slightly older character's bond with the rest of the group. And perhaps now Draenei have joined your group. Once more, a week passes in real time and a year or so of role play time. The Wrath of the Lich King is upon us. You and the group come together again to face the Lich King, only this time, those that fell in previous events, former friends, family or lovers, now stand as Death Knights before you. Allies, but different. And the events would follow on in this manner, one a week or so, a year or two passing between each with you and the group filling the gaps with little stories until finally we arrive at Legion. Now standing in current content, your only two or so month old character has about ten years of joint experiences with the rest of the group. You may be closer than ever, further apart, lovers or rivals but you have in reasonably short time, created a character that is 'new' to the role playing scene, but old to the world. How it works Essentially I'm looking for a group of about ten, though the number is very flexible in terms of being higher or lower, role players bringing new characters to play out. Each event would last perhaps an hour or two, during which our characters get to know and fight beside each other, perhaps in some cases die beside each other only to return again as Death Knights or vanish mysteriously for years only to return as a Demon hunter in Legion. This would allow for those moments we all hope for when we make a DH or DK, where our old friends are shocked at what we have become. Week one would see new characters coming together and enjoying, hopefully, an event together. Then we would create an in game channel with which to chat about our characters, exploring what they might get up to during the year or two that occurs between events in game time, even though these events are only in fact a week apart. What hopefully should occur At the end of the 'saga', you should hopefully have a character that as a role playing concept is only about two months old, but thanks to the events and discussions in game has in fact been kicking about for ten years. This should allow you to mingle with races/classes your current characters might not. Perhaps at the first event your paladin scorns the warlock in the group, only by event three you've fought together for years and realise you have more in common than you thought. This would also allow you to age your character. Perhaps event one you are a fresh faced soldier of Stormwind. By the final event you are a more grizzled veteran, having survived ten years of conflict on Azeroth and beyond beside your friends. Perhaps you have found love between events or perhaps you've lost friends and family to the Cataclysm or Legion invasion so one week you are chirpy and happy, only to be a much more somber character the next. Suggested events These are my rough ideas for the events in question. They are designed to throw our characters into the thick of Warcraft history, without having us appear as the grand heroes of Azeroth. Vanilla: Gates of Ahn'qiraj: You find yourself separated from those you traveled to Silithus with, or perhaps you came alone. In the midst of sandstorms, towering animated obelisks and fierce Silithid warriors, you find yourself standing side by side with a rag tag group of survives in the harsh heat of the desert. This allows for ample opportunity to introduce your character as a random explorer/adventurer who has become caught up in the battle, or as a lone survivor of a group of your races warriors or anything in between. The Burning Crusade: Charging the Black Temple OR Battle of the Isle of Quel'Danas: Time has passed since your band fought together in Silithus. Now you stand against fierce demons and towering infernals. Outland and Azeroth are your battlefields. It is up to you to hold the line! I found that the Black Temple and Quel'Danas were equally pivotal moments of Wow's history and believe either or both might make interesting battles to fight out. (More events to come as discussed with the group, but these are good outlines for suggested events.) Logistics As mentioned before, the numbers are fairly flexible as I imagine some people may find themselves unable to attend each event, wish to drop out or return later. The style of the 'initiative' allows for people to essentially appear at any point. Whether you wish to fight with the band from the start to the end, or whether your character might want to join in Cataclysm. Draenei, Death Knights, Worgen, Pandaren and Demon Hunters: All of these characters are welcome to join HOWEVER only when they become relevant to content. This means the Draenei can join the TBC event but not the vanilla, Death Knights can appear for Wrath and so on and so forth. As for a start date, I would hope to begin sometime in summer, perhaps after April, allowing for plenty of time for feedback, discussion, people to prepare characters and generally time for me to panic. Your input Everything about this initiative is exceedingly flexible, from participant amounts to event dates, to time skips and what not. I would like your feed back on whether you think it is viable, worthwhile or even ideas for events, whether you might want to host one of the events or if you would like to come! Please let me know here or in game! Thanks for your time if you managed to make it to the end! Tldr A series of events with fresh characters starting in vanilla going all the way to Legion. DATES The channel for the initiative will go live on the 20th of April. (Feel free to talk to other people about it first!) The first event is likely to be the 29th of April.Mowat35 10h
