1000 battle pets isn't nearly enough, why a limit?

General
As an avid pet battler and collector, I just reached a point I didn't know existed: Your journal is full, you can't have any more battle pets (1000 pets).

It feels like my current reason to play the game just ended, why does this limit even exist? Since we can have only three of a kind to begin with, there's already an upper limit (that also displeases me I might add, I'd love to collect all breeds of a certain pet).

Either have a limit per pet you can collect, or have a limit on the total amount of pets you can collect - so someone that is insane for rabbits can create a rabbit army if they so please.

Having both is inordinate.

I urgently petition for a *swift* remedy to this evil...
You really do not need more than 1 of each pet.
28/06/2014 17:02Posted by Westyy

Some pets have different colour schemes. ;)
28/06/2014 17:10Posted by Polysprocket
Some pets have different colour schemes. ;)

And breeds.
probably server limitations or somesuch excuse...

That said though, I wish they'd make it easier and more practical to browse through all those pets.
Sure you can type the name and/or toggle types but the results aren't always that good... I mean when I look for Moon Moon and I type "Moon" I still see a bunch of other pets that don't even have moon in their name and still have to scroll down to find the pet.
wow, I didnt know you could even get up to 1000!
TBF though that is way too many pets to look after, you sound like a hoarder....

get help immeadietley!
I am just a casual pet collector and the most I have is 404 pets, so the fact he is an avid collecter, yea I can see that he has 1000 pets.

I dont think I will reach 1000, but I still have to agree that having a limit is a questionable thing. What is the point of doing that...it makes no sense.

And with WoD, I imagine more battle pets will become available, so yea hopefully they remove the restriction.
28/06/2014 17:58Posted by Zsolt
I dont think I will reach 1000, but I still have to agree that having a limit is a questionable thing. What is the point of doing that...it makes no sense.

I imagine they have a certain amount of space allotted per character, or even per account. That way they have a rough idea of how much a certain "thing" in the character can reach, to avoid problems. From a programming point of view it does make sense. The limit used to be 600 or 650, too, they increased it at some point, so it's always possible they'll increase it further in WoD.
You don't need 3/3 of each pet. I've collected most pets in the game and I have over 300 spaces left. Stop hoarding and release some of the ones you don't need.
28/06/2014 18:13Posted by Purple
You don't need 3/3 of each pet. I've collected most pets in the game and I have over 300 spaces left. Stop hoarding and release some of the ones you don't need.

tbf you dont NEED any of them, but if some have different colourings etc then collectors will feel they need one of each.
maybe you should try pokemon instead
28/06/2014 19:05Posted by Lexibellexo

1000 will seem like a small number once you start IV breeding...
28/06/2014 17:02Posted by Westyy

I enjoy going into PvP with thee Death Adders, or three Whelps of one kind, that kind of silly stuff. Plus there are many situation in which you want a (example) speedy Death Adder, where as in others you want a guardian type.

Having multiples may or may not be desirable for all collectors, but for us that do battling as well: it's a big part of the fun!

Also Foxierowan mentioned this below: Pets come in different colors and even different sizes!! Many collectors want more than three of one kind for this very reason!

28/06/2014 19:05Posted by Lexibellexo

I am playing Pokemon! And what Hairira said: breeding is around the corner, so having multiples is a must!
28/06/2014 18:26Posted by Foxierowan
28/06/2014 18:13Posted by Purple

tbf you dont NEED any of them, but if some have different colourings etc then collectors will feel they need one of each.

And we simply like to play our game! (Sizes are by the way very obvious in pets like the Wildhammer Gryphon, comes in three sizes, one of which is quite massive)
Just get rid of any common level pets that you have more than one of. Most of them have different names when they have different colours.
29/06/2014 16:34Posted by Dottie
Just get rid of any common level pets that you have more than one of. Most of them have different names when they have different colours.

That kind of beats the point of collecting them! I treasure each and every one of my battle pets! Although I do admit I do not battle with them all, but I'm a battler/collector.
All I can say Sibel is that you have very nearly caught them all.... Well done, I actually like pet battles but I have been slacking with them...
30/06/2014 16:45Posted by Senstara
All I can say Sibel is that you have very nearly caught them all.... Well done, I actually like pet battles but I have been slacking with them...

I wouldn't say that, I'm at about 1100 pets now, and still have many more to hunt.

It makes me wonder what journal limits will be set for the next expansion, hopefully something less restrictive.
anyone here for a pokeyman battul ex or wy?
Question. What the hell is so fun about collecting battle pets? Also what do you do with them once you've caught them? You can only use 3 pets for battles and even if you have several teams i'm pretty sure you still don't use all of them. Seems like a waste to have more then needed to me.