Please get rid of Yrel from the main questline

General
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
A lot of people really like her.

I don't tend to read much the first time I level due to lack of time and trying to keep up with my friends, so can't share my personal opinion on her yet. I do know I consider her facinating to watch in the cinematics though.
only time that yrel gets on my nerves is when she "will follow me to (forgot name) village".
I liked that Shattrath cinematic just because of Yrel. I hope that she will get more appearance in future. Btw. I saw her only at the start of quests and at the Shattrath. Nowhere else Horde see her.
having only touched on the starting ally quest line with an alt she seems really good and very likable. The quest where you have her follow you from your garrison for the 1st time to the town was really good, i love the NPCs reacting to her and the banter ("you owe me 6 copper!"). she's not been auto ordained an "bad !@#", like Varok Saurfang, she earning that title! In fact i wish she had interacted more with the horde than she did! It's like saying Durotan is crap cos when you meet him he's almost broken and losing control of his clan(his own brother won't listen to his orders) but like Yrel he has a great grown story arc and by nagrang they are importing $%^ for him to kick.
I like her voice. She's like a qt e-girl.

But her character? No. The great paladins, Uther and Arthas and all those, had to waste most of their teens practising. It's a hard process and takes lots of time - I thought. Then comes Yrel, and after a few... Months? She's one of our most epic heroes. Why?

Why does Blizzard have to write women as either worthless trash or overpowered, boring mary-sues? I wouldn't mind if they stopped making female characters entirely; They clearly suck at it. (Except for Sylvanas. Sylvanas is cool. And Thisalee Crow.)
You should not worry about her.

While you WoW players sleep i randomly visits one at a time per night watching the player sleep.
Nothing against her why the hell did Vindicator Maraad have to die for her... He was one of my favourite paladins in the game since BC cinematic and he's always been a badass.
28/11/2014 14:57Posted by Baelenn
To me she represents the opposite side of the coin from what happened with Garrosh, also initially flawed, also thrust into situations he was not prepared to face, did not handle it well.

Patch 9.4: Siege of Exodar confirmed.
Yrel only achieved greatness because everyone else who protected her/needed her died.
01/12/2014 00:31Posted by Bluehairguy
Nothing against her why the hell did Vindicator Maraad have to die for her... He was one of my favourite paladins in the game since BC cinematic and he's always been a badass.

Why didn't you raise him then?
My big problem is that she seems to be Anduin 2.0. A character that has tremendous power for really no apparent reason. Let's remember that when we first met Yrel, she was nothing special, a gal stuck in a cave frightened out of her mind. And two zones later, she's fighting the end boss of the patch.

That and the fact that she lacks any kind of flaws. But that can and should be corrected in future patches.
16/11/2014 02:46Posted by Pagán
I like that its a female, I dislike that they made her worthless.
I hope thats not some kind of statement from Blizzard.

Not worthless.

Think of the Sarah Connor character in the first two Terminator films. At the start of the two films she is pretty much bungling along helpless, by the end of the second she is kicking rear end with the best.

Think of the Ellen Ripley characters development from the start of the first Alien movie to the end of the second.

Closer to "home", think of Jaina Proudmoore. Pretty much a bookworm in Vanilla WoW and by the end of MoP is trying to manipulate Wrynn into an all out war with the Horde in the post-SoO cutscene. I suspect we have not seen the last of her yet.

I think the way that Yrel develops from being captive to badass is a great piece of story telling.
I bet she still hasn't paid back those 6 coppers.
Censor the truth some more you pathetic worms :)

again,
it takes a special kind of special rdrd to not see the blatant attempt to force in some !@#$ty character because it's a lolfemale in an obvious attempt to appease the rabid feminists and other such sad little creatures which have been continuously whining about this, the WIIMIN STRONK! is so painfully obvious ("little girl" part dialogue @ shatt) it's not even funny, not that it ever could be, - it's insulting to have your worthless sjw crap shoved down everyones screens.

Catering to such primitives is pathetic, simple as that, and don't try to shroud it in some b.s.

next you're gonna have velen undergoing %^-*!@ surgery and thrall becoming some freak that "likes" elementals a bit too much.

Pathetic x2.

But her character? No. The great paladins, Uther and Arthas and all those, had to waste most of their teens practising. It's a hard process and takes lots of time - I thought. Then comes Yrel, and after a few... Months? She's one of our most epic heroes. Why?
.)

this is actually quite normal, like most things some people have to work hard while some are naturally gifted even if they aren't aware of it, musicians are a good example.athletes are a better one..:)

oh, and haha..
I bet she still hasn't paid back those 6 coppers.
lol, what a trolling :) Are you bored to do quests for her? If she would do those quests alone... what would you play? Did king of Stormwind helped you all the time? You are "soldier" or a "hero" and you are receiving commands/quests :)

And the joke with cinematic... there are cutscenes in game engine with your very hero... but a cinematics with your hero? You mean that Blizz should create a cinematic for every character and depending on the armor he is wearing - that would be like infinite number of cinematics... Or if Blizz would use some common armor for every players hero, then the number for each cinematic would be only "number of races" x 2 (for male/female) and you would then see cinematic with your hero in different armor that you are wearing. And of course your hero couldn't make any class/talents specific ability you don't have :D
01/12/2014 00:31Posted by Bluehairguy

Maybe he died to find a peace and to take his burden away :)
30/11/2014 21:24Posted by Rexezy

Uther was a priests if do I remember correctly. Just when the horde attacked lands of Lordareon, Archbishop Faol created paladins - from clerics and knight. He let clerics train abilities of knights and he teaches knights the holy magic. At the end, light in them created new abilities never seen before.

These paladins changed the coin of war and have become heroes.

Yrel was a priest, trained by Velen. She got part of Velen's might in cinematic with Velen's sacrifice. And because of the fate and her actions in battle she is shaped.
The thing I like most about Yriel is her weakness and dire need for help.

She was a normal girl, a farm girl if I'm not mistaken. And she moved onward.
It isn't easy for a weak, frightened girl to overcome fear and kill a major "officer" of the enemy. on the way of the quest line she encourage her people to fight, she witnesses tragic events, and takes part in battles to defeat the Iron Horde.

I like her a lot and I'm actually grateful for her being the way she is. She doesn't want war, she wants to stop it, but not everything is going as planned. She learns many things, and finally learns to trust us, the Aliens to this world.

I want her as an active follower :)