10h [N-RP] The Northern Priory - Return of the Empire! ... Heya folks, it's been a long time coming but the Northern Priory is now officially back in action and stronger than ever. It's great to be around again and we hope to generate plenty of RP in the neutral community with different public events and joint initiatives, and we can't wait to experience everything the World... Of Warcraft. Has to offer. Who even are you? The Northern Priory is a collective of people from neutral factions whose primary goal is to use expeditions, research, and the methods of said factions, to help defend against multiple different threats which Azeroth and its inhabitants face. The main factions which we accept are: - The Argent Crusade - The Kirin Tor - The Cenarion Circle - The Earthen Ring - The Silver Hand And more recently - - The different Order Halls introduced in Legion. - The Ebon Blade - The Illidari Though we shall consider recruiting Ebon Blades and Illidari in the future if they can prove that they understand that they aren't going to tread on any of the other factions toes with their reckless methods, as well as hopefully setting up a Horde side Priory if I can gain the interest of some officers to help me lead it. What do you do? The Northern Priory can mainly be found going on expeditions to places all across Azeroth and beyond, in search of researching means, and collecting as well as safeguarding artifacts which could be used to fight off threats to the safety of Azeroth. Though we still do tend to do some classic crusading along the way being the goodies we are, and also discovering different conundrums which can only be fixed through the powers and methods of the different factions or the effort of everyone combined. Where can you be found? Although the Northern Priory being so expeditionary and wandering do gooder style causes us to move from zone to zone at our own leisurely pace, when we are not answering calls for help, going in search of artifacts or finding interesting things, we can be naturally found in and around the Abbey of Tyr's Hand that we get our name from (which was taken by the Argent Crusade in Wotlk do the quests), as well as the cities of the different neutral factions which aid us. What is your events schedule? Our events schedule is set out so that sometimes we have times of winding down where we just have events once or twice a week, but when we're on our little crusades and adventures across Azeroth we're constantly having events as we go on our misadventures. We have some small periods of downtime around exam periods and major holidays when everyone has other things to think about than playing World of Warcraft (blasphemy). Any requirements? As the Northern Priory is a union of people from neutral factions, we do not have any uniform requirement but we do expect people to wear the tabard of the neutral faction they represent so as to be able to identify Argent Crusade magus from Kirin Tor magus and so on and so forth, or to just wear the guild tabard if they're just a neutral individual wanting to help a good cause. Other than that there are no other requirements other to follow the rules which keep the guild from going barking mad and sinking into the depths of chaos (unintentionally)!Rurík53 10h
13h [Undead RP] The Hand of Agony : Change of the Season ... ___________________________________________________________________________ The Hand of Agony, also known as The Queen's Grasp, originally based on Hand of Vengeance, is a Forsaken-only guild focused on Military RP. Even while the guild is focused on Military themes, not all of our events however are strictly militaristic. Apart from our own events, produced and brought to life by officers and members alike, we have done many, many co-operative events with several other guilds, and more have been planned for the future! Many of these events and campaigns can be found on our Argent Archives -page, where our allied guilds are also listed. From once being only apothecaries, the Queen’s Grasp has grown into a fully operational warmachine, determined and prepared to fight the threats which the kingdom of Lordaeron and the Banshee Queen faces. - Accept new roleplayers, willing to teach etc - More information on our AA: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/82147 Current base: Tarren Mill Rank system: OOC: Members that have not undergone an in character interview. Said characters are allowed to remain OOC for the time it takes them to lvl, or gather RP items, or whatever other reason there is. Not indefinitely, however. Recruit: New blood in the military unit receives a rank of Recruit, his journey ready to start. A lot of hard work will be need to prove themselfs. Trooper: Gaining experience Recruits become troopers. Forming a less experienced pool of soldiers that will get the job done... if guided right. Specialist: Are soldiers who already knows a few tricks and their skills has been tested enough to be ready for a deployment almost anywhere without preparations. Veteran: These veteran soldiers of any branch act as exemplars for the less experienced among the Hand. Some are loved while others are feared, the Veteran's duty is to show those below them how it's done. Elite: Having earned the respect of their unit and their unit Commander the Elites are men and women who are battle-hardened