Story Forum "Guidelines" and Suggestions

Story
We've adapted the description of this forum to include Fan Fiction, and we encourage you to share your stories here! This rest of this post is taken from Nethaera's thread on the US forums:

I know more than a few people have been asking if there are guidelines to posting in these forums. The answer is yes and no both. Confusing, I know, but you'll understand once I explain.

First, if you are sharing a story here, it should be fictional and set in the Warcraft universe. Can you break canon? Yes. It's your story. Just please try not to go too far afield. Your audience will appreciate some semblance of familiarity.

Next, you've asked about just how far language, sexual themes, or violent themes can go, so I'll explain here. Keep in mind, the forum Code of Conduct still applies. Also, keep in mind the rating (T for Teen) as well. When you want a good example story, please take a look at Blizzard's own for World of Warcraft. That should give you a good comparison for your own tales. Use your best judgement. If you ask yourself, "Is this too far?", it just might be and you might want to consider doing another editing pass. While not everyone may agree on taste, try to keep it as tasteful as possible.

If you're sharing a story, it may be a good idea to put "complete" at the bottom of your story if it takes more than one post to tell it. We know there are restrictions on the forums that may hinder you a bit, but this may give you the room to post without someone jumping in before you're done and so that the reader knows they are reading a "finished" (we all know no story is ever really finished) piece of work.

Authors may also want to express at the bottom of their completed tale if they are open to constructive feedback. Some may not want feedback other than to hear if someone enjoyed it and some may be looking for others to help them hone their skills. The best way to solicit either is to make it clear what you would like. "Constructive feedback welcome."

If you are a reader, please be considerate. If you didn't like a story or liked it, then sharing constructive feedback is fine. But, please make sure you do it in a way that isn't insulting to the author if the author has asked for or made it clear they are open to feedback.

Most importantly, we all know that these types of efforts are very personal to the author. I'd like to ask authors not to take feedback too personally and likewise for those that give constructive feedback. Please don't make it personal. Personal attacks are definitely not OK here.

This is largely 'your' forum to make of what you like in the end. While we have the power to moderate and help mold, the shape of it all is largely up to you and what you make of it as a community.

*I've left this thread open on purpose so that any additional etiquette discussions or questions could be kept here. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.
So do we post it on this topic or do we open up one?
You post it on this topic, they wrote "here". So bye bye Gorvar's fan faction threads! When Blizz takes the time to create a thread, they sure as hell want it to be fully spammed with countless of meaninglessnessss....zzzZzz....
27/12/2014 22:38Posted by Sylaz
You post it on this topic, they wrote "here". So bye bye Gorvar's fan faction threads! When Blizz takes the time to create a thread, they sure as hell want it to be fully spammed with countless of meaninglessnessss....zzzZzz....
You do see when he posted that? xD
dem sticky invade :D
Well i have a question is it only about my wow's char or could I create my own storyline that contunies the lore of the Warlords of Draenor like....my own prediction of the storyline of Patch 6.2 ??? Any help please :) cause I could have quite good stories to share if so :)...in both cases.
You can make up own stories about any character in the WoW universe
Yes. You can make up your own stories about any character in the WoW universe.
Hi,

I was a bit curious to if there have been made an official timeline or "book-line" so to speak for the entire warcraft lore?
17/04/2014 12:40Posted by Takralus
*I've left this thread open on purpose so that any additional etiquette discussions or questions could be kept here. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Where can we request a forum purge? I think it's time for one.