Let epics be epics

General
If they went back to different models for the different difficulties
they could avoid 60% of people complaining about lfr, normal, myth being the same gear.
They should just make all gear brown, except for the OPs, which would be a sparkling, snowy white.
10/04/2014 13:06Posted by Brakh
it's deeper than that

people who played Classic understand :D

Check my fos's, i played back then. Gear was a means to an end, i didn't really care what the next person wearing due to the fact i was playing my own game and my fun was in no way impacted by some guys purples.

If i saw a guy afking in org, well pretending too, i always thought to myself "Why is he wasting his time afking in a city, why not just log out or go do something" It always seemed a massive waste of time, fishing for admiration off strangers on the internet.
10/04/2014 14:18Posted by Eggling
it's deeper than that

Check my fos's, i played back then. Gear was a means to an end, i didn't really care what the next person wearing due to the fact i was playing my own game and my fun was in no way impacted by some guys purples.

If i saw a guy afking in org, well pretending too, i always thought to myself "Why is he wasting his time afking in a city, why not just log out or go do something" It always seemed a massive waste of time, fishing for admiration off strangers on the internet.

But Eggling, look at my Achievements! :(
Look at my fancy title!
Pleeeeeeease!

/use Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
it's deeper than thatpeople who played Classic understand :D

Not really

epic is just a name /colour doesnt bother me if people going to cry over pixels.and i agree epics havent been epic since early tbc .just adapt or leave :)
Let it epic, let it epic....
The color never bothered me anyway...
10/04/2014 11:40Posted by Eggling
a flashing arrow indicating he is wearing top end gear

I suppose that's one way to satisfy the moaners :p
You are forgetting that back in the day, bosses dropped 2 epic items for 40 people, not 6 for 25 + bonus rolls.
I don't see the harm, although I don't really see the point either.

Getting my pvp epics at level 40 in vanilla is just about as hard as going to timeless isle and killing some dragons for epics...
10/04/2014 14:18Posted by Eggling
it's deeper than that

QFT.
Couldn't really care less. If it has more stats I'll take it because it helps me kill raid bosses more efficiently.
10/04/2014 11:25Posted by Alarwen
Slight difference in chest and legs is hardly noticeable... I play as far zoomed out as I can be, so I won't notice a recolour of someone's chest or weapon...

But yet you able to see the rarerity color of their gear? impressive.
i don't agree with the OP. despite "epic" quality gear being more available and easier to acquire, the end game provides different sets of epic gear and you normally have 1 set that's the most prestigious to get because it has better stats than other epic sets with lower stats.

so, even if you had the lower set with lower stats, it isn't like that's the best gear in the game for you to acquire. there's another set that's better, even if it's still in the epic category.

in pvp you can get 1 set of epics with honor, but it's less in stats for the set you get with conquest points, and you have to compete in the highest level of pvp to acquire those gear sets, especially when it comes to wanting the weapons.

i assume the same can be said for PVE. dungeons give you 1 set, but raiding gives you a better set, and so on.

don't forget, there's legendary gear that you could hunt for, but with the way the rolling and looting system works, i bet anytime a legendary item drops in a raid, the raid leader will just ninja it and log off anyway.
10/04/2014 10:54Posted by Protodwarf
1. If you see blues you would pretty sure not get impressed, blues are the easy ones.

blues are more rare than epics these days...