Flying Mounts will work as Ground Mounts in WoD?

General
According to WoW's lead game designer Cory Stockton, flying mounts will now take the form of ground mounts in Warlords of Draenor! Notable example being Battlegrounds...

Here's my question: Will Druids be able to use their Swift Flight Form as a ground mount? Instant cast and all? Presuming we're out of combat of course, but still we'd be more annoying than ever! It'd be great! <For us of course> Do we have any information on this, I'm eger to know. ^.^

*Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else, but I've yet to see it in the EU forums?*
Doubt it, the swift flight form is no mount.
18/03/2014 08:56Posted by Zauru
Doubt it, the swift flight form is no mount.

It works as a flying mount in WoW. Flying mounts will work as ground mounts in WoD. Therefore, logic dictates it work in Battlegrounds.

However, it's good to hear that your only beaf with the idea is that turning into a bird isn't the same as mounting a bird. But that ship sailed a long time ago.
He said there'd be some exceptions. Druid flight form would make perfect sense to not be included on the list of mounts that can be used. It has no walking animation.

I think it's a ridiculous idea, anyway. Some flying mounts are far too big and bulky for small battlegrounds like WSG.
18/03/2014 09:20Posted by Relikk
It has no walking animation.

Neither does Al'ar, but that's going in.

I think it's a ridiculous idea, anyway. Some flying mounts are far too big and bulky for small battlegrounds like WSG.

You mean like the Grand War Mammoth?

A few mounts don't have a 'walking' animation yet quite a few of them are already usable for the ground.

All of the phoenixes (CM's, Al'ar, Dark)
Bat store mount
Golden store mount
All Cloud Serpents
Engi Copters
Tailor Carpets
Jade/Pandaren Kites
Mimiron's Head
Dragonhawks
Red Flying Cloud
RaF/Valentine/TCG Rockets

I probably missed some but tbh the only ones I wouldn't be surprised that are excluded are the Cloud Serpents and the Kites because they're so big.
It would be really nice to get a blue post on this, since I don't have Twitter. #that'snotanumber
You don't need to have a twitter account to read the feeds there.
18/03/2014 08:49Posted by Lunar
Here's my question: Will Druids be able to use their Swift Flight Form as a ground mount? Instant cast and all?

Wouldn't that be a considerable buff in PvP environments, if druids literally got 'instant mounts'?
(I know they already have instant flight form, but at least it's only usable outdoors).
Also, I think it sort of devalues the current Travel Form. So I would hope that wouldn't happen...
18/03/2014 16:22Posted by Keg
You don't need to have a twitter account to read the feeds there.

You do need one to ask people questions though.

18/03/2014 16:41Posted by Rayzan
I think it sort of devalues the current Travel Form.

It would be a speed improvement to travel form, but travel form would still be able to be used in combat. It'd still have its uses.
18/03/2014 09:31Posted by Lunar

Neither does Al'ar, but that's going in.

It shouldn't, IMO.

18/03/2014 09:31Posted by Lunar

You mean like the Grand War Mammoth?

Any normal ground mount is fine as they were designed that way but, I was thinking more along the lines of the Heart of the Aspects mount. It looks rubbish on the ground and is far too big, especially when a Tauren is riding it.

Whiners win the day yet again. Why can't I do this and why can't I do that. Flying mounts have no place in battlegrounds.
Will Druids be able to use their Swift Flight Form as a ground mount? Instant cast and all?
Simple no.
18/03/2014 18:55Posted by Relikk
Whiners win the day yet again. Why can't I do this and why can't I do that. Flying mounts have no place in battlegrounds.

It wasn't necessarily caused by whiners, it's a step to remove flying from the game. One of the problems with doing that before was figuring out what will happen to flying mounts. This is their solution.
18/03/2014 19:16Posted by Tariro
Will Druids be able to use their Swift Flight Form as a ground mount? Instant cast and all?
Simple no.

So I guess you work at Blizzard then, huh?
people complain that flying ruins the feeling of the world
we did this last week and the whole idea is still silly / daft and only there to support the shop
I don't think it's going to work in BG's. This is because it would be frustrating to play against. Night elves for example could just shadowmeld and mount up instantly.
But we never know :) I dont see it ever being enabled in rated play though.
18/03/2014 19:24Posted by Lunar
So I guess you work at Blizzard then, huh?
Never said i did. It's just that the ide that will never happen.
18/03/2014 19:41Posted by Mïto
Night elves for example could just shadowmeld and mount up instantly.

Damn it Mïto, you ruined my evil plan! ;)
Will Druids be able to use their Swift Flight Form as a ground mount?
Hi lunar,

While I personally think that it would be funny to see some tiny little birds going all Speedy Gonzales in the Battlegrounds, it would still look super weird and disconnected from the rest of the mounts. Also, the instant cast would make it unfair to other classes in certain situations.
While this might seem a bit unfair to Druids, I think most will understand why the answer to this question is “no”.