and equipped for their tasks. Often associated with a certain officer the Elites act as a ''Second in command'' to their assigned unit. Officer: Having been put in charge by the Commander of the Hand the Officers lead the Hand's different divisions with an unyielding tenacity. All sections (Apothecaries/Deathguards/Deathstalkers/Spellweavers/Clergy) have one of these and each of them is determined to make her Majesty proud. Executor: The Commander of the Hand of Agony, holds absolute command over the entire unit. Current recruitment officers: Guildmaster Jorríck - Officers: Belthran, Emarric, Sôrgall, Solineria If none of the Officers are available, you can contact any member or elite for applications but you do have to handle the IC interviews with an officer. Argent Archives Profile: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/82147 Old threads: Regards to Akru for making the original post as well as the Argent archives page. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893569293?page=1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7739845005 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715482712?page=1 ___________________________________________________________________________ Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ! Q; Alright, seen you guys around, cool name and all.. But what EXACTLY are you about? A: Mainly about RP, we serve her Majesty without doubts, going to places where others dare not to enter. Q: Sylvanas huh.. Doesn't that mean you are very anti-horde? A: Both yes and no. The beauty of Forsaken roleplay is that it is based around Free Will, and so is the guild. As long as you are loyal to Sylvanas, it's all good.. Q: Promotion? A:You have to be active and show us what you want to roleplay as. If you are a hunter wanting to be a Dreadguard, you prove it by rping as one and dressing accordingly. Each event you go to will earn you a small amount of promotion points only visible to the officers. You will then be called to a second interview for each rank you advance in when it's time. Making it all happen IC so you can't predict when it is about to happen. Q: Why can't I join as a Dark ranger?! A: Cause we have decided to remove the rank altogether for two reasons: 1 is that the class is often associated with a lot of confusion and drama. We do not shun dark rangers but we chose not to have them as part of our officer system. People can still join as dark rangers as elites or deathstalkers, but won't ever be officers. 2 is that we do not recruit more blood elves. Even if your blood elf is an undead icly or a death knight, we won’t allow you to join as we already got way too many. BUT.. If you chose to use the Forsaken model and rp an undead blood elf that way, we will more then welcome you! Q: Anything else? A: We want to promote more use of the Forsaken as a race all together as well as the model of the forsaken male and female. There is so much rich story for everyone to enjoy! We gladly help newcomers and constructive feedback is something we are always open for. Do leave the trolling somewhere else though!Emarric109 13h
18h [H/RP Community] Tirisfal Glades ... Right now, the casual RP on Horde side (from my experience, at least) is very focused around the Wyvern’s Tail - it is a fun hub, but it feels like many people are there due to its popularity/lack of other steady hubs rather than because it is a good fit for their concept With the initial success of kicking off RP in the Brill/Tirisfal area, I’d like to try to go a step further and try something ambitious. Tirisfal itself is a really cool and iconic zone and intrinsically linked with the part of the Warcraft that many people are most enthusiastic about - the Frozen Throne et al - and I think it has some great potential in terms of roleplay. What I’d really like to do is to try to turn this place (in part, at least) into a living, breathing zone* populated by roleplayers - with characters representing merchants, farmers, soldiers, bandits etc all in this one zone working together to create free-form storylines together For most part, this will be centred around Brill but will make use of most of the Tirisfal Glades zone in one way or another to facilitate interactions between characters. To help this along, I’d like to offer some limited DMing for the zone in terms of rumours, plot-points and NPCs to help the area seem less stagnant and more cohesive I would like for this hub to be very open and easy to get involved in, precluding any specific requirements regarding guild -- <Tirisfal> is going to remain open for recruitment (and is doing pretty good so far!) but joining up will by no means be a requirement to get the most out of the Tirisfal RP scene - you can (obviously…) just turn up So in conclusion - I’d like to invite anyone at all who is interested in undead/Lordaeron-themed (but not exclusive) RP to check out Brill 7pm onwards - there is usually something going on in the area that you can involve yourself in for some pick-up roleplay - or alternatively you can ask in the channel for people’s locations (I’m going to be maintaining a rumour mill / public posting section - if anyone wants something added to it, just ask in this thread. To avoid taking up too much room on the forums, I’m going to be using this thread for news re. Any future Brill Market Days / the <Tirisfal> guild tag instead of their old threads) * hehe get it? It's an undead zone so most people there don't live or breathePerroy17 18h
