[A/RP] The Lyrebird Association

Argent Dawn
Have you ever heard a Lyrebird’s song? It mimics every sound it hears, from the howls and wails of mother nature to the clashing steel of men, the Lyrebird remains hidden by becoming an echo of the society it sits in.

The Lyrebird Association is a new guild with two key goals:

1) Our public goal: To encourage the sharing of ideas and opinions throughout the Kingdom of Stormwind, creating a more educated and innovative society.
2) And our less publicised goal: To create a forum for society’s most influential people to network and create business together.

And how will The Lyrebird Association fulfil these goal? Well, with the following events:

The Speaker’s Quarter
This weekly gathering is an open forum for sharing or gathering support for ideas or causes. Members of the public will gather at the southern entrance to the Dwarven District to share their ideas, inventions or plans for progress, with the hope of gathering the support of the crowd!

Anyone can take part, so long as they do so within a certain timeframe, so no matter which guild you do or do not belong to, you can come along and have your say!

Public Debates
A more formal and competitive version of The Speaker’s Quarter, teams of two will debate over pre-arranged controversial motion. Each debate will have a public question and answer period where members of the public can challenge some of the points which have been made, or can offer alternative perspectives. At the end of each debate the audience will be invited to vote for a winner. This could also be an excellent way to advertise your guild, by speaking at a debate.

Some potential motions could be:
    “This House believes that all magic corrupts, and should be outlawed.”
    “This House would abandon Lordaeron once and for all.”
    “This House believes that the aristocracy is redundant.”

The Lyrebird Lodge
The Lodge represents the more secluded side of The Lyrebird Association. Prominent members of society are exclusively invited to evenings at the Lyrebird Lodge to network, aiming to create a more cohesive and collaborative society at the top level, or so they say. But what do they really get up to? Well…we couldn’t possibly tell you that.

Lyrebird Holdings Ltd
The shady business arm of The Lyrebird Association – controlled by a group of anonymous shareholders, Lyrebird Holdings Ltd operates to keep the Kingdom’s wealth in the hands of those who deserve it – who are these deserving people you may ask? Well, we can’t tell you that either…

However, we believe that Lyrebird Holdings Ltd can open a diverse range of RP opportunities, including our “Hotspot” concept. Hotspots are essentially “village hours” linked to the business arm of the guild. For example, our first event will be Hotspot: Mage District where we hope to put you cathedral square dwellers in a slightly different setting! The guild will take over the Blue Recluse for an evening in order to turn a profit and add to our coffers – but we’ll be offering an evening of entertainment for your money.

We plan to expand this concept, perhaps buying our own ship to travel from port to port running trade and cultural events all across Azeroth!

And that’s what we’ve got planned! If you have any questions or feedback then we’re happy to hear it!

We’re also recruiting for the following positions:

Lodge Guards
As the protectors of the Lyrebird Association, Lodge Guards are tasked with defending members of the Association and its property, and keeping order at public events such as The Speaker’s Quarter.

Custodians
Custodians are the facilitators of the Lyrebird Association and have a diverse role to play. On one day you could be helping to run a Public Debate by getting people to show up or delivering private messages to members of the Lyrebird Lodge, and on another you could be managing one of the Association’s businesses – be that a bar, a shop or an entire trade fleet!

To find out more about these roles and to apply, contact our chairman, Lord Luciase Cromwell or our secretary, Lord Amonothen Aneatros via mail.
So, like a Secret Society?
How intriguing. It almost reminds me of a guild that ran for a short time last year whom held gatherings for the citizens to raise concerns and issues, as well as put forward suggestions to improve the welfare of the city. Of course, you seem to have far more going on behind closed doors ;)

I may be interested in joining, but right now I'm only looking around for interesting guilds that my character will fit into. I'll certainly consider this one!
Bump
This thread deserves more attention, great people and a great idea. +1 from me.
I always did say Argent Dawn needs more (IC) conspiracy plots...

I hope to be keeping an eye on this!
We had our first hotspot event last night in the Blue Recluse, it was well attended and we hope everyone who came along enjoyed it!

Keep an eye out for our next hours event, Hotspot: Fuselight, and our upcoming Speaker's Quarter event! Message Luciase if you're interested in speaking as I'll be off on holiday!
If anyone is interested, there's going to be a nice little evening of wine tasting, and friendly gambling, at the Shady Lady.

Black tie dresscode.
Really enjoying my stay in this guild. Nice events and nice members.
Bump.
You guys sure like to change concept often. Weren't you city guards 2 weeks ago, then Night Watch members, and now some secret noble society :p?
18/02/2015 00:23Posted by Zenobiah
(wow -9 either the lyrebirds are really hated or they are really annoyed we bumped in to there rp.)

i don't like them and even i know this is their old thread.
18/02/2015 16:29Posted by Juolang
You guys sure like to change concept often. Weren't you city guards 2 weeks ago, then Night Watch members, and now some secret noble society :p?

If you're referring to this thread, it was made in June last year...
They're still pretty much "guards" aren't they?
18/02/2015 16:29Posted by Juolang

Check the date.
18/02/2015 16:43Posted by Saleisha
They're still pretty much "guards" aren't they?

Nobody knows what they are.
I think they're RPing as Night Watch members??? The Night Watch aren't guards anyhow, just a local militia sort of dealio.
sorry guys my necro-detector is broken
18/02/2015 17:01Posted by Juolang

ffs
18/02/2015 17:09Posted by Adrastoss
18/02/2015 17:01Posted by Juolang

ffs

Adra <3
18/02/2015 16:41Posted by Loris
i don't like them and even i know this is their old thread.

well it was the only one that came up when i put the guild name in the search bar.
If only Amonothen was still around...