server shutdown "09/09/2014"

Technical Support
WTF jesus christ WHY WHY WHY. I personally think you are spying on me everytime I get time off work use "INSERT BAD WORD HERE" seem to ruin it for me.

now as far as I am aware there was only connected realm things happening.
What?
It's 10.9.2014 atm
you using internet explorer v1.0?

ps: jk :p
Just before 10.9.2014 they shut down all realms.. as it seems.

There was a live message telling us 15mins before shutdown.
Personally I logged out to log in screen to see if a message had been put prior and none had.
Trying to log back in after 10 mins and a message suddenly appeared on log in screen saying maintenance until 13:00.

My day off work too :'(
Seems Scheduled is for Blizzard, not for those who pay their bills.
Blizzard has such a hard time with the days of the week. Like you almost got it right this time, twice!

http://i.imgur.com/W27xKTy.jpg
10/09/2014 00:16Posted by Shalesia
Blizzard has such a hard time with the days of the week. Like you almost got it right this time, twice!

Those both look fine to me.. you do know how timezones work, right?
Destiny was released today. Bliz wants to play so they shut down every game.

Thanks bliz
when we can log the game?
That's the reason why I'm here.

Not only do we have to put up with these damned EXTENDED maintenance but now we get a notice about it 5 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE BLOODY - yet another - EXTENDED MAINTENANCE!
You have done this before and each time I've damned you to hell, - there is NO EXCUSE!! SHOW SAME RESPECT AND NOTICE TO US ON THE DAMNED WoW CLIENT JUST AS YOU SHOW THE FORUMS or find a capable person!

Shove your damned expansion and you extended maintenance. I hope you lose a profit each time you fail to update us ingame.
10/09/2014 00:20Posted by Varonia
10/09/2014 00:16Posted by Shalesia

Those both look fine to me.. you do know how timezones work, right?

They don't. Even when setting language to UK it says thursday on the pop-up. So I'm not sure where on the planet I'd have to be so that the maintenance is on a thursday from 01:00am til 1pm, but it's definitely nowhere in Europe.
Does anyone else have a b0ner
10/09/2014 00:24Posted by Spiritbeast
That's the reason why I'm here.

Not only do we have to put up with these damned EXTENDED maintenance but now we get a notice about it 5 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE BLOODY - yet another - EXTENDED MAINTENANCE!
You have done this before and each time I've damned you to hell, - there is NO EXCUSE!! SHOW SAME RESPECT AND NOTICE TO US ON THE DAMNED WoW CLIENT JUST AS YOU SHOW THE FORUMS or find a capable person!

Shove your damned expansion and you extended maintenance. I hope you lose a profit each time you fail to update us ingame.

. .. .. ..............................._________...
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,...................
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,............
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,........
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..;,.....
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}....
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._.S;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\.......................
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\.......................
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..
Pipe down will you, there is obviously a reason for it.

Also, I know i'm going out on a limb already with my above comment but i'm going to do it once more;

I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it to deliberately spite you... groundbreaking right?

Everyone knows there is a chance of servers going down on a Wednesday, you've known this for years, why does this surprise you? To have taken everything offline, which they wouldn't do lightly, there must be either issues or a patch, either way you'll be back to punting gnomes in no time.
10/09/2014 00:28Posted by Shalesia
They don't. Even when setting language to UK it says thursday on the pop-up. So I'm not sure where on the planet I'd have to be so that the maintenance is on a thursday from 01:00am til 1pm, but it's definitely nowhere in Europe.

It's a typo, there's several typos in that info-message :)

They patch on Tuesdays in the US, so, yeh :)
!@#$, I wasn't aware it would shut down at 1 AM, always thought they did this %^-* at 3 am :( Still had 300 vp to go and was going to farm it, now I have to wait another week for my legendary cloak. !@#$
Just thank god you aren't on Draenor, think it's been down 2 days or so... but yeah, maybe that's part of the reason why we're all down, fixing a wider issue now before we all end up with massive downtime :)
Might it be a fix for the players that either get...

* DC and can't log in because they get an error all the time
* Login get stuck at Succes/Realm select
* Missisng charachters on login
* Bad latency for no reason
* Realm transfer not working
* Name change not working
* Faction change not working
* Lag for no reason

Aso?

Oh and no it was no 5min notice that some of you are saying it was, it was a 15min notice on global chat and you could/can read a notice on the Battle.net app several hours before the shutdown. So they did warn us long before the shutdown. It said start from September 10, 01.00 CEST to approximately 13:00 CEST.

You can read it as you're about to log in on the app now too.
12 hour shower it is
I think peeps need to chill...yea every thing is down...i agree with Skullgrin, they are obviously dealing with something important. All the things Skull listed have been making the game frustrating as it is, but today i noticed that when i clicked ''Create All'' or tried to put a certain amount in on my proffs it instantly reverts back to making 1 of the item selected...on all my chars and proffs. That right there is a time waste and a half if your making alot of things sitting there clicking for every time you want to make something.

Dont get me wrong having all servers down is a &@*$£ but its not the end of the world :)