18h [H-RP] The Horde's Shadow - Back in Black! Throm'ka fellow members of the Horde! No it is not a mirage, The Horde's Shadow is back and we're going to be better than ever! After a long extended break thanks to that thing called IRL and Adulthood, I've returned and am bringing back The Horde's Shadow new, improved and in a lot better state than it's first iteration! So what are we you may ask well, let me tell you! 1. The Concept The Horde's Shadow is a multi-racial war band made up of experienced and highly skilled members of the Horde. They work together to bring down the enemies and threats of the Horde using their skills, knowledge, determination and teamwork to ensure the Horde and her people live in some degree of peace and safety. Founded during the end of the expansion we don't mention (Warlords), The Horde's Shadow was initially tasked with trying to aid in stopping the rising Legion threats and soon after Legion began they shipped off to the Broken Isles to aid those that were being bombarded by the Legion threat. A series of poor decisions and actions lead to the unit disbanding and their leader and members were scattered. During the time that passed, with Alliance and Horde focusing on the threat of the Nighthold and Gul'dan's tyranny, Ara'ni underwent development of her own through intense training, improving on the mistakes she made leading small groups on 'covert' missions including sabotage, reconnaissance and rescues. Now as the Legion retaliate even stronger and more brutal than before, The Horde's Shadow is reforming in order to take on tasks that require the utmost risk and entering dangers that many could only dream of. Their goal now is to run the assignments and deal with the threats to the Horde both on the front line but also a domestic level against the Alliance and other foes. 2. Who does the Horde’s Shadow Accept? The Horde's Shadow remains a MULTI-RACIAL unit encompassing the values and traditions of the Horde and each race. Whilst we understand that the denizens of the Horde don't always see eye to eye and cultures clash, anyone who wishes to join must be able to work with all races and co-operate without prejudice. If you have opinions about particular races its okay to be wary and such but no flat out racism please. In addition, The Horde’s Shadow is a unit with high standards for those who wish to enlist. All those who join should exhibit skills in combat but also in strategy, logistics, logic and problem solving. Those with additional skills in other areas such as languages, or a profession like blacksmithing, alchemy and mending are also encouraged to join. Note below: We sadly do not accept demon hunters into our ranks, however they can choose to affiliate themselves with us and aid in appropriate missions if it is suited to their purpose How do I Apply? In order to make the experience as immersive as possible, all applications are handled on an IC basis. To simulate an IC request to join there are three ways in which you can do this: 1. simply send an IC mail to Árani with the following form. 2. /w me a completed form as though you're sending an IC letter! 3. Post it here and we'll pick it up! ... After receiving the application you'll hear from Ara'ni either that day or the next and try to accommodate an IC interview with yourself! The IC interview will consist of a discussion of skills, experience and why your character wishes to join the Shadow. There will also be a test of relevant skills. After this you will then either be initiated or declined a position. I apologise in advance if this seems elitist to you, but The Horde's Shadow prides itself on it's immersion and realism. Not everyone is able to be accepted into such a unit and not everyone can be successful. If your character is unsuccessful, it is not a slight on you or your roleplaying ability at all, it is simply IC and should be regarded as such. We're all nice people and 99% of the time we'll try to accommodate everyone. 3. What if I have any questions? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have either by whispering any member of the guild or myself. Or post them here and we'll be happy to answer too ^^. Alright next post is the more guildy IC stuff! We look forward to hearing from you though!Árani35 18h
20h Would you date character above you #7.2 Onwards, proud knights! Deus Vult!Squier13 20h
21h The Starhost - Night Elf Initiative - News! New 7.2 Mustering Suggestion - see end of thread! http://www.argentarchives.org/node/162378 The Starhost The Starhost is a coalition of Night Elven & Kalimdor based guilds acting as a wartime coalition or warhost in times of need. The Kaldorei nation has a history of banding together en mass to face great threats - the War of the Shifting Sands, facing the Legion - and the Starhost aims to represent what this kind of event would look like in the small cross-section of Night Elf society represented by roleplayers. Gathering and dispersing in response to threats that interest the Night Elf nation - typically, incursions into their forests and the appearance of their traditional enemies, the Legion and the Undead, the Starhost allows individual Night Elf guilds to benefit from the weight of numbers and access to specialist skills afforded by working with their allies. Acting more like an event than an organisation, the Starhost has no formal structure outside of the times it is active; the chain of command, allegiances and operations that take place as part of the Host have no