''If you go see the EU feedback thread...''

General
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
10/11/2014 19:51Posted by Heallarious
looking at the first page of your posting history.

If you actually read my recent posts (The first page) I've been answering questions and quelling useless negativity, there is no negativity from me directly, on subsequent pages where I have been negative I often leave reasoning and ways to improve the experiences.

If you're going to flame on me, then at least accurately do so.
10/11/2014 19:56Posted by ßow
10/11/2014 19:51Posted by Heallarious
looking at the first page of your posting history.

If you actually read my recent posts (The first page) I've been answering questions and quelling useless negativity, there is no negativity from me directly.

If you're going to flame on me, then at least accurately do so.

I could list dozens of threads now, but I shall do no such thing, for this thread shall transform again in constructiveness and love.
To be fair he was looking at a post with a huge facepalm picture made from typing at the time which isn't exactly what you would call good feedback and I don't really think that the comment should be taken so seriously as I'm sure it wasn't intended to be a serious comment. Most companies favour the opinions of people in their own countries that's pretty much how it's always been. The company is based in America therfore that is where they will focus their attention whether we like it or not it's unlikely to ever change. I don't know why some people are feeling so upset about this comment. I seem to recall it made me have a little giggle when I saw what he was looking at at the time the comment was made.
10/11/2014 20:04Posted by Kalistar
I don't know why some people are feeling so upset about this comment. I seem to recall it made me have a little giggle when I saw what he was looking at at the time the comment was made.

It had no place in the documentary, in my opinion.
I will admit that this part of the documentary stung me a little bit, largely because of my emotional attachment to the EU forums, and also because I know for a fact that there are a large amount of constructive and well-thought threads and feedback posts here.

EDIT: Thank you so much for clarifying, Ion! <3
10/11/2014 20:20Posted by Danellos
I will admit that this part of the documentary stung me a little bit, largely because of my emotional attachment to the EU forums, and also because I know for a fact that there are a large amount of constructive and well-thought threads and feedback posts here.

I'd honestly like to see the reaction of our US friends if they were the ones getting called out :p
You have high hopes ;P
https://twitter.com/Heallarious/status/531907075128180737

Seems like Watcher replied!
10/11/2014 20:40Posted by Heallarious
https://twitter.com/Heallarious/status/531907075128180737

Seems like Watcher replied!

Are you joking me with that?

HE started that thread to get feedback about the raid encounter! And the EU posters in it trolled the freaking thing. LOOK at yourselves first before blaming them. People will complain all day about the lack of contact from Blizzard reps, but if that is how the EU responds to being asked for feedback... if you were Blizzard would you want to keep asking?

If you want to be heard, give them something worthwhile to hear.
We do get valuable feedback from the EU forums, both directly from the English forums and translated/summarized by members of our Community team from the other language forums. I winced a little bit at that quote in the documentary as well, just because I knew it might be taken the wrong way.

For full context, for those who weren't participating or around during the early days of our Warlords beta testing, the first day of raid testing was a mess. We scheduled a Butcher test as our first raid test of the expansion and the massive number of people trying to zone in at once was chain-crashing our instance servers (due to a bug that we found and fixed within a few hours, thanks to the data obtained from monitoring testers). I had made specific feedback threads on both the NA and EU forums (as I always do) for the boss, and unsurprisingly the threads ended up being dominated by comments about server stability with little useful info about the bosses themselves. That's why I said "there is actually some genuine feedback..." - we'd written off the test as something that wasn't likely to yield anything constructive at all.

In general, we get (and use) tons of useful feedback from our EU raid tests. As I said on Twitter, that brief clip was about this one specific thread, and was not a general statement.

You have to admit scrolling past the Picard facepalm ASCII made for some fine comic timing alongside my comments, though - kudos to the editing team for that pairing.
It's because people are extremely negative and toxic here, it's a rare thing to see something well defined and well worded. Instead you get thread after thread with something like "Omg blizz pls change this game 360 degrees so only me could enjoy it cuz now i unsub". There rarely is a thread that you could read and think "Hm, maybe that's a good point he/she made here". You read the title and realize it's yet another complain or rant or just explosion of negative emotions. No one takes short tempered people seriously.
#Primerising2014
I think many are disinclined to give constructive feedback because as a playerbase, the EU generally feel ignored compared to the US players. I know many players who don't bother posting because they feel there is no point, and others stopped going to the forums because even the important posts rarely get attention.

