Fat Fighters?

General
Pandarens. They are overweight.

It makes no sense that they can be soldiers of the Horde or of the Alliance.

The leaders of each respective faction would never accept an soldier that is so out of shape as ALL the Pandarens are.

Imagine a fat human rogue eating a snickers while sneaking around Garrosh Hellscream, it's stupid and it would be hilarious.

WE ARE WELL TRAINED WARRIORS AND DEMAND THAT OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FIGHTING BY OUR SIDE, ARE WELL TRAINED WARRIORS ASWELL!

(Or atleast have the option to reduce the belly size when creating a Pandaren...maybe?)
Pandaren biology =/= human biology.
THATS discrimunashun Right there!!1112!! I need muh suggah for muhh cundishuns, I HAVE THYROID problems. mah doctor said it. HAES have alot of warriors aswell !!!!!!!

On a serious note, i believe Pandas are '' sumos '' they have alot of muscle and some fat. Not a regular fatass
I believe you are 2 years too late with this comment, mate ... but i'm not totally sure
They are not fat, they are big boned.

In Azeroth, size does not matter. See gnomes and goblins. Goblins mostly.
05/11/2014 14:14Posted by Natgeo
THATS discrimunashun Right there!!1112!! I need muh suggah for muhh cundishuns, I HAVE THYROID problems. mah doctor said it. HAES have alot of warriors aswell !!!!!!!

On a serious note, i believe Pandas are '' sumos '' they have alot of muscle and some fat. Not a regular fatass

LOOOL!

05/11/2014 14:14Posted by Ulkair
I believe you are 2 years too late with this comment, mate ... but i'm not totally sure

So, they didn't get the hint? I should make me clearer then:

PANDARENS, YOU NEED TO WORKOUT MORE!!!!11!!
05/11/2014 14:18Posted by Quiñzel
They are not fat, they are big boned.

In Azeroth, size does not matter. See gnomes and goblins. Goblins mostly.

OMG!

They didn't even come to mind.

NOW I GET IT!
All the pandas eat so much that the goblins and gnomes can't have some. That's why they did stop growing when they were 5 years old.
I dont know. I love yelling "RUN CHUBBY! RUN!" when playing my pandaren monk. :D
05/11/2014 14:09Posted by Galore
Pandarens. They are overweight.

This needs some scientific proof. I propose OP goes to the zoo and fights a Panda.

Be sure to let us know how it works out, k?
Pandaren might call humans underweight.
If you look at the Shado-Pan, they are very agile, so clearly their physique does not hinder them in combat.

Also each Shado-Pan initiate has to go to through rigorous trials. Many initiates do not survive those trials. Only the best of the best succeed.

http://wowpedia.org/Shado-Pan#Trial_of_the_Red_Blossoms

When properly trained, a pandaren is a very skilled combatant. It'll be stupid to not accept them because of their physique.
Since when did real world rules count for anything in a fantasy game?

One real world name springs to mind, Sammo Hung.
Have you ever even seen a panda, IRL?

They live on bamboo shoots and yet, due to being very efficient calorie-wise and just their natural genetics, they still have a chunky, bottom-heavy physique.

That's just the way bears are, so it stands to reason that bear humanoids would be like that, too.

You could put them on a diet, but they would probably just end up looking a bit sad and baggy - not fit and strong.
more fat = more armor
Yeah, its totally unrealistic. I mean how would they be able to charge as a warrior? Or throw fireballs as a mage...wait a second...
Here's a short highlights video from a World's Strongest Man competition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBEslGNPWzo

If that's what those athletes are capable of, imagine what a bear-humanoid could do.
Has the OP figured out yet he is referring to a walking, talking Panda that does martial arts?
Everyone else is too skinny.

05/11/2014 15:47Posted by Fattybumbum
fat

*Hugs panda*
Imagine a fat human rogue eating a snickers while sneaking around Garrosh Hellscream, it's awesome and it would be hilarious.

Fixed it for you

Or atleast have the option to reduce the belly size when creating a Pandaren...maybe?

Sure, but also include fat option for Dwarves and Humans please :D
Pandaren are bears and bears are generally heavy built, male pandaren especially, but it's probably normal for their kind. It's like calling an elephant fat, they may be to our species's standard but for their kind it's normal to be built like that...

Also pandaren still show some muscle tone as well, you could compare them to a sumo wrestler who also look fat but that's deceptive as they also train constantly so they're pretty strong.
They are not fat they are fluffy <3