necessary bearing on how guilds govern themselves in peace time or on individual events. It also means that the make-up of the Starhost can change between gatherings, as different guilds or orders chose to step up or sit out as appropriate for them. This 'groundswell' approach to participation means we can have guilds from across the entire spectrum of Night Elf roleplay working side by side in spite of their differences. While taking part in a Starhost gathering, guilds agree to camp together, RP together, sharing information and resources and co-operating on whatever events are currently topical. They choose to participate in a given campaign as a component part of the wider Starhost umbrella as opposed to as a collection of individual guilds, allowing them to combine their strengths most effectively. Leadership As the make-up of the Starhost can change between gatherings there is no formal overall leader in place at all times. Instead we will take a more ad hoc approach, with a council of officers and GMs taken from each participating guild working together to make decisions. To ensure this goes smoothly an overseeing General with executive power will be appointed from the Council based on a vote or collective decision to lead the Starhost council for the duration of a gathering. In keeping with the 'groundswell' approach to gatherings, positions on the council and the post of General are temporary, and liable to change every time the Starhost disperses and re-forms. The role of the Council and General will be to direct the actions of the Starhost, be it how they organise their camps, what battles they face, and the allocation of campaign missions to particular guilds or to cross-guild groups of specialists (Druids, magi, scouts, Priestesses, etc). The General's power will be limited to acting as a figurehead and presiding over Council meetings, casting a deciding vote if needs be in the event of a draw. Membership Taking part in the Starhost is easy; all you need to be is a Night Elf or Night Elf-based guild with the ability to contribute to a warhost in some capacity. Express an interest in taking part to an involved GM (I'm your best bet for now) and you will be signed up. Being a participating guild in a Starhost gathering guarantees you two spots on the Council (ideally a GM and one officer) in return for agreeing to camp with and work alongside the rest of the Starhost for the duration of the campaign/event. Aims The ultimate aim of the Starhost is to create and encourage roleplay and co-operation between guilds. We hope that by providing a framework like this to bind together guilds we can approach events of a greater scale than we would be able to do alone (with Legion approaching this is a big plus), maximise participating in world RP campaigns where appropriate, and foster a sense of community integration between Night Elf guilds and roleplayers. I aim to make this project as open and inclusive and drama-free as possible, and keep the focus on creating roleplay and benefitting the community, and hope the relatively informal structure of the Starhost will aid this; by keeping membership fluid and leadership even more so - and disallowing any notion of lasting influence beyond times of need - we should be left with a tool to benefit all the Night Elf community without being exclusive, domineering or downright weird. Mustering - The crowdsourcing model To maintain as much individual guild autonomy and an open attitude to Starhost dealings the events that the Starhost gather for ('mustering') will be decided upon in a 'crowdsourcing' type model. Somebody (a Starhost guild member, World RP campaign organiser, Dungeon Master, or anybody with a story to share) posts in this thread an Ad outlining the event/campaign they think warrants a Starhost mustering; guilds' officers & GMs may then register their support and once a prerequisite number of groups have signed up (2-4, usually) then the mustering can be called a Starhost and the rules/organisational framework we have in place comes in to play. The council of GMs & Officers will be formed of the guilds that have signed up to a given event, and a Starhost General appointed by them for the duration of that mustering. This open system allows us to decide what events we muster for in a multilateral fashion. Guilds are free to sign up or not as appropriate for them, and need not have participated in any Starhost mustering before or after the event. ... ... As ever, comments, questions, corrections and abuse are welcome below. Thornroot182 21h
22h  [Crime-RP] The Cutthroat Cartel: Hiatus! Explosives? Check! Rockets? Check! Alcohol? Double check! The future of criminal adventure is here, and its looking green, mean, and about four foot tall! Booze, bounty, and booty, what more could you want from life? There is no better time to call yourself a Cutthroat. Argent Archives: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/174209                               We're taking a break! Recruitment is closed until 10/5/2017! __________________________________________________________________________________ ...                                               Risk it all to win it all When someone pledges their life to the crew, its no light-hearted decision. There is no job made without risk and no alliance forged without enemies. This is the reality of our work: Most of us won't die of old age. By joining the Guild, both IC and OOC, you accept that you are putting your character's life on the line to risk it all, and win it all. If though IC situations you turn up on a Wanted Poster you fully accept the reality that Bounty Hunters will come calling, City Guards will seek to arrest you. Actions have consequences, just try not to get us all killed.                                                               | ♠ |Grizzik118 22h