Another thing is the language barrier. I bet most of the devs/blue posters cannot speak multiple languages. So a huge chunk of the EU players are destined to be ignored. Those who can speak english, sometimes struggle with it so you can get some very oddly constructed feedback that can be difficult to read.

Blizzard can say all they like about the US being more constructive because they have had ten years of dedicated regular blue communication. The EU have had ten years of very spotty attention. Ten years of being mostly ignored will make any community very cynical, annoyed or simply discontinue to visit.
10/11/2014 20:48Posted by Magcotti
HE started that thread to get feedback about the raid encounter! And the EU posters in it trolled the freaking thing. LOOK at yourselves first before blaming them. People will complain all day about the lack of contact from Blizzard reps, but if that is how the EU responds to being asked for feedback... if you were Blizzard would you want to keep asking?

I think it's a bit of a vicious circle. Players see less interaction in terms of blues (in general) on EU, which leads them to think they're not heard, which leads them to take the forums less seriously, which... etc. I eventually stopped reading the EU Beta forum because I was tired of all the negative threads popping up. They might've stopped after a bit, but it was somewhat annoying.
Well to be honest.. What I've seen so far when I compared the EU forums and the US forums.. I must say the EU forums are like 80% "whine threads" instead of proper feedback.. And another thing the posts that said the truth about people their "feedback" got just disliked by a bunch of people.

10/11/2014 20:50Posted by Watcher
For full context, for those who weren't participating or around during the early days of our Warlords beta testing, the first day of raid testing was a mess. We scheduled a Butcher test as our first raid test of the expansion and the massive number of people trying to zone in at once was chain-crashing our instance servers (due to a bug that we found and fixed within a few hours, thanks to the data obtained from monitoring testers). I had made specific feedback threads on both the NA and EU forums (as I always do) for the boss, and unsurprisingly the threads ended up being dominated by comments about server stability with little useful info about the bosses themselves. That's why I said "there is actually some genuine feedback..." - we'd written off the test as something that wasn't likely to yield anything constructive at all.

I remember that I was in that thread aswell. It went mostly from the EU Top guilds crying like #PrimeIsRising, Stuff working as intended and all that stuff. But yeah, I guess people were overall dissapointed and went total Troll mode I think?

But yeah, Warlords in a few days Watcher! And then I hope the encounters will be as good as they were during beta testing.. Since they gave atleast a nice feeling though! Can't wait to smash Gruul! ;D
We do get valuable feedback from the EU forums, both directly from the English forums and translated/summarized by members of our Community team from the other language forums. I winced a little bit at that quote in the documentary as well, just because I knew it might be taken the wrong way.

In general, we get (and use) tons of useful feedback from our EU raid tests. As I said on Twitter, that brief clip was about this one specific thread, and was not a general statement.

You have to admit scrolling past the Picard facepalm ASCII made for some fine comic timing alongside my comments, though - kudos to the editing team for that pairing.

I know you're busy and stuff, but if you would just make, like, 1 post per week in our humble EU forum here, a lot of people would be very happy and it would go a long way in terms of attracting more people to gather feedback from.

When people see that their feedback is heard, they will give it willingly.
I feel like you're taking an isolated comment, without knowing anything about the context, and generalising it without a shred of critical thinking. The thread they were refering to was probably riddled with trolls and bad comments, but that's not to say every single EU thread is like that or that the devs even think so. They just made a comment about a single thread at a single point in time, which can then be taken out of context and twisted to fit any sort of argument (even the one I'm making).

It's very unfair and shows tendencies of wanting to start a witch hunt on very shaky ground to think that was anything but a one-off. If anything this proves that they actually do look at our forums.
just because I knew it might be taken the wrong way.

At least you recognized it, you're my favorite Developer Ion, you didn't need to come here and clear things up, but you did. A little recognition goes a long way.

Thanks for that.