Alright since you will probably lock this one too...

General
Shall everyone go and start issuing complaints on Better Business Bureau?This will definitely shake some chairs and cause this company to actually get something done properly for the first time in their gaming history.
Get something done?, why would they do that when they can sit back and count their $$$?, greed has ruined this company and made them lazy and uncareing, they have money yet nothing is fixed, they get ddosed yet don't try to upgrade their security with the $$$ we give them, we try and get our complaints to get heard only to get the thread locked, the $$$ they do spend is on useless projects like hearthstone which lets be honest most of the people only downloaded to get the free mount which they had to do to get any notice because like most things blizzard does these days its extremely broken/unbalanced and flawed, do i expect anything to get fixed? yes i do well with duck tape which will hold for a while until the next problem occures because blizzard is busy counting their $$$, honestly i don't expect anything from blizzard anymore and you know what i have accepted that and you should too just enjoy what you can while it lasts because when WoD hits this game will explode which will probably take blizzard a few days to give us any offical notice which will be on twitter which like 1-5% of people use or will actually see it because its twitter not the offfical wow forums/website/battlenet app were i expect to see news about the game condition etc.
05/11/2014 15:10Posted by Lawc
Get something done?, why would they do that when they can sit back and count their $$$?, greed has ruined this company and made them lazy and uncareing, they have money yet nothing is fixed, they get ddosed yet don't try to upgrade their security with the $$$ we give them, we try and get our complaints to get heard only to get the thread locked, the $$$ they do spend is on useless projects like hearthstone which lets be honest most of the people only downloaded to get the free mount which they had to do to get any notice because like most things blizzard does these days its extremely broken/unbalanced and flawed, do i expect anything to get fixed? yes i do well with duck tape which will hold for a while until the next problem occures because blizzard is busy counting their $$$, honestly i don't expect anything from blizzard anymore and you know what i have accepted that and you should too just enjoy what you can while it lasts because when WoD hits this game will explode which will probably take blizzard a few days to give us any offical notice which will be on twitter which like 1-5% of people use or will actually see it because its twitter not the offfical wow forums/website/battlenet app were i expect to see news about the game condition etc.

It's time WE set some rules.. and promise them that our next vote will be with our feet.. we have had enough of this lack of care and irresponsibility.. we need people to say that they would cancel their subs unless Blizzard start to seriously pay attention to the technical problems they are subjecting us to.

I am not talking about game play or unfairness in game etc. etc. I am talking about not able to log on.. or enter instances, BGs,download new patch.............. the list goes on and on..

It's it time we really did it.
05/11/2014 15:00Posted by Ohshift
Shall everyone go and start issuing complaints on Better Business Bureau?This will definitely shake some chairs and cause this company to actually get something done properly for the first time in their gaming history.

LOLBBB .. have you any idea at all how worthless they are?

Oh, BTW, BBB is American and this is an EU service so they don't have any interest or 'jurisdiction' in any case
There is no chance that this will be locked... since there aren't any mods or GMs on the forums.. and if there was then they would awnser to more threads
05/11/2014 17:02Posted by Ambient
What is this thread actually about?

It's about someone who doesn't understand business practise and the application of terms of use.
05/11/2014 17:11Posted by Dottie
It's about someone who doesn't understand business practise and the application of terms of use.

You mean the same as virtually every other 'I didn't get what I assume I paid for, not that I've actually read the terms so for all I know I have signed away my firstborn child, so I shall take the forums in an incoherent crusade.' thread?
05/11/2014 17:16Posted by Komenasai
not that I've actually read the terms so for all I know I have signed away my firstborn child

Obviously, this is supposed to be a joke, but it is also an incorrect exaggeration of the situation.

For what feels like the 500th time, you are legally not allowed to ask someone to agree to something that contravenes the law.

Therefore, if your terms and conditions contravene the law, they are utterly worthless, whether you manage to persuade people to sign them, or not.
not that I've actually read the terms so for all I know I have signed away my firstborn child

HI there please E-mail blizzard support when you are due and we will come and collect the child.
05/11/2014 17:42Posted by Tigemma

Obviously, this is supposed to be a joke, but it is also an incorrect exaggeration of the situation.

For what feels like the 500th time, you are legally not allowed to ask someone to agree to something that contravenes the law.

Therefore, if your terms and conditions contravene the law, they are utterly worthless, whether you manage to persuade people to sign them, or not.

I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure that the terms of service state that they are applicable unless otherwise stated by local laws. or words to that effect.
05/11/2014 17:42Posted by Tigemma

Is it safe to say that if anything in the terms and conditions were breaching the law that they would have been pulled up on it by now? Ten years down the line? Don't you think that ONE case would have been filed and followed up?

I am just assuming all this of course, but I get the feeling that everything we have agreed to is above board as far as the terms and conditions are concerned, and this includes down time.