1d <Oakcrest> 8/10 NH Mythic - "We wipe on trash" Interested in more DPS - preferably Rogue. Who are we? We're Oakcrest, a guild of semi-hardcore raiders, and we need you! We're about 60% Swedish (who speak English, and don't bite), and we're preparing to take on the Nighthold and give Gul'dan a damn good hiding. What do we do? We raid! 3 nights a week, plus one optional night of heroic clears. Our raid times are: Wednesday - 19:30-23:00 Thursday (Optional, non-progress) - 19:00-undefined Sunday - 18:30-22:00 Monday - 19:30-23:00 All times are in server time. What do we need? You! Probably. We are looking for people with: -A good self-depreciating sense of humour -Some raid experience (not entirely necessary if you prove you are mythic material) -A solid knowledge of your class -The patience and tact it takes to navigate the minefield of mythic raiding Think you've got what it takes? Apply to one of our officers ingame: Roegar, Ixirar, Kizuya, Pawleena, Inodas, or me (mostly found these days on Kaeryth). Helpful Swedish phrases for your time in the guild: Guild and raid chat (with the exception of memes during break time) is exclusively in English, but it helps to have a minor Swedish vocabulary! ...Yvaleth42 1d
1d [RP-PVE] The Jailers' Reign Campaign - May 8th ...... The story As the war on the Broken Isles continues, the Burning Legion has sent its agents to the far north in their attempt to secure another foothold on Azeroth. With help from his followers, the crippled Dreadlord Xal’molenth has seized control of a significant portion of the Scourge that has lingered in Zul’drak since the war against the Lich King. Undead fight alongside demons, just like they were created to do and the Argent Stand struggles from constant attacks. A single runner managed to escape the fallen Drakkari city in time and word has been sent out to different corners of the world. Who will answer? The concept The Jailers’ Reign Campaign will mainly consist of RP-PVE events progressing the main storyline told by myself, but there will be plenty of chances to host private events as well. Both the Alliance and Horde are welcome to sign up but I’m mainly looking for guilds and characters inspired by the class orders, or more specifically – the Argent Crusade, the Order of the Silver Hand and the Knights of the Ebon Blade. This is my attempt to set a certain theme for this campaign, nothing more. The Earthen Ring, the Cenarion Circle and so on are welcome to sign up, as long as they do not outnumber the amount of death knights and paladins showing interest. The date - May 8th, Monday, 20:00 ST lasting for a good two weeks I imagine. The zone There will be a few certain locations throughout the zone that will be used to progress the story, which means attending players are not to near them before the events take place, but it is still encouraged to host private events in the outskirts of those places when there aren’t any “main events” on the calendar. Important information is shared in this link, so please take a moment to read it: http://imgur.com/a/MpnJ5 Kolramas, Altar of Sseratus, Amphitheater of Anguish, Reliquary of Agony and Zeramas are the locations the dungeon-masters will be using, which means you are welcome to create roleplay in the outskirts / along the border of these areas. As mentioned in the link, there are a few places that have been destroyed, but guilds and individual-attendees are more than welcome to try and reclaim them through their own events, but please let us know in this thread or the IC thread (soon to come). Roleplay opportunities The campaign will provide people with a lot of different options. If you want to attend the campaign as a demonic follower instead of a knight of the Silver Hand, feel free to sign up as one. If you want to roleplay a wounded or a poisoned soldier, there will be plenty of chances to experience this, and should there be people interested in roleplaying a prisoner of the Legion – let me know, and you will be added to a list. More information regarding prisoners, demonic followers and even Scourge roleplayers will be shared once we get closer to the campaign launch, and once I’m certain there is enough interest shown from these kind of roleplayers. The events I have planned are only for “the good guys”, so everyone else is responsible for their own entertainment. I’m looking for people to roleplay demonic cultists, death knight turncoats, Nerubians and corrupted Drakkari trolls for a couple of events, so if you’re interested, please let me know. Mark of the Legion What changes have the Burning Legion’s arrival done to the zone? A lot of trees have become tainted with the fel and may prove deadly to near, what was once pools of unholy slime have now, somehow, become polluted with demons’ blood. Ice trolls are dabbling in powers they do not understand, the Nerubians have become infested and crazed by demonic energies and the Altar of Sseratus is now sanctuary for several twisted cultists and death knight turncoats working to turn whatever herds of Scourge they can find into subjects of the Burning Legion. The skies are inhospitable due to the ridiculous amount of felbats and gargoyles plaguing the airspace. The Scourge remains in control of Zul’drak’s third level. - I am aware that there aren’t many guilds based around the different class orders, but this campaign is a bit of an experiment, so I do not mind if the numbers will not rival those of other campaigns. Feedback, criticism and questions are more than welcome, thank you for reading.Rottusk25 1d
