Total RolePlay 3 bug reports and feedback. (V0.2.5)

Argent Dawn
1 2 3 18 Next
TRP 3 has now entered open alpha! you can get it here:
https://forums.telkostrasz.be/thread-1009.html
or here:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/total-rp-3

We are currently in version 0.2.5.

So, download it, give it a try, and any feedback you have can either be posted here or on the TRP3 forum:
https://forums.telkostrasz.be/

FAQ:
When will the add-on be released
Full, stable release of the add-on is planned to coo-inside with the Warlords of Draenor launch (November 13, 2014) however, we will push launch forwards if we get all the features we want to implement done before then.

What about the overly long "currently" statuses from TRP2?
We have implemented a character limit comparable to MRP in TRP3, preventing this from re-occuring.

Will NPC dialogues be returning?
NPC dialogues are currently supported in a rather reduced format, in the sense that prefacing any emote with a | will remove your name from it. full functionality will return in a planned Dungeon Master module soon™, although it may be released independently sooner as demand is so high.

The Like/dislike system seems open to abuse.
The likes and dislike options on the profile are personal to the person receiving them, they are not shared publicly. Only you can see how many likes and dislikes you have.

I have a bug or question that isn't answered here:
All bugs, feedback and questions can be posted here or on the TRP3 forums, Both locations are checked regularly by Ellypse, Telkostrasz and myself, so one of us will get back to you as quickly as we can.

If that isn't quick enough for you, You can check if I am on-line (99% of my online time is spent on Sælora on alliance side) and i will be happy to talk to you.

(also, for those with keen eyes you may note that both Ellypse and I have shared our battle tags at various points in this thread, and don't mind if you add us as long as we don't get spammed with lots of requests (also why I'm not copying them up here))

My bug hasn't been addressed/fixed in the latest build:
If you posted it here we assure you, we know about it, if you are worried about us not hearing about a bug, we are all available both on the characters we post on this thread and on battle.net, you will find our tags spread throughout this thread if you search hard enough.
----- Old post preserved below -----

Any of you who have seen me in game lately, may have noticed my tool-tip identify my RP add-on as TRP3. and many people have asked, and so I present to you, the (debatabley) wonderful people of the forum, the TRP3 Public alpha, beginning Sunday evening.

TRP3 has been in closed alpha since late June, and the entire TRP team has been busy at work ensuring that the add-on is simple to use, while keeping every feature as useful as possible. To that aim the entire addon has been rebuilt with community feedback from TRP2 in mind, creating a new, sleek, intuitive add-on that feels at home in the WoW UI.

The Alpha currently features full MSP support, as well as support for any expansions to the protocol in the future, a much improved currently system, with a character limit equivalent to MRP.
For those who like to have a lot of appearance information available at a glance, that is what we have implemented, a feature called "at first glance" which allows up to five obvious features of your character to be displayed when targeting your character. Superficially similar to states, "At first glance" is far easier to use, allowing users to quickly and easily present Key details about their character.
We have improved the way tool tip colours are dealt with by the add-on, removing manual colouration of fields, we have instead added two colour fields, one for class colour and one for eye colour. While eye colour is not presented on the tool-tip, class colour colours both your name and class on the tool-tip, allowing people to customize their class colour without the technocolor tool-tips sometimes seen in TRP2.

Anyway, enough of me nattering on, here is the original press release made by Telkostrasz:
https://forums.telkostrasz.be/thread-1007-post-6343.html
Hello everyone !

Ellypse and I decided to publicly release the Total RP 3 alpha. We think that its current state reflects correctly where we are heading and we want to gather feedback from you !

Important The alpha will be live on Sunday the 28th in the evening (Brussels time). Time will be precised.
Important We will release the alpha, and make a live on Twitch to introduce the addon with Ellypse and Telkos ! \o/
Important This live will be both in English (with horrible frenchy/belgian accents Wink) and French.
Important The live will be aired on Telko's Twitch channel : http://www.twitch.tv/kajisensei

Please note that this is still an alpha stage. Only the features about characters and pets customization are implemented. The goal is to bring feedback before thinking of new features (like item/quest creation ...etc).

See you on Sunday !!

and some screenshots of the interface.
http://download.telkostrasz.be/screen_100_likes.png

TLDR~
TRP3 is entering open alpha on Sunday the 28th, in the evening.

