Male Blood Elf Standing Pose.... /facepalm

General
Who thought this was a good idea? The standing pose of the Male Blood Elf looks so damn uncomfortable. I hope when they remodel the Male Blood Elf, his back will be straight.
Straight ?

It is one of the most straight backs of any Horde men.
How else would a hairdresser stand?
Their pose is that way because that shows their "superiority" and their "narcissism".
12/04/2014 00:43Posted by Archronos
Their pose is that way because that shows their "superiority" and their "narcissism".

... It looks like they have dislocated their right shoulder.
No, I sincerely doubt they'll exchange their pose a different one entirely.

What they probably -will- do however, is try and tweak the animations and their textures so that, with and without armour, they won't look as skewed.

Or they might lessen the twisting of the torso overall to lessen its severity. I can easily imagine that dislocated arm being pulled up a bit... They've made similar changes to the arms of female orcs, who pulled back quite a bit too far, all the while staying faithful to the original pose.

Beyond that I think a rather similar standing animation will be in place in the new models.

Why people keep making threads for the exact type of differences that they've said they'd avoid from the start is beyond me.

The types of changes you can expect would be polish, or additional details, but I doubt they'll remove or exchange distinquishable things about the models that have been in place since their debut...

I want Night Elf males without upside-down thighs, and others keep wanting trolls buffed up to Forest troll builds or swapped with Zandalari models altogether, and neither me nor those people should be getting their way...
I don't think it's that bad.

I mean, it's no hunchback which is absolutely ridicolous, but you know. As someone already pointed out, it shows that they are superior to, well, people who doubt that they are.
Blood elf male and "straight" in the same sentence? Huh...
12/04/2014 00:43Posted by Archronos

It's possible to do that with just the facial expression. It's also possible to show this without having to make their left leg longer than the right leg, dislocating the shoulder, giving them an uncomfortable looking kink in the neck as well as giving them chronic spine problems. The guards in Silvermoon don't adopt the same pose but they still give off the appearance of someone with high stature and superiority issues. The reason I don't play nor don't like them (as playable characters) is because of the standing pose.
It is quite horrible indeed, and one of the main reasons I changed back to undead after being belf for just 3 days... *throws money at Blizz*. I can see what they were aiming for with the pose, but it's just... broken in many ways. Their stance also makes most shoulder pieces look awful/wrong.

Other than the pose and few minor annoyances, belf guys look great!
12/04/2014 07:47Posted by Kris
It's also possible to show this without having to make their left leg longer than the right leg

If that were true it woul've been visible in other animations, which clearly it is not... I suspect that they'll tweak the pose to make it less contorted. It's flaws like that which they'll try to find ways to remove or lessen in the newer models. Male dwarves dislocate their shoulder quite jarringly whenever they wield a two-handed weapon, which left a big, blocky hole in their back. Orc females have their arms pulled a bit too far back. Both those things were addressed in their respective touch-ups.

The model revamps aren't being done to appease those that wouldn't play the original model. They're trying to be faithful to the "soul" of the original model, or enhancing certain features to make it come across more.
they're always posing for possible paparazzi's taking their pictures, let them be.