1d [A-RP] <Lionheart Vanguard> - Wrath of Kebeset Formerly known as the <Spear of Wrynn> Recruitment status: OPEN Website: http://lionheartvanguard.forumotion.com/ AA: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/189477 1. Summary: 2. Structure and ranks: 3. Guild progression and Medals: 4. Events and activity: 5. Units: 6. Joining the guild: 7. Roleplaying with the guild: 8. Non-roleplaying activities: 9. Rules: 10. Q&A: ...IC The <Lionheart Vanguard> is an elite Alliance task force, founded in response to the Legion invasion across Azeroth. The Vanguard recruits only the most exceptional individuals within the Alliance and each member is expected to be a powerful hero in their own right. The diversity of talents and abilities present within the <Lionheart Vanguard> means that they have a varied amount of tasks designated to them. Currently, their prime focus is the Burning Legion and its invasion, but they are expected to face any other threat to the Alliance that arises - including the Horde. Often being the first to jump into battle and the last to leave it sees the Vanguard stationed all across Azeroth and as such they have no permanent lodgings or headquarters. Shore leave however usually sees them in either Dalaran, or one of the Alliance capital cities. OOC The <Lionheart Vanguard> is a continuation of the Spear of Wrynn, a guild originally founded shortly before the release of Legion. Put simply it is a multi-racial militaristic/ adventure guild comprised of “hero” characters. While there is often an emphasis on ‘realism’ in Argent Dawn’s roleplay, we embrace the high-fantasy setting that Warcraft is and use everything available to us as we roleplay to combat the Legion (read: powerful characters). ...We have found a complex command structure to be superfluous for the guild, and only have a few ranks. We operate like a band of heroes (think Mass Effect or Dragon Age) and not like a military. While the guild is technically a “military guild” due to the way characters are recruited, the nature of the characters in the guild means that frequents commands, orders and formations don’t happen. • Commander: The guild master rank. • Paragon: A minor officer role, mainly assisting when required. • Champion: Temporary rank used in conjunction with our medal system. • Vanguard: The member rank. ...We recognise and reward IC actions using a medal system. Characters that have performed extraordinary feats worthy of recognition will be awarded a permanent medal and the title <Champion> of the <Lionheart Vanguard>, as well as a temporary promotion to the rank of Champion to highlight your characters, and show that they are worthy of respect from their comrades. The medals we use are intended to cater to many different types of characters, and reward people for acting in a way that is appropriate and fitting for that character, rather than forcing people to act in a specific way to get noticed. Roughly once every few months, or in between larger guild campaigns/ stories, we will be having a guild meeting as part of a larger event. This will be the time that we deal with promotions and medals. One good roll in an event won’t get you recognised, rather the guild leader and officers will be following everyone’s progress between each meeting and selecting individuals to be awarded the medals. The medals are: • The Grand Cross - The highest honour awarded by the Lionheart Vanguard. Used very rarely and often posthumously. • The Cross of Heroism - Awarded for great acts of courage. • The Cross of Brilliance - Awarded for great acts of ingenuity. • The Cross of Might - Awarded for great acts of strength. • The Cross of Benevolence - Awarded for great acts of compassion. • The Cross of Ferocity - Awarded for great acts of ruthlessness. ...We usually run 2-4 events a week but are always happy for members to host events in the guild. Most of the time we have more than one event running at once as we like to offer a choice, as well as have smaller more close-knit event groups (more info below). As well as our usual ‘campaign’ events, we will soon be starting our newest event series: Spear of Wrynn goes Artefact hunting. They are simply put more personal events that we will be running for characters in the guild who want to acquire their own “artefact” weapon (not on the level of the adventures weapon’s obviously) if anyone in the guild wants to wield something powerful and “unique” to that character we’ll work on a concept for the weapon and craft a story around it and how we’ll end up gaining said weapon. No one is expected to join every event and we appreciate that RL always takes precedence over the guild. We don’t expect you online all day every day, but if you plan on joining on an alt you only touch once every few months that we suggest you find another guild to store them in. Unless given some sort of warning we tend to remove characters after two weeks of unexplained activity, and consider them M.I.A until told otherwise. ... THIS SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY INACTIVE! • Spear of Wrynn - Lead by Commander