I can awnser any questions anyone has in this thread, or contact me when I'm on-line later.
Interesting! I'll have to check this out. I myself use MRP at the moment, though I do really like what TRP2 does and would use it, but I've always felt it could be streamlined a little more. I'll be checking this out.

How long is it open for?
Can't wait!
Our intent is that open alpha will stretch up to the release of WoD in November, at which point we hope for a full launch to be ready.
TRP2 was like flying a spaceship.

Will a person who appreciates the simplicity of MRP be able to enjoy TRP3 to the fullest?
26/09/2014 12:01Posted by Telaryn

Will a person who appreciates the simplicity of MRP be able to enjoy TRP3 to the fullest?

TRP3 has been heavily designed with usability in mind, feedback from testers has found the add on extremely simple to use and intuitive. in addition the help system has been redesigned based off of the pet journal's help system in default UI, although that has not yet been fully implemented for testing.
26/09/2014 12:06Posted by Sælora
26/09/2014 12:01Posted by Telaryn

TRP3 has been heavily designed with usability in mind, feedback from testers has found the add on extremely simple to use and intuitive. in addition the help system has been redesigned based off of the pet journal's help system in default UI, although that has not yet been fully implemented for testing.

Then I'll have you know that I'm looking forward to testing it!
Will TRP3 users still be able to shove their whole appearance and whatnot into what MRP users see as the "Currently" tab?
26/09/2014 09:45Posted by Sakurabana
The Alpha currently features full MSP support, as well as support for any expansions to the protocol in the future, a much improved currently system, with a character limit equivalent to MRP.
26/09/2014 12:34Posted by Sælora
26/09/2014 09:45Posted by Sakurabana

Oh, I should've probably read the post more thoroughly. I'll probably give it a try, if that's the case.
26/09/2014 12:06Posted by Sælora
TRP3 has been heavily designed with usability in mind, feedback from testers has found the add on extremely simple to use and intuitive.

Great to hear! I always liked TRP2 and it having a dedicated bar for itself was nice. I really appreciated the buttons to turn helms and cloaks on and/or off as I'm sure did everybody else. If I can think of any suggestions that are relevant I'll make sure to let you know.
Sitting with people in the guild who had the closed alpha version?
Nightmare.
I have to say I miss using TRP, such a nice addon so it's nice to hear it's being worked on again. The only reason I'm currently not using is the lag I find it comes with. I'm not entirely sure if this is my connection or an actual issue with the addon, but it takes a dreadful amount of time to load any tooltips and profiles for people 'I haven't met'. Hoping this will be addressed in the beta as I'd like to use the addon over MRP.
[heavy breathing]

i need it
I used TRP2 for a long time before I changed to MRP because TRP2 didn't work as well when you saw other players with MRP.

Having MRP seems to work better though, even when I see other people using TRP2.

The main things I disliked about TRP2 was all that other stuff which let you create your own quests, some sound system, bag/bank system I had no idea what to do with.

I really just liked the tooltip part which added a bit of fluff to your character, choosing your own pic and all.
I'll probably stick to my trusty MRP, but I love that the currently tab is fixed. Thank you sooooo much, creator of TRP3! <3
26/09/2014 13:34Posted by Korgosh
I used TRP2 for a long time before I changed to MRP because TRP2 didn't work as well when you saw other players with MRP.

Having MRP seems to work better though, even when I see other people using TRP2.

I've never found any problems viewing people with MRP. and TRP3 actually supports viewing MRP profiles better than it does TRP2, as it used the MSP to communicate with both, so you can only see the MSP fields

The main things I disliked about TRP2 was all that other stuff which let you create your own quests, some sound system, bag/bank system I had no idea what to do with.

they will only be re-implemented if there is high demand for them.

'll probably stick to my trusty MRP, but I love that the currently tab is fixed. Thank you sooooo much, creator of TRP3! <3
I suggest at least giving it a try to see if you like it.

Yeah, those were pretty useless.

This.

TRP2 tried to be an all-in-one sort of addon. Added dialects, creating GHI-esque items, there are addons already with those functions and does a hundred percent better job at it. I'd love to see TRP3 be a profile addon as is, with the added personalized flair such as pictures.