12 Tips For Hexos (Brawlers Guild)

General
I searched the internet and hardly found any useful tips as to how to defeat Hexos. The first Rank 8 Brawlers Guild boss is considered one of the hardest Brawlers bosses in game.

I just defeated him, took me roughly 20 goes. He's hard! So here's some tips;

TIP 1: Options > Interface > Floating Combat Text. TURN IT ALL OFF!
Very important. It helps you see where Hexos actually is without loads of damage flying up your screen.

TIP 2: Turn of any unnecessary AddOns that clog up your screen.

TIP 3: Put your camera into a birds eye view so you're looking down on your character, and zoom out as much as you can.

TIP 4: Remember that your controlling Hexos, it's not about you squeezing through the laser gaps, it's about Hexos getting through them, and he's a few feet infront of you, so just take that into account.

TIP 5: Keybind. I couldn't imagine winning this fight as a clicker. Not saying it can't be done, but it'll make it ten times harder I'm sure.

TIP 6: Concentrate more on the laser's rather than your damage. If your an experienced key-binder you should press your keys without even thinking about it.

TIP 7: If your still getting no-where, forget damaging him; just practice solely on getting him through the lasers, once you've mastered that, then worry about your damage the next time round. I wasn't lasting 3 seconds at first, but then I did this and lasted a lot longer.

TIP 8: Have patience. Theirs no point getting frustrated with this boss. It's a good sense of achievement once you kill him.

TIP 9: Buy a flask for the extra DPS. Some food buffs wouldn't go a miss either.

TIP 10: Ask other Brawlers around you for their buffs before you enter the fight.

TIP 11: Have enough epics, be fully gemmed and enchanted. You need to have a decent ilvl to not worry about getting Hexos down within the 2 minute enrage timer. I'd say you need a consistent 100k DPS.

TIP 12: Visit at a time when it's quiet. Hexos is most probably going to take you a lot of tries, and you don't want to be waiting in 7-8 man ques when your practicing.
TIP 7: I wasn't lasting 3 seconds at first, but then I did this and lasted a lot longer.

That's what she said?
08/04/2014 21:57Posted by Xistenz
TIP 7: I wasn't lasting 3 seconds at first, but then I did this and lasted a lot longer.

That's what she said?

Lmao
08/04/2014 21:39Posted by Dentchi
TIP 4: Remember that your controlling Hexos, it's not about you squeezing through the laser gaps, it's about Hexos getting through them, and he's a few feet infront of you, so just take that into account.

My experience (and many others) is that this is utterly wrong and it's about where YOU are facing. Don't pay attention to him at all, only your character.

There is certainly a lot of differing opinions on this boss....

08/04/2014 21:39Posted by Dentchi
TIP 12: Visit at a time when it's quiet. Hexos is most probably going to take you a lot of tries, and you don't want to be waiting in 7-8 man ques when your practicing.

is good advice though.
08/04/2014 22:04Posted by Adurna
it's about where YOU are facing

So much this.
08/04/2014 22:04Posted by Adurna
it's about where YOU are facing.

Just would like to add, literally just did him today on my feral, it's more about where the back of Hexos is than where you're facing. While I was spinning him around my character started to "face" him sideways (making it very hard to dps him), so keep in mind your character may not always be facing the same way as hexos. Just stare at his backside (from the top view obviously) and you'll be fine.

I don't know if this whole character no longer facing him is a melee only issue, but it's bloody annoying.
Hey guys,

This is an old topic, but this is the one I found when searching for Hexos tips !

I spend 2 hours dying instantly (ok maybe around 6 secs !) on Hexos this morning.
After reading some posts here, I tried to stop looking at Hexos (I thought i had to put him between lasers)
So I tried to move my character between laser: I killed him on my first try with 0 tick of damage...

TIPS: DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT HEXOS! REALLY! JUST WATCH YOU CHARACTER AND WHERE HE (OR SHE) IS FACING ! IT'S LIKE YOU WANT YOUR NOSE TO NOT TOUCH LASERS !!!
=)
You can also grab Last Deck of Nemelex Xobeh from the darkmoon faire and queue up when you get a nice buff, works for all brawler's guild bosses. Bit hard if the place isn't deserted though.
Back in MoP, a friend of mine (mage) went up to Hexos, blinked at the start of the battle and he was out of reach of the the lasers, while Hexos just stayed in the middle of the arena doing nothing, and he killed it.

I still hate him today.