Lotheridan Hartford. Named after the former High King Varian Wrynn, the Spears are expected to exemplify his heroism and strength and Spearhead attacks against the Alliance’s enemies. Alliance heroes facing the deadliest and most powerful threats. • Bonechopper of Mekkatorque - Inactive • Shield of the Prophet - Inactive • Claw of Greymane - Inactive • Glaive of Whisperwind - Inactive. • Hammer of the Council - Inactive. • Fist of Cloudsinger - Inactive. The <Lionheart Vanguard> is one, unified force and the units in no way mean that we are a collection of smaller guilds within a guild. The units are temporary groups used on an event-by-event basis to split the guild into a number of smaller forces, each undertaking different task but working towards the same goal. No one is ever permanently assigned to a group. The names were chosen to pay homage to our old guild name, and reflect the attitudes and behavior of the racial leaders they represent. However, they are not meant to divide by race or class - it is just a theme. For the most part people are free to chose who they want to follow in each events (depending who is online) unless there is an in character reason against it. The goal is to maintain a close-knit feel in events, so no one will be lost in the crowd, and it also provide a large variety of events for people to follow. Each unit has their own tasks that they are usually assigned and since we take such diverse characters in the guild the events are in such a way that ensures (for the most part) people aren’t put in situations that make no sense for their character and are uncompelling for them. Fragile mages and sneaky rogues wouldn’t be expected to fight on the front lines, conspicuous plated warriors wouldn’t be made to sneak around in the shadows and ruthless death knights wouldn’t have to waste their time pointlessly saving civilians. How it works in practice would be, for example: On an event night the Spear of Wrynn group may be lead to face the bulk of whatever enemy forces we are facing. The Shield of the Prophet would move into a dangerous area filled with civilians and work to save and evacuate anyone they can. The Bonechopper of Mekkatorque would be looking for a way to weaken the enemy forces, perhaps disabling a powerful artefact that is empowering them. The Claws of Greymane would be sneaking past the frontline and taking out some of the more deadly opponents, striking from the shadows. ...To join it is required that you are max level (or are leveling towards it) as we will be roleplaying all over Azeroth and especially the Broken Isles. Other than that, as long as your character is part of the Alliance they are eligible to join - unfortunately Death Knights are currently not welcomed! There is no uniform, although we personally recommend having a tabard to represent your race or the Alliance as a whole - but it is not necessary. RECRUITMENT CONTACTS: • Lotheridan • Actuator (BTAG: Thallo#2896) • Lukë • Sawblaster If you wish to join the guild, you need only approach one of our contacts by a whisper who will ask you a few questions to make sure you actually know what you’re getting into. You will be then asked to complete a dossier of your character following this template: Name: Race: Age: Occupation: Information: Example: ...Lotheridan400 1d
1d <Dwarf Military RP> Thandol's Advance - an update Battleforge, at that moment still a Sergeant of the Ironforge Army, falls with his heavy body into a wooden chair, making the furniture shake under his weight. Bronzebeard veteran hides deeply brown orbs behind the eyelids, taking a long breath. He takes a hold on a ceramic pitcher, filling a pint. Because of a mind full of thoughts, Kulgram does not even notice that ale started to spill onto the table a few moments ago. He brings the mug up his lips, wetting his lush black beard. Only when alcohol finally found its way to the throat, he opens the letter, begining to read its contents silently. Dear nephew, I am writing to you in these difficult for all of us times, with hope that my decision about which I'm going to inform you in this letter will prove to be good. Throughout my life I was fighting for the good of Ironforge and the whole of Khaz Modan. I defended our lands from invaders, shed blood on behalf of our ancestors. It's time for a change. I'm getting old. It is inevitable that soon my body will have to rest and my soul will join with the Titans. This means that my order, my company, will become leaderles. I watched your actions in the ranks of the dwarven army, faithfully serving the Great Forge and her children, and that's why I'm going togive you the leadership of the Thandol's Advance. Fear not, my lad. That I'm sure this decision is right and you'll yet make us all proud. Search for more of our Kinsmen with smilar fire in their hearts. No matter what clan they hail from, unite them under one standard, fight for Khaz Modan. Fight for our children, for the future of all of us and defend this bridge at all cost. Yours faithfully, General Bomgnar Stonefist From the beginning shocked Kulgram slowly stands up, stepping onto the stone balcony overlooking the Great Forge, instantly finding his own kind of peace from the sound of hammers hitting against the anvil. His thick skull seems to be filled with countless thoughts, pondering about the the decision his uncle has come to. The dwarven warrior nods to himself as he puts on his military outfit, begining to work on what has to be done.Kulgram15 1d