Batteltag visible on forums?

General
Looking through the forums I see a few others.
It's Diablo 3 forums. Did some more detective work and it was fairly easy to find people who have posted on both forums. Evil Cogshanks...
I'd just genuinely wish for it to be a new feature, but since it isn't I guess my dreams just fell apart.

I'm also curious if it's going to lead to Cogshanks being forbidden or similar? I mean, it should count as a violation of privacy, no?
12/04/2014 16:38Posted by Eggling
I was wondering this also, i kept seeing only shammoz's btag under her name but now there seems to be loads. I couldn't find an answer anyway.

i kept seeing only shammoz's btag under her name

under her name

her name

her

http://castlezzt.net/~mskite/building7big.gif

The world collapses... i thought he was a man O_O

Btw Rexezy, it's Cogshank related, and personally i have seen only a few people's Btag, one example is Shammoz, to you i only see your character Rexezy not anything else. Check here: http://cogshanks.org/faq.html#why

You might find something.
to you i only see your character Rexezy not anyone else.

That I'm aware of, I hid my alts long ago on purpose :)
12/04/2014 16:45Posted by Rexezy
I have Cogshank

So do I, but I can't see your BattleTag for example. I was under the impression I would see people's tags who use Cogshanks too.
I show my alts, on purpose.
Blizzard gives away your - account ID - in the source of the pages. My guess is that if the other forums show your battletag then they can link that ID with your WoW characters. As far as Blizzard is concerned privacy is only for the guy that threated to kill you in game.
Ah great i complety hate cogshanks now, i keep my battletag hidden from everyone at purpose same as in d3 nobody knows (even fellow wow players) who my chars are...
12/04/2014 17:57Posted by Caralys
I was under the impression I would see people's tags who use Cogshanks too.

Would have loved that tbh.

12/04/2014 17:59Posted by Zazkya
I show my alts, on purpose.

Sometimes I've wanted to do that. Then I remember my ooooold mains and the posts I made and just "no thanks".

12/04/2014 18:00Posted by Someoneelse
As far as Blizzard is concerned privacy is only for the guy that threated to kill you in game.

This sounds like a story I'd have loved to hear.

12/04/2014 18:01Posted by Lightgoddess
Ah great i complety hate cogshanks now,

Can't see your btag tho.
Ah great i complety hate cogshanks now, i keep my battletag hidden from everyone at purpose same as in d3 nobody knows (even fellow wow players) who my chars are...

Yours isn't even showing, you know.

You can hide everything so that only Lightgoddess appears, no alts, no btag.

Your btag right now it doesn't show, but i can see your alts, i don't know if i see all of your alts. Cogshank tracks and shows only the ones which you have posted on the forums.
12/04/2014 17:54Posted by Rexezy
I'm also curious if it's going to lead to Cogshanks being forbidden or similar? I mean, it should count as a violation of privacy, no?

Nah, people are openly posting with their btag on Diablo 3 forums so it's out there for all to get. I do think it's a bit... questionable of Cogshanks to show it in WoW forums though. I know, I know, no one really gives a s*it what my btag is and it's not like someone's going to murder me through my btag or anything, but I just like my privacy.
Now you mention it, eoilleen said shammozs was to do with the diablo forums, so yeah that make sense. Not that you can do much with it as Rhaendal said, you've probably got more chance of being abused with just a right click ingame, where they can add you by btag.
I'm glad I don't have a battle tag then.
I know that Diablo forums show battletag if you post there on a WoW character.
12/04/2014 17:55Posted by Archronos
The world collapses... i thought he was a man O_O
Shammoz is a man :P

An ooold man! Rumours have it he's been around since the dinosaur era, but no one knows for sure...
12/04/2014 20:07Posted by Celiby
Shammoz is a man :P

An ooold man! Rumours have it he's been around since the dinosaur era, but no one knows for sure...

Hehe, if i remember correct i saw him say that he is 40 or maybe 46? I'll take the first one :P
12/04/2014 20:42Posted by Archronos
if i remember correct i saw him say that he is 40 or maybe 46?

Did he say those were years ?
12/04/2014 22:33Posted by Zazkya
Did he say those were years ?

LOL