Why are sub prices increasing for the uk

General
Why is the sub price for players who sub in pounds sterling increasing? Is this some sort of punishment by the EU for the uk not paying the 1.7 billion bill? Or is blizzard just being greedy?
Because you were paying alot less than the rest of Europe.Blizzard are just making things fair.

And guess what?You still pay less.
You pay 9.99£ , which is 12.46 Euro.
While we pay 12.99 Euro , which is 10.41 £

So dont complain.
UK has always paid less than those in the EU. Suck it up.
You know.... your going to moan about the price.... but i bet 100% you will still play... so why bother to moan?

You KNOW nothing is going to change....
Continue with your subscription as we all know you will, and deal with it.
Because of currency exchange from euros. You were paying in value a lesser amount of money than the rest of european players. Now we are paying the same value regardless the currency you are paying with. (Punds sterling or euros)
No increase for 10 years and the pound is doing well against the Euro, that's why it's going up.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Dollar and Euro price will change soon.
To be fair the price has remained the same for nearly 10 years defying inflation. The only other thing that has done this is Space Raiders crisps.
Doesn't really bother me, when i plan my monthly budget I've always put my WoW subscription as £10 anyway, saying £8.99 would have just been awkward. Only difference is now I won't have that spare £1 just sitting there in my bank.
They said about this months ago you would have thought players would have taken notice tbh
05/11/2014 15:57Posted by Everyboy
Why is the sub price for players who sub in pounds sterling increasing? Is this some sort of punishment by the EU for the uk not paying the 1.7 billion bill? Or is blizzard just being greedy?

It happened (or was announced) before your former suggestion happened.
05/11/2014 16:09Posted by Kashon
Because you were paying alot less than the rest of Europe.Blizzard are just making things fair.

So dont complain.
why should Britain be punished because it has a strong high valued currency?
05/11/2014 16:09Posted by Kashon

So dont complain.

This excuse doesn't work because, historically, the Euro was always worth less, against the pound, than it has been worth for the last few years.

Look up the relative values from 2004 (the year WoW started) and you will see what I mean.
Nothing has changed game wise comparing, currencies isn't really a reason for hiking prices.
I know they announced this some time ago but that doesn't stop me being annoyed by it?

There is no real justification for increasing the price of a service unless operating costs have increased. Not "well the pound looks like it's doing ok now". When it inevitably drops or the euro peaks will we be getting a discount or will the euro be getting a hike, 'just 'cause'.
Is this some sort of punishment by the EU for the uk not paying the 1.7 billion bill?

hahahaha ahahahahahah hahaaahahahahaha VOTE UKIP XD
05/11/2014 16:14Posted by Lainni
To be fair the price has remained the same for nearly 10 years defying inflation. The only other thing that has done this is Space Raiders crisps.

Sorry, but they have gone from 10p to 25p in my shop.

Freddos went from 5p to 35p.

MADNESS

How does this have any relation to that considering the rise in price was decided BEFORE the 1.7 billion pound bill was asked for?

p.s.

It's one freaking pound extra per month.
05/11/2014 17:40Posted by Ssvegeta
Freddos went from 5p to 35p.

I metaphorically wept when I seen a Caramel Freddo for more than 15p in a shop for the first time.

Same with freakin' bus fairs. The child's fair is essentially three times the price it was in 2002 (well, at least on Arriva).
I remember cans of Coke for 9p.

Now its a bargain at 55p